About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:18
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Europe

Is there any country in Europe that has modern cities, modern arcitecture, etc? As I'm British I have free right to work in any European country as I wish without a visa, so which one should I go to?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:05
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by TheKillerMonkey:
Is there any country in Europe that has modern cities, modern arcitecture, etc? As I'm British I have free right to work in any European country as I wish without a visa, so which one should I go to?


Finland and Sweden.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:06
ShqipTAR ShqipTAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by TheKillerMonkey:
Is there any country in Europe that has modern cities, modern arcitecture, etc? As I'm British I have free right to work in any European country as I wish without a visa, so which one should I go to?


Come to the Balkans. Its open to interpretation if its modern, but because of all the over lapping empires - islamic, catholic, and orthodox, we have some of the best architecture in the world. And its more fap fap fap then Amsterdam.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:06
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

Europe is a shit hole that should've been carpet bombed 10 years ago.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:10
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

"Its the final countdown!"...
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:14
Faithless Faithless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

The Eastern Bloc.

They have reality there as well as pretty little things and Vodka.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:19
Certified Dead Certified Dead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
America, the Middle East and Africa are shit holes that should've been carpet bombed 10 years ago.


I concur

Europe owns you.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:22
TheTuna TheTuna is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by ShqipTAR:
Come to the Balkans. Its open to interpretation if its modern, but because of all the over lapping empires - islamic, catholic, and orthodox, we have some of the best architecture in the world. And its more fap fap fap then Amsterdam.


I've heard budapest is a very cool city! Two completely different architectural cities separated by a river.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:27
ShqipTAR ShqipTAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by TheTuna:
I've heard budapest is a very cool city! Two completely different architectural cities separated by a river.


I've never been to Budapest, but yeah I'm sure it is. Its like that almost everywhere, in my opinion the coolest example being Mostar in Hercegovina. The old town just blends in so well with the modern, photos can do it no justice, it is beyond beautiful. All the destruction just makes it even more so to me. The city completely changes atmosphere depending on which side of the bridge you are.

quote:
I concur

Europe owns you.

America and West Europe is for all intents and purposes the same place filled with the same people only speaking slightly different languages. Youre just mad at eachother because you think the other is better subliminally. The middle east and africa pwn, stfu.

[This message has been edited by ShqipTAR (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:28
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
Europe is a shit hole that should've been carpet bombed 10 years ago.


Update your at home tooth removal thread, fag.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:17
costley costley is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
Europe is a shit hole that should've been carpet bombed 10 years ago.


chances are, your decended from europeans unless ur a negro and/or oriental
 #12 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:35
Mr. Dazed and Confused Mr. Dazed and Confused is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

Probably so, but who really cares about most their decendents anyways. If I never met them, oh well. Europe is quite nice, Germany is cool, Italy, Greece, and Holland. Ive been to all 4 and Ive been to France, but I wouldn't brag about that.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:51
deathcon5 deathcon5 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

Zurich, Switzerland....chillest place ive been in europe....heard amsterdam is the shit from one of my bros too...
 #14 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:02
TheTuna TheTuna is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

ShqipTAR, I want pictures of your city/town! Gimmie!
 #15 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:13
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: Europe

Sweden.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:10
ShqipTAR ShqipTAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by TheTuna:
ShqipTAR, I want pictures of your city/town! Gimmie!


My city/town is Pristina (Kosovo), and I admit not so charismatic, but hey! http://tinyurl.com/q8u5j Best photos I can find, the only other photos are of the projects and bombings so far. When I wake up I'll try and find pictures of my ancestoral willage, and I'll post up some specific Kosovar sites that are worth seeing.

But heres Mostar; http://tinyurl.com/rccpc http://tinyurl.com/rtnfq http://tinyurl.com/qbleg http://tinyurl.com/n4txx http://tinyurl.com/mfwro
 #17 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:20
smoketheweed smoketheweed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

Germany's architechture and road layout is a carbon copy of the US.

Frankfurt's skyline: http://www.astrophotography.de/fra2.jpg

Again: http:/ /www.salsa card.de/to ols/cms/fi les/partne r_10044/Fr ankfurt%20 skyline.jpg

Road outside Frankfurt: http://www.fotos.geschichtsthemen.de/frankfurt-fotos/Ffm001a.jpg


Physically, the country looks like it's been moddled on the US. The people an and it's politics are a different matter.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:26
Loc Dogg Loc Dogg is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by ShqipTAR:
in my opinion the coolest example being Mostar in Hercegovina. The old town just blends in so well with the modern, photos can do it no justice, it is beyond beautiful. All the destruction just makes it even more so to me. The city completely changes atmosphere depending on which side of the bridge you are.


I agree. I've been to Mostar and it is an amazing place. Too bad Slovenia sucks. Montenegro is nice too. Bosnia.....stay away from it unless you're going to see the natural sights. It's too poor in most areas and no fun unless you speak Bosnian.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:32
Regular
 
Sydney
Default Re: Europe

I hear in Albania/Kosovo that family fights usually end up with death. And that some guy has been trapped in his house for 40 years; if he left, he would become gunned down. They also have 2M walls.

I've also heard that the albanian capital only has 1 street light, but i think that's bullshit.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:42
Regular
 
UK
Default Re: Europe

Germany is totally awsome.

When i went i was with some friends and we were about 15/16 at the time and you go into shops that sell real suits of armour and swords and shit and the guy even though he can SEE youre a teenager was like

"LOOK LOOK I WILL SELL YOU THIS LOVELY SWORD...HOW ABOUT A MACE!?"

It was pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by among_the_living (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #21 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:43
ShqipTAR ShqipTAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by Loc Dogg:
I agree. I've been to Mostar and it is an amazing place. Too bad Slovenia sucks. Montenegro is nice too. Bosnia.....stay away from it unless you're going to see the natural sights. It's too poor in most areas and no fun unless you speak Bosnian.

Slovenias a sell out to Germany/Austria, same with Croatia. Ljubljiana does have a grip of hot bitches though. And eh, the reason Bosnia is so uber is because its too poor in must areas, my Serbo-Hrvatski-Bosni blows dick - and I refuse to speak it unless I'm in HRV or BiH, but I still always get down when I go to either. It definately isn't a relax on the beach vacation though like in most of Dalmatia, so I can see why not many people go to Bosnia - or go any further then Mostar. Its equally as beautiful up in the east, but its the mountains not the steppes like Hercegovini. Montenegro I don't know much about since I'm overly paranoid about getting shot by Miloshan sympathizers.

quote:
I hear in Albania/Kosovo that family fights usually end up with death. And that some guy has been trapped in his house for 40 years; if he left, he would become gunned down. They also have 2M walls.
Thats mostly Gegenishtes, Maleshi (North Albania), and Kosovo. And yeah, it happens, it isn't so fucked up as it seems though, I think it actually reduces crime rate because people don't just fuck with you for no reason. If someone wants to steal something, kill some one, rape someone, they have to deal with real punishments, and the only people that get straight ganked are outsiders who haven't made any peace with any clans. The people who hide behind walls for 40 years are bitches who fucked up and won't come out for punishment, so they get there own poetic punishment by imprisoning themselves. There are several different ways you can make peace over a blood feud, but they don't want to.

Its said that all of the Sicilian mafia codes and laws actually came from Albanian immigrants fleeing Turkish oppression into Italy. Our clan laws and customs were formalized by Lek Dukagjin in the 15th century, my familys from a region named after him, and when my family moved from our village to Pristina they named me Dukagjin.

quote:
I've also heard that the albanian capital only has 1 street light, but i think that's bullshit.
Yeah it is. Tirana, the capitol of both Albania and of the Tosks - South Albanians, used to be on the list of 10 most dangerous cities in the world. Like just one big cluster fuck of shanty towns, but in around 2000 they elected a new mayor who rebuilt it almost perfectly. If you saw pictures of Tirana from today, you would think it was some where in West Europe.

And ehhh, I still can't find any pictures worth posting and its a pain in my dick to look through all of them. Its funny though, whenever the news sites want to show how great the UN is they post pictures of downtown Pristina - in the war the Serbs took it almost immediately without any fighting so its intact, and since its UN HQ the UN has made it all spiffy and shit. Whenever they post pictures about how horrible Serbs there from Djakovica.

Some day when I'm vagabonding I'll take a shitload and post them, I already promised Cloaked Daggers pics of an Albanian gunshop.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:48
Crippled Lucifer Crippled Lucifer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Europe

quote:
Originally posted by ShqipTAR:
My city/town is Pristina (Kosovo), and I admit not so charismatic, but hey! http://tinyurl.com/q8u5j Best photos I can find, the only other photos are of the projects and bombings so far. When I wake up I'll try and find pictures of my ancestoral willage, and I'll post up some specific Kosovar sites that are worth seeing.

But heres Mostar; http://tinyurl.com/rccpc http://tinyurl.com/rtnfq http://tinyurl.com/qbleg http://tinyurl.com/n4txx http://tinyurl.com/mfwro



Haahahaha, I'm pretty sure we don't even have a Bill Clinton Blvd. in America.

And to answer your question:

Norway
Finland
Sweden
Switzerland

Pretty much every European nation has at least one city that requires architectural work.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics