|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2006-03-19, 02:53
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Professional Bastard
|
|
Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
As promised, I've finally gotten around to putting up my quick and dirty article on how to modify common solenoid valves for pneumatic dump operation.
The article is http:/ /home.comc ast.net/%7 Eldrendall /zero/boom /penumatic _dump_sole noid_valves.html
(If the forum doesn't break the link. Otherwise, piece it back together.)
[This message has been edited by Fate (edited 03-19-2006).]
|
|
#2
 2006-03-19, 04:02
|
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
Sweet!
A few things:
a) you forgot to change the page title...it still says 'paraffin smokers'!
b)where do you get/how much is a blowgun? I'm assuming they are by the airtools section in hardware stores, but are they expensive?
|
|
#3
 2006-03-19, 04:03
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
goto a pawn shop you can buy them for 11 bucks CND tops
|
|
#4
 2006-03-19, 05:34
|
|
Regular
|
|
out in them there sticks
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
The only thing I really don't like is that the trigger has to be right where the valve is. I would prefer a length of hose so you can relocate the trigger to where you want it.
But perhaps with some fittings and some hose this can be done?
|
|
#5
 2006-03-19, 06:59
|
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
yeah just get some air tubing with brass NTP 1/4" ends
|
|
#6
 2006-03-19, 07:52
|
|
Regular
|
|
out in them there sticks
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
That's what I thought but I wanted to check with someone who really knows what they are talking about.
|
|
#7
 2006-03-19, 08:20
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
This is not a solenoid valve, but rather a quick dump diaphragm valve. I actually made a diaphragm cannon once, but I have since been unable to fix it when I broke it. It can be made much simpler, only requiring a single moving part. The original schematic is long gone, but here is a diagram of how they work: 
|
|
#8
 2006-03-19, 13:07
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
Any brits know where I can buy some solenoids from? I can only get ball and gate valves at the moment.
And Ive got a video tut on making a solenoid valve open pneumatically, I'll post it when I get home.
|
|
#9
 2006-03-19, 13:35
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
hmmmm tut looks good but it looks were that triger is mounted if it happens ro fall on the trigger and it would break the plastic and you would be fucked i use a lentgh of 1/4 rubber air hose and i dont know about you guys but i tried one of those cheap triggers "husky" brand and it was shit it never sealed right but then i found this old one i had layinng around diffrent valve type and it works perfect just beware before you buy them blow in the inlet port and if air goes threw its shit cause its not like you are hooking it up to instant 120psi so on your cannon you might need to put your finger over the end for a bit but mine was so shitty god i just broke and got a better one so invest in a good one
|
|
#10
 2006-03-19, 14:41
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Professional Bastard
|
|
Re: Solenoid Sprinkler Valves
Aye, I'm pretty sure I mentioned the air hose part. I did that with the DF 3066 to link two valves to one blowgun and put the trigger somewhere semi-convenient.
Sorry about the page title. I, uh... Obviously Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V'ed the file for the parafin smokers because I can generally not be arsed to rewrite all my format HTML from scratch.
I'll go fix it now.
The blowguns are available wherever tools are sold, I'm sure. They're made to go on the end of a chunk of air line and get hooked up to a compressor to provide a handy way to blow a stream of high pressure air on something, say to clean out parts or (in my case) sweep out your workshop when you're feeling lazy.
They'll be with the compressors or air tools, probably right next to the hose barb fittings and air line you'll want if you want to extend your valve. They cost about ten bucks for a good one, a little less for a cheapo one.
They also work pretty good with water, if you put an intermediate tank between your compressor and blowgun filled with a couple gallons of H2O.
[This message has been edited by Fate (edited 03-19-2006).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|