About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:50
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Salt On Her Tail

Does anyone know what "No salt on her tail" means? I heard it in a song and I don't understand what it means. Sounds like some kind of proverb.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:53
Where Is Your God Now Where Is Your God Now is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

Maybe it comes from this movie?
 #3 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:53
Lazy Serotonin Lazy Serotonin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

Too long/didn't read.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:54
GlowStickz GlowStickz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

Not in my arms
(la la la la)
But on my mind
(la la la la)
Yes, on my mind
(la la la la)
But not in my arms

Time passes by
(Time passes by)
And I watch her fly
(And I watch her fly)
Yes, I watch her fly
(Yes I watch her fly)
And time passes by

Though it's hard for me
(Though it's hard for me)
I'm going to leave her free
(I'm going to leave)
Cause that would be the best philosophy
(her free)
Then she'll come to me
(come to me)

So I feel that to be real that

This little bird
She can fly away
(She can fly away)
No salt on her tail
(No salt on her tail)
No cage to make her stay
(No cage to make her stay)

Though it's hard for me
(Though it's hard for me)
I'm going to leave her free
(I'm going to leave)
Cause that would be the best philosophy
(her free)
She'll come to me

So I feel that to be real

This little bird
She can fly away
(She can fly away)
No salt on her tail
(No salt on her tail)

So she can fly away
(No cage to make her stay)
No cage to make her stay
(No cage to make her stay)
This little bird can fly away
(No cage to make her stay)
(No cage to make her stay)
 #5 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:54
Where Is Your God Now Where Is Your God Now is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

Or maybe this swedish folktale?
 #6 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:25
Domenation Domenation is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

quote:
Originally posted by Where Is Your God Now:
Or maybe this swedish folktale?



Definitely my favourite Totse member.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:28
Hacker Hacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

It is just folklore that if you can put salt on a bird's tail, then you can catch the bird, because then it cannot fly.

 #8 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:39
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

If you're putting salt on a birds tail, why don't you just catch it there? Why do you need to put the salt on it? That's silly.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:46
Cooking with Zyklon B Cooking with Zyklon B is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

quote:
Originally posted by Zok:
If you're putting salt on a birds tail, why don't you just catch it there? Why do you need to put the salt on it? That's silly.



agreed.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:47
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

Don' try to interpret song lyrics. Your head will explode.

Listen to Shelf In The Room by Days Of The New. Do you know what the fuck that song is about?
 #11 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:38
Hacker Hacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

quote:
Originally posted by Zok:
If you're putting salt on a birds tail, why don't you just catch it there? Why do you need to put the salt on it? That's silly.



I didn't make it up but it's logical that if you can put salt on a birds tail, then the bird can't fly away so you can catch it - so it makes sense, right?

Well I think the saying is shake salt on a bird's tail feathers..... but it still works.

Avian Flu.....I dunno.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:57
spodie spodie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

quote:
Originally posted by Where Is Your God Now:
Or maybe this swedish folktale?


Thank you. I haven't heard that story since I was a kid.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:30
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

quote:
Originally posted by Hacker:
It is just folklore that if you can put salt on a bird's tail, then you can catch the bird, because then it cannot fly.




Thanks.

And Zok, yea, I agree. It's a stupid saying.

Cheers,
Lost

 #14 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:54
moonmeister moonmeister is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

Well...I've tasted salt on a bird's 'tail'...haven't youse?
 #15 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:16
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Salt On Her Tail

quote:
Originally posted by GlowStickz:
Not in my arms
(la la la la)
But on my mind
(la la la la)
Yes, on my mind
(la la la la)
But not in my arms

Time passes by
(Time passes by)
And I watch her fly
(And I watch her fly)
Yes, I watch her fly
(Yes I watch her fly)
And time passes by

Though it's hard for me
(Though it's hard for me)
I'm going to leave her free
(I'm going to leave)
Cause that would be the best philosophy
(her free)
Then she'll come to me
(come to me)

So I feel that to be real that

This little bird
She can fly away
(She can fly away)
No salt on her tail
(No salt on her tail)
No cage to make her stay
(No cage to make her stay)

Though it's hard for me
(Though it's hard for me)
I'm going to leave her free
(I'm going to leave)
Cause that would be the best philosophy
(her free)
She'll come to me

So I feel that to be real

This little bird
She can fly away
(She can fly away)
No salt on her tail
(No salt on her tail)

So she can fly away
(No cage to make her stay)
No cage to make her stay
(No cage to make her stay)
This little bird can fly away
(No cage to make her stay)
(No cage to make her stay)



That's the song I heard it in.

Cheers,
Lost
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics