About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:56
Regular
 
Tallahassee FL
Default Heart Attack/panic attack question..

Okay, here's a little background information of what just happened:

This was posted recently in the drugs forum in another thread, which I was intially asking when symptoms first occured. Then, this post was made when things got more severe, well, right after.


Update.. please, I'd love some info now.. sigh..

So now a couple hours after we finished doing the cocaine.. (at least 1.3 hours, no less) we decided to smoke a bowl.

I took two hits, and suddenly it all got worse. Tension, a slight pain almost in the chest up/down a bit. Then it got to be a bit paralyzing and I laid down in my girlfriend's lap while she tried to calm me down. I laid down and relaxed while pain gained momentum, my heart was racing. I felt lagged in my left arm and chest areas, with a bit of tingling in the face and hands. It feels like it peaked a while back and now it's just subsiding slowly with light ache/residual pain.

What's the deal? This is crazy as hell and I don't like it. I only did say 3-4 lines. What's the deal? Cocaine responsible? Heart? Muscle aches and tension with panic? Any ideas? Suggestions? Doctor tomorrow for me?

Last thought - this all happened almost exclusively in the left sie of my body.. is a stroke a possibility at all? Would I be okay afterward like I am?

=======

Cut. So here I sit and I ponder after searching on the web for what just happened to me and I'm finding a couple things that match up with my symptoms.

Panic Attack is the first one - very closely resembles this, but my chest/arm areas still feel sore after everything "happened".

Heart Attack - I imagine if I had one of these, I would need to be in the hospital now and it would have been a lot more crippling in it's most intense form. Also >

I had one of these similar attacks or events exactly one week ago under similar circumstances. I had an EKG yesterday (4 days after initial event) and it came up absolutely dandy. As I understand it if I even had a minor heart attack, damage would have been done to my heart and the EKG would ahve picked this up.

I base this off of some statistics that reveal that many people who actually have "silent heart attacks" (no pain) are discovered at annual EKGs, which implies that one can discover the damage obviously much later.

Any other suggestions, comments, or "you're totally wrong here's the right side of things" posts? I'm just looking for other viewpoints and a little eyeball on what happened to me.

The Doc says it was an outer chest wall muscle pull. But why would I have an "attack" like that? Muscle pains don't react that way, do they? Hm. Soreness feels like a muscle. If I pull my arm all the way back (left) I get a sore stretch across my left chest, which feels like a large muscle being sore.

Thanks for any help.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:59
Regular
 
Minneapolis
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

Big-Mac Attack?
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:10
Othello Othello is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

It was probably a panic attack.

Something similar happened to me while doing some bad crank once. Needless to say, I never touched the shit again and I never had another attack.

Panic attacks can really fuck you up and make you think that you�re having a heart attack or you�re about to die.

My advice would be to quit the cocaine.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:25
Regular
 
Tallahassee FL
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

quote:
Originally posted by Othello:
It was probably a panic attack.

Something similar happened to me while doing some bad crank once. Needless to say, I never touched the shit again and I never had another attack.

Panic attacks can really fuck you up and make you think that you�re having a heart attack or you�re about to die.

My advice would be to quit the cocaine.



Well, I would agree with this one, but I have one question regarding it:

Would I still feel sore after a panic attack? I felt like that would be all mental in the end.

My chest/left/shoulderish still feels slightly "sore/tense" (best way to describe, I don't feel like it's pain). Would this be normal AFTER a panic attack (hour later?).

Thanks so much!
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:28
TheTuna TheTuna is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

Seek professional Advice! Your health is to valuable to risk.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:34
ProAudio ProAudio is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

Been through a simmilar situation. Never had heartburn before but all the drugs, a pack or two of cigaretts, and all the garbage I was eating brought it on. Thought I was dying, took heart rate and what not, seemed fine. Took heartburn meds and all was well.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:44
Regular
 
Tallahassee FL
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

quote:
Originally posted by ProAudio:
Been through a simmilar situation. Never had heartburn before but all the drugs, a pack or two of cigaretts, and all the garbage I was eating brought it on. Thought I was dying, took heart rate and what not, seemed fine. Took heartburn meds and all was well.



Would heartburn actually give me pain in my left shoulder/upper arm though?
 #8 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:50
Othello Othello is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

quote:
Originally posted by Kureishima:
Well, I would agree with this one, but I have one question regarding it:

Would I still feel sore after a panic attack? I felt like that would be all mental in the end.

My chest/left/shoulderish still feels slightly "sore/tense" (best way to describe, I don't feel like it's pain). Would this be normal AFTER a panic attack (hour later?).

Thanks so much!



Just relax and give it a few days. It sounds like you�re still stressing over what happened which is a normal reaction. You need to try to get it out of your mind somehow.

I know the feeling, after my attack I was paranoid for about a week afterward, but eventually everything got back to normal and I haven�t experienced anything like it since. I can�t remember all the details, but I do remember it weighed on my mind for quite a while. Like you, I thought that something was seriously wrong with me, but in reality nothing was, it was all in my mind.

What freaked me out was, I had never experienced anything like this before so I didn�t know what was wrong. Later on I figured out that it was the all the crank a few friends and me did earlier in the evening. The weird thing was that I had done that shit many times before, but for some reason, It totally fucked me up that one time.

Maybe you should go and get a through check up so you won't continue to worry about it.


 #9 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:55
Regular
 
Tallahassee FL
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

quote:
Originally posted by Othello:
Just relax and give it a few days. It sounds like you�re still stressing over what happened which is a normal reaction. You need to try to get it out of your mind somehow.

I know the feeling, after my attack I was paranoid for about a week afterward, but eventually everything got back to normal and I haven�t experienced anything like it since. I can�t remember all the details, but I do remember it weighed on my mind for quite a while. Like you, I thought that something was seriously wrong with me, but in reality nothing was, it was all in my mind.

What freaked me out was, I had never experienced anything like this before so I didn�t know what was wrong. Later on I figured out that it was the all the crank a few friends and me did earlier in the evening. The weird thing was that I had done that shit many times before, but for some reason, It totally fucked me up that one time.

Maybe you should go and get a through check up so you won't continue to worry about it.





This sounds absolutely like me! Especially the third paragraph.

I have one question though - after the attack did you feel soreness in that area that had pain? My case, upperleft chest and slighly shoulder and upper arm. I'm resting a lot better after your post.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:05
Othello Othello is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

^^It has been a while since this happened so I can�t remember if I did or not. I do remember that shortly after, every ache or pain I felt I started thinking �Oh shit, here we go again�.

I�m no doctor and there�s absolutely no way I could accurately diagnose the problem, but I bet if you just relax and take it easy you�ll get back to normal.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:51
Regular
 
Tallahassee FL
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

Sounds good to me. It just makes me extremely paranoid. I'm conscious of my heart beating normally and it freaks me out - so when I think there's a problem.. I get even further freaked out.

I've always had problems sleeping in my life and these days when I have a real issue I just pop a half mg of Xanax and go on to bed. But lately after this event, I haven't been able to sleep even worse (anxious, tense.. slight paranoia about what could happen) and I'm trying to avoid using ANY drugs (my "normals" as in possibly more than once a week are hydrocodone and weed, maybe xanax) so it's strange when I can't use any of my sleep aids (weed, xanny).

So I end up staying up all hours of the night because I fear utilizing any drugs for fear of.. the unknown!

I'm pretty positive that loritabs or xanax wouldn't agitate a condition even if I had a slight one, but I'm still erring on the side of caution for now.... meh.

I've been meaning to go to the doctor about sleeping issues and a little lower back pain. Weee..
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:57
bloodydiaperman bloodydiaperman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

it was panic, lay off the weed and coke, they increase heart rate, stick to downers.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:05
Regular
 
Tallahassee FL
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

quote:
Originally posted by bloodydiaperman:
it was panic, lay off the weed and coke, they increase heart rate, stick to downers.



I knew weed increased the heart rate - but to any notable degree for any period of time? I thought it was mild and temporary.. but it does appear to agitate me when I smoke - which is why I've stopped. Probably for a couple weeks..

But you propose that pain pills/xanax would be acceptable? Relaxtion of said muscles wouldn't pose any threat.. right?
 #14 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:06
bloodydiaperman bloodydiaperman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Heart Attack/panic attack question..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydiaperman
it was panic, lay off the weed and coke, they increase heart rate, stick to downers.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics