About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:33
Elephantitis Man Elephantitis Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Looking for a little last minute advice

Ok, I'm throwing together my video editing pc. I'll probably order it tomorrow. I thought I'd post what I've got and see if anyone has any tips on anything to add or drop. I'm trying to keep the budget as close to $2000 as possible.

Some of you may have taken a look in the 'dual monitors' thread I made, and I got good advice from both sides. I decided to stick with my original choice (dual 17s), because while I'm building it for editing, it's also going to be a 'family computer', and I think everyone will find the duals more useful.

Anyway, here it is.
What do you think?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:34
Kai Kai is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a little last minute advice

I think the dualies are retarded.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:39
Elephantitis Man Elephantitis Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a little last minute advice

quote:
Originally posted by Kai:
I think the dualies are retarded.


But why?
It seems like they'd be pretty handy.

What about 1 of these?

[This message has been edited by Elephantitis Man (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:41
dnc dnc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a little last minute advice

you wnat some 5.1 speakers if your editing video, than you are probably editing sound as well.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:46
Elephantitis Man Elephantitis Man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a little last minute advice

quote:
Originally posted by dnc:
you wnat some 5.1 speakers if your editing video, than you are probably editing sound as well.


Ah, great point. Hmm, maybe I'll drop the dualies and pick up better speakers.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:48
Kai Kai is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Looking for a little last minute advice

5.1 PC speakers are like $60 nowadays.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics