About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:31
Graah Graah is offline
Regular
 
Default Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

Well, some of them make sense. Jeff Hunter made this place and is jesus. Lifejunkie is pretty learned. Warweed is a genius. Most of the mods know a lot about the forum they mod.

But why are the other admins in power? Did they help start totse or something? I'm not saying they're undeserved, just curious.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:40
VolatileShiftInPersona VolatileShiftInPersona is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

They're all learned in their own special way.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:42
Where Is Your God Now Where Is Your God Now is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

quote:
Originally posted by VolatileShiftInPersona:
H4X!


 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:44
Your Papi Your Papi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

I don't know maybe all this bandwidth is free...
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:46
Head-shopper Head-shopper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

Admin > mod > regular

Start at regular and work your way up with good posts and generally being helpful.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:47
Graah Graah is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

quote:
Originally posted by Head-shopper:
Admin > mod > regular

Start at regular and work your way up with good posts and generally being helpful.



I'm not saying I want to be a mod or admin. And I'm not saying the ones that are shouldn't be. I'm just asking why some of them are.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:48
Head-shopper Head-shopper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

quote:
Originally posted by Graah:
I'm not saying I want to be a mod or admin. And I'm not saying the ones that are shouldn't be. I'm just asking why some of them are.


Maybe your incorrect and they have some qualities that make them a good mod/admin.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:50
the_inner_war the_inner_war is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

They're the "popular kids" of Totse. Kind of like the cliques in high school, except the "non-popular" kids can stand up against them with only a threat of being banned or having their post locked.

They're elitist, but they've earned their position.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:50
Niggers_With_Attitude Niggers_With_Attitude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

its because they can suck a mean cock
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:58
Moderator
 
Wasilla, Alaska
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

I moderate a forum on another board, and was chosen because of my vast knowledge, keen sense of humor, and near-genius IQ.

Oh, and my humility.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:04
Regular
 
In ya mam.
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

quote:
Originally posted by Head-shopper:
Admin > mod > regular

Start at regular and work your way up with good posts and generally being helpful.



 #12 
Old 2006-03-18, 21:18
MomentaryLapseOfReason MomentaryLapseOfReason is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

quote:
Originally posted by ArmsMerchant:
I moderate a forum on another board, and was chosen because of my vast knowledge, keen sense of humor, and near-genius IQ.

Oh, and my humility.



Back in your shack, old man.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:06
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Why are the mods and admins mods and admins?

Because we pwn j00, l33t h4x0rzz!

Cheers,
Lost
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics