About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:49
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

I'm gonna do it in Hong Kong, courses are in English and are almost as cheap as courses in the UK (about $5000 a year). I intend to do a course in some sort of Management. Then start looking for a job in hotel management abroad in up and coming resorts, for example, Dubai.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:50
Regular
 
BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!
Default Re: I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

http://tinyurl.com/4xs9v
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:51
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

Good for you.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:52
Regular
 
London
Default Re: I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

Do eet in England.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:18
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

I called the University of Hong Kong and asked them, including international tuition fees, apartment renting expenses, food, and general stuff, etc, what they would estimate the total cost per year.

They told me around �10,000 maximum, or you could live really basically for about �5000, but still enough to get by. Seem pretty cheap to me, could I do it for that in England?



[This message has been edited by TheKillerMonkey (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:19
Regular
 
London
Default Re: I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

I don't know, ask your parents to pay for it?
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:35
smoketheweed smoketheweed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

From what I can make out, �10,000 wouldn't do very well in the UK for a year. Firstly, your accomodation would fuck you over, if you couldn't get student accomodation (which is actually pretty hard to get), the most you'd be able to afford is a room someone has available for rent, you'd probably be eating ready meals and instant noodles a lot, no way in hell would you be able to afford to drive, you wouldn't be able to afford to go out at weekends.

You could live on �10,000 a year for university in the UK, but it would be no fun at all.

It would go much further in Hong Kong.

So, if you decide to do it in the UK, you'd need about �30,000 a year to have a decent time, or get your parents to pay for it.

If not, look else where, unless you're prepared to be living pretty rough for the next 3 years.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:47
Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0 Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I've decided I'm gonna go to university...

go to the university of michigan in ann arbor
and the have a good football team

GO BLUE!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0 (edited 03-19-2006).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics