About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:07
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default is the teenage generation careless?

if so

how?
why?


I think it is, what's your opinion.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:08
sewer_zombie sewer_zombie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

I think they care too much
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:08
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

explain
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:11
kenshin_kid kenshin_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

I'm not careless!
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:11
Regular
 
California
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

as long as I have my weed and sex...im cool
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:11
NarcolepticInsomniac NarcolepticInsomniac is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

I just think most teenagers today in some way or another rely too much on pop culture.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:14
marusushi marusushi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

The American teen generation? Yes. The rest of the world's teen generation?(excluding New Zealand and certain parts of Australia) No.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:19
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by marusushi:
The American teen generation? Yes.


Why? what gives you a reason for saying that?
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:23
bailoutaccount bailoutaccount is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

American Teens are mostly beer drinking/pot smoking/random play fuckheads. I speak from experience.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:29
person person is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

they care too much about the wrong thing,
and not enough about the things that matter
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:31
SodaGuy SodaGuy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

Definitely. I'm worried.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:35
Docta_Gonzo Docta_Gonzo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

i think the majority of the teen population is too worried about social bullshit and drama bullshit and not enough about getting fucked up and chilling. Alot of people do get fucked up, but not everyone all the time like they should. Fuck whores.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:35
Trooper555 Trooper555 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

is the adult genration retarted??

http://tinyurl.com/mew7d
 #14 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:42
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

how does that turn turn a person on?
 #15 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:43
The_Rabbi The_Rabbi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

They care too much about bullshit things, and not enough about the really important ones.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:43
TheAlmightyVineMan TheAlmightyVineMan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

The problem is that there are too many things out there to "protect people". Now instead of the people who stick fireworks up their asses, drive around like fucktards or eat toys dying, they are living and continuing to polute the gene pool as their kids do and get away with the exact same shit.

I dont blame the kids so much as I blame the parents not paying attention to what their kid does, or just letting them get away with whatever they want. Its not the kids faults they act like they do, they've never been taught its wrong.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:47
Trooper555 Trooper555 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by butch:
how does that turn turn a person on?



i dont know
but i laughed my ass off
 #18 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:49
better than you better than you is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

They are not necessarily careless. They just care about the wrong things.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:53
marusushi marusushi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by butch:
Why? what gives you a reason for saying that?


Um, just look at how the world's advancing past us in the educational field. I've lived in other countries before, so I know the difference between world teens and american teens.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:53
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by better than you:
They are not necessarily careless. They just care about the wrong things.


Wrong things like.....
 #21 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:01
Regular
 
Niggerland: Land of the Negroe
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

I'm sure the teens in england only focus on school and educational matters.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:02
neX neX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

i care and i'm going to do something about it.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:03
Tommy Lund Tommy Lund is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan:
The problem is that there are too many things out there to "protect people". Now instead of the people who stick fireworks up their asses, drive around like fucktards or eat toys dying, they are living and continuing to polute the gene pool as their kids do and get away with the exact same shit.

I dont blame the kids so much as I blame the parents not paying attention to what their kid does, or just letting them get away with whatever they want. Its not the kids faults they act like they do, they've never been taught its wrong.



Quoted for truth.

This shit happened les whem mum was home to hit you upside the head too.
 #24 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:05
The_Rabbi The_Rabbi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by butch:
Wrong things like.....


That varies from person to person.

I would say they care too much about partying, fucking around, and supporting dipshits like Ralph Nader.
 #25 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:06
Wog Wog is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by The_Rabbi:
They care too much about bullshit things, and not enough about the really important ones.


 #26 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:12
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by The_Rabbi:
That varies from person to person.

I would say they care too much about partying, fucking around, and supporting dipshits like Ralph Nader.



What should they care about?
 #27 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:15
The_Rabbi The_Rabbi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

Finding love, fucking their brains out with the right person(and only that person once you've found them,) working out all the sexual kinks so that you have a good, fulfilling sexual relationship, raising a good family, and finding a career they enjoy doing.

If you can accomplish that, nothing else matters.
 #28 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:33
SodaGuy SodaGuy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by The_Rabbi:
Finding love, fucking their brains out with the right person(and only that person once you've found them,) working out all the sexual kinks so that you have a good, fulfilling sexual relationship, raising a good family, and finding a career they enjoy doing.

If you can accomplish that, nothing else matters.


You saying teenagers should be concerned with getting married?

The problem is: If you focus on serious stuff now, then when are you gonna have any fun? When you retire? I honestly have no idea what we should do. Kids just seem really stupid. Like when they don't know the answer to "What document declared independence for America?"
 #29 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:35
zebra head zebra head is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by marusushi:
The American teen generation? Yes. The rest of the world's teen generation?(excluding New Zealand and certain parts of Australia) No.



Save very few individuals in said areas of the world.

New Zealander/Aussies are horrible with pop culture etc...


But on the other side of the coin, a lot of the population in the USA is careless. I can go out once in a day for some taco bell or somthing, be tailgated, almost hit three times, have breaks slammed on infront of me, idiots turning left taking up all lanes of traffic, etc... I use vehicular examples because well, vehicles are nice to have, but can be quite deadly, and easily show off your intelligence level.
 #30 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:36
The_Rabbi The_Rabbi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by SodaGuy:

You saying teenagers should be concerned with getting married?



Yes. I'm not saying that they should BE getting married as teenagers, but their focus in relationships should be to find someone they want to spend their life with.

quote:
The problem is: If you focus on serious stuff now, then when are you gonna have any fun? When you retire?



What do you define as fun? Binge drinking? Bullshit threesomes? Rolling yourself into walls in shopping carts?

I have plenty of fun, and I got married at 18(which I don't recommend, a lesser man and woman couldn't handle it.) Shit, just this past week I had the time of my life building Eugene.




[This message has been edited by The_Rabbi (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #31 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:40
jungle1 jungle1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

Yes they are all deficient retards! None of them know shit about politics and the world is going to go to shit if we don't start idiot-cleansing! and by we i mean a revoluctioanry army!
 #32 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:50
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by jungle1:
Yes they are all deficient retards! None of them know shit about politics and the world is going to go to shit if we don't start idiot-cleansing! and by we i mean a revoluctioanry army!


Let's take all the warning labels off of everything! =D
 #33 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:56
Zorya Zorya is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

I know a senior in my high school who doesn't know what the word "ornate" means. She's still in a higher english class than I am. Oh, and did I mention she wants to be a teacher?
America is FUCKED.
 #34 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:56
Splam Splam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

Within 30 years all teens in america will die from being to fat anyway. To bad they don't die from fatness before they are in mating age. In as few as 50 years the average age will drop incredibly because of fat people and then my suggestion of having manditory fat camps for all fat people will be taken seriously.

The American teens are careless about what they eat. They are also careless about what they do, but you can say the same thing about any generation. How about the 60's mind explorers?
 #35 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:18
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

bump
 #36 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:20
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by The_Rabbi:
Finding love, fucking their brains out with the right person(and only that person once you've found them,) working out all the sexual kinks so that you have a good, fulfilling sexual relationship, raising a good family, and finding a career they enjoy doing.

If you can accomplish that, nothing else matters.



lol2bju
 #37 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:20
The_Rabbi The_Rabbi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
lol2bju


Right. God forbid I actually make sense on totse.
 #38 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:35
Radical_Extreme Radical_Extreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by butch:
if so

how?
why?


I think it is, what's your opinion.



As in any situation, there is a degree of variation. I feel that the newer generations of teenagers are developing an increasing sense of ignorant carelessness. I mean ... a large chunk of the gr 10 students at my highschool are braindead coke fiends.

The future looks very grim indeed and it's up 2the >15% of the new generations that aren't inbred cock bandits to fortify whatever knowledge remains in the aftermath.
 #39 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:52
Genesis Genesis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by Zorya:
I know a senior in my high school who doesn't know what the word "ornate" means. She's still in a higher english class than I am. Oh, and did I mention she wants to be a teacher?
America is FUCKED.



I recieved an 800 on my SAT Verbal and SAT II Literature... I still had to look up the definition of "ornate" a few seconds ago.

Trivia != Intelligence
 #40 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:59
SodaGuy SodaGuy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by Genesis:
I recieved an 800 on my SAT Verbal and SAT II Literature... I still had to look up the definition of "ornate" a few seconds ago.

Trivia != Intelligence


How the fuck is that possible. I haven't read a book in 2 years and I've practically always known what ornate means. I think I learned it in 8th grade english.

 #41 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:14
Radical_Extreme Radical_Extreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by SodaGuy:

How the fuck is that possible. I haven't read a book in 2 years and I've practically always known what ornate means. I think I learned it in 8th grade english.




Umm ornate's sort of an obscure word you duesche... you can't possibly expect to base someones intellect on whether or not they know it.

[This message has been edited by Radical_Extreme (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #42 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:18
Genesis Genesis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by SodaGuy:

How the fuck is that possible. I haven't read a book in 2 years and I've practically always known what ornate means. I think I learned it in 8th grade english.



I'm proud of you. You certainly proved that you can remember things. You deserve an award.
 #43 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:23
FishstickHatrack FishstickHatrack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

quote:
Originally posted by The_Rabbi:
What do you define as fun? Binge drinking? Bullshit threesomes? Rolling yourself into walls in shopping carts?

I have plenty of fun, and I got married at 18(which I don't recommend, a lesser man and woman couldn't handle it.) Shit, just this past week I had the time of my life building Eugene.





You're really proud of him, aren't you?
BTW, I agree with you. I live in a college town & the students seemed to be more interested in getting drunk off their asses than getting an education.
Oh, and Eugene is much better than his lame competition.
 #44 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:25
SodaGuy SodaGuy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

Now that we're on the subject, what defines intelligence? What is it that causes one person to solve a problem in a more efficient and correct manner than another?
 #45 
Old 2006-03-19, 09:39
Henry123 Henry123 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: is the teenage generation careless?

Hey my mom�s always neurotic about everything and i already talked to my dad about it but he doesn�t care as long as he doesn�t have to deal with her what the hell do i do when she is nagging me????
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics