About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:04
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default @home Tooth Removal

As I'm typing this, I have a clove in my mouth. I just took an aspirin and I've had 2 cups of green tea since I woke up.

This teeth of mine is hurting. Bad. I don't know what it's called. It's the sixth teeth from the centre, on the lower jaw, on my right side. It's basically a crater. Black/brown/yellow inside. I've had it since I was 8 or 9. I had it filled when I was 10ish and now the filling is gone. I'm too poor to afford a new filling or mannerly removal.

So, I'm looking at the pair of pliers I have sitting on my desk. Next to it is Finlandia. It's vodka. And it's supposedly made in Finland. The bottle though is made in China. In my drawer is an unopened bottle of Robogels. Good ol' Robogels.

So, I'm going to take one or the other of the two ingestibles (because the two don't mix) and attempt to remove the fucker with the metal grab thingy.

What I need to know is about the long term pain. I don't mind short term pain. In fact, I love it. What I don't like is not being able to go to sleep day after day because of pain. Will there be any after I'm done removing this fucker? Logic dictates that since the rotting tooth is causing the pain, it's un-presence will not cause any more pain. But what about the pain from the wound? Is that going to bother me for the rest of my life or will it go away after it intercourses with my face for an hour or two?

Answer that and I promise to not sleep with your mother anymore.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:06
Q Q is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

You will probably have severed the nerve after removing the tooth so there shouldn't be any long term effects.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:11
Regular
 
Lewiston Idaho
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Omg pix?

Seriously, if you do this shit, pictures are necessary.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:13
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by SubZen:
Omg pix?

Seriously, if you do this shit, pictures are necessary.



Blood will spill and pix will be posted.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:15
Millixion Millixion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Dude, this thread made me cringe.

I don't really know, but I think all of the pain would be coming from the tooth, so not so much long term pain.

But dude, take some sort of pain killer. That's just scary, it's going to hurt so fucking much if you don't numb it.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:16
Regular
 
Lewiston Idaho
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

If someone gave me an OC40 I could take out any of my teeth.

So yeah, I recommend getting a little oxycodone.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:17
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Millixion:
Dude, this thread made me cringe.

I don't really know, but I think all of the pain would be coming from the tooth, so not so much long term pain.

But dude, take some sort of pain killer. That's just scary, it's going to hurt so fucking much if you don't numb it.



Alcohol or dissociatives.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:45
Moderator
 
The Cahulawassee River
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

This thread reminds me of the movie Affliction. In the movie, a character chugs some whiskey and then pulls one of his teeth out with a plier.

It looked like it hurt pretty damn bad even with the whiskey.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:49
Regular
 
۩۩۩۩
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

I recommend using the vodka, dxm may be a dissociative, but it would take an incredible dose for it to be anesthesia.

Edit: spelling



[This message has been edited by The Duke (edited 03-12-2006).]
 #10 
Old 2006-03-12, 20:53
ExplodingTeeth ExplodingTeeth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Bad bad bad idea! Take some painkillers and go to the dentist...
 #11 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:00
Assmonkey Assmonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Are you going to Do It Yourself ?

also, pix
 #12 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:01
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Do it "Castaway" style and take a blunt object and place it against tooth. Step 2 BASH rock against object and CHUG vodka and swish it around to prevent infection.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:01
Moderator
 
USA
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

I've pulled out loose ones with a vicegrip before. No longterm pain at all.

Edit- they were baby teeth, though.

[This message has been edited by Random_Looney (edited 03-12-2006).]
 #14 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:01
Lundmark Lundmark is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

for gods sake use google. There has to be some method to pulling teeth. What if you pull it half way out and dont want to continue? What if you fuck up the veins going to the neighboring teeth. Email some DDS's first. Damnit I would never pull a tooth out of my mouth.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:04
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Pliers are tricky, you may shatter your tooth before you manage to pull it out, teeth don't provide much friction & they're not exactly big & easy to grab. If you can, have a friend do it, and drink the Finlandia (fine choice, by the way) right after. Keep the vodka in your mouth as long as you can, too.

If you don't manage to pull it out but shatter it instead you'll need to go to the hospital. Unless you're hardcore enough to shovel the pieces of tooth out of the cavity with a screwdriver or something, do so, but see a doctor afterwards.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:28
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Don't do it. You can hurt yourself a lot more than you think.

Professionally removal is the best, even if you don't have the money for it.

I am not behind this at all and you will probably hurt yourself worse than you already are.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:28
Millixion Millixion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
Alcohol or dissociatives.



I wouldn't recomend dissociatives, you might pull the wrong tooth.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:32
spodie spodie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

As a fellow Totsean with bad teeth, I can tell you this. If you can bear the pain for a while, and keep the inflammation under control, the nerve will die. This will render the offending tooth painless.

Being poor, I have had to do this many times. My first line of defense is ibuprofen. I take a prescription dose every six hours, which is 800 milligrams. Buy large bottles of ibuprofen � 500 tablets at 200 milligrams each � and commence taking four of these every six hours without fail. At first, you will notice your ears ringing, and you will bleed heavily if you are cut. But after a few months of this threapy, these side effects will subside. Remember to take 800 milligrams every six hours without fail, or your pain will return with a vengeance.

The ibuprofen will reduce or eliminate the swelling in the offending tooth. The swelling is what causes the pain. During this time, eat soft foods, away from the bad tooth. Avoid crunchy or hard foods, and eat small bites that can easily be chewed on the side opposite the bad tooth. You might also notice pieces of the dying tooth breaking off, which can be very creepy. For the most part, ibuprofen will take care of the pain, unless you bite down hard on the offending tooth.

There are times, however, when ibuprofen won't do anything for you. When the pain is really bad, have a supply of Darvocet-N, Lortab, or Vicodin, on hand. I have an open-ended prescription for Darvocet-N from my doctor for arthritis pain, but use it almost exclusively for tooth pain. Go see your doctor, tell him that you have arthritis, and need something for pain. He will most likely write a script for Darvocet-N, which you can take two of every four hours. Try not to take too much of it, as Darvocet-N contains acetaminophen (Tylenol), which can and will damage your liver.

When you sleep, do it sitting up, with no pressure on the side of your face where the bad tooth is. Learn to meditate. This will help you concentrate on relieving your pain. The most important thing is remembering to take 800 milligrams of ibuprofen every six hours.

If I made more money, and wasn't such a pussy about going to the dentist, I wouldn't have had to invent this elaborate scheme for controlling my tooth pain. If you can do it, go have the tooth extracted. It's a hell of a lot easier than doing what I just described. If you do neither, your only alternative is to live in constant agony.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:47
Auburn Azazel Auburn Azazel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

ha. take some vicodin,press record,vodka,pull,bleed,vodka,end,happiness.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:49
Dodectabone Dodectabone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Take pictures of the current thing, then I can give you advice on how t remove it.
 #21 
Old 2006-03-12, 21:53
Regular
 
under the freeway
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

drink the vodka and then do it. in bumfights, this bum has a rotten tooth. first they tie a string to it and the other end to a cinder block. they drop the cinder block and the tooth doesn't come out. so then they just take pliers and rip it out. i don't think he even screams or anything, but it bleeds some. if you manage to get the tooth out, then the pain should go away after awhile. rotten tooth is what's causing the pain.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-12, 22:05
Regular
 
413
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Run_For_Tha_Hills:
drink the vodka and then do it. in bumfights, this bum has a rotten tooth. first they tie a string to it and the other end to a cinder block. they drop the cinder block and the tooth doesn't come out. so then they just take pliers and rip it out. i don't think he even screams or anything, but it bleeds some. if you manage to get the tooth out, then the pain should go away after awhile. rotten tooth is what's causing the pain.


I was reminded of the very same thing.

Anyway, I don't know how bad it will hurt, but it's important to get it DONE in one try, and make it as quick as possible. You're jumping off the high dive, and if you pussy out when it's too late, you're just going to get hurt even worse.

Drink beforehand, but don't bother trying if you can't concentrate. The last thing you want to do is fuck this up Castaway style.

Go get Oragel at the pharmacy. It's not very powerful, but you can load up on it. As others have recommended, pain killers are a must. Hell, if you can get your hands on some novocaine, it'll be a godsend.

If you have trouble sleeping from the pain, try to get a perscription (or other means of getting) clonidine. Its original purpose was a medication for high blood pressure, but now it's recognized as an excellent sleep aid. It's safe, and it's VERY cheap. Generally it's sold in intervals of 20 pills, starting at like 60 (at least where I get it), and a bottle of 60 will run you $15-20. If you can get less, do.

Anyway, videotape/take pics/do it nude, whatever. Just give us something to see.
 #23 
Old 2006-03-12, 22:09
Morgoroth Morgoroth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Assmonkey:
Are you going to [b]Do It Yourself ?

also, pix[/B]


ha ha, i lol'ed
nice one
 #24 
Old 2006-03-12, 22:13
Hated One Hated One is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

I actually have removed a number of my own teeth before, even if they weren't loose.

No long term pain to worry about.
Before you go in there with pliers, take a steel rod (or screwdriver, or whatever you can) and a hammer. Using the rod/tool as a chisel, tap the tooth loose. This will make removal much easier.

Man, I'm glad I stopped doing this.
 #25 
Old 2006-03-12, 22:21
The Shady Dealer The Shady Dealer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Jesus... That sounds painful.
 #26 
Old 2006-03-12, 22:34
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by SubZen:
Omg pix?

Seriously, if you do this shit, pictures are necessary.



 #27 
Old 2006-03-12, 23:55
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Okay. I'll drink the vodka and try to loosen the tooth using a combination of hammer + chisel and shaking it using the plier itself. Once it's loose, I'll drink some more vodka and just yank it out. Hopefully, the wall won't just crumble, leaving the rotting part exposed.

I'd post pictures, but they're not coming out right. It's too dark without the flash and too bright without it.

I'll post the pix of the tooth and the general blood that would leak out of my oral orifice though.

All this, followed by ibuprofen therapy.

[This message has been edited by negative_zero (edited 03-12-2006).]
 #28 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:07
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

When are you going to do this? Now, hopefully?
 #29 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:10
sweepingjaguar sweepingjaguar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Toast:
Do it "Castaway" style and take a blunt object and place it against tooth. Step 2 BASH rock against object and CHUG vodka and swish it around to prevent infection.

Except in castaway he didn`t have any vodka,and he used a ice ski with a rock.

 #30 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:12
Dunkelheit Dunkelheit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Didn't Rambo once remove a bullet from his arm using his knife?

Damn that was cool, a tooth isn't a bullet ... and you didn't get shot ... but fucking hell man, it makes me cringe to think about it. Good luck.
 #31 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:21
Vinnie9229 Vinnie9229 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Dude.. just do a lot of meth and let it fall out quasi-naturally lol
 #32 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:23
Regular
 
under the freeway
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie9229:
Dude.. just do a lot of meth and let it fall out quasi-naturally lol


how do you think it got that way in the first place?
 #33 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:27
Sergeant_Tibbs Sergeant_Tibbs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

You're fucking hard core if you do this. After you do it though rinse your mouth out with salt water a couple of times a day for like a week, so it doesn't get infected. Hope you don't crush the tooth before you get it out.

Oh yeah, pix please.
 #34 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:36
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by KrossFalquo:
When are you going to do this? Now, hopefully?


Prolly tomorrow night.
 #35 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:44
pyroanarchist pyroanarchist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

All I would have said was already said, so all i can say iis afterwards, swish with hydrogen peroxide to kill the germs
 #36 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:47
Regular
 
under the freeway
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
Prolly tomorrow night.


Then why the fuck did you make the thread now?
 #37 
Old 2006-03-13, 00:51
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Run_For_Tha_Hills:
Then why the fuck did you make the thread now?


I need time to think. And prepare.
 #38 
Old 2006-03-13, 01:00
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Have someone do it for you...Get drunk, pass out, and get a friend to pull it out.
 #39 
Old 2006-03-13, 01:03
Regular
 
under the freeway
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
I need time to think. And prepare.


That will just psych you out.
 #40 
Old 2006-03-13, 01:17
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Run_For_Tha_Hills:
That will just psych you out.


Yeah, seriously. Pack your bags, get in the car, and be like "We're going to disneyland!" despite there being no-one in the car, and then like drive 10 miles, get out and say, "Gee I have to go to the bathroom!" and then reach into your fucking face and rip the fucker out and then be like "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR!?" and then be like "You owed me money, bitch." and then be like "Okay, I'm going home now.." and run home and rejoice you ripped out the rotten tooth instead of the good ones, and swish with Finlandia, and joke about good old times, but pay that guy back. He might break your legs next time.

[This message has been edited by KrossFalquo (edited 03-13-2006).]
 #41 
Old 2006-03-13, 02:04
Regular
 
S. Africa
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

You live in Canada. Don't they have fairly good universal dental coverage? Or free clinics? Go to a damn free clinic that has a dentist.
 #42 
Old 2006-03-13, 04:58
satanlikessqrls satanlikessqrls is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

you should really get this done by a professional. if there is an abcess you will most likely die/be in severe pain for a LONG time.
 #43 
Old 2006-03-13, 05:05
Blue_Yonder Blue_Yonder is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

The way it looks, you might as well save on the pain killers and pony up the money for a dentist. If you need to, take out a quick loan or something. The risk of damaging surrounding nerves/other teeth/excessive bleeding isn't worth the money you'll save.

Oh well, I tried, pix plz.
 #44 
Old 2006-03-13, 05:25
MeanStreak88 MeanStreak88 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

My grandfather was a dentist, a very good one. And he's taught me a thing or two.
The tooth your referring to is either the First Molar or the Second Premolar aka Bicuspid, depending on which tooth you call your middle tooth. (There are 2 teeth in the center)
This diagram should help you out. http://tinyurl.com/ek9n6
Anyway, I'm not going to bore you with a bunch of technical info, but basically, you should have lost that tooth inbetween the ages 11-13.
My conclusion: drink 4 shots of vodka, wait 10 minutes. Drink 4 more. Wait 10 minutes minutes. Drink 4 more. Wait 5 minutes.
Now, do this act as fast, and violently as you can. There is no tender or soft way to go about it. Just grab, grip and yank. Immediantly apply ice and cotton swabs or paper towels for the blood. Ice is the main importance. You are now an accomplished savage and can drink to your victory. Then pass out.
 #45 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:06
Dodectabone Dodectabone is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

You remove it?
 #46 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:23
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

How's it going, man? Keep us updated! Also, we, the public like blood. Make it a little messy.
 #47 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:28
Regular
 
Planet Earth
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

holy shit DON'T DO IT!

This is the WORST idea I've seeen in a long time. Get a job for a few weekds and bear the pain. Then get a dentist to do it
 #48 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:43
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

If you didn't buy fucking vodka and robo gels maybe you could afford to have the tooth removed!

A cleaning and filling is like $180. I'd rather get my tooth extracted properly in jail on charges of stealing $180 than I would getting wasted and fucking myself up.
 #49 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:45
SpectraL SpectraL is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Sometimes, a vein will lay in between the roots of the tooth, and the two roots grow around and trap the vein inside. If this is the case and you rip the tooth out, you will sever the vein too. This will require surgery to repair the vein, and you could lose a hell of alot of blood in the meantime, due to the location of the wound. See a professional dentist. If you want to coat the nerve to kill the pain before you can get to the dentist, use Advil and then brush with Sensodyne toothpaste.
 #50 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:45
eesakiwi eesakiwi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

SwIm had a tooth taken out last month, same one 'e thinks.
We have a different medical coverage here. But.
It co$t NZ$35, cash up front.
It wasn't hurting but it had got infected & a little sore, Ibuprofin worked best, so swIm could get some sleep.

In the emergency dental clinic,
they injected the jaw, clamped a vice grip thing onto it & then pulled & used a slight twisting/rolling motion & it came out.
There was a little crack feeling from the bottom of the tooth so a little of the root mighta broken off.

They then had to lance (read Stab) the cavity so the pus/whatever it was came out (Lots! it sprayed outta my mouth & they jerked back at the sight!) It didn't stink lke someone elses did.
SwIm was so relieved that 'e forgot to pick up the prescription for the meds & so didn't use 'em, forgot the tooth too.
Well what could 'e say? fukkall but it was a lot off 'is mind, & the gaps fun to play with.

Good luck & get a Dentist.

Oh & Clove oil will kill the nerve ending after a while, they don't recommend using it at the Chemist.
Unless thats what yah want to do.
SwIm dunno whats the story with 'dry socket'


[This message has been edited by eesakiwi (edited 03-14-2006).]
 #51 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:45
Regular
 
If she's easy, take'r twice.
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

dont forget about a "dry hole". then you'll really need to see a dentist.
 #52 
Old 2006-03-14, 04:57
midgeymonkey2 midgeymonkey2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

DONT DRINK THE VODKA!

you'll make your blood thin and could die from bleeding.cause teeth bleed alot post-tooth pull.

this may have already been posted,but it didnt read the whole thread...tooo slack.
 #53 
Old 2006-03-14, 06:24
SpeakSoSoftly SpeakSoSoftly is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

holy crap dude. good luck dude. take some vodka, vicodin, viagra, and possibly some raid to get your mind off it. infact, if you huff raid afterwards, the tooth will probally be one of the lastes things on your mind.

on a serious note, take pics!
 #54 
Old 2006-03-14, 06:38
Infernal Infernal is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Can't your paraplegic albino girlfriend do it for you, you Canadian Nazi?
 #55 
Old 2006-03-14, 06:46
whatsinanameanyway whatsinanameanyway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

yea, as posted before, dont drink the vodka beforehand. after the tooth is out, use it like mouthwash (or use mouthwash instead).


this is really a bad idea, go ahead if you want to, but i would recomend a dentist....
 #56 
Old 2006-03-14, 07:03
Regular
 
Mesquite Texas
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

If you really want to do this, I guess i can give you some tips.

Cut three slits into the gum where the tooth is, not too high, just a couple of millimeters.

Now rinse with some whisky to disinfect and kill any pain.
loosen the tooth with your fingers back and forth and take some pain killers.

Loosen as much as you can with the needlenose pliers then grab the tooth with the pliers, and pull, not very hard, because you could pull the root out in a jagged manner and cut your gum really badly. Keep pulling until you think it is really lose, then one good yank should get it to come out clean.

More whisky will kill any pain and disinfect the cut.

I have used this method when doing this to friends, I would still tell you to go get it removed by a dentist, but if you are too poor to afford it, this is a good method.
 #57 
Old 2006-03-14, 07:25
suissemista suissemista is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Don't follow the advice of taking tons of ibuprofen, it's very bad for you in large doses! besides, when your ears start ringing and you bleed heavily when scraped, those should be red lights right there.
 #58 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:24
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Well, dude? How did it go?
 #59 
Old 2006-03-17, 02:39
tr1 tr1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by ytter_man:
dont forget about a "dry hole". then you'll really need to see a dentist.


its called a "dry socket." i had TWO of them when my wisdom teeth were pulled. seriously, the most painful headache ever. the rememdy for a dry socket is clove oil on some sort of paper inserts. you really should have an experienced dentist/oral surgeon do this though...

good luck.

 #60 
Old 2006-03-17, 03:40
E_bola E_bola is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

I'm thinking he drank the vodka and his blood got thin and he bled to death, seeing as how he said he'd "do it tommorow night on the 13th, Today being the 16th
 #61 
Old 2006-03-17, 03:43
DeathFromAfar DeathFromAfar is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by E_bola:
I'm thinking he drank the vodka and his blood got thin and he bled to death


*Shrugs*

Maybe he only blacked out and his friends are assholes, so they drove him to Mexico and left him on a bench, naked?

 #62 
Old 2006-03-17, 23:09
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by E_bola:
I'm thinking he drank the vodka and his blood got thin and he bled to death, seeing as how he said he'd "do it tommorow night on the 13th, Today being the 16th


It's a possibility. Is there any way to find out the status of our comrade's well being?
 #63 
Old 2006-03-18, 07:39
Tod Tod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

I love social security.
 #64 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:00
Regular
 
NSW
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal


where'd he go?
is he playing wid us?
 #65 
Old 2006-03-18, 13:25
Regular
 
within the subliminal
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Brush your fucking teeth.
 #66 
Old 2006-03-18, 14:06
Ozzy Osbourne Ozzy Osbourne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

you wont you pussy you wont
 #67 
Old 2006-03-18, 16:00
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Hello, all. All is well. I'm taking a lady's way out and going to the dentist. I still drank the vodka though.

I'll post a picture of the tooth after it's out though. It won't have any blood on it.
 #68 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:24
Tod Tod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
Hello, all. All is well. I'm taking a lady's way out and going to the dentist. I still drank the vodka though.

I'll post a picture of the tooth after it's out though. It won't have any blood on it.


Yes it will.

Good to hear that you have come to your senses, you didn't sell your kidney to pay the dentist did you?
 #69 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:34
Regular
 
Irvine, Scotland
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Dunkelheit:
Didn't Rambo once remove a bullet from his arm using his knife?

Damn that was cool, a tooth isn't a bullet ... and you didn't get shot ... but fucking hell man, it makes me cringe to think about it. Good luck.



Idea: Remove tooth with a bullet.
 #70 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:50
tr1 tr1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by negative_zero:
Hello, all. All is well. I'm taking a lady's way out and going to the dentist. I still drank the vodka though.

I'll post a picture of the tooth after it's out though. It won't have any blood on it.



i think you just saved yourself alot of pain.
 #71 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:59
300ZXZ31 300ZXZ31 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Jesus how did you even consider this...guess Im just a pussy. While were on this subject I know I guy who drained an absess in his jaw using a hyperdermic needle, just shoved it through his chin area and sucked all the shit out. This dude is seriously hardcore.
 #72 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:14
varactor_blue varactor_blue is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Here's an idea for an abcess/huge cavity near the nerve:

Apply smokeless gunpowder (like from the shell casing of an ammunition round) or Pyrodex to the inside of the cavity, then light a match, and either when the flame on the match is VERY low, or IMMEDIATELY after blowing the match out, applying the matchhead to the powder, burning away the nerve ending? Yes, it would be immensely painful during and right afterwards, but with my (admittedly crude) knowledge of neurology, it seems to me that this would end the pain for quite some time afterward.

I would think Pyrodex would work better, since the grain size is larger, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, what do you people think of that idea? Depending on the situation, it could possibly make removal of the tooth unnecessary (at least in the short term).

After all, nerves funtion similarly to insulated wires, with the nerve ending being the uninsulated tip of the wire; if pain signals try to enter the nerve at a point other than the nerve endings, they fail, and no pain is experienced (I know this because I just got a tooth pulled Tuesday, today is Saturday).

So what does everyone think? Discuss.



[This message has been edited by varactor_blue (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #73 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:31
Regular
 
Administrator
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

20$ paypal says he doesnt do it.

In order to make this bet valid, you will need to post pictures of before, and after and a picture of the tooth. All pictures must have a hand drawn saying your username as well.
 #74 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:33
Regular
 
Georgia USA
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by Hated One:
I actually have removed a number of my own teeth before, even if they weren't loose.

No long term pain to worry about.
Before you go in there with pliers, take a steel rod (or screwdriver, or whatever you can) and a hammer. Using the rod/tool as a chisel, tap the tooth loose. This will make removal much easier.

Man, I'm glad I stopped doing this.



So....How many teeth are you missing?
 #75 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:49
KrossFalquo KrossFalquo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

quote:
Originally posted by DocShay:
20$ paypal says he doesnt do it.

In order to make this bet valid, you will need to post pictures of before, and after and a picture of the tooth. All pictures must have a hand drawn saying your username as well.



Are you retarded? A few posts up he said he was going to the dentist.
 #76 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:10
Moderator
 
Assfuck Pennsylvania.
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Don't be a bunch of fucking candyasses.

Negetive Zero,you have the right idea,just get drunk and pull the fucking thing out. I'm sure teeth pulling wasnt a cause of high death rates before there were public dentists. I've done this shit a few times. I used to get a toothpick and go around the edges and loosen it up and then yank that fucker out.
 #77 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:36
deathtojack deathtojack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: @home Tooth Removal

Even though you're a prick, and a noob. I say totse should start a collection for you to get dental treatment. As if you get an infection which seeps to your brain and(hopefully) kills you, then I wont have anyone to pwn here anymore. Apart from about 30,000 other people.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics