About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:15
Original Original is offline
Regular
 
Default Metal

What do all you hardcore metal fans like the most about metal? Do you ever listen to anything else besides metal? I think almost any kind of metal except NU-Metal is good, but i'm not all about it. Im more into relaxing music like Ween and stuff.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:24
Regular
 
Winston-Salem/Greensboro, NC
Default Re: Metal

ok...
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:32
Regular
 
Behind you. With a lead pipe.
Default Re: Metal

What do I like about Metal? Aprt form the diversity throughout the genre, I like the technical skills needed, the topic matter it covers (See: Acidbath etc) and the fact you have to go out and find it. I adore the way it can be uplifting, raw, agressive, depressing and a whole host of other emotional variables. I like the way that the sub-culture(the real one) promotes maturity, a bonding of fellow fans, and intelligence.

I usually listen to metal, but I love Blues, Classical, Grunge, a few random bands like Counting Crows, some classic and hard rock.

Ahh yes, may metal forever stay out of the mainstream. I don't want to share it with masses.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 23:51
THEatomicpunk THEatomicpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Metal

I'd have to say I don't like metal. However, 80's rock, which is sometimes known as 80's metal is pretty good/cheesy.

Poison, Whitesnake, Def Leppard (sp?), Bon Jovi, tailend of Van Halen/Start of Van Hagar.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:27
TiTanTHPS TiTanTHPS is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Metal

the thing i like most about metal is just the sound of the riffs. very agressive, moody, and low pitched stuff.

though i perfer singing over screaming, growling, shouting, etc. i like the way they go along with the music to express anger and rage. music in general expresses certain moods or emotions, and metal is the type of music to express anger and other such emotions. so growling and screaming is just the thing to go with that.

when it comes to metal drumming, i love blast beats and double bass. i think they sound fucking awsome by themselves, let alone with the rest of the instruments to acompany it.

as much as i love metal, i listen to a huge broad range of other music as well. classical, jazz, blues, rock, old school rap, gagaki, the list goes on. if you ask most big metalheads who pay at least some attention to theory, they usually have a broad range in music as well. so most metal heads are not very closed minded or anything.

[This message has been edited by TiTanTHPS (edited 03-20-2006).]
 #6 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:04
ifeelalright191 ifeelalright191 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Metal

Black metal.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics