About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > ... and Rock and Roll
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

... and Rock and Roll All things music and music related. Listening, Buying, Selling, Making, or Breaking. Recording, mixing, sequencing, and amplifying. What tech to use and how to use it to make music.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:52
StonedPirate StonedPirate is offline
Regular
 
Default Favorite Drummer?

Tim "Herb" Alexander.
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:54
sewer_zombie sewer_zombie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

I think Neil Peart from Rush is good, and Mike Portnoy from DreamTheater

Btw, where did the Metallica thread go??
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 05:55
Exploration of Space Exploration of Space is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

Yeah, Tim is good... I especially like the song elleven. Brain is really good too, as well as Pinchface. Also Dave Lombardo.
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:00
StonedPirate StonedPirate is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

quote:
Originally posted by sewer_zombie:
I think Neil Peart from Rush is good, and Mike Portnoy from DreamTheater

Btw, where did the Metallica thread go??



I have no idea where it went.... I didnt delete it or anything
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:18
Regular
 
Winston-Salem/Greensboro, NC
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

Terry Bozzio
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 06:40
mallory knox mallory knox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

Moon the Loon
John Bonham

I have to throw in Bill Kreutzman and Mickey Hart.

Patrick Hallahan from My Morning Jacket comes to mind.

Danny Carey from Tool is pretty fucking rockin' too.

Pat Mastellotto from King Crimson.
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:47
angryanalrobot angryanalrobot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

There is already a fucking thread exactly like this.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:59
KornHater87 KornHater87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

Chris Adler
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:06
The_Rabbi The_Rabbi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

I've always liked Jimmy Chamberlin
 #10 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:08
TumblingDice TumblingDice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

Keith Moon
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:10
Chaos Deathcult Chaos Deathcult is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

I know they both suck in the grand scheme of things, but I find Nick Barker in Dimmu Borgir and Trym Torson in Emperor/Zyklon funnest to listen to.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:20
Fat Penis Fat Penis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

i don't really have one.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:36
Radical_Extreme Radical_Extreme is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

Chris Adler of Lamb of God
 #14 
Old 2006-03-19, 08:46
butch butch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

nick menza

mike portnoy

neil peart

john bonham

in no order. i have lots of favs.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:58
Moderator
 
Fairfax, Virginia, America
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

From a drummer's perspective, I have to go with Bruford here. He's done some extremely technical stuff but he doesn't ever really do ti in a show-off kind of way that Portnoy and Peart fall into. He always plays in context of the song because of his jazz background and current profession. He's just very innovative and can fit in a group instead of sticking out.
 #16 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:11
Dangerousmind Dangerousmind is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

dave lombardo and that dude from slipknot, joey jordenson?, is pretty good too.
 #17 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:01
Regular
 
lol cumstream
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

quote:
Originally posted by Radical_Extreme:
Chris Adler of Lamb of God


Any relation to Gun N Roses original drummer Steven Adler?

I would say Deep Purples drummer Ian Paice. Or possibly Alx Van Halen. Opening 30 seconds of Hot For Teacher fucking rules.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-19, 21:11
Zig Zag Zig Zag is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

hmm...travis barker..
 #19 
Old 2006-03-19, 21:28
Exploration of Space Exploration of Space is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

quote:
Originally posted by Chaos Deathcult:
I know they both suck in the grand scheme of things, but I find Nick Barker in Dimmu Borgir and Trym Torson in Emperor/Zyklon funnest to listen to.


Nah man, Nick is the shit.
 #20 
Old 2006-03-19, 21:39
Moderator
 
San Francisco, CA
Default Re: Favorite Drummer?

Steve Smith
Vinnie Colaiuta
Mike Portnoy
Terry Bozzio
Virgil Donati
Buddy Rich
Jojo Mayer
Thomas Lang
Dennis Chambers
Steve Gadd
Neil Peart
Bill Bruford
Tim Alexander
Bill Cobham
Carter Beauford
Tony Williams
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics