About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Technology > Technophiliacs & Technophiles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technophiliacs & Technophiles The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. How to write HTML. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-02-24, 20:55
Moderator
 
Tokyo, 日本
Default Farewell, Totse

Parting is such sweet sorrow. (I'm sick of sweets, too.)

For those of you who are unaware, on April 4th, I will begin life anew in the United States Navy as an avionics technician. The first 12 weeks will be boot camp where I will have absolutely no access to a computer to update and check on this forum. Afterward, most of my time will be spent working, training, and very little leisure time will be spent on a computer. I do have a life other than one as a geek, you know. Besides that, my job involves quite a bit of time on an aircraft carrier (for up to 6 months at a time) which may or may not afford me opportunities for internet access.

I'm just letting you all know now so it doesn't come as a surprise when the time rolls around. A new moderator to take my position has already been chosen, and I think you all will be happy with the results.

In the mean time, I will continue to do my job to the best of my ability. If I don't get a chance to say goodbye later on, let me say it now.

Goodbye.



[This message has been edited by Trueborn Vorpal (edited 02-25-2006).]
 #2 
Old 2006-02-24, 20:59
Regular
 
۩۩۩۩
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Well, we've had our good times and bad, and I know I've been more than a prick to you on more than one occasion. But in a way, I am sad to see you go, and I wish you luck and may your travels be safe ones.

Hopefully you'll be able to get online from time-to-time, as your posts are valuable and insightful.

Let us part in the best way possible, and know that I'll be rooting for you. Remember the good times.

-Selah
 #3 
Old 2006-02-24, 21:08
Regular
 
Tukwila, WA, USA
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

I still hate Visual Basic.

You might get something more heartfelt later, if time allows.
 #4 
Old 2006-02-24, 21:12
Geek Geek is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Goodbye Trueborn Vorpal, you are a great moderator. Hope you come back soon.
 #5 
Old 2006-02-24, 21:14
RedShift00 RedShift00 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

i may be joining the same soon mate. maybe i'll see you there.
 #6 
Old 2006-02-24, 21:26
VolatileShiftInPersona VolatileShiftInPersona is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Will the new moderator be a person selected or a current existing mod?
 #7 
Old 2006-02-24, 21:28
Moderator
 
Tokyo, 日本
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by VolatileShiftInPersona:
Will the new moderator be a person selected or a current existing mod?


Not saying who exactly it will be yet, but it will be a *new* moderator.
 #8 
Old 2006-02-24, 21:31
Regular
 
clashland
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by Geek:
Goodbye Trueborn Vorpal, you are a great moderator.
 #9 
Old 2006-02-24, 21:41
SheeEttin SheeEttin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Aw, go away. Nobody liked you and you were a horrible moderator. Now beat it before someone makes you leave.
*snif*
*wipes tear*
 #10 
Old 2006-02-24, 22:10
lifejunkie lifejunkie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Good luck man.

I've since grown out of this place so I don't post much any more.

Oh, send my books before you leave!
 #11 
Old 2006-02-24, 22:31
PyroHydroSmok PyroHydroSmok is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by Trueborn Vorpal:
Parting is such sweet sorrow. (I'm sick of sweets, too.)

For those of you who are unaware, on April 4th, I will begin life anew in the United States Navy as avionics technician. The first 12 weeks will be boot camp where I will have absolutely no access to a computer to update and check on this forum. Afterward, most of my time will be spent working, training, and very little leisure time will be spent on a computer. I do have a life other than one as a geek, you know. Besides that, my job involves quite a bit of time on an aircraft carrier (for up to 6 months at a time) which may or may not afford me opportunities for internet access.

I'm just letting you all know now so it doesn't come as a surprise when the time rolls around. A new moderator to take my position has already been chosen, and I think you all will be happy with the results.

In the mean time, I will continue to do my job to the best of my ability. If I don't get a chance to say goodbye later on, let me say it now.

Goodbye.




AWWWWWWWWWW T-V Don't leave meee...
 #12 
Old 2006-02-24, 22:42
hazmat hazmat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Good luck man, we will miss you. Get some pussy for me when you have shore leave

Oh yeah, SRAM still isnt replacing DRAM anytime soon
 #13 
Old 2006-02-24, 22:49
Regular
 
Austin TX USA
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Good luck, have fun, you will be missed!
 #14 
Old 2006-02-24, 23:02
Regular
 
Australia
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Later.

GL with life.
 #15 
Old 2006-02-25, 00:55
Toxyn Toxyn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

And while you're out there, PLEASE try not to shoot down too many brits?

Tox.
 #16 
Old 2006-02-25, 00:59
chrome chrome is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

 #17 
Old 2006-02-25, 01:12
Moderator
 
҉
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Well bro, nice knowing ya. Good luck to you and dont fall overboard.
 #18 
Old 2006-02-25, 01:19
Sypher_X Sypher_X is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Good luck man, sucks to see you go.
 #19 
Old 2006-02-25, 01:30
Kai Kai is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Don't drop the soap!
 #20 
Old 2006-02-25, 01:48
marusushi marusushi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by Kai:
Don't drop the soap!


I second that one.
 #21 
Old 2006-02-25, 02:37
que-puedo que-puedo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

I'm pretty new here, so I don't know you very well/much at all. But I do got a good bit of respect for someone going off to serve. You have my best wishes, I hope everything works out for you.
You got the power...
 #22 
Old 2006-02-25, 02:49
kieran1394 kieran1394 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by lifejunkie:
Good luck man.

I've since grown out of this place so I don't post much any more.

Oh, send my books before you leave!



Oh my god. You are now only a mod ? What happened ?
 #23 
Old 2006-02-25, 03:10
Regular
 
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Take it easy for now Trueborn.
Here is my email address: jasperhartline@adelphia.net

Most all service branches allow you some electronic communications time with friends and family, even if you are on an aircraft carrier.

 #24 
Old 2006-02-25, 05:37
Regular
 
Canberra Australia
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

I'll miss seeing your informative and witty posts. All the best in the future.
 #25 
Old 2006-02-25, 05:43
Kwinniebogan Kwinniebogan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

You make KwinnieBogan cry like an englishperson.
 #26 
Old 2006-02-25, 07:13
matty4522 matty4522 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Avionics huh? Sounds awesome.
 #27 
Old 2006-02-25, 08:32
Steve Steve is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

& Totse loses another good mod.
 #28 
Old 2006-02-25, 08:37
NikkiNekro NikkiNekro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

 #29 
Old 2006-02-25, 14:28
Regular
 
In ya mam.
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

I will never be a mod.

[ -This message has been edited by Trueborn Vorpal (edited 02-25-2006).- ]

Ever.

[This message has been edited by lifejunkie (edited 02-25-2006).]
 #30 
Old 2006-02-25, 18:07
MP Nesto MP Nesto is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Party in Guam nigga!!! heh

Its been fun man, I'm sure we're going to end up crossing paths sooner or later.

And make sure you tell your TI in basic that you only enlisted in the Navy because the Air Force wouldn't take you.
 #31 
Old 2006-02-25, 20:27
cense cense is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Enjoy.
 #32 
Old 2006-02-25, 20:30
Lundmark Lundmark is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Damnit this board is losing so many smart people.
 #33 
Old 2006-02-25, 20:44
Moderator
 
dodging the rain and tractors
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

gonna miss you dude, drop me an email sometime y'hear?

And if you ever dock in England then the 'Sinthe's are on me.
 #34 
Old 2006-02-26, 02:11
Regular
 
poopsex
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Im sorry to hear about this and also happy that you are progressing in life.

keep it real man.
good luck.
 #35 
Old 2006-02-26, 13:22
Regular
 
Canberra Australia
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by grayboy:
I will never be a mod.

[ -This message has been edited by Trueborn Vorpal (edited 02-25-2006).- ]

Ever.




Haha I liked that.
 #36 
Old 2006-02-26, 14:09
chrome chrome is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by grayboy:
I will never be a mod.

[ -This message has been edited by Trueborn Vorpal (edited 02-25-2006).- ]

Ever.




Your post has been H4x3d -ed.

 #37 
Old 2006-02-28, 20:57
VolatileShiftInPersona VolatileShiftInPersona is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum18/HTML/003033.html

Here's something I composed. I hope you will find it before you leave.
 #38 
Old 2006-02-28, 21:42
Regular
 
My mommas uterus.
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Help yourself to a cold one.
 #39 
Old 2006-02-28, 22:09
Fletcher Fletcher is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

You'll still post sometmes, though, right? *sniff*

Good luck, and bye.
 #40 
Old 2006-02-28, 22:53
Captain Kaboom Captain Kaboom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

Hey, maybe we'll see each other in a few years. Cool. Good luck to you.
 #41 
Old 2006-03-01, 05:52
Halvy101 Halvy101 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Farewell, Totse

quote:
Originally posted by Trueborn Vorpal:
Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Goodbye.





Good luck True, may God be with you..and thanks for all of your wonderful work here.. you will be missed by many. :)


[This message has been edited by Halvy101 (edited 03-02-2006).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics