About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:19
ReUsedSmoke ReUsedSmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Body Temp?

Well, our bodies stay at around 97-98 most of the time right? Well, when we go into about a 30 degree climate, most of us get cold... I was doing some thinking today... and i thought,... if our bodies were at 30 degrees, would we get cold if it was 30 degrees outside?

I don't care that it is not possible for our bodies to be at 30 degrees... I just want to hear everyones views on this..
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:21
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Body Temp?

If you got that cold you would be a nigger-sicle. If you do plan on getting that cold, put a stick up your ass, and take pics.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:21
Head-shopper Head-shopper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Body Temp?

Our whole circulatory system would be different so it would be hard to tell.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:22
HTS-Noob HTS-Noob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Body Temp?

quote:
Originally posted by ReUsedSmoke:
Well, our bodies stay at around 97-98 most of the time right? Well, when we go into about a 30 degree climate, most of us get cold... I was doing some thinking today... and i thought,... if our bodies were at 30 degrees, would we get cold if it was 30 degrees outside?

I don't care that it is not possible for our bodies to be at 30 degrees... I just want to hear everyones views on this..



Sounds like an interesting theory, and what is 30 farehneit in celsius?

 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:28
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Body Temp?

quote:
Originally posted by HTS-Noob:
Sounds like an interesting theory, and what is 30 farehneit in celsius?





32F is 0C.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:44
Karik Karik is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Body Temp?

I don't know about most, but I find around 100 degress external temperature to be terribly hot. (And it's my luck that I live in Texas)

The poster who said "our entire circulatory system would be different" is entirely correct, if the homeostatic temperature we needed was 30 degress, who knows what temperatures we would be able to adapt to. My guess is, though, we would find 100 degrees a whole lot hotter than we currently do .
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:09
ReUsedSmoke ReUsedSmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Body Temp?

Yeah i suppose
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:16
DA DA is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Body Temp?

90* is perfect for me, so I'd pass on the lower body temp thing.

Also, we'd probably not be here now if our body temps were low like that.

Also, living on the moon would be a lot more feasible.
{DA}
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:03
Quageschi Quageschi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Body Temp?

Does 98 degrees feel comfortable to you now with your 98 degree body temp? for most people, no.

So if our body did work at 30 degrees, meaing our body couldnt not be made from mostly water (maybe alcohol instead, perma-drunk!), then i would say that maybe 0 degrees would be a comfortable tempature.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics