About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:16
Atticus_Ellis Atticus_Ellis is offline
Regular
 
Default How did you discover totse?

I discovered it, by searching, home made bombs etc on google.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:21
Storm Storm is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I wanted to know how to compromise my school's network. Gain admin rights, all that stuff.

It worked.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:22
burntoffering burntoffering is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

quote:
Originally posted by Atticus_Ellis:
I discovered it, by searching, home made bombs etc on google.


dude, every n00b makes one of these...
I was searching for how to make a silencer for a .22. I wanted to kill the prez.


~agent orange.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:29
bg58074 bg58074 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I did a google search on 'beige box'
 #5 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:29
Regular
 
Irvine, Scotland
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

introduced by a friend.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:31
pseudouser pseudouser is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

looking for how to make meth
 #7 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:36
Q Q is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I discovered it 3 years ago whilst trying to make an EMP. I told all my friends and so you have me to thank for half the noobs on totse.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:36
Zig Zag Zig Zag is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

quote:
Originally posted by burntoffering:
dude, every n00b makes one of these...
I was searching for how to make a silencer for a .22. I wanted to kill the prez.


~agent orange.




im guilty of this..


but i was looking for how to make a bomb..
 #9 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:38
driveby driveby is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

This was the website where the majority of the drug and weapon articles I read were located. I one year later noticed the hot topics and the stuff they talked about on Spurious most people only think about and I started reading. Then a year later I registered after figuring out how not to act like a n00b.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:38
Isobutane Isobutane is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

google
Don'#t mremenbebr what I searched/
 #11 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:39
RandomHero RandomHero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I can't honestly fucking remember!!!.....
 #12 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:39
Domenation Domenation is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I asked my friend to teach me how to hack, he linked me here. But I haven't learnt a damn thing, turns out, there's some serious learning involved.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:40
Ryakoth Ryakoth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

looking up lucid dreams i think
 #14 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:46
Criso Criso is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

i searched google for "bad ideas"
 #15 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:49
Roumo2 Roumo2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I was reading txt docs about phreaking and I kept coming across the same guy so I looked him up and he had like 10 articles here. I saw all the other shit &t had so I stuck it in my favorites.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-17, 21:54
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I was on a trip to Russia, and TOTSE discovered me!

[This message has been edited by PvtVVitt (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #17 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:10
Vagina_Flap Vagina_Flap is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

found this site about 3 years ago as i searched google on how making a floppy disk bomb
 #18 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:11
Bong-Rippa Bong-Rippa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

1999

potato cannons
 #19 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:12
Your Papi Your Papi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
I wanted to know how to compromise my school's network. Gain admin rights, all that stuff.




Same.

It didn't work. *shrugs* ......yet
 #20 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:27
Pileven Pileven is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

my friend showed me the articles on marijuana here...so i read the articles and then discovered the rest of the site!

-P11
 #21 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:28
Neiromaru Neiromaru is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

i was wondering when this thread was going to be re-made, seems like it's been awhile since the last time.

anyway i found totse the same way a lot of other people did, while looking for bomb recipies, atom bomb recipies to be specific. the really sad thing is i didn't realize there was a forum here until about a month or two after i found it i clicked on the "community" section wondering what kind of weird text files i would find there... yeah
 #22 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:26
gipowmiakia gipowmiakia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I wanted to learn how to read the bar codes on the items at the store. It's been more than 3 years since.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:29
The_Rare_Gh0st The_Rare_Gh0st is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I found it in my endless pursuit to see everything on the internet. I guess I just decided to stay.
 #24 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:31
Regular
 
London
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

quote:
Originally posted by Atticus_Ellis:
I discovered it, by searching, home made bombs etc on google.


 #25 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:35
Regular
 
Back In New Orleans!
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

i stumbled upon it doing a resarch paper about area 51, this was a long time ago

but i dicovered the bbs not too long ago
 #26 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:40
shredder_ov_tha_night shredder_ov_tha_night is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

i was looking how to make meth
 #27 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:41
ifeelalright191 ifeelalright191 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I did a google search for "threads done too many times".
 #28 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:42
kwstag kwstag is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

..something with explosives on google and I found this and stayed.
 #29 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:42
CatharticWeek CatharticWeek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?


I was google searching for "How did you discover totse?" threads.
 #30 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:46
sniperboi sniperboi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I did a search on homemade smokebombs.
 #31 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:48
Mr. Dazed and Confused Mr. Dazed and Confused is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I really don't know...good question.
 #32 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:06
feeble89 feeble89 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

dont remember how... but i remember when...
i discovered totse the day the world made sense to me.
 #33 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:12
fly4life14 fly4life14 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

i discovered it by searching how to steal coins out of a soda machine and not get caught. but i never tried it cause i wasn't trying to get locked up. sometimes i can be a pussy.

*im fly as a muthafuckin G.T. on spinners*
 #34 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:18
Psykadelic Psykadelic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I googled something, I dont remember what.
 #35 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:32
Orange_Crusader Orange_Crusader is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Googling for lockpicking way, way back before I found far superior sources for that info. Noticed the Hot Topics bit, clicked a few, found the main forum page, and stayed.
 #36 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:15
Certified Dead Certified Dead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I found it up my ass
 #37 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:29
Regular
 
Victoria, Australia
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Friend showed me the link to the Aussie Beer Can Mortar, lurked for about six months, lurked for another six when registration was accidently shut off, then joined.
 #38 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:47
Cans27 Cans27 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

quote:
Originally posted by Lovecraft:
introduced by a friend.


 #39 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:49
NoLongerBanned NoLongerBanned is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Looking up marijuana stuff.
 #40 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:58
Infernal Infernal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Followed kathaksung.

He's still alive and well, unfortunately.
 #41 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:00
Ozzy Osbourne Ozzy Osbourne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

to make 1337 bombz
 #42 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:09
Regular
 
Vermont
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I made one of these threads once. This thread has probably been made thousands of times.

Anyways, it was looking for lucid dreaming type stuff.
 #43 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:15
deathtosociety deathtosociety is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

.....i was thinking aobut doing this exact thing last night
oh, and i heard someone say they heard of how to make a tazer out of a camera and i wanted to know how...i looked it up here...haha it worked i shocked the fuck out of soemone before i got myself

[This message has been edited by deathtosociety (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #44 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:20
Sio Sio is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I was trying to figure out how to hack the pentagon....i mean.....find porn.
 #45 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:26
TXOgre TXOgre is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I was looking up ancient BBS articles...reliving the old 2400 baud days on my 10 mb connection.
 #46 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:39
Regular
 
In front of my computer
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

My cousin was telling me how to like make bombs and shit and told me to go to totse. So I did and lurked for like 6 monthes, then joined.
 #47 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:42
2006 is GAY 2006 is GAY is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

How did you discover totse?

was searchin 4 some computer hack lame shit like that.
 #48 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:43
THEatomicpunk THEatomicpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I was doing a research paper on Jeff Hunter, and this came up.
 #49 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:45
btaylor74 btaylor74 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

searching google for how to make bombs about 3 years ago but i discovered the bbs about 2 1/2 years ago
 #50 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:54
Streetvision Streetvision is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Looking for stuffs about hacking i think
 #51 
Old 2006-03-18, 03:55
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I got lost on my way to a Christian site.
 #52 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:16
Frackle Frackle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I found Totse through Weirdpier.
 #53 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:49
TheOnly TheOnly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Searching for kiddy porn of course.
 #54 
Old 2006-03-18, 08:51
Misfit Misfit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I wanted to find a forum where I could laugh at nerds pay each other out about small penis's and bum rape all day long.
 #55 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:18
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

No clue. Probably stuff about beige boxes or blue boxes way back in the day.
 #56 
Old 2006-03-18, 09:41
midgeymonkey2 midgeymonkey2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

i was looking up how to steal atm's
 #57 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:00
The Nipple The Nipple is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I wanted to learn how to make a crossbow. So I Googled it, And Yeah.

 #58 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:05
Choch Choch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Yeah Anarchist Cookbook 99', didnt register till this year though. Bad ideas was my favorite text section.

-Choch
 #59 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:14
JuggaloStoner42069 JuggaloStoner42069 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I found Totse by goggling Weed. I googled homemade bongs and saw the totse site, but I blew it off. Then I googled Growing Weed and saw Totse again, and I couldn't resist. I've been a n3rd on Totse ever since.

 #60 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:18
AudioCode AudioCode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I discovered it when I was writing a paper on hacking three years ago.
 #61 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:44
outcast outcast is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

While on another message board I saw the link in one of the member's signature. So I checked it out. It looked like a fun place to be...what with posters like Infrared, I_Like_Traffic_Lights, Mojo, Deadly Cindy, Madfast, Yoyobeck, Retired (who left all too soon)...and many others.

Oh...and of course jackketch...(whom I love heart and soul...irrespective of whether it is good or bad for me to...)
 #62 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:45
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I needed to learn how to swim.

Needless to say, Bad Ideas wasnt what i was expecting...
 #63 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:47
fozza fozza is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

other way round, totse discovered me
 #64 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:49
MAMMON MAMMON is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

i wanted to commit suicide and was searching a particular method. i think it was iodine poisoning on that one occasion. FYI: you have to drink about 10 bottles of the stuff to kill yourself properly.
 #65 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:55
Solidus Solidus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Referred through a mate a few months ago, he was pointing something out on IFIOTW.
 #66 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:17
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

I found totse when I when our school forced us to work for a week. So I was on work detail in a laboratory one day and I started to talk to this one dude that worked there about smoke bombs and such, so he showed my totse. So I browsed the txt files in and out for about 2 years then I joined the forum in 2005
 #67 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:41
Curry Curry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How did you discover totse?

Well back when i was a 1337 13 year old 4n4rki5t (yes, i was), i googled how to make a bomb out of household ingredients. I found totse, but didnt look at the site properly.

Then a small time later, once the design of the site changed, i googled 'how to make fuses'. again i was linked to the text files but i didnt recognise the site. I did however look at this site properly that time and ended up joining.

It wasnt untill a couple of months ago when someone linked to a picture of the old totse design that i recognised having been on that.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics