About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Bad Ideas
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:51
Ackronymph Ackronymph is offline
Regular
 
Default Dick's Sporting Goods lift

Went to a Dick's sporting goods the other day to stock up on fishing supplies. I was pleasantly surprised to notice that there is only one hanging camera in the very center of the hunting/fishing room. I did not pay a penny for a nice set of splitshot weights, a 360 yd. spool of 12lb firewire, and a good deal of new lures for the season.

All this is fine and dandy, but I also noticed a rack of immaculate multi-use tools. I had my eye on a spring loaded Gerber tool. I couldn't bring myself to lift it along with the other merchandise, because you see, the stand is *almost* directly under the camera

The hitch is that the tools are on a revolving stand that I can rotate so that the camera cannot view my selection. My plan is to browse a while, select two of the tool I want, keeping them close together so it looks like I have one. I will walk around a bit, examining it, drop one of them out of sight of the camera, and return the other.

There is a sticker on all of the tools stating that they are protected by an anti-theft device. I have already examined the tools and the sticker itself is indeed not a magnetic tripper. I can't locate any other, so I think that the sticker may be a bluff. Despite the possible bluff, I am planning on razor blading the tool in a bathroom.

Does anyone have any experience lifting from a Dick's store? Is the sticker a bluff? Are there hidden cameras?

Help me spot the holes in my plan.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:30
Ackronymph Ackronymph is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods lift

I am just going to stop posting on totse altogether. This is fucking ridiculous. I get no replies after several hours, while stupid ass posts along the lines of "my country pwns your country" and "Lets count to 11!" get hundreds and hundreds.

I have come to the conclusion that if I don't have a ridiculous amount of spelling and/or grammatical errors for people to flame, nude pics, or directly attack a minority or social group, nobody will respond at all!

So, sorry for being concise and intelligent. Fuck you. Fuck You. and FUCK YOU.

maybe that will get some posts from you autistic, cock-loving, immature little shitheads.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:39
Moderator
 
Professional Bastard
Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods lift

Oh, insult us. What, you waited a few hours on a non-realtime message board and the responses weren't fast enough for his highness? Fuck you.

Maybe I won't help you.

Maybe I won't mention that the Gerber tools are source tagged. Maybe I shouldn't tell you that the boating section is usually a camera free zone.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:52
Ackronymph Ackronymph is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods lift

I appreciate the information despite the insult. I probably shouldn't generalize all totse members to be vapid adolescents.

Is there any way that a source tag can be removed using a razor blade? Would the tag be on the tool itself or would I be good with just removing the packaging.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:01
Moderator
 
Professional Bastard
Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods lift

The tag is in the packaging. What type of package is the Gerber tool you have in mind in? There are two types that I know of - The flat heat sealed pack and the plastic drum sort of thing.

Both will require a knife and a short span of time to cut the tool out of. The flat packages are easier to cut open and extricate the merchandise. I suggest a small utility knife, like one of those mini boxcutters. Sharp, cheap, disposable, and silent.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:25
Ackronymph Ackronymph is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods lift

Awesome. It is in the flat, heat sealed package. I will just bring in a razor blade and cut that puppy out. Thanks much.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics