About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:26
Skankinsasquatch Skankinsasquatch is offline
Regular
 
Default Totse Open Source Project

I was toying with this idea last night and thought it might be cool to have totse members who can code (or even perhaps provide artwork, design, etc.) come together and work on a project like this. I don't know what we would work on, where we would host it, etc. but I just wanted to throw the idea out there and see what the response was. Give any input you have.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:54
Steve Steve is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Totse Open Source Project

A malicious app would be quite fitting.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:09
Skankinsasquatch Skankinsasquatch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Totse Open Source Project

Heh. Ehh I was thinking more along the lines of something helpful to people. We would have to pick something that everyone who codes could contribute something to...I know we aren't all on the same level (there are definitely people on this forum better than me). Platform would also be somewhat of an issue because not all of us use windows or linux...for this reason I was thinking we should pick either a VM language with a built in graphic toolkit (i.e. java) or a language that can be compiled on any platform (i.e. C or C++) and uses a platform independent toolkit (i.e. SDL).
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:45
Regular
 
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Default Re: Totse Open Source Project

I'm personally working on this at the moment: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi

As of recent we've added bootsplash support and have fixed some outrageous bugs that were present.

Python is platform independant.

What were you thinking of writing?
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 19:35
gremlin hunter gremlin hunter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Totse Open Source Project

A decent email client. All the email clients I have used are either way to big and slow or way to light and featureless.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:34
Skankinsasquatch Skankinsasquatch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Totse Open Source Project

quote:
Originally posted by BiOPSY:
I'm personally working on this at the moment: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi

As of recent we've added bootsplash support and have fixed some outrageous bugs that were present.

Python is platform independant.

What were you thinking of writing?



Your project looks interesting, I'll definitely look into it. I'm not really a master python programmer (or a master programmer in general for that matter) so I don't know how much help I could be, but it looks like fun.

Really anything would be fine with me. I guess my suggestion is that I've seen a bunch of evolutionary code toolkits (yes, code that evolves) and perhaps making some kind of evolving program would be fun. But this is a community thing, so if we did this I would be willing to take input from anyone.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:42
MP Nesto MP Nesto is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Totse Open Source Project

http://www.nshteam.net (design + content underconstruction)

This is run by cense, Trueborn, and myself. If this actually comes together we could host, and promote it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics