About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:21
Corpse_Grinder Corpse_Grinder is offline
Regular
 
Default I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

My girlfriend wants me to go to this thing called Taste of Chaos that has a bunch of emo shit playing... any suggestions on what to do to avoid boredom, or what drugs to do?

The band lineup is


-DEFTONES
-THRICE
-ATREYU
-STORY OF THE YEAR
-AS I LAY DYING
-DREDG
-SILVERSTEIN
-PELICAN
-ADAIR
-FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND
-THE CONFESSION
-THE RECEIVING END OF SIRENS
-STREET DRUM CORPS
-GREELEY ESTATES
- MILLIONAIRE
-THE SMASHUP

 #2 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:24
colorsoc colorsoc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Walk around with your fingers in your ears and yell: LALALALALALALALALALA
 #3 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:30
Megalodon Megalodon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

surround the exits with barbwire, then moltov the place
 #4 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:43
Regular
 
&T
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Kill your girlfriend, it's the only way man.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:45
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Dump her.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:51
Chaos Deathcult Chaos Deathcult is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

hahahha, that sucks. You should seriously kill one member of a band, and blame it on "Slayer" and "the devil", so you can give metal a bad name.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:52
glad_to_mosh glad_to_mosh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

I went to that....Story of the Year....Dredg ....Deftones ....and Street Drum Corps are not emo and are freaking awesome....DEFTONES EMO?? WHAT they have the best fucking show and by the way right b4 they played the lead singer said "FUCK YOU EMO FAGGOTS" and started rockin the fuck out it was great.


Edit: Oh yeah watch out for those "HARDCORExxx" dancers they will dance on your face. HAHA. beath their ass. oh yeah and get ready to see lots of tits and grab all kinds of boobs when the girls crowd surf . HA

[This message has been edited by glad_to_mosh (edited 03-15-2006).]
 #8 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:53
Tommy Lund Tommy Lund is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Deftones is not emo.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:53
RandomHero RandomHero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

The fucking Deftones nigga!! BOO the ENTIRE time ALL the other bands are playing. Deftones will be legit live. I am going to the stop in Kansas City, for the headliners DEFTONES of course.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:54
Regular
 
Sydney, Australia
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by glad_to_mosh:
I went to that....Story of the Year....Dredg ....Deftones ....and Street Drum Corps are not emo and are freaking awesome....DEFTONES EMO?? WHAT they have the best fucking show and by the way right b4 they played the lead singer said "FUCK YOU EMO FAGGOTS" and started rockin the fuck out it was great.


He's in denial. He wants to be cool by making fun of emos, but everytime he says that, he dies a little more inside. And Deftones suck live. Infact, they suck in the studio too... Hmm, predicament...
 #11 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:55
glad_to_mosh glad_to_mosh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy Lund:
Deftones is not emo.


THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT! haha
 #12 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:56
willbert09 willbert09 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Do you live in minnesota??
 #13 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:57
Tommy Lund Tommy Lund is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by EssJay:
He's in denial. He wants to be cool by making fun of emos, but everytime he says that, he dies a little more inside. And Deftones suck live. Infact, they suck in the studio too... Hmm, predicament...


Yea, they are gay, but newmetal, not emo.

At least on early albums (all i have heard)
 #14 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:58
Regular
 
Sydney, Australia
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy Lund:
Yea, they are gay, but newmetal, not emo.

At least on early albums (all i have heard)



They're nu-metal, but a shitty excuse for it. They give it a bad name.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:59
Storm Storm is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

You're lucky. Dredg is supposed to be an amazing live act.

And the Deftones are one of my favorite bands, and they're DEFINITELY not emo.

Man, they're one of the most influential bands of the 90's, and they put on a TIGHT show, I saw them last weekend in Detroit.

The Street Drums Corps are beautiful.

You'll have fun. Those three bands will make any concert worth enduring Emo for.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-15, 03:59
Violent Monotreme Violent Monotreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

I might go to the stop in ohio. I went last year and saw The Used and MCR.

I am not so much into them now but I don't hate them as much as the rest of totse. If I go I will most likely enjoy every band there.

P.S. Deftones are fucking sweet. Whether you like emo or not.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:00
Rowy Rowy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Yeah, sick. A few of my friends went to last years taste of chaos and I didn't want to go. Last years line up was even worse than this year considering it was the Used and My Chemical Romance.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:01
Tommy Lund Tommy Lund is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by EssJay:
They're nu-metal, but a shitty excuse for it. They give it a bad name.


No, linkin park does.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:01
satanstan satanstan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Deftones rule.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:04
Twistid Twistid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

suicide/death
 #21 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:06
Corpse_Grinder Corpse_Grinder is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Deftones is the only band there I like, I don't like any of the other stuff, but yeah, one thing I'm going to do is beat emo kids. I'm thinking of getting spun off my ass and beat down a bunch of them
 #22 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:06
analcunt analcunt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

hxc dance. n/m u'd probably get fucked up in the pit.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:08
Regular
 
Sydney, Australia
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
Man, they're one of the most influential bands of the 90's, and they put on a TIGHT show


According to just about anyone [insert random band who released albums between jan 1st 1990 and december 31st 1999] were the most influential. They didn't offer anything new to nu-metal.
 #24 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:09
Regular
 
California
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

go Osama bin laden on they emo asses....
 #25 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:11
Trooper555 Trooper555 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

bottles of piss
aim for drummer or singer or crowd
 #26 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:11
rob0ts are US rob0ts are US is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

I saw the Slackers.

I win.
 #27 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:12
Storm Storm is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by EssJay:
According to just about anyone [insert random band who released albums between jan 1st 1990 and december 31st 1999] were the most influential. They didn't offer anything new to nu-metal.



They were amongst the first.
 #28 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:12
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Corpse_Grinder:
-DEFTONES
-ATREYU
-AS I LAY DYING



These three are okay.
 #29 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:14
SloppyJo SloppyJo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Deftones are pretty good.
 #30 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:18
Regular
 
Oblivion.
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by EssJay:
They're nu-metal, but a shitty excuse for it. They give it a bad name.


Nu-metal is a bad name.

P.S - Burn the place down!

[This message has been edited by Matt110 (edited 03-15-2006).]
 #31 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:19
Dream of the iris Dream of the iris is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by colorsoc:
Walk around with your fingers in your ears and yell: LALALALALALALALALALA


 #32 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:37
Regular
 
MI
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

First off alot of those bands are good its just that totse consists mostly of fags to whom the only "good" music is metallica or somthing no one listens to because its cool to be "non mainstream." Second this forum is Spurious Generalities not "Spurious Rock and Roll"

/rant

[This message has been edited by gmail (edited 03-15-2006).]
 #33 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:39
patmagroin patmagroin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by cronic5:
These three are okay.


atreyu is about as emo as you can get.
 #34 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:44
Snuzzles Snuzzles is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

WTF is Pelican doing there? That shit's amazing on shrooms.
 #35 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:44
phreakydeadman phreakydeadman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by gmail:
First off all alot of those bands are good its just that totse consits mostly of fags to whom the only "good" music is metallica or somthing no one listens to because its cool to be "non mainstream." Second this forum is Spurious Generalities not "Spurious Rock and Roll"

/rant



THIS NIGGA KNOWS WHAT'S UP!
Almost all of those bands are good but everyone on here thinks they're cool because they "hate 'emos" You are all stupid and do not know what emo is.
The bands are good. Go and enjoy yourself.

By the way, I'm going to go when the tour hits my area. So quit your bitching.
 #36 
Old 2006-03-15, 04:58
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by patmagroin:
atreyu is about as emo as you can get.


They have a few decent songs. And they are MUCH better than bands like My Chemical Romance, and Greenday.
 #37 
Old 2006-03-15, 10:28
tek42 tek42 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

my girl friend drug me to that show last monday, and yes almost all of it sucked. but i did go for one important reason. myspace had some vote for the best local band to open up the whole show. well after alot of cheating and plain old support, one of my favorite bands DisastercompleX won. so i made a shirt that said 'im just here for Disastercomplex' in big ass letters.

other than that the only band worth staying for more than the first half hour was 'as i lay dying' they had a decent pit and sounded better live than on record. and by the way the street drum corps SUCKED BALLS, and the deftones only had 1 good/decent album (adreniline) and theyre live show was the most dissapointing thing i have seen in years. could have been better if chino (the singer) wasnt totally shitfaced and could stand and hold a mic for more than 5 seconds.

sorry to ramble, hey what else is there to do while tweekin? all im tryn to say is give the local guys a chance (unless theyre fuckin emo) and if you can smack some tightass jean wearing, hair pushed to one side, depressed, woe-is-me emo bitches while as i lay dying plays. then sit down till its over.
 #38 
Old 2006-03-15, 10:30
Regular
 
UK
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

As far as i can see theres only one traditional "emo" band on that list.
 #39 
Old 2006-03-15, 10:31
Lazy Serotonin Lazy Serotonin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Corpse_Grinder:

-THE RECEIVING END OF SIRENS



Go see this band.
 #40 
Old 2006-03-15, 10:35
Regular
 
London
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Deftones own! Or at least they used to if they don't now.

Gmail you are a fucking idiot, noone claims metallica are non-mainstream. What fucking music do you listen to?
 #41 
Old 2006-03-15, 10:46
zing nipples zing nipples is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

dam, at least when that was here rise against played
 #42 
Old 2006-03-15, 10:50
zebra head zebra head is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Deftones aren't THAT bad... but most of the others there I've never heard of or I hate...

Molotov EVERYTHING, then murder/suicide.
 #43 
Old 2006-03-15, 11:02
Captain Kaboom Captain Kaboom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Corpse_Grinder:
My girlfriend wants me to




Answer: Automatic impulse murder
 #44 
Old 2006-03-15, 17:05
heavymetal1 heavymetal1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

silverstein sucks ass
 #45 
Old 2006-03-15, 17:13
McScrewtape McScrewtape is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Millionaire isn't emo either
still sucks though
 #46 
Old 2006-03-15, 17:16
naive_wisdom naive_wisdom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Corpse_Grinder:


-DEFTONES Excellent.
-THRICE V. Good
-ATREYU Ok.
-STORY OF THE YEAR Ok.
-AS I LAY DYING Not heard.
-DREDG Not heard.
-SILVERSTEIN Not heard.
-PELICAN Not heard.
-ADAIR Not heard.
-FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND Good because they are the second best Welsh band ever
-THE CONFESSION Not heard.
-THE RECEIVING END OF SIRENS Not heard.
-STREET DRUM CORPS Not heard.
-GREELEY ESTATES Not heard.
- MILLIONAIRE Not heard.
-THE SMASHUP Not heard.




 #47 
Old 2006-03-15, 17:55
xannex xannex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

As I lay Dying is a fun live band, and I wouldn't call them emo. I've seen Atreyu and I was actually surprised. I thought they had a pretty good set and were very enthusiastic. Maybe you'll enjoy it.
 #48 
Old 2006-03-15, 17:58
lacker lacker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

WTF do you have against the Deftones?
 #49 
Old 2006-03-15, 18:04
Lacedwithdelight Lacedwithdelight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

quote:
Originally posted by Corpse_Grinder:
I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands



DIE!
 #50 
Old 2006-03-15, 18:11
Isobutane Isobutane is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm going to see a bunch of emo bands

Those bands aren't even actual emo.
Just total shit.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics