About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-16, 18:34
Moderator
 
҉
Default Sweet-ass keyboard

http://tinyurl.com/hh3jx

I really want one of those!
 #2 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:08
Dr.Ivan Dr.Ivan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

Yeah, nice...
 #3 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:27
Stan Stan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

When I looked at the keyboard I thought it was the ugliest piece of shit I've ever seen. I was about to flame the poster...

Why you ArgonPlasma? Why you?! *cries*
 #4 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:32
Regular
 
Tukwila, WA, USA
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

I'm a fan of this one, personally.
http://tinyurl.com/decd8
 #5 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:48
Geek Geek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by Toraton:
I'm a fan of this one, personally.
http://tinyurl.com/decd8



Who doesn't.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-16, 19:53
Stan Stan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by Toraton:
I'm a fan of this one, personally.
http://tinyurl.com/decd8



Yeah I remember seeing that one a bit ago. It looks amazing.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:28
Regular
 
poopsex
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

they are coming out with a three key version of the optimus later this year. kind of stinks that they don't have a release date for the actual thing.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-16, 22:57
Moderator
 
҉
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by Stan:
When I looked at the keyboard I thought it was the ugliest piece of shit I've ever seen. I was about to flame the poster...

Why you ArgonPlasma? Why you?! *cries*



Come now, that thing is awesome.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:44
Stan Stan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

It's like if you took a dreamcast controller and mixed it with an xbox controller
 #10 
Old 2006-03-16, 23:57
T3hKing T3hKing is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

not bad
 #11 
Old 2006-03-17, 01:07
Ormy Ormy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

All those buttons on the back that you can't even see, plus all the shifts (green and pink separately) that you have to use just for normal characters? It'd take AGES to actually get any typing speed up with that thing, totally not worth it.

[This message has been edited by Ormy (edited 03-17-2006).]
 #12 
Old 2006-03-17, 22:09
Bullwinkle8357 Bullwinkle8357 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

I like the general idea of the Alphagrip, but it's still got too many buttons. Like what I'd want is a Alphagrip that only covered letters+numbers, shift, comma, period and space key--and everything else would be on an on-screen "keyboard" you would pick with the trackball--because most of the other keys you don't use as much.

I used to surf with a Microsoft Dual-Strike game controller, it was pretty cool but it has no way to type. Maybe I should have looked for a on-screen keyboard program.....

The Optimus is going to cost a huge amount of money. I'd bet it will be at least $700 when it comes out, if it ever does. You could probably get a LCD touch-screen for less than you could build an Optimus-style keyboard for.
~
 #13 
Old 2006-03-18, 04:21
z3r0 c001 z3r0 c001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

No man the greatest keyboard is this one that has like LEDs under the key and they light up and show specific uselful pictures for applications. For example if you're playing a game then there would be a key that had a rocket lit up or a grenade etc etc. I seen it once of T.V.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-18, 10:23
Tod Tod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by z3r0 c001:
No man the greatest keyboard is this one that has like LEDs under the key and they light up and show specific uselful pictures for applications. For example if you're playing a game then there would be a key that had a rocket lit up or a grenade etc etc. I seen it once of T.V.

Hm, you mean the optimus? And those aren't leds, they're oled screens.

The layout of the Alpha should be similar to that of a qwerty keyboard, it looks like it, i tried locating some of the buttons and then looking where they are, relative to you basic finger stance, on a usual keyboard and it seems to match quite a bit. If it wouldn't cost that much, i would try it out.

[This message has been edited by Tod (edited 03-18-2006).]
 #15 
Old 2006-03-18, 11:00
Regular
 
Tukwila, WA, USA
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by z3r0 c001:
No man the greatest keyboard is this one that has like LEDs under the key and they light up and show specific uselful pictures for applications. For example if you're playing a game then there would be a key that had a rocket lit up or a grenade etc etc. I seen it once of T.V.


I actually posted a link to that keyboard, just a few posts up, if you're interested.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:48
anthra22 anthra22 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

i prefer the das keyboard http://tinyurl.com/9pw42
 #17 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:29
z3r0 c001 z3r0 c001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by Toraton:
I actually posted a link to that keyboard, just a few posts up, if you're interested.


Woh that is weird, I didn't even look at your post when I posted the first time.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:57
the_inner_war the_inner_war is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by Toraton:
I'm a fan of this one, personally.
http://tinyurl.com/decd8



That looks like the bloomberg keyboard.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:29
Skankinsasquatch Skankinsasquatch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sweet-ass keyboard

quote:
Originally posted by the_inner_war:
That looks like the bloomberg keyboard.


PS3 keyboard.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics