About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:03
Regular
 
Planet Earth
Default GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

I hate it when somebody says "that's gay" and then some self-righteous smartass says "no it's not. It doesn't like the same gender. You're so intolerant." that is some grade-A BULLSHIT, not to mention flawed logic. There are more stupid people than gay people, no? Then why doesn't anybody object when someone says "that's stupid"? I've never heard someone say "that's so intolerant of stupid people!" But somehow take it one level lower and people get offended. hell people even get pissed off if I say "that's retarded." Actually if you think about it, calling something gay is not NEARLY as bad as calling something stupid, since being (or at the very least, acting) gay is a changable thing. If you're stupid, you're stuck for life! Calling something "gay" or "retarded" or even "stupid" is just assigning a socially undesirable quality to an inanimate object to properly personify its qualities.

So, in conclusion:

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY!
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:04
AreteVeteran AreteVeteran is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

this thread is gay

~Arete
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:05
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

u r gay 4 eva n eva
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:09
TheTuna TheTuna is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

Stupid people can be educated, making them less stupid. In theory.

Also, the saying of becoming wise in old age comes to mind. Getting older and experiencing more of life often makes people less stupid.

Stupid people can get smart just as gay people can change their sexual preference.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:10
Entheogenic Entheogenic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

I think the problem is that it's generally used perjoritively--gay people (understandably) have a problem with their lifestyle being used as a term to describe something bad; the implication is that gay = bad.

Stupid has more than one sense--when someone says "that's stupid" it's generally used in the sense of "that's foolish."


Entheogenic
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:20
Asphyxia Asphyxia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

well the difference is people don't go around saying "im stupid"... "stupid pride!"... stupid people rarely think of themselves as stupid...

Anyway gay people aren't really people at all. Killing a gay person is not any more immorale than killing a deer.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:30
jesus_could_fly jesus_could_fly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

this should go under something like bitch and moan.

but anyway i just wanted to tell you that you're brilliant


 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:31
Entheogenic Entheogenic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

Right, because someone's sexual orientation determines whether or not he's human.

Defend that assertion. Oh wait, you can't, becuase you're just being a bigot.


Entheogenic
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:35
NoLongerBanned NoLongerBanned is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

This thread is so niggerish.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:42
Nagasaki911 Nagasaki911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

quote:
Originally posted by Asphyxia:
well the difference is people don't go around saying "im stupid"... "stupid pride!"... stupid people rarely think of themselves as stupid...

Anyway gay people aren't really people at all. Killing a gay person is not any more immorale than killing a deer.




post of the day
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:43
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

Eh...I've never experienced this...if some smart ass tried to correct my own usage of vulgar English I would probably beat the shit out of his gay ass.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:58
thaBoss194 thaBoss194 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

I have a bunch of gay friends and i say "Gay" and "Fag" around them all the time. I asked them if they get offended by it and they said they dont. So, mabye only in Seattle huH?
 #13 
Old 2006-03-19, 02:00
2006 is GAY 2006 is GAY is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

quote:
Originally posted by Leon2006:
u r gay 4 eva n eva


 #14 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:49
Regular
 
Vatican City
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel:
I hate it when somebody says "that's gay" and then some self-righteous smartass says "no it's not. It doesn't like the same gender. You're so intolerant." that is some grade-A BULLSHIT, not to mention flawed logic. There are more stupid people than gay people, no? Then why doesn't anybody object when someone says "that's stupid"? I've never heard someone say "that's so intolerant of stupid people!" But somehow take it one level lower and people get offended. hell people even get pissed off if I say "that's retarded." Actually if you think about it, calling something gay is not NEARLY as bad as calling something stupid, since being (or at the very least, acting) gay is a changable thing. If you're stupid, you're stuck for life! Calling something "gay" or "retarded" or even "stupid" is just assigning a socially undesirable quality to an inanimate object to properly personify its qualities.

So, in conclusion:

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY!



I think I was fixing TV or DVD player of a bunch of girls and one of them was a lesbian. I was getting pissed off with somethign with the TV and said some shit like "Ahh this is gay" or something. Eventually the wonderdyke said that she found it offensive that I was saying that everything bad was "gay." Then I said, "I find offensive that everything sodomizing and non-heterosexual has taken a word for happiness.

It's all about pride and stigma. I mean... niggers have done well and taken the word "nigger" to mean something cool that wiggers strive to be. "Aussies" don't mind being called "Aussie" as short for Australian. They like being Australian. But pieces of shit like Japs and Pakis can't get over it because they are shit and they know it.

Although I did find it funny when Bush said "Paki" and didn't realize it was loaded.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:50
bipolarelvis bipolarelvis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GAY GAY GAY GAY (a discussion of semantics)

I won't write some essay about my opinion on this; I'll just make a very simple observation. In my experience, people who say that things are "gay" have maybe third-grade language skills.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics