About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:30
Regular
 
The state of Illinois.
Default Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Ever get that growing up because you had nicer stuff than them?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:32
smoketheweed smoketheweed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

I live in a 6 bedroomed, detached house. I prefer not to disclose my location - even to friends. Although, my parents aren't exactly rich, my dad had saved money and got it build when materials and labour was very cheap.

[This message has been edited by smoketheweed (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #3 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:32
Isobutane Isobutane is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

No.
My friends at school are all really spoilt and think I'm this total pauper.
My out of school friends just know I'm a little more well off than their poor asses.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:33
burntoffering burntoffering is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by OneMulatto:
Ever get that growing up because you had nicer stuff than them?


nah, but they all called me spoiled. my parents never bought one thing for me growing up, beides an odd acton figure here an there. I got an Ipod, and they called me spoiled. even though I had worked for almost a month to buy it. fuckers.

~agent orange.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:36
ShqipTAR ShqipTAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by OneMulatto:
Ever get that growing up because you had nicer stuff than them?


It makes sense that a faggot like you would be bitch made.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:36
RandomHero RandomHero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by burntoffering:
nah, but they all called me spoiled. my parents never bought one thing for me growing up, beides an odd acton figure here an there. I got an Ipod, and they called me spoiled. even though I had worked for almost a month to buy it. fuckers.

~agent orange.



People like that are just jealous dipshits. Best case scenario there is putting a dent in their face. Preferably with your fist/ball peen hammer.

EDIT: Above post: HAHAHAHAHAHA!

[This message has been edited by RandomHero (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #7 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:37
Regular
 
Saskatchewan
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Both my parents have great jobs.


Edit: Too bad they are divorced.

[This message has been edited by Chinese Food52 (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #8 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:39
GlowStickz GlowStickz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Well.. my dads a top computer engineer at IBM.. Ive got a 3 story house on stilts.. yes everyone thinks im rich. I am but my dad is a budget whore.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:46
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Im happy as long as I got a nice guitar and a gun. And bullets.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:53
Dark Kaiser Dark Kaiser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by smoketheweed:
I live in a 6 bedroomed, detached house. I prefer not to disclose my location - even to friends. Although, my parents aren't exactly rich, my dad had saved money and got it build when materials and labour was very cheap.




You live in some rich ass part of Joburg you spoilt fuck. Isolating yourself from the rest of South Africa...
 #11 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:55
asma123 asma123 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

fo' sho
 #12 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:58
gadzooks gadzooks is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

I lived in what some of my friends consider a big house. So they all assume I'm rich.

The fact is, not only am I not automatically "as rich" as my mom just because she's my mother, but she isn't even rich in the first place.

I guess it depends on the people you hang out with. If you hang out with ghetto people, they'll think you're rich. If you associate with richer people, they'll think you're poor.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:59
astrid astrid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

No. The only kids poorer than me back in high school were the ones who were there on scholarship.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:02
Lord Sorpington Lord Sorpington is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

I have a 4 bedroom detached house in a very nice area. My parents are fairly well-off. Not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but more than comfortable.

I'm not spoilt at all. I know people whose parents are poorer (occasionally significantly) than mine who get a great deal more money spent on them.

I really don't care though. I'm happy.

Nice inheritance when it comes through, eh? Though I'll probably die prior to my parents.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:08
Your Papi Your Papi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

I'm not, but my freinds always thought I was beacuse I always had a shitload of video games.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:10
manaic manaic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

I live in this good area of my nieghborhood. I got a 2 story house and a 2 story garage. And a basement that has a 50" 70" plasma tv. My dad owns 2 clubs in chicgo and a Italian restuarnant.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:18
SilentOp47 SilentOp47 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Yea I guess. I live in the better part of town and my parents have a lot of money. However they don't give me a lot. They really taught me to work for things since they came here from Poland like 14 years ago with practically nothing. Plus they a very conservative when it comes to money and only spend it when it needs to be spent ie. fixing the house, or food and clothes. My dad likes to buy nice things though. But yea my parents never gave me much without having to work for it, they'll probably buy me a car and all but it's still used, I have to pay for gas, whatever I'm happy.

I'm glad I'm not spoiled like all the bithes here though. A person's character is totally different. When they go into the real world they won't have a clue on what to do without mommy and daddy. I have most of the life skills I need

Hey Manaic do you live in Chicago too, what clubs does your dad own?
 #18 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:24
Neiromaru Neiromaru is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

eh, yeah, i accidently let slip at some point that i'm set to inherit a huge ammount of money in a few years, and that i already have a huge ammount of money invested, that's making me a few thousand a year.

and they never let me forget it even though i wont be able to use the mone until i'm 21 -_-;
 #19 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:24
Regular
 
KING SHYSTER
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by OneMulatto:
Ever get that growing up because you had nicer stuff than them?


Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Uh... ya. Also they think they you get hand outs ALL the fuckin time.. but over half... if not ALL the time, you did infact work for it.

Fortanite having a bizz you can work in at the age of fuckin 12 to the present... So ya, tell them you get hand outs, full fill there fucked up mentallity, and or fuckin perversion, just to fulfill there hope-less little life/ exsitance.

Ps... CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 #20 
Old 2006-03-18, 07:23
Regular
 
The state of Illinois.
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

I think you're all spoiled.
 #21 
Old 2006-03-18, 07:28
Splinter7 Splinter7 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Yeah I get that all the time because my family lives in a double story large house in a nice estate, drives a BMW X5 and a Nissan 350Z and we have plasma tv's and such. My dad is a director for Hitachi (Data systems). I wouldn't say we are rich, just well off.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-18, 07:34
steveswift steveswift is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by burntoffering:
I got an Ipod, and they called me spoiled. even though I had worked for almost a month to buy it. fuckers.


The singer in my band got an iPod for xmas, two weeks later the drummer in my band has one and I have never seen him use it yet... They both have never worked a hard hour in their lives...

The drummer also told his parents that he needed a car, the went and bought him an expensive bitch mobile with a fartcan and shiny wheels...

he broke a cymbal the other day on his kit, he rang a shop in the city to get them to send him a new one and charged it straight to his parents credit card...

I FUCKING HATE THAT!

The guitarist and I work for our stuff, and we work damn hard, it pisses me off
 #23 
Old 2006-03-18, 07:49
Winters Winters is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

God, I get that all the time. Everyday of my life:

Them: "Dude, let's go see that new movie that a person with good taste wouldn't watch if it was playing in his eyelids."

Me: "No."

Them: "Why not?"

Me: "I don't have any money."

Them: "Dude, your parents are rich."

Me: "And?"

Them: "They give you money."

Me: "I think you mean to say 'your parents give you money'."
 #24 
Old 2006-03-18, 07:55
Regular
 
Bartertown, NV
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by steveswift:
The guitarist and I work for our stuff, and we work damn hard, it pisses me off


Yeah dude, I know how it is. Im a guitarist. I don't get no allowance. If I want money, I have to fucking work for it.

Its good his parents support his passion though, but if they really cared about his drumming, they would let him buy his own shit. You are a lot more motivated to use your instrument if you had to spend your hard earned dollars on it.

I know this guy, and he just bought a brand new $2600 acoustic guitar. He didn't shop or look for a good deal. He just bought it because it was the most expensive one he could get. Rich people suck.
 #25 
Old 2006-03-18, 07:59
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

I am sure at least a few do. I always have money with me, but not because I am rich, it is just that I always seem to have $20+ when I am with my friends. Plus, I always seem to have the "newsest, coolest computer stuff". That is mainly because I build all my computers out of parts I get from old computers, or buy really, really cheap, and will just overclock the computer to make it fast.

Plus, my room looks like a rich kids room. That is because I build everything in my room. Plus the whole lighting is doen with dark bulbs and such, so it is really dark most of the time, covering the filth.
 #26 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:08
Loc Dogg Loc Dogg is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

No. But I usually have more money than them. Because I didn't take out a loan to buy my first car. And I don't drink a lot, or smoke lots of weed, or gamble.
 #27 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:12
Regular
 
The state of Illinois.
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Good. I hate that shit.

And why do they think you would be rich because you're parents are rich?
 #28 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:27
Loc Dogg Loc Dogg is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

It's a typical stereotype. "Oh shit man his dad has 5 cars, i bet he's fucken loaded because his dad would buy him whatever he wants, because he's rich".

And another thing. If your parents are rich but they're tightasses......that is why they are rich. Because they are tightasses. You don't get rich by spending money.....
 #29 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:31
Choch Choch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

My parents are well off, but, for people in the USA.. One of my friend's Dads developed lasic eye surgery. (the corrective one). One's dad created PetCo. and has a private jet and whatnot. So yeah compared to them, no. So no they dont think im rich, im fucking poor!!

Personally i have to pay for everything besides a couple of meals. I had to pay for half of my car. (yeah that is better than a lot of people but.. yeah/

[This message has been edited by Choch (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #30 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:33
river_of_ash river_of_ash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

What's this bullshit about "detached" houses?
 #31 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:45
plainclothescop plainclothescop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Yeah, but I was Inala rich, ie, poor as fuck compared to the rest of the city
 #32 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:51
river_of_ash river_of_ash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by plainclothescop:
Yeah, but I was Inala rich, ie, poor as fuck compared to the rest of the city


Brissy?! I was so fuckin' suprised to find out I understood what you meant. It's been so long...
 #33 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:54
plainclothescop plainclothescop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by river_of_ash:
Brissy?! I was so fuckin' suprised to find out I understood what you meant. It's been so long...


Yep, good ol' Brisbane.
 #34 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:56
river_of_ash river_of_ash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by plainclothescop:
Yep, good ol' Brisbane.




Btw, what high school did/do you go to?
 #35 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:16
The_Moody_Bastard The_Moody_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

But I'm rich!
 #36 
Old 2006-03-18, 11:23
Pink_Shoes Pink_Shoes is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Yeah, my parents are rich. Big house, nice cars, good neighborhood. I've got it lucky, but I don't get spoiled. I don't have an allowance anymore (gave up on it because I much prefer to earn my own money), but I've got a thousand (GBP) or so in a savings account for when I turn 18 (about 4 years), which I'll probably use to pay with uni debts or whatever.

Despite being rich, I wear a lot of hand me down shirts from my brother (he had good taste) and I really take the boat out (my friends are shocked by this... dun dun dun) by wearing cheap clothes I buy at Tescos.

Also, I'm a lot less spoiled than my friends. They get iPods and shit from their parents, I earn anything I want.
 #37 
Old 2006-03-18, 11:26
-Imp -Imp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

man I dont know, I mean are you rich when you can by 4 apartments in TUrkey ? - because then they might be.
 #38 
Old 2006-03-18, 11:31
Loc Dogg Loc Dogg is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by -Imp:
man I dont know, I mean are you rich when you can by 4 apartments in TUrkey ? - because then they might be.


$40,000 AUSD gets you an apartment in Bosnia which is equivalent to an average apartment in Australia. Which would cost several hundreds of thousands of dollars here. Not rich, it's just cheaper to buy stuff in poor countries.
 #39 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:08
-Imp -Imp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by Loc Dogg:
$40,000 AUSD gets you an apartment in Bosnia which is equivalent to an average apartment in Australia. Which would cost several hundreds of thousands of dollars here. Not rich, it's just cheaper to buy stuff in poor countries.


who the fuck would buy an apartment in Bosnia. Bosnia suck soo much.
 #40 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:15
barnes barnes is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

YES. I have about 2 dollars at any one moment, and everyone calls me rich becasue I live in a big house. I have no job, no allownce, no nothing. My money is either stolen or begged for.
 #41 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:20
Regular
 
OPS 2A building 688-6911(b)
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by Isobutane:
No.
My friends at school are all really spoilt and think I'm this total pauper.
My out of school friends just know I'm a little more well off than their poor asses.



I'm exactly the same. I go to a school where people expect you to be rich. Where the students and teachers look down on you for being poor.

Outside of school i'm friends with the stoners who aren't rich, and they don't judge people by their house, the car that sits on the drive or by the HDD capacity on your ipod. They are the same as me, or worse off in a few cases.
 #42 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:22
Regular
 
The state of Illinois.
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Thank you for this thread.
 #43 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:22
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Meh i'm not rich, when I was a little kid other kids had all this flashy shite. I was probaly the "poor kid"
 #44 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:34
Aurilius Aurilius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

My house isn't that big, but its bigger then most houses where i live so most people think my parents are rich...
 #45 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:43
bloodydiaperman bloodydiaperman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

my parents were poor as fuck
 #46 
Old 2006-03-18, 17:57
gogetalife13579 gogetalife13579 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by steveswift:
The singer in my band got an iPod for xmas, two weeks later the drummer in my band has one and I have never seen him use it yet... They both have never worked a hard hour in their lives...

The drummer also told his parents that he needed a car, the went and bought him an expensive bitch mobile with a fartcan and shiny wheels...

he broke a cymbal the other day on his kit, he rang a shop in the city to get them to send him a new one and charged it straight to his parents credit card...

I FUCKING HATE THAT!

The guitarist and I work for our stuff, and we work damn hard, it pisses me off



Wow u r cool bc u have a band.
 #47 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:03
if only if only is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

quote:
Originally posted by Pink_Shoes:
[B]I really take the boat out (my friends are shocked by this... dun dun dun) by wearing cheap clothes I buy at Tescos.B]


Nothing wrong with tesco clothes, some of their stuff is actually quite cool.
cherokee or something
 #48 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:08
captain_kirk captain_kirk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

It doesn't matter if they think I'm rich, I know I'm lucky.
 #49 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:18
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Erm, I'm more richer than all of my friends, but I don't get nice stuff as they do.


*cough* my parents are cheapasses.
 #50 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:29
Psykadelic Psykadelic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Yeah, my mom is a doctor and I have a big house.

[This message has been edited by Psykadelic (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #51 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:47
IsprayTrooper IsprayTrooper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

im 17 and i live with my dad in a 750$/mo townhouse aptartment in the middle of a nasty ass block full of trashy ass apartment complexes. my dads pritty poor but i probly make more money in a week then most people in my neigborhood make in 2 months, so id consider myself rich but my friends know better than to fuck wit me about that.
 #52 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:54
Damko Damko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do your friends think you're rich? (parent's rich?)

Yes they do...

but I'm not.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics