|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Backyard Ballistics This forum is dedicated to the safe teaching and responsible handling of high and low explosives. You will not find any information on how to make "bombs" or any such device(s) . Backyard ballistics will teach you the science and the art of pyrotechnics and how to manufacture and use explosives/pyrotechnics safely and responsibly. Backyard ballistics is also a haven for rocketry and pneumatic cannons. All information contained within this forum is for educational purposes ONLY. Totse does not accept responsiblity for any incident involving the use of the information contained within this forum. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2006-03-03, 03:31
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Pyro technics are fun and I like them. Its pyro related random and its a thread have fun.
|
|
#2
 2006-03-04, 06:17
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ok so were back and you must admit the idea worked not only did we gain a few more users we increased traffic and got some good topics going so despite controversy you got to admit it is all good now
for the older memebers didn't it bring you back the days before prrt and the expermential oprrt everythign just fell into place there was good thread posting lots of fun shitty threads to manage/make fun of.. it was a jolly good time
anyways i hope you guys enjoy youur prrt back :P
enjoy
-warweed
ps i think we she work out some kind of system so prrt is closed for a day 2 every now an again to incoarage new traffic flow
|
|
#3
 2006-03-04, 06:46
|
AreteVeteran 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i agree it was nice but prrt is good too
~Arete
|
|
#4
 2006-03-04, 07:16
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Swany, I'll try and get in touch with you sometime this weekend. Sorry I haven't been on much. Busy stuff :-(.
|
|
#5
 2006-03-04, 14:21
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
ahh yes nice to be back
P.S. its attack of the n00bs
|
|
#6
 2006-03-04, 14:57
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne:
P.S. its attack of the n00bs
Yes a Tusanoobie has hit BB. And now I agree that closing PRRT did bring some life back in to BB but it's good to be back. In other news i've made all my CuSO4 I just need to go get some sodium chlorate then I can start to crack on with the synth.
|
|
#7
 2006-03-04, 15:33
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
It's back! This is good and bad heh. But I'm pretty happy now it's back! Edit: warweed: "ps i think we she work out some kind of system so prrt is closed for a day 2 every now an again to incoarage new traffic flow" (I dont feel like quoting it the right way now.) Yes, very good idea. A must. Edit2: Just because it's back doesn't mean we can't post out of it if we have something interesting to share  [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-04-2006).]
|
|
#8
 2006-03-04, 15:49
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
can you guys delete the threads you close because it makes me mad when i click on the hot topics on they are closed plus it will keep the noobness down
|
|
#9
 2006-03-04, 16:01
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: can you guys delete the threads you close because it makes me mad when i click on the hot topics on they are closed plus it will keep the noobness down
They shouldnt come up in "Hot Topics" unless you're surfing around the KFB textfile archive, which isnt something you should do anyway. Otherwise all Hot Topic threads are from SG (except in certain cases where NOTT threads show). [This message has been edited by TheAlmightyVineMan (edited 03-04-2006).]
|
|
#10
 2006-03-04, 16:35
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
 Just finished letting off (almost) all of my devices, kind of had a pyro day today. Shame I couldnt set off my bottle salute though.
|
|
#11
 2006-03-04, 16:55
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
what do you guys recomend buying KNO3 as stump remover i saw grants for $6 a pound and $2 a pound for green light is there any diff except price?
|
|
#12
 2006-03-04, 17:00
|
starknife 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I refuse to use prrt. So please spare me the spitting at the wall and do not say "PRRT!!" in my posts.
-thanks
|
|
#13
 2006-03-04, 17:14
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Why? That's why it's here. You're cool in my book, so I won't respond with what I otherwise would ("What makes you better than everyone else, so that you don't have to use PRRT?"), but I'm curious. I'll be around more to answer PRRT questions, and I'm sure the rest of the team didn't slack off while I was busy. EDIT : IM BETTER THEN YOU BECAUSE IM SEXY AND HAVE A BIG HAMMER AND AM A MOD  AND I DON'T LIKE PRRT SO THERE  smiley whore [This message has been edited by warweed12 (edited 03-04-2006).]
|
|
#14
 2006-03-04, 17:18
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
No sir. I really want to det some of the stuff I have but I can't due to my location right now and temporary pyro ban.
|
|
#15
 2006-03-04, 17:19
|
starknife 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: what do you guys recomend buying KNO3 as stump remover i saw grants for $6 a pound and $2 a pound for green light is there any diff except price?
Greenlight has the most KNO3 content.
|
|
#16
 2006-03-04, 17:20
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
ozzy i talked to you about that already on MSN.. and im sure you could order it if you want it that bad..
|
|
#17
 2006-03-04, 17:46
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
How I loathe you, ww. (Kidding).
|
|
#18
 2006-03-04, 20:17
|
Pyrology 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Welcome back indeed.
|
|
#19
 2006-03-04, 20:24
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: ozzy i talked to you about that already on MSN.. and im sure you could order it if you want it that bad..
you didnt say jack shit all you said was i order it off the intraweb EDIT: hahah i got a dozen mason jars for free i picked up a pack at the store and put it on the bottom rack of the cart and she forgot to ring them up  [This message has been edited by Ozzy Osbourne (edited 03-04-2006).]
|
|
#20
 2006-03-04, 20:59
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Is it normal when dissolving sodium nitrite in HCl that the solution first turn yellow? I assume this is because the HCl is decomposing into H2 and Cl2.
I heated the solution to speed up the dissolving process, but it's still yellow after a few minutes. When is it supposed to turn into nitrous acid?
|
|
#21
 2006-03-04, 21:39
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Potassium nitrate in HCl turns green, then yellow. It doesn't decompose, it forms KCl and HNO3.
|
|
#22
 2006-03-04, 21:52
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
So, you think I have NaNO3?
|
|
#23
 2006-03-04, 22:06
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Potassium nitrate in HCl turns green, then yellow. It doesn't decompose, it forms KCl and HNO3.
