About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Recovered from a real PDF export of this thread, hosted by the Night Ops community's own successor site (nightops.net) - not from a totse.com capture. This installment predates our crawl of totse.com and has no known real thread id - shown here under a placeholder URL rather than a captured one.
Night Ops series: « Night Ops IV | Night Ops VI »
 #1 
Old (date not recovered)
Vizzini Vizzini is offline
Regular
 
Default Night Ops V

Continue your night ops posts here.
 #2 
Old 2005-06-04, 16:06
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

First post. Muahahaha!!
 #3 
Old 2005-06-04, 17:00
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Night Ops V.. what a cool name for a thread.
 #4 
Old 2005-06-04, 17:38
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

YAY! new nightops thread!! I stopped posting in the other one, it went to hell.
 #5 
Old 2005-06-04, 18:43
Tamerlane Tamerlane is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey! 4th post! Woohoo!
 #6 
Old 2005-06-04, 18:45
Regular
 
Brooksville, Fla
Default Re: Night Ops V

how about you made a worthwhile post in the thread instead of "OMG!!!!!11111111 First post"
 #7 
Old 2005-06-04, 20:50
Madcat Madcat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

look at me i posted!!!
anyone got ops they need help with or any op stories we can start with?
 #8 
Old 2005-06-04, 21:09
thewolf thewolf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i do
 #9 
Old 2005-06-04, 21:10
thewolf thewolf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

if anyone has broken into a departments store, i need some tips
 #10 
Old 2005-06-04, 21:22
Regular
 
Baghdad, Iraq
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well once I get my license next week I'm gonna go see what this little water thing is in backroads of my town. I don't know what it is so I'm gonna go sneak in at night to go find out.
h0ppinlowrider h0ppinlowrider is offline

Regular
Brooksville, Fla Send a message via AIM to h0ppinlowrider Send a message via MSN to h0ppinlowrider Send a message via SkypeTM to h0ppinlowrider Default What would be a good day time op to do in a suburan type community. There are a few schools I am looking into but I think they might be better for night time h0ppinlowrider
 #11 
Old 2005-06-04, 23:32
4.0 4.0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

This thread should be archived.
4.0 #13 Add Staples to your ignore list
 #12 
Old 2005-06-04, 23:54
Regular
 
Yes
Default Re: Night Ops V

Dude. Night ops.
 #13 
Old 2005-06-05, 00:48
Sir.Shadow Sir.Shadow is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Im slightly experianced at night op's however this is my first post in these pages so I guess I'll take it to say hi.
I've read bunches of the origional night op's thread so i know quite a bit of whats goin on. Anyway. I hope I can bring back more life to this theread than was in IV..
I have a question however. What colours of cammo would be the best in a low light situation. I'd think some black and grays?
And although I never night opped with them seeing as they weren't mine I've used Gen 4 night goggles and trust me their shweeeeet!!!
[This message has been edited by Sir.Shadow (edited 06-05-2005).]
 #14 
Old 2005-06-05, 01:14
billy billy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

operation sniff sister's panties:
a sucess!
Difficulty factor: Extreme
I waited until my sister went to her friends today around 2pm. I wheelchaired (yes im crippled) into her bedroom wearing full tactical on and went to her laundry basket and found the panties, I rested them on my lap and rolled to her cabinet where she keeps her make up and perfumes, I found a water spray bottle I knew would be there and used it to moisten the shit stains to get a better smell.
I planned on doing this in my bedroom but I decided to pull out my chubby and pound and jack on it while smelling my sister's cooch scent.
thats about it, i don't know what my next opp will be because i'm pretty limited with my legs. any suggestions?
 #15 
Old 2005-06-05, 01:51
marusushi marusushi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by billy:
operation sniff sister's panties:
a sucess!
Difficulty factor: Extreme
I waited until my sister went to her friends today around 2pm. I wheelchaired (yes im crippled) into her bedroom wearing full tactical on and went to her laundry basket and found the panties, I rested them on my lap and rolled to her cabinet where she keeps her make up and perfumes, I found a water spray bottle I knew would be there and used it to moisten the shit stains to get a better smell.
I planned on doing this in my bedroom but I decided to pull out my chubby and pound and jack on it while smelling my sister's cooch scent. Heh...cool.
 #16 
Old 2005-06-05, 01:54
GK GK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You suck. Even if you are joking, you suck. Let's keep it serious people, this is the Night Ops thread, not the OMG LIEK 100HT POST!!11!1!!!1!!111
What the fuck guys, the night ops threads are just getting dumber and dumber with all these people thinking that some minor shit is an op, or posting off-topic shit like I'm doing right now.
So this isn't completely off-topic, I'll post about an op I'm doing this weekend.
(I don't actually plan on doing this, nor does my "trainee". This is all hypothetical, I speak only lies, except for this statement.)
I'm going to test a newbie oppers skill and endurance. We're leaving his house at 12 midnight, and running about 1/2 mile through the woods. After reaching a very busy road(even at midnight) we'll have to cross without arising suspicion, and get to a nearby parking lot. We'll car shop a little there, then run around the woods, about 1/4 mile, to the side of a hospital. I'm going to tell the newbie to pick the outside lock, while I hide in the trees, in order to see how well he could perform by himself, and to see how he handles pressure(we're not quite sure about security measures) When he picks the lock, he'll swing the door fully open to prove to me he's done it, then run back to the woods. From there, it's about 1 mile to my house, where I'll simply tell him to enter by any means possible, but don't cause any permanent/serious damage. If he wakes my parents up, I'll just tell them it was me, because I got locked out, so I was prying open the window or something. After he gets inside, he's to leave through th eback door, silently, where I'll be waiting for him. There, I'll give him his tattoo to show he's in [the group]. If anything goes wrong, I'll just knock him out and put him on his porch, possibly with a letter that says "No, just no."
(once again, I speak only lies when I talk about things like these, whether they be serious or minor, I always lie.)
GuerillaKing
[This message has been edited by GK (edited 06-05-2005).]
 #17 
Old 2005-06-05, 01:57
Regular
 
Brooksville, Fla
Default Re: Night Ops V

what is the tattoo gonna say? Also you should op in to the hospital and steal some meds. If you dont use at least sell them.
 #18 
Old 2005-06-05, 02:56
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sir.Shadow, I'd stick to either a grey or a navy blue. Black is too dark and contrasts, therefore sticking out like a sore thumb.
I, personally am going on an exploration op tonight. Going to trek through the woods and across the golf course to the city-like area of my region. There's numerous manholes belonging to the phone company and I figure they might leave interesting manuals and/or hardware down there to which I can expand my knowledge. Just something to get me back into the swing since Summer is setting in.
Billy, you're a twisted person.
GK, Elite. It's like a "Grinder." You know, to see how far they can go and what they're capable of. You should also add some harder activities like locating and removing sentries. I did that the one year with a few friends, mind you it took a while to learn how to knock them out with one swift hit. Heh..
-Sioux
 #19 
Old 2005-06-05, 03:12
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My friend has had another night op idea. He is so smart. A little ways from his house is a large group of little league baseball fields. There are two large concession stands and what he suspects to be two very well stocked sheds. Both of which are, if he strikes at the right time of the year, full of nice little goodies. Not necessarily money but enough things to make the effort and risk worth it. The sheds will have at the most a master lock on it and he doubts that the concession stands will have anything besides a lock. No one has ever made a move on this place so it is not expected. My friend cannot believe that he did not have the idea sooner. He says A very good recon mission is in order for this one. Ill keep everyone up dated on my friends progress.
The one question that my friend has is if he should take anyone with him. After this strike he suspects that the security will go way up so he will only want to do this once but he doesn't really know anyone who does this sort of thing. Should he try to find someone and train them? or should he go about this alone? He has some time to prepare and think this through before he needs to do it.
( every word above is fictional and not true. It does it mean or try to imply that any thing in this nature will ever occur in the future. I am just trying to improve my writing skills.)
tootles,

Pshycho Fraud


Vizzini Vizzini is offline Moderator
Australia Default For the second time the Night Ops V thread has died through a glitch in the forum software. You can still read most of the old posts (I think), here: http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum7/HTML/015021-11.html
just click on the page numbers to browse the posts.
Continue posts in this thread. Vizzini
 #20 
Old 2005-06-26, 06:42
Moderator
 
Greenville SC
Default Re: Night Ops V

First post Bitches!
Edit: I had to go along with the trend of the others http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by squeegee (edited 06-26-2005).]
 #21 
Old 2005-06-26, 06:48
NDC NDC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

We need more people in the night ops IRC channel. Email nightopirc@gmail.com for the address... once enough people sign up, i'll make the address public.
edit: had the email address wrong :X
[This message has been edited by NDC (edited 06-26-2005).]
 #22 
Old 2005-06-26, 07:02
Zer0 Cool Zer0 Cool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

3rd post (or 4th) hahahahahahaha http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gifthis forum needs an upgrade

now into night ops - i have found out that my NO shoes are quite waterproof and may do an op tonight returning a road cone i stole and stealing other ones (i can't hide it anywhere and my dad will go psycho if he finds out http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif.
 #23 
Old 2005-06-26, 09:04
NDC NDC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Fuckit, I'll release the link.
The server is
irc.mediadriven.net
The channel is #nightops
People with an IRC client can use this link - irc://irc.mediadriven.net/nightops
 #24 
Old 2005-06-26, 09:13
l231d l231d is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I've always wondered what the point of this Night Ops thing is, can someone explain it to me in less than 30 pages?
 #25 
Old 2005-06-26, 19:18
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by l231d:
I've always wondered what the point of this Night Ops thing is, can someone explain it to me in less than 30 pages?
It's a rush. I go on ops because of the adrenaline rush from being somewhere you aren't suppossed to be, like in your neighbors backyard.
There's a million different things that are called "night ops" so someone else can explain all the details.
 #26 
Old 2005-06-26, 20:10
secretidentity secretidentity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

does anyone know any good targets in a small town/suburban area....I don't really want to go into houses but anything else is ok...does anyone have experiance in this kind of area?
 #27 
Old 2005-06-26, 22:38
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

What is the point Night Operations you ask?
1. It is pure adrenaline. Nothing else can match that feeling when that fat fuck suburban houseowner waddles out of his house for a smoke or to let the dog out or something and you are 2 FEET away from him in his little strip of treeline/brush, so close you can smell what he had for dinner.
2. Night Operations is a way to fight that cigar chomping fat ass cockrod on city council who set the county curfew.
3. Night Operations is a survival method for kids stuck in the endless stretch identical houses in the middle of suburban fucking america... a method above all to fight of anonimity and the ever present threat of being bored.
4. Night Operations is the only thing standing between you and the chance of becoming another knuckle-fucking suburban rich shit.
5. Finally, Night Operations is the satisfaction you get when you evade that officer or homeowner or neighborhood watch and you finally have gratification that you have found your element of night and adapted to it above all others.
That my friends is Suburban Night Operations
ResdogMrwhite
"We own the night"
 #28 
Old 2005-06-26, 23:50
DeusFacticius DeusFacticius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

how do you guys go about moving through thick vegitation in woods? the other night i had to run from the cops (w/o my full night op gear, mind you) and found it incredibly difficult to move through w/o some kind of light. i used my cell phone to create a faint illumination of where i was going, but this kinda defeats the purpose of hiding in the dark. how do you guys go about it? i'm sure night vision would be helpful here but i can't afford such pricey gizmos.
squeegee squeegee is offline Moderator
Greenville SC Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeusFacticius:
how do you guys go about moving through thick vegitation in woods? the other night i had to run from the cops (w/o my full night op gear, mind you) and found it incredibly difficult to move through w/o some kind of light. i used my cell phone to create a faint illumination of where i was going, but this kinda defeats the purpose of hiding in the dark. how do you guys go about it? i'm sure night vision would be helpful here but i can't afford such pricey gizmos.
Get to know the terrain to where you can run through it with your eyes closed. If you know what's coming, you can dodge it.
squeegee
 #29 
Old 2005-06-27, 00:35
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Night Vision will do it. Goggles w/ Headset is around $700. I know it's steep, but I love it. And it works.
Or,
You should learn the terrian before you go on your op. So you can plan away in and out. And plan emergency routes, that shit can save your ass.
 #30 
Old 2005-06-27, 00:41
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by l231d:

I've always wondered what the point of this Night Ops thing is, can someone explain it to me in less than 30 pages? It's all about gaining, gaining, gaining. Yeah yeah you get a rush, so does driving at 180+. But it's a wonderful rush.
Most just do little thefts, homes, retail stores etc. That's IF they acutually do go in. You gotta start somewhere.
Others, few, need to make money, a living, you know. Like paintings, or jewlery etc. Pride needs to be put in. It's an art that has to be learned through time.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-27-2005).]
 #31 
Old 2005-06-27, 00:53
PROJECT PAT PROJECT PAT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

this is like the second time NO 5 has died shouldnt it turn into NO 6
 #32 
Old 2005-06-27, 02:01
DeusFacticius DeusFacticius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by 00258:
Night Vision will do it. Goggles w/ Headset is around $700. I know it's steep, but I love it. And it works.
Or,
You should learn the terrian before you go on your op. So you can plan away in and out. And plan emergency routes, that shit can save your ass. how can SWIM learn the terrain before hand? do you mean like going and exploring it during the day? that'd be a problem because its an area SWIM shouldn't be in even during the day. is there any such thing as a ghetto night vision? modifying a flashlight to only emit the infrared spectrum, then viewing through glasses w/ an infrared lens? i really dont have a clue what i'm talking about.
 #33 
Old 2005-06-27, 02:19
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeusFacticius:
how can SWIM learn the terrain before hand? do you mean like going and exploring it during the day? that'd be a problem because its an area SWIM shouldn't be in even during the day. is there any such thing as a ghetto night vision? modifying a flashlight to only emit the infrared spectrum, then viewing through glasses w/ an infrared lens? i really dont have a clue what i'm talking about.
If SWIM is serious about it, then he sould do recon. So what if he can't be there. We're never supposed to be there.
And I agree, you don't know what you're talking about.
 #34 
Old 2005-06-27, 02:26
DeusFacticius DeusFacticius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by 00258:
If SWIM is serious about it, then he sould do recon. So what if he can't be there. We're never supposed to be there.
And I agree, you don't know what you're talking about. well how would SWIY go about doing recon on a restricted area, aside from obvious satalite photo's and what can be seen from bordering legal locations?
 #35 
Old 2005-06-27, 02:28
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ok for all of those who are serious about ops, here is the site where I buy my gear.
http://www.securityandsafetysupply.com/
 #36 
Old 2005-06-27, 02:37
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeusFacticius:
well how would SWIY go about doing recon on a restricted area, aside from obvious satalite photo's and what can be seen from bordering legal locations?
Okay. Where is SWIM going. That'll make it ALOT easier for me to help him.
 #37 
Old 2005-06-27, 02:56
DeusFacticius DeusFacticius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

SWIM needs to travel through woods behind several backyards to reach a vantage point without being detected. it would be very suspicious for SWIM to be snooping around these backyard areas during the day, especially since they're very close to SWIM's target. the tree line is varries from 25-40 yards from the houses itself. the closest SWIM can get w/o being suspicious is the street, only being able to see the treeline and a few feet in. satalite photo's of the area are a few years old, the vegetiation has most likely changed, and the area is known for having large thorn bushes that come & go every year, posing hazards in the dark if a hasty escape is needed.
[This message has been edited by DeusFacticius (edited 06-27-2005).]
00258 00258 is offline
Default What's the security at this place? Is it camera's, guards or both.
What seems to be the problem with this op? So what if it says restricted. What's he stealing plutonium?
Anyway, if it's just a house. He should watch to see if anybody leaves or enters. During the day there is nobody home, at work, so these backyards that he has to jump will be safe.
If he is so worried about doing the op then he should not. He will only fuck up and get arrested or beaten.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-27-2005).] 00258
 #38 
Old 2005-06-27, 03:32
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Tonight I got an op to run. A friend of mine got his ass kicked last week. The nigger that kicked his ass is going to meet my associate in an hour at the mall parking lot. A drug deal.
I know that this guy sells meth, and he's been known to carry large quantities of cash on him.
When the deal is done, my associate and I will persue the target. $$$$$$$$$$$. I'll post back in a bit.
 #39 
Old 2005-06-27, 03:49
DeusFacticius DeusFacticius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

no guards, or camera's. just neighbors. SWIM is not well liked in this neighborhood, and his op is a mission of vengence against a target house. if SWIM is spotted, there is no question of who it is.
SWIM is not worried about doing the op as much as executing it to the best of SWIM's abilities. poor planning resulting in a failed op could bump SWIM from hot watter to hotter water.
does anyone know what effective range is for a .177 caliber pellet gun is against weak glass?
[This message has been edited by DeusFacticius (edited 06-27-2005).]
 #40 
Old 2005-06-27, 05:08
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Wow people, I am severly worried about the state of Night Operations... I will be the first to admit, I went from Night Opper to car shopper pretty quick after passing a few of those audi's w/ cell phones, Ipods and wallets/purses in plain sight. Yes, I am still a thief by day too if the conditions and setting is right and I know I am in my element and have control. All I would have to do is swing open the door and they were mine, but I am pleading with you guys... DONT!!! Carshopping is so fucking ridiculously tempting, it can turn so much profit if you have the right area and know how to do it (i.e. I picked out the next richest suburban too mine and assembled a DAMN good team) I lost complete sight of what night operations was all about, it was the thrill, the silent protest and the skill involved. Do not be a little cockrod like 00258 and go around spreading the false facts... NOing is not robbery, it is NOT a source of income by any stretch of the mind, it is an expensive sport if anything, and done right. Please next time you sneak out of your suburban home or your fire exit on your apartment building, dont go to steal... go to Night

Op, freak content ass neighbors out of their skulls when they trip over a wire heading out of their door or have their dog run back in the house after a midnight shit with a letter attached to their collar, go out to provoke an officer of the law, run him through your backwoods and fuck with his head when you run him into an ambush of physcological warfare... just please DONT CARSHOP, and if you are refusing to heed my advice... then keep your crap seperate from Night Operations, two majorily different things.
ResdogMrwhite
"we own the night"
dont be a knuckle-fucking, no-brain pussy like 00258.
 #41 
Old 2005-06-27, 05:08
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

HAHA!
Op accomplished...sort of. Well it when off without a hitch until my associate tripped and fell upon getaway. He got to the car in time.
We didn't take the meth, not our thing, my did however snatch a 2 grams of weed and split $1175. We duct taped him hog style and used his own cell phone to call the police. We left the phone in front and drove off.
Cheers.
p.s. Who the fuck is SWIM gonna shoot now?
and Resdog I'm sorry I upset you.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-27-2005).]
 #42 
Old 2005-06-27, 05:19
Mr Socks Mr Socks is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

sounded like a drug bust more than anything.
I feel sorry for those guys...getting busted for having Meth in their car. You deserve to get shot
 #43 
Old 2005-06-27, 05:20
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

What? Who had meth? Can you read?
We deserve to get shot? Are you on meth?
 #44 
Old 2005-06-27, 06:50
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

yea, read the post more thoroughly.
I errr... may have gotten alittle carried away 00258, but in all fairness what ya' did to the guy still isn't a Night Op, it was an extremely well planned, well resourced ambush of sorts... and hey??? so what about the little hitch with your bud, what well-layed plan doesn't have its few kinks, just think before ya' post, Night Operations is no longer Night Operations as soon as something is stolen, then it is robbery.
ResdogMrwhite
"we own the night"
[This message has been edited by ResdogMrwhite (edited 06-27-2005).]
 #45 
Old 2005-06-27, 09:15
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeusFacticius:
no guards, or camera's. just neighbors. SWIM is not well liked in this neighborhood, and his op is a mission of vengence against a target house. if SWIM is spotted, there is no question of who it is.
SWIM is not worried about doing the op as much as executing it to the best of SWIM's abilities. poor planning resulting in a failed op could bump SWIM from hot watter to hotter water.
does anyone know what effective range is for a .177 caliber pellet gun is against weak glass?

depends on the fps
 #46 
Old 2005-06-27, 10:09
Zer0 Cool Zer0 Cool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

for deus i would recomend kicking a ball around where you want to look and go through peoples backyards taing note of evrytin - a good excuse.if you are going to get blamed like you sed if ur seen around there get a friend to do it and maybe use a video cellphone to do it.or do the scouting by yourself and remember it - write it down then do it a couple of weeks later - people will forget about it. but be kicking your ball for about half an hour - 10mins of kicking then over your fence get it then do about 15 minsof kicking.
i am planning on doing an p tonight - my first 1 http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif just around neighbours backyards.
Cheers Zer0 Cool
PS resdog - how did you train to be a pickpocket?i can only do the bag over what you want to steal trick not the actual picking of pockets
00258 00258 is offline
Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by ResdogMrwhite:
yea, read the post more thoroughly.
I errr... may have gotten alittle carried away 00258, but in all fairness what ya' did to the guy still isn't a Night Op, it was an extremely well planned, well resourced ambush of sorts... and hey??? so what about the little hitch with your bud, what well-layed plan doesn't have its few kinks, just think before ya' post, Night Operations is no longer Night Operations as soon as something is stolen, then it is robbery.
ResdogMrwhite
"we own the night"
I respect your opinion Resdog. It's true every well layed plan will always have its flaws. We're only human.
Certain aspects involve Night Ops. Just this one had value and emotion, which emotion should never be an aspect. But the guy beat a friend and I'm not going to stand and let it slide.
Thanks Res.
p.s. That tripwire idea you wrote...priceless, I need to buy it.
And Dues, wtf is SWIM going to do with a pellet gun? Does he think that it's going to weigh the stakes in his direction?

If he brakes into that house, the people will think he's got heat, then someone will yell for help, the neighbors will hear and call the police, then SWIM will shoot, then they'll realize it's a lousy pellet gun...SWIM gets his ass kicked.
If he's using the gun to just brake the window to get in, then why doesn't he use a glass cutter? You said it's weak glass. Be stealthy not load and shooting a pellet gun around.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-27-2005).] 00258
 #47 
Old 2005-06-27, 15:45
davetolomy davetolomy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Isn't there a night ops forum?
 #48 
Old 2005-06-27, 16:54
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Unless you want to hang around in the dark and play pranks on neighbors. ooooooooo, make it rewarding.
Resdog you are a theif and you're calling me a retard. You car shop, I don't. Car shopping is for beginners, it's the poor mans way of making money without putting any thought into it.
Rewards!!!!
This is what NO is all about, not fooling around in the dark.
The government steals from us, we steal it back from whoever. You only live once, so make it interesting.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-27-2005).]
 #49 
Old 2005-06-27, 17:10
Maggot Maggot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by davetolomy:
Isn't there a night ops forum? this is it, the old one got messed up
 #50 
Old 2005-06-27, 18:13
Experimental Experimental is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I need some advice.
In a few weeks, SWIM has to sneak around a forest in the dark. SWIM has done this before, but his teeth and eyes gave him away, due to the multitude of gaurds patrolling the forest. What can SWIM do to better sneak into this forest? Anything would help at all, SWIM's pretty new to night ops.
 #51 
Old 2005-06-27, 20:27
Sir smokes alot Sir smokes alot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I want to go on a NO. What should I do, where should I go? Ad what exactly should I do, It seems fun to sneak around at night, but gay to play lame tricks On the neighbors.
I live in a suburb that is cram packed with houses and stores, and construction sites.
Would the construction site be worth chcking out, I would take things, but would there be anything there worth taking?
 #52 
Old 2005-06-27, 20:27
Mr-Smith Mr-Smith is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

On wednesday im going away for two weeks but one of the days after i get back im going to do a night op in this one house on my street does any1 have any suggestions on what to wear/bring this will be my first night op going in/trying to get into a house.
p.s the house im going into i know the basic layout and i also know they have a doggie door on their side door.
After i do this i will make a post on what happened.

[This message has been edited by Mr-Smith (edited 06-27-2005).]
 #53 
Old 2005-06-27, 20:51
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hm..Lately I've been depressed and actually lost the desire to operate. I'm sure this has happened to at least one or two of you. Maybe some words of wisdom/motivation can suffice. :\
 #54 
Old 2005-06-27, 21:27
Moderator
 
Greenville SC
Default Re: Night Ops V

I actually found something in my city worth looking at. There is an abandoned movie theatre not a mile from my house. If I could get in and find a source of power, I could initiate a grow op or something http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif I just gotta find a way in.
 #55 
Old 2005-06-27, 21:33
DA DA is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sioux:
Hm..Lately I've been depressed and actually lost the desire to operate. I'm sure this has happened to at least one or two of you. Maybe some words of wisdom/motivation can suffice. :\ I can only say that if you take it too seriously, for too long, it begins to get dull. Kind of like a tolerance. I NO for recreation. To me it's something fun, and thrilling to do. If you treat it like a career or something, you may burn out. Just lay off for a while.
{DA}
00258 00258 is offline
Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by DA:
I can only say that if you take it too seriously, for too long, it begins to get dull. Kind of like a tolerance. I NO for recreation. To me it's something fun, and thrilling to do. If you treat it like a career or something, you may burn out. Just lay off for a while.

{DA} Uh ok. LMAO!
00258
 #56 
Old 2005-06-28, 01:37
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

OK... first off, listen up you fucking stupid prick 00258, I am FORMER carshopper... as in pasttense. I realized how fucking stupid it is to do it, and I used to be a just like you. Robbery, B&E, carshopping, I used to do it all, god knows I had the team, the skill and the ball-sac to do it, I was good and I knew it... but it always... always catches up w/ you, and you little fudge dick butt banger... sorry to say but it is going to come back and cock-slap you in the face too, and I can't wait for it. I used Confusing Night Operations w/ carshopping/robbery, but I was wrong and you are still wrong you little teabaggin' faggot! NOing is no longer NOing once you turn any sort of profit!!! I will repeat... NOing is no longer NOing once you turn any sort of profit!!!
SO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!
I thought you were respectable in your first few posts. withdrawing you're obviously wrong statements, but somewhere along the way your NAMBLA lover musta' given you your nuts back becuase ya' regained that fucktard charm again.
ResdogMrwhite
NOing is no longer NOing once you turn any sort of profit!!!
 #57 
Old 2005-06-28, 02:42
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

^Bullshit.
First I don't car shop. Wow stealing cellphones and purses from cars. Wow. LMAO. Never will.
Whenever there is a buyer then I'll be there. This ain't no kids game, you slang talking nigger.
BTW it sounds like crime bite you in the ass. You went wrong when you made a "team". It's always in any scenario better, safer, quicker to work alone.
Don't trust anybody, especially in crime.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #58 
Old 2005-06-28, 02:47
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Experimental:
I need some advice.
In a few weeks, SWIM has to sneak around a forest in the dark. SWIM has done this before, but his teeth and eyes gave him away, due to the multitude of gaurds patrolling the forest. What can SWIM do to better sneak into this forest? Anything would help at all, SWIM's pretty new to night ops. They caught you because they could see your eyes and teeth? wtf? Is that a black joke?
Anyway, whats the terrain like?
Is there cover for you near the target?
How many guards would you guess are on duty at one time?
 #59 
Old 2005-06-28, 03:10
the_V_dude the_V_dude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

What's this SWIM thing? (I = no idea what night op words are...)
All I know is that SOMEONE is getting ready to get into an EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT and ACQUIRE some expensive TECHNOLOGIC ITEMS.
I know there are 3 cameras in the cafeteria, One in the lobby, one watching a door, and one in the hallway.
I know that SOMEONE knows a way around almost all of these, and SOMEONE needs some help on thinking of needed gear.
Can anyone help my friend?
 #60 
Old 2005-06-28, 03:22
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Just wait... it is going to come back full circle and belt you good, I have never been formally arrested for night operations or carshopping or B&E, I have been detained indefinetely although I was released due to my age and the fact they couldn't pin anything on me, (i.e. I won my case in court that a paintball mask is not a robbery tool)
second off... I never accused you of carshopping if you actually read my post thoroughly. As for my "nigger" slang, I went back to edit my post but it never updated it so... w/e. If anything I am to punctual and formal when I speak.
Just take it easy, think before you post
and for fuck sake... Night operations is not for personal gain, there is no feesable way by definition of Night Operation that you can gain any sort of profit while in the act.
otherwise, I really don't want to get in a back and forth bash fest with you, I have better things to do with my time and I really hate fighting against peers with the same goal of "sticking it to the man" so lets both chill the fuck out and be an asset instead of an annoyance to the board.
ResdogMrwhite
We own the night
[This message has been edited by ResdogMrwhite (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #61 
Old 2005-06-28, 03:29
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

DA> I don't turn profit from it. I go where I'm not supposed to go, and if I happen to find an object that I find to like I take it for personal use. Some people look at it this way; They worked hard to earn it and by the operating and stealth to acquire it, I worked hard as well so I deserve it.
I used to be like that but no more.
It's that there's no longer a target I haven't explored. It's getting too predictable. I'm thinking of starting to operate in other towns/cities. Might be funner. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
 #62 
Old 2005-06-28, 03:31
the_V_dude the_V_dude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Thanks for all the help...
 #63 
Old 2005-06-28, 04:16
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Res,
You sound like a different person. Sensible.
I agree, this none sence should stop.
NO has different meanings for people. In your case it's messing with people's minds. Ok that's fine. For me and most of us of this thread it's profit. Sorry to say but it's true. Evolution. I am not trying to piss you off, but you know NO has changed.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #64 
Old 2005-06-28, 05:20
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My penis is bigger.
<.>
00258 00258 is offline
Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by the_V_dude:
What's this SWIM thing? (I = no idea what night op words are...)
All I know is that SOMEONE is getting ready to get into an EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT and ACQUIRE some expensive TECHNOLOGIC ITEMS.
I know there are 3 cameras in the cafeteria, One in the lobby, one watching a door, and one in the hallway.
I know that SOMEONE knows a way around almost all of these, and SOMEONE needs some help on thinking of needed gear.
Can anyone help my friend?
Are you going to steal computers from your school? Come on! 00258
 #65 
Old 2005-06-28, 05:47
Zer0 Cool Zer0 Cool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

V dude - SWIM means Someone Who Isn't Me. and for the cameras i suggest using a laser pointer to temporarily blind it?i said before that i was going to do a night op last night.that night at around midnight i woke up and violently vomited.i my night ops are postponed AGAIN unfortunately but ah well - i need sum caffiene pills and a balaclave anyway.sioux - take a break and have some porn and chicken - as for resdog and 258.
get over it and stop having catfights.
and resdog how did you train pickpocketing?
also i think that night ops is anything SPECIFICALLY planned to do at night - like robbing a certain place not just car hopping.profit or entertainment as long as its done in the night time and planned,its a night op
Cheers Zer0 Cool
 #66 
Old 2005-06-28, 05:55
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sioux:
DA> I don't turn profit from it. I go where I'm not supposed to go, and if I happen to find an object that I find to like I take it for personal use. Some people look at it this way; They worked hard to earn it and by the operating and stealth to acquire it, I worked hard as well so I deserve it.
I used to be like that but no more.
It's that there's no longer a target I haven't explored. It's getting too predictable. I'm thinking of starting to operate in other towns/cities. Might be funner. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif What the hell are you talking about Sioux!
Just 2 days ago before NO 5 died you were asking the best ways to B&E a Target Store. You told me you were gonna attempt to Scuba dive there. Well?
Now you say "I go were I'm supposed to go" easy there Zorro.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #67 
Old 2005-06-28, 07:07
Experimental Experimental is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by 00258:
They caught you because they could see your eyes and teeth? wtf? Is that a black joke?
Anyway, whats the terrain like?
Is there cover for you near the target?
How many guards would you guess are on duty at one time?
No, SWIM is very white. He had black face paint on, completely black converse, black longsleeve shirt, and black pants.
SWIM is trying again this year, but the terrain has changed slightly. Last year, safe passage to the forest came via a tennis court. the only gaurds were inside the forest.
This year, he is taking a different approach but knows that there will still be safe passage to the beginning of the forest.
The terrain is simply, a forest with a clearing in the center or somewhere near by. SWIM needs to take something from a structure up a tree in this clearing.
Is there any way to black out teeth and eyes? That would help out SWIM alot.
 #68 
Old 2005-06-28, 09:02
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Balaclava or breathe through nose. Sunglasses for eyes but it'll get hard to see.
 #69 
Old 2005-06-28, 15:19
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

00numbersIforgotbecauseI'mtired> It wasn't a target store. I went out last night anyways. I guess it was just a temporary phase. Well, I'm "Back."
EDIT: Going diving today in the lake. Going to pretend to "Get lost" and do some further recon on my "Water based target" http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
It's a boating club/marina.
EDIT2: I only now realize that I said "There's a target near here." I meant a target target, not the store. Hah. http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Sioux (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #70 
Old 2005-06-28, 16:16
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yeah right Sioux. Keep talking, that's all you got.
Anyway, Ex use a ski mask to hide your teeth, but your eyes will have to be exposed. Too dark for sunglasses. Use the forest to your advantage.
 #71 
Old 2005-06-28, 16:20
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

"Keep talking?"
Define your last post, please.
 #72 
Old 2005-06-28, 16:25
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You flip-flop.
3 days ago (old NO 5) you said, you were going on an op. A profit, you were going in.
Then (New NO 5) you started saying "I don't do for the profit, I go were I'm supposed to go"
And now you say you're going back to that target and you're gonna scuba dive to get in.
You're full of shit, you were just trying to be like Resdog, you were pretending to be all "crimed" out.
Please stop the bullshit.
 #73 
Old 2005-06-28, 16:31
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Why the hell lie on the internet? To gain respect? Respect on the internet is non-existant. Last op I went on was in late May, last night I just went to the golf course and snuck around. It wasn't even an op. It was just practice to get back into the swing. I'm not trying to be 'Crimed out' but just looking for more exciting things to do. I'm not going to steal anything, so the only crime in the op I've been planning would be tresspassing. I'm not about to get involved in an argument over totse, let alone the internet because it would achieve absolutely nothing. If you decide to believe I'm bullshitting, then that's you're opinion and you're fully entitled to it.
EDIT: The profit seemed like a good idea at the time because I heard how much you could make from GPS systems and such. I just don't find pleasure in theivery anymore.
[This message has been edited by Sioux (edited 06-28-2005).]
00258 00258 is offline
Default I guess I was right. 00258
 #74 
Old 2005-06-28, 16:48
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

00258> All of my previous 'ops' this year were unplanned, unorganized, and stupid. It was an idea for the first planned one of the year. Not saying I won't do it, and I'm not saying I will. However, _if_ I do, I won't be scuba diving. My tanks are empty, too bulky and like you said, time consuming. How about we put this "Debate" behind us and go about our uh, totse lives? Heh.
 #75 
Old 2005-06-28, 17:10
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Uuuuhhhhhhh haha.
Anyway yeah lets rid of this bull.
Snorkel, if a guard is in view just dive underwater for a second.
Less gear more speed.
If they hear rustling in the water the won't expect it to be a person, they'll assume it's a fish.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #76 
Old 2005-06-28, 17:13
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Going snorkelling in a few minutes actually. Anyways, what's the funnest operation you've done, 00258? http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
EDIT: I must have posted while you were posting. Indeed, there's a SHITLOAD of carp in the area. They jump and break the water all the time. I totally forgot.
[This message has been edited by Sioux (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #77 
Old 2005-06-28, 17:21
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

An associate and I went into a complex for disclosed reasons. We split to save more time.
After about 5 minutes I saw a figure running at me, it was dark and I thought it was a guard. I pulled out my mace gun and shot him but the fucked up thing was he started macing me too. Then I realized it was my associate.
I thought he was a guard running at me and he thought I was a guard watching him.
After that I invested in Night Vision googles.
p.s. That carp will be your best friend.
[This message has been edited by 00258 (edited 06-28-2005).]
 #78 
Old 2005-06-28, 18:14
Sir smokes alot Sir smokes alot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

OMG, I have been blessed by the Night Ops gods.
There is this really big wooded area a few mile from my house, that ends with a hill that overlooks a parking lot, of a 24 hour meijer.
(meijer is a really big department store and gorcery place.)
hypothetically I DONT plan on going on my first car shoppping op.
 #79 
Old 2005-06-28, 19:00
Zrau Zrau is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I dont come to totse anymore for night opping things because most of you are completly cluless. Running around where you are not supposed to be is not an op and neither is basic robbery. I can't believe you call some of the things you do an operation. An operation must be planned and then executed to the fullest. For a night op you must plan for a specific target bypass the security and then get away safely. Not wander around at night because of some immature way of rebellion. You can make a profit on opps and that is what many do but you have to have you target planned. I think that you have it all worng resdog because it seems you are a child and cannot cope with illegal activites, although you state you used to commit them. There is nothing wrong with making a profit on opping and you must learn that and stop argueing with everyone here who wants to make a profit. 00258 you seem to have a better idea but you need to lay off the arguments, you all do because this forum is not just for sharing of stories but also helping others and yourself become better at opping.
I probably wont come back here to post because totse is outdated but i hope you guys all cool it in the arguments and start to help each other more.
 #80 
Old 2005-06-28, 19:53
wmt9 wmt9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by secretidentity:
does anyone know any good targets in a small town/suburban area....I don't really want to go into houses but anything else is ok...does anyone have experiance in this kind of area? car hopping is always fun and exicting
 #81 
Old 2005-06-28, 20:56
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Zrau you are a fool. Did you even read most of the posts. Some of us actually do what you said.
I hope you don't come back. You are outdated.
 #82 
Old 2005-06-28, 21:06
GK GK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by negative_zero:
Sunglasses for eyes but it'll get hard to see. Don't even try this unless you're in an urban environment. Wearing them would dull your sense of sight, for what?, no having your eyes be seen? If anything, in an urban environment(the only place this is remotely practical) it'll reflect light mor ethan your actual eyes.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Zer0 Cool:
and for the cameras i suggest using a laser pointer to temporarily blind it We talked about this before; they could use a color filter andstill see you. The only possible way the laser idea would work was if you set up a bi/tri pod and put a green,red, and blue laser on it, and aim it *perfectly* into the eye of the camerea.
Very hard to do, especially without being seen in the first place.
GK GK is offline Regular
NH USA Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by 00258:
Zrau you are a fool...
...I hope you don't come back. You are outdated. Fuck you. I'm sure more respect Zrau than you. And "you are outdated", come on, how old are you?
Quote: quote:Originally posted by wmt9:
car hopping is always fun and exicting It's shopping, and it gets old fast when your balls drop.
 #83 
Old 2005-06-28, 23:02
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

GK I just cannot stand morons. So shut up and never mention my name in your pointless posts.
 #84 
Old 2005-06-28, 23:04
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm off to Spain. This has international incident written all over it. I'll try and post the ops using a wifi pda (if I can get a signal) Anyway keep opping all. Peace.
 #85 
Old 2005-06-29, 00:45
Regular
 
USA
Default Re: Night Ops V

well i have gone on lots and lots of night opps, i mean tons, but nothing that you guys haven't done or heard of someone doing. and uh, i just figured it's time to communicate with other fellow night oppers and start posting here. well my first question to you guys is, how do you get motivated? i used to be so gung ho, but now it seems to have lost some of it's appeal to me. i plan them out, i do recon and stuff, but at night when it get's down to it, i'm either to tired or just like, screw it. help me out here guys. what should i do to help motivate me at night when it's go time?
 #86 
Old 2005-06-29, 01:02
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sometimes I need to get a little buzzed to motivate myself to get out.
You guys should check out google earth if you havent yet, it is much better than google maps.
 #87 
Old 2005-06-29, 01:26
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Regular clothes make a little noise rubbing off each other. Not much, but we try to be perfect.
What does everone thing of Under Armour leggings?
They look like they could provide support, but no impact protection.

Also, they might tear. I don't know. On the plus side, they would make me the sexiest, silentist motherfucker around.
Also, I swap between a tough pair of gloves and a surgeon's pair. Is this what everyone else does? It feels awkward, but you need the thin ones for delicate work and it's really uncomfortable to wear them inside.
 #88 
Old 2005-06-29, 02:46
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Feh, if you really need something to protect against impact, invest in knee supports. I have a few from when I messed my knee up and they work wonderfully. Feels kind of spring loaded. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
 #89 
Old 2005-06-29, 05:31
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I only use very thin gloves. Big ones are too clunky for my taste.
My reason for wearing them is mainly for concealment.
 #90 
Old 2005-06-29, 06:20
Aft3r ImaGe Aft3r ImaGe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I Have seen posts on NO about using terra server and map quest and programs like that to scout out a large area then explore on foot. Terra server and mapquest are NOTHING compared to earth google. This program is so good it should be illegal to zoom in that close with that quality of picture. All the pictures are only a couple years old and they are world wide (as opposed to terra server being US only). Also earth google has more features. On the downside you have to download the installer. I don't suggest using this program unless you have a fast internet (DSL & UP). Right now I want each and and everyone of you to type in earth.google.com in your browser. I just found this and it might even help you as much as it's gunna help me. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif Good Luck
Link
 #91 
Old 2005-06-29, 06:51
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Aft3r ImaGe:
I Have seen posts on NO about using terra server and map quest and programs like that to scout out a large area then explore on foot. Terra server and mapquest are NOTHING compared to earth google. This program is so good it should be illegal to zoom in that close with that quality of picture. All the pictures are only a couple years old and they are world wide (as opposed to terra server being US only). Also earth google has more features. On the downside you have to download the installer. I don't suggest using this program unless you have a fast internet (DSL & UP). Right now I want each and and everyone of you to type in earth.google.com in your browser. I just found this and it might even help you as much as it's gunna help me. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif Good Luck
Link
I recommended it a few posts back http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
It is an awesome program. There is a better one out there supposedly by nasa but it is a few gigs and I dont want to waste my time when google earth it as good as it is. I love it.
Zer0 Cool Zer0 Cool is offline Regular
Default i agree with zrau about the planning and stuff like that.
GK - thanx about the camera advice, so how would you get passed it?
I won't go on an op tonight but i did buy a cool lighter which looks like a pack of cards and open it to light http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
i will also check out google earth and that nasa prog - 2 gigs? doubt it prolly 200mb
Cheers Zer0 Cool Zer0 Cool
 #92 
Old 2005-06-29, 08:52
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Zer0 Cool:
i agree with zrau about the planning and stuff like that.
GK - thanx about the camera advice, so how would you get passed it?

I won't go on an op tonight but i did buy a cool lighter which looks like a pack of cards and open it to light http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
i will also check out google earth and that nasa prog - 2 gigs? doubt it prolly 200mb
Cheers Zer0 Cool http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/
initial download is 180 mb but there are some packs you can download that are over a gig. I havent checked it out yet.
 #93 
Old 2005-06-29, 09:53
puff daddy puff daddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeusFacticius:
how can SWIM learn the terrain before hand? do you mean like going and exploring it during the day? that'd be a problem because its an area SWIM shouldn't be in even during the day. is there any such thing as a ghetto night vision? modifying a flashlight to only emit the infrared spectrum, then viewing through glasses w/ an infrared lens? i really dont have a clue what i'm talking about.

if you use a red flashlight you will not ruin your nartal nightvison, and still be able to see like reguar light.
 #94 
Old 2005-06-29, 13:09
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by PvtVVitt:

I only use very thin gloves. Big ones are too clunky for my taste... Don't they tear for you? In my experience, they don't hold up for against gloves give you both better grip and protection.
 #95 
Old 2005-06-29, 15:03
the_V_dude the_V_dude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by PvtVVitt:
I only use very thin gloves. Big ones are too clunky for my taste.
My reason for wearing them is mainly for concealment. It's not a good idea to wear them too thin.
If they are too thin, they can still leave finger prints.
 #96 
Old 2005-06-29, 15:58
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think, there should be a massive TOTSE night op war. People who have(or say they have) excellent night op skills, do alot of ops...There could be a list of places,(a large list, probably nationwide, or maybe in one area that they would all travel too,former is more likely)The places would all be ranked 1-10, 1 being easy, 10 being extremely dificult, with high risk. If you completed it, you would have to post about it the night it happened, so we could know you weren't making it up, because these will be places that would make atleast local news. This of course is hypothetical, and we on TOTSE would never dream of doing night ops...(you wouldn't actually say you did anything in the post, maybe just name the place) What do you think? Stupid idea?
 #97 
Old 2005-06-29, 16:28
jamez jamez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i can smell the bacon already..
 #98 
Old 2005-06-29, 19:03
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Dude that is a great idea. How about we all post our names and addresses as well as telephone numbers here so we can coordinate it! I know this is bad ideas and all man, but that is a pretty bad idea.
About my gloves, they dont tear. They are just military surplus black gloves, but they are the thin

ones. I don't steal stuff so I'm not worried about prints.
Anyways, I had a class in high school taught by a detective. He brought in a finger print lifting specialist from the local PD and he taught us how they lift prints. It is actually pretty damned hard to get an admissable print, he couldn't get a random one.
We had to press our thumb down perfectly for him to finally be able to lift one.
 #99 
Old 2005-06-29, 20:25
Captain Kaboom Captain Kaboom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hypothetically, if you wanted to start a meet like that, you would have to have a single email address to send your info to. This would cut out the site officially. But great idea.
 #100 
Old 2005-06-29, 23:03
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

It was just an idea...
Sioux Sioux is offline
Default I figure if you're going to consider something like that, post major cities and such with a specific place to meet. Of course, a specific time as well. Heh.. Sioux
 #101 
Old 2005-06-30, 03:33
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My job has completely fucked up my operations. I have to wake up at 5:00AM, work my ass off, forcing me to fall asleep around 9:00PM. Even if I stayed up late enough for an operation, I'd be dead the next morning at work - not a good thing given my job.
To remedy the situation, I've considered totally changing my awake hours. I figure I do OK on 8 hours of sleep, so instead of wasting the night, why not go to bed at 4:00PM and wake up at Midnight? I never do anything between 4 and Midnight anyways (sans parties), and I'll be able to do ops and work.
Granted, I'll only have 3 or so hours of time to hang out when normal people are up and about...

eh... negligible.
 #102 
Old 2005-06-30, 15:01
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

5:00 AM is pretty damn early. I'd say, just wake up and extra hour or 2 earlier. Around here,where I live, that would be the perfect time to op anyway.
 #103 
Old 2005-06-30, 23:24
Regular
 
USA
Default Re: Night Ops V

well, do you work every single day of the week? if not, plan it out all week, and execute it on your day(s) off.
 #104 
Old 2005-06-30, 23:29
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

That would be a good idea if I had an easier job, but you see I have to run around hills all day throwing logs into piles, packing a chainsaw around, and occassionally dig fire lines with a pulaski, so I can't afford to be tired as I go to work, I need time to get my energy back. Plus, my typical operations run for a long time since I have to do a lot of travelling to get into any decent action. Finally, it starts getting light now at around 4:00AM where I live.
But yeah, if someone were to have a desk job or something easy, it'd be a gravy idea. At least that way you'd have more time to see friends who are still awake.
EDIT - This was directed to SanityOverRated. As for weekends, Saturday night is the only possible time I could go out otherwise. That doesn't cut it.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 06-30-2005).]
 #105 
Old 2005-07-01, 00:50
Cybernetico Cybernetico is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Summer vacation for me means I might finally start doing some of these. Just need some opportune times to get out.
 #106 
Old 2005-07-01, 01:22
Sleena Sleena is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Last Op:
First of all, for all you who dont live in Canada, LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) is the only decent place where you can buy your booze. Thus was the Object of the night op.
SWIM and three associates (larger party than SWIM usually has, but the repercussions of this Op will take a LONG time to go away, thus SWIM had only one chance to get a lot of booze)planned out the operation for a week, then when the fateful evening came along, SWIM and h** friends went out and committed.
Here is a precise account of what happened.
BUILDING DESCRIPTION:
LCBO was located in a strip mall, cosily placed between a Beer Store, and a Rogers Video. Thus SWIM had only one side to enter through.
NIGHT OPERATION:
SWIM teamed up with an associate, and the two remaining people teamed up together too.
In each group, one person carried a 120ltr Surplus bag, and the other followed closely behind them, emptying the aisles.
The two people with backpacks went out in front, broke a window (large glass panels, full height of building) with a crowbar, jumped in with SWIM and the other in close pursuit.
Once inside, SWIM and teammate separated from the other group, and went on their merry way.
30seconds later, (timed to perfection) as one person, SWIM and associates ran out, hid the backpacks in the local skatepark (it was 3 AM, about 1km away from the LCBO) and started to consume some marijuana to regain some energy.
Total Gain:
-10 Forties (40 ounces) of Smirnoff Vodka
-2 Sixties (60 ounces) of Smirnoff Vodka
-4 Forties (40 ounces) of Bacardi Rum
-3 Sixties (60 ounces) of Bacardi Rum

-5 Sixties (60 ounces) of Chivas Regal Whiskey
-3 Forties (40 ounces) of Baileys.
And voila! Instant booze, for a long, long time, and pleasurable 'sortie'.
We went again last night, and there were 4 employees inside, with full lights, and two Police cruisers parked in front, with a third patrolling around the area. (We stayed until 3.30 AM, then left, sure that they were there for a long time).
Thank you all for your unyielding attention,
Sleena...
 #107 
Old 2005-07-01, 17:44
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well, you might just have to wait untill you have a new job. How much does it pay?
 #108 
Old 2005-07-01, 21:53
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sleena, why the hell would you return to the scene of the crime the following night?
 #109 
Old 2005-07-01, 21:57
ozzfest ozzfest is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Aside from going back, why'd you post it on the net. Say a cop or someone does look through here, finds this and see's someone saying SWIM did this and this to this building, and stole this, came back the next night and saw this. Now he's gonna wonder, heyyy now that I think about it this same building they're talking about was broken i nthe front window, inventory says all that they took is missing, and ya know there were cops here the night after. So now they trace your IP directly to your house. Boom, caught.
Precisely why I don't believe you.
Sleena Sleena is offline

Ottawa Ontario Canada Default ...
1)LCBO, is not ONE store.
It is the OFFICIAL liquor control board of Ontario.
As in many, many, many stores out there...
2)You have no idea how many people walk/drive down that road at night, it's probably the biggest entry into my City from the West... So as to returning to the scene of a crime, that solves it...
I didn't go walking in, I observed from a distance. I assure you, at 3 am in the morning, a store that has 3 cop cars close to it and all lights on can be seen from far away...
Anyways, returning to my original argument regarding my equipment:
WHY, oh, but WHY, would I lie to an Internet message board...
Sleena...
Edit--- And as for the tracing of the IP... I'll let you figure that one out, if you are as smart as you like to pretend...
[This message has been edited by Sleena (edited 07-02-2005).] Sleena
 #110 
Old 2005-07-02, 00:04
fat_thighs fat_thighs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

http://www.arin.net/whois/
Once they get your provider, they call and say they have a warrant for your ip, and BAM you're located, asshat.
 #111 
Old 2005-07-02, 00:10
Sleena Sleena is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Aha...

Right...
We'll talk some more in a couple of days, then?
Faggot...
Sleena...
 #112 
Old 2005-07-02, 00:32
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sleeny, my mistake. I thought you meant you ended up walking into the parking lot or something. http://www.totse.com/bbs/redface.gif
 #113 
Old 2005-07-02, 00:53
Sleena Sleena is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

No problem, Sioux, from what I read on NOs, you seem like a "real" opper, not a kid who flames people uselessly all day, just to try and earn a bit of cyber-respect, towards which my last couple of posts were aimed at.
Sleena...
 #114 
Old 2005-07-02, 02:27
Moderator
 
Greenville SC
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm not sure how many of you have a problem with walking silently, but I have found that my shoes for working at a fast food joint work very well. The soles are divided into grids, and each cell is four smaller cells.When you walk, the small cells spread out giving better traction and making you step quietly. It may be lame, but they work. There is a pair for 25.00 or so that I use for work http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
http://tinyurl.com/d5b5z
 #115 
Old 2005-07-02, 04:12
Heimdall the watcher Heimdall the watcher is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

^ I personaly use those shoes you wear in the water. They are very flexible, silent and light weight. They have excellent grip and you could pick a pair up at Walmart for six bucks.
 #116 
Old 2005-07-03, 01:26
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

It's about 7:30 PM here, I am putting together the final touches and gathering my equipment up and doing checks on it. Its about 80 some degrees out, clear night, no clouds (grrrr...) I'm not so sure about the moon and all that crap. Anyway, tonight I think I am just going to slink around, mess with a couple gated communities and maybe the neighborhood watch. The usual. I am not quite sure why I am posting this, maybe to shake off the pre-op jitters and settle down, before I go through my pre-op pump up (Andrew W.K.)
Anyway, wish me luck. Pray that my out of practice ass doesn't get caught, and I'll post probaly 10 min before I head out.
ResdogMrwhite
 #117 
Old 2005-07-03, 07:18
the_mail_man the_mail_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Andrew W.K. Kicks ASS
 #118 
Old 2005-07-03, 07:22
ark_gamer ark_gamer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Clouds are bad, because they reflect light from the city down on the ground. It's as bad as a full moon. The best night is clear, no moon, cool and cloudless.
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline Regular

Tennessee Default You need light to see. Sanity0verRated
 #119 
Old 2005-07-03, 18:51
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yea, sorry I didn't really post before I left. AWK does rock all!!! I am not to worried about city light reflection since I live in a fucking ocean of identical suburban houses. So probaly not too much light pollution there. As far as the op success went, it was mixed, I found myself diving for cover with a couple oncoming headlights (I was getting careless)... I did like the new black single strap backpack (the one all the gay people wear, good for NOing though) I managed to only catch one person out of their house, it was an asian girl (mid 20's) I was afraid she maybe had a little VC in her so I didn't stay long, just kind of messed with her mind. ( too lazy to elaborate ) neighborhood watch wasn't out and the gate guard at running meadows was asleep with his headphones on so... not much there.
Basically it was a field trial for some of my new equipment, which went over well.
ResdogMrwhite
"we own the night"
 #120 
Old 2005-07-03, 20:30
davetolomy davetolomy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

A few tips from experience.
-Less gear is better. If you have a plan only bring gear needed for that specific plan. If your just generally exploring all you need is a drink and a torch.
-Bring an energy drink like lucozade or hydroactive. Glucose energydrinks keep you hydrated and active
-Clothing: I see posts about full ninja gear and shit. I think thats okay for the serious oppers but I find it easier and more comfortable in casual clothing. I wear jeans and a black t-shirt. Fuck blending into the shadows. My whole city is lit up anyway.
First Op ideas:
(1)Make a plan. Don't just wander around aimlessly. If you want to look around in the day. If you find somewhere you want to explore then remember its location and return at night.

(2)Its up to you if you want to go solo or with friends. With friends is more fun but its less subtle. PersonallyI go solo but this is probaly because I have no friends.
(3)Next door garden exploring is a good one. Just hope the fence or wall or whatever into next doors garden. Be quiet. If you get caught on the streets by someone its legal. If you get caught in someone elses garden...
 #121 
Old 2005-07-03, 21:00
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Thanks for contributing to the over-posted, barrage of obvious advice... There are about three of those kinds of posts every fuckin' page. If you are into page 5 of Night Ops V the third and you don't know that basic shit, blow your brains out. And as for Mr. Obvious poster, heed to my advice given above or actually post something useful. If I met some shit on a NO with just a black t-shirt and black pants, I would wage such a constant overwhelming physcological hell on him it would cake his brains against the sidewalk.
Thanks,
ResdogMrwhite
"we own the night"
 #122 
Old 2005-07-03, 23:06
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

If the police come along to a place (say a shop) and the alarm is going off but there is no sign of a forced entry, what do they do?
Just keep on strolling?
Would it be worth putting up false anti-capitalist posters or similar, to make it look like protestors had set off the alarms.
The reason I ask is that this one place is pretty high tech and even if I go in through the roof, the motion sensors will almost certainly get me, and EVERYTHING is wired.
 #123 
Old 2005-07-04, 00:38
Captain Kaboom Captain Kaboom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by elewton:
If the police come along to a place (say a shop) and the alarm is going off but there is no sign of a forced entry, what do they do?
Just keep on strolling?
Would it be worth putting up false anti-capitalist posters or similar, to make it look like protestors had set off the alarms.
The reason I ask is that this one place is pretty high tech and even if I go in through the roof, the motion sensors will almost certainly get me, and EVERYTHING is wired. They'll notify the owners, more than likely. Then they'll look around deeper to make sure no one made the alarm a diversion to sneak in.
 #124 
Old 2005-07-04, 02:34
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

learn how to bypass the alarms. contact optionryder, he knows what hes doing but dont ask him bullshit questions n its better if you make it specific.
 #125 
Old 2005-07-04, 02:37
Ezzi Ezzi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

make the alarms go off for a few days make sure it looks like the alarms are fulty keep on making them go off every day then maybe a week after they will turn them off and they will change them or try and fix them them make sure u scope the place every day
 #126 
Old 2005-07-04, 02:40
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm afraid of learning how to bypass alarms. The only way I figure you can learn, is to do it, and I can't run fast. lmao Luckily most of the places around here don't have alarms. Anyone know anything you can pick a lock with, besides lock picks? I won't be able to get lock picks for quite a while.
 #127 
Old 2005-07-04, 03:17
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
I'm afraid of learning how to bypass alarms. The only way I figure you can learn, is to do it, and I can't run fast. lmao Luckily most of the places around here don't have alarms. Anyone know anything you can pick a lock with, besides lock picks? I won't be able to get lock picks for quite a while. Make you own. That's what I did.
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline Regular
Tennessee Default How would I go about doing that? Sanity0verRated
 #128 
Old 2005-07-04, 05:15
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

http://rootybox.sytes.net/movie/Making_Picks_1.wmv
;\
 #129 
Old 2005-07-04, 07:35
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sleena:
Last Op:

and started to consume some marijuana to regain some energy.

Sleena... Ok, unless Marijuana is a nickname for some energy food or something (which i doubt and is stupid), WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BRING THAT WITH YOU ON AN OP!?

It messes up your judgement, and no matter how careful you are on an Op, you might get caught. Marijuana is just one more thing theyll charge you with.

God, if you need energy, bring NoDoz or Redbull. not marijuana.
 #130 
Old 2005-07-04, 16:28
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Screwdrivers (flatheads) are great. One time i used it to trailer and yielded myself some candy. you can also(on away from the frame which will allow it to move.
 #131 
Old 2005-07-04, 17:35
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Only use the recommended dosage for Red Bull, that shit I hear fucks you up if you 'overdose'
 #132 
Old 2005-07-04, 18:22
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Thank ya. My first op, I told my friend(big pothead...took him against better judgement, other friend big pothead too, but smarter) I said "No smoking weed you dumbass", so of course he pulled out a blunt on the way home from the op( an op where we set of an alarm, we weren't even a block away when he started smokinh...) He is never going to go on an op with me again. Ever. I am the official leader of our group(although sometimes contested by my best friend, but he atleast listens when he needs to) Since I'm the leader, they all agreed to do what I said on ops, no matter how dumb they thought it was. But he wouldn't listen to anything..I need more guys too. I only have 2 now. (we don't usually op as a group though, I need a team for different things...) I wish I knew a way to find people...damn...AND, I'm the only one with any op gear...I need a balaclava though, all my other gear is brand new, and I have a shitty cotton ski-mask. I don't get to do many ops either because I have an uncle with a night job in front of my house, a fence on the left(if I could climb it, it would be into a neigbors yard, thats out) and an uncle on the right,

who is up all night partying, or making sure his friend doesn't party to hard. My op gear is: 8' Forced Entry Tactical Boots(SWAT boots),Black BDU pants and top, Black coolmax shirt, and some tactical paintball gloves(they aren't that bad either), and the shitty ski-mask. I have dark blue flashlight with red lens, black packpack, or OD green backpack and LBE(I have alot of surplus military stuff) I have a solid black KA-BAR, a smaller black knife, head lamp(need a red lense). I can't think of everything right now, I'll post pictures soon. Since I'm still new to night ops, I don't have all my gear yet. I want some padded socks, and a good balaclava. Any other suggestions would be great, I know alot of you are full of BS, but alot of you also seem to know what you are doing. Oh yeah, I also have a black military issue trenchcoat for when I feel like opping Blade style yo.(joke, I wouldn't wear a trenchcoat for ops..) My other problem with getting out for night ops, I live in the hood. Shootings, gang fights, shit like that. (I'm also underage, not allowed out much after dark) So cops are everywhere. No real way to stay hidden, and it is very conspicuous to be walking around in full op gear...Finally, Is there anyway to make lockpicks without tools like that?
 #133 
Old 2005-07-04, 19:04
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Use a file and a vise..
 #134 
Old 2005-07-04, 19:30
davetolomy davetolomy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm going cross country back door gardens tonight. My house is in a row of like 30. Thing is though gardens are scarier to explore then buildings or the streets because you never know if theres someone out there or a dog waiting.
I look over the fence but its still hard to see everything in the dark.
If anything exciting happens I'll fill you all in tommorow.
 #135 
Old 2005-07-05, 00:20
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I've just been using my torch straight up. I can't say I've been suffering, but would like a red filter.
Do you guys just use wrappers from sweets or coloured in cling film? Or did you buy filters specially?
 #136 
Old 2005-07-05, 01:01
Sleena Sleena is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sleena:
Last Op:
and started to consume some marijuana to regain some energy.
Sleena... Ok, unless Marijuana is a nickname for some energy food or something (which i doubt and is stupid), WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BRING THAT WITH YOU ON AN OP!?
It messes up your judgement, and no matter how careful you are on an Op, you might get caught. Marijuana is just one more thing theyll charge you with.
God, if you need energy, bring NoDoz or Redbull. not marijuana.
...

1) Had you read attentively, the op was OVER during consumation.

2) Had you read the description of my gear, I carry with me a 1ltr cap. USMC water bottle, usually with Red Bull in it ( that shit IS expensive though: CAN$3.50 where I live oO )

There, thanks anyways,

Sleena...

Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline

Default Is there any way to walk quietley over dried Narukagami Warrior
 #137 
Old 2005-07-05, 01:24
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Moisten them? (Kidding, although it might be possible sometimes).

Seriously though, this is one of those "think outside the box" moments. If the leaves are really dry, walking across them will crush them and make noise. This is unavoidable.

You can do it achingly slowly so that the noise is not recognisable as footsteps.
After that, you will have to find another way.
Give more details for suggestions.
 #138 
Old 2005-07-05, 02:24
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

SanityOverRated, if you want a baclava, buy one, don't make one. If you do, it will most likely turn out to be shit. I made my own in an attempt to save money, and it is unbeliveably irritating.
About the leaves...
They suck. Avoid them if at all possible. The technique I use is to take quick, light, and long steps to minimize the noise. You make the same amount of noise if you put your foot down gradually as if you put it down quickly, so it really doesn't make a difference which way you do it. However, if somebody hears a rapid sound, they are more likely to think it's an animal or think that they're imagining things. Again, though, if it's possible to bypass the leaves, do so.
 #139 
Old 2005-07-05, 04:54
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i know exactly when you consumed it.
The Op isnt over until you get home. I hope you get caught.
 #140 
Old 2005-07-05, 07:11
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I didn't mean make one, lol. I ordered one, but it got lost, so I have to order a new one. If somebody could make me a list of all their op gear(specifics, not just what it is, like brand and stuff) that would help me alot. I also need more lock picking,alarm,general op, files if you have any that might be helpful. For the leaf thing, if it is in residential area, then offer to rake yards for cheap...my only idea...
 #141 
Old 2005-07-05, 11:53
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Human footsteps are pretty distinctive. I find it unlikely that you will be able to imitate an animal unless you live somewhere with pretty damn big animals.
Although walking slowly makes the same noise, it spreads it out. If you put your foot on the leaves (in spaces, if there are any) and then slowly shift your weight, it's pretty hard to tell that from background noise.
I'm not a ninja or anything, though. Maybe moving fast is a better idea.
As for gear. At the moment, mine is pretty dismal. The only really good things I have is a North face Spire 38 bag which I have modified with ALICE packs and a Blackhawk riggers/utility belt which can be used as a harness (this was sore at first, but you get used to it pretty fast.)
I'm wearing CAT boots and formerly black trousers, which are more a charcoal now. Also, a black jacket, balaclava and tough black gloves with a thinner backup pair.
Gear is specific to op, and I usually carry to much. I strap it as tightly as possible togther to avoid making noise.
It must be said that I am relatively new, and am just finding my way in this world.
 #142 
Old 2005-07-05, 16:53
electronicgeek electronicgeek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I saw several people recomending earth.google.com world wind by nasa is much better... and it is by the gov. http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/
I like it much better
 #143 
Old 2005-07-05, 17:05
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Same here, elewton. I need to get more practice in.
My theory is that if you cross the leaves fast, you get past them quicker. This would work fine if the patch of leaves is relatively small, but I bet your method would work better for larger areas. Also, if you don't need absolute silence, rapid leaf-crossing can be worth the risk if, say, you need

to evacuate the area quickly. You get what I'm saying. Adapt to the moment, to the terrain, etc...
SOR, where did you buy your baclava? I'm in desperate need of a face covering that's cool.
On a different note, how do people here recruit team members? I'm thinking of introducing somebody to night opping. I've been his friend for some time now, and he has shown some very good qualities. The only thing I'm unsure about is his reaction to Opping, so I'm going to test the waters by showing him some of the old Night Ops 1 thread. "Look at this I found on the internet! It sounds really fun!" I'll base his fitness for Opping upon his reaction. Yes, I realize that it's easier to Op alone, but it makes it so much more enjoyable (for me, anyways) with a team of two.
Why don't we get off the weed issue? I remember that it was people sharing Opping experiences, tips, plans, and links that brought me to Night Opping. What are potential Oppers going to think if the whole thread is quibbling over some guy that smoked pot?
 #144 
Old 2005-07-05, 17:12
the_V_dude the_V_dude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

That was posted when there was 5 pages, not 3.
 #145 
Old 2005-07-05, 17:31
thats just not cricket thats just not cricket is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm going on my first night op, but I don't know what to do http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif suggestions?
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline Regular
Tennessee Default Learn more about night ops. I was freaked out when I saw this back to pg3, I thought I new Night Ops V was started... Sanity0verRated
 #146 
Old 2005-07-06, 04:41
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

How the fuck do you pry up locked windows with a flathead srewdriver. I tried it n it didnt work at

all so i dont know what im doing wrong.
 #147 
Old 2005-07-06, 05:00
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

...WTF?
 #148 
Old 2005-07-06, 05:12
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
Learn more about night ops. I was freaked out when I saw this back to pg3, I thought I new Night Ops V was started... hhahahaha me too. I was really mad and then i remembered the "50 replys" thread in SG.
As for the new guy, read the archived NO threads. Good advice, thats what got me started (back in january).
 #149 
Old 2005-07-06, 06:02
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Anyone have any ideas for my opping in the ghetto? I was thinking, walk further away with my gear in a backpack and normal clothes, walk far enough away so there would be places to hide and shit, then put on my op gear....input would be great. Also, if some of you could give me a list of your gear, that'd be awesome. You can e-mail me at Sanity0verRated@gmail.com or AIM at TheDivineUnholy, or MSN at Sanity0verRated. For general op chat...
[This message has been edited by Sanity0verRated (edited 07-06-2005).]
 #150 
Old 2005-07-06, 07:17
The Man Who Laughed The Man Who Laughed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sorry for repeating (if indeed I am repeating because I couldn't find any post which matches this one,) but have you considered to use those drops the eye doctor gives to make your pupils dialate for low-light night ops? Surely others mustv'e had this idea...
 #151 
Old 2005-07-06, 07:33
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think your eyes would probably do it enough naturally if you if you needed night vision immediatly, that should work great. though, they don't work on everyone.
 #152 
Old 2005-07-06, 07:57
The Man Who Laughed The Man Who Laughed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Oh it works, in fact it seems to make your pupils dialate further than they normally would. The best (or worst) thing about it is that naturally you eyes will adjust for light... which can be good but some people have several seconds or minutes of light blindess while their eyes re-sdjust. With the chemical the eyes don't need (rather GET) to adjust; truly a double-edged sword.
 #153 
Old 2005-07-06, 20:37
davetolomy davetolomy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I went on a night op last night.

I was exploring some random back garden. It had one of those wooden back doors which open when you push the lever down. Anyway I walked around the garden, nothing much there. I tried the shed but it was locked. I was about to go over the fence into the next garden when the conserventory light went on. I looked and saw a women in a nightie walking in. I did the best thing I could think of and laid flat on the grass. The women opened the door of the conserventory door and walked into the garden. I was shit scared. Then she stopped and called out "Sally, Sally?" I thought she'd gone nuts and then a cat ran up to her. They both went back inside. I waited till she turned the light off and went inside the house. This was 1.00am in the morning? Why the hell

would you get up to call your cat at 1.00am?
Anyway this shook me up a bit so I went home.
I might go out again tonight.
 #154 
Old 2005-07-06, 22:13
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Here you go, Cricket:
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Archives/Ar...-7-004673.html
Read Psychlonic's guide as well.
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline Regular
Tennessee Default Are home windows and car windows made out of the same type of glass? Because if they would react the same way to breaking, I have a perfect place to practice breaking car windows.
[This message has been edited by Sanity0verRated (edited 07-06-2005).] Sanity0verRated
 #155 
Old 2005-07-07, 01:51
wooty wooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The concept of night opping is generally flawed, the idea of trespassing, violating one's ownership of their property, that's just wrong on so many levels. You attempt to justify yourselves by using the veil that you're doing it for knowledge. What knowledge? What kind of garden your neighbor has? You're all fucking morons. And if you steal, that just means you're poor and too stupid to do anything productive. If you're going to do something illegal, aim higher and not just doing petty theft.
I'm afraid I don't have a witty "ending" comment to fit in here.
 #156 
Old 2005-07-07, 02:03
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ehhh, although I agree w/ the whole robbery thing... wooty, you are not a charming person. Go away, murder/suicide would be divine too.
ResdogMrwhite
"100% in support of the self-inflicted maiming or death of wooty"
 #157 
Old 2005-07-07, 03:12
wooty wooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

"100% in support of the self-inflicted maiming or death of wooty"
Yeah, indirect insults rock don't they? You sure put a lot of effort into your posts, signing every single one, and adding a different quote. I think that means you're a moron.
Quoting your first post in this thread... "We own the night."
What kind of retarded 13-year-old wannabe-ninja bullshit is that?
"4. Night Operations is the only thing standing between you and the chance of becoming another knuckle-fucking suburban rich shit."
Knuckle-fucking? You suck at this. Oh, and commenting on the said state of affairs these days and using words like "suburban" and commenting on how "bad" America is is so passe. That was cool a few years ago, dumbass. Go write some emo bullshit that talks about conformity and how you're different.
 #158 
Old 2005-07-07, 03:26
bluefox bluefox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

listen wooty, this is the night ops thread, what your doing is trolling. if you have a beef with nightoping, create a new thread so we dont have to deal with it in the legit NOing thread.
 #159 
Old 2005-07-07, 03:54
wooty wooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Mehhhh... pissy pissy.
 #160 
Old 2005-07-07, 04:16
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hold on, don't chase him off yet... were, and I wanted a cited example did I ever make a statement about "How bad america is?" I am not an anarchist by any stretch of the mind, I am a 17 year old SUBURBAN (being my area of residence) kid, upper middle class and I am simply discontent with my surroundings, I laughed when you called me emo. As far as "We own the night" It was a play off of the the old vietnam phrase coming from US troops... "The VC own the night" and in any NOing situation, the primary objective is to remain unseen as the VC did very well while fighting french and american troops, so as far as the quote goes, you blew it out of preportion. If your only defense is to pick apart MY qoutes that pre-empted your presence on the board then... I believe it is you that needs to grow out of the 13 year old mentallity.
ResdogMrwhite
"Totally 100% for putting a quote under my signature to piss off trolls like wooty"
 #161 
Old 2005-07-07, 04:55
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

ResdogMrwhite, troll hunter. You live in a sub-division? If you do, do they not have cameras that see you going out on ops?
 #162 
Old 2005-07-07, 04:55
wooty wooty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yeah? Well night opping sucks and it doesn't smell good!
Homo!
 #163 
Old 2005-07-07, 04:57
bluefox bluefox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

pissy pissy?
jesus, I was being civilized to you and asked you to take your trolling elsewhere, and you come back with something fucking retarted that doesnt make any sense?
fuck you.
wooty wooty is offline Regular
Default Meh. wooty
 #164 
Old 2005-07-07, 06:10
Zer0 Cool Zer0 Cool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ResdogMrwhite:
Hold on, don't chase him off yet... were, and I wanted a cited example did I ever make a statement about "How bad america is?" I am not an anarchist by any stretch of the mind, I am a 17 year old SUBURBAN (being my area of residence) kid, upper middle class and I am simply discontent with my surroundings, I laughed when you called me emo. As far as "We own the night" It was a play off of the the old vietnam phrase coming from US troops... "The VC own the night" and in any NOing situation, the primary objective is to remain unseen as the VC did very well while fighting french and american troops, so as far as the quote goes, you blew it out of preportion. If your only defense is to pick apart MY qoutes that pre-empted your presence on the board then... I believe it is you that needs to grow out of the 13 year old mentallity.
ResdogMrwhite
"Totally 100% for putting a quote under my signature to piss off trolls like wooty" however my 13 year old mentality will pick apart your claim of being 17, earlier this month you posted saying you recently turned 18.
however i don't wanna start a flame war i just wanted to - errr i dunno.
However, back to night ops i still havent done one because of the weather (pissing down nonstop) and too tired.i've been mainly thinking of hits and raising funds by other means.
Cheers Zer0 Cool
The above and below are entirely hypothetic and fictious. It is all a dream
PS - Wooty, you should make a thread about NO in half baked, i bet you'll get alot of nerds on there with no friends who wanna dis some thieves - or how about go up to your local 'ghetto' or

'hood' or maybe the prison and bitch to them about thievery to them FACE to FACE, EYE to EYE. I'm sure you'll get a friendly rebuttle back to that statement.
Again - Cheers Zer0 Cool
Edit:what happened about page 4 $ 5?
[This message has been edited by Zer0 Cool (edited 07-07-2005).]
 #165 
Old 2005-07-07, 11:47
master5570 master5570 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ah, NO, how I love you!
Hmm, excuse me for being a bit out of the loop (I haven't posted here for nearly a year), but is this still a thread for sharing stories and asking for advice concerning ehum*hypothetical "night ops"? In hopes that this is the case, I'm wondering if anyone would like to recommend their... err, their friend's single favorite piece of equipment. SWIM is a little spooked after a recent run-in with our country's lovely officers of the law and imagines that a new toy or two might help SWIM ease back into the higher adrenaline fold of NO.
Again, sorry if this is out of place.
 #166 
Old 2005-07-07, 17:03
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Busted! ohhh well, who of us hasn't lied about our age once or twice in diff. situations? Much appreciated for the restraint on the flame war though.
True age = 17
May 5th 1988
ResdogMrwhite
"Totally 100% against flame wars at 11 AM."
 #167 
Old 2005-07-08, 03:42
The Man Who Laughed The Man Who Laughed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
Are home windows and car windows made out of the same type of glass? Because if they would react the same way to breaking, I have a perfect place to practice breaking car windows.
No, car windows have a laminate over them to minimize the harmful effects of shattering.
 #168 
Old 2005-07-08, 04:20
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think they would react the same way to a well-thrown rock. The only difference I can guess is that house windows generally have two panes of glass. If you need to practice, cars could be a good place (especially if you don't like the person whose car you're practicing on).
 #169 
Old 2005-07-08, 04:23
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The cars I have access to are pretty much like in a junk yard.
 #170 
Old 2005-07-08, 08:15
Stop Stop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

SWIM has decided to start night-opping. He has considered this for a long time, but the idea fascinates him very much as to now. He needs a list of the most common Night-Ops tools. Here is what he already has:
~|~Applegate Fairbairn Mini Covert knife (Gerber)
~|~Mini recipricating saw blade, half covered in electrical tape, so it has a handle
~|~Camo overalls

~|~LED Flashlight with red lense
~|~Sidekick Stock paintball pistol
~|~Black Duct tape
~|~Hacksaw blade lock-picks (to be made tomorrow now that SWIM has a dremel)
~|~Zippo Lighter with firecrackers galore
~|~Gerber Multi-Tool
This is about all SWIM has ready as of now. Any more ideas?
 #171 
Old 2005-07-08, 08:30
Freelance Tax Collector Freelance Tax Collector is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Stop:
SWIM has decided to start night-opping. He has considered this for a long time, but the idea fascinates him very much as to now. He needs a list of the most common Night-Ops tools. Here is what he already has:
~|~Applegate Fairbairn Mini Covert knife (Gerber)
~|~Mini recipricating saw blade, half covered in electrical tape, so it has a handle
~|~Camo overalls
~|~LED Flashlight with red lense
~|~Sidekick Stock paintball pistol
~|~Black Duct tape
~|~Hacksaw blade lock-picks (to be made tomorrow now that SWIM has a dremel)
~|~Zippo Lighter with firecrackers galore
~|~Gerber Multi-Tool
This is about all SWIM has ready as of now. Any more ideas?
Yes. Condoms.
 #172 
Old 2005-07-08, 09:07
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

None of my lights had red lenses, so I had an idea. I'm sure most of you have used firecrackers. They usually come wrapped in a red paper. I put this on my flashlights and now have cheap, red filters.
EDIT: Is that more DIY than NO?
[This message has been edited by Sanity0verRated (edited 07-08-2005).]
Sioux Sioux is offline
Default What I did was cut a small circle out of a tupperware container with a red lid. It worked perfectly. Sioux
 #173 
Old 2005-07-08, 18:30
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Mine is even more ghetto. I cut a circle out of a pringles can lid and colored it red with a sharpie. Surprisingly enough, it works extremely well.
For that matter, you could just color a piece of clear tape and cover the light. You really don't need any fancy attachments.
SOR- I'd say go for it. Let us know what you learn.
 #174 
Old 2005-07-08, 19:14
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The only problem with using paper, is it has to be behind the lense, but it seems to work pretty good, so far. I'm probably going on an op soon, I might practice my window breakin on those cars.
 #175 
Old 2005-07-09, 01:26
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by wooty:
Yeah? Well night opping sucks and it doesn't smell good!
Homo!
Wooty, why even bother coming in this thread? No shit we like to go on night ops, thats the whole point of this thread, what is so hard to understand about that? Do you think anyone on here cares if you think night opping is stupid? Most people think that night opping is stupid, if they didnt this thread would be a little bit bigger don't you think?
 #176 
Old 2005-07-09, 04:14
c2 c2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by master5570:
Ah, NO, how I love you!
Hmm, excuse me for being a bit out of the loop (I haven't posted here for nearly a year), but is this still a thread for sharing stories and asking for advice concerning ehum*hypothetical "night ops"? In hopes that this is the case, I'm wondering if anyone would like to recommend their... err, their friend's single favorite piece of equipment. SWIM is a little spooked after a recent run-in with our country's lovely officers of the law and imagines that a new toy or two might help SWIM ease back into the higher adrenaline fold of NO.
Again, sorry if this is out of place.
My friends single most important, and most favorite tools were these two things.
Knowledge of the Area of operation. If you are going to have some shit go down, know the field. It WILL come in handy as in probably sooner than later, you'll run into someone with a gun. I know a guy who almost got shot that way.
Camo. If they can't see you, they can't catch you. Simple as that.
Edit: Stop, I would not suggest bringing something resembling a gun on your first NO's. Learn the basics first because you have a higher chance of being seen when you're first learning, and you don't want people calling the cops. Yet alone calling them reporting a prowler with a gun.
Also, wooty, if you dispise what the people in here do, and view yourself (by your posting it is

appearent that you do) why do you bother? No one here will want to listen to you, or even give your point a chance to get through. Fell free to call everyone an idiot or so, but it's like walking into the ghetto with a klan uniform on. If you don't like this thread or forum, no one is holding you here, no one really wants to acknowledge your points (while they are valid, not very many will admit it) or even give them much thought. You have to have been into NO to get NO. It's almost a state of mind. It's a very addicting thing, and people willingly die for their addictions.
Get off the soap box. No one is listening.
[This message has been edited by c2 (edited 07-09-2005).]
 #177 
Old 2005-07-09, 05:54
alone_in_the_dark alone_in_the_dark is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

arr wow its been a while since a posted here
first off wooty, stop being a troll, no one likes it. Remember everyone, if you ignore the trolls eventually they will go away
and i am looking for a certain text i remember seeing here. I believe it is called "The Way Of the Shadow" anyone know where i can download a copy?
 #178 
Old 2005-07-09, 06:57
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I can e-mail it to you, I have v.1 and v.2. Just give me your e-mail, or e-mail me, sanity0verrated@gmail.com
 #179 
Old 2005-07-09, 07:12
Shadow Wolf Shadow Wolf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

As far as tools go im not sure i can give u much help . for a flash light i took a black pocket size flash light and colored the lense with a red high lighter ans its actually very good for reading text without giveing away ur position but u cant really use it for any thin else.
 #180 
Old 2005-07-09, 10:07
Toxyn Toxyn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by squeegee:
I actually found something in my city worth looking at. There is an abandoned movie theatre not a mile from my house. If I could get in and find a source of power, I could initiate a grow op or something http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif I just gotta find a way in. Fire exits are usually good, just check around the back of the building....
 #181 
Old 2005-07-09, 11:09
Toxyn Toxyn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Stop:
SWIM has decided to start night-opping. He has considered this for a long time, but the idea fascinates him very much as to now. He needs a list of the most common Night-Ops tools. Here is what he already has:
~|~Applegate Fairbairn Mini Covert knife (Gerber)
~|~Mini recipricating saw blade, half covered in electrical tape, so it has a handle
~|~Camo overalls
~|~LED Flashlight with red lense
~|~Sidekick Stock paintball pistol
~|~Black Duct tape
~|~Hacksaw blade lock-picks (to be made tomorrow now that SWIM has a dremel)
~|~Zippo Lighter with firecrackers galore
~|~Gerber Multi-Tool
This is about all SWIM has ready as of now. Any more ideas? Try loosing the firecrackers, they dont really help that much anyway.....
Toxyn.
Shadow Wolf Shadow Wolf is offline

Default I know some ppl dont take weapons on NOs but i would pepper spray or mace isnt good cause ppl can get used but clearing the head. Shadow Wolf
 #182 
Old 2005-07-09, 17:17
navyseals101 navyseals101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

No one can get used to mace, mace is more effecetive than a taser unless you get like a 900,000 volt stun batto (Ebay)

I have both mace and a 150,000 volt stun gun. Whenever you get hit with mace you will rub your eyes and then it will burn twice as much.

Your not going to gain an acquired immunity to mace, I guess your saying if your sprayed in the eyes repeadidly then youll become immune? Cops get sprayed with mace so they no what its like, Marines get tear gas to no what its like, Its not a danm immuniztion cycle
 #183 
Old 2005-07-09, 17:44
Shadow Wolf Shadow Wolf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by navyseals101:

No one can get used to mace, mace is more effecetive than a taser unless you get like a 900,000 volt stun batto (Ebay)

I have both mace and a 150,000 volt stun gun. Whenever you get hit with mace you will rub your eyes and then it will burn twice as much.

Your not going to gain an acquired immunity to mace, I guess your saying if your sprayed in the eyes repeadidly then youll become immune? Cops get sprayed with mace so they no what its like, Marines get tear gas to no what its like, Its not a danm immuniztion cycle Sry i meant pepper spray not mace its more of a watered down version. and i dont mean an immunity but u can get used to it and can just bare thru the pain and continue on. Sry for the mixup.
 #184 
Old 2005-07-09, 19:18
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Can't go wrong with mace and a powerful tazer. Just don't get one like the police use. Their "nonfatal" one that kills people...Does nobody have anything that could help me get out and do ops? My house, on the corner, in front is m uncle who works nights, so the others that live there, are always up. On my left, a privacy fence, and a friend of my mom, right, an uncle who is up all night partying. I'm also in the ghetto. So alot of black people(no offence to black people) are out drunk, or high, probably with guns. There also aren't many places to sneak around.
 #185 
Old 2005-07-10, 02:29
Nocturnal Variant Nocturnal Variant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by alone_in_the_dark:
...and i am looking for a certain text i remember seeing here. I believe it is called "The Way Of the Shadow" anyone know where i can download a copy? Here
 #186 
Old 2005-07-11, 04:27
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I have this carzy ass farmer that lives down the road from my place, and this son of a bitch is a total asshole he complains and calls the cops on peole for shit like riding 4-wheelers on the side of the road and we call him MOLEHEAD cause he's got moles all over his face. anyway this guy thinks he runs the hole damn town and his farm and equipment is right down the road from my house i have got a group of people ready to go fuck his shit up and i have a escpae route planned but does anybody have any idea's of what i can do to his stuff (e.x. Paintballing, Flipping his trucks, tagging or anything really phycotic)
P.S the group of people i have put together is a local anrchist/Night Ops group "flying monkeys" and yes i started it!
Check our webpage: Http://monkeyleader.proboards37.com/
[This message has been edited by Flying Monkeys (edited 07-11-2005).]
 #187 
Old 2005-07-11, 08:17
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ha I have just found this: I've been doing some stuff for about 2 years.
Here's what I usually take on a NO:
-4" switch blade
Every one who wants to do a night op should have some sort of knife.
-Dark blue track pants and a dark green shirt
The places I got generally don't fit black and green and blue is great for shadows/grass
-Latex/Cotton gloves
Better grip, leaves no evidence.
-Small high powered torch with self made filter(red and green)
Obvious, the filters were made from cellophane(?) and a plastic pipe(small) that fits nicely around the torch.
-Custom stealth slippers
The padding on the bottom absorbs most of the sound. I have inserted an extra inner sole for support and added laces for a tighter fit
That's my light gear: I have only chosen items which I have deemed needed, firecrackers ain't gonna help you completing your objective unless your out to blow something up/scare someone which I think is not the meaning of "night op"
If I ever got red handed I can just deny everything as I have nothing illegal visible(what would you think if you saw this guy with full camo and NVG on?)
I'm only a student and 700$ for NVG is ludicrous and
"in the field you get what your given" so that is the reasoning.
What kind of knives do you think are good?
I have a slip knife because I can conceal the blade and hold it in a small place eg pocket.
Anyother gear that could benefit my light NOing?
Cheers, C.
 #188 
Old 2005-07-11, 11:02
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Multitool (I have a Leatherman XTi).
Optics (if you are into that). I just stole a good quality 8x22 scope which is tiny, but I have to keep it in a plactic bag. I wish I had a waterproof one.
Rope and gear, if that's your thing.
 #189 
Old 2005-07-11, 23:46
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Switch blade? WTF?! Why? Those things are shit for ops, and for knives in general.
 #190 
Old 2005-07-12, 00:13
Lynk Lynk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Flying monkeys
...RUN HIS FUCKING BARN INTO THE GROUND!
Use his own equipment to tip cows, break ever shed ever barn even his own home and get the fuck out of there.
Equipment need :
Balls
Team
Ability to drive a big shit scraper(drunk or not)
legs (haul ass)
night (that goes with out saying)
and maybe a car (Get the fuck out of there)
If you live in the U.S. make it bad enough that they will show it all over the states. I want to see this happen.
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline

Burgaw North Carolina USA Default Lynk, Great idea i know how to drive large equipment since i grew up on farms and live on one now but i think driving that stuff around would really wake the guy up and this mother fucker has a bunch of guns and shit (dont all rednecks?) anyway does anyone have any idea or tips on how i can really piss the old fart off!
P.S. Yes I do live in the USA i live in north carolina Flying Monkeys
 #191 
Old 2005-07-12, 03:22
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Switch blades are not all crap.
The one I have looks kind of like this
It's full black, has a sharp blade, can be concealed very easily which is exactly what I need.
Although I've seen a bigger knife which would be great for cutting larger things.. (like when I got my arm stuck in a tree I almost got caught)
Anyway what kind of knife do you usually bring along?
 #192 
Old 2005-07-12, 03:27
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Has anyone here ever done any n.o in the rain? Fairly heavy rain at that? I never have but it seems like it could be a very good opportunity- less chance of running into people walking, harder to be seen, your sounds wouldn't travel as far- just would have to be careful about not leaving mud foot prints and what not. Anyway whats your opinion?
Tootles,
Pshycho Fraud
 #193 
Old 2005-07-12, 04:28
Telekhamos Telekhamos is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The other day My Friend Jimmy and I got the idea to duct-tape an old plastic winter sled to his

old-school skateboard and also his new longboard -- thus -- STREET LOUGE!
So for most of the day we went up and down either his street or mine. We wanted to go down the huge street that connects our streets however it is heavily traveled and us going up against any sort of car would be ... bad.
so last NIGHT at about 10:30 we street louged down this huge street w/ many hills with only a flashlight and our other friend spotting on his bike. ON our second run we went lightless for a while
It's a pretty intense feeling just FLYING through the darkness without really knowing which way your going.
So---not really the typical night-ops post but-whatev.
We may post videos later.
 #194 
Old 2005-07-12, 05:17
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I've never seen a switchblade worthy of an op. I hate folding knives for ops anyway,(except as a second or third knife) But I would recomend getting a better knife...I use a KA-BAR usually, and a smaller hunting/boot knife. Anyone use black face paint/charcoal/other black substance that can be put on face, to conceal skin color? I'm thinking about trying it. I've also been thinking about using red lense goggles, with a (small)flashlight taped inside, and a hole cut out of the side to turn on/off. Would that work? Would/could it mess up your vision?
 #195 
Old 2005-07-12, 06:34
BOMBS_AWAY BOMBS_AWAY is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm planning my first night op, I plan to make a bottle salute and put it on a time delay (ciggarette) I plan to plant it in the back yard of one of my neighbors next to his window at 3am to really wake this cunt up, I also plan on planting a brick of firecrackers and some whistlers.
This bitch would call the cops on people for anything, one time I told her to fuck off and she called the cops, so this is well deserved.
I will post back tomight after it's done http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
 #196 
Old 2005-07-12, 08:00
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Really ya'll i think a switch blade should only be use to either defend yourself or to cut wires in fuse boxes or electricity (since its night they wont know until morning right?)personally i like to use your typical paintball gun for personal protection i use a tippman 98 custom with a pellet rifle stock scope and 14 inch barrel with pvc silencer but if im just running in i use a 12 inch barrel or i use my viewloader triad all semi auto of course (semi aouto is alot more expensive but it pays off in the long run i mean who has the time to pump that cheap shit talons and the C02 runs out too fast) so switchblades arent really that important!
Stay cool...
 #197 
Old 2005-07-12, 08:44
master5570 master5570 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm really on the fence about knives or weapons of any sort. I was arrested outside of a construction site about 3 months ago, and I had a gun pulled on me (found that out later) and was immediately cuffed and patted down; I really doubt that any weapons would have remained hidden. On the other hand, it is much more fun/secure feeling when you have a weapon of some sort.
I think that it comes down to how much you actually need defense and how much damage you would be willing/need to do. The penalty for being caught is fairly serious, but I would imagine that things could get much more intense if you had/used a weapon.
 #198 
Old 2005-07-12, 08:55
Klavier Klavier is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm going on a revenge op in about 30 minutes. I'm going to shit on the hood of the car of the fucker who grabbed my girlfriend's ass. Wish me luck.
 #199 
Old 2005-07-12, 09:23
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My usual NO don't include killing people http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif, all I need it for is self

defence
(Everyone in my neighbour hood carries weapons.) and getting out of trouble.
But I will be getting a bigger one(I'm going take up hunting/camping) And for heavy duty missions.
BOMBS_AWAY BOMBS_AWAY is offline
Long Beach California United States Default ok, I was going to wait 'till 3am but couldn't wait, I went out and lit the largest bottle salute I ever made, I chose to go for the big time and made a bottle salute out of a sparklets bottle, it had over a pound of powder in it and could be herd for at least 3 blocks, it set off 8 car alarmsand I just saw 4 cop cars go by luckilly my prints aren't on file and nobody saw me as I sat in my room and listened to it explode, I see what the whole rush is about -updates when i have them BOMBS_AWAY
 #200 
Old 2005-07-12, 10:36
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Where did you put it? 8 car alarmss....?
 #201 
Old 2005-07-12, 11:21
mattboy207 mattboy207 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I am only 15 and i have been doing night ops for four years.
on saturday me and my buddy are going to the mall where we wil try to get into the cinemas.All i know is that there is a hel l of a lot of cameras and maybe a few guards.
Our gear (each):
pocket knife
torch
biconular
balaclava
radios (3km range)
rope with hooks
We also carry a pack of those little things that make a bang when they hit concrete called poppops. They are a great way to cause a distraction.

My buddy jeremy almost got caught(he was in a different hiding spot)but i threw a pop-pop on the ground about 30 feet away from him. the guard looked away and then we ran!
well i will tell you what happens on our mall raid when i get back on sunday.
 #202 
Old 2005-07-12, 16:51
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I just arrived from my trip. $$$, made new "friends". Good trip good rewards.
 #203 
Old 2005-07-12, 17:04
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The people living at the back of us have recently moved out and their house was sold shortly after. The new owners have been comming in and out, preparing stuff and starting to bring their things in. They are not yet living in the house and it is full of valuable AV and computer equipment. I really don't want to pass up an opertunity like this but I know the house had those fucking annoying PIR alarms (I know because I set them off when I broke in on a previous occasion) and I don't know how to safley get past them. Any suggestions?
 #204 
Old 2005-07-12, 17:54
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Only a dumbass would bring a knife on an op for protection. Are you people fucking morons? Knives are tools. You bring pepper spray, mace, or a tazer for protection. Anything else is to big, or to dangerous. (If there is another small non-lethal device, please let me know) Night Ops is going to shit.
 #205 
Old 2005-07-12, 20:38
Nocturnal Variant Nocturnal Variant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:

Night Ops is going to shit. Yea, seriously.
Bring "pop-pops" on an op? WTF?
Knives are good tools, and good for wild animal attacks possibly, but that's abou tit.
You kill someone, and get caught, your charged with a *little* more than B&E...
You people need to think realistically, and actually get some experience.
Get off your asses, and go out tonight. I'm not telling you to do anything illegal, but go out tonight.
 #206 
Old 2005-07-12, 20:41
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I forgot to even bitch about the pop-pops.. Use a damn rock, plus. You are lying. Unless they are a hell of ALOT, easier to make pop than the ones here in Tennessee, you couldn't throw it 30ft and it still pop. Aint happening. Now can I PLEASE, have some input from somebody actually semi-experienced, in ops?
 #207 
Old 2005-07-12, 20:47
billy billy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

yeah about the bring the knife on night opps, I hope you mean a small pocket knife and not a rambo knife.
I had a friend who used to take a huge kitchen knife out with him.
 #208 
Old 2005-07-12, 20:55
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Kitchen knife is a stupid idea. You need a good big knife you can use as a TOOL. NOT as a WEAPON. Like my KA-BAR, no way in hell I would use that as a weapon.
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline

Atlanta Default People stop bitching about the knives as weapons. A knife is a tool, Nothing else. Why would anyone here even consider it to be a weapon? A knife that an experienced person brings much of the time is most likely too small to be used as a serious weapon. A knife that could be seriously used is way to heavy and large to take with you. Then there is the fact that you have to get into close quarters to use it. I don't know about you but I would prefer to keep my distance in a fight with a person in the dark, especially as you know nothing about your attacker and what experience he has. For all you know he is a navy seal, and if you do actually get him with the knife there is a very good chance of a police crackdown on you. Pepper spray is your best option , in my opinion, as it stops your attacker and doesn't leave permanent damage. Also its light and easy to take with you.
My 2 cents...
Pshycho Fraud
Pshycho Fraud
 #209 
Old 2005-07-12, 22:55
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by BOMBS_AWAY:
ok, I was going to wait 'till 3am but couldn't wait, I went out and lit the largest bottle salute I ever made, I chose to go for the big time and made a bottle salute out of a sparklets bottle, it had over a pound of powder in it and could be herd for at least 3 blocks, it set off 8 car alarmsand I just saw 4 cop cars go by luckilly my prints aren't on file and nobody saw me as I sat in my room and listened to it explode, I see what the whole rush is about -updates when i have them I have yet to scroll down but, you put it by his window. My bet is you killed/injured him. Looks like you're kind of, fucked?
00258, welcome back. So, how was your trip? Care to elaborate? http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by Sioux (edited 07-12-2005).]
 #210 
Old 2005-07-12, 22:58
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Also SanityOverrated, what kind of ops do you do? Do do it for the money or the knowledge or thrill? Have you done this for very long?
 #211 
Old 2005-07-13, 00:03
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sioux:
00258, welcome back. So, how was your trip? Care to elaborate? http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
How are you doing Sioux?
My trip, the beaches were great and so were the women and drinks http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
I don't want to elaborate too much.
Simply put, two teams were organized to obtain a painting for a very special person. The plan went off without a hitch. Friends were made.
Any recent ops Sioux?
 #212 
Old 2005-07-13, 02:34
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

00258: Glad to hear you've had fun on your trip. Congratulations to your job well done. I haven't done anything lately worthy of being titled an operation. I've been spending hours on end sitting at my bench grinder making new picks. It seems every time I get the rake head perfect, I just go to round it a bit and it snaps off. http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
Instead of the crappy little 3" long picks, I've made them 6" overall. I can get a better grip and feel the pins better. I'm going to the US for the next two weeks to see my dad. I might try to do some things there. I'll stop flooding the forum with my life. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by Sioux (edited 07-13-2005).]
 #213 
Old 2005-07-13, 03:11
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Pshycho Fraud:

Also SanityOverrated, what kind of ops do you do? Do do it for the money or the knowledge or thrill? Have you done this for very long? Mostly for knowledge. Somewhat for money, and thrill. I've been doing them for a few months. Alot has to do with my goals in life. Doing ops, in my opinion, will help me reach those goals. (unless I get arrested...) When you op, you need courage, intelligence/wits, stamina/strength, and a few other things, all of which will help with almost any aspect of life. Aside from that knowledge is the second most important, and money and thrill are tied.
 #214 
Old 2005-07-13, 03:26
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sioux, there is nothing like custom made gear. Especially if you made it yourself. Do it to your specifications. Enjoy the time you'll spend with your father.
Sanity, well put, strength, stamina, intelligence, guts and one you missed, a little fear to make the blood sizzle. All essentials in this art called op.
 #215 
Old 2005-07-13, 03:41
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey I know that this doesn't really fit here in this forum but I'm really in need of an answer. I really don't know shit about most tech. Now when My friend has gone on some ops and car shopping in the past he tells me that he has run across a couple cell phones. Now here he isn't sure what to do. He has always left them behind in the past in fear that they could be traced easily. But if you take that chip/card out of the back of the phone will the phone still be able to be traced by the owner and will you receive his phone calls? Please hurry with your answer if possible. My friend needs the advice from me tonight as he plans to go out and he is fairly sure that he will run across one. Thanks
Tootles
Pshycho Fraud
 #216 
Old 2005-07-13, 03:43
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

They can be traced. Or at the least, they can see who you called, and from there find out who you are.
 #217 
Old 2005-07-13, 03:54
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Even if you take out that chip in the back?
Sioux Sioux is offline
Default Take the SIM card out and the phone won't know the number. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
Take it to a dealer and get a new card, then activate it. Free phone? Sioux
 #218 
Old 2005-07-13, 04:38
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I carry a knife for self defence:
that means if a little white ass punk comes up and trys to rob/kill me I'm not screwed
 #219 
Old 2005-07-13, 04:40
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

No, you would still be screwed.
 #220 
Old 2005-07-13, 04:42
Shishananee Shishananee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The biggest NO i've done was getting my ball out of my neighbor's yard without getting caught.

He had one of those fucking poodles...Oh yea, btw that's when I was in first grade...I do plan to do some hardcore shit to the school...
 #221 
Old 2005-07-13, 05:11
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

SanityOverrated,
Why is it that that my friend would be screwed even if he were to take the SIM chip out of the phone?
 #222 
Old 2005-07-13, 05:16
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

nevermind my previous post- I didnt see the knife guys post. My bad.
 #223 
Old 2005-07-13, 05:29
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

wow...what happened to my night ops...back in night ops II when i first found totse night ops were NOTHING of what they were now. thier was little or no stealing, and the sole purpose of running an op was to get that ultimate adrenelin high. does anyone here besides myself adhear to the old standards?
 #224 
Old 2005-07-13, 05:37
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Heelios:
wow...what happened to my night ops...back in night ops II when i first found totse night ops were

NOTHING of what they were now. thier was little or no stealing, and the sole purpose of running an op was to get that ultimate adrenelin high. does anyone here besides myself adhear to the old standards?
Yes i totally agree i think the sole purpose of a night ops is to get a adrenaline high and you should not have to damage anyone's stuff but if i was pissed off at the asshole i was oping i think i would atleast tag his house or something (tag meaning spraypaint for you guys that dont know)
 #225 
Old 2005-07-13, 05:58
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I am doing an op on that old ass farmer i told you guys about well does anybody have anyways i could get back at this fuck head without fucking his shit up i mean like something i wont get thrown in jail for aka egging his house tp or something more than that does anybody have any suggestions (oh yea we've got fireworks)
Please Reply i am doing this op in 2 days so i need some help i have 6 people to help me run this gig so i need some good ideas not like run his fucking barn into the ground
Help!
 #226 
Old 2005-07-13, 06:04
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

flying monkeys, that is not a night op its a bunch or irresponsible teenagers going to fuck with some old guy who yelled at you. how about volenteering to help the old guy out with the work around the farm, i know that my grandpa (who is also a small town farmer) reallw appriciated the help i gave him. grow up
[This message has been edited by Heelios (edited 07-13-2005).]
Weffy Weffy is offline Regular
Default I do night ops for the adrenaline rush, Even though I just started. I'm too puss to stal anything anyways. Weffy
 #227 
Old 2005-07-13, 06:31
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

thats good weffy, what kind of op do you usually run?
 #228 
Old 2005-07-13, 06:46
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Flying Monkeys:
Yes i totally agree i think the sole purpose of a night ops is to get a adrenaline high and you should not have to damage anyone's stuff but if i was pissed off at the asshole i was oping i think i would atleast tag his house or something (tag meaning spraypaint for you guys that dont know) Quote: quote:Originally posted by Flying Monkeys:
I am doing an op on that old ass farmer i told you guys about well does anybody have anyways i could get back at this fuck head
..............
WHOLYSHIT, your not doing an op your being a dumb ass teen.
You just TOTALLY contradicted yourself: the whole point is not to leave evidence, if you are gonna do that shit, don't even call it an NO.
This is the steps I take.
1)Recon,
2)Plan,
3)Get in,
4)Do something,(like get to somewhere or something)
5)Get out: your done.
I really don't care about switch blades, if you hate them so much great: I'll be getting a new one anyway because, I must admit they aren't as sturdy as some others.
But it's what I have for the time being and it has served me well.
 #229 
Old 2005-07-13, 06:59
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

what ws your guys most memorably night op moment? i think mine was the first time i ran from the cops. I jumped a fence (unknowingly setting off a motion sensor, bad recon, i know) and got into a junkyard of sotrts. then a few minuts later i see this car drive slowly up the road toward me. the car stopped and two guys go out of the car and walked over to the fence. i thought it was just some local guys jacking some equipment to go sell it but one of them climbed the fence while the other one stayed outisde the fence. I was hiding about 30' from this first guy so i didnt get a good look at him, then i saw it was a cop. i nearly shit myself when he pulled out his flashlight and the one by the car directed the spotlight (i now saw it was an unmarked car)in my direction. I thought I was pretty well concealed behind a tractor but even BDUs coudlt hid me from that damn light. the one inside the fence started to come toward me and i ran, up and over the fence into the woods. I hid in the woods for about 10 minuts untill i was sure they were gone. I still think its a miracle i didnt piss myslef
 #230 
Old 2005-07-13, 07:39
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Woah man just search KA-BAR. They make some great looking knives, what one do you have/recommend?
 #231 
Old 2005-07-13, 08:29
master5570 master5570 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sorry if it seemed like I was saying that I think a knife makes a good weapon for NO. I guess I was trying to say that when you take anything on a NO, know that if you're caught the cops will almost certainly find it and will think of it in the worst way possible. I think this is obvious, but it seems that a lot of people take knives on NO excursions to use them as tools; if you don't get caught, great, but if you are caught, anything resembling a weapon will probably be seen as such (again this should be obvious). If you need to cut something, bring a razor or a knife you wouldn't mind losing, or at least realize that in the general public's eyes anything will be considered a weapon, and one that was brought with the worst intentions.
I also think it's funny that NO is being treated like a sport with established rules. To me, NO is just going out at night and sneaking around; anything else is neither called for or prohibited. I think debates on the ethics of: stealing, NO for profit, or NO for revenge belong in a thread about just that: ethics.
I go out at night, climb buildings, sometimes enter them, and on occaision take something worth about $5; I like the adrenaline, the feeling of freedom, and the exercise. NO is not generally viewed as a safe or acceptable passtime, and I don't expect that to change. Sorry, I feel like I'm ranting, I just think that some people are failing to think about exactly what they're doing, and how it would look through someone else's eyes; most NOs are illegal in some way and we should all keep our heads clear.
 #232 
Old 2005-07-13, 10:17
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I know what you mean.
But the police in my area are lets just say shit.
In the past people have been beaten and cops don't do shit, earlier this year a girl called saying she was at risk of getting raped: they sent a taxi, 4 months later no one knows where she is.
They spend too much time on the roads where they make money.
Recently (within the past 4 months) there was a porn scandal where there was a staggering amount of porn found on the computers, some of which was child.
That is also one of the reason I live here instead of the US, I can get away with so much more.
I got caught with drugs and I ran, you know what they did?
They tried to run me over, I hopped the fence and they gave up. Currently this country is in a shambles.
I'm either gonna end up in the army, prison or dead.
Edit - It's not my country, I live in it, thats all.
[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 07-13-2005).]
 #233 
Old 2005-07-13, 12:18
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Here is a list of what I wear on an op. Any suggested additions/changes?
1. Dark blue, semi-waterproof tracksuit pants.
2. Medium length socks with ankle support.
3. Dark brown leather boots with traction.
4. Dark blue, zip-up, fleece top with high neck.
5. Dark blue raincoat with hood.
5. Black beanie.

6. Utility belt + accessories.
One problem I have is what to do with my hair - It sticks out under the beanie no matter what I do and is not quite long enough to tie, so if I'm seen it's a dead give away. Suggestions would be appriciated.
 #234 
Old 2005-07-13, 13:34
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Night Operations can mean many things, not just one.
 #235 
Old 2005-07-13, 19:05
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey ya'll remember that crazy asshole farmer i told you guys abouti need some help trying to figure out how to get back at this asshole without doin alot of damage (police issues) ive already got a few examples like TP his house or egg his house but i dont anything more than that (we have a police scanner too just incase this dude calls the cops i know he will press charges) and i have fireworks does anyone have any suggestions that are realistic?
Help!
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline Regular
Tennessee Default I used to have long hair also, but also not long enough to tie(unless wet). I would just hold my hair back, and put the beanie/mask on and the hair would just stick out the back. It works great with a beanie, SUCKS, for a ski mask. I decided to just shave my head. I use just a all flat black USMC KA-BAR(not the tanto, I'm not sure if mine is still in production). Almost any KA-BAR is good for ops. I LOVE my KA-BAR. I got it used for $40 at the surplus store. Back to the cell phone thing, Sanity0verRated
 #236 
Old 2005-07-13, 19:45
music_bombs_drugs music_bombs_drugs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well, i did my first night op last night. it was kinda pointless and i dont even know if it is considerd a night op...all we did was sneak half way across town to get to a friends house, hears how it went:

around 7:30pm: we(me and a friend) rode our bikes to the persons house on the path we would later take. recon i guess...
around 9:45pm: We go to my room and plan it out more.
10:15pm: finish gathering up gear.
11:00pm: dad tells us to go to bed(lmao) so we pretend to go to sleep...

11:00pm-2:15am: lay in beds awake with gear on and wait for father to fall asleep.

2:15am: fathers been asleep for 15mins and we go down stairs and leave the house.

2:30am: after 15mins of walking, runing, hiding, he reach her house.

2:30am: we climb the thing on the side of her house(those things vines grow on, looks like a tall fence) and get up on her balcany.

2:35am: we nock on the window, she comes out, she says, "hi, ummm, im tired. can u guys come back tomorrow..?"

2:40am: we climb back down in disapointment.

3:20am: we arive at my house and go to sleep...

Well, that wuz my first "night op" i guess.

i guess it was a good beginners experiance.
 #237 
Old 2005-07-13, 21:29
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

No. Just no. Maybe if you included details. That
 #238 
Old 2005-07-13, 21:29
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Heelios:

flying monkeys, that is not a night op its a bunch or irresponsible teenagers going to fuck with some old guy who yelled at you. how about volenteering to help the old guy out with the work around the farm, i know that my grandpa (who is also a small town farmer) reallw appriciated the help i gave him. grow up
I know that but this guy calls the fuckin cops on people all the time for even walkin on the side of the road and stuff hell we might even steal a few tools im not sure if he keeps em locked up but yes i am a small town farmer also i work on a farm and this guy is our comeptitor he thinks he owns the whold damn town so if anybody has any idea's on what we can do like any kind of stuff that if you get caught you dont get any major charges for?
 #239 
Old 2005-07-13, 21:41
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Rock:
..............
WHOLYSHIT, your not doing an op your being a dumb ass teen.
You just TOTALLY contradicted yourself: the whole point is not to leave evidence, if you are gonna do that shit, don't even call it an NO.
This is the steps I take.
1)Recon,
2)Plan,
3)Get in,
4)Do something,(like get to somewhere or something)
5)Get out: your done.
I really don't care about switch blades, if you hate them so much great: I'll be getting a new one anyway because, I must admit they aren't as sturdy as some others.
But it's what I have for the time being and it has served me well. Oh yea i have done the recon ive done the planning ive been planning for 3 weeks! all i got to do is get out there tomorrow night and let em have it and if this insnt a NO what is i thought that was the whole point was to sneak around at night and get back at people and or turn a profit i would really like to know what you guys call a night op beacause ive been doin somethhing for about 2 years so i really need to know what i need to change

oh yea i love switch blades they more than likely arent goin to be used as a weapon cuz who the fuck is going to chase you down at 3 am in their pj's and try to kill you?
 #240 
Old 2005-07-13, 21:47
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by music_bombs_drugs:
Well, i did my first night op last night. it was kinda pointless and i dont even know if it is considerd a night op...all we did was sneak half way across town to get to a friends house, hears how it went:
around 7:30pm: we(me and a friend) rode our bikes to the persons house on the path we would later take. recon i guess...
around 9:45pm: We go to my room and plan it out more.
10:15pm: finish gathering up gear.
11:00pm: dad tells us to go to bed(lmao) so we pretend to go to sleep...
11:00pm-2:15am: lay in beds awake with gear on and wait for father to fall asleep.
2:15am: fathers been asleep for 15mins and we go down stairs and leave the house.
2:30am: after 15mins of walking, runing, hiding, he reach her house.
2:30am: we climb the thing on the side of her house(those things vines grow on, looks like a tall fence) and get up on her balcany.
2:35am: we nock on the window, she comes out, she says, "hi, ummm, im tired. can u guys come back tomorrow..?"
2:40am: we climb back down in disapointment.
3:20am: we arive at my house and go to sleep...
Well, that wuz my first "night op" i guess.
i guess it was a good beginners experiance.
Yea you just wen to a girls house to get pussy right and wwhy the hell do you need gear for that?? the only gaer you would need is a condom (hey babe i brought my gimp suit)

(please reply if thats why you did that and please if she has a bro dont do it cuz he'll come home and shoot at you (it happened to me)
 #241 
Old 2005-07-13, 22:00
kfc v lot kfc v lot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i second that guy who said this place is going to shits
since the like likes of choas penguin and so on went to
the night ops site
ive been reading and oping since the end of night ops 3
and since then i was just doin them whenever i had chance
for the `thrills` i guess
 #242 
Old 2005-07-13, 22:26
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Cell phones can be traced, but why bother. Companies have better things to do, like sell the person who you stole the phone another phone. Companies don't care.
All they will do is cancel the SIM number and the phone will be usless. So you go and buy a new chip and they'll program it to your new stolen phone.
Besides usually people assume that they lost there phone. Depends on the scenario when you took it.
 #243 
Old 2005-07-13, 23:56
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Speaking of phones..do you bring your cell phone on ops, and/or radio? For ops with more than one person, or if you have a 'base'.
 #244 
Old 2005-07-14, 00:31
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sanity,
Radio Shack Pro96.
A tad expensive, but very usful for two team ops. One member of each team has one to communicate with the other team, Head set attachment is also good. The rest of us use hand signals, takes some practice but that's what stealth is.
BOMBS_AWAY BOMBS_AWAY is offline
Long Beach California United States Default sorry for not getting back sooner, I was busy.
I went back to check last night, it all looked normal.
A bottle salute would not have hurt anyone, it does not have that kind of power, there just loud, besides it was not directly under the window I put it about 10 feet away, I also used smokless powder so it was slower burning.
the window was by the ally so I put it there, as a result some cars in the ally had the alarms set off. BOMBS_AWAY
 #245 
Old 2005-07-14, 02:48
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I bring my phone only if I'm doing a team NO, by myself it's not really worth it.
I bring my dark green(really dark) face plate
in a leather holster with my hands free kit.
I have my phone set to 2 beeps when someone calls, so what they do is call then hang up after 15 seconds. This tells me that something is wrong and to get out of there.
But by yourself not worth it.
 #246 
Old 2005-07-14, 03:51
blackstar_23 blackstar_23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hey how do you guys get aroun cameras? i know with the infra red cameras you can use laser lights but what about all the other ones ?
 #247 
Old 2005-07-14, 04:37
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You can do the smart thing and avoid them completely. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
Flight leaves in 9 1/2 hours. Be back in two weeks, Totse.
 #248 
Old 2005-07-14, 04:44
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I figured most wouldn't take it on a solo op. I would only do that if I had someone back home with a police scanner, or something. Do you guys ever use scanners?
 #249 
Old 2005-07-14, 04:55
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
Speaking of phones..do you bring your cell phone on ops, and/or radio? For ops with more than one person, or if you have a 'base'. Yea dude I just use radio's and stuff i guess you could use a cell phone if you put it on vibrate and talk quiet.
 #250 
Old 2005-07-14, 04:59
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
I figured most wouldn't take it on a solo op. I would only do that if I had someone back home with a police scanner, or something. Do you guys ever use scanners?
Hell yea im using a friends police scanner tomorrow night for a revenge op if you wanna call it that
 #251 
Old 2005-07-14, 05:01
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Flying Monkeys:
Hell yea im using a friends police scanner tomorrow night for a revenge op if you wanna call it that no we will call it a bunch of teenagers going to fuck with some old guy
and could someone point me in the direction where would I find a cheap mobile scanner?
 #252 
Old 2005-07-14, 06:12
blackstar_23 blackstar_23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hey
i really wanna get into the night ops scene .. I was thinking all the users who post in this forum could post what sort of missions they go on and what they do ? i think some of you allready do this but it would be good to get everyone.. then other users could go do your op ... i dunno jst an idea..
thanks
 #253 
Old 2005-07-14, 06:42
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hmm blackstar night ops are kind of unique to the person, but if you want i have a few text files dealing with night ops. if you want them email me at totsean404@gmail.com
Rock Rock is offline Regular
Default Read up some books, the way of the shadow is a good one(link is up on a previous page)
Don't start with anything to big.
Quote: quote:
no we will call it a bunch of teenagers going to fuck with some old guy I don't think he gets it...
I'll do a mini op today, haven't done any in a while so I'll just do something basic.
A 10 minute op.
I'll be going down to a neighbours and try to sneak around the back and retrieve a flower(they won't know, has multiple flowers..) right next to the master bedroom I think.
I'll post the whole thing later, after I do it..
Rock
 #254 
Old 2005-07-14, 08:03
blackstar_23 blackstar_23 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

ok thats cool. I wouldnt know what to do for my first op , ive snuck out heaps of times but there not ops at all are they. I would like to start planning somthing but i have know idea what to do like i sneak out , then what ? .
Thanks
 #255 
Old 2005-07-14, 09:21
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Read this
It's a good read up, I recomend.
 #256 
Old 2005-07-14, 09:30
the_mail_man the_mail_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Heelios:
[b] Quote: Originally posted by Flying Monkeys:
and could someone point me in the direction where would I find a cheap mobile scanner?
ebay is FULL of them
 #257 
Old 2005-07-14, 10:28
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I just got incredibly lazy. I was doing recon, unstealthily in broad daylight this place where no one ever goes.
I was right beside the security system when a car pulled up. I screwed on the face with my fingers while they couldn't see me (there was no way of escaping without losing my expensive bike. If I had run, they probably would have called the cops.)
So I whipped out my cock and started pissing against their wall. The guy came over and started shouting at me and I acted really apologetic and put it away.
They didn't even notice that I was near the panel.
 #258 
Old 2005-07-14, 15:21
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

^^^Nice save.
Sioux, enjoy your vacation.
 #259 
Old 2005-07-14, 16:26
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I wonder if Psychlonic ever figure out how to do ops?
 #260 
Old 2005-07-14, 19:40
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
I wonder if Psychlonic ever figure out how to do ops?
what do you mean "ever figure out how to do ops" didn't he write The way of the Shadow?
 #261 
Old 2005-07-14, 20:15
music_bombs_drugs music_bombs_drugs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Flying Monkeys:
Yea you just wen to a girls house to get pussy right and wwhy the hell do you need gear for that?? the only gaer you would need is a condom (hey babe i brought my gimp suit)
(please reply if thats why you did that and please if she has a bro dont do it cuz he'll come home and shoot at you (it happened to me) sorry i didnt reply sooner. i was gone.
We really didnt need all the gear we took... but we did need some cause the past we took was fairly dangerus and we could have been easly caught. and no, she has no brother.
no thats not really why we did it, we only did it cause she said we wouldnt. but we did have high hopes that she would flash us. :-( she didnt.
 #262 
Old 2005-07-14, 21:12
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yeah, heh, not what I meant. I was talking about how he had his work and stuff. I was meaning, did he ever figure out how to do ops and work. I haven't heard from him in a while though...
shoot_the_wounded shoot_the_wounded is offline
england Default What to you guys were right now, i just were plain black hooded top, black jeans, a army thermal balacava and a pair of back running shoes- but ive being thinking, would boots be better?
shoot_the_wounded
 #263 
Old 2005-07-14, 23:26
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think that it depends on what type of op that you are doing. If you know that you are going to be running a lot and not carrying a heavy load I would pick the running shoes, but if our going through the woods for a distance and carrying some heavy items I would pick the boots. The thing about the boots is the support that it gives you and it keeps your feet relatively dry.
Overall though I think that it comes down to what you are more comfortable in.
I personally wear my running shoes the most- I run faster/ more agile and don't make as much noise while moving.
 #264 
Old 2005-07-15, 00:00
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

yea well if you call a op sneaking around in somebody's back yard just to be there you are nothing bgut a weirdo that likes to play GI Joe!
 #265 
Old 2005-07-15, 00:05
Flying Monkeys Flying Monkeys is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by music_bombs_drugs:
sorry i didnt reply sooner. i was gone.
We really didnt need all the gear we took... but we did need some cause the past we took was fairly dangerus and we could have been easly caught. and no, she has no brother.
no thats not really why we did it, we only did it cause she said we wouldnt. but we did have high hopes that she would flash us. :-( she didnt. Oh i was fixin to say dude i snneaked out of the house and went to this girls place and bro showed up and shot at us
 #266 
Old 2005-07-15, 04:09
Nocturnal Variant Nocturnal Variant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Flying Monkeys:
Oh i was fixin to say dude i snneaked out of the house and went to this girls place and bro showed up and shot at us
WTF? Do you guys know each other or something?
If so, keep the chit chat out of the Night Op thread. Common courtesy. It's a waste of my time reading your chat. Keep the personal shit onAIM/YIM/MSNM, and put the op stuff on here.
C'mon now.
I don't have anything new going on, as I'm still up north over here until saturday.
 #267 
Old 2005-07-15, 05:11
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

We need some conversation in the thread. But I agree there is to much. So much, that everything I have tried to talk or ask about has gone completely ignored. It pisses me off.
 #268 
Old 2005-07-15, 06:23
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

yeah Sanity0verRated, i tried twice to make conversation but it was ignored
<_<
>_>
 #269 
Old 2005-07-15, 23:23
Sentinel owl Sentinel owl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i've been with NO since NO III. Anyways I've been considering how one would travel through a small marsh. Would I just wear regular BDU's and just let them get wet? A wetsuit?
 #270 
Old 2005-07-15, 23:39
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

What kind of destination would one want to be going to?(I mean do you need to keep dry or are you just getting out.
If you could just a wet suit would get good as they don't get very heavy.
How deep is the marsh?
Quote: quote:yea well if you call a op sneaking around in somebody's back yard just to be there you are nothing bgut a weirdo that likes to play GI Joe! The whole point is to infiltrate undetected and get out. As soon as you bust/steal something it's arson/robbery.
It's not only backyards, it's any place/area you aren't supposed to be.
 #271 
Old 2005-07-16, 00:30
master5570 master5570 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by shoot_the_wounded:
What to you guys were right now, i just were plain black hooded top, black jeans, a army thermal balacava and a pair of back running shoes- but ive being thinking, would boots be better? I agree with a previous poster; it all depends on what you're doing. I find that bringing a pair of climbing shoes in a bag and some running shoes on my feet works well. Then again, I live in suburbia and my ops are almost always climbing oriented. The suburbia thing is important because there is a decent network of paths and groomed fields (not to mention yards haha), and light shoes are ideal there. I'm also something of a packrat so I bring along a small backpack for holding gloves, rope, extra shoes, a small light, and sometimes a construction* (read "exacto") knife.
For the person asking for some stories...
There is a church being built near my school, probably about 4 stories tall at the highest point, and at the time of the op, the building had solid walls, a concrete floor some huge steel rafters, and my prize: two lovely flags at the very top. I had been eyeing the building for a few weeks and noticed that the rafters were finally all in place, and that there were piles of roofing material near the building. Due to its slope, the roof would be much more difficult to climb once the roof was more complete; so, I decided to do some recon and then go for the flags. I rode a garage sale, $5, bike to the site and examined the building for any posible way to the top. There was a large mobile "cherry picker" sort of machine that did not require a key, but that would've been too loud (of course I started it up on my recon ,mission). The rafters were the only way up, and that meant climbing 20 feet up to where the "roof" began, and then walking along a 4" wide piece of steel while holding onto another 4" piece above my head. I would be about 40-50' above the concrete floor by the time I reached the top, and because the top was at the edge of the building, about 90' above the ground below. I'm a pretty good judge of distance and would say that these are conservative estimates.
Anyway, a few nights later I was there with tough leather gloves, a coat with large pockets (for the flags) an exacto knife, and grippy sneakers. The climb was actually pretty easy once I got past the height issue, and remembered to take it slow; it felt like I was just side-stepping my way up there until I got going too fast and had to catch myself with my hands. I made it to the flags, which were attached to a metal pole that someone had slid over a piece of re-bar. Unfortunately, the wind was very powerful up here, and the flags were just barely within my reach; so, I endend up clinging to a steel pole, standing on tiptoes, and pushing the pole off of the re-bar. Of course, it got stuck at the top and I had to smack it before it went flying to the ground. It was annoying to have to spend another 25 minutes climbing down, but in the end the flags were well worth it; I got a normal American flag, and a really cool Catholic flag that is now my curtain. This is one of my favorite night ops, sorry if it doesn't quite fit that title.
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Atlanta Default Does anyone here own a police scanner? I am planning on investing in one and I need some advice on which one to get. Im trying to find one for less than 300 and is portable. Which one do you have? Any ones in particular that you would recomend? I think that someone tried to say something about this above but it was ignored for the most part. Thanks Pshycho Fraud
 #272 
Old 2005-07-16, 00:50
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I don't have one anymore(working on getting a new one). But, I'm pretty sure, it doesn't really matter what kind or how expensive it is. As long as it picks up the transmissions it should be perfect. For the marsh thing, I would try to avoid it completely, if you can't, bring those big gallosh things, and take 'em off after the marsh.
 #273 
Old 2005-07-16, 02:56
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

for the marsh: Go to wal-mart or some sport store and you can find these rubber overall type thing for around $20
for the scanner: EBAY! holy shit i looked their and you can get them really cheap, thats where im getting my portable unit at
 #274 
Old 2005-07-16, 18:15
music_bombs_drugs music_bombs_drugs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nocturnal Variant:
WTF? Do you guys know each other or something?
If so, keep the chit chat out of the Night Op thread. Common courtesy. It's a waste of my time reading your chat. Keep the personal shit onAIM/YIM/MSNM, and put the op stuff on here.
C'mon now.
I don't have anything new going on, as I'm still up north over here until saturday. no, we dont know each other. srry for the chitchat...
 #275 
Old 2005-07-16, 18:20
music_bombs_drugs music_bombs_drugs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

oh yeah, im also startin to plan an op.

im gonna get into this guys house (he leaves for vacation next week and will be gone for 2 weeks ) and take 3 pack of guiness, one huge bottle of bacardi, some knifes, and some electronics. this op is gonna be more of revenge, long story...
but the good thing is that i have seen his son open the garage door and i know the code. plus, i know the exact locations of everything in the house...
wish me luck
[This message has been edited by music_bombs_drugs (edited 07-17-2005).]
 #276 
Old 2005-07-16, 20:31
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Why does anyone bother with police scanners. They are bulky and can be traced, it is better to get the ones that neighbourhood security guards have - they cannot be traced and are a lot smaller. And besides, the cops never even bother with people on a NO (or at least not me).
 #277 
Old 2005-07-17, 00:53
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dark Kaiser:
the cops never even bother with people on a NO (or at least not me). WRONG! Why would someone even say something like that! NOs usually consist of BE, occasional vandalism, and trespassing.
A police scanner would be a great thing to have. If im inside a building that i broke into and the cops are called, i dont want to be there when they come.
Anyway, im planning a night op tonight to get rid of some "trophys" that i got from a constuction back in february. They are plastic pipes, about 7 of them. They are 6-8 inches long. I have decided on two ways to carry this out:
1) dump them in a pool (which would be an assholeish thing to do, but im an asshole. Besides, i think i should make use of these things).
or
2) dump them in an area thats over-grown, so it looks like average pollution.

Two questions, which choice is better, and does water get rid of finger prints?
 #278 
Old 2005-07-17, 06:02
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You can't trace a scanner you dumbfuck. I hate you, get out of my Night Ops.
 #279 
Old 2005-07-17, 07:26
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
You can't trace a scanner you dumbfuck. I hate you, get out of my Night Ops. You said it.
Dark Kaiser:Of course the police come are you stupid? Trespassing/B&E is illegal in most if not all areas, and are the basis of which many night ops are built upon.
Are your night ops are to get to the trash can and back?
Some old drunk guy: I would say an over grown area, it will draw less attention compared to the pool(i.e. the owner of the pool will see some pipes in it and go "WTF?"). Also I would dispose of them into two or three different places, so it is easier to conceal abandoned houses and garages are good places to get rid of stuff. Water won't get rid of finger prints. You just have to wear gloves are best, to get rid of them I'm not really sure.
Music_bombs_drugs: what sort of relationship do you have with the target/victim?
Friend, neighbour?
Draw up a floor plan if you can and then figure out entry points(if the garage doesn't open or something.) and exit.
 #280 
Old 2005-07-17, 07:28
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Edit-damn double post, how did I manage that?
[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 07-17-2005).]
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline Regular
Default Scanners have GPS and I said it was better to have the ones local security has because they are always first on a scene. Dark Kaiser
 #281 
Old 2005-07-17, 19:34
duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey all haven't posted for a while. Totse is really going to shit. Listen if you havn't learnt by now : DONT'T POST ABOUT CAR JACKINGS. If u do them, fine, but you're just going to get flamed if you do post about them. So dont.
Upcoming op soon. SWIM's little brother is going to a scout camping trip in a clearing in the middle of a forest. I know exactly where it is and i want to perform a decent op there. I was wondering what i should do exactly. I want to make my presence known yet not my location to kinda freak em out. There will be about 8 medium sized tents in this clearing, about 15 10 year olds and 2, maybe 3 adults.
Equipment is:
Black fleece + Trousers.
Black Trainers
Lock Knife
Balaclava
Torch (red filter naturally)
Going light on this one so i wont need much.
If i need anything else then tell me. Havent opped for a while but will practise before this one.
What exactly should i do? SHould i get into the center of the campsite and plant something like a dead rabbit spiked to the ground to scare em shitless or should i do something else?
 #282 
Old 2005-07-17, 20:18
Mr-Smith Mr-Smith is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

im planning on going on an op tonite...
does any one have any ideas for opening locked or unlocked windows from the out side with out breaking them
 #283 
Old 2005-07-17, 20:53
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

duck_dojo, ever watched the blair witch project? http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
Mr Smith, look in the bad ideas textfile section under....Irresponsible Activities. I remember seeing an artical about this in their
 #284 
Old 2005-07-17, 21:26
Mr-Smith Mr-Smith is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

yah ive already read theat but i dont want to have to break a window just open it nd then close it on my way out
 #285 
Old 2005-07-17, 21:33
Regular
 
Yes
Default Re: Night Ops V

OK, I haven't been on an op in a long time. My parents have caught me twice, and it's not due to faults on my end. I am very, trust me, very stealthy and thorough in preparations.
It's come to where I'm going to have to administer a sleep agent. Do unisom sleep gels have smell, taste? what could I put them in? how long would it take for them to kick in?
ideas, help. thanks.
 #286 
Old 2005-07-17, 23:16
music_bombs_drugs music_bombs_drugs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Rock:
Music_bombs_drugs: what sort of relationship do you have with the target/victim?
Friend, neighbour?
Draw up a floor plan if you can and then figure out entry points(if the garage doesn't open or something.) and exit.[/b] Well, he is neighbour, and hes a "friend".
i already have the floor plans drawn up.
and exit list which is a map of all windows and doors. i could also get in through his sisters window cause i can take it off with a screwdriver, if he garage dont work.
 #287 
Old 2005-07-18, 05:34
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Rock:
Some old drunk guy: I would say an over grown area, it will draw less attention compared to the pool(i.e. the owner of the pool will see some pipes in it and go "WTF?"). Also I would dispose of them into two or three different places, so it is easier to conceal abandoned houses and garages are good places to get rid of stuff. Water won't get rid of finger prints. You just have to wear gloves are best, to get rid of them I'm not really sure.
[/b] The point of the pipes in the pool was to make him go WTF. Itll be fun to read about in the local paper.
I was hoping that water did get rid of prints because i saw CSI and a plastic dummy was in water and they couldnt get prints from it. Wearing gloves wouldnt work unless i wiped down every square inch of every pipe, which i dont want to do. Ill probably miss a spot anyway.
Im not worried that anyone will connect pipes to my break-in at a construction site trailor. It was a while back (february). Nothing was stolen either, i dont like to attract attention.
BTW im not fingerprinted, i just dont want something to come back and bite me in the ass when i get arrested for something stupid.
Does anyone know what the statute of limitation is on B+E? Ill google it and edit later if i find it.
 #288 
Old 2005-07-18, 10:29
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by duck_dojo:
Upcoming op soon. SWIM's little brother is going to a scout camping trip in a clearing in the middle of a forest. I know exactly where it is and i want to perform a decent op there. I was wondering what i should do exactly. I want to make my presence known yet not my location to kinda freak em out. There will be about 8 medium sized tents in this clearing, about 15 10 year olds and 2, maybe 3 adults.
Equipment is:
Black fleece + Trousers.
Black Trainers
Lock Knife
Balaclava
Torch (red filter naturally)
Going light on this one so i wont need much.
If i need anything else then tell me. Havent opped for a while but will practise before this one.
What exactly should i do? SHould i get into the center of the campsite and plant something like a dead rabbit spiked to the ground to scare em shitless or should i do something else? When they are around a camp fire(if they have one) make some noises and throw rocks at trees (not at the kids though..) and shake bushes.
Especially good when they are telling stories.
Remember they're only kids so don't punish them too hard. A dead animal could scare 'em.
You've got good equipment, but personally I would drop the balaclava as it will prevent some hearing, is it a only eye cut or mouth as well?
If you can try get a dark green/ woodland colours as it will give you better camouflage in comparison with straight black, shoes and paints not so much but a top/shirt/sweater will benefit you.
Also recon: check out the area and find a good spot to hide and escape if the need arise.
Mr-Smith: I'm not really sure what you are asking, do you mean is their a way of entering a window without breaking it?
What sort of window? Bi fold etc..

Does it have any sort of lock on it or just an "lever" can you describe it please.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Some Old Drunk Guy:
The point of the pipes in the pool was to make him go WTF. Itll be fun to read about in the local paper.
I was hoping that water did get rid of prints because i saw CSI and a plastic dummy was in water and they couldnt get prints from it. Wearing gloves wouldnt work unless i wiped down every square inch of every pipe, which i dont want to do. Ill probably miss a spot anyway.
Im not worried that anyone will connect pipes to my break-in at a construction site trailor. It was a while back (february). Nothing was stolen either, i dont like to attract attention.
BTW im not fingerprinted, i just dont want something to come back and bite me in the ass when i get arrested for something stupid. In that case throw them into a pool: if you threw them into a row of pools it would make a cooler news paper story, but be careful they don't have any way to trace it. So make it on the other side of town. I know what you mean, I doubt how ever they will dust for prints for such a minor crime.
Where abouts are you? The statue of limitations differ from state to state/country I think.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by music_bombs_drugs:
Well, he is neighbour, and hes a "friend".
i already have the floor plans drawn up.
and exit list which is a map of all windows and doors. i could also get in through his sisters window cause i can take it off with a screwdriver, if he garage dont work. Sounds like your all geared up and ready to go then.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Staples:
OK, I haven't been on an op in a long time. My parents have caught me twice, and it's not due to faults on my end. I am very, trust me, very stealthy and thorough in preparations.
It's come to where I'm going to have to administer a sleep agent. Do unisom sleep gels have smell, taste? what could I put them in? how long would it take for them to kick in?
ideas, help. thanks. Firstly: how did they catch you? Just being awake?
Sleeping agent is a big thing:
you can get in serious trouble if you are caught administering it without prior consent. Do you really need to do it? It is for your parent(s)/guardian(s) is it not or am I misinterpreting?
Unisom sleeping gels(extra strength) are Diphenhydramine.
It's a bit risky as the patient(s) may suffer side effects and/or a reaction(s) to the substance, be careful as it will be difficult to explain that you were sneaking pills into their drinks.

I'm unsure of what they smell like but they
should have a mild taste.
Edit-quotes.
[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 07-18-2005).]
 #289 
Old 2005-07-19, 01:01
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Staples:
OK, I haven't been on an op in a long time. My parents have caught me twice, and it's not due to faults on my end. I am very, trust me, very stealthy and thorough in preparations.
It's come to where I'm going to have to administer a sleep agent. Do unisom sleep gels have smell, taste? what could I put them in? how long would it take for them to kick in?
ideas, help. thanks.
If you get caught, it is ALWAYS your fault. If somebody else gets you caught, still your fault for letting them.
Heelios Heelios is offline
Default indeed i agree SOR, you can alwase do something to prevent getting caught. My parents tend to check in on me at all fucking hours so i simply took extra plankets/pillows from my closet and put them under my blanket so it looks like im in bed. How were you caught? mabey we can help Heelios
 #290 
Old 2005-07-19, 07:10
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ha, I just got a lock installed on my door so my parents can't come in.
Anyway explain how it isn't your fault.
 #291 
Old 2005-07-19, 07:56
Stop Stop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

NO is sounding more and more interesting. I plan on doing an introductory one tonight. I have all the supplies, modified from my last post. Here's what I got:
~Gerber Mini Covert
~150lb. Nylon rope, doubled on itself holding a big (but surprisingly lightweight) industrial hook (well over a 500lb. test hook)
~Fake lightstick, the one's walmart sells that can turn on or off? Do you know what I'm typing about? Anywho, it's red, and has been wrapped in electrical tape, so light only comes out the end.
~Penny (for a distraction, like to throw)
~Key to my house, after I sneak out, gotta re-lock it...
~Gerber Multi-Tool 400 (I think)
~Zippo
I plan on doing a NO (without any B&E or tagging, or anything) tonight, but I need an objective. Any ideas? Please respond within the next 2 hours, or you'll be to late.
 #292 
Old 2005-07-19, 09:17
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Stop:
NO is sounding more and more interesting. I plan on doing an introductory one tonight. I have all the supplies, modified from my last post. Here's what I got:
~Gerber Mini Covert
~150lb. Nylon rope, doubled on itself holding a big (but surprisingly lightweight) industrial hook (well over a 500lb. test hook)
~Fake lightstick, the one's walmart sells that can turn on or off? Do you know what I'm typing about? Anywho, it's red, and has been wrapped in electrical tape, so light only comes out the end.
~Penny (for a distraction, like to throw)
~Key to my house, after I sneak out, gotta re-lock it...
~Gerber Multi-Tool 400 (I think)

~Zippo
I plan on doing a NO (without any B&E or tagging, or anything) tonight, but I need an objective. Any ideas? Please respond within the next 2 hours, or you'll be to late. Woah man you don't really need all that gear do you?
A 150lb rope and a 500lb hook? That's heavy: do you mean 15lb and 50lb hook? Still I wouldn't bother unless you know you are going to need it.
What about clothing wise? What do you plan to wear.
Does the light stick emit enough light?
Do you have a local park or reserve? That is where I went to begin with.
Wear all your gear so you can learn to walk without making excess noise and get used to all of your equipment.
If you are serious about it do some recon before the actual mission, find the routes you will be taking: entry and exit points.
Edit-Spell check.
[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 07-19-2005).]
 #293 
Old 2005-07-19, 09:26
Stop Stop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ah sorry my bad, those are holding weights, together the two weigh about 3lbs. (rope and hook). I will wear some dark, bluish black jeans, and a dark dark green M*A*S*H shirt, with nothing else. I don't have a balaclava, and my sweatshirt is an ash-gray color, so no sweatshirt for me. The coveralls that I talked about in my earlier post were washed, and barely fit, I don't have a full range of motion when I wear them, so I ditched them. Yes we have parks, but I think I'll try to sneak through a couple neighbors backyards instead. That would help me practice fences, coping with somewhat well known dogs, sleeping people, etc...
EDIT: Shoes are just normal skate-style shoes. I don't skate, but they are comfy http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by Stop (edited 07-19-2005).]
 #294 
Old 2005-07-19, 10:08
Stop Stop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I am back, my op comprimised. The first of two times I tried to go out tonight, my dog started humping the carpet and moaning, waking my parents, etc... The second happened as I let my cat in, and I went out. I was sneaking past our guest room window, when the cat started to meow at me quiet loudly, causing me to realize that this just isn't going to work out tonight. So here I am, planning my next op, tomorrow night. I need ideas for my op between now and then. This will be my first op, so easy things, etc.
 #295 
Old 2005-07-20, 05:52
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

too bad to hear about your op stop, but that is a good idea you have, going though backyards and such for your first night out. See if you can't get all your animals inside the house (mabey in one room?) also g to your local vets office and see if you an get some tranqulizers (sp) for them
 #296 
Old 2005-07-20, 06:11
00258 00258 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Just give the dog meat and the cat tuna. Let them eat while you leave.
 #297 
Old 2005-07-20, 06:28
Stop Stop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ah well, tonight I will sneak out via our roof, so no pets to pester me. Here is a picture of my NO gear.
NO Gear
EDIT: tonight I have an Op objective, to go a couple houses back, and one behind, and pick a fruit from the nearest fruit tree there, then get back. I will have to deal with all kind of things, dogs, paranoid people, etc.
[This message has been edited by Stop (edited 07-20-2005).]
 #298 
Old 2005-07-20, 06:40
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Posted by Rock not too long ago:
Quote: quote:In that case throw them into a pool: if you threw them into a row of pools it would make a cooler news paper story, but be careful they don't have any way to trace it. So make it on the other side of town. I know what you mean, I doubt how ever they will dust for prints for such a minor crime.
Where abouts are you? The statue of limitations differ from state to state/country I think.
Unfortunatly, theres only one pool in my area. Ill try to make it spell something but itll probably float around and get ruined. Just for safety's sake, im gonna wipe down all the pipes. This op should take about 5 minutes. I plan to do it sometime this week.
Another op idea:
If i spraypainted something on the side of everyones house on a certain street (not my street), would this be a NO? I mean, if i made a plan and stuff. If not, what about tagging a certain target, like a courthouse or a police station?
All thats hypothetical, its just a thought i had while taking a shower.
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 07-20-2005).]
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline Regular
USSHB Vice-Head of Your Mom Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by Stop:
Ah well, tonight I will sneak out via our roof, so no pets to pester me. Here is a picture of my NO gear.
NO Gear
EDIT: tonight I have an Op objective, to go a couple houses back, and one behind, and pick a fruit from the nearest fruit tree there, then get back. I will have to deal with all kind of things, dogs, paranoid people, etc.
First ops are always the best. Cherish it.
I remember my first real op, to try to get down my block and back VIA backyards and back w/o getting seen.
Midway through, someone turned on a back porchlight, forcing me to dive behind a bunch of plants. Then, i realize that the person was letting out their dog. I was scared shitless! I look up from where i was laying down and i see its face, and im thinking 'great, now im gonna have to kill this dog before it kills me'. I grip my crowbar and get ready to get up and crush the dogs skull (it

looked like a medium-small dog). Well, the dog licked me. I petted it (with some hesitation), and it liked it! Then, the owner called it and it left. That was easily one of the most scariest moments while i was on a NO. That and when i was in a shed and realized that there was a bat flying around. I wasnt scared of it until i realized that bats carry rabies, and im afraid of needles.
Enjoy your Op, avoid sheds and garages.
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 07-20-2005).]
 #299 
Old 2005-07-20, 07:19
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

mmm first ops, mine was also quite a frightening experiance. The object was to travel to the other side of the neighborhood to where all the rich people live via backyards and pick a blue flower from one of the flowerbeds and make it back to the starting point without getting caught in under 30 minutes. Well i got the flower ok but on the way back i was in the process of jumping someones fence and as soon as i was on the inside a fucking dog starts to bark and a light comes on inside, so i piss myself and fuckign dive for one of thoes play houses and manage to get inside that and shut all the doors and windows to keep the dog from eating me. I sat their for what seemed like hours until the dog owners finallaly took the dog inside. I made it back to the starting point, and only 6 minutes late
 #300 
Old 2005-07-20, 09:36
Stop Stop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

NO #1 COMPLETED!!!
People were right, that was the freakin' best adrenaline rush ever. My goal was to go to the house behind mine, and two to the left, through their backyards, and then to find the nearest fruit tree from there, pick one fruit, and return. I went, and the closest fruit I found was a tomato bush. I picked one awfully green tomato, and disappeared into the night once again. I made it back, and am lucky my mom wasn't outside, cooling herself off from those times she calls her "own personal summer". I am back in my room, with one training night op completed. I can tell there are going to be many more to follow. Thanks to all you Totseans who helped me start NOing. I will enjoy my new hobbie for a long time.
 #301 
Old 2005-07-20, 11:04
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Helmets and knee/elbow protection.
Do any of you guys wear these?
BHI sells fantastic looking neoprene pads and the protec B2 training helmet looks pretty good (though shiny. What do you guys to make something matt? Spraypaint them?)
Obviously, both would have to be light, but since my (few) ops tend to invovle a lot of jumping around, I think it might be smart.
 #302 
Old 2005-07-21, 01:19
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Good job man, sounds like you enjoyed it.
Your equipment looks good, do know how to pick locks?
First real op for me, in a construction yard walking home one night: I spotted a shiny spanner/tool I thought about this and decided to go get it for personal gratification; prove I could be stealth.
So I followed the fence to get to the box(it was directly opposite) and shoved the tool in my pocket(wasn't really big).
I walked along the fence line and was about to run to an exit in the fence until I heard sirens, man I was shit scared: I pulled back to the fence and got down.
They flew past and I got hell outta there back to my friends.
It was pretty cool, there were heaps of people walking by and when they looked right at me they couldn't see me: that was the best feeling.
Quote: quote:originally posted by elewton
Helmets and knee/elbow protection.
Do any of you guys wear these? Depends on what kind of op I'm going on, on an exploration of somewhere unknown I'll wear knee pads so I can get low without making noise or injuring myself.
If I have to go street I will wear them under clothing but normal just over so it stops your clothes from moving.
Drunk: Depends how big your gonna do it, a small circle would be cool, just don't go overboard.
Edit-quotes >.<
[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 07-21-2005).]
 #303 
Old 2005-07-21, 05:53
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

good job rock, no problems!
Now, take it to the next level. Find out where the nearest construction site, junkyard, or some sort of place where people dont go at night and theres a whole bunch of junk to mess arond with. Then make it back under a certain amount of time. Also, start making a mental map of the layout of your town. It will help in the future. Make notes of where you could hide out if trouble comes up.
Dont worry about picking locks, theres almost always another way to get around them. Besides, lock picking takes too much time and is too pointless to master, IMO. I guess it depends on what your priorities are, if you worry about leaving a trace, lockpick. I dont care much though, so i just pry them. Thats only pad locks though. Some alarm systems pick up on noise.
Did anyone read my prior post, about my op idea?
 #304 
Old 2005-07-21, 07:33
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

(For the duration of this post, the word "I" is equivalent to "SWIM").
Guess everyone's coming back from ops tonight. I just finished my first real solo op. It was short, but nerve-wracking. Here's how it went:
Gear: Camo BDUs, Blacked-out running shoes, gloves, hat/baclava, red-filtered flashlight, leatherman, note
Goal: Give my friend the note.
Plan: Cross to neighbor's yard, cross street to get to rich person's house across street, work way around yard to avid PIR lights, cross driveway into friend's backyard, move across backyard to place note on patio table, return home in reverse order
The moon was amazingly bright. I almost didn't do this op because of it. Actually, any detrimental effects it had were negated by the fact that I could use shadows to "hide in the light". I had to avoid open spaces, though. Anyway, I successfully crossed into my neighbor's yard, and made it across the street. I had to cross along a line of trees that were completely lit up by moonlight, but going at the back minimized my silhouette. The rich guy's yard was easy, as there was vegetation all over that I could make use of. I had difficulties crossing my friend's yard, though. I had to use patches of shadow to move across the yard and plant the note. Going back, the rich guy let his dog out the back door right while I was crossing the edge of his lawn. I was scared shitless that the dog would hear/smell me and bark, but thankfully it didn't. Acting in haste, I accidentally set off one of the PIR lights. I just quietly hightailed it out of there, as I needed to be gone before he noticed the light. After that, I safely returned to my house.

Lessons learned:
-Never underestimate the moon, especially a full one
-Don't act in haste
-Use light to your advantage to deepen your cover in shadows
Overall a fun op. By the way, my friend knows about Opping, so he won't freak out and call the cops when he gets the note.
 #305 
Old 2005-07-21, 08:02
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it,
the only reason I asked is because he's got some lock picks in his gear picture
Quote: quote:
Drunk: Depends how big your gonna do it, a small circle would be cool, just don't go overboard. Edit-AAAH Url not working
[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 07-21-2005).]
 #306 
Old 2005-07-21, 14:12
Eric Shawn Eric Shawn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I've been reading the NO V thread and its got me fired up for a NO which has been waiting to long. It's going to be my first NO so im just going to go through backyards to the end of the block and pick a fruit(just like Stop) and come back same way I came. I'll post back in an hour or two and let you know how it went.
 #307 
Old 2005-07-21, 14:24
davetolomy davetolomy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Does anyone have trouble sneaking out? I usually go to bed around ten but so does my mum. My

bedroom door squeaks and she is a light sleeper. So what I do is wait until she has gone to bed then come out of my room. Go to toilet which is right next to her room. Then I go back to my room, shut my door but I'm still in the hall. She thinks I've gone back in my room. Then I sneak downstairs but I have to wait for a while. Ten is too early to go on an op. The earliest I go is 11.30
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline Regular
USSHB Vice-Head of Your Mom Default 11 30 is still to early IMO. The earliest for me is 1AM. And no, fortunatly both my parents drink before they go to bed. Some Old Drunk Guy
 #308 
Old 2005-07-22, 04:44
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Secant, I admire that you used the light to your advantage: I wasn't that adept on my first mission, good job.
11:30 is pretty early for summer, maybe in winter when it's darker earlier.
I typically go from 3-4am, just because I can get out without arousing suspicion.
Edit-mistake
[This message has been edited by Rock (edited 07-22-2005).]
 #309 
Old 2005-07-22, 05:27
Stop Stop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Oh, Rock, sorry bout that didn't realize you were asking me. Yes those are lockpicks. I don't quite know how to pick locks well yet, but if I sit and take a good 10 minutes or so, I can usually pick a simple masterlock or something. I'm going on another op tonight. I am excited as hell.
 #310 
Old 2005-07-22, 09:41
mbainrot mbainrot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

if ur a cheapie and can't afford night vision gogles use a video camcorder, some IR flood lights (array of IR LEDs), a 12v (most IR flood lights are 12v) 7.2AH (Amp hour, 7.2AH will last 7.2

hours with 1amp current drain) SLR battery and some method of mounting the fuckers
so that you can mount the IR flood lights.
Im planning to build one with 4x IR Flood lights, SLR Batt (same as above) with a bag
 #311 
Old 2005-07-22, 15:25
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm ssh'd to my computer right now from 1200miles away. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
To the CSI fan: That's just a show. Prints are a lot harder to obtain than they portray. :P
Unisom person: I suggested that back in NOiv. In my past 'Experience' they're tasteless. They take a while to work though, just be careful. You don't want to end up on the news like those other people whom kill their parents.
I journey home on the first of August.
 #312 
Old 2005-07-23, 17:29
Isobutane Isobutane is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I want to go on an op but i need a way to get outside first. Help?
The front door is not an option as it's far too noisy and my house has really thin walls. I'll try pretty much any idea someone has.
 #313 
Old 2005-07-23, 18:16
Regular
 
USA
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Isobutane:
I want to go on an op but i need a way to get outside first. Help?
The front door is not an option as it's far too noisy and my house has really thin walls. I'll try pretty much any idea someone has. i'm in a very similiar situation. i go on lots of ops, but only from my friends houses. i just can't get

out of my house and into my house without my parents knowing. i need some help to, so if any body has some ideas...
 #314 
Old 2005-07-23, 19:48
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Do you have a back door? If you have a wooden house, walk as close to the walls as possible to minimize, or even eliminate, the sounds of wood creaking. Or, you could say you're sleeping on the couch downstairs for some reason, and you'd be all that much closer. During the daytime, practice opening the door quietly. You should get better at it the more you do it. Another option to consider is leaving through a window. If you have a window that is particularly close to the ground, you should be able to get out through it. Just make sure to practice beforehand, or you might find yourself stuck outside. Good luck.
EDIT: I forgot this. Generally, when opening doors, quiet=slow.
[This message has been edited by Secant (edited 07-23-2005).]
 #315 
Old 2005-07-24, 03:58
Santa Clause Santa Clause is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Going on my first op tonight , wish me luck.
Ill post details after I return
Im leaving here @ 2:25 , I planned the op to take an hour n a half max.
Im going with one friend .
Its a simple op , just goto local football field, scale bleachers w/ out detection / avoiding cameras , make our marks , n leave.
The real fun is getting there n back.
There is only one major problem i know i will face... the fence.. I never climbed a fence before. Its a chain length fence , about 10 ft high.
Post any tips , i have around 3 1/2 hours till i head out.
 #316 
Old 2005-07-24, 04:50
black_light black_light is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Lots of new people here, i can tell by these missions of picking flowers and whatnot. You guys will get used to being out side at night after a while. It's like second nature now, me and my friend usually go out every night and get drunk. at first you are very paranoid but once you realize that nothing is going to happen your all set. this also goes when your on a mission, the one thing that you must never do is let your guard down how ever. This is what brings people to their knees, always be on the up and up and happy oping.
Rock Rock is offline Regular
Default Wear decent gloves and make sure you don't get cut.
Take it slowly as you'll make more noise when pressured.
Rock
 #317 
Old 2005-07-24, 06:35
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

take your time climbing the fence. 10 feet isnt a big deal...but chain link fences make alot of noise. Also, make sure there arent any spike type things at the top, those are a pain.
 #318 
Old 2005-07-24, 06:36
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think this is how you climb a chain-link fence:
-Find a support pole to climb at to minimize noise
-Use the holes in the fence for foot and handholds
-Climb up, put leg over top and get foothold on other side
-Climb over top of fence, keeping profile low
-Climb or jump down on other side

Hope that helps. Also, I'd leave earlier if possible. 2:25 is rather late to begin; I usually start at 1:30. Whatever works for you and is planned, though.
[This message has been edited by Secant (edited 07-24-2005).]
 #319 
Old 2005-07-24, 08:02
Santa Clause Santa Clause is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif Night op aborted .
My partner diddnt show up ... im reconsidering bringing him along now ...
anyways , the op is postponed until tuesday probably.
 #320 
Old 2005-07-24, 09:14
Chikushou Chikushou is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I was going to go on my first time ever op to a construction site nearby where I live, unfortunately it chose this very night to rain. Considering still going, however explaining how all my clothes got wet would be hard...
Oh well there's other nights...
EDIT:
Went anyway, as the rain let up to a very slight drizzle at 2:50am. Might seem a bit late, but the construction site is about 15 minutes from where I live, and the moon was covered entirely by clouds. I ran out back across a field behind my house and across the highway into the ditch on the other side. It was quite wet everywhere from the rain, and long grass got my pants from the knees down, and mud got on my hiking boots, which then trailed on concrete(luckily there was a lot of other footprints). Walking along the side of the ditch on a slope was a bitch, as it was muddy and had long grass. Had to kneel and stay still for a few cars as they drove past, however I'm sure the slope was great enough and the shadows dark enough they didn't see me.
I reached the site at 3:05am, and went inside the building and looked around. The walls were complete, however there were no doors on it yet so it was quite easy to get in and out. Took 2 souvenirs and left at 3:25am. Got back at 3:45am, as I took a different route along a path across the highway. I don't believe I was spotted, however there was a light on in the trailer on the opposite of the building that I entered from. Not sure if anyone was in it or not, but I didn't get any trouble. Now I have to think of somewhere good for my next op...
[This message has been edited by Chikushou (edited 07-24-2005).]
 #321 
Old 2005-07-24, 18:19
bloody knuckles bloody knuckles is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Okay. Ive got my first op planned out. Im going to my school via back yards and im going to have to get across a really busy street. After that its all easy all i have do is go through back yards and hop a few fences. Any ideas how to get across the street without being noticed. The time will be around midnight. Swim has a switch blade and an all black outfit. Swim is going to cut the mesh from the basket ball nets and bring it back home.
 #322 
Old 2005-07-24, 21:47
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Anyone got any tips for walking over dry leaves without making too much noise?
 #323 
Old 2005-07-25, 04:00
Melba666 Melba666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

A tip for walking on dry leaves is to use small, stabbing steps. The object is to get beneath the surface layer, you want to maintain a low hip posistion witht he weight on the front foot, pull the rear foot up, and let it glide over the spot where it will touch down.
The toe is to be pointed downward and dug straight in, passing through the surface slowly. After your heel has gone through, level out your foot so that the sole may come to rest on the ground beneath the leaves. Shift your weight onto this new leading foot, as the trailing foot is pulled out and moved forward into the next step.
This is known as the Ko Ashi technique of Ninjitsu
P.S. Going out on my first Night Ops in a few minutes, Planning on pad locking this gate at a public park, Will report on it later.
 #324 
Old 2005-07-25, 05:27
Melba666 Melba666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Holy Shit, Was that fun or what, the best adreniline rush of my life! I was succesful in my mission but I think I made a hella lot of noise. I could of swore I saw a ghost, I saw an outline of someone about 50 to my left, then I immeadiatly heard a little kid's laugh to my right, I sounded really close like 7 ft. away, so I looked that way didnt see anything so I turned back to my left and the outline was gone. This whole thing last under 10 sec. so I don't think whoever was there could run away and not have me see it.
 #325 
Old 2005-07-26, 03:53
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Chikushu, do you live in the central jersey area, you described a construction site very similar to one down the road from me, right down to the trailor with the light on inside and the highway.
And Melba, try not to think about scary stuff while on an op, ive had to go home once because i got too freaked out.
Believe it or not, im afraid of the dark http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
And another thing, im getting bored of night ops, can anyone give me any ideas of what to do on an op besides break into somewhere or mindless vandalism? Ive broken into almost every building around me (barring houses), and mindless vandalism isnt me.
ultramar100 ultramar100 is offline
franklin MA U.S Default i am a noob to NO - ive read a few pages of stuff anf have decided tommorow night or wednesday night i want to pull my 1st NO
I NEED ADVICE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD HAVE ON ME FOR 1ST NO
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
HOWS IS THIS FOR A MISSION? :
1. move to neighbors' house up the street through 4 backyards
2. tag tree with anarchist tag or some other symbol.. maybe i should make it unique to me? http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
3. Return safely yo house undetected...
Mission time : 11 pm or 12 pm (suggested times?

PLEASE RESPOND ALL TOTSEANS!!!111oneoneone ultramar100
 #326 
Old 2005-07-26, 05:28
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ultramar100:
i am a noob to NO - ive read a few pages of stuff anf have decided tommorow night or wednesday night i want to pull my 1st NO
I NEED ADVICE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD HAVE ON ME FOR 1ST NO
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
HOWS IS THIS FOR A MISSION? :
1. move to neighbors' house up the street through 4 backyards
2. tag tree with anarchist tag or some other symbol.. maybe i should make it unique to me? http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
3. Return safely yo house undetected...
Mission time : 11 pm or 12 pm (suggested times?
PLEASE RESPOND ALL TOTSEANS!!!111oneoneone I cant tell if you're serious. "11 pm or 12 pm" and "PLEASE RESPOND ALL TOTSEANS!!! 111oneoneone" kind of make me doubt you.
Anyway, wear aluminum foil and go out at 12pm.
Seriously, tell us if you're serious.
 #327 
Old 2005-07-26, 05:34
ultramar100 ultramar100 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Some Old Drunk Guy:

I cant tell if you're serious. "11 pm or 12 pm" and "PLEASE RESPOND ALL TOTSEANS!!! 111oneoneone" kind of make me doubt you.
Anyway, wear aluminum foil and go out at 12pm.
Seriously, tell us if you're serious.
last time i leave an unfinished a post IN FRONT OF MY DUMBASS FRIENDS
anyways typoes BY THEM! - "11pm or 12 AM"
also toseans 1111 (dumbass move
ok, i am serious, i repeat i am a noob, please respond I AM SERIOUS - i really wanna get this done
 #328 
Old 2005-07-26, 05:35
ultramar100 ultramar100 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ultramar100:
last time i leave an unfinished a post IN FRONT OF MY DUMBASS FRIENDS
anyways typoes BY THEM! - "11pm or 12 AM"
also toseans 1111 (dumbass move
ok, i am serious, i repeat i am a noob, please respond I AM SERIOUS - i really wanna get this done
ugh.. it still sounds noobish - the point is I AM SERIOUS
 #329 
Old 2005-07-26, 07:29
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ok.
Well, the op you have in mind is a good starter one.

As for what to wear, you could look in past posts for lists of what other people wear.
Since im not rich enough to buy BDUs, i wear black sports pants and a tight fitting black shirt. It does just as well as a BDU. Also, you may want to bring a backpack to put your paint and other supplies in. Just use your common sense actually, all of the above is.
As for shoes, i suggest just black sneakers. Boots are hard to run in IMO, and they can get annoying. Sneakers are light, quiet, and allow you to run as fast as possible.
 #330 
Old 2005-07-26, 10:05
Chikushou Chikushou is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Some Old Drunk Guy:
Chikushu, do you live in the central jersey area, you described a construction site very similar to one down the road from me, right down to the trailor with the light on inside and the highway. Heh, nowhere close to that. I'm up in western Canada. There was also more construction going on about 40m away from the building, however it was all dirt with only a slight bit of cement done, so I didn't feel like getting even muddier. In the end the buildings will be a Canadian Tire (think that's the one I visited) and a Save On Foods. I'll have to schedule another visit to the other construction site sometime.
 #331 
Old 2005-07-26, 11:32
derrodude derrodude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hey im like a long time reader here and first time posting, ive been on a few nite ops myself like going to construction sites and destroyings ppls houses and soforth and what really annoys me is backpacks what do u guys think of those tactical military vests in place of a backpack?
 #332 
Old 2005-07-26, 21:41
bloody knuckles bloody knuckles is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I need some help. In my op I have to get across a real busy street around 1 am. Any advice. There is a church adjecent(sp) to it with lots of bushes. I think im going to sprint then dive. It's actually the longest street in the world.
 #333 
Old 2005-07-26, 23:41
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

derrodude
Don't destroy people's houses without a good reason, you asshole.
Combat vests (although I only have a cheap one. I really like the Blackhawk Omega Medic variant), are brilliant for carrying radios and stuff and being able to access them quickly and reliably.
Bags are good for bigger things that you may have to take from one place to another.
Like swag.
bloody knuckles
Can't you just bring normal clothes and cross in those, then duck in somewhere?
 #334 
Old 2005-07-27, 01:47
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Only and idiot wouldn't know this already, but, NEVER, NEVER, get drunk or high before an op. Maybe once you are home. I'm thinking about using water boots for ops. I'm going to try and get a pair and test them out. They seem like they would give a little extra ankle support, but they are still light. Comments?
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline Regular
USSHB Vice-Head of Your Mom Default wear them and test them out. Do things that night ops require, such as climbing fences and sprinting. If they get in your way or somehow hinder you, dont wear them. Ive done this and i personally prefer shoes. The ankle support doesnt really overcome being able to run away and climb fences. Some Old Drunk Guy
 #335 
Old 2005-07-27, 06:54
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The combat boots I use are pretty well suited for running. I also need boots, because I tend to twist and sprain ankles.
 #336 
Old 2005-07-27, 13:42
Regular
 
run while you can ----->
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ive been into ops for the past 2 years and ive finaly decided to pull one tonight. My objective is my school, and im gonna set off an alarm and time how long it takes for security to arrive(in prep. for a future op)
My Equipment is --
Camo BDUs
Mini Magelite
Backpack(black/grey)
Water Bottle
Shoes(offer less protection but i can run in them)
Knife(small folding type)
Small first aid kit(just incase)
Thats basically what im taking for the op. I plan to jump my fence and follow the back streets to my school were i will enter using a key(the key opens all the padlocks for the gates)
Any suggestions??(post soon as i gotta get ready in 1 hr)
 #337 
Old 2005-07-27, 16:58
armadildo armadildo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

what major muscle groups or exercises are good for night ops?
 #338 
Old 2005-07-27, 18:50
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ultramar100:
i am a noob to NO - ive read a few pages of stuff anf have decided tommorow night or wednesday night i want to pull my 1st NO
I NEED ADVICE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I SHOULD HAVE ON ME FOR 1ST NO
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR
HOWS IS THIS FOR A MISSION? :
1. move to neighbors' house up the street through 4 backyards
2. tag tree with anarchist tag or some other symbol.. maybe i should make it unique to me? http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
3. Return safely yo house undetected...
Mission time : 11 pm or 12 pm (suggested times?
PLEASE RESPOND ALL TOTSEANS!!!111oneoneone Wear your birthday suit.
 #339 
Old 2005-07-27, 19:00
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I just had an idea. I am going to go on a noght op naked, wearing only boots, a shi mask and utility belt and get caught and get someone to film, as a kind of jackass clip. What do you think?
 #340 
Old 2005-07-27, 19:43
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

If you are serious, you are a fucking idiot.
 #341 
Old 2005-07-27, 19:59
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

...
I read pages 1, 8 and 7, and I almost died.
I appreciate nano's site that little bit more now...
Oh, I'm back. Doubtless most people here will not know of me. Not important, really.
SomeOldDrunkGuy, my first ops post for a while, I don't suppose you know where The Site members are posting while the forum's down, do you?
And, to business. A message to a lot of people here - you are not good operators.
Initiative. A skill, quality, trait, I don't care at the minute. Suffice it to say you will NEED it. If you don't even have the ability to decide on an operational target, how do you expect to ever become proficient at this?
Do you think, nanobot, Psychlonic, SentinelOwl, Distromnia and the rest decided they wanted to get into this, but had to ask where to go?
...
I respect the above names and the rest of our little community. One of the reasons is because they ask questions such as 'any ideas on how I could access this building while avoiding this security feature' and 'I can't pick this lock, might it have distorted tumblers'.
To my knowledge, they haven't said 'shall I go spraypaint the anarchy symbol on my neighbours' houses lol!!!!!111111!!!!!!! ('n00b' l337 was an embellishment, I admit).
...
I am disgusted.
And in the nature of most of my Night OPs III posts, on to the positive side of things.
Narukagami Warrior - if you have the time available to you, simply clear the leaves slowly as you move. Should this not be possible, try 'piercing' the surface of the leaves with your foot perpendicular to the ground, and walk like this. It's quite hard to at first, but take it slowly and spend a few weeks on it and you should have it perfected.
...
SG.
 #342 
Old 2005-07-27, 21:10
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey all,
Back from military camp, if you even noticed I was gone. I didn't have the chance to op... not alot of good cover. The place had a fair-sized night-time security team, that always makes it harder. As you can not manipulate humans as easy as say a camera or sensor. Plus I was on like the 3rd/4th floor. Scouting the place, there wasn't any really good cover. It would have been fun though, alot of offices... old places (this is St. Johns Northwestern military academy if anyone cares) its like 100+ years old. Families live on campus. I did pack my gear in hopes that I could Op but the chance never came. I may make the commute back on a roadtrip of sorts... to OP the place without the binds of being a camper, I have two maps of the area and over 2 weeks residence in the campus to work off of. No camera's, no sensors... pretty nice size campus, p-ball field, armory, climbing, rapelling wall, o-course, dorms, houses, golf carts, golf course... hours and hours of fun.
Hopefully I'll get to go back or someone in delafield wisconsin will hit it.
ResdogMrwhite
"Missed opportunities"
 #343 
Old 2005-07-27, 22:15
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

There is a building near me. From the street, it appears abandoned, no cars, no people. It has lights on. Computers on. My team did daytime recon on it, we looked inside, some windows were open.(the windows that open at a tilt) We looked in all of them, and didn't see any people. We did another recon on it that night, 2-3am. Still no people. Computers and lights still on. Could people be there? We spent atleast 45minutes, to an hour both times, looking around. Never saw one person, or a car. There is graffiti on one of the walls, and it has a few smily faces drawn in dust on the outside of the windows. I think it is merely for storage. But then why would lights and computers be on? I'm very confused by this building.
tolnam tolnam is offline
Default Good you're back, Chaos; I was sure Psyclonic was the only serious opper left. tolnam
 #344 
Old 2005-07-27, 22:58
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey chaos, missed you.
Im not really sure where the other people from nanos site (which i REALLY miss) post, but i have been posting here. I too am sick of the amuetureness (since im used to nanos site) thats been going on here, but i think the point of this topic is to educate and help out newcomers. They have no idea what is considered a good op or a pointless op. Thats what us, the experienced oppers, are for.
A rookie isnt going to go break into a place when they have no expierence of even being outside at night, since it's a completely different enviroment.
 #345 
Old 2005-07-27, 23:08
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I don't know what to think of the building. It stands to reason that people are there (or at least frequently visit) if there's lights and computers on. However, it seems to me that if you didn't see anyone, there's graffiti, and no cars are parked, there's nobody home. It might be possible that everything is left on to prevent possible theft of the computers. I think, if you wanted to op this building, you could do so easily. It's probably storage for computers or something expensive like that. Otherwise, the owner most likely would not have left all those electronics on.
 #346 
Old 2005-07-27, 23:09
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Actually, alot of rookies, probably do break into places when they don't have experience. Those rookies, are also known as, stupid noobs. A *smart rookie isn't going to break into a place when they have no experience.
My previous post, about the building. I'm just going to assume people are in it and not investigate any further.
 #347 
Old 2005-07-28, 00:13
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'd go for it sanity... check out whats on the computers, find some good stuff. Make sure you do it right and keep safe though, thats it you listen to my plea to go on the op. I think it would be fun.
 #348 
Old 2005-07-28, 02:06
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
Actually, alot of rookies, probably do break into places when they don't have experience. Those rookies, are also known as, stupid noobs. A *smart rookie isn't going to break into a place when they have no experience.
My previous post, about the building. I'm just going to assume people are in it and not investigate any further. Thats exactly what im getting at. My point is, the people who are going to spraypaint some anarchist symbol (however cheesy that may be) on a tree for their first op have the right idea of what a night op is. It isnt car shopping or breaking some window and running away. My first op was to go through everyones backyard to the end of my block and back under half an hour. You could call that noobish, but hey, i was a noob at that time. Now, im almost perfect at disabling alarms and sneaking by people who are 10 feet away from me.
Ultramar, the person who i was referring to earlier, could get to be this good if he doesnt turn into a petty thief like 90% of the people in the past NO topics.
Also, im planning an op tonight: Recon
There is a building that has cars parked all around it, but there isnt anyone inside. I want to know what the deal with this building is. I know nothing besides that, so tonight i will learn all i can.
Leaving at 1AM.
 #349 
Old 2005-07-28, 02:09
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
My previous post, about the building. I'm just going to assume people are in it and not investigate any further. One of the rules about NOing is to never assume.
 #350 
Old 2005-07-28, 02:36
Orranis Orranis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey, this thought just crossed my mind, so I thought that maybe I'd ask here just in case anyone's ever tried something like this. My idea for an "op" is fairly simple, though there is a pretty sizable chance of my getting caught.
Basically, the setting is a typical college dorm building, particularly a small wing, with fire escapes. I was thinking about this because I'm due in for college up in PA in the fall, and my malltime shoplifting sprees are really going to be limited... because there aren't any malls. There will, however, be alot of cash, alchohol, and electronics. So, I think I'll create a diversion somewhere, maybe outside? A fire perhaps? Or maybe I'll wait until some big party or something like that. I'll scope the dorms out for a week maybe, taking note of it's occupants and their neighbours, wait until they're gone, pick the lock, leave the window completely open, pillage what I can (probably disguised), and leave by way of the fire escape, to the top of the building and down the other side perhaps. Of course, this will all be at night.
Okay, so what do you all think? I've never done anything like this before, so if I could have a little help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.
 #351 
Old 2005-07-28, 03:03
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

How's this for an NO?
In the city near me, On the riverfornt, there is a park. east of this park, there is a dock area. Usually there are a few boats here. My plan is to go at night, the only people around are bums and drunks, sneak onto one or two of the boats, maybe steal something. But my main purpose is just for the thrill of sneaking around undetected. I originally thought of defacing a boat, but that seemed childish.
 #352 
Old 2005-07-28, 03:52
black_light black_light is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

To the person that was asking about what muscle groups to work, legs legs legs legs legs. All your doing is running and climbing a majority of the time. espically when you are squat running, this will fucking kill your legs unless you are used to it. Squats will make your legs alot stronger. If you do alot of climbing then obviously upper body as well but dont go lifting weights, pratice climbing things as this will work the muscles you need, not just bulk up your muscles to look pretty. And im glad this chaos penguin guy came back becuase i was reading this shit and laughing my ass off as well. who the fuck go and trys to take a flower or a fruit, thats just fucking stupid and hilarious IMHO. I pretty much go out every night, usually it is to get drunk but on ocasion we do an op and it is fun as hell. Just by being outside at night alot you become used to it ALOT more then if you just sneak out for ops. Just make sure that if you go with people teach them basic shit like shadows, hiding, motion lights, not walking like a fucking horse, etc.

[This message has been edited by black_light (edited 07-28-2005).]

Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline Regular

Tennessee Default You are an idiot. No offense. Sanity0verRated
 #353 
Old 2005-07-28, 04:34
black_light black_light is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

why, its not like i actually did it.
 #354 
Old 2005-07-28, 04:52
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:
And im glad this chaos penguin guy came back becuase i was reading this shit and laughing my ass off as well. who the fuck go and trys to take a flower or a fruit, thats just fucking stupid and hilarious IMHO. I generally dont like to insult people on a forum, but you're fucking stupid. Tell me, what was your first solo op? You have no right to make fun of someone for their first op. It's called baby steps. NOing is a pretty risky hobby, getting caught could potentially mess up the next five or ten years of your life. Those people who are just picking a flower realize this and want to gain some experience before they take the next step and attempt their first B&E. Also, they are also taking note of their neighborhoods layout and practicing stealth.
Quote: quote:I pretty much go out every night, usually it is to get drunk That just annoyed me. Thought id mention.
Quote: quote:
but on ocasion we do an op and it is fun as hell. Just by being outside at night alot you become used to it ALOT more then if you just sneak out for ops. Just make sure that if you go with people teach them basic shit like shadows, hiding, motion lights, not walking like a fucking horse, etc.
Well, i suppose, but just being outside at night is alot different than being in a building you just broke into at night.
Your advice about teaching basics to your partners is good...but you should go furthur than basics. You should atleast teach him basic alarm bypassing. Ill give you guys a link to a very useful resource. It taught me most of what i know.
You also need to assure him that if someone sees you, it isnt the end of the world, you just hightail it out of there. Also, if you get chased, be it the cops or a civilian, you stop for no reason, unless you fell and broke your ankle causing you to vomit all over yourself.
The first and last time i NOed with a partner, we got seen by a civilian in there house going through their backyard. My partner just stood there, i had to shout to get him out of it. From then on, i vowed to go solo.
Useful link: http://tinyurl.com/dvoux
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 07-28-2005).]
 #355 
Old 2005-07-28, 05:38
ark_gamer ark_gamer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think partners are a bad idea. Miscommunication alone can get you caught, not to mention questions about how trustworthy your partner actually is. I'd rather go it alone.
 #356 
Old 2005-07-28, 06:23
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

It depends on the op. Sometimes you need a partner.
 #357 
Old 2005-07-28, 06:24
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Going out on the NO now. Just a good 'ole recon mission. Solo, of course. 1:24AM ET.
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 07-28-2005).]
 #358 
Old 2005-07-28, 06:26
armadildo armadildo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

thanks for the tips on squatting
i've been rock-climbing - can kinda smear, can't really dyno or boulder yet though. and is mastering swimming a good investment? like ... oh say less than 40 sec for a 50 any stroke?
 #359 
Old 2005-07-28, 06:38
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

ChaosPenquin!! man i missed you, you were alwase awsome here at night ops and like me and others have said Night Ops started to SUCK and be flooded with all these noobs around NO-IV if i remember correctly, anywase i just wanted to say welcome back, and to ask where you went?
But on topic here, I need to get past an infared (?) light beam that sets off an alarm but i cant see it and i cant see the emmitters, i know this isnt hollywood but is their some sort of spray I can make that will allow me to see the beams so i dont trip them?
and about the rubber boots: i found it not to work so well, The rubber was too slippery on the sides and i couldnt get good traction while crawling and their SHINY! well at least mine were, I prefer a good pair of black hiking or combat boots
[This message has been edited by Heelios (edited 07-28-2005).]
 #360 
Old 2005-07-28, 16:02
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

*Respectfully nods to a few people*
As to where I've been, nowhere. It's just that I only usually appear on the forums during school holidays, as I spend almost all of my time either persuing my Ninjutsu studies or with my girlfriend. Some life :-)
Anyway, to the first op thing... that was never really the issue, the point I was trying to make was that a lot of people are asking questions that they have the answer to. Night Ops has a nasty habit of getting infuriating like that.
To business. If you suspect passive IR devices, and you're certain it's movement, not heat signature, sensitive, inhalers will do well. It is possible that should the scene be investigated they can find evidence of this and investigate medical records (especially ventolin inhalers, as their spray is denser than the others). However, any spray should work, if you've ever seen light rarefracting through mist in the morning, you'll get the theory behind infrared detection. Is there no way to your objective that bypasses the sensors, though?
And, my first op for a while. The plan is to leave my grounds, passing the stable (not a problem, the horses are familiar with me) and emerging near a lone shop. I'll be climbing this and setting up my latest toy. Then I'll be moving down to (I hate to say it...) a house. I'll pry open the skylight, drop in and check for conscious occupants. They have a... security record that merits caution, so I will be taking a staff. Anyway, the objective is to find the panic room I've been hearing about and ascertain what equipment I'll need to penetrate it. Recently I've seen a few non-descript but large

vans entering the property, so I believe this could be involved. If I can't find the room, or it does not exist, I will just gain access to the study (been there before, always kept secure for some reason, probably the large stash of porn taped behind the bookcases) and acquire another psychology textbook for my collection.
Approaching the house is just a matter of avoiding the PIR lights and a German Sheperd, nothing difficult. The only thing I'm worried about is the large amount of alcohol around my area at the moment, my 17 year old uncle having just thrown a large party. It's possible the children of the house will be up and drunk.
Should be fun. Hehe. Oh, and it's nice to see The Site have such a positive influence on some people.
As a reference for the newbies here, go to op.websiteallies.com and read Psychlonic's The Way of the Shadow. Psychlonic, while having a very brute force attitude to some problems that I disagree with, is a VERY experienced and knowledgeable operator and his guide will answer almost any question you have.
Happy hunting, people. I may try London soon, btw. 14 year old testing the security services and such. Anyway... SG.
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline Regular
Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by ChaosPenguin:
*Respectfully nods to a few people*
As to where I've been, nowhere. It's just that I only usually appear on the forums during school holidays, as I spend almost all of my time either persuing my Ninjutsu studies or with my girlfriend. Some life :-)
Anyway, to the first op thing... that was never really the issue, the point I was trying to make was that a lot of people are asking questions that they have the answer to. Night Ops has a nasty habit of getting infuriating like that.
To business. If you suspect passive IR devices, and you're certain it's movement, not heat signature, sensitive, inhalers will do well. It is possible that should the scene be investigated they can find evidence of this and investigate medical records (especially ventolin inhalers, as their spray is denser than the others). However, any spray should work, if you've ever seen light rarefracting through mist in the morning, you'll get the theory behind infrared detection. Is there no way to your objective that bypasses the sensors, though?
And, my first op for a while. The plan is to leave my grounds, passing the stable (not a problem, the horses are familiar with me) and emerging near a lone shop. I'll be climbing this and setting up my latest toy. Then I'll be moving down to (I hate to say it...) a house. I'll pry open the skylight, drop in and check for conscious occupants. They have a... security record that merits caution, so I will be taking a staff. Anyway, the objective is to find the panic room I've been hearing about and ascertain what equipment I'll need to penetrate it. Recently I've seen a few non-descript but large vans entering the property, so I believe this could be involved. If I can't find the room, or it does not exist, I will just gain access to the study (been there before, always kept secure for some reason, probably the large stash of porn taped behind the bookcases) and acquire another psychology textbook for my collection.

Approaching the house is just a matter of avoiding the PIR lights and a German Sheperd, nothing difficult. The only thing I'm worried about is the large amount of alcohol around my area at the moment, my 17 year old uncle having just thrown a large party. It's possible the children of the house will be up and drunk.
Should be fun. Hehe. Oh, and it's nice to see The Site have such a positive influence on some people.
As a reference for the newbies here, go to op.websiteallies.com and read Psychlonic's The Way of the Shadow. Psychlonic, while having a very brute force attitude to some problems that I disagree with, is a VERY experienced and knowledgeable operator and his guide will answer almost any question you have.
Happy hunting, people. I may try London soon, btw. 14 year old testing the security services and such. Anyway... SG. ChaosPenguin - post pics of yourself please. I want to see what a pro opper looks like.
Dark Kaiser
 #361 
Old 2005-07-28, 20:26
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

To which he replies...
No. Fuck off.
SG.
 #362 
Old 2005-07-28, 22:47
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ok, my first and LAST (hopefully) compromised NO.
My initial mission went smoothly, check out building, look in building, gather data. That was done.
So i decided that 10 minutes out in the field doesnt constitute an op.
I went on over to a construction site ive been to alot. Went inside, looked around, came out....and i hear this voice shout, in the intimidating new york accent, "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE!". I, whose never been seen before, freak out and sprint out of the place, when i trip on a pile of rocks, literally flip, and scrape the shit out of my back. IT hurts like hell, ill probably have a HUGE bruise. So im getting out of there when i see a police SUV drive up the parking lot im running through. It didnt see me, the cop was probably going to go talk to the guy. But i sprint down the railroad track that goes from the construction site to my part of town (of course i had a emergency plan, i plan ops to death). The cop must have heard me sprinting down the track when he got out because when i got to the baseball fields(which is where i turn off the

track to get to my section of town), i see headlights coming up the road. The headlights havent hit me yet, so i sprint out of the fields to the backyards across the street. As im making my way through the backyards, i see another police car, but the car had no chance of seeing me because i was no where near the road, and the car was already passed me. I sprinted across the road, sprinted across another road, and here i am, at my house. Ha, they just drove by my house. Theyll never catch me.
 #363 
Old 2005-07-29, 00:08
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

is it just me, or does the official op forum not work still.
 #364 
Old 2005-07-29, 03:15
tolnam tolnam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

They may not catch you, but they will be looking for someone at least for the next two weeks.
In your case, I would take a break, plan some more ops, and stay in shape (but I'm a cautious son of a bitch).
 #365 
Old 2005-07-29, 03:49
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I finally got my balaclava. I LOVE it compared to my piece of shit cotton, wal-mart ski-mask. I'm posting this, because I've been stuck with my shitty ski-mask since I started ops, now I have a good one. I'm curious, what do each of you use, and does it change depending on ops?
 #366 
Old 2005-07-29, 05:54
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Actually, since they are undoubtedly upping their patrols, i might use this to practice my stealth. Ops get sort of boring when you have no enemies, so ill use this time wisely.
my only problem is that since i live in a small town, and the guy who saw me probably described me as a teenager, i have to watch out for the police when im outside during the day, and basically act like a retard if one comes up to me.
 #367 
Old 2005-07-29, 06:05
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My former group and I used to use paintball masks, they produced more problems than help. They had wonderful concealment but...
1. they slipped off easily
2. fogged easily
3. After about 1/3 of my group was caught in a choatic NO gone terribly terribly wrong... my detained accomplices were charged with "being in possesion of burgulary tools" just for wearing a mask and carrying a multitool (yes, I know the multi-tool is... but a MASK???)
I've since then revised my NOing uniform drastically... literally into a uniform, I now wear a full length wood camo BDU blouse and BDU wood camo pants. Military style boots (very quiet, compare to my "nike air") As for face concealment, I use an ever growing supply of face paint... brown/green/black and if I am desperate and haven't been able to get to the surplus store, dark blue. Usually full face solid or a woodland pattern, doesn't fall off like a mask, doesnt restrict movement, doesn't fog and hopefully doesn't constitute as a "burgulary tool" and yes I have also decided to leave my multi-tool out of rotation. I use a few swiss army knifes which are just as good as multi-tools (one with a USB port http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif ) and dont constitute and burgulary tools... so kiss my ass boys in blue, I found a way around your nazi-esque laws and come May 5th I wont be under the tyranny of the oppressive curfew set in place by the fat cat politicians of our county... so they will have no choice but to let me go! Unless I am trespassing I suppose... damn.
ResdogMrwhite
"I love how the whole 2nd part of my post was self-reassuring one-sided dialogue that never even panned out in my success in the end"
 #368 
Old 2005-07-29, 06:30
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Na op.websiteallies.com isn't working for me either.

Face wise: a balaclava, or beanie(for better ventilation/vision)
I'll probably be buying a new one since my current one heats you up like a bitch.
SODG: They probably won't do shit unless you've stolen heaps or caused damage.
 #369 
Old 2005-07-29, 07:06
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I love the laziness of todays society. They could EASILY get me if they just got some freakin graphite or something. Lazy bitches.
Anyway, i learned to remember my gloves from now on. That way, i dont have to worry about things like this.
Im already planning another op. It involves the building i did recon on. Ill first have to disable a security light (easy shit), then ill break a small window on the door and unlock it. Boom, im in. Of course, i cant see more than what what the windows let me see, but i didnt see any alarm control panel or anything. I will, of course, be on the lookout for motion sensors, cameras, etc.
this op might not take place for a while though because of my incident last night. Itll atleast be 4 or 5 days.
Heelios Heelios is offline
Default Some old drunk guy, i remember once something similer happened to me and their were regular police partols in my neighborhood from then on but i simply started hitting on neighborhoods going on a main road west of my neighborhood. Not NOing just making a desterbance and it worked, it looked just like some people were moving through town being assholes. You might want to give it a try. Heelios
 #370 
Old 2005-07-29, 08:05
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The patrols in my town are really irregular. They have no pattern what-so-ever. When i first started opping (back in december), they had a SUV that drove around town all night, then after a week of opping (couple days into january), the patrols just stopped. The night was police free. Then, in the beginning of february, i noticed a police cruiser driving around all night, that stopped too after a week or so. Then, in april, i noticed during spring break (where i opped every night) that i saw a cruiser once, and it was going back to the station from the highway. In may i occasionally saw a cruiser, but not every night on patrol. June, there was some patroling, but not

every night i was out. Now, im pretty sure that after i had taunted them by getting away after they knew where i was, there will be patrols atleast for a week. Im not worried.
The reason why i think the patrols are so irregular is because i live in a small town, with only 4,500 people. And, the town is only 1 square mile. They either dont think its worth the effort to patrol everynight, or dont have the funds to.
Id just like to say one more time, the police will NEVER catch me. See me, maybe, but not catch me.
 #371 
Old 2005-07-29, 08:58
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You know, they're going to catch you now, just because you said that. My neighborhood is patrolled because it is the ghetto.
 #372 
Old 2005-07-29, 15:03
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You opped with gloves!?!?!????!?!?!!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!!!? ?!?!???!??!?!!?!?...
Right.
Oh yeah, Sanity, do the police in your area have uzis? Preferably the AR version.
Think yourselves lucky - it's VERY rare to get a target with human security over here. Police don't drive around the streets at night, and almost nowhere invests in security guards. Oh well.
To... Sanity again? Ummmm... when the op site gets back up, my equivalent to TWotS should be up. Most of the time I use scarves (Put my face in the middle, pull it around the sides so it covers the back of my neck, pull the ends round again so it covers the front, then tie them in a knot and tuck them in to the back of the mask), that goes with a beanie. Sometimes I use a full shozoku mask, but I only op in my shozoku when there are people around, should I get seen (which I have been now, though I wanted to be) the site of a ninja should confuse the opposition for a moment. Also points towards the Jinenkan dojo in my area, which I don't attend. And occassionally, when an operation feautures no cameras at all, I will op with just my Ritual Hat (my beloved dark black beanie, leaves my eyes in shadow most of the time). EVERYONE SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR MASKS - I pit my trust in years of experience and sheer arrogance. Camo paint will not do - I've used it, and while helpful when in camo, to use it instead of a mask does not work. You can try playing with the colours to distort the facial structure, but through our experimentation, it's not sufficient.

A note for a lot of people, seeing as I think it may be happening again. Urban and Subdued Urban BDUs are the pointless thing man has ever conceived. In urban areas, where things are made out of regular shapes and solid shadows, you do not want irregular patterns such as camo. Save it for rural ops only, please.
My two yen. SG.
 #373 
Old 2005-07-29, 16:25
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Two Questions: First, since na.websiteallies.com seems to be down, are there any other good NO sites I can go on?
Second, for those of you who go on team ops, How many people are with you?
 #374 
Old 2005-07-29, 17:33
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

How would you all like it if i set up a temporary forum to go on until nanos site is back up? Im only doing it if i get enough positive responses.
 #375 
Old 2005-07-29, 19:43
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:You opped with gloves!?!?!????!?!?!!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!!!? ?!?!???!??!?!!?!?...
Right. Wtf is that supposed to mean...
How would posting my towns patrol patterns get me caught? There are tons of small, 1 square mile towns too. The patrol patterns i posted probably arent even accurate, there are just to give the idea that the police dont patrol on a regular basis.
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 07-29-2005).]
 #376 
Old 2005-07-29, 19:54
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

It's just a normal patrol car, so I doubt they have anything more than pistols. All of my gear is black. Black SWAT boots, black BDU's(top and bottom), black coolmax, black gloves, black balaclava, even black socks, and when I can, black underwear. My knives are all black, and I've used electrical tape to make my flashlights black, but with red lenses. I also hate the urban camo.
 #377 
Old 2005-07-29, 20:15
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yeah, I meant without...
Anyway, fenderboy, it's been a while. Seems like a good idea, if we can get the news to the rest. Cool.
Oh, and JUST pistols. I like it.
SG.
 #378 
Old 2005-07-29, 20:41
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

oh.
Well, i originally intended to just do the recon op, so i didnt think it would be worth bringing gloves.
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline Regular
USSHB Vice-Head of Your Mom Default oh.
Well, i originally intended to just do the recon op, so i didnt think it would be worth bringing gloves.
 #379 
Old 2005-07-29, 22:28
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Gloves do more than conceal fingerprints...they offer protection for your hands(varies with the gloves, because protection is usually only needed when climbing fences or something) and they cover up your skin, to help hide you. Always wear gloves. Always wear a mask. Never wear shorts, or short sleeves.
 #380 
Old 2005-07-29, 22:32
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Meh, the 'least' I've opped in was without a mask (just the Ritual Hat) and a T-shirt.
Gloves point made though, let this be a lesson to us all.
Now people, a request. Pressure fenderboy with me, if you would :-)
SG.
 #381 
Old 2005-07-29, 23:02
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

2 questions before i become ambitious, im going to use phpBB is that fine? and can i use geocities or do i have to use something else?
ALSO
i cant figure out how the fuck to set it up
[This message has been edited by fenderboy947 (edited 07-29-2005).]
 #382 
Old 2005-07-29, 23:38
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You're going to have to get a whole bunch of security measures and stuff like Alex ( i cant remember his username) did. He used websiteallies.com ... which is down.
ok, so anyway, Opping w/o a mask is extremely risky, ill never do it. Gloves though, there isnt really much i need to protect my hands from, and i can just pull my sleeves over my hands if someone is looking around for me.
Im opping with gloves from now on though.
For a new topic, what weather do you guys prefer to op in?
I like 65, cloudy, maybe a drizzle in the summer. In the winter, it has to be over 25 or else im not going out.
I prefer winter Ops over summer Ops. Mostly because people dont have their windows open and there isnt a poison ivy or spider webs (I FREAKING HATE SPIDER WEBS)
 #383 
Old 2005-07-30, 02:50
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

okay i give up on the forum unless someone can tell me how to do it. i lack the technical skills of nanobot. sorry....
 #384 
Old 2005-07-30, 05:16
Sir.Shadow Sir.Shadow is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

On the subject of gloves make sure your gloves are normal every day gloves that you can "buy" from any wallmart. If in your Op you leave some cloth from your glove, and the people really really want to catch you fro some reason, get a hold of this cloth, if it is anything special it will narrow down the list of people who could op on you. Yes it's still hard to track you, but soo much easier if your gloves are made of a special material.
 #385 
Old 2005-07-30, 05:35
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

NANOBOT!!! thank you! *thumbs up*
I use some gloves i found in my basement. Nothing special.
Despite the police swarming the streets, i will still be pulling off an op tonight. However, this isnt the one ive been mentioning before. Im not going to do that until things have cooled down. Tonights op will be me basically taking notes on the police. Their movements, their patrol routes, and what they think im capable of.
This op is extremely risky, and i will probably be only out for a half hour. Im leaving in about an hour from now, so if anyone has advice, tell me.
 #386 
Old 2005-07-30, 07:13
Nuclearsurgery Nuclearsurgery is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Chloroform perhaps?
some older handheld water guns release the water as a spray instead of a stream so if you can fill one of these with chloroform and get the gun at maximum pressure you might be able to knock somebody out.
This is just something I thought of now so I don't know if this would be effective or not...
 #387 
Old 2005-07-30, 10:44
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by fenderboy947:
okay i give up on the forum unless someone can tell me how to do it. i lack the technical skills of nanobot. sorry....
no forums last, they all get taken down. There is basically no point in trying to make a forum unless you have some arrangement where you can make sure it wont get taken down, sites that host them for free dont like the topics associated with night opping.
Spatula Tzar Spatula Tzar is offline Regular

A constant state of depression Default If you want a free, secure, and best of all anonymous web server/forum, check out Tor.
It allows you to host a webserver through an encrypted tunneling proxy. It's virtually untraceable.
Tor rocks for anonymous surfing too. Spatula Tzar
 #388 
Old 2005-07-30, 12:38
Moderator
 
Greenville SC
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm thinking about doing an heavy op. I have a few questions.
I'm thinking of working my way inside of a golfing country club building. Its VERY large and upscale. From what I have seen by visual, there are no cameras outside.
1. Do you think they have cameras inside?
2. Do you think there would be enough cash inside to deem this a worthy cause?
3. Generally, how long does it take for police to arrive after a silent alarm has been set off?
 #389 
Old 2005-07-30, 12:49
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Golf courses tend to be more worried about the vandalism of the course - a safe way to say it might be that if they patrol the course, the cameras will be watched. If they don't, the cameras are probably not monitored. If they are, escape isn't too hard.
Money... *turns up nose*
Night police varies - in a busy area they will be more worried about all the rape and murder we seem to be suffering today, smaller places get quicker responses (if the station is open 24 hours a day, I've encountered some that aren't...).
However, it may not be police, probably an external security company. The signal gets sent to them and they'll either send someone over or, if they already have people inside, ring them and confirm that everything's okay.
If you can go into more detail, I can too, btw.

Sir.Shadow... the logic makes sense and yet has one horrible flaw... would you rather operate in a pair of cotton gloves so that 'no one can trace you' or a pair of black kevlar gloves with neoprene knuckles that allow you the dexterity and grip of your bare hands, minus the prints?
...
SG.
 #390 
Old 2005-07-30, 22:27
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

anyone know some good paypal sites for buying NO stuff(gloves, bdus, masks, etc.)?
 #391 
Old 2005-07-30, 22:57
Nocturnal Variant Nocturnal Variant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Nano, what happened to your site? I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but looking through 8 pages takes me around 10 minutes(viruses, and the new totse layout) so I refuse
 #392 
Old 2005-07-30, 23:06
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Nano told me that website allies was updating their site, when they seriously fucked it up and crashed everything. Now, they basically have to work from the ground up to bring all of the sites back online. Until then, we have to wait.
And surfing totse takes me forever too, i feel like a 56k user.
Edit: Oh, and on average, or atleast every time i purposefully set off an alarm, the police take about 5 minutes to get to the scene.
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 07-30-2005).]
 #393 
Old 2005-07-31, 00:16
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

A good place to buy stuff is actiongear.com or eBay.
Those are pretty much what I use for normal stuff.
 #394 
Old 2005-07-31, 00:36
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

but actiongear doesnt accept paypal does it?
 #395 
Old 2005-07-31, 04:08
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

..wow
To the construction site person..I think, if there was no damage they wouldn't really 'swarm' the streets in search of you for weeks. Sorry but it's just the way I think, Heh.
ChaosPenguin, glad to see you around.
 #396 
Old 2005-07-31, 06:41
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Has anyone ever done a "minute man" Night Operation? literally spur of the moment surge of randomness... throw your gear together in a minute and head out? I just had the urge to go on one 12:38 AM... I saw something outside my house on the street, sparkling sequence green, red, yellow. Totally against my better judgement, I am going bare minimum, BDU's, combat boots, BDU cap, no face paint, gloves, flashlight. This is just a mini recon... but still a night op in a sense right??? maybe not. I'll repost to tell you what the fuck is out on my street if I dont get abducted or some shit.
ResdogMrwhite
"Mysterious shiny sequence colors at midnight only tempt me even more to go outside"
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline

Regular
USSHB Vice-Head of Your Mom Default lol
The swarm thing was supposed to be funny. I guess it doesnt work in a message board.
Anyway, i need a way to attract the police while im out. I was just out for a hour and a half, and i didnt see one cop. I want to see what they think im capable of. Im not a big fan of vandalism, and it probably wouldnt work anyway. I need to do something that will attract the police right away.
Ideas? Should i break an alarmed window and hide about 200 yards away, wait for them to check it out, and as theyre about to get back in the car, jump out and wave to them? Thats all i can think of for now.
Thing is, i need them to see me. This op is an extremely risky one.
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 07-31-2005).] Some Old Drunk Guy
 #397 
Old 2005-07-31, 09:50
carbo carbo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Some Old Drunk Guy:
Anyway, i need a way to attract the police while im out. You could try holding out a leg, or maybe putting on some extra eye liner.
 #398 
Old 2005-07-31, 10:34
elewton elewton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I have to say, that is hilarious. BI people aren't usually funny, but my hat goes off to you sir.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by fenderboy947:
but actiongear doesnt accept paypal does it? Yeah. It does.
 #399 
Old 2005-07-31, 13:36
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Some Old Drunk Guy - first select a road with a 90 degree corner, if possible. This reduces the chance of your roadblock beng seen too early. Bin bags are a good one. Shoot at the car, or quickly assemble some more roadblocks with prepared bag cach�s. When the police can't move it offends their sense of self importance. Or, with the window thing, pick a window that they can't get their car to. When they get out, attack the car. Cover it in paint thinner and turps or something. Then burn it AND watch cook the bacon, as they say here.
You could try a HARDMAN and attack the police station, but so far as I remember he covered one car in loo roll and ended up in a tree beseiged by dog units.
Fenderboy, I'm a fan of bcbin.com, most people swear by cheaperthandirt.com though.
Oh, yeah, SODG... why the Nanobot!!!! Yes!!!! thing earlier?
Meh. CP.
 #400 
Old 2005-07-31, 17:26
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ChaosPenguin:
Some Old Drunk Guy - first select a road with a 90 degree corner, if possible. This reduces the chance of your roadblock beng seen too early. Bin bags are a good one. Shoot at the car, or quickly assemble some more roadblocks with prepared bag cach�s. When the police can't move it offends their sense of self importance. Or, with the window thing, pick a window that they can't get their car to. When they get out, attack the car. Cover it in paint thinner and turps or something. Then burn it AND watch cook the bacon, as they say here.
You could try a HARDMAN and attack the police station, but so far as I remember he covered one car in loo roll and ended up in a tree beseiged by dog units.
Fenderboy, I'm a fan of bcbin.com, most people swear by cheaperthandirt.com though.
Oh, yeah, SODG... why the Nanobot!!!! Yes!!!! thing earlier?
Meh. CP. Whats a bin bag? And make a road block with what? Im not gonna burn a cop car to death because i dont agree with that, plus itll raise taxes because we live in a small town.
Carbo, thumbs up.
I did the "NANOBOT!!!! YES!!!" thing because fenderboy reminded of his name. I couldnt remember it earlier.

I do remember hardmans post in NO4. Funny stuff....couldnt help but feel bad for him though.
 #401 
Old 2005-07-31, 17:28
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ChaosPenguin:
Some Old Drunk Guy - first select a road with a 90 degree corner, if possible. This reduces the chance of your roadblock beng seen too early. Bin bags are a good one. Shoot at the car, or quickly assemble some more roadblocks with prepared bag cach�s. When the police can't move it offends their sense of self importance. Or, with the window thing, pick a window that they can't get their car to. When they get out, attack the car. Cover it in paint thinner and turps or something. Then burn it AND watch cook the bacon, as they say here.
You could try a HARDMAN and attack the police station, but so far as I remember he covered one car in loo roll and ended up in a tree beseiged by dog units.
Fenderboy, I'm a fan of bcbin.com, most people swear by cheaperthandirt.com though.
Oh, yeah, SODG... why the Nanobot!!!! Yes!!!! thing earlier?
Meh. CP. Whats a bin bag? And make a road block with what? Im not gonna burn a cop car to death because i dont agree with that, plus itll raise taxes because we live in a small town.
Carbo, thumbs up.
I did the "NANOBOT!!!! YES!!!" thing because fenderboy reminded of his name. I couldnt remember it earlier.
I do remember hardmans post in NO4. Funny stuff....couldnt help but feel bad for him though.
 #402 
Old 2005-07-31, 18:05
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I like www.actiongear.com they have a pretty good selection. What im looking for is a cheap ski mask or balaclava and some kevlar gloves, but i need to recieve them without my parents knowing. Would these be good gloves? http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/ta...tam?uu=8970654
 #403 
Old 2005-07-31, 20:39
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My make that visit tonight...
Anyway, a bin bag is a large, black, thin plastic bag that people fill with household refuse and debris. America is missing out. I find it hard to kill cars, so I'd settle for just removing the paint and setting a low temp flame going on the bonnet / hood / whatever you call it.
Fenderboy, I believe so. Personally, I'm rather taken to leather gloves atm, but that's irrelavant. Delivery - a friend? Or, even better, a dead drop. Good espionage skill to have, totse probably has a few files on it in Bad Ideas.
*Ponders*
*And leaves slowly*
SG.
 #404 
Old 2005-07-31, 22:10
nanobot nanobot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

sorry i have been on but i have been "out" of town for abit the websiteallies web is dead the whole place so sorry to you all i have it all on back up now so if anyone wants to make a new site it is all here.
 #405 
Old 2005-08-01, 02:31
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

well, i would just get the stuff sent to my house but our mail arrives when my mom is home and im not, unless i recieve it before august 25th(which most likely wont happen, seeing as i currently have no method of payment....im 14). An uninhabited house's mailbox could be a good idea but i dont know of any in my area. Or amybe i could have it sent to another house where i can pick it up before the owner does, but your average person gets home around 5, and i wont be getting home from school until 6(football practice). I need to figure something out.........
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline Regular
USSHB Vice-Head of Your Mom Default Quote:

quote:Originally posted by nanobot:
sorry i have been on but i have been "out" of town for abit the websiteallies web is dead the whole place so sorry to you all i have it all on back up now so if anyone wants to make a new site it is all here. Im confused. Are you saying that websiteallies is dead and not coming back and our site is lost forever?
Nice to see you back, nano.
Some Old Drunk Guy
 #406 
Old 2005-08-01, 03:48
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by black_light:
To the person that was asking about what muscle groups to work, legs legs legs legs legs. All your doing is running and climbing a majority of the time. espically when you are squat running, this will fucking kill your legs unless you are used to it. Squats will make your legs alot stronger. If you do alot of climbing then obviously upper body as well but dont go lifting weights, pratice climbing things as this will work the muscles you need, not just bulk up your muscles to look pretty. And im glad this chaos penguin guy came back becuase i was reading this shit and laughing my ass off as well. who the fuck go and trys to take a flower or a fruit, thats just fucking stupid and hilarious IMHO. I pretty much go out every night, usually it is to get drunk but on ocasion we do an op and it is fun as hell. Just by being outside at night alot you become used to it ALOT more then if you just sneak out for ops. Just make sure that if you go with people teach them basic shit like shadows, hiding, motion lights, not walking like a fucking horse, etc.
Wow- Don't listen to this guy people. Legs are important in an op- Its kind of obvious- but do not rule out the importance of upper body conditioning. For some reason, I don't know what it is, if you work both the lower and upper body you will have much greater stamina/endurance than if you just concentrated on the legs. This is why runners will also work their upper bodies just as hard as their lower. Endurance and stamina are very very important in my amateur opinion.
 #407 
Old 2005-08-01, 07:44
nanobot nanobot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Some Old Drunk Guy:

Im confused. Are you saying that websiteallies is dead and not coming back and our site is lost forever?
Nice to see you back, nano.
will the site seam to be dead i cant even get to there home page www.websiteallies.com but i have a back up of the data so once i find a server i will get it set up.
 #408 
Old 2005-08-01, 16:23
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

alright, good.
 #409 
Old 2005-08-01, 22:02
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

How do you guys think night ops originate? I have been wondering about this for about three days now.
 #410 
Old 2005-08-01, 23:29
Chickenkiller Chickenkiller is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

swim wants to op but there isnt anything intersting in this town, there is a old warhouse but its a 45 min bike ride + i need to hide my bike, the other thing is everyone on my street has these little sheds in there backyard
anyway any shugestions would be apriciated
PS. i do have lock picks, i cant use them very well though...
 #411 
Old 2005-08-01, 23:31
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Narukagami Warrior:
How do you guys think night ops originate? I have been wondering about this for about three days now. I think infrared came up with the idea....hes long gone now...he died http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
 #412 
Old 2005-08-01, 23:42
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Anyone take it to Tor?
Meanwhile, I'm making enquiries on getting us a .co.uk site. Sit tight.
Infrared died? I thought he just couldn't put up with Snoopy abusing his mod powers any more? So what was it, overdose?
Meh.
Hehe. SG.
 #413 
Old 2005-08-02, 03:25
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well, my dad died about 4 hours ago (i made a topic in SG). So, i will be taking time off from Night Ops. I just dont want to create problems for my mom if i get caught.
Of course, i will still give advice about ops and post in this topic, i just wont be running any.
 #414 
Old 2005-08-02, 05:21
ark_gamer ark_gamer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm going on a general recon op around my nieghborhood tonight. I need to work on my situational awareness, because twice I've nearly been caught by people hanging out on their porches that I didn't see.
nanobot nanobot is offline
Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by Some Old Drunk Guy:
I think infrared came up with the idea....hes long gone now...he died http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
wasnt the firts tread about how some kid thought his dad was a cleaner for the cia and was going to follow him at night to see? nanobot
 #415 
Old 2005-08-02, 06:56
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

no, thats in the NO thread in the archive.
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Archives/Ar...-7-004673.html
[This message has been edited by Some Old Drunk Guy (edited 08-02-2005).]
 #416 
Old 2005-08-02, 08:04
ark_gamer ark_gamer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My op was a resounding success! As a special bonus, I gained entry to and explored someone's house! Nothing worth taking though. I got the garage door open by sticking my hand through the dog door and unlocking it. How stupid can people get?
 #417 
Old 2005-08-02, 14:35
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Some Old Drunk Guy... a noble decision. *Lowers head*
So, trip to and entry were very non-descript, inside however... no one sounded awake, so I went around checking the walls and full length mirrors for obvious switches or even the room's door. I checked all the cupboards in case there was a door at the back of them. I checked the carpet for any obvious evidence of trap doors and such, nothing. Checked all the paintings. All the lightbulbs, plug switches, everything. Down to the cellar, just a concrete cube, completely empty. Tried for loose bricks anyway, any swivel marks in the dust (recovered my footprints by hand with the dust). Upstairs...
Urgh. Head just reached the top of the stairs and a girl walked past. Stayed still until she came back, then went up. Checked the parents' room, sleeping heavily. Had a look under the bed, in the cupboards, checked the plugs, decided there was nothing there. Checked the bathroom, seeing if the taps were a switch and such. Not wanting to go inside the childrens' rooms, I thought that since it's a detached house (nearest building is about 50 meteres away, with walls and trees in between them) that there might be an obvious junction box or something, so I did a sweep of the outside. Nothing. So I went back in, deciding to check the boy's room first. A floor covered in Lego is a horrible thing. Nothing in there, a very boring room. And the daughter... got to her door, TV's on and her friend is HOLDING the door handle, saying some last words about going to the toilet. I stood against the door opposite her and lowered my gaze and she walked past me...
Checked the room and grabbed the TV remote, changed the channel and hid the remote quickly, to get the (attractive, it must be said) girl's attention. It worked, she went to wait outside the toilet, so I slowly slid to the floor and pushed myself into her room and hung out of the window they left open, and I admit I made some noise on the wall, but they didn't seem to hear it. I pulled myself up and looked around the room for anything that could indicate a fortified emergency room, didn't see anything and, since it would be awkward to say the least to really check, I assumed it wouldn't be there. I climbed down to the gardens and made my way back inside again, checking before I dropped in and seeing the girls stealing some vodka. I dropped in anyway and stayed low, following them upstairs in the dark, then went to the parents room to get the study key. Wasn't there, so I went to the study to see if it was unlocked. People are so helpful, like when they leave keys on top of door frames. Inside, I checked all the drawers, behind every bookcase, the carpet, the usual stuff and everything else. I locked the room, put the key back and left, picking up my 'toy' and leaving. With my new book.
I took my time, but luckily I had it. For reference, my new thing is a wireless alarm, which I'll be taking to any ops near houses just in case I ever need a large distraction. And now... I'm thinking.
I checked almost everything, and I'm pretty sure there is no panic room. For a start, we don't have one, therefore they can't. So now I want to know the purpose of mulitple plain white vans turning up at the house, usually three a week, with different drivers. They usually turn up during the early evening, so I may be running some 'recon' daytime on this.
I'll keep you posted, as ever. SG.
 #418 
Old 2005-08-02, 14:46
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

White vans? Hm. If they were black I'd say government. These people sound like they're rich, drugs maybe? ;\
 #419 
Old 2005-08-02, 18:44
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Nah, this is England nearish to London... all the drug dealers moved away, into the sun :-)
I considered it, but no, these people are upstanding 'pillar of the community' types. Would be a bit too obvious is they were having vans deliver drugs 3 times a week, during the day, and having people see it.
Well, I'm off to my OP. Report back in 45.
SG.
 #420 
Old 2005-08-02, 20:48
joecaveman joecaveman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Pshycho Fraud:
Wow- Don't listen to this guy people. Legs are important in an op- Its kind of obvious- but do not rule out the importance of upper body conditioning. For some reason, I don't know what it is, if you work both the lower and upper body you will have much greater stamina/endurance than if you just concentrated on the legs. This is why runners will also work their upper bodies just as hard as their lower. Endurance and stamina are very very important in my amateur opinion.
work the tiny, usually unknown muscles you use to balance...
it will help you... keep your balance http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
and reduce noise when you climb, jump and sneak around in tight spaces...
like: pushups with your feet on a medicine ball...
or squating on one of those semi-medicince balls, that look like a dome...
can't think of anything that you could just do anytime/anywhere for these muscles...
 #421 
Old 2005-08-02, 20:58
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by ChaosPenguin:
Nah, this is England nearish to London... all the drug dealers moved away, into the sun :-)
I considered it, but no, these people are upstanding 'pillar of the community' types. Would be a bit too obvious is they were having vans deliver drugs 3 times a week, during the day, and having people see it.
Well, I'm off to my OP. Report back in 45.
SG. Maybe they're cannibals and have van loads of cadavers delievered every so often.
/me had to suggest it.
 #422 
Old 2005-08-02, 22:52
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

*Smacks head* dammit, why didn't I think of that? Corpsicles!
I took a little while longer than I expected... the vans contained rectangular boxes, sort of like flower cases. Flower cases aren't usually covered in 'fragile' and 'this way up' markings and tape. I got up close and they were abnormally heavy. First thought - guns, of course. I didn't want to open one, of course, so I slashed two tires and snuck home, climbing onto a balcony and jumping on to the roof, climbing up into my room and grabbing a cheapy metal detector... (it's for R&D)
Back at the van they hadn't noticed the tires somehow, so it was simple enough to run over and sweep the crates. No sound...
Thoughts? I'll try and see if there's any pattern to the arrival days, at first, since they've been coming for about 3 weeks now apparently. If I can't, I'll assume they could stop whenever and steal a box.
SG.
 #423 
Old 2005-08-03, 01:21
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Some Old Drunk Guy:
I think infrared came up with the idea....hes long gone now...he died http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif How & when did he die?
Also, My theory on the origin of night ops: Some people were doing it, like Infrared, but he was the first to post about it on here, and start this whole thing

To all the REAL night op guys on here, we must keep Infrared's memory alive.
[This message has been edited by Narukagami Warrior (edited 08-03-2005).]
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline Regular
USSHB Vice-Head of Your Mom Default Infrared isnt dead. I posted that in spurious and everyones like WHAOMG!
Who are the REAL night op guys to you BTW? Some Old Drunk Guy
 #424 
Old 2005-08-03, 03:43
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sorry. What happened to him anyway? The real night ops guys are the ones that actually have the skill to do an op and make intelligent posts, like infrared.
[This message has been edited by Narukagami Warrior (edited 08-03-2005).]
 #425 
Old 2005-08-03, 06:48
AionTheDemon AionTheDemon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
Actually, alot of rookies, probably do break into places when they don't have experience. Those rookies, are also known as, stupid noobs. A *smart rookie isn't going to break into a place when they have no experience.
My previous post, about the building. I'm just going to assume people are in it and not investigate any further. And how is a "rookie" supposed to get experienced in the art of breaking and entering WITHOUT doing it ?
Moron...
AionTheDemon #454 Add Shishananee to your ignore list
 #426 
Old 2005-08-03, 07:10
Shishananee Shishananee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm planning my first Night Operation.
Here's the deal...
Theres a bigass dealer in this smallass town of mine. Always fucking kids over, but not too much, so they come back for more...That's the reason for this op to be initiated...
There's lots of construction going on, and construction workers don't expect little nijas to steal their equipment in the dead of the night, which they leave (the machinery involves machines for digging and lifting and even a trencher).
I'm going to recon, of course. Get to know the machines.
At the night, it'll go down like this. Me, car parked 1 mi away from Dealer's house. Me, get machinery running which, won't take more than five minutes tops, people will be too drunk, and those who aren't, would be expecting a construction worker to be running it.
Dig up the dealers yard, straight through his 10k Stash hopefully. Or do minor damage to dealer's house. Dealer would most likely be off on his own shit, call the cops, cops check damages, cops find 10k worth of marajuana and most likely meth also. Cops make the dealer wear a fancy bracelet, which does not read "Livestrong".
But I'd be on my way biking to the car, 15 minutes tops. I'd be in my car, as the nearest police are coming, which also may take 15 max, unless they feel it may be worth speeding to. I take the roads home (I live out in the country, 3 miles away.) I have a 5 minute drive.
I get in bed. First NO accomplished.
If not, I'd better invest in some Anal lubrication, because a 200 some odd lb.s man named Butch, or Bubba, will want me to talk like Barbie.
Feedback please. And yes, I know, it is a BAD IDEA.
 #427 
Old 2005-08-03, 07:49
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think there might be a better way to get a drug dealer busted then stealing a buldozer.
Like, tipping the police?
 #428 
Old 2005-08-03, 11:08
brendy brendy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

yea
how far away is the digger from his house , if its at night they will notice somethings up , if its at day then people might be working
i have a quick question for my first REAL no
when glueing padlocks with epoxy would i need to put a line of tape under the lock to hold the glue in?
here is the op plan and reason if anyone wants to know
my mum and dad broke up last year , they finnally got round to sorting out tools and such and dads takeing all the stuff for the sake of takeing it , it normally wouldnt piss me of but hes just storing it at our boat shead , as he said to his mate "im gonna have to get a skip to get rid of lots of it"
our boat shead is about 20 minutes away bikeing but if i need to i can drive , im planing of glueing the lock shut as it olny has one door and it has a big gaurd to stop people useing boltcutters as keys
the olny problem i can think of is that there is a yard next to it but it doesnt have any camaras faceing that way , also a few people live down there but if im quite they shouldnt notice me , hopefully
my escape route is planned i have a back up
so that olny leaves one thing
would the glue run out of the padlock , if so would tape hold it in?
any idears apart from learning to spell better?
 #429 
Old 2005-08-03, 19:49
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Would mice set off a motion detector inside of a school?
 #430 
Old 2005-08-03, 21:32
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by AionTheDemon:
And how is a "rookie" supposed to get experienced in the art of breaking and entering WITHOUT doing it ?
Moron... You are a stupid bitch. Any competent person understood my post, you dumbfuck. You are the only idiot that misunderstood. You are an idiot, and you need to get out of Night Ops. Stupid ass.
 #431 
Old 2005-08-03, 21:54
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Shishananee:
I'm planning my first Night Operation.
Here's the deal...
Theres a bigass dealer in this smallass town of mine. Always fucking kids over, but not too much, so they come back for more...That's the reason for this op to be initiated...
There's lots of construction going on, and construction workers don't expect little nijas to steal their equipment in the dead of the night, which they leave (the machinery involves machines for digging and lifting and even a trencher).
I'm going to recon, of course. Get to know the machines.
At the night, it'll go down like this. Me, car parked 1 mi away from Dealer's house. Me, get machinery running which, won't take more than five minutes tops, people will be too drunk, and those who aren't, would be expecting a construction worker to be running it.
Dig up the dealers yard, straight through his 10k Stash hopefully. Or do minor damage to dealer's house. Dealer would most likely be off on his own shit, call the cops, cops check damages, cops find 10k worth of marajuana and most likely meth also. Cops make the dealer wear a fancy bracelet, which does not read "Livestrong".
But I'd be on my way biking to the car, 15 minutes tops. I'd be in my car, as the nearest police are coming, which also may take 15 max, unless they feel it may be worth speeding to. I take the roads home (I live out in the country, 3 miles away.) I have a 5 minute drive.
I get in bed. First NO accomplished.
If not, I'd better invest in some Anal lubrication, because a 200 some odd lb.s man named Butch, or Bubba, will want me to talk like Barbie.

Feedback please. And yes, I know, it is a BAD IDEA. That is NOT a good idea for a first op. Why? Chances are, the dealer has a gun. Also, If the dealer calls the cops, if he has any sense, he'll make sure the marijuana is somewhere else the cops get there.
 #432 
Old 2005-08-04, 00:19
duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

This story is fictional. Don't arrest me.

Been out of opping for a while so i decided to get into a practice one.

Mission : To walk around my school in the middle of the night and scout the area. (No carshopping involved). It turned out to be a bit more eventful though.

Equipment: Grey fleece,black gloves, black combats and balaclava. Torche with red filter. Maxam lock knife and set of lockpicks. Put them all in a waist pouch that can store a surprising amount of equipment.

The school borders a housing estate so i decided to go through someones garden. I tried one house and the side gate was unlocked so i walked (carefully) through but a living room light was on so I decided to try a different house. This one was silent so i crept through their gate and into the garden and hopped the fence. From here i could easily get into the main school area whilst able to stay in cover. I went round the sports field and circle the edge of the playing field. Obviously in the school holidays at 2am not even the lame ass janitors will be there so i had the place to myself. I circled the science labs and came to the D.T. block. Decided to get a bit of practice of lockpicking and do the door of the D.T. block. I actually had a surprising amount of difficulty with it even though it was relatively simple (surprising for a building that actually has some valuable equipment). I was about to give up but then i realised i wasnt even twisting the lock cylinder enough (d'oh, im a dumbass) and i did so. I started to open the door but then thought "Holy shit. Theyre not going to protect the D.T. department with a simple Yale lock, theres going to be motion sensors inside" (i hadnt looked around before, i know i should have scouted it ou but it was the school holidays, i was bored http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif. Anyway i quickly decided to leave and i went back to the fence so i could leave the way i came and was about to hop the fence when THREE GUYS HOPPED OVER EXACTLY THE SAME ONE. I just dived into a bush and started shitting myself (im still a man). Now im not a racist but these were big black fellas. I watched them go round exactly the way i had gone before getting over the fence quickly and leaving. Now it seemed like a night op to me so anyone here that did this?.

All in all a surprising op but im not going to do the school again.

Sioux Sioux is offline

Default ChaosPenguin: They say fragile yet they're heavy? Maybe some sort of glass object. If there's van loads delivered three times a week I'd say it's a professional thing. Work related, I mean. Maybe the person is a glass-blower. Heh. Sioux
 #433 
Old 2005-08-04, 05:30
brendy brendy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

to duck_dojo
i have had the same sorta stuff , takeing a short cut to a mates i was about to climb over a fence , i hered noises on the other side , i hid beind a bin quickly and then 4 big black dudes jumped over with big bulky bags
scared the shit outa me lol
 #434 
Old 2005-08-04, 06:27
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yea, NOing encounters can be scary as shit, especially since the single most important part of a night op is to remain unseen, I've had my encounter... I'm not going to go into detail becuase I have posted it before. Me, using a large field to work my way down a frontage road next to a major highway, came up to close to the frontage road, got that wierd feeling someone was watching me, not ten feet away on the sidewalk is a guy in a plain white shirt, blue jeans... I didn't see the shoes as adrenaline was tearing at me, he had a cigarette. There was a chase through the fields 'till I got a good 30-40 yard on him, enough to set up my laser pointer on a face level limb and play enough mind fuck to send up sprinting away through heavy field. Yea anway, scary stuff... you are convinced aside from cops and neighborhood watch, insomniacs and meth heads that you got the night to yourself. It is scary as shit when you find out its not true.
ResdogMrwhite
"I think he was a hitchiker"
 #435 
Old 2005-08-04, 07:13
the_mail_man the_mail_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

since we are all telling stories i will tell mine. last night i was having a fight with my parents so i went for a walk at 11:30. i went to a park about .5 miles from my house. well i was sitting in a swing (everything was wet) then this car pulls up so i ran and hid behiend a bench that was by the swings. then a couple got out and started walking around they finaly came to the swings. then the guy walked up to the bench touched it and said "damn everythings wet why dont you get the blanket." so she got the blanket and they start talking about him fucking some chick that wasnt her then the cops pull up (the parking lot was about 50 yards away). so the couple are wondering why the cops are there then the cop shines the light and said "we found the suspect in the park, we matched the license plate number, come down the sidewalk with you hands up." i couldent see anybody because the playgound was blocking the view, but then two more cops pull in and a

dog got out of the car ran up to someone and barked three times. then a while later the cops finely left so i started walking out of the park (the blanket was still there) then im walking behind this guy and he was like "OH MY GOD" then i walked home (i got there at 1:15).
 #436 
Old 2005-08-04, 11:31
CheeseBot CheeseBot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hey, im new to the NOing scene, i mean ive been out late just fucking around in town but nothing like being where im not supposed to, but following this thread has sparked my interest.
This town im living in isnt worth NOing, its to small, nothing interesting enough to put forth effort in, except a few dumpsters that may be worth diving, but thats for another thread. Anyway ill be moving to a much bigger town with alot more oportunites soon for college, so im soaking up as much info as possible
Anyway, i have a couple suggestions on what to wear, i have seen all the posts on the apporpriate gear, but i have a few ideas on alternate gear. Like how about instead of black pants, you wear black shorts and then get a pair of soccer socks, the knee high socks that go over shin guards, and pull them all the way up.This allows for very good movement and alot more stretch for getting your legs high to climb up trees or fences. Also,in the night these would look like pants to some, and also, its possible to just roll the socks down a bit, like mid shin and if the cops stop you, you could just say you were out jogging, if it wasnt 2 in the morning that is.
Also, what do you guys think of under armor?
I got an under armor(ish) shirt in track that fits nice and is stealthy black, and dosent reflect light like some of the underarmor does, do you think that this is better, worse, or the same as say just a regular shirt? Beacuse the under armor holds tighter to your body which means it wouldnt get caught on things like fences or bushes as easy.
Alot of oping gear is mainly personal preference i understand, but i decided to share what i have thought up.
thats all for now, i wanna do a trial op sometime in the next week or so, but im just trying to find somewhere worth going to in this town other then just going into the richer neighborhood and fucking with stuff there, becuase thats just childish and not even as fun.Anyone else do NO's in smaller towns that could suggest something for a starter mission? CheeseBot
#466 Add ChaosPenguin to your ignore list
 #437 
Old 2005-08-04, 11:38
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Sioux - it's an idea, but...
We often hear of the sterotypical village where everyone knows everyone elses' business. Here, I like to keep it so I know everyone elses'. The father is a psychiatrist, and a good one, whose only hobby seems to be hiding his extensive pornography collection from his wife, who is a very active person. No glass blowing equipment present (I'm sure my old 'neurosis' would join me for one

little reunion...) and, the weirdest bit, no sign of these boxes anywhere. I searched the house from top to bottom looking for a panic room, let alone a large amount of heavy objects, possibly still in their packaging. Hopefully, but doubtfully, I'll find out tonight, since I'm off for around 11 weeks with the usual business.
Will keep everyone informed.
Oh, and on the story subject, put simply, on the way to a sewage plant (infiltration point should be obvious...) some miscommunication resulted in CS and I holding two very suprised 14 year olds by the throat, in the middle of the streets, in half-marine, half-urban gear...
SG.
 #438 
Old 2005-08-04, 15:06
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

CheeseBot, the reason I wouldn't do that, I like to have the storage pcokets in my BDU's. Also, socks, would come off fairly easily. Or just fall down, and you'd have to wear sock things to hold them up... I also wouldn't wear just an under armour shirt. But I wear coolmax with my BDU's. (coolmax is just like under armour, but cheaper, and looser fitting) Anybody read my question...? The reason I'm asking....would it be possible to plant alot of mice in a prospective target, have mice, or other small animal. Maybe get baby rabbits, or something, which (if they find food)will grow to a reasonable size..then the animal set off motion detectors every night, untill they just turn them off?
 #439 
Old 2005-08-04, 16:22
Methusar Methusar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by CheeseBot:
Anyone else do NO's in smaller towns that could suggest something for a starter mission?
One thing I started practising on was milk, go round the town after the milkman has been (normally about 2am where I live) and steal milk from doorsteps. This is a great starter because you need to be completely silent and stealthy to avoid being seen or waking up the victims.
-Methusar
 #440 
Old 2005-08-04, 16:25
Methusar Methusar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
...then the animal set off motion detectors every night, untill they just turn them off? Ahh, a sort of Bad Boys 2 idea. It may work but I doubt they would turn them off, they'd probably get an exterminator to get rid of the creatures.
-Methusar
 #441 
Old 2005-08-04, 18:06
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Yeah. But I was thinking, my school. I could bring more and more everyday. (mice are only like $1 or $2 dollars) So an exterminator wouldn't be able to kill them all. Or, the best case, they wouldn't see the mice at all..
keytops keytops is offline Regular
Area 52 California U.S. Default depending on the type of motion sensor a pocket lazer or a full spectrum infared emitter"radio shack $4.00" bay blind it try it out durring class look at the lights on it see if it reacts also i did some security work for my school under no circumstances will they bypass any security measures in place trust me it would null there security and insurance agreements
[This message has been edited by keytops (edited 08-04-2005).] keytops
 #442 
Old 2005-08-04, 18:29
ChaosPenguin ChaosPenguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

*Puts the Discworld down* Oh, it loaded...
Most likely I will be making my last posts tonight. Right now, I'm going to find out what's in those boxes. If a van does not turn up... well, one will have to, to fit the narrative...
Later.
SG.
 #443 
Old 2005-08-05, 00:33
Chickenkiller Chickenkiller is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hey cheesbot i know what u mean, i wanna go on a op but there isn't anything worth targeting.
Ashland sucks
 #444 
Old 2005-08-05, 00:54
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My town is the same way. The only thing I could do is sneak into someone's yard(which is easy for me in daylight, so imagine what it would be like at night.) I just got back from my cousin's house, which is in a city, and saw a lot of opprotunities.
 #445 
Old 2005-08-05, 03:12
the chet is fune the chet is fune is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I have a question for anyone who knows what they are doing. Hypothetically http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif, I live in a newer subdivision with no trees and alot of streetlights. Some areas it is impossible to avoid being in the light, and there are not alot of shadows and dark areas to hide in. My question is; what should I wear to be the least conspicuous in these areas? I'm thinking black is too dark. I have some MARPAT woodland BDUs, but then I can't explain myself if seen. Any suggestions?
 #446 
Old 2005-08-05, 03:25
KolmeK KolmeK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I have been reading this thread idly for a while, but I didn't read it all, so forgive me if I say things that have already been said. I'm a very experienced night opper, although I don't find it necessary to post my victories here. To the above poster: The best clothes to wear in an urban environment are subdued street clothes. Camouflage patterns make you look suspicious walking on the street,

and make it difficult if you have to blend in with the common street folks. I have seen several people asking about walking silently. I suggest you pick up a good book on Ninjitsu. The ninja have several methods of walking silently such as the cross step, as well as special shoes (Called tabi) you can purchase online that work perfectly for night operations. In fact, now that I think about it, lots of the tactics of the ninja of old are perfectly applicable still today.
EDIT: I thought I would add a list of books that are helpful on the subject.
Secrets of the Ninja, Ashida Kim
Secrets from Ashida Kim's Training Camp, Anonymous
Mystic Arts of the Ninja, Stephen K. Hayes
Knights of Darkness, Dr. Haha Lung
The first three deal with techniques of the ninja specifically while the last one deals with all night warriors. (Ninja, SEALs, Army Rangers, etc.)
[This message has been edited by KolmeK (edited 08-05-2005).]
 #447 
Old 2005-08-05, 03:55
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by CheeseBot:
Hey, im new to the NOing scene, i mean ive been out late just fucking around in town but nothing like being where im not supposed to, but following this thread has sparked my interest.
This town im living in isnt worth NOing, its to small, nothing interesting enough to put forth effort in, except a few dumpsters that may be worth diving, but thats for another thread. Anyway ill be moving to a much bigger town with alot more oportunites soon for college, so im soaking up as much info as possible
Anyway, i have a couple suggestions on what to wear, i have seen all the posts on the apporpriate gear, but i have a few ideas on alternate gear. Like how about instead of black pants, you wear black shorts and then get a pair of soccer socks, the knee high socks that go over shin guards, and pull them all the way up.This allows for very good movement and alot more stretch for getting your legs high to climb up trees or fences. Also,in the night these would look like pants to some, and also, its possible to just roll the socks down a bit, like mid shin and if the cops stop you, you could just say you were out jogging, if it wasnt 2 in the morning that is.
Also, what do you guys think of under armor?
I got an under armor(ish) shirt in track that fits nice and is stealthy black, and dosent reflect light like some of the underarmor does, do you think that this is better, worse, or the same as say just a regular shirt? Beacuse the under armor holds tighter to your body which means it wouldnt get caught on things like fences or bushes as easy.
Alot of oping gear is mainly personal preference i understand, but i decided to share what i have

thought up.
thats all for now, i wanna do a trial op sometime in the next week or so, but im just trying to find somewhere worth going to in this town other then just going into the richer neighborhood and fucking with stuff there, becuase thats just childish and not even as fun.Anyone else do NO's in smaller towns that could suggest something for a starter mission? I have never heard of anyone else here ever using high soccer socks and shorts in stead of pants. I love the extra movement that it gives you and is much cooler than wearing pants, which is a big plus for me seeing as I live in the south. The only thing that I dont like about it is the loss of some pockets.- For the underarmor- Seems like a good idea but doesnt it tear quite easily? If your hopping a fence and it gets caught you could put it to shreds.
 #448 
Old 2005-08-05, 05:45
CheeseBot CheeseBot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Thats another thing i thought of.
Instead of the BDU pockets, i was thinking of using this belt that i got a while ago that has pockets on it which would still provide places to store tools or items you "obtain" and allow maximun movement. or you could use one of those fanny packs, or a small backpack, i have all of those as my uncle use to work for Osprey back packing company, so i have about 5 differnt bags and packs i can use.
As well as the underarmor it isnt the best of ideas but i dunno about how easily it rips, but the shirt i have is quite strong, i tried stretching it and it didnt feel like it would give way to easily.
So i went thrugh all of my stuff last night in my room, sorta of getting stuff together to pack for college, but also looking for things that could be useful on an op, so ill list what i have and you guys say what you think is best, or even add some things from my list to your own personal gear
4x pocket knives
-one multi-tool
-3 folding knives
1x Osprey utility fanny pack
1x Utility pocket belt
1x bag of small firecrackers(perhaps a distraction)
1x zippo lighter
1x small low power binoculars(wouldnt be much help in the night, but could be good on recon day missions)
1x wire cutters
1x about 50 feet of rope(worked for the Boondock Saits

Anyway thats the starting of my tool belt, feel free to make suggestions on what i should add or remove from the kit. CheeseBot
#479 Add Sioux to your ignore list
 #449 
Old 2005-08-05, 06:05
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Chaospenguin: Best of luck. Looking forward to your return.
 #450 
Old 2005-08-05, 08:31
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

well i found a few interesting things,
for thoes of you who want a simple, effective, light mask that can be easily hidden if nessisary: http://tinyurl.com/4fhb3
and a few pointers:
# Maintain balance control by allowing your body weight to sink and be carried by deeply flexed knees.
# Remember to breathe along with your movement. Unconsciously holding your breath can unknowingly produce unneeded muscle tension, and could result in gasping release of breathe if you are startled or accidentally unbalanced.
# Stay alert to the entire scene. Do not become so engrossed in watching your feet that you do not notice other people an elements entering the surroundings.
# Use all joints for movement, emphasizing fluidity through the engagement of the ankles, knees, and hips for stepping. Avoid the lazy and dangerous habit of stiffening knees and swinging the entire leg from the hip.
# Maintain your weight and balance on your grounded leg while you move the other leg into position to bear the weight. When absolute silence is a must, avoid distributing your weight over both legs at the same time.
# If practical, allow your hands to float lightly in front of and beside your torso, one arm higher and one arm lower, to detect possible obstructions before your committed body weight encounters them.
# Pause and hold your position if you feel that you have accidentally caused too much noise. Listen for signs that you were heard, such as the movement of others or the immediate silencing of background noise following your slip. Sink a little lower on your knees to physically relax that could normally jump into your body with alarm. Take a deep breathe and release it slowly to further relax. Continue your pause for as long as you feel is necessary to regain composure and allow possible listeners to decide they did not hear anything after all.
# Be as patient as possible. If speed of travel is not important, take as much time as you can. Impatience and the resultant hasty movement that it encourages are the greatest dangers to the

person who must move silently without detection.
# Keep your movement appropriate to your surroundings. Do not go to greater lengths than necessary to conceal your movement, while at the same being aware of what others entering the area may see if they cannot hear. Total silence may not be needed when moving through wooded or densely populated areas where scattered noise is a natural part of the environment. Also be aware that low profile crawling or sliding ma be the only way to move silently without being seen in some locations.
and a simple but effective tool that can be used to blind an attacker:
Take an egg and with a screwdriver, ice pick, etc. drain all the liqued from withen the egg, fill with pepper, and then reseal the hole with tape/glue/whatever
I dont know what will actually happen if an egg filled with cayan(sp) pepper would do, all i know is that it would burn
hope i helped, i just pulled some of the interesting tidbits of information off of http://www.entertheninja.com
[This message has been edited by Heelios (edited 08-05-2005).]
Cyb3r_Cyl0n Cyb3r_Cyl0n is offline
Yaaaaa Default Well im gonna try another NO soon.
I tried a few months ago (it was my first) but it went horribly wrong.
I was just hopping over a few fences into back yards but as i went over this really old dodgy fence it kinda started to break and.... To cut a long story short.. It collapsed.......I freaked and ran back to my house http://www.totse.com/bbs/redface.gif
But this thread has inspired me once again and hopefully i can build up that confidence and go out on another one.
Any ideas on what i can?
Cyb3r_Cyl0n
 #451 
Old 2005-08-05, 18:21
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

like CP said their is a utter lack of ambiton here...but look for old sheds, construction sites, abandoned houses...stuff like that
and, of course, just as i was about to go recon my next target it starts to storm outside *mumbles*
hey that gives me an idea, if i wore my black wetsuit with my mask it would be perferct for going

on an opertation while it was raining, and besides, while its raining most people are inside so you will have a lower chance of being compromised...hmm ill have to give it a try somtime
 #452 
Old 2005-08-05, 19:02
KolmeK KolmeK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Also, I was thinking about the whole gear to bring along issue, and I thought of a few web sites with lots of good gear to help you out. http://www.imsplus.com/ims.html - Military Surplus http://www.tacticalshop.com/ - Police and S.W.A.T supply. http://www.rangerjoes.com - Military and police gear, my personal choice. http://www.abandoned-places.com/ - Not gear related, but great pictures of abandoned places.
Personally, the gear I carry with me will very greatly on my mission, but generaly is as follows:
German Flectarn camouflage (I wear just the pants with a dark long sleeve shirt on most urban Ops. I have also found a military flight suite can easily be donned at the location and quickly ditched after if necessary and has lots of pockets to boot.)
Ski mask
Hatch Operator gloves
Surefire flashlight with red lens, or infared lens for use with NVGs (Very bright, can temporarily blind someone, although runtime is only about 70 minutes)
Extra batteries and light bulb for flashlight.
Multi tool (The night operators best friend)
Lock picks
Crowbar
Bolt cutters (Cutting through fences when going over is impossible)
Knee pads
Small bottle of water
Folding knife
Para cord (Tying someone up, rappelling, etc)
Combat boots
Generation III NVGs (Expensive, but worth it)
Small med kit (You never know, and you definitely don't want to leave blood at the scene)

Depending on what I take I will either conceal it all in pockets to keep a low profile, or wear a military combat medics bag, which has multiple pockets and is fairly discreet. Your mission will dictate what is best for you. Make sure all the gear is comfortable and easy to ditch. My targets are usually abandoned factories and older buildings. I try not to break anything, I don't vandalize, and I don't steal, I simply explore for the rush and curiosity, and I hope you do the same. And whatever you do, don't get caught. If you want more pointers feel free to PM me.
 #453 
Old 2005-08-06, 01:22
Regular
 
England
Default Re: Night Ops V

Might I suggest, as an op. for new folks- Solar Lights. There are loads in peoples back gardens, some in peoples front- They sell for quite a bit as well.
 #454 
Old 2005-08-06, 06:12
Heelios Heelios is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

well its about 10 after 1 and im scared shitless, but extreamly pumped. Im about to run my first op where i will be facing camreas. I did some inital recon this afternooon and i found a blindspot. So if all goes as planned i will get in, disable one camera, look for ways into the bulding besides the front door, and be back in bed at 2:30 latest, ill post later with the outcome
 #455 
Old 2005-08-06, 07:52
Cyb3r_Cyl0n Cyb3r_Cyl0n is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well i didnt sleep last night and noticed at about 5 am (just starting to get light) the milkman parks his little electric milk float thingy and walks quite a long way from it. I timed it and if i was to steal from it i would have between 4 and 5 mins where he CANNOT PHYSICALLY see his milk cart thing.
Theres not just milk on there though..... And plus he leaves the doors open so maybe a cash box or summin in there?
The only bad thing is it just starting to get light
 #456 
Old 2005-08-06, 18:52
the chet is fune the chet is fune is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Last night, I and a partner completed our first op. Left around 12:45 (early, but parents were snoring loudly). All we took was a small flashlight and some binocs. We went out around my fence (too creaky to hop) and cut through several back yards, then crossed the street. We stayed on the sidewalk for a while in plain sight, no one was out of course, and at the end of the block quickly went into a small nature trail. We walked along the trail going from tree to tree, stopping every once in a while to observe a very loud drunken party across the small man-made lake. We came to the end of the trail and cut through some bushes and went along a drainage ditch past some houses. We stopped at a cops house and my partner spit on the car. We crept past the cops house and made our way to a large open feild behind a grocery store and a menards stockyard type area. We walked along the fence of the stock yard to avoid the cameras, which I am confident could not see us because they were inside the fence. We came to the parking lot then and there was a parked semi truck there with the trucker in it. Luckily, the trucker was flipping through channels on a little tv, and we quickly went past. We crossed the dark parking lot and went into the grocery store and bought some snacks (what? http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif). Then continued across the parking lot of a doctors office. We came to a street and turned on it. We kept going until there was a nice dark spot between 2 houses, which we crept through and ended up back on the trail. By now the party was died down so we didn't bother to sneak around. We came to the street and went back the way we came. As we were about to cut through a yard and get back to my yard, a car came around the corner, so we kept going around the block and found a spot between some houses to cut through, all the windows on the houses were open so we moved quickly and quietly. We entered my house, then made the chicken nuggets we got http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif . All in all it was succesful, I checked out the nature trail, found out that theres no dumpsters behind menards to go diving in (damn) and had fun.
The preceeding was a work of fiction for novelty and entertainment purposes only.
 #457 
Old 2005-08-07, 01:22
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Something I want to ask anyone on here with a lot of NO experience: What was the most dangerous op you've done?
 #458 
Old 2005-08-07, 03:42
Sanity0verRated Sanity0verRated is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm sick of people typing big long things about gear. Everybody knows enough about it. Those who don't, should have read the entire(or most of) this thread. We have talked about gear enough...Please only post about gear if you are asking a specific question, about a specific piece of gear. Also, please quit posting asking for op ideas, only op if there is something you already want to. I know people have posted that, but I'm doing it again, even though I'm tired of all the repetition. If you are curious about a target you have in mind, thats fine. Just, PLEASE QUIT POSTING STUPID SHIT. It's getting on my nerves. Anyway, thats all I have to complaing about

at the moment.
 #459 
Old 2005-08-07, 07:40
Regular
 
the land were shit goes boom
Default Re: Night Ops V

i havent been able to do a night op in a long time, last time i snuck out just to smoke some weed, she starts barking her little head off, it fucking sucks.
derrodude derrodude is offline
macquarie fields nsw austrlia Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by demolition:
i havent been able to do a night op in a long time, last time i snuck out just to smoke some weed, she starts barking her little head off, it fucking sucks. ?? she being some form of animal?? derrodude
 #460 
Old 2005-08-07, 23:17
KolmeK KolmeK is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sanity0verRated:
I'm sick of people typing big long things about gear... Sorry, as stated above, I didn't read all 10 pages of this thread and the previous night ops threads, although I read the important points. Excuse my desire to try and post meaningful information about something I happen to know a lot about, in an attempt to help someone who doesn't "know enough about it" or "have read the entire(or most of) this thread."
 #461 
Old 2005-08-09, 04:21
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Guys, go back to posting night ops stories. I enjoy them.

Oh, and i wouldnt go into any stores and buy something on a NO. how did you do that without being stopped? were you wearing all black or camo?
 #462 
Old 2005-08-09, 14:31
Cyb3r_Cyl0n Cyb3r_Cyl0n is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

^^^ Haha that would be funny... Just walk in with your balaclava's on, scare the shit out of the old women working there and just buy a chocolate bar and leave....
Well it made me laugh
Anyway aqs i said earlier about stealing things from the milkman, well he parked right outside my hous and it was still dark so i though.. This is my chance.
I feel so stupid now i should have checked to see if the actual van thing was open but instead i just stole loads of soda and.... well..... a few pints of milk.
Never mind he probably didnt notice so i can go again another day.
Im happy though as i have succesfully completed a NO! YAY http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
 #463 
Old 2005-08-10, 03:25
the chet is fune the chet is fune is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hahaha! My partner and me were just wearing black t shirts, I had OD shorts, he had camo ones. We go there all the time early in the morning, nobody cares. But you're right, I'm not going to make a habit of it. I won't be opping in that area anymore as well. That gave me a laugh though.
Edit: Cyb3r, the old lady working wasn't scared, but she did go on to tell us about how she hates the job and can't afford her apartment. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by the chet is fune (edited 08-10-2005).]
 #464 
Old 2005-08-10, 05:07
loner4life loner4life is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ok, all the talk about gear etc sounds cool but swim wants to go on a first op. Main thing he's after is a nice digital camera, someone have an idea of what swims chances are of finding a digital camera in an unlocked or locked vehicle or in an unlocked garage? on a percentage basis like 1 in 10 chance etc what are the chances of coming across an unlocked car or garage on a night op? especially with valuable stuff inside, swim is about to get into no with the only intent on valuable stuff worth a minimum $100 value or more
 #465 
Old 2005-08-10, 10:43
derrodude derrodude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

[quote]Originally posted by loner4life:
Ok, all the talk about gear etc sounds cool but swim wants to go on a first op. Main thing he's after is a nice digital camera, someone have an idea of what swims chances are of finding a digital camera in an unlocked or locked vehicle or in an unlocked garage? on a percentage basis like 1 in 10 chance etc what are the chances of coming across an unlocked car or garage on a night op? especially with valuable stuff inside, swim is about to get into no with the only intent on valuable stuff worth a minimum $100 value or more[/QUO
pretty low chance since most people these days arent stupid enough to leave thier valuables in thier cars anymore and since when did anyone leave valuable electronics in their garage? and how would you sneak into a garage those roller doors are like as noisy as all hell
 #466 
Old 2005-08-10, 14:33
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

[quote]quote:Originally posted by derrodude:
Quote: Originally posted by loner4life:
[b pretty low chance since most people these days arent stupid enough to leave thier valuables in thier cars anymore and since when did anyone leave valuable electronics in their garage? and how would you sneak into a garage those roller doors are like as noisy as all hell What in the hell are you talking about. Car shopping doesn't really belong in N.O but what you said is bullshit. People really are stupid enough to leave valuable things in there cars at night. You can find laptops, cameras - I have found 3 within the past month and a half -, nice sunglasses, wallets/purses, iPods, and whatnot. Possibly in the down town areas of cities you will find locked/empty cars but at least where I live, the suburbs, unlocked cars is not an uncommon thing. Just keep in mind that every time that you go out you will not find great things. Don't be stupid about it and Good things will happen. But above all remember that nothing in a car is worth a run in with the cops. If someone hears or sees you get the hell away from there. --- look through the files all over totse and read all the stuff about car shopping.

Tootles
 #467 
Old 2005-08-11, 04:38
RikkuSebraz RikkuSebraz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm thinking of going on a small exploratory night op tonight. I have wire cutters, pliers, a pocket knife multi-tool, and a modified mag lite that won't emit light except where I want it to go. Would it be smart to wear black jeans with a big whiteish tan JeanCo logo on them? I'm planning on wearing my boots, a black shirt, those pants, and carry some latex gloves if I see a Target of Opportunity. I'm mostly planning on going to explor this house type thing maybe a quarter mile from my home. I will have to cross through some vegitation to get there, does any one have any tips? Is it technically illegal to be wandering around at night with such tools dressed it black?
 #468 
Old 2005-08-11, 06:20
loner4life loner4life is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Good point poster above me, I have been reading no for a while now and haven't yet heard of anyone being caught or I mean seen by the cops late at night. If someone is an adult and is wandering around late at night on foot or on a bicycle with no light on it will they get stopped and questioned? swim went on a tiny no after 12 am this summer for a half hour and was dressed normal, riding a bike with no light but reflectors on it, had clear latex gloves on and a night vision monocular. He was riding along and a car came down the street while he was riding down the sidewalk looking into cars with the monocular. Luckily it was just an suv but what if it was a cop? hide your gear or run for cover? anyone yet run into big scary wild animals out there at night like dogs loose or coyotes etc? I wonder if anyone ever got sprayed by a skunk accidently while on a no.
Andreas Andreas is offline
California Default Tell them your going to your girlfriends house if they spot you en route...big fight, have to see her, love her so much, something like that.
Catch you peeping into cars, run like a nukka.
As an adult they Andreas
 #469 
Old 2005-08-11, 07:02
RikkuSebraz RikkuSebraz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well, just got back from a small twenty minute exploratory night ops. Not much to do or see in my area... if I want to do this more often I'll need to either travel far or wait till I move. I peeked in a few houses, walked my complex's trail, and finally made my way back, along the way there was this old lady putting a big bag in her car (murder?). I had to dodge some sprinklers, but all in all, I had a pretty good time. It's REALLY freaking dark out though.. Is it possible to improve night vision via diet or vitamins?
 #470 
Old 2005-08-11, 07:29
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

^dont smoke and eat carrots. You could also go when the moon is out if the dark bothers you that much
Im scared of the dark, its my number one fears, but i can still do night ops no problem. Its just when im coming back from an op, my mind isnt focused on it as much, and i start thinking about monsters and serial killers and stuff. I also get nervous when im in areas that are pitch black.
Anyway, ill be resuming night ops shortly, but i wont be B&Eing for a while still.
 #471 
Old 2005-08-11, 09:55
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I've failed you all.
I think I might be going mad, I walked for 20 minutes to a nearby division of subs and shopped/reconed there.
After tugging fruitlessly on a few handles, a car pulls by and I can't believe it, I'm bareassed in the brights of some Fiat wearing my little ninja suit, I throw myself into a ditch and haul it around and through a few backyards.
I continue my OP, I sit in a tree watching this fat guy eating something crunchy and typing like mad on his computer.
Just so you know, you could be being watched right now. I mean, you don't know! This guy sure didn't.
Anyway, so I was hoping he'd do something interesting...like strip or something, and his fat ass was right above a Cavalier that I had opped to have a set of those I pod earphones and hopefully the pod itself.

I lept from the tree, landed, and shadow stepped along to the car when suddenly freakishly the streetlight flickers on and I hurl myself into some bushes.
The squeak of a chair and the opening of a window the fatty looks round about and yells in the wrong direction at burgulars.
I'm like, well fuck this.
So I sneak out around and look in the backs of a few pickups, nothin but shoes and junk.
I retunrned to base.
Op Over.
Lessons Learned:
People can CERTAINLY be awake in the wee hours of the morning, if you are, they could be.
Streetlights are sporadic?
Ops can be fruitless.
Don't freak out.
Someone could be watching, RIGHT, NOW!
I'm considering returning tomorrow, should I?
I feel down I missed out on that potential IPod, plus alot of those doors were locked, my Op mojo has gone waaay down.
Should I return, but at a later hour? 2 instead of 1?
 #472 
Old 2005-08-11, 15:15
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i say do it.
what can it hurt?
 #473 
Old 2005-08-11, 21:38
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by fenderboy947:

i say do it.
what can it hurt?
 #474 
Old 2005-08-11, 22:30
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Andreas, Im curious Have you ever gone to this neighborhood before? If you or others have do you think that that might have contributed to the larger than normal number of locked cars?
Does anyone here have anything to say about the most times you should hit one area. Here I have always been a little unsure. If you do hit the place how long should you wait before you go again if you do?
 #475 
Old 2005-08-11, 23:24
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I learned from my past Carshopping/Night Operations ventures that unless you totally ransack a car and word gets around the neighborhood about it... people generally don't notice, especially with CD players and all... I've taken my fair share of them... if I ever grabbed and Ipod, I would ransack the car and cars around. If anyone was close in that neighborhood and talked to eachother, chances are the place will be fort knox by the next night, unless the guy really doesn't go ape over his lost Ipod (yea right!!!) PSP's are another big grab where total ransacking is neccesary if you want to milk the neighborhood for full potential fast. Otherwise, people really dont notice a CD player or head phones or cell phone earplug or something, change... stuff like that. The saying "the criminal always returns to the scene of the crime is true" I once cleaned out this high end neighborhood... audi's, beamers, an astin martin (sp?)... I kid you not... I got 3 gucci purses busting at the seams with money and other valuable shit, 1 digi camera, wallets, watches, cell phones... it was like the mecca of carshopping/garage shopping... next night I came, flood lights on every house on... couple dogs outside, garage's shut... not but one or two cars left outside... LOCKED. living room lights left on to "scare" me off. I didn't hit anything it was just curiousity of what repruccussions I had caused.
People usually get lazy again in 2-3 weeks and started unlocking again... they really never feel to deeply violated about their car invasion as say maybe a home invasion.
Give it two to three weeks and it wont be 1/3 as good as it was in the first place but you will get some money or change... headphones, old CD players... basically shit compared to what you originally wrestled up.
AFTERTHOUGHT: I am no longer a carshopper after a brief run in with the law, I am still a very devoted NOer and only do it for the sport now... Please relish the time you have with it, being able to hop out your window at 3 AM and not have to worry about passing out in your cubicle job the

next day from exhaustion.
We are kids... We have youth, use it to your full potential... NOers are a minority force to be reckoned with.
resdogmrwhite
"Too tired to make a quote"
[This message has been edited by ResdogMrwhite (edited 08-12-2005).]
 #476 
Old 2005-08-11, 23:55
42 42 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Me and a friend went on our first NO yesterday. We live in this small town in oklahoma (not much to do). We left my house at around midnight and headed about a mile to this pretty big construction yard that we had done some recon on during the day. We went pretty far into it and found that it leads to a HOUSING DEVELOPMENT!! Well since I live out in the country thats pretty cool because now we have a neighborhood to go to! So we went back to this tractor type thing, my friend poops on the roof of it, and we head home. Mission Accomplished!
Was that good for a first NO? Any ideas what to do for our next one?
Thanks,
42
 #477 
Old 2005-08-12, 02:15
JewDude JewDude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Hmmm...interesting concept, but at a point it starts sounding like glorified robery and vandalism.
Why not just go for thrill instead of messing with other peoples stuff? For all you know they may actually need the item or money you take from them. Plus were I live you'd get shot in about 5 minutes, its legal to shoot people for being on your property here. But there are some cool things around, I think I would have to side with res on the whole philosophy, practice stealth and explore and just enjoy it rather than steal, but then again as others have said, everyone can have their own deffinition.
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline Regular
Default a little off topic but: SWIM had the most successful day op today with SWIMs friend. They went to this candy distribution place hwere the trucks are always unlocked. They breached shortly after

the working day ended and took in their bookbag. They loaded up with candy and drinks but SWIMs friend found something SWIM surprisingly hadnt noticed BAGS FULL OF MONEY.
They werent that large, but two out of the trucks they checked had them. mostly coins but AT LEAST $200 worth FOR SWIMs 30 MINUTES WORTH OF MINIMAL WORK! I mean honestly TTHEY DONT EVEN LOCK THE TRUCKS! Well SWIM had to ditch the merch before returning home so that SWIM could get it all in successfully but SWIM is ging back out tonight while the parents are asleep to retrieve the loot. fenderboy947
 #478 
Old 2005-08-12, 04:43
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by JewDude:
Hmmm...interesting concept, but at a point it starts sounding like glorified robery and vandalism.
Why not just go for thrill instead of messing with other peoples stuff? For all you know they may actually need the item or money you take from them. Plus were I live you'd get shot in about 5 minutes, its legal to shoot people for being on your property here. But there are some cool things around, I think I would have to side with res on the whole philosophy, practice stealth and explore and just enjoy it rather than steal, but then again as others have said, everyone can have their own deffinition. Easy for the Jew to say dont take other people's stuff and money. Some of us arnt rich enough to buy everything that we want.
 #479 
Old 2005-08-12, 04:55
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Physco... you are... you are... You are an idiot.
ResdogMrwhite
"Jew jokes are about as funny as getting flashed by your grandma..."
 #480 
Old 2005-08-12, 06:19
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ResdogMrwhite:

Physco... you are... you are... You are an idiot. Yes.

It's luck, who leaves there car open on purpose? Very few.

For returning I find it best to go either an hour or 3 days later.
 #481 
Old 2005-08-12, 06:25
matty4522 matty4522 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think i should try this. I am going to go into my neighbors yard (abandoned) and jack a crowbar. I am going to quietly make a hole in the fence since i use it as a shortcut and i am tired of hopping the 7 foot wooden fence. Stupid but it is kind of a Night Op...
 #482 
Old 2005-08-12, 07:35
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Lately, I've been having much difficulty rousing myself for Night Ops. What does everyone here do to get themselves calmed, clearheaded, and less afraid before setting out? Pretty soon I will be doing an Op involving traveling through some very dark woods, and I am extremely apprehensive. Any ideas? Meditation, etc.?

Also, I've come across a nice workout program. Go running at night (it doesn't matter where) and point out to yourself all of the tactical advantages and disadvantages of different locations for different purposes. For example: "That bush there could be used best as cover for a few seconds, but wouldn't be effective for recon because it is exposed from the left side." Just keep looking around. It's great fun, and you can use it to familiarize yourself with an area. Be careful not to be too conspicuous, though, as you don't want your face connected to anything that may be happening later.

If I could only get past that forest part- that Op will kick before). Damn, that'll scare the shit out of me. I'll keep people get jumped. Hell.
 #483 
Old 2005-08-12, 08:13
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

It's no joke when you think about it, I have been chased by a guy before, (story posted above) No telling what the fucking crack-job would have done to me if he caught me (he was dressed shabby, hanging around a major highway at 3 AM) and save
all the rape jokes totseans... luckily he was probaly a burnout druggie, slow as hell. I am a semipro sponsored paintballer and a Junior and platoon leader at my academy. No match, I still could have twisted an ankle or something... fallen.
It doesn't occur often but... NOers occasionally get a rude awakening and learn they are not as alone as they thought they were... and there is a reason other than yourself that those cops are patrolling the streets.
You kind of just have to fight this paranoia with preparedness... out do your pursuer or attacker... out match him in weapons, out match him physically (fighting, etc.) and out-match him mentally... he is just a crackhead wandering around to late at night... you are the one inside your element of night, darkness is a tool not an inhibator... Just remember, when faced with that situation you may not think it but you are an intimadating figure to that crack-head in normal street clothes, face it... if half the NOers on this board are true to their equipment then we have a full fucking blown Jr. mercenary equipped army running around america at night.
ResdogMrwhite
"Who is up at 2 AM? insomniacs, NOers, meth-heads, coc-heads, acid heads???, cops."
[This message has been edited by ResdogMrwhite (edited 08-12-2005).]
 #484 
Old 2005-08-12, 10:36
derrodude derrodude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Secant:
Lately, I've been having much difficulty rousing myself for Night Ops. What does everyone here do to get themselves calmed, clearheaded, and less afraid before setting out? Pretty soon I will be doing an Op involving traveling through some very dark woods, and I am extremely apprehensive. Any ideas? Meditation, etc.?
. i find if you sit outside before you go on a op and just get familiar with the dark sourroundings, temperature , and the other elements few a few minutes it helps out a lot kind of like climatising to the situation. Beats just rushing into the whole situation.
 #485 
Old 2005-08-12, 14:09
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I have recently gotten into the Night Ops scene. Sorry for being yet another one, but I actually have the right idea and plan to do it properly. I know there is much more to Night Ops than just stealing and car shopping. This is a recount of my first op (written as if it was a story, which I might include in a book I wish to publish some day - but that may not be such a good idea)...
After spending weeks and weeks reading the infamous `Night Op' thread on totse, I was eventually inspired to get into Night Ops and go on my first `op'.
I thought long and hard about what I could do for my first op and eventually decided that something relatively safe and simple would be best. I thought about exploring some houses that were being renovated and I even toyed with the idea of going to my school maths teacher's house and defacing her car as revenge for not doing her job and then trying to expel me.
Before I could even consider going on an op I had to secure a way of sneaking out of my house at night undetected. With great difficulty, I managed to unscrew the burglar bars from my bedroom window and put the heavy metal bars under my bed. Then I had to find a way of bypassing the alarm system. Luckily, the alarm system in our house was a simple one. By use of magnetic sensors, it detects when a window or door is opened. I broke the sensor off the opening part of the window and used an elastic band to tie it to the other sensor so that the system always thinks that window is closed. My third problem was actually climbing in and out of the window, as there was quite a drop on the other side. I managed to find an old wooden work bench in the back garden and propped it against the wall under my window. I got my equipment together, which consisted of the following: Dark blue, semi-waterproof tracksuit pants; grey thermal gloves; a thermal vest; ankle support socks; a dark blue fleece jacket; a dark blue raincoat; dark brown leather boots; a dark blue beanie; a dark blue scarf to cover my mouth and of course a utility belt containing the following: A set of keys to the house gate, a compact LED halogen torch, two compact phillips and flat-head screwdrivers, a black permanent marker and a multi-tool pocket knife. Now I was ready!
I waited until everybody in the house had gone to bed and then I got dressed. I was anxious and looked at my digital alarm clock on the desk which displayed 23:45. I decided to leave my bedside lamp on so that I could see when I got back. I opened my window (without the alarm going off) and carefully climbed out into the back garden, all the time taking care not to make a sound. It was ice cold and my breath froze in the air through the woollen scarf covering my mouth and then I realised something. My grandfather's brother Raymond was staying with us on holiday and he was sleeping in the lounge - right where I had to sneak past! Now Raymond was a colossal man and heard everything. Many an unfortunate burglar had been incapacitated after making the mistake of breaking into his house. If he heard me (obviously he would not recognise me dressed the way I was in the dark), I would fit into that category and that would be that. Nonetheless, I decided to proceed. I walked extra carefully and saw that some idiot had left the outside light on (I did not want to turn it off as this would make a noise); there is no way I could remain unseen if a car went past. I silently unlocked and opened the gate and went out. A car went past so I ducked behind my mom's car. I then had to walk extra carefully along the driveway as it was tar except it was worn and like gravel. I walked along the lawn to a big bush by the fence and carefully climbed over. It was about a foot and a half high.
Now the area I live in is an upper-middle class suburb, it is residential but has a massive forestlike park close by and has lots of trees and bushes in parts. I walked to the end of the road and

decided which way to go, I went right as it was darker and that route had a lot more bushes and trees to hide behind. As I was walking I saw a beam of light stretch along the road ahead and knew that a car was coming - I dashed behind a tree and the car passed. I walked down to the next road turned left and went towards a big bush against someone's wall. I sat against the wall for a while. I was so nervous that someone at home would realise that I was gone. I was sixteen, but if I was caught I did not know what my excuse would be, but I carried on. I walked down to where the canal was as there were lots of trees and bushes down there and it has a sloped bank where I can hide easily. A few times a car came past and I had to duck behind a bush and hope I was not seen.
At this point I realised how very uncomfortable I was - the scarf covering my mouth was wet and kept falling off, the hood of the jacket combined with the beanie restricted my head movement to the extent that I could hardly turn my head, the jacket was preventing me from getting to my utility pack which was underneath and on top of all that I was swelteringly hot and was sweating like a pig. I crept along the line of trees on the bank and came to a little bridge that crossed the canal. I heard music and load voices in a house on the other side and guessed that there was a party or something going on there. From what I had read on totse, I knew that drunken partiers could mean trouble and I was not eager to be seen.
At this point I decided to tie things up and go home so I went halfway across the bridge took out my marker and drew a little anarchy sign on the railing. I started walking back home. I considered going through the park to the ADT guard's hut, but decided against it. As I was walking, a car turns into the road in front of me and the headlights hit me head-on, the car is still a little way off and in a vain attempt to remain unseen I through myself behind a bush and the car passes. They must've seen me and I was worried that they would phone the police and report a prowler in the area. In case this happened I did not want to stick around so I walked quickly back home. I climbed back over my fence and walked painfully slowly across the driveway, every crunch of gravel beneath my feet making me cringe. I walked through my back garden and climbed back through my bedroom window, now completely soaked with sweat. Luckily, my absence had not been noticed. My clock now read 0:40. I got out of my gear and went straight to bed.
It is difficult to determine whether this op was a success or not, as I had no definite plans or goals to start with. Although, I was spotted by a car, I was not identified, nobody confronted me or interfered with my `mission' and I made it in and out the house undetected. I also got a good feel for the night. But as a first op, I'd say it was a success.
What I have learnt from this op is the following:
1. Next time I will leave an hour later. This way I will encounter far less cars and more people will be asleep.
2. Next time, I will not wear the jacket, scarf or beanie. I will get a balaclava. I will be far more comfortable, I will be cooler and my movement will not be restricted.
3. Before going on the op, I should have had a better idea of what I wanted to do.
4. I shouldn't have been nervous - I owned the night. I should've just been careful.
5. That evening I should've double checked that everything was in place.
-Any suggestions / input?
 #486 
Old 2005-08-12, 19:46
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by ResdogMrwhite:

Physco... you are... you are... You are an idiot.

ResdogMrwhite

"Jew jokes are about as funny as getting flashed by your grandma..." Christ people- it was only a bad attempt at a joke. No need to rip me a new hole.

Experimental Experimental is offline Regular

Default I was once chased with a shotgun. I kept running up and bannging on this guys window. Experimental
 #487 
Old 2005-08-12, 22:59
Lime Cat Lime Cat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I'm doing my first op tonight, just going through my neighbors' backyards for dark pants, dark long sleeve shirt, mask, hat, red flashlight. anything else to
 #488 
Old 2005-08-12, 23:48
JewDude JewDude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Pshycho Fraud:

Easy for the Jew to say dont take other people's stuff and money. Some of us arnt rich enough to buy everything that we want. Who the hell said I was rich? I smell prejudice..o the wonderful scent of a small mind overheating as it trys to understand...don't let your mind wander too much, its too small to be out alone. By the way i'm not rich, in fact the stuff most of the people in here suggest buying or say they use is out of my price range, why don't you shove a hampster up your ass, then it can keep your head company.
 #489 
Old 2005-08-13, 00:04
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ill say it again- it was only a bad attempt at a joke. Don't try to make it anything more than that.
 #490 
Old 2005-08-13, 03:21
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I am so sorry I have to call it out again... I try to stay to legit posts but... experimental, you are... you are... A large waste of space. Please cease all attempts at ever posting on this thread again. Go waste your menial 11 year old life infront of the TV laughing at half-brained simpsons jokes and go carve "anarchy" into a tree or something... just stop posting here and stop attempting night operations, becuase what you do is childish... knocking on people windows???
Go fucking suck a bullet.
BTW lime cat...
Pack gum or water or a sports drink if you have the carrying space... I prefer gum, if you can chew it quietly and slowly or between tense moments it really helps for hydration... + gloves, I don't remember if you mentioned it or not, very essential.
ResdogMrwhite
"...ehhh."
[This message has been edited by ResdogMrwhite (edited 08-13-2005).]
 #491 
Old 2005-08-13, 03:54
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I am afraid that I dont understand the " Knocking on windows" thing. Dude I have nothing against Jewish people seeing as my dad and his entire side of the family are jewish.
Going on an N.O tonight. Going to a high end private school and do a recon. Should be fun. I have wanted to do this place for a while but the time hasnt been right.
 #492 
Old 2005-08-13, 05:11
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You sir... Have just made a fool out of yourself again, read posts physco, that was for USER: experimental. You should also seriously think about cutting down on the number of posts you do... for the sake of my well-being and sanity, Thank You. Also, stop apologizing for the piss-poor jew joke... and the offended jew, stop bitching about it. This is my last off-topic post as I am close to getting ulsers over this whole thing. Everyone from this point on needs to stfu if it isn't about legit NOing.
Thanks,
ResdogMrwhite
"where?... god damnit, where is my pepto-bismol?"
 #493 
Old 2005-08-13, 05:47
JewDude JewDude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Pshycho Fraud:
I am afraid that I dont understand the " Knocking on windows" thing. Dude I have nothing against Jewish people seeing as my dad and his entire side of the family are jewish.
Going on an N.O tonight. Going to a high end private school and do a recon. Should be fun. I have wanted to do this place for a while but the time hasnt been right. K. Then its all ok, no probs. Sorry if it seemed overeaction, I just like to stand up for myself rather than someone else. Res, if you think I made a big deal of it you might wanna look and see you actually made more post about being offended than I did, I only made one...and the joke wasn't even involving you.
 #494 
Old 2005-08-13, 09:17
Rock Rock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well, Jew + psycho + any other spamming bitches
SHUT THE FUCK UP unless it's about night ops
Dark, a few mistakes

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>You didn't test your gear
(e.g try getting stuff out of your bag whilst fully equipped)
<LI>You didn't have a plan: set an objective and recon the target area you'll know whether you're successful.
</UL>
Lime cat:
How about you set some sort of objective, then you know whether you completed it or just wasted your time. Do you have a dark colored watch?
I find I always need the time, I mean I feel pritty stupid when I plan to go out for 2 hours, rush back in fear of over-staying and then realise I'd only been out an hour.
Also gloves, you never know. They also conceal skin.
I wouldn't worry so much about gum on an exploration but in a more nerve racking operation it's a great idea Res.
A blade is always a good idea, but not essential.
Keep it on topic people.
 #495 
Old 2005-08-13, 15:17
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Back to the subject of NO, i need some ideas for places that will have cash, not merchandise. I think i may have found a place because they have to have change round the clock to give customers, so i believe there would have to be a safe or something inside their building. Any advice/comments well appreciated.
Psychlonic Psychlonic is offline Regular
Default Excuse the recent silence, I've been fighting fires and doing other forestry work since my last post, so there hasn't been time nor opportunity to say anything. What little time I had was dedicated to further weight and cardio training.
The result? I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm stronger, faster, and have a lot more stamina than ever - until tomorrow and hopefully everyday after.
On my off time during fires I've planned out some high-end ops I'm going to carry out very, very soon. Reports will come thereafter, but some details will be left out of course, you know how it

is...
Anyways, I'm here until sometime around October, when I enlist.
Farewell. Psychlonic
 #496 
Old 2005-08-13, 17:50
JewDude JewDude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Rock:
Well, Jew + psycho + any other spamming bitches
SHUT THE FUCK UP unless it's about night ops
Dark, a few mistakes
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>You didn't test your gear
(e.g try getting stuff out of your bag whilst fully equipped)
<LI>You didn't have a plan: set an objective and recon the target area you'll know whether you're successful.
</UL>
Lime cat:
How about you set some sort of objective, then you know whether you completed it or just wasted your time. Do you have a dark colored watch?
I find I always need the time, I mean I feel pritty stupid when I plan to go out for 2 hours, rush back in fear of over-staying and then realise I'd only been out an hour.
Also gloves, you never know. They also conceal skin.
I wouldn't worry so much about gum on an exploration but in a more nerve racking operation it's a great idea Res.
A blade is always a good idea, but not essential.
Keep it on topic people. Yeah, sorry bout staying of subject like that. Back on topic, I have an old abandoned radio station near my hous, you think that would be a good place to go mess around? Problem is that there are houses nearby (as in less than 20 feet away), what do y'all think bout that?
 #497 
Old 2005-08-13, 18:59
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Your friend...pooped on the roof?
 #498 
Old 2005-08-13, 20:40
42 42 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

lol yeah... see its like taking a blue flower as someone did... except the blue flower is poop and we're giving, not taking http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif lol. at least we didnt steal. am i right?
 #499 
Old 2005-08-13, 22:00
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

My first op I posted previously happened a week ago. Tonight I will go again. I have double and tripple checked everything. The purpose of this op will be revenge and possible car shopping as an added bonus. I will go to that teacher's house at about 1:00 in the morning and do as much damage as I can to her property and return home, hopefully with some car shopping spoils as a reward. I will scribble all over her and her husband's cars - then they will have to spend a fortune on two full re-sprays. I will also stick a 4" nail into each of the 8 tires so they will have to get 8 new tires and will not have transport for a while.
I do not agree with senseless vandalism, but this bitch had it comming.
Any advice before I set off?
 #500 
Old 2005-08-13, 22:59
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

School Recon
The Op at the private school was great. Exactly what I had been looking for.
Gear I carried
- Dark Blue Hoody - Dark Blue Gym Shorts

- Black Soccer socks - Black Running shoes
- Cloth Mask- Leather Gloves - Black Back pack - Red Filtered flashlight - Large screw driver multi tool - pepper spray - sling shot - Small First Aid kit - small set of Binoculars - Little bit of fishing line; every once in a while I have come across the need to tie something and it is much less noisy than duct tape - small notebook + pen -
- watch -
I set out around one, careful to make sure that my parents didn't hear me. Went out the back door then through the side gate, which had been oiled earlier that day. I stayed near the actual houses themselves so that I could stay as far away as possible from the street lights, every once and a while being forced to go through the back yards. Nothing really happened on the way there, saw 2 cars but they didn't see me. Over all it took me about 30 min to reach my target, but before that I could reach the actual school grounds I had to cross a bridge leading over a large creek. The problem was that the bridge had many lights all over it and no matter what I did I could be easily seen crossing it. I didn't see anyone around but I still wished to remain out of the light. I decided that I should look up and down the stream until I found a good spot to cross. The creek goes onto the property so I went up stream towards the school. After 5 min of searching I discovered A perfect place to cross. There were a number of stepping stones across and I managed to get to the opposite bank without getting wet. When I emerged from the woods by the creek I found myself right in front of the school. By darting shrub to bush in the shadows I quickly was among the actual buildings. The first thing that I did was peer into the windows to get a good idea of where in the different buildings things were located. I really wished to make a few notes but I needed a safe place to do so, so after searching I located a dumpster sitting on a wall below a low hanging part of the roof on the main building. I shimmied up there but when doing so I accidentally knocked over the one open lid on the dumpster. It made more noise than I thought possible for one person to do. I crawled along the roof and found a place to hide between two vents. I cupped my ears to listen and thankfully heard nothing. I made my notes before scanning the entire complex from the roof giving me a completely new understanding of the layout I, then did my best to make a rude map of the place and label each building. Then some movement caught my eye. I saw a man with a flashlight walking around the other side of the complex. I took note of the time before taking out my binoculars. I saw that he had on a dark hat with some label on it, a vest with security very clearly written across the front and back. He was wearing a large belt with some things on there but I couldn't tell what. I was fairly sure that he had no gun on though. He continued to walk between the buildings slowly making his way towards me. Eventually he reached me but thankfully took no notice of the shut dumpster. He passed on and continued to patrol. Once he was out of site I quickly got off the roof, quietly this time and hurried in the direction that he came from. I was anxious to find out whether or not they had a little security guard hut or not. I hunted for 15 min when I found it. It had glass windows for walls on all sides and the lights were on inside as well as a small TV. It was next to the woods so I was able to get up close to it and look inside. There was no one inside so got even closer. I saw a radio charging and was very much so tempted to take but didn't. However I did quickly go inside and change the channel and turn the volume all the way up. I was back into the woods as soon as possible and decided that I had been there long enough. Overall it had been about 55 min since I crossed the creek. I began to head back and was soon at the creek. I began to cross but about 4/5 of the way across I tripped on a rock and began to fall forward. My balls were crushed against another rock in the water. I somehow managed to reach the side and I laid there wallowing in pain for about 5-10 min. I forced myself to get back up and began to make my way home . The return took me longer though. When I was almost home I saw a coyote and I reached into my bag for the sling shot to scare it off but by the time I got it out it was gone. Nothing happened after that. Was inside my room by 3: 20
I plan on going again next week or so. I need to find where the security parks as well as check to see if they patrol at the same time. - I think that this time Ill wear gripping boots. Any suggestions?

ResdogMrwhite- My mistake- I misread what you posted
 #501 
Old 2005-08-13, 23:06
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dark Kaiser:
My first op I posted previously happened a week ago. Tonight I will go again. I have double and tripple checked everything. The purpose of this op will be revenge and possible car shopping as an added bonus. I will go to that teacher's house at about 1:00 in the morning and do as much damage as I can to her property and return home, hopefully with some car shopping spoils as a reward. I will scribble all over her and her husband's cars - then they will have to spend a fortune on two full re-sprays. I will also stick a 4" nail into each of the 8 tires so they will have to get 8 new tires and will not have transport for a while.
I do not agree with senseless vandalism, but this bitch had it comming.
Any advice before I set off? Think that you might be going a little overboard? You can still get you point across without resorting to such extremes.
 #502 
Old 2005-08-13, 23:59
ResdogMrwhite ResdogMrwhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Good op physco, I think you should have tried to penetrate the interior of the building though... Way to fuck with the security too. I wouldn't have taken the radio either. I wish I could op my high school... Camera's (multiple) every 15 feet. It is a 4 story school, laid out in a A wing, B wing, C wing, D wing... with alterations (lunch room, gym, etc) I've tried my best for two years to find where the camera's room is or recorders are... no luck. The office is fucking fort knox, the teachers even have their own staircase which I think I could try to get in at night, but that would mean police patrol evasion, major commute (like by car) and entry on ground floor (possible camera exposure) so, I have become contented with ripping up my suburbs & local business (I am going to try Cargill headquarters and maybe best buy headquarters)... oh the dreams we dream.
ResdogMrwhite
"2:30 AM I want to go to school really bad... how come about 4 hours later that isn't so?"
 #503 
Old 2005-08-14, 03:04
CheeseBot CheeseBot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Planning on opping for the first time tonight. im gonna check out some dumpsters on my half of town. speccially the dumpsters behind this bar, after reading some threads on a dumpster diving forum about this guy that got a shit load of free beer.
I will post again before i depart, its 8:04 mountain time right now, and i will be leaving around 1:30...now back to planning and gathering tools. CheeseBot
#540 Add Aft3r ImaGe to your ignore list
 #504 
Old 2005-08-14, 03:05
Aft3r ImaGe Aft3r ImaGe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I've noticed that most of you live in a Rural area and op somewhere else. I'm in a completely different situation. I live in the suburbs in florida. They're are street lights every where, drunks, and people having sex in all the parks... (not something you want to see when your passing through and they take the best hiding spots) My next problem is "ghetto" wanna bes who I've seen car shopping (small world eh?) They don't do shit if your with someone, but the point of NO is not to be seen right? I sneak out alot but I don't do it with gear. While sneaking out I've been offered a ride by drunks who thought I was a stoner, used a jacuzzi with some friends in an apartment complex, and watched cops go to 7-eleven at 3am while I rode by thier car to get home. Heres my NO problem, I live in a densly populated area with alot of teens / random people and I've never not seen people out at night, alot of people sneak out, the roads are crowded till 3 am, street lights everywhere, no cover and the police here are known for being assholes (my friend got a ticket for not wearing a bike helmet). There is no way I can dress full gear without high risk. So my plan is as follows : Grey pants, Dark blue jacket with hood, belt to put gear on. I did recon last night and I used straps (around my neck then I hooked the gear to the straps) to hold my gear. To look normal I zip up my jacket and put my hood up, jacket is low enough to cover gear on belt, so my gear is now invisible. I'm not sure wether to wear gloves or keep my hands in my pockets while walking, each has advantages and disadvantages. If anyone has any urban/suburban op expiriance that they'ed like to elaborate on I'd appreciate it.
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline Regular
Default ^^^
Well we may be able to help you a bit better if your requests are more specific. Hell, there are numerous ways to go about doing things but its senseless to try and post them all so be somewhat detailed and ill do my best to help. fenderboy947
 #505 
Old 2005-08-14, 06:54
CheeseBot CheeseBot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Alright, i decided to leave and do my op much much earlier as i was very bored and wanted to go do something so i left at about 9.The weather was beautiful for an NO, tons of thunder and lighting to throw off any noises i make that someone might hear, and the clouds blocked out the moon.
I decided to kill some time and acclimate to the night by taking a stroll over to this local L.A.N gaming place called Live Fire, after sitting there a bit talking to some friends and drinking some soda i left at around 11:00 to go op.
I made my way down some streets to the main st brewrey to check out the dumpster in the back alley, but when i got to the alley i noticed a car driving into it, so i waited a bit and walked down the block to the other end of the alley, and saw the car driving out, so i went in to check out the dumpster.
When much to my amazement, there are already people picking through the dumpster!
So i just went on my way to check out a few other dumpsters in the area, untill i saw a few cop cars, and then decided to call it a night, as i saw 3 more on my way toward the next dumpster.
All in all it was a very sloppy mission, but i believe a success none the less, i found out where some dumpsters are at businesses worth diving at.
So, thats my first night op, any critiques from some veterans? CheeseBot
#543 Add Chikushou to your ignore list
 #506 
Old 2005-08-14, 10:23
Chikushou Chikushou is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

So I was going to go on a bit of an op tonight, then I realized I had nowhere really to go. So instead I just snuck around a bit in the alley behind my house. Nothing exciting happened, though I did learn of a new motion sensing light thing(the hard way). Basically I said, oh that looks like a motion sensor on the bottom there, but I've never seen it light up before... So I went right near it, it lit up, I hid between 2 sheds for the 5 damn minutes it took to turn off, and then snooped around back yards a little more.
I do, however, have ideas for future ops, that need to be planned out a bit more. There's a few houses I noted a few days back being constructed, and also I had the idea to go onto the roof of a fast food joint(ladder is attached to the side of the building about 7 feet off the ground, so a jump and a pull should enable access). Also ran into a bit of equipment problems with this op, as I was unable to locate a hoodie I was planning on wearing, and the red cover for my flashlight sucked. But that's why I go out on simple ops. To learn.
 #507 
Old 2005-08-14, 11:33
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I did not go on the op. I planned to leave at 1:00, but for some strange and unapparent reason my

mom decided to stay up until 1:30. When she finally went to her room I left the house and when I was about to hop the fence, I see her light is still on and I'm like 'shit, that's not cool'. Then I was hit by a wave of panic and went back because I thought my absence had been noted. I got back and everything was as it had been when I left.
I'm 16 but still have such a problem with sneaking out the house. Does anyone else have this problem or am I just absolutley paranoid?
 #508 
Old 2005-08-14, 17:26
Narukagami Warrior Narukagami Warrior is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I can't sneak out of my house either. My mom gets up to use the bathroom about a dozen times every night. I just went back to school, so I haven't thought about going on an op in about a week. The houses were I live are really no challenge. When I can finally drive(I'm to lazy to take the test) I'll have an excuse to be out at night. Soon I'm going to work with a friend to find a place to op. When I finally do one, I'll post on here.
 #509 
Old 2005-08-14, 20:36
JewDude JewDude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I live in a pretty populated area, and even though I can sneak out easy enough, I can't think of anywhere to go besides the old radio station near my house, noone here cares about dumpster diving really, you could do that pretty easy without risk. What should I do, do you think the radio station is worth checking out? How can I get by the street lights if i do go there? Any ideas or advice would help.
 #510 
Old 2005-08-14, 20:40
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

sure check out the radio station. is there an antenna tower still up? if there is check out Radio Free Amerika and start a pirate radio station. go around the street lights. nothing else to do unless you dress inconspicuously.
 #511 
Old 2005-08-14, 21:09
Moderator
 
USA
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by JewDude:
I live in a pretty populated area, and even though I can sneak out easy enough, I can't think of anywhere to go besides the old radio station near my house, noone here cares about dumpster diving really, you could do that pretty easy without risk. What should I do, do you think the radio station is worth checking out? How can I get by the street lights if i do go there? Any ideas or advice would help. Probably worth it, just for something to do. Migh try shooting them with a pellet gun 3 days in advance. How busy is the area near it? If you were caught, vandalism isn't too bad, but if it's nowhere...
 #512 
Old 2005-08-14, 22:01
JewDude JewDude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by fenderboy947:
sure check out the radio station. is there an antenna tower still up? if there is check out Radio Free Amerika and start a pirate radio station. go around the street lights. nothing else to do unless you dress inconspicuously. The lights should't be too big a problem, most people around here are pretty relaxed, problem is there are just a few who might care, and the live practically on the station. The street is a pretty major street, it has a Burger King and McDonalds and a bunch of other stuff opened all night. I guess my only real worry is just around that area, I could maybe go through the marsh to get there from behind. Also I leave right near the JCC and a Synagouge that the chief of police attends, and the local headquarters for the ATF so there are a number of police patrolling the area, and I actually know some of them and they are decent guys so I don't actually want to screw with them. So what do y'all think of a marsh entrance?
 #513 
Old 2005-08-14, 22:41
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Dark Kaiser, your paranoia is fully warranted. I have the same problem. All my gear must be stored in my room to prevent my parents from finding it, and of course my room is past their open doorway at night. Passing their room on my way out always freaks me out, as the hallway is very creaky. You were right to return when you saw your mom's light. Discretion is a good thing.
EDIT:
The radio station looks like a good, challenging op. I'd say go for it. Recon ops or daytime observation should provide enough information to plot your course up to the building. However, if you don't want to have any interaction with the cops (for fear of identification or otherwise), abort

at the first sign of danger. If you get a bad feeling, don't do it.
Actually, now that I think about it, all the lights in the open businesses across the street could make it harder for an observer to see you, as their eyes will be adjusted to the brightness. By the same token, however, the same lights could expose your silhouette if you don't remain behind cover for the whole time. Road traffic could also cover your noises somewhat. You could try moving only when a car is passing if you're in a delicate situation you need to get away from.
Doing some more night running tonight. School op coming soon.
[This message has been edited by Secant (edited 08-14-2005).]
niggaz on night ops niggaz on night ops is offline
australia Default i did sum ops last night me and to others we have full camo face paint knifes all that shit but my noom friend gave us away we wer taking power tools and he jumped on sheet metal and people came with dogs and lights so we ran
niggaz on night ops
 #514 
Old 2005-08-15, 08:50
Darkstalker Darkstalker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

you pussy
 #515 
Old 2005-08-15, 10:32
derrodude derrodude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Secant:
Passing their room on my way out always freaks me out, as the hallway is very creaky.
I find with creaky floors if you keep to the edge of the wall and move slowly the floorboards hardly creak at all compared to moving in the centre of the hall or room. Try to practise in the day sneaking out so when its comes to the night you are fully prepared.
[This message has been edited by derrodude (edited 08-15-2005).]
 #516 
Old 2005-08-15, 10:36
derrodude derrodude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by niggaz on night ops:
i did sum ops last night me and to others we have full camo face paint knifes all that shit but my noom friend gave us away we wer taking power tools and he jumped on sheet metal and people came with dogs and lights so we ran
You can tell that he's a nigger...
 #517 
Old 2005-08-15, 15:20
hendrix_player hendrix_player is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hey guys this is my first post here at totse
anyways, near my house theres a golfcourse with a barn and a pool, me and my friend go there often at night and swim in the pool and hangout on the golfcourse
i was wonderin if u guys would consider this a NO
also, can u think of anything else i could do on a NO? im kinda runnin low on ideas
thnx and let no woods go unexplored
-Hendrixplayer
 #518 
Old 2005-08-15, 16:41
dontdrinkbleach dontdrinkbleach is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

^^ Thats not really a N/O, a N/O is when you sneak out at night and do loads of crazy stuff like trespassing B&E etc. http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ir...nua178985.html
[This message has been edited by dontdrinkbleach (edited 08-15-2005).]
 #519 
Old 2005-08-15, 17:24
thebestofme thebestofme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

speaking of sneaking around, i was going out on an op at 230 and caught three punks :carshopping: my car, snuck up about two feet from then and yelled "yer some sneaky little shits aren't ya" and they darted off like there was no tomorrow, me being a runner and all it was no problem catching one of them, caught him tore his shirt off and gave him a good deck on the nose, they didn't take anything so i left him alone, found blood on my hand when i got inside... so i must have broken his nose at least.. pretty funny i think
[This message has been edited by thebestofme (edited 08-15-2005).]
 #520 
Old 2005-08-15, 17:36
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

It'd be halarious if they posted here.
But you know they'd change the story. =)
 #521 
Old 2005-08-15, 17:59
Sentinel owl Sentinel owl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Man night ops has really gone to hell, hasn't it?
 #522 
Old 2005-08-15, 18:29
Regular
 
Inside the cage that is my mind.
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sentinel owl:
Man night ops has really gone to hell, hasn't it? Yes they have. And people here dont think that maybe thare are people in the house looking at you with a scope. I do that somthimes at night. I just look all around looking at people and cars. As for camo dont ware face camo you could be walking and then thare is a cop diving behind you and yoiu dont know so you dont hide. What are you going to say when you look like your ready to

go to Iraq. Whare Woodland camo BDUs and a Metal band T. Cuz alot of Metal bands T's are black with alot of grays
so you still blend and you dont look like a supe cool N3ja thats going to jail.
Whatever some one I know went car shopping or what ever you kids call it know a days. She got a Car DvD player with like 100 Dvds. A 1000 Music Cds. The new HaryPotHead book. And like $30. Plans Dumpser Dive at Mall, Go to Golf cores, yard shop, andcar shop the collage kids when school starts cuz they got Labtops and sk8tbords.
Torch Out
thebestofme thebestofme is offline
peoria illinois us Default totally agree with the "war paint", just wear a mask of some sort, and i wear off brand under armour, black, and black cloth running pants, with black running shoes. if cop asks what i am doing, just say out for a run. if he asks why your all dressed in black, say either, i'm and idiot and didn't think anything of it, or that your dressing dark so no crak heads see you to try and rape you, or just say your in a gang... http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif kidding, don't tell him your in a gang thebestofme
 #523 
Old 2005-08-15, 20:42
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Who's going on night ops tonight?
 #524 
Old 2005-08-15, 21:05
the_russky the_russky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hey all
this is my first time posting here
me and a friend whom i will tefer to as strawberries (for no god damn reason) have done a number of ops. At first, the whole point of the OP was to get ouit of the house, because our parents were paranoid. But after about 6 op's of just biking arouund at night, we were comfortable with getting out. We could not think of many things to do. A couple times we went to creepy places (like a forest). Then we discoverd the magic of fire. Right in the middle of Suburban Canada there was a hill that is shaped liek a volcano- you can go inside it and do whatever withut being seen. We would simply burn fires there. After a few bireburnings (with hot dogs) we decided to start doing some stupid shit. The first stupid thing we did was rotate a streetsign with a stipsign on it, so it faces the wrong road. After than we ripped some signg out of the grouund. And then came a night when we were determined to do something crazy. We took a set of demolition

tools, and we went to a neighbouring suburban community. We flipped over a really heavy mailbox- it will take about 5 people to lift it back up. We cut some barbed wire fences. We went over to a bike rack and cut every bike lock that was left on it. We put all the locks in a pile. Then we fucked snuck into a tractor, but that was uneventful because the tractor did not have a fire extinguisher. We fucked around with a construction site, flipping over some of their signs. Then we ripped another NO DOGS sign out of the ground and put it over a sprinkler that was pissing us off. And during this OP, we cut through about 5 back yards, b ut did not steal anything.
We have some ideas for future ops-
- get inside a school - we have scouted the outside of the building but not the inside yet- we will visit the building in september.
- break into an abandoned church and do something or other there
- cut somebody's tramp
These are some of the things we are considering- any ideas?
 #525 
Old 2005-08-15, 21:44
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by thebestofme:
totally agree with the "war paint", just wear a mask of some sort, and i wear off brand under armour, black, and black cloth running pants, with black running shoes. if cop asks what i am doing, just say out for a run. if he asks why your all dressed in black, say either, i'm and idiot and didn't think anything of it, or that your dressing dark so no crak heads see you to try and rape you, or just say your in a gang... http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif kidding, don't tell him your in a gang
Yeah I usually tie a mask from a t-shirt and then if i need to make it dissapear pullit down and put it on...
 #526 
Old 2005-08-15, 21:58
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by the_russky:
hey all
this is my first time posting here

me and a friend whom i will tefer to as strawberries (for no god damn reason) have done a number of ops. At first, the whole point of the OP was to get ouit of the house, because our parents were paranoid. But after about 6 op's of just biking arouund at night, we were comfortable with getting out. We could not think of many things to do. A couple times we went to creepy places (like a forest). Then we discoverd the magic of fire. Right in the middle of Suburban Canada there was a hill that is shaped liek a volcano- you can go inside it and do whatever withut being seen. We would simply burn fires there. After a few bireburnings (with hot dogs) we decided to start doing some stupid shit. The first stupid thing we did was rotate a streetsign with a stipsign on it, so it faces the wrong road. After than we ripped some signg out of the grouund. And then came a night when we were determined to do something crazy. We took a set of demolition tools, and we went to a neighbouring suburban community. We flipped over a really heavy mailbox- it will take about 5 people to lift it back up. We cut some barbed wire fences. We went over to a bike rack and cut every bike lock that was left on it. We put all the locks in a pile. Then we fucked snuck into a tractor, but that was uneventful because the tractor did not have a fire extinguisher. We fucked around with a construction site, flipping over some of their signs. Then we ripped another NO DOGS sign out of the ground and put it over a sprinkler that was pissing us off. And during this OP, we cut through about 5 back yards, b ut did not steal anything.
We have some ideas for future ops-
- get inside a school - we have scouted the outside of the building but not the inside yet- we will visit the building in september.
- break into an abandoned church and do something or other there
- cut somebody's tramp
These are some of the things we are considering- any ideas? I wouldn't really consider those ops since they were not actually planned. But if you start seriosly getting into night ops, you already have all the fundamental skills and experience (going through backyards, sneaking out the house etc.). Just try cutting down on all the jackass type stuff - it is an unnececary risk.
 #527 
Old 2005-08-15, 22:01
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sioux:
Last night I went on an op. I started mastubating and shot boiling wax over your mother while she was sleeping. OMG. Not you Sioux, what's all this bullshit? I used to have respect for you, but now...
 #528 
Old 2005-08-16, 00:34
Cepheus Cepheus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Lots of petty vandalism around town is a sure-fire way to get the police on your tail; best tone it down a bit.
As for future ideas, the school is a good idea, especially if a teacher of some description has seriously pissed you off. Scrawl hate messages to them around the school in two-foot high letters; they will probably have to leave because their 'authority' would have been undermined.
 #529 
Old 2005-08-16, 03:27
thebestofme thebestofme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

yeah i use the t-shirt idea also, since my balaclava is woodland print, & the rest of my outfit is just black, i got the t-shirt instructions from http://www.entertheninja.com/ninja_f...rt_ninja.shtml
its really good, and all that vadalising is completely un-necessary, that kind of shit makes it hard to detemrmin us opers from just normal teen punks.
 #530 
Old 2005-08-16, 06:01
Risk Risk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by the_russky: Hey.
Firstly, I have no fucking idea what the hell that says, can you please check it makes sense before you submit a post.
Secondly that is merely sneaking out and committing mindless vandalism.
What if somebody dies because you thought it would be cool to remove a stop sign?
Nights ops aren't about vandalism, stealing and revenge. The thrill of being somewhere you're not supposed to be, infiltrating buildings, yards, what ever.
Notice lack of word 'stupid' and 'shit'.
I like the shirt ninja, you're parents are less suspicious than if you are getting them to wash a black balaclava(Since you all seem to be wanting escape from them).
Keep on night ops topic.
 #531 
Old 2005-08-16, 06:23
se_killer se_killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i'm planning to go on a night op soon but there are a few obstacles. my parents are super paranoid so they have sealed off every door and every window with a ADT alarm that plays a fucking high pitched tune whenever a door or window is opened with the alarm being on. i have manged to squeeze out of my dad the passwords that are needed in order to turn the alarms on and off. i have no problem sneaking around the house because i've been practicing for years (not for night ops but for swipping stuff that's in their bedroom while they're sleeping). i think i'm ready to get to my point. i know the alarm passwords. what i'm wondering is, what happens if i type the password incorrectly? will the alarm go off?
[This message has been edited by se_killer (edited 08-16-2005).]
Risk Risk is offline
Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by se_killer:
i'm planning to go on a night op soon but there are a few obstacles. my parents are super paranoid so they have sealed off every door and every window with a ADT alarm that plays a fucking high pitched tune whenever a door or window is opened with the alarm being on. i have manged to squeeze out of my dad the passwords that are needed in order to turn the alarms on and off. i have no problem sneaking around the house because i've been practicing for years (not for night ops but for swipping stuff that's in their bedroom while they're sleeping). i think i'm ready to get to my point. i know the alarm passwords. what i'm wondering is, what happens if i type the password incorrectly? will the alarm go off?
Not all alarms are the same, although my thought would be that they would just beep or something.
Risk
 #532 
Old 2005-08-16, 08:07
Chikushou Chikushou is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

You could try turning on the alarm while they're not home, then hitting a wrong button combo and seeing for yourself. Unless it actually notifies anyone like an alarm center.
 #533 
Old 2005-08-16, 09:28
derrodude derrodude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sioux:
Last night I went on an op. I started mastubating and shot boiling wax over your mother while she was sleeping. I think he was refering to my mum ...... barstard
 #534 
Old 2005-08-16, 13:38
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ive been reading the threads about night ops/car shopping and cant believe people in the US leave their cars unlocked. Here in the UK every car is locked and alarmed, know someone who tried it here - they found 1 unlocked out of about 50, so much for that 1 in 20...
 #535 
Old 2005-08-16, 15:37
-extremist -extremist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Training For Night Operations(Night Ops)
Just a basic guide written by me, to help you in your own preparations for Night Operations, took me a while to write so don't just flame me!
--Technique--
A Tactical Manual for Nighttime Missions
This is a good link, it will provide you with the basic idea of a night op, and hopefully make you aware of what you need to do in order to succeed on an operation, read it through. I do not have much to say about this apart from practice in the daylight so you get used to being silent and efficient, but IMO, if you are intelligent enough, you won't get caught.
--Training--
Firstly, I think you have to be realtively fit to do NO's, a fat 15 year old kid isnt going to be that great at keeping silent and getting away..not to mention the heavy breathing of a fatty. Sorry chubs, lose some weight before you get into this.
Running - Chances are you will need to do some running at some point within a night op, so practice it, go out running two or three times a week, and progressively increase the distance/intensity so you get better, soon you will be fit as a fiddle and be able to get away from a chase.
Try these for running techniques

Jogging - This is to help your endurance, just a nice gentle jog, if you are a "n00b" you might feel you're aching after anything from 1-5 miles most probably, so do something which is suitable for you to start and progress slowly.
Sprinting - Practice Sprinting, it will seriously benefit you, I am confident of outsprinting anyone in my community, and have done on several occasions. Sprinting burns fat like mad as well.
Interval Training - Google the term "HIIT" for more information, this will burn fat like crazy! It will get you fit in no time at all.
You need to master different aspects of running, you can practice this stuff at a local field or park or even just round your block, I am currently working on maximum length of a flat out sprint.
--General Fitness--
BUD/S Warning Order
This is the NAVY SEALS Warning Order, if you complete it, you will be incredibly fit. Have a go if you think you are intermediate -&gt; advanced at training, not for beginners.
--Jumping--
Air Alert 3
This is the Air Alert 3 program, it will help you increase your vertical jump goals, this will help when jumping through gardens over and onto walls, over fences etc, and chances are it will improve your sprinting techniques as it improves the explosive power in the legs.
--Strength Training using limited equipment--
OK, you don't need to be Mr Olympia to be good at NO but some strength training implemented into your current routine will help you tremendously with NO, remember we aren't trying to get huge muscles, we want functional strength so we focus on exercises like
Pull-ups
Chins
Pushups(Handstand, Elevated, Normal, Close Grip)
Hanging Leg Raises
Bodyweight Squats, Calf Raises etc.. for the legs
I actually implement gymnastic type training into my routine, it makes you strong as hell and coordinated which helps when climbing anything or springing off the ground for a fast take off. I recommend some Power Rings... Available Here your strength will be at a new level in no time whatsoever. Apart from that stick to the basic exercises mentioned above, pull-ups are essential as it works the muscles used in climbing. If exercises become to easy...MAKE IT HARDER! try one armed pushups, HARD ARENT THEY!! I can do 12 at the moment; my arms are ridiculously strong from them. Just add imagination to everything.
If you check out Combat Fitness - you will find almost every bodyweight exercise worth doing on there, if you are unsure about exercises, ask me my email is at the bottom.
Olympic Body through Bodyweight Conditioning

Check the above link out, its fucking awesome, and it will sculpt you into a new level of fitness.
--Weight Training--
Don't go overboard with weight training, and I can imagine most people in this forum will flame the fuck out of me for putting this section in, oh well, tough shit.
I do advocate weight training but only low volume, low reps and stick to the basics, this adds insane strength but I still think Bodyweight Conditioning is more suitable for Night Ops than weight training itself, but variety is the spice of life so do both if you can, you can pick up
a 300lb Barbell set for $99 from Sports Authority I think(I don't live in USA so I wouldn't know)
Also, make sure you keep your training functional, remember you are not a bodybuilder, you are a NOer, chances are if you're doing half the stuff I told you, you will have a damn good physique anyway, and better than those juiced up meatheads down at GOLDS!!!
Stick to low reps, low volume, this is beneficial for adding strength without unnecessary bulk. If you can get hold of the book "Power to the People" by Pavel Tsatsouline then read it.
Stick to the basic exercises;
Deadlift
Squat
Bench Press/Floor Press
Overhead Press
Hang Cleans
For more on functional training visit Crossfit
--Climbing--
Go out and climb trees and buildings or anything! It certainly helps not only with upper body strength but this will help on an op in a variety of circumstances.
--General Links--
Parkour Techniques - although "parkour" is a sport, some of the fundamental aspects can be excellent use on a night op, I once had to "precision jump" from tree to tree(you can practice floor precision jumps in your garden), and wouldn't have been able to do it without practice.
www.infiltration.org]Infiltration - Check it out.
--Notes--
Remember this is just a very basic training guide, and I would recommend training with your pack on, then you get used to having this weight with you. Read through the threads to find out what to take in a rucksack.
I am going to write up a more in depth guide when I have the time probably with and FAQ as well if you have any questions email them to me at sparkym@gmail.com (this is also my MSN

Messenger "addy" so add me if you want). Put "NO QUESTION" in the title of an email you send, so it doesn't get deleted as SPAM. I will be sure to include some questions in the article remember I have been training for a couple of years and have a good level of fitness/strength so ask me anything regarding training, as I have learnt what are the best methods are for certain aspects of Life and especially NO through trial and error.
If you have anything you would like to add let me know please, as I want this to help people to the maximum effect.
Thanks for your time, I hope you enjoyed it
-extremist
[This message has been edited by -extremist (edited 08-16-2005).]
 #536 
Old 2005-08-16, 16:09
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Fuck! extremist,you take night ops seriously don't you?
What memorable ops have you been on, and when are you going next?
 #537 
Old 2005-08-16, 17:30
Choscura Choscura is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

several things worth mentioning that may or may not help: first, with decks, wood floors, whatever, look for the tread pattern- the parts of the wood where it's obvious people have done a lot of walking (for example, the middle of a doorway is an obvious place, because thats how they get into the spot your looking at or get into a closet beyond it or whatever. thats the place where the floor is MOST likely to creak, because on a wood floor, after a while the wood compressesbut the nails that hold it in don't, leaving a little bit of play room between the wood and the stud that gets squeezed out (forcing the wood to scrape along the nail, creating the creaking sound) when you step on it.
another thing worth mentioning is line of sight: here's a test for it. what's above your head, right now, right as you read this?
it's hard to remember without looking, isn't it? especially with more than two objects at a time. and again- how often do you look more than three or four feet above eye level, except in places where experience has told you that you need to- such as stair wells, climbing walls at the gym, or in purely incidental places- the airport, for instance, when you're watching planes take off. generally,

when you're in a park, or in an office block/strip mall, you probably AREN'T looking at the silhouettes of the rooftops nearby or the trees around you- if you've followed the logic this far, you probably have figured out by now that climbing is an excellent way of hiding.
also, in case any complete idiot sees this and decides 'gee, I'm an UBER 1337 doOd, I can do tHis!1!' I have some homework for you to do. and no bitching an moaning, this will save your ass if- when- you get caught. first, look up the private property rules for your state and county (for example, it's not a good idea for me to go NO'ing here because trespassing private property is basically giving anybody with a gun all the reason they need to shoot you- and then some). second, figure out what to do when... X happens. what is x? it's anything you don't expect. what happens if you're shot at? do you surrender, do you run? what if theres a guard dog, do you take it out, befriend it, or go around it? this is the kind of shit that most people don't think about but need to.
 #538 
Old 2005-08-16, 17:43
navyseals101 navyseals101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I dont usually post here but this is like the master opp,
Go to a storage complex, at the ones ive gone to they have every camera thats thier sees the other camera, a perfect setup that way there is no way to bypass the cameras, from the ground or perhaps maybee even on the roof. But if you can get into a storage complex it might be fun just to snip everyones lock off and then leave lol the next day theyll have to call every person so they all can get new locks or some shit lol. Plus they will be scared shitless since theyre complex could of been robbed
 #539 
Old 2005-08-16, 18:51
thebestofme thebestofme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

so which areas are best to B&E? country or suburban... theres +&- for each, country, no neighbors, suburban police can get there faster, country, dogs and big guns, suburban easier gettaway....any other ideas,.. coments
TAR
 #540 
Old 2005-08-16, 18:59
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

suburban, I would guess
[This message has been edited by lexxx666 (edited 08-16-2005).]
The Torch The Torch is offline Regular
Inside the cage that is my mind. Default suburban would win not only do you get a biger changes of geting more and differint stuff you have an easier gettaway.
The Torch
Out The Torch
 #541 
Old 2005-08-16, 21:35
thebestofme thebestofme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

hmm true, but also wouldn't people in country feel alot more safer,.. thus leaving doors unlocked, gun racks unlocked, and such... making entrance a hassle free obvective
sweet shit huh
 #542 
Old 2005-08-16, 21:54
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

you'd stand out more in the country - every1 knows each other in villages, and in the UK country people are more likely to have guns...on the other, people in cities are more clued up...statistically, the country is still supposed to be safer
 #543 
Old 2005-08-16, 21:56
-extremist -extremist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by lexxx666:

Fuck! extremist,you take night ops seriously don't you?
What memorable ops have you been on, and when are you going next? Yeah, I take them pretty seriously, you have to in order to increase your chances of success(my current success rate is 100%). That was a Physical Training guide for Night Ops. I personally can't write much on technique apart from actually practicing what you would do on a night op and obviously practice skills like jumping, climbing and running which prepare you for the worst. There are many posts which do help with technique.
There have been many memorable ops(I may do another write up), and I beleive in taking minimal equipment to be honest.
My next op is a simple op, with no specific objectives..yet, later it may yield into one of the finest ops I have ever done. I am physically and mentally ready for the task.
-extremist
If anybody fancies discussing ops on MSN Messenger - sparkym@gmail.com
 #544 
Old 2005-08-17, 01:29
insomniac5027 insomniac5027 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

what is so wrong with being in an illegal place at any given time? im sure someone can come up for an answer to that one
 #545 
Old 2005-08-17, 02:40
fenderboy947 fenderboy947 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

extremist, another thing to add is jump rope. Jumping applies to everything. it helps get your legs stronger, your feet quicker, and your hand-foot coordination better.
Another thing ive learned is the squat jump. start in a squatting position, then jump as high as you can and throw your hands into the air. Note: when you do the squat you MUST start with your hands on the ground or you lessen the benefits. Do about 20 of these outside on a hot day with some weight ona nd youll be tired.
PS: i learn all this from football hehe so i have to weight train everyday which keeps me in spectacualr shape for night ops. Im not telling everyone to go join a football team, but if you stick to a training regimen much like we do and keep up with it youll be in great shape in no time
 #546 
Old 2005-08-17, 03:44
se_killer se_killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

what if worst comes to worst and you get arrested by the police and you're a minor?
 #547 
Old 2005-08-17, 04:19
Choscura Choscura is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:what is so wrong with being in an illegal place at any given time? im sure someone can come up for an answer to that one the most obvious answer is that in america, everything is based around business, and businesses are so scared shitless of being fucked over that they point the finger at anyone who doesn't toe the line and label them 'unprofitable' (through a variety of different means- for more information, ask your parole officer). catching you in a place you aren't supposed to be leads people to many conclusions based on the experiences of others as seen on tv: for example, if you're dressed all in black, and in someone's back yard, chances are you're not looking for the sprinkler controls to fix that leaky sprinkler head- a safe (paranoid?) assumption is that you're up to no good- and never mind whether or not your up to any bad.
businesses generally take this paranoia to a second or third level, and corporations crank up the paranoia ten or twelve levels- are you ( the night opper in question) a corporate spy? a burgular with his eye on selling their latest software designs or blueprints? a burgular? a former employee hell bent on revenge?
the idea that you're there simply because you can be boggles the mind. you have to remember these are people who do things not because they can, but because they see monetary gain from doing so. they will literally think you are crazy when you tell them what you're there for- so it's always a good idea to have an alibi, and someone to back it up- something that completely removes any involvement on their part.
for example, bring a roll of toilett paper on an op (in a black bag, of course) and if/when you get caught, you can claim that you were going to TP a company manager's car because you'd heard he was an ass, or were on the way to TP a friends house and the fence just happened to be another obstacle in the greatest TP of all time. not the greatest excuses, but it gets the idea across.
so not to sound like a fucking den mother, be careful, don't get your ass shot off.
 #548 
Old 2005-08-17, 04:44
DontStickThatThere DontStickThatThere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by 42:

Me and a friend went on our first NO yesterday. We live in this small town in oklahoma (not much to do). We left my house at around midnight and headed about a mile to this pretty big construction yard that we had done some recon on during the day. We went pretty far into it and found that it leads to a HOUSING DEVELOPMENT!! Well since I live out in the country thats pretty cool because now we have a neighborhood to go to! So we went back to this tractor type thing, my friend poops on the roof of it, and we head home. Mission Accomplished!
Was that good for a first NO? Any ideas what to do for our next one?
Thanks,
42 im the friend...no seriously.
 #549 
Old 2005-08-17, 05:01
The Walrus The Walrus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I have recently moved interstate to a small town and am going to walk the area tonight and get to know my way around the area in the dark, there are a few factories that i have been keeping my eyes on.
Will keep you all updated.
Special. K Special. K is offline Regular
NZ Send a message via ICQ to Special. K Send a message via MSN to Special. K Default Long time voyer of this thread.
I've become quite interested in NO'ing recently, but because im dirt poor, i have only a trusty flashlight and dark clothes.
I snuck out to the local bowling club the other night (roughly 10 minutes walk)
I was about to hop the fence (1metre high) when i noticed the 2 story house across the street from my entry point had lights on, and low and behold there were people in the window washing dishes. I decided to lie down behind a van that would conciel(sp) me from their view. after 3 or 4 minutes lying down on the wet pavement, i got up to check the status of the 2 civilians, they were gone from view. so i rolled over the fence and slowly made my way down a few steep ledges to the green. Thats when i noticed there was a shed on the hill above (still bowling green property) so i climbed up these stairs towards the shed, lay down once again to prevent myself from being seen, and unbolted the shed.
Once inside i was disappointed with my findings, a couple of shovels, a big tonne of fertiliser, a stick of string, and 2 buckets. I pocketed the string and crept out again (i retrieved the shovels later at night).
After a brief toilet stop in the bushes, i continued to look around the bowling green. I made my way over to the clubhouse (About the size of 3 surburban houses & expensive looking) and i

noticed they had a mini-dumpster, so in i went. In the mini dumpster i found a working microphone, a long list of peoples names and phonenumbers, and some form of ac/adapter which i didnt take.
I then went alittle closer to the building itself, scouting, and looking for possible entry points for future reference. i checked all the door knobs to see if any were unlocked, but to no avail. However, before making my grande exit through the front gate, i noticed a motion detector, so i crept very slowly towards the gate. Once outside the gate, i slammed it pritty hard to try and get it to shut (its a huge wooden one) and unfortunatly, that set of the motion detector and the whole green practically lit up with these various porch lights.
I hightailed it pretty quickly home, with the thought of returning later with a couple of paper clips to see if i couldent just try and pick the locks.
So 30 minutes later im strolling back, when i realise a car is there that wasn't before. and all the lights inside the clubhouse are on.
As you can imagine i bolted pretty quickly, But returned later that night from my previous entry point to retrieve the 2 shovels i found.
Overall i think the op was a success, the microphone has been the cause of many a fun moment these past few days at school.
A friend and I will be sneaking out at 1am this weekend to undertake an op we've planned out.
Special. K
 #550 
Old 2005-08-17, 09:38
zebra head zebra head is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

So I was out wandering in my condo complex... got a bit lost but then found my way back to the walking path that skirts around the outside. Considered some car shopping, but aborted, because I found out the ONE car I could possibly have gotten into and out of sucsessfully, was parked RIGHT next to the sheriff's SUV =( So I went and wandered around in the dark, peeking in windows, taking some debris and stuffing it around and in people's fans.. Then I decided to try and see if I could get INTO a car, not take anything, just get into it. I was walking down the street (no lamps at this part) and I hear a car coming. I duck fast down into some pine trees, and the fucker drives RIGHT into the place I was going to go- gets out and shouts "Hey! YOU!!!one11O!!" I b-lined where I came from and darted to the trail to hide in the dark around there. He came as far as the parking lot of the nearby set of condos, and then turned around. I made it straight for home. Totally fun.
 #551 
Old 2005-08-17, 10:57
niggaz on night ops niggaz on night ops is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Darkstalker:
you pussy i yet to understand how im a pussy but anyway fuck you
 #552 
Old 2005-08-17, 11:00
niggaz on night ops niggaz on night ops is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

my addy is xtreem_jesus@hotmail.com if anybody is in my area we should op together btw whats the best thing you have swiped on ops
 #553 
Old 2005-08-17, 11:03
niggaz on night ops niggaz on night ops is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

can you explain to me why you took a cone in 5 words or less
 #554 
Old 2005-08-17, 14:02
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by DontStickThatThere:
im the friend...no seriously. bullshit
 #555 
Old 2005-08-17, 14:42
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

These sre the knives I take on my ops, what do you think?

http://tinyurl.com/9bz5v
 #556 
Old 2005-08-17, 15:24
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I think your asking to get done for going equipped, and carrying an offensive weapon if caught with those babies...
 #557 
Old 2005-08-17, 16:58
iaintme iaintme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dark Kaiser:
These sre the knives I take on my ops, what do you think?
http://tinyurl.com/9bz5v pretty nice
 #558 
Old 2005-08-17, 17:34
-extremist -extremist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Page 13!
Choscura Choscura is offline
iowa new zealand. Default no shit!
now to business: I live in an area with a surprising number of rivers (considering it's a fucking desert): the problem is, these rivers are damn cold (45-50 degrees tops, even in summer), damn fast, and rapids are a problem: I know I can swim across them just fine when I've got no gear, but thats a deathwish if I'm on an op.
what I need to know is where to find neoprene gear, and what kind of protection is available for the non-waterproof stuff? I can do some of that myself, if necessary- caulk works wonders for flashlights and electronics and is available in black- but only to a certain degree, and not for any optics I may or may not have. Choscura
 #559 
Old 2005-08-17, 19:56
Secant Secant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I don't know much about wetsuits or anything, but I think the best bet for your gear is to get a waterproof bag. It will prove to be much more versatile than individually waterproofing each piece. If you want, you could waterproof a flashlight for illumination while crossing.
You might try some kind of inflatable raft to cross, as a wetsuit will be bulky and wet (and hot if you decide to wear it throughout your op, though I wouldn't suggest this as you run a great risk of damaging the wetsuit if you do).
Another thing you could try is a drysuit. This keeps you wanrm by keeping water out, as opposed to a wetsuit that keeps you warm with a thin layer of water next to your skin. I don't know which would be more approprite for your ops. Hope this helps.
EDIT: sp
[This message has been edited by Secant (edited 08-17-2005).]
 #560 
Old 2005-08-17, 20:10
duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Ok i was on an Op last night, nothing special just a training run but i didn't count on a drunk person being in the construction site. He started yelling at me and chasing after me so i ran but i was wondering, if he was faster and stronger than me and i was forced to confront him what should i do. I have a lock knife but i don't want to risk killing anyone. What is the best and easiest way to knock someone out or to immobilise them?
 #561 
Old 2005-08-17, 20:39
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Choscura dry suits are bulkier but warmer if the waters really cold and you should rope yourself to the riverbank in case you get swept away
[This message has been edited by lexxx666 (edited 08-17-2005).]
 #562 
Old 2005-08-17, 21:15
Regular
 
Inside the cage that is my mind.
Default Re: Night Ops V

Well so far all I have ever done is carshop, yardshop, and goten into a few of the buildings downtown. I want to get into the underground tunniles((sp?)I'm to lazy to look it up and dont realy care). From the tunniles, here anyway, you could steal computer parts(the free wireless is down thare), and get into other buildings. Well what I want to know is what are some of your best OP's. I got a cile and a billon CDs and CD players from carshoping. Afew bikes from yardshoping. And some software and 2 way radios from dumpers diving. What do you think would be in a pool house(the one that has the pool shit init), would it be worth trying to get into? And how do you think I could get into the tunniles. I know people have goten down thare cuz thare are stuffed bears and shit hanging from the vents.
Well
The Torch
Is
Out
 #563 
Old 2005-08-17, 21:21
Regular
 
Inside the cage that is my mind.
Default Re: Night Ops V

Choscura I think that you should eather build some rope bridges or try not to cross any rivers cuz you should not be trying to swim a raging river with a pack on. I could not find anything about making rope bridges on the net, but you can steal lots of ropes. Anyway my pack is waterproof.
Torch
Out
 #564 
Old 2005-08-17, 21:32
Isobutane Isobutane is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

A raging river with gear in the dark?
Sounds way dangerous, you must be crazy.

How wide are the rivers?
 #565 
Old 2005-08-17, 22:18
duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I just had an idea, tell me if it is stupid but has anyone thought if imitating (sp) a security guard in order to pass unnoticed. It might not be too hard and i spotted several items on this site which might help http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/is...hopscr670.html
 #566 
Old 2005-08-17, 23:01
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by duck_dojo:
Ok i was on an Op last night, nothing special just a training run but i didn't count on a drunk person being in the construction site. He started yelling at me and chasing after me so i ran but i was wondering, if he was faster and stronger than me and i was forced to confront him what should i do. I have a lock knife but i don't want to risk killing anyone. What is the best and easiest way to knock someone out or to immobilise them? Pepper spray - There really is no reason not to take it with you. It has no perminant effects; it stops your problem in its tracks, light/small, and easy to carry as well as its simple operate.
 #567 
Old 2005-08-17, 23:07
Cepheus Cepheus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Posing as a security guard might just work if it is a large security operation. The thing to remember is that in general, especially in larger companies, no one really knows what the hell is going on, yet everyone else thinks that they do. So with lots of security, they probably won't give you a second glance, thinking you're from another department or whatever.
Yet it is unlikely to work on a smaller scale, where the security is likely to know each other well having to work with just those people night in night out.
Personally I probably wouldn't risk it unless it was something that I really wanted as there is a high chance of getting your face caught on camera, which would allow them to identify you easily later on.

duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Default Quote: quote:Originally posted by Pshycho Fraud:
Pepper spray - There really is no reason not to take it with you. It has no perminant effects; it stops your problem in its tracks, light/small, and easy to carry as well as its simple operate. Ah well i live in the UK and over here pepper spray is hard to come by, not to mention illegal so thats out. I was sorta thinking more of hand to hand combat but thanks anyway.
duck_dojo
 #568 
Old 2005-08-17, 23:41
DontStickThatThere DontStickThatThere is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dark Kaiser:
bullshit
i would bet on it.
 #569 
Old 2005-08-18, 01:16
Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Just a thought- but I think that all non N.O
posts should be kept out out of this topic. If you have questions about car shopping house break ins and what not - why not just start another topic instead of posting it here? You could revive the Official Car Hopping thread or start a new one. You would still get many replies from the same people in here. Its really starting to get annoying having all these posts that arnt really about N.O
 #570 
Old 2005-08-18, 06:27
42 42 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by DontStickThatThere:
im the friend...no seriously.

He really is... I was on the phone with him as he posted that
 #571 
Old 2005-08-18, 06:39
Risk Risk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Pshycho Fraud:
Just a thought- but I think that all non N.O
posts should be kept out out of this topic. If you have questions about car shopping house break ins and what not - why not just start another topic instead of posting it here? You could revive the Official Car Hopping thread or start a new one. You would still get many replies from the same people in here. Its really starting to get annoying having all these posts that arnt really about N.O Car shopping is not night ops, get the fuck out, no spamming useless shit either: "page 13" WTF?
Posing as a security guard, well I think that's a bad idea.
You'll need full gear(id, clothing, weapons)
Don't try unless you know your stuff.
Don't try swimming a river at night, if you get into trouble you'll be screwed, not worth it are there any alternate routes?
Self defence wise: pocket sand, it will give you enough time to escape and it's totally legal. Just grab a handful and bam you're outta there.
Spam doesn't belong here
 #572 
Old 2005-08-18, 07:21
iaintme iaintme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i like the sand idea, and pepper spray, i never thought about that. but then again it would hard to reach in your pocket grab sand and throw it at someone as they have confronted you and see you reach in your pocket for somthing, they could pounce on your ass at anytime if they see that, i mean they could think you're reaching for a knife, anything. pepper spray could be easily hooked on your belt and could be used, if its illegal where you live, then why the fuck are you doin night ops, hell if your fuckin stealing shit and stuff, is that not illegal there to????
 #573 
Old 2005-08-18, 07:35
iaintme iaintme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

duck dojo, now if you cant come across some pepper spray, and another mother fucker comes chasing after you if its guy (which it probably will be) and you want to know a 100% sure way to take him down, kick him one good time in the balls, which will probably bring him to his knees and when hes on his knees give him a hard ass kick to the face. then again he could be a transexual :/
 #574 
Old 2005-08-18, 07:38
Choscura Choscura is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

crossing the rivers isn't the proble, and rope bridges are frankly redundant, unless something bad happens- like I break a leg jumping off a building or something. and even then, I can splint up and grit my teeth and in all likelyhood still make it across.
for reference, the rivers are anywhere from 20 feet across (typically at rapids, so crossing there is out)to about 70 feet across and moving anywhere from five to twenty miles an hour, depending a) on how deep it is and b) how wide it is.
also for reference,I've been swimming in such cold waters for years without reference (and by swimming, I mean in the water for 2+ hours at a time, typically half of that time spent under it in deep areas).
my main problem is streamlining my existing op clothes, and above and beyond that is the goal of getting my gear waterproof.
another detail, I've done a bit of homework and found that I want nothing to do with dry suits: with the local terrain, the odds of them getting gashed open are damn near 100%- unacceptable when you consider that once that happens, you're basically stuck in a big water baloon that's heavier than the water (because you're in it) and you'll go straight to the bottom.
also from the same homework: if anyone is gonna go anywhere with a gun, even a silenced one, put a condom over the end of the barrel to keep the water out, and a piece of rubber (from a condom, for example) around the barrel inside the breech slide. arguably this isn't worthwhile with larger calibers (.30 cal/7.62 mm and up) as you can just pull back the breech/bolt and let the water fall out- but if you're packing anything in 5.7/.22lr (as most op guns are likely to be), this will keep your barrel from exploding if you're using hand loads.
[This message has been edited by Choscura (edited 08-18-2005).]
 #575 
Old 2005-08-18, 08:10
navyseals101 navyseals101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I recommend if you up on a hill doing recon, set up a trip wire fairly far behind you with metal cans and bells or some shit, that way you know ahead of time if cops are on to you...
 #576 
Old 2005-08-18, 08:12
Risk Risk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Don't take guns on ops, simple and straight If you're not going to use it you're just going to end up dead or a killer.
I advise against swimming, I will not get into a long arguement but I think it's stupid to go as of the cold, darkness, and lack of anyone knowing where you are.
niggaz on night ops niggaz on night ops is offline
australia Default if you can throw a bag that far put shit in there make it water proof or you could do the ops in a wet suit just camo up legs and face or try laying large bits of would over the lake
niggaz on night ops
 #577 
Old 2005-08-18, 08:52
outcast234 outcast234 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I just got back from my first mini night-op
Objectives:
Insertion: Move silently from the house, across the street without triggering any motion lights, and insert into the wooded park.
Recon: Move about the park, make note of nighttime lights, and recon for anyone in the park.
Extraction: Extract from the park, and silently insert back into the house, undetected.
All and all, it went quite well.
I had a crackhead walk up to where I was hiding from behind(didn't see or hear him) but he walked right past my friend and me.
As we where begining the extraction, someone popped outta their backyard looking for something(us? did they see us? i dunno) my friend made it safely to the extraction, and to the house, I ended up a tree, and waited the 30 mins the dude was outside looking around.
He went in, I waited a few mins checking the house for signs of life with my binocs, and made my

way out.
 #578 
Old 2005-08-18, 13:49
duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Risk:
Car shopping is not night ops, get the fuck out, no spamming useless shit either: "page 13" WTF?
Posing as a security guard, well I think that's a bad idea.
You'll need full gear(id, clothing, weapons)
Don't try unless you know your stuff.
Don't try swimming a river at night, if you get into trouble you'll be screwed, not worth it are there any alternate routes?
Self defence wise: pocket sand, it will give you enough time to escape and it's totally legal. Just grab a handful and bam you're outta there.
Spam doesn't belong here Pocket sand... grea idea thanks mate.
Also, i was talking to a friend who is a lawyer and he already knew about totse and he said that people that talk about things like night ops and dont't use SWIM don't really have to worry as it is not a serious crime and the police aren't going to waste time and money on tracking you down for commiting petty crimes whereas if you talk about planning to set off a bomb then you had better look forward to 5 years of being someones prison bitch.
[This message has been edited by duck_dojo (edited 08-18-2005).]
 #579 
Old 2005-08-18, 14:46
-extremist -extremist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Risk:
Car shopping is not night ops, get the fuck out, no spamming useless shit either: "page 13" WTF?
Spam doesn't belong here Perhaps you should check my long post on page 12, you stupid fucking CUNT.
 #580 
Old 2005-08-18, 15:04
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by 42:
He really is... I was on the phone with him as he posted that
OK
 #581 
Old 2005-08-18, 22:51
Sioux Sioux is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dark Kaiser:
OMG. Not you Sioux, what's all this bullshit? I used to have respect for you, but now... That wasn't me. Easy password. http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
I'm removing my account. Been nice conversing here with a select few. Enjoy.
[This message has been edited by Sioux (edited 08-18-2005).]
 #582 
Old 2005-08-18, 23:31
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Found a really good potential night op - a luxury block of flats still under construction but nearly completed, with shit security - no cctv yet, one guard in a portacabin, easy fences.
The top is finished, with 1 or 2 occupants, but the bottom is a building site with lots of cover and open access to the stairs - you can just walk in once over the fence.
All this in the city centre but a quiet part of it, and public access right round it. How about that?
 #583 
Old 2005-08-19, 00:26
Regular
 
Inside the cage that is my mind.
Default Re: Night Ops V

outcast234 you suck. So you snuck out of your moms house to sit in a bush for an hour. Dude your so hard core. Why dont you brake into the and steal the tranquilizer gun. Then take that on ops with you then you would be more hardcore than half the people on here who just carshop anyway.
What the fuck do you need a gun for? Just use pepper spray. And if you live in the UK make some and put into a spray bottle(like window cleaner). One time I sprayed Air freshaner in this guys eyes and he hit the floor. Get inventive guys.
Torch
Out
 #584 
Old 2005-08-19, 00:42
duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by The Torch:
outcast234 you suck. So you snuck out of your moms house to sit in a bush for an hour. Dude your so hard core. Why dont you brake into the and steal the tranquilizer gun. Then take that on ops with you then you would be more hardcore than half the people on here who just carshop anyway.
What the fuck do you need a gun for? Just use pepper spray. And if you live in the UK make some and put into a spray bottle(like window cleaner). One time I sprayed Air freshaner in this guys eyes and he hit the floor. Get inventive guys.
Torch
Out Dude shut the fuck up. First time ops aren't supposed to be anything special. It's a damn lot more exciting than my first op. Outcast234 that was pretty good for a first op. At least you're not one of those nobs who cant be arsed to wait around for anything.
 #585 
Old 2005-08-19, 00:54
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Since when did night ops stop being mostly about quiet penetration and start being about petty theft? Dumpsters are fair game, but the point of a night op is being where you shouldn't be, and preferably not having anyone know where you were.

Pshycho Fraud Pshycho Fraud is offline
Atlanta Default Ah man I cannot wait for friday night. I am going on a second recon to a local high end private school. The post for the first recon is I think on the last page. - This time I am going to find the security parking lot and tail them during their patrolls around the buildings. I hope to discover their basic shift. Now that school has started for them, I also hope that I will be able to better tell what each building and the different classrooms are used for. This should be awsome. Wish me luck.
Tootles,
P.F Pshycho Fraud
 #586 
Old 2005-08-19, 04:55
outcast234 outcast234 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by The Torch:
outcast234 you suck. So you snuck out of your moms house to sit in a bush for an hour. Dude your so hard core. Why dont you brake into the and steal the tranquilizer gun. Then take that on ops with you then you would be more hardcore than half the people on here who just carshop anyway.
What the fuck do you need a gun for? Just use pepper spray. And if you live in the UK make some and put into a spray bottle(like window cleaner). One time I sprayed Air freshaner in this guys eyes and he hit the floor. Get inventive guys.
Torch
Out Funnest hour I ever spent in a bush.
But, ofcourse, you being the shit-talking-bastard-child-of-the-internet can only see the boring parts of it.(liek omg, you snuck outta your moms house0rs and hid in a bushz0r)
And ofcourse, your VERY hardcore for spraying airfreshener in some dudes eyes, very hardcore http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif
oh. btw, its not my moms house. I don't live at home. I'm not just anyother 13 yearold totsean
[This message has been edited by outcast234 (edited 08-19-2005).]
 #587 
Old 2005-08-19, 05:47
se_killer se_killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

how far away from your house should you excecute your night op? i'm asking this because it would suck pretty bad to sneak back into your house realizing that there's a cop in front of your door that saw you run from him.
 #588 
Old 2005-08-19, 06:49
Risk Risk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by -extremist:
Perhaps you should check my long post on page 12, you stupid fucking CUNT.
My bad, that one post definitely gives you the right to spam http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif
Quote: quote:you stupid fucking CUNT. Lexxx: sounds like a great place: do some recon and find out some more stuff, set an objective and go for it.
Torch: don't mock him he made an objective did recon and had a whole plan ready, I don't see you doing so.
Outcast: good start, keep on that track and I'm sure you'll have many memorable experiences.
Hdcwr0x2 is right, ops are about infiltration not stealing.
[This message has been edited by Risk (edited 08-19-2005).]
 #589 
Old 2005-08-19, 07:59
Regular
 
Chicago IL USA
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by Choscura:
no shit!
now to business: I live in an area with a surprising number of rivers (considering it's a fucking desert): the problem is, these rivers are damn cold (45-50 degrees tops, even in summer), damn fast, and rapids are a problem: I know I can swim across them just fine when I've got no gear, but thats a deathwish if I'm on an op.

what I need to know is where to find neoprene gear, and what kind of protection is available for the non-waterproof stuff? I can do some of that myself, if necessary- caulk works wonders for flashlights and electronics and is available in black- but only to a certain degree, and not for any optics I may or may not have. Find a bridge and cross it. Dumbass.
 #590 
Old 2005-08-19, 08:31
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Risk, my objective will be to get to the upper floors and look around, undetected, and leave leaving no trace of my visit.
The difficulty will be avoidng the security guard and the occupants.
The occupants will most likely stay in their flats, but I could be trapped if the guard does his rounds after I enter, but I think there are at least two available entrances/exits - my recon will confirm this.
I'll let you know more when its done.
 #591 
Old 2005-08-19, 11:00
niggaz on night ops niggaz on night ops is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

sand! i never fucking thought of it your a genius i usuwally take knifes and stuff brilliant! what wepons to you take?
 #592 
Old 2005-08-19, 11:35
Risk Risk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

A good knife, not really for use as a weapon though, I carry a can of mace for defence.
 #593 
Old 2005-08-19, 11:45
derrodude derrodude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I usually use my tools on the op as weapons for defence ( small boltcutters, prybar ) Im working on a taser at the moment for piece of mind though.
 #594 
Old 2005-08-19, 14:11
-extremist -extremist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Fucking hell guys ligthen up, that "Page 13" was a fucking joke, lighten the fuck up..seriously.
If you take Night Ops Seriously please add me to msn - sparkym@gmail.com, I would prefer to discuss them there than on this message board.
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
london. england Default Just been past that luxury apartment complex again and its looking sweet.
A day time recce this time, now have an easy place to enter and confirmed no cctv. Cant be long now before they secure/finish the entrance/s and install cameras. Got to be this weekend. lexxx666
 #595 
Old 2005-08-19, 19:36
Regular
 
Inside the cage that is my mind.
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:And ofcourse, your VERY hardcore for spraying airfreshener in some dudes eyes, very hardcore[/b] All I was trying to say was that you can use more than just pepper spray to knock some one out. And you can buy airfreshener in the UK.
lexxx666 post an update on your op. It sounds good. What do you plan to once you are inside?
Torch
Out
 #596 
Old 2005-08-19, 20:10
lexxx666 lexxx666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

The thing is torch, I dont really know until I get in there.
Depends on whats inside, and what there is to play with. Got any suggestions?
My objective is to get to the top floor. Its 6 stories high.
Ground level is a building site still, but there's a couple of people living in the top.
Its a big development, easy to avoid them.
Will probably go tommorrow night at latest. I'll post it.
 #597 
Old 2005-08-19, 20:46
Regular
 
Inside the cage that is my mind.
Default Re: Night Ops V

Lexxx666 you posted that they are a luxury apartment complex, well I know that some of those places have free wireless net for the people living thare. I think that you should look for that cuz I will be running into that if I ever do find my citys tunnels.
That reminds me. Risk I have two plans and I have recond them both. One needs more recon but I have some leads as to ware to find the tunnels, and the college starting soon and swim is thinking about hiting up that. For the kids have Labtops and sk8tbords and lots of cash and maybe some other of the greenable. So I think my plans are a tad better than hiding in a bush for an hour.
Lexxx666 the only other thing that would be at that place is like tools and wood(or whatever they made the place with). You might want some tools but that's the only thing that I can thing that would be thare. You sould not try to get into anyone's house or whatever, to risky and not worth it anyway.
Well good luck on your OP's people.
Torch
Out
 #598 
Old 2005-08-19, 21:22
duck_dojo duck_dojo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

I was thinking of performing an op on a local construction site to try and liberate any tools that

would be useful for future ops. From my recon i have observed that the tools are stored in one of those cabins that are always at construction sites. Does anyone have any experience at breaking into these? preferably without leaving a trace.
 #599 
Old 2005-08-20, 03:46
niggaz on night ops niggaz on night ops is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

if anybody would liek to add me and talk about night ops xtreem_jesus@hotmail.com just talk about the gear and shit
 #600 
Old 2005-08-20, 06:44
Some Old Drunk Guy Some Old Drunk Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

Quote: quote:Originally posted by duck_dojo:
I was thinking of performing an op on a local construction site to try and liberate any tools that would be useful for future ops. From my recon i have observed that the tools are stored in one of those cabins that are always at construction sites. Does anyone have any experience at breaking into these? preferably without leaving a trace.
If you're stealing tools, why would you worry about not leaving a trace? It would be pointless, they would realize a burglary happened if tools are missing.
I broke into one of these before, just pry off the thing the padlock is attached to.
I dont condone stealing in general, but i do condone stealing something that will benefit you in future ops. So, have fun, but dont go overboard.
BTW, the construction site will probably hire some security guards after your break in, so stay away from it afterwards.
 #601 
Old 2005-08-20, 06:58
se_killer se_killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Night Ops V

i live in the suburbs and it's really hard to sneak around because most every house is lit up like christmas. what do you guys suggest i do to keep myself concealed?
[This message has been edited by se_killer (edited 08-20-2005).]
Night Ops series: « Night Ops IV | Night Ops VI »
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics