About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:13
Regular
 
Los Angeles, California
Default Drawball

Dont wanna knock areta and rabb, this is just the way this needs to be done.

I came up with a drawing, and Green_lantern was kind enough to grid it out for me. Heres the plan:

We take as many people as we have available and divide them evenly across the quadrents.Im gonna need someone to help me do that and stay organized. Once we have enough people to get it done, well set a date.The most important thing is: If you say your in, DONT FLAKE OUT ON US. Just save your ink and hang tight.

Grid: http://tinyurl.com/j8ag3

Theres 25 quadrants. it looks like 3-4 people with 100% ink would be enough to get each space done.75-100 aint that many people.

I also made an irc channel (as requested) so we can communicate.

server: irc.slashnet.org
channel: #drawball

I suggest you all go to options> options> perform> type in /j #drawball. Thatll make you join the channel as soon as you connect.


code:
People who are in so far:
a1: JukeBoxHero - Pirate Joe - Scorpio 2121
a2: TheOrgan - Nsomnia - SilentOp47
a3: Curry - AmishSexy - Kwstag
a4: Ozzy Osborne - Maniak 18 - The Stick
a5: Tuesday - ExplodingTeeth - AreteVeteran
b1: Andreas - BadFish - Rat_Bastard
b2: Mattboy207 - Pileven - lovecraft



Alright, row A was filled up in less than 6 hours. B,C,D,E are next.

Projected recruitment finishing date: mid to late Saturday



[This message has been edited by Juke_box_hero (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #2 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:15
Regular
 
Shangri-La
Default Re: Drawball

me
 #3 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:17
Zig Zag Zig Zag is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

i think it should be bigger than in that picture..thats like the size of what we have now..
 #4 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:18
scorpio2121 scorpio2121 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

im in.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:23
HTS-Noob HTS-Noob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Not in with you. Has to be BIGGER!
 #6 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:27
Regular
 
Los Angeles, California
Default Re: Drawball

Its about the size of all the other prominent drawings on there. Get realistic.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:29
robbinthehood robbinthehood is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I have a life, so I'm not going to set my schedule to do this but I'll definately un-vandalize it and fix 'er up every now and then. Nicely formulated plan, by the way.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:33
Curry Curry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Make it double the size.

Im in anyway. when is it starting?
 #9 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:36
Moderator
 
Cheshire, UK
Default Re: Drawball

Good luck is all I can say.

- Rabb
 #10 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:42
SephirothAngelus SephirothAngelus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

We definitely need some kind of organization Rabb. Make your members join up with this section. You know what they say... United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Just randomly saying "OK on some date we're going to make a big totse somewhere around the top left so everyone save your ink" is not going to get shit done.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:42
TheOrgan TheOrgan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

THE IRC CHAT IS GETTING HOT! JOIN NOW!
 #12 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:44
SilentOp47 SilentOp47 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

i'm in
 #13 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:46
TheOrgan TheOrgan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

we need to do this sometime this week or next cause i don't wanna miss it and im shipping soon so set a date and lets all agree
 #14 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:46
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Im in.
In IRC also.
35% ink per day also. (Currently sitting at 75%)



[This message has been edited by Nsomnia (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #15 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:53
AmishSexy AmishSexy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I'm in
 #16 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:59
Pileven Pileven is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

how do i join the irc thing????
 #17 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:20
Regular
 
New York
Default Re: Drawball

You have to download an IRC client like MIRC. Then you go to the Slashnet server and join the room #drawball.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:22
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

To join IRC channel (Everyone should) download mirc client @ mirc.com

Then when youve installed and filled in all your info in the main typing screen type /server irc.slashnet.org

then when its connected [text stops scrolling] type
/join #drawball
 #19 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:30
kwstag kwstag is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

me fag
 #20 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:51
Ozzy Osbourne Ozzy Osbourne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

add me up im in
 #21 
Old 2006-03-17, 01:13
Maniak182 Maniak182 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I'm in, anyways, i think that we should do different colors, and add Raw data for raw nerves and then that sign that is beside the url in the addressbar on either side of Raw data for raw nerves.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-17, 01:35
thestick thestick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I'm in.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-17, 01:39
Spatula Tzar Spatula Tzar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

If you use a proxy like TOR, you can use all you ink and log in again. Ir gets around the IP limit.
 #24 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:03
thestick thestick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

That giant group of pedofiles, furries, and ubernerds known as 4chan seems to be back on drawball. (/b/ is their 'random' forum, if you don't visit)

Will be hard to keep this up with their constant vandelism

 #25 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:10
SephirothAngelus SephirothAngelus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by Spatula Tzar:
If you use a proxy like TOR, you can use all you ink and log in again. Ir gets around the IP limit.


I tried to use multiproxy with a bunch of anonymous proxies but it must have been getting my IP from somewhere else because it didn't work. I'm behind a router, will that do it? Or should I just configure firefox to use ONE anonymous proxy?
 #26 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:15
Tuesday Tuesday is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I will definatly help, as of now I have 52% ink.
 #27 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:26
Regular
 
USA
Default Re: Drawball

I'm in. 49.3%
 #28 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:30
Spatula Tzar Spatula Tzar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by SephirothAngelus:
I tried to use multiproxy with a bunch of anonymous proxies but it must have been getting my IP from somewhere else because it didn't work. I'm behind a router, will that do it? Or should I just configure firefox to use ONE anonymous proxy?


TOR completely obfuscates your originating IP, and continually changes it to a random exit node IP. tor.eff.org will tell you how to set it up.
 #29 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:46
ExplodingTeeth ExplodingTeeth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Been in since the first thread.
 #30 
Old 2006-03-17, 03:02
AreteVeteran AreteVeteran is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

its arete you SOB
but im in...

as long as im Lt.

~Lt. Arete
 #31 
Old 2006-03-17, 03:23
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

We need to link rabb's troops with ours and decide on a multi colored and artistic logo.
 #32 
Old 2006-03-17, 03:39
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Goin good Lets get some more on it.

[This message has been edited by Nsomnia (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #33 
Old 2006-03-17, 03:48
Badfish Badfish is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Sign me up!
 #34 
Old 2006-03-17, 03:50
lisdexic lisdexic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I would join but with 56k I can't store ink.
And it takes ages to load 'cause when somebody changes it , it all reloads.
 #35 
Old 2006-03-17, 04:11
ExplodingTeeth ExplodingTeeth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Holy fuck, I just noticed that YTMND finished their logo!
 #36 
Old 2006-03-17, 04:18
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

*kicks*
 #37 
Old 2006-03-17, 04:21
Regular
 
Los Angeles, California
Default Re: Drawball

Yeah, we'll see how long that shit lasts.
My guess: Not very long at all.

besides, its sloppy.
 #38 
Old 2006-03-17, 04:32
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Oh wow, someone changed LUEshi Mario into Wario. Finally, some creative vandalism...

Anyways back to the topic; im still in at 28.8%
 #39 
Old 2006-03-17, 04:45
MpTaNk MpTaNk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by Juke_box_hero:

Grid: http://tinyurl.com/j8ag3

Theres 25 quadrants.



A quadrant (note: quad, meaning 4) refers to exactly one quarter of the area. You have 5 sections per block. This is not a quadrant. You fail basic math.

EDIT: You've redeemed yourself with your Foreigner nick.

[This message has been edited by MpTaNk (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #40 
Old 2006-03-17, 04:50
ExplodingTeeth ExplodingTeeth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Yeah i guess so...
 #41 
Old 2006-03-17, 05:01
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/9676/totsecom2sf.png

Zoomed in 100%

The TOTSE.COM logo could do without the serifs. Trying to reproduce those just wastes ink, IMO. Colors are not included in my sketchy thing, but I don't think green + black really stands out. I'm thinking more flourescent colours. Light blue, green, white, orange, red, magenta, you get the idea.

~Xorm
 #42 
Old 2006-03-17, 06:50
Regular
 
Los Angeles, California
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by MpTaNk:
A quadrant (note: quad, meaning 4) refers to exactly one quarter of the area. You have 5 sections per block. This is not a quadrant. You fail basic math.

EDIT: You've redeemed yourself with your Foreigner nick.




I call em quadrants, bitch. I know what I mean, everyone else knows what i mean.
 #43 
Old 2006-03-17, 07:07
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Okay, I've taken the liberty of starting to outline the TOTSE logo. It's fucking huge! =D From what I've seen, it outdoes the PEPSI logo letters. I'm keeping the thing low-profile though, so it doesn't get vandalised immediately.

I am using a cell based drawing method. Each letter is blocked out using cells. The most vital cells will be filled in first to establish the letters. the others surrounding the letter come later.
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5876/totseblockout8jc.png

That image illustrates what I mean. The areas filled in with green are the cells that will be filled in first.

Any suggestions, modifications welcome!

~Xorm



[This message has been edited by geekykiddo (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #44 
Old 2006-03-17, 07:25
deathDiver deathDiver is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

i say fuck it, lets attack now. we have the ink, the plan, and the people.
 #45 
Old 2006-03-17, 07:30
MpTaNk MpTaNk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by Juke_box_hero:
I call em quadrants, bitch. I know what I mean, everyone else knows what i mean.


Ah, and that automagically makes it correct somehow. Stop spreading stupidity. Acknowledge the fact you use words to which you don't know the meaning and move on. Don't revert to name calling, that's childish^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Htotseish.
 #46 
Old 2006-03-17, 08:06
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by deathDiver:
i say fuck it, lets attack now. we have the ink, the plan, and the people.


Death, we can. We just need to go at it step by step. By the time we're done outlining the thing, there'll be plenty of others to fill in the thing.

BTW, I just chose light blue as the background.
~Xorm
 #47 
Old 2006-03-17, 08:08
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by Zig Zag:
i think it should be bigger than in that picture..thats like the size of what we have now..


I sorta piggybacked on GL's design, but it is a bit bigger. And dude, it won't get much bigger than that, because we don't have enough people/ink to fill in something that fucking huge.
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3783/totsecomppepsi9hr.png

That is the comparison of the outline for the T in TOTSE to the P in PEPSI. This thing will be a monster to fill!

We'll fill in the cores of the letters first though.

~Xorm

[This message has been edited by geekykiddo (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #48 
Old 2006-03-17, 08:20
ExplodingTeeth ExplodingTeeth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Where is it!
 #49 
Old 2006-03-17, 08:27
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by ExplodingTeeth:
Where is it!

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6264/first3tl.png
 #50 
Old 2006-03-17, 08:50
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/9880/totseblockoutgrid3fp.png

New version of blockout, with grid, so we can label them if necesssary.
 #51 
Old 2006-03-17, 09:56
deathDiver deathDiver is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

ok i see it, what do you want us to do? i'll start on the O if you want
 #52 
Old 2006-03-17, 10:17
hat killer hat killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

All of those with adsl and routers just resrtart them when you run out of ink and this will give you a knew ip along with 15% more ink
 #53 
Old 2006-03-17, 10:24
Fat Penis Fat Penis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

this is pretty dumb.
 #54 
Old 2006-03-17, 10:41
mattboy207 mattboy207 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Private Mattboy reporting for duty, Sir!

-/\/\attboy
 #55 
Old 2006-03-17, 10:45
hat killer hat killer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Help Fill in the T which is now visible when zoomed rite out
 #56 
Old 2006-03-17, 15:00
mikaPELL mikaPELL is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

If it's on sunday, I'm in.
 #57 
Old 2006-03-17, 16:05
Tuesday Tuesday is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I just used 60% ink on the "O"

and I have another comp with ink for my a5 section

[This message has been edited by Tuesday (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #58 
Old 2006-03-17, 19:14
Regular
 
Los Angeles, California
Default Re: Drawball

Awesome ^^


To all the people with a modem: Just turn it on and off. You should have 15% again when you come back.

[This message has been edited by Juke_box_hero (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #59 
Old 2006-03-17, 20:13
Pileven Pileven is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

im in.
 #60 
Old 2006-03-17, 20:25
Ozzy Osbourne Ozzy Osbourne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by Juke_box_hero:
Awesome ^^


To all the people with a modem: Just turn it on and off. You should have 15% again when you come back.




NO SHIT IM THE ONE THAT SAID THAT
 #61 
Old 2006-03-17, 20:47
Regular
 
Irvine, Scotland
Default Re: Drawball

Miaow.

Count me in. 70.1%
 #62 
Old 2006-03-18, 01:50
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Looks good. The O is a little messed up, Ill fix it.
 #63 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:02
pyroanarchist pyroanarchist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

No One Fuck with my Darth Vader, Or I will say NOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 #64 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:25
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Since it seems weve started, img onna work on outlining the second T.

OINce we have the TSE then we start with the quads!
 #65 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:36
Lundmark Lundmark is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Would it make sense to only fill in the borders of the letters, so its more easily maintained?
 #66 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:41
beardedbong beardedbong is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

count my ass in on this one.
 #67 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:55
retards_ondrugs retards_ondrugs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Ay, sign me up!
 #68 
Old 2006-03-18, 05:13
Regular
 
New York
Default Re: Drawball

Count me in too.
 #69 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:46
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Vandalized to hell already Ill try to fix it up. We need more people, people.
 #70 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:36
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

I say let it be vandalized till its gone and then lets use this method.

To use ink efficiently:
Shrink your window down so that it is the width of the screen, but only a couple inches high, so that you can only see a narrow band of the drawball. Then hold down the mouse button to draw and roll the mouse wheel. This will make a perfectly straight vertical line. Once you've reached the top/bottom move the pointer over one line width and repeat. This is a very efficient way to cover alot of space very quickly and neatly, without any wasted ink. It appears to consume ink a little slower too.

It works VERY well.

I can crosshatch an entire letter with 30-50% ink doing that.
 #71 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:46
kieran1394 kieran1394 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Im in 100%.

Gotta do something while my roms download (Commodore 64).

30% ink.

[This message has been edited by kieran1394 (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #72 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:49
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by kieran1394:
Im in 100%.

Gotta do something while my roms download (Commodore 64).

30% ink.




Thanks
 #73 
Old 2006-03-19, 02:33
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

OMGWFTBBQ WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BEAUTIFUL PLAN...!!!!

I go away for two days, and it's all vandalised =\.

What was supposed to happen is the superstructure goes in first, then the fillers flood in and crosshatch the entire thing, then fill in the rest. You guys apparently went in one letter at a time, WHICH ATTRACTS VANDALISM. I hate to say it, but this is fucking disorganised. We have no structure at all, and unless we can plan it out properly, it's going to come out shitty and vandalised.

I put too much work into this, but now I guess we have to restart. I AM GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER SUPERSTRUCTURE, AND I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHERE IT IS UNTIL IT NEEDS TO BE FILLED.

!Xorm!
 #74 
Old 2006-03-19, 02:43
Andreas Andreas is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Owned.
 #75 
Old 2006-03-19, 03:05
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by Andreas:
Owned.


Yarly.
 #76 
Old 2006-03-19, 03:41
Nsomnia Nsomnia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Well I dunno who started it but I just continued it. But ok Xorm. Sounds good. Sorry
 #77 
Old 2006-03-19, 04:56
SephirothAngelus SephirothAngelus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by geekykiddo:
OMGWFTBBQ WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BEAUTIFUL PLAN...!!!!

I go away for two days, and it's all vandalised =\.

What was supposed to happen is the superstructure goes in first, then the fillers flood in and crosshatch the entire thing, then fill in the rest. You guys apparently went in one letter at a time, WHICH ATTRACTS VANDALISM. I hate to say it, but this is fucking disorganised. We have no structure at all, and unless we can plan it out properly, it's going to come out shitty and vandalised.

I put too much work into this, but now I guess we have to restart. I AM GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER SUPERSTRUCTURE, AND I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHERE IT IS UNTIL IT NEEDS TO BE FILLED.

!Xorm!



Yes, do it!
 #78 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:36
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

heheh

I drew a square on my monitor so I can correctly proportion the squares for the grid. It's in grape-purple. You know those Mr> Sketch scented markers, right?
 #79 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:16
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

Done. The outline is finished. We can call in the crosshatcher teams now. I'll release the location when we have the teams organized.
 #80 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:21
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

WHERE ARE OUR CROSSHACTHERS?!

WE NEED PEOPLE TO FILL IN THE FUCKING OUTLINE.

LOOK AT THE OUTLINE, BUT DON'T TOUCH. NOT YET.

WE WILL CALL IN ALL THE FILLERS AT ONCE, and it has to be done under a few hours.
http://www.drawball.com/77qymnv
 #81 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:34
Regular
 
New York
Default Re: Drawball

Am I the only one that can't really see anything? I zoomed in and saw a grid pattern but it was hard to distinguish from all the crap around it.
 #82 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:41
geekykiddo geekykiddo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drawball

quote:
Originally posted by RustyBurrito55:
Am I the only one that can't really see anything? I zoomed in and saw a grid pattern but it was hard to distinguish from all the crap around it.


Zoom in all the way. I've taken care of everything, just zoom in 100%, and when the signal is given (or at 2:00 PST March 19 2006), start coloring in each of the blue squares. Each cell is a component of the structure, which makes it very easy to fill, because you do one cell at a time.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics