About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:39
robyextreme robyextreme is offline
Regular
 
Default When did you want to be born?

By this I mean the year. It can be any A.D or B.C day as long as human civilization was around then..

For me I wish I was born in 1955-1960. So I could have been a teenager in the 70s



[This message has been edited by robyextreme (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:40
MomentaryLapseOfReason MomentaryLapseOfReason is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I enjoy this time period.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:41
Loc Dogg Loc Dogg is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

The time where I would be old enough to have the taste in music I have now, but in the 80s. So I could enjoy the release of Iron Maiden's, Dio's and Alphaville's best albums. AND I could see Maiden live here in Aus. They havent toured here since the late 80s!!!!!!!!!!!
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:41
TheTuna TheTuna is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

Part of me wishes I had been around for WW2! I would have only died! oops.

Maybe the year 3000.

[This message has been edited by TheTuna (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:42
Pirate Hippie Pirate Hippie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

Definatly born in the late 40's, so I could be a teenager in the 60's, the best era. I've been told I don't belong in this time. I'm a 60's child.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:50
D.E.A-D D.E.A-D is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

Definately around 1870 cause at my age I could walk into the store and buy soothing cough syrup AKA heroin. They called this peroid a dope feinds paradise. Everybody was hardcore back then too.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:53
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I'm pretty happy being born at the time I was born. May be I'd like to have been born in 1979 or 1980 so I could've gotten a few more years out of the 80's, as I was born in '83. But, other than that I'd like to be born the year my father was born, I guess: 1948. He was a teenager in the 60's, in his late 20's for the 70's. Pretty good times, I assume. And most of it was after the invention of penecillin.

Cheers,
Lost
 #8 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:16
scorpio2121 scorpio2121 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

yeah, ww2, its just cos im that fighting type o' guy.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:21
cracky cracky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

quote:
Originally posted by scorpio2121:
yeah, ww2, its just cos im that fighting type o' guy.


I wish I was born a thousand years ago.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:23
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I am happy with the time I was born in. I got to witness a new millenium, and new age of technology. I also got to see tsunamis that killed thousands, hurricanes that were larger than any others, and a slew of other awesome things.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:39
Atticus_Ellis Atticus_Ellis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by robyextreme:
[B]

For me I wish I was born in 1955-1960. So I could have been a teenager in the 70s

 #12 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:43
Ozzy Osbourne Ozzy Osbourne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

the 60's
 #13 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:46
Dong_Quixote Dong_Quixote is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

In the year 2525.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:35
Regular
 
Minneapolis
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

Being alive is cool with me.

If I had to pick I would choose to be a teenager during the late-60's
 #15 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:37
m0ckturtle m0ckturtle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I wish I were born tomorrow, which would cause a space-time flux in the warp drive and destroy the universe.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:39
Regular
 
S. Africa
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

quote:
Originally posted by Dong_Quixote:
In the year 2525.


If man is still alive...

I'd say exactly 40 years before I was born: 1948.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:40
lacker lacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

Im thinking 1940s as well (In America). Live in the San francisco bay as a teen in the 60s. I believe in defending America but I would have been a card burner for vietnam. that war was bullshit. So I would have stayed and (If I had the knowledge of todays events) i would have been tutored in math to study computer science and been there in the late 70s and early 80s as silicon valley started up and made investments. then, I'de be rich today and I would live in a posh home in the foothills of Warm Sunny california maybe near Santa Barbara. I would program my tv to not watch any shows where violence is involved or thug music or R&B or Rap music or Death Rock or anything that i consider violent or disturbing.

Thats right, i would live in a sheltered life of delussion. Then, Wait for 2028 for the big Asteroid to slam into Earth.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:41
tjiseclipsed tjiseclipsed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I wish I was born in 1955-1960 also. I hate this generation...
 #19 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:24
Flyingpiggs Flyingpiggs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

with Jesus
 #20 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:27
lacker lacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

quote:
Originally posted by Flyingpiggs:
with Jesus


not sure if you're serious but that was a harsh time to live in. If the people who piss and moan about unfairness in this world were to live back then.... All I can say is HHAHAHAHAHA
 #21 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:37
zebra head zebra head is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

quote:
Originally posted by robyextreme:

For me I wish I was born in 1955-1960. So I could have been a teenager in the 70s






That or in the distant future when 100% sex changes are possible, including homegrown ovaries
 #22 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:41
NarcolepticInsomniac NarcolepticInsomniac is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

wish i was a teenager in the 60's or 70's so i could see led zeppelin and jimmy Hendrix play but otherwise i guess i like it now.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:42
I Ride The Yellow Bus I Ride The Yellow Bus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

Late fifties, then i'd be a teen in the 60's. So I could hear music when it was actually good
 #24 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:44
Flyingpiggs Flyingpiggs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

quote:
Originally posted by lacker:
not sure if you're serious but that was a harsh time to live in. If the people who piss and moan about unfairness in this world were to live back then.... All I can say is HHAHAHAHAHA



Then I would know that Jesus existed...

Otherwise, before reefer madness
 #25 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:49
Dream of the iris Dream of the iris is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

quote:
Originally posted by MomentaryLapseOfReason:
I enjoy this time period.


 #26 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:01
rebdomine rebdomine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

When I was born I didn't have the option.
But if you mean, when "do" you wish you were born, i'd say 1925...Germany.
 #27 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:16
outcast outcast is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I grew up in the seventies...they were good times.

But...instead of an era...maybe it would have been best to have been born in a different country...

I dunno...
 #28 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:30
AgentGill AgentGill is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I'm thinking like 3000 in China (or whatever the superpower will be)
 #29 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:41
Regular
 
Planet Earth
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

I would love to had lived out more of my life in the 90's. man the 90's were cool. Internet, but no patriot act and no hypernationalism/labling muslims/pyros/political dissidents "terrorists." Oh, and no bloody Iraq war.

EDIT: being born in Jerusalem at about 18 BC would be pretty cool too. I could hang with Jesus and maybe even get mentioned in the Bible! That's one hell of a way to be immortal.

You people who say that the 70's would be awesome because of the music are morons. Anyone who was actually around then will tell you that there was a ton of really really shitty music (hint: Friday Night Fever anyone?); the only ones that still have albums being sold now are the good ones.

Now, living in Haight-Ashbury during its glory days would be pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #30 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:43
Quageschi Quageschi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

in the year 487453057635. That would be sick
 #31 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:54
BobG BobG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: When did you want to be born?

Id like to be born in the 60's, and go through the hippy wave :O
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics