About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:49
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Well I noticed he is tha only brotha dat was ever involved in dat genre. He wasn't tha best though. And I've noticed that some people only listen to him cuz he's dead. But you know you and shit till you are dead. Any one agree dat he was the only brotha doin his thing ?

*i'm still fresh*

[This message has been edited by I Ride The Yellow Bus (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:49
Regular
 
Irvine, Scotland
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

This is not the right forum.

THREAD FAILS
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:51
DA DA is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Maynard > Hendrix.
{DA}
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:51
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by Lovecraft:
This is not the right forum.

THREAD FAILS



This thread is about brothas that achieved.
(THREAD DOESN'T FAIL)


*i'm still fresh*

[This message has been edited by I Ride The Yellow Bus (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:52
lobotomy lobotomy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

this is not the right forum, unless spurious has magically become ...and Rock and Roll.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:53
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by lobotomy:
this is not the right forum, unless spurious has magically become ...and Rock and Roll.


quote:
Originally posted by I Ride The Yellow Bus:
This thread is about brothas that achieved in areas unexpected.

*i'm still fresh*



 #7 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:54
Head-shopper Head-shopper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

This thread fails ...and Rock And Roll
 #8 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:54
Regular
 
London
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Hendrix owns, people listen to his music because it is good.

James Feignburg was probably once a musician ages ago, and he's probably dead, but no one listens to his shizzle

 #9 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:57
GlowStickz GlowStickz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Dont use 'Dat' and 'Tha' instead of that and the.. its stupid and idiotic. How hard is it to make 1 more keystroke? Besides it doesnt even sound cool. It just makes you sound like a wannabe.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:58
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by GlowStickz:
Dont use 'Dat' and 'Tha' instead of that and the.. its stupid and idiotic. How hard is it to make 1 more keystroke? Besides it doesnt even sound cool. It just makes you sound like a wannabe.


I do it because its faster, but I will use proper grammar if it offends you dat much

*i'm still fresh*
 #11 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:00
GlowStickz GlowStickz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Its not faster. I can type 'that' faster than I can type 'dat'..
 #12 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:07
Aurilius Aurilius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Don't most people consider Hendrix to be the best guitarist ever?
 #13 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:08
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by Aurilius:
Don't most people consider Hendrix to be the best guitarist ever?


Would make sense

*i'm still fresh*
 #14 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:10
m0ckturtle m0ckturtle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

I've always fancied myself to be a member of a mariachi band.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:48
THEatomicpunk THEatomicpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

I've always been a fan of Jerry Garcia.

as for Brothas dat made it in dat genre, i'd hafta say BB King, Sir Ray Charles, and mos bass playas, y'know, blackies always slappin da bass.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:49
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by THEatomicpunk:
blackies always slappin da bass.


I concur

*i'm still fresh*
 #17 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:58
Regular
 
Inland Empire, CA
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Hey bitch, what about Lenny fucking Kravitz?

 #18 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:59
ReUsedSmoke ReUsedSmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by uncopyrightable:
Hendrix owns, people listen to his music because it is good.



^^ agree
 #19 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:00
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by mrparks:
Hey bitch, what about Lenny fucking Kravitz?




wow

[This message has been edited by Deoz (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #20 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:01
ReUsedSmoke ReUsedSmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by mrparks:
Hey bitch, what about Lenny fucking Kravitz?




Anyone else get a good laugh?
 #21 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:02
Regular
 
under the freeway
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Jimi Hendrix sucks.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:05
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by mrparks:
Hey bitch, what about Lenny fucking Kravitz?




I hope you're fucking joking

*i'm still fresh*
 #23 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:06
Badfish Badfish is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Please ban this guy
 #24 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:07
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by Badfish:
Please ban this guy


You talking about me buddy ?!

*i'm still fresh*
 #25 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:09
kieran1394 kieran1394 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Hendrix is overrated. Hes got nothing on clapton.
 #26 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:15
ReUsedSmoke ReUsedSmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by Run_For_Tha_Hills:
Jimi Hendrix sucks.


WTF are you talking about? Who do YOU think is better?

I doubt you have ever seen some of live performances...You can't at all say he sucks....


Easily one of the greatest
 #27 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:20
Regular
 
San Francisco
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by I Ride The Yellow Bus:
Well I noticed he is tha only brotha dat was ever involved in dat genre. He wasn't tha best though. And I've noticed that some people only listen to him cuz he's dead. But you know you and shit till you are dead. Any one agree dat he was the only brotha doin his thing ?

*i'm still fresh*



Maybe its cuz they invented rap in the 80's

and that's why you type like a 'tard


and people don't just listen to him because he's dead (unless theyre morons).

Jimi hendrix is the reason guitar players aren't wearing tuxedo's on stage as part of a big band


So shut the fuck up, asshat
 #28 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:28
Winters Winters is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Jimi wasn't the best guitarist ever. He just did things that nobody did before. And he did them with such grace and passion that I certainly can't refute all the doors he opened to everything that Rock is.
 #29 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:36
Geek Geek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by Winters:
Jimi wasn't the best guitarist ever. He just did things that nobody did before. And he did them with such grace and passion that I certainly can't refute all the doors he opened to everything that Rock is.


Exactly.

Clapton is good too, though some of his music gets repetitive. But you have got to like Sunshine of Your love, by Jimi Hendrix, and Eric Clapton. The Jimi Hendrix version has more passion though. (anyone else here ever hear the Frank Zappa version?)

Same thing with All Along The Watchtower by Bob Dylan, Hendrix re-did it with passion that instantly made it better.
 #30 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:40
Regular
 
Winston-Salem/Greensboro, NC
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by I Ride The Yellow Bus:
Well I noticed he is tha only brotha dat was ever involved in dat genre. He wasn't tha best though. And I've noticed that some people only listen to him cuz he's dead. But you know you and shit till you are dead. Any one agree dat he was the only brotha doin his thing ?

*i'm still fresh*




Yes you are in the wrong forum and your statement makes no sense. "tha only brotha in da genre"? What the hell does that mean? Rock? If that what you're saying, then that is by far the dumbest thing I have ever read. Prince, Eddie Hazel, Reggi Wooten, Jai "Jai-Moe" Johnson, hell his brother Lenny Hendrix (I believe that's his name), Blackbyrd McKnight, Vernon Reid, Greg Howe , Dr. Know are all greatly gifted guitarist (except Jai-Moe is a drummer),the list of "brotha's" goes one.
 #31 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:49
THEatomicpunk THEatomicpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by reggie_love:

Jimi hendrix is the reason guitar players aren't wearing tuxedo's on stage as part of a big band



ummmmm....I'm pretty sure Elvis certainly didn't wear a suit to all of his performances. Also, The Rolling Stones were probably more influential in terms of on-stage antics.

But your point is taken, and agreed with. Hendrix was one of the forefathers in revolutionizing music, and essentially society.

 #32 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:49
Hippie_Emo_Killer Hippie_Emo_Killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by I Ride The Yellow Bus:
Well I noticed he is tha only brotha dat was ever involved in dat genre. He wasn't tha best though. And I've noticed that some people only listen to him cuz he's dead. But you know you and shit till you are dead. Any one agree dat he was the only brotha doin his thing ?

*i'm still fresh*




Learn how to fucking spell nigger
 #33 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:03
rational gaze rational gaze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by DA:
Maynard > Hendrix.
{DA}



^^^

/thread
 #34 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:14
Zoe Zoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

nirvana till the end.
wait bit non sequitur.
jimi's RaD.

and rock and roll...
 #35 
Old 2006-03-19, 02:09
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by Jive Talka:
Yes you are in the wrong forum and your statement makes no sense. "tha only brotha in da genre"? What the hell does that mean? Rock? If that what you're saying, then that is by far the dumbest thing I have ever read. Prince, Eddie Hazel, Reggi Wooten, Jai "Jai-Moe" Johnson, hell his brother Lenny Hendrix (I believe that's his name), Blackbyrd McKnight, Vernon Reid, Greg Howe , Dr. Know are all greatly gifted guitarist (except Jai-Moe is a drummer),the list of "brotha's" goes one.


Prince isn't rock you fucken idiot.
 #36 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:06
Regular
 
Winston-Salem/Greensboro, NC
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by I Ride The Yellow Bus:
Prince isn't rock you fucken idiot.



*sigh* You've obviously never listened to The Times or Prince. Go out and buy a few of there albums and then you'll see just how stupid the statement you just made was.
 #37 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:15
Regular
 
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Excuse me while I kiss the sky (insane guitaring folows)
 #38 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:22
masteroftheobvious masteroftheobvious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

clapton>santana>me>hendrix

seriously, i dont know what everyone is cracking him up to be. he sucks. seriously. i mean...hes black. black people can only be good athletes and win fried chicken eating contests

all he did was grunge and Rock and Roll

and he didnt even do grunge

[This message has been edited by masteroftheobvious (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #39 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:23
NarcolepticInsomniac NarcolepticInsomniac is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Hendrix was the shit because there wasnt anyone else in his time quite like him. i guess you pretty much say that about a lot of black people but he was known because he rocked out with the best of the best. Also the fact that he did it like a white dude probably played into it because there werent really that many black hippy rockers (that were well known atleast).
 #40 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:25
Regular
 
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Master of the obvious, you forgot black people can also rap :O
 #41 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:26
person person is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Joe Satriani aint dead and people listen to him :S fargoff
 #42 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:43
THEatomicpunk THEatomicpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

My my, how the times of Totse have changed. I remember 'twas my first topic in which I said Jimi Hendrix sucked compared to other rockers of his time. The flaming lasted for days upon days, with not a soul to stand by me in my defense. Fortunately, I have realized the irrationality of my statements, and have taken the side of which I was once an opposition to.

Now this dumbfuck comes on here and runs his mouth, in the wrong forum, it ISN'T FUCKING LOCKED YET and there are people agreeing with him.
 #43 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:49
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Um...Hendrix is the best in the genre.

And no, people don't just listen to him because he's dead. They listen to him because he pwns.
 #44 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:39
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

Steve Vai>Hendrix.

[/thread]
 #45 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:43
ulTRAX ulTRAX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

andres segovia > jimi hendrix
 #46 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:55
Mr. Stabby Mr. Stabby is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

FUCK OFF!!!!

Jimmi hendrix is fucking amazing you twat. Everyone has a different taste in music, some people have no taste in music. You are one of the rare idiots that has no taste. Jimmy Hendrix revolutionised music, he was a great guitarsist and a good singer. He was passionate about what he did, and he was great at what he did. You sit there in front of you computer screen on your fat and lazy arse criticising someone who made so much more of their life than you ever will. Mabeye if you became one of the all time greatest guitar players, revolutionised music and learned how to sing well then you would be in a possition to criticise but until you stop being so crap then you should STFU BITCH!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Stabby (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #47 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:50
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Stabby:
FUCK OFF!!!!

Jimmi hendrix is fucking amazing you twat. Everyone has a different taste in music, some people have no taste in music. You are one of the rare idiots that has no taste. Jimmy Hendrix revolutionised music, he was a great guitarsist and a good singer. He was passionate about what he did, and he was great at what he did. You sit there in front of you computer screen on your fat and lazy arse criticising someone who made so much more of their life than you ever will. Mabeye if you became one of the all time greatest guitar players, revolutionised music and learned how to sing well then you would be in a possition to criticise but until you stop being so crap then you should STFU BITCH!!!!!




I'm not shure if you are talking to me but I never implied that Jimi Hendrix doesn't pwn

*i'm still fresh*
 #48 
Old 2006-03-19, 21:01
Vai Vai is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Jimi Hendrix (yes this is the right forum)

He drowned in his own vomit. Thats freakin sweet.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics