About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 22:41
thoughtatwork thoughtatwork is offline
Regular
 
Default my nicotine addiction

I started getting very bad headaches, and realized that I'm newly addicted to cigarettes. I'm not so addicted that I can't cold turkey it (i havn't smoked in 4 days, and don't plan to soon), but I still have the headaches. I was wondering how long it usually takes for the physical side-effects of withdrawel to go away. Also, after they do go away, will I be able to have the occasional cigarette without getting readdicted again?

Thanks
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:34
SHunter SHunter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

You aren't addicted.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:37
Lacedwithdelight Lacedwithdelight is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

If you don't do it to often then psychically you wont have easier to addiction than before.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:38
ShermNSchlitz703 ShermNSchlitz703 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

Pff... You arent addicted, your just gay.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:39
FuckedintheHead FuckedintheHead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

I have been smoking for around 2 years, and if i quit i never get headaches. Just irratable as hell.

Its all in your head.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:39
erbus erbus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

Try green tea. It helps a lot.
And you're not quite addicted yet.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:44
hug_a_mime hug_a_mime is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

Your not addicted, you just have a headache. This is a dumb topic.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:23
CUBErt CUBErt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

quote:
Originally posted by FuckedintheHead:
I have been smoking for around 2 years, and if i quit i never get headaches.



 #9 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:51
Shishananee Shishananee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

LoL, I find it when people say they are addicted to cigs. Fuck, I find it outrageous when people say they can't get of meth.

You just fell into the hype.

You are a fucking pussy.

In my opinion, there's no such thing as addicts. Just people that use, and retards that couldn't get over a caffeine withdrawal.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:54
Breakthrough Breakthrough is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

A physical addiction is when you use a drug to eliminate the ill effects of when you don't use it.
A mental addiction is when you use a drug to seek out it's effects.

Myself, I never found niccotine to be very addicting (hell, caffeine was worse, but even that isn't BAD).
 #11 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:57
TweEeKeR TweEeKeR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

quote:
Originally posted by Shishananee:
LoL, I find it when people say they are addicted to cigs. Fuck, I find it outrageous when people say they can't get of meth.

You just fell into the hype.

You are a fucking pussy.

In my opinion, there's no such thing as addicts. Just people that use, and retards that couldn't get over a caffeine withdrawal.



You're an idiot.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:01
sii sii is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

quote:
Originally posted by ShermNSchlitz703:
Pff... You arent addicted, your just gay.


Quoted for truth.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:04
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: my nicotine addiction

I ENVY those who are only "addicted" to nicotine.

There were times when my gurl at the time & I were so dopesick, I had to "rent" her out for an hour(if u get my drift). I didnt want to(nor did she), but it was that, or go through the horrors of withdrawal.

She's since put a restraining order upon me(slut)!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics