|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2006-03-17, 15:08
|
SKS_7.62 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Just got a ticket for a fake ID
I was involved in an incident at school about a week ago. I was with a girl who came to school drunk. She mentioned me, I was brought down. They searched me and found a fake ID in my wallet. There was a school police officer present in the building that morning. I was in the office the entire day while they did all their bullshit. The school police officer never once even spoke with me about the ID. The only information conveyed to me was through the school administration. They almost assumed the law enforcement responsiblities themselves. A school administrator confiscated the ID. The ID itself only had my birthdate changed. My name, license number, all that was exactly the same. At no time during that entire day did the police officer speak with me about the fake ID, not once. Today there was a meeting at school. The informed me that after my suspension I would be brought back on a probationary period. So basically, if I stay out of trouble for the next 3 months, I'm good. At this meeting the school administrator handed me the ticket "wrote" by the police officer. The cop himself didn't even hand it to me. I didn't see the cop write it, the cop never spoke to me, all the questioning was done by the school staff. I'm planning on fighting this ticket in court. From the circumstances, do I stand a good chance of winning the case?
|
|
#2
 2006-03-17, 15:11
|
Clyro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
I take it you baught the drunk girl the alcohol using your fake ID?
If so, then no. You fucked up and the court wont budge...
|
|
#3
 2006-03-17, 15:12
|
SKS_7.62 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
Yes, I bought the alcohol for the girl, but I didn't use the fake ID. The fake ID was just found in my possession. The girl never checked for ID.
|
|
#4
 2006-03-17, 15:18
|
Clyro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by SKS_7.62: Yes, I bought the alcohol for the girl, but I didn't use the fake ID. The fake ID was just found in my possession. The girl never checked for ID.
So you'll get done for buying alcohol for minors instead of using fake identification or something. Man, you're fucked either way...
|
|
#5
 2006-03-17, 15:24
|
PetSematary 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
If you used your government issued driver's license, you've got even more trouble.
I did the same thing back before licenses had pictures on them. After I paid the court for the misdemeanor charge, I had to go to a BMV hearing and show cause why my license should not be suspended.
I lucked out. A hippie looking guy that went right before me kept saying "You can't take my license. So, of course, the hearing officer did.
Now I come up in a leisure suit, brief case, and three letters saying what a nice guy I am, a Xeroxed copy of the bogus license, and being very polite.
I got to keep my license on probationary terms.
You may have also violated some tenet of the Homeland Security Act. I bet it takes a dim view of altered identification of any kind.
Good luck.
|
|
#6
 2006-03-17, 15:35
|
spaawn7 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by PetSematary: If you used your government issued driver's license, you've got even more trouble.
I did the same thing back before licenses had pictures on them. After I paid the court for the misdemeanor charge, I had to go to a BMV hearing and show cause why my license should not be suspended.
I lucked out. A hippie looking guy that went right before me kept saying "You [b]can't take my license. So, of course, the hearing officer did.
Now I come up in a leisure suit, brief case, and three letters saying what a nice guy I am, a Xeroxed copy of the bogus license, and being very polite.
I got to keep my license on probationary terms.
You may have also violated some tenet of the Homeland Security Act. I bet it takes a dim view of altered identification of any kind.
Good luck.[/B]
*thumbs up* *Spaawn7 powers down*
|
|
#7
 2006-03-17, 15:38
|
SKS_7.62 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
Fuck, well I'm hoping that I'll use their lack of action to the best of my advantage. I got a ticket from the SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR. The cop never questioned me. He could've asked, "where did I get it" and that kind of thing. I am 18 myself so I am not of legal age. I walked in, they didn't check my ID. I also had my regular BMV drivers license in my possesion. They found the fake ID in my wallet. Is this considered an infraction or a misdemeanor? For those curious, I was charged in violation of Indiana Code 9-24-18-2. In my own personal research I found Indiana Code 7.1-5-7-1. One is a misdemeanor, the other is an infraction. At any rate, that bitch that ratted me out owes it to me to pay my ticket. Friends don't rat each other out.
|
|
#8
 2006-03-17, 15:40
|
Insane Worm 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
Depends completely on where you live. I suggest consulting a lawyer first.
If you happen to live in Canada (which, judging by your last post, you don't) and the cops searched you without permission, there's a chance you could win your case.
But really, it all comes down to whether it's worth it. Court costs money. You got money?
[This message has been edited by Insane Worm (edited 03-17-2006).]
|
|
#9
 2006-03-17, 15:45
|
SKS_7.62 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
I don't have much money but I do have a friend who's a lawyer. Its kind of ironic, I was involved in the school's mock trial team. I did pretty well too, so I'm kind of developing my legal mind. I did that shit for 3 months strait. In addition, our team coach was himself a lawyer. This isn't a huge case, just a ticket. I may get some assistance from him, or at the least some good advice.
|
|
#10
 2006-03-17, 15:46
|
zebra head 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by Insane Worm: Depends completely on where you live. I suggest consulting a lawyer first.
If you happen to live in Canada (which, judging by your last post, you don't) and the cops searched you without permission, there's a chance you could win your case.
But really, it all comes down to whether it's worth it. Court costs money. You got money?
It's worth it, alcohol for minors doesn't look good on a resume  I'd say talk to a lawyer ya, if you didn't tell them you didn't want to be searched, you're fucked, if they searched you after you resisted, they're fucked.
|
|
#11
 2006-03-17, 15:56
|
mastershake 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
first, you should slap the bitch who said your name...
|
|
#12
 2006-03-17, 16:57
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by Clyro: So you'll get done for buying alcohol for minors instead of using fake identification or something. Man, you're fucked either way...
i dont beleive so- if you're in court for a fake ID, you're in court for the fake ID and that only. the prosecution could bring that other story into it, but its irrelevant. the thing i want to know is- is it actually illegial to possess an ID with an incorrect birthday? technically, as far as they know- you never used it. so thats almost like arresting you for "intent to murder" because you own a gun.....bad analogy but you get me, right?
|
|
#13
 2006-03-17, 17:01
|
SKS_7.62 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by mastershake: first, you should slap the bitch who said your name...
No, I think she's going to take care of everything that needs to be taken care of. What I mean when I say that is that she has suicidal tendencies. Someone discovered her plan to crash her vehicle into a bridge support going like 130 mph. This was her second offense. She betrayed one of her best friends. Her college is all screwed up. They took her to juvey for 48 hours. She is most likely going to be expelled. If she was suicidal before, what is she going to be like now? Her biological mother committed suicide as well.
|
|
#14
 2006-03-17, 17:10
|
lakelaxrookie49 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by madfast: i dont beleive so- if you're in court for a fake ID, you're in court for the fake ID and that only. the prosecution could bring that other story into it, but its irrelevant.
the thing i want to know is- is it actually illegial to possess an ID with an incorrect birthday? technically, as far as they know- you never used it. so thats almost like arresting you for "intent to murder" because you own a gun.....bad analogy but you get me, right?
its no illegal unless you are caught using it. wait, i take that back. I'm unsure. Down here in Texas, when you buy a fake id, it has the little warning on the back saying "this is for novelty use only", but i don't know if its illegal to take it off.
|
|
#15
 2006-03-17, 17:25
|
SKS_7.62 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
Okay, I was called into the office. The girl had blown a breathalyzer test. She dropped my name, told them I bought it for her. The teacher gets me in person from my class. He tells me to get my stuff, and then begins asking me the questions. We get into his office and then he starts asking me about the alcohol. From his questions I knew she had told him just about everything. He knew where I had bought it, what kind it was, everything. The administrator then asks me to put my wallet on his desk, I comply. Then he finds the ID. He then confiscated it. At this time I went to lunch and when I got back it was gone. He told me he reported it to the school resource officer. I never talked to the law enforcement officer at all. Over a week later, I get the ticket from the cop that I never saw. I got a ticket from an officer who never questioned me, never even saw my face. His ticket was based entirely off the ID that was GIVEN to him, and what the teacher TOLD him. They couldn't even give me the ticket at the time of the offense, there was clearly nothing preventing them. I was in the office all day. I think they really botched all this shit, is there any way that I can use it to my advantage in court?
|
|
#16
 2006-03-17, 17:31
|
lakelaxrookie49 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by SKS_7.62: Okay, I was called into the office. The girl had blown a breathalyzer test. She dropped my name, told them I bought it for her. The teacher gets me in person from my class. He tells me to get my stuff, and then begins asking me the questions. We get into his office and then he starts asking me about the alcohol. From his questions I knew she had told him just about everything. He knew where I had bought it, what kind it was, everything. The administrator then asks me to put my wallet on his desk, I comply. Then he finds the ID. He then confiscated it. At this time I went to lunch and when I got back it was gone. He told me he reported it to the school resource officer. I never talked to the law enforcement officer at all. Over a week later, I get the ticket from the cop that I never saw. I got a ticket from an officer who never questioned me, never even saw my face. His ticket was based entirely off the ID that was GIVEN to him, and what the teacher TOLD him. They couldn't even give me the ticket at the time of the offense, there was clearly nothing preventing them. I was in the office all day. I think they really botched all this shit, is there any way that I can use it to my advantage in court?
your school system sounds kind of messed up. The school only has authority to discipline the girl being drunk. You bought the alchy for her, but it was outside school outside of school hours, correct? assuming this is true the school can't punish you, meaning they can't expel, put you on a probationary period, or suspend you. You can/should fight those. They can however turn your name to the police and they must be willing to actively follow through on it, not have the school system do everything for them. It seems to me that you have some very good means to a case against them. I mean, the police can easily ask the guy at the store if you bought it and you will be in trouble, but then so will he. so there is always the chance he will lie and be like "i have never seen her before" (which would do nothing but help your case out) (but i wouldn't count on him doing that). basically what i'm saying is that you shouldn't be in trouble WITH THE SCHOOL. You should be in trouble outside the school wtih the law, but the school system has no justified means to punish you unless you committed an infraction on school (carrying a fake id is NOT justification)
|
|
#17
 2006-03-17, 18:25
|
SKS_7.62 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by lakelaxrookie49: your school system sounds kind of messed up. The school only has authority to discipline the girl being drunk. You bought the alchy for her, but it was outside school outside of school hours, correct? assuming this is true the school can't punish you, meaning they can't expel, put you on a probationary period, or suspend you. You can/should fight those. They can however turn your name to the police and they must be willing to actively follow through on it, not have the school system do everything for them.
It seems to me that you have some very good means to a case against them. I mean, the police can easily ask the guy at the store if you bought it and you will be in trouble, but then so will he. so there is always the chance he will lie and be like "i have never seen her before" (which would do nothing but help your case out) (but i wouldn't count on him doing that).
basically what i'm saying is that you shouldn't be in trouble WITH THE SCHOOL. You should be in trouble outside the school wtih the law, but the school system has no justified means to punish you unless you committed an infraction on school (carrying a fake id is NOT justification)
Haha, tell me about it man. See, thats the fucked up thing about the school system and the law in general. You can do pretty much whatever you want as long as you are one of them. My dad's friend is a detective for the police department. My dad and I went to his house for a BBQ and over his radio he heard of a drug bust going down. When he heard this he was drinking a beer and eating a brat. He gets in his squad car and brings his beer with him. He drives over there going like 90 because he's a cop, who's gonna stop him? He is talking to his SWAT friends while he has an open beer in his cup holder in plain view. They didn't even mention it. Cops will always do whatever the fuck they want, and for that reason I have no respect for them. The school wanted me to go down, so I went down, they have to maintain their image remember. Even though they weren't justified in doing so, they suspended my ass.
|
|
#18
 2006-03-17, 18:51
|
lakelaxrookie49 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by SKS_7.62: Haha, tell me about it man. See, thats the fucked up thing about the school system and the law in general. You can do pretty much whatever you want as long as you are one of them. My dad's friend is a detective for the police department. My dad and I went to his house for a BBQ and over his radio he heard of a drug bust going down. When he heard this he was drinking a beer and eating a brat. He gets in his squad car and brings his beer with him. He drives over there going like 90 because he's a cop, who's gonna stop him? He is talking to his SWAT friends while he has an open beer in his cup holder in plain view. They didn't even mention it. Cops will always do whatever the fuck they want, and for that reason I have no respect for them. The school wanted me to go down, so I went down, they have to maintain their image remember. Even though they weren't justified in doing so, they suspended my ass.
Fight it. make a scene. do whatever, get a lot of people involved behind you. Shit, callt he aclu, they should have someone help you out. This is clearly a violation of your individual rights as a student. I read a book a while ago "ACLU's book of Students' Rights" or something like that. You should definitely fight your suspension, because it can come back to haunt you.
|
|
#19
 2006-03-17, 19:07
|
Captain Asshat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
If the cop wrote an official ticket, you're kinda screwed regardless. You're 18. You have a fake ID. You bought alcohol for a minor. The rest is just fluff. Take your licks and keep your nose clean. 
|
|
#20
 2006-03-18, 06:34
|
fire_jade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
18 is not legal age to buy alcohol
|
|
#21
 2006-03-18, 06:43
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by fire_jade: 18 is not legal age to buy alcohol
Depends where you are from. Personaly i'm drinking some fine MGD bought with my drivers lisence stating I am 18 years of age.
|
|
#22
 2006-03-18, 06:55
|
xOpticonx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by Clyro: So you'll get done for buying alcohol for minors instead of using fake identification or something. Man, you're fucked either way...
so how can he be charged for buying alcohol for a minor when he is a minor!?! yeah dude, ur pretty fucked. however, she'll just get an MCA and umm if u tell the right ppls, she'll get her ass kicked for being a rat  LMAO. but on the contrary....ur screwed and why do u want to go to court and fight this? whats the point and ur whole reasoning behind it? they are gonna wanna know that and if its dumb, they arent gonna move, at all...trust me i know..yeah im in youth court so what bitches. but email me if u wanna know more..i guess i can help any way i can.. spunkybear00@yahoo.com
|
|
#23
 2006-03-18, 06:59
|
xOpticonx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by SKS_7.62: I got a ticket from the SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR. The cop never questioned me. He could've asked, "where did I get it" and that kind of thing. I am 18 myself so I am not of legal age. I walked in, they didn't check my ID.They found the fake ID in my wallet. Is this considered an infraction or a misdemeanor? For those curious, I was charged in violation of Indiana Code 9-24-18-2. In my own personal research I found Indiana Code 7.1-5-7-1. One is a misdemeanor, the other is an infraction. At any rate, that bitch that ratted me out owes it to me to pay my ticket. Friends don't rat each other out.
ummmm yeah dude, i'll jump her! roflmao and if the person at like booze palace (liquor store) didnt check ur ID then they are gonna get into trouble too, but did u say that? that might just be a good thing to say in court..just incase u know..?
|
|
#24
 2006-03-18, 07:01
|
xOpticonx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by madfast: i dont beleive so- if you're in court for a fake ID, you're in court for the fake ID and that only. the prosecution could bring that other story into it, but its irrelevant.
the thing i want to know is- is it actually illegial to possess an ID with an incorrect birthday? technically, as far as they know- you never used it. so thats almost like arresting you for "intent to murder" because you own a gun.....bad analogy but you get me, right?
hey i got u there man, but still either way, hes screwed..
|
|
#25
 2006-03-18, 07:05
|
xOpticonx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
quote: Originally posted by SKS_7.62: Okay, I was called into the office. The girl had blown a breathalyzer test. She dropped my name, told them I bought it for her. The teacher gets me in person from my class. He tells me to get my stuff, and then begins asking me the questions. We get into his office and then he starts asking me about the alcohol. From his questions I knew she had told him just about everything. He knew where I had bought it, what kind it was, everything. The administrator then asks me to put my wallet on his desk, I comply. Then he finds the ID. He then confiscated it. At this time I went to lunch and when I got back it was gone. He told me he reported it to the school resource officer. I never talked to the law enforcement officer at all. Over a week later, I get the ticket from the cop that I never saw. I got a ticket from an officer who never questioned me, never even saw my face. His ticket was based entirely off the ID that was GIVEN to him, and what the teacher TOLD him. They couldn't even give me the ticket at the time of the offense, there was clearly nothing preventing them. I was in the office all day. I think they really botched all this shit, is there any way that I can use it to my advantage in court?
dude if u use all of this in court, this will all be hearsay and the opposing side will be all OBJECTION! LOL yeah i've done a bunch of mock trials myself buddy! and i must say that doin' that and being in youth court kicks ass!  lol yeah thats right im also president..lol come to ALASKA and i'll see what i can do..lol i'll get u out ina flash..lol but umm yeah dude, see what u can do, but if u say that it's all pointless...
|
|
#26
 2006-03-18, 07:18
|
tingtonger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
Don't rat out the liquer store clerk or you'll be forever haunted by people like me.
|
|
#27
 2006-03-18, 07:31
|
Winters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Just got a ticket for a fake ID
I'd just roll with it. You're apparently a senior, so you only have 3 months of school left anyway. You'd graduate before your court date.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|