|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Bad Ideas Fraud, vandalism, torture, theft, revenge, scams, and other bad ideas. Please do a forum search and site search before posting. Questions about explosives, drugs, weapons, and hacking do not belong in this forum. Please keep things theoretical in nature. Do not admit to crimes you have done or are planning to do. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2006-03-18, 19:13
|
Nzyme 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
I decided to buy a carton of cigarettes a few weeks ago, seeing as I had the money and I needed cigarettes. I paid with cash and kept the bag and receipt.
The box was already open when I bought it, which sparked an idea in my head. After I smoked all 200 of the cigarettes(a week later), I wondered if I could somehow reseal the carton box and return the package.
I kept all of the packs of cigs after I smoked it and put them to the side. I then put some paper towels from a community bathroom, and folded them up inside the packs to weigh them down. I then sealed up the carton box with superglue, and now I'm about to return them.
I just hope cigarettes are returnable, so I can get my $28 back. Sure, most people wouldn't go through all this effort for that little amount of money, but I am a poor college student who needs to buy more cigarettes(I hope to quit soon... hah). If for some reason I get shit for returning it, I'll say that you sold these to my brother who is under 18, and get all pissy and loud. It usually works in other situations.
I'll let everyone know how it goes, even though I don't think I'll have any troubles. I realize this isn't the most original idea, but if it works, you can probably apply it to other products and make some good money off of it. Let me know what you think.
|
|
#2
 2006-03-18, 19:33
|
angustheotherwhitemeat 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
I think the part about your brother is pretty smart. Most stores would rather give you the $30 to shut you up, rather then tarnish their reputations.
|
|
#3
 2006-03-18, 19:58
|
Andreas 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
This is actually a pretty good idea, go for some expensive cigarettes I guess.
You could keep the loose ones in a humidor too, and if your like me then you smoke from a cigarette case anyway.
That way you don't have to worry about damaging the packs.
I like this idea. Well done.
|
|
#4
 2006-03-18, 22:00
|
blue_tacos 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
the part about your bro is perfect. theyd rather give you a refund promptly then be fined thousands
|
|
#5
 2006-03-18, 23:24
|
Crippled Lucifer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
Problem is, you can only do this once per store. Otherwise, I think its a great idea.
|
|
#6
 2006-03-19, 00:50
|
Andreas 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
quote: Originally posted by Crippled Lucifer: Problem is, you can only do this once per store. Otherwise, I think its a great idea.
Whys that?
|
|
#7
 2006-03-19, 00:56
|
sweepingjaguar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Andreas: Whys that?[/QUOTE
"Hey didn`t you come in here yesterday bumbling on about and on how we sold ciggarettes to your underage brother. And then we gave you a refund..."
|
|
#8
 2006-03-19, 01:41
|
Andreas 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
quote: Originally posted by sweepingjaguar: [QUOTE]Originally posted by Andreas: [b] Whys that?[/QUOTE
"Hey didn`t you come in here yesterday bumbling on about and on how we sold ciggarettes to your underage brother. And then we gave you a refund..."[/B]
Ah...do they call managers for refunds or make them pretty well known? I figure you'd just go for different shifts.
|
|
#9
 2006-03-19, 04:17
|
fignewton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
did it work?
|
|
#10
 2006-03-19, 05:52
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
don't you always have to sign a return receipt when you return something?. you also have to put your address and bullshit.. but you could just make that shit up.
|
|
#11
 2006-03-19, 18:44
|
Nzyme 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
Well... I went there today, and needless to say, I made a few mistakes. I went twice, once last night and once today. Last night, I went and said I wanted to return them, the lady asked why, and I said I quit. She then said, "I'm sorry, we can't return it for that reason." I said ok, and left (I wasn't in the mood to get all pissy).
Today, I went again, and talked to someone else. He asked what was wrong with it, and I said I got the wrong kind. He asked what I wanted, and I named a brand that I knew they didn't have. He said, alright, but I'll have to check with my manager to approve the refund. Uh oh... The guy came out, and I saw the two employees kinda fumbling around with the box, I figured they were ADD or something. I heard the manager say, "This box feels too heavy..hmm"
That's when the shit hit the fan. He opened the box... or attempted to (my superglue baffled his strength), and he noticed all the empty cigarrette boxes, stating he couldn't return this. By that time, I knew the gig was up, so I picked up the box and threw it at the guy's face, and yelled "Fuck you bitch," in a mocking tone, and ran the hell out of the store.
Sure, that was immature, but I was angry my plot didn't work, and I'm on spring break, so I'll only be here for a week anyway. Chances are they won't remember me when I come back for the summer.
Ok, things that went wrong. 1) The box was not the proper weight. If I cared enough I should have used a scale. Also, one of the boxes was not the right height... I bought a carton of 100's and I put a normal box in there. Also, when they squeezed the box, it gave way due to the paper towels.. so the rigidity would have to be increased (sounds like too much work).
2) The cashier called the manager. You should try and keep the lower, less experienced workers to cut a deal with you. Managers are smarter, and more likely to not want to give you a refund.
3) I should have asked for a brand that they did have, and make a simple exchange. Why? Because then I have gotten rid of the shitty box, and gotten a box with real cigs in it, and I would have the receipt to return at another store.
Ok, if I were to do this again, I would make sure to do #3, as that seems to be the best way for success. Either way, I had a lot of fun trying this scam, and I got to throw a box of cigs in someone's face. I think this scam will work, but you need to be careful about where you do it, because you can probably get in some trouble for it.
|
|
#12
 2006-03-19, 19:07
|
|
Regular
|
|
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTXXXXXXX
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
quote: Originally posted by Nzyme: By that time, I knew the gig was up, so I picked up the box and threw it at the guy's face, and yelled "Fuck you bitch," in a mocking tone, and ran the hell out of the store.
For some reason I lawled @ that.
|
|
#13
 2006-03-19, 20:25
|
Andreas 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Free Cigarettes (with a little effort)
I woulda screamed "LEEEEROOOOY!!!! JJJENNKIINNSS!!!!" and beat feet outta there.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|