About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:33
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Shrinking a t shirt

I have a black 100% cotton t shirt that I want to shrink up. Its cool, but its just too fucking big. Its about 6" too big around, and about 5" too long.

I just microwaved a cup of water for 3 minutes til it was boiling, and I put it in a glass bowl with my shirt, and put the lid on the bowl. Its been in there about 3 minutes so far. How much longer should I wait to take it out?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:33
PackmanOnCrack PackmanOnCrack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

fag
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:44
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

quote:
Originally posted by PackmanOnCrack:
fag



Profile for PackmanOnCrack

Search: All posts by this registered user.

Date Registered: 02-28-2006b
Status: Regular
Total Posts: 112
Current Email: Not available.
Homepage: http
Occupation: ...
Location: Surrey B.C
Interests:
ICQ Number:

BOLD text represents ownage

BOLD ITALIC text represents terminal ownage.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:47
Zoe Zoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

id say about 20 minutes... but im no expert
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:48
PackmanOnCrack PackmanOnCrack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

quote:
Originally posted by Generic Box Of Cookies:

Profile for PackmanOnCrack

Search: All posts by this registered user.

Date Registered: [b]02-28-2006
b
Status: Regular
Total Posts: 112
Current Email: Not available.
Homepage: http
Occupation: ...
Location: Surrey B.C
Interests:
ICQ Number:

BOLD text represents ownage

BOLD ITALIC text represents terminal ownage.[/B]



It aint pwnage because I live in surrey bitch.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:49
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

quote:
Originally posted by Zoe:
id say about 20 minutes... but im no expert



I just dumped in the second cup 2 minutes ago. Its been in hot water about 10 minutes. Some of the black dye is leeched into the water. If it wasn't 2 am I would throw the shirt in a pot of water on the stove, then shrink it in the dryer.

I don't care if the shirt shrinks a bunch. Its huge right now. I want more of a rockstar fit.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:53
Zoe Zoe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

yeah not a bad idea... it just depends how exact you want the size. but its hard to get it right. meh whatever have fun.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:01
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

It wasn't shrinking, so I just threw the bowl and shirt in the fucking microwave, and set the timer for 5 minutes. Hopefully it doesnt get fucked up. If it does, oh well.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:13
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

Microwaving a shirt? Okay...

I had a friend who microwaved his wallet after he got it wet. He forgot about his credit cards and such, they were all fried. And he also had one of those metal rings so you can put a chain on it. Lets just say his microwave got fucked up.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:18
notracking notracking is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

I also need to shrink one of my shirts so this is what you do

put it in the washer at max heat, then line dry (don't do the dryer as that will stretch it)

BAM!
 #11 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:27
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

quote:
Originally posted by notracking:
I also need to shrink one of my shirts so this is what you do

put it in the washer at max heat, then line dry (don't do the dryer as that will stretch it)

BAM!




How bout hanging it in my room?

Is the prolonged heat better than a short burst of intense heat, or does it not shrink until it drys?
 #12 
Old 2006-03-18, 12:01
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

Ill update this in a few hours with pics when Im successful.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-18, 12:49
apocalypse_now21 apocalypse_now21 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shrinking a t shirt

im pretty sure youd have to put it through the dryer at some stage...other than that no idea...good luck though
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics