About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:35
Crakk-Attak Crakk-Attak is offline
Regular
 
Default Positive and Negative Consequences of Nationalism

Since I lost my textbook, and I can't find a good website containing this information, I'm going to ask you guys at TOTSE

What are some positive and negative consequences of nationalism?

I understand that nationalism means the feelings of people towards their country, but I don't know any positive or negative things with nationalism
 #2 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:39
Crippled Lucifer Crippled Lucifer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Positive and Negative Consequences of Nationalism

Why don't you try thinking for yourself? Think of past nationalist countries and their social tendencies. This is why I hate the American educational system.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:45
Crakk-Attak Crakk-Attak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Positive and Negative Consequences of Nationalism

quote:
Originally posted by Crippled Lucifer:
Why don't you try thinking for yourself? Think of past nationalist countries and their social tendencies. This is why I hate the American educational system.


Heres the thing though, I don't know any nationalist countries or their social tendencies because I don't have my textbook and I don't remember anything about nationalism from last year due to skipping school (which I now know is dumb)

But oh well I shouldn't rely of people from the internet to help me with school.

But then again feel free to share your knowledge with me, as I'd appreciate it
 #4 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:46
sii sii is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Positive and Negative Consequences of Nationalism

Nationalism has replaced religion as the opiate of the masses in many parts of the world. Sometimes a combination of nationalism and religious extremism crate chaos. And I know I love opiates, but in this case, it's a negative thing.

[This message has been edited by sii (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #5 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:47
Regular
 
London
Default Re: Positive and Negative Consequences of Nationalism

Humanities

Please? They need the numbers.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:51
robbinthehood robbinthehood is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Positive and Negative Consequences of Nationalism

National Socialism for the win.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-17, 00:50
goldenchurchhill goldenchurchhill is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Positive and Negative Consequences of Nationalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazism (bad)
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics