About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:34
Moderator
 
Default On the subject of banning smoking..

I dont see the big deal about smoking.
It's obviously not dangerous!

At the place I work, there's a pregnant girl.
We work with old people. Because she's pregnant she cant lift the old people 'incase she hurts the baby'.
She cant help certain people incase she gets an infection from them and 'hurts the baby', she cant touch the people with MRSA incase it 'hurts the baby'.
This means she is generally exempt from most work except drinking tea.

Yet she goes outside for a cigarette break every half an hour or so.

She's so cautious about hurting her baby yet smokes so much,
Smoking obviously cant be dangerous!!


....

Even if we cant make much of a difference, we can still help.
I say we ban smoking on Totse.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:37
cracky cracky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

I fucking hate bitches that smoke when they're pregnant. There was this one bitch smoking in the breakroom where I used to work one day and someone mentioned how she was pregnant. Well here's what she says "All it does is lowers the babie's birthweight"... I outta backhanded her into next week.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:37
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

Okay.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:39
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

I had the same bug as you once before. My 'post reply' button didnt work, only my 'create thread' was still functioning.

Seriously, try posting this in the fucking thread eh.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:16
Moderator
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

quote:
Originally posted by cracky: Well here's what she says "All it does is lowers the babie's birthweight"... I outta backhanded her into next week.[/B]


That's scary.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:26
cow43215 cow43215 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

quote:
Originally posted by yoyobek:
That's scary.


No, just stupid.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:27
Regular
 
under the freeway
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

I wish cigarettes weren't so bad for me.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:33
moongoot moongoot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

Surely a punch to the face wouldnt hurt the baby

I cant believe people like that
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:33
Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0 Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0Z0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

i dont care cause i smoke when i can but not very often
 #10 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:41
Over The Influence Over The Influence is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

quote:
Originally posted by cracky:
I fucking hate bitches that smoke when they're pregnant. There was this one bitch smoking in the breakroom where I used to work one day and someone mentioned how she was pregnant. Well here's what she says "All it does is lowers the babie's birthweight"... I outta backhanded her into next week.


Actually you should've punched her in the stomache, you'd be doing the Gene Pool a favor.

I smoke ciggarettes but if I was a pregnant girl, I WOULDN'T smoke ciggarettes.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:42
mr.t1000 mr.t1000 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

+1
*rapes flood controlls butt*
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:15
Regular
 
Georgia USA
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

I hate women who smoke when they're pregnant, too. My old neighbor had 3 kids and she was pregnant with her 4th and I NEVER saw her without a beer and a cigarrette in her hands. She also used to lock her kids in their rooms and go hang out with my other neighbor for hours at a time. I used to hear them screaming in there almost every time I went outside.

One time I reported her to children's services and they came out to investigate her. They found dirty diapers all over her floor, food EVERYWHERE, garbage strewn all over every surface and a cockroach infestation that would scare even the most seasoned exterminater. She was drinking WHILE the social worker was there and freely admitted to beating her kids and leaving them alone in the house.

And the social worker did.....nothing!

She was advised to take parenting classes and to clean her house and THAT WAS IT!!!

What a world, right?
 #13 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:38
heisler2 heisler2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

Hi yoyo! Welcome back.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:40
PetSematary PetSematary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

quote:
Originally posted by Xiao Mei:
I hate women who smoke when they're pregnant, too. My old neighbor had 3 kids and she was pregnant with her 4th and I NEVER saw her without a beer and a cigarrette in her hands. She also used to lock her kids in their rooms and go hang out with my other neighbor for hours at a time. I used to hear them screaming in there almost every time I went outside.

One time I reported her to children's services and they came out to investigate her. They found dirty diapers all over her floor, food EVERYWHERE, garbage strewn all over every surface and a cockroach infestation that would scare even the most seasoned exterminater. She was drinking WHILE the social worker was there and freely admitted to beating her kids and leaving them alone in the house.

And the social worker did.....nothing!

She was advised to take parenting classes and to clean her house and THAT WAS IT!!!

What a world, right?



The sad fact of the matter is that if they had a roof over their heads and were getting food on a regular basis there probably wasn't any legal reason to take the kids.

Society just doesn't have the resources to ensure that every child has a loving and nurturing home.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:53
Head-shopper Head-shopper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

Apparently if you listen to lots of rock music ehen your pregnant your baby will like rock music.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:45
ulTRAX ulTRAX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

I eat healthy and do heavy cardio-workouts...

...sooooo

smoking/second-hand smoke < health

only the ganja...
 #17 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:01
Regular
 
Yes
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

Everyone just likes to be an asshole.

Conservatives want the world to revolve around them. Most, anyway.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:04
Pirate Hippie Pirate Hippie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

I eat babies. That's not as dangerous as smoking with a baby though.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:05
Regular
 
Default Re: On the subject of banning smoking..

quote:
Originally posted by heisler2:
Hi yoyo! Welcome back.
Yeah really. Where you been?

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics