|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| News of the Temple News about what's happening on this web site and BBS. Please keep posts on topic. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2006-01-20, 02:25
|
|
|
We're back!
As you probably saw earlier on the front page, the motherboard on totse.com's main server fried and died a few weeks ago. I pulled the old server apart, ordered the parts I needed, waited for the parts to arrive and waited, and waited... It turns out that finding a replacement dual-CPU motherboard with a slot for an Adaptec daughterboard that would fit in the chassis and work with the rest of the 5-year-old technology in the server was more difficult than I expected.
Anyhow, the parts came in and I fixed everything. I upgraded the OS at the same time and that broke a few things -- like e-mail -- so I'm still reconfiguring a few odds and ends to get everything back to where it was.
I'm turning off the new user registration until I get e-mail working again. (You can't get your new user password without e-mail, so there's no reason to allow new users to sign up just yet...)
We're back!
|
|
#2
 2006-01-20, 02:31
|
Andreas 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Fin-a-fucking-ly.
|
|
#3
 2006-01-20, 02:32
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thanks a lot man. For awhile I thought totse was gone forever.
|
|
#4
 2006-01-20, 02:33
|
walrus_poker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Can I post? Edit: Oh it was only up a few minutes ago, no wonder not many people posting
[This message has been edited by walrus_poker (edited 01-20-2006).]
|
|
#5
 2006-01-20, 02:33
|
wmt9 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
OMG we love you jeff thank you soo much i never doubted you for a second !!!!!!!!!!!! thank you i thought i was going insane with out this site you do not know how much this means to me !!!
|
|
#6
 2006-01-20, 02:40
|
Elephantitis Man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
*applauds Jeff*
|
|
#7
 2006-01-20, 02:50
|
Binary Pirate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
This is wonderful! Finaly totse is back. I was hoping for some software upgrades...but hey at least were back online!
DBDK FO LYFE.
|
|
#8
 2006-01-20, 02:50
|
|
Regular
|
|
۩۩۩۩
|
|
Re: We're back!
I was really worried there. I didn't think it was coming back up this time. Or if I did, I figured it wouldn't be until summer or so, but damn, that seemed like forever. I hope this doesn't happen again soon.
|
|
#9
 2006-01-20, 02:54
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Hooray.
|
|
#10
 2006-01-20, 02:57
|
pyroman5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
YES! FUCKING YES!! *orgasm*
[This message has been edited by pyroman5000 (edited 01-20-2006).]
|
|
#11
 2006-01-20, 03:06
|
themagmasher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Sweet, thanks.
|
|
#12
 2006-01-20, 03:09
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
YES! Just yes.
|
|
#13
 2006-01-20, 03:14
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
...and the Townspeople rejoice.
|
|
#14
 2006-01-20, 03:20
|
cense 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thanks Jeff.
I support computers for a living so I know what it's like to have someone looking over your shoulder asking when it's going to be done...
Just in your case it was thousands of people figuratively looking over your shoulder instead of one asshole standing physically right behind you.
|
|
#15
 2006-01-20, 03:25
|
lisdexic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Jeff Hunter: As you probably saw earlier on the front page, the motherboard on totse.com's main server fried and died a few weeks ago. I pulled the old server apart, ordered the parts I needed, waited for the parts to arrive and waited, and waited... It turns out that finding a replacement dual-CPU motherboard with a slot for an Adaptec daughterboard that would fit in the chassis and work with the rest of the 5-year-old technology in the server was more difficult than I expected.
Anyhow, the parts came in and I fixed everything. I upgraded the OS at the same time and that broke a few things -- like e-mail -- so I'm still reconfiguring a few odds and ends to get everything back to where it was.
I'm turning off the new user registration until I get e-mail working again. (You can't get your new user password without e-mail, so there's no reason to allow new users to sign up just yet...)
We're back!
First to quote!!! *fap fap fap fap* dam its good to be back ..i love you all.
|
|
#16
 2006-01-20, 03:27
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I came systematically on totse during the crash because of the bad habits I had taken in the past. Now I'm happy 
|
|
#17
 2006-01-20, 03:29
|
|
Moderator
|
|
The Cahulawassee River
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Euda: ...and the Townspeople rejoice.
Indeed! Thank God Totse's back! Or actually, thank JEFF! 
|
|
#18
 2006-01-20, 03:43
|
Chainhit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
You give me a reason to live, Jeff.
|
|
#19
 2006-01-20, 04:03
|
infamous big j 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Oh god, that was the longest month of my life.
|
|
#20
 2006-01-20, 04:13
|
DA 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Oh how I missed all of my friends. How are you eek?  Razz and cool?  Wink and big?  Frown and O dawg?  The gangs all here. {DA}
|
|
#21
 2006-01-20, 04:13
|
|
Moderator
|
|
NJ lookin at NYC
|
|
Re: We're back!
I almost don't buy it ... cynic that I am ... but the reference to a daughterboard makes me say ... hmmmmm. Anyway, glad to be able to post on page one of this followup. Onward and upward!
|
|
#22
 2006-01-20, 04:20
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
i've been checking totse nearly eeevvvery hour =o
good work man and thanks so much for TOTSE.
|
|
#23
 2006-01-20, 04:25
|
|
Moderator
|
|
NJ lookin at NYC
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Toxicwboy: [B]i've been checking totse nearly eeevvvery hour =o
Get a life , dude
|
|
#24
 2006-01-20, 04:30
|
AreteVeteran 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Social Junker: Indeed!
Thank God Totse's back! Or actually, thank JEFF! 
but dont you see? jeff is god and we are those little ants
|
|
#25
 2006-01-20, 04:32
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Going without Totse led me to the myspace group forums. Yes I was that desperate.
|
|
#26
 2006-01-20, 05:08
|
|
Moderator
|
|
San Francisco, CA
|
|
Re: We're back!
I <3 life.
|
|
#27
 2006-01-20, 06:01
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Yay! *Little celebration dance* Now back to world domination and conspiracy theories.
|
|
#28
 2006-01-20, 06:55
|
jebuonag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I'm in for $100 towards a new one; It's still 5-year-old technology.
|
|
#29
 2006-01-20, 07:29
|
MasterPython 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by jebuonag: I'm in for $100 towards a new one; It's still 5-year-old technology.
How might we do this without buying add space?
|
|
#30
 2006-01-20, 08:22
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
ahhh how i missed the temple.
|
|
#31
 2006-01-20, 08:24
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
and the temple rose once again
[This message has been edited by xRadical_Wankerx (edited 01-20-2006).]
|
|
#32
 2006-01-20, 08:45
|
Inti 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
This is better than Jesus coming back! Hell yeah!
TOTSE IS BIGGER THAN JESUS
|
|
#33
 2006-01-20, 09:01
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I actually kinda missed this place 
|
|
#34
 2006-01-20, 09:02
|
Zonko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Arr. 
|
|
#35
 2006-01-20, 10:46
|
danozzo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
-Gets drunk in celebration*
Thankyou Jeff.
|
|
#36
 2006-01-20, 10:54
|
Faithless 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thank you Jeff.
|
|
#37
 2006-01-20, 10:57
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Hooray
|
|
#38
 2006-01-20, 12:26
|
cosmo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Now I have something to do to pass the time at work today.
|
|
#39
 2006-01-20, 13:19
|
|
Regular
|
|
Canberra Australia
|
|
Re: We're back!
Great to see totse back. Seems I had more patience then others - I knew our fearless leader wouldn't let us down.
Thank you Mr Hunter, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
|
|
#40
 2006-01-20, 13:20
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
*masterbates*
|
|
#41
 2006-01-20, 13:25
|
Kwinniebogan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Gday "Jeff". good work keeping this back up, dont know how you can afford it, btw where can I donate, and no im not sucking up - hell ban me if you want, but ti still want to donate a bit of cash becasue i'm impressed and amzed and ina total awegasm. It's pretty kool what you do, apart from the times when you jerk it, I dont liek seeing men jerk it unless im looking into a mirror. anyway mate, I want to donate streaight, not by clciking ads and shit it takes forever to get a decnet amont of money through, just let me paypal or po box you some cash. i'm afraid it will be Aussie cash, but at least the exchange rate is up at the moment.
|
|
#42
 2006-01-20, 13:28
|
Kwinniebogan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: *masterbates*
Oh and it's Masturbate, notice the "u". I am a seasoned professional and should know. pity i'm shit at englsih and making all my posts into one post.
|
|
#43
 2006-01-20, 13:50
|
Nidias_91 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
thank you jeff
|
|
#44
 2006-01-20, 15:22
|
Spam Man Sam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
*Breathes a sigh of relief*
THaks alot for bringing her back Jeff!
|
|
#45
 2006-01-20, 15:26
|
|
Regular
|
|
Worcester England.
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Jeff Hunter: We're back!
BBQ! It's Sherlock Holmes. arx_
|
|
#46
 2006-01-20, 16:08
|
|
Regular
|
|
Sydney, Australia
|
|
Re: We're back!
I just decided to check back a while ago and it was up. Am I the only one, or does it seem faster?
|
|
#47
 2006-01-20, 16:49
|
deus_ex_machina 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Hmm...maybe.
Anyway, thanks Jeff.
*joins in celebrations*
|
|
#48
 2006-01-20, 17:10
|
Ouster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
All together now...huzzah! Cheers, Jeff, you're the man.
|
|
#49
 2006-01-20, 17:42
|
Neiromaru 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
w00t, that's all that needs to be said
and it probably is faster right now because a lot of people aren't expecting it to come back up until tomorrow afternoon.
|
|
#50
 2006-01-20, 18:00
|
needmoney 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
|
|
#51
 2006-01-20, 18:48
|
Florida Snow 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I don't know If I'm the first one to say it, but in this case I think jeff is god
|
|
#52
 2006-01-20, 19:18
|
MrSir 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Woohoo!!!! It's back!!!
|
|
#53
 2006-01-20, 19:32
|
beatmeofficer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Sweet. Nice job.
By the way, what kind of hardware is &totse running on?
|
|
#54
 2006-01-20, 19:33
|
Scuzmonkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thanks
|
|
#55
 2006-01-20, 19:49
|
needmoney 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Jeff is a god for doing this. And a day early! That's what I call CONVINENCE.
|
|
#56
 2006-01-20, 19:57
|
mattboy207 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
...and it was a glorius day in the temple! Thanks a lot Jeff! -/\/\attboy 
|
|
#57
 2006-01-20, 20:05
|
met_B_A_N_S 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thank god, now I don't have to deal with the 5 other forums I had to troll to get the same amount of enjoyment as &TOTSE gives me.
|
|
#58
 2006-01-20, 20:33
|
Do_Me22 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Holy shit long wait but still i was rolling on the floor when i went to it and it loaded
|
|
#59
 2006-01-20, 21:34
|
QuestionUser 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Wow i was thinking of having a fund raiser to help out with totse the server problems. i was going to put on a girl scouts uniform and sell cookies, but i guess its too late.
|
|
#60
 2006-01-20, 21:40
|
Pr0ntastic Josh 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by jebuonag: I'm in for $100 towards a new one; It's still 5-year-old technology.
Same here, but my $100 is in NZ Dollars.
|
|
#61
 2006-01-20, 22:12
|
stiffo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thanks Jeff. Did anyone bother to inform Wikipedia about this so they can update the page? They probably got it done though, the people there are as fast as lightning.
On other note...did anyone inform the people at www.totse.free-forums.org about the REAL totse being back up?
|
|
#62
 2006-01-20, 22:27
|
The Floater 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I love you.
|
|
#63
 2006-01-20, 22:31
|
Groovy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
W00000T! Jiff iz god!!!!!!!!!1
|
|
#64
 2006-01-20, 22:36
|
Said_The_Joker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I would
|
|
#65
 2006-01-20, 23:31
|
Blue Potato 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
O man, totse is finally back, woohoo!!!
|
|
#66
 2006-01-20, 23:36
|
fl 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
holy shit i missed this place.
|
|
#67
 2006-01-20, 23:42
|
benz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
about god damn time
|
|
#68
 2006-01-21, 01:55
|
Kwinniebogan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by benz: about god damn time
Ya wanna have ya next meal througha straw? whats your address.
|
|
#69
 2006-01-21, 03:40
|
Ryakoth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
umm hi everybody, i guess totse is back then...
|
|
#70
 2006-01-21, 03:49
|
UPSbomberman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Yay for Totse back online! go jeff!
|
|
#71
 2006-01-21, 03:58
|
Nemisis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Glad to see your up and running again.
|
|
#72
 2006-01-21, 04:17
|
Hated One 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I'm a little late to the party but it's good to see the ol' temple back up. *looks at EYW... shit...
|
|
#73
 2006-01-21, 07:33
|
kieran1394 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Jeff, I would like to congratulate you on spending so much time and effort on this great site of yours.
|
|
#74
 2006-01-21, 10:21
|
S510 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thanks for taking the time to do this. You made a lot of people happy. I'd say thank you again but you've probably become desensitized to it now, but you know i'm grateful  . You�re so cool, man. 
|
|
#75
 2006-01-21, 13:04
|
Abraham Gorilla 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Wow, life was kinda different without totse.
I guess the best thing about this is all the noobs will be gone.
|
|
#76
 2006-01-21, 14:31
|
Steve 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Wow Jeff, thanks so much. I was so worried about totse that I was trying to think of other places on the intertron that I could go to...but I couldn't think of anything. Thank god for totse.
|
|
#77
 2006-01-21, 20:20
|
angustheotherwhitemeat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by met_B_A_N_S: Thank god, now I don't have to deal with the 5 other forums I had to troll to get the same amount of enjoyment as &TOTSE gives me.
Blasphemy!
|
|
#78
 2006-01-22, 02:22
|
shartitude 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Yes, go totse.
|
|
#79
 2006-01-22, 05:00
|
Drefetr 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I think I just creamed my pants.
|
|
#80
 2006-01-22, 05:03
|
Inti 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
THEORY: JEFF HUNTER IS AN ALIAS
Today I came up with something brilliant. The two guys who run this place are Jeff Hunter and J.C. Stanton. The name "Jeff Hunter" could very possibly be poking fun at J.C. Stanton, who's first name *might* be Jeff. So, the name "Jeff Hunter" is a joke -- The Hunter of Jeff( JC Stanton).
Just an idea.
|
|
#81
 2006-01-22, 06:06
|
Limecat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Jeff, I haven't looked at this closely, but isn't this just what you've been looking for? http://tinyurl.com/cl8s6
It's an annonymous payment deal from Amazon.
[This message has been edited by Limecat (edited 01-22-2006).]
|
|
#82
 2006-01-22, 07:37
|
Illegal Concepts 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
http://totse.free-forums.org
OK how many of you Fuckers signed up to that POS?
|
|
#83
 2006-01-23, 01:41
|
dal7timgar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but the system seems to be slower than it was before. All responses have a delay now, changing pages, posting, whatever.
Is new 5 year old technoogy slower than old 5 year old technology? :lol:
DT
|
|
#84
 2006-01-23, 02:53
|
Inti 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by dal7timgar: I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but the system seems to be slower than it was before. All responses have a delay now, changing pages, posting, whatever.
Is new 5 year old technoogy slower than old 5 year old technology? :lol:
DT
Yes, it is MUCH slower. Maybe if donations were possible through check / money order/ cash, he'd receive more money towards buying some newer stuff.
|
|
#85
 2006-01-23, 03:51
|
gipowmiakia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
thanks
|
|
#86
 2006-01-23, 06:56
|
LordOfTheTards 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
We're back![/B][/QUOTE]
i am as happy as a little girl. i got on today and totse worked. oh, praise be to alah. lol t/y i can now get back to my psychotic posting on paranoid delusions!!!
|
|
#87
 2006-01-23, 07:29
|
Time 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thanks.
|
|
#88
 2006-01-23, 12:58
|
|
Moderator
|
|
where-ever I lay my hat
|
|
Re: We're back!
|
|
#89
 2006-01-23, 14:19
|
HampTheToker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Up at last! Up at last! Up at last! Good, God, Totse's up at last!!111!!1!111
Life without totse was...different.
JHFTW1!11!
|
|
#90
 2006-01-23, 19:30
|
Bruce Campbell 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
glad you got everything fixed jeff!!!
great job i would give two thumbs up if possible
|
|
#91
 2006-01-23, 21:53
|
Captain Kaboom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thank you, Jeff Hunter, for bringing back my refuge from rednecks and spastics through-out the world.
Can you imagine how many other forums were gathering booze to celebrate this place's downfall? Imagine all the little bastards from rotteneggs.com and whatnot that will loose sleep for a year knowing that their worst nightmare has arisen from the ashes of near annhilation. That's like a big cock in the mouth to so many motherfuckers right now.
|
|
#92
 2006-01-23, 22:35
|
HTA_37 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I love you.
...I thought Totse was gone for good.
|
|
#93
 2006-01-24, 00:32
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
oh thank god
it feels like its been forever
I can't even remember which forums i like
|
|
#94
 2006-01-24, 03:37
|
Captain Douche 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Andreas: Fin-a-fucking-ly.
I'm glad this is the first thing totse has to say back. Well you know what? Thank god. I felt so alone. Totse rules.
|
|
#95
 2006-01-24, 20:27
|
Antagonist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Yahooooo!!11! Depression cured. Thank you Jeff!
|
|
#96
 2006-01-25, 01:17
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
There goes my life again.
|
|
#97
 2006-01-25, 19:58
|
Captain Kaboom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by shitgoose31337: There goes my life again.
And the neighborhood.
|
|
#98
 2006-01-25, 23:19
|
ThatFunkyMunki 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
totse was down for a couple hours/days just now...
w/e thanks Jeff.
|
|
#99
 2006-01-25, 23:39
|
lisdexic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Yea , what was the deal with that?
|
|
#100
 2006-01-26, 01:37
|
angryanalrobot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
100
|
|
#101
 2006-01-26, 03:05
|
Pr0ntastic Josh 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
The real 100.
|
|
#102
 2006-01-26, 04:38
|
MP Nesto 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
102
|
|
#103
 2006-01-26, 05:58
|
d0nnar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Brain as big as a planet.
Thanks, Jeff.
|
|
#104
 2006-01-27, 08:54
|
z3r0 c001 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Well its looks as if my 1 month life span is over and its back to totse.
|
|
#105
 2006-01-27, 15:22
|
Specter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
"We're back!" HUZZAH
/takesgunawayfromtemple
|
|
#106
 2006-01-28, 06:08
|
ZodiakReacher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by wmt9: OMG we love you jeff thank you soo much i never doubted you for a second !!!!!!!!!!!! thank you i thought i was going insane with out this site you do not know how much this means to me !!!

|
|
#107
 2006-01-29, 04:51
|
shiftyboyos 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thanks for your hard work Jeff. It wasnt in vain cuz we here.
BTW in preperation just in case something similar happens again can u put a link to one of those free forums on the front page. Theres free phpbb forums and u can make one and post the link and we can keep talking.
|
|
#108
 2006-01-29, 09:48
|
Toasted 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Andreas: Fin-a-fucking-ly.
You fucking said it... yay!
|
|
#109
 2006-01-29, 12:52
|
shiftyboyos 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Toasted: You fucking said it... yay!
That makes no sense. Fin = fish body part.
|
|
#110
 2006-01-29, 23:35
|
ToastToMisery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Someone told me you guys werent coming back, I almost commited murder/suicide right then and there, instead I just punched him in the gut and called him a piece of shit
|
|
#111
 2006-01-31, 01:25
|
spodie 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Welcome back, Jeff. It's nice to have &ToTSE back online again!
|
|
#112
 2006-01-31, 07:27
|
Ewok 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Thank you Jeff, Happy Time Now!
|
|
#113
 2006-01-31, 17:07
|
Rock lee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
yay now i can get back in 2 my lurkin rut
[This message has been edited by Rock lee (edited 01-31-2006).]
|
|
#114
 2006-01-31, 19:00
|
Stiffmajj The Giant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
YAY!!! I kept checking all the time  but sadly I can't surf totse for the time being  I dropped my laptop and caught it in the air by the screen by accident by natural reaction Totse's back and I can't go on it....great.
|
|
#115
 2006-01-31, 19:18
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: We're back!
Any idea when the mailing list will be back up?
|
|
#116
 2006-02-02, 11:17
|
Astralis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Feels good ta be back
|
|
#117
 2006-02-02, 17:52
|
|
Regular
|
|
Louisiana , The States
|
|
Re: We're back!
Jeff giveth and Jeff taketh away.
|
|
#118
 2006-02-03, 01:06
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
JeFF hUNtEr
|
|
#119
 2006-02-04, 04:05
|
Quantum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
And back down the rabit hole we go...
|
|
#120
 2006-02-05, 04:38
|
Kai 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Metaphysicist: Any idea when the mailing list will be back up?
I asked Zok this... nobody really knows.
|
|
#121
 2006-02-05, 16:06
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
is registartion gonna be open soon?
|
|
#122
 2006-02-06, 06:23
|
READKNOWDO 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
OMGWTFBBQ
Jeff Hunter is a legally ordained minister.
So, he's Rev. Jeff Hunter to you.
Bitch.
|
|
#123
 2006-02-06, 16:28
|
Emc3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I don't know if the administration is aware about this, but when you're quoting for replay or putting a link to another site on your post, it goes all screwed and doesn't work. I think this is a serius problem. Can you fix it?
|
|
#124
 2006-02-06, 21:37
|
READKNOWDO 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Emc3: I don't know if the administration is aware about this, but when you're quoting for replay or putting a link to another site on your post, it goes all screwed and doesn't work. I think this is a serius problem. Can you fix it?
They know about it, all right.
|
|
#125
 2006-02-09, 17:21
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Emc3: I don't know if the administration is aware about this, but when you're quoting for replay or putting a link to another site on your post, it goes all screwed and doesn't work. I think this is a serius problem. Can you fix it?
This prevents character strings that are too long, which can force the screen to appear wider. It's intentional. Use tinyurl.com
|
|
#126
 2006-02-10, 14:41
|
Anonymous and Unanimous 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
yeah i only posted just now but thankyou. For bringing back the smidgeon of my life.
|
|
#127
 2006-02-11, 18:36
|
Necrypsys 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by wmt9: OMG we love you jeff thank you soo much i never doubted you for a second !!!!!!!!!!!! thank you i thought i was going insane with out this site you do not know how much this means to me !!!
You have no life.
|
|
#128
 2006-02-12, 19:44
|
KarEEmDaNIggA 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Necrypsys: You have [b]no life.[/B]
Owned.
|
|
#129
 2006-02-12, 20:10
|
READKNOWDO 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by KarEEmDaNIggA: Owned.
NOT RLY
|
|
#130
 2006-02-13, 18:38
|
Political Prisoner 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Elephantitis Man: *applauds Jeff*
|
|
#131
 2006-02-13, 22:58
|
insomniac5027 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
|
|
#132
 2006-02-14, 06:05
|
malzraa 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I would PAY to get an account set up for my girlfriend. When will user registration be back?
|
|
#133
 2006-02-14, 08:14
|
RogueWarheart 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by malzraa: I would PAY to get an account set up for my girlfriend. When will user registration be back?
Some twat was selling a TOTSE account on ebay. Jeff, we salute you!
|
|
#134
 2006-02-14, 18:53
|
robyextreme 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
http://tinyurl.com/8u2hu
|
|
#135
 2006-02-15, 04:58
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
NEVER OPEN REGISTRATION!!! You should consider having a email service and have people pay for it. It would cost alot tho, as you would probibly need another server tho. That would be sweet tho. smokeymcpot420@totse.com.... 
|
|
#136
 2006-02-15, 20:58
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
It must suck to have over 30,000 people waiting for you to fix totse. Anyways, thank you very much. Godbless Jeff Hunter
|
|
#137
 2006-02-16, 10:34
|
RandomHero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
!kcab re'eW
?ffeJ gnorw epyt ym si yhW
|
|
#138
 2006-02-16, 17:10
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Metaphysicist: Any idea when the mailing list will be back up?
I still have to: * Reconstruct my mail server setups. * Install and configure Mailman. * Fix the Ht://dig search engine. Probably some other stuff as well. Should be done by the end of next week, assuming I get some time this weekend to work on it. Submissions are working, Webgasm (page-generator) is working, UBB is working (as well as can be expected), Apache is working MUCH better (I found a long-standing config problem and fixed it). Yes, I'll be turning registrations on again once the mail server is working. (Sorry elite ones.)
|
|
#139
 2006-02-16, 23:08
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Keep it off :P
|
|
#140
 2006-02-17, 04:05
|
FIRE STARTER 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
|
|
#141
 2006-02-17, 07:08
|
RogueWarheart 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
^^^
God has spoken.
Don't turn the mail back on, we don't need a ton of idiots.
We have enough of those.
|
|
#142
 2006-02-17, 23:35
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
We could really use a mod in Reinvent Yourself, Jeff.
Toothlessjoe and/or I would probably be your best bet.
Im more about weights, strength, proper diet, and supplements.
Joes about diet, martial arts, and how ever you want to catagorize haircare and such. http:/ /www.totse .com/bin/b bs/ubbmisc .cgi?actio n=getbio&U serName=Ho merunbrad
http:/ /www.totse .com/bin/b bs/ubbmisc .cgi?actio n=getbio&U serName=To othlessjoe
Were both definietly loyal members too.
Thanks for your time.
|
|
#143
 2006-02-18, 16:35
|
robyextreme 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Im not sure who you are Homerunbrad but as for ToothlessJoe I think he would make a good moderator in Revivant Yourself. 
|
|
#144
 2006-02-18, 18:23
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by robyextreme: Im not sure who you are Homerunbrad but as for ToothlessJoe I think he would make a good moderator in Revivant Yourself. 
Well like I said above, Im the guy to come to learn how to get big and strong. My whole life is weight lifting and proper diet.
|
|
#145
 2006-02-18, 19:43
|
insomniac5027 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Jeff Hunter: I still have to:
* Reconstruct my mail server setups. * Install and configure Mailman. * Fix the Ht://dig search engine.
Probably some other stuff as well. Should be done by the end of next week, assuming I get some time this weekend to work on it.
Submissions are working, Webgasm (page-generator) is working, UBB is working (as well as can be expected), Apache is working MUCH better (I found a long-standing config problem and fixed it).
Yes, I'll be turning registrations on again once the mail server is working. (Sorry elite ones.)
Better get started then, don't you think?
|
|
#146
 2006-02-19, 06:51
|
infamous big j 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Homerunbrad: Well like I said above, Im the guy to come to learn how to get big and strong. My whole life is weight lifting and proper diet.
I still remember that time when you posted that picture of your weiner and it was barely even visible. You have a small penis.
|
|
#147
 2006-02-19, 06:56
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by infamous big j: I still remember that time when you posted that picture of your weiner and it was barely even visible.
You have a small penis.
That I do, that I do. Oh well though. How do you remember a guys dick for two years though man? 
|
|
#148
 2006-02-19, 07:52
|
infamous big j 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Homerunbrad: That I do, that I do. Oh well though.
How do you remember a guys dick for two years though man? 
I dunno. It just sticks out in my mind because everyone made a big deal about it, and I told myself to remember the name "Homerunbrad" so I could continue to taunt you with it for years to come.
|
|
#149
 2006-02-19, 17:25
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
LMAO I remember some fucker would always post it at the end of his post (like a signiture) when image tags were still allowed.
|
|
#150
 2006-02-19, 19:22
|
Q777 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I haven't posted in this thread yet
|
|
#151
 2006-02-20, 08:22
|
Pr0ntastic Josh 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
|
|
#152
 2006-02-20, 13:05
|
Gustave 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
And so is registration. Awesome. Three new trolls in less than a day. Close that back down, will ya? 
|
|
#153
 2006-02-20, 19:41
|
met_B_A_N_S 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Gustave: And so is registration. Awesome. Three new trolls in less than a day.
Close that back down, will ya? 
My thoughts exactly as I opened up my lunchtime BLTC thread. Methinks to meself, "Never seen this kid around here... wtf, I thought we got rid of trolls" *checks profile* "Goddamnit jeff."
|
|
#154
 2006-02-21, 11:19
|
cyberdevil 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Welcome back! Not that I was here before the server crashed though . . .
|
|
#155
 2006-02-22, 12:48
|
Source 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Pr0ntastic Josh: 
|
|
#156
 2006-02-22, 18:06
|
shermanator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Social Junker: Indeed!
Thank God Totse's back! Or actually, thank JEFF! 
Jeff > GOD
|
|
#157
 2006-02-23, 04:03
|
Ziggy_Stardust 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Gustave: And so is registration. Awesome. Three new trolls in less than a day.
Close that back down, will ya? 
BLTC is a fucking mess because of it. Just look at it... it's fucking rediculous... tons of spam posts... This needs to stop.
|
|
#158
 2006-02-23, 13:41
|
Hellenistic Riot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Ziggy_Stardust: BLTC is a fucking mess because of it.
Just look at it... it's fucking rediculous... tons of spam posts...
This needs to stop.
Registration needs to stay open. If you disagree, you do not know what TOTSE is really about.
|
|
#159
 2006-02-23, 15:03
|
AreteVeteran 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Admins, i really think we need an animal forum. I am an avid animal lover, owner, and general enthusiast. Ive been in zoology classes and am generally interested by animals and their interaction with nature and humans. An animal forum would be greatly appreciated, and im sure one of the current mods could help mod it, if you arent interested in having a new mod with their own forum.
If at all possible a response in this thread would be nice at the very least.
Thankyou
~Arete
|
|
#160
 2006-02-23, 16:46
|
|
Regular
|
|
under the freeway
|
|
Re: We're back!
Hellz yah Jeff!
|
|
#161
 2006-02-24, 00:08
|
Aboutmidnight 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Gustave: And so is registration. Awesome. Three new trolls in less than a day.
Close that back down, will ya? 
Please allow me to introduce myself - one of the new trolls - cheers to the administration for letting me in. Also, I would definatly contribute to an 'animals' forum, that would be cool.
|
|
#162
 2006-02-24, 03:33
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Laudatas and Laudanum for Jeff!
|
|
#163
 2006-02-24, 13:52
|
Streetvision 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Some of the new guys are good
|
|
#164
 2006-02-24, 22:56
|
glitched 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
my name is also jeff so jeff's are sexy
|
|
#165
 2006-02-25, 18:03
|
Nagasaki911 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
have my baby jeff
|
|
#166
 2006-02-25, 21:00
|
Noskrazy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Pretty sweet, I like that the registration is back on agian, too bad the veterens dont like it to well.
|
|
#167
 2006-02-27, 10:34
|
Procrastinator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
yay were back well done jeff 
|
|
#168
 2006-02-27, 23:16
|
Aloodin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
I felt the liquid bulge under my skin like some new-age Santa Claus.
|
|
#169
 2006-02-28, 05:27
|
fire_maker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
good job gettin the sight back up. I would praise u like god and everything but it looks like you are getting enough of that.
|
|
#170
 2006-02-28, 15:44
|
im_bigger_then_god_see 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
i just found this site plz neva again
|
|
#171
 2006-02-28, 19:35
|
ulTRAX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
LKJASDF
|
|
#172
 2006-03-02, 16:12
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
All Hail Totse
|
|
#173
 2006-03-04, 08:08
|
Tom from Myspace.com - 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
code:
3249 8432908892 3494809284 0840942948 2034290893 4894829482 9492042390 4830489489 34839423820429429034 8294203483 4823483423 9482390284 9029042984 9382398308 4234898420 3309230839 08290482948290482904448484848484884484884488484
|
|
#174
 2006-03-04, 10:22
|
burntoffering 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Jeff Hunter: As you probably saw earlier on the front page, the motherboard on totse.com's main server fried and died a few weeks ago. I pulled the old server apart, ordered the parts I needed, waited for the parts to arrive and waited, and waited... It turns out that finding a replacement dual-CPU motherboard with a slot for an Adaptec daughterboard that would fit in the chassis and work with the rest of the 5-year-old technology in the server was more difficult than I expected.
Anyhow, the parts came in and I fixed everything. I upgraded the OS at the same time and that broke a few things -- like e-mail -- so I'm still reconfiguring a few odds and ends to get everything back to where it was.
I'm turning off the new user registration until I get e-mail working again. (You can't get your new user password without e-mail, so there's no reason to allow new users to sign up just yet...)
We're back!
jeff, will you be my friend?
|
|
#175
 2006-03-04, 17:49
|
old dirty bum 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Holy Shit, TOTSE is finally back up!
|
|
#176
 2006-03-05, 07:50
|
TFMC 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
w007, n0w 1 637 4 (h4n(3 70 7r0||
and I almost forgot to thank Jeff
[This message has been edited by TFMC (edited 03-05-2006).]
|
|
#177
 2006-03-07, 19:03
|
im_bigger_then_god_see 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
plz god totse is all i got plz dont leave agian
|
|
#178
 2006-03-07, 20:14
|
|
Regular
|
|
The state of Illinois.
|
|
Re: We're back!
We're back. Yea. That is right. But we're back with a lot of stupid, ignorant idoits who are ruining this place for everyone.
|
|
#179
 2006-03-07, 21:01
|
d0nnar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Well, the NotT forum is sure cleaned up.
|
|
#180
 2006-03-08, 22:05
|
|
Regular
|
|
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
|
|
Re: We're back!
Randomised Hot Topics?
|
|
#181
 2006-03-09, 06:40
|
TheFiendleton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Hung Like Christ: Get a life , dude
1451 Your amount of posts... 70 his amount of posts... Who needs the life?
|
|
#182
 2006-03-10, 23:30
|
colorsoc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Whooty Who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This is a little late)
|
|
#183
 2006-03-12, 03:59
|
|
Regular
|
|
Louisiana , The States
|
|
Re: We're back!
So is Snoopy really gone?
If so then...
+1
|
|
#184
 2006-03-12, 10:31
|
apocalypse_now21 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
*posts just for the sake of it*
|
|
#185
 2006-03-13, 09:46
|
Emc3 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
IGNORE MODE!
I know that on other forums exist the possibility to switch on the ignore mode for annoying users.
This way if you switch the user ,that was annoying you with spamming your threads with idio�tic flames on the ignore list, ypu will never see his posts or threads on your display again.
I was wondering if there is a possibility to have the ignore mode even on this forum, this would be a bless for every intelligent totse user.
I suspect there is not, otherwise you would allready implemented this feature. But I'm asking the same becouse I'm still hoping you just missed to swith it on.
|
|
#186
 2006-03-13, 10:13
|
Fat Penis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
emc3 you dumb asshole you would be the number 1 faggot on everybodys ignore list.
|
|
#187
 2006-03-13, 23:23
|
bilb 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
bump, this is important information I want people to see this.
|
|
#188
 2006-03-15, 01:02
|
|
Regular
|
|
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
|
|
Re: We're back!
Ignore function is retarded, why don't you just turn off the fucking computer and take it back if you can't handle it.
|
|
#189
 2006-03-15, 09:04
|
Gustave 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by DuckWarri0r: Ignore function is retarded, why don't you just turn off the fucking computer and take it back if you can't handle it.
/ignores DuckWarri0r quote: Originally posted by :
Holy shit, it works!! EDiT: This face is needed for this...  _  [This message has been edited by Gustave (edited 03-15-2006).]
|
|
#190
 2006-03-15, 19:41
|
|
Regular
|
|
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Gustave: /ignores DuckWarri0r
Well I was ignoring you before. Uh... damn!
|
|
#191
 2006-03-16, 00:49
|
robyextreme 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by bilb: bump, this is important information I want people to see this.
|
|
#192
 2006-03-16, 03:47
|
Gauss 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
quote: Originally posted by Emc3: IGNORE MODE!
I know that on other forums exist the possibility to switch on the ignore mode for annoying users.
This way if you switch the user ,that was annoying you with spamming your threads with idio�tic flames on the ignore list, ypu will never see his posts or threads on your display again.
I was wondering if there is a possibility to have the ignore mode even on this forum, this would be a bless for every intelligent totse user.
I suspect there is not, otherwise you would allready implemented this feature. But I'm asking the same becouse I'm still hoping you just missed to swith it on.
If you can't take TOTSE like a man, GTFO.
|
|
#193
 2006-03-16, 12:19
|
Tushunga 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Hey there...
You could just have called me ;-)
I have more than a thousand diffrent parts for servers and Personal computers.
BUT TO EVERY ONE HERE, TOTSE.COM WILL NEVER DIE....
|
|
#194
 2006-03-17, 04:21
|
Badfish 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Yes TOTSE IS BACK! oh wait.. im kinda late
|
|
#195
 2006-03-17, 18:44
|
d0nnar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: We're back!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by robyextreme
quote: Originally posted by bilb: bump, this is important information I want people to see this.
|
fuck me This is a one topic forum brainiac.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|