|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do. |
 |
|
Recovered from a real PDF export of this thread, hosted by the Night Ops community's own successor site (nightops.net) - not from a totse.com capture. This installment predates our crawl of totse.com and has no known real thread id - shown here under a placeholder URL rather than a captured one.
|
#1
 2003-07-15, 08:12
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
nighttime ops (new guy)
Hi, new poster. I've been lurking for several months now, so I thought I'd finally post. The usual
"about me" shit:
Male, from New Mexico
I love: firearms; collecting, shooting, and modifying them. I also love MTV's Jackass (because I am a Jackass, I know), and video games, the usual shit.
I hate: wanna-be "individuals" (dressing and acting like everyone else is real fucking individual, ain't it), stupid people, and just about any seafood. I'd list more things I hate, but I don't need to make this any longer.
Turn-ons include Italian women (and allllll they can do), turn-offs include (of course) fat women (I mean FAT - I can handle a few extra pounds. Just a little plushiness is never a bad thing. Moderation, moderation.), all men, and poor hygiene, bad teeth, etc, etc.
Ok, enough about me, I bet you all hate me already :P
As for "Nighttime Ops"; Lately what I've been doing is going outside in the dead of night, clad in dark blue BDU pants and a long-sleeved T-type shirt, same color, and my Magnum Stealth boots. I steal quietly across the yard, and slip over the wall, into whichever neighbor's yard I feel like exploring at the moment. I'll go into garage doors and even go in the house, if opportunity provides. I know it's EXTREMELY stupid, and I expect to get shot someday, but that's beside the point. I don't even steal or disturb anything. Why the hell not, you say? My goal is to infiltrate, and leave no traces. No footprints in the yard, no busted locks, etc. I have a lot of fun, basically, believe it or not, even though I don't do much. Sometimes I'll go into a neighbor's yard, then hop the wall into THEIR neighbor's yard, etc. There's a thrill in exploring the unexplored yards, etc. I plan to expand these ops into business-type complexes around here, the mall, etc. I can also pick locks; I taught myself after buying a good set of picks.
So yeah, those are my (rather pathetic) nighttime ops. I'd love to have a silenced pistol to shoot any dogs with, but like I said, I don't want to leave any traces whatsoever; it's kind of hard to fail to notice a dead dog with three .45 bullet holes in it's chest.
Hmm, I'm done now, comments, flames, etc; welcome. Love the site, and the forums.
-Infrared
PS: To the user "Inphrared" (I think): I didn't intend to rip off your handle, I made this one before I knew you even existed
|
|
#2
 2003-07-15, 08:19
|
|
Regular
|
|
SomeEverydayNobody
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I guess you are like a hacker of the burglary world. You go in and explore all for the sake of the
challange, and have no desire to destroy or take peoples property.
Whereas a burglar is more like a cracker, in that he goes in for the sake of taking or destroying things.
|
|
#3
 2003-07-15, 12:06
|
AirRaidSiren 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I bought some Night vision goggles off of ebay and when I go on vacation to Wisconsin It is pich dark at night I mean I could not see one thing in the woods on a cloudy night so I would snoop
around bussiness's lots and such it kicked ass.
Sorry about the run on sentance but it's 6:12 in the morning and I have not slept.
[This message has been edited by AirRaidSiren (edited 07-15-2003).]
|
|
#4
 2003-07-15, 12:35
|
twistix 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Man I'm with you on the hating seafood thing. I can't bring myself to eat ANYTHING from the sea. I't makes me wanna throw up.
Man nightvision goggles kick ass! How much did they cost?
|
|
#5
 2003-07-15, 13:58
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
dude I do that to sometimes. Just for the fun of it. http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
|
|
#6
 2003-07-15, 14:06
|
|
Regular
|
|
SomeEverydayNobody
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, that would be pretty fun.
|
|
#7
 2003-07-15, 17:39
|
Phlab 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Stick around. We could always use another intelligent poster in Bad ideas.
|
|
#8
 2003-07-15, 17:47
|
TheParkinator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Indeed, welcome.
|
|
#9
 2003-07-15, 19:44
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey yeah i totall agree with you i love doing that but it depends where i am working sometimes i wear camo bdu's or i wear al black i have a black backpack that looks hitech and i just go around sneaking through places and leave no trace this may just be because i hope to work for the CIA one day as an undercover operative hints my name NOC non official cover operative. well yeah if you wanna talk about fun things to do sneaking into your school is pretty fun or if you can find open doors behind those business places in just like a little shopping center coffee shops often leave their back doors unlocked dont ask me why but my dad used to own a coffee shop and i would steal his key and go in and then when he sold it i would just run little daytime operations and sneak in the back right before they closed and unlock the back door so i could sneak in in the middle of the night anyways yeah im about to buy a lockpick kit, where did you buy your's? well i just take a paintball pistol with me on operations or a bbgun because i dont own a gun myself my dad owns a walther pp7 but i can't find it anymore because he hid it and im pretty sure he works for the CIA because he is always leaving on all these long trips to DC and in europe and plus he owns the same kind of gun that the CIA issues to their officers and he is fluent in french german russian italian and of course english so yeah im pretty sure he is a spy and plus he is reeeeaaaallllyyyy smart, but yeah whatever so it's cool and tell me if you go on any cool ops and ill tell you about mine and tell me if you have any good ideas for operations and i will also.....that was the longest run on sentence ever man.......cool
[This message has been edited by bangbangbooty (edited 05-25-2004).]
|
|
#10
 2003-07-15, 21:05
|
David_Parker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Wow.
Much appeal I guess you're getting.
I'm intrested as towards what you do and whatnot. If you're really into just going around places
and not taking anything, then email me.
-David.
...what kind of picks do you use?
|
|
#11
 2003-07-16, 02:41
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I wish more people would post messages on this topic because i think it is bad ass.........
|
|
#12
 2003-07-16, 03:23
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah; as I mentioned, I'd been lurking for awhile, and I always read these sorts of topics eagerly.
I recall something about a guy who ended up getting his ass handed to him by a neighbor's dog
(lol), or something along those lines.
Night Vision? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, but I always bring along an El Cheapo NV monocular. It's 1st. generation, etc, but it does pretty much what I need it to. I want some goggles too, but I don't quite have the money (your barest minimum will be around $500) for a good pair. And that's for 1st. generations, expect to pay a lot more for 2nd, 3rd, and if you're Donald Trump/Donald Rumsfeld, 4th.
As for the type of lockpicks I use; I'm not exactly sure, but I ordered them from www.masupply.com
It's kind of a dumb site, and a lot of their martial arts weapons are cheaper (Don't expect to find, say, a Cold Steel SRK knife or anything there), but they have lockpicks, so yeah. I bought the 15piece one; any more is pretty much a waste (for me, at least), unless you plan on breaking into CIA HQ or something.
It's pretty fun to do this, although I'm running out of houses/yards to explore, so I'm planning on expanding my ops to other neighborhoods, or as I mentioned, business complexes, office parks, school campuses, etc. I'm going to have to buy one of those Talon SS suppressed pellet guns ($500..damnit), so I can take out cameras from afar >grin<. Yeah, broken cameras are a trace of infiltration, but it's either that, or just run in front of them. Even if I have a mask on, that's still leaving an even-worse trace of infiltration. Those ops will take some serious planning.
Anyway, thanks for all the replies, and I'll be sticking around for sure, this place rules.
-Infrared
"THERE IS NO REMOTE!!"
-Rocko's Modern Life
|
|
#13
 2003-07-16, 04:30
|
deadkennedy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well, you do seem like somebody who knows what they're doing and isn't gonna be a kewl. As for the night ops thing its pretty cool. I broke into my first house like last year, but that was for keeps and i didn't get much. I enjoyed it alot so what I did one time was spy on someone (it was a neighbor that i kinda knew) and i found out that they would be gone for a week so i snuck in and invited a few friends over. All we did was have a few drinks and shit. Anyways, I don't use lockpics. Mostly, at least the places around here theres at least a window or cellar door that has a cheap ass lock on it thats screwed on. So i just bring a screwdriver. Anyways, as far as you staying I bet that you stay for three months and then get tired of it. Anyone else wanna guess how long this guy will stay?
Infrared
2003-07-16 05:22
I'll be sticking around, as long as things stay interesting. I first discovered totse in February, and
spent some time reading Bad Ideas, then I got into the forums, where I've been reading them
daily ever since, so let that be a little guideline. I know, I know - my name was registered in May
'03, but I was still hanging around before that. Part of the reason I haven't posted up until now is
because my issued password contained a character that didn't work on my keyboard, so I had to
live without it for awhile (copy/paste didn't work either - try it)
Now excuse me, I need to go order a grappling hook and some Blue Water assault line http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
-Infrared
|
|
#14
 2003-07-16, 05:36
|
ObakeYatsu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ahh, the art of infiltration. Sounds fun http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif.
|
|
#15
 2003-07-16, 18:54
|
nocuous 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I was just checking out that site, it seems to good to be true. Those prices are too low, which
makes me question the integrity of the site. You say you got your lock picks there? How long did
it take to get it? and how did you pay?
|
|
#16
 2003-07-16, 19:09
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ah yes, the wonderful world of urban exploration http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
You may well be interested in subscribing to a fine zine called Infiltration
A nice UE forum (though many of the discussions center around Canadian locales), is http://www.uer.ca/forum_showcats.asp?fid=2
|
|
#17
 2003-07-16, 23:54
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nocuous:
I was just checking out that site, it seems to good to be true. Those prices are too low, which makes me question the integrity of the site. You say you got your lock picks there? How long did it take to get it? and how did you pay? I know; when I first discovered that place, I refused to believe it, and I sent them several "Are you for real?" type emails, etc. They're real alright, and listed with the BBB of Nevada (I think), so I made like a $10 order a few years ago, and I got it pretty fast, and their customer service was good (they usually responded to those mails within a day). I paid by credit card, and the order took maybe a week or so, at least from where they are to where I am. Your mileage may vary though, depending on how close/far you are. It's a good site, but like I said, most of their blades are for display, not for true function. If you just want a good-looking but not really functional sword to hang on your wall or something, they're good, but if you expect to slice trees in half with them, forget it. Other stuff is ok, but not always the BEST quality or anything. The lockpicks were nice, and many other things are too, but you just need to kind of watch it with the blades. For good steel, go to www.mastersofdefense.com or www.coldsteel.com (I know this was about lockpicks, but hey - I'm a knife person too).
Hope this helps
-Infrared
|
|
#18
 2003-07-17, 02:40
|
liam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
A friend of a friend had an idea kind of like this not long ago. What you do is you dress up kind of terrorist looking, like really suspicious then you run around town trying not to be seen. Hopefully and eventually someone will call the cops on you and you run from the cops. My friend said it was really fun and he didn't get caught of anything. Kind of stupid but i think it would be fun.
|
|
#19
 2003-07-17, 05:59
|
jollydickhead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey Paintb_noc you kinda got the wrong idea about what a spy does. A spy doesnt go around like James Bond killing people, in his flashy cars and betting thousands on the baccart tables. A spy keeps a low profile and infiltrates his target. He or She want to look ordinary so they wont be suspected by counterintell.
|
|
#20
 2003-07-17, 10:46
|
Apocalypse44 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is what I like to hear!
You don't steal or kill or shit like that!
A BIG pat on the back!
|
|
#21
 2003-07-17, 17:52
|
yomammasfatass yeah totse 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
btt: im gonna have to find me some nightvision goggles or infrared ones. Also, how do you teach yourself to lockpick? i can open my bedroom window with a reeeeeeaaalllly retarded piece of hairpin but even that was hard, how do you teach yourself?
(btw i have got a cheapass set of lockpicks and they sort of work - apparently - but i cant open any locks at all with them, the retarded piece of hairpin is the only tool i have that can open a lock )
|
|
#22
 2003-07-17, 18:51
|
blip 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Cool stuff, but I haven't done any of it. http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif If I wanted to, I could just follow ditches around my neighborhood that have good-sized fields near them and go through someone's fences that way b/c they usually have doors on them. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif E.g. I could just go through my backyard, into the adjacent field, then anyone's yard on my block very easily. I'm perfectly fine walking for hours on end, so I can go pretty far.
|
|
#23
 2003-07-17, 20:55
|
nocuous 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Now, Infared, I don't wanna call you a liar BUT. The minimum order allowance is 20 bucks. How
did you order something for $10?
And while were at it. There is no such thing as a Walther PP7. That's the stage name the Bond producers gave to the actual model; the PPK. If you had ever gotten a good look at one you would know that. Or was it just a typo?
[This message has been edited by nocuous (edited 07-17-2003).]
|
|
#24
 2003-07-17, 21:56
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yeah sorry about that i meant to say a PPK but yeah why not work for the CIA whoelse would i work for if i wanted to be a spy i dont want to work for a foreign government. By the way it wasnt a typo i htink i just fucked up and called it that because i had heard it....if i had my choice on a handgun i think i would get a desert eagle, by the way what does nocuous stand for? does it have anything to do with NOC (non official cover op)?????
|
|
#25
 2003-07-17, 22:04
|
nocuous noc�u�ous 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
adj.
Harmful; noxious.
[From Latin nocuus, from nocre, to harm. Seenek-1 in Indo-European Roots.]
Cool and original handle? or atleast I've never seen it used before...
|
|
#26
 2003-07-17, 22:07
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thats pretty original i know what noxious means but when you spelled it differently i didnt quite catch it, good one.
|
|
#27
 2003-07-17, 22:27
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:im pretty sure he works for the CIA because he is always leaving on all these long trips to DC and in europe and plus he owns the same kind of gun that the CIA issues to their officers and he is fluent in french german russian italian and of course english so yeah im pretty sure he is a spy and plus he is reeeeaaaallllyyyy smart
[/b] That would be cool if your dad would realy be a CIA opperative. What does he say when you ask him what his job is? Why don't you just ask if you could accompany him to his work?
But a bit previous to that quote you said he owned a coffee shop?
|
|
#28
 2003-07-17, 22:32
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
he used to own a coffee shop he doesnt anymore. i guess he just did that on the side because he really does like coffee, and i have asked him about his job before and he just tells me he is a lawyer, and i can see how he would be, because he works for a law firm, but when he goes out of the country he takes his gun so i don't know and plus i always see him putting these folders into a desk in his drawer and one time he caught me trying to pick the lock and got all kind of secretive telling me it is just his work stuff and took the picks away from me and the next day i saw him changing the lock and stuff.....so i dont know sybil.
|
|
#29
 2003-07-17, 22:34
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
also he travels on a private airplane because i looked at one of his tickets once and it said private flight on it..
|
|
#30
 2003-07-17, 22:36
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
So when he travels he takes the gun with him? I don't realy think guns are allowed on an airplane? So why don't you just ask if you can come with him? And I do think that you can tell your son that you're a CIA opperative, I mean this isn't a movie you know.
|
|
#31
 2003-07-17, 22:37
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
he travels on a private plane, maybe hes a cleaner......do you know what a cleaner is?
|
|
#32
 2003-07-17, 22:41
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yes I do I had my hopes set on becoming one myself. But it is realy hard to find a job if you arn't in the right enviroment. Plus he can't but a privet jet with that money there's a little thing called the IRS. And a private plane still has to take off on a public airporte, and in a public airport you still have to go tru the metal detectors even if you have your own airplane.
|
|
#33
 2003-07-17, 22:44
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
you wanted to be a cleaner? hmm wouldnt be a bad profession, but anyways maybe they take the plane from a military base?!?!i dont know im just wondering, or maybe he just works for the mafia, or he is just a flat out assassin.
|
|
#34
 2003-07-17, 22:49
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Cleaner and Assasine are about the same you know. I do think you should check into what he does. I mean try to follow him with your bike or something? Or ask one of your friends who has a car to follow him. Or take the bus to were you think he work. Because you're getting me courious to.
And I've tried so hard to become a cleaner believe me it is imposible to become one if you don't know the right people.
|
|
#35
 2003-07-17, 22:53
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
why do you want to be a cleaner so bad?? anyways i dont have a car yet, but i have been watching him the best i can but he can shake me easily, i think he knows im watching him but he just it too good for me to keep track of, one time i went to his office(law firm) and then he told me he had to go and went outside and got into a black ford crown vic, so i memorized the plates and went home and did a search on the plates and i couldnt find anything on them but i could find them on any other plates so im pretty curious as you can see.....
|
|
#36
 2003-07-17, 22:58
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Why don't you go into the law firm and ask at the front desk if they know "name of your dad". Then you'll know for sure. And I don't think that every licence plate in america is online.
I wanna be a cleaner because I think I have what it takes to kill somebody in cold blood. And it pays good, but such kind of job you don't do because of the money. Somebody who does this has usualy no reason but feels it is a think he must do or for what he was born to do.
|
|
#37
 2003-07-17, 23:03
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
they do know who he is he has a number and an office and a secretary there and all they may all just be coverups but i don't know, how come i could find them on all of my friends parents lisence plates and my parents and sisters and others but not that one though.
|
|
#38
 2003-07-17, 23:09
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You just have to find something on him. Let me know everything you find out on your dad. I'm out, goodnight.
|
|
#39
 2003-07-17, 23:23
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I have a better Idea. If you find anything, or you need some pointers mail me proud_belgium@hotmail.com
|
|
#40
 2003-07-18, 00:55
|
jollydickhead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I think You guys are pretty cool cause your kinda like me in a way im into all that shit big time kinda like you guys are but some different stuff to. If you need some help noc i might be able to help you.
Ps hey paintb_noc i liked the idea about the wrestling shoes you posted. and read the day after roswell then youll understand about why u shouldnt work for the cia.
|
|
#41
 2003-07-18, 02:29
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
"Now, Infared, I don't wanna call you a liar BUT. The minimum order allowance is 20 bucks. How
did you order something for $10?"
Minimum order is now $20? Well, it wasn't when I made my first order (this was quite awhile ago, remember). I also haven't ordered anything from them since the lockpicks, and that was quite
awhile back too. When I made that order, it came to around $15, with shipping and all that, so I guess back then they didn't have any minimum order. When I ordered those lockpicks, they were a little cheaper too, so it looks like lately they're fleecing their customers
As for teaching oneself to pick locks - it's hard to explain, but by tinkering around inside the lock, and figuring out the function of all the little pins, and taking one apart and looking at the structure of it, you can teach yourself. I think maybe it takes a certain amount of mechanical inclination, but it's really not so bad. You can also just look at a lockpicking FAQ here on totse. It's not as hard as you might think, to pick your average doorknob lock or deadbolt, the type you'd see on a houses front door. I've mastered those, but I'm not all that great with more advanced type locks, due to lack of experience. For now, I'm content to be able to pick doorknobs and deadbolts, considering that those locks are the most frequently encountered type (for me, anyway)
-Infrared
|
|
#42
 2003-07-18, 05:07
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey yeah sorry about gettin all pissed off earlier but i do know what a real spy is, and yeah you should really try the wrestling shoes i promise they work really well, not so great for running as much, but hey if you are really good at clandestine ops then you shouldn't have to worry about running. and sybil i will keep you posted and thanks for the tips.
|
|
#43
 2003-07-18, 06:48
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hmm, I guess I'll tell an infiltration story.
So one night, it's a little breezy out, 3:00 AM. I'd quietly hopped the wall into my next door neighbor's yard, and I was about in the middle, by her big tree, when suddenly her neighbor's porch light comes on. It didn't quite light me up like a spotlight, but it did make me more visible, to anyone who may have been watching. So I crouched, I concealed myself in the branches (it was a very low-hanging tree, with some little shrub type things around it), and sat STILL as hell, for a good ten minutes. The light never did go off, but I did a little recon with both the night vision and my regular binocs (tip: even if it's in the dead of night, bring a pair with you. You never know.), and when I was satisfied no one was around, I made my move back to our wall, doing my best to keep out of the neighbor's (with the porch light) view, if they were watching and I somehow missed them. I kept myself as flat as possible while hopping the wall; you know, where you get on your stomach, and kind of "roll" over it, to minimize your profile.
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. I accidentally put most of my weight on one nut, and crushed it against the wall. Fucking ouch. I fell the rest of the way into our yard, and laid there in the dirt writhing for a few minutes. Ouch, god damnit. I'm cringing even thinking about it. Laughing, and cringing. Men, please - if you're hopping walls during nighttime infiltration "missions", and hop the wall in such a way as to minimize your profile - be careful. Or wear a cup or something, I don't know.
Yeah, that's a lame story, I know, I'll see what else develops as I expand my ops further
-Infrared
|
|
#44
 2003-07-18, 09:54
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
man speaking of night time ops i just got back from one myself runnin a little recon on the neighborhood but yeah it is 4:00 a.m. so im goin to bed later just tryin to keep the topic on top.
|
|
#45
 2003-07-18, 13:38
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
All my ops are done for the night - I haven't been to sleep since that last post of mine, and it's
6:30 in the freaking morning here. Time to sleep, wake up, go shooting, and sneak around
through the night (and post on totse).
Got barked at by a damn dog this time, and not until I had sprung back over our wall in haste did I notice it was INSIDE the house. Damn noisy little fucker. It was the type of dog that can't even hurt you, but can annoy you, and wake the owner up (who in turn can hurt you).
If you can sneak past a sleeping dog in the yard, you're truly a master of the art of stealth. I'm not quite there yet
|
|
#46
 2003-07-18, 18:37
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I usually don't do a lot in terms of exploring when I'm at home, but when I go on vacation I sneak
out every night and sneak around. I have found that when sneaking out of my house, if I try to
sneak past my dogs, they wake up and bark, yet if I just walk past them they don't stir. I don't
understand this, and I don't really think it would work with other dogs, although it'd be worth a
shot sometime. I've found that just a nice knife is better than any kind of gun, because if need be
you can just kill your enemy quietly. I doubt that situation would ever come up, but air rifles make
a lot of noise, cost too much, and give you away instantly. With a knife you can cut camera
cables, or slice through screens on houses, although you are leaving traces of your intrusion. I
just think the knife is a very good tool to have on a sneaking mission, if you want to put it in Metal
gear terms. I only steal if it's something I really want, like an Mp3 player I've been spotting and
making a plan for, I don't break in just to steal whatever I can. Exploring is a lot of fun I must say,
although I'd really like to get a pair of NVG's.
|
|
#47
 2003-07-18, 18:42
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
OMG! Infrared, that story about putting all your weight on one nut is so funny. I swear I must've laughed 10 minutes. Oh, by the way, I think I know what you guys are doin, just walk around and lurk around and not take anything? Well that's cool, I guess you guys just like the excitment. I do too, but I've never done that. Years ago me and my friends always knocked on doors and ran, we have some funny stories.
Another thing I did about a year ago was pull power breakers at the mall and run. It shuts off the lights. Well one day we were doin it and we ran, the peanut hut(a store owner at the mall) came running after us. Well it was go time so we ran fast and tried a side door, it was locked so we were gonna run around the other side but the peanut hut owner was already there. We were at a dead end so there was a bush around. We had to hide in the bush(i know it was a bad idea but I was desperate). Well, we got caught, banned for a year, and Sunday I get unbanned, althought I've been going back and going tonight too.
|
|
#48
 2003-07-19, 03:28
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, I can laugh about that little incident now, but at the time, I almost wanted to cry
Sephiroth: I agree wholeheartedly. I always have either my folding CRKT knife or my SRK fixedblade on me during those ops. I'll be in deep shit should I ever be caught, but I don't plan on being caught either. I'm not so extreme as to kill someone's dog or something all for the sake of exploration, but they make handy tools, should you, as you said, come across any cables, need to cut vegetation to improvise your own camouflage (did it during paintball warfare - and won). Of course, I ALWAYS carry a knife, no matter what; they're infinitely useful
The sun's going down. Tonight I'm planning another little op; I plan to sneak through yards to a house across the street with a swimming pool. On the weekends, like clockwork, you can hear splashing and frolicking, even at 3 AM. Maybe I should bring my digital camera/binoc combo, see how many ladies I can capture, and post the pics here? http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
Nah, I'm not THAT bad, but I'll do that recon, and consider any potential ladies a sweet bonus. I'll post again and let you know how it went
-Infrared
zeke79 2003-07-25 13:18 So their light came on and you checked things out with your nod's and your binoc's. well man dont be looking at lights with your nod's too much because you will burn the coating off of the tube or completely burn up the tube unless you are using a daylight filter (you also need to use it in bright light situations at night). If you dont have a daylight filter you can make one out of a piece of glass for a welding helmet and a glass cutter. just be sure you get the darkest lense you can find to make your filter.
[This message has been edited by zeke79 (edited 07-25-2003).]
|
|
#49
 2003-07-25, 14:18
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
...Urban Exploration...
Hi, I'm pretty new to the UE scene, and was wondering what other equipment do yall take with you on your little "excursions"?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm planning my own this Sunday, and need some tips/advice. The building I'me "infiltrating" (if you can call it that...) is abandoned, and pretty bell boarded up. I have the following tools so far:
-Dremel with diamond drill bit
- Cutting bit for dremel
-jeweler's flat and phillips head screwdrivers
-regular screwdrivers
-flashlight
-batteries
-knife(X4)
-midnight blue BDU's, boots, gloves, and hat
-crow bar
Any other gear yall think I should carry with me?
--bad_b0y_4_lif3
[This message has been edited by bad_b0y_4_lif3 (edited 07-25-2003).]
|
|
#50
 2003-07-26, 03:12
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
[quote]Originally posted by bad_b0y_4_lif3:
[b]...Urban Exploration...
Hi, I'm pretty new to the UE scene, and was wondering what other equipment do yall take with
you on your little "excursions"?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm planning my own this Sunday, and need some tips/advice. The building I'me "infiltrating" (if you can call it that...) is abandoned, and pretty bell boarded up. I have the following tools so far:
-Dremel with diamond drill bit
- Cutting bit for dremel
-jeweler's flat and phillips head screwdrivers
-regular screwdrivers
-flashlight
-batteries
-knife(X4)
-midnight blue BDU's, boots, gloves, and hat
-crow bar
Any other gear yall think I should carry with me?
--bad_b0y_4_lif3
Sounds like you've got a pretty good loadout. My ony advice; make sure your gear is in good working order, and things like your flashlight, Dremel, etc, won't quit on you when you need them. Since you're going into an abandoned place, take careful steps. If you're on a higher floor, be VERY careful of weak/rotten floors or anything like that; falling through one will really suck
Also, a crowbar is a good idea, but have you considered a prybar instead? They're more compact, and unless you're trying to pry open something serious, or you need to beat someone, it'll do all what a crowbar will, and take up less space
That's about it; don't get loss, watch your ass, and have a good time. Let us know how it goes
-Infrared
|
|
#51
 2003-07-26, 03:15
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Zeke: Oh, I know; I never look directly into the light. I was far enough away from it, so all it did
was give me better light to see dark with. I'm actually very obsessive about exposing that thing to
too much light, heh.
-Infrared
|
|
#52
 2003-07-30, 17:15
|
punk_rock_ethics 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Dudes i just noticed this thread and PLEASE keep going. And i know exactly what u mean by the
weak floor boards. found out the hard way. 2 other good things to have with u is a portable
welding flame thingo and a digital camera. dont want to be over loaded though.
|
|
#53
 2003-07-30, 17:29
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Never forget the old tricks. If you are being watched and you need to cross an open area, tie a
string to a bush and take it with you over to where you are going to cross. You can use trees to
loop the string around if it's a U shape. Then when you work up the courage to go, wiggle the string until the people are watching the bush, then RUN! I'd probably just wait till they are gone, but if they know you are out there, then they will just sit and watch and wait. Don't forget you can throw rocks on pavement or anything else to create a diversion.
|
|
#54
 2003-07-30, 19:57
|
Nigga Killa 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote: Yeah, broken cameras are a trace of infiltration, but it's either that, or just run in front of them. Even if I have a mask on, that's still leaving an even-worse trace of infiltration. Those ops will take some serious planning. Why don't u blind it? Just aim a lazer pointer (On a tri-pod)and blind it.
Pure logic muthafucka, they'ill just see a blur for an hour or two but they'ill never know what happened.
N.K.
|
|
#55
 2003-07-30, 21:33
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
someone a few posts up mentioned a "portable flame thinger" (too lazy to find out who and what they said, and havent read how to quote yet, also again showing laziness) but anyways, you can get pen sized ones that use butane at electrical stores(radio shack maybe, thats where i saw it )...or you could just pervert a lighter to be extra strong..ive seen a few posts on that to
|
|
#56
 2003-07-30, 22:38
|
Spamolishes 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ive been reading all the posts on this site for the last month. im really into this sort of thing i do alot of it i also do a lot of rock climbing i have found a hatch on my school that actually opens from the roof to the bathroom. i can do sum good ops there we always have fun rappelling off the school in the middle of the night.
|
|
#57
 2003-07-30, 23:36
|
Slemkin03 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
the ultimate thing to do is go car hopping, pick a local, then go steal shit outta cars. or just jack
the rims not that hard to make 300-400 dollars in 30 mins
|
|
#58
 2003-07-31, 01:50
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Shit, why can't I find people like you where I live. And I don't live in Beverly Hills so no one from Beverly Hills say they live there. But I might do something like this Friday and Saturday this weekend. Keep up the post!
|
|
#59
 2003-07-31, 06:41
|
Bam_fan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
(b) OMG u are what makes Totse so Great... heres a story and a tip. well we hated this stupid
fuck so we always ding dong ditched him. well one night his pops came out and i didtn get away
quick enough and i was in the next yard and there was a fuckni street light right there so i'm like
fuck and jumped behind a skinny ass tree layin down and like deal god dont let him see me. then
he lights up a cig and starts walkin right toward me i'm like fuck i'm gonna run. but was too scared
to then he starts up the street yelling come out u little pussys and show your selfs i was like holy
fuck he didnt see me.
well my tip is dont assume your cought untill u are or your lookin face to face and they start runnign after u
PS I LOVE U GUYS
Infrared
2003-08-01 03:24
Ah, that story reminds me of playing hide and seek with my friends at night in the neighborhood,
when I was younger. I remember one time, he had finished his count but I hadn't found a good
place to hide, and just as he started out, I laid down in the shadow of a big telephone pole, as flat
as possible, and I kept my ass AS STILL AS POSSIBLE. He walked in pretty close proximity to
me at one point, but somehow didn't see me, even though I was only hidden by a "strip" of
shadow; all around me, the glow of a streetlight. It was a lot of fun.
That's actually a good tip; If you ever have to evade and hide; DON'T panic, don't shake, don't twitch, and do not make a SOUND. If you just keep cool, and take care that you're concealed well enough (and you weren't seen going into hiding), you'll make it. The key is to keep your head at all times, and also, use your eyes. Pay attention to detail
-Infrared
|
|
#60
 2003-08-01, 04:02
|
TheDragon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm gonna go on a litle mission tonight. Use taking out the trash as an alibi and sneak down the alley. Then I'm gonna hop into someone's yard, do a little recon, and head back home. Its lame, but I only have a 2-4 minute window max before my parents suspect anything (they are still awake and wandering so sneaking out would be dumb). Again, its mostly just for sneaking around and getting a cheap small thrill. Peace. I'll check back in with an edit.
Edit: Went out. As I said, pretty lame. Well, my alley is like this:
-----II-----II-----------II
I went into the little intersection closest to my house and snuck down. Considering my gym shoes, I was moving pretty quietly. There were cars in the alley, and I think I could have easily robed some of the cars if I wanted. Anyways, I went to the end of the alley segment, and just tagged someone's porch. Someone who was walking a good block away spotted me (possibly, I was wearing all dark, but was standing up). I ran back to my house, and turned off the light.
Lol, you guys who break into houses probably think this is lame, but it was merely supposed to be a very short sneaking thing.
I have more acces to fun areas during daytime, I should probably take what I have and sneak around buildings during the day. More risk, and more fun...
[This message has been edited by TheDragon (edited 08-01-2003).]
|
|
#61
 2003-08-01, 05:29
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by twistix:
Man I'm with you on the hating seafood thing. I can't bring myself to eat ANYTHING from the sea. I't makes me wanna throw up.
Man nightvision goggles kick ass! How much did they cost? i know seafood sucks it looks l,ike it comes form the human body...
|
|
#62
 2003-08-01, 07:54
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
And none of you have mentioned Italian women? Love 'em.
No "calamari" jokes, guys.
-Infrared
|
|
#63
 2003-08-01, 18:12
|
Swartz45 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is the best thread here.
I am DEEPLY into assassination, spying, and infiltration.
I've read almost every article out there on the subject, know all kinds of techniques, and spend most of my time researching it.
I ordered a pair of Tabi boots (if you don't know what those are, they're ninja boots that allow you to walk completely silently, and are designed for climbing things easily).
I really badly need equipment for infiltration, mainly lockpicks.
If anyone has a spare set, email me at mattswartz16@yahoo.com
I'd buy some from an official company, but I'm 17 and live with my parents so they wouldn't let me get a pair, so it would be my best bet to order from one of you discreetly. It was hard enough convincing my parents to let me get Tabi boots, lol.
If anyone is really interested in all this stuff, I have a giant collection of info, articles, and tips on all of this kind of stuff that I'd be more than happy to share, just message me at the above email or contact me on AIM my username is Mattswartz15
It's good to see people interested in this kind of thing here, I thought I was the only one. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#64
 2003-08-01, 18:20
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
To keep this topic in the running. Paintball_noc, did you find out anything more about your dad?
|
|
#65
 2003-08-01, 18:43
|
TheDragon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm going camping with some other people, perfect op for ops (no pun intended). What would be some good objectives? Just pranking them would be fine, I have smoke bombs, firecrackers, and I could just prowl around and scare them
|
|
#66
 2003-08-01, 18:47
|
Swartz45 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
What kind of camping trip? Like apublic camping area where other campers are there too or deep
woods kind of stuff? If there are other campers, try sneaking into other camp sites. It would be a
great time to perfect your stealth techniques, and when you're confident you're doing good, try
sneaking right up close to someones tent, and walk a few circles around it without being detected
and take off.
If it's just with your friends, learn to place stuff in someones drink without detection.
Without anyone noticing, try putting 10 drops or so of visine eye drops in someones drink to make them fart alot.
|
|
#67
 2003-08-02, 02:59
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm in the planning phase of my biggest op yet.
See, here in NM, there's a mountain range known as The Sandias, and up top (or, "The Crest"), there's a big tourist trap - er, log cabin that's essentially a massive gift shop. There are no cameras (that I can see), and the doors lock with a basic deadbolt, so I can pick them open. Right
now, I'm planning, as I said, which means I'm donning woodland/alpine camouflage gear, and packing my spotting scope, binocs, and binoc/digital camera combo, and getting detailed intel on all entrances and exits, security, etc, and the surrounding area (It's cool - on one side, there's just a sheer 300 foot drop. That building always seemed rather tenously placed to me, but I digress)
Anyway, I plan to get up there in the day and establish a miniature "camp" site about a mile away from the cabin, where all the people are. I quote "camp" because I'm not going to be having any fire or anything like that, just my camo web gear and a tiny, camo deer blind that I'll lounge in. The crest area closes to people at around 7:00 at night, but I'm going to wait until around 1:00 AM, and stealth through the woods until I reach the insertion point successfully. I'm going to proceed to pick open the door, sneak in, and have a look around all the restricted areas, stockroom, snack bar, etc. I know, I know; "What are you going to take?" Nothing. For anyone who didn't see my first post; my goal is exploring restricted areas, taking some healthy risk, and of course having fun. I will make my exit through a small employee's exit, which faces back towards my "camp". I'll make it back to "camP, allot myself 45 seconds to pack up my deer blind and get myself together, then hoof it about another 1/4 mile to a remote two-lane road where the bird will extract me. Ok, ok - Where my friend will be waiting with his '86 Honda Civic. lol.
so yeah. I'm still planning this, and making occasional trips up there and gathering recon; I need to spend one night up there doing recon, to make sure there's no security guards or anything that patrol. Otherwise, I'll be doing this in around a week or so. I'll make sure to update.
My loadout will be:
Night Vision monocular
SRK knife
10X compact, camo binoculars
Magnum Stealth boots
Alpine Camo BDU set, face makeup, and brush hat
Lockpicks
prybar
SureFire flashlight w/red, plain white, and infrared (can only be seen through night vision) filters
tactical knee protectors (read: glorified knee pads that will protect you from glass, sharp rocks, etc, as opposed to impact, like the skating type)
tac. elbow protectors; same thing
All gear carried in a set of camo web gear
This will be fun
-Infrared
Gear for sewer exploration(per person):
---
Two flashlights with spare batteries and bulbs
Knee pads
At least two liters of bottled water
Energy bars
Sidewalk chalk(>2 sticks)
Rope(nylon, about 20 feet)
One or two knives (>3 inch blades)
Road flares(as a last resort, if your flashlights get broken)
At least one person should also carry a crowbar.
[This message has been edited by Slithzerikai (edited 08-02-2003).]
|
|
#68
 2003-08-02, 22:18
|
David_Parker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You sure as hell have a lot of crap on your gear list just to go 'exploring'.
A lot of it seems excessive.
Personally, I'd try to make the best without all the gear and see how far I could get.
-David.
|
|
#69
 2003-08-02, 23:27
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I thought you didn't want to destroy anything. Why destroy a company's $300 a piece cameras.
I recomend getting the book Secrets of the Ninja as much of it is about moving silently. You can download it free and read it provided you have ADOBE Acrobat Reader.
You can get it from the Dojo Press website but you must search for it I don't have the link.
|
|
#70
 2003-08-03, 03:23
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
It's not that much gear, really. Let me get into detail:
NV Monocular: For visual recon; so I can see in that deep forest darkness, so I can make sure I'm not about to walk into a bear, or a rent-a-cop patrolling a dark area of the building
SRK Knife: For cutting down any thick brush I may find myself tangled in (remember, forest), for cutting off my clothing, should I need to get something off if I (somehow) get injured; for a lot of things. Knives are versatile tools.
10X binocs: For more powerful, but without NV capability, visual recon, to watch for people, and to zoom up and look through the windows of the cabin, to make sure no one's inside
Magnum Stealth boots: For foot protection, and softer steps, so I'm not detected
Alpine camo clothes/gear: So if any hopefuls somehow detect me; I can hide and blend in, should I find a flashlight shone on me.
Lockpicks: Take a wild guess
prybar: Because you never know (I don't anticipate using this for anything, but I want to have it anyway)
SureFire flashlight w/filters: The white beam for pure visibility; I don't anticipate using that unless I have to treat a bleeding wound from a bear attack or something. The red filter is harder to pick up, should I need some semi-stealthy light, and the red filter preserves your night vision too. the Infrared filter is for purely invisible (except to me) light, should there not be enough ambient light to give me a good sight picture with my night vision monocular
knee/elbow protectors: So I'm not scraped, cut, bruised, hurt out there, should I have to kneel or crawl on rocky/littered/uneven ground.
It's not so much gear, really. If I wanted to wreak havoc, my load would be doubled
-Infrared
|
|
#71
 2003-08-05, 19:11
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I am planning a major operation and need some advice(ten heads are better than one) I will be infiltrating a heavily patroled compound, here is some info about the compound;the perimeter fence is ten feet high with razor wire at the top, there are no alarms present. Over the fence there are large areas of land that has been ploughed(HELP- how will i get acrosss without leaving tracks ?), the compound is patroled every six minutes by vehicles with search lights, And by foot patrols with torches.
The area is on the side of a hill, with hardly any trees or bushes for cover. The compound is not very well lit, there is one huge building in the centre of the compound, and several unused buildings nearer the perimeter.
Here is a list of kit i will be taking with me:
camouflaged trousers
camouflaged shirt
camouflaged gloves
camouflaged peaked cap
green fabric boots
camouflage cream
homemade lock picks
binos
SLR bayonet
MP5SD airsoft
Is there any other kit that would be helpful for this operation ?
|
|
#72
 2003-08-05, 19:28
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Where are you from?
Why do you want to enter?
What kind of complex are we talking about?
About the plowed field. There is no way of getting tru it without leaving tracks. I would advise when you take a step make sure it's in the deep end of the plowed field. When they shine the fieled with a flashlight or something it should blend in with the area.
|
|
#73
 2003-08-05, 19:41
|
TheDragon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I ended up being too lazy and tired to do the nighttime ops at the campout. I did try to scare some campers with a loud firecracker. (I crept up on them, lit it, and threw it military style, lol) unfortuneatly, the firecracker was a dud and it was pointless.
I'm gonna do some neighborhood stuff tonight. I'll be using some minor gear, namely just binoculars(not night vision, but the few streetlamps should be enough for me to use the binoculars effectively) and stealth shoes. Not sure on my objectives yet, I"ll probably set my sights on a nearby school. No vandalism, just make it undetected to a certain part of it, mark it somehow (post it note...) then go back home.
|
|
#74
 2003-08-06, 01:01
|
hebobbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hmm one time me and a couple friends went to a dude's house that my friends hate. Anyways his
house is right across a park, with bushes facing his house. Which is perfect for egging
http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif. So we got two dozen eggs and threw them at the house, it
was great! then as we were finishing up and walking away, Age (one of the dudes) yells out
"FUCK!" and we look back and there is the man with a mullet by the house staring out. All of a
sudden he jumps forward and runs after us! We proceed to run all the way to a church which was
4 miles away. This mullet man guy ran after us for 2 miles...it was awesome
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
but this stuff you're talking about seems cool, of course none of my friends would want to do it with me, they'd think its gay...I hate when people are narrow sighted :P so I guess I will be going out tonight on my own. I have no equipment except dark clothes and a possibly a camera. I dont really have any 'objectives' so I will be sneaking through backyards probably, but I have a few questions, 'What are your excuses usually for leaving the house?' and 'What is a good objective to give for?'
|
|
#75
 2003-08-06, 02:07
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Q.Where are you from?
A.Can't answer that.
Q.What kind of complex are we talking about?
A.It's just a heavily guarded complex, no one knows what it is or what it's used for, there's always trucks that leave but always on differet times and days(nights).
Q.Why do you want to enter?
A.To find out what the fuck is in the heavily guarded building.
Q.What are your excuses usually for leaving the house? A.It's a buzz to leave the house and "sneak" into the "unknown". Here is some info i found on the net that helped me and hopefully will help everyone with the
same interests.
GUIDELINES FOR STEALTH WALKING
Maintain balance control by allowing your body weight to sink and be carried by deeply flexed knees.
Remember to breathe along with your movement. Unconsciously holding your breath can unknowingly produce unneeded muscle tension, and could result in gasping release of breathe if you are startled or accidentally unbalanced.
Stay alert to the entire scene. Do not become so engrossed in watching your feet that you do not notice other people an elements entering the surroundings.
Use all joints for movement, emphasizing fluidity through the engagement of the ankles, knees, and hips for stepping. Avoid the lazy and dangerous habit of stiffening knees and swinging the entire leg from the hip.
Maintain your weight and balance on your grounded leg while you move the other leg into position to bear the weight. When absolute silence is a must, avoid distributing your weight over both legs at the same time.
If practical, allow your hands to float lightly in front of and beside your torso, one arm higher and one arm lower, to detect possible obstructions before your committed body weight encounters them.
Pause and hold your position if you feel that you have accidentally caused too much noise. Listen for signs that you were heard, such as the movement of others or the immediate silencing of background noise following your slip. Sink a little lower on your knees to physically relax that could normally jump into your body with alarm. Take a deep breathe and release it slowly to further relax. Continue your pause for as long as you feel is necessary to regain composure and allow possible listeners to decide they did not hear anything after all.
Be as patient as possible. If speed of travel is not important, take as much time as you can. Impatience and the resultant hasty movement that it encourages are the greatest dangers to the person who must move silently without detection.
Keep your movement appropriate to your surroundings. Do not go to greater lengths than necessary to conceal your movement, while at the same being aware of what others entering the area may see if they cannot hear. Total silence may not be needed when moving through wooded or densely populated areas where scattered noise is a natural part of the environment. Also be aware that low profile crawling or sliding ma be the only way to move silently without being seen in some locations.
CONCEALMENT People are seen for a number of reasons, remembering these vital words that will help you to stay covered from the enemy at all times;
SHAPE- Lose your shape, break up the bodies outline and blend in with the surroundings
SHINE- Mask any shiny or reflective objects on your person, including the face.
SHADOW- Move behind lights when possible. If not move in the shadows, the human shadow is easily distinguished.
SILHOUETTE- The human shape is familiar and stands out. Keep low from sky lines.
SURFACE- Blend in with the surroundings.
SPACING- When in a group spread out randomly. Nature is not orderly.
MOVEMENT- Things are seen especially when they move. Avoid unnecessary movement
Inpo, the art of hiding, is an integral part of the Ninjitsu system. It simply means that one must take advantage of every possible object, natural as well as man made, to conceal oneself. Inpo gave rise to the legends that the ancient ninja could vanish at will..
Foremost among the precepts of inpo is the admonition to avoid unnecessary movement. Following are the five preferred inpo methods:
EARTH METHOD
The best example of this technique is supplied by Uzura gakure no-jitsu, which suggests hiding like a quail in small gaps between two larger objects. The primary consideration here is that one must be able to completely fill the space between the objects. In this way, one may escape detection, since an observer will scan past these as he walks. Of note also is the technique of hiding under overhanging brush or grass. Stay low to observe and look around the cover.
AIR METHOD
This refers to hiding like a racoon. It means that one should climb a tree or other high place and press oneself against the object so that one seems to be a part of it. The infamous jewel thieves, Alan Kuhn and Jack Murphy- who stole the Star of India from a New York museum- made frequent use of this tactic. They believed, and rightly so, that people seldom look up.
WATER METHOD
This means to imitate the actions of the fox by concealing oneself in water. Not only does this aid in erasing one's trail, but also allows only poor footing for the pursuing enemy. This method is also extremely useful when one can spring on an enemy out of the water for the purpose of drowning him.
FIRE METHOD
This is perhaps the most difficult of the inpo arts. It refers to the erasing of sound and shadow. Always move behind a light source to avoid casting a shadow or silhouette which might betray you. Learn to move silently. Only practice in the nine steps can develop this skill.
WOOD METHOD
Pu Neng Mu is the term used to mean "invisibility in plain sight". When no cover is at hand one must hide behind nothing. This is accomplished by distorting the silhouette. It is possible to form the body into many shapes by means of yogic exercises. In the old days of ninjitsu, one excellent tactic involved replacing a scare crow and standing in the center of a ploughed field. By kneeling and wrapping the arms around the knees, one assumes a position like a stone or bush.
POSITIONS OF CONCEALMENT
There are six basic positions which may be used to conceal your presence:
1. ABOVE- A position above the enemy is the first of these, as mentioned people rarely look up. One may use this propensity to his advantage. Roof tops are a good place of concealment as by laying flat observations can be made, However, avoid silhouetting.
2. BELOW- One can also hide below the enemy when hiding or observing. Look for crawl spaces, air ducts or cellars. Remember to replace any grates or trap doors that may have been in your way. Beware of being trapped, NEVER move into a space with only one exit.
3. BESIDE- Beside cover is a third method which may be used. Regardless of the object, keep as low as possible at all times. Use shadows when ever possible- conceal yourself within it and assume the same shape.
4. BEHIND- Hiding behind cover is another technique. In selecting this approach, bear in mind that you must assume the same shape as the object. Shrubs, hedges, crates, stacked material, and so on, may be used for this purpose.
5. INSIDE- Hiding inside is another method of concealment. The trick is to choose places where a person is not expected to fit. One must possess great flexibility and the ability to remain uttery still. Remember to beware of becoming trapped.
6. INFRONT- Infront of cover is the boldest and most difficult of all these concealment methods. To accomplish this, one must select the object of concealment, position himself directly before it, and assume its shape. Lower the torso and look directly ahead without fixing the eyes on any one point. Relax the body.
In all of these concealment methods, the primary consideration is no movement. It is of utmost importance in hiding in plain view. This technique was a favourite of the ancient ninja, who would position themselves so, along a path travelled by the enemy, stepping forward to attack him as he passed. DO NOT look directly at the enemy as this will cause him to sense your presence.
MOVEMENT
The Nine Steps
Man sees in three ways, by movement, silhouette, and colour. Man also hears, and some hear more acutely than others. Also, since some people can sense a foreign presence, one must have a calm mind to escape their notice. To elude all these sensory pickups is to be invisible for all practical purposes. To eradicate colour, one employs black art, a magician's skill. Black is the absence of colour. This means that a black surface absorbs all of the light rays incident upon it, reflecting none. It is the reflected rays that give an object its apparent colour. Further a black surface casts no shadow upon itself to define its depth. To erase shadow and sound, one must employ the nine steps detailed next:
1. Black/Stealthily Step
Lower the hips and raise both arms; the feet are turned inwards and one shoulder width apart. The hips are back and the head lowered. The eyes are directed without being fixed at a spot about ten foot ahead. Keeping the upper body still move the right foot in to the left then out and forward in a semi-circle manner, keeping all the weight on the left foot and feeling the ground ahead with the foot for a suitable step. Always keep the arms up and elbows in to protect the body and feel for obstacles. Always direct the Chi (inner/sixth sense) forward.
2. Cross Step
Stand sideways to the direction you wish to go. The lead arm is held middle to low section in front
of you ready to steady the body if it should become unbalanced and the rear arm is held up by the head in a ready position. Move all of the body weight onto the front foot then bring the rear foot around in front of the body and place it half a step in front, in the direction you want to go. Then take the front foot, from behind the previous rear foot, and stretch it out as far as possible feeling for a suitable position to place it. The eyes scan the ground about three foot in front. This technique is easily mastered and is extremely efficient for quick, silent movement. When passing a window, or the like, one should listen for sounds before, during and after one has passed the obstacle. Always try and move on the balls of the feet, as this gives faster, smother movements.
3. Night Walking Ability
This is employed when it is necessary to move quietly and quickly forward. Lower the body for better balance, and extend the arms, palm down at waist level. Step forward with the left foot, balancing on the right leg. Place the toes lightly on the ground and shift body weight forward. As you move, press the left heel down gently. Glide forwards, advancing the right foot in a similar manner.
4. Serpent Step
This technique is employed when one needs move close to the ground. Keep the body as flat as possible. The hands are kept palms down, near the face, with elbows close to the body, legs spread, and toes outward. The head is lifted to observe the enemy. to move forward, extend the arms and draw the left leg forward. The weight is borne on the forearms and ankle to knee on the leg, so that the body does not drag on the ground. Change the pushing leg frequently to avoid fatigue. Stop and listen after each movement, silence and slow movement are essential.
Dragon Step
This is a variation of the serpent step. Keep the body free of the ground by resting on the forearms and lower legs. Move forwards by alternately moving the right knee/left elbow and then the left knee/ right elbow. This position is quite vulnerable so use it at distance.
5. Rushing Step
Use this technique when changing cover. From a press up position, bring the right leg up to the chest, the same as a 100m runner. Spring to the feet and run to the next position keeping low with the arms hanging in front. At the new position silently drop to the knees then to the front of the body and roll into cover.
6. Entering Pivot
This is most effective when turning a corner, i.e. a wall. Press against the wall with the back, resting the weight forward. Place the leading hand by the knee and the rear hand around the body and press it against the wall by the face. Slowly learn forward and look around the corner. Do this at a fairly low level. Having determined that the move can be accomplished move the head back out of sight. Stretch the leading leg around the corner as far as possible and slide the body around the corner. When the hips have cleared the wall the rear leg is pulled through. Press your back against the wall and check that the movement was not observed.
7. Wall Climbing Ability
To perfect this technique to scale bare or smooth walls requires three years floor work, three years climbing walls with jutting bricks and three years bare wall climbing. Press the body against the wall, getting a feel for the surface material. Look directly upward, selecting a hand hold route you will employ. Grip the ledge, and place the toes on a second ledge. Simultaneously push with the legs and pull with the arms, gaining sufficient momentum to carry your hand to the edge of the
wall. Regain balance and go again, moving only one point at a time. Walls may also be advanced with the chest facing, and using drainpipes and trellises, bearing in mind that they are considerably weaker at the top than at the bottom. Always test the object before attempting to scale them. When confronted by a fence topped by barbed wire, three methods may be used to cross the perimeter. First you may climb the barrier, finding ample support for feet and hands near the support poles. When crossing the barbed wire, grasp it at either the support, or between the barbs and slowly let yourself over taking care not to get caught on the wire. Drop clear of the fence on the other side executing a forward roll to break the impact, reduce noise and roll to a pre-selected point of concealment. Take care not to touch electrified fences, look for small insulator boxes at intervals and dead animals nearby.
8. Side Step
This technique is employed when the need to pass an open door or threshold arises. Assume the position as in the 'entering pivot step' (#6) Observe the situations, noting any personnel and their positions. As quickly and silently as possible push off with the rear leg stepping clear of the opening and landing on the left leg in one swift motion. On the other side check once again that the movement was not observed.
9. Lost Track Pivot
Stand with knees slightly bent toes pointing forward, and the body lowered slightly. Pivot on the ball of the right foot while turning toward your right forward corner and step out to your left. You will now be facing 90 degrees from your original position. The instant the left foot touches down, shift the weight to that side and execute another 90 degree pivot, this time to your right rear corner. You now face 180 degrees from your original position.
More Ways To Move
When ascending stairs keep close to the wall and move using the cross step. Alternatively you could use the dragon step to move up the stairs. This spreads out the body weight and pressure and reduces noise while keeping the body's position covered. When confronted by a mirror, treat it as an opening or window passing out side the field of reflection. Observe the position of your shadow as this may give you away.
Moving At Night
Not all of the movement methods are suitable at night. The appropriate method for night movement must be adopted. * At night you hear more than you see * Stop and listen. Keep close to the ground. * Freeze if you hear a noise.
When moving at night always remember to:
* Keep quite..........................Don't have loose equipment *Move carefully...................Use the appropraite method of moving * Clear the route...................Do not step on any dry vegetation * Use avaiolable cover........Flares turn night into day
Listening At Night
Use your ears and turn them towards any sound. Closing the eyes will help to increase the amount of noise that you hear. If there are men about, keep an ear close to the ground or any other other dense material such as walls, roads, rail traks, etc. Sound travels alot better throuch denser materials than it does through air.
Night Vision
Humans can see in the dark, however, the eyes take approximately 30 minutes to used to the dark. At night remember:
* We can see less than in daylight * We see shapes not detail * We see skylines and silhouettes * We may see movemnet.
Exposure to bright light will ruin the eyes night vision. If caught in the light of flares, headlights or other strong sources of light, take cover at once (in open ground), freeze (in a wood). If you see a flare, or bright light source, instantly close one eye. This will help to protect the night vision in that eye.
Movement Rules
Follow these general rules to move without being seen or heard by the enemy:
* Camouflage yourself and your equipment. * Wear soft, well-fitting clothes. Starched clothing swishes, baggy clothing is likely to snag. * Use ankle ties to blouse the trousers. Do not tie them too tightly as this restricts circulation. * Do not carry unnecessary equipment. * Look for your next point of concealment before leaving your position. * Change direction when moving through tall grass; a straight path causes unnatural motion which attracts attention. * If you alarm birds or animals , remain in your position and observe. Their flight may attract attention. * Take advantage of distractions provided by natural noises. * Cross roads and tracks where maximum cover exists, look for a low spot or curve, cross quickly and silently. * Follow the furrows when crawling over ploughed land, crossing the furrows at low spots. * Avoid steep slopes and areas with loose gravel or stone. * Avoid cleared areas and prevent silhouetting. * Avoid heavily trafficked areas. * Avoid areas that are not trafficked at all, they could be mined or booby-trapped. * Always move downwind from kennels or guard dog positions. * Observe the enemy as much as possible, watching for indications that you have been discovered. * When in doubt, don't move. * Learn the patterns used to see, that you may move outside the field of view. * Learn to move without disturbing your surroundings.
PHYSICAL SECURITY AND INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEMS
Introduction:
Physical Security relies on the following ideas to protect a facility:
Deterrence Prevention Detection Response
Deterrents are used to 'scare' the intruder out of trying to gain access. Prevention tries to stop the intruder from gaining access. Detection 'sees' the intruder while attempting to gain access. Response tries to stop and/or prevent as much damage or access to a facility as possible after detection. There are 3 security levels used in this article and in industry to designate a facility's need. They are: Low, Medium, and High. The amount, and types of security devices used by a facility are directly proportional to the level of security the facility 'thinks' it needs. This article will be primarily concerned with the protection of the perimeter.
The Perimeter:
A facility's first line of defense against intrusion is its' perimeter. The perimeter may have any or all of the following:
* A single fence * An interior fence coupled with an exterior fence * Regular barbed wire * Rolled barbed wire * Various fence mounted noise or vibration sensors * Security lighting and CCTV * Buried seismic sensors and different photoelectric and microwave systems
Fences:
Fences are commonly used to protect the perimeter. The most common fence in use today is the cyclone fence, better known as the chain link fence. Fences are used as a deterrent and to prevent passage through the perimeter. Common ways of defeating fences are by cutting, climbing, and lifting. Cutting is not usually recommended for surreptitious entry, since it is easily noticeable. In this article, we will be taking the 'Stealth' approach. Climbing is most commonly done, but if the fence is in plain view, it may not be advisable since you can be seen easily. The higher the fence, the longer it takes to climb. The longer it takes to climb, the longer security has to detect and respond to your actions. Lifting is better since you are closer to the ground, and not as easily spotted, but the fence must be very flexible, or the sand very soft so you can get under the fence quickly and easily. Whenever you see a somewhat 'unclimbable' fence (or one that you just don't want to climb) you should check the perimeter for large trees with uncut branches hanging over the fence or other objects which will enable you to bypass the fence without ever touching it. You could use a ladder but you don't want to leave anything behind, especially with your fingerprints on it, not that you plan on doing anything illegal of course. Electric fences are not used for security purposes as much as they were in the past. Today, its main use if to keep cattle or other animals away from the perimeter (either from the inside or outside). There are devices which send a low voltage current through a fence and can detect a drop in the voltage when someone grabs onto the fence. Again, not too common. For high security installations, there may be 2 fences. An outer fence, and an inner fence which are 5-10 yards apart. It isn't often that you see this type of setup, it is mainly used by government agencies and the military. You can be very sure that there are various intrusion detection devices mounted on the fence, buried underground between them, and/or line-of-sight microwave or photoelectric devices used. These will be mentioned later. If you insist on penetrating the perimeter, then you should try to measure how far it is between fences. Now find a 2 foot by X foot board where X is the distance between the 2 fences. Very slowly place the board on top of both fences. If there are no fence vibration sensors you can just climb the fence and step onto the board to walk across the top. If there are fence sensors, you will need a ladder which cannot touch the fence to get you on top of the board. You can then walk on the board, over the ground in between, and jump down, being careful not to disturb the fences. This will work if there are no sensors after the 2 fences. Identi- fying sensors will be mentioned later. Obviously the method of using a long board to put on top of the two fences will not work if the fences are spaced too far apart. Also, you and the board can be seen very easily.
Barbed Wire:
There are two common types of barbed wire in use today. The more common and less secure is the type that is strung horizontally across the fence with three or more rows. The 'barbs' are spaced about 6" apart, enough for you to put your hand in between while climbing over. Also, it is thin enough to be cut very easily. If you think you will need to leave in a hurry or plan on problem free surreptitious entry and the only way out will be to climb over the fence again you can cut the wire from one post to another, assuming the wire is tied or soldered to each post, and replace it with a plastic wire which looks like the wire you just cut. Tie it to each post, and come back anytime after that. You can then climb over it without being cut. The other type of wire, which is more secure or harmful, depending on how you look at it, is a rolled, circular wire commonly called Razor Ribbon. One manufacturer of this is the American Fence Co. which calls it 'the mean stuff'. And it is. The barbs are as sharp as razors. Of course this can be cut, but you will need very long bolt cutters and once you cut it, jump as far back as you can to avoid the wire from springing into your face. As mentioned earlier, cutting is irreparable, and obvious. If the wire is loosely looped, there may be sufficient room in between to get through without getting stitches and losing lots of blood. If the wire is more tightly looped you may be able to cover the the wire with some tough material such as a leather sheet so you can climb over without getting hurt. This method is not easy to accomplish however. You may want to see if you can get under the fence or jump over rather than climb it.
Fence Mounted Noise or Vibration Sensors:
Let's assume you have found a way to get past the fence. Of course you have not tried this yet, since you should always plan before you act. OK, you have planned how you would theoretically get over or past the fence. You are now past the deterrent and prevention stages. Before you put the plan into action you had better check for the things mentioned earlier. If a fence is the first step in security defense, then fence mounted sensors are the second step. The types of detection equipment that can be mounted on the fence are:
Fence shock sensors: These mount on fence posts at intervals of 10 to 20 feet, or on every post. They are small boxes clamped about 2/3 up from ground level. There is a cable, either twisted pair or coax running horizontally across the fence connecting these boxes. The cable can be concealed in conduits or inside the fence itself, thus, making it hard to visually detect. Each fence sensor consists of a seismic shock sensor that detects climbing over, lifting up or cutting through the fence. So if the fence is climbable, it would not be wise to do so since you may be detected. Of course it doesn't matter if your detected if there is no security force to respond and deter you. Another type, is called the E-Flex cable. It's simply a coax cable running horizontally across the fence. This cable can not only be used on chain link fences, but can also be used on concrete block, brick, or other solid barriers. It may be on the outside, or mounted inside the fence, thus, making detection of the device harder. Of course detection of this and other similar devices which cannot be seen, doesn't make it impossible. A way to detect this, is by simply repeatedly hitting the wall with a blunt object or by throwing rocks at it. If nothing out of the ordinary happens, then you can be reasonably sure it is not in place. This is basically a vibration sensor. Low frequency microphones: This is essentially a coax cable that responds to noise transmitted within the fence itself. Vibration sensors: These are based on mercury switches, a ring or ball on a pin, or a ball on a rail. Movement of the fence disturbs the switches and signals alarms. A hint that this is in use is that it can only be used on a securely constructed and tightly mounted fence, with no play or movement in it. Otherwise, they will be getting false alarms like crazy.
Now you know all about these types, how do you get around it? Well, don't touch the fence. But if there is no alternative, and you must climb it, then climb the fence where it makes a 90 degree turn (the corner) or at the gate. Climb it very slowly and carefully, and you should be able to get over without being detected by these sensors! Make sure you climb on the largest pipe and don't fall.
Security Lighting And CCTV:
Sometimes, fences may be backed up by Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) systems to make visual monitoring of the perimeter easier and quicker. By installing an adequate lighting system and conventional CCTV cameras, or by using special low light sensitive cameras, the perimeter can be monitored from a central point. Security personnel can then be dispatched when an intruder is detected on the monitors. Some systems are stationary, and others can be moved to view different areas of the perimeter from within the central station. It would be in your best interest to determine if the camera is stationary or not. If so, you may be able to plan a path which will be out of the view range of the camera. If it is movable, you will have to take your chances. Light control sensor: This utilizes a Passive InfraRed (PIR) sensor to detect the body heat emitted from someone entering the detection area, and can activate a light or other alarm. PIR's will be discussed in Part II of this series. The sensor has an option called: 'night only mode' in which a light will flash when a person enters the area, but only during night hours. It can tell if its dark by either a photoelectric sensor, or by a clock. Of course if its daylight savings time, the clock may not be totally accurate, which can be used to your advantage. If it is photoelectric, you can simply place a flashlight pointing directly into the sensor during daylight hours. When it gets dark, the photoelectric sensor will still 'think' its day since there is sufficient light, thus, not activating the unit to detect alarm conditions. This should enable you to move within the area at will.
Buried Seismic Sensors:
Seismic detectors are designed to identify an intruder by picking up the sound of your footsteps or other noises related to passing through the protected area. These sensors have a range of about 20 feet and are buried underground and linked by a cable, which carries their signals to a processor. There, the signals are amplified and equalized to eliminate frequencies that are unrelated to intruder motion. The signals are converted to pulses that are compared with a standard signal threshold. Each pulse that crosses this threshold is tested on count and frequency. If it meets all the criteria for a footstep, an alarm is triggered. These sensors can even be installed under asphalt or concrete by cutting a trench through the hard surface. It is also immune to weather and can follow any type of terrain. The only restriction is that the area of detection must be free of any type of obstruction such as a tree or a bush.
Electronic Field Sensor:
These detect an intruder by measuring a change in an electric field. The field sensors use a set of two cables, one with holes cut into the cable shielding to allow the electromagnetic field to 'leak' into the surrounding area. The other cable is a receiver to detect the field and any changes in it. Objects passing through the field distort it, triggering an alarm. This sensor can either be buried or free standing, and can follow any type of terrain. But its very sensitive to animals, birds, or wind blown debris, thus, if it is very windy out, and you know this is being used, you can get some paper and throw it so the wind takes it and sets off the alarm repeatedly. If it is done enough, they may temporarily turn it off, or ignore it due to excessive false alarms. It is not hard to tell if these devices are in use. You cannot see them, but you don't have to. Simply get 3-4 medium sized stones. Throw them into the place where you think the protected area is. Repeat this several times. This works on the lesser advanced systems that have trouble distinguishing this type of seismic activity from human walking/running. If nothing happens, you can be reasonably sure this is not in use. Now that you can detect it, how do you defeat it? Well as far as the electronic field sensor is concerned, you should wait for a windy night and cause excessive false alarms and hope they will turn it off. As far as the seismic sensors, you can take it one step at a time, very softly, maybe one step every 30-60 seconds. These sensors have a threshold, say, two or more consecutive footsteps in a 30 second time interval will trigger the alarm. Simply take in one step at a time, slowly, and wait, then take another step, wait, until you reach your destination. These detectors work on the assumption that the intruder has no knowledge of the device, and will walk/run across the protected area normally, thus, causing considerable seismic vibrations. The problem with this method is that it will take you some time to pass through the protected area. This means there is more of a chance that you will be seen. If there are a lot of people going in and out of the facility, you may not want to use this method. Another way would be to run across the protected area, right next to the door, (assuming that is where the response team will come out) and drop a large cat or a dog there. When they come out, they will hopefully blame the alarm on the animal. The sensor shouldn't really pick up a smaller animal, but odds are the security force are contract guards who wouldn't know the capabilities of the device and the blame would fall on the animal and not you, assuming there were no cameras watching...
Microwave Systems:
In an outdoor microwave system, a beam of microwave energy is sent from a transmitter to a receiver in a conical pattern. Unlike indoor microwave detectors, which detect an intruders' movement in the microwave field, the outdoor system reacts to an intruders' presence by detecting the decrease in energy in the beam. The beams can protect an area up to 1500 feet long and 40 feet wide. All transmission is line-of-sight and the area between transmitter and receiver should be kept clear of trees and other objects that can block the beam. Microwave systems can operate in bad weather, and won't signal an alarm due to birds or flying debris. These systems work on the Doppler effect, in which they detect motion that changes the energy, and sets off an alarm. These devices will usually be placed inside a fence to avoid false alarms. These devices are very easy to visually detect. They are posts from 1-2 yards high, about 6 inches by 6 inches and there are 2 of them, one receiver and one transmitter. In some cases
there will be more, which enables them to protect a larger area. To defeat this, you can enter the field, very slowly, taking one step at a time but each step should be like you are in slow motion. It doesn't matter how hard you hit the ground, since it doesn't detect seismic activity, only how fast you approach the field. If you take it very slowly you may be able to get past. Detectors of this type get more and more sensitive as you approach the posts. Ergo, choose a path which will lead you furthest away from the posts.
Photoelectric Systems:
These systems rely on an invisible barrier created by beams of infrared light sent from a light source to a receiver. When the beam is interrupted, the alarm sounds. The beam can have an effective range of up to 500 feet. Multiple beams can be used to increase the effectiveness of the system, making it harder for you to climb over or crawl under the beams. Photoelectric systems can be prone to false alarms as a result of birds or wind-blown debris passing through the beam. The problem can be corrected by the installation of a circuit that requires the beam to be broken for a specified amount of time before an alarm is sounded. Weather conditions like heavy fog, can also interrupt the beam and cause an alarm. This can also be corrected by a circuit that reacts to gradual signal loss. These systems should not face directly into the rising or setting sun since this also cuts off the signal beam. As you can see this system has many problems which you can take advantage of to bypass this system. As with any system and method, surveillance of the facility should be accomplished in various weather conditions to help verify the existence of a particular detection device, and to see how they react to false alarms. Many times, you will be able to take advantage of various conditions to accomplish your mission. If there is only one set of devices (transmitter and receiver), try to estimate the distance of the sensors from the ground. You can then either crawl under or jump over the beam. This also works on the assumption that the intruder will not recognize that the device is in use.
Guards: There are two types, in-house or company paid guards and contract guards. Contract guards are less secure since they do not work for the facility and if they make a mistake they simply get transferred to another facility no big deal. In-house guards know the facility better and have more to lose, thus, they are probably more security conscious. Be aware of any paths around the perimeter in which guards can/will walk/ride to visually inspect the exterior of the facility.
Central monitoring: Monitoring of the devices mentioned in this article is usually accomplished at a 'Central Station' within the facility. Usually, guards *SHOULD* be monitoring these. If you have planned well enough, you may find that the guard leaves his/her post to do various things at the same time every night. This would be an ideal time to do anything that may be seen by cameras. Unfortunately, there will probably be more than one guard making this nearly impossible.
Gates: Probably the easiest way to pass through the perimeter is to go through the gate. Whether in a car, or by walking. This may not be too easy if it is guarded, or if there is a card reading device used for entry.
Diversions: In some cases, a diversion could better insure your passage through the perimeter. Keep this in mind.
Hope this helps people in there ops, and if anyone has more info then please post it here.
thank you and good luck.
[This message has been edited by Sam Fisher (edited 08-06-2003).]
|
|
#76
 2003-08-06, 05:15
|
master5570 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm fairly new at the whole night time exploring thing but I live in an area with lots of commercial construction around which makes for good interior views. One interesting thing I have discovered is that most buildings with flat roofs have trap doors on top that don't appear to have any locking mechanisim. I have opened one before, but there was a janitor in the building at the time so I didn't actually go walk around. Once you open the door there is usually a seven step ladder leading into the building. Well I hope this helps someone have a little fun.
|
|
#77
 2003-08-06, 12:36
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sage advice, Sam Fisher. Where did you find all that? (PS: Splinter Cell rocks.)
The big mountain op I posted about here before has pretty much been planned out. I hope to execute it this Friday night. I'll let you all know how it goes
-Infrared
|
|
#78
 2003-08-06, 13:04
|
hebobbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
excellent, I canat wait to hear about this ops.... http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
|
|
#79
 2003-08-06, 15:20
|
Phlab 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sam Fisher:
MP5SD airsoft
Is there any other kit that would be helpful for this operation ?
Don't take this as a flame, but rather as crucial advice.
You would be an absolute fucking fool to bring an airsoft gun with you. What would it be used for? Nothing. Would it be a hassle to carry? Yes. Would you be legally FUCKED UP THE ASS if caught? Yes. Is there a chance of you being shot at if caught? Definately. (By legally fucked up the ass, I mean this... If you get caught trespassing, and you get prosecuted, the punishment is going to be a lot more severe when you get caught with a loaded gun.)
You're trespassing on what appears to be some sort of military-like compound. Do you really think they are going to hesitate to protect whatever it is they are protecting when they see someone with an exact 1:1 copy of a machine gun?
Bad idea. Bad fucking idea.
|
|
#80
 2003-08-06, 23:22
|
Rabid Bunny 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This all sounds awsome, and as a night-time person I think I will enjoy it. I'm going on vacation to Los Angelas, California on Friday and want to do something there. It's a quiet little housing community called Playa Del Ray, lots of yards and huge houses with rich people. It shouldn't be hard at all to get out of the house, and I doubt I'll encounter anything more serious than the stupid mutt next door, who never shuts up. How do I deal with him?
I have at my disposal a knife, which I plan on taking, a backpack, flashlights, loads of black clothing, matches, paperclips (do not mock the almighty paperclip!), a pocket knife with miniscissors and uhh stuff. Anything else I'll need, or anything unique to LA that might screw my plans?
|
|
#81
 2003-08-06, 23:46
|
Rabid Bunny 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Right after I shut the computer down, my brain starts functioning again. My, isn't life ironic. Ok,
added to list: big scissors, candles (for use with matches if flashlights die) additional knives, extra batteries, screwdrivers and the like.
However, encountered huge problem. How the fuck do I get knives past airport security?!?! It's incredibly tight at LAX and Dulles, last year even before I had a punky look and a no care additude, they made me take off my shoes. I was wearing sandals. Really sad. Now they'll search me extra for sure. My brother's bringing an X-box along, last time they spent extra time determining that it was not a bomb, but then just waved it through. Could I use it to hide them somehow? Or perhaps put the knives in a special container that wouldn't be pierced by the xrays? Too late to ship, and too expensive and conspicuous. Damn, and it seemed like such an awsome idea. Maybe I could just hope that security would let a pocket knife go through...?
|
|
#82
 2003-08-06, 23:58
|
Slithzerikai 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
No way in hell they'll let a pocket knife through. They don't even let nail files through.
|
|
#83
 2003-08-07, 01:55
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
about the silenced pistol part, why not just get a small crossbow ad take the dart out of the dog after it goes down?(I am completely agenst killing dogs and find it much funner to sneak by them. or you can start barking yourself beforehand to wake up its owner and take it inside.)
|
|
#84
 2003-08-07, 05:16
|
Armed&Angry 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is one of those rare Bad Ideas that actually sounds like fun...
|
|
#85
 2003-08-07, 05:28
|
beanis64 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
My first nightime op.
The test of my skills.
Equipment:Black BDU
Lock picks
Knife
Flashlight
Binoculars
Place:Fairly big retirement community for the wealthy.
Setting:Warm, Rainy night light up by streetlights.
Time:1:15am
Threats:Streetlights, Security Guards(only 2), and the people who call them.
Objectives:Break in, and get from the front to the back, and back out without being seen.
Breaking in:I look through the gate to make sure no one is coming and pick the padlock as qiuckly as possible.
As I walk in, I hide in a cluster of very small palm trees and scope out the area. No gaurds or people.
I walk along a dark area against the wall. I make sure no one is looking and run in an open area that is light up by a streetlight(this was neccesary to get to another dark area). I hide on the dark
side of the house to make sure no one is coming, and run to another house which has darkness.
I do this for six more houses, and do the same for the way back.
Problems that occured http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif1)On the second house I heard a voice and a dog barking. I hide in the bush on the side of the house and look. Thank god, its just a man walking his dog. Oh shit! The dog heads my way. It stops about 20 feet short(it only moved about 5 feet though, yeah i was a little paranoid, but thats only because it was my first time doing this), sniffs a pile of shit and takes a piss(and so do I).
(2)On my way back I hear the humming of a golf cart and rays of light from a flashlight. I hide in a bush and check my watch. It's 2:01. I studied this place for a couple days before i did this and found that every night the security guards do a routine ride at 12, 2, and 4(and other times too, but those are irrelevant). I waited for them to leave and continued my exit.
Time of exit:2:26am
Thing I learned during this adventure: Old rich people like to fuck(3 houses had this going on), yell, and walk their fancy pets.
And these peolple need a lot better security than what they have.
So, how do you guys think i did for my first nighttime op?
|
|
#86
 2003-08-07, 05:49
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sounds like you did pretty good for yourself. You cased the area (hopefully not being too obvious
about it), made a plan, and watched your ass. Did you have a good time, though? If you didn't,
you fucked up http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
My only advice; don't wear black BDU's, wear the dark blue kind. Trust me. Solid black is not the natural color of night, so if somebody is looking hard enough, black will give you an outline. In dark blue, you'll blend in better with the darkness, and have much much less of an outline.
Otherwise, it sounds like you did good. Congratulations on your first op. It only gets more exciting from here
-Infrared
|
|
#87
 2003-08-07, 05:49
|
Satatik 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Good,I'm doing one too,tonight,in my neibors yard,oh yea that ninjitsu advice,I took 4 years of
shaolin shuan fa,or another name for it is shaolin kenpo kung fu,sp that was quite easy to learn,I'll
report back tomorrow.
|
|
#88
 2003-08-07, 05:54
|
beanis64 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I had A really good time and will be doing this again soon. And yes I know to wear dark blue, and
I was. I just said black because because I couldn't think of what color to call it, plus it looks more
black than blue because it is so dark.
|
|
#89
 2003-08-07, 17:09
|
Phlab 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Slithzerikai:
No way in hell they'll let a pocket knife through. They don't even let nail files through.
I unknowingly had a larger-sized pocket knife in my carry-on when I went to Europe and back. They never found out.
|
|
#90
 2003-08-07, 20:45
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Phlab:
Don't take this as a flame, but rather as crucial advice.
You would be an absolute fucking fool to bring an airsoft gun with you. What would it be used for? Nothing. Would it be a hassle to carry? Yes. Would you be legally FUCKED UP THE ASS if caught? Yes. Is there a chance of you being shot at if caught? Definately. (By legally fucked up the ass, I mean this... If you get caught trespassing, and you get prosecuted, the punishment is going to be a lot more severe when you get caught with a loaded gun.)
You're trespassing on what appears to be some sort of military-like compound. Do you really think they are going to hesitate to protect whatever it is they are protecting when they see someone with an exact 1:1 copy of a machine gun?
Bad idea. Bad fucking idea. The MP5SD airsoft at first was to make me look "cool" LOL that was when i was younger, It has got me out of some shit before, basicaly two years ago i got a little big headed(you'll have to watch out for this), and was seen by a security guard and he started to run at me and i panicked and ran but got caught in a dead end he runs around the corner and stops, he starts to speak in to his radio. Next thing i know i've just shot him twice in the chest and three times in the leg, I didn't even stop to say sorry.
The compound that i am going to infiltrate can't be "military" i'm prety sure of that as no one carrys any form of Weapon, and it's not really defended like a military base.
[This message has been edited by Sam Fisher (edited 08-07-2003).]
|
|
#91
 2003-08-07, 20:56
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Sage advice, Sam Fisher. Where did you find all that? (PS: Splinter Cell rocks.)
The big mountain op I posted about here before has pretty much been planned out. I hope to execute it this Friday night. I'll let you all know how it goes
-Infrared Where did i find all that info ?
Use info.com it basicaly searches 12 or so search engines at a time and it's quick too.
Type something like infiltration manuals or something.
Hope this helps.
|
|
#92
 2003-08-07, 21:19
|
RevolutionNov7th 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is a kickass thread...
And I thought I was the only one that went prowling around at night for the hell of it. I live in a quite built-up part of town so I'd look a little suspicious with a BDU and airsoft gun strolling down the street. I normally have just dark clothing and a small dark cloth backpack.
Once I was in a large park however, on the way to a storage yard that was full of interesting stuff. It was pitch black. Suddenly about 5 or 6 drunken townies came out of nowhere and started messing about very near me. I was dressed head to toe in black and they came within 10 feet of me but never noticed I was there...
|
|
#93
 2003-08-07, 22:11
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by RevolutionNov7th:
This is a kickass thread...
And I thought I was the only one that went prowling around at night for the hell of it. I live in a quite built-up part of town so I'd look a little suspicious with a BDU and airsoft gun strolling down the street. I normally have just dark clothing and a small dark cloth backpack.
Once I was in a large park however, on the way to a storage yard that was full of interesting stuff. It was pitch black. Suddenly about 5 or 6 drunken townies came out of nowhere and started messing about very near me. I was dressed head to toe in black and they came within 10 feet of me but never noticed I was there...
A few months ago i was out testing my stealth/camouflage skills at around 10pm it was dark as fuck. So i'm going along and suddenly i hear a great big "Aye Neeeeed i Pish" (the guy was stoned but i understood him) i dive(stealth like ofcourse) for the nearest cover right in a bush.
Waiting.
Waiting, then i sense something beside me i slowly look up and "what the fuck" luckily for me i said it in my head. This stoned guy is pissing on me, but hadn't seen me, then he zips up then staggers away, i go home and find all this green dog shit all down my side from inside the bush.
|
|
#94
 2003-08-07, 23:06
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sam Fisher:
The compound that i am going to infiltrate can't be "military" i'm prety sure of that as no one carrys any form of Weapon, and it's not really defended like a military base.
[This message has been edited by Sam Fisher (edited 08-07-2003).]
Oh so you don't know what kind of base it is? I mean you should gather some intel on this place. And oh yeah check out my previous post.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sam Fisher:
Where did i find all that info ? Use info.com it basicaly searches 12 or so search engines at a time and it's quick too. Type something like infiltration manuals or something.
Hope this helps. That stuff is also in the "how to become a hitman" guide on this site. In the bad Ideas area.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sam Fisher:
Q.What kind of complex are we talking about?
A.It's just a heavily guarded complex, no one knows what it is or what it's used for, there's always trucks that leave but always on differet times and days(nights).
Q.Why do you want to enter?
A.To find out what the fuck is in the heavily guarded building.
Q.What are your excuses usually for leaving the house?
A.It's a buzz to leave the house and "sneak" into the "unknown".
I would also be qurious about what's in there and what's going on in there? I would say go for it but be carefull, you have no idea what you'll find in there. Maby you should just study the outside. You can tell alot by looking at a building.
[This message has been edited by sybil (edited 08-07-2003).]
[This message has been edited by sybil (edited 08-07-2003).]
|
|
#95
 2003-08-08, 01:33
|
beanis64 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Where do you guys buy your masks because i have been searching for a nice one. I have one
but it is black and way too hot and scratchy.
|
|
#96
 2003-08-08, 02:02
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The only way for me to find out what's in there is to "sneak" into the compound, But i will gather more intel first.
I'll will infiltrate in two weeks time.
---------------------------------------------
You have the right to spy, steal, destroy and assassinate, to ensure that American freedoms are
protected. If captured, the U.S. government will disavow any knowledge of your existence.
You are Sam Fisher.
You are a Splinter Cell.
|
|
#97
 2003-08-08, 02:22
|
hebobbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sam Fisher - You are gonna get killed man..lol
|
|
#98
 2003-08-08, 03:04
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I agree with the "no airsoft gun" thing. I don't mean to be insulting either, but it would be very
stupid to carry one with you, for all the reasons the other poster mentioned. Besides, they serve
no purpose whatsoever, other than to scare the shit out of a guard and end up getting you shot
(don't discount the possibility that they're carrying concealed weapons, or can call for armed
backup). I know that sounds extreme, but take ZERO chance.
I do recommend bringing a sharp, reliable, black (or otherwise non-reflective, but preferably black ) knife with you, for pure utility purposes (by no means should you ever weild it as a weapon, even if you fuck up and get caught). One thing: Keep the knife somehow concealed! That way, again if you should be discovered, you're not spotted with a big damn knife on your ankle. Your goal is to get through unseen and unheard, and leave no traces, but you always have to have a contingency plan. If you're caught with an Airsoft gun and a Buck knife on your hip, you're either going to get arrested or shot. Just a few pointers. Hope that op is fun, but if it IS military (and you can confirm it), stay away from it
-Infrared
EDIT: Post #50. yeehaw.
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 08-08-2003).]
|
|
#99
 2003-08-08, 03:06
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by hebobbit:
Sam Fisher - You are gonna get killed man..lol
Why do you say that ?
|
|
#100
 2003-08-08, 03:27
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
I agree with the "no airsoft gun" thing. I don't mean to be insulting either, but it would be very stupid to carry one with you, for all the reasons the other poster mentioned. Besides, they serve no purpose whatsoever, other than to scare the shit out of a guard and end up getting you shot (don't discount the possibility that they're carrying concealed weapons, or can call for armed backup). I know that sounds extreme, but take ZERO chance.
I do recommend bringing a sharp, reliable, black (or otherwise non-reflective, but preferably black ) knife with you, for pure utility purposes (by no means should you ever weild it as a weapon, even if you fuck up and get caught). One thing: Keep the knife somehow concealed! That way, again if you should be discovered, you're not spotted with a big damn knife on your ankle. Your
goal is to get through unseen and unheard, and leave no traces, but you always have to have a contingency plan. If you're caught with an Airsoft gun and a Buck knife on your hip, you're either going to get arrested or shot. Just a few pointers. Hope that op is fun, but if it IS military (and you can confirm it), stay away from it
-Infrared
EDIT: Post #50. yeehaw. [This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 08-08-2003).]
There is no evidence to show that it is a military compound.
As for the MP5SD lets just say it's got a lot of pro's, but mostly con's i won't take it on this operation.
Another thing does anyone know if you were to spray bullets with teflon they'll go through armour ?
|
|
#101
 2003-08-08, 11:32
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
As for spraying bullets with teflon to make them go through armor: no.
Doing that will just lead to more barrel fouling. If you want your bullets to go through armor, look for at least steel-core ammo, and at best, true military AP ammo. If your gun is caliber . 308/7.62X51 or .223/5.56, surplus AP ammo can be found. Surplused rifle AP ammo is legal to own, but not handgun. IF you can even find AP handgun ammo, the stuff is highly illegal, so don't touch it. Also, I hope you don't plan on shooting any cops or anything http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
seriously. Last thing we need is another shooting. And the usual disclaimer: I'm only telling you about all this for information; etc, etc.
-Infrared
|
|
#102
 2003-08-08, 14:20
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
As for spraying bullets with teflon to make them go through armor: no.
Doing that will just lead to more barrel fouling. If you want your bullets to go through armor, look for at least steel-core ammo, and at best, true military AP ammo. If your gun is caliber . 308/7.62X51 or .223/5.56, surplus AP ammo can be found. Surplused rifle AP ammo is legal to own, but not handgun. IF you can even find AP handgun ammo, the stuff is highly illegal, so don't touch it. Also, I hope you don't plan on shooting any cops or anything http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
seriously. Last thing we need is another shooting. And the usual disclaimer: I'm only telling you about all this for information; etc, etc.
-Infrared
I was just curious as i seen it a film called "ronin"(shit hot film may i add).
As for shooting cops, no way there are better pleasures in life.
I do not own any form of fire arm apart from my airsoft, nor would i go and buy a fire arm.
And that guy wanting to know how to smuggle a knife through airport security, what the fuck !!! WHY ??? O.K it might be innocent
|
|
#103
 2003-08-10, 03:44
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The mountain op was executed. An outline:
The plan was changed to where, instead of inserting in the day and camping until dark, we would just insert in the dark, at the time I wanted to begin. My accomplice dropped me off at what would later be the extraction point, and I hiked my way in. I ran into no problems, other than a steep hill that I couldn't get up, so I had to swing around it (it cost me all 0f 5 minutes). I was in position, maybe 400 yards from the cabin, so I laid down in a covered position and I scanned, with both night vision and normal binocs, for a good 30 minutes. I checked, checked, and checked again for any patrol, any movement, any activity whatsoever. There was one person inside the cabin, but he didn't look like a guard, so I concluded he was just the closing employee. I waited, and after about 8 minutes, he came out, and I watched him walk to the ski lift and take it down. Just a note; there is a ski lift on the other side of the mountain which leads from a big parking lot up to the cabin and restaurant. it's of course closed to everyone else during the night, just like the rest of the park, but the employees take it down at the end of the day. That's what he did
So I made sure no one else was around, and snuck over in the darkest shadows I could find and got my back up against the cabin's wall, and made my way slowly to the now-dark front entrance and picked that lock as fast as I could. It took me about 40 seconds, maybe. I got in, locked the door behind me, crouched down and looked out back behind me with the night vision, to make sure no one saw me. Nobody way
inside the cabin, there was a panel of light switches, covered by one of those locked, clear-plastic type things to keep people from fucking with the switches during the day. I could have picked it and turn the lights on, but I wouldn't have dared. Instead, I made my way systematically through the cabin, very tempted to swipe some of the overpriced tourist merch, but I didn't dare. I had a look around in the snack bar's kitchen; nothing interesting there, just filthy grease traps. I won't be eating there, ever.
I finished my exploring, and then I took my SRK and carved a single, deep line in the wood on the wall; not very obvious, but if I'm ever up there again, I'll see that and remember the incursion.
When I was done, I made my way out the employee exit (it auto-locks, so I was glad I didn't have to LOCK it with the picks). This exit faced the direction I needed to head, so first I crouched down and did more NV recon; no one around. I then left, and hoofed it at a rather good pace through the forest (I would still stop every so often and recon, just in case there WAS a patrol I somehow missed, and perhaps any deadly wildlife). I made it back to the extraction point, only to find my FUCKING accomplice wasn't there. I waited for about 3 minutes and suddenly he speeds up, but I was still pissed at him, because it was a bit of a wrench in the machine. As I was getting into the car, I heard a siren off in the distance (WAY in the distance), and I was suddenly scared, wondering if perhaps there was some silent alarm or something that I tripped. Nothing ever came of that, we just made it out of there with no fuss, no traffic, nothing. It was a successful op, although I wished there was more to do in the cabin (besides swipe things). It's not much more interesting a place at night, lol.
So there. Operation a success, because fun was still had, and my ass wasn't arrested.
-Infrared
DISCLAIMER TO OFFICIAL ENTITIES: This story is fictitious; none of these events actually took place, nor is this an expression, threat, or implication that they ever will.
|
|
#104
 2003-08-10, 03:58
|
Nifareus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I too have been sneakin out at night. It's good to see other "nighttime explorers" on totse. Well
where to start oh yes...Me and another friend are planning on infiltration a neighbors house..i
know i shouldn't go into a neighbors house because it's too close but i have to do it. It's weird
three neighbors of mine have fucked my life over they vandalize and break into my house
whenever i am out of town and i am sick of it. Well i am going to do it but i need a way to either
knock out the power or knock out the flood lights they have in front of their house(BB gun??). Any
suggestions? By the way i am going to try to retrieve some stolen goods they took from me....that
is why i am doing it my grandpa gave me a civil war musket and it's seriously pissin me off that
they stole it...I might even have to go into all the houses on the same night any suggestions?
thanx guys
|
|
#105
 2003-08-10, 04:29
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nifareus:
I too have been sneakin out at night. It's good to see other "nighttime explorers" on totse. Well where to start oh yes...Me and another friend are planning on infiltration a neighbors house..i know i shouldn't go into a neighbors house because it's too close but i have to do it. It's weird three neighbors of mine have fucked my life over they vandalize and break into my house whenever i am out of town and i am sick of it. Well i am going to do it but i need a way to either knock out the power or knock out the flood lights they have in front of their house(BB gun??). Any suggestions? By the way i am going to try to retrieve some stolen goods they took from me....that is why i am doing it my grandpa gave me a civil war musket and it's seriously pissin me off that they stole it...I might even have to go into all the houses on the same night any suggestions? thanx guys Eh why don't you call the cops ?
|
|
#106
 2003-08-10, 04:32
|
Spam Man Sam All right 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I made a body stealth suit. Its basically some dark blue pants,with the extra material stapled out of the way so theres no swishing sound. The rubberboots are stapled to the cargo pants, same with knee pads. I have a dark blue turtle neck with some gloves(no fingerprints)
Now, would it be worth shelling out about 300 dollars for some NVG's that go on the head? Or what about thermal goggles, how much do they cost?
|
|
#107
 2003-08-10, 05:51
|
girlzlover7 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
a couple weeks ago me my girlfriend and a couple other friends got drunk in my backyard me and
my girlfriend decided to go for a "walk" actually we just wanted a place where we can be alone so
we go to the developement pool and climb over their 8ft fence strip down naked and go in the
pool the one side of the pool has these 2 bench like things built into the wall that are about 5-8
foot each anyway we sat on those submerged up to our shoulders and chilled there for a bit then
we start kissing and shit and then we fucked this was only the second time I fucked her so it was
an amazing experience she is on birth control so Im not worried about her being pregnant and we
both lost our virginity to each other so Im not to worried about stds all in all it was a great night. my equptment list consisted off absolutely nothing not even clothes lol
then a couple weeks later 2 of my friends got arrested for underage drinking at the playground right next to the pool 2 in the morning but thats not really an exploring mission.
|
|
#108
 2003-08-10, 07:56
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
First off: A pair of night vision goggles, even some of the lowest-end types, are usually at least
$500. Anything under that I actually wouldn't recommend, because it's bound to be damaged
somehow, or made with inferior parts. Also, try to stay away from used NV gear if you can't
inspect it first: Sometimes you may get a deal, but other times, you may get a piece that some
idiot decided to expose to bright light, thus permanently damaging the picture. If you can test
them out in the dark first, do it, but by no means should you buy used NV's (or for that matter,
used just about anything) sight-unseen. As for thermals: One, in all my searching, I have never
found a pair of <i>goggles</i> that we as civvies can own. Two, the thermal imaging
gear I did find, which is more akin to a handheld video camera, was, oh, $17,000. If I had the
money, I would do it, lol.
As for the guy who's thinking of taking back his stuff: Do it, on a night when they're gone, and what I recommend is learning to pick locks. Do that, so that way you can gain entry in total silence, instead of having to throw a brick through a window. What you should also make a point of doing is stealing some other items, in addition to what is yours. If you only take the things that were yours, they'll immediately finger you. It'd be funny to see them call the cops though: "Yeah, this dude robbed my house..I know it was him because all he took were his items; the ones I stole from him before!"
That, and besides, get back at the fucker and take something he will miss too. It serves him right. Whatever you do, watch your ass - both out in the field and in the pre- and post-op stages. Plan everything out. Leave no fingerprints, no traces, no footprints, nothing. That brings to mind one little thing: If you anticipate finding yourself in a situation where you MUST leave tracks, cover the bottom of your boots (you'd better be using boots. lol) with duct tape (And wear latex gloves while handling the tape). Footprints are a bad thing, but should they be discovered, they can't trace them.
Good luck to all my fellow operatives out there.
-Infrared
|
|
#109
 2003-08-10, 12:50
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
>El Bumpo<
Just as a side note to this mostly-bump post, there's another house that's been emptied and is now for sale on this block. I'll be exploring it soon - I wonder if I'll find any strange pairs of panties on the bedroom floor? lol
-Infrared
|
|
#110
 2003-08-10, 12:59
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
That guy who wants to get his stuff back of those fuckheads:
don't do it when theyre home. easiest way to get a load of buckshot up yer arse. When you are there, break EVERYTHING. they wont have insurance being poor stealing cunts. then make sure they cant break in again, OR make it look like you have gone out, but havnt, and shoot them when they come in ur house. its legal. make sure u kill the swine. stealing a present of ur grandad is low.
mission i did last night: went into neighbours yard, took all their toys and arranged them into the word 'hi'. it was really cool, considering we are very close to our neighbours and they talked about it for ages and were like scared lol.
|
|
#111
 2003-08-11, 06:47
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hah, that's a good one. I'd almost do that, but then again, it leaves signs of infiltration (duh). My
neighbor has lots of lawn gnomes..maybe I should liberate them?
-Infrared
>El Bumpo<
|
|
#112
 2003-08-11, 07:55
|
Majestic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
what do you think about night vision, is a cheap ($150 or less) monocular scope worth it? or
better spent on something else...
|
|
#113
 2003-08-11, 08:48
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Majestic:
what do you think about night vision, is a cheap ($150 or less) monocular scope worth it? or better spent on something else... They're a good, cheap way to see in the dark. Just don't expect perfection from them. They will let you see well enough in the dark, but some things will still remain too dark to see (such as darker corners that are further away, etc). I use one with 2.5X magnification on my ops, though I plan to buy some goggles eventually
-Infrared
|
|
#114
 2003-08-11, 13:21
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
heres basically what i take on a mission
*i wear commercial (hunting) camo clothing, its better than army stuff
*slr bayonet
*army boots
if its a mission far away, i take webbing and water and those army bags full of useful stuff.
btw yes i know i am a try hard rambo lol
|
|
#115
 2003-08-12, 06:59
|
canadiananarchyinjapan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Tonight I'm going to recce a compound of about 1 square kilometer that is fenced in.
I'm taking with me:
*All dark blue/grey clothes
*Running gloves (very thin)
*Leatherman ripoff and swiss army knife
*Binos (x10)
And just for shits and giggles I'm bringing 20 explosive balls that ignite under pressure to put in a parking lot inside the compound. They are hard to see and when a car drives over it it creates a small flash and a large noise.
|
|
#116
 2003-08-12, 16:07
|
canadiananarchyinjapan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just got back from the op and it went off without a hitch. It was 11pm and raining moderately. I
climbed over a back gate that offered the most cover from roads/houses and quickly found the
only footpath that led around the back of the building unfortunatly it was only 3 meters from the
fence that blocked off the road.
I took a small detour and found a path that led between two buildings and was very dark and led to a ladder up to the roof of one of the buildings. I crawled up and had to creep under a large air vent to get to the greater part of the roof and I stayed there for one or two minutes peering into rooms in other buildings in the compound.
I climbed back down and continued along the main path around the back of the building and just as I turned around the corner to get to the main area in the compound three women walked along the road adjacent to the compound and were within 30 feet of me. Since I was walking stealthily the whole time they never saw/heard me and as soon as I saw the I froze and crouched. After they passed I continued on to the main part of the compound.
The main part is maybe 150ft by 150ft of field surrounded by classrooms. I walked around the whole field whilst hugging the walls that surrounded it. I spotted a stairwell that led onto the roof that connected most of the buildings. I climbed up the stairwell and before I was one story high I encountered a gate, fortunatly, it was not locked and the bolt could slide back silently.
I got to the roof and hopped a fence (locked this time) to gain access to a large tower with gas lines and airvents coming out of it and what looked like a large breaker box nearby. I climbed the tower and used my binos to look around the compound.
I got back to ground level and made my way towards the pools. There was a large olympic pool and a small wading pool. I had to hop another fence to get into the pool area. Once I was next to the pools a car came by on the adjacent road and I hid behind the 5 foot wall until it passed. I got out of the pool area and back into the field area and hopped out a different entrance than the one I came in.
Disclaimer: This is fiction and never happened nor will it ever.
|
|
#117
 2003-08-14, 00:09
|
DeerHunterUSMC 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sup everyone, I'm new to the thread but not to the topic at hand. Just made a guillie suit at home,
and its incredible. Needed one for trainning and didnt want to spend the cash so heres what I
did...
Needs:
1 set of broken-in cammie BDU's
2 green sea bags
2 - 3 burlap bags
1 Hot glue gun w/ glue sticks
1 sewing kit
1 boonie cover
Steps:
1) Cut strips off of green sea bag to cover from 6 inches above to 6 inces below knees and elbows of BDU's.
2) Cover one side of strips with hot glue and place over knee and elbow parts of uniform
3) Rip off lower pockets on BDU blouse, and place them on the biceps (slanted) of the uniform using hot glue and sewing kit. The reason for this is, while in the prone, easier to reach food, ammo, ect.
4) Take 2 large peices of sea bag and place over the torso of BDU blouse (where other pockets were). (these areas are high wear and tear, thus requiring more protection.)
5) Rip the rest of the sea bag and the burlap bags into strips ranging from 1/2 - 2 inches wide and from 3 - 12 inches long and glue/sew as pleased among the entire outfit. Remember, there are no straight lines in nature so thats what your trying to break up.
6) Take the boonie cover and do the same with the burlap and sea bag strips, making your head apear as a mound proturding from the edges of your shoulders.
7) let everything dry and add more glue/burlap/sea bag as you feel neccessary.
8) Get DIRTY! Make it nasty, drag it in the dirt, stuff it all into a garbage can full of dirty water and let sit for a week or so. Pull out and let dry in the sun.
I added straps so that it rolls up and clips to the back of my LBV.
Now I know if you get compromised, then your gonna have alot of explaining to do, being a walking bush and all, but just do what I do... Don't get yourself into a compromising situation, and sure as hell dont go wearing one in an urban environment (yea, no shit).
With the recipe above, I've been 3 feet from people who were LOOKING for me, and they walked right along. If you continually train with a guillie (and it does take trainning, cause its hot as F*#@! and bulky), you'd be shocked at the intel you can gather.
Also thinking of doing one with all black fabrics and BDU's... Any input on that idea. Any military bubbas frequent this thread?
DeerHunterUSMC
|
|
#118
 2003-08-14, 02:35
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I done some research on the compound that i'm going to infiltrate and guess what... ?
It used to be a paper mill, "BUT" closed down four years ago and no one is supposed to be there ???
So what the fuck ???
I'm going to set up a OP inside the compound and i'll make ghillie suit (thanks to DeerHunterUSMC for the briliant instructions) and basicaly lie there for seven days straight and find out what it really is used for.
(oh yeah what the fuck is "sea bag")
You have the right to spy, steal, destroy and assassinate, to ensure that American freedoms are protected. If captured, the U.S. government will disavow any knowledge of your existence.
You are Sam Fisher.
You are a Splinter Cell.
|
|
#119
 2003-08-14, 02:58
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Eum how did you find out that it used to be a old paper mill? Anyways this plot keeps ketting better and better. Keep us up to date. When are you going in?
|
|
#120
 2003-08-14, 03:07
|
DeerHunterUSMC 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
(oh yeah what the fuck is "sea bag")
A Sea Bag is a military issued duffle bag, but its huge and very durable. They have em at cheaperthandirt.com for the best prices. Heres the link:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1603&sku=WX %2D122&imgid=&msc ssid=NFG5M816JSXM9LGK4TCUL4HVJD2C1077
I found 2 are neccessary to get the job done. Remember to take into consideration the surroundings you will be in before making your suit (i.e. red clay, trees, leaves). Get creative, this is your baby.
|
|
#121
 2003-08-14, 03:16
|
DeerHunterUSMC 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sam Fisher:
[b]I done some research on the compound that i'm going to infiltrate and guess what... ?
It used to be a paper mill, "BUT" closed down four years ago and no one is supposed to be there ???
So what the fuck ???
B]
Another thing you might want to consider. Where does the garbage go from this compound. If you can get access to their garbage, youd be shocked at how much you could discover about this place. Everything from what kinda of food the people eat (do they care about themeselves or not? ) to mail and waste materials (whatever theyre doing there). You don't neccessarily have to go jump in their dumpster if its hard to access, but find out where they dump it and go to work. Just a thought......
|
|
#122
 2003-08-14, 04:39
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
How did i find out it used to be a paper mill ?
I asked an old man walking his dog near the compound and he replied that he used to work there ten years ago as a mill worker, i asked what it was now and he replied with a "don't have a clue son" so i done a little research on the net and at my local library.
I will be going in next week.
I have a duffel bag, i just never knew it was called a sea bag, You mentiond red clay ?
You mean that you can make a ghille suit for red clay ?
I will look for the trash when i'm there, i would of never thought of going through the trash, thanks for that one.
See it's the little advice, no matter how trivial that makes ops interesting, got anymore advice ???
|
|
#123
 2003-08-14, 08:09
|
DeerHunterUSMC 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sam Fisher:
How did i find out it used to be a paper mill ?
I asked an old man walking his dog near the compound and he replied that he used to work there ten years ago as a mill worker, i asked what it was now and he replied with a "don't have a clue son" so i done a little research on the net and at my local library.
I will be going in next week.
I have a duffel bag, i just never knew it was called a sea bag, You mentiond red clay ?
You mean that you can make a ghille suit for red clay ?
I will look for the trash when i'm there, i would of never thought of going through the trash, thanks for that one.
See it's the little advice, no matter how trivial that makes ops interesting, got anymore advice ??? Well, a sea bag isnt just any duffle bag, its really thick heavy duty material, and its tightly woven. Make sure its the military issue or at least a mimic of that one.
If your gonna be in red clay, Id probably cake one of the burlap bags in red clay for a few days and then just smear it around, but thats up to you, I've never had to go there.
If I was to be trying to find information on a place like this, Id be looking for phone lines. Call directory services and ask for the old paper mill, if they start getting curious, I'd say "I forgot the name, but my dad works there and its a family emergency, my mom just went into labor". Its called social engineering. Go get "The Art of Deception" By Kevin Mitnick, it covers all the angles and is a great read.
Also, you might wanna scan the newspaper on microfilm at your local library covering the years since it was shut down, there could be little articles partially explaining who came into ownership of the plant and whatnot.
Like I said, use your imagination, you have more resources out there than youd beleive.
Just remember, no company is 100% secure, because every company has one thing. Employees, and it is only human to error, thus theres the doorway to whatever you want to know.
DeerHunterUSMC
|
|
#124
 2003-08-14, 09:01
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The mill's phones have obviously been cut a long time ago, and havn't been back up since, I've asked people what the compound is and no one knows ?
I have spent four days in the library opening to closing, 48 hours straight on the net and i havn't came up with the info i didn't know already, the paper company that owned the compound have dissapeared (the guy died with no kids to take over and he didn't want some other punk to take over the long line of family business (Weird i know)look back to see the other info on the compound, I thought about following the trucks to see where they go but i don't have a car, and i can't ask my mate because no one knows i do this infiltrating, not even my closest family so shhhh and don't tell them !!!
And for another thought i will be taking my MP5SD with me for some serious protection, I'll have my SLR bayonet but i don't plan to get that close if i'm found especially when no one will know i'm there.
I'm gonna give myself an extra weeks planning starting with some arieal photographs "but" that give's me another stealthy op, since i have no aeroplane or the money to buy or rent i will have to climb up on top of a government building (the tallest building for a mile around) it's easy enough to climb half way up but there on will be a what's the word for it ? hazordous yeah that sounds right, there's cameras all over the building but none are facing the way i plan to go up, i will take five films of photographs then to make it a little bit exciting i will abseil down, yes that'll get the adrenaline pumping hahahaha
Or i could just infiltrate the airfield and get a big ass 'chute and glide in off the government building into the compound but that is just too "mission impossible" for me
ANY TIPS ???
I'M GONNA NEED 'EM !!!
|
|
#125
 2003-08-14, 12:07
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If it's an open truck you maby could try to jump into the truck and get into the mill like that?
Tip: don't forget to take nodice about your footprints. In a plowed feeld it sticks right out. So watch your foot placement.
I suggest you write down every tip you find in this 6 page tread. It sounds like you're gonna need them all.
|
|
#126
 2003-08-14, 14:02
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
They're not open trucks, unfortunetly.
As for keeping a note i've made a little "file" it's basicly all the posts that i've made with the replies, and various other "bits and bobs" like photographs and detailed maps which i have made.
As for not leaving footprints in the ploughed field i was thinking (THIS MAY SOUND REALLY STUPID) of using miniture home-made stilts(WELL I DID WARN YOU).
Is that a fucked up idea or what, my excuse is that i havn't slept in like two days,I can't sleep i'm so excited it's like waking up on christmas day when you were like six
|
|
#127
 2003-08-14, 14:50
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Those stilts is a stupid Idea. You would have to walk completly standing up and they would spot you from a mile away. I suggest you crawel tru the plowed feeld. they you can divide your weight over a surface and it shouldn't leave to much of a print
|
|
#128
 2003-08-14, 15:58
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by sybil:
Those stilts is a stupid Idea. You would have to walk completly standing up and they would spot you from a mile away. I suggest you crawel tru the plowed feeld. they you can divide your weight over a surface and it shouldn't leave to much of a print "MINITURE STILTS" Like 3 feet high, I'm fast as fuck on stilts.
I want to leave no trace at all, a single footprint and i'm in the shit with the cops or even the government !!!
|
|
#129
 2003-08-14, 18:03
|
Slithzerikai 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Sam Fisher:
What The Fuck ??? I meant, it Flour City Mills the place you're going after?
|
|
#130
 2003-08-14, 18:08
|
Slithzerikai 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sam-- can you email me with the place you're going for? Dad's an engineer, he might be able to get bluepints of the place.
|
|
#131
 2003-08-14, 22:56
|
Nifareus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
For aireal photographs of the place go to
http://www.terraserverusa.com/
then go advanced find since you don't have a car i am assuming that it is near you. Type in your zip code and everything and it'll take you to your house. Then navigate through the map to find the compound. Print em out and everything perfect for maps.
|
|
#132
 2003-08-14, 23:17
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
for all you people that want to discreetly get some lockpicks and an idea about how to use them check this site out "httpwww.lysator.liu.semit-guidemit-guide.html" also, for the dude trying to cross the plowed field, how big is it? if it is to big then you will probably get caught while crossing it, but if it is small then you might try and bring a garden spade with you to cover your tracks. or even better, go across during a rainstorm so your tracks will be erased, if you think you can afford being muddy. good luck, and dont die.
|
|
#133
 2003-08-15, 00:01
|
Capt Cataclysm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
ANY TIPS ???
I'M GONNA NEED 'EM !!![/b] If it looks abandoned it probably is. Look for broken windows, notices of water termination, lack of lights, tagging, and overgrown plants.
Look for how a car would normally access the compound. Does it look used (tire tracks etc)? Find out how where and how the owners get in. Does it look used (brand spanking new lock, foot prints)? Try obstructing the entrance with an old tire or similarly annoying item. If it stays put abandonment is highly probable.
How qualified is the security (some hire off duty cops, others hire overweight high school drop outs)? Are they armed (telescoping batons, stun guns, mace, firearms)? Is the area "sensitive" and are you likely to have police show up? What is their response time? Some UE groups keep dossiers on their city's security firms so check with them.
What luck, I am also thinking about a paper mill mission...
Security consists of an older overweight women and a deaf man employed by an inept security firm. (the name of the company is security spelled in ebonics, i kid you not).
|
|
#134
 2003-08-16, 00:40
|
capn A 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
As I hear a small *bump* in the background
I must thank you for the UE/security company info
helped lots.
|
|
#135
 2003-08-16, 02:48
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
(Things that go bump in the night)
Wow, after the Crest op, I'm a little short on ideas. There's no abandoned buildings or old paper mills to explore here; I could use some ideas. I did enter that other for-sale house I mentioned before, but nothing whatsoever happened. Sneak sneak, pick pick, explore explore, bored bored. NOTHING whatsoever in the house, they cleaned that one out good.
Man, I wish I was out East right now, where all the power's out. Forget looting; I could have a lot of fun doing any number of ops in complete darkness (albeit with a heavy cop presence, but that's what stealth is for).
I could use some ideas, bad. I need to do a little more (and different)recon; as in, look up on the internet and otherwise any abandoned areas, or perhaps looks for sewer maps, who knows. There are a lot of business complexes I could sneak into, but those will take a lot of planning, due to security, cameras, and who knows what else.
-Infrared
|
|
#136
 2003-08-16, 05:01
|
capn A 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Why not up the danger level? Go to a non guarded compound but where there would be people roaming like 24/7. And then get in without leaving a trace?
Or sneak into a supermarket/mall and claim you where there over night.
Why not stay at a friends and break into your parents place (Assuming that you live at home.)
Yeah that last one was weak.
[This message has been edited by capn A (edited 08-16-2003).]
|
|
#137
 2003-08-16, 07:35
|
Sco-leX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infrared if you are really bored and depending on were you live, such as you whent every were on ops. i suggest you go and stay with a reliative. that is what i did. all you do is claim that you have been having some pretty bad insomnia and taking walks outside helps you get to sleep. i have done this loads of times. like i whent to my grandmas, she lives in seattle, so i was able to sneak into office complexs. over were i live is an industrial complex that is just 250 yards from were i live. and lately i have been bored over here so i think im going to go to my aunts house in portland this weekend. any recamendations.
|
|
#138
 2003-08-16, 08:41
|
Majestic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I've got this headlamp with a "night vision" setting that runs two leds. Basically, I'm wondering
does the red light help escape detection really? Right now I'm just thinking its not as obvious as
white light. Maybe joe civilian would think "who the fuck would walk around with 2 red led's on a
headlamp?" or something like that.
I've got some houses being constructed near me, any considerations for possible (night) infiltration? Do they usually lock doors and windows or leave a security detail? Lots of dumbass kids would probably go in and break windows and everything, so I'm thinking cops might be generally on the lookout.
|
|
#139
 2003-08-16, 12:03
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Majestic:
I've got this headlamp with a "night vision" setting that runs two leds. Basically, I'm wondering does the red light help escape detection really? Right now I'm just thinking its not as obvious as white light. Maybe joe civilian would think "who the fuck would walk around with 2 red led's on a headlamp?" or something like that.
I've got some houses being constructed near me, any considerations for possible (night) infiltration? Do they usually lock doors and windows or leave a security detail? Lots of dumbass kids would probably go in and break windows and everything, so I'm thinking cops might be generally on the lookout. As for the headlamp; the red LEDs ARE visible, although less than white (as you said). What's meant by night vision in this case has to do with the fact that red light helps preserve your own natural night vision. You can see by it, and if you need to shut it off quickly, you aren't blind while you wait for your pupils to adjust to the darkness. It's good if you need to quickly read a map or something of the like, but don't leave it constantly on; somebody will spot you.
As for unfinished homes - that depends, do they even have doors/windows yet, or are they still in the wooden-frame stage? do some recon - get a good pair of binocs and find a neutral spot (somewhere offsite that's perfectly legal for you to be), dig in just a bit so Mr. Casual Observer doesn't see you somehow, and look. Watch for a good while, and come back several times, at different times. Most likely, the PD is too busy to watch those places that closely, but better safe than sorry. Your next step is to do forward recon - actually sneak over there and have a look around. Note whether or not there are doors and windows, and where they are, and if any doors even have knobs/locks yet (sometimes they don't). Then plan your mission accordingly (And tell us about it!)
-Infrared
|
|
#140
 2003-08-16, 21:44
|
Majestic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thanks for clarification on the red led's, that mode should come in handy (not bad for $12).
Preliminary recon on the houses shows varying stages of construction, some only framed, some with windows and doors. Not much as far as night time obstacles, except the occasional car
curiously passing through. I'm not of the lock picking variety, so I'll just pass by the more finished houses and get in what I can. I'll post back when and if this op is completed with any success.
|
|
#141
 2003-08-17, 02:51
|
Viper229 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Hi, new poster. I've been lurking for several months now, so I thought I'd finally post. The usual "about me" shit:
Male, from New Mexico
I love: firearms; collecting, shooting, and modifying them. I also love MTV's Jackass (because I am a Jackass, I know), and video games, the usual shit.
I hate: wanna-be "individuals" (dressing and acting like everyone else is real fucking individual, ain't it), stupid people, and just about any seafood. I'd list more things I hate, but I don't need to make this any longer.
Turn-ons include Italian women (and allllll they can do), turn-offs include (of course) fat women (I mean FAT - I can handle a few extra pounds. Just a little plushiness is never a bad thing. Moderation, moderation.), all men, and poor hygiene, bad teeth, etc, etc.
Ok, enough about me, I bet you all hate me already :P
As for "Nighttime Ops"; Lately what I've been doing is going outside in the dead of night, clad in dark blue BDU pants and a long-sleeved T-type shirt, same color, and my Magnum Stealth boots. I steal quietly across the yard, and slip over the wall, into whichever neighbor's yard I feel like exploring at the moment. I'll go into garage doors and even go in the house, if opportunity provides. I know it's EXTREMELY stupid, and I expect to get shot someday, but that's beside the point. I don't even steal or disturb anything. Why the hell not, you say? My goal is to infiltrate, and leave no traces. No footprints in the yard, no busted locks, etc. I have a lot of fun, basically, believe it or not, even though I don't do much. Sometimes I'll go into a neighbor's yard, then hop the wall into THEIR neighbor's yard, etc. There's a thrill in exploring the unexplored yards, etc. I plan to expand these ops into business-type complexes around here, the mall, etc. I can also pick locks; I taught myself after buying a good set of picks.
So yeah, those are my (rather pathetic) nighttime ops. I'd love to have a silenced pistol to shoot any dogs with, but like I said, I don't want to leave any traces whatsoever; it's kind of hard to fail to notice a dead dog with three .45 bullet holes in it's chest.
Hmm, I'm done now, comments, flames, etc; welcome. Love the site, and the forums.
-Infrared
PS: To the user "Inphrared" (I think): I didn't intend to rip off your handle, I made this one before I knew you even existed Somebody plays a little too much "splinter-cell" on xbox. You think your cool "lurking" you go into a garage or yard is one thing. But I find it highly unlikely u go into homes. Your stupid ass will get shot.
anyways....
No matter how much intelligence, stealth, technology and abilities you have. Perfect infiltration is still dangerous. You dont infiltrate a random property. You need to watch the property to find a good infiltration time. You need to find the proper way of stealthy entrance. You need the propter
tools to bypass security such as dogs inside or outside, you need to watch for electronic devices and and locks. You need to be aware of whos may be watching you from other houses. You need to plan multiple exits. Sqeak sounds on floors inside, again dogs inside barking at you. Security systems, people still inside. Someone waiting for you with a gun. Police on the way if the neighbors call. Silent alarms, and much more.
|
|
#142
 2003-08-17, 02:56
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah that is also something I've been wondering about? when reading tru this tread I nodice that a lot op people get tru with only a lockpicking kit? I mean in Belgium there isn't almost a house left without an alarm system.
|
|
#143
 2003-08-17, 03:14
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Viper229:
Somebody plays a little too much "splinter-cell" on xbox. You think your cool "lurking" you go into a garage or yard is one thing. But I find it highly unlikely u go into homes. Your stupid ass will get shot.
anyways....
No matter how much intelligence, stealth, technology and abilities you have. Perfect infiltration is still dangerous. You dont infiltrate a random property. You need to watch the property to find a good infiltration time. You need to find the proper way of stealthy entrance. You need the propter tools to bypass security such as dogs inside or outside, you need to watch for electronic devices and and locks. You need to be aware of whos may be watching you from other houses. You need to plan multiple exits. Sqeak sounds on floors inside, again dogs inside barking at you. Security systems, people still inside. Someone waiting for you with a gun. Police on the way if the neighbors call. Silent alarms, and much more.
You know, this might have gotten under my skin, but it's obvious you haven't taken the time to read all the posts here before flaming me like a whiny little malcontent. Go read the posts; read about how meticulous and careful I and other posters are with matters such as security systems and tactics. Then 'u' can suck my dick.
Idiot.
-Infrared
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 08-17-2003).]
|
|
#144
 2003-08-17, 03:34
|
Majestic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Viper229:
Somebody plays a little too much "splinter-cell" on xbox. You think your cool "lurking" you go into a garage or yard is one thing. But I find it highly unlikely u go into homes. Your stupid ass will get shot.
anyways....
No matter how much intelligence, stealth, technology and abilities you have. Perfect infiltration is still dangerous. You dont infiltrate a random property. You need to watch the property to find a good infiltration time. You need to find the proper way of stealthy entrance. You need the propter tools to bypass security such as dogs inside or outside, you need to watch for electronic devices and and locks. You need to be aware of whos may be watching you from other houses. You need to plan multiple exits. Sqeak sounds on floors inside, again dogs inside barking at you. Security systems, people still inside. Someone waiting for you with a gun. Police on the way if the neighbors call. Silent alarms, and much more.
Although I think some of these people have been playing a bit much splinter cell, *cough* Sam Fisher, if you search on the web, you'll find a large underground community devoted to what we're talking about here, though nobody has stated it straight out. Basically, we're talking about urban exploration, which doesn't usually involve going into inhabited houses, or other well guarded areas. It is about going into interesting buildings and areas where the "general public" isn't allowed. The unwritten law is to "Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints". Yes, it is dangerous at times, and cops are one of many obstacles. But, as humans are curious creatures, I see nothing wrong in exercising that curiousity in such a constructive manner. We do not wonder whats in the abandoned building, storm sewer, or over the next wall, we find out. Perhaps you lack the courage or exploratory spirit to comprehend such a haphazard, if harmless activity, but we posses these characteristics. To so easily dismiss what you so obviously know nothing about is a true sign of ignorance, attacking what you do not understand.
Proper recon and infiltration procedures are followed, as such knowledge can be acquired through various released army and special forces handbooks. Proper equipment is used, to ensure the safety of the operator and keep general civilians like yourself from recognizing what you obviously do not believe even exists. This is all the better for us, and if you do see someone, call the police, they are a risk to themselves if they have not disapeared by the time they arrive, suspiciously at your door.
-Cheers
Majestic
|
|
#145
 2003-08-17, 05:39
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Tool rocks. But I don't think that has much to do with ops http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
well, kind of. "There's a shadow just behind me" is relevant. Bah, I'm a little drunk myself
-Infrared
|
|
#146
 2003-08-17, 13:17
|
Nonexistant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Im not new to this board but I am new to being registered.
For me nighttime operations is a hassle but still worth the enjoyment. Some houses have a small ledge that goes under the windows that is really useful for escaping a second story window and stepping onto a deck railing. In case your wondering I don't enter others homes but instead leave through my window.
Gates are one of the worst obstacles you can encounter in rural ops(in my opionion) They squeak, creak, and snap. My suggestion for climbing them is to move slowly with your weight
distributed more on the higher leg than the lower. Also when moving try to move smoothly and at a steady rate. Otherwise the gate will start rocking back and forth making lots of snaps and creaks.
Wooden fences climb at the corners especially if the fence is smooth on each side. This also applies to gates with smooth sides. If the gate or fence is too high then get a long piece of webbing(tubing, whichever) tie a slipknot type knot to make a loop(this loop will go around a support post on the fence or gate) then tie other smaller loops that your footwear will fit into(dont make the loops too small)When out on an op place the slipknot around the fence post pull it tight, then staying as close to the support(to minimize the noise) climb up like you would a ladder. The webbing should fairly long (it took me 10ft just to make a 3ft long ladder, but the kind of knots you tie also affects the length you will need)
For footwear I recommend Tabi. The split toe design creates many advantages when climbing fences and gates. When climbing chain-link fences these really come in handy because you can use two link areas for each foot. They also are thin and you can feel the ground with them. Feeling the ground with these allows you to detect twigs and other noise making objects before your body weights crushes them.
When sneaking around move with all of your body not just your legs and move fluidly. Also keep your knees bent, it distributes your body weight over the center of your feet instead of on the heels. When walking stealthily do not walk normally you first gently places down the front of your foot and then rolling back toward the heel while your other foot is moving up off the ground.
When moving be sure to look around you and not become engrossed in looking at your feet. When detecting obstacles do not trust your eyes. Trust your other sense more, there may be twigs, branches, dry leaves and other obstacles. You need to be able to feel the ground since your eyes will not be able to see well enough to dectect small noise inducing objects.
Also smell is something you need to pay attention to(although it is least thought of and probably the most rare where it helps)
Hearing is the largest sense you should pay attention to, you may here people walking down the street, animals rumaging through trash, or someone about to ambush you. Also although most people do not believe in a sixth sense you can detect others if they concentrate on you, or if you concentrate on them then they will detect your presence.
Also if think you have been seen or caught DO NOT PANICK for most likely the observer did not find your location. If you panick you are caught. When jumping from gates, fences, or other areas land on the the front third of your feet and stay still right after landing(unless you are running from someone)If possible do a roll instead of staying still especially if you had lots of horizontal movement.
When resting observe the area by moving your entire body slowly not just your head unless you are exposed to a significant amount of light.
When lights are on in a house and you can see through the windows, the resident or residents may not be able to see you because of a reflection of the inside off the glass preventing them from seeing out more than around 8ft, but enabling you too see clearly inside.
If you are wearing black distort your figure as much as possible and stay in the darker shadows. This should also be done with dark blue or other colors too minimize the possibilty of recognition further.
Take note it is better to be heard than seen. Do not chance being seen over being heard.
When infiltrating, absolute silence is not a must if you use distractions. Then quick and possibly audible movement can get you where you want to go.
A weapon and tool you can make is too tie a metal ring on a string. It can hurt very badly being struck on the head. And is useful for clearing thick cobwebs out of a path's way or for tying branches out of your way, or numerous other things.
Shuko and Ashiko items used in feudal Japan by Ninja's(no not the sterotype) These foot spikes and hand claws increase your climbing ability by a large factor. I have gone outside many times with the proper preperation and planning.
I go out my window from the second story, traverse along a thin track leading under the window to the deck. The porchlight is on. I step on the railing a stealthily walk down the stairs. I hide behind a bush near a car. Reconniasance proves no one is observering so i move across the stairs, triggering the brighter light-up feature of the porchlight. I'm crouched over a bush with my figure in a plant shape. I scan the surrounding area and see no one. Quickly I scrambled into the dark shadows over by the gate. I slowly place one tabi clad foot on the lower fence ledge and ease up to standing. The gate creaks and I freeze listening for signs of recognition.
I continue slowly over the gate. Once on top I reach one foot out to the supports of the dog house. I then use the brick wall behind me to traverse to the other side of the Doghouse. I gently step off and walk carefully through the growing plants to the second gate(leading into the backyard)
I climb the gate carefully scanning for signs of notice. I see a black figure in the neighbors grass peering back at me, it was a cat. I jump off the gate landing on the hard packed sand. I froze and listend. I heard stirring in a room in the house and then a dog bark. It was too risky, I used my rope ladder on a gate support and hopped the gate. On top of the second gate I had failed to notice the sound of a car, what i heard was the neighbors newspaper being delievered. I decided to sneak over and move the newspaper a small amount from its current location. I scurried through the light and through the closed in trees and bushes leading into the neighbors front yard. I moved slow and low to the ground to prevent the motion-detector driveway light from lighting. I catiously traversed along the truck trying to make no noise. I had to go around another vehicle to reach the newspaper which I moved about 5" from its original position.
I then stood up in plain sight from a panick. I ran back into my yard just when the motion-light came on and flooded the yard and street with light. I then crept back into the window too frightend to scan for people.
The story previous is true and none is fictional, also as far as i know it is legal. if the acts commited were illegal then the story was fictional.
If you have read this far, i do not say that you should use the previous techniques as a nonvariated guide. The techniques and ideas are just deep observations of enviroments and experiences.
I do know that some of these were repeats of what has alreadly been said, but if you read it again the more you learn.
Nonexistant...
They're behind you, They're in front when you back is turned, they lurk in the shadows making no noise, they are the creepers.
[This message has been edited by Nonexistant (edited 08-17-2003).]
|
|
#147
 2003-08-18, 13:10
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Welcome from Infrared too. If you didn't notice, this was my first post, I'm surprised to see it go on
so long.
I took an interest in all the people (including you) who mentioned tabi boots - I've always looked into them, but never just bought a pair, because I wasn't always sure of their purpose. Magnum Stealth boots are rugged and quiet, but you definitely have less feeling in your feet than you would with thin tabis, and they have no split toe, so you lack that climbing advantage. I'm going to order a pair soon, I think. I'm also still actively scouting for op locations - construction sites, buildings, other houses, etc. I have a few ideas in mind; one is a constuction site that's dead at night, with a large pipe with no apparent exit leading into the ground (it's horizontal, but tilted downward, and it has me curious, some recon is in order). Another is an office complex that's finished, but for whatever reason, remains unpopulated. It has some security though, so it will take some planning. I'll keep you all posted
-Infrared
Disclaimer: This is not an actual insinuation or threat that any of these activities have taken place, or will take place.
|
|
#148
 2003-08-19, 06:42
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Tonight is a seriously rainy, stormy night. When the lightning fades (I'm only waiting because I
don't want to get my ass struck) I'm going to do more sneaking around the neighborhood, further
away (where I haven't been yet). The rain is perfect - it makes a lot of noise when it's this hard, so
even though I'm completely silent when it isn't, I have a little leeway if I need to quickly move to
cover or something. I'm going to gear up and head out now - I'll post back in a few hours
-Infrared, an opportunist
|
|
#149
 2003-08-19, 12:09
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This op was different, because it was the first I've done in the pouring rain. I couldn't go into any
houses because I would doubtless leave wet footprints or other signs of infiltration somewhere,
but I had a good look around the rest of the neighborhood. Nothing that interesting, although now
I perhaps have some new houses to try out on a drier night. Lucky me, my four surrounding
neighbors all have loud, annoying dogs. Those other neighbors don't, for some reason. Makes
operations easier.
-Infrared
disclaimer: This is a work of pure fiction; this is no threat or implication that anything discussed about has taken place or ever will.
|
|
#150
 2003-08-19, 14:30
|
Assassin No.42 Hey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm not new to Night Ops but i'm quite new to this board..
What does BDU stand for?
I usually wear a dark blue turtle neck and matching pants... but i've never heard of "BDUs"..
Thanks
-I'm a heartless assassin so don't mess with me!
|
|
#151
 2003-08-20, 02:22
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Assassin No.42:
Hey everyone!
I'm not new to Night Ops but i'm quite new to this board..
What does BDU stand for?
I usually wear a dark blue turtle neck and matching pants... but i've never heard of "BDUs"..
Thanks
-I'm a heartless assassin so don't mess with me! "BDU" is "Battle Dress Utility"; the exact same sorts of clothing you see US soldiers wearing in the news (if you're following). They come in desert camouflage (again, the troops wear them), normal camouflage, blue, black, etc. They have big pockets and are very rugged. Oh, and
welcome to totse -Infrared
|
|
#152
 2003-08-20, 03:04
|
Pilot guy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey, Im new to night ops and im new to this board. For a first time should i practice on my naibors
or should i go for the house being constructed before its finished. And does anyone know where i
could get a SRK knife in Canada?
|
|
#153
 2003-08-20, 10:47
|
Nonexistant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is for informational purposes only and the objects described curiously may not occur. I am not responsible for any misuse of the information.
Too bad there is no yearly gathering for people who like infiltration. Where there is a course set up that starts in a semi-urban area then moves on to rural areas then forest. The goal would be too not be seen by the spotters stationed in the course, if you were caught then you would be removed from the game until the next area.
There would have to be a point system or maybe not. There would have to be a time limit of say fifteen hours otherwise you lose points for that area or are disqualified.
Falling to the ground is very important especially if you need to do it fast and without pain. This comes in use when something comes into your view or hearing range and you need to go to the ground for cover. I will try and explain this technique but this is covered as Ukemi in Ninjutsu.
I you are crouching and you need to fall to the ground you extend one leg all the way and allow yourself to naturally roll backward(not doing a roll but kind of a rocking motion) After you start falling backward you need to keep your leg extended otherwise you may accidenly do a roll and hurt neck.
The same applies for standing except that you must bend one leg to lower yourself down at a quick pace as far as you can go and the you naturally rock backward and your on the ground.
Anyone here get extremely nervous when they go out on a recon or similar operation to the point that you forget to pay attention and create a lot of noise?
Also, Infrared, I think you should go with the office complex. Just scope out the place numerous times, learn the security gaurds habits(if there are any) If not and its just electronic security, I would suggest building jamming devices but I'm not sure if they actually work.
Nonexistant...
B.T.W.-
If anyones curious The Creepers metioned in my last message is a small text-adventure dealing mainly with stealth and feudal Japan.
[This message has been edited by Nonexistant (edited 08-20-2003).]
|
|
#154
 2003-08-20, 11:04
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Pilot guy:
Hey, Im new to night ops and im new to this board. For a first time should i practice on my naibors or should i go for the house being constructed before its finished. And does anyone know where i could get a SRK knife in Canada? www.coldsteel.com should accomodate you, or maybe www.cheaperthandirt.com (search for the "Cold Steel" section). One or both of them should ship to Canada, eh (kidding)
Welcome to Totse
-Infrared
|
|
#155
 2003-08-20, 16:05
|
Assassin No.42 Hey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
1. How long does it take someone to learn to pick a lock?
2. How long does it take someone who knows how to pick a lock, pick a lock?
1 min?
1/2 min?
|
|
#156
 2003-08-20, 19:00
|
Angiospermicidal 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Assassin No.42:
Hey everyone!
1. How long does it take someone to learn to pick a lock?
2. How long does it take someone who knows how to pick a lock, pick a lock?
1 min?
1/2 min? It depends on the lock and the person, and the tools being used. You can't just learn to "pick a lock" and be done with it, there are many types of locks. It could take pros. up to 30 minutes, and I think someone already said that here...but whatever.
|
|
#157
 2003-08-20, 22:49
|
Capt Cataclysm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Nonexistant:
Too bad there is no yearly gathering for people who like infiltration. Where there is a course set up that starts in a semi-urban area then moves on to rural areas then forest. The goal would be too not be seen by the spotters stationed in the course, if you were caught then you would be removed from the game until the next area. There are some... and they get VERY violent. Most of the people who claim to do infiltration in my city are yuppie artist types and wouldn't want to get evolved. heh
A infiltration war game would be cool...
I was thinking of a urban capture the flag game through a few dozen city blocks in an abandoned industrial district.
|
|
#158
 2003-08-21, 01:12
|
Nonexistant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
------------------------------------------
"There are some... and they get VERY violent. Most of the people who claim to do infiltration in my city are yuppie artist types and wouldn't want to get evolved. heh
A infiltration war game would be cool...
I was thinking of a urban capture the flag game through a few dozen city blocks in an abandoned industrial district."
--------------------------------------
End quote
There would have to be a limited number of particicipants, and what should happen to possibly prevent violence is to have a background check too see if they have commited any outstanding crimes.
Capture the flag would be good but there would have too be more than one flag like 1 flag for every twenty participants. That way the game does not turn into a total war.
As a safety precation there would have to be people who are neutral and are only there to spot any breaking of the rules.
I live in a rural area so there are no infiltration sites besides schools and neighbors within a mile, but I do like living close to the mountains, I just have to figure out a way to cross the street and go along the fence without being seen if I was too sneak around the school.
Or about a mile a way i could sneak into a construction site where houses are being built but some of those are begginging to become populated.
Nonexistant...
[This message has been edited by Nonexistant (edited 08-21-2003).]
Infrared
2003-08-26 03:20
Next operation, in the planning phase:
The Business Complex. Will post more as more recon is done and more intel is gathered. It's a pretty big place, with many good places to hide and many possible targets. More info as it comes
-Infrared
Of course, this is entirely fictional.
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 08-26-2003).]
|
|
#159
 2003-08-26, 04:12
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
there are a bunch of books by this guy named Tom Brown, hes a survivalist and he does sum
pretty cool nite and day ops. he kan touch a deer with out it noticing he was there, until it is
touched. the books tell all these stories of his ops, its not fictional, they really happened. goto
borders or sumthin like that and ask for books by Tom Brown. Grandfather, The Tracker, and The
Way of the Scout are all good titles. he also has a skool that teaches u that shit, i heard its harder
than training for the army.
|
|
#160
 2003-08-27, 01:17
|
Thadeus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
What ever happened to that splinter cell guy that wanted to infiltrate an "abandoned" paper mill? I
hope he's still alive > http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#161
 2003-08-27, 08:29
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
That guy who has USMC at the end of his name:
ur not really in the army are you? in my post you said you are, and you will be the one locking us up in the NWO and shit. BUT in this thread you said you needed to make ur own ghillie suit for training. hmmm. wouldnt you be supplied for that? or are you completely full of shit like i suspect?
people on totse read more than one thread, you know.
|
|
#162
 2003-08-27, 08:38
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by maundy:
That guy who has USMC at the end of his name:
ur not really in the army are you? in my post you said you are, and you will be the one locking us up in the NWO and shit. BUT in this thread you said you needed to make ur own ghillie suit for training. hmmm. wouldnt you be supplied for that? or are you completely full of shit like i suspect?
people on totse read more than one thread, you know. How do you know he isn't ex-mil? If you join the military, you get training and you get whatever you're going to need for your specific job, but it's not like they let you keep your weapons, ghillie suit, etc, when you're out. In any case, he does know what he's talking about, so try to learn something from him
-Infrared
|
|
#163
 2003-08-27, 11:05
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hello...I am not new to totse but I am new to registering. I noticed this topic and I couldn't help
myself from posting.
Anyway,
I have been going on 'ops' for about 2months now. I'm starting to move to industrial areas but I don't think i'm ready for it yet.....
I've been oping in the same place for the past week and I can't help but noticing these two guys. They seem to be wearing BDU's and one has a backpack and the other has a side bag...I've noticed them reconing at night alot between 12-2am. I've been watching them alot but I don't seem to think they have noticed me(although I've had a few close encounters with them[scared the shit outa me I mean out of no where this guy emerges out of a bush right next to me.])and it seems they are oping aswell. I've seen them go threw a few backyards and on top of a few business building near the residential area where I op.
Basically I am asking:
If they are oper(i.e. the people who recon at night)should I attemp to contact them?
should I leave them alone?
Should I continue to watch them?
Please help me. There is no one else around here(to my knowelage that does this)except the two guys that i've seen the past week.
Well i'll wait for some replies before I post more.
-BioHunter-
|
|
#164
 2003-08-27, 11:32
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BioHunter:
Hello...I am not new to totse but I am new to registering. I noticed this topic and I couldn't help myself from posting.
Anyway,
I have been going on 'ops' for about 2months now. I'm starting to move to industrial areas but I don't think i'm ready for it yet.....
I've been oping in the same place for the past week and I can't help but noticing these two guys. They seem to be wearing BDU's and one has a backpack and the other has a side bag...I've noticed them reconing at night alot between 12-2am. I've been watching them alot but I don't seem to think they have noticed me(although I've had a few close encounters with them[scared the shit outa me I mean out of no where this guy emerges out of a bush right next to me.])and it seems they are oping aswell. I've seen them go threw a few backyards and on top of a few business building near the residential area where I op.
Basically I am asking:
If they are oper(i.e. the people who recon at night)should I attemp to contact them?
should I leave them alone?
Should I continue to watch them?
Please help me. There is no one else around here(to my knowelage that does this)except the two guys that i've seen the past week.
Well i'll wait for some replies before I post more.
-BioHunter-
Hi there. Contacting them isn't a good idea until you know for sure what they're up to. Even once you do, they may not trust you right off (they might think you're a cop, etc). On one hand I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get to know them and maybe plan some team ops, or at least watch each other's back, and on the other I think they should be let alone for now. If you do choose to contact them, what you can do is leave a note or something where you expect to see them, or something. Right now, though, continue to watch, and even tail them sometime, if you have the balls. Watch out, though; for all you know they're planning on robbing a place, or they're gang members or something. If you tail, keep your ass well out of sight, and plan a good escape should you be spotted. Good luck
-Infrared
|
|
#165
 2003-08-27, 11:44
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Hi there. Contacting them isn't a good idea until you know for sure what they're up to. Even once you do, they may not trust you right off (they might think you're a cop, etc). On one hand I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get to know them and maybe plan some team ops, or at least watch each other's back, and on the other I think they should be let alone for now. If you do choose to contact them, what you can do is leave a note or something where you expect to see them, or something. Right now, though, continue to watch, and even tail them sometime, if you have the balls. Watch out, though; for all you know they're planning on robbing a place, or they're gang members or something. If you tail, keep your ass well out of sight, and plan a good escape should you be spotted. Good luck
-Infrared I agree.. But in the case of your ending I have tailed them a few times...In Fact tonight I went out for about 45mins to see if they were out there(thats's what finally caused me to post)and I noticied they were campin in the ditch where I usually go before I start missions[basically just to do final check] and they were just scoping out the field that is overlooked by the hill/ditch at the top. So I watched for 30minutes then one of them got up and at a fst pace (paritally ducked) ran about 15meteres then drop and began to crawl then he stoped and signaled for his comrade. After about 10minutes of this I lost sight of them and I disided not to fallow because I was un prepared to fallow them, and I was un prepared to go into the field(lota bad suff happened there and some weird people live on the other side.....)[btw the field is about 300ydsx600yds]
-BioHunter-
Infrared
2003-08-27 11:50
I still recommend tailing them, after more preparation. Just be ready for anything, and if you're
worried about encountering hostiles, bring a good knife. I'm curious, what kind of "bad things"
happened in that field? And by the way, they sound rather professional, given the way one will
move out and his comrade will keep watch, then they'll advance in that sort of leapfrog manner.
You mad a good call, not following them when you lost sight. Never do that; for all you know, they
somehow detected you ad were waiting for you to come too close. I doubt they're THAT good, but
never take chances. Always keep them in view when you follow, and if you don't have it already,
invest in some night vision.
Damnit, now you've got me all curious http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif Have fun (and be careful), whatever you do
-Infrared
200th post, and in my first topic. wooha.
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 08-27-2003).]
|
|
#166
 2003-08-27, 12:07
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well the answer to your question"What bad things happened in that field." Basically they've found
2 dead bodies(1 was a rape and beaten to death.The second was a stabbing.)The field has
caught fire a few times in the past 4 years. Alot of domestic animals have died there. There are
many curious and potientially dangerous animals there too.
About the leap frog. After they met up the crawled at same pace. I think the 1st guy went out as a scout to see if it was completly clear. I don't belive they spotted me I was a good distance away.
But I think there were going to recon the other side of the field. Alot of the houses there are reported "haunted" becuase people died during a brush fire 6 years ago. Theres only about 50 populated houses there now. On each side of the field is basically thick treeline witha stream on the left side of the field. Beyond the houses and on the left side of the field are big hills(Which I have reconed with an old buddy who recently moved to polond.)And there alot of interesting stuff up there(including a mini relay base we built)[not much but some thick stick in a square with some o.k. weaved leaves at the top for minimal covor. We dug it about 3 feet below ground...
I go there in the day time until dark and stalk a bit but then I get freaked out after about 6 hours of reconing so I go home http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif.
I am planing a tailing op like you suggested I am planing to exacute it this Thursday.
I'll post more after replies
-BioHunter-
|
|
#167
 2003-08-27, 13:45
|
Pilot guy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey every one im getting my BDU in a month and im planing an op for my naibours house they
have a dog (golden retriever mixed with something else :not a very big dog
http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif, 3 kids one 12, another 16-17, and one thats 18-19, plus the 2
parents i figured this would be a good place to infiltrait bc they've been broken into twice and i
heard the robbers just walked throught the front door both times. Does any one have any
sugestions?
thanks.
-Pilot guy
BioHunter
2003-08-27 19:46
I wouldn't go threw with it for the fallowing reasons:
One if they've been broken into twice they could be expecting you,and they could have had an alarm installed.
Two the dog could wake them up(unless you uber stealthy). I mean c'mon man you don't need to be a dog killer do you?
Three if you get caught those two guys could own you if you were caught in there.
Those are my reasons there could be a few more but I don't think I should list them cus' they aren't that important.
Anyway it sounds to risky to me.....even if you are very stealthy there's always the possability......
-BioHunter-
|
|
#168
 2003-08-28, 00:27
|
TheDragon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Neighborhood ops:
Being my last week in my neighborhood, I'm gonna finally do some real ops. The school consists of a lot, main building, small building, and a field. The areas I'm in are the lot and the main building
the Lot is fairly well lit, but there are shadow spots. If I go to the top right corner of the lot (from a birds-eye view) and enter the perimeter there, I should be unseen. From here, I'll get a visual of the area, and look out for any persons. My goal will be to cross the parking lot, and tag the building (with my hand, I don't do graffiti).
My next op:
I just thought about it now, but my next op might be in the same area. The compound has a connecting building that is pretty low. I could probably get on top of it, which would be interesting and fun.
[This message has been edited by TheDragon (edited 08-28-2003).]
|
|
#169
 2003-08-28, 01:26
|
BongIt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
wow, this shit looks like its really interesting and i bet its very fun. im really interested in this but, i havent yet done any on my own becase i think i should do some more reading up......try to keep this topic on top. its really interesting
B_I
|
|
#170
 2003-08-28, 02:15
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
After reading all 8 pages of this, i'm so damn curious about what happened to that guy who was
planning going into that old paper mill, the son of a bitch.
This whole 'nighttime ops' thing sounds pretty dirty to me so far... I've been out in the night hundreds of times but only to steal handicapped parking signs and a bit of phreaking every now and then. I'm pretty down with this leaving without a trace stuff, so i'm thinking about maybe planning a little op in my neighbour hood. I'll let you all know whats happening later. I'm going to
have to get my head down ; I like to think i'm pretty prepared, but in reality, i'm not that great. I think i'm so 'prepared' all the time, I forget the basics like trousers, and end up leaving the house in my underwear (well, uh, maybe not, but you know what I mean).
-evilduck
|
|
#171
 2003-08-28, 03:06
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sounds like good practice. My friend has a huge backyard and we're thinking of building some walls and other obstacles out of wood, putting on some paintball armor/masks and using RAP4's http://rap4.com to play some paintball with a stealth twist. No speedball
|
|
#172
 2003-08-28, 04:23
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well today I walked the field today....didn't notice anything different.
I put some trip wire pyrotechnigues riged with trip wires(When I was making them I tested two...they worked....but I am still questioning if they will actually work.)So if the two guys wal in the field they will be pretty scared if the go where i planed them http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif. Basically is like this flash powder stuff and a few other things that flash and shoot up(i hope) and very illuminating. I got a few of the stuff from http://krimzonpyro.com/ep/ i saw that on the board so I checked it out and I got a few ideas http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif. I know it's not the best idea but I just wana watch them from a distance(if they go out tonight)and see if my creations work.
wish me luck...
-BioHunter.
|
|
#173
 2003-08-28, 05:30
|
Corallis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Are there any message boards dedicated to Urban Exploring that have frequent postings? I have
googled endless times searching for them, but all of the boards Ive found seem to get 1 new post
every 3-4 days. That doesnt make for very good reading. So, if anyone knows any good sites, Id
appreciate it if you could fill me in on it
|
|
#174
 2003-08-28, 09:16
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I agree i've googled and info.com many times but I havn't come up with anything whatsoever.
although I know someone posted this website before I thought i would do it again. I have seemed to like it so you should take a look at it. http://www.infiltration.org/index.html
Well I went on a semi-op tonight at about 12. I went my usual way inbetween the houses and threw a few yards. Crawled along the side of the hill till i got to the ditch. I waited and looked about for about a good 20-30mins. I didn't see anything so i crawled into the field to where i had planted those "traps"(or whatver you wana call em) I only checked two(one was tampered with the other didn't go off)Then i noticied some movement out of the corner of my eye. I saw the two guys going along the treeline. They kept going till they hit the stream. I wasn't sure if they noticied me so I waited a few minutes and I was sure they were gone. I crawled back ot the ditch. It was about a good 60mins before I got back.(Which was about 15minutes ago). I noticed though that one had gone off before I had gotten there. The one that seemed to be tampered with well basically it was just destroyed. and one was steped on but didn't go off. Well that shows my pyro skills http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif. Anyway I might go back out around 4:30 to check the others....I also layed a few things around(i poored water in about a 10x15ft in 3 places right before it got dark. I had those wana-be signal trap things[HEY I tryed lol]and I also did a few more things). Anyway if I do go back out I'll post back until then I'll wait for replies.
-BioHunter-
|
|
#175
 2003-08-28, 12:06
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Corallis:
Are there any message boards dedicated to Urban Exploring that have frequent postings? I have googled endless times searching for them, but all of the boards Ive found seem to get 1 new post every 3-4 days. That doesnt make for very good reading. So, if anyone knows any good sites, Id appreciate it if you could fill me in on it Why don't we set up our own UE bbs? I have some good hosting on a friends server, and I could easily set up a php based board to talk about op's etc...
Anyways, I've got to run. I'm going to check out and have a recon at a little house thing that is used for cricket on the public field. I know it has a back door leading straight in, with pretty poor lock on. The back door is totally concealed by a new shed they put up, so I won't have to worry about being seen around there. I'm not sure what alarm systems, if any, they have, so i'll remember to check that out.
[edit] It turns out that the lock around the back is one of these locks...
http://www.disturbedyouth.org/evildu.../loreslock.JPG
Now, i'm not really sure what the fuck to do with this lock. I don't want to rip the thing off with a crow-bar, because obviously thats not the point. What do you guys think? I checked the other doors, and they all have locks like this, so this is pretty much the easiest way of getting in. I'm not sure about any alarms. I'm just going to run like hell and hide if one goes off. [/edit]
Also, Bio-Hunter : Do you think the two guys found your traps and disabled them, or did they just not go off? What could they be doing over there? Don't get raped =/
-evilduck
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 08-28-2003).]
|
|
#176
 2003-08-29, 00:37
|
Thadeus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
[edit] It turns out that the lock around the back is one of these locks...
http://www.disturbedyouth.org/evildu.../loreslock.JPG
Now, i'm not really sure what the fuck to do with this lock. Just get some pliers and some 4mm or 5mm wire. Those stupid warded locks are the easiest to pick.
evilduck
2003-08-29 00:40
do you want to explain and/or expand on that?
[edit]
I've found a text at http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/t...G/wardlock.txt which sounds to me like it could be what your explaining. I did already try this with no luck though yet.
[/edit]
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 08-29-2003).]
|
|
#177
 2003-08-29, 02:31
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
Also, Bio-Hunter : Do you think the two guys found your traps and disabled them, or did they just not go off? What could they be doing over there? Don't get raped =/
-evilduck
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 08-28-2003).] Well man I'm not sure....I havn't gone out there to check yet cus my grandmother is very sick(lung cancer http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif) And I went to see her so I'm not sure whathappened. I'm not a pyrotechniques expert here so I doubt all of the mwould go off. I'm sure that one went off.
-BioHunter-
|
|
#178
 2003-08-29, 02:35
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
OK, I posted a few posts earlier about my school. AND a few posts ago I read something about some schools have some underground tunnels. Also I watch alot movies and I know that they're just movies but still. I watched on alot of them that they sneak through the floor. Well, I was thinking, do some schools have this? I know that if I would do that, then I'd need blueprints. Where can I get these.
I know this MIGHT be more complicating than sneaking in through the front door but I thought about the motion censors. Anyway to get away from them? I am going to plan this along ways away though.
Here is what I have planned so far for this night time op. First I jimmy down my window in the middle of the night, run across the street, kind of crawl/walk through my neighborhood until I reach my meeting point with my friend. And then if I had some blueprints, I could see where or if they had a sewer passage or whatever.
My ultimate question is.... where do I get these blueprints? If I get in through the floor, I could explore there all night. Get tests, get study guides, answers, chemicals, scales, whatever I want, the whole kitten kabootle. I figure that I could use two way radios to communicate with my partner(s). How many partners should I have. Would three be too many?
What kind of supplies would I need? Lockpick tools, masks, black clothing, rope(everyone in the movies has it) Now if I was in the sewers, I was thinking of bringing a pellet gun. I have a phobia of rats. I am sure I'd see them because it's obvious. Would a pellet gun kill 'em? Also, if I got caught there, would they count the pellet gun as a concealed weapon or whatever?
Oh and maby I was thinking of taking the cash inside the lunchroom or school store. Do you think they take the cash out before closing? Do they put it in a safe or something?
Any more ideas? Any more ideas on what to do once I'm inside? And thanks in advance for answering some of my questions.
|
|
#179
 2003-08-29, 03:39
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well for one I wouldn't plan on going the underground way. To much trouble for a school and a
few scales or something.
You and 2 extra people would be good but 3 could ge good aswell. Two could be spotters(one looking at the main road and the other spttoing the schoool[i don't know the area so you would have to choose]) And you and the other guy could get in.
Theres a Jr. High schoool right next to my house and it's pretty easy to get in (i've done it a few times) And on the extreme right of the school theres a main building and on the side of the building is a ladder runing up the side, although it has one of those lock things blocking the bottum of it,it's pretty easy to get up there...and once up there theres a few hatches and things to get it. I would look for something similiar to that.
Some schoools have motion detectors and cameras. Usually high schoools will have alarms and such things. Elementray school don't usally have anything. nad The jr. high i usually op has a few camers and motion detectors in their office but other than that theres nothing but some locks.
I wouldn't take much gear for the guys who are entering but the spotters should have binocs thats a must and everyone should have a way to communicate with eachother. I think 2 different pairs of walkie talkies could work as long as you all were on the same channel. A rope could become usful if you were entering by the roof. A backpack could become usful since you are taking some items.
I'm not sure what else you could take but be creative is what I always say http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif.
Try to take as least as possible though.
-BioHunter-
p.s. reguardless if caught with a pellet gun of your not your still going to get in some trouble.
|
|
#180
 2003-08-29, 12:04
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I should go to my old high school and do a little digging around. It had no motion detectors or
even alarms or cameras. I could easily pick one of the doors open and sneak around a little. Not
a whole lot to do, though; classrooms are completely uninteresting, and I don't steal or destroy
things on my ops, so it'd be pretty much pointless, but it still might be fun to go back. There's a
security dickhole though; he always used to give me shit when my parking permit fell off my
window (damnit, the sun bakes them off! I'd always end up with detentions for just that, the fucker
), and he's still there too.
Memories. lol. Anyway, I'll post about my business complex op, when I have enough TO post. I still need to do a little recon and gather some satellite data too (translation: go to
www.terraserver.com ). This is going to be a dangerous one, I have to contend with cameras, possible security, and possibly other alarm systems. Will update
-Infrared
|
|
#181
 2003-08-29, 13:37
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DeerHunterUSMC:
YOU ARE ALL CARROTS!!!! AND THE HARVEST IS UPON US!!!!!!!!!!
I just had to say it....
Oh yea, and being in the military and all, Im cool with all this NWO shtick cause I'M GONNA BE THE ONE HORDING YOU INTO CAGES!!!!
Dont fight back, you will lose.... CARROTS! INFRARED:
that is what he wrote. and then he wrote he is making a ghille suit. so maybe he is full of shit. please defend yourself here, USMC. when i say full of shit, i dont mean it in a nasty way.
|
|
#182
 2003-08-29, 16:43
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Say Sam fisher have you already done that Paper mill Op? I havent' been folowing for a while now. So have you done it? How did it go?
|
|
#183
 2003-08-29, 19:05
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Noboady has seen Sam Fisher for a while now. He said something about camping in a bush for 7
days, but I would of thought he'd be back by now.
|
|
#184
 2003-08-30, 00:08
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
Noboady has seen Sam Fisher for a while now. He said something about camping in a bush for 7 days, but I would of thought he'd be back by now. He was captured. I disavow all knowledge of Sam Fisher and his paper mill-prowling. I also know nothing about a paper mill.
-Infrared
|
|
#185
 2003-08-30, 17:51
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Anymore ideas on opening these locks : http://www.disturbedyouth.org/evildu.../loreslock.JPG .
I've had no luck with 'wire keys' and other 'skeleton' type keys. A couple of them broke in the lock
which was a bit of pisser, but the ones that didn't break I couldn't get it to turn over at all. I have
no problem usually with the pin and tumbler locks, but it seems there is hardly any information on
the warded locks at all. Am I missing something obvious here?
[edit]I've been pretty sure this was a warded lock so far, but i'm not so sure anymore. Lever Lock?
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 08-30-2003).]
|
|
#186
 2003-08-31, 11:33
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm going back to school on wednesday, so i'll be around for a few more days.
Concerning those mortice locks, unless anyone comes up with something, i'll just have to drill the locks, which of course they would notice.
|
|
#187
 2003-08-31, 13:50
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
I'm going back to school on wednesday, so i'll be around for a few more days.
Concerning those mortice locks, unless anyone comes up with something, i'll just have to drill the locks, which of course they would notice. They ain't THAT hard to pick, duck...you can do it with just your tension wrench (in this case, you don't use it for tension, you use it to do the picking. It's the right shape). Just stick it in like you would the key (you know how those keys look, right?), and make sure the flange on the pick is where they key would be, and turn a little in the direction the key would turn, adjust, try to engage the mechanism, etc. It takes a little tweaking, but they AREN'T hard to pick, considering how outdated they are.
-Infrared
|
|
#188
 2003-08-31, 13:57
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Find me motherfucker
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
They ain't THAT hard to pick, duck...you can do it with just your tension wrench (in this case, you don't use it for tension, you use it to do the picking. It's the right shape). Just stick it in like you would the key (you know how those keys look, right?), and make sure the flange on the pick is where they key would be, and turn a little in the direction the key would turn, adjust, try to engage the mechanism, etc. It takes a little tweaking, but they AREN'T hard to pick, considering how outdated they are.
-Infrared
Check The Skills! http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
|
|
#189
 2003-08-31, 14:59
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'll give it a go ; they're as common as dirt over here those kind of mortice locks.
I know alot of english mortice locks have 'anti-picking' and 'anti-drilling' devices on them. Thanks for the help 'red.
|
|
#190
 2003-08-31, 18:31
|
yomammasfatass 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i also am interested in this type of stuff, i have recently come back from a shitty activity holiday
where the only fun came at night. you have to be in by 11:00 but peple like go out at about 10:45
and stay out untill they get caught http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif at about 1:00 in the
morning most of the staff are patrolling around the grounds with torches and if you get spotted
they run after you centering the torches on you and shouting. If you get caught they march you
back to your dorm where there is no way of getting out again.
It gives you the best adrenaline rush ever. Theres this really violent man -and i mean violent- who everybody takes the piss out of. i got caught on purpose by him while i was wearing full staff uniform i had taken out of a supply cupboard and he pushed me down the stairs of this fire escape and literally dragged me back to my dorm where he made me stand in the corner without moving for 2 hours 10 mins! i dont think pushing me down the stairs is legal so im considering
sueing the place.
true story.
LetsAllGetDrunkAndPlayPingPong!
|
|
#191
 2003-09-01, 11:00
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The planning phase of the business complex op is coming along nicely. The place I plan to
explore is a two-story building that's being built right now (though it's about 95% complete). It's in
a good out-of-the-way area; not TOO far from civilization, though. I plan to make my way out
there and hoof my way to the place through the scrubby field that surrounds it. It's completely
dark; even at the actual complex, no spotlights or anything are left on, and the only security I've
noticed thus far is a truck that comes every few hours and does a few rounds, shines a flashlight
around, then leaves. As for building security systems, there are some basic cameras that look
rather hastily set up; meaning, they don't blend well at all, and the wiring is exposed (stupid!). I
don't think anyone is watching them; I think they just record. Nonetheless, though, I'm not taking
chances. I'm not going to bother deactivating it; there's no real need, since it's easy to slip past.
It's over what looks to be a future employee's entrance or something like that, which I plan to
sneak into. I have no blueprints of the inside or anything, so I'm going to take it as I go. I know
that sounds dangerous, but that's part of the fun. Once inside, I'm going to completely cover my
face and use my SureFire flashlight and infrared filter, in conjunction with my NV monocular and
the head rig I made for it, for light. The whole building isn't dark inside; light shines in from the big
front picture windows, but I'm sure I'll encounter dark spots. Anyway, I'll post more about this op
as I gather more intel, and as my plan comes together. I think it'll be a good one
-Infrared
|
|
#192
 2003-09-01, 19:28
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
That sounds pretty good 'red. All theoretical of course =P The NV really does sound pretty damn
good. The infrared can't be seen with the naked eye right?
-evilduck
|
|
#193
 2003-09-02, 02:27
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
That sounds pretty good 'red. All theoretical of course =P The NV really does sound pretty damn good. The infrared can't be seen with the naked eye right?
-evilduck Thanks for the reminder, Duck
(All activities described in my previous post are entirely fictitious, and no threat is expressed or implied)
Yeah, the infrared part of the spectrum is invisible to the human eye, but that flashlight will be a torch through my NV. I love the idea of a really bright flashlight that only you can see, and utilize
-Infrared
|
|
#194
 2003-09-02, 09:48
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Yeah, the infrared part of the spectrum is invisible to the human eye, but that flashlight will be a torch through my NV. I love the idea of a really bright flashlight that only you can see, and utilize
-Infrared
[/b] "What will they think of next???"
-BioHunter-
|
|
#195
 2003-09-02, 11:59
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Seriously. Night vision alone is some really amazing technology
-Infrared
|
|
#196
 2003-09-02, 12:01
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Oh, just some night ops trivia: On the rare occasion I bring someone else along on an op, my
codename is Infrared, and his/hers is Ultraviolet. If I ever do a squad-type op (I'd like to try
someday, so long as my teammates were competent) I plan to do the spectrum thing, with code
names like yellow, green, blue, red, etc. The leader will be "Spectrum".
-Infrared
|
|
#197
 2003-09-02, 12:48
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I've tryed that before, but I just keep my mouth shut and don't use any names, unless i'm with
more than one person, which is very occasional.
How did you construct your NV goggles from the monocular?
-evilduck
|
|
#198
 2003-09-02, 13:20
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
How did you construct your NV goggles from the monocular?
-evilduck I didn't make goggles, I just used some military web strapping and some good velcro to make a head rig for it. I also used a hinge that wasn't free-swinging and rigged it to where I could pivot the monocular out of my face if I needed to. It doesn't look ultra-cool or anything but it's reliable, comfortable, and does what I ask it to, so I'm happy
-Infrared
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 09-02-2003).]
|
|
#199
 2003-09-02, 15:41
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Very Splinter Cell then =P
The following post is entirely fictitious, and no threat is expressed or implied in any way.
I had forgot about my immediate neighbours house ; they have another house elsewhere, where they stay in the week because of work or something. Otherwise it's empty all week. I'm going to check it out now.
[edit] OK ; I've just been over there. They back gate is always unlocked and the lock on the back door is a pretty basic pin and tumbler. Although inside I could see a PIR sensor in the living room, and on the front of the house a white alarm box.
I'm going to gain as much intel about the house as possible. I don't want to set off an alarm, and have to run back to my house and stand there in 'combat' gear while my Ma looks out the window. It looks like the alarm system is pretty decent so i'll probably have to forget it. Most alarms have a 20sec delay or something, so maybe as soon as I open the door, run back to my house, and sit down and wait for any alarms/police =P[/edit]
-evilduck
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 09-02-2003).]
|
|
#200
 2003-09-02, 17:54
|
jesus! 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Even though you don't steal, you break into peoples houses and snoop around their yards. I know if I found you in house I would fuck you up big time.
|
|
#201
 2003-09-02, 19:13
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thats why the only time i'd even contemplate going in, is when they're away, and the security
sucks and there are no alarms, otherwise forget it.
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 09-02-2003).]
|
|
#202
 2003-09-02, 22:13
|
BongIt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey, im new to this stuff and is there any sites that have info on them about this?and red' do you live by yourself? all i have is BDUs and i dont know what elts to take on a mission but i want to go on one soon. and suggestions of a first mission duck or red'? what time do you guys usally go out? what kinda equipment do you bring? and how long are you missions? do you think spy/recon on a house would be a good first mission?thanks.
B_I
|
|
#203
 2003-09-03, 02:51
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BongIt:
hey, im new to this stuff and is there any sites that have info on them about this?and red' do you live by yourself? all i have is BDUs and i dont know what elts to take on a mission but i want to go on one soon. and suggestions of a first mission duck or red'? what time do you guys usally go out? what kinda equipment do you bring? and how long are you missions? do you think spy/recon on a house would be a good first mission?thanks.
B_I
Jesus: I agree. I know the risks I'm taking, and if I'm ever caught, I deserve to get "fucked up big time", but that's the point: I never get caught.
BI: A good first-time op is just your neighbor's yards. I know it sounds a little wussy, but if you do it a few times, you'll build up the courage and you'll learn how to sneak around right. For an op like that, just wear your BDU's and a good pair of boots, and bring along night vision if you have it. Make sure there's no dogs or anything, and don't step in sand or anything else where footprints will be left. As for bigger/different ops, your equipment will vary. Hopefully my night-op guide will be posted here on totse soon, so check it out; it contains, among other things, a listing of basic, bare-bones equipment and some basic tactics and such. Have fun if you go on an op, and watch your back
-Infrared
PS: By the way, I do live by myself, and I usually do my ops in the dead of night; anywhere from 2:00AM to 4:00AM. After 4:00 is stretching it for me, because for some reason, people are often up that early here. I'm gone anywhere from half an hour to 2 hours depending on the op (strictly speaking neighborhood here; on my big ops like the mountain one I posted about, I was gone many hours)
disclaimer: The entire preceding post is fictitious, and no threat is expressed/implied.
|
|
#204
 2003-09-03, 03:35
|
BongIt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
thanks Red'. i was thinking that i should just get in my BDUs and just go acrost this feild to a house farm and do some ops there but he has about 3 lights on a 10-15 acher peice of land...so i might just go to my naibers house.
B_I
|
|
#205
 2003-09-03, 07:49
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I have to admit that lately, I've been getting the temptation to nick things during my ops. In my
neighborhood ops I've run across quite a few nice, stealable items, and hell, when I did my
mountain op, I was in a cabin full of all kinds of shit. But, I can't let myself get tempted: The true
mark of night-op professionalism is to leave nary a mark at all.
-Infrared
300th post. nihaa.
(this post is entirely fictitious, and no threat is expressed or implied)
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 09-03-2003).]
|
|
#206
 2003-09-03, 18:22
|
DeerHunterUSMC 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by maundy:
INFRARED:
that is what he wrote. and then he wrote he is making a ghille suit. so maybe he is full of shit. please defend yourself here, USMC. when i say full of shit, i dont mean it in a nasty way. What does that have anything to do with me telling how to make a guillie suit?
We make our own ghille suit in order to have a better understanding of them. Some classes get theirs, some make em, its all a matter of whats in supply.
I'm really getting sick of lame asses questioning my service. Try to discredit me, I'll answer any question you want to know. Sad enough, its getting to the point where its not worth posting anymore cause people like you just waste my time when I try to share my knowledge.
Oh yea, and if you couldn't pick up on the sarcasm in that post, your an idiot. Half of its a quote from Tool - Disgustipated.
|
|
#207
 2003-09-03, 20:19
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Deerhunter, just forget about Maundy.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3240384679&category=40 84 ; what does everyone think about these? 'Red, you seem to know your stuff about NV ; do they look reasonably good? I checked up on other websites, and they have a retail value of like $300 or something - I don't remember exactly. What generation is your monocular 'red?
|
|
#208
 2003-09-03, 23:33
|
BongIt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey bio, how much is that in U.S. dollers?im looking for one but i dont want to spend like too much money on one.
B_I
|
|
#209
 2003-09-04, 00:02
|
AloisK 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeerHunterUSMC:
I'm really getting sick of lame asses questioning my service. Try to discredit me, I'll answer any question you want to know. I don't question your service - just your intelligence (or lack thereof).
From another thread:
Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeerHunterUSMC:
Twice a week I fill my ruck with 3 x 25 lb weights and hump out 6 to 12 miles just to train, so I know you'll never see me floating belly up. That is ludicrous. I spend practically every other weekend in the high sierras or other wilderness all summer, spring and fall. My base pack weight (everything in the pack--including the pack itself-- minus food, water and the clothes on my back) for 3-4 days alone and unsupported in the wilderness is 10.5lbs.
11lbs if I take a paperback or two, and 12lbs if I carry some ultralight fishing gear.
With a load like that I can do 20 miles a day and more in the mountains comfortably, wearing lightweight running shoes.
Humping 80lbs is not only miserable, but you'll knacker your hips, knees or feet eventually.
|
|
#210
 2003-09-04, 00:47
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BongIt:
hey bio, how much is that in U.S. dollers?im looking for one but i dont want to spend like too much money on one.
B_I
What? Did I miss something???
-BioHunter-
|
|
#211
 2003-09-04, 01:10
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Duck: That's a good monocular; good magnification, and basic, and 31 pounds (or whatever)
sounds like a rather low price. Most monoculars are pretty good, but you want to always avoid
Tasco optics, whether binocs or NV or anything. Mine is a gen. I also; I'd like to move up to a 2,
but I'm cashless at the moment. Damn expensive NV gear.
DeerHunterUSMC: Just for the record, I'm not trying to discredit you, you can talk the talk and walk the walk just fine as far as I can tell. Hey, did you look under that post of yours (the 'carrots' one)? I happened to post ALL of Disgustipated, because that's what your post reminded me of. I didn't realize you were indirectly quoting it too, lol
-Infrared
|
|
#212
 2003-09-04, 17:29
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BioHunter:
What? Did I miss something???
-BioHunterI think he meant 'duck' not bio =\
31 British Pounds is probably like 40-45 dollars. My guess though is that guy selling the monocular will have set a pretty high reserve price, so realisticly it's going to be more.
|
|
#213
 2003-09-05, 02:05
|
K'Ratak 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hi, I've been reading this thread and just thought that I'd share some links to some sites that I
thought some of you might find useful.
http://www.perrets.com/cgi-bin/webc....tml?p_catid=31
http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/v...ght_vision.php
http://www.night-vision-goggles.com/
http://order.harborfreight.com:9100/...ht/results.jsp
I haven't actually ordered from any of these sites YET though so I don't know for sure how reliable they may or may not be.
|
|
#214
 2003-09-05, 02:48
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The hell..Hmm, earlier yesterday (before I fucked my finger up), I posted my last post right up
there, but it never came up for some reason, so I re-posted a short version of it around 3AM last
night, and suddenly today, my original one shows up. How odd. Anyway, this is just for those who
saw two posts of mine that covered the same subject matter, but were worded different.
-Infrared
|
|
#215
 2003-09-05, 08:51
|
DeerHunterUSMC 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AloisK:
That is ludicrous. I spend practically every other weekend in the high sierras or other wilderness all summer, spring and fall. My base pack weight (everything in the pack--including the pack itself-- minus food, water and the clothes on my back) for 3-4 days alone and unsupported in the wilderness is 10.5lbs.
11lbs if I take a paperback or two, and 12lbs if I carry some ultralight fishing gear.
With a load like that I can do 20 miles a day and more in the mountains comfortably, wearing lightweight running shoes.
Humping 80lbs is not only miserable, but you'll knacker your hips, knees or feet eventually. A full combat load in the military ranges from 75 - +100 lbs. We spread load things such as machine gun rounds, mortar rounds, extra ammo, etc. and then carry mortar systems, M240G's, etc. Now how would hiking with a 10 lb pack help prepare for that? It wouldn't. Shit, I'm glad we have all of that weight, cause if we had 10 lbs, they would make us run everywhere.
|
|
#216
 2003-09-05, 18:52
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm back, what happened to me ?
Well recently i have started "Free Running" and i thought it was time to try it out on
a taller building, so i went to an abandoned industrial estate, jumped the fence and
climbed the fire escape to the top, i took a deep breath then started to run then
jumped from roof to roof without any problem i even managed a couple of
somersaults, then suddenly "CRACK" followed by a scream, i then started to fall in
slow motion towards the ground 20 feet below.
I awoke 20 feet below in extreme pain with a broken left leg and a broken right
ankle and unable to breath properly, and i was soaking (it must have been raining
heavily when i was out)i was in agony, i knew that no one was coming for me so i
would have to crawl the mile home, the first problem was getting up the muddy hill
with it raining i knew that it wouldn't be easy (now i am not going to lie to you all,
but i was wanting my mum i was crying in pain and in extreme shock, i was
vomiting with some blood in there)i attempted to climb the hill several times
without sucess i noticed two short metal poles so i crawled over to them and
crawled back to the hill i used the two poles to climb up which wasn't easy ( i have
strong arms, but it was still extremely difficult) after about 20 minutes i had
reached the top, then passed out. i was woken by the rain again ( i was showing
signs of hypothemia and couldn't feel my legs.
The fence was really old so it was easy to cut with my home made wire cutters, i slowly crawled through the hole i made, and made my way through the long grass field at this point i had hardly any feeling in my hands, i kept praying to god because i really thought i was going to die i'm not even a religion person but pray i did. I never noticed the long piece of razor wire in the grass and i crawled over it "AAHHGGGG FUCK FUCK BASTARD AHHGGG FUCKING JESUS", i was in so much pain i actually started to pray to god to kill me, or failing that send a hot vigin angel with big tits down to me with some strong pain killers and a melinex sheet, but that never happened either.
I decided not to rest as i was really turning blue and i needed warmth quick, i kept going and going , i got to the road but there was no point in staying there and waiting for a car as not many cars drive there at 0400, now the decision go home and try to "FIX" myself or go to the public phones which is a lot closer and phone the paramedics ?
I decided to goto the phones even though i have a phobia of hospitals, i crawled for what seemed to be hours and hours. I reached the phones but i couldn't do anything my body stopped shaking then just shut down. I don't remember anything after that it was just a blur.
But i told everone that i was going for a walk because i couldn't sleep, and i got a beating by an unknown amount of people and i didn't see their faces.
The doctors said that i'm not allowed to do any form of fitness for (Gee i forgot haha) basicaly i've to just veg out.
And that was why i was away for awhile, But don't worry i've been busy reading all the new urban ops posts.
So anything exciting happen to you guys and girls ???
|
|
#217
 2003-09-05, 19:18
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
ack ; jesus christ that sucks. I think if you read back a few pages, we were all worrying about you
=P. I can't think on anything worse. Anyways, I'm glad your back.
Nobody has really done anything much intresting I don't think. I know 'reds been planning something, and i've just been looking out for things to do, and practicing on those UK Mortice Locks.
How was hospital then? I know when I went (pfft, I was wasted, ok?) it was the worst fucking night of my life. I kept passing out, and when I woke up in the morning I had a drip and all. I
seriously read 'Hello' and 'OK' magazine like 5 times in a row, while waiting for my breakfast. It was toast =\
|
|
#218
 2003-09-05, 21:31
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well My dad still hasnt TOLD me that he works for the CIA or anything, but ive been trailing him for a while and it is getting more and more suspicious, but i dont have time for much because swimming season has started and im on the team and i have to be up at 5:00 in the morning at the pool so it sucks but oh well.
|
|
#219
 2003-09-05, 22:19
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Have you just asked him about it? Just ask him to tell you whats going on, and try and get him to
explain what you've noticed.
|
|
#220
 2003-09-06, 02:24
|
AloisK 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by DeerHunterUSMC:
A full combat load in the military ranges from 75 - +100 lbs. We spread load things such as machine gun rounds, mortar rounds, extra ammo, etc. and then carry mortar systems, M240G's, etc. Now how would hiking with a 10 lb pack help prepare for that? It wouldn't. Shit, I'm glad we have all of that weight, cause if we had 10 lbs, they would make us run everywhere. Thats the great thing about 10lb packs. You can fly uphill, then cruise the downhills at a comfortable 12min/mile half jog in running shoes.
You may do alot of your hiking in flatter lands, which would make a big load easier to manage. My philosophy has been conditioned by the high sierra, where its not uncommon to do 6,000 10,000ft of cumulative elevation gain and loss over 10-15 miles of hiking. Either you're going up or down - there is not a whole lot of flat unless you're in one of the canyons. Another factor is that the ups in the sierras begin at 8k to 9k ft above sea level, and top out at 11k, 12k, and even 13k ft. So altitude becomes a big factor, esp. when you don't have a week or two to acclimatize before your trip.
I'm aware of what the military makes you do, I'm just saying that it might not be the optimal way to go about things as a civilian. Lets suppose you were discovered on one of your ops.. in a military situation you could just shoot the fucker. But how do you get away carrying 75lbs of gear in a civilian situation? A fit person can outrun the average rent-a-cop slob while carrying 10 or 20lbs, but 75-100? No way.
[This message has been edited by AloisK (edited 09-06-2003).]
|
|
#221
 2003-09-06, 02:53
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
"Dead lips don't cry rape" Ok, now THAT is fucked up. lol.
AK round (7.62X39): I only said that because A: Dogs make it really hard to complete successful ops, and it would be nice to have a suppressed handgun to dispatch them with. It would be the easiest way, but even if I did have the gun, I don't think I'd go around offing neighborhood dogs, because like I said, it leaves traces. A lot of them. Maybe I'm not the most animal-friendly guy; once I was out hiking in the scrubby desert land here and these 3 coyotes started circling me from afar, then began to slowly close in. I had my USP with me so guess what? Aim, BANG, less one coyote. The rest heard the shot and ran. If I hadn't done it, they would have attacked me;
they were circling their "prey". Besides, there's a $45 bounty on those fuckers because they kill people's cattle. No real point to that story, but I do have decency, I wouldn't go around being inhumane to animals, whether neighborhood animals or not. I'm not a sicko or anything
-Infrared
|
|
#222
 2003-09-06, 04:44
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
aloisk is saying in a nice way what i was trying to say.
anyway, back to u guys having to learn how to make ghillie suits. over here, the army calls them yowie suits and ghillie suits, but yowie is more common.
but back to what i was saying before. why do they get the troops to make their own? they are made my people trained for the job and machines over here.
just sounds wierd.
ps get well soon sam
|
|
#223
 2003-09-06, 05:29
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, Sam, get well soon; our first night-op casualty. >salutes<
-Infrared
|
|
#224
 2003-09-06, 07:04
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Man, Sam that must have been one hell.
After reading that it seemed like you were some guy in a war or something. You deserve a medal.
Get well soon!
-BioHunter-
|
|
#225
 2003-09-06, 08:23
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Ok, now THAT is fucked up. lol.
Heh, I read your rape story in S&A 'red. YUo siCK fuCK!!!11
Quote: quote:Originally posted by AloisK:
I'm aware of what the military makes you do, I'm just saying that it might not be the optimal way to go about things as a civilian. Lets suppose you were discovered on one of your ops.. in a military situation you could just shoot the fucker. But how do you get away carrying 75lbs of gear in a civilian situation? A fit person can outrun the average rent-a-cop slob while carrying 10 or 20lbs, but 75-100? No way.
[This message has been edited by AloisK (edited 09-06-2003).] I'm not sure you understood DeerHunter again; the 3 x 25 pound weights was for training each day or something ; NOT when going out on a night op when you'll have the possibility of having to
run. Anyways, bio, keep us updated on those two guys =]
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 09-06-2003).]
|
|
#226
 2003-09-07, 08:08
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
>El bumpo<
Hey, to any mods reading this thread: What's your opinion of night ops? Fun, stupid, immature, cool, etc? Feedback from Ironz and any others would be appreciated
-Infrared
PS: formulating my plan for the business complex; I have the info I need, but I need to organize it all on paper (that's just how I do things). Once I do that, I'll give you all a basic outline of the plan
(the preceding is entirely fictitious, and no threat is expressed or implied.)
|
|
#227
 2003-09-07, 10:15
|
The Jackal 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I love this stuff its my first post so I hope I dont mess it up but are there anyone in the Toronto (canada) area looking for a partner in this? I'm 100% new to this and tp posting on totse but I have been reading this post the last 3 hours and LOVE it and the storys, well I hope someone can help me with tips (I've been cuting and pasteing things I think are usefull from this topic and other things all over the web (US ARMY books and things like it) I just need to get it all together and make a big ass book of it and post it up here, well I guess this is long so I'm going now cheers
|
|
#228
 2003-09-09, 11:13
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
last night, after being inspired by this thread, I decided to go for a very basic op, more of a 'kewl' idea than a bad idea. I just wore black, balaclava and latex gloves and had a lighter. I sneaked around peoples gardens for a while, just messing around really. I then spotted an old abandoned car in this car park. It's been there about a year and the police won't move it, so I decided to.
I had a bit of a snoop round, then tryed the door. Might have worked. It did. I was pretty suprised, so I ran away a bit and though what I was going to do next. I walked back to the car, took the handbrake off and jumped out. It rolled pretty fast and blocked a street. I watched a while as some car stopped a while, then I saw a police car so I ran away.
Nothing too major, but I had a good time and did a public service so I had a better night than usual.
____
the above is fictionous and any resemblance to actual events is purely coincidental.
[This message has been edited by squash (edited 09-09-2003).]
|
|
#229
 2003-09-09, 17:26
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
heh, i'm not sure if the balaclava and latex gloves is such a good idea. If you looked out a window
and saw somebody with a balaclava and latex gloves, you'd probably immediatly call the police.
Keep it casual in build up areas.
I looked around for locations for some later night ops on the bus today, and I saw a couple of
places i'm going to check out. One of them an abandoned church, which is filled with building supplies or something.
On saturday I went with some friends to an old abandoned mental hospital. It wasn't so much of a night op, but fuck me it was scary. It was like Resident Evil or something. I swear I saw some blood all over the floor. I'm going to go back there and maybe i'll take some pictures.
-evilduck
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 09-09-2003).]
|
|
#230
 2003-09-09, 17:39
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
note : the previous post was entirely fictitious, and it neiter implicates or is a threat that the
described activitys will happen. Keep it theoretical everyone =P
|
|
#231
 2003-09-09, 19:17
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yeah, but when I don't wear balaclava and latex gloves I don't get more into the mind-set, plus I think it's more funnier that someone not wearing a balaclava and stuff isn't sneaking around... I dunno.
Plus if I did actually sneak around, it helps people not seeing me in the first place as well as me not getting my prints on stuff. Plus sometimes you may put your hand down in something...unpleasant.
I hope you make a bunch of obviously faked photos of the hospital, what will you do about lighting though? Even with a flash, in theory, it might still be a bit dark. Also something I'd be a bit scared of was getting lost in some abandoned area. That's if I did actually wonder about going into factorys nearby. Anyone not tried sneaking around during the day? Opposed to doing it at night, you'd have to be more careful about being spotted instead of being heard...
|
|
#232
 2003-09-09, 20:25
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
It is pretty much pitch black inside, but it should be alright with the flash and a flashlight. It's not so
much of an issue getting lost. It's not that big. I haven't been upstairs yet. I bet there are dead
bodies up there, or even more scary I think, homeless people. I'd shit my pants if I went inside
and some homeless guy was sat in the corner. I'd hit him with sticks Clockwork Orange style.
How about rolling up your balaclava like a wooly hat, and then whipping it down when 'in action', Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels style.
OK, enough movie style.
|
|
#233
 2003-09-10, 03:03
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Duck, if you want to see if there's really blood, get a blue filter for your flashlight. It doesn't have to
attach; hell, it can even be a thick chunk of blue plastic, but shine it where you think there might
be blood, and if there is, you'll be able to see it better. That's a hunter's tactic, and while it's more
effective for fresh blood, it will help you see old blood too.
And if you're worried about hostiles, bring a knife, although you should be bringing one anyway
-Infrared
|
|
#234
 2003-09-10, 03:17
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Shit, I nearly got caught. I decided to go around some other neighbourhood, then had the bright idea of turning on peoples hose taps. It was raining anyway so nobody heard me (I thought). As I was running through the gardens all the lights were going on. At first I ran away like a little girl, but then I thought...does anybody actually care? Lights go on all the time, nobody runs to the
back door waving a shotgun around.
Anyway, I was stood there messing around with this tap, about 7 bright lights showing me clothed head-to-toe in black. I turned the tap on and starting making my escape when someone shouted 'WHAT THE FUCK!'. I nearly fucking fell off the fence. I stepped on all these plants, ran up someones drive and all the way back home. Pretty big buzz altogether, though sneaking around was more fun. Plus it was yet again a dumb idea, I should be a bit more patient. Anyway to get past security lights? I thought of breaking them with a catapult or shining a torch at the light sensor while I side-step around it. You can usually walk underneath them, but I had about 3 pointing at me from different directions.
I'll end up getting caught at this rate.
_____
The above is a work of fiction, any actual events that this resembles is purely coincidental.
|
|
#235
 2003-09-10, 04:26
|
|
Regular
|
|
Humboldt County High
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If I were a nighttime Op I would take a bite out of peoples block of cheese and leave it. Eventually
it will be on the news. Some funny shit to think about doin.
|
|
#236
 2003-09-10, 06:52
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey, nice topic Infrared.
Well, I'm a little reluctant to say this around you "pros", but I need some help. You see, I have a security system on my house that says the name of the door that opened when you try to open a door. (It also says "Disarmed" when you try to turn it off.) So, I can't even leave my house at night.
I've decided to use my bedroom window, but I'm on the second floor. I need tips on how to take the fall with minimal pain (like how do I position my legs, ect.) and how would I get back up to my window? Thanks to anyone who can help.
|
|
#237
 2003-09-10, 10:58
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
It's about time I contributed...
This won't make the impact too much easier, but hold onto the windowsill with both hands and keep a good grip, swing your legs out, position yourself so that you're hanging with your body flat against the wall, then let go. Also, keep in mind that you need to have your legs slightly bent before hitting the ground to reduce chances of breaking them. This will make a *thud*
|
|
#238
 2003-09-10, 11:07
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Speedster:
Hey, nice topic Infrared.
Well, I'm a little reluctant to say this around you "pros", but I need some help. You see, I have a security system on my house that says the name of the door that opened when you try to open a door. (It also says "Disarmed" when you try to turn it off.) So, I can't even leave my house at night.
I've decided to use my bedroom window, but I'm on the second floor. I need tips on how to take the fall with minimal pain (like how do I position my legs, ect.) and how would I get back up to my
window? Thanks to anyone who can help. What kind of ground is beneath you; dirt, gravel, grass, etc? Are there any obstructions, such as shrubs or flower beds, or is it just a clear shot? If you have some rope, all you have to do is tie it VERY well (I suggest you read up on knots if you don't know how to tie a good one) to something heavy and solid in your room, and climb/slide down it. You should tie many big knots in it for the trip back up, but it still takes strength - if you're not sure if you have enough to climb it, try it sometime during the day, without arousing suspicion.
As for what to anchor it to, this is sketchy. No bedposts, they might break on you. If you bed has a metal frame underneath, you might tie the rope to a very solid part of it (not the wheel/leg).
An alternative is to purchase an emergency escape ladder; essentially just a flexible ladder that hooks onto your window sill, for use as a means of fire escape (duh), but you can use it for your ops. I woul do that, but you have to be able to get it without arousing suspicion, and find a place to store it. Google "emergency fire escape ladder" or something similar. The other problem; they're seldom cheap. You could also try a very long piece of cargo netting (www.cheaperthandirt.com check around. They sell many good ropes there too).
Whatever you do, you probably shouldn't jump unless you really know how to land and how it will feel. Tell me more about the surface underneath your window, and the approx. distance from window to ground (I'm assuming anywhere from 12-20 feet).
-Infrared
|
|
#239
 2003-09-10, 11:56
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
can't you just disable the alarm? One day just fake getting really angry at it or something and ask your parents how to turn it off? You could pretend to do something outside for a minute before your parents go to bed, then prop the door open mabye?
Also you could try putting a magnet between the connectors, but I'm not sure if this would work.
Things to think about when jumping out of window: How will you get back in?
[This message has been edited by squash (edited 09-10-2003).]
|
|
#240
 2003-09-10, 16:37
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, sorry about forgetting to describe my situation a little better, but it was late.
Ok, I'm on the second floor in my house, and the front porch's roof is right outside my window. Now, this may sound like a good thing, since you figure I have more room to drop off, but it's not a good thing. You see, my dad put a weird gutter thing around the rim of the roof,(it's supposed to block leaves and stuff, but let water through.) and I can't hang off the edge of it because it will break for sure. And as we all know, we're not supposed to leave traces of evidence behind.
The ground below is a mulch bed, but it's really old and has mostly eroded away, so we can say it's just dirt. There are a few little bushes below, the spiky, "Holly" bush type, but I think I can avoid them fairly easily.
So, to sum this all up, I can't hang from the window, because the roof is right there, and I can't hang from the roof because of the gutter. I'll have to think of something else...
|
|
#241
 2003-09-10, 16:42
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I can't disable the alarm because right before my mom and dad go to bed, they turn it on. If I try to
turn it off, it makes three loud "beeps" and says "Disarmed, ready to arm." It's rather loud, and the
alarm is right by their bedroom. I know the code to turn it on/off, but it announces whatever
happens, so it's useless. This would be sooo easier without that stupid thing. =(
|
|
#242
 2003-09-10, 17:03
|
|
Regular
|
|
Humboldt County High
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Speedster:
Hey, nice topic Infrared.
Well, I'm a little reluctant to say this around you "pros", but I need some help. You see, I have a security system on my house that says the name of the door that opened when you try to open a door. (It also says "Disarmed" when you try to turn it off.) So, I can't even leave my house at night.
I've decided to use my bedroom window, but I'm on the second floor. I need tips on how to take the fall with minimal pain (like how do I position my legs, ect.) and how would I get back up to my window? Thanks to anyone who can help. ..a rope?
|
|
#243
 2003-09-10, 17:30
|
Thadeus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
OK, I know this is a little bit off the topic. But night ops still require the skills of lockpicking (except
if you want to leave traces and do not give a damn about damaging a lock). So I was wondering...
how long did it take you guys to open your first 5-pin pin tumbler lock? From the moment you tried
it and to the moment you opened a few locks with ease. And how much time does it take you to
open it?
Please don't say "lockpicking requres special ninja skills http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif" just the numbers (and units http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif)
Ah and btw... I know a good tek if the lock has pins on the top:
Put a blank key in the lock so all the pins are in all the way. Then you spray the lock with liquid nitrogen (well, what did you expect, to be easy? http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif). This will freaze the pins. Then you heat a long metal needle so it gets red-hot and touch key pins with it. Key pins will fall down but the driver pins will stay freezed. The lock should turn now.
It's a nice tek, but getting hold of liquid nitrogen can be a bitch. Maybe some other stuff will do the trick. Dry ice may be cold enough. Or fast expending gas.
Sorry for any mistakes, I haven't eaten for days.
|
|
#244
 2003-09-10, 17:30
|
Speedster | 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
+_
_\
(^Crappy drawing of my set up.) Window is the "+" and the other part is my roof, under the window. So, as you can see, if I put a rope through my window, it would be tight up against the gutter thing. I tried it before and it almost broke. So, what I'm going to try to do is build a sort of ladder type thing and lean it up against my house and then get onto the roof from there. Here's a better pic:
(Ladder or whatever I make is the "*" line.
______________________________
/______________________________\
| ___ ___ |
| * _|_|________|_|____ | <-2nd floor
| */___________________\ | <-roof
| *| | | | | <-1st floor
| *| | | | |
So, if I make a way to get in and out, what should I do? I need to make something that can be easily concealed, like a fold up ladder. Only I would need instructions or something to build it. Oh yeah, I can't go out and buy one because I'm broke, and also my parents would wonder why I am bringing home a ladder. Maybe I could just build a ramp? (I'm thinking out loud here so just bear with me) I could easily get a ramp set up, but it would be hard to hide a big ramp and get it back through the window. I'll keep thinking, and any ideas are welcome.
|
|
#245
 2003-09-10, 17:41
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
(Ignore all the "." they are there as place holders.)
.________________________....................
/________________________\...................|...._ __........___.....|....................
|.*._|_|________|_|__...|..<-2nd floor.......
|.*/_________________\..|..<-roof............
|.*|.....|.....|.....|..|..<-1st floor.......
|.*|.....|.....|.....|..|....................
DAMMIT!!! Forget it, I can't draw.
Ok, I think (hope) that will work.
[This message has been edited by Speedster (edited 09-10-2003).]
[This message has been edited by Speedster (edited 09-10-2003).]
|
|
#246
 2003-09-10, 17:56
|
DavidBoren 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I dont that kind of stuff, just not nearly to the extent you do. I live in a little town, so everyone knows everyone that kinda shit. Anyways, I just walk around at night, usually walking in to town from my house 5 miles away, and just wait for the cops to see me. As soon as they do, I run. Im in it strickly for the chase. I do nothing wrong... considering Im 18 so curfew doesnt apply. They chase me, but they never catch me. Its just fun. Pure, innocent fun. I never go into garages or houses, mainly because everyone around here has a gun, or seven.
|
|
#247
 2003-09-10, 18:43
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Speedster, what about a ground floor window? Are they also attached to the alarm system? Do
you have any patio/french doors that aren't connected up?
What about some box or something that will allow you to climb onto the first floor roof? There's probably an easier way that a ladder.
Oh, and about the pin and tumbler lock ; It didn't take me long. I'd read alot about it, and just played around in my room. It was one of those red safe boxes, and I can open it in less than a 1/4 of a minute with a bit of luck.
|
|
#248
 2003-09-10, 19:33
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Evilduck: I thought of that too, but all the first floor windows are connected to the alarm system. =(
Also, I have to be able to take whatever I use to get in my room with me, so I won't leave evidence behind. Now, I could tie a rope or something around the box and bring it in my window, but that seems to be a little too much trouble. I've been thinking about making a rope ladder. Anyone happen to have any plans/tips for those?
|
|
#249
 2003-09-11, 00:45
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
crack open a window before they set the alarm?
say you're going to sleep at a friends house? (don't specify and walk out)
Stick a few magnets around the alarm, or try and break it?
Are you sure they'd wake up? You could experiment by opening the door and seeing if they'd wake up mabye.
|
|
#250
 2003-09-11, 01:52
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
With this alarm, it won't go on if a window/door is open. It says fault [whatever door/window] and
then they would just close that door or window and set it like normal.
Well, I don't really want to explain, but my mom is super paranoid. She doesn't let me sleep over much at all. Only in the summertime and only if she really knows the family. She wouldn't even let me sleepover when I was younger.
I've contemplated putting heavy duty duct tape around the alarm speaker, but seeing as how it's right next to their room, it will make lots of noise. Besides, my dad is a really light sleeper. When I was younger, and would do little "night ops" to the kitchen and computer room, he would catch me sometimes. It turns out he would hear tiny little creaks in the floor and come to inspect. The amazing thing is, it was on the complete opposite side of the house! To avoid this, I memorized EVERY SINGLE LOOSE FLOORBOARD IN THE HOUSE. It took awhile, but now I'm free to do whatever I want at night in my own house. But, I'm bored of that and want to explore the outside world. :P
Anyways, I'm going to try and build a rope ladder. I need to just find the materials (there are a lot of construction sites around my house) and I can begin building it.
|
|
#251
 2003-09-11, 03:09
|
BongIt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey red',bio, and duck...i havent been on totse for a while because i was almost shot with a 10 guage shot gun in the middle of my first ops. i was on the other side of my nabers barn and i was crawling to get to a better vantage point to do some recon on their house. and all of a sudden a barrel was sticking in the middle of my back and he grabed me by my hair and dragged me to his garage. after that he threw me onto the concreat and turned on 3 flood lights and asked me who i was and why i was on his property. so i said i was looking for my dog but that was a little weird considering i was in my hunting boots, woodlands BDUs, my hunting knife and my binoculers. so i said i was a bet at school and he grabed me and took me to my house and pounded on the door for about 5 mins at about 2:30 in the morning. my dad took me and intaragated me for about a
half hour and let me go to bed and i wasent able to get online for a week. i have to work for his horse farm for 50 hours until we are even...so i learned a lesson my first time....be extremly carful. he told me that he was coming home form coon hunting and he found me by his barn.
oh yeah...this is all thereretical and i take no responsability of anyhting that happens with this information...(sp?)
B_I
|
|
#252
 2003-09-11, 08:59
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I think of it as a test of one's own ability to adapt to a situation requiring a balance of stealth and speed. It's almost like a primal urge for the hunt if you think about it. That, and people today have been exposed to so much "spy" shit in the media. Haven't you ever wanted to pull a Mission Impossible-style infiltration?
|
|
#253
 2003-09-11, 11:19
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I enjoy it, so why should we care if it seems childish? It's not hurting anyone, more intresting than
sleeping and good if you're curious about the insides of some place.
Speedster: Well perhaps your first night-time op can just be getting out of the house? Are sure they have every window alarmed? Even the basement?
You could try going on night-ops in late evening. How old are you anyway? If your parents are this protective and paranoid, perhaps you can just talk to them?
|
|
#254
 2003-09-11, 11:58
|
Daze 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Here's how to make a very basic rope ladder if anyone's still interested -
Rope Ladder
http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/ropeladder.gif" width="90" height="90
Edit - Meh, the picture turned out shitty so here's the link
http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/ladder.html
[This message has been edited by Daze (edited 09-11-2003).]
|
|
#255
 2003-09-11, 17:57
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Speedster go for that rope ladder, and just get yourself outside and walk around a bit.
I also spotted a primary school today on the bus ; it's a fair bit away but it might be worth it. Those places are usually gaurded with nothing but a regular 5 pin, pin and tumbler. I actually used to go to that school so it'll be alot of fun to go walk around again. I wouldn't mind checking out the staff room ; NO ONE exept staff ever got a look in there.
What are all you planning lately?
-evilduck
It should go unsaid, but everything in this post was of course, entirely fictional. No threat is expressed or implied!
Thadeus
2003-09-11 18:20
My friend TEDDY has 3 plans for his future ops:
1. grammar school
2. pub
3. camera shop
But TEDDY is a robber. Not a big one, just takes some stuff and leaves. For instance if there would be 900 diamons on the table he would only take 5 of them. He's not a greedy bitch. TEDDY wants to do the pub first. But they have those zig-zag locks. And TEDDY did not get a lockpick set yet. So TEDDY has to wait a little bit for the pub. The school has windows open just a bit. But enough for TEDDY. And the camera shop has something like a warded lock, but 3 times bigger. TEDDY will think about it. And TEDDY asked me to ask around if those zig-zag pin tumbler locks are difficult to pick and if you can get your pick in the keyway?
I do not go on ops with TEDDY. I do not support his actions nor encourage them.
[This message has been edited by Thadeus (edited 09-11-2003).]
[This message has been edited by Thadeus (edited 09-11-2003).]
|
|
#256
 2003-09-11, 18:27
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yes, I agree, my first real night op should just be getting in and out of the house, with just sort of a
walk around the neighborhood or something. Gotta work my way up, right? ;-P
Well, every downstairs window is armed, and I don't have a basement. My bedroom window is the only window in the whole house I can possibly use. 1.) because it doesn't have a screen on it, 2.) I can close my bedroom door so it minimizes sound, and 3.) the porch roof lessens the drop to the ground.
I'm 15, 16 in about a month, but they are extremely overprotective. They don't even let me see PG-13 movies without them consulting some "Super Christian" movie review site. It sucks. I'm supposed to be asleep a 9:00 in the evening so I can not reason with them for more time. Believe me, I've tried.
Daze: Hey, thanks for the rope ladder stuff! I'll get to work on that as soon as I can get a ton of rope. If I can't find enough rope I'm gonna try to use wooden pegs for steps and let a lesser amount of rope hold the pegs in. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
|
|
#257
 2003-09-11, 18:56
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thad, it depends on how big the zig-zagged lock is. Some of those are pretty hard to be able to
move the pick around in, and pick the pins. Tell 'teddy' to go raking with his snake picks.
|
|
#258
 2003-09-12, 02:36
|
Corallis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey everyone,
Recently a friend of mine happened to find himself inside of the Massachusetts State Mental Hospital in Northampton, Mass. He was in there for about 6 to 8 hours, attempting to find a way out. While he was in there he noticed several asbestos warning signs, but continued on anyways. The whole building was very calm, and there wasnt really any dust floating visibly in the air, as nothing ever goes in there. Basically, we were wondering if he has anything to worry about, health wise. First of all, is asbestos a kind of material that "settles" so that it isnt floating in the air
unless its roused? Or will it be found in the air no matter how long its been left alone? Also, with 6-8 hours of exposure should my friend be worried? Thanks for the info.
|
|
#259
 2003-09-12, 02:44
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
How does one get lost in a mental hospital..anyway, irrespective of that; there isn't too much to
worry about if you say there was no visible dust in the air, but I'm not sure if microscopic asbestos
fibers can linger. Inhaling the fibers in the asbestos can give you lung cancer, surely you know.
They get into your lungs and irritate the tissues. Next time, a NIOSH-approved respirator should
be used; find them at paint supply stores and the like.
-Infrared
|
|
#260
 2003-09-12, 07:20
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm assuming this mental hospital was abandoned? Tell your friend he probably doesn't have anything to worry about, but a respirator would be a wise investment if he plans to go around there again.
|
|
#261
 2003-09-12, 19:37
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well, it's a friday, and i'm going to into town, and i'll probably get back late so I might have a little
op going tonight if i'm not too drunk. Probably just a walk around, and nothing else ; I'm going to
go to the primary school tomorrow, so i'll let you all know what goes on there.
The old mental hostpital? scary as fuck, eh?
I hate places like that.
|
|
#262
 2003-09-13, 06:08
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
My close friend, and another friend are planning an op into the high school. They need the best ways in. What do you guys think thier best ways to get in are? One of them suggested the vents. The other one thought it might be a good idea. But the other one said "Why don't we just hide in the school for a while until everyone leaves?" My close friend said that it was stupid because it sounds like it.
OK. Now what kind of stuff would my friends need to bring? They were thinking of going to take the schools money. The school has a bank, store, and of course a lunchroom. They were wanting to know what they do with all the money? Perhaps a safe inside the bank? Oh, and there's cameras in the store. So if there's a combination safe, my friend was thinking of a drill because he's learning to crack safes. If it's a safety deposit box he thought he could just smash it. And one of these friends is kind of afraid of rats, would there be alot of rats in the vents? They thought that maby a pellet gun would do the trick.
But then, they wonder how they could into the vents, so they thought the drill again. But then they think that the vents might be high up on the outside of the school.... any ideas?
Oh, and they were thinking that if there's someway to get into the school systems computers that they could get a layout of the school. They already know where everything is, they just don't know where the vents lead to.
They were thinking that maby one of them could have a portable scanner with them and one piece of an earpiece in an ear incase the police get wind of what's going down.
Can anyone else think of anything else they'd need to bring?
What other kind of training do should they be prepared for? What kind of precautions should they take?
Oh yea, they were thinking of wearing dark blue jump suits, masks, and boots. They didn't know if laytex or leather gloves would be better.
P.S. I know it's alot of questions but I've never been on an op before and I don't want to get caught. Thanks in advance.
|
|
#263
 2003-09-13, 10:50
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I don't know if they vents is a good idea. They're usually only big enough to fit through in movies.
If you can however get into the vents I guess it would be cool. I don't think any rats would be
there, seeing as the vents are usually high up and sealed with grates.
Would it to be easier to hide inside of school, rather than crawl through vents? Where are you going to hide?
How are you getting out? Do you have an plan/route sorted? Do you have an emergency plan/route sorted? Is it best to leave on foot? ...and if you do, are you going to be seen running through the neighbour hood in jump suits? Have a regular set of clothes under the coveralls, and when your out, take them off along with the mask's etc.. and just look like your going around for walk.
What time are you going in? How long will it take? Do you know where ALL the cameras are? Does the school have any alarms they set in the night? What possible traces of your break in will be left?
I'm not asking you to answer these questions, but just think about the answers. I could go on for ages, but this should get you started. Think of the operation fully, planning every step to be sure you don't mess up.
As for the gloves, go for leather. Don't tell ANYBODY about this, otherwise your bound to be fucked.
-evilduck
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 09-13-2003).]
|
|
#264
 2003-09-13, 12:39
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yea, latex gloves are fine for precision work, but your hands get all sweaty and shit.
Perhaps you could think about burning it down after? destroy all evidence and stuff...
My school has cameras everywhere, as well as outside. I suppose running fast at them then stabbing into the lens would do the trick. As for the outside ones I read a laser-pointer should be ok. You can always find where the records are kept and destroy them.
Have an escape plan. They might have silent alarms. Remember a lock-pick kit, they'll probably lock the doors. That or you could just smash through them.
The vents are a bad idea. Unless they look very big, I'd stay in school. Think about it. Crawling on your elbows through a tiny square, suspended about 10ft off the ground. It could collapse, you could have a panic attack...
Be smart. Stay in school.
Might just be a better idea to get someone with a van, park it outside wherever they keep the money, then smash the windows, get the money(or safe) and run.
At the end of the day they'll probably round up all the money and keep it in a safe, so don't bother running around the school unless you want to break shit. So long as you know where the safe is, security and have an escape plan you shouldn't fuck up too badly.
There won't be any plans of the school on the computer. Why would they? And if you get caught it could attract un-wanted attention.
|
|
#265
 2003-09-13, 13:28
|
Thadeus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I like to carry these with me:
http://www.pizzini.at/shop/media/49-UC1255_ShoulderThrowing.jpg" width="90" height="90
But that's just me http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#266
 2003-09-13, 15:34
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thanks to those that you guys have answered for my friends.
To evilduck: They know that the vents would be big enough for me because they've seen them from the inside. And they were wondering if they got caught with a pellet gun if they were caught, would that get them in more trouble? Because my friend wathced "Mission Impossible" the other day and a rat in the vent almost fucked up the whole mission he says.
And not my close friend, but my other friend said they should hide in the trash cans. Lol. And they're planning it on Halloween. And they're pretty sure that the teachers don't leave until about 7 or 8. What they're going to do, is have the equipment they need in a trash bag making it look like they're trick or treating. And then maby stay in the bushes for a while until they see everyone leaving.
They have over a month to plan. I know that sometimes a month can't be to long. Because my close is getting ready to leave for his job(which his money is going towards some equipment), and sometimes time is very valuable. So they figure they can head inside at maby midnight. And they figure if they want to take scales(maby, maby not, if time permits), the cash, and maby a few chemicals. Now, they're also pretty sure that they put all the money in a safe after school. So the cameras are only in the school store as far as I know. And they won't enter there. They're not sure about alarms. If so, they don't think they'd be all over the place like "Mission Impossible". Maby just if the door is broken into.
The traces they think they could leave are: 1) DNA- Which they don't think if they didn't, shit, piss, or eat or drink anything, they'd be OK.
They figure it shouldn't take any longer than 40 minutes. They don't know because they've never been on an op before, so how long do you think they should take?
And, they're going to plan everything out. Oh yea, thanks for the type on the gloves.
As for squash: I doubt they'd want to torche the place, lol.
Are the cameras that you have at your school hidden? And if someone or something is seen in them, an alarm wouldn't go off would it?
They'll have an escape plan. Instead of sneaking out, they were thinking of gettting another friend, who is 18 to rent them a hotel for the night. And they'd tell their parents that they were going to a Halloween party for the night. And then they could eiter walk there or get a ride there. And would they need a ride back or could they just walk out? They know if the cops were coming they'd be fucked.
And with the vents, they're big enough to hold them. THey just cannot find them outside the school.
But the safe might be bolted down. If so, they couldn't smash and run. And they think the bank is in the library which they think there's no windows in there.
P.S. My friend was thinking for an escape plan, tehy could enter the boiler room and see if there's a sewer lead to it. Do you think that there'd be a sewege system down there? Cause they think that'd be cool as the vent idea.
Let them go over the list and tell me if their missing anything:
1. Blue jumpsuits(with Halloween costumes underneath them)
2. Ski masks(with thier face panted underneath them.
3. Leather gloves
4. Drill
5. Pellet gun
6. Trash bags
Is this all they'll need? Oh, and they said just incase, they'll leave everthing without finger prints on them. They know that if they left the leather gloves, they'd be fucked though.
|
|
#267
 2003-09-13, 16:04
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You're friends could dress up as janitors. Since it's halloween if they needed a quick costume just put on a hockey-mask and be jason, plus they have a sort of excuse if they get caught. Chances are the safe is rigged up to an alarm for a security company. Also there's no point if the safe was emptyed a few days ago.
The vents are probably on the roof. That's a bad idea really, you'd get really hot and probably make a lot of noise. Plus the vents could suddenly shrink and then what? How are you going to turn around?
The cameras at my school aren't hidden. But also consider this: Would it matter? If you're covered head-to-toe in clothes, you shouldn't worry. Also your friends should stop watching movies; do you think finger-prints alone matter if you don't have a record? Also I doubt they'd go to the trouble of dna matching if you just stole a couple of hundred. Bear in mind though that they probably will check everyone in the school for prints and shit.
If the cops came, you'd still need an escape plan. Even if it involves fighting the cops and running down a stream, you'll need a basic escape plan. Or at least somewhere to hide until you can break out of a window and run somewhere.
Sewers are usually very small. Also think about water and crap. You need some better contigency plans.
Take a knife and some spray-paint (check for cameras?). Also some tape if you need to break a window silently. Mabye you could organize it so some other friends cause a diversion like set something on fire, or a spotter outside.
Overall I think it'd be a better idea to rob a store or something or at least do a bit of training, but if you think you could crawl through vents, rob a safe then escape through the sewers on your first
night op, good luck.
|
|
#268
 2003-09-14, 01:42
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Good idea about the janitor and Jason halloween costumes. But what kind of excuse could we have if they got caught? Say we were janitors? They don't look old enough for that. And they don't think that it's rigged up to an alarm. How could it be rigged to an alarm? They've never hear of a safe being rigged. I guess they don't watch enough TV. Oh, and what are you talking about the safe being empty a couple of days ago?
Thanks for telling me that the vents would be on the roof. They said they don't care if they get hot. And to be honest, they don't think they'd get smaller either because they seen the vents from inside. So if they're big enough for them to fit through on the roof, they're sure that it probably won't shrink, then get bigger again. And they could turn around if it does.
The reason they were wanting to know if the cameras were hidden is because if they are, then their school could have them hidden. And if they get finger prints of my friends, and then somehow my friends are suspects, they could match the finger prints. Even you said that later in your paragraph. But no, they have no record. Once again, my friends like to take all the right precautions so they would just leave the food alone and not piss or shit.
They know they'd need an escape plan, I told you that earlier. They are going to work every detail to it.
Now they've seen alot of sewers. For example, everywhere they go they see sewers that they could pop out of. But let me be honest with you, I doubt they'd crawl through a sewer the size of a vent because they're not that desperate for money. But how come one movies like "The Score" and "Harley Davison And The Marblo Man" they have sewers to fit trucks in them. They really like this plan of the sewer. So tell me, do you think that there would be a good size sewer anywhere in the school? And if so, would there be animals down there? Jaguars aren't down there are they? I heard that before and they don't think any pellet gun would take care of them.
They'll take a knife and some spray paint. But they have a friend(They've never met) on my msn who is trying to explain to them how to make a camera loop. But they doubt cameras will be anywhere in the school besides the store. And are you talking about a fire somewhere else on the other side of town? Perhaps a small salute detonated by a RC controller? Or maby a simple cigarette or incent.
OK. What do you think they'd be better off robbing a store for? Stores have security cameras and systems, they have extra hard locks, bigger safes, and harder to get in and out. One of my not to close friends suggested robbing a tobacco barn. He thinks that you can cut a hole in the roof because it's a tobacco barn. I try and tell him that it's not really like a barn roof but he must not believe me. And I feel like your making fun of them by asking if they can crawl through vents, rob a safe, then escape through sewer. Just because they haven't been on an op before, doesn't mean they're not able to crack a safe and crawl through things.
If you were to plan this op, how would you do it? I know that you said you'd rather rob a store, but if you were going to do this one.
|
|
#269
 2003-09-14, 03:25
|
UnKnown 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm goin on a run in a couple of hours. I'm gonna wear a pair of dark blue coveralls and all i'm
takin is a flashlight. There's no real goal in this. I'm just goin to see what i can see. I wish i had my
beige box cuz there's plenty of phreaking opportunities around here. Anyway, I'll be ending this
pointless post now. I'll try not to get shot.
|
|
#270
 2003-09-14, 12:34
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
bump-bump-bump buuuuuump
anyway
The sewers were probably big enough because it was a plot device. Try opening a drain cover and wondering if you could crawl through it. Also think about all the wet/dried shit everywhere as well as the health problems of swallowing some piss. Also if it had rained recently you'll probably drown, and if a cop smelled 2 guys who smelt like shit, he'd probably try to arrest you for being drunk or something stupid.
I meant any diversion. Have your friends have a huge halloween party on some public land, the police will be fairly busy. Or set fire to some old abandoned building near others.
If I were to do it, me and my friend would just stay behind after school, then hide in a closet or something. If you get caught just say you're gay or something. Anyway, wait until everyones left then sneak out. Go to the library and crack the safe, then just run out of the back door/break window and hide somewhere.
Don't bother with that camera-loop shit. Have you ever seen the quality of school cameras? If you just keep dancing around and wear a mask there usually useless, the picture is shitty anyway. Shit, I bet you could probably steal the cameras and get a bit for them.
I meant if they needed money that badly just rob a store on the last-shift where everyones halfasleep. Just walk in, start talking then stab them. Rob whatever money is in the counter and run.
|
|
#271
 2003-09-14, 18:02
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Thadeus:
I like to carry these with me:
http://www.pizzini.at/shop/media/49-UC1255_ShoulderThrowing.jpg" width="90" height="90
But that's just me http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif throwing knifes? dirty. =P
|
|
#272
 2003-09-14, 20:53
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Plot device? Like they made it that way for the movie? But I guess overall your right. They might be better off staying inside the school like you and my other friend suggested. If they were to make a diversion, they'd probably soak a building in gasoline, and setup a salute of some sort for about 20 minutes. They don't think they'd ask their friends to throw a big party and get caught.
Now if they were to hide in school, how would they get their equipment? How would they get the drill? How would they get their masks? Here's what they could do, now point out any errors that this would have in it. They could: Stash a drill in their locker a day or two before, stash a jumpsuit and masks in the tiles a few days before. Would they need anything else or is anything wrong with that?
|
|
#273
 2003-09-14, 21:16
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
sounds ok to me, though I don't see why you don't just put them in your bags on the day? (unless your school requires see-through bags or checks them) ?
|
|
#274
 2003-09-14, 21:38
|
LeggoEggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The school that those guys go to allow no bags whatsoever. Some girls get away with small bags or purses. And some teachers pets and jockies get away with sport bags if they have a game or something. Other than that, for average smoes like them, they can't have a bag.
See, now it's going to be hard for them to get the drill in. If they can sneak it in a book. Or maby a cargo pant pocket? And with the jumpsuites, that'll be kinda hard too. Maby more cargo pants, a mask in one, and a jump suit in the other pocket.
What do you guys think?
|
|
#275
 2003-09-14, 21:51
|
BloodBath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i'm a new member and need tips on covert spying it's for legiamit purpuses and info you have will
help alot i have some training in conselment with the Royal Canadian. Army Cadets or R.C.A.C.
need tips on gathering intel i can help you all with under standing how a military patrol works
|
|
#276
 2003-09-14, 21:54
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
-Wear jump-suit under clothes
-Mask in one pocket
The drill can't be that hard. The harder, more safer way, would be to un-screw it and take it in piece by piece, but then you'd need time to put it back together (if you can at all)
the next option is to take off the battery and drill-head, hide in under your clothes and just dump it in a locker early in the morning or something. If it's possible hide it in a bush somewhere then get it at dinner.
|
|
#277
 2003-09-15, 05:43
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I neglected to mention that I'm on a bit of a weekend vacation here, and I've done a couple ops
around my hotel, and some other areas. I'll post more when I'm back home, and not getting
fucked by my ISP for using their nationwide access number
-Infrared
Disclaimer: The preceding post is entirely fictitious
|
|
#278
 2003-09-16, 10:14
|
uncle_boom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey all, another new guy here. Anyways, this post has me inspired to do night ops too, but I have a minor problem. I live in a rather large city (Houston to be exact), and here it NEVER gets completely dark (damn city lights) and the streets are very well lit. Plus another bad thing is that my neighborhood has a number of idiot wannabe gang bangers so the cops patrol here kinda often. I'd be okay once I got out of direct vicinity of my neighborhood, but doing that without grabbing attention will be interesting. Anyone else have this kind of problem? If so, how do you get around it?
|
|
#279
 2003-09-16, 17:32
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by uncle_boom:
Hey all, another new guy here. Anyways, this post has me inspired to do night ops too, but I have a minor problem. I live in a rather large city (Houston to be exact), and here it NEVER gets completely dark (damn city lights) and the streets are very well lit. Plus another bad thing is that my neighborhood has a number of idiot wannabe gang bangers so the cops patrol here kinda often. I'd be okay once I got out of direct vicinity of my neighborhood, but doing that without grabbing attention will be interesting. Anyone else have this kind of problem? If so, how do you get around it? Car?
|
|
#280
 2003-09-16, 19:29
|
Aeneid 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
eat about 80 mgs of cyclobenzaprine, wash it down with a six pack of NewCastle, run through the streets in a drug induced haze causing as much damage as possible, go home and masturbate, then most likely die
|
|
#281
 2003-09-17, 12:40
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This thread of mine is turning into the fucking Home Shopping network.
Every time one shits on my thread, with posts like the one above this one, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens. Thank you.
-Infrared
|
|
#282
 2003-09-18, 00:44
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey all still havn't done the "paper mill" ops cos of my injuries. The fucking army has sent me a date for selection but i can't make it.
I've been thinking of useful kit to take on my "paper mill" ops and i came up with a square piece of navy carpet roll it up and it fits perfectly in the top of any small daysac, eh what else ? Oh yeah i have invested in a hand held scanner, and that's kept me busy it picks up most cab radios, police, security and paramedics it also pics up signals from the airfield nearby maybe i should do an op there the only thing is the area around the strip is alarmed seismic sensors (is that what they're called)any idea's ? ofcorse i won't go out on any ops until my leg and ankle have properly healed and my lower body strength and fitness is back to normal.
|
|
#283
 2003-09-19, 01:15
|
Trench Coat Mafia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey guys, sorta newb to the posting but ive been reading for like, 2 years now, but ya, i was
reading this one forum for the past 2 days, and guys, you inspired me....i mean, this weekend or
something, ill just go wandering around and doing some sort of little op in the middle of the
night....hope you get well soon sam....wat ever happened to the guy whos dad was supposedly a
cia anyway????
anyhow, thats all i had to say so ya, later people
|
|
#284
 2003-09-20, 03:50
|
Nonexistant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm back in school but anyways tonight, I'm going to hopefully sneak around my house and maybe go into the neighbors yard and move their newspaper or something simarlary harmless or maybe just touch the side of their home.
A guide is a good idea but they are tedious to write and you would have to include Urban and Suburban areas in it at the least.
If you are extremely nervous of being caught outside you can conquer this at least one way and this is: Bring along a trusted person a few times and if they are of lower skill level then you will teach them some things and you will become used to the sounds of the night faster and will become better at what you are doing(since teaching makes you better at what you teach.
Another way is stay in a covert place and listen to sounds and look around for a few hours from that one spot. This will force you to get used to sounds and sights of the night. Also to become used to moving around just do something short like move across the edge of your yard and back.
A tip: When moving around try to stay away from light and open spaces. Light will destroy your natural night vision. Open spaces give a distinct silhouette and usually have more light, while as the outer edges or closed spaces have less light and do not silhoutte you as well unless there is light shining on your backdrop.
Another thing too add to the nervousness paragraphs is there are animals out there and if you are not aware of your surroundings one may come up to you and scare you. An example of this would be a Cat you dont hear them coming but they can scare you. If you do get scared, just remember it is highly unlikely that anything will try and hurt you.
Racoons are noisy when climbing gates/fences They sound as though people who are very weak are trying to climb it. Scared me seriously one time.
Also if you are in Suburban areas alot of homes have perches up about 12ft on there climineys which would be an excellent place to do recon from, if you can get up into one.
Going on to people roof's is a terrible idea since most are only built to withstand snow and someone walking on it. But it is very likely the people inside(if any) will hear someone walking on their roof.
Try not to walk through dirt, expecially flowerbeds or gardens. This will leave footprints.
If you walk across a deck do not put weight on each foot, but instead only put it on one foot at a time. This will prevent your weight from constantly shifting thus making the boards squeak, crack, or pop.
Trees are also a good hiding place but only if you can get into them silently and without disturbing the tree(causing it to shake or move)
The ideal weather for recon is clear or cloudy skies with no fog.
For an actual operation you will probably want rain or just fog maybe even snow but that will leave footprints.
I appoligise for any repeats of any previous post by any of you, spelling errors, grammar errors.
This text penned above does not imply that anything will happen, has happend. All of my posts including this one are for pure educational purposes only and the user of any techniques, ideas, etc. will not hold me responsible for there actions for the misuse of the information provided.
Nonexistant..
|
|
#285
 2003-09-20, 06:59
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i broke my arm. i cant type well with one arm but once it starts to get better ill tell you guys what
happened.
-BioHunter-
|
|
#286
 2003-09-20, 08:03
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Another casualty!
/me disavows all knowledge of BioHunter
|
|
#287
 2003-09-20, 15:38
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BioHunter:
i broke my arm. i cant type well with one arm but once it starts to get better ill tell you guys what happened.
-BioHunterGet some of that Voice Recognition stuff.
When I broke my keyboard, I had to copy and paste each letter individually =\
Did you break your arm on a night op?
|
|
#288
 2003-09-21, 19:50
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm sure some of you have read the thread in Spurious Generalities about the Anarchists
Cookbook Rival, called the 'Compendium of the Curious Mind'. A subject under that in the revised
table of content is Night Ops. 'red, did you ever get your night ops text posted? Shall we put
together some files on the subject?
[This message has been edited by evilduck (edited 09-21-2003).]
|
|
#289
 2003-09-22, 01:08
|
TreasureHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey, first-time poster, long-time lurker.
Any of you ever try for places that have active security patrols (corporate buildings, malls)? If you went on CityFreq you can look up any private, local, state, or county radio frequency. Simply enter the location with a scanner set to the security frequency to know if you've been detected. If detected, switch to the the local police frequency to coordinate your escape.
It seems that this method/style is alot more "007/ M:I"-esque than slinking around abandoned locations like a ninja.
You may wish to consult the "Burglar Alarms 1,2, and 3" under "Scams and Rip-offs" for ideas on how to avoid, evade, bypass alarm & response systems.
BTW: Entering people's homes while they are home strikes me as excessively risky, when one's intent isn't larcenous or violent.
I break no laws.
|
|
#290
 2003-09-22, 04:23
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TreasureHunter:
Hey, first-time poster, long-time lurker.
Any of you ever try for places that have active security patrols (corporate buildings, malls)? If you went on CityFreq you can look up any private, local, state, or county radio frequency. Simply enter the location with a scanner set to the security frequency to know if you've been detected. If detected, switch to the the local police frequency to coordinate your escape.
It seems that this method/style is alot more "007/ M:I"-esque than slinking around abandoned locations like a ninja.
You may wish to consult the "Burglar Alarms 1,2, and 3" under "Scams and Rip-offs" for ideas on how to avoid, evade, bypass alarm & response systems.
BTW: Entering people's homes while they are home strikes me as excessively risky, when one's intent isn't larcenous or violent.
I break no laws.
What, so if the intent were larcenous or violent, it'd be less risky to you or something? that strikes me as excessively flawed. By the way, welcome to totse
Duck, I'll be writing the guide, and I posted that in the Spurious thread too. It won't be long
|
|
#291
 2003-09-22, 05:32
|
Speedster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I did it. I finally did my first night op. I took a ladder and climbed down my roof and I used it to get
back up again. I have a friend who said she would put the ladder away for me before the morning,
so that gets rid of the evidence.
It wasn't a very exciting night op, but it's a start. I just walked around my neighborhood and evaded cars. Kinda fun, but no real goal to it. I discovered how annoying dogs and automatic lights are. Anyone got any tips for those dogs? I thought I was gonna get caught for a while there! Anyways, it was fun but I hope to do more next time. Maybe I'll explore the woods in the back of the neighborhood. Supposed to be Satanic cults there at nighttime. Eh...maybe I'll bring a friend along in that case then. (You just never know with cults.)
[This message has been edited by Speedster (edited 09-22-2003).]
|
|
#292
 2003-09-22, 06:32
|
Stryker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm going on my first Night Op tonight. I have no real plan which bothers me a little (not to mention
I'm a little nervous) but I'll play this one by ear. I have a feeling I'll goto this arcade/go-cart track
and snoop around. If anyone can provide any ideas of places to go in about 2hrs (lol) I'd love it.
The only places near by are mainly fast-food so I don't have much for options. I might end up
inside the near by elementry school... who knows. It's raining somewhat hard here so I hope there
won't be anyone to really worry about. I'll let you guys know if anything interesting happens.
I wish I had a mill with security patrols like Sam to infiltrate that'd be a great rush. I once read how to cross a ploughed field but I can't find it now. If I do I'll post it.
Here are some things to consider when planning:
Mission.
Enemy Situation.
Terrain.
Weather.
Astronomical Conditions.
Distance.
Training.
Accompanying Equipment/Supplies.
I know those are pretty obvious but I figure it may help planning phases as that is how special forces plan their missions. I could of went into detail but I think it's pretty easy to figure out.
|
|
#293
 2003-09-24, 12:25
|
jay_dawg hey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i have been following this thread for quite a while now.It makes me wonder who creeps through
my backyard at night hey?hmmm.But you guys meen no harm...all good!
I am going to do one of my first night-time ops soon.I was thinkning about doing it alone and maybe staying around my house to get used to the noises of the night-as someone has previously posted.But i get already to leave and then i sorta dont want to go...pussy out so to speak,lol.I might do it with my best mate the first few timez....yeh,safer i spose.
I am only 13 so if i do run into a paedophile or something in the night a friend would be better to go get help?right?
You guys have pretty much posted everything i need to know but i do have something that may be a little bit usful.I have used this once before when i was being chased.It is like a ninja mask,you make it out of a tishirt.All you do is poke your head about half away through the neck hole.Pull the bottom over the top of your eyes and then pull the other hald of the bottm up just below your eyes,Then pull it back around the back of your head and tie.I know i have not really explained this the best but just sort of experiment with it. I have used this when i did not want them to see my face and i had no other option!Feel free to flame...i dont care I AM TIERD!!!And if you have a better way tell me!
Keep this thread going....we might get our own board?How many posts does that take?
Keep Real
Julz
the above information is 100% fictional.No actual events have ever taken place nor will they ever.It is written purely out of boredom and entertainment!
|
|
#294
 2003-09-25, 10:40
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, I haven't been posting much lately, here or anywhere else, a lot lately. Shit's all fucking up
lately; I've been perpetually drained of energy and life, and I've been slogging through a lot of
personal bullshit right now; it's a long story
My business complex op is on hiatus; I of course still plan to do it, but I need to find the willpower and time; it's honestly hard to concentrate on an op when you have the sting of rejection fresh in your mind; that's just one thing. I will do it though; one more trip out to the area with my digital camera/binoc combo will give me all the data I need. I just need to get a couple pictures of one more side, and of the surrounding area. With dangerous ops like this, I plan shit out VERY thoroughly: I have a big, flat table that I lay all my posted pics on in sequence, I plot out a pretty damn precise map and analyze the best waypoints and then label them on paper, think out my gear for the op, etc. This will only be my third "dangerous" op; the second one being the mountain op I posted about, and the first being a rich-fuck housing community I snuck into a couple years back; sometime, I'll post more on that one, it was great.
Anyway, my apologies for appearing to forsake my night op brethren, I'm still here, and still breathing, just dealing with some shit. I've also begun writing the op guide again, I'll finish it soon too. Anyway, I'm out
-Infrared
|
|
#295
 2003-09-26, 07:06
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by chinken:
any of ya eva see chix on ya ops(i meen naked chix) u kno like gettn changed and stuff?
No. Closest would be an old woman who kept walking around and looking out her window, for whatever reason. That turned into an MGS-esque crawling episode.
Damn paranoid old women.
Oh, and this isn't a 'chick', but more chick-esque; there was that thong I found in the empty house lying on the floor in the middle of the bedroom. It was fucking weird.
-Infrared
|
|
#296
 2003-09-26, 09:14
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I posted a thread about it, but it's probably long-gone, so I'll sum it up here: There was a recently-
vacated house on my block, so I got curious one moonlit, windy night and decided to explore. I
snuck over there and picked open the back door, then dug around. Nothing in the house
whatsoever; booooring. Not even anything to steal if burglary is your thing. I hit the last room, the
bedroom, and right in the middle of the room was a thong. Nothing else at all in the room; just a
goddamn pink thong. No, I didn't touch it or sniff it to see if it was worn or not. Hell, it's still
probably there; that house is still empty. It was fucking weird, because there was nothing else
around, and not a single door or window was opened, which can only mean...
some fellow operatives picked their way in like I did, and screwed on the floor!!
Or something. Maybe I should try to contact some operatives around here, but that might be hard.
-Infrared
Disclaimer: This is entirely fictitious. No threat is expressed or implied.
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 09-26-2003).]
|
|
#297
 2003-09-27, 06:16
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Once I was out on a nite op w/ my little bro, we were doing recon on certain houses so we werent
careful wen not near them, therefore we were walking down the road. Then we saw sum1 we
knew walking their dog and we were in full camo so we had to evade. We took a left turn onto a
road where all the houses had dogs. So we walk past the first house and the dog goes crazy,
which sets off a chain reaction all down the street. So my brother freaks out and goes to hide
behind a car. O f course the people look out side to see wat the racket is, and they see my bro
next the the car. They yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET AWAY FROM THE CAR!!!" Then
they started to come out of the house, so we took off down the road, but they got in their car and
chased us, so we went up someones driveway, right next to their house and hit the ground. Then
all these people walked by looking for us. I heard them say, "Someone tried to steal our car, I saw
them go to the side of the road, they probably jumped the fence and went to the road over." Then
one of them looked right at me, but that camo helped, they didnt see me. We waited awhile and
heard them racing up and down the road, then we heard them a roadd over, so we took our
chance. I dicided to go at seperate times so its less conspicuous. I told my bro to go down the
road and go a road over and up the other road. But hes dumass so he goes the wrong way and
goes up the other road. So he got caught and almost got beatup, but one of the guys mows our
lawn so he vouched for my brother and they let him go. What a lucky break. That was really scary
cuz I thought they were gonna shoot us. Luckily we didnt do anything illegal. I dont kno y i'm
posting this, so im going to bed.
|
|
#298
 2003-09-27, 19:05
|
|
Regular
|
|
SomeEverydayNobody
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I've heard many people say they wanna go out but have no real goal. Well, if you can't think of a
goal you like you can always settle for beige boxing. Basically try and make one call to a 1-800
number [no charges to the person of course].
For those who don't know, a beige box is a [very simple] device that allows you to connect to someones phone line from outside their house using their TNI [a box attached to the side of a house, put there by their TELCO]. Anyone can make a beige box, its VERY simple. Just google it for instructions.
I just thought this could be a good 'goal' if you can't come up with one yourself because it requires you to get to the house, tap the line, make a call, put everything back how it was, then get out of there unnoticed which can be somewhat of a challange. And if you want, you can use an ANI [an ANI is a number that when called tells you what the phone number of the phone you're calling from is] to make a list of all the phone numbers of all the houses on your block if you want more of a challange. You'll have to check google for a local ANI.
|
|
#299
 2003-09-27, 19:50
|
Nifareus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I was thinking about starting up my nightime ops again ......but then i was wondering what are the
legal consequences if caught out at night in someone else's yard.
|
|
#300
 2003-09-27, 20:26
|
|
Regular
|
|
SomeEverydayNobody
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Probably tresspassing so long as you truly weren't doing anything illegal [like trying to steal
something]. Though most people would probably bust your head open before calling the cops.
|
|
#301
 2003-09-28, 00:44
|
Kenshinssn4004 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Question about picklocking..
When you guys pratice picklocking like on your doors and cars etc does that get you sufficient pratice for other peoples stuff? i mean what im trying to say is if you can pick your deadbolt at your house does that mean you can pick someone elses? because i can pick my moms car in a matter of 7 seconds by using the raking method. but my sisters boyfriend came over with his mustang and while he was visiting i secreatly went outside and tried to pick the lock on his car and I couldent..but i onley had tried to for about 20 seconds. so anybody have any thoughts about this? cause i really want to go on one of these ops and be able to pick locks etc.
|
|
#302
 2003-09-28, 02:40
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
It's "lockpicking", dude...
Anyway; when it comes to cars, you'll find that they vary widely. Some have those anti-theft Passlock things, some use those double-sided keys, others don't. As for deadbolts and such, most of them are the same 5- or 6-pin, straight-rowed design, and are thusly quite easy to pick. Chances are, if you can pick your own, you can pick 'em all (of the same type, remember). Anyway, good luck on any ops, don't get pinched, and have fun
-Infrared
|
|
#303
 2003-09-29, 04:57
|
chinken 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
went on my op yesterday.Was about 12pm.Me and my friend got on the roof of the local shopping
centre.We found a glove gun up there and my friend decided it would be funny to shoot some
guys house across the road.So he shoots....smash!!!Shatered one of the glass panels on there
front door!!!We hid behind the airconditoning thing on the roof.The guy walked out an dlookd
around a bit then ma m8 decides it would be even funnier if he shot the guy!!!HE missed him but
hit the drain pipe next to him,a load thunk noise.Then the guy works out were this is coming from
and startes runnin towards the hsops,he is a pretty big guy to(me and ma mate r onli 13).He
spots us so we jump off the roof and run like fuck down allys and stuff back to davids(ma mate
).About an hour later we decide 2 see what was goin on outside,We snuke out again and went to
the guys house,there was 2 cops taking statements or soemthing,i duno but freake dus out!Was
fun tho.I cannot beleive how powerful those glove guns are!!!!!I know my story is pretty gay but
still!FUN FUN FUN!
|
|
#304
 2003-09-29, 12:47
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
glove gun is a glove finger on a length of pvc piping.
gaffa tape the finger down, make a handle if u want.
put fishing sinkers rocks etc down the pipe, pull back on finger, and enjoy!
|
|
#305
 2003-09-30, 23:21
|
CamoCougar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
im interested in this type of thing, it seems pretty cool, but before i go do anytrpe of ops i think im gonna get a cheep pellet pistol, likt the marksman dartgun.
|
|
#306
 2003-10-01, 03:40
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I still want the Talon SS suppressed pellet gun. It'd be perfect for shooting out cameras/lights.
That would leave a trace, I know, but sometimes you have to bend the rules. Besides, if you're
professional enough; people will just think some punk kid shot the light or winged a rock at the
camera; they won't know they were infiltrated.
-Infrared
|
|
#307
 2003-10-01, 21:10
|
CamoCougar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
http://www.webcom.com/airguns/AF_TalonSS.html
now thats a gun.
|
|
#308
 2003-10-01, 21:22
|
51 Cent 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
is there any .47 magnum pellet guns? I cant find any?
|
|
#309
 2003-10-02, 07:14
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Can you feel it, feel it in the air? Have you noticed that the days, while still warm, just feel crisper
lately? Have you noticed the first hints of that "fall" scent in the air? It's going to get real cold real
soon, guys. Winter is when I do more night ops than ever. I love an ice-cold, windy, nasty night. I
like blizzard-y nights too, but there is the problem with footprints in the snow.
There are even less people out in the dead of the night when it's cold. Also, I just love cold weather; the only thing I change in my op wardrobe is the gloves, because my hands get cold; I wear thicker, more insulating ones, but even on the most freezing night, all I have on is a darkblue T-shirt and dark-blue BDU's, and of course the boots, and my gear.
Make the most of this cold season, fellow operatives, it's perfect.
As for my business complex op; I'm ready to execute it, though I've decided I'm going to wait until it's colder. Not too long; just about 3 weeks or so, and it'll be nice and cool here. It's going to be great
-Infrared
|
|
#310
 2003-10-02, 12:56
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I was thinking...I live so close to an elementary school, why haven't I been on a mission to it yet? Maybe I'll do recon tonight...
Disclaimer: This is for informational purposes only. Irrylath is in no way shape or form responsible
for the use of the information presented here. None of the above is true.
[This message has been edited by Irrylath (edited 10-02-2003).]
|
|
#311
 2003-10-03, 02:11
|
rookie99 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sucessfully completed my first Nightime Op Last Night. It was way better than what I thought it
was going to be.
One problam well not really a problem but when you are going through people backyards and gargages is that there is nothing to take or do. Last night I went throught about 5 backyards and only found 1 bottle of Meths which I took and that was about all I did.
What do you guys look to do once inside the backyard? Also what valubles are left inside garges?
-Rookie99
|
|
#312
 2003-10-03, 02:21
|
Shotokan_Brawler 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hmm, fall is here, and winters not far away, in Minnesota at least. Think I'll start doing some night
ops then, I like the cold, just as long as I don't get sick or anything, guess thats half the fun of it
though. No breaking and entering or property theft for me, just some stealth stuff.
|
|
#313
 2003-10-03, 05:32
|
AloisK 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by 51 Cent:
is there any .47 magnum pellet guns? I cant find any? lol, there is a reason for that.
[This message has been edited by AloisK (edited 10-03-2003).]
|
|
#314
 2003-10-03, 05:39
|
AloisK 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Make the most of this cold season, fellow operatives, it's perfect.
-Infrared Heavy rain is the best. Lots of noise, no one out, and footprints are washed away.
|
|
#315
 2003-10-03, 06:10
|
Kenshinssn4004 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey guys..ive been reading this thread for a long time, and its real cool. im thinking of going on
my first nightime op pretty soon, but I kinda live in a not so good neighborhood (not ghetto but not
track housish) anyway...could you guys tell me exactly what you do when your just going through
ppls yards etc? I mean just hopping fence to fence and....looking at things...seems kind of
tiresom. am i wrong or do you do other stuff?
|
|
#316
 2003-10-04, 12:03
|
Nonexistant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
--This post does incline that anything had happend, will happen, or is happening.
This is for educational purposes only.
Tonight was foggy the perfect oppurtunity to sneak around. So I did. I went outside creeped around my house, nothing to do and did not want to climb any fences. I decided to go across the
street and soon after I was over there I decided to sneak over to my friends home. I crossed the street running quickly on my toes. Over to a bush back on the otherside but further down the lane. I did this for about a mile one time diving right down on the dirt so as not to be seen by the passing car. I made it to my friends home and went in the open back gate. Moved a two-by-four onto a bucket and placed a ball in the bucket. I then left and know i am back in my house typing while feeling like I'm going to vomit.
--Nonexistant
[This message has been edited by Nonexistant (edited 01-20-2004).]
|
|
#317
 2003-10-04, 13:20
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
woah man, u need to settle down.
i was not specifically having a go at anyone, it was an observation on what i made. totse is here for free speech, so i freely speeched what i felt. you dont have to agree with it, nor do i have to agree with what u say, not that i dont.
|
|
#318
 2003-10-05, 06:07
|
CalmLikeABomb 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is an interesting thread and all. My compliments to IR for both being creative and responsible
(without being a slave to stupid laws).
First, IR, wasn't there mention earlier in this thread of the possiblity of using lazer pens to blind cameras? Get one (they're like what? $10 tops?), go into one of those stores where you can see the security cameras and the monitor (like Circle K), and give it a shot. If you know the owners or the people who work there you can probabbly be open about it and still be fine. Do this before you spend a bunch of cash (and weight) on some stupid airgun that'll be useless otherwise.
Anyway, good luck man, great posts - great info.
As far as those little kids who think it's funny to shoot rocks at people and shit... GROW UP. Fuck man, have some respect. If someone didn't do anything to you, you have no right to do anything to them. Hurting people, or trying to hurt people, for no reason is fucking bullshit. It's dipshits like this that make people think police are necessary.
Attacking people you don't know and for no reason but because it's "fun" is just bullshit and dishnorable. Think before you act next time.
|
|
#319
 2003-10-06, 11:38
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey prowlers!!!
Its Chinken here, I forgot my other account password, will get it again later.
Ok well I went on another mission. This one was big. I was gone for 3 hours. I went with 5 of my other friends who are all ages from 14-15. They all do Ninjitsu so they all had ninja gear. Which as you may or may not know is all black and made for sneaking invisibly. I borrowed some of there gear and that's when we started out mission. We took knun-chuks, ninja claws, lights, rope, gloves, spray paint and some other bits and pieces. We first went to the local Deli down the road. We got on top of the roof and found a sheet of metal, which we pulled back to find it went into the roof. We kicked a hole in the roof. The ground was about 7m down so we got out our rope and while I kept watched they lowered my friend Ryan in. He then snuck around the back and unlocked the door for the rest of us. When we were in we wrote on a large wall ATTACKED BY NINJA and we did the heartogram sign (a heart with a triangle through it) and we wrote some other shit like our tags and stuff. We nabbed the keys that were hanging on the hook so now we
have full access, we own the place now. It is going to be our head quarters.
We locked the place up and carried on to the church. The church is really nice. It is made completely out of marble and has a big water feature in the middle. It had all nice gardens and stuff with all statues, kind of freaky but cool. We prowled round there for a while. We were invisible cannot believe it. We could hardly see each other. We were going all up for around three hours. I am really sore at the moment. Sorry for any spelling mistakes. That building, we consider now that we own it, lol , It is our Ninja Head Quarters.
Well thanks for reading. I will be planning me next mission next week!
|
|
#320
 2003-10-06, 14:31
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You are not a ninja. Neither are your friends. You're just a bunch of taggers. Any real ninja wouldn't leave a trace of their entry. Leaving traces and graffitti everywhere is definitely going to draw unnecessary attention. Besides, what's the point?
|
|
#321
 2003-10-06, 15:55
|
RevolutionNov7th 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hmm, some ninja stuff does work, though.
Like ankle ties, they'll shut up your rustling trousers nicely...
|
|
#322
 2003-10-06, 17:51
|
Shadowfox171 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Now excuse me, I need to go order a grappling hook and some Blue Water assault line http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
-Infrared[/b] If you have or have access to a welder, some steel, and some know how you can make a pretty decent one. I did anyway http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
as for the rope try your local military surplus store they have LOTS of useful stuff
[This message has been edited by Shadowfox171 (edited 10-06-2003).]
|
|
#323
 2003-10-06, 17:57
|
Shadowfox171 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The grappling hook I made worked really good, my brother and I used it to do some night ops at the local middle school. We did this during renovations. One because nobody would take notice to a few stray footprints and two because the security system was offline.
|
|
#324
 2003-10-07, 04:14
|
BioHunter 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey all, i'm back!
My arm is still pretty fucked up but it's well enough to type in and do a few ops here and there.
I went on vacation to South Carolina with a friend who also loves to op as much as me, and we had a blast there.
Anyways if I get some extra time i'll post the 4 day op we went on there. Other than that I don't have much else to report other than that my arm is nearly healed.
-BioHunter-
p.s. I did break my arm on a op.... It seemed some local dog owner's gate was loose and her dogs began to chase me. So I attempted to tiger leap a fence atleast 6-8 feet and I guess I was to tired to make it. When I tryed too, my left foot caught the fence so as I fell my arm hit the ground at a near 90' angle.(and it hurt like a bitch....trust me)
|
|
#325
 2003-10-07, 06:12
|
TheSmilingBandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is my first Totse post, but I've been reading this topic since it started.
I just decided to register today.
I'm considering places for my first op - I'll probably have one or two guys with me.
We've been talking about going into a telco manhole for a few months though.. hmm..
|
|
#326
 2003-10-07, 08:37
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
(Welcome to totse)
Make sure to review the sewer-op stuff, some of which was covered briefly in this thread, and the rest of which had it's own thread. Do a little searching around. And careful down there, sewers can be pretty damn dangerous places.
-Infrared
|
|
#327
 2003-10-07, 12:08
|
TheSmilingBandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
It's actually different from a sewer.
The sewer manholes and the telephone company's don't run together (at least not in my city).
I've done some research, and what's generally in them are manuals, toys (lineman's handset), and access to the block's phone lines.
I'm not sure I'd like to do a sewer op.. that would be a little too.. ick.. for me.
Anyhow, I'm going to pick up a pellet gun soon.
What infa-red goggles do you use? I'm looking for a good pair on a budget - I'm pretty much a 'lowly paid' intern at work right now.
|
|
#328
 2003-10-07, 20:00
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
My FRIEND did a lot of nite-ops/egging a bitches house recently, so she got this huge ass spot
light that made her driveway look like daytime. So once, after skool, she wasnt home so we went
up to it and looked under it and flipped that power switch, we havent seen it on since. Sorry about
the run on sentence. Now another neighbor got a camera, so we got to take care of that. My point
is, if theres a flood light or sumthin that bugs you during the nite, turn it off b4 anyone is home
from werk.
|
|
#329
 2003-10-08, 14:20
|
ranga 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by CalmLikeABomb:
First, IR, wasn't there mention earlier in this thread of the possiblity of using lazer pens to blind cameras? Get one (they're like what? $10 tops?), go into one of those stores where you can see the security cameras and the monitor (like Circle K), and give it a shot. If you know the owners or the people who work there you can probabbly be open about it and still be fine.
Educational tip #1
Put lazer pointers on 'blu-tac' or plasticine and aim them an the camera. This will cause the viewer to see nothing but red. This is a inexpensive way to avoid detection. Make sure to pick them up after use. Dont leave a trace.
|
|
#330
 2003-10-09, 06:49
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheSmilingBandit:
What infa-red goggles do you use? I'm looking for a good pair on a budget - I'm pretty much a 'lowly paid' intern at work right now. Even the lowest-end NV goggles will be about $500. I use a cheap, but functional, monocular, Famous Trails brand. They're all pretty much the same; the only differences you might run into are magnification levels (2.5X is good for distanced recon, and 1X (no magnification) is best if you're wearing them as a head rig. A head rig for your monocular is easy to make, but many companies provide one as part of the package. By the way, stay away from Tasco anything, whether NV gear, binoculars, rifle scopes, anything. It's all BS.
Oh, and a basic monocular will be $100-@200 for first-generation, which is good enough for night ops, but there is better out there. Gen. II will run you $500 at least for a monocular, and Gen. III probably close to $1,000. As for Gen. IV, if you can find them; expect even steeper prices. Hope this helps
-Infrared
|
|
#331
 2003-10-09, 07:43
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
What are the differences between generation I, II, ETC.?
|
|
#332
 2003-10-09, 08:07
|
TheSmilingBandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Damn. I'm going to have to start saving up.
Thanks.
|
|
#333
 2003-10-09, 08:31
|
unchewed_meat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This stuff sounds fun, I'd like to do it, but the problem is I'm 16 and live on a military base. I'll get
arrested or something if caught, for just walking (there is a 1-5AM curfew always in effect).
I snuck out once and easily evaded a passing military police truck, but that was just because there was a bush nearby.
Edit: Now I'm a ninja. Super cool.
[This message has been edited by unchewed_meat (edited 10-09-2003).]
|
|
#334
 2003-10-10, 06:52
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irrylath:
What are the differences between generation I, II, ETC.?
Basically, the differences are on the inside; different construction and different materials are used to facilitate the light transmission and such. Basically, though, the higher the generation, the more light amplification/sharper image/range of view. Not to mention, the higher the cost.
-Infrared
|
|
#335
 2003-10-12, 05:43
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Notes on cameras:
Most of the time cameras arent manned unless they are on some 'important' building / facility / whatever. If the camera is recording, just wear a hat. The resolution on those things is absolutely terrible and almost useless for making a positive ID on someone even if they arent wearing baggy clothes, hat, mask, etc. The camera has to have a wide angle lens to cover a large area so detail is lost to a degree.
Cameras that can record in darkness and low light are becoming very common lately for some reason. I guess the price has come down on them.
My own experiments on countermeasures for cameras have all been failures. Ive tried every possible laser I could get my hands on (cheap pen lasers, pistol lasers, very powerful lasers that construction workers use for leveling, etc.) What will work on one camera, may not work on another. The most effective way to defeat a camera is to just avoid it because no single countermeasure works on every type of camera and you wont know until the cops come for you. All the cameras Ive worked on have had no effect, whatsoever, from pen lasers and pistol targeting lasers. No red blip, no wash out, nothing. A laser from something called a 'transit' completely fried a camera where the display only showed a blank screen. That camera never worked again. It was a $99 generic security camera that you buy in home imporovement stores and had a CCD.
A bright, high output flashlight (nothing you can buy at the local Walmart) washed out most of the cameras but that isnt practical for what everyone seems to be looking for.
Most cameras are obvious in big bulky boxes. Camera technology today is such that a camera could be anywhere and not be visible so the best bet is to assume you are on camera and dress & prepare accordingly. My favorite ones are the huge bulky ones with bright flashing red lights that arent even functional cameras.
|
|
#336
 2003-10-12, 06:24
|
sigo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Im another new person here. I registrated to totse jsut because of theis thread. I had never heard of night ops before. So basicly im intorducing my self and looking for advice for starting my own night ops.
P.S plsese exuse the crappy spelling.
I'll make this my first question. What kind of budget do you set aside for your night ops to buy gear? I dont have much money at hte moment(im just a jobless teen at the moment) so i would ether have to make my gear or find other ways of obtaing it.
[This message has been edited by sigo (edited 10-12-2003).]
|
|
#337
 2003-10-12, 06:48
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Welcome to totse, sigo, and to night ops
For the most part, you only need to buy your gear once, if you do it right and get good-quality
stuff; optics, clothing, tools, etc. You can become operational with the minimal investment of about $30 bucks (this is cutting it REALLY BAD, though); for some dark-blue clothes, good shoes/boots, and for the price of a prybar and some other basic tools (you'll lack the ability to pick locks, though), and possibly some binoculars. If you want night vision capability and other things like this, you'll need to invest more. I suppose if you're adept at sewing and have some patterns, you can make your own BDU's for the op. Hopefully I've helped; if not, refer to the other pages of this thread again for gear help, a lot of stuff has been posted. Take care
-Infrared
|
|
#338
 2003-10-12, 23:02
|
blip 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infrared, how would you like a non-lethal weapon to stun a noisy dog or whatever from a large distance? What about another to cook electronics like cameras and all? I'm thinking of developing some like that for one as innocent and well-meaning as you... but I might not get around to it, oh well....
|
|
#339
 2003-10-12, 23:45
|
sigo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok I'm planing my first mission for a few weeks from now and got a question. Would a dark blue hooded sweater work good? I need it for school( they wont let me wear onw that isnt blue) so i can get my mom to buy it. I dont know if i can get new pants so i might need to make to with reg jeans.
|
|
#340
 2003-10-13, 05:23
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Since haloween is coming up soon, you can get a full camo outfit from your parents. Just tell
them that you want to be an army man for haloween in rememberance of 9-11 or the soldiers in
Iraq or sum shit like that. If they will buy you a haloween costume then you just go with them to
your local army surplus store and select the outfit you want. You might even be able to get sum
extra gear like a camo backpack or belt with pouches or fake gun by just telling them your
costume needs to be authentic. Then, on haloween, you can go out with eggs or whatever and do
wat you want, cuz all the vandalism or whatever will be blamed on the local highschoolers. Be
sure to get sum candy soit seems like ur actually trick or treating, or if your young enuff, actually
go trick or treating. I find the best way to get candy is to find those houses with no one home, and
dump the whole basket in your bag. If your parents insist on going with you then ur screwed, but
at least you have your camo for later. Plus, people like patriotic costumes. Thats how I've been
getting camo gear every year.
|
|
#341
 2003-10-13, 06:53
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
GREETINGS ALL
i found this topic and i decided to contribute my own night ops experience. oops, i mean "story" yeah thats it.anyways it was last week of school in AUSTRALIA. last day of year 12 is called MUCK UP DAY where u can egg and TP and flour anyone and not get busted. well, 2 friends and i decided it would be MUCK UP WEEK for our last week of year 12. so we got our clothes ready, all black jumpers, black pants, and 5 pairs of socks at the same time, its more quiet than shoes and leaves no foot treads. 1st mate who i will call "1" wore an old man mask to conceal identity. friend 2 who i will call "2" wore his hockey mask. i wore my dads gas mask, it looked hella cool.we met at school at 12 midnight and compared gear. 1 brung a small aluminium ladder, a bag full of spray paint, every colour of the rainbow, and a carton of eggs. 2 brought his collection of XXX hardcore posters, 18 of them, paper clips, 5 bottles of TARZAN'S GRIP SUPA GLUE and a jar of "semen" (vaseline, water and liquid paper glue). i brought 24 condoms, red food colouring, 9 tampons, and a 2 liter bottle of weed killer concentrate. we BEGIN.....2 and I went on scout around the skool to see in security guards or drunks lay about. 1 secured our belongings in our secret area (behind the bus stop) and kept a lookput for anyone entering the skool. we saw nobody, so we rendezvous (met up) at the secret area and got our gear. i outlined the name of the skool on the grass on the top oval with spray paint and then wrote sucks so its was "......
SUCKS" (im not writing any names, safety, .... means the name we intend)i then poured the weed killer on the outline. in a few days my message will be there. 1 spray painted the same message in 5 different areas on the oval. 2 got out his porn and had a look, his work was to be later. 1 and I were finished on the oval. 1 and 2 scouted, i had a look at the porn. some nasty indian porn, yet very good. 1 and 2 came back, nobody here. 1 went to the basketball courts and climbed the fence to the HALL. the wall of it is visible from the basketball courts. armed with white spray paint he wrote our favourite quote from JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK, "YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE BALL LICKERS!!!" HE THEN DREW A MAN AND A WOMANS FACE, LICKING A PAIR OF BALLS EACH (1 DOES VISUAL ARTS, HE CAN DRAW AND WRITE like a true artist). 2 got his porno posters, paper clips, blue spray paint and super glue and went to the ASSENBLY AREA. he climbed the wall of the assembly, which has rooms and windows, proteced by a steel grated fence. he hooked all 17 posters (i took the indian one) on the fence, which is about 20 meters high. he got to the top and put em on. he then glued the clips in place, so they woudnt move. took him about 45 minutes. when he got down and we met up at the assembly area, we saw the collection of porn, it was damn hillarious, that would be there on tuesdays, assembly. i got out the condoms and "cum" and glue, 1 got out the tampons, pads and red food colouring and glue. we left, each armed with the spuulies divided, a bottle of glue, 4 eggs, 4 condoms, 3 tampons and 1 pad each, all "used, and put them where we each felt they belonged. we rendezvous at the assembly, 1 drew a massive orgy of men and women with white spray paint. looked hella funny. we left, took us ages, cannot remember, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
i can tell u what happened if ppl like this story i gotta sleep now.
|
|
#342
 2003-10-14, 05:55
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
here in AUSTRALIA ous skool got these little 1 meter high fences. and there are 2 front entrances
to the skool, one is a concrete path to the offices, the other has a gate to go to the HALL. we went
to the pathway entrance, u cant close it but there are steel and concrete barriers to stop cars
(bummer). we walked in and met in our secret location. i didnt go to assembly in the morning, i
can't keep a straight face for shit, so i stayed home for an extra 10 minutes. i got to skool late and
there is spray paint everywhere, our favourite quote on the hall, and kids doing sport laughing
their assess off. in first class people were all talking about it. i act innocent and ask "what
happened at assembl??" the kids sed the principal was there and everyone is on lunch detention,
EVERYONE!!! some other speech about "horrible, disgusting perverted acts commited on school
premisis" it feels so good when people say "oh man, whoever done that is so badass, they are
cool, but they will get in BIG SHIT!!!" or "man, that was the funniest thing i ever saw!!!" that they
are talkin about you. sure enuff, on friday there was a big message on the top oval, written in
dirt....hahaha. next year we will go again and introduce the new year 7 kids to the school...... ;-)
|
|
#343
 2003-10-15, 04:14
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
thats funny as shit, u better look out next year, they mite have a video camera or sum kind of
increased security, there also mite be copy cats or security guards
|
|
#344
 2003-10-15, 06:49
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
dude, they got security guards now on a 5pm-5am patrol, our school night ops are down and out,
but 2nite im goin on one so ill be posting here soon.....;-)
|
|
#345
 2003-10-15, 06:58
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Loc Dogg:
dude, they got security guards now on a 5pm-5am patrol, our school night ops are down and out, but 2nite im goin on one so ill be posting here soon.....;-) Dude, are you seriously in China? If you are, expect to get your ass shot if you get caught while operating http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
...or at least your bike stolen.
-Infrared
|
|
#346
 2003-10-16, 01:48
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
no its a cover-up, to hide that i am is AUSTRALIA coz the site smells like bacon.....
|
|
#347
 2003-10-16, 05:02
|
if you poo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm goin on a small training op now. I'll post the rest of the info later, as TWICE just now I
accidentaly deleted my post.
Back soon,
iyp
|
|
#348
 2003-10-16, 09:23
|
if you poo Ok, I'm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
First of all, my outfitting was as follows:
A red and black T-shirt, covered by a black T-shirt, topped off with a black sweater. For legware I had a pair of shorts and a pair of slush pants. My black sneackers on my feet, and a hat on my head. I had my hair in a ponytail held under the hat. The two reasons I had no actual equipment are that this was only a basic recon, and that I have no real equipment http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif .
First, I snuck out the back. Down the portch steps and through the backyards. I live in a townhouse complex, so there are no fences between yards. I got the the street, where I started walking around. I checked out the surrounding streets. In this part of town there are alot of streets where if you walk down them you end up on the street you started from(like, they are U shaped). I walked down some of these, getting a general feel for the place. I never acctually went into any yards, because as I said I have no equipment. Winter is coming too. Really, all I did was walk. I need to get a small light, and some cheapo NV goggles/monocular. And a small pair of normal binocs.
Well, thats basicaly all.
Talk to ya later,
iyp
|
|
#349
 2003-10-16, 10:56
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
damn that was a quick op, what are the binoculars for, night vision? bump that, you go around
and fuck shit up, oh yeah i had a night op too last nite, here it is:
last night, my mate showed me his THUNDER KING SHELL KIT. it was a fat tube with 12 shells, basically you put the shell in the tube and light the wick, it takes about 15 seconds to go when lit, but it is LOUD!!!!!!! BOOOOOOM!!!!! so i thought we could use it as a mortar, just put it on a slope. we tested it at the local park at around 9pm. i used carved styrofoam as a stand and held it at an angle of about 30 degrees from the ground. we put one in, i lit it and held the mortar with my gas mask on. FOOM.....it shot out, there was some recoil....then BOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! that motherfucker was loud!!!!! we now have a bazooka to wake up our enemy. we ran home and watched sum Me Love You Long Time porno, feat. Fujiko. at 11:30pm we went out to our enemy's house. we set up across the street, i set it up aiming at his house, at the roof. my mate wanted to fire it this time so yeh i sed just hold on to the tube, it has some recoil. i put it in, he lit and held the tube. foom...........BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! the alarm in the car in his
driveway went off, dogs were going bezerk, it was fucken funny. all these lights turned on all along the street, but we were already running like mexican border hoppers. we are waiting for it to be in the local papers.......MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!
|
|
#350
 2003-10-16, 19:19
|
whiteboyfalldown 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Im goin on my first op tonight i dont have any black longsleave shirt so ill just were a dark blue
wind breaker i know this hot women in my neigbour hood yeah thats right time for some peepin
|
|
#351
 2003-10-13, 06:53
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
GREETINGS ALL
i found this topic and i decided to contribute my own night ops experience. oops, i mean "story" yeah thats it.anyways it was last week of school in AUSTRALIA. last day of year 12 is called MUCK UP DAY where u can egg and TP and flour anyone and not get busted. well, 2 friends and i decided it would be MUCK UP WEEK for our last week of year 12. so we got our clothes ready, all black jumpers, black pants, and 5 pairs of socks at the same time, its more quiet than shoes and leaves no foot treads. 1st mate who i will call "1" wore an old man mask to conceal identity. friend 2 who i will call "2" wore his hockey mask. i wore my dads gas mask, it looked hella cool.we met at school at 12 midnight and compared gear. 1 brung a small aluminium ladder, a bag full of spray paint, every colour of the rainbow, and a carton of eggs. 2 brought his collection of XXX hardcore posters, 18 of them, paper clips, 5 bottles of TARZAN'S GRIP SUPA GLUE and a jar of "semen" (vaseline, water and liquid paper glue). i brought 24 condoms, red food colouring, 9 tampons, and a 2 liter bottle of weed killer concentrate. we BEGIN.....2 and I went on scout around the skool to see in security guards or drunks lay about. 1 secured our belongings in our secret area (behind the bus stop) and kept a lookput for anyone entering the skool. we saw nobody, so we rendezvous (met up) at the secret area and got our gear. i outlined the name of the skool on the grass on the top oval with spray paint and then wrote sucks so its was "...... SUCKS" (im not writing any names, safety, .... means the name we intend)i then poured the weed killer on the outline. in a few days my message will be there. 1 spray painted the same message in 5 different areas on the oval. 2 got out his porn and had a look, his work was to be later. 1 and I were finished on the oval. 1 and 2 scouted, i had a look at the porn. some nasty indian porn, yet very good. 1 and 2 came back, nobody here. 1 went to the basketball courts and climbed the fence to the HALL. the wall of it is visible from the basketball courts. armed with white spray paint he wrote our favourite quote from JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK, "YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE BALL LICKERS!!!" HE THEN DREW A MAN AND A WOMANS FACE, LICKING A PAIR OF BALLS EACH (1 DOES VISUAL ARTS, HE CAN DRAW AND WRITE like a true artist). 2 got his porno posters, paper clips, blue spray paint and super glue and went to the ASSENBLY AREA. he climbed the wall of the assembly, which has rooms and windows, proteced by a steel grated fence. he hooked all 17 posters (i took the indian one) on the fence, which is about 20 meters high. he got to the top and put em on. he then glued the clips in place, so they woudnt move. took him about 45 minutes. when he got down and we met up at the assembly area, we saw the collection of porn, it was damn hillarious, that would be there on tuesdays, assembly. i got out the condoms and "cum" and glue, 1 got out the tampons, pads and red food colouring and glue. we left, each armed with the spuulies divided, a bottle of glue, 4 eggs, 4 condoms, 3 tampons and 1 pad each, all "used, and put them where we each felt they belonged. we rendezvous at the assembly, 1 drew a massive orgy of men and women with white spray paint. looked hella funny. we left, took us ages, cannot remember, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
i can tell u what happened if ppl like this story i gotta sleep now.
|
|
#352
 2003-10-14, 05:55
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
here in AUSTRALIA ous skool got these little 1 meter high fences. and there are 2 front entrances
to the skool, one is a concrete path to the offices, the other has a gate to go to the HALL. we went
to the pathway entrance, u cant close it but there are steel and concrete barriers to stop cars
(bummer). we walked in and met in our secret location. i didnt go to assembly in the morning, i
can't keep a straight face for shit, so i stayed home for an extra 10 minutes. i got to skool late and
there is spray paint everywhere, our favourite quote on the hall, and kids doing sport laughing their assess off. in first class people were all talking about it. i act innocent and ask "what happened at assembl??" the kids sed the principal was there and everyone is on lunch detention, EVERYONE!!! some other speech about "horrible, disgusting perverted acts commited on school premisis" it feels so good when people say "oh man, whoever done that is so badass, they are cool, but they will get in BIG SHIT!!!" or "man, that was the funniest thing i ever saw!!!" that they are talkin about you. sure enuff, on friday there was a big message on the top oval, written in dirt....hahaha. next year we will go again and introduce the new year 7 kids to the school...... ;-)
|
|
#353
 2003-10-15, 04:14
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
thats funny as shit, u better look out next year, they mite have a video camera or sum kind of
increased security, there also mite be copy cats or security guards
|
|
#354
 2003-10-15, 06:49
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
dude, they got security guards now on a 5pm-5am patrol, our school night ops are down and out,
but 2nite im goin on one so ill be posting here soon.....;-)
|
|
#355
 2003-10-15, 06:58
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Loc Dogg:
dude, they got security guards now on a 5pm-5am patrol, our school night ops are down and out, but 2nite im goin on one so ill be posting here soon.....;-) Dude, are you seriously in China? If you are, expect to get your ass shot if you get caught while operating http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
...or at least your bike stolen.
-Infrared
|
|
#356
 2003-10-16, 01:48
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
no its a cover-up, to hide that i am is AUSTRALIA coz the site smells like bacon.....
|
|
#357
 2003-10-16, 05:02
|
if you poo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm goin on a small training op now. I'll post the rest of the info later, as TWICE just now I
accidentaly deleted my post.
Back soon,
iyp
|
|
#358
 2003-10-16, 09:23
|
if you poo Ok, I'm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
First of all, my outfitting was as follows:
A red and black T-shirt, covered by a black T-shirt, topped off with a black sweater. For legware I had a pair of shorts and a pair of slush pants. My black sneackers on my feet, and a hat on my head. I had my hair in a ponytail held under the hat. The two reasons I had no actual equipment are that this was only a basic recon, and that I have no real equipment http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif .
First, I snuck out the back. Down the portch steps and through the backyards. I live in a townhouse complex, so there are no fences between yards. I got the the street, where I started walking around. I checked out the surrounding streets. In this part of town there are alot of streets
where if you walk down them you end up on the street you started from(like, they are U shaped). I walked down some of these, getting a general feel for the place. I never acctually went into any yards, because as I said I have no equipment. Winter is coming too. Really, all I did was walk. I need to get a small light, and some cheapo NV goggles/monocular. And a small pair of normal binocs.
Well, thats basicaly all.
Talk to ya later,
iyp
|
|
#359
 2003-10-16, 10:56
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
damn that was a quick op, what are the binoculars for, night vision? bump that, you go around
and fuck shit up, oh yeah i had a night op too last nite, here it is:
last night, my mate showed me his THUNDER KING SHELL KIT. it was a fat tube with 12 shells, basically you put the shell in the tube and light the wick, it takes about 15 seconds to go when lit, but it is LOUD!!!!!!! BOOOOOOM!!!!! so i thought we could use it as a mortar, just put it on a slope. we tested it at the local park at around 9pm. i used carved styrofoam as a stand and held it at an angle of about 30 degrees from the ground. we put one in, i lit it and held the mortar with my gas mask on. FOOM.....it shot out, there was some recoil....then BOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! that motherfucker was loud!!!!! we now have a bazooka to wake up our enemy. we ran home and watched sum Me Love You Long Time porno, feat. Fujiko. at 11:30pm we went out to our enemy's house. we set up across the street, i set it up aiming at his house, at the roof. my mate wanted to fire it this time so yeh i sed just hold on to the tube, it has some recoil. i put it in, he lit and held the tube. foom...........BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! the alarm in the car in his driveway went off, dogs were going bezerk, it was fucken funny. all these lights turned on all along the street, but we were already running like mexican border hoppers. we are waiting for it to be in the local papers.......MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!
|
|
#360
 2003-10-16, 19:19
|
whiteboyfalldown 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Im goin on my first op tonight i dont have any black longsleave shirt so ill just were a dark blue
wind breaker i know this hot women in my neigbour hood yeah thats right time for some peepin
|
|
#361
 2003-10-16, 23:11
|
if you poo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The Binocs are for if SWIM needs to look at something from far.
Anyway, tonite SWIM may do a little recon work, around the cemetary. Since that seems to be the most interesting place within walking distance, SWIM wants to check it out. SWIM needs to buy a mini-flashlite at the plaza. Lets hope SWIM doesnt get eaten by zombies(j/k).
[This message has been edited by if you poo (edited 10-16-2003).]
|
|
#362
 2003-10-17, 04:28
|
KjeXz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
What's this swim thing? Maybe it's just me being from another country and therefore not understanding your sweet little language secrets but what the hell is that supposed to mean?
KjeXz and good night
|
|
#363
 2003-10-17, 04:39
|
Corallis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
SWIM stands for "Someone whom isnt me". People use it because they are afraid police are
monitoring everything they say here on totse, instead of using the ever incriminating "I".
|
|
#364
 2003-10-17, 04:41
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
SWIM = Someone Who Isn't Me
ranga 2003-10-18 02:43 All we did for muckup day was make a 'beer can' RPG ( took 3 of us a day to make, we are lucky enuf to have a machine shop at our disposal) and fired projectiles of red fool colouring and 'grass stain' on the ovals and in the pool.
|
|
#365
 2003-10-18, 03:10
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ranga:
All we did for muckup day was make a 'beer can' RPG ( took 3 of us a day to make, we are lucky enuf to have a machine shop at our disposal) and fired projectiles of red fool colouring and 'grass stain' on the ovals and in the pool. I once got a bunch of those big "Saturn Rocket" fireworks; you know, the decent-sized ones with the good plastic fins and everything? Then I got a metal tube and added a grip and some ladder sights from a rifle grenade launcher, and called my half-assed creation "Stinger". It was a dumb, non-exploding projectile launcher, but it was fun anyway http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
-Infrared
|
|
#366
 2003-10-18, 04:15
|
KjeXz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
SWIM = Someone Who Isn't Me Ok thanks.. :) Sweet...
Hey i wanna do night ops but i dunno where to go.. :/ it's all about trashing? or does it just seem that way?
[02:00] * KjeXz is tired.
[05:10] * KjeXz goes to bed
[05:14] * KjeXz has quit TOTSE (Signed off)
|
|
#367
 2003-10-18, 05:10
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm back, and have planned a new mission it's perfect. But i need your help to make it better than perfect.
I need to now but i'll post the details in a few days time.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH it's good to smell the totse air.
http://www.gamespy.com/monthinreview...er02/xbox1.jpg
|
|
#368
 2003-10-19, 22:26
|
Sco-leX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
last night i got done with my 10th night op. it was okay cause i finaly got into the states vehicale
depot. the damn place is easy to get into. i only had one problem and that was with a cop that
chased me at the end of the op but i lost him in the woods. and i well say that was the greatest
adrenaline boust ive had in a long time.
the following is all fictional and just the mindscape of the auther. all events and actions are false.
P.S. welcome back sam fisher
|
|
#369
 2003-10-20, 03:51
|
JohnSmith 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm trying to make my household more secure, I'm curious, what are things you guys do not like that'd deter you from entering my property or house?
|
|
#370
 2003-10-20, 07:15
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by JohnSmith:
I'm trying to make my household more secure, I'm curious, what are things you guys do not like that'd deter you from entering my property or house?
Big FUCKING dogs and big FUCKING landmines concealed in the lawn.
Erect tall wooden fences and get lots of RAZOR wire and fix it to the top of the fence but put it so an intruder doesn't see it, and if you want to get FUCKING serious then i would suggest covering the razor wire with pig shit (it'll give the intruder blood poisoning).
And buy a couple of they signs that read "BEWARE OF THE BIG FUCKING DOG - HE BITES" and fix one to the gate and the other one to your door.
For your door's buy like a long steel bar and wedge it on the inside of the door( like in the film "burgler" with Whoopi Goldberg.
And underneath your ground level windows plant plenty of thorn bushes.
Then buy a PIR security light.
If you need more advice then just ask.
Try to imagine that you are trying to rob your own house, keep on trying and then fix the breeches.
|
|
#371
 2003-10-20, 07:42
|
Professor Chaos 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
At my house you can kinda see the tv through the curtains from the front door so we just leave
the tv on so people think we're home, and hence don't rob us.
|
|
#372
 2003-10-20, 08:45
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
A fake alarm box. It doesn't have to have anything in it, but a house with one of those a burglar
won't touch. If you breaking into a house you don't want a 160db alarm going off do you?
|
|
#373
 2003-10-20, 09:16
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yeah, SWIM is going on NIGHT OP: ARMY MEN tonite. SWIM and ASWIM are gonna go with
bags of army men and supa glue and clay and re-create WW1 and WW2 scenes on peoples car
hoods. it'll be hella funny.
|
|
#374
 2003-10-20, 22:04
|
JohnSmith 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well here, I'll imagine that I'm burglarizing my own house then. For instance, tell me if me setup will deter you: My house has a burglar alarm on the inside and motion sensor lights on the outside, a backup generator incase power gets cut, and barb wire fencing around on every side, except for the right side of the house if you're standing on the porch - it's a ditch that's filled with running water that flows down to the river, and I have a regular chain-link fence there but it has
barbs at the top to help out. Also, my house is surrounded by woods on the sides, and there's even more barbwire going through there seperating out certain spots from others for when I was raising cattle my first year in this house.
There's other things, such as thorn bushes, trees that obscure your view of the house (surveillance deterrent), and all of the doors and windows are reinforced and have locks.
Does this work?
|
|
#375
 2003-10-20, 22:35
|
if you poo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
That sounds fine to me http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
Well, I've got my entrance planed out for the cemetary job. Now I need equipment planning. So far I'm gonna get a small flashlight, and... thats it. What would you bring? Have any of you been in a cemetary at night? What kinda security was there?
Just so you know, I'm not planning on vandalizeing or stealing. Just checking stuff out.
All information in this post is false. I in no way endorse any illegal activity. Ect, ect.
|
|
#376
 2003-10-20, 22:42
|
Lasqueti Loner 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by if you poo:
What would you bring? Have any of you been in a cemetary at night? What kinda security was there? Personally I'd say that you should wear your equipment and whatnot, dark blue or dark green clothes, a hat to cover your head, wear face paint, etc...Then get a knife incase any fucking wierdos fuck with you while you're there. Flashlight would be good, maybe extra batteries just incase. You never know. Just go prepared.
Oh, and as far as security, it's very rare that there's anything more than an iron picket fence.
The author of this post does not engage in nor promote illegal/unlawful activites, and posts such things for information only
[This message has been edited by Lasqueti Loner (edited 10-20-2003).]
|
|
#377
 2003-10-20, 22:54
|
if you poo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, diddnt think there would be much security. I have to think of a kind of holder for my
knives(yes, I have two. They are only steak knives though http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif ).
Ive also got a stick I could use, like in A Clockwork Orange.
I've got a good outfit for it. All I need is the light, really.
|
|
#378
 2003-10-20, 22:58
|
Lasqueti Loner 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
When I lived in the big cities of Canada, and not where I live now, I did alot of nights ops and urban exploring. Crazy shit. You've gotta worry about asbestos, so I'd recommend that you at least wear a gas mask and suit if you can, and spray paint it a dark green mixture - if you can't get a dark green, just spray out green and black together, and mix them together over the suit while you're at it. Plenty of these suits come about, and you Americans can use them as protection from "weapons of mass destruction." That's beside the point, however.
And remember! One of the most important things you can get is a good, durable flashlight that's waterproof and won't break if you drop it ten feet or so. Durability, durability, durability. That's all I can think of - and remember - if it doesn't protect you or help you out, don't take it.
The author of this post does not engage in nor promote illegal/unlawful activites, and posts such things for information only
|
|
#379
 2003-10-21, 01:18
|
firefly 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Can anyone tell me where I can get a lockpick in canada?
|
|
#380
 2003-10-21, 07:04
|
if you poo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You might try a locksmith. There are lots of mail-order sites on the net(they were talking about
one such site on the first page of this topic), or you could make your own. Plenty of guides an shit
on the net for that.
And, a bump seems in order.
|
|
#381
 2003-10-22, 02:34
|
Sco-leX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i have a simple answer for your homesecurity problem. take loads of no-doze and keep a tactical
shotgun or,and a handgun. if you hear a noise start shooting. or you could rig up loads of shotgun
traps and stuff. infact be creative.
|
|
#382
 2003-10-22, 02:39
|
dns_change 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey all, i'm new to totse and this forum but not new to the night ops. And i was wondering if a normal non-electric lock pick gun could pick most dead bolts.
thanks for the help
|
|
#383
 2003-10-22, 02:48
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
To all you kiddies who insist on bringing a flashlight out to play: using a white-light flashlight will ruin your night vision. If you are going to use a light, put a red lens cover over it and use it sparingly. Develop your night vision and get used to using it so you dont need a flashlight as a crutch.
|
|
#384
 2003-10-22, 03:30
|
dns_change 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
here is a list of some things that i would like to get for my future night op. equipment
- night vision monocular
- magnum boots
- folding grappling hook
- tactical rappeling rope
- lock picks
- lock pick gun
- cylindrical lock pick
- belaclava
- provision 363 fiber optic cable
- rappeling gloves
- tactical knife - beige box - tactical vest (to hold it all) and thats about it,.... unless i forgot something?
|
|
#385
 2003-10-22, 03:33
|
dns_change 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey infrared does the non-electric lock pick gun work well for dead bolts and such
- and is it easy to use?
|
|
#386
 2003-10-22, 05:36
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dns_change:
hey infrared does the non-electric lock pick gun work well for dead bolts and such
- and is it easy to use?
I have no experience with them, but I would imagine they're cumbersome, and probably more noisy than would be conductive to stealthy ops. You might just want to opt for the set of picks; they take a bit more skill, but are much more advantageous in the long run
|
|
#387
 2003-10-22, 06:13
|
dns_change 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i've been planning an op. for a while now and i was wundering what all you guys thought. Anyways, here it goes.
The job is to infilltrate this new construction site. It looks like it's going to be some sort of business building in the future and my plan is to cut through the barbwire fence and search the area for blue prints. this way if it is something more interesting in the future, i will have exact plans to the whole building. The whole complex is in complete darkness and there is no signs of security or guard dogs. My plan is to walk there (since i can;t drive) at about 1:30 am and leave at about 3:30 am.
Any input on what i should bring or look for on my op. would be great.
P.S. - i'm not a thief, it's just that i have no job and if i could find something of value to help me buy more equipment for my ops. it would be excellent.
|
|
#388
 2003-10-26, 11:38
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
did an op last night. Got spotted by security...fucking chased me,i out ran them though...i was on
top of the council building,me and some of the krew were guna try n infiltrate it..duno why,just
seemed like a good idea at the time. Nothing to special.i Wore black tracky pants,black leather
gloves with a light on the hand,beaine,black shoes....usual!Keep posting guys
|
|
#389
 2003-10-27, 23:00
|
ShockWaveTrio 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Oddly enough, I've been doing similar things recently. Though all I've done so far is simple
silence practice (I've been practicing hiding from people, moving quickly yet silently, and finding
quicker routes and hidden short cuts through my neighborhood), I've been enjoying myself greatly. At the moment, I'm working on getting some all black shoes, sweatpants, long sleeve shirt, a black beanie, and of course lockpicks/small knife/specs.
My question to you all is, do you plan your routes before hand? Do you know exactly where you plan to go in the chance that you are caught, or if something else goes wrong? I'm currently working on drawing out a diagram of my neighborhood, just for this sort of planing.
|
|
#390
 2003-10-28, 10:38
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
SWIM had a night-op last night, he told me all the details:
SWIM brung a friend and cans of white spraypaint. SWIM's friend does art, so he/she is good a drawing. anywais. SWIM and ASWIM, after surveying where most people end up before school starts, they found the street 10 meters away is where most kids pass. so they went out at about 11pm and drew outlines of dead people, like cops with chalk. but they added some humour. they put gangsters lying dead, with guns everywhere. and they put some pimps with big robes and bitches with big asses and titties and dollar bills and coins everywhere. using tomato sauce they put blood and shit, they said it looked pretty cool, bitches dead and guys with their dicks out and dollar bills everywhere. speech bubbles had to be added. they wrote on the dude with cock out, "tits or face, you fucking whore?!?!?" they also finished writing in big letters, "cops: scum with a badge". very good. this morning, the kids were laughing at what they had sone. they liked the TITS OR FACE YOU FUCKING WHORE quote, and i liked it too, when i saw what they did. anyways, not really a night-op but its pretty funny what they did.
|
|
#391
 2003-10-28, 12:54
|
lockpicker03 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
OK, so my FRIEND is thinking of going on HIS first op. Unfortunately, my FRIEND's house has a security system. There is a sensor on every window and door, including my FRIEND's bedroom, and the alarm is set every night, therefore my FRIEND cannot easily get out.
However, my FRIEND knows the alarm code, and HE is going to bypass the alarm during the day when his parents aren't around (HE can bypass just individual sensors).
HE wants to know what HE should do from there. HE lives out in the country, but there are probably 15 houses within a two mile radius of HIM and lots of open space, with plenty of woods and ditches for HIM to hide in.
What would be a good first nighttime op for HIM? HE hasn't done any ops before. I think that HE should just try to get out of the house first undetected, (besides, HIS window is about 5 feet above the ground, so HE will need to make some sort of a ladder to get back up), and then maybe HE could just wander around a little bit.
What about neighbor surveillance? There is a good spot that HE could stay almost completely concealed in a treeline, and MY FRIEND could most like observe around maybe 9:30 to 10:00 with binoculars. So HE could do a maybe 30 to 45 minute op with about 25 minutes observation time. Do you all think this would be a good op for HIM?
Disclaimer: The previous ideas are fiction and always will be. No threat is suggested or implied.
|
|
#392
 2003-10-28, 22:37
|
ShockWaveTrio 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
lockpicker, I'd suggest that your friend figure out a plan first, especially for his house. Have him
work on a way to get out as quickly and as silently as possible, and have him make up some
excuse before hand just incase he is caught by his family.
Also, he should practice finding the quickest routes to each of those neighbors. If you are correct, and they are 2 miles or so away, that will take him atleast 15 minutes to get there, and then another 15 getting back; though that depends on the terrain as well.
lockpicker03 2003-10-28 23:40 My FRIEND says that the furthest house away that it is reasonable to get to without a car or other mode of transportation is 2 miles. The closest neighbor is 1700 feet away or so. There are about 20 neighbors in a 1700 feet to 2 mile area. My FRIEND will work on getting out of his house quietly. What do you suggest for my FRIEND? Rope ladder to make the 5 foot hop down? I mean, my FRIEND could probably jump down, but he's only about 5' 8" so it would be hard for him to get back up.
My FRIEND says thanks for the help!
|
|
#393
 2003-10-28, 23:54
|
Man In the Shadows 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I swore when I joined Totse that I would not flame ANYONE no matter how STUPID I thought they were, but I absolutely say that this thread is peopled by the biggest bunch of IDIOTIC FUCKING K3WL$ I have ever had the displeasure of running across. Talking about "Night OPS", you think you're James Bond or Rambo?
One of these days you are going to fuck up big time and get arrested or shot. While I am not exactly an angel myself, you ARE breaking the law (breaking and entering ring a bell?) and sooner or later you WILL get caught. Don't think that just because the 95-year old grandma can't see or hear you that you are Sam Fisher (SPLINTER CELL) or Garrett (THIEF & THIEF II). You are NOT Special Forces, you have not been trained to move silently and invisibly, and while maybe ONE person in a few THOUSAND could actualy teach themselves to do this shit correctly, the chances that anyone of YOU would be that ONE, (this includes myself) are so slim I would rather play the lottery (Tax for people too stupid to know math). If any of this has offended you, GOOD!!! Maybe it will make you think before you get arrested or shot! Remember that if you are caught breaking and entering in a house, you can be prosecuted. If you have a weapon on you, the home owner has the legal right to KILL YOU. Even certain airguns can look real in the dark when you have a split second to decide whether you should protect your family against an attacker. If I found you in my house, you would be leaving in a bodybag. And I can garuntee that I would find you. Also remember that if you get caught, "I wasn't going to steal anything, I just break into houses and property's for fun," WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT cut it. Not only is the mere entrance a crime, but it also has to be assumed that it was done with intent to commit further crime. (Theft, murder, Rape.) You CAN and probably WILL be prosecuted for at least attempted theft.
Enough, I'm sick of bitching.
~As always, Opinions are like assholes, Everyone's got one and you are welcome to disregard mine.
|
|
#394
 2003-10-29, 20:32
|
naill 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
cool well my first night op was succesfully accomplished i made a few smoke bombs and some timers placed them in 4seperate points in town and they all went off at about 7:30am like i expected, anyway yeah he can get maps of any neighborhood/city but there REALLY huge .pdf files, if theres any common cities you guys want i gota ftp server running off my comp and could post some maps but right now all i got is north bay, haha it helps having a relative in traffic control whos an anarchsit
|
|
#395
 2003-10-29, 21:23
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
There is that http://www.multimap.com/
It's not bad, and you can get the aerial photo with a layover of the streets and stuff. It probably works easier than ftp servers and whatnot, although the quality is pretty poor.
ShockWaveTrio
2003-10-29 22:10
For Aerial Photos, I've found www.mapquest.com to be quite helpful.
Go to http://www.mapquest.com/maps/ ---> type in the address, then click Aerial Photo. Somewhere on the right side of the Aerial Photo there should be an option for "Big Picture." You might want to click that to get a better view of your suroundings.
|
|
#396
 2003-10-30, 01:39
|
naill 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
lol or you can get jumped by 3 "ghetto fabulus" guys who will try to rob you than you decide to pikc up a metal pipe and defend yourself and scare them off than you end up geting charged with concealed weapon and assult with a weapon... it sucked i was in the paper 3 times for stupid shit like that but have never once been convicted, and you will not get charged with attempted robery or whatever inless your carrying a schoolbag or somthing because it is well known that people break into places for fun like roof hoping, i got cought by security because i was on the roof of a bank and all i had was a pack of smokes a flashlight and a lighter and they just told me to go home and advised me not to do it again... most people arent that evil to shoot you for somthing stupid atleast in canada where i dwell
|
|
#397
 2003-10-30, 03:02
|
lockpicker03 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Interesting about the bank idea. The other day my FRIEND told me he was thinking how cool it could be to get on the roof of a local bank (my FRIEND was driving by). Then my FRIEND thought that it might be too dangerous, as if you were on the roof of a bank, it could likely be very suspicious if caught. So my FRIEND doesn't think he'll do it.
Disclaimer: The above is total fiction.
|
|
#398
 2003-10-30, 04:17
|
Stryker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lockpicker03:
Interesting about the bank idea. The other day my FRIEND told me he was thinking how cool it could be to get on the roof of a local bank (my FRIEND was driving by). Then my FRIEND thought that it might be too dangerous, as if you were on the roof of a bank, it could likely be very suspicious if caught. So my FRIEND doesn't think he'll do it.
Disclaimer: The above is total fiction. Since when wasn't your friend allowed to think and have ideas?
I think about killing people or smashing their heads in but that doesn't mean I will or want to.
|
|
#399
 2003-10-30, 08:17
|
naill 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
lol well u also gota know howto talkto people man ya cant just get all angry or act like a scared litle baby if cought you dont need an aliby inless your doing somthing like planning a bank robbery... so when your cought just tell whoever catches you exactly what your doing and why if your just doing it for fun and not a complete asshole or idiot about it youll most likely just get a warning
|
|
#400
 2003-10-30, 13:03
|
lockpicker03 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Stryker:
Since when wasn't your friend allowed to think and have ideas?
I think about killing people or smashing their heads in but that doesn't mean I will or want to. OK, sorry about that. I've heard everyone on here be like "talk vaguely" "whatever.." you know,
but I'll quit as long as I'm talking about ideas.
But yeah, the bank was exposed, and kind of out in the open, so I thought that if I was to get on the roof, it would be too easy for me to be seen.
|
|
#401
 2003-10-30, 15:43
|
Stryker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:
OK, sorry about that. I've heard everyone on here be like "talk vaguely" "whatever.." you know, but I'll quit as long as I'm talking about ideas.
But yeah, the bank was exposed, and kind of out in the open, so I thought that if I was to get on the roof, it would be too easy for me to be seen. Yeah I understand, I'm just saying your freind has't done anything yet. http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
I'm curious is the bank roof completely flat? Also what surrounds it? Lights, streets, other businesses? How busy is this section of your town/city?
I know where I live most of the areas banks are in are usually dead around 2am and you could easily spot an aprouching car. As long as you weren't standing up walking around I doubt manly people would pay attention to a dark spot on the banks roof. Hell as long as you aren't moving I doubt they'll even pay any attention to the bank itself.
I ask if it's flat because, how the hell you think you are going to get up there? Not to mention if there could be cover from the street.
Also about the whole SWIM and my friend thing. You really shouldn't have to worry unless you are going to commit a crime. Then again maybe I'm the stupid one who will end up getting caught because he thought there wasn't a need to be so cautious. Just my thoughts feel free to edit your post if you think a fed prowling here is going to waste his time on small fry like us.
|
|
#402
 2003-10-30, 21:57
|
lockpicker03 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The bank's roof isn't flat, but the pitch isn't that bad. Also, here's some sorry ASCII art:
Quote: code:<pre>
| | /----------|
| | | |
| | | | < --- bank
| | \__________| |
/ / another road --\|/
__________________________________________
__________________________________________
</pre> OK, that really sucked. Anyway, the banks roof has "valleys" that you could conceal yourself in, and your back would be facing some woods where nobody really hangs out around. It's a fairly
small bank, so I don't know if they have guards at night or not.
Then there's a Roses across the street with a laddar that starts about 5 feet above the ground and goes to the roof, roof is completely flat with a few air conditioning units, about 15 feet or so up. The store is roughly 150 yards long and about 100 yards or so wide. Heh, that would be fun...
I'll try to take a digital picture of the bank if I can and post a link..if not you'll just have to live with the crappy ASCII. Hopefully you can sorta see what it looks like.
|
|
#403
 2003-10-30, 23:13
|
Rangoon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This post is half bump but I post it anyway.
I describe the neighbors (sp?) yard first.
Its a 100-150m long rectangle of land with a fence dividing it a little under half way with the house on the smaller side and a trail big enough for a smallish truck to fit going down to the gate of the dividing fence. The other half is a open paddock where they keep two horses. They have no kids or dogs so I dont have to worry about that. Just for a laugh I was going to see what sort of lock if any they had on the gate into the paddock. Everyone in my house is still up and its about nine o'clock and I "go to bed." Theres no locks or alarms on any of our windows so I can take out my screen and sneak out anytime I want. So I hop out my window head over to the fence line I get mabey 10m away from the fence and wait for a few seconds because the neighbors are still up and I assume they have there window open because I can hear voices coming from a lighted window. Everything seems to be clear so I get closer to the fence. When Im mabey 2m from the fence what looks like a flash light switches on pointing up the trail it swings around and points directly at me. Im crouched and frozen and waiting for someone to say something when it swings back up the trail and switches off. Now this must have been a motion sensor I never knew they had motion sensors. The lesson is do your research of the area you go to even if it is your neighbors yard. Anyone else had experiences with motion sensors any way to disable them bar shutting of the power.
[This message has been edited by Rangoon (edited 10-30-2003).]
|
|
#404
 2003-10-30, 23:19
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
It all sounds like good fun. I'm just trying to think of some roofs to get up on around me. I got
drunk on the village hall roof, and now I think about it, it was fucking dangerous I guess. Also one
of my friends (yes, actually my friend. I don't do all this friend and swim stuff) made front page
local newspaper when he climed onto his roof. I have a scan of the page somewhere... It's pretty
poor quality, but you can deffinitly see him up there. SHEER MADNESS!!!
<A HREF="http://members.lycos.co.uk/dopejam/adams.GIF">http://members.lycos.co.uk/dopejam/a dams.GIF" width="90" height="90</A>
|
|
#405
 2003-10-31, 21:00
|
suck it trebeck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Disclaimer:this is purely for entertainment purposes, it is only a mental game. Iam in no way implying that this is right or should be undertaken.
Anybody ever think about infiltrating the white house? What would the plan look like? What kind of security do they have? Not in order to assasinate anybody but just as an idea. What would it take to sneak into the white house, and Im not talking about those areas accesible to the general public.
|
|
#406
 2003-11-01, 01:40
|
Sam Fisher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by suck it trebeck:
Disclaimer:this is purely for entertainment purposes, it is only a mental game. Iam in no way implying that this is right or should be undertaken.
Anybody ever think about infiltrating the white house? What would the plan look like? What kind of security do they have? Not in order to assasinate anybody but just as an idea. What would it take to sneak into the white house, and Im not talking about those areas accesible to the general public. A LOT OF FUCKING BALLS !!!
True Story:
Bill Gates asked the US Navy SEALS to try and break in to his house, But they couldn't open the front door.
So imagine someone trying to get into the White House.
|
|
#407
 2003-11-01, 02:08
|
Lupin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Yeah; as I mentioned, I'd been lurking for awhile, and I always read these sorts of topics eagerly. I recall something about a guy who ended up getting his ass handed to him by a neighbor's dog (lol), or something along those lines.
Night Vision? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, but I always bring along an El Cheapo NV monocular. It's 1st. generation, etc, but it does pretty much what I need it to. I want some goggles too, but I don't quite have the money (your barest minimum will be around $500) for a good pair. And that's for 1st. generations, expect to pay a lot more for 2nd, 3rd, and if you're Donald Trump/Donald Rumsfeld, 4th.
As for the type of lockpicks I use; I'm not exactly sure, but I ordered them from www.masupply.com
It's kind of a dumb site, and a lot of their martial arts weapons are cheaper (Don't expect to find, say, a Cold Steel SRK knife or anything there), but they have lockpicks, so yeah. I bought the 15piece one; any more is pretty much a waste (for me, at least), unless you plan on breaking into CIA HQ or something.
It's pretty fun to do this, although I'm running out of houses/yards to explore, so I'm planning on expanding my ops to other neighborhoods, or as I mentioned, business complexes, office parks, school campuses, etc. I'm going to have to buy one of those Talon SS suppressed pellet guns ($500..damnit), so I can take out cameras from afar >grin<. Yeah, broken cameras are a trace of infiltration, but it's either that, or just run in front of them. Even if I have a mask on, that's still leaving an even-worse trace of infiltration. Those ops will take some serious planning.
Anyway, thanks for all the replies, and I'll be sticking around for sure, this place rules.
-Infrared
"THERE IS NO REMOTE!!"
-Rocko's Modern Life about the cameras....i remeber getting told the pin number for the security alarms for a local shop,
(my friend works ther), so i thought id better cheq it out, crowbard the back door (i dont have a lockpick kit http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif ) and the hit the pin number....nothing speacial i took a few packs of smokes, some beer and some wine, nothing speacial.... but then i remebers the cameras, so i looked all over the shop for the VCR and replaced the tape with an old tape as the new one, they re-use them after a few weeks anyway, so they wouldent noitice. anyway... you seem like a pritty cool and inteligent guy, but you might want to consider trying a similar method to deal with the CCTV in a more unnoticable way.
rock on infra
|
|
#408
 2003-11-03, 08:13
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
FINALLY did my business complex op!! Went great, but with a small hitch. I will post about it later,
a la' my "Mountain op".
Thought I'd post the equipment list too:
-Magnum Shield boots (these keep your feet warmer than the Stealths)
-Columbia River M18 folding knife
-SureFire Z2 CombatLight with Infrared and red filters handy, and extra batteries
-ultra-thin leather gloves
-lockpicks, of course
-collapsible canteen full of water, also attached to LB vest
-Heat-exchanging facemask (it was fucking freezing out, and this also served to hide my face some)
-laser pointer with a small homemade tripod, in case I needed it for cameras (and I mean small it fit in one of the tiny pouches on my vest
-Night-vision monocular, worn on my face with the homemade harness mentioned before
-normal 10X binoculars
-Vaseline, worn on lips, because they get really fucking chapped when it's cold out.
-cell phone, turned off completely so no signal can be traced; I kept this in case some serious shit went down. Nothing did.
-All stuff carried in this load-bearing vest:
http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/tame.exe/agcatalog/level4s.tam?xax=13441&M5COPY %2Ectx=7670&M5%2Ectx=7 670&M2%5FDESC%2Ectx=Tactical%20Load%20Bearing%20As sault%20Vests%20%26%2 0Gear% 20Pouches&level3%2Ectx=results%2Etam&query%2Ectx=K 21528&backto=%2Fagcatalog%2Fresults%2Etam
(I tried using the URL tags and making that a hyperlink, but it wouldn't work for some reason, sorry.)
More on the op later
-Infrared
Edit: The URL is too long to just click. You'll have to C/P if you're interested
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 11-03-2003).]
|
|
#409
 2003-11-05, 06:20
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
OKAY, muthafuckas! The Business Complex op:
First, I reached my insertion point via friend in car. It was in the bus-stop pull-over lane type area on a road that's pretty busy during the day, but dark and dead during the night. The bus stop was especially nestled-in. I climbed over the waist-high wall there and laid down behind it, in the dirt/tumbleweeds, and I scoped out my mark, both with night vision and with good binocs, for a good 20 minutes or so. No one around. I mentioned before that a security guard shows up in a truck and drives around for awhile at the same time nightsly, so I waited for him; he came, drove a few circles, got out and did something or other, then left. I waited a few more minutes for good measure, then proceeded along on my stomach across the dirt/tumbleweed/ugly shrub field, on my way to the building, which was maybe 500 yards away or so, from this point. I reached the end, and sat still and looked around for awhile longer, making sure no one was around, then set to work. I slipped by the camera; it was a swivelling camera, which I think was more intended to monitor the surrounding (in-development) parking lot, instead of the door, so that was easy. I went into the recessed little atrium to the door (which still isn't there yet), slipped inside. There wasn't much in there; just a bunch of building scrap material and a few caulking guns which I'm assuming they were using when they put windows in. There was also a temporary staircase put in to reach the higher floors, so I took this, proceeding along very carefully, and using my NV monocular, and the IR filter on my flashlight. It was pitch-dark in there, because on that floor, the windows were still covered with thick paper. In the dark, I could see more caulking guns, and an incomplete section of the floor that one could fall through if they weren't watching. This floor sucked, so I found the next temp. staircase and ascended. Same darkness.
I mentioned that there was a bit of a hitch. Here it is: I had just reached the top of that staircase, then I hear someone drive up. "OH SHIT!" I think. Had I been spotted? Was this a mild breaking of the routine on the security patrol? What? Uh oh. I quickly but quietly found a place to hide up there, ducked my ass down, and stayed ABSOLUTELY silent. I listened hard. Two men walked in, a couple rent-a-cops. "Oh fuck, I WAS spotted.." I was thinking, but then instead of clearing the area, they simply came in, sat down on the bottom step of the FIRST staircase (not the one I just ascended), and fucking opened up a bag of food and started eating.
"Hey Aaron, you been seein' all that shit that's goin on over in the mid-east right now? Man, more of our boys die every day!"
"Yeah, it's fucked-up. They need to be patrolling the streets with tanks, not hummers. Hummers blow up too easy."
Etc, etc. They sat a good 15 minutes and ate, then got up and began to leave.
No, that wasn't the hitch. THIS is the hitch:
Just as they were standing up, a caulking gun that had been sitting on an unfinished window sill right next to where I was hiding fell. I'm still not sure if it just decided to fall at that point, or if I knocked it off, or what. Of course, it drew a "What the hell was that?" from a rent-a-cop. One flicked on his Maglite and began to ascend that first staircase (remember, I was on the third floor) fairly slowly. Remember I mentioned that there was heavy paper covering the window openings?
Well, I fucking got my blade out, and used it to VERY QUICKLY, but quietly, lift the duct tape holding one of them down. I did that, and I slipped under the paper, let it fall back down, and sat on the windowsill, outside in the cold, just as I heard the guard begin to ascend the second staircase, to my floor. I sat there, mind racing, hoping that the window paper I'd just lifted didn't look like it had been fucked-with. He came up there, alright, and he did a quick pass with his Maglite. This is where it got critical.
Nothing. I must have done a good job. He went up one more floor, before his partner yelled up, "HEY! IT WAS PROBABLY JUST SOMETHING FALLING! THIS PLACE IS STILL BEING BUILD, YAKNOW!". The guard must have agreed, since he about-faced and came back down. I was still outside on the window sill, mind, so I waited until I heard their truck start up and leave (there was no danger of being spotted, because their truck, and only point of exit, were on the adjacent side of the building). They left, and I waited there, frozen, both from the adrenaline and from the coldass weather, for a good five minutes. I finally got it together and cut my way back through the paper and into the building. Aside from the new, I-shaped cut in it, the paper didn't look tampered with, meaning there was nothing suspicious about it when the rent-a-cop looked. I went back in and explored the next floor. Nothing on that one, but when I got to the highest one...I found, in the darkness, a bunch of stuff. Paint cans, more caulking guns, a couple power tools, an old can full of those little .22 blanks that they use to drive spikes into the walls (I think), a bunch of glass windows in a stack; all kinds of stuff. I guess this was their base floor, which seems stupid, but meh. This time I did take something: A single caulking gun. I know this sounds lame; I just took it more for symbolism than anything, since it was the noise from one that almost got me caught, and because there were so many others anyway. Next, I just got back down the stairs and exited, still mindful of the camera. I kept very low and got back across the field to my extraction, who was ON TIME this time. I heard him pull up when I was about 100 feet away.
This op was eventful, yet uneventful. I'm going to aim higher next time; do something a little more risky and fun, and explore someplace more worth exploring. I'll think of stuff, make an elementary plan or two, and keep you guys posted.
-Infrared
(Edit: Woops, I forgot; this entire post is fictitious, and no thread is expressed or implied. None of the above activities took place, or ever will.)
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 11-05-2003).]
|
|
#410
 2003-11-05, 07:27
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Maybe you should try something a little riskier? It seems like you can keep level-headed in stressful situations and know what you're doing for the most part.
|
|
#411
 2003-11-05, 14:25
|
lockpicker03 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Nice op, Infrared! Any ideas on possible ops in the future? Also - a quick question...where did you get your NV monocular / who makes it? And do you know of a good black colored LED flashlight with red and IR filters?
-lockpicker03
|
|
#412
 2003-11-06, 02:52
|
Black As Night 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
OKAY, muthafuckas! The Business Complex op:
First, I reached my insertion point via friend in car. It was in the bus-stop pull-over lane type area on a road that's pretty busy during the day, but dark and dead during the night. The bus stop was
especially nestled-in. I climbed over the waist-high wall there and laid down behind it, in the dirt/tumbleweeds, and I scoped out my mark, both with night vision and with good binocs, for a good 20 minutes or so. No one around. I mentioned before that a security guard shows up in a truck and drives around for awhile at the same time nightsly, so I waited for him; he came, drove a few circles, got out and did something or other, then left. I waited a few more minutes for good measure, then proceeded along on my stomach across the dirt/tumbleweed/ugly shrub field, on my way to the building, which was maybe 500 yards away or so, from this point. I reached the end, and sat still and looked around for awhile longer, making sure no one was around, then set to work. I slipped by the camera; it was a swivelling camera, which I think was more intended to monitor the surrounding (in-development) parking lot, instead of the door, so that was easy. I went into the recessed little atrium to the door (which still isn't there yet), slipped inside. There wasn't much in there; just a bunch of building scrap material and a few caulking guns which I'm assuming they were using when they put windows in. There was also a temporary staircase put in to reach the higher floors, so I took this, proceeding along very carefully, and using my NV monocular, and the IR filter on my flashlight. It was pitch-dark in there, because on that floor, the windows were still covered with thick paper. In the dark, I could see more caulking guns, and an incomplete section of the floor that one could fall through if they weren't watching. This floor sucked, so I found the next temp. staircase and ascended. Same darkness.
I mentioned that there was a bit of a hitch. Here it is: I had just reached the top of that staircase, then I hear someone drive up. "OH SHIT!" I think. Had I been spotted? Was this a mild breaking of the routine on the security patrol? What? Uh oh. I quickly but quietly found a place to hide up there, ducked my ass down, and stayed ABSOLUTELY silent. I listened hard. Two men walked in, a couple rent-a-cops. "Oh fuck, I WAS spotted.." I was thinking, but then instead of clearing the area, they simply came in, sat down on the bottom step of the FIRST staircase (not the one I just ascended), and fucking opened up a bag of food and started eating.
"Hey Aaron, you been seein' all that shit that's goin on over in the mid-east right now? Man, more of our boys die every day!"
"Yeah, it's fucked-up. They need to be patrolling the streets with tanks, not hummers. Hummers blow up too easy."
Etc, etc. They sat a good 15 minutes and ate, then got up and began to leave.
No, that wasn't the hitch. THIS is the hitch:
Just as they were standing up, a caulking gun that had been sitting on an unfinished window sill right next to where I was hiding fell. I'm still not sure if it just decided to fall at that point, or if I knocked it off, or what. Of course, it drew a "What the hell was that?" from a rent-a-cop. One flicked on his Maglite and began to ascend that first staircase (remember, I was on the third floor) fairly slowly. Remember I mentioned that there was heavy paper covering the window openings? Well, I fucking got my blade out, and used it to VERY QUICKLY, but quietly, lift the duct tape holding one of them down. I did that, and I slipped under the paper, let it fall back down, and sat on the windowsill, outside in the cold, just as I heard the guard begin to ascend the second staircase, to my floor. I sat there, mind racing, hoping that the window paper I'd just lifted didn't look like it had been fucked-with. He came up there, alright, and he did a quick pass with his Maglite. This is where it got critical.
Nothing. I must have done a good job. He went up one more floor, before his partner yelled up, "HEY! IT WAS PROBABLY JUST SOMETHING FALLING! THIS PLACE IS STILL BEING BUILD, YAKNOW!". The guard must have agreed, since he about-faced and came back down. I was still outside on the window sill, mind, so I waited until I heard their truck start up and leave (there was no danger of being spotted, because their truck, and only point of exit, were on the adjacent side of the building). They left, and I waited there, frozen, both from the adrenaline and from the coldass weather, for a good five minutes. I finally got it together and cut my way back through the
paper and into the building. Aside from the new, I-shaped cut in it, the paper didn't look tampered with, meaning there was nothing suspicious about it when the rent-a-cop looked. I went back in and explored the next floor. Nothing on that one, but when I got to the highest one...I found, in the darkness, a bunch of stuff. Paint cans, more caulking guns, a couple power tools, an old can full of those little .22 blanks that they use to drive spikes into the walls (I think), a bunch of glass windows in a stack; all kinds of stuff. I guess this was their base floor, which seems stupid, but meh. This time I did take something: A single caulking gun. I know this sounds lame; I just took it more for symbolism than anything, since it was the noise from one that almost got me caught, and because there were so many others anyway. Next, I just got back down the stairs and exited, still mindful of the camera. I kept very low and got back across the field to my extraction, who was ON TIME this time. I heard him pull up when I was about 100 feet away.
This op was eventful, yet uneventful. I'm going to aim higher next time; do something a little more risky and fun, and explore someplace more worth exploring. I'll think of stuff, make an elementary plan or two, and keep you guys posted.
-Infrared
(Edit: Woops, I forgot; this entire post is fictitious, and no thread is expressed or implied. None of the above activities took place, or ever will.)
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 11-05-2003).]
Sweet op Infrared! Hey i was just wondering if you new how to bypass or disarm alarms systems. all information iv gotten from this site still hasn't helped me out.
Ps. fuck all of you who still think im a cop
BAN
Note: For informational purposes only.
|
|
#413
 2003-11-06, 04:24
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ahhhh that is a pretty sweet op infrared.
Can some of you post a picture of your self with all ur camo gear on etc?That would be kool.I will try and get one of me,i dont have a scanner thats the only problem.
|
|
#414
 2003-11-07, 06:59
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Actually, I can do that, once I get my digital camera. The pic I posted on FTJ was from someone
elses, but I can get a digicam. I'll post my op pic sometime
|
|
#415
 2003-11-07, 07:22
|
Mr_PoePoe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just got back from my first night ops tonight, well it wasnt really a night ops. You see I live in a semi-country enviroment, so night ops is a little different for me.
I traveled through the woods close to my house, on some semi-trail I've never been on. Came to a house, surveyed it for a brief period, then I got pretty cold since it was below freezing and I came I'll prepared for that weather.
Doing night ops in a country type enviroment is different, but probably easier. There is a much larger threat of wild life, I heard a deer run off short distance away from me. Birds fly off from trees when your standing right next to you, scaring the shit out of you. But you still walk for a great distance with out even seeing a house, whether you want to or not.
Overall I'd say this mission was succesful. It was more of a test run, I figured out where I need to go, (after getting a little bit lost a few times). I figured that I need to wear more clothing.
One thing I need to do is get quieter, any tips on walking through a dead-leaf-ridden environment?
*edit to add: Long time lurker, first time poster. And no I'm not a cop nor am I affiliated with any police, FBI, CIA etc. no matter what my name might make you think.
[This message has been edited by Mr_PoePoe (edited 11-07-2003).]
|
|
#416
 2003-11-07, 09:54
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok I went on my first night op in a few months and got back 20 minutes ago. It was quite a lot of
fun Yay.
I started off by reading this whole topic, every page. Then I proceeded to load up my full woodland camo BDU with my vice grips, an energy bar, my monocular (not NV), my keys in case I got locked out and because theres a small but bright LED keychain on there, my cell phone for the time and in case I got hurt (it was on vibrate mode mind you) and my compact 3 in 1 knife. My regular half serrated razor sharp lockback with rubber grips is at my moms, and my backup half serrated lockback broke, thats why it wasn't my primary hehe, so I had to take the small 3 in 1 I got as a 10 year old. It still does it's job though. I took a climbing clip, the one for holding ropes, and I clipped my steel bb shooting pistol on it, and it hid nicely behind my BDU top.
I put on an old pair of shoes because my new ones have relfective strips on them and my black boots don't fit and I need to get new ones.
I found a nice black scarf in the closet so I wrapped my head in it like a balaclava, and I was able to pull the mouth/nose covering piece down at my will when the risk was low.
I proceeded to leave from my back door, and hid in a grove of trees that are in my back yard, and I scoped out the surrounding houses. No one had seen me leave. I then went down into my front yard following the grove and crossing a 15 foot open space. The grove goes all the way to the road, so I sat in silence and watched my neighbors house across the street, as this would be my first target. I saw no signs of life within the house so I retraced my way back through my back yard, and followed the grove of trees which loops around and forms a U around my house. I went down to the road on the other side, and crossed after making sure no one was watching. I went into the neighbors side yard and hid in their small trees, but it was a very unsheltered area so I quickly moved further back. I went down towards their back yard but it was surrounded by a thin wire fence on all sides. Every once in a while I heard what sounded like someone walking through the leaves..there were lots of leaves out tonight and I avoided what I could...and I thought someone, or possibly a coyote, was sneaking up on me. I took out my bb pistol and cocked it, and looked around with my scope. I saw nothing and heard nothing more for a few minutes. I put it away and I readied my knife by holding it with the blade down, and concealed behind my arm like I was taught in my martial arts. The largest blade has some old flooring glue on it that had turned black, so it made the blade invisible in the night while not cutting down on the cutting efficiency. After a while I heard coyotes howling and yipping in the distance, and heard nothing more near me. I proceeded on with my mission to get into the neighbors back yard. I would have jumped the fence but it was too high. I took out my vice grips and cut a door in the fence big enough to fit through. I then proceeded along inside their yard, and up towards the house. I crept to the pool and watched from a hidden space for movement in the house, and I also checked for sensor lights. There were no lights and the house was clear, so I proceeded up to the house. I crept along the house keeping under windows and staying low. I got to the other side and peered in the garage window. Nothing of interest. I followed the wooden fence on this side down to the
back and around, back to my original hole in the wire fence. I climbed out then I repaired the hole in the fence using my vice grips so that no one would know it was there but me, and I would also be able to use it in the future. I know I shouldn't leave any traces but only someone really looking would go under the trees and try to break the fence apart..so it's basically fine. I then crept up the side yard, and taking a risk went in front of the house avoiding windows. I crept down past the garage and then I walked down the street to my next target.
This next target had a chain link fence that I could easily jump..but the gate was unlocked so I opened it silently. I crept into the back yard keeping low and went around the under side of the deck. I crept up towards the deck stairs, getting a little more daring. I heard a click and saw a red light so I froze. I saw the sensor light sitting there, it was hiddin amongst flowering pots so I didn't notice it beforehand. I tried to move slowly away but it clicked on anyway. Following the advice of IR I closed one eye to save my night vision. I hid under the deck for a while, and I heard footsteps in the house. Sounded light, like the 13-14 year old girl who lived there. It definitely wouldn't look good for me if I was caught outside seemingly stalking this girl, so I crept to the gate and opened it again, and left.
Having enough of going behind houses on a night when it is so bright (it's not pitch dark, you couldn't see me under tonights conditions, unless there was no tree cover which is the case in a lot of places, and you were looking. I walked down to the other housing development where the houses are newer, and this place was bright as day. I didn't dare do anything here, so I just walked down to the newly built cul-de sac that isn't on the maps I drew up because it didn't exist until like a year ago. I then came up and at the top of the cul de sac there are 2 houses being built, so I went in and explored them both. I found nothing of interest in either one, nothing out of the ordinary just a couple of houses being built. I heard some crashing so I took cover inside an un finished closet, with no door like everything else in the house. There were no lights in the house yet so my chances of being spotted were slim, although the background was quite brightly colored. I hid in the shadows behind the part of the closet that jutted out for 10 minutes, and, hearing nothing more left my position. I decided to get out of there, and went to the front door. I heard more crashing but had no where to go, and it sounded like it was coming out of the room to my left. I opened the door and closed it and came outside hoping whatever was making the crashing was still inside, and wouldn't notice me. I walked out to the street and continued walking. I heard the crash again and looked up...it was only some tyvek stuff they put on the new houses before they have shingles, flapping in the breeze and making metallic crashing noises. I breathed a sigh of relief and took out my energy bar that I ate half of on the way over, because I was feeling some fatigue. I walked back to my house and went around back, and came in here and got on totse to tell you all about it. I left at around 2:20 and arrived home at 4:15. I hope you all like my adventures in the dark.
Edit: Yay post number 555.
I also drew up some maps on the op, using aerial photos I got from terraserverusa.com and the microsoft paint program. If someone would be willing to host I can send them to you, or else I can just host on geocities but only a few of you will get to see it. Either way they aren't up tonight. I am not sure if I want to go to the trouble of it if no one cares, so reply and tell me if you want to see the maps. Good night everyone and be careful out there!
Edit number 2: I decided to upload the maps to geocities, just because I'm so thrilled with how tonight went. By the way I do have a car but it's in the garage and my dad would wake up if I opened the garage door, and wheres the fun in driving around on night ops anyway.
To view the files you can type www.geocities.com/shardaerithes/route1.jpg
and
www.geocities.com/shardaerithes/route2.jpg
Obviously start with route 1 and proceed onto route 2. Remember you need to TYPE that into the addy bar, it won't work if you click on it. I will try to use the img tags below too, but I doubt they will work with stupid old geocities.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/shardaerithes/route1.jpg">http://www.geocities.com/shardaerith es/route1.jpg" width="90" height="90</A>
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/shardaerithes/route2.jpg">http://www.geocities.com/shardaerith es/route2.jpg" width="90" height="90</A>
Thanks to all who read my post! Long live night ops! Infrared you're the master, tell me what you think.
[This message has been edited by SephirothAngelus (edited 11-07-2003).]
|
|
#417
 2003-11-07, 14:24
|
Captain_Cool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Once SWIM and a mate were sitting around drinking when for some reason SWIM looked in a closet and found a 5L can of whit paint, SWIM and friend when to the local highschool sith said paint can and a knife.
once inside the school SWIM proceded to stab a hole in the top and bottom then went running around the school like a mad man trailing paint everywhere trying to wright shit but not doing a good job of it
|
|
#418
 2003-11-07, 19:46
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
the bb gun shoots steel .177 bbs, it hurts a lot more than an airsoft gun but I didn't bring it for
protection I brought it more like a tool to shoot out a sensor light or something, although I don't
think at this point I would shoot out a light or anything. If I hit you with the bb gun it will break the
skin and go into you, and if I hit you in the face I think you'll be stunned enough that my knife
slicing your throat would be a suprise. No one around here has guns anyway, and I wouldn't kill
anyone unless they were threatening me with my life. Plus they have to see you to use a shotgun.
You can't see me, I'm invisible!
|
|
#419
 2003-11-09, 01:21
|
DUI 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I just went out for the first time tonight and it was great except for the leaves. I want to explore certain yards but don't because the dead leaves make so much damn noise . Any suggestions?
|
|
#420
 2003-11-09, 02:01
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by DUI:
I just went out for the first time tonight and it was great except for the leaves. I want to explore certain yards but don't because the dead leaves make so much damn noise . Any suggestions? Man, this fucking topic has been going on since like middle of summer. oh yeah DUI, turn your foot a little and the leaves wont make AS MUCH noise.
|
|
#421
 2003-11-09, 07:17
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
DUI try to slip your foot under the leaves, kind of wedge between them instead of stepping on
them. You will see what I mean next time you go out.
|
|
#422
 2003-11-09, 08:44
|
Stryker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
INFRARED and others.... Just because I find it annoying (I saw this in IR's recently posted document) and want to clear up any confusion BDU stands for Battle Dress UNIFORM not Utility.
[This message has been edited by Stryker (edited 11-09-2003).]
|
|
#423
 2003-11-09, 09:39
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
SephirothAngelus,way to go man.
I went to have a look at your website but its down at the moment.
Your op sounded really good,will you be doing another one?
Everyone else,i am still interested in seeing what you all look like in your Battle Dress Uniforms(thanks 4 clearing up what BDU standed for Stryker.
|
|
#424
 2003-11-09, 09:55
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I was thinking(yeh can you beleive it),if somebody caught me(i am 13) in there backyard there
would not be much said about it after woulds as well people would just think i am a kid who likes
to play army.But if say an older male 25years old or something was caught he would probaly
be called a sicko and everyone would think he is some sick fuck that was looking thorugh girls windows,all the neighboure would hate him.Hmmmm i know this is probaly just crap but i just thought i would post it to make some of you think more of the consequences if by some slim chance you were caught.I beleive that thought helps me focus more on not getting caught,i know people with think im just playing army but if i was caught under someones window with binoculars ...its not what it looks like i swear!
|
|
#425
 2003-11-09, 10:13
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ir...veg171132.html
*claps*It got posted on the News section on the start up screen.I hope this will encourage more people into doing missions!
|
|
#426
 2003-11-10, 03:54
|
Shotokan_Brawler 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infrared, good job with the file, read it earlier today. If I ever have the odd urge to do some serious
trespassing, I'll consult you. Oh and by the way, theres someone else on this site called inphra
red or something, just thought I should tell you.
|
|
#427
 2003-11-10, 05:52
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I went to go out on a night op tonight but it was so dark and I got really scared so I went back home and had milk and cookies. When I got back home I had to change my shorts because I seem to have soiled them...
|
|
#428
 2003-11-10, 10:35
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeh i used to get scared right before i went on an op. I always look outside and go like...fuck this i
wanna go to bed,but once you are out there it is different.You set your mind on your task and you
do it.For me it just sort of comes naturally.I am unable to do any ops for the next 3-weeks and my
dad is home and he like gets up all the time and cheks the doors for some reason,i think he may
be trying to catch me sneaking out...muahhaha u will never catch me!
|
|
#429
 2003-11-11, 10:31
|
Stryker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
For the sake of Night Ops, can some of you be a little mature. Not to name names, but please don't act like such idiots.
Anyways, you just can't go shooting people in your backyard. Also if I caught someone prowling
around my property you better believe I'm coming at you with a knife. I'm very capable of handling myself with and without a weapon so you little arrogant kids, yes kids, watch out.
I know some of you aren't kids and I know some of you aren't dumb enough to pull your BB/Airsoft guns but for those with the brass get ready to have 10" of cold steel slice and stab you. Trust me I slice before I stab. (I wonder who will make a comment about that..)
As for the whole, "see me if you can". I have a security light as well as several other lights. There is no brush, bush, or any form of cover in my yard so I don't think I'll have a hard time spotting you. I will admit I've had flashlights on me both lying and crouched and not been spotted. Every time, however, I had some form of cover.
I'm curious boxmuncher, what was your MOS? Please don't say something like Supply Clerk and if you mention any type of Special Forces, I want background info, name, class, ect so I can check out if you are legit or not.
LOC DOGG did you fail to notice that night ops have a army-mystique to them? Also dogs sleep day and night, most are easily awoken and can sense and smell you before you know it. They often are protective animals and even if not being protective will usually bark and draw attention. You seem to lack common sense but coming from China that is no suprise. (I know you are Australian, I just like to see your dumb come back to that)
Nothing really left for me to pick apart so I think I'm done.
IR, we are clear you understand what BDU stands for, right??? http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
Night ops are fun, if you have a real objective and there is a real challenge involved.
[This message has been edited by Stryker (edited 11-12-2003).]
|
|
#430
 2003-11-12, 20:38
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is a bit off topic, and I know haloween was awhile ago is kinda of gay, but this is pretty funny
so I'll post it anyways. SWIM and ASWIM, on haloween night went up to the door of some lady
and said in a very childish and pathetic voice, "Could we please have some water, we are very
thirsty?" Of course the lady was like, "Sure," and went to get 3 cups of water. From previous
recon done that night, they could see where the candy bowl was and they knew where the
kitchen was. So when she went to the back of the house to the kitchen, ASWIM opened her
screen door and grabbed the bowl of candy! Then all of the ran down the street with the candy
and emptied it into a bag, ditching the bowl two lawns down. Then they saw her get into the car
and start driving down the street, but thanks to nite-op practice, she didnt see them. They
continued to run out of that neighborhood to do some "TRICK or treating" else where. Later, a 3rd
SWIM who had a police scanner told them that the cops had been called for larsony! It was
hilarious, but mean to the poor lady, luckily they threw their concious (or however its spelled) into
the furnace so no regrets.
NOTICE: I do not know anyone in this story and had nothing to do with it.
|
|
#431
 2003-11-13, 02:38
|
kingpants holy crap 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
on a midnight walk, turned into an op.
by the market, a dog starts following me. looks cute. i pet it, it starts growling and tries to bite. so i ran. it stopped, took a whiz, i went into someone's driveway, over their fence over the backyard, safe. windy as heck.
if the dog barked, i didn't hear it. a few chairs, a picnic table and all that went flying.
now a folding chair GRAZED MY HEAD. i decided i needed cover. suddenly, i heard the tornado sirens. i saw a funnel cloud, close.
i ran the opposite way, blasted in the face with wind, trying to push me into the funnel
threw my jacket to the wind, and ran for the nearest large building
a dominicks. perfect. silent sliding doors. i walked in. the jerks were still open. i ducked and weaved through the aisles to a safe hiding spot. i decided to swipe some crap, too. cheap as free, anyway.
so, i took my pringles and mountain dew and box-stuffed 'em in a vacuum box, but just walked out the unguarded exit
what the hell was i doing. a crack of thunder made me drop them outside, as I ran back in for cover. an employee! i casually went into the appliances section and then hid behind a fridge.
so i explored, for a looong time, until the storm let up. i grabbed my crap, and left.
a fictional work by kingpants
|
|
#432
 2003-11-14, 00:01
|
Bandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well fuck, i had a great big thing typed out and then i accidently hit a button and its gone. Well here i go again.
I just read this entire thread and i had to register and join in. Its about time i found people with the same hobbies as me. Me and many of my friends enjoy to go on "missions" as we call them. Over the past few years we have "infiltrated" somewhere around 15-20 old houses and other seemingly abandoned buildings. We park a few miles or so away to be safe then go through the woods to the target area if possible. If woods aren't avaliable we try to take the most hidden route, a creek bed or tall weeds will get the job done. Once we reach the target area we try to gain access to the building with as little damage as possible. Once in a while we get lucky and we find a cellar dor that isn't locked or has a hasp on the houtside and can be easily unscrewed. If we can't find any easy way in we have to do it the hard way. Sadly none of us know how to pick a lock and we have to use a hammer or crowbar. I've been thinking of trying to make myself a set of lockpicks and learn to use them but i lack the materials, but back to the story at hand. Once we gain access we designate one or two guys to stand watch, can't be to careful. Once inside we spread out and have a look around, if we see something that cathes our eye and isn't of much value we take it. The biggest thing i've taken is a old olive drab trenchcoat that is now part of my "mission clothing". If you are wondering, yes i washed it before i wore it. Other things i've taken include stuff like a letter opener, bottle opener, maginfying glass, and a bottle of gun blueing compound. The gun bluing compund came in quite handy on my knife i always take on missions with me. Its a old schrade fixed blade hunting knife, has about a 4 1/2 inch blade and will hold an increadibly sharp edge. The blade of it was very shiny but it wasn't stainless steel and would rust easily if you weren't careful and wiped it off after each night. Now the blade is a nice beep blue/black and is a lot less likely to rust. One of my friends found a mini metal detector and took it from one house, i didn't like hime to take it but it wasn't my decision so he took it. After the people looking around in the house have finished looking they switch with the guards and let them have a go at it. Once everyone is finished we pack up all the items we got and came with and make our way back to the escape vehicle. A little tip for anyone who drives their vehicle on a "mission", a good rubberband will silence those noisy keys and some hot glue will quiet any metal on metal noises. My normal "Mission clothing" and eqipment follows.
Clothing, depending on conditions: Black Sneakers Camo Hunting Boots Brown Hiking Shoes Comfortable black socks Desert Camo Army Pants Green Camo Army Pants Green Camo Shirt Any Dark Colored Shirt, turtlenecks work good Thermal Underwear if its cold Olive Green Trenchcoat Camo Hunting Gloves (thin) Came Balaclava Black Backpack with modifications Equipment: Large Knife, with dark blade Small Bright Flashlight, red lens Small Pair Binoculars Ratcheting T-Handle Screwdriver, many bits 20 oz Framing Hammer Crowbar Walkie Talkie, depending on location
Well thats about it, any comments or help on my clothing/equipment would be greatly apprecaited. Before i go i have one question. I wear glasses and they are quite reflective, any ideas on how to cut down on the reflecting aside from contacts?
|
|
#433
 2003-11-14, 22:15
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Wear one of them fishermens hats if you know what i mean like the boyscouts wear like this but in camo colours ofcourse http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
<A HREF="http://www.jclreklam.se/offertshop/Bilder/375be.gif">http://www.jclreklam.se/offertshop/Bil der/375be.gif" width="90" height="90</A>
|
|
#434
 2003-11-15, 07:35
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Went on a mission last night...heres details
Myself and 3 others snuck out at around 12am.Our mission was to infiltrate a school,we exited the house and made our way down some streets and through some parks.
We were running across a park when we spotted a police helicopter with its spot light on.We ducked down in the bushes and the spotlight went over us,it lit the enite park up like day was really cool.Any way the helicopter kept going.
We carried on and as we were walking down some streets firgging security came.We did not escape in time and a large spotlight shined on us,we ran and ran and turned down a street the car followed us.Soon we came to a dead end,we had ran into a fucking colder sack.The guy got out and asked us what we were doin,we said we had been at ninja trainin that night(we do missions in the traditional ninja outfit) and we just went to a mates place after and we were making our way home.We said we didnt realize he was security and we thought some weirdo was following us.I could tell he knew we were lyeing.He just asked us were we trained and shit.He let us go so we carried onto our school.
We checked out the perimeter and we looked inside and found there hole thing was full of alarms,so we went home!
thats all :-)
hehe
|
|
#435
 2003-11-15, 17:37
|
Bandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just a little question about my trenchcoat here. I took it out for a testrun yesterday, just walking around in the woods at night. I took it off a couple tims and laid it behind bushes and whatnot and then looked at the bushes to see if i could see it. Almost everytime i did this it stuck out. I'm going to dye it a different color. I'm thinking brown would be good, if you have any better ideas please tell me.
|
|
#436
 2003-11-15, 18:52
|
MSW2006 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bandit:
Just a little question about my trenchcoat here. I took it out for a testrun yesterday, just walking around in the woods at night. I took it off a couple tims and laid it behind bushes and whatnot and then looked at the bushes to see if i could see it. Almost everytime i did this it stuck out. I'm going to dye it a different color. I'm thinking brown would be good, if you have any better ideas please tell me. I wouldn't really recommend a trench coat to begin with, but, if you choose to use it (what color is it now) then dye it either dark green or dark blue.
|
|
#437
 2003-11-15, 20:09
|
DUI 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I walk my dog every night up at the local school. The other day I saw two cars pull up next to each other and then they both got out and started talking. I ran home threw my gear on and ran up there but they were all gone. I'm thinking that it had something to do with drugs(I don't live in the best neighborhood)cause they left there cars running and there lights on. This isn't the first time I have seen this. I'll be stalking this place for a while and post if I see anything. I hope they
hide money in the woods for someone else to pick up, that would be unlikely though.
|
|
#438
 2003-11-17, 04:38
|
AGruntsJaggon *points to jail* 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sounds like a good idea, but the way your going about it is bad, this place is full of pigs, KEEP IT HYPOTHETICAL!!! I wish I had a soda machine in my room. Maybe you could sell it on eBay? Whatever.
On another topic, the other nite, SWIM was out side on his bike harrassing some goddam nuns (SWIM is atheist, dont be offended) and he heard them say sumthin about callin the cops so he rode home. Then like 15 mins later he left the house to do some egging, but he went to Giant first to buy eggs. 15 mins later (30 mins after the nuns) SWIM was walking to his targets house thru the church parking lot, wen a pigmobile pulled up accross the parking lot. So SWIM ran into the woods and hid from the pigs. According to ASWIM, the pigs had been power walking towards them but had given up. Now, SWIM is wondering why they were there, because SWIM knows it takes like 3 mins for them to get there, isnt it a nationwide policy to get there really fast? Maybe they were doing their regular neighborhood watch "rounds", or do you think they setup a trap? Now SWIM and ASWIM are all paranoid and hear weird noises and people walking when they are there, or are there actually pigs waiting for them?
|
|
#439
 2003-11-17, 04:54
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AGruntsJaggon:
On another topic, the other nite, SWIM was out side on his bike harrassing some goddam nuns (SWIM is atheist, dont be offended) and he heard them say sumthin about callin the cops so he rode home. Then like 15 mins later he left the house to do some egging, but he went to Giant first to buy eggs. 15 mins later (30 mins after the nuns) SWIM was walking to his targets house thru the church parking lot, wen a pigmobile pulled up accross the parking lot. So SWIM ran into the woods and hid from the pigs. According to ASWIM, the pigs had been power walking towards them but had given up. Now, SWIM is wondering why they were there, because SWIM knows it takes like 3 mins for them to get there, isnt it a nationwide policy to get there really fast? Maybe they were doing their regular neighborhood watch "rounds", or do you think they setup a trap? Now SWIM and ASWIM are all paranoid and hear weird noises and people walking when they are there, or are there actually pigs waiting for them? its prolly cops reporting to the call, then double-checking, then on their usual night route. it happens here all hte time. we use my "Thundering Kings RPG" at the local park, 5 minutes later, a cop car and one of them big ass cop cars to carry prisoners drives past the area, then 10 minutes later, same thing. 1 hour later, same thing again. they will go away, and paranoia is a good thing.....
|
|
#440
 2003-11-17, 21:14
|
Mr. Teal 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I just read this whole thread. took 2 cups of coffee and now my eyes are a little tired, lol.
You guys are pretty cool. I'd like to try a nightop, start small and just sneak around some gardens n stuff. The only problem is that i live with my parents and my dad is strict as fuck about me being out of my room at night, nevermind going outside.
|
|
#441
 2003-11-19, 23:28
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infared I could use a guy like you in some of my day-time ops but then again you sound like a
nighttime op only kinda guy... bummer.
Anywho can you point me to your tried and proven locking picking kit and any books/videos in which helped you?
Infrared
2003-11-20 02:31
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LSA King:
Infared I could use a guy like you in some of my day-time ops but then again you sound like a nighttime op only kinda guy... bummer.
Anywho can you point me to your tried and proven locking picking kit and any books/videos in which helped you?
With enough practice, I could probably op fairly well in the day, but I've always operated at night, so I'm kind of used to the extra cover; spoiled on it, if you will. Also, I got the lockpicks at www.masupply.com ,and pretty much taught myself (I knew the basics on how the lock's mechanism worked, and figured it out from there with trial and error). As for books/tapes, just google "Lockpicking books", "How to pick locks", or maybe "locksmithing".
-Infrared
|
|
#442
 2003-11-23, 20:32
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infrared, what site did you get your NV monocular from?
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 01-20-2004).]
|
|
#443
 2003-11-23, 21:01
|
Top 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
when i lived in the states i almost shot a guy with a 25 lb 125 fps bow at 18 yards exactally .. the only reason i didnt release is i didnt want to have killing a guy on my mind.
and for you infomation he was "infiltrating"
|
|
#444
 2003-11-24, 01:15
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I was out on an op tonight and our target went out side and got in his car and started looking
around, so we split up. Then when we tried to find each other, we had a hard time, and we
were'nt sure if it was us or someone else in the dark and so it was confusing and scary. Then I
realised, we needed to communicate and have a lookout. So I'm wondering if any one knows
where I can get some cheap radios with headsets that have volume control on the headset wire. I
dont want some cheesy kids toy that only goes 20 ft. But I dont want an expensive 5 mile hiking
that costs $300. I want a cheap but reliable radio that goes like a mile or sumthin, its for around
the neighborhood so it dosent need to be too far. I dont care how many channels it has, cuz no
one would be listening.
I am also looking into a Radio Shack Pro-95 Police Scanner. Does anyone know if this scanner is any good? Or if there is a better one for a good price?
Also, there has been an undercover cop in the area lately, probably because of stuff I did. Would I be able to hear them on the local police channel? Or do they have their own channel?
Disclaimer: None of the above is true, and nothing in this post can be used in a court of law or in any investigation by police or any other government agency or commision.
|
|
#445
 2003-11-24, 03:11
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Top:
when i lived in the states i almost shot a guy with a 25 lb 125 fps bow at 18 yards exactally .. the only reason i didnt release is i didnt want to have killing a guy on my mind.
and for you infomation he was "infiltrating"
Quote: quote:The "infiltrator, after being shot by Top:
"Ow! What the fuck was that?!" Shut it, Wendy.
And to the others wondering about my night vision, I've already said where I bought them, but here again: I bought them at the local Big 5 sporting goods store, Famous Trails brand, and it was on sale; $100 instead of $200. Not a bad deal at all for it.
-Infrared
|
|
#446
 2003-11-24, 04:39
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
sorry, I must have missed it cuz this thread is so long.
|
|
#447
 2003-11-24, 05:30
|
bc_himself 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:...Originally posted by Infrared:
As for the type of lockpicks I use; I'm not exactly sure, but I ordered them from www.masupply.com...
-Infrared
"THERE IS NO REMOTE!!"
-Rocko's Modern Life i was wondering if there are any stores or such i could buy a good pick set instead of ordering them off the net.
btw, rocko was the best show ever...and that was the best episode.
...peaches.
|
|
#448
 2003-11-24, 06:57
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bc_himself:
i was wondering if there are any stores or such i could buy a good pick set instead of ordering them off the net.
btw, rocko was the best show ever...and that was the best episode.
...peaches.
You could try your luck at a locksmith's shop, but there's often laws or store policies which
prevent that. It's worth trying, though. That's really all I can say; lockpicks are a rather touchy subject. You could try making your own, too; Google something like "making your own lockpicks" and see what comes up.
I like how they spoofed "Se7en" (I think) in that episode, and had Heifer wake up with his head in a cereal box, light a match, and freak out because he thought he was buried alive.
-Infrared
|
|
#449
 2003-11-24, 21:54
|
bc_himself 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
You could try your luck at a locksmith's shop, but there's often laws or store policies which prevent that. It's worth trying, though. That's really all I can say; lockpicks are a rather touchy subject. You could try making your own, too; Google something like "making your own lockpicks" and see what comes up.
I like how they spoofed "Se7en" (I think) in that episode, and had Heifer wake up with his head in a cereal box, light a match, and freak out because he thought he was buried alive.
-Infrared yeah, ive tried that google thing, but i'd rather not make one [cause im lazy for now...]. i am going to order some picks off my debit card and send em to a friend's house so my parents wont open it when they find a package they dont kno i ordered. debit cards wont show any record, will they?
and i will try a locksmith shop as well. i was also thinkin about going garage shopping at a firestation or some place like that. they're sure to have entrance gear.
heifer "nay-keeeed"
filbert "WITH NO CLOTHES ON!"
-bc
|
|
#450
 2003-11-25, 03:09
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bc_himself:
yeah, ive tried that google thing, but i'd rather not make one [cause im lazy for now...]. i am going to order some picks off my debit card and send em to a friend's house so my parents wont open it when they find a package they dont kno i ordered. debit cards wont show any record, will they?
and i will try a locksmith shop as well. i was also thinkin about going garage shopping at a firestation or some place like that. they're sure to have entrance gear.
heifer "nay-keeeed"
filbert "WITH NO CLOTHES ON!"
-bc The bank account owner's bank statement will show a charge, and where it came from, but it won't tell you what the object being purchased was.
LSA King
2003-11-25 04:27
Thanks for the hints and tips your my hero Infared
|
|
#451
 2003-11-25, 06:12
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Did you spell Infrared wrong on purpose?
Wow, SWIM just had an awesome op. He just got a Pro-95 Radio Shack Scanner, so he thought he would test its reliablity and maybe get the cops called on him (unsuccessful). So, he and ASWIM went out with a peice of wire that has a plug on one end, and the other end has the wires spliced and twirled togethor and is all covered in duct tape. Its really usefull for taking out lights, but it only works if there is a power outlet by the light. It works but short circuiting the electricity and it blows the fuse, to bad its not the whole house/building. So, SWIM and ASWIM went to an outlet that always works and turned of the outside light. On the way back, they decided to scout another house for an outside outlet to plug their wire into, but they found something better. Cable wires connected with a splitter. They then scouted another house for a phone box to do some phreaking stuff. Then they went home and waited awhile because someone saw them. About a half hour later, they got the proper tools and went back out. While by the house with the cable, they noted the guy watching TV earlier was gone, so they were more cautious, which saved them later. Get to the cables, they had to go past a large window with a bright light, but no one in that room. So SWIM stayed back with his scanner, and was on lookout. ASWIM snuck past the room with the light, and went and disconnected the cable. Then ASWIM came back and told SWIM that the guy was back watching TV and that he was confused. So they went over to see him and ASWIM got passed the room with the large window, but luckily SWIM noticed some one in that room, looking out with a flashlight! So SWIM and ASWIM had to abort the phreaking mission and head back to base. But not before they watched the guy from a distance. He went out with a large flashlight and went around by the cable wires, he must have seen them unscrewed cause he stomped his foot really loud. Then stormed back in the house and slammed the door. How can someone get so mad over an unscrewed wire? All you have to do is screw it back in. These things are better than vandalism because nothing is actually detroyed, its easily fixed, but it makes them mad as hell. Oh, they never called the cops either which is kinda weird.
|
|
#452
 2003-11-25, 19:18
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bc_himself:
i was also thinkin about going garage shopping at a firestation or some place like that. they're sure to have entrance gear.
Yes, they are called battering rams or something. I doubt a firestation has lockpicks. They don't have time to pick the lock when the house is on fire.
I had a neighbour move out today, so I was going to check it out tonight, but when I got home there were the new people in there already. What a disaster.
|
|
#453
 2003-11-25, 22:57
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Some kid here in Florida got shot doing 'night-ops' not too long ago. Its been a pretty big deal all over the newspaper. Funny.
|
|
#454
 2003-11-26, 03:46
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, and it's all his own fault for being unprofessional and getting caught. By the way, you don't
seem to get it: Night ops isn't all about sneaking into homes or into yards. Read the thread, and
then take your flames and shove them in your ass. I've had enough of you and the other "IF I FIN
U IN MY YARD ILL SHOT U NINJA BOI" types.
-Infrared
|
|
#455
 2003-11-26, 12:08
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
What happened to the guy doing night-ops who got caught?
Gee i didnt think shit like that would make the papers,what a dickhead,lol,its not that hard to not get caught...least in my neighbourhood
|
|
#456
 2003-11-27, 03:10
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey fred...how bout you take your circumscision-leftovers wannabe ass and come do some night ops in my yard so I can be in the newspaper too for shooting your dumbass? For someone who has no clue about essentially anything, you sure do talk a lot of shit. You are entirely too big for your britches. Just out of curiosity...how do your figure 'professional' has anything whatsoever to do with night-ops? We all know the real purpose of your late-nite excursions is to peek into little boys windows because you cant get a girlfriend. This thread is just a poorly disguised method of how you can get more techniques to sneak into little Billys yard at night so you could watch him take his bath. You're a fucking perverted peeping tom. No matter how you try to justify it, those are the facts. Maybe Im the first to bring this up...but your 'night-ops' are conducted by prepubescent wannabes who are insufficiently supervised by their parents and should be beaten more frequently. Tough love, baby.
|
|
#457
 2003-11-27, 03:19
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hahahaha infinityshock, i love you. although i have to admit when this thread was first started i
took an interest and did a mission or 2. but it soon became boring to me. so i just stay away from
it.
although i do like to come and read this thread because it's generally funny, but also has some useful information.
but yeah, i agree with you. night ops are not good for your health, and theyre sorta wierd, like the cb radio club at school.
|
|
#458
 2003-11-27, 03:19
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by jay_dawg:
What happened to the guy doing night-ops who got caught?
Gee i didnt think shit like that would make the papers,what a dickhead,lol,its not that hard to not get caught...least in my neighbourhood
He was in the dudes yard and ringing the doorbell or something. The homeowner came out, shot the kid with a shotgun, then called 911 and told them he shot 'an intruder.' The cops finally charged the homeowner because he shot the kid in the back.
Maybe it isnt that hard to get caught, but this kid paid for it with his life. Everyone who makes snide comments about 'no one is going to shoot me' (Like dummass fred.) can look at this case as an example. So if wandering around a strangers yard is worth risking getting shot, go for it....have fun. Dont forget to kiss your mommy before you leave on your nite-ops tho, it may be your last time.
|
|
#459
 2003-11-27, 06:22
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hahahah, Infinity, you really are an idiot. The kid rang the doorbell, for fuck's sake!!? How is that "getting caught"? HE RANG THE DOORBELL! lmao...
As for peeping; even if that were what I was in it for, people tend to be asleep at 4:00 in the morning, sweet-thighs. "Professional" is a broad-spectrum term meaning "careful, precise, thorough". Not "professional" meaning that night ops are my "profession". Don't be an idiot. Tell me what town you live in, and I'll gladly sneak into your yard. You can't guard it forever. The minute you leave or fall asleep, I'll infiltrate, leave a mark, and get out. You won't even know I was there until you find the mark. You can flame ops all you want; it makes no difference to me. I don't find you worth any more explanation.
As for you, Maundy: If you don't like it, fuck off. I thought you were pretty decent, and supportive of ops, but you're turning into another infinityshock fast.
-Infrared
|
|
#460
 2003-11-27, 07:32
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Im not flaming any ops...you are the only one Im flaming. Wait a minute...Im not flaming...you're flaming.
You can live under whatever delusions make you happy. The fact of the matter is nothing about wandering around sleeping neighbors' yards and homes is professional. The correct term is 'trespassing' and 'burglary.' 'Robbery' perhaps. Does your state have a 'home invasion' statute? You honestly cant find anything better to do with your time? Just download porn off the net, it is safer. Take up basket weaving...crochet perhaps. All you are doing is humoring me by your juvenile antics and threats because you are about as inept as the retard who got himself shot. Which is exactly what would happen to you. I want to be famous...trespass in my yard. And if it isnt my yard you get shot in, please be sure to post it on TOTSE so everyone can laugh at you and make fun of you.
If you would be so kind, please tell me how you consider your 'profession' to be wandering around in the dark with no purpose other than to give yourself a stiffie? You may call them 'night ops' to make you feel important, and if that makes you feel special, go for it. This is a computer world. I know you arent this uppity in real life 'cause you'da had your ass handed to you many times over.
So you have a mark, too. How nice. I take it you are going to piss in a corner of my yard to mark your territory, eh? And please dont piss on my petunias...I just planted them. BTW...I live in Melbourne. I cant imagine how you are going to get here unless you can borrow your mommys car. Are you old enough to drive?
And as for Maudy; I hope you are a girl. I am very homophobic. fred...you seem to be derogatory to anyone who disagrees with you. Do I detect a small case of penis envy? Maybe just a case of small penis. Maybe you should learn a little bit more before you start talking shit about other people because YOU, sir, dont know shit. Ive read posts you've made on other BBS's so dont be going off on people if you dont know what you are talking about. I dont know what you do know, but I know what you DONT know.
One final thing that has nothing to do with this topic. Im only bringing it up to add more shit to rag on you about. In your profile you listed 'wanna be spook' as your occupation. You tard, I bet you dont even know what a spook is or what one does. Wannabe is the right definition. Stop reading comic books and get a girlfriend. Grow some humility you incontinent goat fucking hampster raping peeping tom pedophile.
|
|
#461
 2003-11-28, 02:31
|
Corallis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infinityshock... have you nothing better to do than hang around this message board and make
yourself look like a fool? I only read about half of your last post, but that was really enough to realize how much of an ass you are. I stopped reading after you asked Infrared how he can consider this his profession, when he JUST explained how he DIDNT consider it a profession. You need to stop being such an asshole. Infrared is VERY OBVIOUSLY a better, more intelligent, and more mature person than you are, and he is a much more respected board member than you are as well.
|
|
#462
 2003-11-28, 02:38
|
delirium 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
this is great..ima get me some popcorn
|
|
#463
 2003-11-28, 06:35
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Corallis:
Infinityshock... have you nothing better to do than hang around this message board and make yourself look like a fool? I only read about half of your last post, but that was really enough to realize how much of an ass you are. I stopped reading after you asked Infrared how he can consider this his profession, when he JUST explained how he DIDNT consider it a profession. You need to stop being such an asshole. Infrared is VERY OBVIOUSLY a better, more intelligent, and more mature person than you are, and he is a much more respected board member than you are as well. Wow...I dont know what to say. You hurt my feelings so badly Im speechless. So fred is VERY OBVIOUSLY a better, more intelligent, and more mature person than I am. Im going to have is name tatooed on my ass cheek. And your name on my other ass cheek.
Actually, no, I have nothing better to do. Dont you think if I did I would be doing it?
As far as fred being a more respected member than I am...that scares me to a high degree. Like the saying goes...in the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.
|
|
#464
 2003-11-28, 11:09
|
Nonexistant #1 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
"You honestly cant find anything better to do with your time? Just download porn off the net, it is safer. Take up basket weaving...crochet perhaps"
#2
"Actually, no, I have nothing better to do. Dont you think if I did I would be doing it?"
Suggestion: Maybe you should follow your own advice, see #1.
You Maundy and Infinityshock are an annoyance to this thread
just leave people alone if you don't like what they are talking
about instead of trying to change the thread into a massive
argument. Go play with dolls or something or maybe you should
practice you aim by planting your dolls out in your yard and
around three in the morning go and shoot them. Of course only
after flipping the switch on your floodlight so you can see well
enough to aim with your auto-aiming rifle.
As if you would be able to see any of us with your eyes closed
and brain in a subconscious state. You would be asleep at that
time in the morning and even if you were not you would still have
very little concentration and energy.
I know, we should just get rid of the Navy Seals and all the other
special forces (no offense to any of them) since they do essentially the same thing. As for peeping Toms; you are full of shit nobody would
be awake at that time of night so there would be no reason for perverted teens to go around looking into peoples windows. Infinityshock you are a discrace to any nation for your devilsadvocate
style persona and need to make a mess of anything meaningful. I know
go make a thread about how Night-Ops sucks in Bitch and Moan so you
dimmwits can discuss your various plans on how to bring down the world
of Night-Ops for all who enjoy it.
Did your mother ever say "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" probably not because you have a disorder where you must ruin anything and everything
just for the sake of your own devilish pleasure. I hope you are an alien from another universe because if your not and the whole world found out about your lowly presence on this planet they would all feel sickend and regurgitate after every meal until you fade from this world and get placed with the other morons. Go see a doctor they might be able to help you by injecting you with a syringe full of nicotine.
To get back on topic:
Does anyone have a problem with getting a runny nose or coughing when
outside on an Op during this season?
I cant vouch much for gear but I think nightvision is a too tedious to bring on an Op. What if someone sees the infared beam from a video camera or another nightvision device?
Another thing does any bring any kind of climbing gear on there operations?
--Nonexistant
|
|
#465
 2003-11-28, 15:11
|
MSW2006 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Nonexistant:
Does anyone have a problem with getting a runny nose or coughing when
outside on an Op during this season? I have a problem with a clogged throat, if you know what I mean, but other than that, I'm fine. If you're sick, stay inside. Simple as that.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nonexistant:
Another thing does any bring any kind of climbing gear on there operations? I haven't taken any more than the needed nylon rope, a little less than a half inch thick. This was for throwing up around the trunks of trees on hills in an area I frequent. Actually, it was no more than a black rope for water tubing.
|
|
#466
 2003-11-29, 04:13
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Non, I just want to say you have made one of the most retarded and incoherent posts I have ever read on this BBS. Congradulations. Im not even going into any detail to respond since there is no point having any kind of discussion with some lost 12-year old. But what I will say is this:
- fred is an idiot, but at least he has some marginal clue. You are as fucked up as a football bat.
- my post(s) is/are in response to individuals being derogatory toward me. If you dont like what I type, dont read it.
- you have no clue about anything any special forces do, so dont make ignorant comments that only make you look more ignorant than we already know you are.
- if you have problems with a runny nose borrow two of your mothers tampons (used ones work best) and stick one up each nostril.
|
|
#467
 2003-11-29, 08:04
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I went on a night-op last night.
I went out with my friend Dave,we left at around 12:30am.
We went through the shopping centre carpark and down an alley,our mission was going to be to move as many garden lights as possible,we would take them from there yard and out them out the front and rearange them into things like "hi".I know this seems childish but it was funny and a challenge!
Anyway as i was saying.Dave was going down the ally first,he was half way down when i
left to go down(we left at different times because theere were several leaves that crunches as you went down).I looked down into the ally and saw a black shape sitting at the end,i made a noise like "araghagfsghaf" to get daves attention as he wasnt looking and he was running right for this person crouching in the ally.This was daves first mission and i realy expected him to use some commen sense aye!He was noisey,he talked the hole time and he would just walk normally through a yard!!He saw the guy and went FUCK(he actually yelled it).And he turned round and ran.He was so nois,he was just runnin!The person just ignored him,i duno if he saw or what but he didnt follow.We both ran back to the chopping carpark and took shelter nect to some bins,i had a good talk to dave about making noise etc.He said he just didnt expect it but hey it was his first op...
We went back home and waited for tings to settle a bit.
We left again at around 1.30am.We went back to the ally and got through it ok.When we got to the other side we took cover in someones garden to scope out the area.David started saying he had a bad feeling,i thought he was just being a pussy when all of a sudden i got goosebumps,like something wasnt right.I just knew something was going to happen,i was looking at the park across from us when i saw a cat sitting there.I watched it trying to figure what was wrong,it just didnt seem right,then dave goes..."theres something behind the cat" I looked and shore enough it was somebody crouching with a cape type thin in the bus,he was looking right at us and we were looking at him(no it wasnt batman). We jumped up and ran,we ran down the alley all the way to the shops again.I dont think the guy we saw was doing op's.If he was doing op's he would have moved on long ago and not still been hanging around the allyway.And he would not have been sitting right in the middle of the ally.
We decided we would go in the opposite direction.We went up a street and went into a backyard.We did the light thing to only two houses when we decided to call it a night as we were going to go for a surf in the morning.
We were entering the coldersack to go back home when i spotted a woman walking out of a house,to her neighbours,all there lights were on.I think they were having a party type thing or something.I was about 5m behind david and i saw her,i couldnt yell out so i just dropped the the ground really fast and hopped david would realize.He spotted her when he was half way across the road.He dropped down and she walked about 10m away from him and didnt even see him!It was funny.We went inside.Talked about what we did blah blah blah
That was my mission.Call it childish i dont care,i had fun!
I would also like to say thanks to infrared for getting me into these ops and for his guide to stealth walking or what ever its called.
Oh and do eating carrots actually help your eye sight,because for the past week i have decided i am going to eat 1-2 carrots a day and a glass of carrot juice!I hope this will improve my eye sight,hehe(sorry for any spelling mistakes,i am still tierd from my op and i dont feel like doin a spell check!)
|
|
#468
 2003-11-29, 22:00
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You sure that was a guy hiding behind that cat? You should of fucking thrown stuff at him. I'd of
pissed myself if he was there a second time.
Carrots don't do shit I hear. It's just an old wives tale. Carrots are as good as any vegetable at making you see better.
|
|
#469
 2003-11-29, 22:10
|
poopShoot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i do that, and i did it a few days ago to one of my friends, and stole something for the first time (as in snuck into a house and stole, not shoplifing and stuff).. it was 2 ounces of weed []D [] []\/[] []D http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#470
 2003-11-30, 05:02
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
YAY!!! I just got a nightvision monocular for my birthday! It's still in the mail thoough. I'll post the
link later.
EDIT: the link is: http://www.optikal-illusions.com/nightvision.html
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nonexistant:
Does anyone have a problem with getting a runny nose or coughing when
outside on an Op during this season? Get a balaclava or "terrorist mask" from your local army surplus or sports equiptment store. All it is, is a ski mask with only eye holes. That way it keeps you warm and not conjested, plus it hides your ID. If you get seen, you run away and take it off, that way your desrciption is different. I also wear brighter clothes under my BDUs or hoodie.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Nonexistant:
I cant vouch much for gear but I think nightvision is a too tedious to bring on an Op. What if someone sees the infared beam from a video camera or another nightvision device?
Is the infrared beam actually visable? I thought it was supposed to be invisable? Shit, what will I do?
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 12-02-2003).]
|
|
#471
 2003-11-30, 05:15
|
Corallis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The beam itself is completely invisible, however if you turn on the IR beam, and look directly into
it, you'll see it glowing red. Its only an issue if youre looking directly at someone from a relatively
close range... you can only see it if its pointing directly at you
|
|
#472
 2003-11-30, 06:52
|
davrisch 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey all. I've just registered here, and like what I see, but when I read a reply in this thread that
says that cleaners and assassins are essentially the same thing...give me a damn break.
|
|
#473
 2003-11-30, 07:29
|
Ororya 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just a little notice, not that anyone cares but i used to be "Bandit" before i forgot my password and botched the password thing, oh well i only had 2 or 3 posts with that name.
Me and two friends did a "Op" tonight, if you could call boredom and a easily accessable school roof a Op. We were just walking around town bored and we decided that getting on the catholic schools rof would be fun so we walked around back of the place and they have an outside deep freeze that is almost level with the roof and is right next to the air conditioner unit. A few well placed foot steps later and we were on the roof. Once on the roof we kept low and just walked around for a bit, we tossed the balls the kids play with off the roof, might as well do the kids a favor. after a bit we just sat down and tried to think of things to do, thats when it got interesting. We saw a car go by and suddenly it slowed down really fast and turned the corner. we all thought he had spotted us so we laid low on the roof and watched him circle once. He drove off and we took the opportunity to get the hell out of there. We got off the roof and started to leave when the guy came flying into the parking lot behind the school. We all bolted through a little courtyard type thing that is inbetweem the school and the church. Once outfront we knew the guy would turn around and try to catch us so we hid inside the the church. I opened the church door a bit and saw him drive by then we took off running to the lott across the street that had christmas trees for sale in it and got low behind some trees. The guy kept driving around the school looking for us and it made us a little mad that he was being such a prick when we weren't doing anything that wrong so when he drvoe past once we quickly grabbed a good sized christmas tree and sat it in the road and ran. I never laughed so hard when i saw that fat ass get out of his car and struggle to move the tree. He heard us laughing but it was to late because we were heding into the woods. All in all it was a good time.
|
|
#474
 2003-12-02, 04:09
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey, I'm planning a nite-op for this weekend. I'll have my NV monocular by and im planning to tap
someones phone line and do some dumpster diving behind radio shack, anything I should be looking for? As the final thing, I will disconnect some guys cable or knock on his window to get him to come out, just for a challenge, and I will watch him from nearby or move around and try not to be seen. If I am then I'm fucked. I'm glad hes not a red neck with a shotgun.
|
|
#475
 2003-12-03, 00:15
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Is just going to end here? Where's sam fisher? infrared? evil duck? paintb noc? deerhunter? no stories anymore?
|
|
#476
 2003-12-03, 23:50
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
They are all in jail waiting for their arraignment. Last night they finally got busted outside little Billys window in a circle jerk. Anyone know which one got to eat the toast?
|
|
#477
 2003-12-04, 00:38
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I like toast
|
|
#478
 2003-12-04, 03:23
|
Che 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I thought I might finally add a nighttime ops story, so here goes:
My buddy told me today (for 10 bux) where the key for a house is in my neighbourhood. They keep it in front, and it is only used as a cottage home. My friend knew where the key was because he used to do shingles, and saw where they kept it.
Anyway, these guys are goddamn rich, and even though it's only a cottage home, they keep a whole lotta expensive shit there. Home surround system, computers, video game systems, the WORKS.
I plan to rob them blind. They won't know what happened, and my friend is a sleezeball, so he wouldn't blab. Taking things to my house would be easy too.. i wouldn't need a car.. just a trolley or something to carry the tv's and/or computers. This is such an immature venture, but I thought i'd just share it, since I love quick schemes.
I love stupid rich people. (Something I will soon be after I get all that shit. Woohoo.)
-Che
|
|
#479
 2003-12-04, 03:29
|
Ororya 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Even though you don't need a car to pull this off you may want to use one so it won't look so suspicious if someone see you. I know i'd wonder that the hell was going on if i saw someone carrying a tv up the road at 1 in the morning.
|
|
#480
 2003-12-04, 04:13
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Che:
I thought I might finally add a nighttime ops story, so here goes:
My buddy told me today (for 10 bux) where the key for a house is in my neighbourhood. They keep it in front, and it is only used as a cottage home. My friend knew where the key was because he used to do shingles, and saw where they kept it.
Anyway, these guys are goddamn rich, and even though it's only a cottage home, they keep a whole lotta expensive shit there. Home surround system, computers, video game systems, the WORKS.
I plan to rob them blind. They won't know what happened, and my friend is a sleezeball, so he
wouldn't blab. Taking things to my house would be easy too.. i wouldn't need a car.. just a trolley or something to carry the tv's and/or computers. This is such an immature venture, but I thought i'd just share it, since I love quick schemes.
I love stupid rich people. (Something I will soon be after I get all that shit. Woohoo.)
-Che This doesn't belong in the night ops thread, dipshit.
|
|
#481
 2003-12-04, 04:59
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
100% cotton shirts are less visible in the night than regular BDU's.
|
|
#482
 2003-12-04, 22:47
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
I like toast That is disgusting but it will make you very popular.
|
|
#483
 2003-12-04, 22:49
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Che:
I thought I might finally add a nighttime ops story, so here goes:
My buddy told me today (for 10 bux) where the key for a house is in my neighbourhood. They keep it in front, and it is only used as a cottage home. My friend knew where the key was because he used to do shingles, and saw where they kept it.
Anyway, these guys are goddamn rich, and even though it's only a cottage home, they keep a whole lotta expensive shit there. Home surround system, computers, video game systems, the WORKS.
I plan to rob them blind. They won't know what happened, and my friend is a sleezeball, so he wouldn't blab. Taking things to my house would be easy too.. i wouldn't need a car.. just a trolley or something to carry the tv's and/or computers. This is such an immature venture, but I thought i'd just share it, since I love quick schemes.
I love stupid rich people. (Something I will soon be after I get all that shit. Woohoo.)
-Che
See you in jail.
|
|
#484
 2003-12-04, 23:53
|
Ororya 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Me and some friends are going to pull a Op this weekend. There is this old gradeschool on the outskirts of town that is no longer used thanks to the new one built a few years ago. We're planning on scoping it out tomorrow and saturday then we will go in saturday night. Its about a 4 story building and is supposedly haunted. We're planning on going in through the cellar doors and making out way to the top floor/roof where we will each do leave a mark of some sort to remember the night by. I'll tell you about it after it all goes down.
Has anyone seen Infrared or any of the others who were regualrs in this thread or have they all
vanished?
|
|
#485
 2003-12-05, 02:21
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
^Regarding the above post, what happened?
|
|
#486
 2003-12-05, 02:23
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Time for a little intervention.
My thread has seen better days, this is true. Currently, I'm planning a major op; one involving a lot more risk and a lot more ATD; I'm still here and checking on my thread, but I haven't posted in it as much simply because there's not as much to post about lately, however:
-All operatives, new and old; keep it up. All I ask is that you try to be smart about it, and not go and steal shit or destroy property. Of course I can't keep you from it, but doing that just makes responsible operatives look bad. A resposible operative shouldn't "look" at all; he/she should be unseen and unheard. Of course, this is just my take. Kudos to those who are keeping the "tradition" alive.
-As I said, this thread has seen better days. Many people would contribute about their operations or their take on other operations, and/or methods of. Now, amid the useful contributions is flaming, bullshit rhetoric, and tripe such as "I like toast". If you don't like night ops, go start a thread in B&M about it, not make up snide comments about how we're all going to jail or how you'd blow us away if you found us in your yard. You know who you are. Shut the fuck up.
Now that that's over, I'd like to ask everyone this: When you do cold-weather ops, what do you wear? This is a bit of a poll, I suppose. I wear this cool heat-exchanging facemask from Polartec, a T-shirt, and these thin, yet warm, Italian leather gloves that still allow you to feel what you're doing (lockpicking, etc). If it's ice-cold, I'll wear a pair of sweatpants under my BDU's. A bit bulky, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I wear Magnum Shield boots, instead of the Stealth boots, because they keep your feet much warmer. The Cordura Nylon on the Stealths allows the cold to seep in; not good. I still get chilly, but it's much, much more bearable in this garb, and does not impede performance. How about you? Anyone have any suggestions for better cold-weather op gear?
-Infrared
|
|
#487
 2003-12-05, 02:31
|
Ororya 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I have these brown thermal underwear that i got out of cabels, its a hunting goods magazine for those who don't know, and they are damn nice. They are supposed to keep your body at one constant temperature and have a odd lining that is supposed to expand or contract depending on your body heat. They work very nicely for me. For my feet i still wear dark hiking type shoys but i wear some polar socks i also got from cabelas.
|
|
#488
 2003-12-05, 02:43
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I wear a one-slit ski mask. For my body, I wear a black turtleneck, over that, I wear a vest for holding my things and over that, I wear a black cotton jacket.
|
|
#489
 2003-12-05, 03:37
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I found a really nice $30 flashlight that comes with different color lenses and a powerful 119.3 lumens, compared to a Surefire's 65 lumens.
EDIT: I forgot the link here it is: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=LEG %2D145&thru=fr&mscssid=7B10JDU3 T3MN9P50C1TX4408DRTJ27C2
[This message has been edited by janke (edited 12-05-2003).]
MSW2006
2003-12-07 22:18
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
How does one get lost in a mental hospital..anyway, irrespective of that; there isn't too much to worry about if you say there was no visible dust in the air, but I'm not sure if microscopic asbestos fibers can linger. Inhaling the fibers in the asbestos can give you lung cancer, surely you know. They get into your lungs and irritate the tissues. Next time, a NIOSH-approved respirator should be used; find them at paint supply stores and the like.
-Infrared So that nobody wonders about this issue.
Asbestos is a fibrous mineral found abundantly in the west, and somewhat in the east, in fibrous form before it is processed. It's been used in thousands of products, from insulation to paint, from brake pads in automobiles to the gaskets in motors.
Products with more than 1% asbestos were outlawed in 1973. Asbestos use itself was outlawed, except in very special-circumstance cases, in 1978. Therefore, most buildings and cars before 1979 (remember, '79 cars were released in '78) probably have at least some asbestos in them.
Inhaling asbestos, even small amounts, may be dangerous to your health; 10-50 years down the line, it may cause tumors - asbestosis, the non-cancerous form, or mesothelioma, the noncancerous form.
To keep from inhaling asbestos, simply avoid asbestos areas, or wear a HEPA or other highquality air filter when entering areas possibly ridden with asbestos, as it can linger in the air for days. Wash your clothes as soon as you get home, and take a shower after possible exposure. Keep your gas mask on until you are wetted down, as moisture prevents the fibers from spreading.
--Yes, I just wrote that from memory. kthx.
|
|
#490
 2003-12-08, 08:53
|
60chu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
'red, u seem like an expert...so whatever happened to sam fisher? i read that he broke his ankle and leg, but did he ever infiltrate the paper mill place?...
just got back from an N-op myself...just a little scouting out some school...wow no security except possible alarms on the doors...done everything...no cameras even....checked for motion detectors...(ran through and hid waiting for responce), roofs are easily accesable tho...^^....(1212 u know what im talking about i mean janke)...planning to infiltrate this school sometime soon, just in and out...
*copied from infrared
*disclaimer: the previous post is pure fictional, nothing that has been said is true. coincidence to real events are pur coincidenc.
teeheehee-03
|
|
#491
 2003-12-08, 09:56
|
AsylumSeaker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Has anyone attempted to infiltrate say.. a military base? I'd say its pretty much the holy grail of night op targets. I did research into it and discovered that modern military bases have infra red
security and all this tech stuff. I can't wait till I try it.
|
|
#492
 2003-12-08, 10:47
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Try it and you'll get your ass shot, I guarantee it. Every opper has to have some limits.
|
|
#493
 2003-12-08, 23:43
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by 60chu:
'red, u seem like an expert...so whatever happened to sam fisher? i read that he broke his ankle and leg, but did he ever infiltrate the paper mill place?...
just got back from an N-op myself...just a little scouting out some school...wow no security except possible alarms on the doors...done everything...no cameras even....checked for motion detectors...(ran through and hid waiting for responce), roofs are easily accesable tho...^^....(1212 u know what im talking about i mean janke)...planning to infiltrate this school sometime soon, just in and out...
*copied from infrared
*disclaimer: the previous post is pure fictional, nothing that has been said is true. coincidence to real events are pur coincidenc.
teeheehee-03
Yes me and 60chu are planning on infiltrating a elementary school during winter break where we will enter through the roof, make a mark and exit through the roof. The problems that we may face are: motion sensors, motion detectors on the fences and possible alarms. In order to take out any motion sensors that are on the roof, we plan to use an 80 lb impact crossbow to destroy it from a good distance.
We are also starting a new type of exploration called Canyon Exploration where we simply walk through the canyon in a straight line, stay there for an hour or two and go back. The thing is that there are often rattlesnakes, coyotes and mountain lions there so this will definately help to improve our stealth skills. If we do encounter any of the animals above, we will try to disable them as quiet as we can. For example, if we are approached by a mountain lion, one of us will use our batons and smack it on the forhead area hard, fast, and quietly. If we are encountered by a rattle snake, we will mask our arm movements and swiftly use a butterfly knife to stab through the snake's head and into the ground.
The purpose of canyon exploration is to practice and perfect stealth skills by walking on the dry environment and trying to mask its sounds in attempt to perfect sound-elimination when in the urban environment.
|
|
#494
 2003-12-09, 02:06
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
As for my last will, I would like to give this thread a bump. But, I don't think that that situation will happen considering that a rattle snake will not be able to bite through my outfit (Very bottom layer: sweatpants, Second layer: BDU pants, Third Layer: A double-layered pair of black utility jeans.) A snake wouldn't be able to bite through boots either. It wouldn't be able to crawl into my pants because I will be stuffing all the layers into my boots. I have thought about this before but thanks for being considerate shock. We are very prepared for mountain lions too considering that 60chu is a massive person who is on our highschool's football team. 60chu can easily take down
a mountain lion with one swing of his baton. 60chu is truly a strong man benching about 250-300. Now, one can say that being big harbors many obstacles in being stealthy. That may be true but 60chu is really quiet in his steps and even his normal body form has a unhuman like shadow benefiting his "invisibility". Having a big and buff partner also has many advantages such as being able to pull me up onto a roof with one hand without the use of a loud and sometimes uneffective grappling hook. 60chu is also very skilled at climbing so getting onto roofs is not a difficulty for him. Now shock, please respond with your usual amount of criticism.
|
|
#495
 2003-12-09, 04:21
|
60chu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
As for my last will, I would like to give this thread a bump. But, I don't think that that situation will happen considering that a rattle snake will not be able to bite through my outfit (Very bottom layer: sweatpants, Second layer: BDU pants, Third Layer: A double-layered pair of black utility jeans.) A snake wouldn't be able to bite through boots either. It wouldn't be able to crawl into my pants because I will be stuffing all the layers into my boots. I have thought about this before but thanks for being considerate shock. We are very prepared for mountain lions too considering that 60chu is a massive person who is on our highschool's football team. 60chu can easily take down a mountain lion with one swing of his baton. 60chu is truly a strong man benching about 250-300. Now, one can say that being big harbors many obstacles in being stealthy. That may be true but 60chu is really quiet in his steps and even his normal body form has a unhuman like shadow benefiting his "invisibility". Having a big and buff partner also has many advantages such as being able to pull me up onto a roof with one hand without the use of a loud and sometimes uneffective grappling hook. 60chu is also very skilled at climbing so getting onto roofs is not a difficulty for him. Now shock, please respond with your usual amount of criticism.
why yes i am buff, infact ive never met a legpress machine that i couldnt max it out on, a calf machine i coulndt max out on, but benches still exist that stop me^^
oh well, ive taken out coyotes before, but not lions...SWIM will have to take one on sometime....but yea, the schools didnt have any motions sensors or silent alarms when SWIM did some recon,...as for snakes, ive killed some with my bare hands before....
|
|
#496
 2003-12-09, 22:15
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AsylumSeaker:
Has anyone attempted to infiltrate say.. a military base? I'd say its pretty much the holy grail of night op targets. I did research into it and discovered that modern military bases have infra red security and all this tech stuff. I can't wait till I try it. I know of someone who infiltrated an airport, but I'm not sure about a military base. It was pretty cool, he stole a radio and told the people in charge how crappy their security was, then he sat around and watched them try to find him, then he got bored and left. He also infiltrated a big commercial factory, with more security than some prisons. The reason for this was that they were dumping raw chemicals into the river where he sometimes swam. He got some bad chemical burns and couldnt do any thing about it because they were to powerfull. So he infiltrated them and did something I dont remember. I dont personally know him but I read his books. Go to the bookstore and look for anything by Tom Brown Jr. He was trained by a Native American so some of the shit is kinda gay, like spiritual stuff. But he lives off the land and has no need for a job. Now he owns and operates a survival school somewhere on the west coast I think, I dont remember. Go buy or borrow his books, they're really good. Tom Brown Jr.
|
|
#497
 2003-12-10, 01:43
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'll remember his name. What are some higher risk infiltration missions that you operatives have recently done? Oh, and also, to the operatives, if you have a partner(s), you should create a cell name. Me and 60chu's cell name is 121203. And, if you have executed enough missions, you should create personal websites describing your cell's motto, mission statement, infiltration stories, what to do and what not to do, and precautions.
|
|
#498
 2003-12-10, 01:49
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
done my night op!!!here it is:
well, last night me and a friend rode our bikes around the hood as usual, then we saw at the school a big presentation in the hall. we went inside the school, and found 2 monitors and a keyboard. we decided that that nite we come for them. i went home quick, got come krazy glue, and filled the locks on the gates so they wont close them. we went to home and got ready. in all black clothing and masks, we went at 11pm. with 2 sports bags, we rode to school, and the gates were onlt closed, not locked. we went in, took the hardware, and rode to his house quick.on the way, we saw 3 stoners fucked up at the shops. throwing stones at them was hella funny, they yell, "we're undewr attack bro, fuck!!!" and hide behind benches. we kept going, and got to his house. his parents were out, so we tested the shit. they were all broken, fuck. so we went to the bush and broke the shit, i love the sound of glass shattering. we went home, and went to bed, and fell asleep straight away.
|
|
#499
 2003-12-10, 01:57
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Interesting!! How did you manage to carry TWO monitors and a keyboard? Anyways, I enjoy the sound of shattering glass too but I would never tamper with anything in the school the night of my operation because like 'red said, our main objective is to "leave no trace"
|
|
#500
 2003-12-10, 03:43
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
As for my last will, I would like to give this thread a bump. But, I don't think that that situation will happen considering that a rattle snake will not be able to bite through my outfit (Very bottom layer: sweatpants, Second layer: BDU pants, Third Layer: A double-layered pair of black utility jeans.) A snake wouldn't be able to bite through boots either. It wouldn't be able to crawl into my pants because I will be stuffing all the layers into my boots. I have thought about this before but thanks for being considerate shock. We are very prepared for mountain lions too considering that 60chu is a massive person who is on our highschool's football team. 60chu can easily take down a mountain lion with one swing of his baton. 60chu is truly a strong man benching about 250-300. Now, one can say that being big harbors many obstacles in being stealthy. That may be true but 60chu is really quiet in his steps and even his normal body form has a unhuman like shadow benefiting his "invisibility". Having a big and buff partner also has many advantages such as being able to pull me up onto a roof with one hand without the use of a loud and sometimes uneffective grappling hook. 60chu is also very skilled at climbing so getting onto roofs is not a difficulty for him. Now shock, please respond with your usual amount of criticism. Sigh. The likelyhood of any of your farmland friends 'attacking' you is very unlikely anyway...they have better things to do than be bothered with you. You are going to be out during the most active time for rattlers. You are going to basically trust your life to your assumption that wearing all those clothes will keep a snakes fangs from puncturing you...scary. Rattler fangs can grow to almost an inch long...you think that you are wearing enough protection? After the snake bites you make sure you catch it so you can bring it to the hospital so the nice doctor can pick out the right antivenin for you. Just out of curiosity...how are you going to beat a mountain lion when it is latched onto your larynx? And why are you going to bother them anyway? They are just minding their own business. Go beat up some crack heads or something.
Is that critical enough? I can go on if you like...there is plenty to criticize.
Infrared
2003-12-10 17:51
For once, infinity brings up a good point. Rattler fangs can penetrate a surprising amount of
material.
|
|
#501
 2003-12-10, 19:38
|
Stryker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by AsylumSeaker:
Has anyone attempted to infiltrate say.. a military base? I'd say its pretty much the holy grail of night op targets. I did research into it and discovered that modern military bases have infra red security and all this tech stuff. I can't wait till I try it. Geez kid you've got to be pretty stupid to try that. IR Sensors aren't even the half of what some of these bases are equipped with.
You do realize some bases have seismic detectors? How about magnetic sensors, acoustic sensors, or disturbance sensors, which can be very primitive or very sophisticated.
On top of that, think of the current terrorism situation. They see someone trying to sneak in they will blow you away.
You aren't Red Cell, don't pretend to be.
|
|
#502
 2003-12-11, 00:54
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
26 pages and oved 600 posts.... wow. read the whole fucking thing, took a few hours. might have
to start trying some low risk ops. one thing that i have never seen posted about active ir night
vision devices is that most black and white cams can see the ir that they produce. the $50 b&w
cams that i've seen kicking around in stores have a bank of 6 ir leds on them for close range
illumination. the flash lights with ir filters will glow like motherfuckers on many b&w's. personaly i
have found that laser pointers fill the screen with red light rendering cam feeds temporarily
unusable but leaving no long term damage. as a side note though, even if a camera is being
taped noone is going to veiw it unless a crime has been commited. you could not pay a-rent-a-
cop enough to veiw 10 hours of film every moring every day unless he had a reason. take nothing
and damage nothing and a momentary flash as you run by the camera will never be seen. hell
many cameras tape 10 seconds then shift to the next for 10 seconds then the next to save money
on vcr's. the stupidest thing you could ever do is run up to a camera and smash it. even sniping it
with a pellet gun would reveal wher you were when you shot and a busted cam is 100%
garanteed to result in a reveiw of the tapes. as for all the posts made by ppl that are trapped in
their homes by security systems on the windows, my advice is to find out if it is normaly closed or
open loop sensors. with the alarm not active snip the wire to the sensor, then check the control
box. if it shows a fault then it is normaly closed, splice the two wires and the system will think
every thing is ok. if the system stays in a everything ok mode then leave the wires cut. if you are
afraid of getting your ass handed to you for slicing the wire maybe night ops arent for you. for a
little less drastic, but not garanteed to work idea you could test the sensor by opening the window
then placing a magnet on the sensor and checking the system to see if it finds this acceptible, try
reversing the polarity of the magnet or just see if it reads error with the window fully open.(the
wire cutting allows you to open and close your window without the system ever noticing)
|
|
#503
 2003-12-11, 01:32
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by janke:
Interesting!! How did you manage to carry TWO monitors and a keyboard? Anyways, I enjoy the sound of shattering glass too but I would never tamper with anything in the school the night of my operation because like 'red said, our main objective is to "leave no trace" sports bags, pretty big, and we just carried one each, it took a lot of energy to ride and carry
them, but i have salt pills so i'm not too worked out. what trace did i leave? oh the monitors, they were broken, so we did do the school a favour.
|
|
#504
 2003-12-11, 03:16
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Do you guys really think that a snake's hollow fangs can penetrate THAT many layers? Oh! and in response to infinity's post, I'm not planning to attack anything I'm only preparing to defend myself. And I really don't think that the mountain lion will be able to get past 60chu. If you could only see him..
|
|
#505
 2003-12-11, 03:27
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
No, I really dont think a rattlers fangs could bite thru your drawers. Why dont you let one take a nip outta yer keister and let the class know how it goes? You've been watching too many Crocodile Hunter re-runs. 'Crikey! He loped off my fair dinkum! But Im in no reaaahhlll dangurrhhhhh'
|
|
#506
 2003-12-11, 04:43
|
60chu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by infinityshock:
No, I really dont think a rattlers fangs could bite thru your drawers. Why dont you let one take a nip outta yer keister and let the class know how it goes? You've been watching too many Crocodile Hunter re-runs. 'Crikey! He loped off my fair dinkum! But Im in no reaaahhlll dangurrhhhhh' WTF???
ok....
1. rattlers do NOT attack until a warning has been given(they shake their rattles) UNLESS u step on them...and at night, they constantly moving, thus vastly decreasing the chances of being even encountered by one.
2.a mountain lion only weighs about 600lbs i think and its jaws can exert a maximum pressure of around 1000 lbs and can sprint at around 40 mph...that mean it has to be PRETTY DAMN CLOSE to get ur larynx in its mouth before u can move or counterattack...psh u dont much about survival in the wilderness do you, and theyd rather had a nice juicy deer(which our canyon has a plenyful suply of) than a big beefy man.
3.a handy tool carried along is a crosbow, a medium/light one being the 150 lbs rifle, when fired the bolt can reach speeds >150fps...that could cleanly kill a lion. the 80 lbs pistol crossbow, also can penetrat bone(skull) of lions, also killing it. BUT these are just for defense, as i said before(or did i), the chances of encountering some of these animals are quite slim.
4. i have killed a coyote with my bare hands before.(no means to brag but i know my capabilities)
|
|
#507
 2003-12-11, 04:49
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by 60chu:
WTF???
ok....
1. rattlers do NOT attack until a warning has been given(they shake their rattles) UNLESS u step on them...and at night, they constantly moving, thus vastly decreasing the chances of being even encountered by one.
2.a mountain lion only weighs about 600lbs i think and its jaws can exert a maximum pressure of around 1000 lbs and can sprint at around 40 mph...that mean it has to be PRETTY DAMN CLOSE to get ur larynx in its mouth before u can move or counterattack...psh u dont much about survival in the wilderness do you, and theyd rather had a nice juicy deer(which our canyon has a plenyful suply of) than a big beefy man.
3.a handy tool carried along is a crosbow, a medium/light one being the 150 lbs rifle, when fired the bolt can reach speeds >150fps...that could cleanly kill a lion. the 80 lbs pistol crossbow, also can penetrat bone(skull) of lions, also killing it. BUT these are just for defense, as i said before(or did i), the chances of encountering some of these animals are quite slim.
4. i have killed a coyote with my bare hands before.(no means to brag but i know my capabilities)
I think you mean 1150 fps.
|
|
#508
 2003-12-11, 06:48
|
60chu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
I think you mean 1150 fps. yes it was a typo thx for pointing that out!
[This message has been edited by 60chu (edited 12-11-2003).]
|
|
#509
 2003-12-11, 07:16
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
So, has anyone done some night-ops lately? Infrared, weren't you planning something?
|
|
#510
 2003-12-11, 07:28
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The mall op. Read back a page or two about it; I've been doing preliminary recon.
|
|
#511
 2003-12-12, 00:50
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
I think you mean 1150 fps.
Wow...yeah, it looks like you two herpetologist-600lb mountain lion-1150fps crossbow experts have me beat in brainpower and knowledge. You big beefy brave kahoonas do stuff I could never handle. Its really a good thing Im not a coyote...whew. Im not brave enough to go out of my house after dark (and my mummy wont let me anyway) so Im going to go spank my willie to the latest episode of 'Crocodile Hunter' whilst you two play with your 1150fps crossbow and the local wildlife. Its good to see young upstanding members of the community expressing such an interest in small furry animals. Kinky little bastards.
You must live near a nuclear powerplant that mutates everything in your locale. 1150fps crossbows...600lb moutain lions...good god...is your penis 6-feet long, too? One last thing...what does Michael Jackson and mountain lions have in commone? They are both are attracted to children. (Hint: be careful, kiddies)
Stupid people are so entertaining.
janke 2003-12-12 02:41 Infinity.. oh infinity, did you know that crossbows CAN carry 1,150 fps? And who said that mountain lions weigh 600 pounds? Average mountain lions in the southern california region weigh about 130-150 pounds and my penis is actually a little less than 6 feet long.
Stupid people are so entertaining.
|
|
#512
 2003-12-12, 05:21
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ahem.. anyways, 60chu and I plan to execute this practice mission during winter break. We will have our mission objectives and goals posted on here by the middle of next week.
|
|
#513
 2003-12-12, 05:23
|
60chu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
so Infrared, hows the recon on ur mall mission going?
|
|
#514
 2003-12-13, 03:02
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
Infinity.. oh infinity, did you know that crossbows CAN carry 1,150 fps? And who said that mountain lions weigh 600 pounds? Average mountain lions in the southern california region weigh about 130-150 pounds and my penis is actually a little less than 6 feet long.
Stupid people are so entertaining.
1. yea...after you strap a space shuttle SRB under it.
2. your buddy the wildlife expert. Scroll up.
3. yes, I know Ive heard. Its all over the mens rooms' wall. You consider 3 inches a little less than 6 feet? The writing on the mens rooms walls all over So Cal says your pushing 3 inches fully erect.
4. You are thouroughly entertaining.
|
|
#515
 2003-12-13, 03:46
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infinity.. infinity.. When will you stop posting on this thread?
1. Space shuttle srb's travel at 5,569,344,000 fps. A desert eagle has an fps of around 1,600. I don't see how you cannot picture a crossbow carrying 1,150.
2. oh.
3. Yah.. it's around that size.
4. You're very entertaining also.
Infrared, where can I purchase a flahslight with an infrared lens?
|
|
#516
 2003-12-13, 04:10
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
Infinity.. infinity.. When will you stop posting on this thread?
1. Space shuttle srb's travel at 5,569,344,000 fps. A desert eagle has an fps of around 1,600. I don't see how you cannot picture a crossbow carrying 1,150. 2. oh. 3. Yah.. it's around that size. 4. You're very entertaining also. Infrared, where can I purchase a flahslight with an infrared lens?
- When somebody turns it off.
- What the hell does a Desert Eagle have to do with crossbows? Ive chrono'd my DE at somewhere around 2100 FPS...wot about it? Do the math...no crossbow does 1150fps.
- Do a google search...durh
|
|
#517
 2003-12-13, 05:30
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Google is unreliable.
|
|
#518
 2003-12-13, 13:22
|
Swartz45 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yet another thread bites the dust. I think it's time someone closes this thread, it already has all
the information anyone cares about, nothing new needs to be added.
If this has to be continued there should simply be a sub-forum in bad ideas created about nightops.
|
|
#519
 2003-12-13, 19:24
|
Call me for Artillery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Last time I did anything like that (back in August). I got my Airsoft M-4 and got on top of the roof of the local pizza parlor overlooking this one person's yard. I live on the pretty close to the university campus and this guy (whose yard I can see) was hosting this shower or something and a lot of people were there so I lined up a target (approx. 18m away) and had good sight picture all that...... and fired. It was hilarious because the girl I had shot, screamed and clutched her forehead. And thought she had a beesting. They told here it was probably some crazy bee (this girl I can assume is probably from out of state). And she said "I hate Utah" or something like that.
Anyway... Late night "assassinations" are fuckin fun. Get yourself an Airsoft gun (not paintball because you can tell where it came from etc. etc.) and terrorize your neighborhood
|
|
#520
 2003-12-14, 01:31
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i realy wonder wher someone could get a crossbow that fires 1150.
http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/quad300.htm
heres a cool looking xbow, unless your freind made his bow himself 150 sounds alot more legit a speed. bows dont get their energy from the velocity as much as guns do, they rely upon a much larger(heavyer) projectile to transfer the energy to the target.
|
|
#521
 2003-12-14, 03:00
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is number six-hundred and 69. My fave number. Anywayz...
Hey guys, I finally worked up the balls to go on my very first night-op. Its going to be great to lose my night-op virginity. My mum doesnt let me go out after dark so I told her I was going over to my friend Little Billys house to spend the night. Ha ha...boy did I pull one over on her! The gear Im going to bring with me is as follows:
1. my woobie (security blanket)
2. rabbit slippers (dont want my footsies to get cold)
3. x-ray vision goggles (from Kay-Bee Toys)
4. super-soaker water gun (It shoots 1150-gallons per second so if I come up against a charging squirrel I can defend myself.)
5. plenty of warm clothes (I look like that kid on 'A Christmas Story' all bundled up)
6. suction-cup tipped arrows and bow that I got at Toys-R-Us. (to protect myself against feral kittens or a wild yeti)
7. 55-gallon drum of KY jelly (I never leave home without it)
8. an Indian bandana with a single feather (To look cool and maybe pick up some chicks that are on night ops)
Im planning to go over the river and through the woods to grandmas house so I can peek into the windows and see Little Red Riding Hood and Gramma doing a threesome with the Big Bad Wolf. (I betcha dont know why they call him the Big Bad Wolf...) After some under-window monkey spanking Im going to head over to the military base and sneak in there and maybe steal some guns and bombs or maybe an A10 or some shit so I can do real night ops or possibly shoot my eye out. Finally, Im going to meander next door to the city sewage processing plant and mebbe pick up some souvenirs. Well, Ill let you guys know how things go when I get back.
Armed & Stoopid and achoo, too: you can suck my schlong you prepubescent walking jock itch pandemic.
|
|
#522
 2003-12-14, 07:37
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, I'm considering axing this thread, but before I do that, copying it all and putting it on some
webpage or something. It's becoming overrun by idiots like infinityshock who think using words
like "pandemic" make them look smart, and people like ate, who want to bitch and moan but who
don't want to READ the fucking thread for answers.
Janke, go to www.surefire.com, and look for the filter. It's a separate piece that attaches to several models of their lights.
Chu, my mall op planning is going well, though I was waylaid by a bad case of that fucking flu, and bedridden for a few days. Also, I was momentarily distracted by my latest acquisition, a spankin'-new Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Magnum. Bangbang.
Anyway, now that I'm pretty much better, set aside a nasty cough, I plan to resume that. Will post more later
-Infrared
|
|
#523
 2003-12-14, 07:50
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
On the topic of night-ops and infiltration, instead of picking the locks, maybe you should look
under doormats or flower pots for keys, that would definatly be much easier than picking it,
cheaper too.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 01-20-2004).]
paintb_noc 2003-12-14 21:13 hey everyone im back, i havnt done many night ops lately because i have found more fun things to do with my weekend like mess around with girls........night ops are fun though and i plan to pull a new one off next time i have a boring undeventful weekend.
|
|
#524
 2003-12-14, 21:44
|
Call me for Artillery 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by janke:
Sounds like fun. I don't really think that this is really a night-op but maybe it can become a subdivision of one. Well this was at like 0200. What's your definition of nightop?
|
|
#525
 2003-12-14, 23:27
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Call me for Artillery:
Well this was at like 0200. What's your definition of nightop? Nightop: infiltrating an area you are not supposed to be with out being noticed or leaving a trace. airsoft assasinations leave a trace no matter what time you do them at so by the definition of nightop they are not true to the word. hence the call for this to be labled as something not night op, but fun none the less.
|
|
#526
 2003-12-15, 05:02
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The op I had planned for tonite didnt go quite as well as I had thought. I was climbing down from my second-floor room when the rope I was using to climb with (it was 15-lb test fishing line) broke and I fell 20 feet to the ground, landing in a big rose bush. My 600lb chihuahua didnt know it was me because it was so dark out and he bit the hell out of me and chewed a couple limbs off.
Anyhow, I just got back from the hospital and right now I have a dislocated pancreas, fractured prostate, broken hymen, and I had to get 1150 stitches on my crotch because of the damned dog. Also, my mom beat my ass so bad that now my colon is cracked and I cant sit down anymore. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my gynecologist to get a full pelvic exam to see if anything else is broken. So does this count as a night op? I mean...I never really got out of my yard, but it was at night...
|
|
#527
 2003-12-15, 05:32
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Earlier today I was on my way back home from ledos (walking) and I had to take a shit. So I went
into a local small indoor shopping center to find a bathroom. I went around to all the doors and
found an open one. This place has a few shops on the bottom in what you could call the lobby.
The bottom bathroom was locked so I preceded to the elevators to find an open one. I went
upstairs to find that all there was, was a bunch of offices. Not like a large business place with a
bunch of cubicles, but like a bunch of suites each individually owned. I decided that since access
is so easy, I would get some lickpicks and infiltrate one or more of the suites. But the bathroom
there was locked so I took a shit in the stairwell (just kidding). So I'm gonna observe the place
and test the alarms along with my police scanner, and also find out what all these bussinesses
do. More to come on my Office Complex Op.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 01-20-2004).]
|
|
#528
 2003-12-15, 07:49
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I did an op last night...
My friend and i snuck out of his window at around 12am,we were going through his front garden ready to head down the street when someone snuck past in front of us all dressed in black.They
didnt see us as we were in the garden but they must of been about 2m away from us.I think it was male,i couldnt tell as they had a beanie on and it was dark.They ran past really quickly as if he/she was running from something,sort of crouching and running.We followed it a bit but when it went into the woods we didnt follow.
Our mission was going to be to infilrate as many boats on the street as possible and try and find a dive knife. I just lost my new dive knife and there about 50 bucks each and i knew that dad would make me pay for another one as it was my fault i lost it.We went in around 8boats,its not as easy as it sounds.They are usually in peoples carports and have a large plastic noisy tarpes over the top of them!!!!We stole a couple of flares,we are still unsure what to do with them...meh...
When the boat missioning got boaring we headed around some peoples front gardens.It was my friends first time oping and i took him for a sort of try out...the lats guy i went with sucked,he was so noisy!!
He went really well anyway,he is small and agile and really fit.He is really quiet and takes his missions way serios!And he is smart and eager to explore...perfect :-D!!!!
He snuck ahead to have alook around someones garden and i didnt really feel like it as i was getting tierd.He ran ahead and i sort of prowld around behind.I was going across someones front wall when a car came around the corner.I had to where to hide,i was completely exposed,my friend ducked down and hid but i was exposed.I had no where to hide.i ran to the end and climbed into the peoples garden,at this point i was onto of the wall.The car didnt stop and i dont think they saw me,phew!I was about to get up when i heard another car,i stayed down,i had laid on a friggin sprinkler!It was hurtin,i heard the car pull into the house i was hiding at.I was so nervoous,i just laid there,the sprinkler was digging into me but i couldnt risk moving.I heard the footsteps begin to come towards the base of the wall.They stopped right infront of me.I laid there,to scared to even breath.I was almost positive they must of seen me somehow,i was ready o just leg it.Then i smelt cigarette smoke....phew!I laid there for what felt like for ever.Eventualy they went back inside.
We continued around the corner and we were heading bck to his house when anohter car came down the street,we didnt hear it but we saw it.It was about 200m away,could see the head lights.We just hid in a bush and it passed.
We were going backdown my friends street when we heard the voice of a male and a woman,we thought ti was his mum and dad.Then we heard a holden commodore start up.We legged it an dhid in a bush.The car wasnt his.We headed back to his house and went to sleep.
Thats all
hehe please dont close the thread
|
|
#529
 2003-12-15, 23:40
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infrared: Thanks for the link. A few questions, can these flashlights go underwater? Do you recommend them? And also, 60 and I don't have NV monoc's or goggles yet so we plan to use a small camcorder that has NV do you think these flashlight filters work for camcoders too?
jay_dawg: It seems like you had a freaky night! ;-)
'devil man': Have you tried reading from page 1?
|
|
#530
 2003-12-16, 02:03
|
Kraven Moorehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I stumbled onto this thread over the weekend and read the whole thing. This is the coolest thread
ever!!!! This is gonna be my profession when I get older. I have a question. Does anyone know who to contact to become a government assassin / secret operative. I told my guidance counselor thats what I want to do, and he made me see the school pyschologist. I also talked to the army recruiter in my town, but he said I was too scrawny and needed to go home and work out. Screw him, I think being small and agile would be an advantage for all this stealth stuff. Nonetheless, I went out and charged up about $200 worth of weight lifting equipment on my dad's credit card (just in case). Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on who I could talk to, let me know. I'm gonna start planning a hella-wicked-cool op right now! I'll post again when I have some details. 10-4, over and out.
|
|
#531
 2003-12-16, 02:23
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
a quicl little reminder to anyone... night-ops as defined by infrared in his original post are not
about stealing shit or hurting ppl. if you are swiping knives of money or shooting ppl you are not
on a night-op, you are breaking and entering. as for kraven's attempt to become an assasin,
perhaps you should use the weights, and apply to the military when you are old enough. keep an
exemplery record and never get in trouble and they might notice you and recrute you into a cooler
unit. they are not going to grab a scrawny boy off the street and ask him if hey wants to be a
secret agent.
|
|
#532
 2003-12-16, 05:06
|
60chu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by pissedpat:
a quicl little reminder to anyone... night-ops as defined by infrared in his original post are not about stealing shit or hurting ppl. if you are swiping knives of money or shooting ppl you are not on a night-op, you are breaking and entering. as for kraven's attempt to become an assasin, perhaps you should use the weights, and apply to the military when you are old enough. keep an exemplery record and never get in trouble and they might notice you and recrute you into a cooler unit. they are not going to grab a scrawny boy off the street and ask him if hey wants to be a secret agent. Leave no Trace!
|
|
#533
 2003-12-16, 21:37
|
Kraven Moorehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I think that pissedpat is right. I'm going to start working out. A little extra muskle never hurt anybody. While I've still got my dad's credit card (unbeknownst to him), I think I'm also going to order some of those penis enlargement pills too, because secret ops are always getting to bang hot broads. Just check out all the James Bond flicks. He's always sticking his dick in some hot piece of ass. I'm gonna be ready for it!
I've got an op in mind for the near future, but it's still in the planning phase. I don't want to give it away yet. I'll keep you updated. Over and out.
|
|
#534
 2003-12-16, 21:56
|
paintb_noc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey kraven moorehead, i used to want to do the same thing, then i realized that it probably wasnt going to happen, because its extrememly hard, and oh yeah check out the movies Spy Game and The Recruit those are cool, you do need some muscle man i suggest joining a swim club or your swim schools swim team, it is the fastest way to build muscle i mean take me for example im ripped as shit, not buff not all muscle head football player buff, just ripped. It also helps endurance, i can run really far at a pretty fast pace now and im not tired at all, also dont get into drugs if you get that shit on your record that will fuck you over for sure, you dont have to make really good grades to be an operative either that is bullshit, it is all in the style of thinking that you posess, seeing the gray shades of life instead of just black and white, think abstractly, they will take you man, this is getting me to want to be one again. Join the marines and try for the special forces and the marines martial arts program and then you can usually apply at a job fair, they have a booth, people think that the CIA wouldnt do that because they are all secret and shit but they actually have booths to sign up to take a test to become an operative, but only about 2
percent meet the requirements, but its a good ambition.
[This message has been edited by paintb_noc (edited 12-16-2003).]
|
|
#535
 2003-12-16, 23:32
|
mutilated_thoughts 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
ok this was last winter..
i live by a state park, and theres a huge lake there. they allow people to fish and swim there, as long as they swim at the beach only. its a large fenced off area where the only way to get in(in the daytime) is the entrance inbetween 2 buildings. one of them is a shak to sell foods and ect. the other is the radio/lifeguard shak.in the winters they lock the entrance up and everything else... except for the outside bathrooms. me and 4 friends walked across the lake.. all wearing pure black with flashlights. each of us had different types of tools just incase. we went over and were looking for a way in when we noticed the bathroom open. we then climbed into the cieling and made our way into the foods place. after looking around in there we preceaded into the cieling and picked the lock letting ourselves into the entrance. which the entrance is at that time blocked on all 4 sides, 2 sides are 9 foot fences. then we went into the bathroom on the other side of it. we got up into the cieling and over the furnace. we got into the radio building and looked around in there. after spending about 3 hours inside figuring out many things, by reading documents and such, we unlocked the door. we got outside locked the door and walked home across the ice.
|
|
#536
 2003-12-17, 03:17
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Kraven Moorehead:
I stumbled onto this thread over the weekend and read the whole thing. This is the coolest thread ever!!!! This is gonna be my profession when I get older. I have a question. Does anyone know who to contact to become a government assassin / secret operative. I told my guidance counselor thats what I want to do, and he made me see the school pyschologist. I also talked to the army recruiter in my town, but he said I was too scrawny and needed to go home and work out. Screw him, I think being small and agile would be an advantage for all this stealth stuff. Nonetheless, I went out and charged up about $200 worth of weight lifting equipment on my dad's credit card (just in case). Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on who I could talk to, let me know. I'm gonna start planning a hella-wicked-cool op right now! I'll post again when I have some details. 10-4, over and out. Why would you want to join the Army? You should join the coast guard...guardians of the bitchin' surf. Everyone knows the best spies and secret agents are recruited by the coast guard. Well, not too many people know that, and that is why they are the best.
As long as you have your daddies credit card you should buy some good shit for nite ops. Start out with some GenIII NVGs (ITT makes the best ones) which should cost around $4k or so. Get an EM spectral suppression suit for the best in stealthiness...they are about $20K. Then you want to pick up a 1150fps crossbow. Not sure how much they are...ask Achoo...he has one. Just dont shooot your eye out. You have to keep in touch with everyone (you know...football scores and shit) so you will want to pick up an Iridium satellite phone or even an INMARSAT phone (hell, get both)...they are only about $10K then $9 per minute of use. (I once rang up a $6000 phone bill on INMARSAT...you aint lived till you get a $6000 phone bill. it was great.) For self defense you should invest in a short range tactical nuke...say around 10kt or so. They are a few million each but you have to network with some Russian mobsters to find one.
You do need to work out, train, and practice if you want to be a super spy / assassin some day. (Why is assassin spelled 'ass' 'ass' 'in?' That is sick.) The best workout you can possibly have is by doing Kegels....they are the BEST, man. For other training you should start out practicing torturing small animals since this will give you skills on how to torture people some day during interrogations. Next, you should set things on fire, such as your school, your house, or your neighbors house. Fukkit...do yer whole block. This will provide invaluable practice for when you
need to perform a sabatage operation. Also, you should wet your bed on a frequent basis so that your mother knows you appreciate her laundering skills. Finally, the most important aspect of your training is killing people. Kill anyone you want...the more the better. Parents...siblings...classmates...school administrators...etc. Carve the bodies up and keep them in your fridge and bury them in your back yard. Cannibalism is becoming more respected in todays SpecOps community.
|
|
#537
 2003-12-17, 08:31
|
TheSmilingBandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Theoretically, SWIM is looking for someone in Tucson for a theoretical night op. This would be
SWIM's first night op, theoretically, and he's looking for something easy and abandoned.
SWIM doesn't own a car, but might live on the east side, and theoretically has crash space for anyone who doesn't have a car but wants to engage in a theoretical op.
You can email SWIM at tsb@edumail.hu, and theoretically we can talk about the piece of fiction posted here.
As stated, SWIM does not exist, there is no night op, and anything posted is complete fiction.
~Theoretically TSB
|
|
#538
 2003-12-17, 13:00
|
Kraven Moorehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infinityshock has a good idea. I'm gonna ring up some expensive night op shit on my dad's card and have it sent to the office building where one of my high school buddys interns in the mail room. Then I'll shitcan his card, and he'll report it stolen. He may not even have to pay for any of it. This is going to kick so much ass it's unbelievable. http://www.totse.com/bbs/cool.gif
|
|
#539
 2003-12-17, 16:21
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
dude, i really think that u should keep trying to get into that drawer, and get some kind of gun 4
protection. cause with the government. if u find something out. ur a non person. so b careful. but
defenitely get into the drawer. if u find anything post it on totse so the whole world knows the
secrets man. little did the government know, a teenager can kick their ass man
|
|
#540
 2003-12-17, 16:28
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If u find out anythin about ur dad n the cia email me cause im into all that shit man and am really
curious about it. so if u find anything email me at: the_blackarcher69@hotmail.com
|
|
#541
 2003-12-17, 16:41
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
dude, i love doin nightops. that hting u said about the dogs. is right and wrong. if theyre ur dogs,
theyre used 2 u just walkin by. but wen u try n sneak past. they think ur an intruder. now. i know
that sneaking past dogs is hard but its very possible. my last night ops i did there were 2 huge
guard dogs asleep. all u hav to do is lie flat on ur stomach and slither as quietly as u can past
them. i totaly agree with u on knives but if u want a gun. make ur own. i made myself a semi auto
pistol with a silencer, but the only problem is that everytime u shoot it u have to let the bullet out
of the chamber urself like a sniper rifle. ive only had 2 shoot a dog once just burn the body, but i
toataly agree with the knives, good weapon if u know how 2 use them. i started my night ops at
7yrs old. but they started getting more serious around now (14) now i hav 2 use every resource
possible. always hav a sure way out
ive had to use all this stuff once bfore 2 escape from a night ops and chase from the damn cops, ill post that night ops 4 yall later. but ya ive had 2 use: knives, guns, infrared goggles, grappling hook, lock pick, car booster ect. it ended almost the worst possible , had the cops not known about my weapons.
|
|
#542
 2003-12-17, 16:43
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
dude, i love doin nightops. that hting u said about the dogs. is right and wrong. if theyre ur dogs, theyre used 2 u just walkin by. but wen u try n sneak past. they think ur an intruder. now. i know that sneaking past dogs is hard but its very possible. my last night ops i did there were 2 huge guard dogs asleep. all u hav to do is lie flat on ur stomach and slither as quietly as u can past them. i totaly agree with u on knives but if u want a gun. make ur own. i made myself a semi auto pistol with a silencer, but the only problem is that everytime u shoot it u have to let the bullet out of the chamber urself like a sniper rifle. ive only had 2 shoot a dog once just burn the body, but i toataly agree with the knives, good weapon if u know how 2 use them. i started my night ops at 7yrs old. but they started getting more serious around now (14) now i hav 2 use every resource possible. always hav a sure way out
ive had to use all this stuff once bfore 2 escape from a night ops and chase from the damn cops, ill post that night ops 4 yall later. but ya ive had 2 use: knives, guns, infrared goggles, grappling hook, lock pick, car booster ect. it ended almost the worst possible , had the cops known about my weapons.
|
|
#543
 2003-12-17, 17:05
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
let me tell u about my most exiting night ops.
It was 1 http://www.totse.com/bbs/redface.gifoam sunday mornin wen we got an ops team 2gether. we were all armed with the same stuff (grappling hook, gun<<the kind i told u about>> a shrike hunting knife and infrared gogles. ok we went to the police station 4 our ops (wich turned out 2 b a really bad idea) ok infiltration was the easy part. very poor security. four locks 8 cylinder 5 tumblers each. 2 cameras covering the front entrance 2 covering the back
we went quitely makin sure we were out of the cameras view, got underneath them and slashed the wires and cut the lens. then picked the locks (wich was easy and quick) and then we went in. wen we got in there were 3 dogs on the floor asleep. and were like fuck. so we got our guys 2 cover us as we went. me and 2 ppl got past ok but the rest ... they were walking wen the floorboard creeked. the dogs woke up. we shot 2 and i knifed the third. by that time 3 cops were downstairs and they saw us (we were wearing masks) my friend shot at 1 and hit him in the hand. the other cop sounded the alarm. and we started runnin like little sons of bitches. we went 2 an old part of town were there were lots of old buiseness. they had like ten guys on us. we split up into groups of 2. me and my partner NightHawk69 went north. the others went different ways. we used our grappling hooks and climbed a building. the cops went through the building and went up the staris 2 the roof (we were lucky ass hole with the grappling hooks, they caught a vent and wen we got up it broke lol)
ok, then we started hopping rooftops. and so on. in the end we were stuck in a huge complex building, with like 3cops searching it 4 us. we took 2 the vents. i crawled ithe way we were going, my friend covered our backs. we ended up at the end of the vents over a huge room. wen we dropped through the vent a cop was waiting 4 us. i slashed his throat. my friend shot the one who came through the door and i nailed the other one in the face with a nice little bullet.
wen we got back to our headquarters everyone was there. 2 men had been shot so we had to bring them to our house and get the bullets out ouselves. as a result to that horid night.
i am now in hiding with the rest of my team. i will not reaveal our location in case this is being traced. im posting this on a public computer. let me give u a good piece of advice. if u hav a weapon. dont hesitate to use it cause it will most likely be used on u. i shift from place to place. country to country now. so i dont post that much. but if u guys need help or hav questions on how to make weapons or armour email me at: the_blackarcher69@hotmail.com
|
|
#544
 2003-12-17, 17:11
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
quote:Originally posted by bad_b0y_4_lif3:
...Urban Exploration...
Hi, I'm pretty new to the UE scene, and was wondering what other equipment do yall take with you on your little "excursions"?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm planning my own this Sunday, and need some tips/advice. The building I'me "infiltrating" (if you can call it that...) is abandoned, and pretty bell boarded up. I have the following tools so far:
-Dremel with diamond drill bit
- Cutting bit for dremel
-jeweler's flat and phillips head screwdrivers
-regular screwdrivers
-flashlight
-batteries
-knife(X4)
-midnight blue BDU's, boots, gloves, and hat
-crow bar
Any other gear yall think I should carry with me?
--bad_b0y_4_lif3
[This message has been edited by bad_b0y_4_lif3 (edited 07-25-2003).] dude i take with me lots of stuff: my swiss army knife, my shrike hunting knife, my 50pcs lock pick set, a grappling hook, night vision goggles, a dart gun(its easy to make my own narcotics 2 put into the darts 2 traquilize ppl), my pistol, and a 2way radio in case i need help in a tight situation.
|
|
#545
 2003-12-17, 19:41
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Sage advice, Sam Fisher. Where did you find all that? (PS: Splinter Cell rocks.)
The big mountain op I posted about here before has pretty much been planned out. I hope to execute it this Friday night. I'll let you all know how it goes
-Infrared infrared take it from me wen i tell u that night ops in the mountains is very pleasing, but tough. just around my town there is a military base in the mountains (originnaly a safepoint for wounded soldiers but has beeen modified into an airfield). the base is 12knots wide and 20knots long. the outer perimiter is sorrounded by trees. well actually large forests. but the thing is that the soldiers make a run along the forest trail every 30mins. (no one is supposed 2 know about the base, me n my friends came across it wile skiing last year). ya.
OBJECTIVE: infiltrate base and obtain any information on the bases functions and purpose.
INVENTORY:deerskin tent, my dads sniper rifle, my homemade pistol, my shrike hunting knife, my swiss army knife, a crossbow complete with infrared scope, night vision and infrared goggles, a tin of matches and a set of alpine skis. lol all this fits into my very large backpack.
EXECUTION PLAN: scale mountain, establish a camp 2.3knots from base, observe base for 1 night, move in at 1:00am next day, watch security, infiltrate base at all costs, find documents in command post, exfiltrate, double back to camp, take backpack and skii down mountain to safe point percisely 283.4knots down mountain.
As u guys can see ive been planning this 4 about a year now. i dont plan on doing any shooting but if i do, im a fair shot. the reason im so curious is because on 1 side of the base there is an electrified fence with a machine gun station. and on the other side a well defended gate. after i pass the security at the perimiter of the base (if i pass them) i can work my way in without much trouble after that, and without shooting alot i hope. ill let u guys know how my almost impossible ops turns out.
|
|
#546
 2003-12-17, 19:44
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RevolutionNov7th:
This is a kickass thread...
And I thought I was the only one that went prowling around at night for the hell of it. I live in a quite built-up part of town so I'd look a little suspicious with a BDU and airsoft gun strolling down the street. I normally have just dark clothing and a small dark cloth backpack.
Once I was in a large park however, on the way to a storage yard that was full of interesting stuff. It was pitch black. Suddenly about 5 or 6 drunken townies came out of nowhere and started messing about very near me. I was dressed head to toe in black and they came within 10 feet of me but never noticed I was there... i do go prowling about at night for the hell of it 4 practice.
but on my real ops, i set objectives, usually something to do with getting information.
i try as much as i can to break into government establishements. the only problem is if they see u they shoot u
|
|
#547
 2003-12-17, 19:49
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
I agree with the "no airsoft gun" thing. I don't mean to be insulting either, but it would be very stupid to carry one with you, for all the reasons the other poster mentioned. Besides, they serve no purpose whatsoever, other than to scare the shit out of a guard and end up getting you shot (don't discount the possibility that they're carrying concealed weapons, or can call for armed backup). I know that sounds extreme, but take ZERO chance.
I do recommend bringing a sharp, reliable, black (or otherwise non-reflective, but preferably black ) knife with you, for pure utility purposes (by no means should you ever weild it as a weapon, even if you fuck up and get caught). One thing: Keep the knife somehow concealed! That way, again if you should be discovered, you're not spotted with a big damn knife on your ankle. Your
goal is to get through unseen and unheard, and leave no traces, but you always have to have a contingency plan. If you're caught with an Airsoft gun and a Buck knife on your hip, you're either going to get arrested or shot. Just a few pointers. Hope that op is fun, but if it IS military (and you can confirm it), stay away from it
-Infrared
EDIT: Post #50. yeehaw.
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 08-08-2003).] im not insulting man but giving u advice. dont take an airsoft gun. take a real one.
|
|
#548
 2003-12-17, 19:55
|
InfraredScope69 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
As for spraying bullets with teflon to make them go through armor: no.
Doing that will just lead to more barrel fouling. If you want your bullets to go through armor, look for at least steel-core ammo, and at best, true military AP ammo. If your gun is caliber . 308/7.62X51 or .223/5.56, surplus AP ammo can be found. Surplused rifle AP ammo is legal to own, but not handgun. IF you can even find AP handgun ammo, the stuff is highly illegal, so don't touch it. Also, I hope you don't plan on shooting any cops or anything http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
seriously. Last thing we need is another shooting. And the usual disclaimer: I'm only telling you about all this for information; etc, etc.
-Infrared
look dude make ur own bullets. ill tell u how. ok if u know how to smth meatal ur fine. wut i do is i got my friends dad to make a bullet shaped mould 4 me. now since theres no lead in the bullet i made it very very long, id say about 5cm that way the exit wound will be very large. it wont kill them, it will put them out for the count. unless of course, u hit them in the heart.
|
|
#549
 2003-12-18, 14:45
|
Kraven Moorehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by 60chu:
stupid fuck alert..the speed of sound is uch faster tha 1150 ft/sec dumbass The Speed of Sound
The first analytical determination of the speed of sound was given by Isaac Newton in Proposition 49 of Book II of the Principia. For sea level air at a typical ambient temperature he computed a value of 968 ft/sec (increased to 979 ft/sec in the 2nd edition), which is too low by about 13%, the true value being about 1116 ft/sec. To account for this difference, Newton suggested various nonideal effects, although it remained for Laplace to rectify the deficiency in Newton's analysis. Nevertheless, the basic method conceived by Newton was essentially correct, and Laplace was surely correct in saying that the analysis is "a monument to Newton's genius" (especially considering that it was just one of many incidental results contained in the Principia).
Yes, it does indeed look like there's a stupid fuck in our midst.
InfraredScope69
2003-12-18 15:34
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by maundy:
heres basically what i take on a mission
*i wear commercial (hunting) camo clothing, its better than army stuff
*slr bayonet
*army boots
if its a mission far away, i take webbing and water and those army bags full of useful stuff.
btw yes i know i am a try hard rambo lol dude all u need 4 night ops. is dark blue camo suit, hunting knife, gun, rope, nv goggles, or prefferably inifrared. ya, just trynot to pull the trigure wile the gun is pointed at sumone. its for cameras only
|
|
#550
 2003-12-18, 23:15
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
whats happening to this thread? its getting destroyed. anyways, who said sound travels more
than 1150 ft/per second? fuck you are dumb. i think you mean light. light is around 1000 meters
per second, i think. and sound is around 300-330 meters per second. anyways, i plan on a nite-op
saturday, i been busy but i post here soon!!!!
|
|
#551
 2003-12-19, 01:06
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by AGruntsJaggon:
Well whoever made them obviously made them to harrass the people here. They were both made in the last few days, and all their posts were done here. Kraven Moorehead is obviously a joke name that is making fun of infinity thinking that we are gay. InfraredScope69 is obviously some sort of spoof of Infrared who infinity does not like. Also Scopes posts are total bullshit because they dont work logically. Infinity is the only one flaming people here at the time so it must be him. And the URLs dont mean shit, I could put eBay if I wanted, and one of them dosent even have a URL.
I may have way too much spare time on my hands but I dont have enough to make up multiple screen names to harass people. phred jr. has obvious mental issues and Im offended that you would associate him with me.
I never said I didnt like phred sr. Actually, the only one I dont like on this whole board is that retard who is always posting about how blacks and jews are taking over the world. Phred sr flamed me several times before I started flaming him. Go back and look at who I flame...they flamed me first. Anyway...for the record, I am only posting under one screen name on this board and any other board I have ever posted to. Hell...Ive either used this name or 8shock since the early '90s.
|
|
#552
 2003-12-19, 01:26
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
I'll probably just kill it soon, unless Ironz or someone decides to archive it. I'll copy the useful stuff, though, and hang onto it, so no worries. I'll let it hang a little while longer Aww...come on...this is fun. Dont be such a party pooper. I mean...look at this...elevendy billion posts in one thread... its gotta be a record.
Anyway...about real nite ops. I think some little bastard was trying to do a nite op in my yard a little while ago. As I was typing this post my security system started beeping for a sensor in my front yard so I went out my back door. Its 8:00 pm here at about 60' (which is cold for me) and Im walking around my yard in my bare feet freezing my nards off. As I got to the front yard I could hear the little tard walking thru my grass so I walked up to him and said 'can I help you?' He looked all startled and held up a big box and said he was from some charity or some shit selling junk and did I want to buy something. I politely said 'no' and even more politely told him to get out of my yard.
This kid set off two sensors inside my fence (both sides of my front yard), and when I got to him he was on the opposite side of my front yard and didnt even ring my doorbell. Is that suspicious, or is it just me? Anyway...I watched him go to four different houses on my block. (I was in stealth mode, hiding in bushes and shit...does that count as a real nite op? Do I get to be a cool kid now? ) I know Im cool cause dammit, its cold outside.
|
|
#553
 2003-12-19, 03:31
|
'devil man' 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
infared, can you post all the usefull stuff in one post when you put it into a document? i dont have
time to look through how ever many pages there are in the thread.
thanks, ill repay the vavour some time.
|
|
#554
 2003-12-19, 06:25
|
60chu 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by infinityshock:
I dont think I need to address this, since Craving Morehead did quite a good job of it. Thank you Mr. Head. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...nd/souspe.html
the speed of sound in dry air varies, and is not a constant. at arou d 90 degrees F the speed of sound is around 1150 ft/sec, but that is with dry air. with a dampness factor, is actaully increases the speed of sound. and as the temperature increase, the speed of sound rises linearly as well, thus the speed of sound is always varying as well as the temperature, IE: in a desert in say, africa the speed of sound is around 1600 fps, whereas in a tundra like iceland could be as low as 800 fps. an additional factor to the speed of sound is the fact that the atmosphere is not composed of 100% dry air, the different gases compiled in our atmosphere can change the speed of sound just like the temperature factors.
|
|
#555
 2003-12-19, 22:17
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Loc Dogg:
whats happening to this thread? its getting destroyed. anyways, who said sound travels more than 1150 ft/per second? fuck you are dumb. i think you mean light. light is around 1000 meters per second, i think. and sound is around 300-330 meters per second. anyways, i plan on a nite-op saturday, i been busy but i post here soon!!!! no
beleive it or not there is a difference between meters per second and feet per second, about three
times. the speed of sound is about 331 meters per second OR 1087 feet per second.
the speed of light in a vacuum is not 1000 m/s but is a little under 300,000,000 meters per second or about 980,000,000 feet per second
|
|
#556
 2003-12-20, 01:54
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pissedpat:
no
beleive it or not there is a difference between meters per second and feet per second, about three times. the speed of sound is about 331 meters per second OR 1087 feet per second.
the speed of light in a vacuum is not 1000 m/s but is a little under 300,000,000 meters per second or about 980,000,000 feet per second ok thanx for that.
|
|
#557
 2003-12-20, 02:08
|
Kraven Moorehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm not having much luck finding out how to get into any secret government death squads. I think I'm just going to start my own freelance-Ninja-for-hire business. I'll stealth my way into office buildings and kife corporate secrets for the competition...you know, shit like that. And I'll operate totally under radar - you won't be able to contact me unless you know somebody that knows somebody, know what I'm sayin'? That way, THE MAN will never be able to track me down. It'll be like I don't even exist, kinda' like you guys on here. And God help any hapless bastard that crosses me. I'll be there when you least expect it. Just when you let your guard down..WHAM!!! I'll strike from the shadows, just like a jungle cat. I will move swiftly, and you will be dead.
On a different note, I have some really cool shit on the way, courtesy of my dad's credit card. I got a totally bitchin' set of head-mountable night vision goggles, a grappling hook, a blow dart gun, a Bowie knife with Deluxe Naugahyde Sheath, a John Holmes Personal Enlarger Pump (I did a little research, and I think those pills are bogus), and a dozen assorted throwing stars. I'll let you in on my upcoming op when I get all my equipment. Roger-Wilco, over and out.
|
|
#558
 2003-12-20, 02:50
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by 60chu:
Quote: Originally posted by infinityshock:
I dont think I need to address this, since Craving Morehead did quite a good job of it. Thank you Mr. Head. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...nd/souspe.html
the speed of sound in dry air varies, and is not a constant. at arou d 90 degrees F the speed of sound is around 1150 ft/sec, but that is with dry air. with a dampness factor, is actaully increases the speed of sound. and as the temperature increase, the speed of sound rises linearly as well, thus the speed of sound is always varying as well as the temperature, IE: in a desert in say, africa the speed of sound is around 1600 fps, whereas in a tundra like iceland could be as low as 800 fps. an additional factor to the speed of sound is the fact that the atmosphere is not composed of 100% dry air, the different gases compiled in our atmosphere can change the speed of sound just like the temperature factors. Give up dude...its over. You really should stop making a fool of yourself. Im not discussing this
anymore; you are wrong. Admit it, get over it, and move on.
|
|
#559
 2003-12-20, 03:10
|
Kraven Moorehead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I decided that I can't wait to unveil my first night op, so here it is:
There is this family that lives several blocks from me, kind of on the outskirts of town. There are about 14 of them that live in this house, and I'm not sure of their relationship with each other. I know it's two parents, 4 or 5 of their kids, and several assorted cousins / boyfriends / girlfriends and a few little hooligans thrown into the mix for good measure. Anyways, they all live together in this old ramshackle house on the edge of town, and everybody in town knows of them or has heard of them (I guess every town has a family like this). Anyways, not a single one of them has a job. They survive off of Welfare, Food Stamps, and I think 3 or 4 of them receive a monthly numbskull check from the government for being a little on the mentally deficient side. This is how they support their whole tribe.
It came to my attention recently that they got a satellite dish in their yard (Direct TV or some shit). I decided that this is a luxury unbecoming a family that sponges off the taxpayers, especially when there are so many honest people out there who work two jobs just to feed their family peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. When my equipment gets here, my plan is to carefully negotiate my way through the neigborhood (undetected) to their house in the dead of night, infiltrate their perimeter, and take out their satellite uplink. I'll have to be careful, though. Some of them are usually up for most of the night.
I'll post again in a few days and let you know how it turned out. It's going to be so friggin' cool to get all decked out in my night ops duds and go prowling around town. I think I'm going to wear a cape, too. Like that dude in Lord of the Rings.
[This message has been edited by Kraven Moorehead (edited 12-20-2003).]
|
|
#560
 2003-12-20, 07:18
|
Acid-Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Question, my video camera has night vision or something on it. It can zoom in as well and has
one of those mini screens, wouldent this be alot better to use (because you can take
pictures/record) then NV goggles and such?
im new at night ops, but i plan on going on one this spring.
|
|
#561
 2003-12-20, 18:34
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Acid-Killer:
Question, my video camera has night vision or something on it. It can zoom in as well and has one of those mini screens, wouldent this be alot better to use (because you can take pictures/record) then NV goggles and such?
im new at night ops, but i plan on going on one this spring.
I think that that would be okay but a camcorder's night vision isn't very good quality.
|
|
#562
 2003-12-20, 21:55
|
Acid-Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Winter Night Ops?
Well since its nice and cold and snowy in my city, me and my freind (not being patient enough to wait until summer) are thinking about doing a night ops soon, we were thinking maybe about dressing in white camo/white clothes to blend in with the snow....
But then when i think about it, were going to be climbing fences/on buildings and such, not really in a pile of snow.
Any suggestions on a mission we could do, eqp nessacary and especiialy if you guys know what colors we should wear since its winter...
thanks
|
|
#563
 2003-12-20, 22:44
|
janke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Do you have storage facilities there? I believe that they have really good security and that would be a pretty challenging op.
|
|
#564
 2003-12-20, 23:09
|
Acid-Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well its going to be my first time out...something nice and easy, maybe observing random houses
with binoculars/cam corder night vision.
Im going to be wearing pajama pants , with my dark navy blue Dickie pants over top (its winter, gotta dress warm) Just some normal shoes (circa - skate shoes for you who care) that are dark blue. For upper wear im kind of stumped...its either layer on tons of black hoodys, or wear a black hoody and my grey jacket (but its a kind of shiny/snowboarding jacket grey). and im going to wear my grey toque. Going to wear your ordinary winter gloves (black).
going to also use ankle ties for less noise, any otehr tips or anything would be GREAT.
|
|
#565
 2003-12-21, 02:14
|
Alutrius Xavier 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i love doing night ops
and this thread is very interesting to read.
last night me and 3 other people went over to a lake side street and went and snuck around for like an hour after that we started drop kicking santa statues and throwing garbage cans into the lake
|
|
#566
 2003-12-21, 17:54
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Alutrius Xavier:
i love doing night ops
and this thread is very interesting to read.
last night me and 3 other people went over to a lake side street and went and snuck around for like an hour after that we started drop kicking santa statues and throwing garbage cans into the lake
Miss Manners would not approve.
Anywayz, speaking of raping Christmas...a couple nites ago I was at a friends house and her neighbors are constantly pissing her off so I went over to their house (at about 2am) and relocated their Christmas decorations. There were two reindeer whos necks moved...one neck went up and down, the others neck went side to side. I set them on top of each other so it looked like they were getting jiggy with it.
There was a santa whos hand waved and I tried to bend the metal so it looked like he was wacking off but I broke it. Oops. Now his arm is hanging limp with a piece of metal sticking out of his shoulder spinning in circles. Not very Christmass-ie.
The next thing I did was relocate the christmas lights so they spelled out a certain colorful expletive. Well, several colorful expletives.
I was going to rearrange the nativity scene to look like an olden-days porn scene, but that just seemed wrong.
The last thing I did was stick a broken giant candy cane into their inflatable-snowan so it looks like he has the biggest hard-on since Long Dong Silver.
Someone took pictures and Ill post them if I ever get to see them.
|
|
#567
 2003-12-23, 01:27
|
Spam Man Sam 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Acid-Killer:
Winter Night Ops?
Well since its nice and cold and snowy in my city, me and my freind (not being patient enough to wait until summer) are thinking about doing a night ops soon, we were thinking maybe about dressing in white camo/white clothes to blend in with the snow....
But then when i think about it, were going to be climbing fences/on buildings and such, not really in a pile of snow.
Any suggestions on a mission we could do, eqp nessacary and especiialy if you guys know what colors we should wear since its winter...
thanks
where boots instead of shoes. They work better. Keep us aprised of the mission outcome
|
|
#568
 2003-12-23, 03:56
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If you are doing true night-ops, then you may not go out in the snow, as that is leaving a trace. If
you are an expert and can cover your tracks, then you dont need any advice.
|
|
#569
 2003-12-23, 04:20
|
matches27 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I was planning on going on an op this night. The snow just melted and I was all exited. Right now its pouring rain and I'm pissed. My op is ruined. Well atleast I get another day of planning. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#570
 2003-12-23, 05:06
|
Nonexistant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The rain will cover up sounds and will dim sights, although it may be unpleasent to be moving around in soggy clothing. Just be sure to avoid puddles of water and muddy areas.
-Nonexistant
|
|
#571
 2003-12-23, 11:25
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok i went on some backyard op's last night.
My friend and i snuck out of his wondow,we headed out the front and snuck around a bit but got tierd of that so we headed into his neighbours yard.
We snuck round there fore a while and then continued onto the next house down,the guy that lived there is a real bogan,he is like an alchoholic or something.We were in his backyard and we saw about 5 cartons of beer and a bar fridge full of beer and several cans laying around his porch.
So naturally i took a carton...he wont know.We went back to my friends room and skulled about 3cans and drunk about 4.I was pretty fucked up after this.I passed out and woke up at 11 the next morning.I am only 13 so that was alota beer 4 me to drink!We have a few cans left,were guna sell em 4 3bucks each:-)!!now i no were to go to get beer,lol.
A cold beer after a summer nightop...ahh....
|
|
#572
 2003-12-23, 23:53
|
Reiz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Although I've never actually done a snow-op, it's generally a good idea to wear boots and try to stay out of snow as much as possible. Since you'll be climbing over fences and hanging around generally snowy areas, I'd recommend a lighter-side-of-medium-gray top and dark gray pants. The lighter side top so you'll meld a bit more with the scenery while running low, and the dark bottom because your legs are usually the first thing over a fence, if you're not running from something. Beware, though, the colors may somehow clash, you need just the right tone of each, because if they clash you might as well wear a a neon pink suit and walk around talking into a megaphone and holding a giant LED flashlight.
|
|
#573
 2003-12-25, 07:50
|
shredsb 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Loc Dogg:
whats happening to this thread? its getting destroyed. anyways, who said sound travels more than 1150 ft/per second? fuck you are dumb. i think you mean light. light is around 1000 meters per second, i think. and sound is around 300-330 meters per second. anyways, i plan on a nite-op saturday, i been busy but i post here soon!!!! light = 3.0 x10^8 meters a second
|
|
#574
 2003-12-25, 12:11
|
Evil_Empire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
nighttime ops sounds hell fun,
plus i wanna post in this MASSIVE topic.
mm now iam thinkin bout goin out with a few mates,
i dont have much stuff but what would u suggest as a basic start?
l8r
|
|
#575
 2003-12-25, 17:37
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i recently got some tabi boots and i thought some of you might be interested in a short review. they are very light and flexible. i haven't had much experience with climbing in them but i think the split toe design could definitely help out in certain situations. if you are concerned with leaving foot prints the split toe could be a very negative thing. the prints would be easily traced and identifiable. they are definitely a lot more silent than your typical shoe. overall i would recommend them. that's all i can think of so if anyone wants to ask me a question about them i'll try to answer.
NumB-nUTz 2003-12-25 19:53 Now you see I would love to do this night-ops stuff but the backyards around my way are all really small with high fences and flowerbeds either side of fences. http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
|
|
#576
 2003-12-26, 06:33
|
systemofadown2k 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I am gonna contribute some information for people in here.
These are Diffrent ways to move.
__________________________________
1. Black/Stealthily Step
Lower the hips and raise both arms; the feet are turned inwards and one shoulder width apart. The hips are back and the head lowered. The eyes are directed without being fixed at a spot about ten foot ahead. Keeping the upper body still move the right foot in to the left then out and forward in a semi-circle manner, keeping all the weight on the left foot and feeling the ground ahead with the foot for a suitable step. Always keep the arms up and elbows in to protect the body and feel for obstacles. Always direct the Chi (inner/sixth sense) forward.
2. Cross Step
Stand sideways to the direction you wish to go. The lead arm is held middle to low section in front of you ready to steady the body if it should become unbalanced and the rear arm is held up by the head in a ready position. Move all of the body weight onto the front foot then bring the rear foot around in front of the body and place it half a step in front, in the direction you want to go. Then take the front foot, from behind the previous rear foot, and stretch it out as far as possible feeling for a suitable position to place it. The eyes scan the ground about three foot in front. This technique is easily mastered and is extremely efficient for quick, silent movement. When passing a window, or the like, one should listen for sounds before, during and after one has passed the obstacle. Always try and move on the balls of the feet, as this gives faster, smother movements.
3. Night Walking Ability
This is employed when it is necessary to move quietly and quickly forward. Lower the body for better balance, and extend the arms, palm down at waist level. Step forward with the left foot, balancing on the right leg. Place the toes lightly on the ground and shift body weight forward. As you move, press the left heel down gently. Glide forwards, advancing the right foot in a similar manner.
4. Serpent Step
This technique is employed when one needs move close to the ground. Keep the body as flat as possible. The hands are kept palms down, near the face, with elbows close to the body, legs spread, and toes outward. The head is lifted to observe the enemy. to move forward, extend the arms and draw the left leg forward. The weight is borne on the forearms and ankle to knee on the leg, so that the body does not drag on the ground. Change the pushing leg frequently to avoid fatigue. Stop and listen after each movement, silence and slow movement are essential.
Dragon Step
This is a variation of the serpent step. Keep the body free of the ground by resting on the forearms and lower legs. Move forwards by alternately moving the right knee/left elbow and then the left knee/ right elbow. This position is quite vulnerable so use it at distance.
5. Rushing Step
Use this technique when changing cover. From a press up position, bring the right leg up to the chest, the same as a 100m runner. Spring to the feet and run to the next position keeping low with the arms hanging in front. At the new position silently drop to the knees then to the front of the body and roll into cover.
6. Entering Pivot
This is most effective when turning a corner, i.e. a wall. Press against the wall with the back, resting the weight forward. Place the leading hand by the knee and the rear hand around the body and press it against the wall by the face. Slowly learn forward and look around the corner. Do this at a fairly low level. Having determined that the move can be accomplished move the head back out of sight. Stretch the leading leg around the corner as far as possible and slide the body around the corner. When the hips have cleared the wall the rear leg is pulled through. Press your back against the wall and check that the movement was not observed.
7. Wall Climbing Ability
To perfect this technique to scale bare or smooth walls requires three years floor work, three years climbing walls with jutting bricks and three years bare wall climbing. Press the body against the wall, getting a feel for the surface material. Look directly upward, selecting a hand hold route you will employ. Grip the ledge, and place the toes on a second ledge. Simultaneously push with the legs and pull with the arms, gaining sufficient momentum to carry your hand to the edge of the wall. Regain balance and go again, moving only one point at a time. Walls may also be advanced with the chest facing, and using drainpipes and trellises, bearing in mind that they are considerably weaker at the top than at the bottom. Always test the object before attempting to scale them. When confronted by a fence topped by barbed wire, three methods may be used to cross the perimeter. First you may climb the barrier, finding ample support for feet and hands near the support poles. When crossing the barbed wire, grasp it at either the support, or between the barbs and slowly let yourself over taking care not to get caught on the wire. Drop clear of the fence on the other side executing a forward roll to break the impact, reduce noise and roll to a pre-selected point of concealment. Take care not to touch electrified fences, look for small insulator boxes at intervals and dead animals nearby.
8. Side Step
This technique is employed when the need to pass an open door or threshold arises. Assume the position as in the 'entering pivot step' (#6) Observe the situations, noting any personnel and their positions. As quickly and silently as possible push off with the rear leg stepping clear of the opening and landing on the left leg in one swift motion. On the other side check once again that the movement was not observed.
9. Lost Track Pivot
Stand with knees slightly bent toes pointing forward, and the body lowered slightly. Pivot on the ball of the right foot while turning toward your right forward corner and step out to your left. You will now be facing 90 degrees from your original position. The instant the left foot touches down, shift the weight to that side and execute another 90 degree pivot, this time to your right rear corner. You now face 180 degrees from your original position.
More Ways To Move
When ascending stairs keep close to the wall and move using the cross step. Alternatively you could use the dragon step to move up the stairs. This spreads out the body weight and pressure and reduces noise while keeping the body's position covered. When confronted by a mirror, treat it as an opening or window passing out side the field of reflection. Observe the position of your
shadow as this may give you away.
Moving At Night
Not all of the movement methods are suitable at night. The appropriate method for night movement must be adopted. * At night you hear more than you see * Stop and listen. Keep close to the ground. * Freeze if you hear a noise.
When moving at night always remember to:
* Keep quite..........................Don't have loose equipment *Move carefully...................Use the appropraite method of moving * Clear the route...................Do not step on any dry vegetation * Use avaiolable cover........Flares turn night into day
Listening At Night
Use your ears and turn them towards any sound. Closing the eyes will help to increase the amount of noise that you hear. If there are men about, keep an ear close to the ground or any other other dense material such as walls, roads, rail traks, etc. Sound travels alot better throuch denser materials than it does through air.
Night Vision
Humans can see in the dark, however, the eyes take approximately 30 minutes to used to the dark. At night remember:
* We can see less than in daylight * We see shapes not detail * We see skylines and silhouettes * We may see movemnet.
Exposure to bright light will ruin the eyes night vision. If caught in the light of flares, headlights or other strong sources of light, take cover at once (in open ground), freeze (in a wood). If you see a flare, or bright light source, instantly close one eye. This will help to protect the night vision in that eye.
Movement Rules
Follow these general rules to move without being seen or heard by the enemy:
* Camouflage yourself and your equipment. * Wear soft, well-fitting clothes. Starched clothing swishes, baggy clothing is likely to snag. * Use ankle ties to blouse the trousers. Do not tie them too tightly as this restricts circulation. * Do not carry unnecessary equipment. * Look for your next point of concealment before leaving your position. * Change direction when moving through tall grass; a straight path causes unnatural motion which attracts attention. * If you alarm birds or animals , remain in your position and observe. Their flight may attract attention. * Take advantage of distractions provided by natural noises. * Cross roads and tracks where maximum cover exists, look for a low spot or curve, cross quickly and silently. * Follow the furrows when crawling over ploughed land, crossing the furrows at low spots. * Avoid steep slopes and areas with loose gravel or stone. * Avoid cleared areas and prevent silhouetting. * Avoid heavily trafficked areas. * Avoid areas that are not trafficked at all, they could be mined or booby-trapped. * Always move downwind from kennels or guard dog positions. * Observe the enemy as much as possible, watching for indications that you have been discovered. * When in doubt, don't move. * Learn the patterns used to see, that you may move outside the field of view. * Learn to move without disturbing your surroundings.
In these you must research and train diligently.
systemofadown2k
2003-12-26 06:39
How to get over difrent types of walls and security
____________________________________
Fences:
Fences are commonly used to protect the perimeter. The most common fence in use today is the cyclone fence, better known as the chain link fence. Fences are used as a deterrent and to prevent passage through the perimeter. Common ways of defeating fences are by cutting, climbing, and lifting. Cutting is not usually recommended for surreptitious entry, since it is easily noticeable. In this article, we will be taking the 'Stealth' approach. Climbing is most commonly done, but if the fence is in plain view, it may not be advisable since you can be seen easily. The higher the fence, the longer it takes to climb. The longer it takes to climb, the longer security has to detect and respond to your actions. Lifting is better since you are closer to the ground, and not as easily spotted, but the fence must be very flexible, or the sand very soft so you can get under the fence quickly and easily. Whenever you see a somewhat 'unclimbable' fence (or one that you just don't want to climb) you should check the perimeter for large trees with uncut branches hanging over the fence or other objects which will enable you to bypass the fence without ever touching it. You could use a ladder but you don't want to leave anything behind, especially with your fingerprints on it, not that you plan on doing anything illegal of course. Electric fences are not used for security purposes as much as they were in the past. Today, its main use if to keep cattle or other animals away from the perimeter (either from the inside or outside). There are devices which send a low voltage current through a fence and can detect a drop in the voltage when someone grabs onto the fence. Again, not too common. For high security installations, there may be 2 fences. An outer fence, and an inner fence which are 5-10 yards apart. It isn't often that you see this type of setup, it is mainly used by government agencies and the military. You can be very sure that there are various intrusion detection devices mounted on the fence, buried underground between them, and/or line-of-sight microwave or photoelectric devices used. These will be mentioned later. If you insist on penetrating the perimeter, then you should try to measure how far it is between fences. Now find a 2 foot by X foot board where X is the distance between the 2 fences. Very slowly place the board on top of both fences. If there are no fence vibration sensors you can just climb the fence and step onto the board to walk across the top. If there are fence sensors, you will need a ladder which cannot touch the fence to get you on top of the board. You can then walk on the board, over the ground in between, and jump down, being careful not to disturb the fences. This will work if there are no sensors after the 2 fences. Identi- fying sensors will be mentioned later. Obviously the method of using a long board to put on top of the two fences will not work if the fences are spaced too far apart. Also, you and the board can be seen very easily.
Barbed Wire:
There are two common types of barbed wire in use today. The more common and less secure is the type that is strung horizontally across the fence with three or more rows. The 'barbs' are spaced about 6" apart, enough for you to put your hand in between while climbing over. Also, it is thin enough to be cut very easily. If you think you will need to leave in a hurry or plan on problem free surreptitious entry and the only way out will be to climb over the fence again you can cut the wire from one post to another, assuming the wire is tied or soldered to each post, and replace it with a plastic wire which looks like the wire you just cut. Tie it to each post, and come back anytime after that. You can then climb over it without being cut. The other type of wire, which is more secure or harmful, depending on how you look at it, is a rolled, circular wire commonly called Razor Ribbon. One manufacturer of this is the American Fence Co. which calls it 'the mean stuff'. And it is. The barbs are as sharp as razors. Of course this can be cut, but you will need very long bolt cutters and once you cut it, jump as far back as you can to avoid the wire from springing into your face. As mentioned earlier, cutting is irreparable, and obvious. If the wire is
loosely looped, there may be sufficient room in between to get through without getting stitches and losing lots of blood. If the wire is more tightly looped you may be able to cover the the wire with some tough material such as a leather sheet so you can climb over without getting hurt. This method is not easy to accomplish however. You may want to see if you can get under the fence or jump over rather than climb it.
Fence Mounted Noise or Vibration Sensors:
Let's assume you have found a way to get past the fence. Of course you have not tried this yet, since you should always plan before you act. OK, you have planned how you would theoretically get over or past the fence. You are now past the deterrent and prevention stages. Before you put the plan into action you had better check for the things mentioned earlier. If a fence is the first step in security defense, then fence mounted sensors are the second step. The types of detection equipment that can be mounted on the fence are:
Fence shock sensors: These mount on fence posts at intervals of 10 to 20 feet, or on every post. They are small boxes clamped about 2/3 up from ground level. There is a cable, either twisted pair or coax running horizontally across the fence connecting these boxes. The cable can be concealed in conduits or inside the fence itself, thus, making it hard to visually detect. Each fence sensor consists of a seismic shock sensor that detects climbing over, lifting up or cutting through the fence. So if the fence is climbable, it would not be wise to do so since you may be detected. Of course it doesn't matter if your detected if there is no security force to respond and deter you. Another type, is called the E-Flex cable. It's simply a coax cable running horizontally across the fence. This cable can not only be used on chain link fences, but can also be used on concrete block, brick, or other solid barriers. It may be on the outside, or mounted inside the fence, thus, making detection of the device harder. Of course detection of this and other similar devices which cannot be seen, doesn't make it impossible. A way to detect this, is by simply repeatedly hitting the wall with a blunt object or by throwing rocks at it. If nothing out of the ordinary happens, then you can be reasonably sure it is not in place. This is basically a vibration sensor.
Low frequency microphones: This is essentially a coax cable that responds to noise transmitted within the fence itself.
Vibration sensors: These are based on mercury switches, a ring or ball on a pin, or a ball on a rail. Movement of the fence disturbs the switches and signals alarms. A hint that this is in use is that it can only be used on a securely constructed and tightly mounted fence, with no play or movement in it. Otherwise, they will be getting false alarms like crazy.
Now you know all about these types, how do you get around it? Well, don't touch the fence. But if there is no alternative, and you must climb it, then climb the fence where it makes a 90 degree turn (the corner) or at the gate. Climb it very slowly and carefully, and you should be able to get over without being detected by these sensors! Make sure you climb on the largest pipe and don't fall.
Security Lighting And CCTV:
Sometimes, fences may be backed up by Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) systems to make visual monitoring of the perimeter easier and quicker. By installing an adequate lighting system and conventional CCTV cameras, or by using special low light sensitive cameras, the perimeter can be monitored from a central point. Security personnel can then be dispatched when an intruder is detected on the monitors. Some systems are stationary, and others can be moved to view different areas of the perimeter from within the central station. It would be in your best interest to determine if the camera is stationary or not. If so, you may be able to plan a path which will be out of the view range of the camera. If it is movable, you will have to take your chances. Light control sensor: This utilizes a Passive InfraRed (PIR) sensor to detect the body heat emitted from someone entering the detection area, and can activate a light or other alarm. PIR's will be
discussed in Part II of this series. The sensor has an option called: 'night only mode' in which a light will flash when a person enters the area, but only during night hours. It can tell if its dark by either a photoelectric sensor, or by a clock. Of course if its daylight savings time, the clock may not be totally accurate, which can be used to your advantage. If it is photoelectric, you can simply place a flashlight pointing directly into the sensor during daylight hours. When it gets dark, the photoelectric sensor will still 'think' its day since there is sufficient light, thus, not activating the unit to detect alarm conditions. This should enable you to move within the area at will.
Buried Seismic Sensors:
Seismic detectors are designed to identify an intruder by picking up the sound of your footsteps or other noises related to passing through the protected area. These sensors have a range of about 20 feet and are buried underground and linked by a cable, which carries their signals to a processor. There, the signals are amplified and equalized to eliminate frequencies that are unrelated to intruder motion. The signals are converted to pulses that are compared with a standard signal threshold. Each pulse that crosses this threshold is tested on count and frequency. If it meets all the criteria for a footstep, an alarm is triggered. These sensors can even be installed under asphalt or concrete by cutting a trench through the hard surface. It is also immune to weather and can follow any type of terrain. The only restriction is that the area of detection must be free of any type of obstruction such as a tree or a bush.
Electronic Field Sensor:
These detect an intruder by measuring a change in an electric field. The field sensors use a set of two cables, one with holes cut into the cable shielding to allow the electromagnetic field to 'leak' into the surrounding area. The other cable is a receiver to detect the field and any changes in it. Objects passing through the field distort it, triggering an alarm. This sensor can either be buried or free standing, and can follow any type of terrain. But its very sensitive to animals, birds, or wind blown debris, thus, if it is very windy out, and you know this is being used, you can get some paper and throw it so the wind takes it and sets off the alarm repeatedly. If it is done enough, they may temporarily turn it off, or ignore it due to excessive false alarms. It is not hard to tell if these devices are in use. You cannot see them, but you don't have to. Simply get 3-4 medium sized stones. Throw them into the place where you think the protected area is. Repeat this several times. This works on the lesser advanced systems that have trouble distinguishing this type of seismic activity from human walking/running. If nothing happens, you can be reasonably sure this is not in use. Now that you can detect it, how do you defeat it? Well as far as the electronic field sensor is concerned, you should wait for a windy night and cause excessive false alarms and hope they will turn it off. As far as the seismic sensors, you can take it one step at a time, very softly, maybe one step every 30-60 seconds. These sensors have a threshold, say, two or more consecutive footsteps in a 30 second time interval will trigger the alarm. Simply take in one step at a time, slowly, and wait, then take another step, wait, until you reach your destination. These detectors work on the assumption that the intruder has no knowledge of the device, and will walk/run across the protected area normally, thus, causing considerable seismic vibrations. The problem with this method is that it will take you some time to pass through the protected area. This means there is more of a chance that you will be seen. If there are a lot of people going in and out of the facility, you may not want to use this method. Another way would be to run across the protected area, right next to the door, (assuming that is where the response team will come out) and drop a large cat or a dog there. When they come out, they will hopefully blame the alarm on the animal. The sensor shouldn't really pick up a smaller animal, but odds are the security force are contract guards who wouldn't know the capabilities of the device and the blame would fall on the animal and not you, assuming there were no cameras watching...
Microwave Systems:
In an outdoor microwave system, a beam of microwave energy is sent from a transmitter to a receiver in a conical pattern. Unlike indoor microwave detectors, which detect an intruders'
movement in the microwave field, the outdoor system reacts to an intruders' presence by detecting the decrease in energy in the beam. The beams can protect an area up to 1500 feet long and 40 feet wide. All transmission is line-of-sight and the area between transmitter and receiver should be kept clear of trees and other objects that can block the beam. Microwave systems can operate in bad weather, and won't signal an alarm due to birds or flying debris. These systems work on the Doppler effect, in which they detect motion that changes the energy, and sets off an alarm. These devices will usually be placed inside a fence to avoid false alarms. These devices are very easy to visually detect. They are posts from 1-2 yards high, about 6 inches by 6 inches and there are 2 of them, one receiver and one transmitter. In some cases there will be more, which enables them to protect a larger area. To defeat this, you can enter the field, very slowly, taking one step at a time but each step should be like you are in slow motion. It doesn't matter how hard you hit the ground, since it doesn't detect seismic activity, only how fast you approach the field. If you take it very slowly you may be able to get past. Detectors of this type get more and more sensitive as you approach the posts. Ergo, choose a path which will lead you furthest away from the posts.
Photoelectric Systems:
These systems rely on an invisible barrier created by beams of infrared light sent from a light source to a receiver. When the beam is interrupted, the alarm sounds. The beam can have an effective range of up to 500 feet. Multiple beams can be used to increase the effectiveness of the system, making it harder for you to climb over or crawl under the beams. Photoelectric systems can be prone to false alarms as a result of birds or wind-blown debris passing through the beam. The problem can be corrected by the installation of a circuit that requires the beam to be broken for a specified amount of time before an alarm is sounded. Weather conditions like heavy fog, can also interrupt the beam and cause an alarm. This can also be corrected by a circuit that reacts to gradual signal loss. These systems should not face directly into the rising or setting sun since this also cuts off the signal beam. As you can see this system has many problems which you can take advantage of to bypass this system. As with any system and method, surveillance of the facility should be accomplished in various weather conditions to help verify the existence of a particular detection device, and to see how they react to false alarms. Many times, you will be able to take advantage of various conditions to accomplish your mission. If there is only one set of devices (transmitter and receiver), try to estimate the distance of the sensors from the ground. You can then either crawl under or jump over the beam. This also works on the assumption that the intruder will not recognize that the device is in use.
Miscellaneous:
Guards: There are two types, in-house or company paid guards and contract guards. Contract guards are less secure since they do not work for the facility and if they make a mistake they simply get transferred to another facility no big deal. In-house guards know the facility better and have more to lose, thus, they are probably more security conscious. Be aware of any paths around the perimeter in which guards can/will walk/ride to visually inspect the exterior of the facility.
Central monitoring: Monitoring of the devices mentioned in this article is usually accomplished at a 'Central Station' within the facility. Usually, guards *SHOULD* be monitoring these. If you have planned well enough, you may find that the guard leaves his/her post to do various things at the same time every night. This would be an ideal time to do anything that may be seen by cameras. Unfortunately, there will probably be more than one guard making this nearly impossible.
Gates: Probably the easiest way to pass through the perimeter is to go through the gate. Whether in a car, or by walking. This may not be too easy if it is guarded, or if there is a card reading device used for entry.
Exterior card readers: For now, if the card used is magnetic (not Weigand) it is quite possible to
attack this. If you have an ATM card, Visa, or other magnetic card, slide the card thru, jiggle & wiggle it, etc. and quite possibly the gate will open. Reasons for this are that since it is outside, the reader is subjected to extreme weather conditions day in and day out, thus, the detecting heads may not be in the best of shape, or since it is outside it may be a cheap reader. In either case, it may not work as good as it should and can make 'mistakes' to allow you access.
|
|
#577
 2003-12-29, 08:49
|
heisler 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is just a warning to anyone who might try night ops. When night ops go bad.
|
|
#578
 2003-12-29, 09:40
|
canadiananarchyinjapan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
^Thank you for posting that. That made my day.
|
|
#579
 2003-12-30, 10:38
|
Nonexistant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If you meditate(visulize) your operation a few days before the actual op(or on the day) you will perform much better. It is like practicing it before hand, but not physically doing so.
Beware of decks, stairs, and rails made of wood on frozen winter nights. These have a large potential of snapping. Not a small snap but something that can be heard about 15 yards away(at the least) and will resound throughout a household.
Grass when frozen will not be kind but instead will crunch along with bark, loose dirt, and gravel.
In this information "cold" is defined as 32 degrees F or lower.
I apologize if any info has been restated from previous posts.
-Nonexistant
|
|
#580
 2004-01-01, 03:29
|
Reiz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I live in a fairly rural community (I like to call it "What's a black person?" rural), so I'm obviously going to know nothing about avoiding guards, lights, tall fences, and the fuzz, but I do know a lot about longevity. It's nearly 6 miles to the closest neighborhood that I can trash without being a suspect, and riding your bike is a good idea sometimes, but not all of the time.
Clothing: I'm a big fan of the hoodie. It's warm, has a pocket for your hands, and the hood's at least somewhat helpful in concealing your face. They're also inconspicuous, meaning your parents wouldn't think of anything if they found this in your closet, but would if they found skin tight black pants and a black shirt set apart from the rest of your clothing. Gloves are great if you're trying to hide fingerprints, I suppose, but you can remove the need for them by putting your hands in the pocket and not doing anything ridiculously stupid.
Shoes: Rural communities often have large open fields that are shielded from the road by trees and serve as a great way to move in straight lines to a neighborhood without being seen. However, if it's snowed or rained recently, the long grass retains the water quite well, and you'll often find yourself soaked within moments. Any type of boot works great in this situation, as you might have guessed, but if you were to cut up a trash bag and make a covering for your shoe with it, it would work great. Since you're in a rural community, you don't need to worry about the noise it makes, and even if you do, it doesn't add much.
Gear: When my friend Tom and I (more on Tom later) first started doing this, we were sneaking out of my friend Tim's house (he was sick and took some medication that made him too sleepy to come) we decided to take along a bat as some extra fun. We'd been out at night before and all we did really was have those deep conversations about girls that you all know you've had. We had the greatest time that night. I actually knocked somebody's mailbox off of it's post with that bat. However, we were right next to a few houses and I was far enough away to not have to worry
about being a suspect. Now that I've tried going out from my house (it's almost 2 miles to the next group of houses, and my nearest neighbor is an acre away), I've realized that to go long distances you need some things.
1.) Caffeine is always a good thing, preferably before you go, during is okay too. Red Bull, apparently, has lots of stimulants and caffeine. This might work against you and impair your judgement somehow, but I've never tried it. Just make sure that you're not tired or sickly, because walking six miles in the cold while sick is not fun.
2.) It's best if you have a friend come with you. Six miles on a deserted highway completely surrounded by woods isn't a happy sight, and it takes it's toll on your nerves and even the best of us start to see things. When it happened, I would have sworn to anything you could name that there actually was a screaming girl chasing after me, I even heard footsteps. Of course, there wasn't, but it did get me pretty far in a very short period of time. Friends give you somebody to talk to, and somebody to laugh with.
3.) Keep your spirits up. This is all about having fun, so what's the point of trudging six miles and deciding it's not worth it and going homme? If you get tired or bored on the way to your target destination, have a little fun. Tom and I seriously trashed this one kid's house (We put everything we could find in his pool, and I found some bug foam spray and wrote some colorful words on his wall and then covered the pool in it) up until the kitchen light turned on unexpectedly. We then took all of the squirtguns we found on his deck and ran a lot faster than I did when the girl was chasing me.
4.) Organize. It sounds lame, but if you're just having a spot of fun, you don't think to tell anybody what to do, but Tom's sister, Tom, and I assigned roles to eachother before going after a house once, and we got so much done before they noticed. Tom found this huge rock and smashed against the door three or four times, while his siter tore up the lawn fixtures, and I had just found this impossibly heavy solid iron rod (weighing upwards of 13 pounds) and I hit their mailbox so hard it collapsed in upon itself and actually sparked. They noticed almost immediately and we hid from a few cars (and maybe the police if we stuck around), but in that shord minute or two we left a huge dent, and we still talk about it today. I've also wondered what it would be like to meet other people out at the same time you are. Interesting, and probably a great way to make some really good friends. Of course, in rural communities, it's a slim chance. You're better off just getting people to meet you somewhere.
|
|
#581
 2004-01-02, 03:30
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I was pondering the use of drugs during a night op, probably because I'm becoming a
smackhead. About the only drug you could get away with is meth, and that's a lower dose, not a
big-ass snorted tweak-blast that makes you all jittery or anything; you need your hands to be
relatively steady if you have to do anything precise. Not that I've done meth on an op, but in my
experience, it could be done, and may help you keep more alert.
-Infrared
|
|
#582
 2004-01-02, 06:19
|
chaos_guy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by systemofadown2k:
all that typing and no one even comments on the info I posted http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif No one commented on it because they all know or should know that what you posted was a word for word copy of a text file easily available in totse's Locks and Security section.
http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/lo...udi172665.html - By Alutrius Xavier
Please in the future remember to give credit where credit is due.
AGruntsJaggon
2004-01-03 07:44
I was recently on a family vacation and I was able to infiltrate part of a hotel I stayed at. When I
first went in there I noticed a security monitor that had four wires leading into it, four security
cameras, while my dad was setting up our room, I watched it, it cycled between the four cameras
in about 7 second cycles, I also noted where they were looking at. After we had settled in, I went
to scout out the cameras. One watched the pool, another the whirlpool. Two watched each of the
side enterances. I also noticed a fifth, that I did not see on the monitor, watching either the front
desk or the front enterance. The hotel had three floors and it was sectioned into six parts by the
elevator in the middle. Each part had a storage room, which was two storage rooms per floor. My
room was on the second floor accross the hall from a storage room. At night me and my brother
went down to get a soda, and on the way back, we fooled around with the room cards, trying
them on all the doors. I knew they wouldnt work but it was something to do. Keep in mind it was 2
AM, hallways were clear. Then I was about to go into our room and my brother, accross the hall
said' "Hey! It worked!" He had gained access to the storage room! We explored it, nothing much,
it was a small room that had lots of boxs that had large yellow envelopes that said "Night Audit"
on them. The back of the room had some shelves mounted with plastic boxs on them. I looked
closer and saw the boxs were attached to the wall, and they looked like phone lines for that half
of that floor. Of course I could have ripped out all the phone lines causing the whole half to be
phoneless, but I remembered the code, "Leave no trace" so I left the place untouched. I then
went accross the building to the other storage room, but alas, the card did not work. I then had a
theory that it only worked on the section that your room was in. We went downstairs, carefull to
avoid the cameras, an we discovered that the downstairs storage rooms were watched by
cameras because they were right next to the outside doors which the camera was aimed at. We
then went upstairs to the third floor, and discovered that the card worked! Now my theory had
gone to shit since both rooms on the third floor worked. In one of them were three housekeeping
carts. I knew that I should not touch anything, but I had already decided before this to steal some
lotion bottles, since my parents dont buy hand lotion, and my dick was getting sore. So I stole
three of those, like they are gonna care. Then I went to bed amazed that I could open those
doors. Next time your at a hotel, try you cards, on employees only doors, etc. They wont work on
the bedrooms or no one would go, but the other ones maybe.
|
|
#583
 2004-01-03, 08:39
|
Irrylath 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
I was pondering the use of drugs during a night op, probably because I'm becoming a smackhead. About the only drug you could get away with is meth, and that's a lower dose, not a big-ass snorted tweak-blast that makes you all jittery or anything; you need your hands to be relatively steady if you have to do anything precise. Not that I've done meth on an op, but in my experience, it could be done, and may help you keep more alert.
-Infrared
Off topic, sorry, but watch it with the tweekin', Red. Seriously, I learned from experience.
|
|
#584
 2004-01-03, 09:21
|
maundy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, Infrared, stay away from the drugs.
LSD and pot are OK, I suppose, but still don't do it regularly.
You will seriously fuck your life up. When you say you are becoming a smack head, are you referring to heroin, because thats what the call heroin around here.
Drugs may be fun, but if you never try them you will never know what you are missing out on.
Don't learn it the hard way like so many of us have.
|
|
#585
 2004-01-03, 10:29
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
all your "night op" experience will come in handy for you when you need to start stealing to support your drug habit.
|
|
#586
 2004-01-03, 16:51
|
-Imp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
OMG, new years night.. I had so much fun.. I was walking around in my neighbourghood cutting all the wires to the light in their tree�s ... OMG while I was walking up to a house. I saw a couple fucking in their bed room.. HAAHAAHAA..
|
|
#587
 2004-01-04, 23:15
|
systemofadown2k 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
actully it is in this txt file i got a while back ago, and i could not have copyied and pasted my
control key is broke.
the day after i posted it i remeberd that u could copy using the right mouse button.
i think the file was How to become a assasin or assasination files.
|
|
#588
 2004-01-05, 02:11
|
outerspaceapple 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sybil:
yes I do I had my hopes set on becoming one myself. But it is realy hard to find a job if you arn't in the right enviroment. Plus he can't but a privet jet with that money there's a little thing called the IRS. And a private plane still has to take off on a public airporte, and in a public airport you still have to go tru the metal detectors even if you have your own airplane. omg sybill you are a complete idiot! and IDIOT!!
look, my dad fly's a club plane around, and i know alot about airplanes, and airports. only the fucking huge airports, like miami international etc.. use metal detectors at all, and the little ones, you just tie your plane down (like parking your car) and literally walk away. there is no security. they only check for metal if you're flying on some commercial plane, u dumass!!
so, now that we've come to the conclusion that you dont know anything about what u speak, can u please not post shit unless ur sure its tru?
thanks,
~~outerspaceapple~~
|
|
#589
 2004-01-05, 13:09
|
Swartz45 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by systemofadown2k:
actully it is in this txt file i got a while back ago, and i could not have copyied and pasted my control key is broke.
the day after i posted it i remeberd that u could copy using the right mouse button.
i think the file was How to become a assasin or assasination files. You copied it from: http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ir...es/161683.html
(How to Become an Assassin by the Propogation).
People should quit stealing other people's work, it's happened several times in this thread so far.
Maybe you didn't mean to, but still, if you're using someone else's writing why not tell people what source you're using?
|
|
#590
 2004-01-05, 20:59
|
paintballpunk 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Dude! Your freaking me out! I had a dream about this topic! I was in my garage and I noticed I left the side garage door open and the house/garage door open. So I went to close the side garage door when I noticed my dogs were barking like crazy. They were killing something. And so I rember this topic and how a guy gets into your house, looks at stuff and then leaves without a trace. So I run inside and close the door and in the kitchen this kid around 15 was in my kitchen and when he saw me, he threw a huge fat grapefruit at me and I fell down and he ran out of the house.
Freaky...
|
|
#591
 2004-01-08, 04:00
|
cant think today 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infrared, do you speak a language besides english? I'm asking here because I know you'll see it
here...
|
|
#592
 2004-01-09, 03:25
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
A hotel op would be fun. I haven't yet tried an incognito op - meaning, people see you, but you
comport yourself so as not to arouse any suspicion, and you don't get caught going where you
shouldn't. I'd love to try.
And to the person who asked: No, I don't speak anything but English fluently; maybe a little Italian.
|
|
#593
 2004-01-09, 04:15
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
A good site with lots of stories on infiltration, more than exploring in and outside at night, is
Infiltration.org, the guys who runs the site also runs an Urban Exploration Ring which links to a
bunch of other sites which also have interesting stories. Wraiths is another good site. They have
a lot of info on urban exploration and infiltrating structures. Personally I have been practicing
going into Employees/Staff only areas while they are open. This helps can be done with a little
social engineering. Like at Hechts, I went into the storage area slowly, someone saw me, asked if
they could help me, I said I was looking for the dressing rooms, and then was directed there. Its
really not that big of a deal that you may think it is. Tomorrow I will either go in the staff bathroom
or lounge at my school, just to piss them off because I hate them, saying I didnt know I was not
allowed in there.
|
|
#594
 2004-01-11, 12:50
|
Craked 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Dangermouse:
I got one for you. 'Infrared sits on his computer today and thinks of more lies he can type and writes this bullshit down on a topic nighttime ops(new guy), after all this he think he's Uber coolz man for making up a croc of shit. How was that? Not to mention he's a retard, just thought i'd mention.
I had lets just say a "surplus" of Night Vision goggles brand new in the box. I asked him to email me in a thread in Spurious, he replied to the thread just below me and ignored my request.
Obviously Mr Infra-dickhead is too superior to respond, so he missed out on a set of the goggles
for less then 1/4 of the RRP. This is the exact sets i had... <A HREF="http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/e0/a7/9d_1.JPG">http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/e0/a7/9d_1 .JPG" width="90" height="90</A> Fully focusing with coated optics and anti-bloom protection Built-in IR illuminator for use in darkest conditions Operates up to 10 hrs. on One CR123A battery Contemporary lightweight design with rugged composite housing Hinged eyepieces for fast and easy removal. Adjustable nylon head straps. Padded case and 1-year warranty.
Image Magnification 1.15x Dimensions (MM) 150 x 125 x 170 Weight (grams) 740 Batteries 1x CR123A Field Of View 30 degrees Eye piece adjustment +/- 4 diopters Focus Range 1 meter - 120 meters Objective Lens Focal Length 58 mm Objective Lens Aperture F2.0 Eyepiece Focal Length 9.5 mm IR Illuminator Built In Warranty 1 year System Gain 15,000-17,500
So i guess all i can say is, suck it up Mr king of retarded night operations. They are all sold and i only have 2 sets left for myself.
infinityshock 2004-01-12 23:58 Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
It's "you're", Dipshit. You sure are quite the little gnat, aren't you? You religiously follow every thread I post and flame every word I say with equal conviction. Have you nothing better to do? I bet you actually enjoy my posts, but just love to flame to make yourself look "cool". You have few followers. Besides, I bet even the Infrared-hating crowd think you're an idiot.
Correction: know you're an idiot.
-Infrared I'm not siding with Phred here or anything, but he is right about that, you know. That retard seems to have no purpose in life other than downloading copious amounts of pedophile porn. Take it from someone with many years of retardation experience. Just for everyone's info, is all.
And about those NVGs...they look sorta like COMBLOC issued WWI-era Gen-0 goggles. I'd bet they are worth 'bout $50. In case you hadnt notice, this isnt ebay so quit whining...its pathetic.
|
|
#595
 2004-01-13, 01:56
|
Stryker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I don't come to this thread often (so if I seem a little late...) but... you can usually find good deals on NV Goggles. I can get a normal 800$ set for 500$ (Hawkeye NZT-22) so I don't see why anyone would bother trusting some random totse person.
I don't know why I'm posting that, I hate Infrared anyways... http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif (I really don't, like you care though)
|
|
#596
 2004-01-13, 02:09
|
Border Bandit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
NVGs are pretty pathetic unless you can get GenIII or better. Once you've driven a cadillac, that yugo you used to love seems like driving a turd.
thermal imaging is sooo much better.
Now, who's getting flamed? I love getting email threats... it's sort of like having someone tell me that their dad is going to beat me up..... hehehe
|
|
#597
 2004-01-13, 02:52
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Border Bandit:
NVGs are pretty pathetic unless you can get GenIII or better. Once you've driven a cadillac, that yugo you used to love seems like driving a turd.
thermal imaging is sooo much better.
Now, who's getting flamed? I love getting email threats... it's sort of like having someone tell me that their dad is going to beat me up..... hehehe The cheapest EFFECTIVE thermal imagery system I know of starts at around $6K. Can anyone in here afford that?
Craked 2004-01-13 15:46 Quote: quote:I don't see why anyone would bother trusting some random totse person. They were to be purchased through E-bay asshat, thats where i had a few pairs listed. 187 transactions and 1 neutral, i don't give a fuck if you don't trust me.
Quote: quote: And about those NVGs...they look sorta like COMBLOC issued WWI-era Gen-0 goggles. I'd bet they are worth 'bout $50. Really, WW1 goggles with a full 12 month warranty brand new in the box with anti bloom protection and a system gain of 17,500.
Didnt know they were offering 12 month warranty on items from WW1 you dumb fucking piece of dog shit.
|
|
#598
 2004-01-15, 02:24
|
systemofadown2k 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
One of my friends is planning a night op on some school. The op is to gain acsess into
the school, take what he need, leave not get cought/leave any sign that he was there except for the item stolen. as fast as he can.
My friend thinks there are camras hidden, and will post a picture to see if you all know if it is or not.
My friend would like some info for his first major night op.
He says the items he is gonna get adds up to about $1,000 worth of shit.
(will post pic tomorrow if i can)
|
|
#599
 2004-01-15, 21:12
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Cameras - Who the fuck cares? Just cover up your face. Those things just record, and then if
they find out that something has gone wrong, they'll watch the tapes. UNLESS, the school
happens to have thousands of pounds to pay some guy to watch the monitors all night, which, I
highly doubt. Read the first 25 pages of this thread or so. The last 10 seem to be filled with flames
or 1150fps crossbows.
|
|
#600
 2004-01-16, 01:22
|
Santa Clause 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
THis is systemofadown2k using friends account, lost my password and email is down.
well my "friend" fucked then cause He was taking pictures of the camaras with his camara to post here and see if they are real.
My "friend" also goes to this school http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
|
|
#601
 2004-01-16, 05:59
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Three words for the same answer:
Balaclava
Terrorist Mask
Ski Mask
|
|
#602
 2004-01-17, 14:03
|
pyrozarc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AGruntsJaggon:
I dont see you breaking into anyones house.
The reason we dont steal things is because we would rather be charged with B&E then B&E and Theft. Also its just against the code of the Infiltrator, whose purpose is to infiltrate and observe, not to steal and destroy. If he were stealing things, it would be called Nite-Stealing, not Nite-Ops.
That is so true. Dangermouse, even though you are my favourite cartoon character (along with captain pugwash), you are a complete nutter. And if you think your such a badass, why don't you tell us a story of you breaking into someones house and stealing loads of stuff. Oh yeah, next saturday I'm planning on my first night-op. Only problem is, I dont have very much equipment. I have like two maglite flashlights, which are quite powerfull, some binoculars, and thats about it. And Its gonna be really hard to get out of the house, because like I could climb out of the window and drop down, easily, I've done ut before. But the only problem is, theres no way to get back up, unless I climb a rope or something. But then theres nothing to tie my rope to, thats in my room! My bed has wheels and theres no legs or anything. So do you think it would be safe to tie the rope around one of the wheels? I'm only 6 stone, which is really underweight for a 15 year old, so would you say that it would support my weight?
Well thanks anyway,
-Zarc (Marc)
|
|
#603
 2004-01-18, 03:20
|
gangster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AGruntsJaggon:
I dont see you breaking into anyones house.
The reason we dont steal things is because we would rather be charged with B&E then B&E and Theft. Also its just against the code of the Infiltrator, whose purpose is to infiltrate and observe, not to steal and destroy. If he were stealing things, it would be called Nite-Stealing, not Nite-Ops. well if u get charged with b&e, u might as well get charged for stealing as well. if u steal hella shit and jus get caught once, who gives a fuck. one more thing, how the fuck are u gonna get caught. id never get caught for any fuckin thing i do. in the begining i said i didn't know what this thread was about. then i read everything underneath mine and all its all jus a big word fight. who gives a fuck. go get a fuckin hobby and stop breaking up every post and writing a piece of shit come back. like snoopy in the fuckin want a free xbox forum or whatever. it gets fuckin annoying. seriously don't u guys have better things to do?
|
|
#604
 2004-01-18, 07:45
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pyrozarc:
That is so true. Dangermouse, even though you are my favourite cartoon character (along with captain pugwash), you are a complete nutter. And if you think your such a badass, why don't you tell us a story of you breaking into someones house and stealing loads of stuff. Oh yeah, next saturday I'm planning on my first night-op. Only problem is, I dont have very much equipment. I have like two maglite flashlights, which are quite powerfull, some binoculars, and thats about it. And Its gonna be really hard to get out of the house, because like I could climb out of the window and drop down, easily, I've done ut before. But the only problem is, theres no way to get back up, unless I climb a rope or something. But then theres nothing to tie my rope to, thats in my room! My bed has wheels and theres no legs or anything. So do you think it would be safe to tie the rope around one of the wheels? I'm only 6 stone, which is really underweight for a 15 year old, so would you say that it would support my weight?
Well thanks anyway,
-Zarc (Marc) Firstly, you dont need any flashlights, they give away your position, and you will be able to see fine after a little bit, especially if you are in or near a city.
On the thing with getting back in. You could find a large peice of wood that is wider than your window frame, and that can hold your weight. Test it by puting it on two objects like rocks, and jumping on the center. Then tie the rope around it and let the board rest on the frame. On the way back, you climb up the rope which is tied to the wood which is held back by your window frame. You could also use a peice of metal etc. If you use your bed roll it all the way towards the window first, otherwise it might roll in midclimb, causing you to fall. You might want to make a rope ladder for comings and goings from your bedroom window.
|
|
#605
 2004-01-19, 09:34
|
teamhkd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jebuonag:
Maybe the only female that goes on solo night ops, but I have had a few go with me.
Anyways, I am aware that this thread has kind of gone to hell, so I will try to post some of my good "night ops" once I get the chance, like the one time a few buddies and I broke into a power plant (my favorite). The problem with this is, I am currently going through court for some criminal charges so I don't want to be too specific. It has nothing to do with night ops, but it could still get me in a lot trouble if some prick decides to rat on me. I'll have to think about it before I post.
So, who else has gone on night ops recently? i'll probably do one tonight in my neighbors yard.(has a lot junk back there) and besides fence hoping is easy.
|
|
#606
 2004-01-19, 09:39
|
teamhkd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
btw, how much would good night goggles cost
and what about the bad ones?
|
|
#607
 2004-01-19, 17:53
|
pyrozarc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I will also agree that this thread has ogne to hell. Has anyone done any ops recently. My "friend"
is doing one on saturday. Does anyone know any URL's for a site for making a good rope ladder?
AGruntsJaggon
2004-01-20 06:10
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pyrozarc:
I will also agree that this thread has ogne to hell. Has anyone done any ops recently. My "friend" is doing one on saturday. Does anyone know any URL's for a site for making a good rope ladder? I guess your previous post was deleted since it was a partial flame. You could bring a smaller flashlight just in case if you want to, but I strongly recommend against it. You would be surprised how light the moon makes the night, especially in a feild. Also street lights and city lights light up the area pretty well.
For the rope ladder, I once made one as a kid, all i did was take a long rope and fold it in half, then I tied peices of wood all the way down the rope. Make sure you have srtong knots. You could drill holes thru the wood if it is strong enough. You should also test out the ladder before you use it, see how much noise it makes, how hard it is to climb. Maybe you could do that while your parents are out?
EDIT: infinity is right about the red lens cover. Another thing you could do is cover the front with your hand, and let a little bit of light slip thru the crack between your fingers. That way you can regulate how much light leaves the flashlight and where and what shape it goes.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 01-20-2004).]
|
|
#608
 2004-01-20, 07:04
|
Methidox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You should buy a high powered tranquilizer rifle, to take out those pesky dogs
http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#609
 2004-01-20, 08:32
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
"Night-Ops" are pretty fun to me, I guess I'm just overly curious about things.
My standard gear is a pair of black side-zip enforcer boots, woodland camo BDUs, and a woodland camo boonie hat. I choose woodland because I live in a small area with plenty of trees of greenery.
Along with my clothing, I wear a pistol belt that holds a lockpicking set, leatherman tool/swiss army knife, a survival knife, and a survival kit.
You're probably wondering what the last two are for. Well, the idea is that if I chased, I can simply retreat into the outdoors and camp out if needed. That, and its actually part of my hiking gear that I'm too lazy to remove http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
Finally, I wear a small woodland A.L.I.C.E. pack incase I find some goodies.
Now, that's only if I'm staying in town. There is another small town about 5 miles from where I live that I sometimes camp outside of while I operate. I'll insert at night and do my thing then simply go back to camp, rest up, gather and procure food and water, and get ready for another raid.
I once did a solo op for an entire week under the guise that I was camping on a nearby mountain. I can tell you, it was FUN.
Instead of the usual A.L.I.C.E. pack, I instead chose my tactical assault vest and put a small bivy sack and a light, light sleeping bag in the back two pockets. The other pockets had some fishing gear, matches, and just general camping stuff.
When I got to my base site, I set up camp and emptied most of the bulk from my vest and scoped out where I'd go in at from a high cliff. After that I ate one of the 3 MREs I had brought and started
hiking into town, reaching my destination about half an hour after nightfall. From there I just went nuts!
I went around checking out trailors, RVs, houses (abandoned AND inhabited), whatever.
I started to get tired though so I went back to camp and called it a night. After waking up sometime around noon I boiled some water and caught a couple trout and ate some brunch. After concealing my camp a little better and building a lean-to over my sleeping bag, and went back to my cliff to scope out another area.
This routine went on for 4 days! Eventually though I felt like I knew all the easy areas so I was going to try for something better.
Now, there is this old museum? It's an old Chinese mining building that to be honest - is really small. But I had been there before on a school trip and seen what was in it - a pharmacy with Chinese medicines, bunk beds, mining equipment from way back when, and what really caught my eye: A huge ceremonial firecracker.
I HAD to hit it. HAD to. I wanted the firecracker, so I cut down some willow and made a rucksack using the willow, some nylon cord, and a blanket I "borrowed" a couple nights before due to cold weather. After I was all set, it was time to go!
I went in my usual second insertion area and made my way to the museum. Luckily enough, a large park was nearby. I planned on blitzing the museum and escaping via the river as fast as I could. I searched the areas for routes and passages and prepared for the blitz in a bush.
Finally I jumped out and snuck to the entry way. The clock might have already been ticking. I took my pick set and scrubbed the lock (thank you MIT), got in, and started hauling ass. I didn't see anything resembling an alarm system, but despite me being in a small town, I knew there had to be something. Behold, there was. The screens like they use at the mall were all over. Since the main target was the firecracker, I searched for it first. I looked where it was the last time I was there.... and it was gone!
Shit!
I knew I was running out of time and would only be able to unlock one screen so I opened up the pharmacy, grabbed a variety, and split. I made sure to close the screen and lock the door of course.
I ran to the river with haste. To my knowledge no one had seen me. Awesome. I went as quickly as I could without drawing attention and hauled ass back to camp. I didn't even confront authorities!
It wasn't near over those, because this was on the VERY early morning of the 6th day.
I had to make it back to my original point where my parents were going to pick me up from my "camping trip" by noon that day.
I packed everything that I could, dismantled as much of the camp as possibly, and ate my last MRE cold on the way.
Yes, it was disgusting.
Anyways, with the MREs gone I had room to put my loot in so my parents wouldn't notice. I got to my pick up point near sunrise, cobbled up a convincing shelter, and spent the remainder of my time sleeping!
MISSION SUCCESSFUL
The owners of the museum did notice what happened and the police did an investigation, but they came up with nothing of course since I took every precaution. Apparently some people saw me running along the river but couldn't identify me. I'll tell you, that was a rush! I'd do it again on any given chance.
Like I said though, I live around woodlands, and I'm proficient enough at hunting, fishing, and survival to talk in any given direction with only my survival knife and live off the land. If you attempt something like this you might want to bring more food and supplies or better yet, "borrow" your food from an "Op".
Oh, and incase you were wondering...
Yes, I reaked by the time I got home! Shower!!
|
|
#610
 2004-01-20, 08:38
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
"and survival to talk in any given direction "
That's actually supposed to say "Walk". Please excuse the other minor typos, it's getting late here :s
|
|
#611
 2004-01-20, 18:45
|
pyrozarc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Oh yeah I checked out the field last night. My parents had gone shopping so I went out into the
field and It was SO dark. I dunno why, but I decided to go right around the outside edge of the
field all the way around, instead of going straight to the way out. Just thought I'd test out my
"stealh walking" techniques, that I printed of here. Its pretty helpful actually. Well I heard my
"friend" has got some parts for his rope ladder, as well as a red lense cover. My "friend" has also
tested out a better way of leaving my garden. You know on splinter cell, the guy does the split leg
jump thing between two walls? Well one of my house walls (2 storey) is right next to a 1 storey
wall, so it would be quite easy to do the split leg wall climbing thing up there, and then drop over
the fence thing that seperates our houses. Then I can easily get into the field from there. Do you
think that taking a small lock knife would be useful? On another point, on the day my "friend" does
the night op, he could like ask to sleep in the spare room, which has a window right over the 1
storey porch. And YES he has climbed into and out of that window on numerous occasions. One
being five mins ago. My parents are going on sat, therefore it would be even easier to get out. I
just have to watch out for my lil sis though!!! Which page number(s) has a good equipment list?
-Marc
|
|
#612
 2004-01-20, 18:48
|
pyrozarc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
My parents are going out this Saturday, so I will be going out on an op. Should I take a small lock
knife. Oh yeah I have started on the rope ladder! Well, Il guess Il be going.
-Marc
|
|
#613
 2004-01-21, 01:05
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Methidox:
You should buy a high powered tranquilizer rifle, to take out those pesky dogs http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif What exactly is a 'high powered tranquilizer rifle?'
AGruntsJaggon YAY post 666!
2004-01-22 03:42
Quote: quote:Originally posted by pyrozarc:
My parents are going out this Saturday, so I will be going out on an op. Should I take a small lock knife. Oh yeah I have started on the rope ladder! Well, Il guess Il be going.
-Marc Umm...remember, splinter cell is a video game, it would be extremely painfull to do the split leg thing unless you are properly trained. What would you need a knife for? Good luck on saturday, depending on where you live you might want to dress warm, cause the East coast is cold as fuck right now.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by infinityshock:
What exactly is a 'high powered tranquilizer rifle?'
A sniper rifle with tranqs, so you can take out targets from a distance.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 01-22-2004).]
|
|
#614
 2004-01-22, 04:26
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
A "high powered" tranquilizer rifle is not only going to set you back about 500 bucks but it is big and hard to conceal and not something you would want to carry around unless you want to get shot at. Buy a tranq pistol for 100 bucks capable of delivering 1cc charges. You can buy them at ranch supply stores or web-sites. Then if you needle is too big or your gun too powerful you want to see what will happen to it? This is what idiots do with tranq guns
|
|
#615
 2004-01-22, 04:50
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dread_Lord:
A "high powered" tranquilizer rifle is not only going to set you back about 500 bucks but it is big and hard to conceal and not something you would want to carry around unless you want to get shot at. Buy a tranq pistol for 100 bucks capable of delivering 1cc charges. You can buy them at ranch supply stores or web-sites. Then if you needle is too big or your gun too powerful you want to see what will happen to it? This is what idiots do with tranq guns Thats pretty funny, and the cat still lived. It was obviously an accident. I'm not actually going to get a dart gun, its just something cool to have.
|
|
#616
 2004-01-22, 05:42
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Why do you need a tranquilizer? There are a lot of easier ways to avoid animals or quiet them down.
1. Don't freak out
That's the mistake most people make. Even if you don't scream or run or anything, the animal reads your body language and facial expression. It knows if you are afraid, and is not afraid to confront a scared criminal.
2. Give it something to eat
This, coupled with the first step will make the animal think you are friends with it. Or, if nothing else, at least it will be too busy eating to make loud noise. It really works too!
3. Call its name
If you know the dogs name or can find it out by listening in, call to it quietly and it might not see you as a big threat.
The funniest thing is, its actually easier to deal with larger animals - especially dogs. Smaller dogs like chiuahuas can be a pain in the ass, but at least they don't pose as big of a threat. Here's how you can deal with little nuisance animals:
1. Give it a good kick
You can either kill it, knock it out, or scare the crap out of it. Either way the owner will probably notice, but not until later. You could also try hurling a rock at it.
2. Tell it "No!"
Act like you are scolding it. One of my friends did this one day while we were walking down the road and the dog that was barking lowered its head and ran around the house.
3. Raise your arms and run towards it
The dog will probably get scared and run off. If it doesn't, you'll just get close enough to do Step 1 anyways so it won't matter.
4. Splash it in the face
No animal wants to get a cup of water splashed into its muzzle. Would you want that?
There is no guaranteed solution to animals since all are different, but if the above for some reason don't work then the only option is to knock it out.
For me it has never come to that. Infact most encounters with dogs or whatever start out with it barking at me, then end with me scratching their belly.
Things NOT to do:
1. Turn your back
Animals are kinda like people. They are uneasy about attacking in a non-threatening situation but when you turn your back on them, they no longer see your eyes or face. They see a back, a target, prey.
2. Make the animal "Yipe"
If the owner hears this, they'll be concerned and investigate.
3. Kill it
There's no real tactical disadvantage to this but come on guys - the animal did nothing wrong. YOU are the one prowling around remember? It's not the animal's fault.
Anyways, hope that helps anyone who's been having troubles with animals guarding property.
|
|
#617
 2004-01-22, 05:45
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Oh, one more thing. If it absolutely comes down to you having to knock down animals, you should have a stun gun on you. They're cheaper than tranquilizers and will work. Just don't assume you can walk up to the animal and shock it. Chances are it's faster than you are and will attack.
Rememer though, you are SMARTER than the dog - it's quite easy to anticipate if it is going to leap into you and maul your face.
|
|
#618
 2004-01-22, 06:32
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I wouldnt need it, I was just saying what it was because infinity didnt understand. If I had a tranq
rifle I wouldnt waste it on dogs, I'd use it for backup when inflicting revenge on my enemies
house. Or I would ring his doorbell and shoot him when he came out.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 01-22-2004).]
|
|
#619
 2004-01-22, 08:06
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Stun guns are loud and a barking/attacking dog is louder. This is night ops remember.
|
|
#620
 2004-01-22, 08:56
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Not all stun guns are loud. My dad has one that makes a slight crackle sound, but you can't hear it hardly at 10 yards.
|
|
#621
 2004-01-22, 20:31
|
johnsonswanson 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Does anyone have any experience breaking a hole wide enough to fit your arm in the little wire
reinforced glass panes sometimes found on big steel doors? This is my only way into a local
abandoned factory and I would love to get in and explore but I couldn't even get one pin on the
lock to go to the right place when I tried. Anyone? Anyone?
Edit: It is a weird lock because usually I can get atleast two to three pins within 5 minutes of working on a lock. Not a single one with this lock
[This message has been edited by johnsonswanson (edited 01-22-2004).]
|
|
#622
 2004-01-22, 21:43
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If it's abandoned, can you not just smash it up with a brick or something?
|
|
#623
 2004-01-23, 00:07
|
KHuy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just break the glass it wont shatter, then bring a pair of wire cutters
|
|
#624
 2004-01-23, 02:56
|
johnsonswanson 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well I can't really do a brick because it is a small pane of glass (8"x48" give or take) and plus the
brick would probably break too easily. I'm thinking of just bringing up a crowbar and a pair of wire
cutters like the other poster said. I'm not sure of the gauge of the wire but I'd imagine it is
cuttable.
|
|
#625
 2004-01-23, 04:56
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Take a sledge hammer to it.
Recently on the news, I heard something about a house intruder shot at night, that really spiked my curiosity, so I watched the news wondering if a totseer was shot on a night op. It turns out that some old man shot a guy stalking his female friend.
|
|
#626
 2004-01-23, 12:38
|
Shruiken 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
quote:Originally posted by KHuy:
Just break the glass it wont shatter, then bring a pair of wire cutters Cover it with duct tape and bash it with whatever, then peel the tape off and you got a nice clean entry. Just make sure the tape is firmly stuck to the glass so it doesn't fall into the building and wake up your mark... Hate when that happens.. i mean if.
|
|
#627
 2004-01-23, 22:24
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
How far out of the way is the place? You might get away with using thermite to open up a different area. If you go that route you obviously need some experience with the stuff or else you might blind yourself or burn something off.
The bad thing about thermite is that it burns really bright, making its uses limited in night ops, though you could always burn a hole during the day and come back at night. Even then, someone may have seen you or the hole and taken to watching the area.
|
|
#628
 2004-01-24, 00:01
|
evilduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Wait a minute. Stop talking about thermite and 'waking your mark'. This guy is trying to get into an
ABANDONED place.
Use something hard, break the glass, and if it's anything like I think it is, just either pound the wire till it breaks, or cut it with some wire cutters (Hell, just even pliers with the wire bit on them). Don't tape it, you won't get it out at all. The glass is all around the wire, so just keep hitting it until it starts to fall out, and just the wire is left.
|
|
#629
 2004-01-24, 01:50
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
Wait a minute. Stop talking about thermite and 'waking your mark'. This guy is trying to get into an ABANDONED place.
Just because the place is abandoned doesnt mean everything else around it is too. If the situation is right, thermite might actually be better.
Example: You have your abandoned building, and maybe the door is facing several houses or something. Now there is no houses behind the building, but there isn't a door either. In this type of scenario, you could create a hole in the side of the place using thermite (assuming the place has that metal wall siding) which is considerable more quiet than throwing a brick through the window.
Of course another option might be to take a hand drill to the front lock, that works quite nicely. I use a cheap "fiskers" set which gets the job done for me.
Finally, if the place is out in the middle of nowhere, then you can do just about anything and get in.
|
|
#630
 2004-01-24, 03:55
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If he is talking about those small windows with criss=crossing metal wires, I heard they are bullet
proof which could mean that wire cutters wont work. I dont know this for sure, its just a rumor I
heard.
|
|
#631
 2004-01-24, 04:04
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
It's true that some windows like that are BP, but for the most part, they aren't. They're just
reinforced against breakage (and would suck ass to be thrown through, if you ask me).
teamhkd
2004-01-24 07:09
im gonna go into my neighbors shed soon. it'll be easy because they dont have any lock or
anything it and its usually open anyways
|
|
#632
 2004-01-24, 07:19
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by AGruntsJaggon:
If he is talking about those small windows with criss=crossing metal wires, I heard they are bullet proof which could mean that wire cutters wont work. I dont know this for sure, its just a rumor I heard. I think some of those may be to prevent objects from flying past the broken window. At my old school a couple of kids were playing stick ball in a parking lot and sent a ball flying into one of those windows. The glass shattered, but the wires caught the ball. They looked bent when I got to see what happened so in this case wire cutters would work.
|
|
#633
 2004-01-24, 07:39
|
fire_jade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sybil:
So when he travels he takes the gun with him? I don't realy think guns are allowed on an airplane? So why don't you just ask if you can come with him? And I do think that you can tell your son that you're a CIA opperative, I mean this isn't a movie you know.
Lol You can't tell your son, what if he runs and tells all his junior high friends.
|
|
#634
 2004-01-24, 07:57
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
sup y'all.. i been checkin out totse for a long time now.. first time writin. i found this thread and i've
been tryin to catch up to y'all but im just too fuckin lazy to read 28 pages.. lol. maybe i'll catch up
one day.
I just wanted to say congrats to Infrared on startin this wicked thread. i've been wanting to get into this type of stuff (infiltration, spying.. etc.) for a long time now and this is giving me some great ideas.
I live in Canada and its winter right now.. so i most likely wont be planning any ops anytime soon. (too fuckin cold.. plus footprints in the snow..) anyways, i was wondering if anyone has some ideas as to how i could get some decent quality lock picks.(i still live with my parents so i cant get them mailed here...) also i was wondering if anyone knows of some good sites/bbs/whatever that has some quality info on picking locks, etc. or if any of you see yourselves as masters of the art please email me blue_goo_72@msn.com.
anyways. im damn tired and about to crash.
peace all.
**The Next Day**
i read some more pages on this thread and found some wicked site that explains how to pick locks/make picks etc. i also read about 32142 other posts pretty similar to mine.("how can i get picks, etc") sorry for the monotony.
Peace.
[This message has been edited by Switch72 (edited 01-25-2004).]
[This message has been edited by Switch72 (edited 01-30-2004).]
|
|
#635
 2004-01-24, 19:31
|
DeckOfCards 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
wow...you know what would be awsome? nighttime ops in the snow! sounds incredibly tricky, but wow. genius.
|
|
#636
 2004-01-26, 12:48
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok i will post a photo of my gear,i dont have a digital cam so i got these pics of the net,they are
almost identicle to mine. http://www.greattrainrobbery.com/Pic...amo_TShirt.jpg that is the tshirt i
wear.Except mine doesnt have any writing on it.
The pants i wear are as following,except i have a dark green belt. http://www.videofenky.com/features/jdon/szubon00.jpg
I wear these shoes(got them for 4.95) with a pair of sox over them http://threedragons.com/shoes/kung-fu-shoes.jpg
I have some tools maglite,screw drivers,binoculars etc.I keep them in a puch as follows http://www.tosmac.com.hk/Bags/PL811.JPG
I also wear a balck beanie on my head,will be investing in a army bucket hat soon.What do you think of my clothing?Do you think i will camoflauge in well?The suroundings will be just ur usual tree's etc.Gardens mainly http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif.
[This message has been edited by jay_dawg (edited 01-28-2004).]
[This message has been edited by jay_dawg (edited 01-28-2004).]
|
|
#637
 2004-01-26, 21:44
|
windwaker51 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The pants are nice, but the only problem is well, i can't view all the others. I also wanted to say that I've been reading this for a while now, but this is my first post, but wanted to say, GOOD JOB, it's good to see that others are interested in these type of things.
[This message has been edited by windwaker51 (edited 01-26-2004).]
|
|
#638
 2004-01-27, 05:28
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Wow, it snowed like 7 inches where I live, and I went outside last night and peed in the busiest
road there is. The pee isnt that great, its just the fact that you could stand there long enough to
pee. An this was at like ten. Today I went to a movie and was exploring a parking garage, that
place was so confusing and had so many Authorized personal only doors, but signs cant keep me
out, but some locks did. There was also a hotel, I went to the top floor where the pool was. You
needed a room card to use it though, and I found one on a chair! This summer I'm going there on
my bike.
Thats all for now, not really night ops, but some exploration stuff.
|
|
#639
 2004-01-28, 18:08
|
KHuy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i think im gonna go check out this organic peroxide lab by my house. its pretty much abandoned exept 3 gaurds that sit in a bulding with the shades closed about 200 yards away. the only weapons they have are .22 pistols and flashlights, and i dont think theyed want to go run through
like 2 feet of snow. maybe id find some interesting stuff thare i know the one part has key coded airlock doors that might be a problem i already have access to the air ducts(4ftx5ft) so it could be fun.
bump
|
|
#640
 2004-01-29, 00:53
|
Evolution of A Saint 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm planning a night op into my high school. Seems like pretty basic locks, tho some of them have magnets. Anyway to demagnetize em?
|
|
#641
 2004-01-29, 00:58
|
KHuy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Evolution of A Saint:
I'm planning a night op into my high school. Seems like pretty basic locks, tho some of them have magnets. Anyway to demagnetize em? you could buy a demagnetizer
|
|
#642
 2004-01-29, 05:49
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good advice! =�
but could you explain in better detail what you mean by locks with magnets, Evolution of A Saint?
Peace.
[This message has been edited by Switch72 (edited 01-29-2004).]
|
|
#643
 2004-01-29, 16:08
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
recently, my friend was put in a juvinile facility for something that he did not do. this got me really
pissed. so at about 1:00 am, i stole off into the night. the place was like half a mile from the fence
to the center. the fence was about ten ft tall with razor ribbon aroung the middle and around the
top. i knew that security was lax, but the cells were locked up preaty tight. there were cctv
cameras everywhere. i took a pellet gun and took out the ones that i needed to get by. after about
ten minutes into it, a securty guard came by in a golf cart. i was struck with a brillent idea, create
a diversion and take the cart. so i threw a rock into a bush, and he got out of the cart. i was very
lucky that this guy was fat, the bush was a good distence from the cart, and the cart was electric.
once i got to the center, i got to his window. i handed him a crowbar to knock out any guards, and
a set of lock picks. we met up at the fence, climed it, and got home without a scratch. ecept there
was a hitch. there were some hidden pinpoint cameras in the cells and around the windows
looking out. they ran the tape, the cops came to my house, adn took me in for questioning. i got
busted, and currently i am on house arrest, and my sencting is in a week and a half.
http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
im expecting 6 months to 4 yrs. i hope its not the latter! http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
|
|
#644
 2004-01-29, 20:05
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blackcat:
im expecting 6 months to 4 yrs. i hope its not the latter! http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif harsh man. http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
but congrats on the *almost* successful op! http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
*to all residents of Totseville* -> be sure to wear masks whenever you suspect there may even be a chance that there are cameras surveilling the area you are infiltrating http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#645
 2004-01-29, 22:50
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i was wearing a mask, but i took it off to show my friend who i was.
|
|
#646
 2004-01-30, 01:25
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i've been reading this for a few months, posted a while back but not that often and haven't realy
done much in the way of night ops. a little advice to anyone that is thinking of starting doing these
things is start realy small and work your way up. have a couple of beers(for courage) and go into
an empty lot. boring? yes. but you are now somewhere you are not supposed to be and you get a
slight feeling of danger. now find a construction site. make sure no one can see you and climb
into the building. this could be dangerous but likely not if you pay attention. later enter the back
yard of a building after making sure they dont have a dog, security lights etc. you are now in a
location that you could be busted for being in.... yay! only after you have progressed this far
should you start doing the crazy shit like entering buildings. remember, you learn to crawl befor
you try to walk...
|
|
#647
 2004-01-30, 03:40
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by blackcat:
recently, my friend was put in a juvinile facility for something that he did not do. this got me really pissed. so at about 1:00 am, i stole off into the night. the place was like half a mile from the fence to the center. the fence was about ten ft tall with razor ribbon aroung the middle and around the top. i knew that security was lax, but the cells were locked up preaty tight. there were cctv cameras everywhere. i took a pellet gun and took out the ones that i needed to get by. after about ten minutes into it, a securty guard came by in a golf cart. i was struck with a brillent idea, create a diversion and take the cart. so i threw a rock into a bush, and he got out of the cart. i was very lucky that this guy was fat, the bush was a good distence from the cart, and the cart was electric. once i got to the center, i got to his window. i handed him a crowbar to knock out any guards, and a set of lock picks. we met up at the fence, climed it, and got home without a scratch. ecept there was a hitch. there were some hidden pinpoint cameras in the cells and around the windows looking out. they ran the tape, the cops came to my house, adn took me in for questioning. i got busted, and currently i am on house arrest, and my sencting is in a week and a half. http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
im expecting 6 months to 4 yrs. i hope its not the latter! http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif Sure you did. What newspaper has proof of this? Submit evidence or something.
|
|
#648
 2004-01-30, 03:48
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Not all crimes like that are shown in newspapers. Around here where I live hardly any of the shootouts are in the paper, and you can forget about half of the robberies.
|
|
#649
 2004-01-30, 05:03
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Apparently they are not allowed to put camera in the prision cells,its an invasion of privacy or something.And i doubt all that would b keeping them in was a barbwire fence and a few bars.Doesnt he have a window on his cell?And how did they know who you were?
Your friend would be very stupid 4 braking out,it is only going to get him more time for something he "didnt do".He woul dbe better off tyring to prove his innocense or someshit.
for soemthing this extreme man your guna have to give us some proof
Switch72
2004-01-30 06:19
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blackcat:
i was wearing a mask, but i took it off to show my friend who i was. LMFAO you stupid fuck.
When i read your original post, I believed you at first, but now that I've thought about it, im not so sure why I did believe u.
Anybody who could plan/excecute such an advanced infiltration op would not be so fucking stupid as to remove their mask while on the op.
Quote: quote:..but i took it off to show my friend who i was. Is your friend deaf?? Could he not recognize your voice??
Now, the pellet gun. Believe it or not, pellet guns are relatively loud. Especially in the still of the night with no background noises. There is always at least a handful of guards present at juvenile centers, whether they are patrolling the grounds, or simply watching via cameras. You said you shot out several cameras with your pellet gun. This is very hard to believe.
First of all, the shots would have most likely been heard by patrolling guards and an alarm would have been sounded. Secondly, if you did shoot out several cameras, the guards watching the screens would have noticed and sounded an alarm.
Quote: quote:..a securty guard came by in a golf cart. i was struck with a brillent idea, create a diversion and take the cart. First of all, I highly doubt that guards at a juvenile center would be patrolling the grounds in a golf cart at 1:00am. Secondly, if you did manage to steal away on the "golf cart", the guard would have obviously noticed and sounded an alarm.
Also, as jay_dawg pointed out, they probably aren't allowed to have cameras in cells, and as he also said, how would they know who you are?
Now, unless you have explanations to all of this, we know you are a lying sack of shit.
Grow up, get a life, and quit annoying us.
Peace.
|
|
#650
 2004-01-30, 08:17
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
In regards to Infrareds recent OD, I think the people of night-ops should do something for him for
when he gets back. Any ideas?
|
|
#651
 2004-01-30, 09:20
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sure thing. I'll do a Night-Op at his place and steal any drugs I can find and dispose of them http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
Regarding pellet guns, I've found that the metal constructed "level pump" style single shots are pretty quiet,...
EDIT: The sound is like a air hose being taken off of an air tool, but less noisy.
...and when modified properly make an EXCELLENT Night-Op tool. You get the power and accuracy of a pellet rifle, the concealment of a pistol, and quietness. This is all at the cost of firing rate but let's face it - you aren't exactly going to be fending off a pack of anything with a pellet gun anyhow lol.
I might have to do a tutorial on how I did mine and what all you can do. Pretty varied.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 01-30-2004).]
|
|
#652
 2004-01-30, 09:20
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by AGruntsJaggon:
In regards to Infrareds recent OD, I think the people of night-ops should do something for him for when he gets back. Any ideas? Agreed.
That freaked me out when I first heard. Its a good thing hes a smart kid and kept the Naloxone nearby.
We should definately do something to welcome him back, the only question is.. what?
Wish I could think of something, but I'm just too fucking tired. Perhaps I'll think of something tomorrow. Anyone with a functional brain have some ideas? If so, please post them.
[telekenesis]Hope you're doin okay, Infrared.. come back soon[/telekenesis]
Hey.. it was worth a shot.:P
Peace.
|
|
#653
 2004-01-30, 09:28
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Psychlonic:
Regarding pellet guns, I've found that the metal constructed "level pump" style single shots are pretty quiet, and when modified properly make an EXCELLENT Night-Op tool. You get the power and accuracy of a pellet rifle, the concealment of a pistol, and quietness. This is all at the cost of firing rate but let's face it - you aren't exactly going to be fending off a pack of anything with a pellet gun anyhow lol.
I might have to do a tutorial on how I did mine and what all you can do. Pretty varied. Sounds interesting.
Could you explain how you modified the gun? I'd like to try this myself if I have the tools (etc.) needed.
By "level pump" do you mean pump action rather than CO2 powered?
This intrigues me, though a little more detail would be appreciated.
Peace.
|
|
#654
 2004-01-30, 09:47
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The model I used is a "Power Master 760" from Crosman Arms. I have a newer one made out of plastic so I'm assuming all the new ones are constructed the same. The plastic ones, while lighter, are much louder.
When I said "level" what I meant was "lever". The old cocking mechanism as opposed to CO2. They fire BBs a lot faster than most CO2 guns will.
Anyways, you can cut the stock and barrel off at certain points which wont hamper accuracy to a noticable degree. The lever makes a great monopod as well. Also, the cut stock will create a pocket as well as make easier access to the pocket where the bolt resides which connects the stock to the reciever. I'd need a picture to show you, I'll look for something on the net.
These also come with a scope rail which is better fixed with a laser and/or flashlight. Personally I fixed the laser where the barrel meets the air "tank", and put a mini-mag-light on the scope rail.
What also makes them so cool is that you can fire ANYTHING that will fix in the barrel, provided it isnt too long or heavy. Unconventional ammo I've had success with are roller bearings, #4 shot, tasseled dart (unknown brand, yard sale special), bunched up sewing needles (homebrew fletchette), and even a few rocks. Anyhow, I'll search for a picture sop you can get an idea.
|
|
#655
 2004-01-30, 09:54
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well, that was certainly easy to find!
http://airgunsbbguns.com/crosman-cro...ter-764sb.html
Basically you'd want to turn the stock into a pistol grip, then cut the barrel off where the air-tank part ends. My rifle didn't have that particular type of open-sight had the metal reciever. Don't worry losing that sight, as the rear one is really all you will need. It might seem like a boring gun, but you'd be surprised what all you can change around on it.
EDIT - Take your hands and put them on screen to "cut off" the stock and second half of the barrel to get an idea. Replace the scope shown with a mini-mag and you basically know what mine looks like, except I used some electric tape on the grip and lever pump to darken the entire thing.
EDIT 2 - The main virtue of this is actually the price. The new plastic kind can be had for dirt cheap at any outlet store like Walmart, and the old metal kind can be gotten for even less at yard sales.
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 01-30-2004).]
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 01-30-2004).]
|
|
#656
 2004-01-30, 21:45
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Genius. Pure genius. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
You said the plastic models are considerably louder than the metal ones. Do you have a metal one and a plastic one, or did you learn this on the net, or from friends..? I'm just curious becuase I'd want to be sure I'm getting the most silent model possible before I attempt this.
What's most impressive about this is the fact that you can load the gun with different types of ammo. You said you fired a dart with the gun. What sort of dart was this?
Keep up the good work.
Peace.
AGruntsJaggon
2004-01-31 04:59
What about a $20 spring loaded single shot pistol? How loud is it?
|
|
#657
 2004-01-31, 10:31
|
Alutrius Xavier 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
good god is this thread still going
this was started when i joined like about 8 months ago
|
|
#658
 2004-02-01, 10:40
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Switch72:
Genius. Pure genius. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
You said the plastic models are considerably louder than the metal ones. Do you have a metal one and a plastic one, or did you learn this on the net, or from friends..? I'm just curious becuase I'd want to be sure I'm getting the most silent model possible before I attempt this.
What's most impressive about this is the fact that you can load the gun with different types of ammo. You said you fired a dart with the gun. What sort of dart was this?
Keep up the good work.
Peace. Yes, I own both the newer plastic model and the older metal model, and have played around with both a lot. I highly recommend the metal kind. I'm guessing it was made in the 80s but I have no clue, so you may have to look around (EBay perhaps).
The dart is just your standard pellet gun type.
http://www.airgundepot.com/craiblfa1spr.html
If you look on the box you can see them shown with the colored tassels. Sorry, I couldn't find a picture with them seperate. They are longer than pellets and seem to penetrate better.
Here are some tested "non-traditional" munitions:
Flechette
First you need to load a BB. Then put in a load of sewing needles (nonmagnetic is best) in a bundle the same circumference as the barrel. The BB is so the air doesn't just go around the needles and escape.
Uses: Limited. Needles will go right through small animals if you are close enough (tested on blackbird), and will probably get a dog out of your face.
Scatter Shot
You'll need to open up a shotshell and harvest the shot. You may or may not need the BB behind it, depending on the size and amount put in.
Uses: Limited. I've yet to find a combo that will cause damage to anything. Could be useful for scaring off animals or making a distraction. Will probably bust a standard lightbulb as well.
Bearings
Ball or roller, either work. Roller bearings pack quite a bit of punch if you can find the right size.
Uses: Killing small animals, breaking windows/lights from farther away, damaging objects. Also is good enough to break(or at least damage sufficiently) even the thickest camera lens, as well as those "BB gun proof" outside lights if close enough.
Nails
If you can find those nails with a really small head and that fits well inside your gun, you essentially have a nailgun. Not very useful at distances since the nail tends to flip end over end.
Uses: Expedient repairs, breaking windows in immediate range, taking out lights from medium range.
^^^ Those ones I've tested and know will work. There are a few more I've been meaning to try out though...
Cayanne Pepper
You could pour it in by itself I imagine, but it was clutter up the barrel eventually. Maybe make a custom wad to put in that will push it out. Using the wad you might be able to premake loads so you don't have to take time loading during an op.
Uses: Irritation. Aim for the face. Cayanne pepper also damages a dog's sense of smell for a while, useful for evasion if the shot is well placed.
Flechette 2
Instead of sewing needles, flatten out a bunch of barbed fishing hooks and use them instead. That way they stay in the target. Leaves evidence of course, so shouldn't be used where you need to leave no traces.
Uses: Same as the original
Harpoon
You guys might see this as funny, but I've always wanted to take some fishing line and tie it to a fishing hook to make a sort of harpoon.
Uses: Fetching small, light objects like paper, dollar bills, etc that are out of normal reach or are out in the open.
There are more, but for sake of not spending the rest of tonight typing I'll call it quits.
|
|
#659
 2004-02-03, 19:07
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
As I said before, genius. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
This is definately something I will be investing in soon. Thanks for the picture of the darts, but it's very hard to see them. Could you try to find a better picture or maybe just explain them to me? They looked rather small in the picture, how long are they? Are they sharp? (eg. sharp enough to penetrate skin?)theoretically speaking of course http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
Also you said you mounted a laser to the sight. I was wondering how accurate that is?
I think that harpoon idea would work great, if you got a light enough tether. Fishing line would probably work. Let me know if you try that out.
As for this thread, less and less people seem to be posting on it.. http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif Let's keep it going Totesanians! er.. Totsevillians.. Totsers? heh. Anyways..
Does anyone here know Infrared's email? He's the one who started this thread, and he hasn't posted forever. I know he was in the hospital on account of an OD, but I also know he returned a few days ago. Anyways, if anyone know how to get in contact with him, let him know nighttime ops ain't the same without him. http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
Aite, well I should be getting back to class pretty soon.. http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif
Peace.
|
|
#660
 2004-02-08, 02:57
|
teamhkd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
ive done a so called "night op" in this guys backyard in this field once. there were mobile homes
parked under this roof so i went over there as queitly as i could and this GOD DAMN MOTHER
FUCKIN alarm sounded. it scared the fuckin shit out of me. it scared me so much that i just took
off running without thinking at all. its like instinct took over me. damn alarm...
|
|
#661
 2004-02-08, 06:44
|
Mission 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thats the beauty of it. Instinct takes over, its fun as hell. When ever swim gets chased I am just
like this hardcore animal/ninja hybrid. The adrenilane rush changes me, its totally awesome.
|
|
#662
 2004-02-08, 12:22
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Switch72:
This is definately something I will be investing in soon. Thanks for the picture of the darts, but it's very hard to see them. Could you try to find a better picture or maybe just explain them to me? They looked rather small in the picture, how long are they? Are they sharp? (eg. sharp enough to penetrate skin?)theoretically speaking of course http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
Also you said you mounted a laser to the sight. I was wondering how accurate that is?
Peace. I tried looking for a better picture again but failed so I'll attempt to explain as best I can.
The whole dart is 1" overall. In the front it has a sharp cone that is about 3/8" long. Behind that is that main body which is about 1/4" long and is the diameter of the .177 bore. The rest of the dart is some sort of filament tassel. The actual dart is made of steel I believe.
The dart can penetrate a 2x4 up to the main body of the dart, so I imagine it would go into flesh at least as far.
You also might want to check here:
http://www.beemans.net/airgun_projectiles.htm
It has the mainstream airgun ammunition.
As for the laser, it sits to the left of the barrel, meaning the line from the bore to the target is to the right of the laser about 1/4". That said, you would want to place the laser just slightly to the left of the spot you want your projectile to hit.
It is actually just a cheap laser pointer placed so that I can press the button comfortably while holding the pump in the front. Works good. You could also add on one of those nifty tips to it and have it project a cross, straight line, or whatever. Me, I just stick with the plain dot.
I might have to grab some pictures and try to modify them in MS Paint so I can show you what exactly mine looks like and where everything goes http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 02-08-2004).]
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 02-08-2004).]
|
|
#663
 2004-02-08, 19:47
|
parsleyblazer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i like the idea lot, i do it myslef now and then, but heres what i dont understand, how come when i post a topic that involves this sort of infiltration, along with mild looting/vandalism (for much deserved revenge purposes, not just to be reckless and dumb) people do nothing but flame me and tell me to die rather than give me ideas, WTF?? anyways, good luck with your night ops, makes me wanna do the same thing, as a matter of fact SWIM is going to tonight
|
|
#664
 2004-02-09, 05:58
|
SerpentMage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by blackcat:
recently, my friend was put in a juvinile facility for something that he did not do. this got me really pissed. so at about 1:00 am, i stole off into the night. the place was like half a mile from the fence to the center. the fence was about ten ft tall with razor ribbon aroung the middle and around the top. i knew that security was lax, but the cells were locked up preaty tight. there were cctv cameras everywhere. i took a pellet gun and took out the ones that i needed to get by. once i got to the center, i got to his window. i handed him a crowbar to knock out any guards, and a set of lock picks. we met up at the fence, climed it, and got home without a scratch.
im expecting 6 months to 4 yrs. i hope its not the latter! http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif Dude. All I'll say is, MAJOR fuckin Kudos brother. We need more people like you in the field. I hope your friend appreciates your work. Serve your time and get back to the streets.
|
|
#665
 2004-02-11, 20:05
|
Distromnia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
February 7th, 04.
Succesful op, despite MAJOR difficulty! Saturday night, I left home clad in my nighttime gear, and headed to the almost-done-building across the street from my home (It's actually just a big house. ) After exploring the place, which I had done a few times before, I was deciding on a new destination, when my dog started barking at me from the front yard. I looked around for some cover, then hopped into the brush under this big ass tree. Then the dog came within 5 feet of me, and (thanks to the hell of a lot of cologne, and the fact my dog is old and probably doesn't work as well as he used to) he walked right by! He went back to my front porch, then, I snuck out of the brush (which took me about 45 minutes silently) then made my way to this REALLY big ass house down the road from me. They have a HUGE yard with little cover, and on either side is a barbed wire fence with trees lined next to it. I kept low under the trees, and made my way to the house via the right side of their lawn. There was a new-looking barn, surrounded by various old cars, trailers, and a boat on the right side of the back yard, and on the left side was an inground pool, a pool house, and plenty of metal railing to keep it blocked off from dogs. The backyard stretched from right against the house, to about fifteen feet, but it was really long, and ran more
than the length of the house. The living room, which was surrounded by glass, was RIGHT NEXT to the edge of the pool. Then, I heard my DOG barking in front of their house! Then THEIR dog, who happened to be sleeping on the left side of the house in the flower bed started barking from that side of the house at MY dog. I heard the people in the living room talking, then some guy that looked about 17 slid open the glass door and started walking into the backyard. There were no lights around the pool, so I did the only thing I could do: I dipped my feet in first, then grabbed the side of the pool, and pushed myself under water slowly, and silently. There was a peice of concrete with a hole in it where the filter was at, and I hung onto that to keep myself under water. It was FREEZING cold, as the temperature that night was around fourty, but I stayed there for God knows how long. I never looked back to see the guy step outside, but when I got out of the pool, nobody was in the living room. Strange. So I climbed out, and exited the yard the same way I came in-and on my way out, who should approach me but my DOG, who had been running around on their front porch! But, I still didn't get caught, and I still got to explore the yard. ^_^ Luckily, I was on a solo mission, and didn't carry my two-way. Then it would have been fried.
So, don't be like me-LOCK YOUR DOGS UP. lol!
|
|
#666
 2004-02-13, 05:16
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Very nice. Welcome back to nighttime ops, Infrared. I read about your OD and such.. I don't know if you read my post or not. Anyways, why'd you wait so long after coming back to post on nighttime ops? We gotta keep this shit going. lol.
As for Psychlonic, all I can say is 'wicked'.
'Wicked.'
I'm going to buy one of those guns as soon as I can find some cash.. maybe it's time for me to get a job.
There haven't been many posts with successful op stories lately, c'mon people.
Peace.
[This message has been edited by Switch72 (edited 02-13-2004).]
|
|
#667
 2004-02-13, 08:31
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I need to get around to planning one; maybe a big-ass, risky one before I leave to Illinois to stay.
|
|
#668
 2004-02-13, 08:57
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
WIll do an op tonight iof the weather clears up...
post about it tommorow
|
|
#669
 2004-02-14, 18:02
|
pce pennylane 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I did my first night time op it went as follows 10:30 pm leave home in all black clothing with co2 powerd pistol and paintball gun 10:45 arrive a destination (school)
I broke a window with my pistol and shot paintballs all over the place.
Cops show up
I run like hell
sure it isnt very "steathy" but it worked
|
|
#670
 2004-02-15, 00:09
|
Distromnia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Lol, I remember my first school op... Me and an accomplice rode our bikes through the ditches to get there, then ditched them in the woods near the Junior High. We didn't bring any guns, just a prybar, and knife. I slashed the tires on the buses, then made my way to the power box near the kitchen exit. I pryed the lock off, which was attached to a flimsy breakable peice of metal, then proceded to remove the metal cover. And my accomplice got the bright idea to open the kitchen's back door. He set off an alarm, and I stuffed all our evidence-pry bar, power box lid, and everything, into my backpack, then haulled ass, trying to avoid two flashlight beams that kept coming close (The police department is actually RIGHT NEXT to the Junior high, so they go there pretty fast.) One of the cops saw us just as we were getting on our bikes, and he chased us, but we kept riding. On the trip home, we heard a car coming, but didn't see it, as it was a wooded road, and pitch black out (we waited until a new moon, due to the risk.) We decided to stop in the ditch, and get low, when the noise got close enough, we could make out that a car was right there. I'm almost positive it was the cop looking for us with his lights off, like they do on prowler calls, but who knows for sure? We still got home safely, and no arrests were made. ^_^
Oh, this story isn't true, I made it up.
|
|
#671
 2004-02-15, 02:09
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
w00t!!! I got caught doing a mad dope crazy fly night-op a few nights ago, I'll tell da story:
It was 9:30PM. I was painting some models, and i needed a bottle of paint. I was wearing my black cotton pants and a t-shirt. I went to the garage and got my bike to go to my mates house to get the paint. I put on my black jacket and rode to his house. His house is on a large, downhill block of land, with A LOT of trees and bush, and barely any lights. I rode down the hill of a driveway and got the paint. I was walking ack up the hill/drive-way, when i saw his neighbour's house. The only light on was a floodlight at the pool, and a lot of people swimming and partying. The perfect opportunity.
I snuck through the bush, and approached their ghetto 1m steel fence. I snuck all around so i was behind their little shed and out of sight from the pool. I jumped the fence and crouched. I crept around the shed and looked at the pool. They were having a blast, and so was I. I checked the shed, the door was unlocked. the door was a steel sliding door. I slowly slid it, and it made no noise, luckily. I stepped inside the shed, and i couldn't see anything. I waited about 20 seconds for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I saw a torch on the bench in the corner. I grabbed it and placed it under my shirt. I unzipped my jacket and turned the torch on. The torch being under my white shirt dimmed the light a lot, in case anyone saw inside the shed. I saw a lot of tools, and a pushbike. I have a bike and all those tools from work, so I didn't take anything.
I put the torch back where it was before, and go out. I closed the door, and noticed that i could go
around the house to get to the front around the side. I checked the pool, and there were even more people there than before. I snuck around to the front of the house, and on the way i didn't see any room lights on through the windows, except one. I hopped onto the ghetto 1m fence to get higher to get a look. It was a dinner room, and it was empty. I continued and got to the front. The front door was open, and the lights in the hallway were on. I hopped onto the porch from the side, and looked through the window. It was empty. I walked to the front door and looked in, emplt also. I tip-toed into the house, the walls were white and about 2 steps into the house the living room was on the right. I kept walking, and there was a stariway in the left, and another door on the right. I slowly opened it slightly and looked through, it was a closet. I kept tip-toeing down the hall, and there were 2 doors, one on the left and one on the right, opposite each other. I checked the left door. It was a computer room inside. I checked the right, it was a neat clean dinner room, complete with a glass table and big wooden chairs. A door was on the left of that room, but i didn't go inside. I kept going through the hall, and the wall turned left, and led to the kitchen. The pool was right outside, infront of the pool. I didn't go further anymore, I didn't want to get caught.
I turned and headed back. I had never went into a house for a night-op before. My adrenaline was rushing like mad, i could hear my heart beating like mad, and i was sweating like a pig. I decided to go all the way and headed back and went up the staircase.
I got up there, and there was a T. I could go left, or right. I went left, and there were 5 doors. 2 on the left, 2 on the right and one straight. The 1st on the left was a bathroom, with a spa and shower. the 1st right was a bedroom, a queen size bed with rose red sheets, and a little table and cubboards. I proceeded forwards. The 2nd left door was a little storage room, with a lot of boxes, toys scattered on the floor and bedsheets stacked in one corner. 2nd right door was another room, obviously a boys room. Car and FHM and RALPH posters plastered the wall, the walls painted blue. Bedsheets were blue also, a small TV with a PS2 and 2 controllers and some games. I left htat room, and then my heart stopped.
I was confronted my an old man in the hall.
He said to me, "What are you doing in Matt's room? I'm going to call the police"
I replied, "uh...I was looking for Matt, where is he? I need to get my controller back"
Old man replied, "He's in the pool, didn't you see him?
I said, "No, i came in thought the front door.
He said "Oh ok, but you shouldn't enter a house without permission, you scared me"
I said, "Thank you", and went down the steps.
I walked down the steps, and turned right to get out of that house ASAP. As soon as I was out of the house, I bolted to my mates house, and got on my bike and puched it up the hill and rode home like mad. The adrenaline was still going crazy, and my hands were shaking.
I hope my night-op was as entertaining for you to read as it was for me to operate. Thanks for taking the time to read it.
|
|
#672
 2004-02-16, 22:58
|
Distromnia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Lol! Damn! The old man saw you! That was a nice save, brother. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
|
|
#673
 2004-02-17, 00:10
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Distromnia:
Lol! Damn! The old man saw you! That was a nice save, brother. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif Thanks. Remember, always have an excuse if you get caught. Mine is, if caught in the back or front yard, "I threw my tennis ball somewhere here, did you see it?". If caught inside a house, ask for someone and ask for something. "Is Bazza here, I need my XBox controller?"
|
|
#674
 2004-02-17, 01:24
|
Distromnia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thanks for the advice. I hope I'm never caught, but the excuses can't exactly work for me-what with a ski mask and camo fanny pack on... I'll think of something. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#675
 2004-02-17, 12:14
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok here goes:
Exited the house @ 1:30am.(peoples deepest sleep between 1:30 and 3.)
Went around the street checked some cars,most open but nothing caluable.
Went to some sheds and racked a shitload of peoples spray paint(for peicing.Found a hole jar of 5c coins...
Went for some backyards.I was going down the side of 2 peoples houses. I had my hands pressed against the wall and my feet pressed against the other neighbours wall,i couldnt no stand on the groound because of leaves and shit like that.
Got around the back,there was a dog there,stupid thing didnt even get up.
We raided there shed not much,so we carried on and did a few more back yards.
We were sitting on somebody's pagola just havin a brake when we look under us and this big fuckin doberman is cruisin roun,it barked and set of a whole fuckin chain reaction of barks from all the dogs around.It like rana round and went all fuckin weird,grunting and shit.We watched it for a while and stayed dead still. It didnt do much. We were getting eaten alive by mozzy's tho(next time i will be taking insect repellent)
Any way we did a few backyards,nothing special....stole a few beers....not much....gone for about 3hrs.
I will go into more detail when i do a more exciting mission
|
|
#676
 2004-02-18, 01:15
|
Mr47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is a long topic I just read the last 30 pages so that shows how interested I am in night ops.
I took this really stupid friend with me. My plan was to sneak through the school to the main Computer room and hack into the computer and get a map of the school, copy it and get out, with out a trace I was ever there. Nothing that complex this time.
BUT my friend screwed it up he is an asshole I managed to get past 2 cameras and over 2 2.4 meter fences and cause of him I may have got my face on one of the cameras, as I was not wearing a mask at the time. So we are right in the middle of the school grounds If the police came there is no way we could get out in time as it took him like 1.5 mins to clime over the fences.
So I see a door and it has a pretty normal pin tumbler on it so I try to pick it but my hands were so cold I couldn't so my friend who is shouting across the yard place comes over and rips the door handle off and smashes the glass (making lots of noise) with it then just pushes the door open
with out even looking for any security like pir's ect and just walks in. (so much for the leaving no sine of being there)
Wopydoo he just broke into canteen how exiteing so he gets some coke a cola and pores it every were and smashes all the tables ect(I tryed to stop him but he wouldn't listen) he stole some stuff to, so since there wasn't much I could do I took 2 boxes of latex inspection gloves there was 20 boxes or so. Then he expects me to carry all the stuff he stole because I am fitter than him.
He is not my friend any more I did tell him it was supposed to be about stealth o yea he kept swearing a lot to and made lots of noise when he "sneaks" and just walks past cameras to.
So now I fell guilty for the school being trashed and it was my fault because I brought him there. And the school doesn't seam like it has that much money that they could afford to fix the mess.
And because there was a breaking the school would most likely check the cameras and would see my face.
I am woired about what will happen would the police be rang but even if they know what I look like what can they do they don't know were I live, unless they put it in the paper "do you know who these people are"
But other than that this was the Worst night opt I have EVER been on, next time I will go solo unless I know the person is a professional like Infrared and some other members on this topic or at least some experience.
I got lots of pictures if you want proof.
Disclaimer:- this may or may not have happened and may be solely fictional the author takes no responsibility due to misleading disclaimers or misread text.
[This message has been edited by Mr47 (edited 02-18-2004).]
|
|
#677
 2004-02-18, 07:51
|
Mr47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
then i had to wake up at 7:00 to go get stuff that was stashed in a field and it was freezin so i got little sleep cause i went to bed at 1:00
ps that idit my firend aslo took a shit and smered it round every were so it stinks to he is such an asshole.
|
|
#678
 2004-02-18, 22:59
|
gr4381582 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I need some help. First of all, about a year ago this jackass kid across the street from my house stole my pellet gun from out of my garage. It wasn't a very good one, but still. I know this kid has forgotten about it. First of all, I know his parents and they wouldn't let him shoot it inside, I haven't seen him use it for a very long time, he's one of those kids that thinks something's cool for about a week and then doesn't do anything with it, and I don't think that his parents would even let him have the gun in the first place. I believe that he hid it somewhere in his basement because about 2 years ago, I was nice to him and he showed me all around his house, including a box thing (in his basement) where he hid shit. Anyway, today I learned that in about a week, that kid and his entire family will be going to Montana for a skiing trip. The house has a long driveway that curves into some woods, so from the street and his neighbor's house, you wouldn't be able to see anyone. His dad is a mechanic and they have a huge garage attached to the house. Now here's where I need held. I want that gun back. I've been sneaking (stealthily) around the neighbor hood at night. The garage has a small window that I can probably fit through so I was thinking that I could just sneak into their garage when the door is open, unlock the window, and wait for them to leave. However, I'm not sure if they lock the door from the garage to the house. I don't have access to lock picks other than a normal alien wrench and a screwdriver. Best case, there would
be no sings of infiltration. Oh yeah, I'm positive that they don't have a security system. Please help by giving tips and such. Also, how should I get in if the door is locked? Thx.
|
|
#679
 2004-02-19, 04:51
|
MTML 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Er... Lockpick? DUH! http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html
There's your lockpicking guide. You better bone up fast or you'll get there and do nothing ha ha.
|
|
#680
 2004-02-19, 04:52
|
havocreaker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well, do you know if the window will open? Can you reach it and get through it? I wouldn't suggest waiting inside the house, I would unlock the window and then go through it from the outside later on. Also, when you go on your mission to get your gun back, make sure they are actually gone, check to make sure their cars aren't there or anything, and check for activity inside the house. Remember, some people leave some lights on inside their houses when on trips to scare off burglars.
|
|
#681
 2004-02-20, 02:12
|
Distromnia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I did an op last night... Went to the ag shop at my high school... There was nothing there. I went in, looked around, and left. I go there everyday, so yeah... It was a stupid op. BUT STILL. It's a good idea to bring some DUCT TAPE on ops with you! Some doors will lock after you close themCOVER THEM WITH DUCT TAPE so that it won't go into the slot in the wall, thereby not allowing the door to lock. Eh... I have no idea what any of those parts of the lock are called, so if you can understand basically what I mean, you'll understand how important this is. You should consider it. http://www.totse.com/bbs/biggrin.gif
|
|
#682
 2004-02-21, 00:04
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hi this is my first proper op and i'm *not* going to do it at night. there is an old peoples home which is quite insecure- the only security is nurses who regularly patrol the corridors. the staffroom were they hang out get coffee etc. is right next to the door and the door has some kind of beeper on it so when you open it the beeper sounds in the staff room. what im going to do is either infiltrate through the back door and leave through the front or the other way round. does anyone have any ideas to bypass the security on the front door?
also there is a construction yard nearby which i might explore.
|
|
#683
 2004-02-21, 20:27
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ugh, I've been sick for awhile with bronchitis, its annoying, but now I'm back.
For that old persons home, I think the beeper things are magnetic, its a little white box, one on the door and one on the frame, when the get too far away from each it beeps. You could experiment somehow maybe holding a magnet to it, see what that does, or if you open the door a tiny bit and hold a magnet up to the frame box it wont beep, I dont know for sure. Or they may have the laser system, where you walk thru it and it beeps. I dont know any of this for sure, they are just ideas.
|
|
#684
 2004-02-21, 20:27
|
Cyber_Pirate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey, I've been hanging around totse for awhile just reading and finally decided to register...Infrared, I think you were really my inspiration to start my own night time ops....I havent had any really big ones, just recons through town keep up the good work guys!
[This message has been edited by Cyber_Pirate (edited 02-21-2004).]
|
|
#685
 2004-02-21, 20:43
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yeah thanks for the advice also , what do you think would be funner- a timber yard or physio center? (big mansion thing)
Cyber_Pirate 2004-02-21 22:19 Does anyone know any good sites to buy combat boots and black clothing? I checked out www.masupply.com but that was a lil cheesy on the clothes, maybe lock picks but not clothing...any good siteS?
|
|
#686
 2004-02-23, 07:59
|
-=NarcotiX=- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
jesus fucking christ! i just spent 3 hours reading this entire thread. alot of nice shit here too bad i had to weed through all the fucking pointless bullshit kindergarten arguements. but yea i do a shitload of night ops, it would be nice to start a new thread devoted to night ops without all the fucking crybabys
|
|
#687
 2004-02-23, 09:38
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ale0427:
this thread needs to be closeds
Get out of my thread, you fuckwit.
And Cyber: Boots and other good shit can be bought from www.actiongear.com , www.magnumboot.com or Danner Tactical (Not sure of the URL, but Google it and it'll come up)
|
|
#688
 2004-02-23, 16:46
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I just went to the local military base (Fort Drum) and now you can read my entire list of great night
ops stuff.
Winter Weight (thick n warm) camo pants
Summer weight (rippstop) camo pants
Winter Weight camo shirt
4 blousers for my pants if I need them
Military nylon belt
Special Ops belt for hanging stuff off of, goes over pants not under
multi-tool
theres other stuff but this is my newest additions to my collection. Soon as the snow melts the night ops will begin!
|
|
#689
 2004-02-23, 17:03
|
Heiko Palm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Goddamn this is a long thread. Infra, get into the electronic side of infiltration and you will truly be "Dangerous!" Get some back issues of the magazines "Thud" and "Blacklisted 911". Good articles on DTMF Decoding and Tempest. Uh oh, there's a kn ock on the door! Just kidding folks!
|
|
#690
 2004-02-23, 17:31
|
Punkman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i too have done nighttime ops. Me and my most trusted best friend always go out. i guess we are
adrenaline junkies. We usually goto this Military base just near us an travel the perimeter... we
found a claymore about150 or s yards in i think it was un-active but who knows. anyways in the urban part we sometimes go into garages or backyards but like you NEVER take anything. It really just for the thrill and yah. We have some wickd equptment(due to both our dads being exmilitary, mine a sniper his an artillery guy) so we got two pairs night vis. two sets of camo's and these military boots. can't remember what they are but yeah. g2g ttyl and what not...oh and by the way.......never get caught if u do you shouldn't be doing this.
|
|
#691
 2004-02-24, 01:24
|
Cyber_Pirate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Snows melting and its starting to warm up here, I'm plannin a night op for this weekend. I guess I'm just gonna roam the town b/c we aint got ne big places to go to. Maybe pick a few shed locks. Never take nething but the rush is amazing! Well, I gotta get to planning that op!
-cYbEr PiRaTe
|
|
#692
 2004-02-25, 22:08
|
Lupin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hi, jsut thought id make a post on this topic, as tonight i shall eb preforming my first break in http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif. the house is empty, there is no security. and i shall be forced to use a crowbar http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif. this is because i do not have the money to get a lock pic kit, and i will hopefully make gain the money needed. im not ganna trash the place or anything, jsut take a bit of the spare cash thats lying around. no credit card froud or anything, just a simple job in a simple town.
wish me luck
|
|
#693
 2004-02-26, 01:29
|
Cyber_Pirate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You're in the wrong thread retard! If you would have read ANYTHING here you would clearly see that ur not supposed to steal or "break in"! All u dimwits think ur cool posting in here when u have absolutely no idea what a Night Op is....get the hell out of here
|
|
#694
 2004-02-26, 13:47
|
Lupin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Cyber_Pirate:
You're in the wrong thread retard! If you would have read ANYTHING here you would clearly see that ur not supposed to steal or "break in"! All u dimwits think ur cool posting in here when u have absolutely no idea what a Night Op is....get the hell out of here a night time op is and operation...at night. and you call me a dimwit.
the person who started this thred is kinda like the hacker of the real world... and im just a thief, plane and simple.
if you realy want to start giving people shit, you should make sure that youre brain is engaged before you put you arse...i mean mouth, into gear.
fool
|
|
#695
 2004-02-27, 02:30
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Dont even start with the flamewars. Cyber_Pirate, there is no need to be so mean, even though
he is stealing, the way he gets in etc. are all related to nite-ops. Lupin, we at nite-ops do not care
for theives.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 02-27-2004).]
|
|
#696
 2004-02-27, 03:02
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Seriously. Allow me to reiterate the pseudo-philosophy when it comes to night ops...
The goal is to infiltrate, explore, and extract, without leaving any trace. When you steal, you obviously leave a trace. I myself won't condemn somebody for stealing on an op, but if you're ever with me on one, you don't touch a goddamn thing. I don't condone stealing on ops, or do it myself, but since I can't stop someone else from doing it, there's no use in bitching. Stealing is stupid, but people are going to do it anyway.
|
|
#697
 2004-02-27, 03:11
|
mutilated_thoughts 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i donno, i try not to touch anything.
i mean i will enter, look around and all, but i like to look at things. i would have something in my hand when i see something else with like half a label showing, so i would go and look at it.
then i would get home and have this stupid stuff in my pocket.
this isnt bs though, i put stuff in my pockets all the time without notice. i donno, alot of people who smoke do it to.
when i smoke on the weekends i would go home for the night and not smoke because i dont have a lighter.( because i remember not having one at the begining of the night ). then in the morning i will wake up and theres lighters all on my bed cuz they fell out of my pockets.
|
|
#698
 2004-02-27, 03:32
|
fedex22 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
what kind of pics do you use??
where can you get them??
would this be good foe night opts or would it crinkel and make noise
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/i...opscr1743.html
|
|
#699
 2004-02-28, 03:05
|
Cyber_Pirate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok well, neways...about the op I'm doin Saturday-Sunday:
Me n my trusty friend Jake are going to a construction site North of my house @ 3am. We're gonna go inside some of the houses they're building. We've chosen a main house and already went and checked it out. If any of you have done ops on construction houses please share your tips. THANKS
[This message has been edited by Cyber_Pirate (edited 02-28-2004).]
|
|
#700
 2004-02-28, 03:21
|
Tru_Souljer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by CBaoth:
think this will get 1k posts? off topic but i was wondering no, ironz will close it at 999 just to be an asshole. http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
ts
|
|
#701
 2004-02-29, 19:10
|
vanzant 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mr47:
would this be good foe night opts or would it crinkel and make noise
http://www.surplusandadventure.com/i...opscr1743.html me and my friend did some test with black verses other dark clothes and we found that navy blue is actually the best for night time ops
|
|
#702
 2004-02-29, 23:01
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Black doesn't occur often in nature so it's best to choose something else. Dark blues, browns, and greens are best if you only have the option of 1 solid.
The best option however is to just dress in camo as if it were still daylight out, because you have to remember the night conceals you as well, not just the world around you. If I were sneaking around yards I would probably use woodland camo. If you break up your outline well, you are damn near invisible in the dark. You also have an advantage if someone throws a light on you.
There are quite a few tricks to staying properly concealed at night - you'd do well to read the book "Night Movements - How to Fight at Night". It teaches proper methods of staying unnoticed at night time while foiling any potential threats.
A few tips:
It takes 30 minutes on average to obtain optimal night vision. Once it is established, you shouldn't need a flashlight at all. Also remember to avoid looking at any bright lights. If you must, close one eye to preserve N.V.
It is easier to spot someone if they are between you and the moon, so if someone is in a backyard or whatever - plan your entrance carefully. You probably think its stupid to go where another person is, but it isn't that hard.
For whatever reason, if there is someone outside who might be a problem - assume they've gotten their best night vision established. You can ruin it by drawing their attention to a bright light source. An old trick that still works is to throw a rock at a certain place to get them to look there. Try aiming at a well lit window or something (don't break it!)
Anyways, the main point was the camo bit. Solids ALWAYS stand out - period.
|
|
#703
 2004-03-01, 14:03
|
DellaMorte 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yo guys I`ve been around for a couple of years but never registered...Just got back into "bad ideas" and came upon this topic, Great stuff.
Bout me - normal kinda teen, i like all explosives,weapons,ninjas and all that shit
I like Night Ops etc but only really done them a couple of times at my local golf course (took all the flags and shit) i know thats pretty weak but it was fun anyway, meand my mate were geared up in ninja gear n everything.
Here in England in the urban towns its pretty dodgy to go out at night on your own and to be honest im not sure if i have the balls to go on my own and my friend is up for stuff but im not sure how far they would go. I love the idea of stealth and specially the old ways of martials arts etc and u guys got balls to go around town etc on ya own but then again differnt places different enviroments etc i dunno how it is for you guys.I`d take a knife and whatever as standard but most gangs n shit round here have them anyway. If i ever got into someones house unless there was somethin i desperately wanted and couldnt get any other way, i would never jack it (steal it) and like the idea of just going,being and leaving without doing anything or leaving a trace
When i get of ma lazy arse and get a job i`ll be getting lock picks, grappling hook ,tabi boots with foot and hand spikes for proper ops but in the mean time any suggestions on a small op with no gear (obviously i got the clothes n shit)theres mainly just houses round here and in town theres not much and its infested wit pigs as the cop shop is down road. In the golf course like right near by theres a massive house with electric gates and lights shining at the house but i`ve never seen anyone in there , i gues it would be cool to get inside.
|
|
#704
 2004-03-01, 22:43
|
Distromnia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Cyber_Pirate:
Ok well, neways...about the op I'm doin Saturday-Sunday:
Me n my trusty friend Jake are going to a construction site North of my house @ 3am. We're gonna go inside some of the houses they're building. We've chosen a main house and already went and checked it out. If any of you have done ops on construction houses please share your tips. THANKS
[This message has been edited by Cyber_Pirate (edited 02-28-2004).] Ah... This is probably the easiest kind of op, because there's rarely any security. At least in the rural area I live in. Some of the houses might not have locks in them, but just to be safe, cover the hole with duct tape so the door doesn't close completely and lock behind you. It probably won't be that big of a deal to get in or out, just make sure nobody's around. Because if they are, and you're caught, you're fucked. Try to make up a quick excuse. I was almost caught once. A truck carrying a load of linoleum drove up in front of the house I was in, so I opened a back window and climbed out of the house. It had no locks on it, and slid back down, but there was no cover around the house, so I waited until they were unloading the linoleum to run 50 yards into the woods. They never knew I was there. Also, if you're a thief, a construction site such as this one is a great place to get some materials. I got a pry bar and a utility knife on the op mentioned above. (Other than that, I don't steal on ops.) But anyway. Good luck. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#705
 2004-03-01, 23:00
|
chris haffey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
has anyone gone on an op to a mini golf course? i got the idea for this the other day when i drove past this course on a huge manmade hill. it must have been as high as a 3 story building.
|
|
#706
 2004-03-01, 23:15
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I think the craziest op I've been on was at one of the local lumber mills. There were security guards taking rounds, workers here and there... but there were plenty of alleys and hiding places.
It felt like I was in the middle of a Metal Gear game or something.
|
|
#707
 2004-03-01, 23:38
|
Reddy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I DID THAT AND GOT CAUGHT
Me and a friend went into a house and no one was home, cause they where moving. We went up stairs then all the sudden we heard 3 teenage mexicans go "who the fucks in my house" we flippied out and bailed out a near by window.
|
|
#708
 2004-03-02, 01:08
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Distromnia:
Ah... This is probably the easiest kind of op, because there's rarely any security. At least in the rural area I live in. Some of the houses might not have locks in them, but just to be safe, cover the hole with duct tape so the door doesn't close completely and lock behind you. It probably won't be
that big of a deal to get in or out, just make sure nobody's around. Because if they are, and you're caught, you're fucked. Try to make up a quick excuse. I was almost caught once. A truck carrying a load of linoleum drove up in front of the house I was in, so I opened a back window and climbed out of the house. It had no locks on it, and slid back down, but there was no cover around the house, so I waited until they were unloading the linoleum to run 50 yards into the woods. They never knew I was there. Also, if you're a thief, a construction site such as this one is a great place to get some materials. I got a pry bar and a utility knife on the op mentioned above. (Other than that, I don't steal on ops.) But anyway. Good luck. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif yeah new homes under construction are the easyest for noobs or lazy people. almost got caught in one, was walking around and heard a noise behind me, a dog from the house next to it was following me, a fucking pitbull! I spoke real nice and calmly to it and luckely it wasnt on its home property either so it backed off from me and only growely lightly when I came close to it. scared me though.
|
|
#709
 2004-03-02, 21:17
|
Acid-Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
How do I climb those alley way ladders that lead to the roof of the buildings?
They have on in an alley near by I want to climb, but theres a metal sheild around the bottem 10 feet or so of the ladder. Theres no space behind it to jam my feet it, so its literaly impossible to scale even a foot, without the use of something.
How can i get over the sheild, to get to the ladder part - to climb up to the roof?
|
|
#710
 2004-03-02, 21:24
|
chris haffey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
can you push a dumpster to it?
|
|
#711
 2004-03-02, 23:32
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You take a nice long piece of rope. You make a noose at one end, like a gallows. You throw the
rope until it gets trhough the first and second step. You lower the noose and put the other end
through it. Pul it and the noose goes up until its nice and firm. There you are, you got a rope to
climb.
|
|
#712
 2004-03-03, 05:27
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
How would a person who is authorized to climb it use the ladder? Is the cover on a hinge with a
lock? Thats what they did at the McDonalds by my house, once I get lockpicks I will go onto the
roof at night.
|
|
#713
 2004-03-03, 06:37
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I can't wait to go on my night ops. I've got so much nice stuff to use. Summer and winter weight
woodlands military issue camo pants and shirt (I get into the military base around here with my
moms fiancee, and we get sweet stuff.) a nice matte black multi-tool. It's leatherman like, pliers,
saws, cutters, knives etc, a few lights, still looking for a red light so it won't ruin my night vision,
black boots, oh man. I have so much stuff. Luckily the snow is melting, but it's still a bit too cold
and a bit too muddy to go. Soon though, SOON!
Oh, and some tips for going into houses being built. I'd make sure that you watch where you walk. Sharp tools or hazardous objects could be anywhere. Beware stairways with no railing. The wood could be covered in sawdust and be very slippery. Watch that you don't open a door and begin walking assuming it's another room and end up falling down into the basement because they haven't made stairs yet, or the stairs are slippery. Make sure you can get out. The ones I went in weren't locked at all but be careful you don't get locked in.
|
|
#714
 2004-03-03, 07:01
|
Acid-Killer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Another question, I have normal skateboard running shoes, and a pair of standard issue combat
boots. Which would be better to use on night ops, in back alleys near streets and going on roofs
of stores and around houses and back lanes and such as well.
Im just afraid im more vulnerable to twist my leg or something when jumping with the boots on.
|
|
#715
 2004-03-04, 22:43
|
Lupin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Acid-Killer:
Another question, I have normal skateboard running shoes, and a pair of standard issue combat boots. Which would be better to use on night ops, in back alleys near streets and going on roofs of stores and around houses and back lanes and such as well.
Im just afraid im more vulnerable to twist my leg or something when jumping with the boots on. id take the trainers, i prefer trainers on my ops, run faster ect. i use boots when i know i'll need them i,e. running in woods/durt tracks ect.
trainers are more descreate and elequent, better for jumping and such.
good luck
[This message has been edited by Lupin (edited 03-04-2004).]
|
|
#716
 2004-03-05, 00:26
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The advantages of a boot are that they support the ankle better, generally give better traction, generally protect your feet better, are usually more durable, and offer more resistance to the elements. Your skaters on the other hand will, as mentioned, give you more freedom as far as running, jumping, and agility are concerned. The skates are probably lighter as well.
It's a compromise, so both are good for Night Ops, it just all depends on where you are going and what you can expect.
|
|
#717
 2004-03-05, 05:35
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
On the subject of houses under construction, you can just walk in there in the middle of the day if
no one is there. I used to go in them and explore the new houses being built in my old
neighborhood. I think I was only caught once, and we just said we were looking around (which is
what we were doing). Its really not that big of a deal, you just have to find a time when there are
no workers (sunday?).
|
|
#718
 2004-03-07, 20:05
|
Distromnia 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
One of the hardest, yet most difficult ops I ever accomplished...
Last night, a friend of mine went with me to smoke and walk around the neighborhood at 2 AM. We came to a well known two story about 300 yards from my house (the same one I dived in their pool, I posted about it recently.) I had on nothing but a hoodie, jeans, wallet chain (which made extra noise) boots, tobogan(sp?) and gloves. I got the bright idea to run in and steal some food, because I was fuckin hungry, but my friend decided to wait for me back at the house. So I crept up into this two story's backyard, around the pool, and into the garage. There, I found everything I needed for a normal, fully equipped op; guns, ammo, flashlight, utility knife... It was all right there. I picked up the equipment, placing a BB pistol in my pocket, and a rifle in my arms, I stepped out of the garage, and sniped out the back porch light. Waiting, nobody came out. So I walked onto the back porch, and opened the sliding glass door (unlocked) and was in the kitchen. I opened the fridge, and stole a frozen pizza. Hah, the spoils of victory! I left the house, closed the door, and walked casually back home in my civilian clothing. If anyone else has tried one of these kinds
of ops, email me. And I don't wanna hear about how you 'knocked out the patrolling guard' and stole his uniform because you were the dumbass who decided to infiltrate a business without proper gear. I'm talking about simple home/backyard infiltration. Something believeable. distromnia@fuck-the-world.com
|
|
#719
 2004-03-09, 01:43
|
Willdo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I am looking into this night ops stuff could someone recommend me gear that i will need?
|
|
#720
 2004-03-10, 04:08
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Check out the first few pages of this thread, and also, check my guide out, it's here.
|
|
#721
 2004-03-10, 04:09
|
micho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
Check out the first few pages of this thread, and also, check my guide out, it's here.
w3rd. Have you been doing and Night-ops lately Infrared?
|
|
#722
 2004-03-10, 05:23
|
Willdo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey Infraed you got e-mail?
|
|
#723
 2004-03-11, 05:59
|
i wanabe a stealth master 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Its almost surpising how many people don't lock their backdoors at night, and then keep the lights
on right inside those unlocked doors...God bless American Security.
Someone mentioned wrestling shoes for good quiet shoes while doing night ops, I'd take that a step further and suggest good quality pair of moccassins(can't spell that) my cousin had a pair of those and they lasted him 3 years. Very quiet, and you can run pretty well in them.
Youall see any problems?
|
|
#724
 2004-03-11, 16:45
|
DUI 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by i wanabe a stealth master:
Its almost surpising how many people don't lock their backdoors at night, and then keep the lights on right inside those unlocked doors...God bless American Security.
Someone mentioned wrestling shoes for good quiet shoes while doing night ops, I'd take that a step further and suggest good quality pair of moccassins(can't spell that) my cousin had a pair of those and they lasted him 3 years. Very quiet, and you can run pretty well in them.
Youall see any problems?
I wear moccassins all the time, they are great for night ops. For night ops you should get maybe a half size smaller so they don't end up falling off.
|
|
#725
 2004-03-11, 22:41
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hey im goin to do an op on this manor. the plan is as follows:
objective:explore an area surrounded by 12ft high walls
plan:
get to perimiter
jump over river
move to door of walled area
gain entry
EXPLORE
leave same way
any problems?
|
|
#726
 2004-03-12, 03:46
|
Switch72 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tadthemadlad:
hey im goin to do an op on this manor. the plan is as follows:
objective:explore an area surrounded by 12ft high walls
plan:
get to perimiter
jump over river
move to door of walled area
gain entry
EXPLORE
leave same way
any problems? What gear will you be taking with you?
|
|
#727
 2004-03-14, 08:37
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Gota b quiet...
Laast night i was all ready to go
all in my gear n shit.
I was in the living room warming up ready to leave when my mum must have sensed something?I knew i had made no noise,she has been a bit jumpy lataly.
Anyway i was in the living room and she came walking in!I dived under the table,she walkd round bit checked the back door and went to bed.
I didnt go out...lol
My gear:
I usually just leave all my army clothe sin my draw,i told mum i rekn the pants r cool etc....n e way,i cant exactly leave the bag out...so i hid it udner my draws.My mum must go through my things,because when ever i hide something i can come home one day and its there sitting on my desk.
She must have found this bad thing,i was in the car with ehr coming back from school and she goes :why was that bag hidden under your draws full of screw drives and gloves?Are you sneaking out and doing army rolls around the street or something?I just laughed and went yeh fully,with gary(this crazy ex sas guy next door) she didnt say n e more on it but she must know,i meen there really is no logical reason apart formt hat for having what i have,lol.
Oh well....
|
|
#728
 2004-03-14, 11:27
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
One thing i forgot to mention,i bought some Guarana and Ginseng tablets at the local health
pharmacy.It cost $14(AUD) for like 200 tablets.Kinda expensive i know but hey,i have been taking
4 before parites etc and they seem to keep me awake and alert.
pce
|
|
#729
 2004-03-14, 11:42
|
GTC20 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
That's real fucking brave shooting a dog.
I thought you weren't interested in damaging anything? I can't stand cruelty to animals, only cowards will hurt something that can't defend itself. Do you have any pets? If so, how would you feel if someone shot it? or shot a memeber of your family for absolutely no reason at all?
|
|
#730
 2004-03-14, 12:50
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
you my friends are the lowest kind of person on this globe. Shooting a dog is no act of bravery or
skill. Any real infiltrator and night operative will agreee with me that you are not a part of our
select group!
you are just a ordanary burgalor!
|
|
#731
 2004-03-15, 20:29
|
squash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
bump
It's coming up to Spring again. No more freezing cold weather, no more mud, not as much night. I'm looking forward to it.
What's the best time to go on an op anyway?
|
|
#732
 2004-03-16, 07:54
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
^^^ - Operation season baby! Not just regular Night Ops either, but more tactical aligned ones as well. Ah... can't wait till next week rolls around...
|
|
#733
 2004-03-16, 07:58
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Knight of blacknes:
you my friends are the lowest kind of person on this globe. Shooting a dog is no act of bravery or skill. Any real infiltrator and night operative will agreee with me that you are not a part of our select group!
you are just a ordanary burgalor! Depending on the mission, I would if I couldn't keep it quiet. You could poison it and the owners would either see it as natural or the dogs own fault, or investigate long after you are gone.
Of course, it's not really this kind of "Night-Op", although technically a night-op is an operation undergone at nighttime...
|
|
#734
 2004-03-18, 18:27
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Nobody's shot any god damned dogs; at least, not on an op. I did shoot one who almost pounced
on my niece once; I say "almost" because it was dead before it reached her. Fucking improperly-
trained dobermans. It had gotten loose, and began snarling and charging her; mind, she was only
4 at the time. It got itself four .45-caliber Black Talons in the side from my USP because of it. I
slept just fine that night.
And Knight, go to hell. What the fuck do you think you are, a Navy SEAL? What exactly do you do (besides fantasize) that elevates you so highly above us night oppers?
I'm just wagering that you're a 13-year-old kidiot who can't have any fun because his mommy won't let him, so he goes and flames the people who can. Get the fuck out of my thread.
-Infrared
|
|
#735
 2004-03-19, 04:22
|
nbtstatman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by TheDragon:
I ended up being too lazy and tired to do the nighttime ops at the campout. I did try to scare some campers with a loud firecracker. (I crept up on them, lit it, and threw it military style, lol) unfortuneatly, the firecracker was a dud and it was pointless.
I'm gonna do some neighborhood stuff tonight. I'll be using some minor gear, namely just binoculars(not night vision, but the few streetlamps should be enough for me to use the binoculars effectively) and stealth shoes. Not sure on my objectives yet, I"ll probably set my sights on a nearby school. No vandalism, just make it undetected to a certain part of it, mark it somehow (post it note...) then go back home.
Dont ever, ever throw a firecracker that is fucking dangerous. I'll tell you why... When you throw a firecracker the sparks jump back and light the fuse off closer.. So it can blow up 1 foot away from you, if you threw some thing like a M80 you would have no hand.
|
|
#736
 2004-03-19, 06:47
|
crazedmonkey373 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
longest thread ever. has anyone actually read every post in here?
|
|
#737
 2004-03-19, 07:49
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Me, but I don't count, I'm the starter.
|
|
#738
 2004-03-19, 13:49
|
kBytes 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infared - What part of illinios. Is it next to university of illinios? or more next to chocago
|
|
#739
 2004-03-19, 17:06
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Rockford. It's North, very close to the Wisconsin border; maybe 60 miles or so from Chic.
SerpentMage 2004-03-19 19:44 Has anyone figured out a way to get past magnetic door sensors? When there are no windows or other POEs it gets damn annoying to work with a <1 min window of time.
|
|
#740
 2004-03-19, 22:51
|
heisler 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Does talking your way into a building count as a night op?
|
|
#741
 2004-03-19, 23:14
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by heisler:
Does talking your way into a building count as a night op? No. That would be considered, Social Engineering, Infiltrating, or possibly Scamming. During night ops you are not seen at all. If you are caught, it is considered failed, even if you can talk your way out of it.
|
|
#742
 2004-03-19, 23:42
|
AllOrNothinEnt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'm doing a night op in 2 hours.
|
|
#743
 2004-03-19, 23:47
|
heisler 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Don't get nervous. Confidence is half the battle.
No pressure, buddy!
Oh, and don't think about what will happen if you get caught. That makes things worse.
[This message has been edited by heisler (edited 03-19-2004).]
|
|
#744
 2004-03-20, 08:10
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
My brain is awesome, somehow I can just push fears or anxiety right out of my brain. Usually by
using logic for fucked fears, or just being confident. Its just like going to a damn therapists, except
better a faster. They dont fucking understand why the therapy isnt "working". Idiots, I am my own
therapist.
|
|
#745
 2004-03-20, 19:36
|
SerpentMage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
GOD DAMNit, someone needs to invent a device to get past magnetic switches. Why aren't you people having similar sentiments? Get off your asses and go get paid!
(ok that's enough bullshit for today)
|
|
#746
 2004-03-21, 09:20
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I've read it, since it was down to like 1 or 2 pages, and I've been reading it since.
I've been trying to figure out a way to get by motion detectors in a certain building. I know it's possible to put something over them (like an opaque piece of tape) and they don't go off, but how could you approach them and place the tape on them while they are on? I don't think that I have the steadyness required to walk up to one slowly without it going off. I believe it uses sonic radiation to detect movement. The name of the alarm company is Sonitrol. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have access to the building during the day either.
|
|
#747
 2004-03-21, 12:04
|
heisler 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sound isn't radiation. http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif
But yeah, I've wondered the same thing. They work with the doppler effect. They send out sound waves of a certain frequency. When these hit a moving object, the reflected waves have a different frequency (correct me if I'm wrong). The detector picks up on the difference between the frequencies and sets off the alarm.
Maybe if you could record the frequency, you could somehow "trick" the detector with it. Does anyone here work with electronics?
|
|
#748
 2004-03-21, 17:37
|
Mr. Tea 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:I've been trying to figure out a way to get by motion detectors
Does anyone know what will happen if someone was to "disable" one or more of these during the
day when the system isn't armed? They must have some kind of failsafes surely?
|
|
#749
 2004-03-21, 18:33
|
NumB-nUTz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Heh heh I just tried my first ever proper nighttime op last night and it was fucking awesome. However I ran into a few problems like landing in a pond when my torch failed 1/2 way through and getting stuck in a garden with really high fences.
Anyway it was great - I shall just have to be a bit more careful next time though.
|
|
#750
 2004-03-21, 18:47
|
tadthemadlad 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Switch72:
What gear will you be taking with you?
i will be taking all my stealth clothing (full body), a lightstick to mark the narrow part of a river i hav to cross,some nylon rope and thats it.
i wont be taking my lockpicks because the entire op is outdoor and the door i hav to go thru isnt secure anyway
|
|
#751
 2004-03-22, 04:50
|
hype 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
And I thought I was the only one who did this for the challenge.
I never bring any sort of weapons with me besides a small SF spike and a multi-tool. I took a Powerline 250 with me once, but that was back when I thought having a gun would scare people off.
What I use? Dark navy blue BDU, an SF vest I bought from an Army surplus shop, and an empty holster. I don't know what type of boots I have. They're pretty generic. I got them from India about a year ago. A 'JPXS-6F' pocket lock-pick tool. Very fun. And a bandanna. Gives me infinite ammo. I used to use a really old break-barrel pellet rifle to nudge camera out of alignment, but I've been encountering fewer cameras lately. I use some Wal-Mart brand binocs, maybe 4x30. As for NVGs, I bought a used Soviet nv monocle for $11 on eBay. I swear to God, it is the funnest thing I've ever bought.
Back when I started, I'd try to sneak into construction sites and schools, and then leave a little note telling them to get better locks. I don't really do that much anymore, mainly because I'm running out of places.
I don't remember why I started. I guess I was one of those 'anarchist' punks who thought ripping off wal-mart was 1337.
@infrared - You ever tried sneaking up on people for fun? We get out fair share of punks in this neighborhood stealing hood ornaments and such, so whenever I can, I try to get as close as possible and give them a little scare.
edit 1 - Forgot to mention that I take both a regular and a mini-Mag-lite whenever I go out. I hate the NV green. And a balaclava. I don't remember why I bought it. I was at Sports Authority looking up some rifles, and I saw it. I tried it on, and thought 'Goddamn, I look badass'.
edit 2 - You've got a USP? I hate you. I'm looking into getting something, but I don't have the money. I was thinking about a Beretta, but a few Glocks and USP 45s are very tempting.
[This message has been edited by hype (edited 03-22-2004).]
[This message has been edited by hype (edited 03-22-2004).]
|
|
#752
 2004-03-22, 06:34
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by heisler:
Sound isn't radiation. http://www.totse.com/bbs/rolleyes.gif
But yeah, I've wondered the same thing. They work with the doppler effect. They send out sound waves of a certain frequency. When these hit a moving object, the reflected waves have a different frequency (correct me if I'm wrong). The detector picks up on the difference between the frequencies and sets off the alarm.
Maybe if you could record the frequency, you could somehow "trick" the detector with it. Does anyone here work with electronics? oops..lol I don't know what I was thinking last night. Sound ISN'T radiation. It's a vibration.
|
|
#753
 2004-03-22, 06:35
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hype, just hope you don't run into any ninjas wearing stealth camo
|
|
#754
 2004-03-22, 07:34
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i known this isn't quite a night op, but still...
DAVE went with friends to a closed down junkyard to get some parts. there were 3 cars, 6 people. they parked down the road in a abondoned driveway. dave and his friend got there 20mins before others. they looked around and collected some stuff. then dave;s friend thought he heard sombody and runs full speed to dave, and they ducked under cars. dave had a butterfly knife, and that was it. this is frightening and exerting(EDIT: typo, i was tired), reminded me of the stories on this post. nobody came. dave's friends show up. they all looked, and the others broke into the office. dave left. 5-10 mins after that the cops came up, dave's friends ran and hide in neighborhoods but were caught, may get a felony if owner presses charges, dave is clean.
[This message has been edited by cheeseduck (edited 03-24-2004).]
|
|
#755
 2004-03-23, 16:11
|
hype 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yeah, I'd definitely put that in the 'bad idea' pile. I've heard that some animals can be pacified with a slight rap to the head, but there is no way in Hell I'm going to put my arm on the line to test that theory.
@janke - How are you planning on getting onto the roof in the first place? Do you have plans of
the building? Might make things easier.
And the whole canyon exploration thing would be a good idea if there were people watching for you. I'm pretty sure a coyote doesn't give a rats ass that a dude is 'stealthing' through a canyon.
@cheeseduck - That is classic redneck.
@sephiroth - No ninjas yet. I did encounter a rent-a-cop, back when I started. He was like "What the fuck are you doing?" I just kinda shrugged and walked away.
|
|
#756
 2004-03-24, 05:25
|
SephirothAngelus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hype:
@sephiroth - No ninjas yet. I did encounter a rent-a-cop, back when I started. He was like "What the fuck are you doing?" I just kinda shrugged and walked away. Actually what I meant by "ninjas with stealth camo" was Grayfox, considering you made a metal gear solid reference in saying that your bandana gives you infinite ammo. Not sure if you caught that one.
|
|
#757
 2004-03-28, 07:28
|
PumpAction Pimp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just got back from a night time ops. Its 2:21 am here and i went at about 1:30. I came back early
for a reason. My heart is still pounding so fast I can barely type. I was just wandering the neighbor
checking things out when I noticed I was in one of my teacher's from schools yard. Hes way into
cars so I thought Id have a peek at the cars in his extra garage in his back yard. He only had his
2002 mustang in there so I moved on to the house right next to his. I was in the driveway looking
at the this truck with my dimmed flashlight when I heard a sliding door open from my teacher's
house...I didnt even look back til i was like 5 yards away. Right when I recognized the sound I
was already jumping the fence in his back yard. I had to hop 2 more fences after then and I finally
made it home. Then when I get home i gotta sneak back through my window. Its small so I gotta
take off most of my gear before i can climb in. WOW. You wanna talk about a rush. Night time
ops rox! Keep up the good work guys and dont get caught! Peace. LOL i was getting ready to
click post and I hear police sirens lol. oh well they'll never find me. hahaha
[This message has been edited by PumpAction Pimp (edited 03-28-2004).]
[This message has been edited by PumpAction Pimp (edited 03-28-2004).]
|
|
#758
 2004-03-29, 22:56
|
xbadboii 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well, I must say I succesfully stole, 6 two way radios, a camcorder and a laptop from my school,
heres my story.. I wont bother saying SWIM, because we all know it never really is SWIM
My dream was always to get the school keys, I was walking through the halls one day and saw some sittin on a classroom table, i went it ,snatched them ,and went home. A few days later, I thought i would go on a stealing rampage, and during lunch time, i went into one of the empty classrooms and stole a two wy radio. then after school, my last period teacher had his own expensive laptop, and i feated my eyes on it and drooled, i had to have it. So after school it was like 310, and the classroom was empty, i was amazed, i didnt need the keys, i figured the teacher had ran up to the office, so i walked right in, no one was around ,except in the next classroom over, which amazed me. So i went to his desk, opened my backpack up, unpluged the laptop, stuck it in my bag and walked home which was like 5 min away. I was so fkin happy i had a new 2k laptop. Then the next day it was all talk about it, and no one knew, but then i relized i had forgotton the network card and charger for it. and also a new pack of blank discs, so that night, i walked to the school, went into the un alarmed class with my keys, and stole everything else, including a camcorder that a student was using for a project and left it in the teachers closet there, I had the keys to every fkin door. Now i was even mor happier so i went to all 5 other
classrooms that were outside in the modulars,and stole every two way radio, but only some had them. Then i went home and havent stole anything since. But actually i was planning a big ass night op for me and a friend or two, and we were gonna steal these class rings that they had behind glass and lots more two wy radios, and break into the school safe. But, They ended up changing every damn lock over the weekened without any students knowing about it, i was pissed, and then they ended up making a new high school anyway. But its ok because i got over 3k in electronics. So i finally got my dream which was the school keys, its so cool to have them, u can just unlock any door and boom go in, i used to go in the gym at night and go in the locker room and hack on the teachers computer, and play bball. funny shit i must say. but anyways If u wanna rule the school, get the keys, its a hard challenge cuz they hold onto those fuckers , but the best time to try is during lunch or right after school, thats the time when teachers "run" to the office or somethin and leave their keys so have fun. Also i forgot to mention while i was in the locker room the PE teacher had all the locker combos to the big pe lockers and i broke into all of the football ones becuase lots of people keep there stuff in there cuz theyre bigger than the normal ones, and so that week during every PE class i would like say i got to go to the bathroom and i would go into the empty locker room cuz the students were in the gym and i would steal there watches and wallets and shit, it was fkin awesome.and i still have the combos till this day
IM me on aim at jseinfeld44 for more tips and scams.
|
|
#759
 2004-03-31, 21:46
|
SerpentMage 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
xbadboii: my hat off to you, sir. Perhaps you're considering selling the laptop?
|
|
#760
 2004-03-31, 21:50
|
xbadboii 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
nah id never sell this laptop. IM me on aim to chat though, jseinfeld44 we can share info
|
|
#761
 2004-04-01, 04:44
|
|
Regular
|
|
the land were shit goes boom
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i know im kind of late in the post put i had fun sneeking out at night i didnt do much tp houses and
steel fire extingwishers shit like that. i have a friend who sneaks out just about every night and he
has been been threw alot of shit.
|
|
#762
 2004-04-01, 04:56
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
tell some stories, demo. try getting ppl to chase you at night, thats fun.
|
|
#763
 2004-04-01, 11:41
|
jay_dawg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
cheesedick...i did it on purpose DICKHEAD...looks like i started another flame war
|
|
#764
 2004-04-01, 15:02
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
jay_damg, why are you calling me a dickhead?
|
|
#765
 2004-04-01, 16:28
|
RagingPussy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
MMkay..Ive read some in this post and last night I finally decided to grow a nut and explore. I wore a black bathrobe, paintball mask, and Dr. Martins. I only brought binoculars because I really didnt think I was gonna do much (which I really didn't.) About halfway through my roll over my neighbors fence, i saw some movement and I saw my neighbors having sex. It was....awkward...to say the least....and creepy too. but I rolled over and just took a peek around the backyard and went home.
I'd like to progress into the heavier shit, and I thought bringing an airsoft gun would be good for cameras and stuff. I'm fairly experienced with them as me and my friends fuck around on them every once in a while. I need one that's either:
a) has a scope so i can make sure I take out the camera the first shot, or
b) Is almost completely silent so I can take more than one shot.
I would like an electric one, so when im not night-opping (word?) I can kick some ass against my friends, but apparently electrics can't take a paintball, which i think id need for like target practice and stuff. can anyone recommend something for me?
-rage
|
|
#766
 2004-04-01, 18:02
|
Mr47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I noticed no one had or has said that they have a PDA or hand held computer, there very good for night ops and the more professional missions e.g. you can keep satellite photos, maps, door combinations ect (I got the idea of splinter cell and got a PDA and its very useful.
ps. a lot of people are having trouble with PIRs (the security sensor) if you want just ask and I will say how to bypass/disable them ,some one asked if you could disable them when the alarm is off, so when the alarm is set it wont work. You can do this.
And some more tips that seem to help:-
Don't be greedy
Don't let you adrenalin influence you (e.g. don't think "I'm a god I can do any thing")
Don't think you won't be caught (even if you are so skilled it is almost imposable you will be caught) it keeps you on your edge
On professional operations e.g. ones that take weeks of planning, always have a ERP (emergence rendezvou point) just incase some thing goes wrong
And always have a back up plan
And don't go on an opt if your tired
And most oviseley don't do any thing under the influence of drugs or alcohol
|
|
#767
 2004-04-01, 23:32
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I always wanted to explore Disneyland late at nite, all by myself, in the nude.
Crazy? Sir, the proper term in sociopathic!
|
|
#768
 2004-04-01, 23:36
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is pretty cool: http://www.worldwidewords.org/turnsofphrase/tp-fre1.htm
A new urban sport which emerged from the southern suburbs of Paris, free-running uses gymnastic skills to find alarming new ways of navigating the urban landscape. It is the freerunners' fondness for catapulting themselves at dangerous heights over anxiety-inducing distances that has brought them notoriety--initially within the
confines of their mayor's office, but more recently on an international level.
http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/
|
|
#769
 2004-04-01, 23:44
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by RagingPussy:
I wore a black bathrobe, paintball mask, and Dr. Martins.
-rage That'd be a sight.
|
|
#770
 2004-04-02, 01:27
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by RagingPussy:
MMkay..Ive read some in this post and last night I finally decided to grow a nut and explore. I wore a black bathrobe, paintball mask, and Dr. Martins
The paintball mask's only benefit is hiding your face. It will not let you see as much(peripheral vision, fogging), and it will make it harder to breate. One issue that I haven't seen addresed is covering your fog on cold nights. Any mask would help with that.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Mr47:
I noticed no one had or has said that they have a PDA or hand held computer, there very good for night ops and the more professional missions e.g. you can keep satellite photos, maps, door combinations ect (I got the idea of splinter cell and got a PDA and its very useful.
ps. a lot of people are having trouble with PIRs (the security sensor) if you want just ask and I will say how to bypass/disable them ,some one asked if you could disable them when the alarm is off, so when the alarm is set it wont work. You can do this.
And some more tips that seem to help:-
Don't be greedy
Don't let you adrenalin influence you (e.g. don't think "I'm a god I can do any thing")
Don't think you won't be caught (even if you are so skilled it is almost imposable you will be caught) it keeps you on your edge
On professional operations e.g. ones that take weeks of planning, always have a ERP (emergence rendezvou point) just incase some thing goes wrong
And always have a back up plan
And don't go on an opt if your tired
And most oviseley don't do any thing under the influence of drugs or alcohol No offense, but what do you mean by profesional? are you being paid to go on a night op? or is this from a video game. the PDA is good though. if you have a lot of papers though a printed map would be better. The advice you give is mostly good, but it sounds as if you are gearing this advice towards a group of people going on a mission, rather than some kids sneaking around for fun. but thanks for the advice
|
|
#771
 2004-04-02, 04:50
|
SephirothAngelus speaking of 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I remember theres a site (posted back in this thread somewhere) that you can get satellite images of like anywhere in the U.S. I was able to find my house. But if you had a good res color pda, like my clie, you could download images of the area you're going to, so you would know what to
expect, or if you got lost you could check it. Mine also has a backlight so you can check it in low light areas.
|
|
#772
 2004-04-02, 18:39
|
Verdex 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:
..."Nighttime Ops"...
got a club you could join...
|
|
#773
 2004-04-02, 18:41
|
Optionryder420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
this is a long ass post when is it ever gonna end?
|
|
#774
 2004-04-02, 18:50
|
elite_dance 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I just came here to say the same thing...damn yous...
|
|
#775
 2004-04-02, 20:40
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I've thought about using my PDA on operations, but ditched the idea since
A - Good chance of breaking during heavy physical activity
B - If I get caught and it gets confiscated...
GPS is good though, since you can map out important areas as you go along. Whenever I'm in a new area I mark down areas like bridges, tunnels, abandoned houses, etc so I have regrouping places or stake-outs.
A PDA, if you are willing to take one, would be a lot better though as you could download actual maps to it and mark them more precisely (all of which has been said). A survival manual should be a standard file on all PDAs in this case, should you need to stay away from certain areas for extended periods of time on short notice.
|
|
#776
 2004-04-03, 04:04
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by cheeseduck:
No offense, but what do you mean by profesional? If you noticed, he didn't say that he was a professional; he just suggested that this is the way pros do it. There are a fair number of (accurate?) texts out there telling how the pros do it. Good to learn, lads. http://www.totse.com/bbs/wink.gif
|
|
#777
 2004-04-03, 07:20
|
budman420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I love to crep at night its fun and its free
as long as u dont get caught but just a warning i have been shot at doing this so 4 all u warriors of ta night be carful
|
|
#778
 2004-04-03, 16:09
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by cheeseduck:
about the profesional thing, im just saying that some people need to keep a clear perspective. You are not working for the government, you have no real mission, you are just people sneaking around at night very well. i don't think that night ops are at all a bad thing, just realize that you are
not some uber ninja. but hey, even the big guys started small!
BUDMAN, what is the story behind being shot at? Being a professional would mean going through extensive training and working for money. To keep with the "night op philosophy", it would have to be for someone else and you're just getting info on them.
If you worked for yourself, you would have to steal to make profit.
Anyways, night-ops I suppose would make good training for any break-in jobs. It might also prove useful for spying to gather info for your own reasons.
|
|
#779
 2004-04-03, 19:02
|
Ms. Death 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Run Screaming, I've been free running for little over a year now ( Le Parkour!
http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif ) And I will say it becomes EXTREMLY usefull while on night
ops. I will admit, it's hella hard though. I'm the only girl around here who seems to do it, and it
took a good 2 months of training just to get enough of the upper body strengh to pull off some of
the moves. I will say it's definitly worth it though.
Now to only be this good..
<A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1935000/images/_1939106_belle300.jpg">http://news.bbc. co.uk/olmedia/1935000/images/_1939106_belle300.jpg" width="90" height="90</A>
[This message has been edited by Ms. Death (edited 04-03-2004).]
|
|
#780
 2004-04-03, 19:19
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
goog point Psychlonic. the break in thing is being a profesional. my point still though is to know that one is not doing it just like the government, but rather are emulating them.
but from the original posts i gathered that the goal of this was to sneak around and gather info, not property, as you said. im just annoyed by hearing serious ideas and references to "Splinter Cell"
|
|
#781
 2004-04-03, 21:27
|
fadmasterskoal 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
im just curious but why is the format of this thread expanded? it drives me crazy and i would like to read the whole thing.
|
|
#782
 2004-04-04, 04:34
|
Nightwing 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
How could I have missed this thread? Lots of cool stories in here. Good to see some fellow PKers
on Totse.
|
|
#783
 2004-04-04, 07:45
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
im with you Fadmaster. you either can't see the hole post, the name, or have to fucking scroll. I DEMANd CHANGE
|
|
#784
 2004-04-05, 02:29
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RagingPussy:
MMkay..Ive read some in this post and last night I finally decided to grow a nut and explore. I wore a black bathrobe, paintball mask, and Dr. Martins. I only brought binoculars because I really didnt think I was gonna do much (which I really didn't.) About halfway through my roll over my neighbors fence, i saw some movement and I saw my neighbors having sex. It was....awkward...to say the least....and creepy too. but I rolled over and just took a peek around the backyard and went home.
I'd like to progress into the heavier shit, and I thought bringing an airsoft gun would be good for cameras and stuff. I'm fairly experienced with them as me and my friends fuck around on them every once in a while. I need one that's either:
a) has a scope so i can make sure I take out the camera the first shot, or
b) Is almost completely silent so I can take more than one shot.
I would like an electric one, so when im not night-opping (word?) I can kick some ass against my friends, but apparently electrics can't take a paintball, which i think id need for like target practice and stuff. can anyone recommend something for me?
-rage Use a sniper rifle airsoft gun. (here) They say not to use paintballs, but I use them and it does not mess it up. Make a silencer for it, and your set.
{EDIT} Use alluminum BB's. They penatrate better.
[This message has been edited by blackcat (edited 04-05-2004).]
|
|
#785
 2004-04-06, 06:27
|
StOnEdFcKeR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by cheeseduck:
The paintball mask's only benefit is hiding your face. It will not let you see as much(peripheral vision, fogging), and it will make it harder to breate. One issue that I haven't seen addresed is covering your fog on cold nights. Any mask would help with that.
Only the cheap ass once they throw in wutg the guns. Get either thermal or duel lensed and your all good. Can go days without seeing fog, no warped vision, and (depending on mask) full perifial vision.
If your gonna use a paintball mask to cover your face, go with a jt proflex. Lightest mask, can get tinted lenses, wont fog.
I have no clue what this topics about, but I can help you out there
|
|
#786
 2004-04-06, 06:42
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
got back from a succesful op just now.
MISSION: GET FOOD
TIME: 1:40 AM EST
DATE: 04/05/04
BRIEF EXPLENATION:
I woke up quite hungary, so I snuck into my kitchen. We have very squeeky hardwood floors, so I put some rubber wheels on my skateboard, layed down, and went past my mom& dad's room, sisters room, and the pet's room. I made me a sammich http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
DISCLAMER: This is a true story, and what are ya gonna do about it.
|
|
#787
 2004-04-06, 06:51
|
StOnEdFcKeR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
A long ass time ago just out of bordem we bricked hella school windows. My teacher sent me to this other class room to make up a test. A brick is still sitting in the corner of the room. This happened today and I just found it ammusing.
|
|
#788
 2004-04-07, 04:59
|
[th3daywalk3r] ![[th3daywalk3r] is offline](../../images/statusicon/user_offline.gif)
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This thread is fucking huge!
|
|
#789
 2004-04-07, 09:27
|
XcileD 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Fucking hell, I havnt posted for ages, and this fucker of a thread is still going! lovely!
|
|
#790
 2004-04-07, 11:23
|
chemical_injections 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Would you people let this thread die please? Or, post something relevant. Like u?
edit = mr 62 or 65 post....
[This message has been edited by chemical_injections (edited 04-07-2004).]
|
|
#791
 2004-04-07, 19:56
|
KwOnLiE 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
this thread is long enough to be written into a novel..not that the novel would really be about
anything in particular,but still..it's the longest i've seen so far..
|
|
#792
 2004-04-07, 21:12
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sweet, I did a sort of night op with a friend and my brother. We went out about 4-5AM for some
vandalising, and came accross McDonalds. They have a ladder to the roof that is covered by a
metal thingy. My friend who is good at climbing just climbed over it, and then we realized that it
was unlocked, so we all went up. I peed down a venilator shaft, we turned some switches off, and
saw some sattellite dishes which we did nothing to. It was pretty cool but not much to do.
|
|
#793
 2004-04-07, 22:38
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Heh, I just copied all the night-op stories in this thread to a text file. Might come in handy if I face a matching scenario.
|
|
#794
 2004-04-07, 22:44
|
harmless 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hmm, wanna post it? Im too lasy to sort through all 36 pages.
|
|
#795
 2004-04-07, 23:28
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
The text file wasn't really meant for distribution, so there aren't any indicators as to who wrote what. Also, I only picked the select few stories which I thought would actually be helpful instead of those I thought to be successful by luck. There is less than 20 posts in it probably.
One thing I never saw mentioned (or maybe I overlooked it) was the use of 3D camo. I managed to "acquire" a full suit a while back and tested it out... worked great!
Picture this: Old fashioned navy blue is hard enough to see in the shadows as it is right? Try spotting me in a shadow with my suit on! There's no human form to speak of, and the camo pattern breaks up an already sketchy outline.
The particular pair I own has a mesh construct with stitched on material shaped as leaves in a woodland pattern. I've been able to curl up into a ball and fool my friends in daylight into thinking I'm a small bush - until they get really close of course. Great stuff, a worthy investment for ops in areas with heavy activity.
|
|
#796
 2004-04-08, 02:07
|
Heiko Palm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You have done it..........I commend you brother.
|
|
#797
 2004-04-08, 03:00
|
Odysseus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Neat...I'd like to give this a try..Do you guys suggest I just look through topic and get informed?
|
|
#798
 2004-04-08, 06:45
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yes, and after that, inform yourself even more. And when you do that? Yep, you guessed it -
learn even more, from wherever you can. You can never know too much; especially when it
comes to infiltration and preparation. And conversely, you must always remind yourself that you
DON'T know it all. Do not ever get cocky; this will get you dead (well, it would, in a black ops
situation. In this case, it'll get you arrested, most likely. But It could get you dead.)
[This message has been edited by Infrared (edited 04-08-2004).]
|
|
#799
 2004-04-08, 07:56
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
*james bond music in background*
make sure you don't get killed on a black ops operation, because if your tactical infromation exceedes a certain amount, you could die. and if you were to die the mission would be a failior. If you are caught we will disovow all knowledge of you.
honestly why post shit about black ops? raise your hand if you may be on a black op? im not saying night ops are dumb, just please avoid using cliches like that. it sounds stupid
|
|
#800
 2004-04-08, 16:47
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Right now I am out camping, so this is the perfect time for night ops.
http://www.totse.com/bbs/tongue.gif
|
|
#801
 2004-04-08, 17:59
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I'd also like to add that there are usually plenty of awesome night-ops around any area if you but only learn of them. Ask old people around where you live about old mine shafts, military bases, caches, fallout shelters, and the like.
Then research the place as best you can. Try getting a terraserver map of the area as well as scout the area beforehand to see if the map has changed any. You can then plan routes and entry area as well as get good ideas where the police will stop their cars at.
Material from learning shouldn't come from this post alone, but rather books and manuals. Many militia/survivalist websites have plenty of files concerning how to enter places unnoticed as well as escape and evasion should the need arise.
I shamelessly admit that I now think 3D camo is the best thing you can possibly use for night-ops. You can wear normal clothing underneath it so if you are chased you can slip the suit off, hide your gear under something underneath the suit, and blend into a crowd. You aren't caught if you aren't recognized. Also, if you can't find a suitable pattern - dye the suit dark blue I guess. A guille suit may be better, but it's also a lot bulkier, easier to catch on things, and noisier.
Hmm... what else...
Lockpicking set as well as the skill should be obvious. Artificial night vision might come in handy, though I personally don't bother. If you use a flashlight, use a red lens so you don't lose natural night vision as badly.
Some people bring BB guns to take out cameras and put out lights which illuminate your area. Another thing, if you are going to carry more equipment than what you can stuff in your pockets, consider a load bearing vest as opposed to a backpack. You can throw it off just slightly slower than a pack, and it is a lot quieter - not to mention the fact it makes your outline a lot smaller.
Recommended reading?
- Night Movements - How to Fight at Night
- Secrets of the Ninja
- FM 21-76 Survival (has Escape & Evasion)
- MIT Guide to Lockpicking
- Secrets of Lockpicking
- CIA Key Casting Manual
These for sure will make life a lot easier. These are the basics, nice a simple to learn.
Good luck!
EDIT - Added content
[This message has been edited by Psychlonic (edited 04-08-2004).]
|
|
#802
 2004-04-08, 21:53
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ale, shut the fuck up and go away. Your pathetic attempts to make everyone like you are seen
through like air, and you are just fucking annoying. Try actually contributing to conversations and
taking off your caps lock key. Then people will accept you. But right now you are just an annoying
little snot eating pikachu fucker, so FUCK OFF.
PS. Blacksheep owns you.
Back to the topic.
A fun thing to do is finding ways to get on top of buildings. Like how I went on top of McDonalds as described in a previous post. On taller buildings you can get pretty cool view. On some buildings they may have ladders outside, but those are just the short ones. On taller buildings, try taking the elevator all the way up, and finding the door to the roof. In some cases you may need to take the stairs after the elevator to go all the way up. Usually the doors are locked so bring a lockpick set. Something to do is take pictures of and from the roof and start a collection of the buildings in your area. You could also go on house roofs while people are sleeping or working.
|
|
#803
 2004-04-09, 03:14
|
Odysseus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thank you Infrared
|
|
#804
 2004-04-09, 17:38
|
NumB-nUTz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok first of all - dude shutup Blacksheep owns
Secondly - anyone had a look at this site:
http://www.urbanfreeflow.com
Its all about the art of free running - some of this shit could be really well implemented into the whole night-ops thing.
|
|
#805
 2004-04-09, 20:17
|
Mr47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
At 0300 Monday 12 apr 04 GMT
I will be embarking on a training mission. I will have minimal supplies e.g. a small back pack. I will be dropped off at a remote location deep in the country side. Transport won't return for 5 days so for 5 days I will have to surive. But also not only will I have to survive but this is mainly about training so I will be training extensively. I should set up camp in a forest about 1.5 miles from the insertion zone. During my time there I also plan to explore and infiltrate some kind of docks controlled by the military it supplies oil to a PowerStation a few miles away via a pipeline.
I would have my digital camera and would be taking extensive recon and sualivance of the ficalty. If It's only a oil dock for the power station why is there military there
And why is there such a well secured perimeter.
I would have my NV scope naturally, and would be wearing olive drab and woodland camo BDU and cap and camo face paint.
Some of you will say this is bullshit and I will never do it, but I will, I have to, because if I don't, I won't survive.
I will report back on the op in a weeks time, that is if im not arrested or not in hospital.
I wont lie it will be hard and dangerous, I am worried, you see once I get dropped off I wont have any comunashions with any one for a week or so, and I will be all alone with none around in 3 miles.
Ps you might also say im crazy or stupid.But im not.
I will be back..soon...
[This message has been edited by Mr47 (edited 04-09-2004).]
|
|
#806
 2004-04-10, 13:50
|
torqueman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Haha. They porobably have some 'secret' ops goin on at the oil station. They will think you are a spy or something, maybe not. You spelled "communications" wrong.
|
|
#807
 2004-04-10, 16:53
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by Mr47:
At 0300 Monday 12 apr 04 GMT
I will be embarking on a training mission. I will have minimal supplies e.g. a small back pack. I will be dropped off at a remote location deep in the country side. Transport won't return for 5 days so for 5 days I will have to surive. But also not only will I have to survive but this is mainly about training so I will be training extensively. I should set up camp in a forest about 1.5 miles from the
insertion zone. During my time there I also plan to explore and infiltrate some kind of docks controlled by the military it supplies oil to a PowerStation a few miles away via a pipeline.
I would have my digital camera and would be taking extensive recon and sualivance of the ficalty. If It's only a oil dock for the power station why is there military there
And why is there such a well secured perimeter.
I would have my NV scope naturally, and would be wearing olive drab and woodland camo BDU and cap and camo face paint.
Some of you will say this is bullshit and I will never do it, but I will, I have to, because if I don't, I won't survive.
I will report back on the op in a weeks time, that is if im not arrested or not in hospital.
I wont lie it will be hard and dangerous, I am worried, you see once I get dropped off I wont have any comunashions with any one for a week or so, and I will be all alone with none around in 3 miles.
Ps you might also say im crazy or stupid.But im not.
I will be back..soon...
[This message has been edited by Mr47 (edited 04-09-2004).] Regardless of whether you are full of it or not, the scenario is interesting enough. You should have at least taken some survival training before going out and praciticing it though. That's like a person who can't swim jumping into the ocean to practice, with only a lifevest a few yards away in unknown condition to save his ass.
|
|
#808
 2004-04-10, 17:08
|
Mr47 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote: Originally posted by Psychlonic:
You should have at least taken some survival training before going out and praciticing it though.
I do I have read books and practiced techniques in a controlled environment before.
So I'm confident I can do it.
But theres always a chance something could go wrong.
[This message has been edited by Mr47 (edited 04-10-2004).]
|
|
#809
 2004-04-10, 19:05
|
oogsmash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
im going to ignore the last page of spam and ask about where you guys started out doing night
ops. i went out last night and just sorta snuck around but i dont really know where i can go. there
arent any mines or anything like that really...theres a place with an ice rink and gym but i think
thats a little high level for a beginner. any suggestions would be awesome. and fuck arial, this is
an awesome thread.
|
|
#810
 2004-04-10, 20:09
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
quote:Originally posted by oogsmash:
im going to ignore the last page of spam and ask about where you guys started out doing night ops. i went out last night and just sorta snuck around but i dont really know where i can go. there arent any mines or anything like that really...theres a place with an ice rink and gym but i think thats a little high level for a beginner. any suggestions would be awesome. and fuck arial, this is an awesome thread. Abandoned areas would be a good start. Abandoned houses, warehouses, other business buildings, as well as construction sites are all good for getting your feet wet. If you live where there are lumber mills, those are awesome for night-ops although they are usually heavily illuminated and generally have security guards on duty. Still, they aren't that hard to navigate unnoticed.
|
|
#811
 2004-04-10, 20:20
|
pissedpat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I still think a good first op is houses under construction. Sure they are kinda boring but it gives
you a bit of a feel for what it feels like to be some where you are not supposed to be.
|
|
#812
 2004-04-10, 21:54
|
oogsmash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yeah....there arent too many of those around but i figure i can find something. thanks.
|
|
#813
 2004-04-11, 00:50
|
PoopMaster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Sounds kinda cool, dont break in youll get arrested but sneaking out and exploring like secret agents is kinda fun
|
|
#814
 2004-04-11, 09:38
|
Halogen 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Omgash infared watch out he's gonna get you!!!!!!
Anyways, my first op was in a construction area that had a few almose complete houses.
It was like 2 am in the morning, and some crazy drunk guy ran into a stop sign that night.. haha
|
|
#815
 2004-04-11, 16:24
|
oogsmash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
well, back on topic, i went around this big ol building thats like, a recreation center for the college.
and as i was walking around, just sorta practicing being quiet and two cars go flying by....so i
follow them and it appears that they were drag racing and the they all got dunk on a tennis court. i
dont think they saw me so mission accomplished!
|
|
#816
 2004-04-12, 00:06
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by ale0427:
INFARED WHY DON'T YOU AND YOUR WETBACK FAMILY GO BACK TO OLD MEXICO AND LEAVE THIS COUNTRY TO THE BROTHERS.CALL ME A NEO NAZI, I AM BLACK YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't shut the fuck up, I'm going to send your personal info from Blacksheep to every fucking KKK website/email/etc that I can find.
|
|
#817
 2004-04-12, 00:27
|
oogsmash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
^^please do it. damn cockbites with no empathy. narcisstic motherfuckers.
|
|
#818
 2004-04-12, 01:50
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
annnnd social order has now decayed to nothing..
|
|
#819
 2004-04-12, 02:55
|
chris haffey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
jesus christ why hasnt this retard been banned yet?
oogsmash
2004-04-12 04:11
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ale0427:
GOD DAMNED KIDS GET A FUCKING LIFE. YOU FRAKS EVER REALLY TRIED NIGHTIME OPS YOU'D GET SHOT why dont you enlighten us to your greatness then. im totally serious. lets hear a story about YOUR night ops.
|
|
#820
 2004-04-12, 20:43
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
alrite guys im new too this type of work, could some of the original people in this thread, like
infered, the real ones not that last gay spammer tell me some of the equipment id need to go on a
nite op
i looked at the begining of the thread but im looking for more of a place where to get all of this crap
[This message has been edited by DELTAtrooper13 (edited 04-12-2004).]
|
|
#821
 2004-04-12, 20:56
|
oogsmash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i like, JUST started, but i take pliers, swiss army knife, my benchmade 710, and good boots. it all
depends on what you want to do. all i do is wander around the neighborhood.
if you look in the beggining of this thread (first 5 pages or so) they talk about what they take. really, this thread is an invaluable resource for newbies like us...
|
|
#822
 2004-04-12, 21:11
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
you can try my Guide to Infiltration that's posted here on Totse. Click the "Bad Ideas" tab to your
left, then click "irresponsible activities", and scroll down a bit for "The Definitive Guide to
Infiltration", by yours truly. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#823
 2004-04-12, 21:16
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Infrared:
you can try my Guide to Infiltration that's posted here on Totse. Click the "Bad Ideas" tab to your left, then click "irresponsible activities", and scroll down a bit for "The Definitive Guide to Infiltration", by yours truly. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif that helped me but where do i get BDU's?
and by the way does rope help me any?
-DELTA
[This message has been edited by DELTAtrooper13 (edited 04-12-2004).]
|
|
#824
 2004-04-12, 21:21
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Rope is always good to have, and I got the BDU's from a local mil-surp store; you can check
around town for one, or go to www.cheaperthandirt.com and order some of theirs.
|
|
#825
 2004-04-12, 21:22
|
Infrared I will 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
DELTAtrooper13
2004-04-12 21:26
thanks ill have to check, any other advice you can give would be great thanks
-DELTA
|
|
#826
 2004-04-12, 23:00
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Try going to www.sportsmansguide.com for gear. It has some of the best priced equipment you can get. They also have their own brand line called Guide Gear which is built to specifications of more expensive products but at a lower price. The ECWS imitation stuff is pretty kick ass.
|
|
#827
 2004-04-13, 01:12
|
hype 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I recommend checking out eBay as well. You can get a whole shitload of tac stuff from there. Granted, I'd rather go to a local surplus shop and see the goods firsthand, but some people don't have access to those types of shops.
I need to get a new pick set. I completely lost track of mine. For my next op, I'll definitely need it. The house next to mine was bought by some crazy old man. He basically told the people to take all their 'personal effects', and to leave their furni and large electronics/appliances and he'll ship them out later. So the house is ripe for exploration.
For the sake of my conscious/eternal soul, I probably won't take anything, but the place is a fucking candystore right now. No one is living there. Going on recon tonight to find any weak entry points
Still haven't really done anything out of the ordinary.
|
|
#828
 2004-04-13, 01:34
|
fadmasterskoal 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
how do i keep quiet on creaky hardwood floors? is there anyway of doing this, cuz when i sneak back in(i go out my second floor window when i leave) it makes so much noise. anything i could do before or during...
|
|
#829
 2004-04-13, 01:39
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
how about you take your shoes off when you go across the floor, or put tape or something on the
bottom? i dont know if it would work you could try though
|
|
#830
 2004-04-13, 01:45
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hype:
I recommend checking out eBay as well. You can get a whole shitload of tac stuff from there. Granted, I'd rather go to a local surplus shop and see the goods firsthand, but some people don't have access to those types of shops.
I need to get a new pick set. I completely lost track of mine. For my next op, I'll definitely need it. The house next to mine was bought by some crazy old man. He basically told the people to take all their 'personal effects', and to leave their furni and large electronics/appliances and he'll ship them out later. So the house is ripe for exploration.
For the sake of my conscious/eternal soul, I probably won't take anything, but the place is a fucking candystore right now. No one is living there. Going on recon tonight to find any weak entry points
Still haven't really done anything out of the ordinary.
good luck, i dont have any of those types of places around here either mayb a few cities away ill check over my break
|
|
#831
 2004-04-13, 10:15
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey Infrared, like your hobbies, but when did you start the night ops scene? i started when i was
about..oh i'd say in 7th or 8th grade (im in 10th soon to be 11th now, oh joy)i normally wear a
black top, urban print BDU pants or woodland print depending on enviroment, and some M16 clip
pouches that i hacked away at with a pair of scissors so they have a nice little storage area for
flash lights..A question thats been killing me though, on average how much do you use NVG's?
and how helpful are they? (course it'd be 100% increase over nothing) cause i've considering
getting some, but then again, im ina really hilly foresty area (easy to get away but everything gets
knocked around in the process) how durable are they? cause if it gets to the point where i do
have to run, i dont want them breaking >=( sad to see that little kids who have nothing better to
do than ruin everyone elses time had to start ruining this thread =( otherwise nice thread =)and
how many peices are in your pick set? just to annoy you with another question =)i would read the
entire thread (gulp) but its like 3 AM here, and i got to go to school in 4 hours so im out
c2
(if anyone else has a pair NVG's please anwser the questions i asked, it'd help a lot, thanks)
|
|
#832
 2004-04-13, 10:56
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
from what ive heard they seem pretty useful, just get a good pair and they probably wont break,
they are ment for abuse and stuff, just get a hi-grade one im not the expert thats just my opinion
and those spammer, burn in hell
|
|
#833
 2004-04-13, 19:58
|
|
New Arrival
|
|
San Diego, Ca
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
A thousand posts needed, huh? I'm not going through 40 pages of this thread to see when that
idea came about but, eh, here's one to help out.
[edit] okay, so I got bored and thumbed through some of the earlier more intelligent posts on this thread and am really interested in these nighttime ops now. Any suggestions for a first time?
[This message has been edited by Unwyred (edited 04-13-2004).]
|
|
#834
 2004-04-13, 20:20
|
Florida Snow 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
why isn't ale just plain banned yet, I have yet to see him post something helpful...
Anyways; Infrared I think I read about you buying a nightvision monocular, Are they worth it and Do they have thermal vision built in? Would nightvision binoculars be a better idea?
|
|
#835
 2004-04-13, 20:51
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i dont think that that a night vision monucula has thermal capabalities, i dont know how it could,
the NVG alone are good
and for a first time op, just sneak around and see what your capabilites are its my guess but i dont know
|
|
#836
 2004-04-13, 23:21
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
no you really are, dont you have something better to do, like go and shoot yourself
|
|
#837
 2004-04-13, 23:27
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
He can get banned for multiple identities now, at least. Someone should let Zok know.
Unwyred
2004-04-14 00:02
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DELTAtrooper13:
i think you should get a life, or theres deffinitly some medication you can take..for your condition Oh hello again! What a pleasure it is to have you blathering again. What medication would you suggest? I'll give you a nice healthy dose of shut the fuck up.
Anywho, to all of you night ops people, I was wondering if you could link me any sites that have some of the equipment you use on them. We have this wierd cult around here and I was thinking about spying on them, possibly screwing with their heads. I'd like to get a pair of nightvision goggles but don't want to spend too terribly much on them.
|
|
#838
 2004-04-14, 00:09
|
Dr. Bint 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by arial2976:
I'LL KILL YOU BITCH We're shiting ourselves.
Please detail how you would go about doing this without getting caught. I've studied quite a few books & articles on the art of assassination and I'd like to hear what you have to say... I think it might go along the lines of "COM UP 2 U IN THE STREET AND KILL YOU FILTHY LITTLE BITCH"... but please, prove me wrong ifyou can.
And for fuck sake turn your caps lock key off. You're neither impressing nor scaring anyone.
Looking back a few pages I see you really are past the loonatic fringe... I'd go with "loonatic afro"...
Anyway... you tell us to get a life, when you sit posting 20 posts in a row all exactly the same? You actually sat there, waiting 66 seconds for the flood control to let you post again all those times?
You're a fucking joke.
[This message has been edited by Dr. Bint (edited 04-14-2004).]
|
|
#839
 2004-04-14, 00:13
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Unwyred:
Oh hello again! What a pleasure it is to have you blathering again. What medication would you suggest? I'll give you a nice healthy dose of shut the fuck up.
Anywho, to all of you night ops people, I was wondering if you could link me any sites that have some of the equipment you use on them. We have this wierd cult around here and I was thinking about spying on them, possibly screwing with their heads. I'd like to get a pair of nightvision goggles but don't want to spend too terribly much on them. were you talking to me?
on this part here Oh hello again! What a pleasure it is to have you blathering again. What medication would you suggest? I'll give you a nice healthy dose of shut the fuck up.
Edit: i read it wrong, i think...u were talking to the fag i was telling that too, i recomend suicide pills, do the world a favor
and on your question their, if you had it mind stuff like BDU's you can go to www.cheaperthandirt.com and search BDU's and other stuff that you need
-DELTA
[This message has been edited by DELTAtrooper13 (edited 04-14-2004).]
|
|
#840
 2004-04-14, 00:39
|
oogsmash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by arial2976:
HERE IS NUMER 999 AND 1000. GLAD I COULD HELP YOU LITTLE FAGGOTS GET THERE. ALMOST 35% OF THIS THREAD IS SPAM. 35%? wow. thank god he knows how to do math. or something...
|
|
#841
 2004-04-14, 03:42
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by :
FILTHY LITTLE DOUCHEBAGS YOU ARE A BUNCH OF LOSERS. COME AND GET ME IN SAN MARCOS. I was thinking more along the lines of just your pancreas. Along with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
|
|
#842
 2004-04-14, 04:22
|
oogsmash 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
holy crap thats awesome. i love you mods. thank you for deleting all his posts. THANK YOU.
anyway, theres this house thats in this area of dark, like, between street lamps that are out kinda thing. the thing is that there was a fire in it a year or two ago so im wondering about the structural integrity. it seems to mostly be on one half of the house so maybe i can just stay away from that side? what do you guys think? should i go for it?
|
|
#843
 2004-04-14, 04:39
|
|
New Arrival
|
|
San Diego, Ca
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DELTAtrooper13:
i read it wrong, i think...u were talking to the fag i was telling that too, i recomend suicide pills, do the world a favor
Yea, it was to the other person, it's hard to talk to anyone on here with people like them clogging everything up. Sorry for the mix up and thanks for the link.
|
|
#844
 2004-04-14, 04:47
|
micho 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Has anyone done a night op in a school?
|
|
#845
 2004-04-14, 04:54
|
Dangermouse 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by micho:
Has anyone done a night op in a school?
Once upon a time, i don't wanna go there though.
|
|
#846
 2004-04-14, 19:51
|
DELTAtrooper13 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Unwyred:
Yea, it was to the other person, it's hard to talk to anyone on here with people like them clogging everything up. Sorry for the mix up and thanks for the link. Alrite i got that straigtend out, and ur welcome for the site and on another note PRAISE THE LORD THAT ALL OF THAT FAGS POSTS WERE DELETED
|
|
#847
 2004-04-14, 20:18
|
XxSoulCriminalxX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Can any1 believe how long this post has become? I say we put it out of its misery.
|
|
#848
 2004-04-14, 21:25
|
The Sex Turnip 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by evilduck:
There is that http://www.multimap.com/
It's not bad, and you can get the aerial photo with a layover of the streets and stuff. It probably works easier than ftp servers and whatnot, although the quality is pretty poor. Thanks
|
|
#849
 2004-04-19, 17:52
|
innight 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Heh im pretty good at urban warfare! ive been stuck on the streets before, and i would have hiding places for my belonging's!
during night time you can go around with a bbgun and break windows. it's fun trust me lol.
[This message has been edited by innight (edited 04-19-2004).]
|
|
#850
 2004-04-20, 01:10
|
0Monkey00Monkey0 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I have a question. Don't know if it has already been asked and i'm not gonna look through this whole damn post to find it.
Does/Has anyone video recorded they're night-ops experiences? When my friend and I get enough money, we will record ours and try to post it here.
|
|
#851
 2004-04-20, 01:28
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
sure, make it easy for the cops if you are caught. Still, it would be pretty cool. Hide anything that could identify you on the video
|
|
#852
 2004-04-20, 22:44
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i didn't know that, thank you
|
|
#853
 2004-04-20, 22:57
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cheeseduck:
NO, lets fucking stop it at 999
i wonder who is 666 Suck my monster cock of doom twat waffle.
|
|
#854
 2004-04-20, 23:11
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
what do you expect from a quetion like that? a pat on the back?
|
|
#855
 2004-04-21, 23:41
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Hey phred...yer thred is dying. You better go on a nite op and bring us back a nice story to tell. Break into an old-folks home while wearing a pink tutu and pirate eye patch and steal all their bedpans or something.
|
|
#856
 2004-04-23, 12:15
|
matty4522 I 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
refuse to let this thread die
|
|
#857
 2004-04-23, 12:16
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Come on thread....CLEAR
Thump
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
CLEAR
THUMP
Beep beep beep
whoo that was a close one!
|
|
#858
 2004-04-23, 12:18
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
haha Fuckers back ontop!!
I FUCKING HATE THIS THING!
Sorry! We have flood-control activated. You cannot post within 66 seconds of your last post. Please try again after this period of time elapses.
|
|
#859
 2004-04-23, 12:21
|
matty4522 20 to go 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Devoting my time to Make 1000
[This message has been edited by matty4522 (edited 04-23-2004).]
|
|
#860
 2004-04-23, 12:24
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
My weiner has a first name its:
|
|
#861
 2004-04-23, 12:28
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You Know it sing along!!
My Weiner has a second name its:
|
|
#862
 2004-04-23, 12:29
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
YAY THATS ALL I KNOW
Again!! 1 2 3 4
MYYYYY NVM
Hmmm Things to post about....I stayed up allnight last night!! It Was kool!
|
|
#863
 2004-04-23, 12:31
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ok Only 14 Left!!
WE CAN DO IT TOTSEANS!
HELP ME OUT
FLOOD CONTROL BLOWS
SHUT IT OFF
SHUT IT OFF
|
|
#864
 2004-04-23, 12:34
|
matty4522 13 left 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
SHUT IT OFF
SHUT IT OFF
|
|
#865
 2004-04-23, 12:36
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
hmm hmm hmm
lalala
lalala
hmm hmm hmm
What a shitty way to make 1000 huh? With Matty4522!!
|
|
#866
 2004-04-23, 12:47
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
6
|
|
#867
 2004-04-23, 12:55
|
matty4522 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
1001 I did it! HA
|
|
#868
 2004-04-24, 18:23
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
it seems that night ops has become a miniature bitch and boan/SG. stop replying to off topic posts
to practice what i preach
Lately this thing has been bugging me. There is this houseing develpment going up about 3/4 a mile from my house. They have their spiffy flags and signs and everything. I have wanted a flag and possibly the pole for a long time, not to mention explore the place. Tonight i think that i will go there and grab one.
I may look at the model houses also. They have built the five styles that they are going to make and filled them with furniture, fake food, and stuff like that. Last night my friend opened the garage door and walked inside. When he opened the door this alarm went off. we ran to my car and left. do you think this really called the police? All of the bottom doors and windows are locked, but there are a few open windows on the second story. I think that I may try to get in.
the way i see it, there are three ways in.
1.climp onto the roof and go in that way
2.find a ladder(it is a construction site)
3.bring a rope and a grapling hook and climp up that way
i think that i will try in that order.
questions
1.if i were to enter the house through an open window, do you think that any alarms would be set off?
2.the alarms that those places usually have, are they hooked up to a place that calls the cops or do they just make noise?
3.those office things, the trailors that are all nice and have the info about the houses. What alarms do they have, and what is in there? I am hoping flatscreen moniter.
4.the way there is all roads. should i hide if i were hear a car, or just keep walking. it would be like 1:00am. If hide, the ditch and a driveway?
p.s. I don't have to be silent. Nothing would be heard other then a gunshot or a loud board falling from two stories.
|
|
#869
 2004-04-25, 01:38
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by n0s-man:
Is ale's only mission in life to kill blacksheep along with this thread? No...I remember reading one of his posts in another thread about how he wanted to be raped by a gang of hairy hells angels while wearing a pretty pink dress and screaming 'Daddy...Ive been a
baaaad girl...spank me harder.'
|
|
#870
 2004-04-25, 04:52
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Cheeseduck: First try climbing, then try the grap hook, then the ladder. The reason is because in
order to use a ladder, you'd have to disturb things and make noise, and risk leaving traces. Try
climbing silently or grappling up, first.
|
|
#871
 2004-04-25, 06:11
|
ale0427 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Infinity, I did in fact kill blacksheep. I only intended to harm the little bitch, but that's life. Chris
haffey is next!
|
|
#872
 2004-04-25, 07:05
|
Dagger6916 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
#1021 http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#873
 2004-04-25, 08:25
|
Vampire Archimiel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by infinityshock:
I suggest everyone do a night-op over at ales place. Tie his little girly self up and gang rape him. With no lube. For what, he'd just enjoy it.
|
|
#874
 2004-04-25, 13:00
|
met_B_A_N_S 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
There is a longer one, it is the PRRT thread in BB. They aren't stupid, and they archive it once the thread starts stretching the screen. Just like you should.
EDIT: The whole thread is 113 pages long.
[This message has been edited by met_B_A_N_S (edited 04-25-2004).]
|
|
#875
 2004-04-25, 18:50
|
met_B_A_N_S 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Here is a good tool, Aerial Photos Even though many of these are black and white, you can locate safe routes and service roads that can use.
|
|
#876
 2004-04-25, 18:58
|
Eos 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boopboop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boopboop-boop-boop-boop- boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop
alright... microwave set to 999,999,999...
full roll of crumpled aluminum foil inside...
boop...
|
|
#877
 2004-04-25, 21:34
|
SunAndSteel25 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
lets see how long this post can go on
BUMP guys!
BUMP
|
|
#878
 2004-04-26, 03:07
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by ale0427:
Infinity, I did in fact kill blacksheep. I only intended to harm the little bitch, but that's life. Chris haffey is next! All that rough sex cant be good for you. Maybe you should move up to farm animals. Or are you already intimately familiar with that practice?
|
|
#879
 2004-04-26, 03:54
|
Keriba 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Good lord, this thread has 1029 (well, 1030 now) posts on it. Is that a record?
|
|
#880
 2004-04-26, 05:36
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
terra server isn't that great, the pics are from 1991 in my area. Many houses have been built. http://www.mapmart.com/AerialPhotography/Aerial.htm
color photos, recent, easy to use, nice.
|
|
#881
 2004-04-26, 19:37
|
momat94 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
yeah there was me thinkin this was long then i found "on the bus" in b&m
|
|
#882
 2004-04-26, 19:44
|
ale0427 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Chris haffey is a piece of shit that should be killed
|
|
#883
 2004-04-26, 20:32
|
n0s-man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
That is the opinion of everyone here about you
|
|
#884
 2004-04-26, 22:23
|
NumB-nUTz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
ale0427 you are a retard and nobody likes you - go home bitch
blacksheep owned your sorry ass
|
|
#885
 2004-04-27, 01:54
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
leave him alone, he will die out faster then your grandmother in a assisted living home
|
|
#886
 2004-04-27, 03:14
|
RagingPussy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Could someone please post an op? Im sick of this "OMGz0rs!!!11!! 1000 p0stz0rs?!?!?!?!!!?! 11///1/1/1?!?! th4ts 1337!!!11!11!111!11111111111" shit. I have nothing to share, but surely some of you do.
-rage
|
|
#887
 2004-04-27, 04:43
|
Blow5hitUp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Uh... I donno i anyone still looks at this but the other night me and two friends went out to TP, but instead we went up to a roof of a school near to my house and drunk a beer of two. Than, we
took a few of those clay shingle things off of the roof and walked over to a differant school. We put the shingels in teh street then went up onto the roof of the school and threw eggs at the cars that drove by until the shingles were destroyed. Then i went home... I donno if this is considered night ops or not, it was at night, but whetevr.
|
|
#888
 2004-04-28, 19:23
|
rmd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
you know....if you put a cd in a microwave, it makes purty sparks. oh, and also a lightbulb http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#889
 2004-04-29, 22:44
|
DXM man 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I don't think anyone reads this anymore, but anyways, I wanna sneak out, but my stairs are
REALLY creekey, and my parents room is at the top of the stairs, well anyways, my window
opens up to a long roof lower than my house roof, and I know I could jump off it without getting
hurt, but, is there a way of my getting up without a loud ladder. Or, is there a good way to sneak
down creekey stairs, cuz then I can just go out the door.
|
|
#890
 2004-04-30, 03:19
|
CarbonB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Slide down the hand rail, but don't crush your balls.
|
|
#891
 2004-04-30, 04:10
|
shadowatcher 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Or you could walk closer to the wall. Sometimes it helps.
Just jump out the fucking window. Pussy.
|
|
#892
 2004-04-30, 05:02
|
reo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is probally the stupid thing ever. But my and a friend one night went out and an op and we though to brig our paintball guns, so we got all gear we both had on full came bdu, assault vest, and and militay ski masks. We went to a nebiorhood far away. Pick some house, we jumped the fence and made our way for the backdoor. My freind picks the lock and we go in. we are sneaking around down stair and we see the son of the owner of the house me luckly the lights are off and he is in the kikten. So than me and my friend both tack him with paintball and run and the back door. Luckliy we got back wit out a trace
|
|
#893
 2004-04-30, 23:13
|
dizztrezzed 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Holy shit! This thread is gonna get archived!
Anyways, my neighborhood is well patrolled by the pigs. It's very hard to go out at night and not get noticed when you wear all black and try to hide in the shadows. So usually I just wear jeans, tshirt, carry what I can in my pocket and walk out in the open. There's a shitload of apartment buildings here too, so a person can just climb up and enter through the balconies. Sliding doors are easier to open than going through a window or picking the front door lock. Equipment of choice: 2 mini mag-lights, picks, jimmy or jack-handle, and a switchblade. Lots of fun.
|
|
#894
 2004-04-30, 23:33
|
NumB-nUTz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by dizztrezzed:
Holy shit! This thread is gonna get archived!
Anyways, my neighborhood is well patrolled by the pigs. It's very hard to go out at night and not get noticed when you wear all black and try to hide in the shadows. So usually I just wear jeans, tshirt, carry what I can in my pocket and walk out in the open. There's a shitload of apartment buildings here too, so a person can just climb up and enter through the balconies. Sliding doors are easier to open than going through a window or picking the front door lock. Equipment of choice: 2 mini mag-lights, picks, jimmy or jack-handle, and a switchblade. Lots of fun. but you have to admit - its dam fun getting dressed up for a proper little "missioN"
SARDONICPILLOW 2004-05-01 02:40 looks like this thread is going to need to be cleaned out again pretty soon
|
|
#895
 2004-05-01, 04:41
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by cheeseduck:
i known this isn't quite a night op, but still...
DAVE went with friends to a closed down junkyard to get some parts. there were 3 cars, 6 people. they parked down the road in a abondoned driveway. dave and his friend got there 20mins before others. they looked around and collected some stuff. then dave;s friend thought he heard sombody and runs full speed to dave, and they ducked under cars. dave had a butterfly knife, and that was it. this is frightening and exerting(EDIT: typo, i was tired), reminded me of the stories on this post. nobody came. dave's friends show up. they all looked, and the others broke into the office. dave left. 5-10 mins after that the cops came up, dave's friends ran and hide in neighborhoods but were caught, may get a felony if owner presses charges, dave is clean.
[This message has been edited by cheeseduck (edited 03-24-2004).]
Update on what happened Dave's buddies.
One of them got a call from the sheriff. Before Dave went to the junkyard, the place was sold to a couple involved with the Russian Mafia, and the night we went there the husband was murdered by hanging. The wife is now using the court to blackmail Dave's friends. The cops say that she will not press charges if they buy a new gate there that is expensive, and present it at an award ceremony thing and then install it.
Their parents don't want them to be involved with the mafia, but I think it would be interesting to meet them
|
|
#896
 2004-05-01, 21:06
|
NumB-nUTz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Phew that was close - the thread went on the second page! omg! lol jk
anyway Im decked out in my gear for a bit of exporing. Ive been hearing some weird animal like noises I cant really describe properly and something put a hole in my garage. SO anyway Im off with my knife to try find what it was. I postsed some shit about this in that sciences of the dammed board or whatever its called. Lol i cant actualy remember what its called - dam thats embarassing.
|
|
#897
 2004-05-02, 02:32
|
Lundmark 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
This is now offcially Infrared's forum. It has more posts then Radio Free Amerika.
|
|
#898
 2004-05-02, 20:42
|
eagle17 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lundmark:
This is now offcially Infrared's forum. It has more posts then Radio Free Amerika. what a suprise.
|
|
#899
 2004-05-03, 04:34
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Ale, i know where you live. <A
HREF="http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v171/twotwo2/CVO1DCUGcysYSN3scpwqpu4TZe zm-VVMi100218PM.gif">http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v171/twotwo2/CVO1DCUGcysYSN3s cpwqpu4TZezm--VVMi100218PM.gif" width="90" height="90</A>
look farmiliar?
Hannibal, correct?
|
|
#900
 2004-05-03, 23:43
|
ale0427 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Cheese I've said before I have no beef with you. Also the idiots who post information based on
missouri addresses are thousands of miles off.
You may think I am a fool, but trust me if anyone really had my address I would be much more concerned.
|
|
#901
 2004-05-04, 00:49
|
chessmaster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I know ale's info and he is nowhere near missouri. I will give it to anyone who emails me at cbrasher3@aol.com
|
|
#902
 2004-05-04, 01:05
|
chessmaster 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I may get into trouble with the mods, but here is ale's real info. ( this guy is in college if you can beleive that)
He is:
Travis Puckett
512-392-7905
800 n lbj drive
san marcos, tx 78666
|
|
#903
 2004-05-04, 01:11
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I don't have beef with you either, I just wanted to see if I had your house. Like I am going to drive from washington to missouri to "beat you up" or whatever.
one question
How did you know that the address is missouri? I never said missouri. Did i catch you in a lie? explain please.
|
|
#904
 2004-05-04, 01:13
|
ale0427 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I am afraid that chessmaster has just posted my address. All except the apartment number. Now I
am a bit concerned. We'll see if anyone calls or if they just run their mouths. This could get tough.
|
|
#905
 2004-05-04, 01:34
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
You lie. You forgot to address my question. How did you know that the pic I gave you was from Missouri?? Tell your clone to stop faking the address.
|
|
#906
 2004-05-04, 02:07
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
God Dammit! This is not a where does Ale live thread! Cheeseduck, I hope you do find it, but we
dont need everyone else coming back and posting where they think he lives.
Chessmaster/Ale/Chad, shut the fuck up and get out. For those who dont know, Ale and
Chessmaster have the same IP addresses. Sounds like this person is an enemy to Ale, which
means he is a friend to me. But seriously, ENOUGH WITH ALE AND HIS CRAP!
|
|
#907
 2004-05-04, 02:50
|
infinityshock 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
sounds more like a lovers spat to me. Maybe one or the other of them has another boyfriend on the side and they are airing their hostilities for our entertainment.
|
|
#908
 2004-05-04, 04:46
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
ALE, MWAHAHAHAHA UR DEAD SUCKA!!!
|
|
#909
 2004-05-04, 18:05
|
Vampire Archimiel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Fuck Ale, everyone knows he only got into college through the Special Ed program.
Back to topic, I haven't done any real Night Ops missions yet, but I've been wanting to really bad. I was thinking of ordering the BDU jacket and pants from www.cheaperthandirt.com and getting one of their ski masks while I was at it.
|
|
#910
 2004-05-04, 18:41
|
shamirrules 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Once again ales info is:
Travis Puckett
512-392-7905
800 n lbj drive
san marcos tx 78666
|
|
#911
 2004-05-06, 02:47
|
Un Perdedor 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I kind of went on a mini-op tonight. I was just in my front yard, peering at other people across the street.
It's kind of hard where im at, cause theres a tractor store at the place behind mine, and they've got lights there that light up the neighborhood, but im sure ill think of something.
I need to get some stuff:
-Blue BDU pants
-Blue sweatshirt (Im thinking about the sweatshirt b/c it might be easier to blend in w/ the public if the shit hits the fan)
-This vest: http://www.imsplus.com/ims67b.html
-A good pair of binocs (any recomendations?)
-Magnum Stealth Boots
-Eventually, a NV monocular.
|
|
#912
 2004-05-06, 03:23
|
matticus66 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
im looking for like 3 other people to come pull off night ops around where i live.
if you live in calvert county maryland, IM me - matticus66
im also looking for some where i can get an air gun without having to be 21 to get it, any help?
[This message has been edited by matticus66 (edited 05-06-2004).]
|
|
#913
 2004-05-06, 05:31
|
Loc Dogg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Night-Op Report! BLING!
I put on my new night-op outfit:
black pants, black jacket with extra layers of black material sewn onto the knees and elbows, a blak long sleeve shirt wrapped around my head like on the REALULTIMATEPOWER site and my Tabi Boots. I got my binoculars and torch too, but I left the katana on the rack this time.
I snuck out of the house at midnight. I quietly ran through front yards to avoid going under street lights. I ran down the street and inspected some houses which had easy side access to their backyards. I found a mad house I had spotted the day before. There were no floodlights, and there was a straight path to their backyard. I used my binoculars to check if there was anyone looking from both sides of the road. I crept around the house trying to avoid the dead leaves on the ground which would make a loud noise if stepped on. I kept walking and I peeked around the side of the house to see if there was a floodlight at the back. None. I checked to see if there were a quick escape over a fence. None. I got down on my stomach and crawled past the steps. Nolights were on in the house. I saw a small white shed. I crawled over to it and inspected it. It had a padlock, but luckily it wasn't locked through the thread which connects the door to the shed. I quietly slid open the shed door and went inside. I turned on my torch to see what was inside. Mostly tools. Shovels, picks, hatchets, clippers, pitchfork etc. There were some items of value, such as a whipper snipper, chainsaw and an array of disc grinders. Sports equipment like basketballs and tennis racquets were messily stacked on a pile in the corner.
I turned off my torch and stuck my head out to see if anyone was there. Nobody. I crept out of the shed and closed the door. I got back on my stomach and crawled across the steps. I got up and crept around the house, but I saw a car with three people across the street. If I had kept walking I would have been seen. I peddled back and tried to find another way out.
I could jump the fence, but that wouldn't get me out, just into another yard. I had no choice. I climbed over the fence, and checked to see if anyone had noticed. Nothing. I crept across this yard which was bare, except for a swingset, when a floodlight went off. FUCK. I ran and hopped the fence on the other side of the yard. Another backyard. I kept running across yards until I had passed over 17 fences in total. I had finally reached a street. I ran through bushes to avoid streetlights. I ran back home, but the car with those three dudes was still on my side of the street. I decided to sneak past them, ninja style. I quietly crept through the darkness of front yards. I kept going, and they didn't notice me.
As I got far from them, I ran all the way home, and completed my night-op.
|
|
#914
 2004-05-06, 09:31
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I might be going on a minor op soon. I think later tonight I'll do a preliminary run to check things out and see what I'll need to take along.
For the recon I'm not taking jack shit, well, prehaps a pocket knife and lighter since they're already on me. I'll be dressed in my usual woodland camo, 3Ds are staying home this time. I think I'll do that now as a matter of fact and explain how it went when I get back. I gotta make a new line to get out of my room anyhow.
A-tuin 2004-05-06 11:19 holy shit dudes (n00b)
ive been thinking about this sort of thing for fucking ages man! i cant believe i found a bunch of people who are into the same shit. ok heres my situation. im 17 in england and i live with my parents. i really wanna do some night ops (omg i cant believe you have to be 21 in US to buy and air rifle rofl!!) i gotta a air rifle and im gonna saw off the butt and paint the stock black. ive already made some handy tranquilizer darts as i have a load of brand new syringes around the house for my condition (migraine) the only problem is that i cant get hold of any proper tranq. ive got em filled 2mg of horse tranq and saline. i havent used em yet cause im shit scared of accidently killing someone.
i really need to get my hands on a lock p-ic set as i have loads of opertunities to look around factories and stuff. ive only been out 4 times at around about 2oclock in the morning. its pretty good but theres a load of fuckin dogs roaming around (i think im gonna dart one and see wot happens.) ive got a nice pair of steel toed boots, and black joggers and sleeved black t-shirt. ive got dark hair too which helps. another problem is getting out of the house without being detected. my parents wake up at the slightest noise and i nearly got busted when i was 15 going out for a spliff at 3 in the morning (insomniac). i wanna get some grappling hooks and some throwing stars in case of a chase. i think im gonna go op tonight and look around my estate. sometimes i just like to sit in a tree or bush and watch the environment. im really amazing at making owl noises with my hands of varying pitch and depth. i like to confuse the late night drunks by hooting near them then sneakin away and hooting again. i really am going to get into it fully and learn all the secrets of stealthy approaches and hiding, great thread guys. really inspiring
|
|
#915
 2004-05-06, 11:44
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
ARGH! The operation turned out to be incredibly stupid. I ended up tossing the initial grappling idea and just walking across my roof and climbing down via our oil tank (for heater stove).
Once I got down I hoppped over our fence and into a field from which I headed towards a cluster of trees. From there, I started towards my objective. That's when I started wishing I hadn't been so haphazard about this...
For starters, the field was wet and full of muddy holes, which I'd occassionally step right into, getting my shoe wet. I didn't wear my usual boots for the occassion at all. These shoes weren't waterproof either *sigh*...
Second, since the moon is out full, I stuck out like a sore thumb. I had to constantly stay in the shadows incase someone threw the spotlight into the field. No curling up in the grass tonight!
Third, there were a bunch of fucking cows in the field. They made a point to notice me and run around creating a huge ruckus whenever possible, fucking my op in the ass.
Somehow, I managed to get past the last two problems, and kept in the shadows avoiding the problems of the first. I reached a subpoint where I planned to scout my target further, when a dog from my target started barking... LOUD!
I sat there and waited, but the piece of shit just would not shut the fuck up! Then I saw it coming at me. I thought it was gonna rush me, but I was ready for this asshole. I quickly wrapped my left arm in my coat and wielded my field knife in that hand. In my other hand was my stun gun (yes, I did end up bringing better equipment along).
Well, the fucker just sat at a distance and barked. Since this was preliminary, I wasn't about to stir up shit so I withdrew. ALL the way back to my original cluster of trees, I could still hear that dog barking. On top of that, MY dog was barking. Then I heard it...
No. Fucking. Way.
The other way, there's only one house close by, which has a dog. It was barking. That same house is also 1 mile away...
*sigh again*
So I was like "fuck this, I'll do it some other time when conditions are better.", climed back into my room, and now here I sit giving a report.
It wasn't a total waste of time though. I found a couple EXCELLENT hide out areas. I'm also going to throw on my waders next time, and take a bigger arc to reach my target. This time I'll hit the opposite side of it. That's it, the end. Shitty eh?
.... damn dog's lucky I didn't charge it and fuck it up.
|
|
#916
 2004-05-06, 12:40
|
ftwchriso hey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i like the idea of night time ops. now i am not going to read the 43 pages or whatever. so this is what i have gathered.
you sneek into someones yard, explore, then leave?
dont flame me please. i just asked a quiestion
|
|
#917
 2004-05-06, 13:39
|
fozza 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
why dont you nightime opps fellas take a video camera with you? then u could put it up on here so we could watch it. much easier than reading 200+ words.
|
|
#918
 2004-05-06, 13:51
|
ftwchriso hey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i like the idea of night time ops. now i am not going to read the 43 pages or whatever. so this is what i have gathered.
you sneek into someones yard, explore, then leave?
dont flame me please. i just asked a quiestion
|
|
#919
 2004-05-06, 16:13
|
casperc 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Fuck this i just dont know this bitch is driving me crazy on my mind 24/7 cant forget her cant
belive i fucked it up with her gotta get her back,dont know what the fuck to do shit i hate this ime
such a pussy gotta phone her gotta do somethink fuzz wuzz i hate feeling like this she hates me
now dont even talk to me ignore my emails god damn,ime so lucky i dident fall in love with her
that would have killed me couldent take that never gonna cry,never be shy,never nervous never
quiet everythink life is for me living all that shit im gonna do it all dont forget i was here allways
and forever im the one u love dont forget me please dont forget the magic green paper i dont
wont hate ya love you always and forever the one and only is me so whatever ime outta here
forget this soon forget this never
|
|
#920
 2004-05-06, 20:43
|
Run Screaming 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Jeez, just join the Army and you'll get as much of this shit as you can stand.
|
|
#921
 2004-05-06, 23:05
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Originally posted by ftwchriso:
hey guys.
i like the idea of night time ops. now i am not going to read the 43 pages or whatever. so this is what i have gathered.
you sneek into someones yard, explore, then leave?
dont flame me please. i just asked a quiestion it depends on the person will depend on what they do, some just explore and go around abandoned places for the hell of it cause we can, other go sneak out, do some damage then retun cause we can..like i said it completely depends on the person and what their motives are..
c2
|
|
#922
 2004-05-07, 00:19
|
ftwchriso 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i have a great idea to get an idea of what the persons yard, house looks like.
okay, throw a ball into thier backyard, go over and look as inncocent as you can and ask if you could go and get it. then you can see if they have dogs, lights, big windows etc.
what do you think?>
|
|
#923
 2004-05-07, 02:05
|
RagingPussy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I just took a walk reconning my neighborhood in the daylight for some shit to do tonight. There's this house I am dying to check out. They have all these exotic animals in cages in their yard and crap. Living in the house are these 2 mexican dudes who are total gun nuts and rarely show their faces. I used to toke with them a bit but we aren't very cool anymore. I would love to see whats up, but they are up at crazy hours of the night (not like I'm not, but I usually dont expect others to be) Is this op too dangerous for someone whos been on maybe 15 minutes of op?
Is Red ever in this thread anymore?
-rage
|
|
#924
 2004-05-07, 06:24
|
TrikRacer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Raging, I would say not to go.. because if he has animals they are likely to make noise, and they
have guns when they come to check what is it. They are Mexican so they shoot then ask
questions later, oh wait they don't ask questions they take your wallet.
PS. I'm part mexican so I can crack jokes.
[This message has been edited by TrikRacer (edited 05-07-2004).]
|
|
#925
 2004-05-07, 09:12
|
ftwchriso 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
have a great idea to get an idea of what the persons yard, house looks like.
okay, throw a ball into thier backyard, go over and look as inncocent as you can and ask if you could go and get it. then you can see if they have dogs, lights, big windows etc.
what do you think?
AGruntsJaggon
2004-05-08 06:59
I'm planning a huge night-op/revenge mission for this summer, in which I recon 3 houses, and
then execute my revenge on them. Its gonna be huge because these people really pissed me off,
I gave them chances but they kept going. Also my neighbor called the cops on me too much just
for shooting off a paintball gun, so I'm gunna have a little fun with them at night, like pounding on
their window while their watching TV. More to come later in the year.
|
|
#926
 2004-05-08, 08:23
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
If you shoot them with paintballs guess who they are going to suspect.
Cool though
|
|
#927
 2004-05-08, 19:51
|
NumB-nUTz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I got 4 friends over an we are already getting our gear ready for a big night-op. We have black clothes, sneakers, blackened knives, black rope, 1 grappling hook thingy and a mag-lite each.
Should be a good night http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#928
 2004-05-09, 08:51
|
Snitzel 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Well, i'm bored, it's 3:50am, and I woke up about 2 hours ago...
I recently got a BB gun and want some aiming practice...I think i'm gonna bring it out on a nightop mission and shoot some lights out.
Why? I dunno. When boredom over-comes one, one can do many a thing.
|
|
#929
 2004-05-10, 01:43
|
RagingPussy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
MMkay, remember when I explained my op I wanted to do with the mexicans? Well, here's what went down. I headed from backyard to backyard effortlessly until I was one from their house. I made a bit of a camp in the bushes of the backyard I was in, and I ventured into the Mexican's yard. You would not believe some of the shit i saw. Their back porch light was on, so I could sort of see what was going on. There were all these really bizaare exotic looking birds, like parrots and these really pretty ones with big ass tails (think peacock but different) and all these pidgeons of every pattern and look you could imagine, not to mention some uncaged owls and shit. There was this solitary cage in the corner I saw, and inside was some animal about the size of a large dog, but circled it's cage in a catlike manner. I think it might have been like a lion or some shit, I couldn't see any details, just a silhousette. I spotted this big fatty shotgun with a pump on this little table on their porch and got pretty freaked out. I don't know shit about guns, I wish I could explain it to you a little better. For Army of Darkness fans, it resembled Ash's gun muchly. Well as I was searching around a little more, I half tripped on some wire or something on the ground and it made a little noise. Suddenly I heard a howl like something from the depths of hell and this HUGE motherfucking dog started chasing me. It bit onto my boot, but I kicked it in the chest before it did pretty much any damage. I had my knife out ready to shank it in the head, but all the other animals were already making a racket, and I was scared shitless that I'd be on the business end of that shotgun. So I jumped over the fence and waited in my little base for what seemed like hours, but was probably a few minutes. So that was my op, which I admit I was definately not experienced enough to do yet. Any questions you have i woul love to answer. Oh and this chick jsut moved up my block (she is fiiine) and I think I might bring her along sometime. If anyone has any experience with ops with others, tell me bout it.
-rage
|
|
#930
 2004-05-10, 05:10
|
SgtRhoruns 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
i am semi-experianced in ops, as i have ventured throughout my neighborhood network.
several things you probly should have done, is bring a friend or too, and also remember to be
more quiet when walking on unfamiliar grounds. a camera would have been good, for taking pictures of the captives.
|
|
#931
 2004-05-11, 06:49
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rabbihunter:
if any one needs any help with their strategies for nightime-ops, let me know...im really really good at coming up with flawless precision strategies that are sure to get you the results you want w/ all the satisfaction and NO FUCKING JAIL TIME!!!!!!!!!!
Only $19.95!!!
c2
|
|
#932
 2004-05-12, 18:02
|
col_sniffles 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
if you were concerned with protection and stealth try a blow gun you can get a nice one for about 30.00 very quiet and you can get various types of darts for whatever suits your needs you could also find some sort of fast acting tranq it would be pretty funny to sneek up on someone and tranq them or a dog perhaps tranq it and put it in the house or some random obvious place so that it could be found of course
|
|
#933
 2004-05-12, 18:21
|
col_sniffles 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
if you were concerned with protection and stealth try a blow gun you can get a nice one for about 30.00 very quiet and you can get various types of darts for whatever suits your needs you could also find some sort of fast acting tranq it would be pretty funny to sneek up on someone and tranq them or a dog perhaps tranq it and put it in the house or some random obvious place so that it could be found of course
|
|
#934
 2004-05-14, 21:28
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
My night vision is really starting to develop. I go on some sort of exploration nearly every night now, and I must say that my ability to get onto most rooftops is sharpening to a fine point.
Since I live 1 mile out of town, I can get experience in both rural and urban ops which is cool. Getting into town from my place can be hard, since the outskirt houses seem to have a lot of dogs.
Living when most people go to sleep is great stuff!
|
|
#935
 2004-05-15, 02:07
|
tingtonger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just found a mag that some of you might find interesting. I haven't got a copy, but it was
advertised in the back of my latest 2600. Here's the ad:
Real World Hacking:
Interested in rooftops, steam tunnels, and the like? For a copy of Infiltration, the zine about going places you're not supposed to go, send 3$ cash to
PO Box 13
Station E
Toronto, Ontario
M6H 4E1
Canada
For only three bucks, I'm probably just gonna see how it looks. If anyone gets a copy, please post how it looks.
|
|
#936
 2004-05-17, 23:13
|
TeleTHUG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I am also new and started reading your email and noticed you sound and write like someone I know in New Mexico...Im not doubting what you have written but are you Male?...You sound otherwise...Maybe it's your proper writting skills..or the fasination of the story you tell...It's a story...People in New Mexico would see you outside 80 percent of the evenings...The moon in New Mexico is like lighting a flashlite under your covers...So if you are a male Im sorry...If female hi long time no see... And if it's not a story I am putting a team together..I Did my job and left...Thug's were closing in but they as always were to busy talking about themselves.
Either way I would like to talk to you M or F about your interest in firearms....We have the same interests in the field...We also almost sure know some of the same people....Red and company will always be at my call...for I am the only THUG......Tele.
Swatmeth@yahoo.com
rg
|
|
#937
 2004-05-18, 04:12
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TeleTHUG:
I am also new and started reading your email and noticed you sound and write like someone I know in New Mexico...Im not doubting what you have written but are you Male?...You sound otherwise...Maybe it's your proper writting skills..or the fasination of the story you tell...It's a story...People in New Mexico would see you outside 80 percent of the evenings...The moon in New Mexico is like lighting a flashlite under your covers...So if you are a male Im sorry...If female hi long time no see... And if it's not a story I am putting a team together..I Did my job and left...Thug's were closing in but they as always were to busy talking about themselves.
Either way I would like to talk to you M or F about your interest in firearms....We have the same interests in the field...We also almost sure know some of the same people....Red and company will always be at my call...for I am the only THUG......Tele.
Swatmeth@yahoo.com
rg I'm sorry, I dont live in New Mexico. In fact, I've never even been there!
PS. Since you did not say who you were talking to, I must assume you were talking to me.
|
|
#938
 2004-05-18, 06:45
|
CodemanCJQ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Yall! I do night ops with a friend alot at the municipal airport. We just go around the whole airport and around the hangers, trashing stuff and aquiring stuff. And usually, the guy at the "tower" calls the cops. The funnest part is that the airport is next to the sheriffs office, and the sheriffs come
spotlighting for us. We usually have to exit out the back of the airport into the desert, and loop around back to our bunker. The only road that goes to the airport is wide open, and is widely used.
We usually carry radios, small 50 lb crossbows, paintballs, and binoculars.
Our hideout is just a small bunker near the airport. Its about 4' deep, 8' by 8' or so, and has a tarp with some sage brush over it.
We also do night ops in the neighborhood too. In town, there is an irrigation canal that runs through some suburbs, so it makes a perfect escape. Just do the damage, and float the canal back to my friends place. Its pretty fun.
The best nightop i did was by myself though. It was perfectly planned. I went into this road construction zone with some floor glue, a glue gun, a cloak, and some spray paint. I went in at the perfect time to where there were like 5 minute brakes in cars. I tagged a few signs, and got some 50 lb sand bags taht were laying around, stuffed them in the cones, and glued the bottoms on. I mustve done this to about 12 cones. So instead of a cone weighing around 20-30 lbs, it was more like 220-300 lbs! http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif. I made good time. From the time I left my house, to the time I got back was 17 minutes. Mind you, the construction zone was about 3/4 a mile away, and the cones and burlap bags arent placed closely together. I was running full speed the whole time.
Bleh, my fingers are getting tired. Heres the rest of the crap I have to say.
A few tips:
-Have radios
-Have a rendevous point
-Have a hideout near by
-Have escape routes and entry points planned.
-Be sure to make detailed maps of the areas that you are going into.
-Always pack somethign for self defense.
-Have ideal camo for your area.
-Dont be in a hurry, sneak from cover to cover. Ive been with friends and weve waited up to 3 hours for the cops to stop searching.
-Dont be stupid, when looking around corners,be sure to make it abrupt and thourough. If your in an urban area, keep some small mirrors, so that you can look around corners with those.
-Be sure to stay low and fast when going from cover to cover.
-Know what your doing before you go in!
Thats about it for now.
|
|
#939
 2004-05-19, 01:30
|
TeleTHUG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Soory dude that went out to the person that posted the topic...I think if the person that is replying includes your message then its to you, the orginial message or just a reply is to the owner of the
post. Tele
Makes sence to me?
|
|
#940
 2004-05-20, 02:16
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TeleTHUG:
Soory dude that went out to the person that posted the topic...I think if the person that is replying includes your message then its to you, the orginial message or just a reply is to the owner of the post.
Tele
Makes sence to me? I know, I was just playing, but usually if you dont have a quote you are talking to the last person to post whose post is above you, I was just giving you a hard time.
|
|
#941
 2004-05-21, 07:13
|
Odicus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I need to plan a very serious night op. I'm in college and I need to change some of my grades from B- to A. If I get caught I will definitly be expelled and arrested. I was wondering if anyone can give me some serious tips/ideas to accomplish this task. I dont go to some shitty school so I will be faced with locks, pin codes, motion detectors, cameras, passwords, campus police. etc. I have several months to plan and perform the operation and I want some ideas how to bypass these along with campus grade security in general. Such as are grades kept only by the office of the registrar, are there hard copies, etc.
Thanks For Any Replies I recieve.
|
|
#942
 2004-05-26, 14:34
|
Game Over Asshole 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote: quote:Yall! I do night ops with a friend alot at the municipal airport. We just go around the whole airport and around the hangers, trashing stuff and aquiring stuff. And usually, the guy at the "tower" calls the cops. Great to see our tax dollars being put to good use on airport security.
|
|
#943
 2004-05-31, 00:43
|
NumB-nUTz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Just did a great night op last night and went round and had a great explore.
however I kept on setting off those fucking security lights... everyone in our fucking neighbourhood seems to have one.
Also about gods - do those ultrasonic gun things with teh really high pitched frequency actualy work on dogs to scare them and make em run off?
|
|
#944
 2004-05-31, 02:11
|
-Renegade- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Security Lights Suck
|
|
#945
 2004-05-31, 02:48
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
quote:Originally posted by CodemanCJQ:
Yall! I do night ops with a friend alot at the municipal airport. We just go around the whole airport and around the hangers, trashing stuff and aquiring stuff. And usually, the guy at the "tower" calls the cops. The funnest part is that the airport is next to the sheriffs office, and the sheriffs come spotlighting for us. We usually have to exit out the back of the airport into the desert, and loop around back to our bunker. The only road that goes to the airport is wide open, and is widely used.
We usually carry radios, small 50 lb crossbows, paintballs, and binoculars.
Our hideout is just a small bunker near the airport. Its about 4' deep, 8' by 8' or so, and has a tarp with some sage brush over it.
We also do night ops in the neighborhood too. In town, there is an irrigation canal that runs through some suburbs, so it makes a perfect escape. Just do the damage, and float the canal back to my friends place. Its pretty fun.
The best nightop i did was by myself though. It was perfectly planned. I went into this road construction zone with some floor glue, a glue gun, a cloak, and some spray paint. I went in at the perfect time to where there were like 5 minute brakes in cars. I tagged a few signs, and got some 50 lb sand bags taht were laying around, stuffed them in the cones, and glued the bottoms on. I mustve done this to about 12 cones. So instead of a cone weighing around 20-30 lbs, it was more like 220-300 lbs! http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif. I made good time. From the time I left my house, to the time I got back was 17 minutes. Mind you, the construction zone was about 3/4 a mile away, and the cones and burlap bags arent placed closely together. I was running full speed the whole time.
Bleh, my fingers are getting tired. Heres the rest of the crap I have to say.
A few tips:
-Have radios
-Have a rendevous point
-Have a hideout near by
-Have escape routes and entry points planned.
-Be sure to make detailed maps of the areas that you are going into.
-Always pack somethign for self defense.
-Have ideal camo for your area.
-Dont be in a hurry, sneak from cover to cover. Ive been with friends and weve waited up to 3 hours for the cops to stop searching.
-Dont be stupid, when looking around corners,be sure to make it abrupt and thourough. If your in an urban area, keep some small mirrors, so that you can look around corners with those.
-Be sure to stay low and fast when going from cover to cover.
-Know what your doing before you go in!
Thats about it for now.
Why do you have a crossbow, are you going to shoot someone?
|
|
#946
 2004-06-01, 03:37
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
For some reason, lately I have not been able to go on night ops for a while. Not since before it got
cold. I dont know why, I just cant bring myself to go out. Maybe the magic has worn off, but it
really sucks cause I just cant get myself out there, at 2 AM wondering the neighborhood. I used to
love doing it, I dont know whats wrong with me.
|
|
#947
 2004-06-01, 03:47
|
cutthroat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I used to love sneaking around at night from point A to point B, and roaming the alleys at night for
good stuff, and evading the cops. Then, one of the friends that I used to go do stuff with moved
away, and everyone else became lazy, and got heavy into drugs.
|
|
#948
 2004-06-01, 04:22
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cutthroat:
I used to love sneaking around at night from point A to point B, and roaming the alleys at night for good stuff, and evading the cops. Then, one of the friends that I used to go do stuff with moved away, and everyone else became lazy, and got heavy into drugs. Ya, thats close to what happend with me.
I think maybe the sneaking around seemed really "bad" and rebelious when we were younger. But now theres other crap that makes sneaking around seem stupid maybe.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 06-01-2004).]
|
|
#949
 2004-06-02, 07:51
|
Infrared 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Heading to the archive, after almost a year. It's been fun. Carry on the night-ops legacy, but don't
be a kidiot about it if you do. http://www.totse.com/bbs/smile.gif
|
|
#950
 2004-06-02, 08:45
|
Ironz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
I have just archived this topic. You may find the archived version here: http://www.totse.com/bbs/Archives/Ar...-7-004673.html
I will keep this open for whomever, but it will be eventually deleted, either from dying off on its own, or from Infared deleting it. All posts beyond Infared's previous post will be lost.
|
|
#951
 2004-06-02, 11:13
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
c2 night op report - June 1st 2004, 0154 hundred hours.
Operation planned beginning - 0030. Operation planned end - Before 0400 hundred hours.
Team siz: 1 member.
Outline: Training op, move unseen, and unheard to a house approximately 1.5 to 2 miles away, using a back trail and into a city park. Urban neighborhoods.
Main Objective(s):Get into a shed right near a house on a high risk corner. Do not get caught.
Secondary Objective(s): Return with proof of operation.
Possibly risks - Patrolling police, various street lights, driveway lights, dogs, people, various travelling cars.
Gear: Urban print camoflauged BDU pants. 1 digital watch. 1 pair binoculars. 1 knife. 1 mini mag light flashlight. 1 pair tactical boots. 1 long sleeved navy shirt.
Report: Gearing up began at 0015. Gear was set up, took one last drink of water, set out. The house across the street had forgotten to turn on their flood light, leave the street semi-dark. The neighbors to the back yard had moved out with their three dogs, and the back yard was pitch black, lots of foliage, which led into a gully, leading up to the street. Tactically the back yard was best route. Went into the back yard, stopped 10 feet from the back fence. Waited 20 minutes for eyes to dialate. 0049 back fence is hopped, begin travelling down the steep ledge into the gully. Noise is heard form yard on other side. Hid behind a tree as a flashlight swooped the area. Waited 10 minutes, the set out to make it to the road. 0110 hundred hours, road is reached, wait for a period where no cars can be heard for it to be safe to travel the 40-50 yards to the next street I need to get to. Begin travelling down the road, see a car coming in the distance. run up a ledge to the right and hide by some bushes, as 3 cars pass. Wat until there is no sound, then make my way across the street to some shadows created by a truck, with a street light on the otherside of the street. Run down street to more shadows. 1 car passes. Run down further until i reach a dark long back trail. Encounter gravel shortly after, slow steady walking is done to reduce noise. Reach blacktop again, speed is picked up. Reach opening to raods again. Closest shadow cover is about 20-25 yards. Wait one minute while deciding best route. Cross street into some shadows but still visible. Run as silently as possible over to a car and hide in the shadows given by a nearby street light. run another 30 yards to trees in a front yard. park is only another about 50 yards away. Run across back yard, into the park and settle in some shadows by a big oncrete wall to catch breath. 0130 continue as planed. Hop a fence into a asphalt walking area surounding a pond, with a open field semi lighted. Decide best shaded ruote and take it, decide to move when a goose is making noise, helping to mask movement. Make some shadows on other side of the field. Target house is only about 50 yards away. walk along shadowy walk way into residential neighborhood. run across a cul de sac and crouch behind a truck. Target house can be seen right through bushes, and is just around the corner which is very lit up. 0140 Decide to go around the lit corner for noise reasons. Make it completely around and notice an open garage with a guy rummaging through his car. Run over and dive up onto a raised wall with grass growing on it. guy looks around and calls out the name "Ralph?" He returns with a flashlight. Quickly roll over off the edge as light barely misses. 0140 Lay motionless as he begins approaching. Begin to think of combat moves to neutralize him and give me as much of a head start as possible. He is at the curb and I look down and spot a fairly sized rock. I roll over onto my back and wait. He look back to his house and i throw the rock across the grass, as he isn't looking, into somebushes, which immediately catches his attention. As he storms the bushes, on the opposite side of the ones that were a possible entry point I get up and run to the bushes I had an option of getting acccess from first. I hear him begin to give chase and start coming around the corner. Keep running at full pace, main priority is to evade captor, main mission objective aborted. Run across the field and have persuer gaining. go to check for knife for defensive purposes, but it has fallen off somewhere along the ruote in. Keep running and turn a sharp corner which has a gravel bike trail near it. Hide right down by a bridge. Pursuer stops and looks around, checking anothyng with a suspicious outline. Lay motionless by bridge as he doesnt notice. He turns around, throw another rock into some bushes which gains his chase and throws him off mine. I run across the parks open field. Hear pursuer realize where I am and take up the chase again. Beginning to feel dehydrated and starting to ache. Run full speed to the back trail the I had entered from. get down and hide in some bushes, as he runs by with flashlight blazing. Wait 5 minutes, nothing. Decide to slowly and silently start moving up the trail. See a light begin to flash through the trees. Get down and into a small ditch while he stops 10 feet away. Hear a truck stop by the end of the trail and two doors shut. Original pursuer start taking a piss before his buddies arrive. Decide safest thing to do is attempt to sneak by. Silently I move right by him close enough to breathe down his neck. Keep passing by, get down and hide in a better spot. He finishes and
starts off the meet his friends. Begin walking slowly away to the way home. Hear running so I do the same. Make the street at 0200 (approximately). Begin to run uphill/street at full pace, no regard for stealth. Make top of the street, pausebriefly to look back. Nothing. Begin walking the last road before the gully and home. dive into the gully which is a step angle from the street because of an on comming car. Get up and dust off. Elbow pads broke the fall. Silent sneak up back into back yard. Slowly move into the house. Into room and un geared ad 0220.
Mission status: Main objective 1: Failed. Main objective 2: Completed. Secondary objective 1: Failed.
Personal view of operation: Sucess.
My first night op report, so bear with me, sorry if there's any spelling errors in excess. I'll get around to writting more whenever I do another, which is once in a great blue moon.
c2
|
|
#952
 2004-06-02, 11:14
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
you guys are creepy if i saw any of you around my house id beat your face in with as many baseball bats as i could find.
|
|
#953
 2004-06-02, 14:29
|
SARDONICPILLOW 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
too bad you won't see us
|
|
#954
 2004-06-03, 00:28
|
RagingPussy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Nice to see ol' Night Ops thinned out a bit.
Apparently I fucked up an op recently. Apparently I accidently stepped in some mud and made a boot print that was noticed the next day. Luckily it was a few blocks up, but talk is kind of going fast about "someone" going around in their yard (they are a yuppy ass dad, soccer mom, and 5 year old kid. none of them own boots like the ones I was wearing.)
In a suburban area, how long would you wait before opping again?
And I am going to begin night opping with friends every once in a while, have any advice for group stealth?
and if anyone gives a fuck, what I wear/carry now are
-a black bathrobe (easy to move in, easier to conceal my shape in)
-t-shirt tied around my head like on that "How to be a ninja" thing circling the net
-Dr. Martin boots (easy to move in)
-Boxcutter (good for cutting shit when nescessary)
-Big ass kitchen knife, looks and feels like a tanto (my friend has one, so I know the basic weight distribution and feel of a tanto) (for dispatching dogs or anything else only if absolutely nescessary)
thats all for now, I'll update with some mre fun shit.
-rage
[This message has been edited by RagingPussy (edited 06-03-2004).]
|
|
#955
 2004-06-03, 04:19
|
Florida Snow 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
998 Posts. W333333!
|
|
#956
 2004-06-03, 04:22
|
Florida Snow 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
999!!!!!! B0000Y4H 1NFR4R3D! What is the record for most replies to a thread? Longest Shelf Life?
|
|
#957
 2004-06-03, 04:27
|
Florida Snow 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
One Thouasand Replies. Poop Shit Fuck Bitch Cunt Penis Dink Weiner Vagina Asshat Cockmangle SentimentalRapist Gooche Patrol D0rk buttfuck Loose as a Goose Dirt Sanchez.
|
|
#958
 2004-06-03, 05:05
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Thats bullshit, I'm the one with post #1000! Stop lying.
|
|
#959
 2004-06-03, 05:15
|
chinese_food52 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
What the hell? Wasn't this thread at like 1200?
|
|
#960
 2004-06-03, 05:22
|
cheeseduck 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
He pulled one out of my book.
He deleted his previous posts to makee his 1000. I did that at first
|
|
#961
 2004-06-03, 05:28
|
AGruntsJaggon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cheeseduck:
He pulled one out of my book.
He deleted his previous posts to makee his 1000. I did that at first *Whispers*Shut up shutup!* Dont let the FBI know.
Quote: quote:Originally posted by chinese_food52:
What the hell? Wasn't this thread at like 1200? See the previous page, it was thinned down and archived, anything after the post that says so will not be archived.
[This message has been edited by AGruntsJaggon (edited 06-03-2004).]
|
|
#962
 2004-06-03, 21:18
|
c2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Shit my op report didn't make the cut http://www.totse.com/bbs/frown.gif
c2
|
|
#963
 2004-06-06, 00:43
|
CBaoth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
bump ity bumpity bump
|
|
#964
 2004-06-06, 05:06
|
SgtRhoruns 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Does anyone here live in or around Vista, Oceanside, or Carlsbad California? i want to set up a san diego county night-op... anyone interested?
Florida Snow 2004-06-06 05:22 ^^ Ohh Ohh Me! We should liek g0 to mcdonalds and order something and run away HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA or we could ring our own houses door bells and hide Aahaha night opas rulle 9rdddppoood. AFL!
Oh and Bump.
[This message has been edited by Florida Snow (edited 06-06-2004).]
|
|
#965
 2007-04-05, 02:30
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Bumping a legendary thread. 
|
|
#966
 2007-04-05, 03:06
|
|
|
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Re: nighttime ops (new guy)
Vbulletin is fucking everything up.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|