About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:11
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Scandinavia

I've been to Finland and Iceland and I can safely say both places suck a big fat cock, and the women aren't what they're hyped up to be, they're no better than any other European women. Also, there's nothing to do in Iceland and Finland, and the weather is worse than the UK. You can't even buy beer because it costs so much, and it's incrediblely expensive.

Also, the people are assholes who won't help you out, even if you ask them in their language.

So, don't waste your money on going to Scandinavian countries.



[This message has been edited by TheKillerMonkey (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #2 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:15
Head-shopper Head-shopper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Yeah come visit me in Shetland instead.

Bad weather but good bear and friendly people.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:19
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

You're an idiot. So you encountered some people who didn't help you out, and you're too fucking poor or too damn ignorant to see that great countries have a price. Your opinion is based upon those 2 things? I highly doubt you're an authority on Scandinavia, you're just stupid.

And yes, bear is expensive. Good job on pointing that out.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:20
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
You're an idiot. So you encountered some people who didn't help you out, and you're too fucking poor or too damn ignorant to see that great countries have a price. Your opinion is based upon those 2 things? I highly doubt you're an authority on Scandinavia, you're just stupid.

And yes, bear is expensive. Good job on pointing that out.



The only thing Scandinavia had going for it = cool scenery.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:22
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Fine, my friend. You tell me why the Scandinavian countries are so great. And no, I'm not talkg about the standard of living, I'm talking from a visiter's point of view.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:23
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by TheKillerMonkey:
The only thing Scandinavia had going for it = cool scenery.


Not to mention they have one of the best social security & education systems in the world. The people are healthy, wealthy & happy, you just didn't like it.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:25
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
Not to mention they have one of the best social security & education systems in the world. The people are healthy, wealthy & happy, you just didn't like it.


Happy? Yet the region has one of the highest suicide rates in the world?
 #8 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:27
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

From what I've seen (And I've been to every country in Europe, I've been in Scandinavia about ten times the last 4 years) Scandinavia is awesome. People are generally very helpful & friendly. 3 mates & I went camping in Norway last winter, and we could eat & sleep at every house/villa we asked this. We didn't have to pay, we didn't have to work, we were welcome. Same case in Sweden.

Scandinavian countries are the cleanest I've seen, maybe ranking second after Switzerland. There's respect for nature, there's respect for people, and visitors are welcome. You must have had bad luck.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:32
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by TheKillerMonkey:
Happy? Yet the region has one of the highest suicide rates in the world?


I meant generally, and I said people, not teenagers. It's a good thing they're killing themselves off, fucking idiots they are. They've got everything they need but they're sad over the most stupid shit.

And the weather is quite responsible for this phenomenon. Being emo + long dark cold months + the general pussification of people all over the world = the easy way out, for lots of them.

[This message has been edited by umop 3pisdn (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #10 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:36
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
I meant generally, and I said people, not teenagers. It's a good thing they're killing themselves off, fucking idiots they are. They've got everything they need but they're sad over the most stupid shit.

And the weather is quite responsible for this phenomenon. Being emo + long dark cold months + the general pussification of people all over the world = the easy way out, for lots of them.




Actually, I agree with you on that point. I didn't actually see many emo kids in Scandinavia though, I saw a lot of "death metal kiddies", but not a lot of emo kids.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:43
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by TheKillerMonkey:
Actually, I agree with you on that point. I didn't actually see many emo kids in Scandinavia though, I saw a lot of "death metal kiddies", but not a lot of emo kids.


I was there during a regular school week last spring, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Make-up like a fucking panda, everybody dressed in black, I didn't even have to talk to them to know they were idiots. And there were shitloads of them, everywhere. If they aren't the ones killing themselves, it must be the parents.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-16, 17:50
TheKillerMonkey TheKillerMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
I was there during a regular school week last spring, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Make-up like a fucking panda, everybody dressed in black, I didn't even have to talk to them to know they were idiots. And there were shitloads of them, everywhere. If they aren't the ones killing themselves, it must be the parents.


Hahaha, which country was this specifically?
 #13 
Old 2006-03-16, 20:52
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Since when was Finland and Iceland a part of Scandinavia.

[This message has been edited by Jokke (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #14 
Old 2006-03-16, 20:57
Dre Crabbe Dre Crabbe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
Since when was Finland and Iceland a part of Scandinavia.




You're right, Iceland isn't part of Scandinavia. Finland, along with Norway, Sweden and Denmark is though...

YOU FUCKING COCKHEAD
 #15 
Old 2006-03-16, 20:59
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by TheKillerMonkey:
Hahaha, which country was this specifically?


Norway. Near Oslo, where we stayed for 2 days before we went up north to Narvik.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:02
Moderator
 
Northern VA
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
I've been to every country in Europe


Spoiled.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:03
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Dre Crabbe:
You're right, Iceland isn't part of Scandinavia. Finland, along with Norway, Sweden and Denmark is though...

YOU FUCKING COCKHEAD



Do some Research asshole. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
 #18 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:07
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Zay:
Spoiled.


I worked for all my travels myself, my dad found it a very good thing to give me money for, as opposed to video games or clothes. I earned them, with the help of the lottery, be jealous all you want.



 #19 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:10
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
Do some Research asshole. [URL=http: //en.wikip edia.org/w iki/Scandi navia]http ://en.wiki pedia.org/ wiki/Scand inavia[/URL]


Wikipedia is not a reliable source, you fucking troglodyte.

And your link doesn't even mention Iceland. Way to make an idiot out of yourself. Dumbass.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:15
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
Wikipedia is not a reliable source, you fucking troglodyte.

And your link doesn't even mention Iceland. Way to make an idiot out of yourself. Dumbass.



Huh what? I didn�t say anything against you. That asshole Dre Crabbe said that
Finland was a part of Scandinavia. I didn�t even say anything about Iceland

But thank you for speaking so kindly about my fatherland(Norway)

Edit:And I know that there have been some issues about if Finland is a part of
Scandinavia But I have been thought in school and by my friends and family
That Finland is NOT a part of Scandinavia


[This message has been edited by Jokke (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #21 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:17
Moderator
 
Northern VA
Default Re: Scandinavia

Whats the difference between fatherland and motherland? Is it because on a map the Norway and Sweden penninsula is shaped like a penis while russia looks like a giant floppy vagina?
 #22 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:20
Crippled Lucifer Crippled Lucifer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
I was there during a regular school week last spring, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Make-up like a fucking panda, everybody dressed in black, I didn't even have to talk to them to know they were idiots. And there were shitloads of them, everywhere. If they aren't the ones killing themselves, it must be the parents.


Oi, you've just witnessed the black metal bandwagon. Ever since Kerrang published the article about Varg Vikernes, millions of kiddies have been trying to imitate the bm forefathers. These kids are to black metal what modern emos are to punk rocl.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:27
Bjork Bjork is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
And your link doesn't even mention Iceland. Way to make an idiot out of yourself. Dumbass.


It mentions Iceland many times!!
 #24 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:32
robbinthehood robbinthehood is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by TheKillerMonkey:
You can't even buy bear because it costs so much, and it's incrediblely expensive.


How much does a bear run for in Finland?
 #25 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:33
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Bjork:
It mentions Iceland many times!!


Fine, it does, now that I've looked at it a bit longer. Wikipedia still sucks though, that was the main point.
 #26 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:35
Moderator
 
Northern VA
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by robbinthehood:
How much does a bear run for in Finland?



That depends. Do you want a polar bear or a grizzly bear?
 #27 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:36
robbinthehood robbinthehood is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

I hear it's a bit nippy in Iceland this time of year.
 #28 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:36
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Zay:

That depends. Do you want a polar bear or a grizzly bear?



I deserve credit for the bear joke, I was first.
 #29 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:38
robbinthehood robbinthehood is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
I deserve credit for the bear joke, I was first.


Aw. I didn't notice. I just pressed the quote button. Can I still have 25% credit?
 #30 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:38
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
Fine, it does, now that I've looked at it a bit longer. Wikipedia still sucks though, that was the main point.


But still. After Norwegian standards Iceland is not considered as a part of Scandinavia nor Finland .Only Norway, Sweden, And Denmark.
 #31 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:39
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by robbinthehood:
Aw. I didn't notice. I just pressed the quote button. Can I still have 25% credit?


We'll split it 50/50.

Deal?
 #32 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:40
Moderator
 
Northern VA
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
I deserve credit for the bear joke, I was first.


Seriously though, if you look at norway and sweden on a map, they look like a penis, and then finland looks like the testicles.

[This message has been edited by Zay (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #33 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:41
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
But still. After Norwegian standards Iceland is not considered as a part of Scandinavia nor Finland .Only Norway, Sweden, And Denmark.


That's what I've always learned too, though many sources add Finland to the whole. Iceland's never mentioned as a part of Scandinavia around here.

Weird.
 #34 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:42
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

That�s because Norway is leet. (not Sweden tho)
 #35 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:42
robbinthehood robbinthehood is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
We'll split it 50/50.

Deal?



You got yerself a deal.

So, readers of this post: direct 50% of your laughter towards umop, and 50% towards me. Thank you .
 #36 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:43
Moderator
 
Northern VA
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by robbinthehood:
You got yerself a deal.

So, readers of this post: direct 50% of your laughter towards umop, and 50% towards me. Thank you .



Fuck that, I'm the one who put the joke out there. A lot of illiterates can't tell the difference between beer and bear, luckily I saved the joke by adding grizzly and polar.

[This message has been edited by Zay (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #37 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:44
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
That's what I've always learned too, though many sources add Finland to the whole. Iceland's never mentioned as a part of Scandinavia around here.

Weird.



That�s exactly what I said. So why did you disagree with me?

 #38 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:44
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Zay:
Seriously though, if you look at norway and sweden on a map, they look like a penis, and then finland looks like the testicles.




Eveybody knows that. Just like Italy being a boot kicking Sicily, Florida being a penis & New Guinea (including Papua) being s sea turtle or some weird animal.

Mindanao has an even better penis on its West coast, with 2 seperate disfigured balls.
 #39 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:46
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
That�s exactly what I said. So why did you disagree with me?



I don't remember. Let's make love.
 #40 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:47
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Friends for ever? *crosses fingers*
 #41 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:48
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
Friends for ever? *crosses fingers*


Sure, you're more than decent.

*secret friend handshake*

Want to drink strawberry milk & pretend to smoke after school?
 #42 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:49
robbinthehood robbinthehood is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Zay:
Fuck that, I'm the one who put the joke out there. A lot of illiterates can't tell the difference between beer and bear, luckily I saved the joke by adding grizzly and polar.


You saved nothing!

None the less... *gives Zay 1%*
 #43 
Old 2006-03-16, 21:49
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Sure that's cool. Butt sex later?


Edit: T

[This message has been edited by Jokke (edited 03-16-2006).]
 #44 
Old 2006-03-17, 00:42
Tommy Lund Tommy Lund is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Half the people here are ignorant.
 #45 
Old 2006-03-17, 01:15
SurahAhriman SurahAhriman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Zay:
Whats the difference between fatherland and motherland? Is it because on a map the Norway and Sweden penninsula is shaped like a penis while russia looks like a giant floppy vagina?


It's a linguistic issue. Every country but Germany refers to their country as the motherland. Only germany uses fatherland.
 #46 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:48
Dre Crabbe Dre Crabbe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
Do some Research asshole. [URL=http: //en.wikip edia.org/w iki/Scandi navia]http ://en.wiki pedia.org/ wiki/Scand inavia[/URL]



quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia:
The neutrality and factual accuracy of this article are disputed.


Idiot.

 #47 
Old 2006-03-19, 02:16
Needsahug Needsahug is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by SurahAhriman:
Every country but Germany refers to their country as the motherland. Only germany uses fatherland.


Finland uses fatherland too. WW2 linguistic conspiracy?
 #48 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:13
Dre Crabbe Dre Crabbe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Belgium uses fatherland.
 #49 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:19
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

"Surveys show that despite their obsession with modern technology, as many as 80% of Icelanders believe in the existence of elves. Even today, roads have been rerouted and building plans redesigned or abandoned to avoid disturbing rocks where elves are said to live. All around the country, strange lava formations were once explained in folktales as trolls who were turned to stone when caught outdoors in daylight. But only children in Iceland believe in trolls today, and the once widespread belief in ghosts is in decline, some say because electricity has taken the fright out of the long winter nights."
http://tinyurl.com/ltlju
 #50 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:20
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by umop 3pisdn:
I was there during a regular school week last spring, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Make-up like a fucking panda, everybody dressed in black, I didn't even have to talk to them to know they were idiots. And there were shitloads of them, everywhere. If they aren't the ones killing themselves, it must be the parents.


I have heard that there were church burnings in Norway all the time (in the 70-80's) by people like that, I am not quite sure, but I think it still happens rarely
 #51 
Old 2006-03-19, 12:31
mindh4X0rz mindh4X0rz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Page 2.
 #52 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:03
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by cronic5:
I have heard that there were church burnings in Norway all the time (in the 70-80's) by people like that, I am not quite sure, but I think it still happens rarely


The church buring was not done by people like that.They are just emo's/goth whatever.
Trust me i know. There are some people like that in my school. There pussys.
 #53 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:04
MAMMON MAMMON is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

i was once lost in finland and no one would help me.

but then another time i had no hotel room in finland and a woman let me sleep in her attic and gave me a mattress.

it's so hard to generalize on these things.
 #54 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:08
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Dre Crabbe:
Idiot.




If you read my post you would have stop making an idiot out of yourself

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
But still. After Norwegian standards Iceland is not considered as a part of Scandinavia nor Finland .Only Norway, Sweden, And Denmark.

 #55 
Old 2006-03-19, 13:36
smoketheweed smoketheweed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by cronic5:
I have heard that there were church burnings in Norway all the time (in the 70-80's) by people like that, I am not quite sure, but I think it still happens rarely


In the 70-80's I believe there was more goths aged 20-40, etc, I think they were the ones who did it. I believe church burnings still go on rarely, but only by older goths and some emo kids who aren't pussies (even rarer).
 #56 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:01
Regular
 
North Italy/England
Default Re: Scandinavia

Scandinavian people are usually polite but they tend to be a bit too cold, I like us loud, unpolite south Europeans better.
 #57 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:14
M0rt M0rt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
That�s because Norway is leet. (not Sweden tho)


I'm orginaly from Norway but I live in Sweden and I can't find anything wrong with it. This Sweden vs Norway thing is just so tiresom.
 #58 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:15
Dre Crabbe Dre Crabbe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by Jokke:
If you read my post you would have stop making an idiot out of yourself


Shut your mouth. You used a source that contradicted what you said and admits that the FACTUAL ACCURACY of its content is disputed. That makes you an idiot. Good day, Mr. Idiot !



[This message has been edited by Dre Crabbe (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #59 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:27
Jokke Jokke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

I agree. Wikipedia inset a good source. And that makes me and idiot for using it as facts, but That wasn�t my main point. and I agreed in one of my previous posts that wikipedia can�t be trusted
 #60 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:32
Tommy Lund Tommy Lund is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

quote:
Originally posted by M0rt:
I'm orginaly from Norway but I live in Sweden and I can't find anything wrong with it. This Sweden vs Norway thing is just so tiresom.


Aye, swedes are a good fuck and norwegian draws them as flies.
 #61 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:54
secretidentity secretidentity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

i went to norway for a few weeks on an exchange trip. In general everyone was pretty nice and personally i liked it alot more than america
 #62 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:00
Loc Dogg Loc Dogg is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

The Rasmus is from Scandinavia. That's good.

HIM is from Scanvinavia. That's bad.
 #63 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:08
Zonko Zonko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scandinavia

Finland isn't part of Skandinavia, regardless of the fact it's Nordic, and was formerly part of the Swedish empire.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics