|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do. |
 |
|
Recovered from a real PDF export of this thread, hosted by the Night Ops community's own successor site (nightops.net) - not from a totse.com capture. This installment predates our crawl of totse.com and has no known real thread id - shown here under a placeholder URL rather than a captured one.
|
#1
 2004-07-28, 02:38
|
bangbangbooty 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Night Ops III
As you probably know, the Night Ops II thread became corrupted and no new posts were
showing on page 8.
I have attempted to prune replies on earlier pages in attempt to correct the thread, and it's throwing all sorts of DB errors at me and it can't be repaired.
Also i'm not prepared to try and archive the thread, doing so and having it badly corrupted may cause all sorts of problems with the software.
So continue on with your Night Ops posts here.
|
|
#2
 2004-07-28, 03:24
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I spent a lot of today trying to figure out how I could put my bicycle to good use during ops. It would definitely shorten up total operation time in a lot of cases, which is good considering I've been out from dusk to dawn before.
The first thing I need to do was list the reasons it wasn't suitable for night ops.
1. Too many shiny parts. I could respray the entire thing in flat black, but this bike wasn't exactly cheap and I'd like to keep it in its current scheme.
2. Too fast for my field of vision. When I'm out of town on a new moon, I can barely see out infront of me. If I were going along fast enough, I would be riding blind basically.
3. Low mobility. I couldn't exactly take this thing into yards and such. Throwing it over fences would also prove to be troublesome.
Those are the cons, now here are the pros I came up with:
1. Speed. Gets me from point A to point B fast provided there aren't too many obstacles in my way. It's a very well built mountain bike, so rough terrain is no problem.
2. Quiet, makes no noise in most cases, except when changing gears.
3. Can carry gear. With some work, I could make this thing haul loads for me.
Looking at the pros and cons, here's what I've determined to be the best uses of bicycles during night ops:
1. Escape vehicle. Should I be seen and chased, I can escape to my bike and outrun any person or animal. If a police car is after me, I can slip into a field where he cannot follow.
2. Insertion to operations area border. Since I live just outside of town, I can use the bicycle to move through the fields at a good speed. What took great amounts of time before would take mere minutes.
3. Cargo vehicle. By attaching a backpack, I can load up the things I *might* need. I can also fit other goodies to the frame such as my machete, a flashlight w/red cover on the handlebars for lights, and water/food for longer ops.
Food and water is especially important to me because I need to go long distances to get any
good action, and I often get hungry and thirsty. With a mobile supply, I won't have to go to public water sources or salvage what plant food I can from nature. I could always starve or stay thirsty, but it takes its toll.
In short, the bicycle is valuable when treated like a mobile base. It can carry everything you need for you, so you don't have to carry so much weight around during longer ops. It also allows you to extend your theatre of operations without noisy engines and bright headlights.
If you decide to dedicate a bicycle to operations however, it should be used for the SOLE purpose of operations. Go with a mountain bike, for your advantage should be the ability to take trails and fields where vehicles cannot follow yet you can outrun the people on foot - who can! Also, it should never be stored near your property. Finally, paint the thing flat black. If nobody is supposed to see it, who cares how plain it looks?
That's all I can think of for now. I'll post some unique ideas on how you could actually use this inside the operations area later sometime.
|
|
#3
 2004-07-28, 03:44
|
Noriyuke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Im new to Night Ops and ive been reading through the files and posts. Im not a very "fit " person
and Jumping fenses are quite difficult for me. I Would liekto hypothetically penetrate a school and
mess around but its damn near impossible for me to things quickly enought without being noticed
because i have a few dilenmas.
1. The best way for me to jump the fence is, well through the front Gate. And the school is in front of a major road which always has cars going through it.
2. Im not that small and im very noticable in the light.
3. Im poor, Pasically i have no way of creating or buying equipment. I only have a few essentials. but not much. Also, i have no method of being transported to a store of any sort. (the closest shop to my house is about 6 miles away) and since my parents are very cheap they will never, under any circumstance take me anywhere. I Also have no bike so i can bike anywhere.
Any Tips would be quite helpful. Through the posts i havent found a way to make "poor mans" ops equipment so i thought i would post now. I Will admit that i did not read VERy throroughly through the posts but i did look at every page for every section of night ops.
Please Tips would be Helpful.
EDIT: Added soem things.
[This message has been edited by Noriyuke (edited 07-28-2004).]
|
|
#4
 2004-07-28, 03:59
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Noriyuke:
Im new to Night Ops and ive been reading through the files and posts. Im not a very "fit " person and Jumping fenses are quite difficult for me. I Would liekto hypothetically penetrate a school and mess around but its damn near impossible for me to things quickly enought without being noticed because i have a few dilenmas.
1. The best way for me to jump the fence is, well through the front Gate. And the school is in front of a major road which always has cars going through it.
2. Im not that small and im very noticable in the light.
3. Im poor, Pasically i have no way of creating or buying equipment. I only have a few essentials. but not much. Also, i have no method of being transported to a store of any sort. (the closest shop to my house is about 6 miles away) and since my parents are very cheap they will never, under any circumstance take me anywhere. I Also have no bike so i can bike anywhere.
Any Tips would be quite helpful. Through the posts i havent found a way to make "poor mans" ops equipment so i thought i would post now. I Will admit that i did not read VERy throroughly through the posts but i did look at every page for every section of night ops.
Please Tips would be Helpful.
EDIT: Added soem things.
[This message has been edited by Noriyuke (edited 07-28-2004).] Don't worry about the second issue. I'm now 6'5" and about 200 pounds, but I can still sneak around just fine. The important thing is keeping quiet as hearing is more dominant than sight in the dark. Still, don't overlook staying hidden.
About 3, do you live outside of town? If so, I feel for you man. I have to travel so damn much just to get an op...
As for cheap equipment, the single most important piece of equipment is a flashlight. Even then you might not use it the majority of the time. I only use mine when I'm in a pitch black building or need to see an object in high detail.
For climbing high objects, you can cut down some tree limbs and make your own disposable ladder. Prybars can be replaced by any strong piece of steel bar found anywhere. If you need to take out lights and/or sensors, you can make a basic slingshot using rubber tubing. Just create a frame from wood and attach the tubing by either lashing or slipping over the top of the wood a great deal. To hold objects in it, you can cut slits at both ends of a piece of leather/cloth as to slide it onto the rubber tubing.
Multitools are pretty important if you plan on doing anything serious. Try to get one ASAP. In the meantime you'll have to settle with carrying around a set of tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
You probably get the idea by now. If there's any specific item you need, let me know and I'll try to think of either how to build your own or a suitable substitution.
|
|
#5
 2004-07-28, 04:49
|
outsmartyouwithignorance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
the whole multi tool thing doesnt appeal to me.mainly because they cna break and may take too
long if they get stuck.I have a binder like used in school,it zips all the way around. inside i have a
pry bar,audio signals,flares,pencil torches,wire cutters,wire strippers,and all my screw drivers,and
even distraction lights.Since it zips closed and has pockets,everything fits and doesnt move
around.I sewed straps onto the outside so now i can wear it as a back pack or around the front as
a chest gaurd.itsvery useful and i can now carry more equipment with greater ease.
|
|
#6
 2004-07-28, 05:30
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Psycholonic, it sounds like you go on some pretty hardcore long-range missions. I live in the city, so being in an urban environment I can just drive my car close to where my target zone is and park on any side-street. But if I lived out in the country I would definately invest in a bike.
|
|
#7
 2004-07-28, 05:47
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by invictus:
I'm about 6'" and about 260 pounds, but I sneak around just fine. The important thing you need to remember is keeping quiet as hearing is more paramount than vision in the dark. Still, stay hidden.
As far as gear is concerned, the single most important piece of equipment is a flashlight, preferably in a muted color such as red or blue light. Even then you might not use it the majority of the time. I use mine when I'm in a dark building or if the need to see an object arises.
Lockpicks and the like are pretty important if you plan on doing high-level missions, such as businesses and houses on upper-midle class areas. Get one as soon as possible, the sooner the better. For now, you might have to settle with carrying tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, bolt cutters etc. Hope this helps.
|
|
#8
 2004-07-28, 06:09
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by heisler:
Can you elaborate on this? It's simple, really. The first things to get are your two main poles to which you attach the wooden rungs two. It is these need to be strong enough to support your weight. Depending on how tall you need it, the stronger the material. If it's only going to be around 6' tall, thick willow will even do. Then you need to find your limbs for use as rungs. They shouldn't be any longer than 14". As long as it can support your weight, you are good. The intervals at which you place the rungs depends on your stride, really. Mentally picture where you want your rungs placed.
When it comes time to attach them, there are several options. The first and easiest is if you got lucky and your main 2 poles had branches coming off of them all over, in which case you can just set your rungs in the slots and tie them down.
More likely, you'll be either carving lincoln notches or butterfly notches. Lincoln notches are what you see on lincoln logs, if you played with those as a kid. Easy to do, but not as reliable as the butterfly.
Butterfly notches are made by carving an hourglass into the main pole, then carving an hourglass on its side onto the rung so that the hourglass shapes interlock with each other. I guess it takes practice and a woodsmans touch to make those...
There are also other wooden ladders you can make, but I'm really not in the mood to describe them all. Try looking in Google.
If you want something easier and more portable, just make a rope ladder with hooks and loops on one end. Instead of throwing the ladder and hoping it catches, you can use a branch to secure the loops or hook on something. It's quicker and quieter than throwing.
*sigh*
Damn am I typing a lot today or what?
HARDMAN, the only real hardcore part is the rural travelling which takes more time than it does effort.
invictus, a lockpicking set cannot cut rope, cut wire, file down objects, unscrew a large variety of screws, unsecure bolts, punch holes, saw notches into wood, etc etc. Not to say a lockpicking set isn't useful, but I've used my leatherman far more often.
Anyhow, I'm about to set out and test some of my concepts for my bicycle. When and if I get back I'll post some results as well as the ideas I promised (because those ideas are going to be made from these tests) http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
|
|
#9
 2004-07-28, 06:31
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
A bike is a good sure-fire way to increase your operational range. Currently me and my crew
have a range of about 1.5 to 2 miles on foot. Twice that on bike.
c2
|
|
#10
 2004-07-28, 07:52
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
I spent a lot of today trying to figure out how I could put my bicycle to good use during ops. It would definitely shorten up total operation time in a lot of cases, which is good considering I've been out from dusk to dawn before.
The first thing I need to do was list the reasons it wasn't suitable for night ops.
1. Too many shiny parts. I could respray the entire thing in flat black, but this bike wasn't exactly cheap and I'd like to keep it in its current scheme.
2. Too fast for my field of vision. When I'm out of town on a new moon, I can barely see out infront of me. If I were going along fast enough, I would be riding blind basically.
3. Low mobility. I couldn't exactly take this thing into yards and such. Throwing it over fences would also prove to be troublesome.
Those are the cons, now here are the pros I came up with:
1. Speed. Gets me from point A to point B fast provided there aren't too many obstacles in my way. It's a very well built mountain bike, so rough terrain is no problem.
2. Quiet, makes no noise in most cases, except when changing gears.
3. Can carry gear. With some work, I could make this thing haul loads for me.
Looking at the pros and cons, here's what I've determined to be the best uses of bicycles during night ops:
1. Escape vehicle. Should I be seen and chased, I can escape to my bike and outrun any person or animal. If a police car is after me, I can slip into a field where he cannot follow.
2. Insertion to operations area border. Since I live just outside of town, I can use the bicycle to move through the fields at a good speed. What took great amounts of time before would take mere minutes.
3. Cargo vehicle. By attaching a backpack, I can load up the things I *might* need. I can also fit other goodies to the frame such as my machete, a flashlight w/red cover on the handlebars for lights, and water/food for longer ops.
Food and water is especially important to me because I need to go long distances to get any good action, and I often get hungry and thirsty. With a mobile supply, I won't have to go to public water sources or salvage what plant food I can from nature. I could always starve or stay thirsty, but it takes its toll.
In short, the bicycle is valuable when treated like a mobile base. It can carry everything you need for you, so you don't have to carry so much weight around during longer ops. It also allows you to extend your theatre of operations without noisy engines and bright headlights.
If you decide to dedicate a bicycle to operations however, it should be used for the SOLE purpose of operations. Go with a mountain bike, for your advantage should be the ability to take trails and fields where vehicles cannot follow yet you can outrun the people on foot - who can! Also, it should never be stored near your property. Finally, paint the thing flat black. If nobody is supposed to see it, who cares how plain it looks?
That's all I can think of for now. I'll post some unique ideas on how you could actually use this inside the operations area later sometime. That is true, a bike is a good method of transportation. But, I live on a gravel road, and a bike would be so loud coming up. I think I would just carry it down, or go through a neighbor's yard.
I have been out and realized the sun was coming up, and had to hide from cars. I didn't get back until 4:55am, 1/2 hour before my dad wakes up.
I would save at least 20 minutes by riding a bike, but I have to go by road, and there are a few driveways, but if a car comes it is hard to jump and hide.
P.S. c2 I have gathered that you live in washington state, as do I. AIM me at gullouspondwater.
[This message has been edited by cheeseduck (edited 07-28-2004).]
|
|
#11
 2004-07-28, 11:35
|
The Don 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I live in the country which is all right normally but useless for night ops. I can't use my bike,
because there is no way to sneak out of my room and even if I did, I have a 300 yard long gravel
lane and then I have to cross a metal cattle grid which rattles and could wake my parents, who
trust me as far as they can throw me. Which is fuck all. And then, if I managed to get out and wet
by foot, there is the question of what to do? Because I live 8 miles from the nearest town and 3
miles from the nearest village and unless you like doing recon on sleeping cows and abandoned
barns full of cow dung you're sort of stuck. There is only a old mushroom farm (been there) and a
roadside cafe.
|
|
#12
 2004-07-28, 18:11
|
pyrozarc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
I spent a lot of today trying to figure out how I could put my bicycle to good use during ops. It would definitely shorten up total operation time in a lot of cases, which is good considering I've been out from dusk to dawn before.
The first thing I need to do was list the reasons it wasn't suitable for night ops.
1. Too many shiny parts. I could respray the entire thing in flat black, but this bike wasn't exactly cheap and I'd like to keep it in its current scheme.
2. Too fast for my field of vision. When I'm out of town on a new moon, I can barely see out infront of me. If I were going along fast enough, I would be riding blind basically.
3. Low mobility. I couldn't exactly take this thing into yards and such. Throwing it over fences would also prove to be troublesome.
Those are the cons, now here are the pros I came up with:
1. Speed. Gets me from point A to point B fast provided there aren't too many obstacles in my way. It's a very well built mountain bike, so rough terrain is no problem.
2. Quiet, makes no noise in most cases, except when changing gears.
3. Can carry gear. With some work, I could make this thing haul loads for me.
Looking at the pros and cons, here's what I've determined to be the best uses of bicycles during night ops:
1. Escape vehicle. Should I be seen and chased, I can escape to my bike and outrun any person or animal. If a police car is after me, I can slip into a field where he cannot follow.
2. Insertion to operations area border. Since I live just outside of town, I can use the bicycle to move through the fields at a good speed. What took great amounts of time before would take mere minutes.
3. Cargo vehicle. By attaching a backpack, I can load up the things I *might* need. I can also fit other goodies to the frame such as my machete, a flashlight w/red cover on the handlebars for lights, and water/food for longer ops.
Food and water is especially important to me because I need to go long distances to get any good action, and I often get hungry and thirsty. With a mobile supply, I won't have to go to public water sources or salvage what plant food I can from nature. I could always starve or stay thirsty, but it takes its toll.
In short, the bicycle is valuable when treated like a mobile base. It can carry everything you need for you, so you don't have to carry so much weight around during longer ops. It also allows you to extend your theatre of operations without noisy engines and bright headlights.
If you decide to dedicate a bicycle to operations however, it should be used for the SOLE purpose of operations. Go with a mountain bike, for your advantage should be the ability to take trails and fields where vehicles cannot follow yet you can outrun the people on foot - who can! Also, it should never be stored near your property. Finally, paint the thing flat black. If nobody is supposed to see it, who cares how plain it looks?
That's all I can think of for now. I'll post some unique ideas on how you could actually use this inside the operations area later sometime. I have always used my bike to go places on night ops, I just leave mine in my uncles garden, because he always keeps his back gate open. He also lives on this estate which is perfect for night-ops. Its well worth the effort as well, because you now have an improved method of escaping, and it is easy to lose people following you by cycling off road and down back roads, and through fields/waste land.
I totally recommend anyone going on their bicycle on a night-op. Only problem, which has been stated above, is the fact that you can't see much in front of you. You could try going slower, but if possible go out when there is a moon.
And if there is no moon don't cylce on the road, cycle on footpaths. What type of loser would be out walking along a footpath at 3am. THen again, there can be drunks etc. Surely hitting those can only be an advantage. Lol.
Well feel free to flame, comment on this post, your ideas can only help. Rather than hinder. Duh. I'm gonna shut the fuck up now.
Psychlonic 2004-07-28 19:00 I would have posted this last night (or rather, way early in the morning) but I opted to fall asleep in my room instead.
Anyhow I took my bike for a proof of concept run. I didn't actually go to any populated areas at first, but rather just stuck to the ranch roads in my area.
My bike had a flashlight on the handlebars, machete attached vertically to the center of the frame, and a small pack loaded with a few tools and a packet of Top Ramen attached to the seat bar.
After I got out of decent view of any houses I kicked on my flashlight - a cheap 2AA light with red suran wrap used to filter the light (don't laugh, it worked). To light allowed me to see enough infront of me to feel confortable going at high speeds, yet I felt confident I wasn't a beacon out in the middle of the field.
When I went into the middle of the field, I left it in 1st gear the whole time and had no problems navigating some of the more rockier areas. Occassionally I had to cross ditches on foot but it was no big deal.
So I figured that much would be true, so I decided to see how troublesome it would be to cross multiple fences. Since the bike was light, it was easy enough to just lift it up and set it down on the other side of a barbed wire fence. At a relaxed pace, it took 8-10 seconds to bypass a fence, making no noise.
Overall I was pleased. I had taken a few of these roads before and it had taken me far longer on foot. I had easy access to all of the ranches in the area and was able to enter the city limits quite a ways before reaching any well lit areas.
The pouch I used could also be used by any of you who like to take stuff on your ops, I really don't care if you do or don't, but it work work well for that too. On my next venture into town I'm definitely using my bike though. I feel almost stupid for not using it before...
|
|
#13
 2004-07-28, 21:23
|
Dopenhagen 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
A while back I ran into this very useful website that can be used to navigate escape routes,roads you are going to use,hide aways,danger areas and alot more. Simply type in the address and youwill have a satalite image you the target and surrounding area. This has always been vert usefull to me. I even found hiding places that I never even knew about in my neighbor hood.
Heres the link.... http://www.terraserver-usa.com/address.aspx
Post back and tell me what you think...
[This message has been edited by Dopenhagen (edited 07-28-2004).]
|
|
#14
 2004-07-28, 21:59
|
pyrozarc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
My bike had a flashlight on the handlebars How did you fix the flashlight to the handlebars? Thats a good idea but I don't have a bike light or anything, I just have a maglight. Just wondering what the best way to attach it to the handlebars is.
Dopenhagen Duck Tape!!
2004-07-28 23:29
|
|
#15
 2004-07-28, 23:41
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dopenhagen:
http://www.terraserver-usa.com/address.aspx My god...Thats all I can muster... VERY good site, and I thank you very much for that sir.
Edit: I can tell ya buddy, this is going to be a very useful tool in future planning.
c2
[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 07-28-2004).]
|
|
#16
 2004-07-29, 05:39
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeah, but it still can't match personally scouting out the area. My city's website has some aerial photographs taken during a survey of the city. Unfortunately they're like 2 or 3 years old, so a little out of date.
|
|
#17
 2004-07-29, 06:39
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was wondering, have any of you ever used pyrotechnics successfuly in the field for a
distraction/attention purpose? I'm thinking of bringing some (some whistling screamers, and large
salutes, M80's and M100's) on my next op in which all I can say is that is very soon. Thanks for
the help if you bring any. A simple yes or no will work, I haven't really had the need to use such
devices, but in the more recent ops, evasion has become a serious important part, rather than
staying hidden.
c2
[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 07-29-2004).]
|
|
#18
 2004-07-29, 16:54
|
severance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
also im a newb to night ops but very interested in them ive done about 3 before - sneaking into
old schools and stuff but i really want to start ive got all the tools i just need some expert advice,
tips and ideas for newb night ops...
PLEASE DONT FLAME ME
|
|
#19
 2004-07-29, 17:26
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by severance:
also im a newb to night ops but very interested in them ive done about 3 before - sneaking into old schools and stuff but i really want to start ive got all the tools i just need some expert advice, tips and ideas for newb night ops...
PLEASE DONT FLAME ME I think your asking what should you do next... Basically go on 1 scouting night ops, see if theres anything cool around to steal/vandalize(dont make it dumb and useless or too harsh of course )/Just fuck around with
Then once youve scouted you can get to work on those things or maybe pair up with a friend and
fuck around.
|
|
#20
 2004-07-29, 18:09
|
if you poo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by severance:
also im a newb to night ops but very interested in them ive done about 3 before - sneaking into old schools and stuff but i really want to start ive got all the tools i just need some expert advice, tips and ideas for newb night ops...
PLEASE DONT FLAME ME How big is the town/city where you live? You should go all over the city looking for cool places during the day, then go there during the night. Start near your house, and gradually go farther and farther.
I'm in the process of writing a guide on how to start night ops, so look for that soon. http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
Speaking of which, anyone here got any contributions to make? Here is all I've got so far:
Quote: quote:BASE EQUIPMENT
-A good, sturdy backback is a must. This would be for carrying stolen goods, more bulky equipment, or tools you are less likely to use.
-A waist pack/fanny pack. This would be for keeping eqipment that your more likely to use, such as a flashlight, lockpicks, marbles, or whatever.
-A good sneaking outfit. More on this later.
Ok, got your base equipment together? Good. Now, you need to compile a toolkit.
TOOLKIT
-A brain. I mean this seriously; if your going to be sneaking around, you MUST be in possession of your wits. Don't drink half a bottle of whisky before going out, for Jebus' sake! You'll probably get an adreniline rush anyway, not to mention the other chemicals your body will produce. Don't even smoke weed. Trust me, being sober will help you heaps.
-A watch. ALWAYS set a time limit, and always be aware of the time. Your watch should be able to take a good knocking around, and have a stopwatch mode.
-A flashlight. You should have a red lense on it. Red light doesn't break your natural night vision as much, and its easier to recover your natural NV from red light than white light. You should use this sparingly; remeber that other people can see your light as well. The flashlight should be small, but not tiny. It should fit well in your hand. If you can get a pair of NV goggles, the flashlight much less important. Nevertheless, you should bring a always flashlight.
-Lockpick kit. This will include a tension wrench, and one or several picks. Look to the Reference section at the bottom of this text for learning to make and use lockpicks.
-A multi-tool, with wire cutter/strippers, a large knife, a small knife, a large, medium, and small flat screwdriver, phillips screwdriver, a file, a ruler, a can opener, and a bottle opener.
-Duck tape. This is one of the most versitile tools you can get. Used to aid in breaking windows, setting traps, ect.
-Bolt cutters. The size is up to you; go with what you like. For cutting locks, chains, fences, ect.
-A mini-medkit. This should have some polysporin, and bandages. Different sizes of bandages, too. If you get any cuts off anything, treat them IMMEDIATLY. Put some polysporin on the cut, rub it in, and but a bandage on it. You don't know what kind of shit could be on whatever you cut yourself on, and it runs the risk of being infected if left un-treated and/or uncovered. Of course, I may just be really, really fucking paranoid about that kind of shit.
-Marbles. A good sized sack of them. These can be thrown to cause a distraction, or if your on concrete, you can cover the ground with them to slow up your persuit. You shouldn't need to, though.
-Waterproof matches, and a lighter. A zippo lighter is good. You should have both matches and a lighter, and the matches should ALWAYS be waterproof. And strike-anywhere, preferably.
-Wire. Picture hanging wire. Can be used with duck tape, or for things that duck tape isn't suitible for.
-Flour. It should be in its own little pouch/container. This is for if you encounter a hostile, and they are right in front of you, you can throw flour in their eyes and book it. This was a tecnique used by ninjas, so why not make use of it?
-As an addition or replacement for flour, you could take a small watergun, paint it flat black, and fill it with any kind of citrus juice. Use in the same manner as flour; get them in the eyes with it and RUN.
-Rations. Y'know, food. Candy bars work. Make it something you like. But better would be one of those power bars. The best are military C-rations. But, how easy are THOSE to find?
-A good, tasty drink. I like SoBe energy drinks. Maybe they don't have them in your area. Or you could just bring a bottle of water. Whatever works for you. Oh, and do note that rations and drinks are only important if your going to take very long. If your only gonna be outside for a hour, they are less important.
YOUR SNEAKING SUIT
This is one of the most important parts: your outfit. The less skin showing, the better. You should have:
-A mask of some sort.
-A longsleve shirt. Or you can make arm covers(see below).
-Pants.
-Shoes.
-Gloves.
The color
Dark blues and dark greys are excelent choices. The material should be light, but thin. It should make no noise when if rubs against itself.
Arm covers
These are basically socks, put on your arms. To make them, take a long, stretchy pair of socks, and a knife. Put a sock on your arm, so that your fingers are where your toes would be. Cut holes for your fingers and thumb; repeat with the other sock, on the other arm. I've taken an example picture: [url of emaple1] If you wear these, you should also still wear gloves under them.
Shoes
This is something of a debatable subject. You can go one of two ways: Wearing shoes/boots, or wearing five or six layers of socks. The socks are quieter, but the shoes/boots are more sturdy. If you want the socks to be more stiff, you can put a sole from a shoe under your foot, then put the socks over it.
Pants
Now, your pants should be baggy, but not too baggy. If the material make a noise when it rubs against itself, then its no good. Pants with alot of pockets are your freind, as you have more space to hold stuff, thus lessening the amount of stuff you need to hold in your backback.
Gloves
Ok, this is easy. You can use any pair of gloves that fit you. I prefer those stretchy kids winter gloves that don't do dick if they get wet. You can get like, two pairs for a buck at any dollar store. You want to cut holes int he very tips of the fingers, to that the tips of your fingers stick out. This is incase you need to feel the texture of something.
THANKS TO:
outsmartyouwithignorance - Suggested flour instead of sand. Its kind of long, sorry.
|
|
#21
 2004-07-29, 20:14
|
outsmartyouwithignorance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I made ast earlier that i doubt any read.but does anyone else use something besides a back pack
to carry equipment?because i use a zip binder,its flat,it carries alot and is versitile,mine holds
equipment and doubles as a chest/back guard.Also using this allows you to carry more
equipment in less space,so you're not limited to a multi-tool.
Also about the tool/equipment list I'd have to add permanent markers and allen wrenches,ya never know when you'll need them.
~pink panther~
|
|
#22
 2004-07-29, 21:02
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I posted this in Night Ops II
Mandatory Equipment-
-Flashlight, preferably with a red lense so your eyes will adjust better.
-Dark clothing, BDU's, whatever. It should match the environment you're operating in, so if you're
going downtown woodland camo probably wouldn't be the best choice. Also, it's better if your pants and your shirt match, because if there is too much contrast between them it could make you a little more noticable.
-A good pair of shoes. They can be boots if you want to climb well and need good ankle support, or shoes if you want speed and stealth. I find the most important thing is that they be a good dark color, though. Some people say you should wear multiple layers of socks instead of shoes for ultimate speed and stealth, but that's just not my bag.
-A knife
-Gloves
Optional Equipment-
-Headcover. A hat is so important I almost put it on the mandatory list. Hell, it is mandatory if you have blond hair like me. Even better would be a balaclava or ski mask.
-Binoculars. Clarity is more important than magnification at night.
-A night vision scope or goggles could be very useful. They are expensive though, and take note if you live in an urban area, some of the cheaper and lower generation scopes can be damaged by bright lights.
-Police scanners, which are, once again, on the expensive side. Scanners are simply radios that allow you to listen to police radio transmissions. If you buy a more expensive scanner, it will probably already have frequencies for major cities programmed into it. If you live in a smaller city, you'll have to get the frequencies yourself. Each police department has two very important frequencies when it comes to nighttime ops, a dispatch frequency(this is the 911 operators and shit who tell the cops where to go), and a car-to-car frequency.
Planning Your Mission-
You'll probably want to scout out your target area the day before your operation. It needs to be during daytime so you can see, so you don't want to wear something too suspicious, and you don't want to be very invasive into the target area. A hat is good to cover your appearance, and sunglasses are even better. The advantage to sunglasses is that nobody will be able to tell what you're looking at. There are several things you need to find out about your target zone...
-Fencing. If you will need to get past a fence, you'll need to check for weak areas of the fence that you can climb over. You need a way to climb in, and a way to climb out.
-Lighting, check for porch lights and possible motion sensing lights.
-If your target zone is a person's house, check for dogs in the back yard and possible signs of dogs, like chewed up tennis balls and bones.
-Check for windows with open blinds that people might be able to see you from, so you can avoid them.
-Cars. If it is a person's house, if there is a car missing at night that was there during the day, it means the people are probably out partying for the night and come home at any time.
-Hiding spots. You'll need to check for temporary hiding spots inside your target area incase someone comes outside while you're performing your mission, and check for better and more long-term hiding spots outside the target area.
-If you are going to ride your bike or drive there, you need to find a good hiding spot for your bike or inconspicuous parking spot for your car a good distance away from the target zone. If it is too close to the target zone and the cops are called on you, you'll have cops swarming around your transportation and it will be pretty hard to get to it.
Escape and Evasion-
OK, so you see a police car pull up and a cop step out. He hasn't seen you yet, so you have two options, run home, or run to a hiding spot. Whatever you choose, it will probably consist of some running. The main goal, however, is that the cop doesn't see you. When the cop leaves, it's up to you whether or not to continue with the operation. If the cop calls in for backup to look around, it's probably not a good idea to continue with your mission after they leave.
If the cop does see you, it's a completely different situation. He will probably chase after you.
-So you decide to run home. You need to lose this cop quick. Jump over fences, go through back yards. You may even want to hide for a few seconds just to get this one cop off your tail. One thing to consider while running is that you want to zig-zag your direction so when the cop calls in for backup he won't know what direction you're going so his backup can't cut you off.
-If you decide to get a good hiding spot and let things cool down before going home(or continuing with your mission), your number one goal once again is to lose the first response cop. Run like hell, and get to a hiding spot. Most criminals are stupid, so the cop won't expect you to go from running at full speed to stationary hiding. So you're in a hiding spot(this is why planning is so important, so you'll know where all the good hiding spots are), the cop just lost sight of you and he has slowed down to try and find you. One little tactic I've come up with if you're hiding from a chasing cop is to pick up a few rocks off the ground, and when the cop isn't looking in your direction throw one of the rocks at a fence away from you. The cop will hear it and think it's you accidentally banging against the fence, and he'll go check it out. This will give you the chance to get to your car or get home, get to a better hiding spot, or just plain throw the cop off if you decide to stay in your current hiding spot. When it comes to hiding spots, some of the best spots are elevated positions. Trees, and on top of houses are great, because of something I call the 3-D Hiding Theory. This theory takes into consideration that humans are naturally 2-D animals, we live on the ground. Therefore, it is unnatural for us to look for each other hiding in elevated positions. If you decide to take this approach to hiding, remember that you need to be able to get down quickly in case you are spotted, and never get on top of a house with lights on inside. If you decide to get on top of a house, always go very slowly and quietly so as not to wake the occupants.
Some cops might think you're dangerous when they see you in your ski mask and camo. If they pull their gun on you, throw your hands up in the air and scream something along the lines of "DON'T SHOOT, I'M JUST A KID!!!!", but keep running. This will hopefully keep them from shooting you or at least make them hesitate enough to let you get away.
And remember kiddies, always have an excuse if your caught. I usually have a few rolls of toilet paper in the back of my car, so if a cop catches me I can just say I was going to toilet paper someones house(I'm young enough for that to believable). And if you run into a civilian on one of your ops, have some excuse like "Hey, have you seen a dog around her? I'm looking for my lost dog."
|
|
#23
 2004-07-30, 20:23
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm reposting this in the appropriate section, because I made a new post on the BB, not knowing
this belonged in this particualr thread (what can I say, i'm fairly new to all of this). I hope bangbang wont lock it..... Also, let me make it known that this was only a hypothetical mission. Any similarities to this is pure coincidence.
A few nights ago I went out to gather intel for a new playing field for paintball. We'll call this area in question Zulu Base. Word had it that the area was monitored closely by local law enforcement, and it boosted after there was in article in the local paper about people riding ATV's and playing paintball in said location. This location was intended to be a sports arena of sorts. Funding for the arena soon ran out, and now it is derelict and abandoned.
I arrived at ZB around 2 in the morning under cloudy conditions and car lights turned off. I had worn a pair of navy blue coveralls, black ski mask, and gloves. I walked into the area with a muted flashlight and proceeded to explore the area. There was an areana for ATV's, but most of it was for paintball. I looked around for about an hour or so (keep in mind this place is FUCKING HUGE) getting used to the area and planning an escape route in the somewhat likely occasion the cops decide to show up. All over the area there were paintmarks, ammo boxes, and trash was strewn everywhere. There was nothing of value in the area except for some cinder blocks and a couple of opened refrigerated trailers with something inside (I couldn't make it out). I left about an hour later and proceeded to get my gear ready for another night op or nighttime paintball game, whichever came first.
Any tips?
|
|
#24
 2004-07-31, 01:01
|
infamous q 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Its great to finally find a message board with people who are into the same thing. Anyways, here are a few things that have suited me...
Shoes: I went to Wal MArt and bought those really cheap $7 pool shoes. Easy to slip on, not off. Lightweight, snug, quiet and has great grip on the botton. Try it.
Gloves: Also at walmart bought some great fingerless gloves with extra padding on the palms, good for climbing. Cheap, around $5.
Flashlight: (Walmart is my one stop shop, by the way) I got a nice flashlight, perfect size, for about $6. Its the size of a ballpoint pen and has a good beam. Because easily hauled items are a must, you cant carry around too much rattleing shit of something too cumbersome.
And about having people with you: I wouldn't trust anyone but my friend Kenny.
I mean, I go it alone a lot, but when I need help, I call him. He was in the Air Force and knows whats up.
So what Im saying is if you need people, keep the numbers low and only have someone you think is capable of proper expionage.
Well, thats it for now, but Ill be back later.
|
|
#25
 2004-07-31, 03:47
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
[This message has been edited by Ivoryblade (edited 10-16-2004).]
|
|
#26
 2004-07-31, 03:56
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Stick with black or Navy blue BDU's. If you go out into the country Camo might be your best bet.
Try whatever works best for your missions. You can try those beach shoes found at Wal-mart
(wear black socks with these), but if you want protection and something more sturdy, try Combat Boots.
|
|
#27
 2004-07-31, 07:39
|
infamous q 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
Question on what to wear. I live in a suburban neighborhood, and was going to try to rip off thing's in garages (car stereos and other things.) Would it be better to wear black clothing, or put on camo? My brother went through marine boot camp, and I have his camo gear from that.. or is it the wrong colors (its dark green and brown camo)?
Also, what is this multitool thing? Is it like an all-in-one tool, or those tools all bunched together in a sack or something? Multitool, like a Swiss army knife or something. Be sure to get something nice, a cheap one will be loose and might break. I saw this badass thing in target- a Swiss army card. The size of a credit card with all sorts of shit in it. Very compactl.
But then again, multitools arnt for everyone. I like them, but you should try out different things.
|
|
#28
 2004-07-31, 09:37
|
retards_ondrugs 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
some things to keep in mind
when cutting fences cut closest to the pipes to hide the fact that there is a giant gapping hole there.
bring string thats thick enough to be seen, also should match color of fence to act as a dummy fence.
duct tape is your friend hold it and never let it go. when a window has to be smashed open tape it over once and break it with a stick or your fist.
some things that might come in handy
prybars
bolt cutters (get something 18 inchs and bigger)
flashlights(head lamps are very useful when needed because of the handsfree usuage.
glass cutters are an alternative to the duct tape and smash method.
door shims can be made with a piece of tin
cut into a L shape
m-80 are useless in a night op because the main object of it is not to be seen nor heard
but if you decide to use one be advised that they are dangerous and illegal.
police scanners are often useful because of their ability to detect prowler calls and other dispatchs.
other tools i personally would advise you to use would be:
hammer and chisel
for de-hinging doors with the hinges facing towards you hole cutting dingy and cordless drill for drilling a opening. use this with a skeletonized umbrella (a technique seldom used by master criminals drill,insert into hole a, open , pull back on umbrella to open the door note this only works on door that open by pushing on a bar. rope great for bundling stuff to other things also can be used for climbing and fastroping gloves for protecting hands from sharp pointy things and for fastroping also for making sure the cops dont find your finger prints. multi tools and swiss knives are handy but not always need lock picks are only useful if you know how to use them even so they may take 15 to 10 minutes to open the lock unlike in movies. they are often timecosuming to use which makes you have a greater chance of being spotted.
when you accually do plan the heist or nightop set a time say 20 minutes in and out no more no less. take what you want not what you think you might need. greed kills. try to take only things that can fit into a bag with out making it a hinderance. cause if your running from the cops you dont want to have to jump fences carrying 30 pounds in your bag. schools are an easy target almost no alarms or security measure. motion detectors are your worst enemy if cannot be avoided crawl or walk very slowly or throw multiple sheets of paper to throw of the alarms and maybe they might turn off the motion detectors.
plan ahead always take photos make maps
steal blueprints or fire escape maps(not recommended)
when assmebling a team chose people that wont squeal on you, or backstab you preferably a non smoking indiviual who is capibal of jumping a fence or crawling thur a fairly high window.
if they have knowledge of lockpicking or have military knowledge its an instant plus.
try to keep numbers down to a min. of 2 max. 4
have each person in the group specialize in one or some areas. eg (lockpicking, cop watch, pack mule.
when you finnally do get the loot. one thing to do is to wait a month before selling it or sell it to dumb kids at your school.
or bury it near the sight of the crime so no one knows where to look.
there are two altenatives to what you can do for instance you can break in a school with a non conspicuois way and make it look like nothing was stolen which is the better of the latter. or you can smash a window quietly take what you want and vandlise the place which is more for the bold and stupid because theres a better chance of the cops caring about it and looking into it or one of your men squealing on you.
use this info with care and dont do something stupid like break into a library and steal a pencil and get caught doing it.
good luck.
|
|
#29
 2004-07-31, 20:37
|
Xj3rX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by HARDMAN:
You think your parents will here that 300 yards away? You need to stop being paranoid, parents aren't that hard to get past. Just go very slowly. Plus 3 miles to the nearest village is pretty fast when you use a bike.
not rlly
|
|
#30
 2004-07-31, 23:41
|
infamous q 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Three miles isnt that far. When I was younger and used to ride a bike, I would ride it up to Wal MArt all the time. It was 4 miles away and took less than 15 minutes at a medium pace.
|
|
#31
 2004-08-01, 01:09
|
still laughing 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
No one has mentioned a cell phone as a piece of equiptment. Good for communicating with anyone else who is going with you or in an emergency can be used to call someone outside of the team to come pick you up if you're getting chased, thought it can get you busted with the parents and will prbably piss off your friend for waking him up a 2 in the morning, it's not a bad idea.
P.S. Make sure the sound is turned off!
Edit: I like black cargo pants, plenty of pockets and dark.
[This message has been edited by still laughing (edited 08-01-2004).]
|
|
#32
 2004-08-01, 02:53
|
outsmartyouwithignorance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by retards_ondrugs:
some things to keep in mind
when cutting fences cut closest to the pipes to hide the fact that there is a giant gapping hole there.
bring string thats thick enough to be seen, also should match color of fence to act as a dummy fence.
duct tape is your friend hold it and never let it go. when a window has to be smashed open tape it over once and break it with a stick or your fist.
some things that might come in handy
prybars
bolt cutters (get something 18 inchs and bigger)
flashlights(head lamps are very useful when needed because of the handsfree usuage.
glass cutters are an alternative to the duct tape and smash method.
door shims can be made with a piece of tin
cut into a L shape
m-80 are useless in a night op because the main object of it is not to be seen nor heard
but if you decide to use one be advised that they are dangerous and illegal.
police scanners are often useful because of their ability to detect prowler calls and other dispatchs.
other tools i personally would advise you to use would be:
hammer and chisel
for de-hinging doors with the hinges facing towards you
hole cutting dingy and cordless drill
for drilling a opening.
use this with a skeletonized umbrella
(a technique seldom used by master criminals
drill,insert into hole a, open , pull back on umbrella to open the door note this only works on door that open by pushing on a bar.
rope great for bundling stuff to other things also can be used for climbing and fastroping gloves for protecting hands from sharp pointy things and for fastroping also for making sure the cops dont find your finger prints. multi tools and swiss knives are handy but not always need lock picks are only useful if you know how to use them even so they may take 15 to 10 minutes to open the lock unlike in movies. they are often timecosuming to use which makes you have a greater chance of being spotted.
when you accually do plan the heist or nightop set a time say 20 minutes in and out no more no less. take what you want not what you think you might need. greed kills. try to take only things that can fit into a bag with out making it a hinderance. cause if your running from the cops you dont want to have to jump fences carrying 30 pounds in your bag. schools are an easy target almost no alarms or security measure. motion detectors are your worst enemy if cannot be avoided crawl or walk very slowly or throw multiple sheets of paper to throw of the alarms and maybe they might turn off the motion detectors. plan ahead always take photos make maps steal blueprints or fire escape maps(not recommended) when assmebling a team chose people that wont squeal on you, or backstab you preferably a non smoking indiviual who is capibal of jumping a fence or crawling thur a fairly high window. if they have knowledge of lockpicking or have military knowledge its an instant plus. try to keep numbers down to a min. of 2 max. 4 have each person in the group specialize in one or some areas. eg (lockpicking, cop watch, pack mule.
when you finnally do get the loot. one thing to do is to wait a month before selling it or sell it to dumb kids at your school.
or bury it near the sight of the crime so no one knows where to look.
there are two altenatives to what you can do for instance you can break in a school with a non conspicuois way and make it look like nothing was stolen which is the better of the latter. or you can smash a window quietly take what you want and vandlise the place which is more for the bold and stupid because theres a better chance of the cops caring about it and looking into it or one of your men squealing on you.
use this info with care and dont do something stupid like break into a library and steal a pencil and get caught doing it.
good luck.
set a time of 20 minutes? are you insane? if you are planning a hypothetical hiest your time should be no more than 2 minnutes 30 seconds in and out.With every hypothetical job i do im in out and at base 5 miles away in 10 minutes.cops come while you're taking your 20 minutes,you're fucked.
~pink panther~
|
|
#33
 2004-08-01, 03:23
|
Dr.Gasso 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Im about to go on a nighttime op,to this old asylum about a block from my house,ill post how it
went in about an hour.
|
|
#34
 2004-08-01, 06:06
|
outsmartyouwithignorance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Kool I'd love to hear all about it.Watch out for bums and poison.
~pink panther~
|
|
#35
 2004-08-01, 06:11
|
outsmartyouwithignorance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
man,its been like 3 hours,hope the guy ok.it was probally the "poisonous bums" i forgot to
mention.damn.::kicks self::
~pink panther~
|
|
#36
 2004-08-01, 06:33
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
There's this summer house almost right across the street from me that is currently empty. I'm
thinking of trying to get in and scope it out... maybe steal some stuff (if there's anything good in
there)
|
|
#37
 2004-08-01, 09:49
|
retards_ondrugs 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
20 minutes is the time from insertion to extraction.
and no i am not clinical insane.
but thank you for copying and pasting my long useless info.
|
|
#38
 2004-08-01, 09:58
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by pyrozarc:
How did you fix the flashlight to the handlebars? Thats a good idea but I don't have a bike light or anything, I just have a maglight. Just wondering what the best way to attach it to the handlebars is.
I used zip strips and a slight amount of electrical tape since the whole set-up was temporary. It worked pretty good though.
|
|
#39
 2004-08-01, 10:25
|
Firecracker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by c2:
My god...Thats all I can muster... VERY good site, and I thank you very much for that sir.
Edit: I can tell ya buddy, this is going to be a very useful tool in future planning.
c2
naw man that sucks cock.
the pictures are 11 years outdated, not in color.
your new bestfriend will be MAPQUEST. you can zoom in hella times and the pictures are in color and its updated everyday. all you have to do is search the adress and then click the AERIAL view
[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 07-28-2004).]
|
|
#40
 2004-08-01, 10:50
|
retards_ondrugs 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
outsmartyouwithignorance
just to tell you
the worlds greatest bank heist took a couple of months and when they were done they took a whole day before leaving( it happened in france.)
compare that to 20 minutes
|
|
#41
 2004-08-01, 15:06
|
Flaccid_Antelope 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was wondering, does anyone else in here wear contacts on their night ops?
On all the night ops ive been on, by the time we get out and on the mission plan, my eyes are really tired. I ve tried eye drops, not wearing contacts until the mission, but nothing seems to work
Any advice?
|
|
#42
 2004-08-01, 16:02
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
An idea on the fence cutting argument, I like to cut the links in a vertical line, so I can push one side, pull the other and create a little gap to slip through. When you let go, they look almost normal again, no holes or odd looking silhouettes (sp?)
|
|
#43
 2004-08-01, 17:09
|
TheFallenAngel my litte 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
a leatherman/swiss army knife - I've got a cybertool swiss army knife it has everthing knives, a wrench with assorted bits and so on.
a torch - i'm currently getting one probaby gonna be a maglight, if the police uses em they gotta be good ...
black / VERY dark navy or gray clothes - try to get slightly off black colours as rarely is it pitch back outside and get combats or argos
WEBBING - this stuff rocks i've got a british pattern webbing with 2 kiddney pouches and 4 ammo pouces and its a dark olive green I can keep anything.
a weapon - i would recomend a bb gun or paintball marker not an actual firearm.
Boots or solid shoes with soft soles- for climbing, waking, running and sneaking around.
a shemag - as demonstrated in another thread.
binoculars - or a monocular go for ex-military ones and get a good pair, night vision stuff ain't aways nesesary.
goves- leave no trace, use latex although if you take em off they'll be sticky and sweaty as hell.
and thats pretty much my list, of just personal equiment. If going in groups get some radios, like cyber coms 2000 - completely hands free http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#44
 2004-08-01, 19:46
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Flaccid_Antelope:
I was wondering, does anyone else in here wear contacts on their night ops?
On all the night ops ive been on, by the time we get out and on the mission plan, my eyes are really tired. I ve tried eye drops, not wearing contacts until the mission, but nothing seems to work
Any advice? What kind of contacts do you wear? I wear regular soft contacts, I think they're Acuvue 2s, and never have any problems. Infact, I can wear them for days on end without taking them out, and I rarely have even minor irritation.
If it becomes too big of a problem, you might try chugging some tea or coffee right before going out. Make sure it's nice and strong.
|
|
#45
 2004-08-02, 04:57
|
Flaccid_Antelope 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
What kind of contacts do you wear? I wear regular soft contacts, I think they're Acuvue 2s, and never have any problems. Infact, I can wear them for days on end without taking them out, and I rarely have even minor irritation.
If it becomes too big of a problem, you might try chugging some tea or coffee right before going out. Make sure it's nice and strong.
Thanks man, that coffee thing worked wonders, in combination with replacing the 1 month + old pair i had. I just got back from the op and im madd tired, post results/summary tommorrow
|
|
#46
 2004-08-02, 10:18
|
MonkeyDrugs 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i used to go out on night-ops all the time but now i don't need to or when i do go out i make a half assed job of it. i would realy like to place tactical charges all aroung my city and have them all detonate simeltainously... yea, that would kick ass.
|
|
#47
 2004-08-02, 10:30
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
firecracker, the pictures I get ARE outdated, but they aren't 11 years old and are certainly in color.
It varies with different areas. But my finaly question is
Quote: quote::hella Why... http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif
c2
|
|
#48
 2004-08-02, 12:58
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hey as with that guy posting about how he uses webbing if he doesnt already have this i reckomend it. Get:
"H" harness(attaches to belt)
butt pack(really good for storage)
in my webbing i got:
"h" harness
butt pack(canvas, little more expensive but its good.)
2 canteens and covers(can always remove canteens and use covers for storage.)
and some ammo pouches(one for med kit)
P.S anyone thought or using electrical tape/ duct tape to make pant less baggy?
also why not add a "glow in the dark" compass
could be very valuabe.
hope this info is ok(webbing can be got from army disposal stores)
|
|
#49
 2004-08-02, 15:17
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
wolfy_9005 - i've got it all like i said 4 ammo pouches and 2 kidney pouches which you normally
put mess tins in. I've also added a holster for my magight and my cybertool. I can live off my
webbing for a day minimum. I've got the H harness straps but no bum pack, I'm thinking of
upgrading with a daysack, like a clip on backpack using the H harness for the straps.
The best make for compasess is Sliva the British Army use them.
I'm also thinking about upgrading my maglight, DIYing it so its LED, more economical and powerful.
|
|
#50
 2004-08-02, 18:01
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
At least he got caught / killed / raped doing something he believed in...
If I disappear the same way, post something funny about me.
I know someone who's going on an op tonight, he's going around 10, quite early but he knows the occupants of the doctors house are out because they are attending a party of a company my nan owns...
Post how it went sometime 11 / 12?
...
|
|
#51
 2004-08-02, 19:57
|
outsmartyouwithignorance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
All information posted is hypothetical,and happenings similar to this are purely coincidental.
A friend and I are doing a night op tonight.we're going to a car wash,drilling the lock on the token machine,and taking all the quarters and dollars.Then about7 blocks away we're gonna go to a school that being built,well just portables really,then we're gonna drill the locks on the two secluded soda machines and take soda and money.I also noticed tha tsome of the portables have brand new computers in them,not even hooked up just the tower,and they dont lock the portables,even if they do I may drill the lock and take one,but Im not sure yet.By the way both me and my friend are using power drills so all that drilling didnt seem impossible due to battery life.
I'll post how it went tonight around 4:00am florida time.
~pink panther~
|
|
#52
 2004-08-02, 20:40
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
What kind of drills do you guys recommend for night ops ? And places to get them bearing in
mind I live in the UK with a limited income.
|
|
#53
 2004-08-02, 21:16
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
My friend has just told me he is embarking on his mission in the following few hours. It is dark, so I think he's picked the right time. However, he's asked if I have any ideas on how to get out of a second story window (door is creaky, apparently) I suggested jumping but the landing is concrete. There is no ledges he can see and he would like to get back in through the window? Any stealthy ideas?
Also, do you think he should risk going over a 6 ft, approx 10ft along, pile of loose bricks, or along a wall next to his two rottweilers kennels?
Any help would be appreciated by him and me.
|
|
#54
 2004-08-02, 22:12
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The Chaos Penguin's friend has embarked on his mission. He placed some air packed folded tarp under the window and jumped, took the rock pile.
He's said to expect him back in an hour.
ChaosPenguin 2004-08-02 23:24 Obviously, the mission was aborted, so none of this happened. Of course.
This is what, ahem, would have happened...
Said nameless friend dropped out of the window, crossed rocks, taking approx. 5 minutes because rocks are navigated silently but with some loose footing this takes time.
The wall, right next to this area, is crossed with no difficulty, only 6ft, and the perimeter of the target house is breached.
Since the house was observed from the window earlier, he would have known there were no security lights, and the floodlight on his side. Free reign in almost total darkness...
A telephone pole was ascended, so far as I can work out the trees on his side stopped silhouetting being too much of a problem. He then realised he wasn't Sam Fisher and couldn't zip line into their open window.
He considered infiltrating the house itself, but it was occupied. Surveillance was maintained from the edges of the grounds until exfil.
The lesson learned? Neighbours have boring houses...
EDIT: Just wanted to say sorry for the obviously boring TRIPLE post... *bows head in shame*
[This message has been edited by ChaosPenguin (edited 08-02-2004).]
|
|
#55
 2004-08-03, 04:22
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
My version of a drill would be to find an place (abandoned, of course) similiar to the area to be
raided, and drill there for about 3 days. When you are ready, prepare your gear and commence
the operation. Having some military knowledge is very helpful.
|
|
#56
 2004-08-03, 04:25
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
EDIT: I thought you meant military drills...
*hangs head in shame*
|
|
#57
 2004-08-03, 04:31
|
outsmartyouwithignorance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Sorry guys,my mission has been cancelled due to interference from my step father. . .ok,ok,he
took the drils from me so I couldnt do my planned operation. *sigh*
~pink panther~
|
|
#58
 2004-08-03, 09:06
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
planning to do my first op/escape(from my house)sometime soon.any ideas for getting past a squeeky gate?
also you guys got any good site for how to make lockpicks??
|
|
#59
 2004-08-03, 12:51
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Jump the gate if you can, otherwise, climb it and keep all the weight to one side, especially when dismounting it.
Can't you just go over your wall or hedge?
|
|
#60
 2004-08-03, 13:20
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
yeah but its about 9 foot tall with brick walls around it......and they both have no foot holes.....well i might be able to do it in about 2 weeks.....mums going away and got my pop lookin afta me...... (planning to do an op on my old primary school.....but im gonna have to use a shovel.)
Damned Fences!!
|
|
#61
 2004-08-03, 14:17
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I know how you feel, I'm only 5'4"...
However, climbing and moving sliently are my specialties, so I'll try to help.
It is possible to run at the wall, sort of try to run up it and jump at the peak. If you lean forwards when you jump you can grab the top of the wall. I know the explanation sucks but it's the best I could do...
If you've got a bike (I hate them) you could always leave it out against the wall, come out at night and use that as a boost. That way it's not suspicious if anyone sees the bike there and thinks 'Why the fuck is my kids bike out there, he's obviously been looking at THE INTERNET *shudder* and had his mind corrupted by some intelligent, nice people with a penchant for sneaking around the place...'
Live for the present, you're going to die in the future...
|
|
#62
 2004-08-03, 15:13
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I know you gys won't think I'm serious, sane, or smart.. but when performing night ops I usually
listen to the mission impossable theme in one ear on headphones, for some reason it relaxes me
and makes me feel like I have the balls to pull it off..
|
|
#63
 2004-08-03, 15:20
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
p.s, yea i just registed 5 minutes ago but have been browsing this site for a few months, very
useful information and it seems like pretty cool people.. for the guy about mounting a flashlight to
handlebars:
If your a perfectionist like me, you'll want to make a custom set of handlebars, I did using some leftover steel tubing, I made it in such a way that I can rest my arms on it and not get tired, and push buttons to make the light go on.. if your interested I could email you a design.
|
|
#64
 2004-08-03, 16:45
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I might be new to the forum, but I've been going on ops for around a year and half, so I think I can say you ARE insane and you are not smart... if you're serious.
You won't be able to hear potential threats and compromises, and, especially if it's only in one ear, it's going to make noise no matter what you say.
It's not often someone comes out of their house, looks around and hears the Mission: Impossible theme from his roof. Noise is 'amplified' at night, remember
|
|
#65
 2004-08-03, 19:36
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wolfy_9005:
you guys got any good site for how to make lockpicks?? and how to use them
|
|
#66
 2004-08-03, 20:39
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Making lock picks and how to use them. These are the only links I have off hand. Hope they help.
c2
|
|
#67
 2004-08-04, 03:01
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was thing about sneaking around a location for recon so I can get some revenge on the bastard but he has dogs. Well I can silence my steps by duct taping a hand towel on the bottom of my shoes. But his dogs can hear the slightest thing. Anyone know where I can get a digital camera for $600 and under. I also thinking about using a bike so when I park and hide my truck when I get close to the location I can use the bike for a fast getaway to the truck. Great thing is my truck is a desert brown so it's not hard to hide it. It's also very quiet while running.
[This message has been edited by J-15 (edited 08-04-2004).]
|
|
#68
 2004-08-04, 03:14
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by outsmartyouwithignorance:
You could get a decent camera,then just get a real big lense with a long range and just take the pictures from far away,that way theres less chance of dogs hearing you. Yeah but what about it being dark. I would do it in the day but the problem is there is always someone home and they'ill most likely notice a guy with a camera
|
|
#69
 2004-08-04, 06:30
|
tTiTan182 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
My friend has a different method of lock picking. Let's call it lock prying for now.
If the door you want to get through has a crack that lets you see a bit of the bolt then take something like a pencel or that sort of thing and stick it into this crack,then use your tool to pry and push the bolt into it's unlocked position.
Use something small to keep the door from locking behind you take something and put it in between the door and where it closes. Put this object low on the floor.
Even if the door you went through locks behind you,this technique can be done on either side of the door.
|
|
#70
 2004-08-04, 09:04
|
wolfy_9005 hi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
made some lockpicks today....well.....there not quite complete but probably about 15-20 more minutes tomorrow and they should be ready for a test run.
hey thanks to everyone who has post info to help me.
|
|
#71
 2004-08-04, 11:58
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
a pretty handy tool is a rope latter, you can keep it rolled up in a book back or bundled up, and
climb to high places, you can find them at fire prevention places
|
|
#72
 2004-08-04, 23:39
|
jbob the bandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Just been on my first hypothetical night op, and nearly got caught. Bad start eh...
The plan was to run around with my BB firing shotgun and shoot peoples windows to wake them up and annoy them. So I went across some fields near my hosue, with gun, and went down a lane that led to the houses I planned to attack. I was part way down the lane when I saw a light apparoach, I assumed it was soemone with a flashlight. Whilst yet I hadn't done anything illegal taking airsoft guns around in public is illeagal in the UK, so I was pretty fucked. My options:
a) hide gun and act normal
b) run
The gun was too long to hide under my jacket and there was no convient cover so I decided to run. The light suddenly got brighter, and I looked around and was horrified to find out if was a car coming. So fuck did I run! I then ran into a field and hid behind a bush. The car parked in a nearly house and the people got out. They said something about being horrified but didn't seem too bothered and went inside. I then ran home.
I didn't have a mask so they might have got a glimpse of my face, but they don't know me,so that not a problem. Soon, when I get a mask I am planning more illegal hypothetical night ops and if I get caught on CCTV, do you think these people would recognise me from height, body build etc?
I know I'm being paranoid but shit I don't wanna get bsuted. Please don't flame, I am kinda worried. Thanx.
|
|
#73
 2004-08-05, 00:12
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
you shoulda shot out the headlights on your hypothetical mission
|
|
#74
 2004-08-05, 02:07
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You were going to shoot into people's houses? That's stupid.
|
|
#75
 2004-08-05, 02:37
|
infamous q 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Come on yall. Doesnt anybody go out on an op with a true objective in mind?
I mean, throwing rocks at people houses and kicking their mailboxes down?
I do it for pure profit. Recon, infiltration, espionage, execution (of the plan, not anybody), and extraction (of the goods).
Its cool, but youll soon want to try out bigger shit, so be careful.
Dont leave traces that youve been there, like broken shit.
Im a self learned pro, Ive been doing this for years and never been caught. See, when youre younger, its called deliquincy, but when youre 20, its called a felony.
So get away with it while you can, but remember..... theres more satisfaction in getting $$$
|
|
#76
 2004-08-05, 03:22
|
Hellz-Fury 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I use a bike too.Ive made ramp's from my backyard to some1 else's.Then I make a ramp from
they're's to mine and cover it with leave's.I can use it for fast traveling.
|
|
#77
 2004-08-05, 04:46
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I only do Night Ops for revenge. I recon an area for a night. Then the next few days I plan on how I excute my plan. Then after that I excute my plan. But remember look for escape routes and think about the area you will be operating in. Then figure out what equipment is needed
|
|
#78
 2004-08-05, 05:59
|
infamous q 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Thats cool, you got a solid objective and planned ahead. See, Im very meticulous about my work and planning ahead for any possible outcomes is the way to do it.
Epsecially escapes. They are vital as hell. You see, I park my car about a half mile away in an inconspicuous area, travel steathily on foot to the destination, do my business, and freakin jet.
I put a fake liscense plate in place of my real one just in case I need to elude someone, but I never had to make a dash for it.
|
|
#79
 2004-08-05, 06:28
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I did my first night op not too long ago and I found it vital to have visual recon info and satellite
photos of the area handy. A weapon of sorts, such as a air powered BB gun or a paintball gun is
needed for defense.
Vehicles: If you can help it, use a car if you plan on going on any long range op's, or use a bike if they are intermediate or short range missions.
Tools: First thing's first: KEEP IT MISSION ESSENTIAL. Bolt cutters, weapons, lockpicks, gloves, brains, and the like are all you need to execute a perfect night op mission.
Mission Planning: Scout the area in question for a few days, but don't blab about it to just anyone. Doing so around the wrong folks will raise unwanted trouble.
|
|
#80
 2004-08-05, 09:12
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hey whats the best way to sell things without the risk of being caught?
|
|
#81
 2004-08-05, 13:16
|
jbob the bandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The gun is not powerful enough to break things, it just makes a loud noise. Seriously, if these people saw me masked on CCTV footage could they recognise me? There are only a about quarter of a mile away from where I live so they would bust me. Am I being way to paranoid? (Please don't flame)
|
|
#82
 2004-08-05, 13:33
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You are being more paranoid than me jbob the bandit, they won't give a shit BB shotgunning
windows, no damage to them, no profit in even trying to procecute your arse. And the chances
even if they did catch a look of your face they will have forgotten it by this morning.
Where do you I've btw ? just incase we were to hypotheticay meet up you know ... http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
and carrying around BB guns is not illegal in the UK only loaded I've carried around some strange shit without weird looks.
|
|
#83
 2004-08-05, 14:43
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
None of this really happened, it's all hypothetical.
Recently, my friends and I went on a night op. I was suprised how easy it was to go house to house, seeing if cars were unlocked. We got into about 20 or so cars, but many had absolutely nothing worth value in them. Well, from what we saw (my friend wouldn't look in the trunk... he said that it wouldn't be worth it...) We did acquire 2 car stereo's though. Some shitty Jensen one, and a Panasonic. Both worth around $100 each max. Any idea's on where to check in a car for valuables? We looked in the glove box, ashtray, that tray by the shifter, backseat, under seats, and the overhead light blocker things.
Also, does anyone know of an easy way to siphon gas from a car? My friend and I bought a gas siphon from Walmart, but it doesnt work. Either it isn't making it to the gas tank every time, or because it sat curled up for a long time, it keeps bending back when it gets there. Any easy ways to make one or places to get one?
|
|
#84
 2004-08-05, 14:54
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ashtray is probably the best choice for change, and then the electronics.. check under the arm rest and in the glove compartment too, behind the back seats if you can, its an easy way to access the trunk.. you can find that in neons
For siphening I just use my mouth, a bucket, and a tube.. and do it the old fashioned way, you can carry bottled water to spit it o ut too
|
|
#85
 2004-08-05, 15:02
|
jbob the bandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I live in Wales, about half an hour from Chester and the english border.
|
|
#86
 2004-08-05, 16:55
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Swansea... Sketty, to be precise. How long d'you think that is from yours?
|
|
#87
 2004-08-05, 17:44
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You people are like the closest to me, IN SOUTH LONDON ! http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
It really pisses me off that.
|
|
#88
 2004-08-05, 19:36
|
jbob the bandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ChaosPenguin, I think Sketty is quite a few hours from Chester, I'll find an map and work it out. On that note I'm looking for a night ops team. All the people I know are too pusssy to do anything remotely illegal. So if there is anyone around North Wales/england border who wants to help me hyothetically destroy a pissy welsh shithole village full of assholes, I'm always here!
|
|
#89
 2004-08-05, 19:42
|
kninja 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ive never gone on a night op,but i might tomorrow night,what should i do?i dont think i will be going into any buildings or anything ,just practice being stealthy,and maybe hide behind a house or something,i will bring a flashlight with a red filter,i have all the clothing needed except black shoes/socks,i have alot of black/grey shirts though,and was thinking of using those to make that.
|
|
#90
 2004-08-05, 20:17
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well my next Night Ops won't be for a while part of it is because the area I'm operating in will be watched by my target for a while. No I didn't blab. The guy gets a paranoia thing for a while but it will blow away. This guy is wierd saying that he's gonna catch a demon in his yard. He'ill give up soon. Then I will be able to excute my plan. I have sources that live in the area that will tell me when he's quit
|
|
#91
 2004-08-05, 20:18
|
Nox Ignus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i am suprised no one has brought up the point that you can break a window with a spark plug and
make no sound except fot the glass hitting the floor, it can work wonders because its quicker than
the ducktape method...
|
|
#92
 2004-08-05, 23:14
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nox Ignus:
i am suprised no one has brought up the point that you can break a window with a spark plug and make no sound except fot the glass hitting the floor, it can work wonders because its quicker than the ducktape method... The fact is, a shattered window makes noise, no matter how it got shattered. What determines how much noise is made is how much force is applied and how big the object used is.
Almost invariably, the larger and/or slower the object, the more noise it makes. The absolute best way I've seen to break a window is to put a lead pellet through it with a slingshot.
TheFallenAngel
2004-08-05 23:39
I would think that the best way to break a window would be to make up a shaped frame of
thermite it'll be bright but I'm guessing the glass would just melt away, although thats only my
theory.
|
|
#93
 2004-08-06, 02:24
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
beer.. exciting, and about the windows, you can hold them while you cut one out.. to prevent
shatter.. like im mission impossable 2
|
|
#94
 2004-08-06, 07:26
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I have a slight problem, I want to go on missions but its just not dark enough, theres street lamps on 24/7 and in peoples backyard if someone looks from their window they will see me even if im ALL in black... I want to go backyard shopping though!
|
|
#95
 2004-08-06, 08:24
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
lol i hate those street lights.....back streets are not that bad but i have to use the "main" road to get to targets......if not just shoot the lights with something powerful.
P.S:try using shadows.....they always are a friend to an opper.
|
|
#96
 2004-08-06, 10:00
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If you look at the matainence covers on the lamppost there should be a method of removing
them. Ours have a small circular hole with a triangular thing which when turned will unlock it. I've
made a bit of scrap Aluminium as a key so now I can open them and turn them off when I want ...
|
|
#97
 2004-08-06, 10:10
|
aTribeCalledSean 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by c2:
A bike is a good sure-fire way to increase your operational range. Currently me and my crew have a range of about 1.5 to 2 miles on foot. Twice that on bike.
c2 I see you live in northern oregon. That wouldn't Portland would it? Where do you live bro?
|
|
#98
 2004-08-06, 11:43
|
Hellz-Fury 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by A-dam:
I have a slight problem, I want to go on missions but its just not dark enough, theres street lamps on 24/7 and in peoples backyard if someone looks from their window they will see me even if im ALL in black... I want to go backyard shopping though! Get a powerful bbgun thats silenced and shoot out all the lights you can.First rumbage a lil in the backyard of the
house you'll be at then move to the back
door and if it ant open goto a car.Start tunk,backseat,frontseat then gogogo.
|
|
#99
 2004-08-06, 12:10
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by aTribeCalledSean:
I see you live in northern oregon. That wouldn't Portland would it? Where do you live bro?
I live a few miles outside Portland, I'm in Gresham. AIM is in the profile.
c2
|
|
#100
 2004-08-06, 13:46
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I din't expect anyone to read it, but it's like 4 in the morning , and I need to kill some time. Just
skip it if you aren't interested.
Team size: 2
Transportation methods: Bike and foot.
Risk of being seen: High.
Risk of being captured: Medium.
Operation objectives: (Primary)Objective #1: Obtain various or any strain of hallucinogenic mushroom. (Primary)Objective #2: Do not get captured. (Primary)Objective #3: Search horse field for any hallucinogenic mushroom. Objective #4: Find or make a suitable efficient way into the cow field that does NOT require crossing a stream. Objective #5: Search cow field for any hallucinogenic mushroom, time permitting.
Gear:
Memeber 1:
(1) Black long sleeve, thumb holes cut in.
(1) Pair black zip-off pants.
(1) Pair Tactical boots.
(1) Pair gloves.
(1) 4 inch, half serated Gator blade.
(1) Small binoculars.
(1) Operations bag.
(4) Zip-lock bags.
(1) Bike lock.
(1) Bike.
(2) 24 oz Sports water bottle.
Member 2:
(1) Navy blue BDU jacket.
(1) Pair long dark pants.
(1) Pair fingerless climbing gloves.
(1) Pair Tactical jungle boots.
(1) Bike.
Times-
Start time: 2300.
Projected finish time: 0200.
Deadline: 0400.
Report-
It started with my friend and I deciding to go shroom hunting. Of course the only way to get thre was through some very uncomfortable urban areas, with the occasional undercover or black and white patrolling. I live on a large hill, so getting down was easy. we got onto a back trail that is deserted at night (obviously), we stopped, hid the bikes behind some bushes, chained them up and geared up. We have to change near the op location so we can travel freely without much suspicion other than our bags. We went to check a horse field first (not sure wether shrooms growed only on Cow poo, or on horse poo as well.Well, it was only by the time we got there, I realized that everything was WAY too wet still, and the shrooms, if any, wouldnt have had a chance to grow. So after we had crawled over the electrical fence, found the enviroment unsuitable for the shrroms, and back over the fence again. We decided to make it a training op. We had only brought the essential gear, and not much else. 2 water bottles, and that was all we had. We decided to head for the cow field to try to establish a trail to there, for fast, easy entry later. What a ride. We made it up a closed street, stopping at a turn right behind a road block, as a deer decided to stand just far away enough so we couldnt see it. A car begins creeping up slowly from the blind side of our position, and I say "Hold postition." We hold. The guy drives up, so his headlights are right in our faces, BOM! There went our night vision. I say "Pull out!" and we pull back, fulsprint behind the roadblock. I said "Weapons at the ready" and we pulled out our knifes. No one followed. We decided to immediately go asess the situation, to see if he was contacting the authorities, if he was, it would have ben aborted. By now the driver has the car parked towards the road block head on, illuminating the street for as far as it can. The street was hillish enough going down we could lay prone, watching them, right below the light beams. They looked for about 30 seconds, got into their car, and drove off. We decided to traverse a small hill next to the road we were on, giving us a full view of the street. We silently crept through it, and made the top of the hill, where the FULL turn was visible, including the 2 stoplights at either end. The nearby pub was unusually busy, and traffic was heavy. We crossed the street onto a hidden side trail that led to a pumping station, 30 yards from the extremely lit up street. Surprsingly, there were cars evry few seconds, so getting to, and across the street would be a challenge. We waited for a lapse in trafic, and made a dash through the field lit up like it was day time. We hid at the base of the street, since the ground sloped up high enough for someone to hide at the base undected. Arial photos showed that in order to get to the cow field avoiding the stream that zig zagged all across the field, we would have to follow the tree line around, or go straight through the woods. We could'nt see what the ground floor of the forest looked like, so we opted to circle around. We made it across the street at the next gap. Then jumped the fence and charged into the darkness during the next gap. We silently made our way across the field, seeing as we had about 1-2 miles to cover on land before we hit the tree line we were to follow. We made it through the wet field of tall grass quickly and effeciently. Unexpectedly, we hit a recently built residential neighborhood. We decided to stick inside the field and go behind the back, since the grass was taller than me anyway (over 6 feet). We however, soon moved closer to the houses since the punishing grass was too soaked, and the blackberry/sticker bushes too numerous no navigate.
We made it past the last house after deciding not to run through the well lit street. We made it past the street and soon after entering the grass again hit blackberry bush. With no other way around it, we stepped and kicked it down to go through. We travelled for another minute through more soaking wet grass. We then again, hit more blackberry. My op buddy picked up a wooden, thick stick, and began beating the blackberry. Looking with the flashlight straight ahead revealed at least 30 more feet of blackberry bush. I however looked to the left, in under the tree line, to see a clearing. We started working towards that. We made the clearing after about 20 minutes of searching for a different ruote, then beating blackberry bush. The clearing in fact turned out to be a trail. We followed it towards the cow field, occasionally searching a side path we believedwould take us to the cow field. again and again we searched thepaths, and again adn again we were forced to beat through blackberry bush until we decided to find a better way. We moved down the trail to find a promising ruote, heavily clad in blackberry bush, we decided to go through it since it was only about 30 fet or so to the cow field. I later went further left and found a very weak plant i could simply walk through. We were now about 15-20 feet from the blackberry bush while I decided to chack the watch. 0140! It would be a VERY long and strenous bike ride home We continued until 0145, before we finally pulled out to explore the path another day. We followed the trail back to our original entrance. Already bleeding all over our arms and legs from the work and the blackberries lshing back, we decided to follow the trail in hope of it taking us into the neighborhood we passed earlier. We followed it and came to a few very promising side trail that we though would lead us to back yards, yet we alwasy ended up with black berry bush. We finally got a large stick, which my op buddy would throw on the black berry, then begin walking up it to tear and bring the bushes down. This continued until about 0220. I finally took a look. With a dog on the other side of the bushes, unknown length of bush to go, both of us exhausted and bleeding, I decided to pull out and head back the same way we came. We ran the entire way, across the trail, through the blackberry, through the soaking wet grass, through more blackberryy until we finally reached the newly built neighborhood. We looked at the grass behind the houses, and at the street in front of us. We gave a burst of energy and sprinted across the treets into another field, which was thankfuly dark. We finally busted open, and killed one of the water bottles. We ran back and hid on the slope on the side of the road again. We ran across the street, and kept runing until we made it to the place the bikes were locked up. we de-geared. We were de-geared and ready to set out at 0300. We started biking towards our homes. I had to leave the gear with my friend (who doesnt have to bike up the big ass hill) sine it would be hard enough to explain to police what I was doing out at 3 in the morning. We parted ways, and I was left to take the huge hill, and 1.5 mile uphill ride home. With the deadline almost up soon, I pushed hard up the hill and home. I made it home at 0338. I still have community service today in about... 3 hours. Battered and bruised, and completely exhausted, I have no choice but to go.
Mission objectives. Objective #1: Failed. Objective #2: Completed. Objective #3: Completed. Objective #4: Completed. Objective #5: Failed.
Casualties: 0
Injuries: Minor scratches, pulled muscles, and sore muscles.
Operation status: Failed.
Final note: This was if not one of the most physically and mentally demanding Op's I've done. Though it may not sound like much written down. Everything hurts like hell.
c2
|
|
#101
 2004-08-06, 14:27
|
AsylumSeaker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I have some tips for night ops if people havent heard them already:
Use the railway tracks as transport across town. Countless times my group would use the tracks to get safe access quickly across a reasonably far distance. Not only are their no cops on railway
tracks, but they go strait in one direction so you can get from A to B without hassle. Provided the target location is at the other end of the tracks..
Also a problem I face regularly is crossing rivers in town. Bridges are a death trap if there are people looking for you and they find you in the middle of a bridge. Crossing the train bridge is scary sometimes, the one here has pretty old rotting boards. And there is the constant thought in your mind of what to do if a train comes. And there are no lights on the bridge either so it really sucks at night.
BB guns and sling shots are never that reliable. Dont put to much trust in them. And dont forget that a projectile hitting an object at that speed can be pretty loud.
I dont like taking bikes on missions. And never cars. They are a liability. Anything too big to carry is a liability.
Utilise fields and paddocks if you live near them. Going the long way around through a paddock is worth it. Even if the ground is soaked and you get all wet.
You can find useful gear all over the place.
For example: I was once short cutting through a place which sells tractors and crap, and i found a length of chain with an open padlock on it. I forget what i used it for but im sure it was good.
Look for stuff everywhere.
Black is not invisible. Grey is much closer. If you have pure black clothes then you will seem darker than your surroundings. Grey is good because at night you cant really tell what colour things are, they are all just greyish. So you will blend in really well. Black will stand out sometimes.
If you have explosives and want to let them off, do it before the mission. I always use any of my pyro devices somewhere before i start the mission. If you think you can take them with you to let them off in some cool place or to damage something, then you will probably never get around to it or never have the opportunity, and then you will have unused explosives sitting around. Its happened to me heaps, now i dont bother.
Just because something looks sturdy doesnt mean it is. Example: This one time we were seeking shelter while on a mission because it suddenly begain pouring rain. So we ran into this show ground where they have car races and cattle shows and crap, and we found this shed like building which is where people buy food and eat normally. It had this big metal gate as the door and we just sort of lifted it and barged it at the same time and it came off easily.
I will now tell you the rest of the story of this night.
As I said, we were seeking shelter from the rain, it was absolutley pouring. So we managed to break into this kiosk building thing. The noise of the rain on the tin roof was deafening. We had to yell to hear each other. Think of all the things you can do on a ruckus if you could make all the noise you want. Well thats what we did. We trashed that bogan place. They had so many cans of coke and stuff that we couldnt carry them. We opened a bunch of em, took one swig, and chucked em. We really went to town. Normally we are all 'dont destroy stuff for no reason its bad', but that all goes out the window when you have free reign to do what you want. We poored bbq sauce all over the place. There were a bunch of big containers of vegetable oil up the back. We poured alot of it over the place and the rest into this freezer. It was fun to watch the bottom of the freezer fill up with about 10 cms of oil. I have no idea how they cleaned that up. It was a big freezer, weighed a ton. Then we found a whole heap of eggs in the fridge. We threw them all at stuff. Then we threw some cans of pepsi max at the wall. That stuff is explosive! Ive never seen
soft drink cans go off like that. Then we poored garbage everywhere. We were there a good hour and a half before the rain calmed down. Then we made off with as much soft drink and stuff as we could carry.
It was a good night.
Fuck that post was long.
oh yeah,
MOLOTOV EVERYTHING!
|
|
#102
 2004-08-06, 18:43
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by AsylumSeaker:
I dont like taking bikes on missions. And never cars. They are a liability. Anything too big to carry is a liability.
You just gotta know how to use them. My trucks a desert color so it's pretty much camoflouged in my town. If you hide them right like park them on a trail you made to get your target. Plus my trucks as quiet as a mouse.
|
|
#103
 2004-08-06, 20:04
|
AsylumSeaker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeah but if you get caught in your car you're pretty much fucked. high speed chases mostly fail and you cant really abandon you car and make a run for it becaus they will work out who owns the car and come after you. And if you suddenly need to change your escape route but you cant because you need to go back for you car then you have a problem.
Basicly I dont think its a good idea to take anything which you arent willing to abandon, and also nothing which is tracable to you.
|
|
#104
 2004-08-06, 20:46
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Asy, no police chases work, high speed or low.. didn't you ever see OJ? Anyway.. I agree, would
it be of consideration to use a small plane?
|
|
#105
 2004-08-06, 21:45
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by AsylumSeaker:
Yeah but if you get caught in your car you're pretty much fucked. high speed chases mostly fail and you cant really abandon you car and make a run for it becaus they will work out who owns the car and come after you. And if you suddenly need to change your escape route but you cant because you need to go back for you car then you have a problem.
Basicly I dont think its a good idea to take anything which you arent willing to abandon, and also nothing which is tracable to you. Yeah but I operate when the cops don't. After 2:30 AM they are know cops. I have a police scanner just in case. Plus the cops where I live are too damn lazy to leave Denny's just for vandals. Plus the cops don't go I out of town and the county sheriffs vehicles can't go as far where I operate. I go on the dirt roads where they are on Private Property. So the Police can't arrest me on Private Property. Unless your commiting a real serious crime like murder. Thats a law in Arizona.
[This message has been edited by J-15 (edited 08-06-2004).]
|
|
#106
 2004-08-06, 22:42
|
navyseals101 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
OK, now that we no how to be stealthy ect... What are you actually going to do on a night op besides get a good workout?
|
|
#107
 2004-08-06, 22:56
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by navyseals101:
OK, now that we no how to be stealthy ect... What are you actually going to do on a night op besides get a good workout? Depends on what type of person you are. You can steal things from cars, garages, sheds, schools, buildings, houses... anything. You could spy on someone and get blackmail http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif, you could sneak around just for the hell of it and the adrenaline rush, you could do anything you wanted really (within reason, your not god... or w/e thing/person other people believe in)
|
|
#108
 2004-08-07, 00:41
|
Xj3rX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ic...new schools that are just being built is a good place to hit right?
|
|
#109
 2004-08-07, 01:54
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by navyseals101:
OK, now that we no how to be stealthy ect... What are you actually going to do on a night op besides get a good workout? Who says nobody has a specific mission? I night-op for 3 different reasons:
1. Adventure
2. Profit
3. Information
|
|
#110
 2004-08-07, 02:04
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
yeah new schools are the best.some older schools are also good because they have had more time to get money for computers,projectors,laptops,dvd players etc
|
|
#111
 2004-08-07, 09:24
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hmm Iwant to start for profit ive done a few normal exploring and what not, as a real "noob" as they say, where should I start for profit that isnt all that hard?
|
|
#112
 2004-08-07, 12:02
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
tonight I'm doing a mission, hypothetically, at the tech school.. my objectives are
1: Don't get caught.
2: Get a desktop CNC mill.
3. Get home.
I'll tell you how it went tomorrow..
|
|
#113
 2004-08-07, 12:30
|
Skwid 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
[b]Any idea's on where to check in a car for valuables? We looked in the glove box, ashtray, that tray by the shifter, backseat, under seats, and the overhead light blocker things.[b] In new Citreon cars, they have two hidden conpartments in back. They are under the carpets were ur feet go (sorry I have no idea what that bit is called). I guess a lot of ppl would use these hidden places to put stuff like DVD players, or other expensive stuff.
Hope that helps
Skwid
|
|
#114
 2004-08-08, 20:11
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
A small problem...
It's possible that the house on the grounds my friend entered could be infiltrated quite easily, and he's going to go in again, or so he says. The only problem is, it would NEED two operatives.
The second operative is my cousin. He's been going to army cadets for around a year and a half now, he has some good theoretical tactical knowledge. The problem is, he has no experience with urban operations, and while he has a very good mind for this sort of thing (he specialises in recon in cadets) he's not always too serious, and is a coward when he's worried about himself, not to mention arrogant.
He is, however, the only person my mate could find who would be able and willing to engage in this operation. Is he too big a liability though, do you think? The op is a standard espionage mission, infiltrate the perimeter, proceed to house, make way to roof of house, enter house and attempt to map interior, exfiltrate.
Would he be able to do this properly?
|
|
#115
 2004-08-08, 20:46
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ChaosPenguin:
A small problem...
It's possible that the house on the grounds my friend entered could be infiltrated quite easily, and he's going to go in again, or so he says. The only problem is, it would NEED two operatives.
The second operative is my cousin. He's been going to army cadets for around a year and a half now, he has some good theoretical tactical knowledge. The problem is, he has no experience with urban operations, and while he has a very good mind for this sort of thing (he specialises in recon in cadets) he's not always too serious, and is a coward when he's worried about himself, not to mention arrogant.
He is, however, the only person my mate could find who would be able and willing to engage in
this operation. Is he too big a liability though, do you think? The op is a standard espionage mission, infiltrate the perimeter, proceed to house, make way to roof of house, enter house and attempt to map interior, exfiltrate.
Would he be able to do this properly? DROP HIS ASS FROM YOUR OP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If he's not sure of himself, he's not only a liability to your op, but to you as well.
|
|
#116
 2004-08-08, 21:04
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
It went without a problem,
|
|
#117
 2004-08-08, 21:28
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
On a side note, if yo need a good cover device to mke a getaway from a night op, go here
http://www.tacticalfunhouse.com/index.php?category=Smoke%20Devices%20and%20Flares& subcategory=Flares
|
|
#118
 2004-08-08, 22:00
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ejeit ! Those are proper rescue fares ...
you'll get a semi-bright light a red hot flare and some smoke. You'll stand out like a fool, they'll make it lighter for about 10-20 mins so people can see you better ...
If you weant something to cover your escape try these http://www.hfmgroup.com/professional...sandfuses.html
A loud bang and very bright flash lasting miliseconds, disorientate your opponant and completely ruin their nightvision. or maybe just the military smoke grenades for �20 each ...http://www.hfmgroup.com/professionalsupplies/grenadesandtripwires.html - they're in the middle.
|
|
#119
 2004-08-08, 22:09
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm glad you posted that, however, I live in the US, and converting British Pound Sterlings over to
the US Dollar can be a bitch.
BTW, those are smoke flares. It's exactly what I had in mind to buy, along with the rocket flares, another fun toy.....
|
|
#120
 2004-08-08, 22:12
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheFallenAngel:
ejeit ! Those are proper rescue fares ...
you'll get a semi-bright light a red hot flare and some smoke. You'll stand out like a fool, they'll make it lighter for about 10-20 mins so people can see you better ...
If you weant something to cover your escape try these http://www.hfmgroup.com/professional...sandfuses.html
A loud bang and very bright flash lasting miliseconds, disorientate your opponant and completely ruin their nightvision. or maybe just the military smoke grenades for �20 each ...http://www.hfmgroup.com/professionalsupplies/grenadesandtripwires.html - they're in the middle. If you're hardcore, you'll order these :
http://survivalops.com/tanneriteSirenRocket.wmv
[This message has been edited by invictus (edited 08-08-2004).]
|
|
#121
 2004-08-09, 13:54
|
vks24 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
For all you UK people, use- http://www.multimap.co.uk
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#122
 2004-08-09, 18:26
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
How many of you have explored the storm drains in your area? How do you get a manhole cover open?
|
|
#123
 2004-08-09, 20:18
|
acid_burn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Run Screaming:
How many of you have explored the storm drains in your area? How do you get a manhole cover open? i have done it, just get a piece of re-bar (spelling?) or a stick. it sucked down there...stinky, slimy, wet, but it was really interesting and everyone should try it once.
|
|
#124
 2004-08-09, 22:29
|
Noriyuke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
How Noisy will a person be if they walked on the roof of a house? imm do some testing but i
would like to know.
|
|
#125
 2004-08-09, 23:00
|
and.the.cradle.will.rock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
prolly pretty noisy if u r careless, but if your careful and dont slip or anything, it should be kinda quiet. but i still wouldnt risk walking over any bedrooms
|
|
#126
 2004-08-09, 23:14
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok... this is the op SWIM plans to do tommorow night maybe. ive posted this before but ive never had the balls to do it...being so close to home and all. the op site is litterally half a mile from my house...in a small village.
the plan is this:
travel on foot to op site
jump river that makes up 1 boundary of property..im not sure about getting back over it but i will check it out tommorow morning.
travel the 30 yards to a 5ft high wall surrounded area and climb over wall. again, to get back over i may have to take a rope as it is about 7ft high on the inside.
explore inside of walled area
follow same route to get out.
i am considering taking a small ladder to get over the river and wall. what do you all think? i will email a shitty arial photo to anyone who asks.
|
|
#127
 2004-08-09, 23:55
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
you just want to look around?
|
|
#128
 2004-08-10, 05:14
|
cenoxide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hey all, i'm currently selftraining myself in pretty much everything usefull when breaking in, got a
question;
Do anyone ever use thermite for breaking locks open? i'v learned how to make it now and all, havnt used it for anything in particular though, the gigantic flash is a big minus with it tho, but it does at least do the job.
you guys know that you make your own smoke grenade if you don't can buy a military one; saltpeter and sugar, ring a bell?
/cenox
|
|
#129
 2004-08-10, 05:57
|
the_herber 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
me and a friend were on out one night and we saw a shed. it had a lock and niether of us know how to pick a lock, is there any othere way to cut it off or cut the metal around the lock off so i can get in it, with out makin all that noise. thx
|
|
#130
 2004-08-10, 06:08
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by the_herber:
me and a friend were on out one night and we saw a shed. it had a lock and niether of us know how to pick a lock, is there any othere way to cut it off or cut the metal around the lock off so i can get in it, with out makin all that noise. thx Get some 18" bolt cutters and muscles. Look, no lock now~!
|
|
#131
 2004-08-10, 06:19
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
me and a friend did night ops just last night, my second mission, and it went smoothly with a few minor flaws.
Mission, backyard/shed shopping, I live in a town where prob only 65% of the houses have garages, so we went to the poorer (not too poor, nice houses but no garages) and when they don't have garages they have sheds. we did a whole street every house it all went perfectly, I noticed that the first houses was making me a little nervous, but got through to em and I instantly got used to it, we did the whole street until the final house, the shed was open went in there and all I stole was a lighter lol (the ones with the long nose for BBqs :P) walking out theres a house in front of it with NO lights, wow perfect place, so I look for motion detector lights as usual, saw nothing... then as we are creeping along the side I look up I see 2 red dots appear then 3 second later a HUGE light is right on us, we ran the whole street turned and into a park, waited and we were safe. Then did a few houses and only 5 streets away ( parallel, meaning that on the same street on the left u can go to my house or this one) another light catches us so we zigzagged away and crept around to my house.
In the end we came out with a lighter and an old antique looking lamp thingy... :P, but this mission really was a good basis and gave me a start of how to be stealthy about.
tomorrow we are doing my friend's neighbourhood (richer :P). Will post on what happens.
Apart from Sheds and backyards what other amateur work is good? (for profit or finding random fun/cool things u can steal)
|
|
#132
 2004-08-10, 12:52
|
7.62x39 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Im thinking of night oping my school one day.....i could ride my bike down there late at night, but the problem is, i have NO idea on what to do, like vandalism, ect....any help?
|
|
#133
 2004-08-10, 15:29
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 7.62x39:
Im thinking of night oping my school one day.....i could ride my bike down there late at night, but the problem is, i have NO idea on what to do, like vandalism, ect....any help? If your sure that there isn't an alarm system on the school, you could try to steal the computers, or parts of them. I would go for hard drives, video cards (if not build into motherboard), or RAM sticks. Or, you could just go down and break down a door and find someplace to hideout to see if anyone comes. If no one does, go have fun!
Quote: quote:Originally posted by A-dam:
Apart from Sheds and backyards what other amateur work is good? (for profit or finding random fun/cool things u can steal) Try opening cars that don't have alarms. You could find stereos, wallets, cell phones, purses, random junk, alcohol (found bud light recently!), cigarrettes.
|
|
#134
 2004-08-11, 03:14
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
For some reason, people think that when behind their front doors they are safe. You'd be suprised how many people believe their garden fences are an impenetrable barrier with seismic detectors, with more pressure pads on the lip in case anyone climbs it by hand and... I hope you understand. People think their back gardens (yards, for Americans, sorry...) are thief proof. Because of this, people tend to leave their back doors unlocked for some strange reason... perhaps it's just that I live in Sketty in Swansea, a nice place with less deaths by natural causes in a year than drive bys in London per day...
Anyway, if you can get into a house, first place to look is front room, obviously. Kitchen is good, silverware and such, garages, if possible, usually have some tools you could even use on future ops. Childrens bedrooms are more likely to have expensove stuff than adults.
And now... it's all theory, I'm not actually a thief, just an infil man with a penchant for espionage. Still, same principles apply I believe.
|
|
#135
 2004-08-11, 03:17
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I know people have said to shoot out windows and break them with little or no noise involved, but
has anyone in here ever considered using glass cutters?
|
|
#136
 2004-08-11, 05:10
|
and.the.cradle.will.rock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
^^^do u mean the kind people use to cut stained glass windows? my parents make stained glass art as a hobby and ive made it with them. if you do it right, there should be a slight tearing sound as you make the score mark, and then (if you dont break the glass in the process) it should simply break into pieces. this works awesome and is much quieter than other methods
[This message has been edited by and.the.cradle.will.rock (edited 08-11-2004).]
|
|
#137
 2004-08-11, 08:35
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by 7.62x39:
Im thinking of night oping my school one day.....i could ride my bike down there late at night, but the problem is, i have NO idea on what to do, like vandalism, ect....any help?
if your school got a lab why not raid it for chemicals(especially the one for bomb making etc.) otherwise like a guy said earlier just takethe computers.
|
|
#138
 2004-08-11, 12:49
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Go especially for pottasium nitrate, hydrochloric acid, phosphurus powders are always fun, ethanol, and anything with the flammable or oxidising symbol on it. BB can tell you what to do with them, or anything else you might need...
If they don't have a lab, and I really doubt that, I read that you can cover grass in salt and it all dies, write someones name or something. Ummmmm... you could take a look at the CCTV monitoring post, see how that works (are the cameras on rotation, are they all on all the time, what's the field of view of the most important cameras, are they even on [not in my school, worst deterrebt ever ...])
I'm not really too sure, I'm not into vandalism or any kind of sign of intrusion but fuck it, hope you enjoy and destroy anything you feel like, spray fire extinguishers in the corridoors, smash the windows of your worst teachers class room and burn his desk... do whatever you like.
|
|
#139
 2004-08-11, 13:58
|
joeybagz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Has anybody discussed the factor of scents being left behind for k-9's to find You?A friend of
mine just went to prision cuz the cops tracked him to the house he was at.
|
|
#140
 2004-08-11, 16:26
|
blinky04 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
has anyone noticed how sneaking around in night ops isnt any fun is no-ones looking for you and
the night time is as bright as day with those damn street lights?
|
|
#141
 2004-08-11, 17:26
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Of course no one's looking for you, no one's meant to know you're there. That's usually the whole point, if they're looking, you've either failed your mission or are in danger of doing so. If you want higher risks, go break into a patrolled complex, which is fun, or take 50 milligrams of prozac and see whether the result is death or autism.
|
|
#142
 2004-08-11, 18:23
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Theoretically http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif people tend to leave their back doors unlocked, particularly sliding glass picture windows. Many, many burglaries succeed because of this.
|
|
#143
 2004-08-11, 18:58
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
^ this point has already been made, only a few posts ago.
Anyway, I will be gone for 7 weeks, not that I'm known enough for anyone to care, but this brings great opportunities for operations. On the way back home I will be stopping and changing trains at Victoria and Paddington stations, I've been doing so for three years every school holiday, but this time I am going to have a look to see how someone could possibly penetrate security. Last time I had my hand on an unloaded replica 92FS all the way through the tube.
Once home, my posts will be rare, I hope someone misses me. Back in 7 weeks.
|
|
#144
 2004-08-12, 04:33
|
whitemonkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if you have blood hounds chasing you you can cover your tracks by spraeding around cocaine,it is a little expensive tho.
|
|
#145
 2004-08-13, 05:54
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
quote:Originally posted by whitemonkey:
if you have blood hounds chasing you you can cover your tracks by spraeding around cocaine,it is a little expensive tho. That's not a very brilliant idea. For one, the chances of it working are slim to none. Second, if you get caught, not only will you be busted for B&E or whatever and evading police, but for possession of narcotics as well.
|
|
#146
 2004-08-13, 13:49
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
so i�m going out tomorrow night.
tools:
crowbar just bought it =)
flat screwdriver
knife
red glass flash light
and black clothes
anything else I need ..ps. this is the first time
[This message has been edited by -Imp (edited 08-13-2004).]
|
|
#147
 2004-08-13, 19:40
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Assorted sizes of screw drivers, a baf, and some water depending on how far your travelling. I
normally carry 2 for each team member, we also stay out nearly all night. Every situation is
different, go into the field, then make a note of what tool you used/needed and which you didn't
use/need, only take the stuff you need or could need in the future. Common sense
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
c2
|
|
#148
 2004-08-13, 21:05
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
mission essential gear. 'nuff said.
|
|
#149
 2004-08-13, 21:19
|
Ghost 77 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
We got an ideal place for night ops...its waaay to close to my house though but it's alright cos at
night there's nobody there.
It's just a building/concrete plant... ive been sneaking in there as long as i can remember, used to steal the metal dustcaps off the trucks and stuff...but lately we can steal roadsigns, tools, shovels and spades and shit like that. heh, we even broke into the portacabin they use as a toilet and took a couple weeks worth of bog roll and some POlICE SLOW tape that they put around traffic accidents.
Good fun http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
|
|
#150
 2004-08-13, 21:30
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I've been trying to find a good site lately between me and the nearest town to use as a base of operations at night. It should house water, maybe some food, spare batteries, a cheap knife, and possibly a few first aid items. Ideally, it would be safe to sleep there as well.
This is proving to be difficult because there aren't many forested areas between me and town, so I'll be searching for an ideal spot for quite a while I'm guessing...
|
|
#151
 2004-08-13, 23:45
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I live next to a High school so I'm going to Night Ops it while my parent are away this weekend.
|
|
#152
 2004-08-14, 07:05
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by -Imp:
so i�m going out tomorrow night.
tools:
crowbar just bought it =)
flat screwdriver
knife
red glass flash light
and black clothes
anything else I need ..ps. this is the first time
[This message has been edited by -Imp (edited 08-13-2004).]
For af irst nightops... thats perfect
|
|
#153
 2004-08-14, 07:08
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I have a slight problem.
I want to start going through cars, but you see with the street lights its so easy to see and also 99.9% of the ppl have lights on at night in front of their houses... =/ and dont opening car doors make a loud sound? A lot of the houses are bungalows too, so they might hear if they are awake the sound of a door opening...
ANy tips on how to get in undetected?
Also I found a trick for backyard/shed shopping for those who have street lights. at 2 am- 3 am public security stop passing so just walk on the street normally in a gray or black hoody... then when u want to get to a house u simple put ure hood up tuck your handsi n your sleeves or have gloves and get in... voila.
|
|
#154
 2004-08-14, 07:15
|
Hellz-Fury 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well first take out the light's with a silenced gun of some sort.
And for the door's just
open it slow.It should'nt be loud
Unless you slam the door back hard.
Before you go in scope it out and
target what ure gonna go for..just use
B nocks at day and rite down what ure
gonna jack.
[This message has been edited by Hellz-Fury (edited 08-14-2004).]
|
|
#155
 2004-08-14, 07:27
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Hellz-Fury:
Well first take out the light's with a silenced gun of some sort.
And for the door's just
open it slow.It should'nt be loud
Unless you slam the door back hard.
Before you go in scope it out and
target what ure gonna go for..just use
B nocks at day and rite down what ure
gonna jack.
[This message has been edited by Hellz-Fury (edited 08-14-2004).] If I have no access to a gun?... I am but a wee minor still.
|
|
#156
 2004-08-14, 09:37
|
Hellz-Fury 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Then go to the power thing that goes to the cord's and powerline's and open the box up and cut
the wire going too the light's.Or
thro a rock at the light's. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#157
 2004-08-14, 11:53
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
thanks Adam, well now I have a new prob. Yesterday I found out that almost every car in the whole city have electric door locks-- now how the hell am I supposed to get in ?
As far as I know its nearly impossible to break the pins. And I can�t use an auto jiggler.. so what do I do ?
should I just tape the window up and smash it ? ..it would be nice to do the job without too many traces
[This message has been edited by -Imp (edited 08-14-2004).]
|
|
#158
 2004-08-14, 13:32
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
quote:Originally posted by -Imp:
thanks Adam, well now I have a new prob. Yesterday I found out that almost every car in the whole city have electric door locks-- now how the hell am I supposed to get in ?
As far as I know its nearly impossible to break the pins. And I can�t use an auto jiggler.. so what do I do ?
should I just tape the window up and smash it ? ..it would be nice to do the job without too many traces
[This message has been edited by -Imp (edited 08-14-2004).] Bobby pin and nail file (metal verion).
|
|
#159
 2004-08-14, 16:01
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hellz-Fury:
Well first take out the light's with a silenced gun of some sort.
And for the door's just
open it slow.It should'nt be loud
Unless you slam the door back hard.
Before you go in scope it out and
target what ure gonna go for..just use
B nocks at day and rite down what ure
gonna jack.
[This message has been edited by Hellz-Fury (edited 08-14-2004).] Easy way to close car doors without any sound (or close to none). You lift the door handle, and then just close the door. It won't close, but it'll get hooked on and left loose. Then, just push it until you hear a click, or take your hip and butt it against the door. That'll make most doors close and almost no noise.
|
|
#160
 2004-08-14, 16:23
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by A-dam:
Also I found a trick for backyard/shed shopping for those who have street lights. at 2 am- 3 am public security stop passing so just walk on the street normally in a gray or black hoody... then when u want to get to a house u simple put ure hood up tuck your handsi n your sleeves or have gloves and get in... voila. Well, if one of the neighbors sees your face and the cops question them you're kind of screwed. And I don't know about where you live, but in my city the police or on duty all the time.
|
|
#161
 2004-08-14, 19:54
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If you're going around a corner and need to see without being seen, go behind a car and look through the windows to the other side. If you're not "highlighted" most people won't see you.
Hellz-Fury
2004-08-14 20:09
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
Easy way to close car doors without any sound (or close to none). You lift the door handle, and then just close the door. It won't close, but it'll get hooked on and left loose. Then, just push it until you hear a click, or take your hip and butt it against the door. That'll make most doors close and almost no noise. Yah that's what I was trying to get at.
|
|
#162
 2004-08-14, 22:22
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Im going on my first car hunt tonight, any additional tips? I will look glove compartment, the side comprtment between driver and passenger, under the seats, and stereo systems.
I am far from reay for the trunk... maybe if it s accessible from inside I will...
More tips would be helpful http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
p.s I will not lockpick, I will try and find the unlocked ones.
|
|
#163
 2004-08-14, 23:03
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
One point I see overlooked is that most vehicles' dome lights turn on after opening the door a little ways. There is a button that activates this after being depressed. Locate it on the cars at your house and get some practice at keeping them pressed in. Option one is to keep them stuck with any sticky substance, like gum, tape, or whatever. Option two is to keep it pressed while you disable the dome light.
If you can access the car without opening the doors (i.e. haychback, sliding rear window, and the like), disable the dome light first, then open the door for easier access.
To disable the dome light, you can usually rip the light out of the cab and rip the wires off. If not, just break the bulb.
Also, be careful about busting up peoples' front lights. They will probably investigate the cause if they are awake. When you get a good chance, use a silent pellet gun if possible. A slingshot would be a second best. Remember that with larger projectiles, the bulb housing will probably ring like a bell if it's metal (which is probably is). And if you miss...
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 08-15-2004).]
|
|
#164
 2004-08-15, 00:31
|
xbadboiii 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
any1 in las vegas im gonna be there next week for awhile, planning some ops or just to wreak
havoc.
AIM jseinfeld44
master con asrtist.
|
|
#165
 2004-08-15, 00:51
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
GOD DAMN,
I just got home from my first night operation. I learned a hell lot of things:
1:
Every single car in the whole city are locked.
2:
I didn�t have all the right tools with me, needed auto jigglers, bigger flat-headed screw driver, powerful magnet and water ( so I had to go down to pizza house and buy a coke), i�m too much a pussy to take my crow bar and just smash-grab-run. and it seems like that every person who have parked their car on the side walk, always ahve to park it under a streetlight..GOD DAMN, so the only thing I stole was a freakin' bike... but a good one, cuz the lights were working =D
3:
The good thing is that now I know 1 and 2, so all I have to do is just getting those things above =D
|
|
#166
 2004-08-15, 00:53
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by A-dam:
Im going on my first car hunt tonight, any additional tips? I will look glove compartment, the side comprtment between driver and passenger, under the seats, and stereo systems.
I am far from reay for the trunk... maybe if it s accessible from inside I will...
More tips would be helpful http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
p.s I will not lockpick, I will try and find the unlocked ones.
oh yeah, try to find the unlocked ones.. damn impossible.. good luck.. cuz you will need it
|
|
#167
 2004-08-15, 02:54
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by -Imp:
GOD DAMN,
I just got home from my first night operation. I learned a hell lot of things:
1:
Every single car in the whole city are locked.
2:
I didn�t have all the right tools with me, needed auto jigglers, bigger flat-headed screw driver, powerful magnet and water ( so I had to go down to pizza house and buy a coke), i�m too much a pussy to take my crow bar and just smash-grab-run. and it seems like that every person who have parked their car on the side walk, always ahve to park it under a streetlight..GOD DAMN, so the only thing I stole was a freakin' bike... but a good one, cuz the lights were working =D
3:
The good thing is that now I know 1 and 2, so all I have to do is just getting those things above =D Of course city cars will be locked.. its a city. Crime happens there. I would try to get to the nearest suburb and hit there. I know that where I live and everywhere around it are "good neighborhoods" so people leave so many cars unlocked.
|
|
#168
 2004-08-15, 09:10
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Report:
Me and a friend went through my local suburb, we did about 50 cars, in teh end found an acdc cd, a few expensive pens, a cell phone, we jacked the battery and smashed the phone at nearby trainstation, and a sexy leather change purse (lol), and we stole like 3 grocery bags, we thought there was a bag with like 4 huge beer tallies, but it was just 4 containers of bulk ajax (hehe)... in the end we did good, also jacked a reeses at a local corner store :-P
Cars are SO EASY, even with street lights, imp- after you do 2-3 you get the feeling and its easy as hell, just watch the alarms.
Btw, all our stolens are UNLOCKED cars, maybe in a few more we will arrange for break ins.
End, report.
|
|
#169
 2004-08-15, 12:36
|
mYjje 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i live in the suburbs =D got robber mask, and everything =D a ninja outfit, plus that hood, would be ideal, altough i have no ninja outfit, and they are so expensive =\
there's been 2 "crimes" here since i was borned, 2 houses have burned (ciggarette accident and atempt homicide.. guy not home, unlucky..) nooobody, bloody does anything here.. things u possible can steal here
flags (there's lot's of them!)
car, and all it involves (mostly old car's but it's the rush that counts isn't it?)
burgalry? (there are summer recidenst about a mile from here, wich is occupied, a moth a year, and nobody lives there, no more houses etc)
there's a electric box, just at our village's church, i can see it from my window
and that is really funny, since you can turn on and of the electricity, in the nearby houses =D)
|
|
#170
 2004-08-15, 14:48
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by A-dam:
Report:
Me and a friend went through my local suburb, we did about 50 cars, in teh end found an acdc cd, a few expensive pens, a cell phone, we jacked the battery and smashed the phone at nearby trainstation, and a sexy leather change purse (lol), and we stole like 3 grocery bags, we thought there was a bag with like 4 huge beer tallies, but it was just 4 containers of bulk ajax (hehe)... in the end we did good, also jacked a reeses at a local corner store :-P
Cars are SO EASY, even with street lights, imp- after you do 2-3 you get the feeling and its easy as hell, just watch the alarms.
Btw, all our stolens are UNLOCKED cars, maybe in a few more we will arrange for break ins. End, report.
sounds good A-damn, but my friends are all pussies, and i�m a little scared of the light =D.. uhh dracula ... hey whats you aim/msn ?
MSN : kmi@ofir.dk
it was so funny, I�m walking around with my gear, when I see these 4 dudes.. then one of them says.. "omg look at him (me), he�s freaking scary":. then I laughed a little inside =D
[This message has been edited by -Imp (edited 08-15-2004).]
|
|
#171
 2004-08-15, 19:55
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by mYjje:
i live in the suburbs =D got robber mask, and everything =D a ninja outfit, plus that hood, would be ideal, altough i have no ninja outfit, and they are so expensive =\
there's been 2 "crimes" here since i was borned, 2 houses have burned (ciggarette accident and atempt homicide.. guy not home, unlucky..) nooobody, bloody does anything here.. things u possible can steal here
flags (there's lot's of them!)
car, and all it involves (mostly old car's but it's the rush that counts isn't it?)
burgalry? (there are summer recidenst about a mile from here, wich is occupied, a moth a year, and nobody lives there, no more houses etc)
there's a electric box, just at our village's church, i can see it from my window
and that is really funny, since you can turn on and of the electricity, in the nearby houses =D) I suggest you dress normally, less chances of getting caught then someone seeing someone dressed in a ninja costume, they will think your a cat burglar.
|
|
#172
 2004-08-15, 20:13
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by A-dam:
I suggest you dress normally, less chances of getting caught then someone seeing someone dressed in a ninja costume, they will think your a cat burglar. he�s got a point
|
|
#173
 2004-08-15, 21:09
|
Deadly Vaccine 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by outsmartyouwithignorance:
the whole multi tool thing doesnt appeal to me.mainly because they cna break and may take too long if they get stuck.I have a binder like used in school,it zips all the way around. inside i have a pry bar,audio signals,flares,pencil torches,wire cutters,wire strippers,and all my screw drivers,and
even distraction lights.Since it zips closed and has pockets,everything fits and doesnt move around.I sewed straps onto the outside so now i can wear it as a back pack or around the front as a chest gaurd.itsvery useful and i can now carry more equipment with greater ease. awesome man....u got email...we should talk http://www.totse.com/bbs/cool.gif
|
|
#174
 2004-08-16, 17:45
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
bump in the dark.
|
|
#175
 2004-08-16, 18:38
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I see A-dam and -Imp have taken my advice http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
Time to report my findings.
Cars are easy as hell. And there is idiots that drive them. Last night was the biggest my friend and I pulled out of one night. We found a Jeep that was a sponsor car for an audio place. Enough said. We walked away with a Sony CD player, 2x10"subs, 2xAmps, 2x4"tweeters, 4x"racing" seat covers, a cell phone (looks new) and 5 packs of smokes. But, we hit the whole apartment parking lot and got 3 more stereos, like, 10 packs of smokes, and 4 cell phones. Also random junk includes a dirt bike helmet (play it again sports!) snowboard boots (ditto!) and some portable cd players.
|
|
#176
 2004-08-17, 13:46
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
theres this really big store house type place nearby.....it services most of the big shops around my are especially kmart.....what do you recomend i do to try and get in there(there is a fence paralell to the road with a big open area for trucks to drive around....it is constantly spot-lighted and the warehouse is also lghted.......any info/help would be appreciated(planning a recon mission first)
|
|
#177
 2004-08-17, 23:02
|
mYjje 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by wolfy_9005:
hi..
theres this really big store house type place nearby.....it services most of the big shops around my are especially kmart.....what do you recomend i do to try and get in there(there is a fence paralell to the road with a big open area for trucks to drive around....it is constantly spot-lighted and the warehouse is also lghted.......any info/help would be appreciated(planning a recon mission first) do the "fight club carpet" and lear lockpicking.. the rest shoulnd't be so hard to figure out..
|
|
#178
 2004-08-18, 02:45
|
Vulture112 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Does anyone know how to crack a safe without damaging it (so no one would be able to tell it was opened)?
|
|
#179
 2004-08-18, 05:41
|
A-dam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Vulture112:
Does anyone know how to crack a safe without damaging it (so no one would be able to tell it was opened)? Buy the same safe, take the other one filled with goodies on one of those pully things kids go in, and run with it :P if pursuited u can just hop on and go downhill.
Noriyuke Bump
2004-08-19 03:23
It Seems that Night Ops isnt as good as it was before, like in the Original night Ops Thread.
Well, Im Desperate for cash so i thought i would try that car thing in my area, Luckily i live in a town http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
Any Tips on What to get OTHER than the stuff already posted?
Does anyone Have any good plans for stuff? or is everyone in JDC lol joking.
Has anyone thought of doing some of form of Scenraio game that could be considered Night ops? For Paintball...
|
|
#180
 2004-08-19, 10:55
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm going to try something else... a day op. Think about how many people go to work all day? If
the house is empty, go in, take what you want and get out! Theres lots of money to be had in that
too. It takes a bit more balls to do it, but I might today. I'm just going to find a house that no one is
home all day. Maybe like, run up, hit the doorbell and run away on houses with no cars, to see if
anyone comes to the door. I'll get back to you if I do anything.
|
|
#181
 2004-08-19, 14:47
|
extremist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
I'm going to try something else... a day op. Think about how many people go to work all day? If the house is empty, go in, take what you want and get out! Theres lots of money to be had in that too. It takes a bit more balls to do it, but I might today. I'm just going to find a house that no one is home all day. Maybe like, run up, hit the doorbell and run away on houses with no cars, to see if anyone comes to the door. I'll get back to you if I do anything. I know a good little steal.if a Family sits in back garden or are upstairs and they leave there car keys next to the door simply make a hook and pull them out through the letterbox. You have keys to their nice car.
|
|
#182
 2004-08-19, 17:50
|
vks24 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Me & (possibly) 3 of my friends are planning a night op/trashing. We are going to a big road of warehouses. These contain cool stuff like skate shop outlets, wires and electronic stuff, and removal/storage places.
I used to work there and I know my way around there. Ive noticed a few good hiding places there that we can use, plus there are some crop fields - very useful for sneaking to and away from there.
So far we are pretty early in te planning stages, but we have some ideas for what to take.
- Latex Gloves and Dark Gloves each. (We dont want to leave fingerprints around windows.)
-Dark Clothes
-Possibly a BB gun or 2
-2/3 Torches
-Multi-Tool penknife(s)
-Allen Key set
-Backpacks
-A set of ariel photos, a plan of the route, and escape routes for the worst case scenario.
Can you guys think of anything else we might need?
|
|
#183
 2004-08-19, 19:55
|
TigerLee thank god 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
its almost weekend =)
|
|
#184
 2004-08-19, 20:19
|
SilentEcho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was wondering about ops into construction yards, what goodies are there, i dont want to trash. Any information on what i can find would help, and any tips you can give me.
Thanks
[This message has been edited by SilentEcho (edited 08-19-2004).]
|
|
#185
 2004-08-19, 20:27
|
harmless 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If you can pick locks, you could possibly score some explosives. They are usually in a big red
metal chest. They were doing some digging or something bym house a few years ago, and there
was a big thing of explosives sitting there for a few weeks. Too bad I didnt know how to lockpick
at the time.
|
|
#186
 2004-08-19, 20:32
|
SilentEcho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by harmless:
If you can pick locks, you could possibly score some explosives. They are usually in a big red metal chest. They were doing some digging or something bym house a few years ago, and there was a big thing of explosives sitting there for a few weeks. Too bad I didnt know how to lockpick at the time. They are building an Old Folks home, and all they had to clear was trees. So i dont think they would have explosives. Its nearing completion, so its all framed and stuff, Maybe that will clarify.
[This message has been edited by SilentEcho (edited 08-19-2004).]
|
|
#187
 2004-08-20, 03:59
|
black_light 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Dont fuck with old people, seriously...
|
|
#188
 2004-08-20, 05:32
|
psycological_sht 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by black_light:
Dont fuck with old people, seriously... i know...if ppl dont wanna trash anything in a car...why not just steal gas http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif lol..sounds really screwed..but with the prices goin up, shit im gonna make my own bussiness selling gallons of gasoline http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif...ill just find the cars that you just flip open the lid of the gascover without using a keay to open and ill use that syphoning gun from a hardware store...
[This message has been edited by psycological_sht (edited 08-20-2004).]
|
|
#189
 2004-08-20, 05:42
|
|
Regular
|
|
The Temples of Syrinx
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Night Ops BB/Pellet gun suppressor. Get a pen tube and drill 3/8 inch hole in it. Then drill holes in each end of a film canister. Put the pen tube through the film canister and fill it with fiberglass insulation. Fit it on to your rifle.
May or may not work for you. It works on my Marksman M2004, Crosman Air 17, and Daisy M83 CO2.
|
|
#190
 2004-08-20, 09:53
|
blinky04 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok, an idea on fingerprints on night ops, instead of wearing gloves everywhere, couldnt you
superglue over your own fingers, i noticed it makes like a layer of plastic over your fingers i dont
think you would leave any fingerprints
|
|
#191
 2004-08-20, 15:03
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I might go out on night ops tonight... but I still haven�t got the powerful magnet nor a screwdriver
|
|
#192
 2004-08-20, 15:15
|
SilentEcho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by black_light:
Dont fuck with old people, seriously... Lol no sorry to confuse you, Its not built yet! heh heh, ooo but a night op into an Old Folks home, that would make me the king of ops...... erm....yes....
|
|
#193
 2004-08-20, 19:29
|
SilentEcho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Would i be able to sell anything i aquire through shed-shopping to pawn-shops? Has anyone else done this before? And if this is not the best way to sell your findings then how should i sell them? Any information/tips
would be appritated. Thanks
- SilentEcho
EDITED FOR: Clarity
[This message has been edited by SilentEcho (edited 08-20-2004).]
|
|
#194
 2004-08-21, 22:40
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SilentEcho:
Would i be able to sell anything i aquire through shed-shopping to pawn-shops? Has anyone else done this before? And if this is not the best way to sell your findings then how should i sell them? Any information/tips
would be appritated. Thanks
- SilentEcho
EDITED FOR: Clarity
[This message has been edited by SilentEcho (edited 08-20-2004).] You could try selling like, power tools to pawn shops. Or at flea markets/eBay. That's about all I can think of to sell to pawn shops.
|
|
#195
 2004-08-22, 00:29
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
damn that was close.. okey I was sneaking around in my neighborhood. and I�ve got this bike with me (not mine, I stole it from someone) anyway, i�m sneaking around when i see this couple with their dog.
I sort of panic, but not much. so I grab my stolen bike and walk by them. I turn my head away, (I have my hat on) so I dont think they know its me. ( i know them a bit, they live next to me but on another street. well we walk by eachother, nothing happens. so I place the bike up against a three. and start looking in all the cars on their street with my flash light, cuz I thought that they would walk a long walk. but 5 min after they come back. while I�m looking into a car with my flash light. okey I panic a bit again, start walking fast away. i run and hide, nothing happens. but then I see that they take my stolen bike.. damn. so i get really paranoid, thinking that the cops will arrive, but they don't.
and now i�m sitting here.
1: I had the stolen bike, so they probably think that i�m from the other end of city.
2: I looked away when I walked by them, so I dont think they could see my face
3: I did't steal anything tonight, so the cops can't charge me for anything, only looking really spooky and trespassing.
so I guess I shouldn't be worried
sorry for the spelling
Imp
[This message has been edited by -Imp (edited 08-22-2004).]
|
|
#196
 2004-08-22, 00:49
|
ace86 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if i sold everything i got at pawn shops and flea markets and i lived in a pretty big city could i make a good living off of doing this?
|
|
#197
 2004-08-22, 01:11
|
black_light 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey guys, just got a few questions. Hypothetically what kind of places do you explore and what do you do. Me and some friends are thinking about shed shopping. We could probably bust the lock with a screw drive or drill it out, how do you guys defeat locks and such?
|
|
#198
 2004-08-22, 01:40
|
|
Regular
|
|
run while you can ----->
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
get some 32" bolt cutters and just cut em off(the bolt cutters are big fuckers.....make some sort of backpack for em......)other wise just drill them......picking is to hard on padlocks.
|
|
#199
 2004-08-22, 03:22
|
Half Blue 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
outsmartyouwithignorance, where abouts in Florida do you live? Anywhere in south Pinellas
county? I need a crew for night ops but everybody I know are either pussies or inexperienced.
Also, anyone here going to the meet-up thing in Clearwater/St.Sete FL?
-Imp 2004-08-22 10:26 hey thanks all in the other thread, its just because its my second Op.
and its okey that the mod locked it http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#200
 2004-08-23, 21:25
|
cenoxide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
okay, what i need is help on what i do next, im not an idiot, but im just unsure about what to do;
Right now when im out, i just search the neighbourhood for an oppertunity, i usually take alcohol and sell it to friends then buy equipment for the money, but thats it, i need to do something bigger and more planned, if its higher risk, then so be it, but how the hell do i find a place to rob..?
it seems like everything is a fortress and there is no money anywhere, yeah, i know its probably the opposite..
[This message has been edited by cenoxide (edited 08-23-2004).]
|
|
#201
 2004-08-23, 22:18
|
black_light 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well, if you guys use walkie talkies i just found the best "headset" ever for them. I have some nice ones that go about a mile or 2 and have a headphone and mic input in them. This is the type of thing swat teams use. It says it rugged and for outdoor use, perfect! http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=21-1835
|
|
#202
 2004-08-23, 22:20
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by black_light:
Well, if you guys use walkie talkies i just found the best "headset" ever for them. I have some nice ones that go about a mile or 2 and have a headphone and mic input in them. This is the type of thing swat teams use. It says it rugged and for outdoor use, perfect! http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=21-1835 Can these be used with any radios? Not a bad idea and a good price too!
[This message has been edited by invictus (edited 08-23-2004).]
|
|
#203
 2004-08-23, 22:28
|
black_light 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm assuming that most walkie talkies have plugs on them somewhere, mine happen to be on the top. Im assuming there all spaced out that much too becuase i would be silly to make those to only fit some talkies. The larger plug is earphone the smaller is mic.
|
|
#204
 2004-08-24, 01:52
|
and.the.cradle.will.rock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
those look pretty sweet....
|
|
#205
 2004-08-24, 01:58
|
Spam Man Sam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
This is the best radio for nightops, it has GPS built in, and could show your partners location on it.
But its expensive:
http://www.afmo.com/product_page.asp?pid=2549
|
|
#206
 2004-08-24, 02:03
|
black_light 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Those suck, You cant get coordinates pinpointed to where you are on such a small device. They have fucking gps systems that are big ass backpacks and they still can only narrow down the
location to a few yards.
|
|
#207
 2004-08-24, 02:32
|
SilentDeath47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey this is a really cool forum just wanted to say that first. Next i've been on these sort of night ops a couple times mainly just taking things out of sheds and construction sites. I'm gonna try to move on to cars and taking stuff out of them so i was just wondering what would be the easiest way to open a locked car and what is the duck tape method for windows. Thanks and any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.
|
|
#208
 2004-08-24, 03:14
|
SilentDeath47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey I also wanted to know if there is any1 on this night ops forum that lives in or close to Chicago that would wanna talk on aim or go on a night op and steal stuff?
|
|
#209
 2004-08-24, 08:38
|
blinky04 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok. this is kinda weird. i live in a kinda rich neighbourhood btw. anyway... the other night i was on
a night op trying to find boats and get the flares from them, i was over the fence next door (no one
lives there anymore) and went over their back fence into a house with 2 75yr looking people
watching tv. i had jumped the fence and was next to the boat and i noticed a cooking pot next to
my foot which was not there the night before. i inspected the pot and it was warm. i looked under
the lid and didnt see anything(funny lighting) so i put my hand into the pot and noticed it was full
of warm water. i took my hand straight out and instantly i noticed my hand reeked of bong water.
why in hell would old people have a large pot of bong water on the back veranda? there like 75-
80 years old! i just cant understand it. anyway it took me like half an hour to get rid of that damn
smell. i hope mum didnt notice and think i smoke pot. but god damn, old people with a massive
pot of bong water sitting there. im freaked out
|
|
#210
 2004-08-24, 10:28
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hm, I've never really done a night op except for one or two times. Could someone compile a very
detalied list of tools you should/could have? thanks.
|
|
#211
 2004-08-24, 10:32
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Staples:
hm, I've never really done a night op except for one or two times. Could someone compile a very detalied list of tools you should/could have? thanks. look around in the threads about night ops..
|
|
#212
 2004-08-24, 11:30
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Staples:
okay, sorry. now you suck my dick
|
|
#213
 2004-08-24, 19:34
|
Spam Man Sam Equipment 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Dark blue or Black BDU
Ankle supported boots
Blue or Black Beleclava
FRS Radio w/headset
Police Scanner?(optional, but may be handy)
Ka-Bar Knife or equivilent
Lock picking set
tool kit(you never know)
Digital Camera(with flash turned off, in night vision mode)
gloves
Back Back to carry shit in
|
|
#214
 2004-08-25, 01:57
|
ptomic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm pretty sure I'm gunna wear my black jeans/straight narrow but not tight, but I'm not sure what to wear for a shirt.
I have a black sweatshirt but it's kind of big. I also have a nato jacket, but it's not exactly Dark camo, just normal ish.
I've heard that olive drab is the best for camo at night, but I dunno if thats true. I have a good drabmarinePT tshirt that would be nice, but it's a tshirt. I thought a dark blue longsleeve with the marine shirt over it?
Mostly I'll be sticking in the dark, around my nieghbors house, stealing from these rich people who just moved in.
|
|
#215
 2004-08-25, 03:42
|
tHroWuRhaNdzUp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You can turn off street lights with just a laser pointer.
Street lights have light-sensors mounted on the top of them which looks like a little black dome and can be seen from the ground. Take a laser pointer and make up a little X stand for it using sticks. Shine it at the center of the sensor for about 15 seconds (use binoculars to see if you're hitting it), and the light will turn off.
On some street lights you must constantly shine the laser at them to keep them off, and others will stay off for 5 minutes after you've stopped shining at it.
|
|
#216
 2004-08-25, 03:48
|
black_light 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if only light could bend.(economically)Maybe that laser this for hanging pictures that can turn around corners works?
|
|
#217
 2004-08-25, 08:37
|
Korova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
it doesn't turn around corners, you have to shine it at the corner for it to work.
|
|
#218
 2004-08-25, 08:51
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SilentDeath47:
Hey this is a really cool forum just wanted to say that first. Next i've been on these sort of night ops a couple times mainly just taking things out of sheds and construction sites. I'm gonna try to
move on to cars and taking stuff out of them so i was just wondering what would be the easiest way to open a locked car and what is the duck tape method for windows. Thanks and any other help would be appreciated. Thanks. Quote: quote:Originally posted by SilentDeath47:Hey I also wanted to know if there is any1 on this night ops forum that lives in or close to Chicago that would wanna talk on aim or go on a night op and steal stuff? At first you struck me as a kid who obviously isn't very good at crime. Now I think more a member of law enforcement. Fools be warned. If in fact you are not a police officer, or a member of any law enforcement community, the first thing you should learn is that people who do "bad ideas" and have a quarter of a brain, don't ever, ever speak of it. At least the ones who don't get caught anyway.
Edit: Illeteracy decided to strike again.
c2
[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 08-25-2004).]
|
|
#219
 2004-08-25, 11:58
|
ptomic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey, I don't mean to offend you, but wouldn't apolice officer have some kind of badge?
|
|
#220
 2004-08-25, 13:37
|
cf_2k3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Has Anyone here tried allotments? they are usually easy to get into.
SWIM and a friend of his got into a shed and got one of those power blaster blow torches for weed killing and some other tools. It's easy because all 'they' needed was some large adjustable mole grips to rip the lock off with. The lock can be dropped down a grid or buried in the allotment http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
|
|
#221
 2004-08-25, 13:52
|
SmarterThanYou 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by c2:
If in fact you are not a police officer, or a member of any law enforcement community, the first thing you should learn is that people who do "bad ideas" and have a quarter of a brain, don't ever, ever speak of it. At least the ones who don't get caught anyway.
c2
I notice thta all of the GOOD postersnever speak of it. Just to name a few; me, Tokolosh, Phlab, c2, cheeseduck, and sister-sara-sue.
|
|
#222
 2004-08-25, 17:27
|
Lupin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by c2:
At first you struck me as a kid who obviously isn't very good at crime. Now I think more a member of law enforcement. Fools be warned. If in fact you are not a police officer, or a member of any law enforcement community, the first thing you should learn is that people who do "bad ideas" and have a quarter of a brain, don't ever, ever speak of it. At least the ones who don't get caught anyway.
Edit: Illeteracy decided to strike again.
c2
[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 08-25-2004).] lol, i talk about my 'bad ideas' sometimes, and ive never been caught, but only when trying to explain why im selling a �40 watch to the local speed freak, he dont mind. n he dont chat to no fuckers
|
|
#223
 2004-08-25, 17:30
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
He doesn't really ned to know where you got the watch does he? Think about it, he gets arrested,
and he is looking at a long time in the pen. Gang rape in the shower for years on end isn't that
apealing is it? He offers to give you up, and the cops get someone bigger while he gets a slap on
the wrist. Talking about anything in to much detail, or talking specifically about scores and hits
after the fact, is only going to get you into trouble.
c2
|
|
#224
 2004-08-25, 22:46
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Lupin:
lol, i talk about my 'bad ideas' sometimes, and ive never been caught... Hear that? He never been caught! Ain't that something? He never been caught.
Yet. The first time is always a surprise.
|
|
#225
 2004-08-26, 00:45
|
t0xygen 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
This post has intrigued me to an immense extent. I live right next to a gigantic industrial factory of
sorts. I think that there is one end of it that is no longer used. This is a photo of the deal. I think I'll
go out tonight and look around. The complex is only 1 story and there is a point where the fence
is right next to the wall, I am more than capable of getting onto the roof.
ANY comments, help, advise etc. is more than welcome.
[This message has been edited by t0xygen (edited 08-26-2004).]
|
|
#226
 2004-08-26, 01:33
|
tmanbb4l 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i was out one night and got into one of those vans with tvs and shit and i jaked it all and on my
way out i grabed the garrage door opener after packed every thing up i opened it wanted to be
ready if they awaked well they didnt and i got away with alot well i was thinking about it how
difficult would it be to send a ton of garrage door signals and see if it opens any ideas
|
|
#227
 2004-08-26, 01:49
|
ptomic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
t0xygen, sounds like you have the makings of a great project, go ahead.
|
|
#228
 2004-08-26, 01:53
|
tmanbb4l 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
how did you get that airal photo
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by t0xygen:
This post has intrigued me to an immense extent. I live right next to a gigantic industrial factory of sorts. I think that there is one end of it that is no longer used. This is a photo of the deal. I think I'll go out tonight and look around. The complex is only 1 story and there is a point where the fence is right next to the wall, I am more than capable of getting onto the roof.
ANY comments, help, advise etc. is more than welcome.
[This message has been edited by t0xygen (edited 08-26-2004).]
|
|
#229
 2004-08-26, 01:55
|
t0xygen 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I got the photo from http://www.terraserver-usa.com/address.aspx someone posted it earlier and I
give them the props.
|
|
#230
 2004-08-26, 02:02
|
tmanbb4l 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
thank u omg u are the shit i can so use that
|
|
#231
 2004-08-26, 02:04
|
Slice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I've been monitoring some local payfones that I'll hypothetically and hopefully be able to get the $ $ out of. I need some tips on this--at least a couple of the fones are near well-lit filling stations, between the road and the station. The green square fone box is on the back of the fone, facing the road; the headset faces the station. The txtfiles I've read say that you get to the wires from an accessible cord going to the fone, can I disconnect the wires from a fone box(square green kind) on the back of the fone and still make the $ come out?
|
|
#232
 2004-08-26, 02:14
|
shwag747 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Slice:
I've been monitoring some local payfones that I'll hypothetically and hopefully be able to get the $ $ out of. I need some tips on this--at least a couple of the fones are near well-lit filling stations, between the road and the station. The green square fone box is on the back of the fone, facing the road; the headset faces the station. The txtfiles I've read say that you get to the wires from an accessible cord going to the fone, can I disconnect the wires from a fone box(square green kind) on the back of the fone and still make the $ come out? how bout you go back to school and learn how to spell PHONE.
|
|
#233
 2004-08-26, 09:05
|
FreekShow 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by aTribeCalledSean:
I see you live in northern oregon. That wouldn't Portland would it? Where do you live bro?
I live a few miles outside Portland, I'm in Gresham. AIM is in the profile.
c2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmm small world i was just in portland i live in la grande tho...
|
|
#234
 2004-08-26, 09:46
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
okey i�ve been thinking of buying a radio scanner... a Uniden
what scanners do you have and are you satisfied with it ?
|
|
#235
 2004-08-26, 22:41
|
FreekShow 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hmm sorry to sould like a dumb ass i just started doing night ops about 2 weeks ago.. me and my
friend burglarized my neighbors house.. but anyway.. espionage is just spying to get infromation right? eh thanks in advance
|
|
#236
 2004-08-26, 22:56
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
(this is all fake and not true)i started night ops a while ago b4 i even came to this site.. and i didnt ever get much or try hard i just went around opening unlocked cars and shit..
but last thursday me and a friend went around lookin to actually break into cars and steal a few nice decks and cd's etc.
we broke into a camry with a nice deck with some porcelin(that shit works wonders)
and we smashed the window with porcelin then ditched.. came back after half an hour to see if anyone was around and there wasnt anyone. so we pushed the rest of the glass into the car and went in.
there was a nice deck in there(cant remember make) but it was in good.. it was bolted in and everything.. we had butter knifes not screw drivers to get out the deck and that didnt work so we just got what we could out of the glove box.. in the glove box we found a key.. it looked like a house or garage key.. (pretty sure its a garage key)
then we left that with notin valuale left in it)
then later at around 4:30 we find this car that is unlocked so we go in and there is a discman in there and the car keys were in the glove box.. how fun
so we put the car in neutral and push it down the street a lil
start er up and drive off
so then we take the car into a park and the sprinklers were on.. so we are on the grass doing crazy doughnuts for half an hour and go up and then down the hill at the park then went back to the street pinned it then put the car in neutral turned the car off.. we then just coasted right back to the house and parked right infornt of it. then we take the shit we want and ditched.. the car was straight full of grass http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
and i still got the keys to the car http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
and there was a nice car (cant remember if it was a late 80's early 90'sfire bird or camaro) with a nice lsd screen deck and a cop radar detector and prolly some subs in the back.. but it was 5:30 so we left that car for another time
so that was my night last week of car shoppin
(remember this is all not true)
:P
|
|
#237
 2004-08-27, 04:25
|
Ski 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
jamgo that's a pretty good *theoretical* idea of putting the car in neutral until you are away from the area. i hadn't thot of that, not had i really thot at all of auto theft.
as for me, I have yet to actually plan ANY night ops. my comrades have all up and abandonded me as friends for no obvious reason loong ago http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif but some day i'll find something i want to do and i'll post a night op. until then, i'd be glad to help anybody with
planning. i'm a hell of a planner from the good 'ol "day ops" i guess you'd call 'em. *sigh* how i miss those days...
|
|
#238
 2004-08-27, 16:38
|
Half Blue 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Weird night ops story:
(hypothetical ofcourse)
This morning at 01:30 I went on a solo recon op, one in a series of many meant to gain intel on a possible target for a hit.
I was heading down my usual route to an area with a dirt road passing between a construction site and a gated retention pond leading to a field that I cut across to get to the target area. When I was about a block away from the dirt road two cars came down the road I was closest to from behind. I dove behind a dumpster just as they drove by. I got up to continue on my merry way when I realised that they had pulled into the dirt road that I was heading to. I couldnt proceed with them in the way so I decided to wait until they left. Whilst I waited I decided to spy on them for a while (luckily I brought my monocular with me, I almost forgot it). There were four people (two in each car) and they had all their lights off and since I'm too poor to afford night vision I couldnt see much and at the time I was too far away to hear them. I decided to move closer and was within 30 yards of them when they all got into one car and turned the lights off. Just as I was going to get closer another car comes from the opposite direction as the other two. I didnt have much time to hide so I dropped to the ground and hoped they wouldnt see me. Luckily they remained unaware of my presence. The third car stopped briefly next to the second car and then proceeded to turn in to the field. I thought that the other four had gotten into this car but they hadnt. I got up close to the second car (well, actually a mini van) to see if I could ascertain what exactly was going on. I had already gotten too close before I noticed that the car was still occupied so I retreated behind a truck but they had already seen me. I looked back and saw someone open the door so I ran to the other side of the street and took cover behind some small shrubs. I hid there for a few seconds when I saw the third car start to drive away. They drove by me slowly (I'm pretty sure they saw me but from the way I was dressed they probably thought I was an undercover cop or something) then proceeded down the road. They were followed shortly by the other two cars.
After they had left the area I went back over to the place they were parked at to try and figure out what the hell they were doing out there but I couldnt find anything.
After a few munites I noticed another car circling the area so I left.
Needless to say I aborted the misson.
I wonder what the hell was going on out there and why they were in the middle of an unoccupied construction site at 02:00. Oh well, maybe I'll see them again when I go back out there tomorow.
|
|
#239
 2004-08-27, 16:50
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Drug deal? Hang out for homosexuals? Murder?
coulda been lotsa stuff
|
|
#240
 2004-08-27, 21:39
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
wow close one dude.. hope you see them again so we can figure out what they were up to.
anyway, SWIM is probablu going out tonight...
|
|
#241
 2004-08-28, 00:12
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Ski:
jamgo that's a pretty good *theoretical* idea of putting the car in neutral until you are away from the area. i hadn't thot of that, not had i really thot at all of auto theft. (all theoretical)
aha i never really thought of auto theft either we just did it because there was keys in the car... and we took it out for a joyride
lol it was so crazy and after half an hour of doughnuts in a field u think anyone would hear the noise? and report somtin(5:00 AM)
and i went out last night(thursday 26th)
and went around trying to siphon gas... its easier said than done... and gas doesnt taste that bad when u get it in ur mouth...
it just is a weird feeling and it burns ur lips and face a lil..
we only got 1 car outta literally 20 because of them damn anti-siphoning devices inside the tanks
(all theoretical)
[This message has been edited by jamgo (edited 08-28-2004).]
|
|
#242
 2004-08-28, 00:55
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeah, one time I was on an op and I saw a police car pull up to the house next to me. I thought I was screwed, but it turns out the cop just wanted to question the owners of the house about something. I was afraid the homeowners had seen me and had called the cops, but as I watched them with my binoculars I noticed that they didn't seem to be signaling towards the direction they had seen me in or any body language of that sort.
|
|
#243
 2004-08-28, 03:29
|
Ski 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
kewl story Half Blue. if you go after these guys again. mabey invest in one of those old-people hearing things with the earspeaker and tape a cup for directionalizing the sensativity on it (tho play with is some so you kno what it will do as far as squeaking and sounds so the guys don't notice you). mabey also bring another guy to watch from a distance incase these people get wise to you so your comrade can help you. i assume everybody is as interested as i am to learn what's up with that, but of course, exercise caution. getting killed/napped kinda sucks if these guys really don't want you there.
|
|
#244
 2004-08-28, 05:43
|
talley 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Noriyuke:
Has anyone thought of doing some of form of Scenraio game that could be considered Night ops? For Paintball... iv considered, so i dug up my ol pump gun, i took a few sots (during the day) and realised its too loud. maybe airsoft, but not paintball.
|
|
#245
 2004-08-28, 05:55
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Sorry for the lack of posts from me here, I've been doing some rather serious stuff lately and
would rather not talk about it, especially on here. I pray you can imagine why...
As you probably can guess my posts are usually boring ops, that's cause I never actually post my serious stuff. I haven't done anything interesting that I CAN report either, but I have gotten some new gear I can review for everyone.
The gear includes a large black rucksack which I can now use on ops to carry damn near anything, black H-suspenders for when a backpack or LBV isn't really justified, and a pair of black paratrooper boots. The boots are real nice as they help with hard landings, I picked them up at my local surplus shop.
The rucksack and suspenders came together as a set for 25 dollars. The suspenders are US style with clips to which you can attach to the rucksack as well as a web belt. This is rather handy as you can wear both the suspenders and rucksack with easy, and can unhook the backpack in no time. Which you can do this with a lot of other set-ups, this one was really inexpensive and offered a lot of comfort and cargo room. I believe it was an Austrian set.
The boots I'm not sure about. The zip up in the front with a lace at the top, and have pressure valves near the sole. I haven't messed with pressurizing it yet, but as is it works great anyways.
|
|
#246
 2004-08-28, 06:50
|
*FuckBeast* 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Alright so heres the thing...I aint got any money, only like 15 bucks, no boots, no BDU. Is it possible for me to do something fun?
|
|
#247
 2004-08-28, 07:08
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Here's a post I placed in another topic, but found it fitting for night ops. It concerns stealth, in general.
Stealth is really just something you develop while actually doing practice ops. For example, the novice will typically climb over fences leaving a big profile and casting shadows everywhere. The adept would either climb close to the fence, go under the fence, make a small hole, or find another way in entirely.
As you learn more about staying unseen, you learn the essentials. For example, it isn't unusual for someone to walk right past you in a dim area so long as you are lying still and/or have a nonhuman profile. There's also something I like to call "light advantage". For example, if you were to sit underneath of a bright light (facing away from you of course), anyone trying to look at you would have a hard time due to the light, while you would have a perfect view of them. There's also what I call "view advantage". To get an idea of this, find a small hole in a wall and look through it. For the most part, you can see fine, while anyone standing on the other side cannot (unless they are pressed up against the wall). In your scenario of the forest where the cop has lights on you, he has the light advantage, but YOU should have the view advantage. If you are in a dense brush, sure - the light may penetrate it. Problem is, the cop still won't see you unless he either gets closer to gain view advantage, or you move.
Also, bright lights effect night vision. As soon as the light moves away, you could probably stand out in the open without being seen. This effects anyone driving at night, as they are accustomed to their driving lights. As soon as they peer into good darkness, they'll need a few minutes to adjust, while you can see just fine.
Sound travels better at night. Move slow and check often for sounds around you. You should always keep an advantage in this field. Part of being unnoticed is knowing where people are. If someone can sneak up to you and tap you on your back, you're fucking up badly. Keep your loadouts quiet. Jump up and down to make sure nothing rattles. Also think of trade-offs. Most situations are a compromise unless you have the $$$ for high performance equipment. Black BDUs for example are rugged, have many pockets, but can still rustle a little. Probably not that
much, but enough. Cotton sweatpants on the otherhand are silent as the dead, but easily snag, rip, and catch weeds. As a general rule, softer means quieter.
One big obsession I have is shine and glare. Anything shiny WILL reflect light. That includes the mirror dome of your flashlight, the buckle on your belt, the snaps for your knife, metal watches, even your eyes and/or glasses. Reduce these as best as you possibly can. If you can't get nonglare items, improvise with electrical tape or paint.
Camo is another big deal. Different people have different philosophies, but the way I see it, one should dress as if it were daytime. If you are in the dark, you are hard to notice anyways, but if someone flips on a light and sees a shadow where there shouldn't be one - that means trouble. Breaking up your outline also makes you harder to see. The human eye looks for patterns instinctively. If you look less of a human, all the better. Solids force you to retain your profile. Camo breaks it up. Even if you only gain a second or two over solids in the time it takes to verify that you are infact a person, those two seconds could very well be the determining factor between getting caught and getting away.
An obvious point usually overlooked is that light skin also reflects light well. Seriously, you have no idea how many people I've shot in paintball on moonlit nights because they showed bare skin. They stick out like neon lights.
Finally, there is no overkill in being stealthy. So what if they grab-and-run guy laughs at you because you go through the pains of not being seen at all - you are capable of doing MUCH more serious stuff than he is.
One more aspect of stealth is electronics. There are many things working against night operatives these days, such as night vision, thermal sensors, motion sensors, cameras, and laser sensers. Night vision isn't too big of a deal if you are well camouflaged like I suggested, because you blend in still. The other guy can only see in greenscale, so you could be out there in blaze camo and still blend in. Thermal sensors can be defeated by using space blankets, hiding behind dense objects, and curling up into balls. There's a good chance they'll think you're just a cat or something while they're looking for a large human shape.
Motion sensor lights can be shot out, or the sensor blinded by something. Alarms on the other hand are trickier, because while you can cut the powerline or telephone wire - many systems set out a signal by default after this. Destroying the main panel or blinding the sensor may be your only option unless you are good enough with electronics to create your own circuit to kill the alarm externally without raising an eyebrow back at the security company.
Cameras can be turned away, broken, or just plain disabled in a number of ways. Be aware that masks may hide your face, but not your height. Using nearby objects, police can get a very good idea or what you look like. If you suspect a camera in the area, walk differently, make yourself seem taller or shorter, and/or fatter or skinnier.
Lasers have to be disabled via panel or custom circuit, probably the biggest pain in the ass, but they can be avoided if you know where they are.
Well, that's the end of my exhausting lecture. It'll probably be ignored by everyone, but oh well. It was a good review for myself.
|
|
#248
 2004-08-28, 07:12
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by *FuckBeast*:
Alright so heres the thing...I aint got any money, only like 15 bucks, no boots, no BDU. Is it
possible for me to do something fun? Of course it is, as long as you have dark clothing, a flashlight maybe, a knife, screwdriver, etc.
Boots and BDUs aren't really needed at all, I just like having good equipment, which I'm sure can be said for everyone else.
Black jeans
Black jacket
Black shoes
Black baseball cap
Gloves
Large flathead screwdriver
Knife
Flashlight
Those alone go a very long ways. I have a friend who only uses those, and he still gets by just fine. I sometimes go with only some dark clothes and maybe gloves just for a challenge. It isn't the equipment that matters, it's the person using them. Although knowledge just can't replace certain tools... A drill comes to mind... >_>
EDIT: The clothes can be had for cheap at walmart or a second hand store. The tools could also be gotten cheap at either (the latter is best), or you could just snag them from anywhere. Find the janitors room at your school if you go to HS and liberate some stuff. Probably won't notice.
The secondhand store idea might be fun for major ops. Donate the clothing you used on an op in a plastic bag after washing them. Mix in old colored clothing as well of course.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 08-28-2004).]
|
|
#249
 2004-08-28, 08:21
|
*FuckBeast* 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Thanks man, I'll use your advice.
|
|
#250
 2004-08-28, 08:42
|
Drag0n Editi0n 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well this is my first post in the Night Ops threads, well, I am posting a picture of my supplies I have handy and ready to use.
I have went on ops in the past, before I ever been on Totse but, I see alot of stuff about supplies. So, I want suggestions on what to add to mine.
I know some of the stuff isn't needed, but I could use them. The computer case slot, I thought maybe for doors, and the Carribeaner to hold rope or something.
<A HREF="http://img35.exs.cx/img35/4684/nightops.jpg"> <A HREF="http://img35.exs.cx/img35/4684/nightops.jpg">http://img35.exs.cx/img35/4684/nightops.jp g" width="90" height="90</A> </A>
[This message has been edited by Drag0n Editi0n (edited 08-28-2004).]
|
|
#251
 2004-08-28, 16:54
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Psychlonic, in relation to you talking about electronics being a danger on operations, a while back my police department was considering getting night vision/infrared scopes for their patrol cars. These bad puppies combine basic night vision technology with heat-sensing infrared technology, so you would stick out like a sore thumb because of your body heat. Fortunately they never actually got them because people were bitching that the cops would be able to see through walls with the infrared and violate their privacy.
The best way to counter this would probably be to get your own night vision, fight technology with technology. I've also heard that the new Marine Corps MARPAT camo decreases your infrared profile, so if you could get your hands on that it would help.
|
|
#252
 2004-08-28, 17:07
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
SWIM is going out tonight.. hitting cars... hehe...
well SWIM thought of, is it okey to steal from your neighbors, if you never talk to them?, they live at the other end of the road
|
|
#253
 2004-08-28, 17:12
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Tell swim that stealing from the common man isn't nice = /. And Dragon, I like that thing you got
at a horseshow.
|
|
#254
 2004-08-28, 18:36
|
Drag0n Editi0n 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Me too =D I was there with my cousin, his mom rides horses and they have a bunch of stands and I thought it would be nice for a mini-crowbar or something.
|
|
#255
 2004-08-28, 19:36
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Psychlonic you are N/O hero.
|
|
#256
 2004-08-28, 19:38
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by -Imp:
SWIM is going out tonight.. hitting cars... hehe...
well SWIM thought of, is it okey to steal from your neighbors, if you never talk to them?, they live at the other end of the road People sometimes say, a rat don't shit in its own nest. Take your fishing pole downstream a spell.
|
|
#257
 2004-08-28, 20:11
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Run Screaming:
Quote: Originally posted by -Imp:
SWIM is going out tonight.. hitting cars... hehe...
well SWIM thought of, is it okey to steal from your neighbors, if you never talk to them?, they live at the other end of the road People sometimes say, a rat don't shit in its own nest. Take your fishing pole downstream a spell. you're probably right...
Dude580
2004-08-28 20:54
here is some ideas for night ops one is where cover alls with street clothing underneath if you can
get cover alls cheap at thrift stores and if you whant you can spray paint depending on the terain
your in and if you be in the unfurute situation of running away or some one is looking for you you
take of your cover alls and put on head phone and start jogging untill you are a safe distance
away
hope this helps
|
|
#258
 2004-08-28, 21:20
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
what about hitting cars on the street next to me
|
|
#259
 2004-08-28, 21:27
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
(al theoretical)
went out last night, got a gameboy advance sp with 4 games outta a open car, a wallet with visa and bank cars, then hit up this maxda mx3 precedia.. got a niiiiice dope sony deck with a controller, face plate carrier a 12 inch sub with box and 20 cd's
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif profitable night
|
|
#260
 2004-08-28, 21:33
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by jamgo:
(al theoretical)
went out last night, got a gameboy advance sp with 4 games outta a open car, a wallet with visa and bank cars, then hit up this maxda mx3 precedia.. got a niiiiice dope sony deck with a controller, face plate carrier a 12 inch sub with box and 20 cd's
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif profitable night
sounds goood.. although its theoretical
|
|
#261
 2004-08-28, 23:58
|
invictus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HARDMAN:
Psychlonic, in relation to you talking about electronics being a danger on operations, a while back my police department was considering getting night vision/infrared scopes for their patrol cars. These bad puppies combine basic night vision technology with heat-sensing infrared technology, so you would stick out like a sore thumb because of your body heat. Fortunately they never actually got them because people were bitching that the cops would be able to see through walls with the infrared and violate their privacy.
The best way to counter this would probably be to get your own night vision, fight technology with technology. I've also heard that the new Marine Corps MARPAT camo decreases your infrared profile, so if you could get your hands on that it would help.
That will invade your privacy if they did do such a thing. Also, If you do consider getting the
MARPAT camo they only way you can get it is if you get a fake version of the camo. I was told that the Marine Corps is starting to crack down on companies who sell the digital pattern and those who are in illegal possesion of the actual camo. They'll still nail you, even if you bought the original camo uniforms off of Ebay, because there's a VERY HIGH chance that the actual MARPAT uniforms are stolen from the USMC bases. Another alternative is using a Gore-Tex ECWCS camo jacket and the matching pants. It also reduces your IR signature.
|
|
#262
 2004-08-29, 00:00
|
|
Regular
|
|
The Temples of Syrinx
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The Offical Night Ops Rifle.
http://tinypic.com/3hhyq
Street lights beware. Specs: Crosman AIR 17 Film Bottle Suppressor Tasco 4 power scope.
[This message has been edited by 5.56 SS109 (edited 08-29-2004).]
|
|
#263
 2004-08-29, 00:15
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hey guys.
i was thinking about making a totse nightops irc channel...any thoughts/ideas?
|
|
#264
 2004-08-29, 00:22
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
okey i�ve been out for about one hour, I did't steal anything.. cuz I did not have my flash light with me.. cuz I had forgot to buy batteries.. NOW THAT SUCKED...
anyway I thought I would try my new duct tape and my crow bar... so I tape some old car up, (its standing in a auto graveyard).. I tape it up and hit the window ..once, twice..it still didn't brake.. son of a bitch..so I use the other end..and WEEE HOOO...third time it works... BUT FOR TEH LOVE OF GOD; WHAT A NOISE:.........!!!!!....I mean how the hell do I silence it..?
Imp
|
|
#265
 2004-08-29, 00:37
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
try using some science. the smaller the surface area of the striking area, the less noise it will make and the easier it'll be to break. i would use one of those small hammers with a pickaxe-style end. also, try just putting a layer of thick felt over the striking end.
|
|
#266
 2004-08-29, 00:40
|
SilentOp47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
^^Never worked for me
Anyways besides using a metal coat hanger to open cars do any of u guys know an easier way? And also any ideas for things to do on a golf course in the middle of the night?
|
|
#267
 2004-08-29, 02:45
|
tmanbb4l 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i got a laptop out of a car can i sell it can it be traced some ideas.
|
|
#268
 2004-08-29, 03:34
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Run Screaming:
Psychlonic you are N/O hero. Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, but what is "N/O" supposed to mean?
EDIT - Nevermind. I just figured out it meant "Night Ops". I resign my status, I'm too damn stupid to even know what my title means, lol!
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 08-29-2004).]
|
|
#269
 2004-08-29, 08:45
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
lol duct tape method isnt to good.. porcelin is the best by far
its the best thing
(all theroetical)i hit a car right by a house with porcelin and no one woke up or anything i did it to a few cars.
lol just go find a spare toilet, or just take a sparkplug and get it to lil pieces.. like a lil smaller than a pennie
then just throw it.. just test it out 1 or 2 times and its not loud at all. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
then just go out and hit up some cars http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#270
 2004-08-29, 08:53
|
Cojax 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dopenhagen:
A while back I ran into this very useful website that can be used to navigate escape routes,roads you are going to use,hide aways,danger areas and alot more. Simply type in the address and youwill have a satalite image you the target and surrounding area. This has always been vert usefull to me. I even found hiding places that I never even knew about in my neighbor hood.
Heres the link.... http://www.terraserver-usa.com/address.aspx
Post back and tell me what you think...
[This message has been edited by Dopenhagen (edited 07-28-2004).] Aye, that site has saved my ass more than once. I made a map of my town on my wall using it, and made escape routes, targets, key locations, etc. It's helped on more than one night op. the forest is not a good place to hide around here, though. there's criminal hideouts, as well as drug caches and crops, all boobytrapped and guarded.
ptomic 2004-08-29 12:01 I'm lucky bout that actually, around my town the forests are empty of drug dealers, just drunken love making teenagers/etc....
|
|
#271
 2004-08-29, 15:14
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if i made a Night Ops IRC, how many people would actually use it? i just want to know if its worth making.
|
|
#272
 2004-08-29, 16:31
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by tadthemadlad:
try using some science. the smaller the surface area of the striking area, the less noise it will make and the easier it'll be to break. i would use one of those small hammers with a pickaxe-style end. also, try just putting a layer of thick felt over the striking end. yeah I thought of those pickaxe-style end hammers, whatever they are called...
thanks =)
|
|
#273
 2004-08-29, 16:32
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by jamgo:
lol duct tape method isnt to good.. porcelin is the best by far
its the best thing
(all theroetical)i hit a car right by a house with porcelin and no one woke up or anything i did it to a few cars.
lol just go find a spare toilet, or just take a sparkplug and get it to lil pieces.. like a lil smaller than a pennie
then just throw it.. just test it out 1 or 2 times and its not loud at all. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
then just go out and hit up some cars http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif SWIM is probably gonna try that
|
|
#274
 2004-08-29, 20:41
|
cenoxide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok, im going to try this sooner or later, i just find it a bit weird why it wouldn't make any noise, or
shatter the window for that part either... (will it shatter it btw?)
Oh well, ill find some toilet and go rambo-style on it then.
|
|
#275
 2004-08-29, 21:42
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
lol it is weird.. porcelin is like a ceramic sorta and its a lil denser than the glass and it just goes right through it and for some reason makes no noise. dont ask me.. it takes out a lil bit of the window and the rest stays where it should be but it spyders the whole window.. not 1 inch squared would nopt be spyderd(cracked) then just push the window in, unlock the door then get in(always check to see if the door is open first lol...
and dont be scared to try to open car doors in a driveway.. as long as there is no lights on.. ur
pretty much good just dont make to much noise. but dont shatter windows in driveways
(hypothetical)
i got a 12 inch sub with box, a nice deck, 20 cd's and some other stuff outta a unlocked car in a drive way http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by jamgo (edited 08-29-2004).]
|
|
#276
 2004-08-29, 22:44
|
tmanbb4l 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
im thinking of getting some nv googles would this be a good investment and is their a down side
|
|
#277
 2004-08-29, 23:22
|
tmanbb4l 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i am thinking of breaking into the middle school and taking all the repeling gear and rope the door
to this room is on the out side . there is also a drink machine to the left of the door .there is an
alarm sticker on the door . so i am prpared for that . my plan plug my drill in the socket the drink
machine uses . drill the lock . open the door and pertain to look for an alarm if i dont see one than
pack up things and put in the woods for same day pick up . if i do see an alarm get the hell out. i
know that most alarms can be spoted and they usually put stickers on doors to scare people off.
ideas please
|
|
#278
 2004-08-30, 04:48
|
Cojax 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The most entertaining Hypothetical night op I had was when I hypothetically left everything in my locker last year, and I had to finish a project due the next day. It was near done mind you, but My study hall was last period, and the class in mention was before lunch. Around midnight, I slipped into some dark clothing, packed up a simple toy night vision goggles, which Is all I need. You can gain weak night vision if you eat train yourself and eat a diet consisting of a lot of beta carrotine.I got my lock picks, and my high jump boots, which I made myself. It's the boots that look somewhat like foot tall stilts, and you can hop up and down on them very skillfully. My locker is on the top floor, three stories up. My school has cameras, and they're easy to spot, so I know where they aren't. The garage entrance, which leads into the kitchen, for instance. It took me about a half hour to pick the lock and get inside the kitchen. I put on my night vision glasses, and headed towards the staircase, taking about 10 steps every minute, because the cameras are pretty cheap, so they won't detect all that much movement. I tryed to avoid the camera's eyeshot, and the janitor's office, because he sometimes pulls all nighters, or so i'd heard. The main staircase was right by my locker, but it was noisy to walk up, and it has about 6 cameras on it. the only staircase that allows me to go by my locker without going by the main staircase is close to the janitor's office, though. I went down the hallway which it was in, and I saw the lights were on in the janitor's office. I sputtered out a quiet SHIT, and i the quiet chattering from within slowly stopped. The janitor heard me. I went splinter cell and hid in the shadows between two locker banks that were out of his eyeshot, and he fortunately didn't see me. I got up the staircase, and to my locker. I fumbled with the lock in the dark, and Heard someone walking up the stairs. I grabbed my backpack, and flipped up the springs on my high jump boots, and ran like hell for the main staircase, which was the only exit. I was so fucking scared that I actually jumped off the railing, skipping half a flight, and landed somewhat safeley, bouncing up another seven feet. I hid behind some potted plants, and he didn't see me. I waited an hour, hightailed it out of the garage, and got home in a hurry. I turned out to have pulled a muscle in my ankle really hard, so I couldn't walk without limping for a half a month. Good things to use for school night ops:
Night vision- chances are the school has the lights off.
Lock picks- the school WILL be locked down. find where the exits are, and if they are pickable, alarms, etc.
Dark clothing- pitch black is best.
Various apparatuses, because if you need to jump off of something, or hide in an awkward way, that's how you're going to do it.
Small, quiet transport- Razor scooters, skateboard are the best. I myself use shoes with the rollerblades that pop out. For one that you Can't carry on you like a scooter or board, hide it outside the exit you will use.
You need to know how to move slowly, and absolutely silently. If you cannot be silent though, remember:
It is less suspicous to hear a quick semiloud noise than to hear a series of long quiet ones.
|
|
#279
 2004-08-30, 06:52
|
SmartTart 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The only thing about night vision is that if a bright light suddenly turns on, i've read that it causes
like a giant white spot and they are basically ruined. Cops im sure will shine there batmobile
spotlight on you if you're seen... lol. be careful and its ok though.
|
|
#280
 2004-08-30, 18:20
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'd definitely like to make an investment in nightvision goggles. Even Generation I would be nice. The ability to see infrared would be invaluable, one could mark locations by using IR beacons (cheaply made), see IR security lasers (the tips of them, anyways), and of course see just fine in low light situations.
|
|
#281
 2004-08-30, 20:19
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
so i got my auto jigglers today.. =) hope they work..
btw. that magnet thing...doesn't work
|
|
#282
 2004-08-30, 22:22
|
bpizzle 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
tonight is monday night, school starts on thursday. i want to make the most of my last few summer nights and go out on a few missions, hopefully to just have fun and maybe find some cool things. my main objective is to learn more about my neighborhood; spots to hide, spots not to hide, escape routes, etc. i have a list of tools ready, i was wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what else i will need.
-dark colored clothing
-gloves
-flashlight
-knife
-letherman tool (with a knife, pliers, screwdrives, and more all built in)
-some fireworks
-lighter
-binoculars
thats all i have. i plan on just wandering around my neighborhood (not very close to my house), trying to find unlocked cars or garbage cans to blow up. any suggestions are appreciated.
jamgo 2004-08-31 01:42 retired knows exactly what hes talkin about.
so retired.. have u tried porcelin back in ur days?
and the size of porcelin compared to a hatchet, hammer, or anything is way smaller and quieter.. just shut up about ducttape method and about smashin with a hammer... just try porcelin
just goto an auto wrecker yard and smash a few windows if ur to pussy to do it at night somewhere and u think we are all wrong about sayin it dont make a noise
and the porcelin shatters the whole window but theres a lining on the window that keeps the window in place so u can just push the window in.. the only noise that is being made is the glass falling
|
|
#283
 2004-08-31, 01:53
|
CarbonB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Why not just go buy an emergency hammer they make for cars to break glass under water.
I am sure that is it basically the same thing and can break regular pane windows.
|
|
#284
 2004-08-31, 02:52
|
retired 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by CarbonB:
Why not just go buy an emergency hammer they make for cars to break glass under water.
I am sure that is it basically the same thing and can break regular pane windows. Not sure what your talking about Carbon but the tool I'm describing is very inexpensive,small, and a explainable tool to have in your possesion.
Like I said I'm unsure as to what your referring to, but look at it this way.
A tiny little tool compared to a hammer for the same purpose and result can simplify the task at hand
As a footnote there are many various types of glass and the homeowner or business owner needs to consider what they are needing before deciding the type to use. Insulation, security, cost-effectiveness, etc, etc.
So there is no simple answer to decide how to protect against breakage, but there is an answer as to what is the most common. So don't go crazy finding out all methods, just keep it simple and realize what are the most common types used and available.
After someone realizes just how effective a simple twist of a flat blade screwdriver or the better Spring loaded center punch is, maybe they will design a better way to thwart these attempts. They havent yet.
|
|
#285
 2004-08-31, 20:13
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
For breaking glass, emergecy responders carry some sort of spring-loaded penlike thing.
Like this: window punches
[This message has been edited by Run Screaming (edited 08-31-2004).]
jamgo 2004-08-31 20:19 seems cool but when it hits the window how much sound will it make?
|
|
#286
 2004-08-31, 21:10
|
CarbonB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
What I am talking about is a small hammer about 8 inches long. When you are trapped
underwater the pressure doesn't allow you to open the door.
So they invented a hammer that operates I guess with a spring and punches out the window underwater. They are sold in any hardware store.
|
|
#287
 2004-08-31, 23:42
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I don't see many scenarios where breaking a window is necessary. Even if it is, you probably have the right tool for the job attached to your arm.
Seriously, wrap cloth around your elbow and break the window. Or just kick/punch through the window (wear a glove naturally if you punch). If you're breaking windows, chances are the area is empty anyhow. If it isn't and you aren't using a glass cutter, you're putting yourself at major risk.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 08-31-2004).]
|
|
#288
 2004-09-02, 02:17
|
The Sex Turnip 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc8.jpg">http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfu n/misc8.jpg" width="90" height="90</A>
<A HREF="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks3.jpg">http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumf un/sucks3.jpg" width="90" height="90</A>
oh wait
[This message has been edited by The Sex Turnip (edited 09-02-2004).]
|
|
#289
 2004-09-02, 22:41
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
NO this tread is to good to die its gonna live to bee 500
|
|
#290
 2004-09-04, 08:09
|
ih827 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
YEA i know lets post past jobs that weve done without incriminating information
|
|
#291
 2004-09-05, 17:41
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
::silent bump::
|
|
#292
 2004-09-05, 19:36
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
There's a couple reason why there aren't any op stories:
One is that school is starting back up, which cuts into almost everyone's schedule on BI. It also means more people out and about at night since people are getting reaquainted and the parties
are getting more frequent.
Two is that the weather is cooling down, and only the hardcore want to do ops on cold nights. Plus there's snow which will hit a lot of places soon, leaving foot prints all over.
|
|
#293
 2004-09-06, 02:54
|
rumman619 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well I may be going on one tomorrow night. Depending on if my friend can get here. The plan is camp out in the woods use that as a base. If we get separated or chased and have to split up we can meet back there. It also gives me and him a great excuse to be out all night. About half a mile away I end up fucking over this one guy's garden (ya real cool...) but I've been doing it since my 1st night opp. Then I am going to check out some peoples sheds see if they have anything that might be worth a damn. We will then be going down about 2 miles going along a quite road but we will be sticking in the woods. Then around 3:00am we will then scout out some promising looking cars and sheds. 1st go to the sheds get what we can out of them but it's like an Objective B. Our main objective is the cars. We don't want to attract too much attention so we will be only going into cars that are unlocked. Which might be most of them. The neighborhood is pretty quite and safe. One of the advantages of living near the county line is that I can go and do opps freely half a mile away and not have to worry about the police report thing showing up in the county paper. The people in the neighborhood are upper-class and should have something of value in the cars. I'll keep you up dated if I am able to do it or not tomorrow night. Right now it's not looking to good. Since its kind of getting slow here some one should start with posting some of their past opps, like someone said.
|
|
#294
 2004-09-06, 03:17
|
starhackt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
There's a couple reason why there aren't any op stories:
One is that school is starting back up, which cuts into almost everyone's schedule on BI. It also means more people out and about at night since people are getting reaquainted and the parties are getting more frequent.
Two is that the weather is cooling down, and only the hardcore want to do ops on cold nights. Plus there's snow which will hit a lot of places soon, leaving foot prints all over. Exactly... but also it costs more money to do them in the winter because most people have gear thats black...not white... so then they have to buy more gear....might just be me though too :-D
|
|
#295
 2004-09-06, 17:14
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Light (almost white) khakis and a white to light gray sweater work great in the snow. Won't solve footprints though. About the only things you can do to remedy that are to sled on downhill areas (roll up sleds), wear sacks around your shoes, cram into a different size shoe, or just avoid snow altogether.
|
|
#296
 2004-09-06, 20:59
|
rumman619 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'd love to do an opp in the winter and I most likely will as long as there isn't too much snow. I have a complete set of winter camo but if I am going to leave footprints in the snow it's basically pointless. Any type of print is bad in my book. Has anyone thought of using snowshoes?
|
|
#297
 2004-09-06, 21:54
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I had considered making my own pair and using them. My concern isn't really leaving specific tracks but rather leading a trail. I'd have to find a place from my house to another area where there is no snow.
In light snow, one trick I use is to walk on the outsides of my feet as to leave a small print, make my shoe size indistinguishable, and leave less tred marks. Other tricks I've learned is to walk on
rocks, fences, and anything else as much as possible to stay out of the snow. The obvious downside to all of these is that I can't move as fast as normal - which isn't too big of a deal considering there shouldn't be anyone after me in the first place.
|
|
#298
 2004-09-08, 01:31
|
lynxtor2004 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
(moved this to the night op thread to stop assholes from bitching)
Oh yeah, and I don't consider myself a "1337 ninja" or anything, calm the fuck down, I'm just fucking posting an account of a night op.
MY FIRST NIGHT OP
By Lynxtor age 4
(and by 4 I mean 16)
On this night, the 7th of September 2004, after reading the Night Ops thread, I decided to go out on a night op of my own, to the elementary school I once attended. My goal was to get into a classroom, write some shit on the blackboard (I KNOW this defeats the purpose of not leaving a trace, but I wanted to do something ienteresting), and then get the fuck out of there.
I started off by walking to the school. I wanted to get into the school via a side entrance, but unfortunately there was a rather well lit tennis court there (read: floodlights) with some chaps playing there. Hence, I decided to sneak into the main entrance (this was around 9 PM so there wasn't anyone watching). I snuck around the side of the school, trying not to make any noise (but of course I did, I was wearing standard running shoes which was loud as fuck when walking on dirt) and avoiding light. After trying to pick the lock of one of the classrooms and failing, I went to another classroom and attempted to pick its lock.
By this point I was getting sick of trying to pick the fucking locks, so I decided to look around the windows. Now, these classrooms were lined all around the sides with windows, around 20 per wall, so one of them was bound to be unlocked.
Well, not quite. But I found a window that was only half-locked (it used a shitty lever to keep the windows locked), allowing me to half open the window and push open the lock with a pair of scissors.
Success... I had entry... I walked straight over to the blackboard and wrote with some conveniently located chalk: (if I remember correctly)
"HOLY SHIT!!
YOU'VE BEEN NIGHT-OPPED!
(I DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING, I SWEAR)
LOVE, LYNX"
I also wrote the quadratic formula on the board for no reason.
Then I got the fuck out of there (I didn't take anything) and went home. The night op was a complete SUCCESS -- The End.
I R 1337
2004-09-08 02:45
Okay, its in the right thread now. Fucking congratulations, you're still a dumbass.
|
|
#299
 2004-09-08, 03:14
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by lynxtor2004:
(moved this to the night op thread to stop assholes from bitching)
Oh yeah, and I don't consider myself a "1337 ninja" or anything, calm the fuck down, I'm just fucking posting an account of a night op.
MY FIRST NIGHT OP
By Lynxtor age 4
(and by 4 I mean 16)
On this night, the 7th of September 2004, after reading the Night Ops thread, I decided to go out on a night op of my own, to the elementary school I once attended. My goal was to get into a classroom, write some shit on the blackboard (I KNOW this defeats the purpose of not leaving a trace, but I wanted to do something ienteresting), and then get the fuck out of there.
I started off by walking to the school. I wanted to get into the school via a side entrance, but unfortunately there was a rather well lit tennis court there (read: floodlights) with some chaps playing there. Hence, I decided to sneak into the main entrance (this was around 9 PM so there wasn't anyone watching). I snuck around the side of the school, trying not to make any noise (but of course I did, I was wearing standard running shoes which was loud as fuck when walking on dirt) and avoiding light. After trying to pick the lock of one of the classrooms and failing, I went to another classroom and attempted to pick its lock.
By this point I was getting sick of trying to pick the fucking locks, so I decided to look around the windows. Now, these classrooms were lined all around the sides with windows, around 20 per wall, so one of them was bound to be unlocked.
Well, not quite. But I found a window that was only half-locked (it used a shitty lever to keep the windows locked), allowing me to half open the window and push open the lock with a pair of scissors.
Success... I had entry... I walked straight over to the blackboard and wrote with some conveniently located chalk: (if I remember correctly)
"HOLY SHIT!!
YOU'VE BEEN NIGHT-OPPED!
(I DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING, I SWEAR)
LOVE, LYNX"
I also wrote the quadratic formula on the board for no reason.
Then I got the fuck out of there (I didn't take anything) and went home. The night op was a complete SUCCESS -- The End. hey dont diss that shit its funny i wish i could do that http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
lol and u coulda took something http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif like a stapler
|
|
#300
 2004-09-08, 03:29
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm going to night op in the winter. Who cares about foot prints? Wear a shitty old shoe or
something. Plus, most people shovel their driveways... there, almost no foot prints. Just wear
grey to blend the black of night w/the snow better.
|
|
#301
 2004-09-08, 05:33
|
lynxtor2004 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by I R 1337:
Okay, its in the right thread now. Fucking congratulations, you're still a dumbass. Do the world a favour and shut the fuck up. I had nothing against you beforehand, so why do you now take it upon yourself to say shit about me for no fucking reason? Quit being such a crybaby sore bitch and get a fucking life. At least I contributed something to the forum other than a plethora of abuse. (Yes I realise I just contributed a plethora of abuse myself, but I was defending myself so... eat shit http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif)
[This message has been edited by lynxtor2004 (edited 09-08-2004).]
|
|
#302
 2004-09-08, 22:49
|
I R 1337 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If you weren't so god damn stupid I wouldn't have been so mean. This is how you fucking sound:
"lolzors i just pwned teh skool!i wrot cuss wordz on teh chalkbord!im so kool.im the next solid snake!!1!1rofl omg"
Go eat shit? Awww, did I hurt your fragile emotions?
And get a life? Thats quite the statement, coming from some nerd bragging to an online forum about how he broke into a school and WROTE ON A CHALKBOARD...with CHALK!!
Jesus Christ! That is so awesome of you! That would have taken them a whole....30 seconds to wipe off. Maybe a minute. Then another 10 seconds to realise whoever did it is an idiot and then they simply go on with their day.
Grow up.
|
|
#303
 2004-09-09, 03:21
|
lynxtor2004 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Good work, you just proved that you're a tightass. I wasn't even trying to show off, read the post carefully and you'll see that never once did I actually state that what I did was "cool" or "1337" or otherwise awesome. Totse is all about sharing information, and that's what I did. The only information you're sharing is that fact that you are a sore bitch. I know what I did wasn't especially awesome or cool or any of that, but that doesn't justify any of the shit you're spouting.
|
|
#304
 2004-09-09, 12:37
|
needmoney 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I dont understand why there are so many fights on totse. just coz your allowed dosnt mean you should. we're supposed to act as a community not a bunch of rioters. stop fighting and be nice. lynx, i liked your idea it was funny and probaly spooked them. "I didnt take any thing..." they probaly spent all day checking if anything got nicked. well done mate. At least he had the bollocks to do it.
|
|
#305
 2004-09-09, 19:26
|
I R 1337 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You're right, I am a "tightass". But hell, I probably would have done the same shit that you did if
given the chance. What I'm saying is that what you did WAS stupid. Think about it, it wasn't even late enough to be dark enough to be safe. There were people OUTSIDE nearby.
You risked getting arrested for...what would they charge for that...well, probably some form of unlawful entry, vandalism (stupid, but they would do that) and probably some other charges as well. All you accomplished was writing on a chalkboard. You didn't even walk away with anything you could sell or use. Think about the consequences for your actions before you do them.
To whoever asked: Why do we fight on Totse so much? Simple, because its fun.
|
|
#306
 2004-09-10, 01:35
|
Booster67 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Okay, this is Cobracars. I am now booster67- not, as you call it, a noob.
I thought I add my two-cense to this thead. Firstly, breaking into a school, writing shit on the board proves two things about you: 1) You are a true dumb ass brat. Who the fuck breaks into a goddamn school???
2) Do you think any idiot can pick locks? Do you relize when you learned to pick your first 1-pin lock, that you arn't the first to learn. Everyone can pick a basic 5 pin tumbler. So what? And you can't even do that right, do you think if some dumbshit could get in by picking, that the guy who makes locks would still have a job? Good christ.
Its not the movies, it takes pratice, a basic pick, and a tension wrench.
And about 99% of idiots on totse are just bullshit. If you come here to get advice, your in to be fucked, ha. Don't you think that any plan ever made by these freaks, if ever actually carried out, would be pratically impossible. Not any dumb fuck can just steal cars, or break in and be profitable.
|
|
#307
 2004-09-10, 21:49
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Lockpicking is hard, I agree, but the pointr of night ops is to have fun at night, its YOUR choice
what you do. Some people like stealing stuff, it makes them feel good, for others simply writing on
a board will do, maybe its a little simple, but its still funny. I myself would have made it a little
more permenant, e.g. permenant pen on white boards. People do do this shit, its not a joke and a
lie. Of course there are a few sad people ho go "oh I broke into a bank and sprayed all the gold
silver to fuck them up" but their easy to notice and ignore.
|
|
#308
 2004-09-14, 21:21
|
Noriyuke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
A well Deserved BUMP
|
|
#309
 2004-09-15, 17:33
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by I R 1337:
If you weren't so god damn stupid I wouldn't have been so mean. That's classic.
|
|
#310
 2004-09-19, 03:53
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i havent night opped in a while
its actually very profiting
|
|
#311
 2004-09-19, 19:46
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by OminousMan390:
I am going out tonight.. if anyone cares to read a report I'd be glad to post it. Of course, hypothetically. http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#312
 2004-09-19, 20:22
|
Becky999 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
oki some idiot who lives on my street who has no security whatsoever has left a massive toolbox
full of gear and two bee suits outside his house... http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif im good for
tonight...hypothetically of course http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#313
 2004-09-19, 20:36
|
OminousMan390 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hypothetically, Me and my team went out last night and it was a success. Most of our Ops are for
revenge purposes, so I made sure we swung by my old Geography teachers house and threw
some bits of Porcelein(Sp?) through her car windows, then just to rub it in I broke out her left tail
light with my Mag-light.
I don't like to steal on my Ops if I don't have to. But we we're broke so we decided to hit a few cars.
The first one we hit was locked, so we went to the next one, and found that the passenger side was open. We got about 2 bucks worth of change from the console, and a bottle of Axe, which we might use for some kind of blowtorch later. I wasn't prepared to remove any car stereo's and have never liked doing it anyway.
The second car we hit was about a mile away, and we got a better score. We found a little over $50 in the glove box, and a few nice pens in the console.
The next couple we hit we're locked, and had alarms so I just said fuck it.
As we we're fleecing the next one, we found a cell phone, which I had no desire to take and niether did the other guys. Then it hit me.. We'd forgotten to check trunks. I popped the trunk of this one, and it was completely worth it. There was some kind of Travel bag filled with toothpaste and razors, then I found a little over $20.
I decided not to risk our good fortune and just hit one more car. It was about 3:30 in the morning, and I found some loose change, and some single dollars in the console, probably for a toll booth or something, we got about 7 bucks from that car.
We decided to end it and counted up the money, and came out with about 80 bucks, a bottle of Axe and some pens, which wasn't bad for 4 cars.
Almost got caught once or twice but we got away.
Oh yeah and this was all hypothetical, of course.
|
|
#314
 2004-09-21, 17:00
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Please stop hypothetically bumping this thread. Thank you.
|
|
#315
 2004-09-21, 22:37
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
why kill the thread
|
|
#316
 2004-09-21, 23:03
|
ilovemilkmen 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
why did this thread die. It was popular for a long time and it wasnt a bad read
|
|
#317
 2004-09-22, 00:43
|
PyroNichols 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok lets say i managed to get keys to soem guys house i know him and he gose out of town evernow and then. Im not sure when he is going out next but my friend who was there with me has been inside with the dude and we now the house plan, im not sure when he is gogin but when he dose me and my friend will (hypothictly) rob him blind.
We will take nothign big adn stick to the rules of we shaire what we get. should we go out in the night and have almost no heat or in the day with lots of heat ( but as they say alot of heat is no heat , like who would suspect 2 guys enterign a house useing the key ?)
[This message has been edited by PyroNichols (edited 09-22-2004).]
|
|
#318
 2004-09-22, 00:47
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PyroNichols:
lets say I've manages to get the keys to a guys house he gose out of town everyone and then rob him blind? night? Tools needed? ect help and ill be sure to update you on what happens Go for it. But wear gloves. Use a mousse with tar in it so it keeps your hair on your head instead of it on the floor and leaving evidence. Also, wear a mask. Please. Watch out for an alarm system.
|
|
#319
 2004-09-22, 00:52
|
HateBiscuit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Robbing cars is shitty... But i guess it's karma, right? :-p
|
|
#320
 2004-09-22, 00:56
|
PyroNichols 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hey thanks locc dogg i never thought or the hair gel thing
|
|
#321
 2004-09-22, 14:02
|
SuperPro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Let's say theoretically, someone went out tonight for a few hours exploring the neighborhood for
unlocked cars. They found a few cars unlocked with nothing really special(just change, a 2005
registration sticker, 7 tall coronas. battery charger, nothing really of use). But didn't use gloves..
although tried to whipe prints and didn't make it obvious he was in the car. Would there be a
chance of a police investigation? He tried removing any possible prints on door handles etc etc.
Towards the end of the adventuring. He was caught by a gangsta fella saying, "what you lookin in
my car for". The night ops guy luckly was on a bike and booked down the hill as fast as he could
on the bike and the guy seemed to have given up. The nightops guy through his bike over his
fence, opened his garage and went inside. He's now kind of freaked out. It was somewhat dark so
the 'catcher' would have only noticed his body construction and his bike. Should the nightops guy
keep off of that bike for a while, and lay low?
|
|
#322
 2004-09-22, 14:10
|
the d00d over there 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by SuperPro:
Let's say theoretically, someone went out tonight for a few hours exploring the neighborhood for unlocked cars. They found a few cars unlocked with nothing really special(just change, a 2005 registration sticker, 7 tall coronas. battery charger, nothing really of use). But didn't use gloves.. although tried to whipe prints and didn't make it obvious he was in the car. Would there be a chance of a police investigation? He tried removing any possible prints on door handles etc etc. Towards the end of the adventuring. He was caught by a gangsta fella saying, "what you lookin in my car for". The night ops guy luckly was on a bike and booked down the hill as fast as he could on the bike and the guy seemed to have given up. The nightops guy through his bike over his fence, opened his garage and went inside. He's now kind of freaked out. It was somewhat dark so the 'catcher' would have only noticed his body construction and his bike. Should the nightops guy keep off of that bike for a while, and lay low? Better safe than sorry i say :/
Do night ops regulars recommend anything to eat or drink before going out on a mission like an energy or caffinated drink or something. Or is that a bad idea?
[This message has been edited by the d00d over there (edited 09-22-2004).]
|
|
#323
 2004-09-22, 21:18
|
PyroNichols 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I woudl recommend it but besure to have your piss befor you get the the part where you need to be quite/ befor you start on the main part of the misson dew to the fact you dont wanna be creepgin around in some dudes house when you need to piss, i dotn think he would to kind of you stealgin his shit than takign a piss in his apple juice,
also i have a probleme i have to many pussy firends that dont want/have the guts to go on a night ops mission with me so im stuck solo for now http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
anyways for the guy with the fingerprints and the bike who ran away : if you never stoel anythgin most likely he wont report it unless hi is a prick / and conserign the prints if yours are on file and they check for them you coudl very well be fucked but if their not your in the clear and remember the police arenot aloud to get your print without a warent and dont let them trick you into anytign if your caught just deny it and get a lawyer
|
|
#324
 2004-09-22, 21:56
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
When I was a barkeep, there was a breakin and a lot of the good liquor and wine was stolen. Long story short: a probable inside job. The cops dusted for prints, but didn't even take mine! The cop told me that the collecting of prints in something like that was just a formality and probably wouldn't lead to anything.
I think that the more valuable the item, the more seriously they take it. If it's reported at all.
|
|
#325
 2004-09-23, 05:55
|
SuperPro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PyroNichols:
I woudl recommend it but besure to have your piss befor you get the the part where you need to be quite/ befor you start on the main part of the misson dew to the fact you dont wanna be creepgin around in some dudes house when you need to piss, i dotn think he would to kind of you stealgin his shit than takign a piss in his apple juice,
also i have a probleme i have to many pussy firends that dont want/have the guts to go on a night ops mission with me so im stuck solo for now http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
anyways for the guy with the fingerprints and the bike who ran away : if you never stoel anythgin most likely he wont report it unless hi is a prick / and conserign the prints if yours are on file and they check for them you coudl very well be fucked but if their not your in the clear and remember the police arenot aloud to get your print without a warent and dont let them trick you into anytign if your caught just deny it and get a lawyer
I was placed in a juvenil facility for 3 days two years ago(got informal probation instead of court), and I believe I was finger printed. I'm a minor, if this isn't my big mistake. I'll make sure to take proper precautions next time.
[This message has been edited by SuperPro (edited 09-23-2004).]
|
|
#326
 2004-09-23, 09:25
|
TheTroubleMayn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I went threw a guys car tonight found pot,a bong ,some pipes,some motorola talkabouts and a cd
collection... the only problem im worried about is i touched the door knob da ys before.. will the
cops take prints???
|
|
#327
 2004-09-23, 11:05
|
SuperPro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheTroubleMayn:
I went threw a guys car tonight found pot,a bong ,some pipes,some motorola talkabouts and a cd collection... the only problem im worried about is i touched the door knob da ys before.. will the cops take prints??? I'd worry more about him kicking your ass somehow than him telling the police.
|
|
#328
 2004-09-23, 13:34
|
the d00d over there 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Everyone post the most profitable night op you have ever been on.
I myself have yet to go on one so, oh well http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
|
|
#329
 2004-09-23, 23:27
|
SmarterThanYou 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by the d00d over there:
Do night ops regulars recommend anything to eat or drink before going out on a mission like an energy or caffinated drink or something. Or is that a bad idea? I would say something lightly caffeinated, this way, you are not falling asleep, and you are not going phsyco, and making noise.
|
|
#330
 2004-09-23, 23:39
|
142536 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by the d00d over there:
<b>Do night ops regulars recommend anything to eat or drink before going out on a mission like an energy or caffinated drink or something. Or is that a bad idea?<b> I know that I surely do. Energy bars work great, and so do caffeinated drinks--Anything but soda though, simply because soda (while caffeinated) is noisy when you go to open the bottle most of the time. Coffee and strong teas are my sort of thing when it comes to drinks, in a small thermos.
|
|
#331
 2004-09-24, 02:03
|
TrailRider 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
half blue if you are still on I would love to join your crew. Totally not a pussy, I live for adrenaline.
E-mail me at trailridingirl86@aol.com or IM me. I'm new to st. petersburg and anxious for some
excitement.
i went on some sweet night ops in pennsylvania. I got into a shed one night and I got a louisville slugger. Wooden bats rock! and lots of other sweet stuff as well. I got a real sweet street bike one time. 'specialized' 20" ruby red fast as all hell http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif fucked it up when i painted it black though http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
[This message has been edited by TrailRider (edited 09-24-2004).]
|
|
#332
 2004-09-24, 14:05
|
TrailRider 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok so I have a plan for saturday. I have a pair of (mens) black wrangler boots, a craftsman multitool, a flashlight, olive green slacks, a black t-shirt, a compression bandage (for my chest-morph my identity(look masculine) and keep my tittys from getting in the way when im trying to jump over thing or crawl under them) I have a bookbag and a dark purple bike, as well as my national wild turkey federation multi tool and an allen wrench set. I just have to figure out where I'm going to go. I'll scope it out tonight and I'll go saturday. woohoo first weekend alone in my new town http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#333
 2004-09-25, 01:39
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
What is it about night ops that makes you feel so alive? I love going out all dressed up in camo
and blacked out around my neighborhood. I live in the hills so I can go up on hills where there is
only cows and no houses and walk over them to the houses on the other side of the hill totally
undetected with no real danger of being detected. I'm planning to go on a night op over a
mountain and into the city just for the thrill of it. I'll be packing heat of course incase I run into
some crazy ass animal that wants to start some shit.
|
|
#334
 2004-09-25, 02:50
|
Cristahl_Indy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Emperor:
Sup,
ashtray is probably the best choice for change, and then the electronics.. check under the arm rest and in the glove compartment too, behind the back seats if you can, its an easy way to access the trunk.. you can find that in neons
For siphening I just use my mouth, a bucket, and a tube.. and do it the old fashioned way, you can carry bottled water to spit it o ut too
Another interesting thing about neons (and most likely other slightly older cars) is that with the manually operated windows you generaly can "push them down" using just your hands, enough to where you can unlock the door. this avoids the whole sound thing (breaking glass) and requires no tools.
|
|
#335
 2004-09-25, 03:02
|
TheTroubleMayn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Im going on another night op tonight..ill just wear a blue tshirt... i have real tan skin from
tanning..and a blue beanie...and some running shoes.. and some football gloves
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif I'll pry just go threw some cars,the only problem is the last car I
went threw the guy is on the lookout
|
|
#336
 2004-09-25, 03:39
|
TrailRider 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PvtVVitt:
What is it about night ops that makes you feel so alive? I love going out all dressed up in camo and blacked out around my neighborhood. I live in the hills so I can go up on hills where there is only cows and no houses and walk over them to the houses on the other side of the hill totally undetected with no real danger of being detected. I'm planning to go on a night op over a mountain and into the city just for the thrill of it. I'll be packing heat of course incase I run into some crazy ass animal that wants to start some shit. Beiong out at night, with the danger of getting caught is a great adrenaline rush. Even better in the woods-everything russles http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#337
 2004-09-25, 04:10
|
HateBiscuit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
quote:Originally posted by TheTroubleMayn:
i have real tan skin from tanning.. You sure you don't have tan skin from reading a newspaper? FUCKING IDIOT.
|
|
#338
 2004-09-25, 04:14
|
TheTroubleMayn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Swim says Its just tan from outside...
|
|
#339
 2004-09-25, 06:22
|
|
Regular
|
|
The Temples of Syrinx
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Plan: Go into a 24hr laundry mat and steal/disable the video cameras, then steal the money out of the change machine.
Equiptment: Marksman M2004 w/ laser sight and maybe a suppressor, full camo body suit and face mask, lockpicks, and a Fury boot knife.
Reasons: The guy who owns the laundry mat is a slum lord who builds apartments in nice neighborhoods and then rents out the rooms to "gangsters", crack heads, and drug dealers. So his cameras will be destroied, his money stolen, and his BMW 745's windows shot out.
This is not revenge, it's punishment (lol)
Disclaimer: This story is completly fictitious, nothing like this was done or will be done by me or anyone I know.
[This message has been edited by 5.56 SS109 (edited 09-25-2004).]
|
|
#340
 2004-09-25, 09:18
|
the d00d over there 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by 5.56 SS109:
Plan: Go into a 24hr laundry mat and steal/disable the video cameras, then steal the money out of the change machine.
Equiptment: Marksman M2004 w/ laser sight and maybe a suppressor, full camo body suit and face mask, lockpicks, and a Fury boot knife.
Reasons: The guy who owns the laundry mat is a slum lord who builds apartments in nice neighborhoods and then rents out the rooms to "gangsters", crack heads, and drug dealers. So his cameras will be destroied, his money stolen, and his BMW 745's windows shot out.
This is not revenge, it's punishment (lol)
Disclaimer: This story is completly fictitious, nothing like this was done or will be done by me or anyone I know.
[This message has been edited by 5.56 SS109 (edited 09-25-2004).] Good onya and good luck! http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#341
 2004-09-25, 20:00
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Full moon is nearing, so to keep with my tradition I'm going to be doing a lot of "activity" this coming week.
With the weather changing, the nights here are cold so I'll be wearing thermal undergarments beneath my camo.
I'm probably going to spend all of tonight performing recon at my usual haunts to make sure they are still safe to station at and fall back to incase of pursuit. I'll also be doing basic planning and recon of any areas of interest for the nights to come.
Currently, everyone seems to have their RVs and trailors out and about for hunting seasons and final camping trips. That's good. You all should keep the same thing in mind. Even a lot of people from the larger urban areas travel to go hunting this time of year. These things are mobile treasure chests during fall and winter.
As for equipment, I'll be taking a field knife, leatherman tool, and mini AA flashlight - all on my web belt. I will also carry a small black rucksack with a hand drill in it, along with some pillow cases to muffle any "prizes" I come across.
|
|
#342
 2004-09-25, 20:21
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Once when I was in army cadets I expected the whether to be cold and wet so i wore a t-shirt a
jumper a kagool and my DPM smock on the top. That night I've never run so much we were doing
a search in a field for items, we forced tabbed down a hill then had to run up the fucker while
under heavy fire. Jesus I sware I'm never wearing that much clothing again.
This is relevent because, unless you going on a stake-out don't wear thermals or lots of layers. You might get compromised and have to run like a madman.
|
|
#343
 2004-09-25, 20:33
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by TheFallenAngel:
This is relevent because, unless you going on a stake-out don't wear thermals or lots of layers. You might get compromised and have to run like a madman. Yes, I am fully aware of that, it is a lesson Ia learned long ago during hunting: If you leave comfortable, you are over dressed.
It'll be a little chilly moving out, but as I begin to wander around it should be just right. If I overheat during a chase I can always expose my wrists and ankles for a while.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 09-25-2004).]
|
|
#344
 2004-09-26, 03:11
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey guys, tonight is homecoming night for one of my high school's enemy schools, so I'm going to sneak around my neighborhood to try to find some parties and wreak anarchy and possibly steal some booze. It'll be in a suburban area, so my op will probably consist of infiltrating a lot of tight enclosures, but that doesn't really bother me because if special forces and shit can sneak past enemy guards I'm pretty sure I can sneak through a sleepy neighborhood.
I've been doing ops for about 3 years now, but I'm a little nervous because I haven't been on one in a couple of weeks.
|
|
#345
 2004-09-26, 06:43
|
bpizzle 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i hypothetically went on my 2nd op tonight, around the neighborhood a few minutes from
mine...figured out some routes, find meeting/hiding places, checked out some cars. i found a few
dollars, some cool speakers that are portable, a cell phone, a bike lock to which i figured out the
combo, a diamond knife sharpening stone, a few sockets and some drill bits. i'd say it was quite
successful, i dig the speakers and the bike lock. the phone is a motorola by verizon, when i turn it
on i get the dude's name and number...any way to erase all this data so i could possibly sell this
on ebay? thanks.
Psychlonic 2004-09-26 08:01 My recon operation went well.
I stumbled upon some kinda hoe down going on near the outskirts of town. I never got close, but I could hear the country music blarring and people laughing and yelling.
I considered introducing my own brand of partying to them but dismissed the idea. After all, this was recon and I was supposed to be nonexistant.
Meanwhile, some incompetant police officer was playing musical parking lots, switching observation areas every so often. He wasn't very good at watching anything besides moving cars though. Due to his sloppiness, I dubbed him "Officer Rat-Shit".
Anyways, the real fun begins tomorrow. With some luck, Officer Rat-Shit will be on the job again and not someone better.
|
|
#346
 2004-09-26, 18:11
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Cristahl_Indy:
Another interesting thing about neons (and most likely other slightly older cars) is that with the manually operated windows you generaly can "push them down" using just your hands, enough to where you can unlock the door. this avoids the whole sound thing (breaking glass) and requires no tools. Neons are real common as rentals.
|
|
#347
 2004-09-26, 21:14
|
Mischief4Me 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i went on a night op...
i was running recon one a lager op ive been
planing and i came across a small shed well
i took a peek and i saw a box of latex gloves. i want those gloves! so i came back at about 10pm (yeah its ealry for a night op but i only had one goal)
i brang my pussy neighbor with me , the dumbass showed up in a white and yellow sweater!
my plan was to ethier shoot out all the lights with my trusty slingshot or find the power box and shut off all the lights ( the place around it lit up like a friggin x-mas tree)
but my number 2 thought that the place was wired to the cops he is such a retard
i just walked up to the shed and took the gloves and walked away
i am happy any comments ideas ect on this op?
|
|
#348
 2004-09-27, 02:06
|
the d00d over there 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Mischief4Me:
i went on a night op...
i was running recon one a lager op ive been
planing and i came across a small shed well
i took a peek and i saw a box of latex gloves. i want those gloves! so i came back at about 10pm (yeah its ealry for a night op but i only had one goal)
i brang my pussy neighbor with me , the dumbass showed up in a white and yellow sweater!
my plan was to ethier shoot out all the lights with my trusty slingshot or find the power box and shut off all the lights ( the place around it lit up like a friggin x-mas tree)
but my number 2 thought that the place was wired to the cops he is such a retard
i just walked up to the shed and took the gloves and walked away
i am happy any comments ideas ect on this op?
Sounded just a tad unorganised http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif But you got away with it so its oka i guess....
Does anyone have anyideas to et past roller shutters or should I just skip these houses alltogether (if all the doors are locked)
|
|
#349
 2004-09-27, 02:17
|
Santa Clause 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Wooo. Me and my friend did our first night op, OMG the energy you get and the feeling of being where your not supossed to be and shit...!
Anyways, It was our first so we came to my house and dressed in our dark blue cloethes and got the supplies and headed out.
It was about 8:45 when we left, we went out early cause we gots a curfew around here and cops will search us cause we looked suspisious as fuck.
Well we rode around on our bikes for a while looking for a nice dark neighborhood. We found this ally that was like pitch black and full of dogs and shit. ( they were behind fences :P) We decided we would try to get through the ally on foot to the end and back with out getting caught by the dogs.
So ALMOST made it, I forgot to close my eye when this flashlight came on and i was blinded and stepped on a huge rock that went flying. So that alerted the dogs and we were fucked.
Next we decided to pick up our bikes and head down to the local football field and try to gain entry and walk all the way up the bleachers with out getting caught by anyone.
We were lucky and the gates were not closed so just rode right on in there.
Well I was first to rine in there, and I noticed a camera right next to me look the opposite way! I was like SHIT and threw my bike over this small wall and jumped it , the camera was spinning my way and my friend was just about to hit it. So I took my battery outta my pocket, threw it against the fece to distract my friend. Thankfully he stopped right before the camera could see him , he looked where he heard the noise and saw the camera.
After that we hid out bike and began to walk to the stairs. Now here we run into alot of trouble. The stairs and bleachers are like aluminum and loud as fuck. We had to walk the up stairs really slowly and shit to not make alot of noise. Well my dumbshit friend forgot that his kickstand on his bike does not work and all of a sudden a REALLY REALLY lousd crash came from underneth the bleachers and the bike fellinto this glass thing making so much noise.
We bolted outta there, grabbed out bikes and took off.
After that, the dumbshit told me that there was another camera he did not tell me about that was right in front us on on the stairs looking at us!!
well, we rode close to my house and ditched our bikes in the bushes to try the ally again before we left.
We were walking toward the ally when we heard this fucking wiggers talkin bout they saw some bikes and were gonna jack em.
To make it short, we stopeed them, I found out i knew one of the people and they kinda followed us for a while. We were bout to get out bikes when one of the dumb fuckers pulled a blade on us and started to fucking run at me, as i was running i looked back and saw ALL of em had knives, I fucking grabbed the rest of my batterys and threw them behind me to try to slow em down or trip them, no prevail.
We ran to our bikes and finally got away.
!! wheeoo ! what a night.
Please comment on my story and give me tips on what not to do next time.
* the above is hypothetical* * none of it was true and is just as made up account*
|
|
#350
 2004-09-27, 06:12
|
JTI3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I already posted this in the forums, but nobody giv a shit about it, mostly becos they prefered instructions to make cheap drugs, no NV.
Anyways, here it goes, the first instruction set to make a cheap-ass but pretty reliable NV.
NV is the most wet dream of any night op (that, and stealin shit that really worth something) NV googles helps a lot in case of intense surveilance (when u cant use a flashlight)and recon, but they cost a lot, and most of u guys cant even buy a good pair of boots.
This is something a friend did. He found on eBay the 2 main components: a old iGlasses and a almost broken sony handicam. He got the iGlasses almost free becos they were a old model, and the handicam (wich was one of those that are vertical-shaped with supernightshot) just for 10$ cuz the tape writer/reader was fuck up (but the CCD, the LCD and the nightshot were working). So he just glued the handicam to the iglasses headset, and pluged them to the cam video out. The handicam was running of his own battery, but the iglasses needed a 9 volt battery to run properly. The nightshot has a good quality, but lacks a larger distance range becos of the cheap mid-range IR lamps of the camera. This is easy to solve with a IR lamp running of the 9volt batt (if you cant get it, u can made it with old IR bulbs from tv RC) Presto, the think works as fine as a proNV, just a little more heavy.
If you find those 2 things cheap, and you are done.
[This message has been edited by JTI3 (edited 09-27-2004).]
SephirothAngelus
2004-09-27 10:13
Well heres my most recent night ops story.
I got my full US military issue woodland camo on, black socks, my adidas running shoes that are mostly black/blue and have been sharpied over any brighter/reflective spots (and are a couple sizes too small, and were purchased long ago...no tracing me mwaha)
I charcoaled my entire face, my eyelids, ears, neck, everything. I did my hands too but ended up wearing black gloves instead.
So I left the house, bringing with me my multi-tool, vice grips, a bright as hell blue LED light (with 5 leds...ruins someones night vision immediately...and leaves a nice big spot in your vision for a few mins)
I went to my targets house, snuck into the yard easily, approached my target car, and attempted to break the window with a spark plug, and a socket wrench that I brought in place of a hammer. The window was duct taped over, but it did not break. I could NOT get it to break, no matter how hard I hit it. So I left, staying in the shadows as the neighborhood was just waking up for their morning routines, and the newspaper delivery van was going around. I wasn't seen or detected by anyone, including a woman walking to her car not 20 feet from me.
Pretty lame I know, but it was fun and something to do so late at night.
|
|
#351
 2004-09-27, 11:19
|
MoStWaNtEd47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey quick qustion here, I know how to pick door knobs very well under 1-2 minutes (or at least i
think thats good) but every time i try a deadbolt, i get the right combination but then as i turn the
lock, it stops half way and i cant turn it any more. Should this happen? I if it should what do I do to
get around it?
Thanks
-Joe
|
|
#352
 2004-09-27, 15:37
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Part II of my little moonlight adventure went extremely smooth.
I departed from my place at around midnight and proceeded to walk into town via the surrounding fields. After crossing a large irrigation ditch with a large plank set across it, I made my way across a small field to my first target.
The field was flooded (flood irrigation), so travel was slower than I was comfortable with. When I made it across and to the target's fence, I thought I heard a screen door open so I dropped to the ground, and landed on a bunch of short thissles! Well, I never figured out what it was but I heard the same noise again and hoped that if it was the door again, it was someone going back in.
I decided to take the other way around. I crossed a row of trees and entered another field, from which I ran towards a large shed. There I was able to scout my first target and plan. I crossed the nonlit street and entered a canvas "garage", which housed a rather nice hotrod. I made a mental note that if I ever got into car boosting I'd come back for it http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
So, back to the mission. I peeked out of the garage to my target. By now you probably wonder what the target is. It's a large, fully equipped RV. I ran towards it and to the door. Luckily, the door was on the opposite side of the house, so there was no one to see my playing around. I checked the door - unlocked. No surprise. I entered the place. I won't say what I did or if I took anything, but let's just say it was good enough to make me decided to do the rest of the targets another night.
I left the same way I came in with a rather big grin on my face, and no one had a clue that I was present. I didn't see Officer Rat-Shit, or any officer for that matter. Smooth as silk.
|
|
#353
 2004-09-27, 22:13
|
MoStWaNtEd47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Ok I have a question. I am about to enter a part of my school where they dont allow any students
and i want to find out why. They get really really mad when ever you ask them about it. It is on the
secong story of the HS and kinda looks likes this:
_____________________________
| | |
| | First Floor |
| | |
| ____________________|
| *** |
| Second Floor |
| |
______________________________
*** = point of entry
The school has the second floor a little farther back than the first floor so if you were looking out the window im going to enter through, you could see the roof. Now my problem is that i need to get on top of the roof to get into the building.
I dont want to use a ladder because they are way to bulky and too loud. I was thinking like a grappiling(sp?) hook, but im kinda a big guy and can not climb ropes. What is your opinion. There are no trees nearby and I could no find a ladder that could help me gain access to the roof. Im guessing that they just use aladdar to get on.
Our security system are very very good. It will make it really really hard for me to go though the halls and open doors. The windows have no security tho so i will gain entry though that thanks for your help
|
|
#354
 2004-09-28, 02:54
|
JTI3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yo SephirothAngelus, so wut car was it? I mean, it was a regular 20K or something big like a BMW?
|
|
#355
 2004-09-28, 03:38
|
ace of 5P4D3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
My night ops gear http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/0094.html#
-I have this exact vest and it is excellent, it is quiet and easy to store gear in http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/0106.html#
-Standard Boonie hat http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/0087.html#
-Flash Light has 3 dif color lenses stored in base. http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/0188.html#
-Basic long sleeved shirt.
For pants just get the bottoms to the shirt. Shoes are very important in night ops. I would not suggest boots they are heavy and loud, if you should want to escape from someone you want to be light, fast, and silent. You probably want a plain black sneaker too. I also have a small hunting pack that i can carry gear in if i need too, I have clips and i strap it tightly to my back to keep it quiet. try to keep everything light and simple and most importantly quiet. Try not to use you flash light either... you should allow your eyes to adjust to the dark.
|
|
#356
 2004-09-28, 12:42
|
the d00d over there 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Does anyone know of any ways to get past a chainlink fence other then climbing or boltcutters? Preferebly with light tools thanks.
|
|
#357
 2004-09-28, 22:31
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
One good way to get through a cyclone (chain link) fence is by digging a hole underneath the fence. The second is by using wire cutters to cut a slit in the fence. The third is that some fenced can be peeled from their posts by snipping the wires that hold it on and then just warping the fence and crawling under or stepping over.
The first method should only be used on tall fences when you have plenty of time and cover. The second should only be used if you can't climb the fence due to noise problems or the fence is simply unclimbable.
The third works in most cases, can be set back into place to eliminate evidence, but is rarely needed.
If possible, just climb the thing. Usually, if the fence is waist high and my backpack doesn't have fragile equipment in it, I just dive over the fence and roll into a prone position. You might consider that as well.
|
|
#358
 2004-09-30, 11:31
|
theblackdevil 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Bump What happend?
oh well now it will be seen/herd
|
|
#359
 2004-09-30, 17:58
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
One good way to get through a cyclone (chain link) fence is by digging a hole underneath the fence. The second is by using wire cutters to cut a slit in the fence. The third is that some fenced can be peeled from their posts by snipping the wires that hold it on and then just warping the fence and crawling under or stepping over.
The first method should only be used on tall fences when you have plenty of time and cover. The second should only be used if you can't climb the fence due to noise problems or the fence is simply unclimbable.
The third works in most cases, can be set back into place to eliminate evidence, but is rarely needed.
If possible, just climb the thing. Usually, if the fence is waist high and my backpack doesn't have
fragile equipment in it, I just dive over the fence and roll into a prone position. You might consider that as well. Go for the fence at the pole, that way it won't sag and rattle too much.
|
|
#360
 2004-10-01, 16:45
|
Aer0 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
so what excatly do u do on these?
ive sort of got a idea but not a good idea of what you do.
|
|
#361
 2004-10-01, 16:59
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aer0:
so what excatly do u do on these?
ive sort of got a idea but not a good idea of what you do. ...
|
|
#362
 2004-10-01, 17:13
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Run Screaming:
Go for the fence at the pole, that way it won't sag and rattle too much. That's never seemed to work for me. Usually the fences have tipped poles so I'm forced to grab the horizontal one as close to the pole as possible - which still creaks and sags. I suppose if you're lucky and everyone has "dome top" poles, that would be great.
|
|
#363
 2004-10-01, 21:39
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Went on my first night op last night well actually this morning but i got into 15 or so cars but the
only cash i found was a dollar but what i did get was some checks so any suggestions on what
exactly i should do with em without getting caught.
|
|
#364
 2004-10-01, 22:38
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Aer0:
so what excatly do u do on these?
ive sort of got a idea but not a good idea of what you do. Do whatever you want. That's the whole point. At night when everyone's asleep, you're wearing dark clothing, and you have a good plan/escape plan, you can do whatever you want.
|
|
#365
 2004-10-02, 00:00
|
Cybernetico 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I dunno if anyone pointed this out earlier but:
http://www.keyhole.com/
Use a different email to sign up for the trial whenever you need to do an op (if the trial has run out by then). Much more recent then the one from earlier in the thread (fall of last year). Sorry if it was already pointed out but I'm not reading all the way through
|
|
#366
 2004-10-02, 01:13
|
Resting_Bird 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm going on a night ops tonight, I hope to get lots of cars tonight.
J-15 2004-10-02 01:20 gonna do a Night Ops on a school. I'm gonna put dog crap everywhere. Yeah lame but give me a break I don't have good places to do it here. So I'm gonna recon the area before I go in. Any idea's I could use from such good people like you
|
|
#367
 2004-10-02, 01:23
|
Resting_Bird 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeah I really want to do something to my school and I live like half an hour walking but I dont know what to do.
|
|
#368
 2004-10-02, 03:28
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well my night got blown. I was almost there and the way I need to go to get there had construction workers there and it was 7:00 at night. They were in the trucks with the orange markers on. So I turned around. I guess I'ill try to tommorow.
|
|
#369
 2004-10-02, 03:48
|
ilovemilkmen 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Come on man. you guys are really starting to piss me off. Night ops arent supposed to be kids going around on their bikes at 7 pm when it is fucking bright as hell out. There supposed to be quietly escaping your house withought your parents noticeing at 2 in the morning and sneaking around undetected. There supposed to be for the thrill of being out as well as the profit of sneaking into buildings and cars and stealing shit.
Even if they wernt there and you stole whatever you wanted it wouldnt be a fuckin night op. It would be a gay ass kid stealing stuff from a construction site in broad daylight. You guys just dont seem to realize what a true night op is.
|
|
#370
 2004-10-02, 05:18
|
Resting_Bird 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Even if you steal from cars you'll probably only get a dollar.
|
|
#371
 2004-10-02, 10:29
|
theblackdevil 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
a car is not worth a dollar bird. Remember what i said about useing your head before posting?
|
|
#372
 2004-10-02, 11:20
|
the d00d over there 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Me and my friend are going to do our first night ops on a local school.
Me and him will be taking the the following equipment:
*Glass cutter
*Phillips head+flathead screwdriver
*Torch
*Appropriate clothing
*Looting sack http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
Does anyone have any suggestions on things that I mite need to add?
|
|
#373
 2004-10-02, 13:34
|
SuperPro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by the d00d over there:
Me and my friend are going to do our first night ops on a local school.
Me and him will be taking the the following equipment:
*Glass cutter
*Phillips head+flathead screwdriver
*Torch
*Appropriate clothing
*Looting sack http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
Does anyone have any suggestions on things that I mite need to add?
You're going to learn the hard way about one way doors when you go I'm sure. By the way, any semi decent school has motion dectectors..
|
|
#374
 2004-10-02, 17:08
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by the d00d over there:
Me and my friend are going to do our first night ops on a local school.
Me and him will be taking the the following equipment:
*Glass cutter
*Phillips head+flathead screwdriver
*Torch
*Appropriate clothing
*Looting sack http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
Does anyone have any suggestions on things that I mite need to add? Don't go at 7:00.
|
|
#375
 2004-10-02, 17:28
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by ilovemilkmen:
Come on man. you guys are really starting to piss me off. Night ops arent supposed to be kids going around on their bikes at 7 pm when it is fucking bright as hell out. There supposed to be quietly escaping your house withought your parents noticeing at 2 in the morning and sneaking around undetected. There supposed to be for the thrill of being out as well as the profit of sneaking into buildings and cars and stealing shit.
Even if they wernt there and you stole whatever you wanted it wouldnt be a fuckin night op. It would be a gay ass kid stealing stuff from a construction site in broad daylight. You guys just dont seem to realize what a true night op is. 7:00 at night in Arizona is really dark you moron. Trust me I know. It was pitch black with clouds covering the moon.
|
|
#376
 2004-10-02, 17:50
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeah, but it was early enough for construction workers to still be working.
|
|
#377
 2004-10-02, 18:14
|
Resting_Bird 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You've never said that blackdevil, and yes if you're going for money you will probably get like a dollar in change.
|
|
#378
 2004-10-02, 23:17
|
theblackdevil 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Bird I only steal cars not the stuff in them. but hey, you can waste your time trying all the cars in a parking lot to get like 5 dollars. Just jack crome rims http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
Also I find its more money making if you steal from a school security wise too.
Computer, calculator, projector are all things i take then its
vandilize vandilize vandilize for me! http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#379
 2004-10-03, 03:25
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by HARDMAN:
Yeah, but it was early enough for construction workers to still be working. They must of been doing something illegal because it was pitch black. But then why would they have the marker lights on. Hmmm this sounds like a job for the Mystery van.
|
|
#380
 2004-10-03, 07:54
|
USMC_132 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
do any of you guys bring flashlights with you? I just started taking my Surefire G2 into the woods at night, It can be a lifesaver if you drop your last match -_-
Also, how many of you guys live in suburban areas? I just moved from a rural area to a suburban area and am having a hard time getting my vandal on.
|
|
#381
 2004-10-03, 09:56
|
TheTroubleMayn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Night Op's Gone wrong
---------------------------
There was some black kids oping in my area,im not gonna say the city but..They were stealing car stereos and hunting threw cars..well a guy came outside and tried to stop one of them..they cut his throat and gutted his ass...now they have huge warrants out for em..i dont know how the fuck they figured out whoi they were
|
|
#382
 2004-10-03, 15:31
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by USMC_132:
do any of you guys bring flashlights with you? I just started taking my Surefire G2 into the woods at night, It can be a lifesaver if you drop your last match -_-
Also, how many of you guys live in suburban areas? I just moved from a rural area to a suburban area and am having a hard time getting my vandal on. Sounds like the situation here. I came fom desert rural area now I am in a surburban area. But I can easily access the desert from here though.
|
|
#383
 2004-10-03, 16:02
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Dude, urban ops aren't that hard. You have to just remember that most people are asleep at 2:30
AM, so even if you're in a well-lit area nobody's going to see you. Just stay low, and be observant.
|
|
#384
 2004-10-03, 23:00
|
ryan_p_20 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Night Ops sound like great fun. I did my first one last night, a noob ops if you will. It involved sneaking into my neighbors yard to see if their shed was unlocked (it wasnt). Anyway, as soon as im 16 and can drive, ill tell my parents that im going to sleep over at a friends, then drive to a nearby town and op allnight long. I also started buying equiptment today. My list includes
-Underarmour top black
-Underarmour pants black
-Underarmour hood black http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/de...=0503&mscssid=
-Black or dark blue cargo pants
-Maglight
-Black Gloves
-Black sweater
I already bought the top today, and will continue buying as i recieve money.
|
|
#385
 2004-10-06, 00:47
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
bump http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
i poop in pools to
|
|
#386
 2004-10-06, 22:56
|
grandmaster_twig 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If you are looking for offroad transportation, why not buy or build an offroad scooter. The pro's or
this are:
Its alot lighter than a bike- so if ur goin up steep hills u can run with it.. and also if u need to carry it, it can be folded away and carried on ur back or sumthin
Its alot quiter than a bike - no pedals or gears to rattle
cheaper - for those of us with less money
smaller - so you can hide it easily
there aren't many con's:
its not as fast as a bike, however still not bad.
in some cases can use up energy - unless u get like a small electic wheel chair motor, there quite and cheap..
|
|
#387
 2004-10-07, 01:08
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I think the cool thing would be a baha buggy but the problem is keeping it quiet. Just a roll cage, aluminum plates, cheap off road tires, axle from a junkyard, and a cheap ass engine and drive
train and you can build a cheap little buggy. for about 5,000 if you keep crap cheap. It is expensive though and time consuming. If you want to go really cheap sometimws walmart will sell a $100 buggy. I would build my own though has more payload capabilities. I'ill probably will never use one for a night ops now that I think about it. But the idea's on the table. Plus I was just trying to get this thread going again.
[This message has been edited by J-15 (edited 10-07-2004).]
|
|
#388
 2004-10-07, 04:19
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i got a job
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
i start tuesday the 12th http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif i feel so proud of myself
[This message has been edited by jamgo (edited 10-07-2004).]
|
|
#389
 2004-10-07, 04:32
|
Mischief4Me 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
SWIM and associates are planning to "inspect" our friendly neigborhood constrution site we dont need tools and we are too young to pawn and we dont know anybody cool to help us out so what else sholud we "iberate"? any ideas? help would be greatly appercated
|
|
#390
 2004-10-07, 04:44
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
take tools, you will need them, take office supplies but no money, take drafting tools, dont sabotage anything, scout ahead of time, did i mention dont take money? dont look like a terrorist, people get a bit freaked out by that kind of thing and may shoot you. some dude was siphoning gas from peoples gas tanks and some dude shot him cause he thought he was a terrorist.
|
|
#391
 2004-10-07, 15:58
|
Hebrew Hammer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I've been doin night ops for a long time. Not much stealing. Mostly snooping, TP, kids stuff.
Houses being built can be prophitable.
|
|
#392
 2004-10-07, 20:18
|
Hebrew Hammer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I make a solution thing that consists of vinegar, grapefruit juice, mint extract, soap, and a lot of
pepper and put it in a water pistol. If some one tries to grab me, I spray them in the eyes with it. I
haven't had to use it yet.
|
|
#393
 2004-10-08, 01:49
|
carbo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Hebrew Hammer:
I make a solution thing that consists of vinegar, grapefruit juice, mint extract, soap, and a lot of pepper and put it in a water pistol. If some one tries to grab me, I spray them in the eyes with it. I haven't had to use it yet. sounds like pepper spray. it comes in a little spray bottle and is VERY strong. you should consider getting some.
|
|
#394
 2004-10-09, 06:31
|
Shoxtroop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I recommend AGAINST any weapon that resembles a pistol, even a water gun. Kids have gotten
killed by freaked out cops that think it's the real deal (at night anything in your hand looks like a
gun), but it's your choice. My weapon of choice: Pepper Spray, it's small, it's handy, it only costs
five bucks and most importantly it WORKS!
As for the construction zone Op: look for small handy tools like battery-charged drivers or drills, drafting equipment is always nice...be careful with cement on floor (footprints) and NEVER sabotage anything (you could get somebody killed). Other than that, your imagination's the limit!
jamgo 2004-10-09 07:45 swim and a few of his friends went to a construction zone where they were building a multiple story building and stole fire extingiushers and just messed around with them
filled a car with the fire extinguisher and did random things, notin to much just looked around the site and did nothing
|
|
#395
 2004-10-09, 17:14
|
Hebrew Hammer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shoxtroop:
I recommend AGAINST any weapon that resembles a pistol, even a water gun. Kids have gotten killed by freaked out cops that think it's the real deal (at night anything in your hand looks like a gun), but it's your choice. My weapon of choice: Pepper Spray, it's small, it's handy, it only costs five bucks and most importantly it WORKS!
As for the construction zone Op: look for small handy tools like battery-charged drivers or drills, drafting equipment is always nice...be careful with cement on floor (footprints) and NEVER sabotage anything (you could get somebody killed). Other than that, your imagination's the limit!
Where can I purchase pepper spray with me being 14?
|
|
#396
 2004-10-09, 19:10
|
Aer0 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
how many british people do this because i know our style of streets are set out different to your american ones?
because it sounds like a lot of you do it but not sure if there is british in there aswell?
|
|
#397
 2004-10-09, 20:24
|
SuperPro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hebrew Hammer:
Where can I purchase pepper spray with me being 14? They have it to stop dogs, I'm sure people under 18 can buy it. I sprayed myself with it drunk as a dare.. shit burned. I sprayed on my tounge and drooled it onto my hands somehow and rubbed my face and yeah..
|
|
#398
 2004-10-10, 09:23
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm British, I know the layout of the street is different but that won't stop us will it?
I'm gonna be going on my first night op soom, I'm aiming for:
Open Sheds
Open Cars
Construction Yards
And anyhting else on the street. The other day I found an open shed with a:
Silver Scooter
Chains
Surfboard
Skateboard
Good Bike
So my first Op will be profitable...
|
|
#399
 2004-10-10, 09:31
|
SuperPro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'd go back out UEing, but the risks are too high for me. (I'd lose my girlfriend of 8months almost,
go back to jail, etc). I just can't UE without a partner as a lookout, once I get one of my friends to
partner along with me, Then I'll consider it.
|
|
#400
 2004-10-10, 10:16
|
Ravendust 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Porsche 911 GTR.
|
|
#401
 2004-10-10, 21:17
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
bumped upon.
First thread I have ever bumped.
[This message has been edited by Xerxes35 (edited 10-10-2004).]
|
|
#402
 2004-10-10, 21:56
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I don't really bump threads, but this is kind of a BUMP isn't it?
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
|
|
#403
 2004-10-10, 22:22
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I love preparing for missions. I'll usually do daytime recon of an area to gain valuable info that I need for the op.
I have a friend who's been sick for a while, and when he didn't show up for school for a few days everyone was getting kind of scared he had commited suicide. So yesterday I prepared to spy on his house to find out. I went out at about 1:00 in the afternoon, and went into his alley to check for ways to climb in and out of his yard, find windows to look through, hiding spots, and motion sensing lights. Fortunately I'm a tall guy so I didn't have trouble just looking over his fence. Then I left the alley and went to the street in front of his house to see if their cars were in the driveway. Later that day it turned out he wasn't dead because he showed up at my house, so I cancelled the op.
|
|
#404
 2004-10-10, 22:27
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Kind of a pointless op, but it is a bit of practice isn't it!
|
|
#405
 2004-10-11, 02:30
|
Mischief4Me 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
what type of camo should i have one for nightops? what do you wear ?
|
|
#406
 2004-10-11, 03:21
|
HateBiscuit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Mischief4Me:
what type of camo should i have one for nightops? what do you wear ? Anything thats black or navy/dark blue works very well. Dress according to temperature, etc.
|
|
#407
 2004-10-11, 05:16
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Woodland is good for suburban areas.
|
|
#408
 2004-10-11, 15:13
|
theblackdevil 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Mischief4Me:
what type of camo should i have one for nightops? what do you wear ?
post like that are fucking stupid whats wrong with you? They have a archived night ops thred and this thred with about 20 people that have asked the exact same question. Look through the pages of this or search for it and then you might find your answer
its alright tho if your a n00b but beware for huge threds like this search before you speak a question as obviuse as this one
-TBD
|
|
#409
 2004-10-11, 15:27
|
Shoxtroop 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeah, don't wear cammo. Anything in dark color is good. If you must, go with the blue "suburban"
camouflage if you are in a suburban area...woodland if in the countryside.
As for the Pepper Spray, it is available to ANYBODY. Check out this link...http://www.peppersprayinc.com/pepper_shot_pepper_spray.htm
|
|
#410
 2004-10-11, 20:56
|
Phayder92889 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey, guys... I'm a n00b to this kind of thing, and I'm still on probation, but, I've got almost everything that all y'all have listed for a universal N/O kit. (no crowbar, no mask) I just recently came upon 2 sonic defense devices. they look and act kinda like grenades. can anybody gimme any suggestions as to what I could use them for on an op? By the way, to the guy who posted the URL for keyhole.com, thanks an ass-load, dude. that is the shit.
|
|
#411
 2004-10-13, 18:50
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if your at school or college, set them off in lessons, or hit and 5run the office or library.
If not, just drop them out of a window and go down and see what you've done!
|
|
#412
 2004-10-13, 19:29
|
Street_Fighter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by bangbangbooty:
As you probably know, the Night Ops II thread became corrupted and no new posts were showing on page 8.
I have attempted to prune replies on earlier pages in attempt to correct the thread, and it's throwing all sorts of DB errors at me and it can't be repaired.
hmmmmmmm.... i didnt know that thanks i'll keep that in mind
Also i'm not prepared to try and archive the thread, doing so and having it badly corrupted may
cause all sorts of problems with the software.
So continue on with your Night Ops posts here.
|
|
#413
 2004-10-14, 16:04
|
celbii 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Phayder92889:
Hey, guys... I'm a n00b to this kind of thing, and I'm still on probation, but, I've got almost everything that all y'all have listed for a universal N/O kit. (no crowbar, no mask) I just recently came upon 2 sonic defense devices. they look and act kinda like grenades. can anybody gimme any suggestions as to what I could use them for on an op? By the way, to the guy who posted the URL for keyhole.com, thanks an ass-load, dude. that is the shit. What the fuck are 2 sonic defense devices , pics?
|
|
#414
 2004-10-14, 17:03
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by celbii:
What the fuck are 2 sonic defense devices , pics?
|
|
#415
 2004-10-14, 22:36
|
Cybernetico 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Phayder92889:
By the way, to the guy who posted the URL for keyhole.com, thanks an ass-load, dude. that is the shit. No prob. I think I'll make a thread specifically for it so more people can see it.
|
|
#416
 2004-10-14, 23:29
|
HateBiscuit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
How many of you people go alone?
|
|
#417
 2004-10-15, 05:42
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by HateBiscuit:
How many of you people go alone? I do.
|
|
#418
 2004-10-15, 23:23
|
Phayder92889 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I really wish... hang on.. I have a logitech webcam dealy-thingy. I was going to say that I didn't have one, but I just realized that I do. I don't have any way to post a pic, here, tho... fuck it, I'll describe them. they're about 2 inches wide , 3 inches tall, and half an inch thick. they have a belt clip on them, a black nylon lanyard attached to a 4 mm pin that activates them. The shrieker on them is a cylinder recessed into the box itself with a crater-like effect. (It recesses down at an angle. taller than the box itself, but the angles on it flatten it out.) these things have a 450 decibel alarm that can't be shut off without the pin. (magnetic, specially resistant, or some shit. nothing but the exact pin that was pulled out of it will shut it off.) they're matte black and don't really look that threatening, but you can hear these bad-asses clearly from a mile and a half away. My neighbors called the fuzz on me one night when I tested them (reminder, I'm still on probation). thanx, y'all.
Ivoryblade
2004-10-16 19:48
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phayder92889:
I really wish... hang on.. I have a logitech webcam dealy-thingy. I was going to say that I didn't have one, but I just realized that I do. I don't have any way to post a pic, here, tho... fuck it, I'll describe them. they're about 2 inches wide , 3 inches tall, and half an inch thick. they have a belt clip on them, a black nylon lanyard attached to a 4 mm pin that activates them. The shrieker on them is a cylinder recessed into the box itself with a crater-like effect. (It recesses down at an angle. taller than the box itself, but the angles on it flatten it out.) these things have a 450 decibel alarm that can't be shut off without the pin. (magnetic, specially resistant, or some shit. nothing but the exact pin that was pulled out of it will shut it off.) they're matte black and don't really look that threatening, but you can hear these bad-asses clearly from a mile and a half away. My neighbors called the fuzz on me one night when I tested them (reminder, I'm still on probation). thanx, y'all. Why not just tell us the name of the company that makes em so we can google em?
|
|
#419
 2004-10-16, 20:09
|
Phayder92889 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The name's been kinda scratched off. I think it's something like Quurun, or some shit like that. it's a little hard to read, and the dude who gave them to me said that he'd messed with them. I think he made 'em louder. I just tried googling them and they don't come up... shit. the other one doesn't have the fuxxored name on it. Quorum that's it. they're pretty cool.
|
|
#420
 2004-10-16, 20:36
|
Brandon35353 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was goin to do a night op tonight.But it is supposed to rain.
Should i still do it...?
Has any one done one in the rain?
|
|
#421
 2004-10-16, 21:52
|
nem2k 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Brandon35353:
I was goin to do a night op tonight.But it is supposed to rain.
Should i still do it...?
Has any one done one in the rain? Bad idea, you might slip if you have to climb something or run or whatever.
Either way, just do it.
[This message has been edited by nem2k (edited 10-16-2004).]
|
|
#422
 2004-10-16, 22:53
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You don't have a choice. Now you can say that you've done a night op in the rain!
|
|
#423
 2004-10-16, 23:01
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Last one I did, I was listening to the amount of noise my zippers make... does anyone have a
suggestion of a new way to open and close my bags?
|
|
#424
 2004-10-16, 23:49
|
Brandon35353 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok im goin to do my night op tonight..
any one else doin a night op tonight?
if so Tell me about it
|
|
#425
 2004-10-17, 00:22
|
Acid-Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Brandon35353:
I was goin to do a night op tonight.But it is supposed to rain.
Should i still do it...?
Has any one done one in the rain? During the rain is good, its usualy darker than usual, and you have rain covering some sounds. Only down side is more footprints, espeicaly when tracking through mud, sand, ect ect.
|
|
#426
 2004-10-17, 09:00
|
talley 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i just got back from a night op. me an a friend snuck out, walked to a playground, and did a bunch of anti bush graffiti. but a car came, and we hauled ass. i was fuckin scared that we were gonna get caught.
|
|
#427
 2004-10-17, 09:10
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hah what are they gonna do with foot prints? go door to door like cinderella, they arent that desperate unless they have like 10,000$ worth of stolen shit
and rain, just go hardcore
and tonight no night ops for me im to drunk right now
i drank 3/4 of a 13 ounce bottle, not to drunk but drunk enough and its snowing out (wtf)
|
|
#428
 2004-10-17, 12:00
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
They won't give a shit about footprints, they'll ring the cops but if your good they won't find you!
And there isn't much point if all they've taken is some loose change etc...
|
|
#429
 2004-10-17, 19:26
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
yay the next morning and not hungover http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
anyways now for a sobber post
i tihnk i still have some judgement and shit when im drunk http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
lol yeah i dont think the cops could do to much with foot prints in dust because lots of ppl can have the same shoe as u..
i have DC mantecas and ives seen a few of them around
the foot size?
how would they find you? they dont know who has what shoe
they only will try very hard if lots of things have been stolen and fir extinguishers have been stolen then sprayed random places
(i never stole anything from a construction site)
|
|
#430
 2004-10-17, 19:38
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If I ever want to build anyhting, I'd steal hundreds of bricks from a construction site, go into the
middle of the forest and build somehting!
|
|
#431
 2004-10-17, 21:22
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I Saw This very interesting site, so i stoped in. And well i went right here and read about 5.000 articals about people prepairing to do everything from arson,theft, and well just recon. This very much interested me. Hence my story.....
I Am, well the leader of an 3 maned team of well "night ops" we have done things by acident but in the long run we do it for fun. hence a little info on our last operations.
1. $1.50 worth of supplys
2. 10K of Damage, and 2 famlies homeless
3. A Wantend Infromation of 5k
4. Of couse a Notorious Record
5. Never caught
To tell you guys the truth, we do this every weekend. our communties have been scared and well, we are only 16.
Since there are so many people interested in this field of expertise. well, i am asking You the futere of this industry if i should:
1. Start up a website, for us
2. Beigin World wide Days Of distruction
(in one week)
This is up to you guys, i have lots of info for any budget you have and any conserns will be addresed by me.
-Nova
|
|
#432
 2004-10-17, 22:26
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nova:
I Saw This very interesting site, so i stoped in. And well i went right here and read about 5.000 articals about people prepairing to do everything from arson,theft, and well just recon. This very much interested me. Hence my story.....
I Am, well the leader of an 3 maned team of well "night ops" we have done things by acident but in the long run we do it for fun. hence a little info on our last operations.
1. $1.50 worth of supplys
2. 10K of Damage, and 2 famlies homeless
3. A Wantend Infromation of 5k
4. Of couse a Notorious Record
5. Never caught
To tell you guys the truth, we do this every weekend. our communties have been scared and well, we are only 16.
Since there are so many people interested in this field of expertise. well, i am asking You the futere of this industry if i should:
1. Start up a website, for us
2. Beigin World wide Days Of distruction
(in one week)
This is up to you guys, i have lots of info for any budget you have and any conserns will be addresed by me.
-Nova Liar. I might have believed that shit, but you're obviously an idiot because of your poor grammar and typing skills. It's not that hard to reach for your backspace key when you make a mistake, kid.
|
|
#433
 2004-10-17, 22:27
|
regional-kingpin Nice one 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Write some stuff on what you have done and post it on the forums!
|
|
#434
 2004-10-17, 23:58
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
In my most recent op with a friend of mine,we decided to go car shopping. In a total of 4 unlocked
cars we got a haul of :
1. 2 unopened packs of camel cigarettes
2.1 cigar
3.a Psyc cd player
4.a walkman
5.a 12 pack of duracell batteries
6.23 dollars
7.a box of bose surround sound speakers
i'd say a good amount of loot for 45 minutes and 4 cars,wouldnt you? EDIT: Hypothetically,of course. I would never attempt petty theft of any kind.
[This message has been edited by YouForgotPoland (edited 10-18-2004).]
|
|
#435
 2004-10-17, 23:58
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
recently I started making little caches of things I might need around my city. finding places to put them in was easy, I just looked for alot of big trees, climbed one and stashed some gear there. Ive been out a few times since then and have made some marginal use out of them, like stashing goods there until I have a safer chance to bring them back to my residence (Im in university). Does anyone else do this? and does anyone have ideas for increasing the effectivness of them (more ideas for their use)?
|
|
#436
 2004-10-18, 00:05
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Fuck it! Just bring them back to your dorm. Providing your alone or sharing with a good friend you
should be alright!
Oh yeh, don't steal from people in your university, they'll probally put two and two together, and work out it's you...
|
|
#437
 2004-10-18, 03:21
|
ToastToMisery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i just go back from a theoritical op and i always have someone bring a paintball gun to signal and scare people. well today i hade the gun this cops starts chasing us so i hide then shoot him in the thinking to making him call it a day. He pulls out his gun and starts fire in my direction luckily he just hit bunch of trees and didnt discover my hole. Moral :Dont bring anything that looks like a gun and dont shoot cops with paintballs
[This message has been edited by ToastToMisery (edited 10-18-2004).]
|
|
#438
 2004-10-18, 03:32
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bolezhinkov:
recently I started making little caches of things I might need around my city. finding places to put them in was easy, I just looked for alot of big trees, climbed one and stashed some gear there. Ive been out a few times since then and have made some marginal use out of them, like stashing goods there until I have a safer chance to bring them back to my residence (Im in university). Does anyone else do this? and does anyone have ideas for increasing the effectivness of them (more ideas for their use)? You aren't alone. I would usggest the possiblity of using crates and burying them. The obvious problem would be the wood rotting and your goods getting wet/soaked if it were to rain. Put your goods in a plastic bag, find some back trails to woods in your area, and bury it in some hard to reach area. Tell no one of your caches, and you'll be fine should the shit hit the fan.
c2
|
|
#439
 2004-10-18, 03:37
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by regional-kingpin:
Fuck it! Just bring them back to your dorm. Providing your alone or sharing with a good friend you should be alright!
Oh yeh, don't steal from people in your university, they'll probally put two and two together, and work out it's you...
hahah. no kidding . . . I'll just go down the hall and jack someones computer and pretend nothing happened, I have a single room, which makes stashing stuff nice and easy, but alot of the time I have to wait until 4-5 am when there isnt anyone in the main lobby to see me with anything I happen to take back, thats what the stash spots are for, and its nice to have a place for larger tools that I dont like to keep around my room, incase anyone starts thinking Im a fucked up carpenter or a criminal.
|
|
#440
 2004-10-18, 07:07
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by HARDMAN:
Liar. I might have believed that shit, but you're obviously an idiot because of your poor grammar and typing skills. It's not that hard to reach for your backspace key when you make a mistake, kid.
lol, i have bad grammer well yes, i do.
but On The Other hand i know quite a few people who have seen the report by the police on T.V., it was an est. 10k of damage, we lit a garbage can on fire with some fire works i bought in china town for $1.50.
My Friend works at the news station so i'll ether get a news clip of the report or i'll get something in the newspaper.
|
|
#441
 2004-10-18, 15:10
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
LOL. Watching your own report on TV. You must've been loving it!
|
|
#442
 2004-10-18, 21:13
|
Zonko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
From my last hypothetical Night Op. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Untitled-2.jpg
Expell me would they? 3 10ft Zonko tags sorted that out. http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
[This message has been edited by Zonko (edited 10-19-2004).]
|
|
#443
 2004-10-18, 22:03
|
SilentOp47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
^^ Not bad young Patawan lol. Good Job
|
|
#444
 2004-10-18, 22:25
|
TheFallenAngel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
That looks like an English newspaper, BITCH!!!
Do a multicoloured one for me please ?
Hypothetically speacking of course...
|
|
#445
 2004-10-18, 22:52
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Probally is an English newspaper!
|
|
#446
 2004-10-18, 22:56
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Haha, you guys aren't the only ones who keep clippings of your deeds.
I have a shoebox stowed away full of dispatch logs and actual articles from things I've done.
Ahh... good times...
|
|
#447
 2004-10-19, 13:30
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hello. I've been reading this thread for a while and decided to go on a night op. I had the gear and already practiced stealth, so i thought I was ready. It was for information gathering purposes only, but I found some pretty good sheds and cars with some ok stuff in them.( all in a quiet neighborhood.)
Well... I snuck out at 2:00 am, went to go mark potential victims, dodged a bulldog, creeped around my neighbourhood while making sure i did'nt see any cops(live SMACK next to the police station), got enough info and went home. Did I do it right?
Also, I need to learn to break into cars. There is this locksmith car thats old and doesnt work. There are also several cars that are available. Can someone PLZ help me in opening car locks? (do not plan on selling cars. Just want the stuff.)
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 10-19-2004).]
|
|
#448
 2004-10-19, 15:18
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
so I heard about this guy . . .
went out last night to check a few new places (I just moved to a new town) and I managed to scout out a fair ammount of decent locations. I didnt plan on actually implementing anything that night, but something too good to pass up came along: locked car, but with the window down enough to open it easily. I decided to give it a try, even though I hadnt done any scouting. the house it was parked at was dark and there was only one window without a light on that could see the car. I came back later and opened it up and inside there was about $3 in change and a $5 bill, but what was important was what I found in the glove compartment: a bag full of pot. I grabbed it and took off, not sure if this guy was dealing or if he just buys his dope in large quantities. needless to say I booted it back to my place and borrowed a friends scale to see just how much there was . . . 3/4 kilogram. it was compressd into a block of pretty much solid bud in a vaccum sealed bag. this is by far the biggest heist Ive made while on any night op.
just thought Id let everyone hear about some guy I know and his big night.
|
|
#449
 2004-10-19, 15:47
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
here is about 1/4 of it . . .
http://img77.exs.cx/img77/9192/DSCF117.jpg
|
|
#450
 2004-10-19, 20:48
|
Zonko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Bolezhinkov:
so I heard about this guy . . .
went out last night to check a few new places (I just moved to a new town) and I managed to scout out a fair ammount of decent locations. I didnt plan on actually implementing anything that night, but something too good to pass up came along: locked car, but with the window down enough to open it easily. I decided to give it a try, even though I hadnt done any scouting. the house it was parked at was dark and there was only one window without a light on that could see the car. I came back later and opened it up and inside there was about $3 in change and a $5 bill, but what was important was what I found in the glove compartment: a bag full of pot. I grabbed it and took off, not sure if this guy was dealing or if he just buys his dope in large quantities.
needless to say I booted it back to my place and borrowed a friends scale to see just how much there was . . . 3/4 kilogram. it was compressd into a block of pretty much solid bud in a vaccum sealed bag. this is by far the biggest heist Ive made while on any night op.
just thought Id let everyone hear about some guy I know and his big night. Holy crap! I don't like the whole stealing from peoples cars on night-ops thing, but nice find! http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#451
 2004-10-19, 22:25
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Shit Bro I Love The Idea of stealing From cars even a night, Good job.
I new this girl, she was teaching me and my friends how to hot wire cars, but she went to jail before she could tell us everything.
So i'm planning on a very special holliday at the end of the Oct. to do some of this.
And buy some gass and well... There building houses over the hill..
Hypothetically speaking ....
|
|
#452
 2004-10-19, 22:34
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Doens't look like pot on first site, but after a couple of minutes, it actually looks like pot.
Very ncie find, keep some and smoke it, sell the rest...
|
|
#453
 2004-10-20, 00:18
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I suppose that I should mention this after the fact: the dope turned out to be pretty good. nothing incredible, but definately sellable. Im gonna setup some kind of watch on the place tonight to see if there are any differences from last night in behavior, or if they checked the car yet, which Im sure they would have.
not only was this profitable and adventurous, it gives me something to do at night now. I'll see what else I can come up with and maybe a few more interesting pictures of things I 'find' . . .
|
|
#454
 2004-10-20, 00:55
|
Nydacaun 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bolezhinkov:
here is about 1/4 of it . . .
http://img77.exs.cx/img77/9192/DSCF117.jpg "datz a lotta hooch"
|
|
#455
 2004-10-20, 05:15
|
Rozzrat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by -Imp:
okey i�ve been thinking of buying a radio scanner... a Uniden
what scanners do you have and are you satisfied with it ? a solid machine is the radio shack pro-95 scanner
tons of capabilities,low and hi UHF, trunked freqs, shortwave, and ham radio
runs about 150, but well worth it, take 4 AA batteries, and has a light up LCD built in
royalman987 2004-10-20 17:56 can someone plz tell me how to "car shop" in 4 mins or less? I really need 2 know. Also, plz explain in detail. And can I wear regilar army BDU pants on an ops mission?
|
|
#456
 2004-10-20, 19:35
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Wear some gloves, look for an unlocked car, open it, and take whatever you want from it!
|
|
#457
 2004-10-20, 19:42
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by royalman987:
can someone plz tell me how to "car shop" in 4 mins or less? I really need 2 know. Also, plz explain in detail. And can I wear regilar army BDU pants on an ops mission? Well from What i know, Stealing the car is the easy part. Once You get the car running get ready to get riped off or make a good deal.
First of you need to find a buyer. (no really)
Then you need to get the car or truck you are commandeering. drive it to the location with out any cops on your ass.
(make sure you have some idea of driving)
Then your done.
If You need to learn how to lock pick theres a section on it. Hot wiren' might be the hard part, you can find it in yellow pages for people who have lost the keys for there car. learn how i guess.(lock smith?)mabey.
Thats it.(opp the house before you go in...ect.)
|
|
#458
 2004-10-20, 22:11
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I have been reading posts and articles on totse for about a month now, and this is one of the coolest threads. I recently attempted my first hypothetical op, as follows. At 2:00am I rode my bike about 4 miles to my target neighborhood. I left it in some bushes, 2:30. I walked 2 blocks further, to a street with few driveways(meaning lots of cars in the street). No lights either direction, so I began my shopping. *I don't plan to car shop only, but I thought it would be a good idea to start on* (Also I checked trunks and under seats and gloveboxes etc). After 45 minutes I had filled the pockets of my jacket, including some I had sewn on the inside. I returned to my bike, 3:20 and returned home. I took a longer route, leaving my gains in a duffel back in some nearby woods. (not really woods, just a big group of tall grass and trees in the middle, about 200 yards by 100 yards) I put my bike and some gear in my shed, and snuck back in my window. Total Time: 1hour50 mins. Total finds: 23 dollars in bills, 7.83 in change. Football gloves that are a bit tight, but pretty new. Underamor, my size. (those two items are awesome because I play football) 3 of those bracelets everyone has on, 2 yellow and 1 white. 8 cd's in a case, not sure what ones. 2 zippo lighters, playboy and american flag. Not bad for my first op, in my opinion. I will continue to post more hypothetical ops unless you all feel murder suicide would be better. Actually, I probably will post more anyway, because they are so fun.
|
|
#459
 2004-10-20, 22:18
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Not bad for a first OP!
Stash your stuff in your room somewhere. Sell the lighters for a dollar or 2, or about 50p-�1.50 depending on looks, design and quality.
Underarmour as in bullet proof, stab proof what? Wear those goalie gloves on next ops to cover
fingerprints.
|
|
#460
 2004-10-21, 00:15
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Thats my plan with the lighters, but I have a few friends who already said five dollars for them http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif The underarmor I like because I play football, and here in Iowa its getting cold. Its not for ops, just so I stay warm, heh. Hypothetically this weekend is looking mighty promising...
|
|
#461
 2004-10-21, 00:28
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
What type of under armour is it? I also meant use the gloves for night ops!
|
|
#462
 2004-10-21, 02:03
|
lakelaxrookie49 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i went on my first night ops a couple weeks ago, just down and around my neighborhood. I got
into 2 unlocked cars and only got a couple dollars in change and a road map (there was nothing
else). i was about to go to this one jeep has a nice system i always hear when it drives down the
road, but on my way a cop drove by (they drive through my neighborhood every once and while
during the night) so i dove in some bushes and then hopped some fences and went back home...
kinda bad first night op
|
|
#463
 2004-10-21, 02:05
|
lakelaxrookie49 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by regional-kingpin:
What type of under armour is it? I also meant use the gloves for night ops!
he is talking about Under Armour, its athletic wear, really thin so it helps keep you cool and dry when your playing sports, tight fitting. they also have cold Under Armour that keeps you warm in the winter, hope that helped.
sorry for double post
|
|
#464
 2004-10-21, 04:49
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
second night op by this guy I met once . . .
after last times big find (all the dope, see page 20) I was out for some kind of adventure. I made this one more of a recon idea that anything with the intention to make money off it. I ended up buying a maglite with a red filter to put on it too, along with a few other tools from the money Ive been making selling that pot (thinking of some kind of portable radio to monitor cops, anyone have an idea of what model?) so I just scouted around some new possible locations and made a few notes on good escape spots. I did manage to find a grappling hook (I think) in a shed, which I later put to use on the roof of a local gym. It seems to work well and was extremely stable. definately badass to be able to climb the building like that, the rope had knots in it too, for easy climbing. That was all I did that night at least. Im gonna head out again soon and see what I can turn up in a few other cars/sheds. maybe soon I'll plan something on a larger scale.
what kind of radios are there around that can monitor cops and are they portable?
|
|
#465
 2004-10-21, 12:53
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm gonna go on my second op tonight. I dont want to take the car, just what's in it. I am bringing the following:
Black shirt
BDU Pants(dont have any black, but these'll do.)
black shoes
Flashlight
2 Flathead screwdrivers (one is small and the other huge)and a hammer
water
a backpack( for the tools and loot)
a dew rag and face cover(makes ya look like a ninja)
latex gloves(dont have leather, so these will do.)
several tools
I need advice though. I know about useing ur stealth and know to strap down my equipment to be quiet and avoid street lights and avoid the cops and all of this is common sense, but I need advice on entering cars and how long will it take to break the lock with a FLATHEAD and HAMMER. also, i know to take as little time as possible. This is my second op, so plz explain the entering of cars with a flathead with as much detail as possible. (I already gathered recon info on the areas.) Thx.
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 10-21-2004).]
|
|
#466
 2004-10-21, 14:45
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Victoria station was boring, for anyone who remembers. Anyway, spending this year on stealthy movement hasn't payed off, as there's little to learn anymore for me, but I have some questions...
How can I run silently? I can manage quietly, and I've tried socks over shoes and such, but I can't quite do it...
How can I move silently on carpet? I almost got caught on my last op this way. The only way I can find is to remove all footwear.
Landing silently... the Splinter Cell method isn't working. I've tried the step off, but success is moderate. I'm talking heights that can't just be lowered from, drops and jumps and such.
That will be all. All (sensible) answers much appreciated. Oh, and might report on tonight's op (church and school crossover). Ta ta.
|
|
#467
 2004-10-21, 15:57
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Takwe big steps, and small leaps, but always land on your toes.
|
|
#468
 2004-10-21, 18:52
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well I got inspired from this topic to go out into the rich part of town and steal stuff from the
unlocked cars.
So me and my freind rod went out and did this for 6 hours from like midnight to 5 and walked away with 5 cd players, 6 cell phones, a subwolfer(to big to get home but is hinden) a PDA, about $20 in change, and lots of cds.
But I was wondering how I could get into a locked car cuz thare was a Cable van that I would like to get into.
Thank you
The Torch
Signing
Out
|
|
#469
 2004-10-21, 21:56
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You can break a window to get in a locked vehicle....holy crap how did I think of that.
It would be extremely hard to break open a car lock with a flathead screwdriver and hammer, and considering the damage you will do you should instead find another way to enter... such as breaking a window, or maybe using a slimjim (never really gotten the hang of those).
What shoes do you run in penguin? I have heard that those cheap shoes that you wear in the water, the ones that don't lace up and are about 4 dollars, with socks over them work well. Carpet be careful to pick ur feet up and set them down, don't scuff.
I think people need to look for the obvious answers to their questions. "How can I get in a locked van?" Slimjim or break a window, there have been dozens of posts about that... don't waste time with that crap.
|
|
#470
 2004-10-21, 22:06
|
Error 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by The Torch:
Well I got inspired from this topic to go out into the rich part of town and steal stuff from the unlocked cars.
So me and my freind rod went out and did this for 6 hours from like midnight to 5 and walked away with 5 cd players, 6 cell phones, a subwolfer(to big to get home but is hinden) a PDA, about $20 in change, and lots of cds.
But I was wondering how I could get into a locked car cuz thare was a Cable van that I would like to get into.
Thank you
The Torch
Signing
Out
People really are stupid enough to leave their cars unlocked overnight?
I might have to give this a go!
|
|
#471
 2004-10-21, 22:20
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Sounds like a might find The Tortch, don't go back there for a while, and I hope you were wearing
gloves!
Nova 2004-10-21 22:35 Good Job!
For Your First Op, Anyway I Learned of a new way to get back at your enemys in 20 mins, fill a drug bottle with drano(something that fits in a gass intake on a car)...
and since it is a bace (with a ph around 12) it will eat through the bottle in around 15 mins and if they have a full tank of gass, well there goes everything at least 20-25m around that car.
the 31st is comming soon... and i have 4 people in with me.
Recon is done and we have around 30 cars that are prime, they have cell phones in them and lots of change... then when all is done to cover up the trace, drano...
All Hypothetically Speaking ....
|
|
#472
 2004-10-21, 22:47
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Go for it mate, and post what you get!
|
|
#473
 2004-10-21, 23:36
|
ryan_p_20 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Dirty old bum, where in Iowa do you live/ do you live withing 30 miles of Des Moines.
|
|
#474
 2004-10-22, 00:11
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Cedar Rapids... pretty sure thats over 30, hehe, probably about 80? Just a guess on travel time.
|
|
#475
 2004-10-22, 03:23
|
fokker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i'm a security guard on night watch in an open juvenile detention center (don't know what you call it in america) in south germany. it is 04:03 cet and 15 minutes ago i caught one little night-opperwannabe trying to invade *my* compound.
i had mercy on this poor soul, so i just stripped him of his gear and sent him home to get his nappies changed.
he was not very experienced, but his equipment was quite fine and i decided to keep a few items for myself *grin*...
- clothes (i did not strip him naked, so i don't keep that stuff): bundeswehr (our army) camo stuff, dark; military boots, socks pulled over them; gloves; mask
- mag lite, red filter (i'll keep that, you betcha) and a hands free flashlight (have one myself but i'll keep it for my little son)
- quality multi tool (i always wanted one of these *grin*)
- small crowbar (valuable addition to my toolbox)
- set of screwdrivers, several sizes, flathead and cross (what do you call these?) (gonna keep these, too)
- don't know what you call it: it looks like suspenders attached to a belt, lots of pockets (gonna keep it; veeeeeery handy when i go fishing the next time)
- half a pack of pall mall (gave him 2 cigs back for his way home and swapped his zippo against a pack of matches). like pall mall a lot, and the zippo - well - you know...
- lots of small stuff, which i'm not going to list here...
well, his gear was quite alright and quality stuff, but a few necessary items were missing. and the little sucker wasn't very experienced as well - made a lot of noise and fell for the old "freeze, or i'll shoot"-joke. i don't have a gun...
just make sure that if you people try to invade my compound... bring some experience, alright? be quiet, my prisoners want to sleep! oh, and beware of the deutscher schaeferhund... this dog has been trained by professionals! if you see him coming... just drop, don't move and he's not going to hurt you. but make sure you kiss the floor reeeeeeeeeeeal good!
|
|
#476
 2004-10-22, 04:23
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Regarding silence on carpets, what kind of carpets are we talking about here? All the carpets I've been on have been my quietest surfaces ever, along with grass.
|
|
#477
 2004-10-22, 06:07
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Shit This stuff is funny about the campground well if you are a bg at juvie well how did some one get into your "facility" lol w/e striped the kid of his shit well to bad for him, and damn only 2 cigs your to mean, lol
Any way about being quite i will tell you the truth i've done this alot, and these are what you need to keep in mind:
1. Out of sight out of mind
2. The slower you move the less noise
Hence stay in the shadows, move slowly, when speed is needed, a bike or a car. and when you just have to run (land on your toes and take big steps.)
|
|
#478
 2004-10-22, 13:28
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
He said COMPOUND, not campground you twat!
|
|
#479
 2004-10-22, 18:50
|
Rozzrat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Does anyone have any idea about establishing a base camp or temporary shelter? For example,
if you are caught between an OP and your house in a bad rain storm? I was thinking about
keeping a sleeping bag wrapped in a big waterproof tarp with some rope hidden in one of my
drop sights in a quarry around my area. I'd just like to get some more ideas of what to keep,I'm
trying to keep from establishing a permanent "fort" just because alot of kids hang out in the woods
around the quarry and drink, I don't want my hardwork of constructing a shelter to be used by
some one else.
[This message has been edited by Rozzrat (edited 10-22-2004).]
|
|
#480
 2004-10-22, 21:21
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
your town sounds exactly like mine . . . if you live in sackville thatd be fucked. anyways, I too have a bag of stuff at the quarry that is good for an emergency. I have a first aid kit that I stole from a building here and a blanket that, other than that, I just have a few plastic bags in case I need to keep anything else there for an extneded period of time. a change of clothes is a good idea too.
regional-kingpin
2004-10-22 21:25
Take a sleeping bag also, just in case you need to sleep if you get chased, and the cops are at
your house!
|
|
#481
 2004-10-22, 22:16
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
That's pussy shit. Just go Rambo style and sleep on the ground.
|
|
#482
 2004-10-23, 06:14
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fokker:
i'm a security guard on night watch in an open juvenile detention center (don't know what you call it in america) in south germany. it is 04:03 cet and 15 minutes ago i caught one little night-opperwannabe trying to invade *my* compound.
i had mercy on this poor soul, so i just stripped him of his gear and sent him home to get his nappies changed.
he was not very experienced, but his equipment was quite fine and i decided to keep a few items for myself *grin*...
- clothes (i did not strip him naked, so i don't keep that stuff): bundeswehr (our army) camo stuff, dark; military boots, socks pulled over them; gloves; mask
- mag lite, red filter (i'll keep that, you betcha) and a hands free flashlight (have one myself but i'll keep it for my little son)
- quality multi tool (i always wanted one of these *grin*)
- small crowbar (valuable addition to my toolbox)
- set of screwdrivers, several sizes, flathead and cross (what do you call these?) (gonna keep these, too)
- don't know what you call it: it looks like suspenders attached to a belt, lots of pockets (gonna keep it; veeeeeery handy when i go fishing the next time)
- half a pack of pall mall (gave him 2 cigs back for his way home and swapped his zippo against a pack of matches). like pall mall a lot, and the zippo - well - you know...
- lots of small stuff, which i'm not going to list here...
well, his gear was quite alright and quality stuff, but a few necessary items were missing. and the little sucker wasn't very experienced as well - made a lot of noise and fell for the old "freeze, or i'll shoot"-joke. i don't have a gun...
just make sure that if you people try to invade my compound... bring some experience, alright? be quiet, my prisoners want to sleep! oh, and beware of the deutscher schaeferhund... this dog has been trained by professionals! if you see him coming... just drop, don't move and he's not going to hurt you. but make sure you kiss the floor reeeeeeeeeeeal good! Shut the fuck up.
|
|
#483
 2004-10-23, 08:14
|
fokker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Xerxes35:
Shut the fuck up. embarrassed, cos i busted one of your buddies? well, why don't you just visit my place and i'll bust you, too, motherfucker? but hey, i won't have *that much* mercy on your ass...
|
|
#484
 2004-10-23, 15:25
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
No mercy, that makes you ARD!
|
|
#485
 2004-10-23, 19:28
|
Finn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm going on my first official night-ops mission in terms of walking out with money. Beforehand I've explored my area so that I know who and where to hit up and fast enough so I can get out (cops patrol my area a tad too much for my liking). I'm going on foot, solo (my friends are awful at this), and taking the usuals-
Backpack
Small flashlight
Cell phone (in case shit really hits the fan I have a friend with a car less than a mile away)
Usual dark blue clothes
Latex gloves
Tools- flathead screwdriver, smaller crowbar, pocket knife.
Cigarettes (Can't help it, I'm a chain smoker)
Lighter
But here's my real golden piece- my neighborhood there's a man who almost always his car door unlocked. I'd say six out of seven days of the week, he keeps his motherfucking wallet inside his car. As well as his corporate laptop. I discovered this a few nights ago and was ready to joygasm but I didn't take anything yet (long story).
So wish me luck, I suppose, and any lil' tips that might help me out here would be so ideal and appreicated.
|
|
#486
 2004-10-23, 19:31
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Good luck. Go straight for this guys car, take everyhting, and get to another car. His car is main
priority!
|
|
#487
 2004-10-23, 20:04
|
ToastToMisery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by fokker:
embarrassed, cos i busted one of your buddies? well, why don't you just visit my place and i'll bust you, too, motherfucker? but hey, i won't have *that much* mercy on your ass... go away before i torture and kill your son
|
|
#488
 2004-10-23, 20:06
|
ToastToMisery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Finn:
I'm going on my first official night-ops mission in terms of walking out with money. Beforehand I've explored my area so that I know who and where to hit up and fast enough so I can get out (cops patrol my area a tad too much for my liking). I'm going on foot, solo (my friends are awful at this), and taking the usuals-
Backpack
Small flashlight
Cell phone (in case shit really hits the fan I have a friend with a car less than a mile away)
Usual dark blue clothes
Latex gloves
Tools- flathead screwdriver, smaller crowbar, pocket knife.
Cigarettes (Can't help it, I'm a chain smoker)
Lighter
But here's my real golden piece- my neighborhood there's a man who almost always his car door unlocked. I'd say six out of seven days of the week, he keeps his motherfucking wallet inside his car. As well as his corporate laptop. I discovered this a few nights ago and was ready to joygasm but I didn't take anything yet (long story).
So wish me luck, I suppose, and any lil' tips that might help me out here would be so ideal and appreicated. get leather gloves, latex is to visible
|
|
#489
 2004-10-23, 21:33
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If it's itch black, he shouldn't be seen at all!
|
|
#490
 2004-10-23, 23:55
|
fokker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by ToastToMisery:
go away before i torture and kill your son well, go ahead! let's see what you are made of... dare and touch my son... come on! dare it!
|
|
#491
 2004-10-24, 01:22
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
shit. this is funny shit, any way if he's from juvie the only reason he woun't let you touch his little boy is becuase he wants him in good condition when he comes home from a long hard days work of raping teenagers....
lol any way, who cares about him....
All right the night opps with blowing up cars is a go we have drano and were getting more "pill bottles" to put them in.
We have found out that the houses that are in construction over the hill have stoped (because of weather conditions) and they left all the plywood laying all over the place(: (gass is my best friend ).
Lots of car shopping for me (: Hypothetically speaking ....
|
|
#492
 2004-10-24, 05:05
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Trick-or-Treat...or-Night Op?
This Halloween, there is going to be just the right amount of moonlight on Halloween's weekend perfect for Night Ops.
At first there wasn't anything else I wanted to do but party.
But then I got to thinking:
- The moonlight would make perfect visualization to me at night, but not enough for anyone used to porch lights.
- Cops would be busy patrolling party areas and public events.
- Kids would be off the street at least by midnight.
Hell, with slight research, I could hit some places WHILE the residents are trick-or-treating. I figure as long as any potential fuck-ups aren't too dramatic, they'd get attributed directly to trickor-treaters. Some places will obviously have someone still around to hand out candy, but these places are obvious thanks to the lights being left on to let everyone know.
What's more, I could get away with dressing in black, wearing a mask, and wearing all my tools on me. Blend into a crowd if things get heated. If anyone asks, I went as a ninja to a costume party this year.
The more and more I think about it, the more I think Halloween is the best operation time of the year for us Night Op fanatics. Agreed?
|
|
#493
 2004-10-24, 05:11
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
you said it man . . . I have so much shit planned for that night. it is one of the best nights of the year, without a doubt. I incorporated pretty much everything I have in my normal kit into my 'costume', its perfect.
|
|
#494
 2004-10-24, 13:20
|
needmoney 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
BEST THREAD EVER
IT WILL NEVER DIE!!!
|
|
#495
 2004-10-24, 14:59
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
New Years is quite a good night aswell, but I have to say Hallowen is the best of them all!
|
|
#496
 2004-10-24, 15:28
|
ToastToMisery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by fokker:
well, go ahead! let's see what you are made of... dare and touch my son... come on! dare it! if you'd ever talked to to my shrink he tell that im an unstable sociopath who is a danger to others and he'd advise against that kind of attitude.
and your from germany my country kicked your country's ass
[This message has been edited by ToastToMisery (edited 10-24-2004).]
|
|
#497
 2004-10-24, 15:34
|
ToastToMisery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
does anyone no any good sites dedicated to night-ops(not urban exploration)
|
|
#498
 2004-10-24, 19:55
|
bluefox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
a tip everyone- a good newbie night op experience is to enter a building under construction. They usually do not have security measures set up. I have done this many times, and had alot of fun.
and to the guy who asked about night op sites, I would also like to find some night op sites. does anyone know any dedicated ones?
|
|
#499
 2004-10-24, 21:42
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Seeing as it's illegal, there probally aren't any or just a few very small ones!
Anyway, I'm working on a website about loads of stuff. Night Ops. will be one of them!
|
|
#500
 2004-10-24, 23:34
|
Mctrigger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I did a night op a few days ago but I felt that my equipment let me down. does anyone have any tips on how to get the best from your equipment or ways of making your own cheaply. If you do could you please post it here.
Thanks
My equipment includes
1. set of screw driver
2. magnalite
3. slingshot(custom made)
4. commo gear.
5. pair of plyers
6. stanley knife
am I missing anything???
|
|
#501
 2004-10-25, 00:45
|
lakelaxrookie49 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i think that because my mom wants to send me off in two days, tonight and tomorrow night i'm
gonna stay out all night and go on night ops all night and jack a ton of stuff. i hope i get a lot of
stuff because these are my last two nights here for a while so i'm hitting a ton of cars AND this
one house i KNOW to be empty tonight. will report back later
|
|
#502
 2004-10-25, 01:15
|
Shuji 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
To ToastToMisery, bluefox, and regional-kingpin: As kingpin said, it isnt really plausible for most to run a night-op site seeing as how it is a bit of a shady thing to dedicate a site to. A Wiki-Node would work though. I've thought about making a Wiki for such things many times, just never been bored enough to actually do it with nobody to help help.
To Mctrigger: Does your light have a red filter? Suppressed (red) light, is easier on the eyes, and harder to see from a long distance then white light is. It also creates less of a shadow then white lights, helping with stealth.
You could buy a red filter I'm sure. You could use that clingy plastic wrap as well, since it comes in colors (or just spraypaint the wrap..or the actual glass/plastic cover over the light (not the bulb).
Put a few layers of the cling wrap on, (you want a DARK red..not a pale red. The object is to filter out as much white light as possible) tape it in a secure manner to the light, and you are set. What kind of places are you looking to infiltrate? With more information i could offer some EQ suggestions.
To sk4 b4nd1t: Hrm. I suggest bolt cutters for the lock...if you cant do that, then breaking it is about your only choice. The object is to not make alot of noise. If somebody looks..they will see you standing/crouching in front of the big glowing sign. This isnt likely mind you, but still possible....so you want to be as fast and silent as possible or a random car might drive by before you notice it.
*waits to be flamed for no real reason...bah*
|
|
#503
 2004-10-25, 03:29
|
Retikx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Most of you are such bloody amatures. But i have read the odd op that impressed me.
All of the below info is fiction.
__ days ago we exsectued an op of beautifull
Precision and exsact methodical planning. It took about 2 weeks for us to plan this proporly, (us meaning my team of 9)
-Target... local school.
-Objective... Extract 12 top of the line dell laptops.
-Master plan.. t3 is positiond outside and is lead scout team, they monitor the area and relay the info between eachother and the other teams. t3 is comprised of three individals. "O" is lead scout "o1" and "o2" are the sentinals they patroll the perimetre and relay information to the lead scout. There appearal and gear consisted of charcoal grey full body bdu, 2way radios, pepper spray and home made incendiary smoke bricks.( they were to lay down smoke cover if the op went bad)
t2 and t1 infiltrate the target zone together as if one unit, but have entriely difernt assignments. t2 was assigned to watch t1's back while they were working by simply keeping quiet and hidden incase of an unexpected visitor. t2 consisted of 3 individals all armed with pepper spray and lead lined gloves. t2 has the same bdu's as t3.
t1 infiltrated the room by means of a pick kit and take all laptops, each taking four. we were also armed with pepper spray and had the same bdu's as the rest.
-infiltration... the target room was 3 floors up so it posed a challange , there was a dumpster in the corner of an out stretched part of the building that was about one and a half floors tall. Right in the corner beside the dumpster was a drainage pipe of sorts and was very conveient to climb. Once t1 & t2 were atop the outstretched building a member of t2 known as "g3" scaled the brick wall by means of claw grab gear and used a glass cutter to cut a hole above the latch. g3 then opend the
window and threw three fifteen foot ropes back down which were anchored to a suppoting beam inside the school. We were in and out in 5 mins no alarms no mess no trace. each laptop fetched an exselent price.
[This message has been edited by Retikx (edited 10-25-2004).]
|
|
#504
 2004-10-25, 04:19
|
Shuji 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Dont forget Retikx; You were new to ops once as well. Everybody was. it doesnt matter if you are the top infiltrator on the planet, who could break into Area 51 and get out with a spaceship attached to his ass and never get noticed....Everybody is/was new to it at some point. You kind of have to be
|
|
#505
 2004-10-25, 04:40
|
Rozzrat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
This may stray from Night Ops, but I want to share some info that may help out my fellow Oppers,
and search for some suggestions to help me and others out.
I was able to get to my "check point" the other day to work on it, here's what I have set up.
-A dark green pool cover/tarp
-A length of rope
-some stakes
-A very heavy sleeping bag for 32-55 degree temps(New England gets cold at night)
all of these comine for a simple tent in case I need shelter for a a while between an Op and my house. Tie the rope between two trees, place the tarp over the rope, and secure the corners with stakes.
I also have a somewhat large and heavy metal tool box I found at a construction site which I snipped the lock off and replaced with my own. I'd use this if I have to stow some prizes overnight or just a spot for safekeeping.
I'm also keeping some tools in it that I can switch in and out of my bag for suitible use on different ops. I also have a spare set of batteries, strike anywhere matches, a spare flash light and filter set up and a small lamp, some bottled water and a few cans of non perishble food and a swiss army knife.
Now I am thinking of establishing some sort of security perimeter. One thing me and some buddies did over the summer while working on gaining entrance to a golf course garage for access to the carts and gas pump, was set up a perimeter of fishing line rigged to abour 5 LED lights about 15 feet up we set up during a previous night. When any of lines were tripped a piece of plastice would be pulled out of housing case and the circuit would be complete and 2 lights would blink indicating which side the breach was, (I didnt do any of the electric rigging so I can't post specific specs, but my buddy can if any one interested.) The look out would be keeping an eye out for visible people strolling around and maintence men turning on sprinklers at 3am everymorning. We never had any of the lines tripped, but we tested them a few times and they seemed to work well. At the end of the night we disconnected the line and kept the housing and LED set up for future needs.
What I'm curious about is if anyone has any ideas for a security system I could set up and take down at will with my hidden haven in the quarry. If I'm asleep I wont be able to see a LED blinking, And I dont want a sound to alert me, because it would give the intruder a location or basic idea someone else is around. I'd like the element of surpise, something like rigging up a vibrating motor and position it touching me, or hooking the power source up to another sort of
motor that when set off would spin and I could attach a peice of string from the motor to my hand to wake me up? What are people's thoughts on this?
|
|
#506
 2004-10-25, 05:23
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Rozzrat, try setting up some tripwire system. Tie the end of the tripwire to your finger, and make it so if someone trips one of the wires it will pull on your finger.
|
|
#507
 2004-10-25, 05:25
|
fokker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
apology to xerxes35: i called you a motherfucker, that was not cool. i apologise.
nova: you called me a rapist. that ain't cool either. it's pretty insulting. please note that i *never* raped anybody. and positively none of my prisoners or even my own son. i'd rather cut off my dick.
toasttomisery: germany only lost the war because we had to battle 32 (!) countries at the same time with only 3 allies *and* adolf hitler was a complete idiot. looking at this i'd say my ancestors did a pretty good job... but this is not the place for history discussions so i won't continue on this topic.
let's all stay cool. you don't have to blame me for the stupidity of that night-oper i busted, it was his own fault, wasn't it...
|
|
#508
 2004-10-25, 12:20
|
C_E_F 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey people.
I've just recently set up a forest base and im just wondering what you guys think.
basically its on top of a hill (in the middle of the bush). There is extremely thick scrub surrounding the location as well as a lot of flat bare stone that hides tracks. At the location we have 2 entry points. One requires the person to crawl through a log and then up through a couple bushes. The other one is only accessable when there is someone in the base (it also serves as an escape route). It is up (or down) a rope which hangs down a ten metre cliff. If your wondering how we get up it me and my group are rock climbers and own sevearl pieces of gear to help us get up there and get down.
I would highly recommend you guys invest in a Gri Gri and other standard rock climbing gear.
Anyway inside the base: 3 hammocks with hootchies above (for those that dont know what hootchies are they are a piece of plastic fashioned like a tent.) There are also areas for extra sleeping bags.
We have also dug 4 "dark holes". The "dark holes" are basically lined holes in which we store gear, any non perishable food. We have constructed ladders and also set up two "treehouses". The treehouses consist of a flat platform with a few shelves and another hootchie.
We are also planning to put cam nets over a lot of the stuff.
So what do you guys think?
|
|
#509
 2004-10-25, 13:56
|
needmoney 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
call me a n00b or wot but what the hell IS a
magnalite?
|
|
#510
 2004-10-25, 15:27
|
Shuji 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Magnalite is the name of a cookware company. They make pans, pots, roasters, and other such
things. I think he meant Maglite, which is a brand of flashlight. http://www.maglite.com/ royalman987 2004-10-25 17:48 I went on my second night op this weekend. I have to say that it will be the basis of all of my ops from here on out. This will be very hard to believe, but... I used: Black no sleeve shirt BDU Camo Pants Black Boots BackPack(for the loot Dew rag and bandana(black) Black socks Flathead So I heard about this lock smith that lived seven minutes away from me. I decided to check it out. I had to think fast. There was a fire station beside me and he bas parked behind it. Lights shining everywhere. Well I used my flathead (mans best friend), and wedged it between the window and pushed upwards until the window shattered. Then I went mad. I got: A power drill with two batteries and charger(powerful) Better flatheads 23 ink pens old lock pick maglight two dvd's three master keys(one opens up saturns) one dollar a guide to picking locks Of course i had to make three trips to get all the stuff, but it was worth it. Its very hard to believe, since it was my second op. Also, check out this article in the bad Ideas section under irresponsible activities. its called How
To Become An Assassin. READ THE SECTION ON CARDING. IT'S HOW TO GET FREE STUFF. TRY IT, BUT THINK IT OUT FIRST.
here's the link: http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ir...ivities/161683
also check out this one. its better. http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/sc...s/cardlev.html
I'm gonna order a bunch of shit from Galls. Police wear. Lots of shit. BDU's and shirts and multitools and lock pick sets and batons and a night vision monocular and .......(ya get the point)
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 10-25-2004).]
|
|
#511
 2004-10-25, 19:12
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
any carding tips?
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 10-25-2004).]
|
|
#512
 2004-10-25, 19:15
|
bluefox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:To ToastToMisery, bluefox, and regional-kingpin: As kingpin said, it isnt really plausible for most to run a night-op site seeing as how it is a bit of a shady thing to dedicate a site to. A WikiNode would work though. I've thought about making a Wiki for such things many times, just never been bored enough to actually do it with nobody to help help. Excuse my ignorance, but I dont know what a wiki-node is.
and Retikx, very hardcore. A great example of a night op. Planned missions like that are great...but you have to have a team of 100% trustworthy comrades...something many of us dont have.
|
|
#513
 2004-10-25, 19:32
|
sk4 b4nd1t 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if not a site what about a messasge board devoted entirly to n/o s ?
|
|
#514
 2004-10-25, 19:39
|
sk4 b4nd1t 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
complete n/o board
http://no.conforums.com/
flame me and it to your liking
|
|
#515
 2004-10-25, 20:23
|
Shuji 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
To sk4 and blue: A Wiki-Node is a website in which any person can post, creating an encyclopedic collection from all those who participate. There is a Wikipedia for example. with definitions of words that go mor ein depth then a regular encyclopedia.
I am a frequent contributer to a Wiki for a MU*. It is a way to get out alot of information, from a wide range of people, making the actual content of the website easier to maintain and fill. If somebody puts something up that is completely wrong, another can take it down or edit it without a second thought, helping to keep everything as accurate and up-to-date as possible.
Essentially..everybody becomes an Admin, a Moderater, and a Poster all at once, allowing the community built around it to prosper.
A wiki node for this subject for example, might contain news on the newest things comming out relating to it, possibly with reviews of the product, Various stories written by those who are part of the project, EQ listings, ways of getting around various things, stealth tactics, and most everything else. A collaborative website.
The best example of course is the wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
|
|
#516
 2004-10-25, 21:30
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
For the people who answered me, thank you. Althought the 'stay in the shadows bit' was a bit patronising. I can remain unseen, it's sound that I screw up on. My Adio Bams (yes, the originals because I can't be bothered or afford the new ones) squeak and 5 pairs of socks makes scraping noises. Countered this by wearing no footwear at all until I get tabis. And yes, I keep shoes with me in case I encounter broken glass or whatever.
The cousin from an op of yore is staying over tomorrow night. Potential op is inside a semiabandoned factory, I say semi because it's still patrolled, or the few houses surrounding my nan (lives just outside town). Will plan it soon, in case anyone cares. Suggestions, noting we can't destroy anything or steal - too personal and I'm into the infil/exfil, not personal gain.
Thanks again for understanding the need to enter the forbidden. The Chaos Penguin.
|
|
#517
 2004-10-25, 21:34
|
ToastToMisery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Retikx:
Most of you are such bloody amatures. But i have read the odd op that impressed me.
All of the below info is fiction.
__ days ago we exsectued an op of beautifull
Precision and exsact methodical planning. It took about 2 weeks for us to plan this proporly, (us meaning my team of 9)
-Target... local school.
-Objective... Extract 12 top of the line dell laptops.
-Master plan.. t3 is positiond outside and is lead scout team, they monitor the area and relay the info between eachother and the other teams. t3 is comprised of three individals. "O" is lead scout "o1" and "o2" are the sentinals they patroll the perimetre and relay information to the lead scout. There appearal and gear consisted of charcoal grey full body bdu, 2way radios, pepper spray and home made incendiary smoke bricks.( they were to lay down smoke cover if the op went bad)
t2 and t1 infiltrate the target zone together as if one unit, but have entriely difernt assignments. t2 was assigned to watch t1's back while they were working by simply keeping quiet and hidden incase of an unexpected visitor. t2 consisted of 3 individals all armed with pepper spray and lead lined gloves. t2 has the same bdu's as t3.
t1 infiltrated the room by means of a pick kit and take all laptops, each taking four. we were also armed with pepper spray and had the same bdu's as the rest.
-infiltration... the target room was 3 floors up so it posed a challange , there was a dumpster in the
corner of an out stretched part of the building that was about one and a half floors tall. Right in the corner beside the dumpster was a drainage pipe of sorts and was very conveient to climb. Once t1 & t2 were atop the outstretched building a member of t2 known as "g3" scaled the brick wall by means of claw grab gear and used a glass cutter to cut a hole above the latch. g3 then opend the window and threw three fifteen foot ropes back down which were anchored to a suppoting beam inside the school. We were in and out in 5 mins no alarms no mess no trace. each laptop fetched an exselent price.
[This message has been edited by Retikx (edited 10-25-2004).] I walked into a local corporate office just me, a water bottle and some lye. i opened up the main server soaked with water then poured the lye on top. I then proceeded to grab a petty cash box (i would later bust it open and find $2000) i continued to grab and smash shit. the 2000 is in 20's so my plan is to slowly use it not to draw a lot of attention to myself. And i did that by myself six months ago and i didnt get fucking caught so shut up about how it took you 2 weeks of planning and 9 people to steal a few computers that are fairly hard to cover up you having them. I did that by myself on a whim
PS the reason for the destruction is i found out the boss was being investigated for making kiddie porn which pisses me off.
[This message has been edited by ToastToMisery (edited 10-25-2004).]
|
|
#518
 2004-10-25, 21:42
|
Shuji 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
*chuckle* Nice Toast. Show the fucker who is really the boss....
*peers around, then steals a few 20's and slowly backs away*
|
|
#519
 2004-10-25, 21:46
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Normally, I would attempt to berate you for destroying and leaving obvious evidence of an intrusion, but in this case I will just just say you failed the op. You should have hacked the server and hoped it had you bosses address, then paid him a particularly violent visit.
Well done. I was thinking of going vigilante for Samhain (before the party and the rituals, of course)
Ta ta, and remember, we belong in the shadows. No one can see us there, they are our realm and we conduct our clandestines operations from and in them, because they are ours. Defend them. And enjoy them.
|
|
#520
 2004-10-25, 23:47
|
Retikx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by ToastToMisery:
I walked into a local corporate office just me, a water bottle and some lye. i opened up the main server soaked with water then poured the lye on top. I then proceeded to grab a petty cash box (i would later bust it open and find $2000) i continued to grab and smash shit. the 2000 is in 20's so my plan is to slowly use it not to draw a lot of attention to myself. And i did that by myself six months ago and i didnt get fucking caught so shut up about how it took you 2 weeks of planning and 9 people to steal a few computers that are fairly hard to cover up you having them. I did that by myself on a whim
PS the reason for the destruction is i found out the boss was being investigated for making kiddie porn which pisses me off.
[This message has been edited by ToastToMisery (edited 10-25-2004).]
Indeed that is a feat, but why do you speek so angerly about my planning? A night time operation that is planned to every last step is far difernt then walking into an office and basicly ripping some people off. I dont care how stealthy you were in the case but it has no relevence nor any real skill to be compared a highly motivated skillfull exsecution of a plan.
So i basicly guess you can beat off your grandad if you took a disliking to my op.
[This message has been edited by Retikx (edited 10-25-2004).]
|
|
#521
 2004-10-25, 23:53
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Finn:
I'm going on my first official night-ops mission in terms of walking out with money. Beforehand I've explored my area so that I know who and where to hit up and fast enough so I can get out (cops patrol my area a tad too much for my liking). I'm going on foot, solo (my friends are awful at this), and taking the usuals-
Backpack
Small flashlight
Cell phone (in case shit really hits the fan I have a friend with a car less than a mile away)
Usual dark blue clothes
Latex gloves
Tools- flathead screwdriver, smaller crowbar, pocket knife.
Cigarettes (Can't help it, I'm a chain smoker)
Lighter
But here's my real golden piece- my neighborhood there's a man who almost always his car door unlocked. I'd say six out of seven days of the week, he keeps his motherfucking wallet inside his car. As well as his corporate laptop. I discovered this a few nights ago and was ready to joygasm but I didn't take anything yet (long story).
So wish me luck, I suppose, and any lil' tips that might help me out here would be so ideal and appreicated. Damn you. I want to find a laptop in a unlocked car.
I want to get into a Cable van. They got the good shit in thare. How would one make a slim Jim.
The Torch
|
|
#522
 2004-10-26, 00:02
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by regional-kingpin:
Sounds like a might find The Tortch, don't go back there for a while, and I hope you were wearing gloves!
Yup I was wearing gloves. I am not stupit.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nova:
Good Job!
For Your First Op, Anyway I Learned of a new way to get back at your enemys in 20 mins, fill a drug bottle with drano(something that fits in a gass intake on a car)...
and since it is a bace (with a ph around 12) it will eat through the bottle in around 15 mins and if they have a full tank of gass, well there goes everything at least 20-25m around that car.
the 31st is comming soon... and i have 4 people in with me.
Recon is done and we have around 30 cars that are prime, they have cell phones in them and lots of change... then when all is done to cover up the trace, drano...
All Hypothetically Speaking .... thank you Nova. I am going to do that drano shit one day.
Could I brake a window by puting a screwdriver to the window and hiting it with a hammer?
The Torch
Signing
Off
|
|
#523
 2004-10-26, 00:04
|
SmartTart 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mctrigger:
Hi,
I did a night op a few days ago but I felt that my equipment let me down. does anyone have any tips on how to get the best from your equipment or ways of making your own cheaply. If you do could you please post it here.
Thanks
My equipment includes
1. set of screw driver
2. magnalite
3. slingshot(custom made)
4. commo gear.
5. pair of plyers
6. stanley knife
am I missing anything???
I cant help but ask... is your "custom made" slingshot (im assuming you made it) worth a shit...?
|
|
#524
 2004-10-26, 00:11
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
God, I want to go on an op out in the country pretty badly. I live in a dense suburban neighborhood, so all of my experience has been in short range but intense urban ops. My neighborhood has a dense population of college students, and man, there have been nights when I was dodging drunk college students left and right. Currently I'm planning on going to this park down in this valley on the outskirts of my city, so I'll post info about that if I do it.
|
|
#525
 2004-10-26, 03:38
|
Slice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Me and some buds are planning to trick-or-treat for UNICEF(community service is good) and then hypothetically pay visits to local payphones and disconnect them. (After discovering the old 'disconnect-then-reconnect wires makes money come out' trick doesn't work) At least one of us will be a gorilla, and the others black leather punks, but its Halloween so we can get away w/ it.
|
|
#526
 2004-10-26, 09:49
|
C_E_F 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
me and my friends are pretty good rockclimbers and have a lot of the gear. the benefit with this is that we can also abseil.
Would you guys recommend abseiling when a ground entry is unavailable?
|
|
#527
 2004-10-26, 16:44
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
can I make a grapple hook? I wish to climb my school to raid it. The base floor has bars on the windows and alarm systems. How can I get into the third floor from the outside? I know to leave the window unlocked
|
|
#528
 2004-10-26, 16:53
|
S510 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Could you swing the dumsters arounf for a bit of help and then if i knew how to make one i would tell you but i dont so just to get a bit higher up use the dumpster is possible
|
|
#529
 2004-10-26, 22:05
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emperor:
p.s, yea i just registed 5 minutes ago but have been browsing this site for a few months, very useful information and it seems like pretty cool people.. for the guy about mounting a flashlight to handlebars:
If your a perfectionist like me, you'll want to make a custom set of handlebars, I did using some leftover steel tubing, I made it in such a way that I can rest my arms on it and not get tired, and push buttons to make the light go on.. if your interested I could email you a design. Can I get a copy of that plz.
Charles30000@yahoo.com
The Torch
Is
Out
|
|
#530
 2004-10-26, 23:48
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Roof entries are good for a lot of things, such as RVs, camp trailors, and the like. There is usually a vent on top with a plastic lid that can be torn off or simply unscrewed. Any decent trailor will have this as an option, if all else fails.
As for houses, upstairs windows can make good entry points but remember: bedrooms are generally upstairs. Be sure you know what room you are going into if you do this.
Otherwise, the only real use for going onto a roof is to evade a search (provided there isn't a K9 unit). A grappling hook is unnecessary, and not even that much of a convenience.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 10-26-2004).]
|
|
#531
 2004-10-26, 23:51
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Rope ladder with 2 grappling hooks at the top.
[This message has been edited by The Torch (edited 10-27-2004).]
|
|
#532
 2004-10-27, 01:18
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
not a bad idea . . . but its usually easier just to have a knotted rope. the chances of a nice ledge being available to use a hook on are pretty slim. by the way, its spelled laDDer.
|
|
#533
 2004-10-27, 04:08
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well I'm going out on Halloween night. I got my equipment ready too. Here's what it is.
1. BDU Desert camo
2. Binoculars( Gotta check things out before I move in)
3. Backpack
4. Compass(Never know when you need one)
5. Bike(To move around quicker till I get close to my target)
6. Waterbottle(I get thirsty)
7. Cellphone(So if I need a ride for some reason)
8. Knives(For self defense)
9. Flashlight(Just in case it gets pitch black al of a sudden)
10. A belt pack
11. Helmet(Some area's require you to duck down with out a warning)
12. Bike pump(A temporary solution to a flat tire)
13. Gloves(Don't wanna leave fingerprints)
14. Desert Camo bandana(For when I don't need the helmet)
15. Military face paint
I want to add more to the list like NV goggles. On Halloween what I'm going to do to my target is still in planning. Any idea's on what I should do to the school that's going to be vandalized?
[This message has been edited by J-15 (edited 10-27-2004).]
|
|
#534
 2004-10-27, 04:26
|
HateBiscuit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by J-15: Well I'm going out on Halloween night. I got my equipment ready too. Here's what it is. 1. BDU Desert camo 2. Binoculars( Gotta check things out before I move in) 3. Backpack 4. Compass(Never know when you need one) 5. Bike(To move around quicker till I get close to my target) 6. Waterbottle(I get thirsty) 7. Cellphone(So if I need a ride for some reason) 8. Knives(For self defense) 9. Flashlight(Just in case it gets pitch black al of a sudden) 10. A belt pack 11. Helmet(Some area's require you to duck down with out a warning) 12. Bike pump(A temporary solution to a flat tire) 13. Gloves(Don't wanna leave fingerprints) 14. Desert Camo bandana(For when I don't need the helmet) 15. Military face paint I want to add more to the list like NV goggles. On Halloween what I'm going to do to my target is still in planning. Any idea's on what I should do to the school that's going to be vandalized? [This message has been edited by J-15 (edited 10-27-2004).] Camo of any kind is a definite no-no for night ops... infact, camo on a night op does just the opposite, it makes you stand out.
|
|
#535
 2004-10-27, 04:40
|
[d]eter ![[d]eter is offline](../../images/statusicon/user_offline.gif)
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Also if your exposed for some reason, people dont react the same to someone wearing just dark clothing and a hat as opposed to camo gear and camo face paint.
Think of what it would look like if you had to hike it home through a subdivision.
|
|
#536
 2004-10-27, 08:03
|
blinky04 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
It must be about time for a night ops IIII
|
|
#537
 2004-10-27, 08:39
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by infamous q:
[b]
Gloves: Also at walmart bought some great fingerless gloves with extra padding on the palms, good for climbing. Cheap, around $5.
when i go out i opt for moutain bikeing gloves
pros
tough
reiforcing on the palms and knuckles dont cover fingers so they are free and doesnt look weird if you have a bike!
cons
cost usually about 20
dont cover fingerprints
B]
|
|
#538
 2004-10-27, 16:44
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Does anyone know how I can break into a car QUIETLY? PLZ answer this question
|
|
#539
 2004-10-27, 17:00
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Theft isn't my thing, but I suppose you could shove a coat hanger or something down the window, pull about a bit and unlock it.
Grappling hook... rope, obviously, so I'm assuming you want ideas for the hook. Specialist hook shop? I tried the same thing and can't think of anything. However, there are drainpipes and tiny, tiny 2" litle pipes poking out and stuff like that. Anything can be climbed, even bare walls, if you try. 'Thick' knives can bejammed into walls or into cement between bricks, and, thought I've never tried it, I suppose you could use a thick log from a park or something. I live within 5 minutes of a forest a few hundred miles long and there are trees everywhere in Welsh suburbia, there's like a city park every ten minutes (btw, am not Welsh... and especially don't sound like it).
Woooooo... self-promo rant again. If you're half decent at infiltration and dedicated to your mission you can surely wait a few days in preperation planting crates and logs and stuff around your target.
Happy hunting.
|
|
#540
 2004-10-27, 18:52
|
royalman987 Thx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well... I do a little practicing. There is this area of high class apartments that is 6 mins. away from me. It is guarded by three security cars that patrol at 2-3 miles an hour. The cars are all white with yellow sirens.
I'm going to go there whenever possible to practice. those guys are good, and this will be a challenge (again)
well.. how often do you guys go on night ops? every other day? every three days? (I go every other day)
is it okay to break the window by wedging a flathead between the top of the window?
|
|
#541
 2004-10-27, 19:13
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeh, someone should make a new Night Ops thread!
|
|
#542
 2004-10-27, 21:25
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Camo is alright if you're stealthy. Just don't go walking out in the middle of the fucking streets.
Night ops aren't about walking around hoping nobody sees you, they're about crawling around hoping nobody sees you.
|
|
#543
 2004-10-27, 21:50
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I must say.. be very careful about this. Here's tips on how to not get caught, at all.
Drive to about 1/2 mile away from the neighborhood your going to hit.
Carry no tools/bags with you except for maybe an easy punch (emergency punch/window punch).
Park in a driveway... cops won't run plates on a neighborhood of cars.
Look normal looking, no camo. Jeans, and a dark t-shirt is fine.
Wear gloves... black leather ones or latex.
Go for things you NEED! DON'T GET GREEDY, THATS THE BIGGEST DOWNFALL!
Car stereos : Look for 50w x 4 or higher. Those produce the best sound. Anything else below 50w x 4 isn't worth it. Good companies are Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, Sony. Don't bother with : JVC, Jensen, Dual (unless its the new cdplayer w/tv screen, those are good).. believe me, I work @ BestBuy in car audio, they are garbage.
When taking out stereos, if there are female/male connections or wires, good chance they have subs and/or smps and capacitors, check the trunk.
Think about how your going to be able to get something back the car before taking it... and make sure its of a good resale value or quality.
Bring a sandwich bag to fill with change.. just make it air tight and the change will make almost no noise.
RUN if you suspect anything suspicious. You can go out another night and its better to run even if you don't have anything, then to stay behind and get caught possibly.
Best time is from 3am-4am. No jobs to my knowledge require someone to come in @ 3am.
If you break a window.. make sure you can take the item FAST, then get out of there. You are DONE with that neighborhood for the night/week.
If you see any headlights, run the fuck into someones backyard and hide. People will call the cops for any fucking thing. And, you probably can't tell its a cop until ITS TOO LATE and they have you in their sights.
When running, make sure to zig zag and stop occasionally in a good hiding spot. It'll throw them off.
Hide things in your trunk... leave seats as clean as possible.
Carry a dog leash with you with a collar. If you are spotted/stopped by a person, you are looking for your dog which is a terrier (small ass dog) or chiuahuah (sp? taco bell dog)
Use a penflashlight... small and easily concealed. Works fine for looking into cars also. It'll make it look less suspicious to other people.
Do it alone. I can't stress this enough. It's easier for you to think for yourself and look out for your own self, then to try and think what the other person is doing in case you get caught.
DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT TO ANYONE. NOT YOUR BEST FRIEND, YOUR GIRLFRIEND, OR SOME HOOKER. IT'LL COME BACK TO YOU.
Go for nice neighborhoods. Not some shitty ghetto ones. It's just not right. The best you'll get anyways is a stereo and some cds.. w00t, the stereo is probably shitty and cds are worthless. Unless its a drug dealers car... but be wary of a nigga pulling a 9mm out on your ass. He will shoot. Which brings me to my next point.
Cops won't shoot you. You shouldn't have anything on you besides a window punch, a dog leash and a flashlight.. run the fuck away from them and ditch the stuff. I suggest getting good at running distance/fast. I can do a mile in 4:32 and can go for 9 miles straight at that pace before slowing down... think a cop can? Also, work on clearing fences. You can get over more things then you can imagine if you stop being a pussy. Anything up to your chin should be hopped over with ease. Put both hands on the top and jump and pull yourself over, swing your legs over it and land on the other side. If you can't do that, work out more.
If you plan to sell things, do it through internet forums, classifieds (wait 3-4 months), ebay (same, wait 3-4 months, there are specialists that look for stolen goods on there after they are reported stolen), or flea markets (wait 3-4 months again... can't be too safe). Don't do it people at school, because questions will come around and suddenly, someone who you stole from and didn't know will ask for something, you say "yeah I have it" and you are getting charged with possession, B+E, theft, and sale of stolen goods. Best bet is internet forums, and use PayPal, or if your not 18 (like me) use Money orders or Checks and ask for them to be made out for personal goods or something else, NOT WHAT IS BEING SOLD. If it doesn't have the right memo for the exact item, its not proof; just in case you are suspected of selling stolen goods. If the buyer asks, say your parents don't want you selling it, but you are anyway, so you need it to say this instead... works everytime.
Thats all I can think of right now.
NOTICE : To all who read this. This is for informative reasons only. The poster takes no blame or responsibility for what can happen if you actually follow through with what has been stated. It is just to help you out.
[This message has been edited by Ivoryblade (edited 10-27-2004).]
|
|
#544
 2004-10-27, 22:01
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Nice bit at the end there! Great guide there, a must read for anyone wanting to do Night Ops!
|
|
#545
 2004-10-27, 22:48
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I go once a fortnight - I like to recon the area around so I know the best approach, find locals habits (After taking half an hour to get onto my school's field, which is less than 100m from my house, I was almost caught first by some idiot who chose to walk their CAT and some other Night-Opper... who thought he should set off some fire works to amuse the high class bitches...
anyway) and, of course, practice the actual entry if their are security patrols, which are rare...
Owls hunt at night with their superior eyesight, they fly above, unseen, and when they have the perfect moment, only then do they come out of their hiding and move swiftly and efficiently for the kill... We could learn a lot from them. The Chaos Penguin (on Brainiac soon, my trousers had a meeting with diluted silver bromite...)
|
|
#546
 2004-10-28, 00:24
|
The Torch Rope Ladder 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
click here to see the pic
You don't need bars or wooden planks to make a rope ladder. If you have stout enough rope, you can fashion a narrow ladder often referred to as a Knotted Bathing Ladder. Start at the middle of the rope and work down as shown above. The loop at the top is optional.
|
|
#547
 2004-10-28, 00:44
|
HateBiscuit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I had a really thick rope, about 1 - 2 inches thick. I just knotted it up for the foor rangs... simple granny knotts did the trick.
|
|
#548
 2004-10-28, 02:35
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Camouflage is perfect if you don't intend to step into any light. It lets you blend into bushes, grass, and trees much better. Things you actually stand a chance of blending into when light is present.
The way I see it, you should wear camo because the night falls on your camo the same as it does everything else, so you are exactly the same as your surroundings if you wear the right pattern. Also, if someone shines a light into the grass and sees a big black shadow where there shouldn't be one, you're screwed.
Black is great when there isn't any light, but then again, so is any dark color or pattern. Unless you can ONLY hide in unnatural surroundings (wall corners, etc), wear camo.
Then there's the "looking suspicious" piece. A person in all black at midnight isn't exactly normal. At long distances it doesn't matter either way as it would be too hard to establish the person's colors. Black isn't any better than camo for this.
Camo also breaks up the human figure. Does black? Nope.
I can go on and on about how much better camo is than black, I've only scratched the surface.
|
|
#549
 2004-10-28, 02:52
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey Psychlonic, good to see an oldschool night operative here.
And you pretty much listed all the advantages of camo that I couldn't. Usually if I don't want camo, I'll wear a pair of dark grey pants with this green shirt I have. It's not as concealing as my woodland BDU's which I'm nearly invisible in, but it doesn't look suspicious like some black "burglar uniform". It also doesn't stick out as much in the light. Good for urban environments.
[This message has been edited by HARDMAN (edited 10-28-2004).]
|
|
#550
 2004-10-28, 03:13
|
Hitokiri 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yeah man, the other night i commando rolled all the way down the street into some dudes backyard, tazered the dog barking at me, then grappling hooked onto the roof and climbed up! Then i went in thru the roof and this dude was all like "WTF u doin in my house bitch?" So i judo chopped that mother fucker and he was like all unconscious and shit. So then I pulled out my stealth pack and night vision goggles and was like "yeah recognize bitch", as i could see in the
dark.. I commando rolled into the bedroom and stole that fuckers false teeth sittin in a glass next to his bed, "mission objective complete" I said to myself.. As I was leaving the cops pulled up and were like "WTF u doin with that stealth pack, NVG's, and false teeth??" But then due to my superior training of guerilla warfare I flipped out like some mother fuckin ninja and was like "yeah u want some of this?" and they were like "nah man its cool" and they drove away.
|
|
#551
 2004-10-28, 04:17
|
AllShallPerish 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
A Brief history of fans
Fans are costume accessories from the repertoire of a different, more gracious way of living, and are hence evocative of past elegance, embodying a lost language of both ceremony and coquetry. In addition, they often have an air of oriental mystique, a legacy of their Japanese heritage and the huge quantities imported into Europe from China by the East India Company from the 17th century onwards. Images of punkha wallahs waving enormous branches from palm trees in the warmer outposts of the Victorian Empire also reveal the natural origin of the very idea of a fan, to move and cool the air, and pamper the delicate skins of the leisured classes. While in the East and Spain fans have been employed by both men and women, in England only fops and dandies might risk their fellows' ridicule, where fans have been an exclusively female preserve.
Their practical purpose in English tradition since at least the 17th century has certainly been to regulate ambient air temperature, by providing a means of self-cooling, but this facility was soon found useful to hide, or temper blushes. In addition, fans could shield the eyes from the glare of the sun and prevent an unfashionable tanning of the skin outdoors, or prevent the ruddy complexion arising from too vigorous a fire indoors, hence the development of the hand-held fire screen. 18th century Georgian fans often represent the most exquisite objets d'art which were the perfect gift for a lady, in an era which cultivated good taste, and connoisseurship of the handcrafted object. Fans also had a particular place in the traditions of masquerade developed across Europe in that century, masking the faces of their owners, as part of an elaborate ritual of flirtation.
Smaller, delicate ivory and tortoiseshell fans graced the Regency period. By 1865 fans were an indispensable fashion accessory for the emergent middle classes; some of the grander ones were clearly historicizing; others cheaper examples displayed the perceived delights of the industrial age- vibrant aniline dye colours, machine lace, gaudy prints and painted leaves.
Keeping cool and one's cool, at balls and the theatre seems to have been the main reason for the proliferation of fans towards the end of the century and in the 1880s mass-produced fans also became the but of jokes for their often indelicate size. The availability of fans to all and sundry led to an extraordinary snobbery about the fan, exposed in the Diary of a Nobody first published in Punch in the 1890s:
Mrs James was most kind ,and lent Carrie a fan of ivory and feathers, the value of which, she said ,was priceless, as the feathers belonged to the Kachu eagle - a bird, now extinct. I prefer the little white fan which Carrie bought for three and six at Shoolbred's, but both ladies sat on me at once.
Fans survived into the 20th century mainly as gifts and souvenirs, or as a means of advertising. The fan shape became variously a darling of both Art Nouveau and Art Deco styling. Until c1950 a debutante would hold an ostrich feather fan when presented at Court. Today we are most familiar with the paper and fabric tourist export market fans produced by China, Japan and Spain.
Their practical use today is mainly restricted to flamenco dancing and keeping cool on aeroplanes, beaches and in crowded, stuffy rooms.
Hitokiri 2004-10-28 04:50 Detailed history of Asparagus.
Asparagus derived its name from the ancient Greeks, who used the word to refer to all tender shoots picked and savored while very young. Asparagus is a member of the Lily family. Widely cultivated for its tender, succulent, edible shoots, asparagus cultivation began more than 2,000 years ago in the eastern Mediterranean region. Greeks and Romans prized asparagus for its unique flavor, texture and alleged medicinal qualities. They ate it fresh when in season and dried the vegetable for use in winter.
Early American Indians dried asparagus for use later or to make medicine. In the dry, arid lands it is especially useful as a natural diuretic or for bladder and kidney problems. It contains a factor in preventing small capillary blood vessels from rupturing and was used for heart problems. A wholesome vegetable drink can be made from the cooled cooking water of asparagus as long as it is not salted too heavily.
Asparagus derived its name from the ancient Greek, who used the work to refer to all tender shoots picked and savored while very young.
As early as 200 B.C. the Romans had how-to-grow directions for asparagus. They enjoyed it in season and were the first to preserve it by freezing. In the 1st Century fast chariots and runners took asparagus from the Tiber River area to the snowline of the Alps where it was kept for six months until the Feast of Epicurus. Roman emperors maintained special asparagus fleets to gather and carry the choicest spears to the empire. The characteristics of asparagus were so well-known to the ancients that Emperor Caesar Augustus described "haste" to his underlings as being "quicker than you can cook asparagus".
In the 16th Century, asparagus gained popularity in France and England. From there, the early colonists brought it to America. Asparagus is often called the "Food of Kings." King Louis XIV of France was so fond of this delicacy that he ordered special greenhouses built so he could enjoy asparagus all year-round!
One could say asparagus is truly an international food. With its high tolerance for salt and its preference for sandy soils, wild asparagus grows in such diverse places as England, Russia, Poland and Stidham, Oklahoma. Asparagus is depicted in ancient Egyptian writings. Asparagus has also been grown in Syria and Spain since ancient times.
Asparagus is highly versatile. In China, asparagus spears are candied and served as special treats. It is widely popular today as a scrumptious, fresh, and healthy vegetable. People throughout Europe, Asia, and North America use fresh asparagus in their favorite cuisine.
|
|
#552
 2004-10-28, 05:26
|
Nydacaun 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
assholes, i understand posting that stupid shit in a pointless thread, but you're just adding to
Hitokiri's piece of shit post.. and yes i know this reply is pointless itself, but im a hypocrite and i
don't give a flying fuck.. on with the night ops discussion kiddies, and maybe it is time for a new
thread
|
|
#553
 2004-10-28, 13:12
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Nobody can hijack Night Ops, it's 25 pages long retards.
|
|
#554
 2004-10-28, 17:04
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
No need for a new thread yet. we can make a new one if something fucks up with this one like Night Ops II did.
Last night swim went out for the first time in almost two weeks. the plan was simple, just go to a
house that was left empty for thw winter and take a few items that would be useful. my entry was relatively easy, all I had to do was open an upper storie window, which was simple, it just had a latch I moved with an Xacto knife blade (my new favorite tool). Inside I looked around, and then realixed just how much stuff was still there . . . computer, tv, dvd player, stereo. everything. I decided to come back at a later date (they're gone for the winter), with some way of removing everything I wanted in one trip, to minimize the suspicion of the whole op. The house is in a fairly rich neighborhood, but with minimal security. I think I will just move the objects I want out behind onto an old road, throw them in my car and head off. I'll write up a fall report of that when I do it, probably in the next two/three nights.
|
|
#555
 2004-10-28, 17:36
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bolezhinkov:
No need for a new thread yet. we can make a new one if something fucks up with this one like Night Ops II did.
Last night swim went out for the first time in almost two weeks. the plan was simple, just go to a house that was left empty for thw winter and take a few items that would be useful. my entry was relatively easy, all I had to do was open an upper storie window, which was simple, it just had a latch I moved with an Xacto knife blade (my new favorite tool). Inside I looked around, and then realixed just how much stuff was still there . . . computer, tv, dvd player, stereo. everything. I decided to come back at a later date (they're gone for the winter), with some way of removing everything I wanted in one trip, to minimize the suspicion of the whole op. The house is in a fairly rich neighborhood, but with minimal security. I think I will just move the objects I want out behind onto an old road, throw them in my car and head off. I'll write up a fall report of that when I do it, probably in the next two/three nights. How did you find out that this place was empty, with as you put it 'minimal security?' Cuz I would like to find a score such as that.
The Torch
|
|
#556
 2004-10-28, 22:44
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
my home province is highly tourist oriented. that means that there are tonnes of 'summer homes' that just get left behind when the rich people that own them go back down south for the winter. all of them started leaving around now and will all be gone by the end of the month. this guy I met decided on this house cause he'd watched it for a long time and knew the routine.
|
|
#557
 2004-10-28, 23:43
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I wish I lived in a place like that.
|
|
#558
 2004-10-28, 23:51
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yea, same here.
|
|
#559
 2004-10-29, 00:28
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
it sounds good in theory, but people get busted for doing shit like that every year. Ive been doing it on a smaller scale for the last 2 years and havent had a problem yet. everyone here is too stupid to sneak in and out. or they go to houses where people can see them moving things out of it into a van . . . no joke, some idiots got busted by a neighbor callin the cops on them in broad daylight when they were moving a couch out the padio door.
|
|
#560
 2004-10-29, 01:20
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Black is better for ops that are mostly indoors, as a green/brown patter is completly differnt from most indoor walls/floor. Otherwise I completly agree with the camo ideas, although black is usually cheaper. You need to observe the place of your op, and see how much security and how many people are around to find a place like SWIM. Random ops are much harder to pull off
because of the unknown factor.
|
|
#561
 2004-10-29, 04:45
|
nanobot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hi I'm new to this Furom but a long time night oper. I was reading and I came across an artile
about a camera... will long story short look here http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/spyb...led-
015357.php
|
|
#562
 2004-10-29, 12:51
|
deus_ex_machina 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Now that camera looks cool. Could be very useful. On another note, alot of you say that camo is
better than black. What i have found is also that solid dark green works well as well. It doesn't
stand out, and blends into the 'generic darkness' rather than creating a shadow, in urban or
forest. Also, you look normal walkin about in it. I'm gonna experiment in the dark, in different
environments, with different materials, trying to see what works best.
Anyone know where i can get good satalite photo's for england, for free.
|
|
#563
 2004-10-29, 15:27
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I dont bother with trying to come up with clothing that completely masks my body or anything. I just wear dark clothes; black, blue or green and head out. I cant think of any time that Ive thought to myself that I wish I had a camo suit or anything. planning out what youre going to wear usually makes you seem too noticeable to anyone who takes note of what youre wearing.
|
|
#564
 2004-10-29, 17:14
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
It's all in how you use your clothing to your advantage. For example, someone in camo can hug trees opposite of light and jump into bushes to blend in, whereas someone wearing solids will have much better luck siting in a dark corner formed by two walls than someone in camo would. Like all things, it's a bit of a tradeoff.
However, if someone knew of any online outlets that sold camo in a pattern of black and dark grey, I would be very interested in that.
|
|
#565
 2004-10-29, 17:21
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I have two opinions on camo.
goods: Excellent camoflauge. Blends into forested areas and casts no shadow, so would be pretty cool for a night op.
bads: Suspicious. It can really get you noticed and people will start watching you. Pick a path or street that would be mostly-completely empty.
I personally wear camo on most my missions and recommend it.
|
|
#566
 2004-10-29, 23:16
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
CP likes VERY baggy clothes so sort of break up human shape and all back. I don't have any dark rey til next week with my Shinobi Shozoku arrives. I do most of my ops inside, but am moving to rural assaults, ops onto complexs surrounded by forsests or in case, sewers...
Both are good. So is flexibility. Whatever the mission requires.
Chaos Penguin must leave. He's almost been caught.
|
|
#567
 2004-10-30, 00:18
|
Hitokiri 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Roger that, Tango sighted, he's on the move.. Tango down.
|
|
#568
 2004-10-30, 01:00
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
*Wakes up and removes the tranq dart*
Oh... are you insulting my night op gear?
*Takes first punch like a man with an extremely high pain threshold*
*Runs in an extremely professional way, escapes*
Hehe, I am your new infiltration and exfiltration god...
*Gets caught again*
Please don't hurt me.
|
|
#569
 2004-10-30, 10:18
|
iggy320 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I went on a nightop tonight at 4am. There's a construction site near my house so I ran to it on
foot. There was a looooong gravel road and it went for about 5 minutes on foot and ended.. I saw
a petrol truck stationed in a mud field but couldn't get to it because it was way too muddy. I poked
around in the construction vehicles, the gas tanks had locks on them. I found an empty spray
paint can, and some gloves and toques but didn't bother taking them.
Then, I found a bulldozer on a small hill. I pulled the door open, and it was difficult to open because the idiot thought BUNGEE CORDS were secure enough to keep a door closed. I laugh and then shine my flashlight inside and I find a 4 liter jug of expensive 14W40 oil. Considering it wouldn't work too well in my car I didn't bother taking it but I sooo could have ripped them off. Anyway, to leave my mark I put several steel rods across the drivers seat of the bulldozer (to get a worker in trouble hopefully) I didn't want to be too much of a jackass. I was gonna jam a steel bar I found down the vertical exhaust pipe of the bulldozer, but I imagined it being in the news that a bulldozer exploded and killed a guy so I didn't.
On my way home I saw a police car zoom in the direction that I came from. They probably would have questioned why I was out, but I wasn't dressed too suspiciously. I was unsuccessful in pillaging any goods but I did get some fun exploration in.
|
|
#570
 2004-10-30, 12:25
|
gremlin hunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by deus_ex_machina:
Now that camera looks cool. Could be very useful. On another note, alot of you say that camo is better than black. What i have found is also that solid dark green works well as well. It doesn't stand out, and blends into the 'generic darkness' rather than creating a shadow, in urban or forest. Also, you look normal walkin about in it. I'm gonna experiment in the dark, in different environments, with different materials, trying to see what works best.
Anyone know where i can get good satalite photo's for england, for free.
I found this website http://imageatlas.globexplorer.com/I...oup=ImageAtlas and then I use www.maporama.com to find the longitude/latidude.
Around me you can zoom in pretty far, easily enough to map a route and get an idea for the shape of the target.
What about black trousers and navy blue hoodie for costume?
Where abouts do you live in england deus? I live near huntingdon.
J-15 2004-10-30 19:20 Last night I did a night ops. Well actually I just did a recon of the area before I hit on Halloween night. Needless to say I didn't know they had a football game because I don't go to the school. I also didn't know they had security guards during a game. I guess it's so no one sneaks in so they don't have to pay. Well I got close to my target. I hid my bike and got it ready for a quick getaway. Well I sat and waited. Looking around with binoculars. Then about half and hour later I heard a vehicle then someone shutting a car door. Well I know they couldn't of seen me because I was hiding behind bushes. So I think they were going to check for people sneaking in. So I got up and snuck away quietly. Then I got to my bike and took off. It's a good thing I can use the wildlife to my advantage. Well tomorow on Halloween I can finally get revenge on the school. I'm hoping it rains then I can be more sneakier.
|
|
#571
 2004-10-30, 21:23
|
bluefox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I think that night ops in bad weather does have its advantages. I will admit I have never tried these theories, so if there are flaws, dont flame. Im just speculating here, people.
Rain/thunderstorm really discourages people from going outside. It also puts a great sound 'mask' up. With constant rain, masking footsteps becomes unimportant because noone any distance away will be able to hear it. Wanna break a car window? Wait for the flash of lightning, and break at the same time the thunderous boom comes a few seconds later (light travels faster than sound ).
What about a snowstorm? For starters, visibility is cut down to 1/4th what it would normally be, give or take for the intensity of the snow falling. Cops will be out doing things such as directing traffic and dealing with the hundreds of accidents from people who drive too fast on snow do.
Again, I am just speculating here, but as long as you were equiped properly to deal wiht the incliment weather, it could definatly be used to your advantage...
|
|
#572
 2004-10-30, 21:24
|
Phalanx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I wear black-grey mask as part of my gear when i go on night ops BUT if i was ever seen, i would
have the cops on my ass
so i was wondering, should i continue to where my mask?
[This message has been edited by Phalanx (edited 10-30-2004).]
|
|
#573
 2004-10-31, 02:08
|
iggy320 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bluefox:
I think that night ops in bad weather does have its advantages. I will admit I have never tried these theories, so if there are flaws, dont flame. Im just speculating here, people.
Rain/thunderstorm really discourages people from going outside. It also puts a great sound 'mask' up. With constant rain, masking footsteps becomes unimportant because noone any distance away will be able to hear it. Wanna break a car window? Wait for the flash of lightning, and break at the same time the thunderous boom comes a few seconds later (light travels faster than sound ).
What about a snowstorm? For starters, visibility is cut down to 1/4th what it would normally be, give or take for the intensity of the snow falling. Cops will be out doing things such as directing traffic and dealing with the hundreds of accidents from people who drive too fast on snow do.
Again, I am just speculating here, but as long as you were equiped properly to deal wiht the incliment weather, it could definatly be used to your advantage...
I personally like windy summer nights the best. There's a lot of tree noise, and tree movement so you'll have such a small chance of being heard or seen.
That hitting a window during thunder idea is brilliant.. The only thing is, it kind of sucks being out in the rain for an hour.
|
|
#574
 2004-10-31, 02:50
|
TheTroubleMayn 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Just went oping..was about to check out a lexus... but the light that was on insid ethe house
suddenly turned off..from there I was chased for about 7 blocks..they had a car. Im not some fat
kid either,im an ex all state football player..I run about a 4.8 40 yard dash.. Man THAT WAS
FUCING SCARY
|
|
#575
 2004-10-31, 15:28
|
deus_ex_machina 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You can definitely use the weather to your advantage, but it can also work against you,
eg. You come dressed for a warm night and it snows. Hypothermia, not good! 'Cos its so unpredictable, u cant rely on it in your plans. BTW, gremlin hunter, I liv in England, in Lincolnshire. Thanx 4 that address.
|
|
#576
 2004-10-31, 16:37
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I just want to remind everyone to keep things hypothetical in nature.
|
|
#577
 2004-10-31, 17:22
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Feds don't care about little shit like this... if you were to say that you were going to bomb
something or do identity theft, then don't even say anything. Hypothetical means nothing.
|
|
#578
 2004-10-31, 17:25
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey guys, last night I hypothetically went on my first rural op. It wasn't really rural, but definately not urban like my regular ops. I donned my woodland camo and drove out to the area. I parked my car in this isolated area behind this storage garage, and then had to cross this big field and crossed a four-lane street. I then walked down this road that leads to some freight warehouse thingy, and turned to get off the road. My plan was to head for this creek and do some exploring. First I had to head over a hill. I live in a pretty arid area, so it was pretty rough going. There was lots of thick grass to push through, and I almost constantly had my flashlight out to look out for cactus. Finally I made it over the hill to the flood-basin area of the creek. The terrain got easier to navigate here, because the only thing growing around the creek were trees.
My on only regret was that I wanted to go further, but I got kind of bored so I left. I'll probably go back next week to do some more specific training, like navigation and shit.
|
|
#579
 2004-10-31, 17:31
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I don't find any point to just sneak around w/out cause. If you go out late at night, try to get
something to make it worth your time.
|
|
#580
 2004-10-31, 17:46
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
[b]I don't find any point to just sneak around w/out cause. [b] And, you're too lazy to spell out the word "without".
|
|
#581
 2004-10-31, 18:25
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Look at the sentence structure of the Night Ops thread compared to the rest of bad ideas...
|
|
#582
 2004-10-31, 19:01
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Lets stop with the pointless ops, it doesn't matter if you sneak out and walk around. There is no reason to post about scoping an area out, just post about the exiting parts. Nobody wants to hear that you walked around the block at midnight, unless you do something important.
|
|
#583
 2004-10-31, 19:07
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Like what, robbing a broken cigarette lighter out of a car that happened to have unlocked doors?
|
|
#584
 2004-10-31, 20:25
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by royalman987:
I'm gonna go on my second op tonight. I dont want to take the car, just what's in it. I am bringing the following:
Black shirt
BDU Pants(dont have any black, but these'll do.)
black shoes
Flashlight
2 Flathead screwdrivers (one is small and the other huge)and a hammer
water
a backpack( for the tools and loot)
a dew rag and face cover(makes ya look like a ninja)
latex gloves(dont have leather, so these will do.)
several tools
I need advice though. I know about useing ur stealth and know to strap down my equipment to be quiet and avoid street lights and avoid the cops and all of this is common sense, but I need advice on entering cars and how long will it take to break the lock with a FLATHEAD and HAMMER. also, i know to take as little time as possible. This is my second op, so plz explain the entering of cars with a flathead with as much detail as possible. (I already gathered recon info on the areas.) Thx.
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 10-21-2004).]
buy one of those emergency hammers... I think they'll work
|
|
#585
 2004-10-31, 20:58
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
SWIM's gonna go OP next weekend... more on this maybe on friday...
Imp
|
|
#586
 2004-10-31, 22:47
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Wait wait wait... all of a sudden you can't post about your op unless you actually take something?
Sounds like kewls in here.
Who really cares what was taken and what was not in the op? If I actually cared what other people had, I'd stare into a store window for hours. The point of his post was to inform others of his methods so that they may review and learn or critique.
Furthermore, I don't even recognize half of you people slamming "pointless" ops from the first thread at all. Since you obviously have no clue, the ORIGINAL philosophy was not to take a single thing. Of course it has evolved, but the fact remains that those who do not wish to take anything are as welcome to post as they were before.
The entire idea behind night ops is stealth - not showing off your loot. We post so we can learn from others and maybe teach other operatives some tricks to use.
Anyone can bullshit saying they found a whole shitload of stuff, at least HARDMAN laid it down how it was - not just trying to get an impressive story that won't matter in a day. Again, who's going to look back and care if he took anything? Sure as hell not me. What I MAY come back for however, is to review his methods if I discover a scenario like his.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 10-31-2004).]
|
|
#587
 2004-10-31, 23:34
|
vks24 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey, I don't know if youve seen this site, but its pretty damn good. Its called GlobeXplorer. You should check it out.
|
|
#588
 2004-11-01, 01:56
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
Wait wait wait... all of a sudden you can't post about your op unless you actually take something?
Sounds like kewls in here.
Who really cares what was taken and what was not in the op? If I actually cared what other people had, I'd stare into a store window for hours. The point of his post was to inform others of his methods so that they may review and learn or critique.
Furthermore, I don't even recognize half of you people slamming "pointless" ops from the first thread at all. Since you obviously have no clue, the ORIGINAL philosophy was not to take a single thing. Of course it has evolved, but the fact remains that those who do not wish to take anything are as welcome to post as they were before.
The entire idea behind night ops is stealth - not showing off your loot. We post so we can learn from others and maybe teach other operatives some tricks to use.
Anyone can bullshit saying they found a whole shitload of stuff, at least HARDMAN laid it down how it was - not just trying to get an impressive story that won't matter in a day. Again, who's going to look back and care if he took anything? Sure as hell not me. What I MAY come back for however, is to review his methods if I discover a scenario like his.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 10-31-2004).] If you're just going to post, "I went on an op to look in a building and someone almost saw me so I ran and it failed" than don't waste the time. If you take the time to post something useful its fine then. There's no reason to waste time with dumb ops like that, at least make a good plan/strategy.
|
|
#589
 2004-11-01, 02:58
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I dont mind hearing about people going out on an op, no matter what they do. I just think its cool that theres other people who do stuff like me. who cares about what you take, its just about what youve done in the night, I dont think many people post an op about doing nothing, theres always something relevant to opping in it. to everyone that wants to only talk about taking things, why dont you start your own thread, you can call it the "1337 kewl h4x04 n1gh7 0p p14c3" and talk about all the things you "stole" on your ops.
[This message has been edited by Bolezhinkov (edited 11-01-2004).]
|
|
#590
 2004-11-01, 03:52
|
Phalanx My Night 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
O Halloween, How much do I love thee?
I went out at about 7:30 (dark enough)
and I shot out a bunch of cctv's, and lights before they came on. Anyway i was going to get some candy and raid a constrution site. Halloween is awsome, the only night where i can go out with a ski-mask, and full woodland Bdus and a black bag, without rasing an eye.
At 8:30 i snuck up to a field outside a cheveron and saw 3 12 year old punks go in for rockstars, gum, ect. these guys had stolen my little brothers candy last year, and i was all about pay back. so i waited for the assholes to come out. they came out and cut though the field i was in. oh i was so happy then, i pulled out my CO2 pistol and waited for them to go into darkness. ( imagine what you would do if you saw this from a gas station). so as soon as they were in the dark, i go up and said "happy halloween motherfuckers, this is a co2 gun you make a sound, or move and i will shot you."
One of the kids put his hands up, so i told the others to do so. Next, I told the kids to put all there stuff from cheveron and their pockets into their candy bags.
I told them to set there bags down and trun around and walk away and if the looked back the would get shot . as soon as they were about 50 yards away i took their 3 pillow cases and ran... look for volume 2 when i can get on again.
|
|
#591
 2004-11-01, 05:27
|
nanobot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Bolezhinkov: I agree with you I have been in the shadows since the first thread and it was all
about stealth not stealing stuff, but I do need money to get new gear so I do take one or two
things after I'm inside. Hypnotically of course
|
|
#592
 2004-11-01, 06:29
|
Nydacaun 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
on the camo subject.. what do you guys think about midnite tiger camo?
http://www.militarycraft.com/image.php?s=m&id=117
if i ever purchase some bdu's i think i'd keep this pattern in mind
|
|
#593
 2004-11-01, 06:50
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
tiger stripe works really well at night if used correctly, it blends into shadows.
|
|
#594
 2004-11-01, 19:41
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Last nights op by this guy I met once was pretty sweet. he planned it out a long time ago, waiting for the right time to get into the local high school, just a few miniute drive from my residence. the door on the roof of the school was never locked, because the custodians frequently had to use it to get things off of the roof and probably all kinds of other reasons too. knowing that nobody SHOULD be able to get on the roof helped as well. After a few unsuccessful tries, I finally
managed to hook the fucking grappling hook to a ledge that would support me. I was scared shitless that the thing would break off when I was 3/4 of the way up the wall, but thankfully it didnt. when I got on the roof, I took a quick look around, it seemed safe, so I opened the door, climbed down an almost verticle stair/ladder and got into a janitors room. took a look around there and headed out into the halls. my main goal was to get into a science lab to see if I could find anything of use there, but they were all locked. so I wandered around for a while, the school was totally empty. I did find something of use though: a scale with precise measurements, down to the hundredeth of a gram. I took it, and then walked arounda little more, taking a few nice pens and a few rolls of tape and packages of paper before leaving, this time through the front door, as it is only locked from outside. No alarms went off, no company arrived. all in all, a successful night op.
|
|
#595
 2004-11-01, 19:43
|
sister-sara-sue 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
Feds don't care about little shit like this... if you were to say that you were going to bomb something or do identity theft, then don't even say anything. Hypothetical means nothing. Never assume anything and you'll keep your freedom.
|
|
#596
 2004-11-01, 20:21
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gremlin hunter:
I found this website http://imageatlas.globexplorer.com/I...oup=ImageAtlas and then I use www.maporama.com to find the longitude/latidude.
Around me you can zoom in pretty far, easily enough to map a route and get an idea for the shape of the target.
What about black trousers and navy blue hoodie for costume?
Where abouts do you live in england deus? I live near huntingdon. I used that http://imageatlas.globexplorer.com/I...oup=ImageAtlas site and the pics for my town are from 1995 and are in black and white so I cant realy use them.
|
|
#597
 2004-11-01, 20:45
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
http://www.militarycraft.com/index.p...19/112/?ads=no I think that this camo is better than
midnight Tiger stripe. http://www.militarycraft.com/index.p...26/116/?ads=no
Urban Tiger Street Camo is cool to. I would whare the pants and a black tshirt. If it is snowy Urban Tiger Street Camo pants with long Jons on and a white long sleave.
And now on the 'Pointless Ops' thing. It did sound like Hardman's op was pointless but when I was younger I had lots of fun runing around in the woods. I would still be runing around in the woods if they where not so far away. It would not have been pointless if he had been looking for a way to get in to the 'freight warehouse thingy' or looking for a escape rote from thare. Mabe thats what he was doing.
I thouth the point of doing a op was to get money or some stuff.
The Torch
Is
Out
|
|
#598
 2004-11-02, 01:25
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was always under the impression that an op was to go out and have fun subverting society. I know thats not what goes through most peoples heads when they head out, but thats what Ive always enjoyed doing. doing what Im not supposed to do.
|
|
#599
 2004-11-02, 02:43
|
homemadenaplm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I need some help here. The crew I usually do night ops with broke up. 2 got arrested and another
moved away. I was wondering if there were any more people from this area that partake in night
ops. Shit is so much easier to do when your with others. let me know.
|
|
#600
 2004-11-02, 13:14
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
okey this girl at my street has this really old/ugly car.. anyway she has like 20 cd�s in the car..
1. its on my own street =(
2. She has a lot of cd�s =)
3. its old = maybe easy to open =)
but it is okey to do, when its on you own street even though the score would be okey
Imp
|
|
#601
 2004-11-02, 18:38
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Wearing camo is so common now on street that you're not likely to attract too much suspicion by wearing it. You might want to mix it up so you don't look like some sort of N/O Militia.
|
|
#602
 2004-11-02, 21:04
|
gremlin hunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:
Originally posted by The Torch:
I used that http://imageatlas.globexplorer.com/I...oup=ImageAtlas site and the pics for my town are from 1995 and are in black and white so I cant realy use them. Shame you dont get good pics. I can see people standing in the field by my school and can see one of them is blonde.
I always wanted to have a personal sattalite to moniter places and stuff. If anyone wants to buy me a birthday present...
[This message has been edited by gremlin hunter (edited 11-02-2004).]
|
|
#603
 2004-11-02, 21:58
|
jamgo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
does any one know of a satellite image sight that goes up close to anywhere in canada... actually lookin more for saskatoon saskatchewan (central canada)
|
|
#604
 2004-11-02, 22:12
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by -Imp:
okey this girl at my street has this really old/ugly car.. anyway she has like 20 cd�s in the car..
1. its on my own street =(
2. She has a lot of cd�s =)
3. its old = maybe easy to open =)
but it is okey to do, when its on you own street even though the score would be okey
Imp Don't be dumb when you do the op, start from a friends house, quickly run by try the doors and grab the cd's or keep going. Don't go to your house, run for a while, change clothes. Return no sooner than an hour, perferably spend the night somewhere and have an alibi. All in all I suggest don't unless you think you can get away with it
|
|
#605
 2004-11-03, 14:57
|
royalman987 (I did it!) 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Materials:
Black sweat pants
Black Shirt
Black Hat
Leather Black gloves
Black Backpack
Black socks and Black boots
In short, I got a boombox and a laptop from a rather peaceful neighborhood. I finally got a laptop!
Well.... I left at 1:45 and did a little browsing. (i oped the neighborhood at seven.) The neighborhood was a street away from me with a police station beside it, but by 2:10 they could give a crud as to what goes down. I used a flathead, shattered the window and grabed the shit to break for it.
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 11-03-2004).]
|
|
#606
 2004-11-03, 21:06
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well I have been trying to start a band from like June till now. I got drums and a gutar. This guy
named Bobo and his girlfreind came over. Long story short the one or both of them stole my
computer hard drive, she stole some like crapy pokemon cards of my litte brothers and some of
my paints and he stole my gutar cord(a $2 cord what a scumbag). I like gave them a place to stay
and feed them.
Now I got her phone number how can i turn this in to me knowing whare she lives?
|
|
#607
 2004-11-03, 21:20
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Oh ya on a side note did that drano in the pillbolte thing work?
|
|
#608
 2004-11-04, 04:18
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by homemadenaplm:
I need some help here. The crew I usually do night ops with broke up. 2 got arrested and another moved away. I was wondering if there were any more people from this area that partake in night ops. Shit is so much easier to do when your with others. let me know. I'd have to disagree. Its easier when your alone. Anything happens thats unexpected, you know what YOU are going to do, you can't know what the other people will do. Less things to worry about, less complications.
|
|
#609
 2004-11-04, 04:20
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bolezhinkov:
I was always under the impression that an op was to go out and have fun subverting society. I know thats not what goes through most peoples heads when they head out, but thats what Ive always enjoyed doing. doing what Im not supposed to do. I used to just go out and sneak around too. Thats how I started out. But, I eventually got bored with it. Sneaking around is easy, mostly because people DON'T CARE. They hear something..meh, w/e, thats the end of it.
|
|
#610
 2004-11-04, 04:26
|
sk4 b4nd1t 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if you live in the us you can check
http://directory.superpages.com/wp/reverse.jsp?SRC=&PI=
and see where she lives. then you can do any number of things to her house or just pull the ordanary shit with her # and adress
pizza , chineses food , escorts, or any site that you can find that will ship with CODs would make an awesome rag on her. you could also try the old breaking and entering an try to retreve your comp.
|
|
#611
 2004-11-04, 05:03
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
this is post number 666.. is there any point to breaking into a middle school? if so what could i steal, theres one near by and tis really easy to break into.
|
|
#612
 2004-11-04, 05:20
|
carbo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
If you were able to get inside the classrooms, a lot of schools have dvd players in all their rooms now. If you're feeling brave, maybe jack some colored pencils.
|
|
#613
 2004-11-04, 05:31
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
stfu carbo lol. dvd players are a good idea i didnt think of that, we should do an op there.. im thinking of stealing flat screen or two also.. if there is any
|
|
#614
 2004-11-04, 06:08
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
I used to just go out and sneak around too. Thats how I started out. But, I eventually got bored with it. Sneaking around is easy, mostly because people DON'T CARE. They hear something..meh, w/e, thats the end of it. I didnt mean that you just head out and walk around you neighbors yard. I was talking more about avoiding detection at places where people DO care if youre there or not. thats what I started off doing, but eventually realized I might as well take stuff while Im at it.
|
|
#615
 2004-11-04, 08:15
|
nanobot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
SkaterRaider: if you really want to find out what the middle school has go to a sports event or
open house. I don't know find a calendar. This way you could do recon and find a weak entry
point/know the layout/know where the good stuff is.
This is hypothetical
I just finished an op I got in to the 2nd larges building in town by leaving earlier today from a side door but leaving it open a crack it is out of the way so no one will check it. I got in and looked around at shit but I tried to pick a door to get into the computer room but it was too hard for my limited skills. I was about ready to leave when I looked at the clock and it was right around the time the cop partial the area so I just went around the building some more. As I went around I found a side door to the computer room that was unlocked so I looked at a bunch of stuff and left after the cops went home.
The lessons: 1) do recon and mark an entry way 2) learn when the cops are out and memorize these times.
|
|
#616
 2004-11-04, 21:40
|
Spliffing FUCK 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
ok, i was about to go on a night op when my two little brothers decided they were going to come with me...i was like ok, if you can prove you arent going to fuck up, you can come. so i took them on a little op in my village. i went ahead and told them to follow in 5 minutes. about a minute later i looked from my hiding place and saw them coming towards me, making a fuckload of noise and whispering to each other. i waved and told them both to shut up and go home, at which point they disappear back the way i came.
i'm ok, until on the way back i noticed this cunt standing in his drive on the phone...so i dropped into a ditch and waited for about 15 minutes. then another guy comes with a dog and starts talking to the guy who was on the phone. the dog hadnt noticed me when suddenly my two brothers come running up the street shouting 'tad tad we won we went past you' and shouting my name every 10 seconds. im like, fuck! i tell them both to piss off and my older litle brother shouts out 'its only a game tad! wee, tads here!!' anyway, he went home. i just lay there for a little while, then realised that they had woken up every dog in the neighborhood, which all started barking. i decided to go the long way home...then the man with the dog (i think) runs up the road where im hidden. he was just passing me when my phone rang (dont ask why i had my phone switched on...) SHIT, my little brothers had rang me....fuckers. anyways, i quickly turned my phone off and the guy didnt notice me. i went home and enjoyed kicking the shit out of my brothers greatly...
fuck, that was...incoherent.
|
|
#617
 2004-11-04, 22:57
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
How old were your brothers?
|
|
#618
 2004-11-05, 03:15
|
nanobot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
dont bring family or people who cant realize when to say hidden on ops it is just bad oping
|
|
#619
 2004-11-05, 07:09
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
here's a night ops forums. I'm pretty sure the guy who made it is on totse
http://no.conforums.com/index.cgi
|
|
#620
 2004-11-05, 15:15
|
Mr Smith 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well me and my friend had our own failed night ops. About an hour ago we headed of to our local
supermarket to break into the payphone that was out the front. We had to abort halfway through
when we saw a gang moving through the treeline about 100 metres from our position. There was
also a camera that we couldn't see in our original recon. We decided to leave and headed off
another way. We went back in the direction we came from and stopped in some bushes to watch
what the gang was doing. Several went past our previous position then a taxi pulled up and two
more got out. About five more walked up no more then twenty metres from where we were
watching. About two minutes later a silver Nissan Pulsar drove into the carpark of the store. The
whole gang walked off in the direction of the local primary school. (behind and to the left of the
shop) The reason we didn't go back after the gang left was that the camera might see us ripping
the coin box out of the phone. (We had a drill, prybar, fireaxe, very big screwdriver and various
other tools.)
As far as I can see our mistakes were
Bad Recon position. From wher we were watching the phone we couldn't see the camera.
Missed planning. We should have thought about a gang being around and planned for it.
Any other mistakes and any tips on doing it better next time.
[This message has been edited by Mr Smith (edited 11-05-2004).]
|
|
#621
 2004-11-05, 15:47
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Trust me on this one... If you live in the city, then this is the site for you.
scale buildings and physical fitness!!!! Go For It!
www.urbanfreeflow.com
|
|
#622
 2004-11-05, 17:56
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
There's no way you could have anticipated a gang being there. You can plan for everything in night ops. Remember, plans will screw up, but your goal is not to follow the plan, but to accomplish your objective.
|
|
#623
 2004-11-05, 19:03
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
who has been deleting my posts. Well I just want to know how can I find whare sombody lives
from a phone number.
|
|
#624
 2004-11-05, 23:00
|
Phayder92889 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
use this one, Torch. I used it to find a jackass who's been pranking me for a few days.
http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/
type in the Phone number and area code, it'll find 'em if they can be found.
|
|
#625
 2004-11-06, 00:09
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HARDMAN:
How old were your brothers?
uh...7 and 11. it wasnt a proper op, i just wanted to see how they'd do.
|
|
#626
 2004-11-06, 05:47
|
nanobot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
A quick question how many of you can pick locks and how long does it take you for a padlock and
a deadbolt? It take me about 30 sec for a padlock, FOREVER to do a deadbolt and on those high
security locks (keys is 2 inches long) I can't even start.
I have a geographic specific question if anyone from Chicago will give me some good op stops or good dumpster diving sport that would be great. You can PM if you don't want to tell your favorite location online.
|
|
#627
 2004-11-06, 16:15
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well Phayder92889 thank you for the new tool that you have given me. As it turns out the number
I needed is unleisted but this is a good tool. Thank you
The Torch
|
|
#628
 2004-11-06, 21:38
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
sabotage..tonight. =D
SWIM is going to sabotage this kind of fence cuz its freaking annoying when you ride your bike a special place..
mission status: accomplised
[This message has been edited by -Imp (edited 11-07-2004).]
|
|
#629
 2004-11-06, 22:28
|
phsyc0 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if anyone knows of some good dumpster diving spots in or around Tacoma/lakewood washington let me know
|
|
#630
 2004-11-07, 00:57
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Spliffing:
uh...7 and 11. it wasnt a proper op, i just wanted to see how they'd do. may I ask what time this was? its sounds like it was about 6 in the evening. if theres people out walking their dogs and a 7 year old kid is awake, I think you have to wait a little longer before you head out on an op. try for after 2 at least.
|
|
#631
 2004-11-07, 01:20
|
brucejunior 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The one thing that always gets me during an op is a dog. there a a lot of dogs in the town i live in and i always end up running into at least one. No matter how dark it is or how camoflouged you are they can always smell you. So i thought of a way around this, maybe, i was playing with my dog and found that he loves laser pointers. Dogs and cats go crazy for theese thingas they will chase that little red dot like crazy and its nice because they cant hear it or smell it so it interests them alot after the dots disapeers from sight they cant tell where it went and will continue to look in every direction. I thought that if you knew which houses have dogs you could distract the dogs long enough to get by and also the red dot isnt large enough to see from inside a house and if someone does see it, it is hard to tell from which direction it came. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I might try it soon.
whocares123 2004-11-07 04:58 Quote: quote:Originally posted by Bolezhinkov:
may I ask what time this was? its sounds like it was about 6 in the evening. if theres people out walking their dogs and a 7 year old kid is awake, I think you have to wait a little longer before you head out on an op. try for after 2 at least.
He said it wasn't a proper op, he was just seeing how they would do. And obviously, they failed.
|
|
#632
 2004-11-07, 05:08
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Torch:
Well I have been trying to start a band from like June till now. I got drums and a gutar. This guy named Bobo and his girlfreind came over. Long story short the one or both of them stole my computer hard drive, she stole some like crapy pokemon cards of my litte brothers and some of my paints and he stole my gutar cord(a $2 cord what a scumbag). I like gave them a place to stay and feed them.
Now I got her phone number how can i turn this in to me knowing whare she lives?
type the number into google and the adress will come up (dont put the "1" in tho)
|
|
#633
 2004-11-07, 19:56
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
SWIME stole a printer for my computer . . . theres a truck with an open back that does alot of the deliveries around campus and I decided I might as well see what I can do with it. Now that its wintera round here, it gets dark well before 9, which is the time this truck stops making deliveries. In theory the 'op' would be simple. just go up to te truck on a day that the back is open and take something out of it while its stopped. the plan went without a hitch: the truck stops at a science research building, I walk up behind it, jump in the back, grab an HP printer and then head out. easy. I was watching to see if anyone would notice, but for the rest of the night everything went on normally. so I take the printer box back to my place, open it up and install it (the box had been retaped, I didnt think it was a big deal, they were probably just moving it from departments) and then realize that the print head is broken . . . oh well. better luck next time.
|
|
#634
 2004-11-07, 20:16
|
sk4 b4nd1t 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i recently obtained a hollowed out shell that has three holes around the base. i put it on a necklace and now i use it as a way to take out windows
hypotheticly
ska bandit
is
gone
[This message has been edited by sk4 b4nd1t (edited 11-07-2004).]
|
|
#635
 2004-11-07, 22:55
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Lol well my op tommorow is me goin into a school and taking all the fire extinguishers
lol any way it'll be funn you can sell them for alot, at a pawn but i'll probly just eng up having fun
with them....
|
|
#636
 2004-11-07, 23:35
|
sk4 b4nd1t 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
fire exstiquser fight!
also i hope theres a fire and everyone is fine... exept you and your freinds
|
|
#637
 2004-11-08, 02:43
|
elknise88 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
stealing fire extinguishers costs a lot of money. They cost a lot and without them, you are
threatining everyone who goes there lives.
|
|
#638
 2004-11-08, 03:38
|
Firecracker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by elknise88:
stealing fire extinguishers costs a lot of money. They cost a lot and without them, you are threatining everyone who goes there lives.
so true
|
|
#639
 2004-11-08, 15:22
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by phsyc0:
if anyone knows of some good dumpster diving spots in or around Tacoma/lakewood washington let me know Well last night Swim whent to WalMart to buy some stuff. When swim left walmart. Then swim went to Staples and Swim fond 2 2way radios and New in the box Norton Internet Security. Then swim hit Dickys Sporting goods and got a dummy out of thare trash. But all the rest of the stores from what swim found out last night are no good.
|
|
#640
 2004-11-08, 22:56
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bolezhinkov:
may I ask what time this was? its sounds like it was about 6 in the evening. if theres people out walking their dogs and a 7 year old kid is awake, I think you have to wait a little longer before you head out on an op. try for after 2 at least.
like i said, it wasnt a proper op.
|
|
#641
 2004-11-09, 04:58
|
fun_with_fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Me and some friends are hypothetically going on an op in a couple of days to invade some stupid middle school gang hang out so we will be fired upon so i need to know what is a good sight to find an ok kind of body armor (at least strong enough to stop paintballs) If you could provide this link I would be eternelly gratefull and I already tried to google it so dont yell at me for that.
[This message has been edited by fun_with_fire (edited 11-09-2004).]
|
|
#642
 2004-11-09, 05:20
|
|
Regular
|
|
Beautiful British Columbia ©
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Sweet Jesus! 28 Pages!
carbo 2004-11-09 06:03 Quote: quote:Originally posted by Low Rider:
Sweet Jesus! Where?
|
|
#643
 2004-11-09, 07:05
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I live in an urban area; my buddy and I have been on an op before. We were going to break into this school and all of this other stuff, long story short it didn't work out. Would sneaking into my neighbor's backyard and breaking into their house be a bad idea? I just need better ideas than the ones I have now. I'm still a n00b..
|
|
#644
 2004-11-09, 14:19
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by SkaterRaider:
I live in an urban area; my buddy and I have been on an op before. We were going to break into this school and all of this other stuff, long story short it didn't work out. Would sneaking into my neighbor's backyard and breaking into their house be a bad idea? I just need better ideas than the ones I have now. I'm still a n00b.. going into your neighbors place is a pretty bad idea. try doing things further away from your house, in a neighborhood where you arent known and dont know anybody. you can practice going about unnoticed there without as much pressure of being known if someone does see you. it'll also be good to move about somewhere you arent intimately familliar with the terrain, giving you more experience in scouting and adaptabiltiy.
|
|
#645
 2004-11-09, 22:50
|
riddarn2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hi what kinda tools do u need to break in to a nearby store....i have figured out a way too get the code...u take thin plastic paper and put it like a nearly invisible layer on to dial board and then u can test ur way trough
|
|
#646
 2004-11-09, 23:54
|
i_eat_glue 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by riddarn2002:
hi what kinda tools do u need to break in to a nearby store....i have figured out a way too get the code...u take thin plastic paper and put it like a nearly invisible layer on to dial board and then u can test ur way trough Blow the door off with an RPG!
|
|
#647
 2004-11-09, 23:55
|
riddarn2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
but the owners live on the second floor
|
|
#648
 2004-11-10, 00:44
|
Phalanx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
there is a new Night Ops website up
heres the link http://nightops.conforums3.com/index.cgi
Please sign up and post
welcome to it!
just remember that people who sign up in the frist little bit get to be mods/admins latter
[This message has been edited by Phalanx (edited 11-15-2004).]
|
|
#649
 2004-11-10, 01:23
|
Phalanx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
btw where is the night ops 2 thread?
|
|
#650
 2004-11-10, 01:31
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phalanx:
there is a new Night Ops website up
heres the link http://no.conforums.com/index.cgi
Please sign up and post
welcome to it!
just remember that people who sign up in the frist little bit get to be mods/admins latter I better be a mod within a month
|
|
#651
 2004-11-10, 02:13
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Phalanx:
btw where is the night ops 2 thread? It crashed, that's why they made Night Ops 3.
|
|
#652
 2004-11-10, 02:52
|
Rozzrat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fun_with_fire:
Me and some friends are hypothetically going on an op in a couple of days to invade some stupid middle school gang hang out so we will be fired upon so i need to know what is a good sight to find an ok kind of body armor (at least strong enough to stop paintballs) If you could provide this link I would be eternelly gratefull and I already tried to google it so dont yell at me for that.
[This message has been edited by fun_with_fire (edited 11-09-2004).]
Just suck it up and take a shot....you're worried about a middle school hang out?
bring a knife, take some 151, take a swig and blow a fire ball at the kids, or just beat the shit out of one, if you SNEAK up on them right,you cant snag at least one gun or beat one up and scare the shit out of the other littluns
|
|
#653
 2004-11-10, 05:24
|
fun_with_fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
im not worried about them its just thiers a lot of them and they have like 4 stolen go-peds in there and some other stolen shit so I want to rade that mother fucker dry
|
|
#654
 2004-11-10, 06:45
|
elknise88 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fun_with_fire:
im not worried about them its just thiers a lot of them and they have like 4 stolen go-peds in there and some other stolen shit so I want to rade that mother fucker dry Well, they have to leave eventually, if they don't, just get a couple of people with paintball or airsoft guns and just shoot the hell out of them. Also, block all of the exits beforehand.
|
|
#655
 2004-11-10, 07:05
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by elknise88:
Well, they have to leave eventually, if they don't, just get a couple of people with paintball or airsoft guns and just shoot the hell out of them. Also, block all of the exits beforehand. oh god . . . planning things that involve airsoft and paintball is just dumb. stop being a pussy, get some people together and just go kick the shit out of them. its not like a paintball is really going to hurt that much.
|
|
#656
 2004-11-10, 10:58
|
riddarn2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
can anyone give me advices on night ops... What to take with you ..??
|
|
#657
 2004-11-10, 11:00
|
riddarn2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
can anyone give me advices on night ops. What to take with you?
|
|
#658
 2004-11-10, 11:05
|
riddarn2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i have the best sneak out place i live in a base ment and my folks live 2 meterrs up.ANd then i got a window to sneak out from !Perfect
|
|
#659
 2004-11-10, 23:34
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
What do you guys think about hammer multitools?
|
|
#660
 2004-11-11, 00:26
|
Dimension 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Just thought I would warn you not to take mobile phones out on night ops. If you are suspected of a crime by law enforcement agencies they will look up the position of your mobile phone at the time of the crime. It's not hard, in fact you can do it yourself...this website lets you track UK mobile phones, I'm sure they have them in the us too. http://www.followus.co.uk/
|
|
#661
 2004-11-11, 18:00
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dimension:
Just thought I would warn you not to take mobile phones out on night ops. If you are suspected of a crime by law enforcement agencies they will look up the position of your mobile phone at the time of the crime. It's not hard, in fact you can do it yourself...this website lets you track UK mobile phones, I'm sure they have them in the us too. http://www.followus.co.uk/ you can just turn them off and they cant be tracked. only turn them on if you absolutely have to.
|
|
#662
 2004-11-11, 18:56
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dimension:
Just thought I would warn you not to take mobile phones out on night ops. If you are suspected of a crime by law enforcement agencies they will look up the position of your mobile phone at the time of the crime. It's not hard, in fact you can do it yourself...this website lets you track UK mobile phones, I'm sure they have them in the us too. http://www.followus.co.uk/ I would take a cellphone if you need to get a ride out somehow, but keep it off until needed. Also, a portable police scanner to find out if anyone called in a 62c (Auto burglary), 63 (Criminal Trespass), 415 (Disturbing the Peace), 62r (Residential burglary), 62s (Safe burglary, not that often), 459 (Burglary), 459a (Burglar Alarm ringing), 459s (Burglar Alarm - Silent), 415b
(Investigate the Trouble) or 647g (Prowler). Those are the ones that'll be called in depending on what you are doing. If your sneaking, listen for 647g more then anything.
|
|
#663
 2004-11-12, 00:46
|
carbo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dimension:
Just thought I would warn you not to take mobile phones out on night ops. If you are suspected of a crime by law enforcement agencies they will look up the position of your mobile phone at the time of the crime. It's not hard, in fact you can do it yourself...this website lets you track UK mobile phones, I'm sure they have them in the us too. http://www.followus.co.uk/ That's some freaky shit, a stalker could find out wher you've been at any time if he really wanted to.
Shek
|
|
#664
 2004-11-12, 00:47
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm going to go back to sneaking around... slighty modified though this weekend.
|
|
#665
 2004-11-12, 00:52
|
eight.bit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
you really shouldnt be to much worried about the phones. they would need your number to be
able to track you through your cell. and if they had your number im sure they would wait for you at
your address.
|
|
#666
 2004-11-12, 03:24
|
Thyrfing 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I've got a bit of a dilemma and I need some advice
Theres this shed a block from where I live, with good stuff inside (power tools, lawnmowers and shite) and it doesnt have a lock on it, but its right next to a church and theres a big street light infront of it....so im wondering, what to do? I havent seen any targets like this before
|
|
#667
 2004-11-12, 03:39
|
C_E_F 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
what i would do is take out the light a couple nights/days before. use a slingshot and a ball bearing or so. People will think it was just some punk kids and they'll probably take a couple days to fix it.
Then once you've done this, go shopping in the shed
|
|
#668
 2004-11-12, 03:44
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Ivoryblade:
I would take a cellphone if you need to get a ride out somehow, but keep it off until needed. Also, a portable police scanner to find out if anyone called in a 62c (Auto burglary), 63 (Criminal Trespass), 415 (Disturbing the Peace), 62r (Residential burglary), 62s (Safe burglary, not that often), 459 (Burglary), 459a (Burglar Alarm ringing), 459s (Burglar Alarm - Silent), 415b (Investigate the Trouble) or 647g (Prowler). Those are the ones that'll be called in depending on what you are doing. If your sneaking, listen for 647g more then anything. Police codes are different depending on where you live. I'm willing to bet that the codes here for all that shit is not the same as the ones you listed.
|
|
#669
 2004-11-12, 03:56
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
These are the basic ones, you can search for your own police codes.
|
|
#670
 2004-11-12, 04:01
|
Thyrfing 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
quote:Originally posted by C_E_F:
what i would do is take out the light a couple nights/days before. use a slingshot and a ball bearing or so. People will think it was just some punk kids and they'll probably take a couple days to fix it.
Then once you've done this, go shopping in the shed Sounds like a plan, ill shoot out the light with my bb gun tomorrow night while people are doing bar crawls (I live downtown by the way*
|
|
#671
 2004-11-12, 13:05
|
Nova 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yesterday robbed 4 fire estigwishers from the school started a fire at night and left the estigwishers by the fire and the only person the come by saw it. but all they did was call the cops.....and once again on the news....
This weekend should be good.....
|
|
#672
 2004-11-12, 13:45
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
which days do you preferly go on Ops ?
Imp
|
|
#673
 2004-11-12, 18:15
|
carbo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by -Imp:
which days do you preferly go on Ops ?
Imp Monday-Thursday nights. On the weekends, too many people are out late. Also, avoid holidays.
|
|
#674
 2004-11-13, 04:00
|
nanobot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
For large night ops. mon-thurs but if I'm just going out for like $20 then I go out late Friday (I live
in a small town and I have to cops patrol memorized)
|
|
#675
 2004-11-13, 16:47
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Sun-Thurs nights you can go at like... 1-2, or 2-3. But on Fri-Sat nights, it is imperative you go
from 3-4. People are still up at 2-3 from bars, parties, its Saturday. 3-4, nobody is up at all.
|
|
#676
 2004-11-13, 22:28
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey guys, I've been doing night ops for a few years. I'm going to post a few tips for future reference. If anything else pops into my head, I'll post it later.
-If you're being chased by a cop and you find a hiding spot, a clever thing to do would be to pick up a rock and throw it at a fence or something. Make sure it's fairly far away from you, and the cop won't see you throwing the rock. He'll hear it and think it's you, giving you a chance to escape.
-Always have a plan in case you run into someone. Say you're looking for a lost dog, or if you're into the whole wearing camo thing, you could even tell them you're an undercover cop(which could scare them into going back into their houses). No matter what you say, it's usually a good idea to leave the area after you're seen.
-Another thing to do if you see a person and you think they might see you, but haven't yet, pull out your flashlight. As soon as they get close to you and look in your direction, shine the light in their eyes and tell them your fake excuse, or just run away if you have a corner to run around that's
pretty close. Keep the light focused on their eyes while you're running. If you live in the country, just shining it once and escaping into the darkness should be good enough.
-Sometimes it can be hard to stay up late at night waiting for your "go-time" for an op. Sometimes it's a good idea to take a nap the day before. Drink coffee to help you stay awake. I try to avoid soda before ops because it makes my stomache gass up, and there's more cafeine in cofee. Most of all, stay active. Play video games, get online. Don't just sit around and watch TV.
-If someone sees you, but they're kind of far away, just freeze. Don't move at all, unless they start walking towards you.
-When you pass through a well-lit area, keep one eye closed to preserve some of your night vision.
-When crossing open areas, keep low and move slowly. You see guys running across open areas in war movies because they're trying to avoid being shot. You're goal is stealth.
-Avoid tunnel vision. This is very important. One time I ran right in front of two people in their front yard because I wasn't being as observant as I should have been.
|
|
#677
 2004-11-13, 23:58
|
Aer0 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
me and my friends were thinking of doing it soon.
Problem seems to be the amount of people and how dangerous where i live can be mainly because i beleive other people do it here aswell, so some advice to keep hidden?
|
|
#678
 2004-11-14, 02:57
|
elknise88 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
How many people do i need for a small op? What do they need to do?
I'm just afraid that if i bring to many people, their going to start talking or mess something up.
Is it ok just to do ops by yourself within walking distance?
|
|
#679
 2004-11-14, 04:03
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Usually you'll want no more than 4 people. And going alone is fine, especially in urban areas.
|
|
#680
 2004-11-14, 05:06
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Well, I got started on Urb Ex and night ops a while ago. I usually go with one of my friends once
every two months or so. Just seems more fun with a friend. If anyone's in the northern Delaware
area shout on aim at StaplesDCC.
I have a lot of the stuff I need, and i'm constantly acquiring new tools. Phew, a lot of my money is going into this. about.. 320 so far, which is a lot for me. but getting some of it is hard. I'm a minor. Can't seem to acquire a lockpicking set, flares, or a torch. Are there any places where I could get away with it?
Also, what's a good combo tool? thanks.
Happy night ops.
[This message has been edited by Staples (edited 11-14-2004).]
|
|
#681
 2004-11-14, 16:38
|
HARDMAN More tips 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
-Practice running, crawling, walking etc. and keeping your situational awareness. It's easy to get
lazy, so you need to practice looking around to make it natural.
-Practice climbing fences quickly and quietly.
-A note about nervousness; I find that I'm most nervous before an op, but when I'm actually doing it I'm focused on getting the job done and I'm not nervous anymore. This includes when I want to do something kind of dangerous during the op. Don't sit around thinking about doing it, because then you'll get even more scared, just remember that when you're doing it you won't even be nervous and just push yourself.
|
|
#682
 2004-11-14, 19:06
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I've had your mother to appear!!!
|
|
#683
 2004-11-15, 07:44
|
Mr.Happy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hi everyone, I'm new to the whole Night Ops thing. I've read a few pages of the first thread, and a
few of this one, but I can't be bothered to plough through all those pages. So...
I've been thinking about doing this for a while, and I was wondering what you need, when's the best time to do it, what you need to wear, etc etc. I'm planning on doing this with one other friend, and I live in a quietish area of a small town. I was just planning on exploring this time, there are loads of gardens and stuff near my house, all fenced off, and no lack of fairly quiet areas near me. However, the front of my house is right next to a fairly busy road, so that might still have cars/people.
Basically, I was wondering why you guys normally go, and how to go about it myself., for the purposes of exploration only.
Thanks
Be Happy http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#684
 2004-11-15, 09:11
|
StrikeCobra Specialists 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I've got one friend whos a total grease monkey, dus gymnastics and all, could get on any roof, any skylight, hes fearless
My other mate is 6 foot 2, so if we get caught while being pursuit, he looks imposing, and if we are challenged, he can knock them down.
I can plan the situation for likely outcomes and consider factors in the operation, as well as being a good hider.
So its good to have specialists, other than just people who cant really do much.
|
|
#685
 2004-11-15, 20:42
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
winter has set in early here . . . canada sucks for that. so theres snow on the ground and I was thinking about ways to avoid leaving foot prints everywhere I go at night. when thinking about it more though, I decided that leaving foot prints isnt a big deal. the shape of the shoe will be completely obscured by the next day, and the walks up to where I live are free of snow all the time, so I wouldnt have to worry about them leading to my res.
the moral of this is that Im going out on another op tonight, mostly to see how easy it is to move quietly in snow. also to try out some new clothes that are more appropriate for the temperature and the snow on the ground.
Rozzrat
2004-11-16 04:57
http://nightops.conforums3.com/index.cgi
Worth checking out
|
|
#686
 2004-11-16, 21:57
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Its already cold here also (near the great lakes). It hasn't snowed yet, but its around 40� at night.
Footprints? I wouldn't be too worried about them. Just take duct tape and wrap the bottom of your
shoes with that. It will leave absolutely no tread mark besides the outline of your shoe. If your
going for not being noticed at all the next day, then don't go. You can't get around that. I'm going
out tonight.. need a stereo for my car and time to try out my easy punch
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#687
 2004-11-16, 22:24
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
im goin on one tonight i need money....i was gonna last night but didnt wake up.
|
|
#688
 2004-11-17, 22:33
|
Rilesburg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
What do you guys think of this method of obtaining a police scanner, My Friend thought of using a
phone book or google to find some tow truck companies in the area, than going and grabbing a
trucks scanner, do you think they have security systems?
|
|
#689
 2004-11-18, 23:53
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
bumping to first page.
|
|
#690
 2004-11-19, 04:54
|
MOKANE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
in response to the inquery about amount of people...
I work with a team of 4 people sometimes I will do smaller missions solo or with 1 or two if not all can make it.
As of right now our usual plan is as follows;
2 people enter home/building to complete the actual objectives (stealing, vandalizing, etc)
1 person is in cover about 1/4 block away with our cheapo night vision and a pair of binoculars as the primary look out. He usualy wears jogging cloths and has a guillie(sp) blanket.
the 4th guy will be parked around a corner also looking for cops and such and listening to a police scanner.
We all have hands free walky-talkies and use code names, dorky but someone could be listening in so we keep chatter to a minimum.
If a cop shows up the lookouts will tell the inside men through the WT's and they will escape through a predetermined route as quickly as possible where they will be picked up by the driver. After the abort has been announced the primary lookout will jog up to the cop and attempt to distract him as best as possible. Although cops have only come once and we wernt even on the second floor yet so it was an easy get away.
|
|
#691
 2004-11-19, 17:24
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Rilesburg:
What do you guys think of this method of obtaining a police scanner, My Friend thought of using a phone book or google to find some tow truck companies in the area, than going and grabbing a trucks scanner, do you think they have security systems?
You should expect that.
|
|
#692
 2004-11-19, 17:58
|
Mr.Happy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Question: How far away from your home should an op be done to be safe? I don't think anyone
would recognise me within a quarter mile of my house, and I doubt anyone would recognise my
partner. However, there are some good locations closer to my house, away from lights, are these
worth it?
|
|
#693
 2004-11-19, 20:58
|
MOKANE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i wouldnt hit anyone within a mile radius of my house. Also make sure that your family has no ties
to them. you wouldnt want them to unexpectantly visit your parents and recognize your new
stereo that you 'bought with the money you made mowing lawns'
|
|
#694
 2004-11-19, 21:00
|
MOKANE ^ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
but i live in a very rural area where houses are pretty spaced apart, and i have a car availible so if you live in the city maybe only half or quarter mile radius
|
|
#695
 2004-11-20, 05:32
|
|
Regular
|
|
Iqaluit Nunavut Canada
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i come from a pretty small town in canada, and noone locks their doors. you could walk into a
place when they are gone, steal a couple of things, and they might think they just lost it. or wipe
them out. my family has never locked the door even going away on week long trips. anyway, the
point is, just come to canada and rob from us
|
|
#696
 2004-11-20, 05:34
|
lay_z_boy00 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if ur thinking of robbing ur town ur an asshole and deserve to die, fucker. people trust eachother in those lil outback towns n shit now a fucker like u has to ruin it, my advice, fuck off n steal somewhere elsse...that pisses me off..
|
|
#697
 2004-11-20, 06:15
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Welp, i'm going out in about a half hour, to some warehouses about 1/2 a mile from here.. dunno
what I'll bring, etc. Hopefully i can get supplies at the store tomorrow.
|
|
#698
 2004-11-20, 22:36
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Question from the enguin, for those who prefer stealth to stealing... (I do not intend to start a night-ops war, btw).
I've got this thing about planning the infiltration of certain buildings, especially department stores. I'd never do it, I'm too wussy, but in the city centre of good old ******* there is a very large House of Fraser. Around 6 floors high, and I can see a viable way up to the 5th (it involves climbing the clock (this isn't a problem for me, climbing/all movement is my thing) but the question now is...
Gloves. I've tried everything. Grippy palms stay on the surface but your hands fall out, latex same, the only answer so far has been those big snowboarding style gloves made too small so the wrists can't come out, but that really decreases dexterity. Prints are an issue, and help is much appreciated.
To all the car thieves out there - ...
|
|
#699
 2004-11-20, 23:47
|
MOKANE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i like my pair of nike wide reciever gloves that i picked up at sportmart a while ago. They fit real
well have good grip and they dont make my hands uncomfortable/sweaty when im wearing em.
|
|
#700
 2004-11-20, 23:48
|
bpizzle 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i finally got my bike fixed today, so tonight me and my friend are riding out of our town and into
the city, around 15 minutes away. we got some paint, plan on doing some graffiti...i'm also gonna bring my camera and a collapsing tripod to hopefully get some good pictures. also bringing along some water, and random tools. i'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.
|
|
#701
 2004-11-21, 00:11
|
yahoo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Mokane-you play football? did ya steal the gloves?
[This message has been edited by yahoo (edited 11-21-2004).]
|
|
#702
 2004-11-21, 00:13
|
cenoxide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
hey all, i'v been planning an op for a while now, the target is an earth cellar behind some
restaurant/bagery, think they're only open in summers tho.
I did some recon there before, found a vent at the door, and there is like a ton of beer in there! i, only problem is that the door is using a deadbolt, and my lockpicking skills isnt that good, can only pick padlocks.
There is no windows or anything like that btw. i'm thinking about buying a cheap electric drill and drill the lock, suggestions?
|
|
#703
 2004-11-21, 00:45
|
GhosT 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Anyone live in or neer New Westminster in BC, Canada? There this old closed down mental institution called Woodlands that me and friends have been going into and that place is scary as shit at night. You can hear sounds like people walking on broken glass and we even heard something like an animal growling at one point. I'm planning on going there with a few friends tonight at like 1am with all flashlights and knives and shit like that, anyone got any ideas for other things to bring?
|
|
#704
 2004-11-21, 01:56
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by GhosT:
Anyone live in or neer New Westminster in BC, Canada? There this old closed down mental institution called Woodlands that me and friends have been going into and that place is scary as shit at night. You can hear sounds like people walking on broken glass and we even heard something like an animal growling at one point. I'm planning on going there with a few friends tonight at like 1am with all flashlights and knives and shit like that, anyone got any ideas for other things to bring? Yeah a take a camera and take some pics and then post them here if you get anything unusual.
|
|
#705
 2004-11-21, 16:16
|
Jerry Maguire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Adidas taekwondo trainers would be quite good for you guys, they may be white, but you can always put one pair of black socks over them. Really light, flexible and soft.
|
|
#706
 2004-11-21, 19:40
|
rollin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
what should i do for my first night op?
and i think this topic should be sub-forum of bad ideas anyone agree?
|
|
#707
 2004-11-21, 21:38
|
elknise88 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
^^ Yes i Do Agree ^^
Quote: quote:Originally posted by cenoxide:
hey all, i'v been planning an op for a while now, the target is an earth cellar behind some restaurant/bagery, think they're only open in summers tho.
I did some recon there before, found a vent at the door, and there is like a ton of beer in there! i, only problem is that the door is using a deadbolt, and my lockpicking skills isnt that good, can only pick padlocks.
There is no windows or anything like that btw. i'm thinking about buying a cheap electric drill and drill the lock, suggestions? If the doors open out, you can pull the pins on the hinges, other than that, you might be able to cut the deadbolt with a recipricating saw if you don't care about noise.
|
|
#708
 2004-11-22, 02:23
|
cenoxide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
well.. yeah noise kinda does matter, since its next to a road and in a residential area...
im gonna try to see if i can drill locks out tho, just need a lock to "train" on hehe
|
|
#709
 2004-11-22, 04:33
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by rollin:
what should i do for my first night op?
and i think this topic should be sub-forum of bad ideas anyone agree? it already is. nobody is going to make a separate forum for this though . . . theres no need to.
I finally bought something to see at night with, a cheap(er) set of goggles. I went out and played with them last night and had immense ammounts of fun. Im not sure exactly how useful they'll be for simple ops, but it'll still be nice to have with me.
|
|
#710
 2004-11-22, 13:02
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I need night ops ideas... I only did cars for 2 months. I'm ready to move on. Plz help me in thinking original.
and should I go like a mile away from my home? i live in a urban area (and have trained my ass off....) so help would be appreciated. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 11-22-2004).]
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 11-22-2004).]
|
|
#711
 2004-11-22, 15:23
|
tolchok 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by ChaosPenguin:
Gloves. I've tried everything. Grippy palms stay on the surface but your hands fall out, latex same, the only answer so far has been those big snowboarding style gloves made too small so the wrists can't come out, but that really decreases dexterity. Prints are an issue, and help is much appreciated.
To all the car thieves out there - ...
Try cloth gloves. YOu can get them at any supermarket. People use them to polish glassware and other delicate crap. They're excellent. It's like latex , but more comfortable.
Not to fuck this thread, but I find, at least for burglary, that night jobs are harder. Every noise becomes deafening. I mean, during the day there's traffic, no one pays attention to the breaking of a window. Also, There are some sad people out there, staying up watching tv. For instance, It was 4am, and some assholes broke into my shitty diahatsu, i ran out there with my bat and the fuckers ran off. you never know whoes home. YOu could wake them up and get a baseball bat to the side of the head. What I like to do is during the day, ring the door bells, if someone asnswers i just apologise, wrong house and move on. If not, its fair game, in out, all portable electronics I hock on ebay.
Anyway, thats just a suggestion for burglary.
|
|
#712
 2004-11-22, 17:39
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I would like to remind all you idiots to keep things hypothetical in nature.
|
|
#713
 2004-11-22, 19:36
|
Rilesburg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Alright so this is what my friend's plan is. He will find the location of a tow truck company and
observe where they park them at night. Than he, and one other guy who has experience with car
electronics are going to come at 3am and either smash a window or slim jim the door and grab
the police scanners, if the alarm goes a third man will be standing at a nearby intersection with a
walkie talkie (aquired from a pervious night op at a construction site) and watch for the police. If
the alarms dont go, they would take alll the scanners in the trucks. Aside from having good value
for future ops scanners can be sold to street racers or pawn shops easily. What do you guys think
of that plan? anything left out or that i should consider? If i get good feedback i plan on reporting
in detail when he actually does this. Oh and the two extra guys are good friends who wont fold
under questioning or w/e.
-hypothetical...
|
|
#714
 2004-11-22, 20:18
|
-Twisted_Ferret- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Where's the first Night Ops Thread, or an introduction to this thing you call "Night Ops"?
|
|
#715
 2004-11-22, 20:22
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Archives/Ar...-7-004673.html
|
|
#716
 2004-11-22, 21:14
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
My equipment (my stepfather use to be a cop.)
navy blue BDU's
Navy Blue Long Sleeve Shirt
Black Socks and Black leather boots
Black one strap backpack
Police belt
Nylon and Leather gloves(leather on your print side, nylon on the back of your hand)
my gear is a power drill(got from a lock smith. VERY powerful)
screw drivers (in utility case that I made myself.)
Drill bits for drill(ditto for case)
two pocket knives.
now t o train my ass off at the local neighborhood in their yards.
and someone plz help me in ori ginating a good night op. do I live in an urban area, so help would be appreciated. Yes, I've been doing this for 2 months.....im so ashamed. I've been doing cars lately. now for a weakly secured school.
|
|
#717
 2004-11-23, 00:21
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You guys should look into radio scanners for police. Theres a $150 at Radioshack called the Pro-
95 that is quite exceptional for its price. Also, Radioshack will program the police codes in for you!
Its also portable. Look into it, it could mean not being caught.
|
|
#718
 2004-11-23, 17:25
|
Mr.Happy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MOKANE:
i wouldnt hit anyone within a mile radius of my house. Also make sure that your family has no ties to them. you wouldnt want them to unexpectantly visit your parents and recognize your new stereo that you 'bought with the money you made mowing lawns' Since I'm not too interested in theft, the stereo/whatever thing wouldn't be an issue. It's purely for infiltration, I'm just wondering how close would be too close if someone saw you.
|
|
#719
 2004-11-24, 12:55
|
gremlin hunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was going on recon last night. I woke up at two in the morning, got dressed, wentdownstairs. The bloody door was locked and I couldnt find the key. I cant get back through the window without making alot of noise so I cancelled the recon http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
|
|
#720
 2004-11-24, 13:20
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by gremlin hunter:
I was going on recon last night. I woke up at two in the morning, got dressed, wentdownstairs. The bloody door was locked and I couldnt find the key. I cant get back through the window without making alot of noise so I cancelled the recon http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif pussy
heh, find some other way out
anwyay probably going NO on friday...
Imp
|
|
#721
 2004-11-24, 16:29
|
Contract_Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I just did a night operation at my school. Me and my friend got on the roof and sprayed grafitti at some places. It was pretty cool, but oh yeah and none of it happened because it was a hypothetical story.
|
|
#722
 2004-11-24, 16:50
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Sprayed graffiti on the roof? Wow, how kewl.
whocares123 2004-11-24 23:43 Quote: quote:Originally posted by Contract_Killer:
I just did a night operation at my school. Me and my friend got on the roof and sprayed grafitti at some places. It was pretty cool, but oh yeah and none of it happened because it was a hypothetical story. Do you go to a helicopter flying school or something? LOLOLOLZZZ
|
|
#723
 2004-11-25, 03:15
|
Contract_Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
well actually we ran to the side of the building and used an 8 ft. ladder. We just hoisted ourselves up the rest of the way. Then we brought the ladder up by extending our hands down. Then we did our graffitti and placed the ladder back down next to the side of the building. There were night classes going on so we had to be careful.
|
|
#724
 2004-11-25, 03:17
|
Contract_Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
[This message has been edited by Contract_Killer (edited 11-25-2004).]
|
|
#725
 2004-11-25, 05:56
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm going out for some night ops, I'm planning on climbing a telephone pole and trying to get into
a box or two. POSSIBLY if I (this is my first REAL time) have the nerve steal shit from cars.
|
|
#726
 2004-11-25, 07:18
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
After searching for a pole hidden in shadows I successfuly managed to get to the top of a
telephone pole to examine and take any contents of those 2'1' boxes. turned out to be wires, and
a couple of switches attached which seemed to turn on and off lines. So, unless you count the
telco wire I got from a box the other day, I didn't get anything tonight. I also successfuly opened 3
or 4 of the rounded-square boxes, and also the "TELCO ACCESS ONLY" box inside those. just
wires, nothing interesting.
I went to an elementary school to see if there was anything interesting around, but somehow I set off TWO ear-piercing alarms (without even dismounting my bike!) so I biked like hell home.
I decided if I never practiced new things in night ops I'd never get anywhere, so practiced car theft on my neighbors car. didn't take anything though, I would feel bad about it.
So, my main objective was completed. It seems so easy to talk about yet I was fucking nervous (probably because it was my first time) but I would say I've gained about 40% confidence in myself.
This leaves my ultimate goal, to infiltrate a telco manhole, still at large.
Happy Night ops, Happy thanksgiving.
|
|
#727
 2004-11-25, 10:27
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
any one use ropes to absail and climb into a building, or anything like that, ive been thinkin im
gonna do it on an op as it would make it easyer and if we set up and have me go in and my mate
stay at the back with the ropes for a fast escape, i just get there give him his pack and we rapel
down about 15-20m wall type thing get our shit and leave
*hpyo only this theoreticle and wont happen/hasnt*
|
|
#728
 2004-11-25, 17:44
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by gremlin hunter:
I was going on recon last night. I woke up at two in the morning, got dressed, wentdownstairs. The bloody door was locked and I couldnt find the key. I cant get back through the window without making alot of noise so I cancelled the recon http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif the guy who called you a pussy is right. If you cant even get out of your house how do you think your going to get into some other persons house. Fucking 13 years olds.
The Torch
|
|
#729
 2004-11-25, 17:56
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wrk_sux:
any one use ropes to absail and climb into a building, or anything like that, ive been thinkin im gonna do it on an op as it would make it easyer and if we set up and have me go in and my mate stay at the back with the ropes for a fast escape, i just get there give him his pack and we rapel down about 15-20m wall type thing get our shit and leave
*hpyo only this theoreticle and wont happen/hasnt* Well for the longist time swim has been dreaming of geting in to the underground part of my city (cuz the tunles will lead to the 12 story buildings and to bars and stuff) and the only way I can think of to get down to the part I want to go to is to repeling down thare. I will post a link to show you how to make a swiss Seat then you make one then tie your self to a big inmoveable thing and jump off or climp up. I have repeled at least 50 times. http://www.tempe.gov/fire/docs/208.04.htm
thanks to aetherdweller for the link.
Hope it helps.
The Torch
Is
Out
|
|
#730
 2004-11-26, 04:40
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Going out again tonight. this time I'll be car shopping. I love this thing you call night ops.
|
|
#731
 2004-11-26, 04:47
|
|
Regular
|
|
Inside the cage that is my mind.
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Staples:
Going out again tonight. this time I'll be car shopping. I love this thing you call night ops. Just to let you know Car shoping is the lowist form of Night Oping. Now if you Car Shop on the way to/back from a real op and/or a recon thats ok, but Car Shoping for a Op is sad.
The Torch
|
|
#732
 2004-11-26, 05:46
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
thanks for the help, i dont need a harness and i used to rock climb all the time my problem is that
a good safe set up takes some time to do and then packing up is also time consumeing.
goin into sewers and drainage pipes just rope up in a park near a storm water drain and tie to a tree or pole!
ill post if i go on an op using ropes n shit
which should be soon since ive finished school 2 days ago for the year
|
|
#733
 2004-11-26, 08:06
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The Torch, hey, I'm just starting out http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif. But I have a whole plan
set up to break into computer buildings at the water Co., maps photos tunnels everything.
|
|
#734
 2004-11-26, 12:46
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
how did you get maps and the like this would be very useful to me! did you have to show id to get them or what
|
|
#735
 2004-11-26, 13:59
|
gremlin hunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by The Torch:
the guy who called you a pussy is right. If you cant even get out of your house how do you think your going to get into some other persons house. Fucking 13 years olds.
The Torch I have actually been out at night looking for potential targets in the middle of the night, so I have been on 'semi' ops.
The moral of the story was to have an alternative planned whenever you can, and to always know where your keys are.
My eventual target (where I was going to recon) is my old school. I hoped to take a few zip drives (the blue external ones) as they have one for every computer on shelf which they never use and maybe an iMate (i think thats what they are called). And possibly take some laptop ram for myself.
I think I am going to 'train' some more on smaller targets, possibly shed shopping in some allotments, at least one dude must grow weed http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
How often do you guys steal for yourself because you want it and when do you you steal to sell on?
Oh by the way torch, I am 14
[This message has been edited by gremlin hunter (edited 11-26-2004).]
|
|
#736
 2004-11-26, 15:43
|
Ivoryblade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
The Torch:
Just to let you know Car shoping is the lowist form of Night Oping. Now if you Car Shop on the way to/back from a real op and/or a recon thats ok, but Car Shoping for a Op is sad.
The Torch
I don't see why car oping is the lowest form. Everyone can do what they want. If you know where to look, and what to do, car shopping can be very profitable and fun. Whats a "real" op? Sneaking around a field or something, or breaking into a house/office complex?
[This message has been edited by Ivoryblade (edited 11-26-2004).]
|
|
#737
 2004-11-26, 19:21
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
wrk_sux, you can use terraserver http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ for visual, and topographic
maps of your area, they work really well for me.
You can also visit your local land records place in your town and ask for maps, like telecommunications layouts and drains, tunnels etc. I haven't done this yet but I plan to.
And, if you just want general maps mapquest.
---------------
Anyway, somewhat off topic, could someone post pics of different kinds of phone boxes? (like the kind you find outside) I've been looking around for them and haven't been able to find many. thanks a million.
EDIT: Ivoryblade, good point.. what is a 'real' op?
[This message has been edited by Staples (edited 11-26-2004).]
|
|
#738
 2004-11-27, 10:09
|
Red Dragon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Yo This is Red Dragon.I've read every single reply to this thread and have found it very informational.Me and my friend did perform something of a Night Op a while back.
This is all hypothectical.But me and my friend went out for some random vandalising (sp.)We brought along some spray paint and wore all black.We stayed out for maybe 5 hours.Randomly spraying things and raiding mailboxes for goodies.So as the night was winding down and we were making the long treck back to my house we got to talking about raiding cars and what not.So I told him lets just see if that van over there will open if it does we'll raid it and go home if not we'll just call it a night.
Well we made our way to the van all stealth like.We opened it up to find some cd's that my friend grabbed and I saw an interesting little brief case/back pack thing I grabbed that.We were close to my house when we finally decided to open the case low and behold there sat a laptop.I about shit myself so did my friend.We quickly rushed back to my house and fiddled with it the rest of the night.
That was probably the best Night Ops ever for me.But I'm gonna have him come over and we'll actually plan it out this time useing all of the helpful information you guys have provided.So thanks all who have contributed to this thread.I will post results of future Night Ops for sure.
|
|
#739
 2004-11-27, 12:44
|
gremlin hunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I was googling for ways of making a rope ladder and I found this
http://www.scoutingresources.org.uk/...tml#ropeladder
I even found how to tie the knot
http://www.folsoms.net/knots/animations/frames.cgi?gifname='animh.gif'&title=Manharness%20 Knot
I'm making one as I type this
|
|
#740
 2004-11-27, 18:38
|
bluefox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
can someone give me the link of that badass program that you can zoom in anywhere in the US? no, im not talking about the website, there was a program you all were talking about, but I cant go searching through 25 pages of posts looking for it...thanks yall!!
and I have a question, any way to search via latitude/longitude, and get a zipcode etc? thanks...
|
|
#741
 2004-11-27, 18:52
|
Red Dragon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You probably mean KeyHole 2 PRO.Go here for a trial after that just make a new user name to keep useing it.
http://www.keyhole.com/
|
|
#742
 2004-11-27, 19:01
|
bluefox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
that was it, thanks a bunch red dragon.
|
|
#743
 2004-11-27, 21:44
|
Thyrfing 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
A Pathetic Ops:
Starring: Me and Swim
This is the story of my First ever ops
(this was a while back)
Swim managed to "buy" a tubular lock breaker (his dad's a cop)so we decided to try it out on random houses, but we didnt steal anything, mainly because most of the locks ended up jammed or the breaker didnt work....Then we got a good idea. We went to the local middleschool shop area (Middleschools in our area no longer teach shop hence the sections unused) and broke the lock and opened the door, no camera anywhere.....Only problem is: EVERYTHING WAS FUCKING BOLTED TO THE FLOOR AND RUSTED!
Only thing that wasnt were about 250 c02 pellet gun cartriges, about 10 16oz c02 cartriges and a few helium tanks,so naturally, being dumbasses, we turn on the towering helium tanks, grab up the co2, close up the door and leave.....Only dumbass swim leave's his lockbreaker in there.....I didnt have a record but Swim had one a mile long....so we waited days, then weeks, then months,and nothing not so much as a news artical or phone listing...3 months later we just walked back into the school, took the lockbreaker back(Now under a heavy lair of filth and was rusted to hell from leaky pipes) and left..(The shop is connected to the school by a doorway with big windows all around it+they were also using it as a spot to put garbage until trash day)
This has got to be the weirdest thing ever. Its not like they didnt know we were there (swim "got sick" in the shop due to being drunk) they just didnt care, maybe they thought nothing was missing, or maybe we ended up stealing garbage, I dont know. But this has got to be the weirdest ops EVER
[This message has been edited by Thyrfing (edited 11-27-2004).] Red Dragon 2004-11-28 00:54
How much the tubular breaker or whatever cost??? He got it from his dads station,His dad claimed they cost 25-75$'s when he got caught.
|
|
#744
 2004-11-28, 06:25
|
1HigHMohicaN 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
any ideas?
AIM: ordinaryjuggalo
Yahoo: tomahawksouth//tresbienbitch
--im one TRYBAL dude--
|
|
#745
 2004-11-28, 08:22
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I went on a small scale op yesterday to try out the idea of rappelling down onto a building. me and
a mate go out with harness under our clothing with 2 40l back packs im carrying the ropes and
belaying gear he was empty. we ride about 3km to this old building that is just storage now. we
arrive along the bike track at about 2:30 it is a nice summer night, we rope up using a lamp post
and tree a short way off the track, I go first doing a frontal abseil as I don't need some one to
belay me but he does. It is a bout a 12-15m cliff type wall thingy! We have 25m of rope so that
was fine. We were down and on the roof on of the building in 17mins from when we got off our
bikes (not bad for a first time and we had). We went in through the door on the roof, skylight was
an option but not for a while till we try that. We did some recon work and this door is not alarmed,
guess they didn't think someone would go down 12m onto a 2 stories building. There were mostly
corporate documents and other stuff we got some of those USB drives that were in a box and
other assorted odds and ends then we found some old laptops that weren't worth much and left.
We were there for a longish time. left and started back up the wall we came down that took 5
mins.
this was a good first op using ropes and that style of entry it was fairly fast very quiet and easy to do if you have had experience with that type of thing. For the next time we will do another building that is very low risk while we get used to doing it, the only thing I would recommend taking is a small 5m non static line and some crammers for the climb up as you are climbing without a safety line. use a static line it is better for going down and up. With some practice we think we should get the time down to about 8m from stop to being ready to go down.
It is a great way to go as if you were being chased you climb up a cliff and get on bikes. the advantage of a bike track is there is no vehicle access so no cops to stumble on you or chase you.
sorry for the long post
*this is fiction and never happened*
-edit for spelling-
[This message has been edited by wrk_sux (edited 11-28-2004).]
|
|
#746
 2004-11-28, 08:33
|
snakewanab 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hi, as you can tell from my status im a noob,so with that said....the past couple of days i have been pondering the idea of busting a "metal gear" as i would describe it and was thinking of ideas and equipment..i was looking for equipment online and i came across this site and so fourtuneatly found this thread night opsIII and damn i was so lucky...anyways i look foward to posting and was also wondering if any one lived in my area long beach,Ca so please let me know...ok thank you
wrk_sux
2004-11-28 08:36
we might need a little more info than that! if you are starting out get used ot the areas and places
you want to go. get a bike so invaluable then work out where you are going and what you need.
for the guys who want a rope ladder buy a rock climbing one it light wont break and will support your weight and is quite small
[This message has been edited by wrk_sux (edited 11-28-2004).]
|
|
#747
 2004-11-28, 08:37
|
Paper Jeff 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I went on my first night op, well not technically an op, at 2:00 AM.
Plan: I was going to go into this man's
garage and then maybe into the house, he is gone until Tuesday.
What happened: I walk through yards, and skip fences until I get to his house and come up from behind to reach the door on the side of the garage. I then proceed to open the door, and I am welcomed by his dog growling, the dog wasn't to big, but I bet it could have taken a bite out of my ass. Scared shitless I run as fast as I could and nearly kill myself jumping the fence and bash my head on the ground slightly, and I get up and turn around seeing the dog on the other fence growling and barking at me. I then decide that I failed horribly at my op, and decide to call it quits. I walked slowly back to my house exhausted, and climb through the window.
Op failed http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif.
|
|
#748
 2004-11-28, 09:45
|
safeage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i have heard everyone saying about car oping is this breaking in to them? as virtually all cars are
locked.
|
|
#749
 2004-11-29, 06:27
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by safeage:
i have heard everyone saying about car oping is this breaking in to them? as virtually all cars are locked. you will find that most cars parked in car port or in there homes arnt locked so you jsut go along and look, suburbs with lower crime rates usually dont lock there cars or what one of my mates did and this worked really really well is to go to the airport and go into the longterm carpark and go along looking there is no 1 there and they are km's away from anything so go shop and leave!
|
|
#750
 2004-11-29, 14:57
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I ran from a cop and won.
well the advice to give is this:
WHen escaping, NEVER, repeat -N-E-V-E-R- LIMIT YOURSELF. well... any help on a strength climbing program would help me a lot. I need some help climbing stuff. thx
|
|
#751
 2004-11-29, 16:47
|
ChaosPenguin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
To The Torch.
I happen to be a 13 year old, atm. INterview me, if you must, tommorrow sometime. We're not all incapable of climbing through a window without making a noise. Car shopping for an op? Car shopping isn't an op. Oh, btw, I had a friend do the House of Fraser. He had some fun almost
falling off the clock tower, but otherwise it was good - they must have known he was coming because they left a lovely skylight open for m- him. Not even a guard. The lesson I learned from this one, however, is that if you ever climb up a white building in white the shadows become even worse than normal, I'm sure this is why 3 rather large men came after me when I left the building. Luckily I had my jet pack to fly away and graffiti the place and then nick some stuff from a couple of cars. That and jumping into a skip to hide.
Needs must. The Chaos Penguin.
|
|
#752
 2004-11-29, 19:47
|
MOKANE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by royalman987:
I ran from a cop and won.
well the advice to give is this:
WHen escaping, NEVER, repeat -N-E-V-E-R- LIMIT YOURSELF. well... any help on a strength climbing program would help me a lot. I need some help climbing stuff. thx dude congrats on escaping the cops, but it isnt really that hard, they are just people too.
|
|
#753
 2004-11-29, 21:45
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
well... it WAS my first time. Does anyone have any op tips? I need to make a grapple hook. And someone plz tell me how to break into a car without using a flathead to bash in the window? plz?
thx.
|
|
#754
 2004-11-30, 07:54
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by royalman987:
well... it WAS my first time. Does anyone have any op tips? I need to make a grapple hook. And someone plz tell me how to break into a car without using a flathead to bash in the window? plz?
thx. unless you have a plan and are experienced at forging/welding, I do not reccomend making your own grappling hook. you can buy them at military surplus stores and online though.
you could get a porcealine chunk, it shatters glass silently, due to the unique particle density. you can get one off of a spark plug or some power poles have them attached as well.
|
|
#755
 2004-11-30, 17:35
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I am stupid.... I don't know what it looks like or how 2 use it... plz help me? I gotta go on an op tonight. So...... yeah.
All help welcome. plz don't flame me..
|
|
#756
 2004-12-01, 10:44
|
gremlin hunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by royalman987:
well... it WAS my first time. Does anyone have any op tips? I need to make a grapple hook. And someone plz tell me how to break into a car without using a flathead to bash in the window? plz?
thx. I had an idea of getting two copper pipes in [ shapes and attaching them on a central rod so it
looks like [- from the side.
|
|
#757
 2004-12-01, 12:41
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
i will use that idea, but what does porceline look like? I can then coat a pick wuth it.... http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#758
 2004-12-01, 15:09
|
gremlin hunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by royalman987:
i will use that idea, but what does porceline look like? I can then coat a pick wuth it.... http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif Isn't porcelaine what posh plates are made of??? It is well fragile. Also it is a chilli pepper song.
(I watch to many antique programs)
|
|
#759
 2004-12-01, 16:25
|
MOKANE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
using porcelin (sp) isnt going to make the entire procedure silent. even if it can actually break the
glass silently you are still going to have the sound of all the glass falling and hitting itself and the
ground or werever it lands.
|
|
#760
 2004-12-01, 17:30
|
snakewanab 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Hey whats up guys? i was wondering if you guys had any advise on walking quitely? like through dead leaves also jumping of a roof whats is the best landing posture and is rolling a possibility okay one last one promise,where could i buy a lock pick kit? in a locksmith store would they sell a kit to a 19 year old kid? okay thanks
|
|
#761
 2004-12-01, 18:42
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Learn to do a shoulder roll like they do in judo. This is not a somersault. You start by stepping
forward with one foot, drop the arm on that side toward the ground and shift your weight forward
so you shoulder (NOT your head) contacts the ground and continue rolling forward with your back
rounded until you come around again to a standing or kneeling posture.
You can land safely off of a fairly high jump this way.
|
|
#762
 2004-12-01, 23:25
|
regional-kingpin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I juts "fall" when I jump and land on the ground...
It hurts but when pigs are after you, you just have to get up and keep running!
|
|
#763
 2004-12-02, 00:33
|
hazmat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
You said that you are 19, so get a credit card (or an ATM card) and order a kit online. Heres a great site, where I ordered mine.
http://www.southord.com/catalog.asp?cat=locksmith
The one for $15 is all you need, really. 4 picks and one tension tool, plus the instruction booklet for amatuers. If you are after a more professional kit, they have a 69 piece kit with every kind of pick you can imagine.
|
|
#764
 2004-12-02, 00:55
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
if youre worried about glass falling to the ground and making noise, then you can carry a blanket
with you, put it under the window and the glass can fall onto that. or you can get packing tape and cover the window with it, to keep all the glass together when it falls.
|
|
#765
 2004-12-02, 01:09
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Thought this may be of use to those of you who have problems dealing with cameras:
http://www.naimark.net/projects/zap/howto.html
The guy here experiments with a laser, along with laser/scope combos to defeat cameras. As you'll be able to see, it works well, but the effects are nullified via filtering unless multiple lasers of different colors are used.
|
|
#766
 2004-12-02, 04:02
|
StrikeCobra 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Snakewannab...
My friend recomended this page to me. Its actually about tracking animals, but it shows stealth techniques, including silent walking
http://www.geocities.com/baldurstran...ria/stalk.html
|
|
#767
 2004-12-02, 04:13
|
fenderboy947 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
(I have been browsing for a while and this is my first post) I have been wondering how you would get a rope down off say a building after you rapelled down. I have thought of a few ways but all of them included losing some equipment.
|
|
#768
 2004-12-02, 04:20
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Whenever you jump off of something, always land on your toes, never your heels!
|
|
#769
 2004-12-02, 12:19
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fenderboy947:
(I have been browsing for a while and this is my first post) I have been wondering how you would get a rope down off say a building after you rapelled down. I have thought of a few ways but all of them included losing some equipment. unless you got some one up there you dont!. go back a page or two i wrote about an op i used with ropes, how would you get ontop of the building to reppell down it? i had another person but we aso climbed back up and escaped with all our gear since rope cost a lot of $$$ then find another way if you cant aford it, also when you climb be carefull seriously use a harness and rope up right if you dont know how go indoor climbing and learn how to do it. it aint as easy as it looks and no net tutorial will teach you well enough as each country uses a diff method of ropeing up and climbing.
|
|
#770
 2004-12-03, 01:02
|
fenderboy947 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
some night ops veteran should post a guide to planning a successful op. Include recon, equipment, etc. Not in the forum though, get it posted in the text files. I have seen the multiple pieces of guides at the first couple of pages, but it needs to be compiled into one complete guide which covers everything one would need to know.
[This message has been edited by fenderboy947 (edited 12-03-2004).]
|
|
#771
 2004-12-03, 02:13
|
DjDuece 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
get a small flashlight with a RED lens - red doesnt make your retinas shrink like white light does,
so when you turn off a red light... you dont need to wait for your eyes to adjust to the darkness
again.
a good distraction, for getting away, is to get a small, crappy battery powered radio (or something ), turn it to a talk station that gets good reception in your area, and wrap it in bubble wrap (the kind with large bubbles). Just dont cover the speakers or the power switch. (and duct-tape the battery compartment closed). if there are two speakers, you only need to leave one uncovered. you can spray paint the bubble wrap flat black if you're worried about it being a vision-giveaway.
when you get in a jam, turn the radio on and jack the volume all the way up, and throw it somewhere where it's sort of hidden (in the bushes...) it will distract your enemies, and while they are walking in the direction of the blasting talkshow/music in the night, you can slip away into the darkness. or at least find some good cover to wait it out.
|
|
#772
 2004-12-03, 04:56
|
wrk_sux 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fenderboy947:
some night ops veteran should post a guide to planning a successful op. Include recon, equipment, etc. that would be a good idea except many people do things in a differnt way there is no real standard gear except mayb a torch and dark clothing, you would be better to look at the files that contain the individuals like recon, stealth and the like, there is a guide to be comming an assasan there that is worth a read but just read peoples posts and you will get an idea of what each person takes, how they plan and what they want to do there be it steal, graph or just go and leave without a trace
[This message has been edited by wrk_sux (edited 12-03-2004).]
|
|
#773
 2004-12-04, 03:31
|
elknise88 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I guess you guys don't read anything on the totse. There is a extremly thurough guide already
writen...
http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ir...ion170706.html
Elknise
|
|
#774
 2004-12-04, 03:56
|
|
Moderator
|
|
hardtown, hardstate, hardnation
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by elknise88:
I guess you guys don't read anything on the totse. There is a extremly thurough guide already writen...
http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ir...ion170706.html
Elknise Good read.
|
|
#775
 2004-12-04, 04:02
|
Spiphel Rike 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I haven't done any real night opping, but i've been on a few night exercises with the army cadets, and i'll give you some basic considerations and things i like to worry about while i'm out there.
there's the 6 s's and m
shape-people, and equipment often has a clear shape, try to disguise this with whatever you can.
shine-shiny stuff is shiny and visible (duh!)
shadow-try not to make shadows, they're also great to hide in too.
silouhette-if there's a light source behind you then there will be an outline that sticks out like dog's balls.
surface-be aware of the texture of your clothing and other gear, try to match with your environment.
spacing-space equipment and stuff out in an irregular manner.
movement- movement catches the eye
next thing is that white light is really obvious and stuffs up your night vision, there's the good ol red filter, but there are also other colours that work better than this so try to find out more.
I'm going to assume you are all in urban environments, so clothing should be gray, black or navy. These are all good colours, as they can pass as regular civilian clothes, as camoflage gear is a dead giveaway.
Military type clothes are good, as in BDU pants and shirts in these colours. These clothes often have large pockets, and also cover most skin, which will always be shiny. If you have a lot of money to spare get some decent boots, with soft soles, as these will not make as much noise and other footwear that is available.
If you plan to carry or take equipment then a harness and belt kit could be useful, as everything is within easy reach, you can even carry water and some snacks if you want.
wearing a balaclava or similar item is a touchy point, it will stop you being identified, and keep all that shiny skin hidden, but it may be too hot and will look extremely suspicious if you are discovered.
if you guys want to know more add me spiphel.rike@gmail.com
I'll try to type some more later
happy hunting :P
|
|
#776
 2004-12-04, 06:27
|
wrk_sux bike tracks 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
these are a well underused point of night ops, if the location you wish to go to is along a bike track then take a bike! at 2-3am no one will be there no cars can come along and chase you and you will have a fast and well built escape track. the bike paths near me that i use are ashsfault i dont need to use a light on most nights as i just need ot see where hte path bends and not the actual surfacethere is nothing on the track that i have to worry about most of the time. most tracks go through parkland and the like which is good for seculsion but bad because it means you may have to walk a bit to your op. i have now started finding good ops along bike tracks because i prefer my bike to walking it gives me an increased range and is silent and can carry more gear on it, and for the very obvious fact that it is faster. finally if you are gonna use bikes on your op work out how far you are going ride the way a few times and train there is nothing worse than not being able to escape or make it home beacuse you are unfit
[This message has been edited by wrk_sux (edited 12-04-2004).]
|
|
#777
 2004-12-04, 09:14
|
C_E_F 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Shine is included in surface because things usually shine off the surface of things your wearing.
and its really fast movement that attracts the eye. you can move slowly without being seen if you are skilled.
So what do you guys use for protection/weaponry etc??
My group tends to use mace, blowguns, slingshots (for light and distractions) and a couple of 50lb crossbows. We usually just use the crossbows as deterrants or last measure. we are testing them to see how well they go with grappling hooks etc.
|
|
#778
 2004-12-04, 21:33
|
zik 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
wrk_sux gave some good advice with the bike trails.. during the summer me and my best friend were out late and didn't know what we'd be doing for the night so we told out parents i was sleeping at his house and vice versa.. well we were walking down the street, hiding from cops, cause cops go on patrols at night around here and bust kids for curfew, and at one point we had nowhere to hide and a cop came so we hid behind a swingset infront of 84 lumber.. the cop went right past but we expected him to come back since it was the worst hiding place.. we ran down a block or two and waiting for an opening of no cars to run onto the bike trail.. there we killed time and stayed hidden for the rest of the night then chilled out in part of my friends neighborhood waiting for his dad to leave for work so we could go in, get something to eat then call my mom to pick me up after me "sleeping over his house"..
so my little story aside, bike trails are a great place to be at night when you don't feel like being detected
|
|
#779
 2004-12-05, 01:59
|
psycological_sht 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by zik:
wrk_sux gave some good advice with the bike trails.. during the summer me and my best friend were out late and didn't know what we'd be doing for the night so we told out parents i was sleeping at his house and vice versa.. well we were walking down the street, hiding from cops, cause cops go on patrols at night around here and bust kids for curfew, and at one point we had nowhere to hide and a cop came so we hid behind a swingset infront of 84 lumber.. the cop went right past but we expected him to come back since it was the worst hiding place.. we ran down a block or two and waiting for an opening of no cars to run onto the bike trail.. there we killed time and stayed hidden for the rest of the night then chilled out in part of my friends neighborhood waiting for his dad to leave for work so we could go in, get something to eat then call my mom to pick me up after me "sleeping over his house"..
so my little story aside, bike trails are a great place to be at night when you don't feel like being detected correction to your post...i got searched almost got a ticket for hanging out on a bike path but not because im jsut chilling there, because i looked like i was stoned(i was) and thought i might have more on me...anyways, bike paths are sometimes, the stoners hangout and police probably knows it too so be aware of that.
but then again... we were tripping out so hard we were laughing our asses off and might have atracted the popos from their partol route -or- just because we stopped by the nearest friendly gehtto appartments
wrk_sux
2004-12-05 10:52
where i am there are no cops on the bike tracks and also mine are next to a freeway and with a
12ft high wall and in parkland. so there is no chance with cops for me especially at like 2am!
any one else care ot share some of there secrets and methods
|
|
#780
 2004-12-06, 00:36
|
Spiphel Rike 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I am aware that shine and surface are tied together, i just mentioned them separately. Slow movement is a good idea is harder to detect, and would be preferable, as you won't have much of an op if you don't move :P
crawling is usually quiet, and you are less likely to be visible above the skyline if you are prone.
i'm sure you've all seen the military crawl in movies or something, look it up if you haven't, it's pretty quiet.
as for sneaky walking, you can do a few different things, placing the heel or side of the foot down first usually makes things a bit quieter if you know what I mean.
try to find out what kind of movements work for you, then you'll be really sneaky.
If I was going on an op I'd definitely bring a few things
1. torch with filters
2. snacks and water
3. multi tool/knife
4. belt kit
you can bring other stuff, but this is probably all you need. taking weapons is probably a bad idea, but if you feel it is necessary then don't hesitate.
Stealing stuff is a bit of a silly idea, as you have to travel a fair distance from your home for it to be safe. The last thing you want is the neighbour's new tv ending up in your room, make sure if you take something it isn't from anyone you know.
In the US it's a possibility that someone might think you are threatening their life, so watch out for people with guns (obviously). over here in aus you don't have to worry about that so much. watch out for police or security guards, especially the police. They can detain you for various reasons, as anyone sneaking around at night in dark clothes carrying strange items is definitely going to appear suspicious.
You can bring accomplices with you if you know enough people in your area that are interested in this kind of thing. don't have too large a group and make sure you don't talk too much or too loudly. learn hand signals if you can. walkie talkies with headphones and a vox unit would be very helpful in this situation, as other members could act as spotters while one goes to steal, maim, kill or whatever.
remember kids, practice makes perfect, and get some military training, that will help a lot.
|
|
#781
 2004-12-06, 12:48
|
royalman987 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
My Sole Reason of Rebellion
My reasons of rebelling are unjust in most men's eyes, but the select few will see the purity in my reasons. I have seen and felt the unfairness and unnecessary control that the government implicates upon its citizens. The government oppresses their people and those who "enforce" the laws of their states are crooked...
I have been raised in urban areas from the time I was born unto the age of ten and ever since I was eleven, I have felt negative feelings towards authority. Young yes, but it is true.
My reason for directing the above statement towards the government and police are simple. First, I say that the police force all together is "crooked," for reasons that most people today do not realize. These so called "enforcers" of the law expect their citizens to abide by the laws of the state/country, when they themselves do dare to challenge and break these laws when the eyes of the people are not around to witness it. They give tickets and fines for running traffic lights and speeding, but at night, they dare to abuse their authority by speeding for no apparent reason? Running lights, talking on their cell phones, and everything else in which endangers the lives of those few unwary night pedestrians, and everything we are punished for are performed at night by those officers that think that they can get away with it (in which mist cases, they do). When on one of my nightly crusades on gathering intelligence for my possible future ops, this one officer almost hit my leg when making a turn out of an alley...and then had the nerve to ask me why I was out during that time of night (needless to say, he ended with a "have a good night, sir" and he drove off, knowing that he has done wrong). To go even deeper, have you ever wondered where the materials that they confiscate go? Confiscating guns, knives, weapons and useful tools for use on their jobs are understandable, but where do they put that money that they find on a drug dealer? Those car radios that they get in spare cars? Drugs (marijuana)? The things that they find that are confiscated are used by these "enforcers.. The drugs that are supposed to be "disposed of" are mostly used. Once, during the day, I saw this teenage kid (about my age) smoking marijuana, and was caught by a police officer driving by. I could hear their conversation (have good hearing and can easily adjust to seeing at night easily, but adjusting to loud pitches and bright sunlight isn't very easy) and the police officer kept asking these questions ("What is that you have there? Do your parents know you smoke? Have I had this conversation with you before? Do you know the punishment for using illegal drugs, and using them at your age? And questions like that). I thought that he would step out of the car and frisk the kid, but he told the kid to give the joint to him. The police officer took a puff, gave it back and drove off, just like that. The policemen of our time abuse their power. Now you are probably saying "this guy has no idea what the hell he's talking about." Well... it's true. These types of things happen often. Have you ever tried to do that one thing that you knew you could get away with when you thought no one was looking? (Come on... you know what I'm talking about.) My main question is how can they abuse their power while everyone is left in their "lawful" ways? This is why I have lost most all respect for the police force. Although there are a select few that do uphold the law and honor it like it were their life, they can not make up for the mass wrongs that the defenders of our states have made.
I have also mentioned in the above statement that the government is crooked. I stand to defend this statement as I would my freedom. The government keeps "secrets" and kills to maintain them. Let's say that I worked for the, say...CIA. Let's say that I quit and told the world everything that I knew. More on that later, but I will go on to President George W. Bush Jr. Bush has launch an all out war on Iraq. Why? Was it because of the "weapons of mass destruction (in which none were found)?" No. It's about the oil there. It is known that Bush owns his own oil business (if you didn't know, get involved in a few politics or read up on Bush's history). So this is how it works: Bush sends over (our family members) the loyal American troops (no, I have no family members in Iraq) to Iraq to fight a "war on terrorism." He kills innocent people and takes the oil there. I'm not saying that I agree with the terrorist attack on the Twin Towers and the pentagon. I am saying that killing thousands of people over some oil to profit only yourself is unjust. At least fifteen troops die per day in Iraq. And please do not let me go onto the subject of gun banning and licensing. "A well regulated militia being necessary to defend a free country. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed," is in the constitution. Now that we know this, why does the
government ban firearms and force someone to register their weapon? The banning and licensing of firearms have reached such a height that the Founding Fathers of our country must be turning in their very graves. Do they not want their people to defend themselves? Is there fear that the usage of firearms to defend ourselves will fly out of control and emerge into a cold bloody street war? Why? Do they not trust their own citizens? Are they afraid of a rebellion? By banning firearms, the government deprives the country of the rights that were promised to its citizens. Next up, taxes. All of the money that was ripped off by the politicians is currently being made up for by raising the taxes of the citizens to an intolerable rate. The government takes practically one fourth of every paycheck that is issued. As you can see, things are getting horribly screwed and the option of using violence is currently becoming a highly possible solution to this madness.
Now that you know all of this, I say that I rebel against authority because I have lost respect for it. I may well end up as an assassin/outlaw when I grow up. Never in one place. I know that there are some readers now that are thinking "This guy is straight tapped/twisted/f*cked up." Maybe I am.
-If being tapped means seeing things from a reasonable view that most people in this world today do not, then yes, I'm tapped.
-If being twisted means having the will to seek power and use it as it should be used, then count me in.
-If being f*cked up means improving my mind, furthering the limits of my body, being worldly unique, wanting to learn about the world around me, Using my life and free will as I see fit, having a strange heart that wishes to know and dare and push away authority, If being f*cked up means being persecuted for what I believe in, if being f*cked up means learning as much as I possibly can to survive in this death-zone that we call the world, then yes. I am f*cked up. This may have been a little emotional, but this is my view of things.
What has been mentioned above is my conscience cleaner and is why I do night ops. NOT TO SAY THAT I CAN'T HAVE A LITTLE FUN WHEN I DO IT BECAUSE I HAVE LOTS OF FUN WHEN ON AN OPERATION, BECAUSE I'M STILL A TEEN AND IT'S A HELL OF A LOT OF FUN, but that is my basic reason for it all.
---------------------------------------------
Besides that bull s*it, I just want to tell you guys that I am planning "The Op before Christmas" op. I plan on simply buying a few cans of spraypaint and putting numbers on cars on the street (like a race car.) I may put my "Nickname" around in a few places (um...house doors). I wanna make a name for myself. Gonna try to make the local paper.
I'm also 2-0 in running from cops (go me http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif )
You see, I live in a 1/3 urban area, which means a few apartments and some nice houses to make up the rest of the neighborhood. basically, the police will not get out of their cars unless they realize that you are cornered, have limited amount of spaces to ditch them, or their is another patrol car waiting around the corner.
(and for the new guys, just run. The cops WON"T shoot you if you're just running away.
[This message has been edited by royalman987 (edited 12-06-2004).]
|
|
#782
 2004-12-06, 17:44
|
TheDinnertimeBandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Any Scottish night ops people?
I would much prefer to do night ops in New Jersey or Connecticut, much more spooky there.
Has anyone ever discovered a dead body during a night op in the USA?
|
|
#783
 2004-12-06, 18:25
|
Jerry Maguire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
I'm Scottish but I don't really do Night Ops, I just like to read the stories.
I would, but my area is too well lit up etc.
|
|
#784
 2004-12-06, 22:44
|
agent403 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
well i went out sunday night (last night) and went biking around to the local Highschool to get
those nice projectors (sp?) the ones that hook up to the computers well i had to bring along my
friend who is very out of shape it should have taken us the near 30 minutes but with him as a tag
along added maybe another 10-20minutes so to the end of the story the night op failed and i have
to do it this coming weekend any ideas about getting in the school?
|
|
#785
 2004-12-07, 07:30
|
Bolezhinkov 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Quote: quote:Originally posted by agent403:
well i went out sunday night (last night) and went biking around to the local Highschool to get those nice projectors (sp?) the ones that hook up to the computers well i had to bring along my friend who is very out of shape it should have taken us the near 30 minutes but with him as a tag along added maybe another 10-20minutes so to the end of the story the night op failed and i have to do it this coming weekend any ideas about getting in the school? find a window or door that you can leave unlocked/open for the night. come back, have access to it and get that sweet projector. you could also break a window. if youre in a non city school they probably wont have alarms.
|
|
#786
 2004-12-07, 14:56
|
Vizzini 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
This thread is being closed. The moderators of this forum have reached this consensus. Please post in the Night Ops IV thread.
If you wish to save any of this information I suggest you do so soon before this thread is cropped from the totse database.
|
|
#787
 2004-12-27, 16:28
|
Vizzini 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Night Ops III
Bump, to stay alive.
This may be archived or something.... whatever. It is closed for now.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|