Doesn't a lot of it not turn into HNO3 though? So you have a big mess of KNO3, HCL, HNO3, and KCL?
|
|
#24
 2006-03-04, 22:11
|
PowerToTheMonkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ugh it takes too long to read through all of one of the PRRTs...
|
|
#25
 2006-03-04, 22:17
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
It fully reacts, depending on which reagent is limmiting. If the nitrate is limiting, you will have HCl, HNO3, and XCl. This mix of HCl and HNO3 is also known as aqua regia, if you ever need to dissolve gold.
Doady, I thought you said nitrate, not nitrite. I suspect you have HNO2, HCl, and NaCl. If it didn't bubble, it didn't make H2 or Cl2 gas.
|
|
#26
 2006-03-04, 22:25
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I was bored and decided to make a little "cannon". I had about 2g AP/2g ANAL and put it in a film canister in that greenish tube. then from the other end, slid some ANFO in there and put that little advil container in. It blew the one whole side out almost and scarred my yard, while shooting the advil container out pretty damn fast making a hole in the top and "scarring" where it hit... lol.. Pic: http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qpqmth
Edit: I got a vid too.. Real small det but as I've said before, I'm grounded and banned from pyro anyway.
[This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-04-2006).]
|
|
#27
 2006-03-04, 22:30
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Double Post.. Two differnt things though. I got some stuff from the BATF today.. All kinds of info and application forms for permits and lisences etc.. Pretty interesting.. I'll take some pics of the forms and stuff later, wow looks like a pain in the ass.. Everything from things about you, to finger prints.. Questionnaire... Wee. I'll either give this to my dad or save it until I'm 21 
|
|
#28
 2006-03-05, 00:02
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar:
Doady, I thought you said nitrate, not nitrite. I suspect you have HNO2, HCl, and NaCl. If it didn't bubble, it didn't make H2 or Cl2 gas.
It didn't turn blue, though 
|
|
#29
 2006-03-05, 00:40
|
Pyrology 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Nitrous acid is pwnage. If somebody had that color eyes, i would sex them.
|
|
#30
 2006-03-05, 01:10
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
This is a little out of place as it's not BB but this is the only place that would know, so is it safe to inhale caffeine?
Caffeine sublimes so would it be just as safe to inhale it as it is to drink/eat it?
|
|
#31
 2006-03-05, 01:13
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
You can smoke it, so I'd say its not too dangerous.
|
|
#32
 2006-03-05, 02:09
|
PowerToTheMonkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
One question about PRRT:
I know it reduces clutter in BB but don't you guys often get the same questions over and over? there is almost 30 PRRTs and it would take a very long time to look through them all. But a search would find any threads that are about a specific question in BB alot faster. So isn't PRRT inefficent?
[This message has been edited by PowerToTheMonkey (edited 03-05-2006).]
|
|
#33
 2006-03-05, 02:16
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Pyrology: Nitrous acid is pwnage. If somebody had that color eyes, i would sex them.
*Tosses hair back and bats eyes while giggling*
|
|
#34
 2006-03-05, 02:20
|
PowerToTheMonkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: *Tosses hair back and bats eyes while giggling*
Pics? :P
|
|
#35
 2006-03-05, 02:40
|
ungodly 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: *Tosses hair back and bats eyes while giggling*
::fap fap faps:: haha and I was just about to say what powertothemonkey said, PRRT's tend to have many repeat questions in them, as well as being extremely long and hard to get through, especially if you miss reading them for a few days(cough, computer grounded hehe). It isn't that it's a bad system, but I think we need to either a: have a predetermined limit on length, or, b:make different ones. I believe there was a rocket related random thread, and having an HE related thread would greatly helpful. but then again, making it more specific defeats the purpose of the "random thread" and puts more crap on the board. ah well. anyone else have ideas for PRRT's in the future?
|
|
#36
 2006-03-05, 03:04
|
PowerToTheMonkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I say just put random things in here, but also post your questions in the forum if you think someone else might ask it.
|
|
#37
 2006-03-05, 03:08
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: You can smoke it, so I'd say its not too dangerous.
so would it be the same effect that a vapoo has with weed? You get the same stuff just less toxins? And, smoking it can't be good for you...
|
|
#38
 2006-03-05, 03:37
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: you didnt say jack shit all you said was i order it off the intraweb EDIT: hahah i got a dozen mason jars for free i picked up a pack at the store and put it on the bottom rack of the cart and she forgot to ring them up 
You sir, are a mastermind 
|
|
#39
 2006-03-05, 03:46
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
You know thet rattle when you shake a can of spray paint? I figured out what it is, and all it took was a little dynamite.  I had a nearly empty can of spray paint lying around, and I though it would be a good test for me to finally use my dynamite. I taped it to the can, along with another stick of dynamite. The primary on the second stick failed, and I needed to dispose of it. Lowered into my blast pit, it went off with a suspiciously quiet boom. I suspect the primary burst the can, but did not fully detonate the NG. Checking the pit, the two sticks were obliterated, and the can split in half nicely. My alligator clips now have splashes of gloss black on them. In the pit, I found the secret to the rattle. 1.6cm in diameter, with a weight of 5.1 grams. All sources claim the rattle is a metal ball bearing, but it's actually a marble. Oh, and I have a picture, but I hate it. I'll try to take another one once I get my eyebrows waxed.
|
|
#40
 2006-03-05, 03:52
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
If all you noobs just read ALL the PRRTs, you wouldn't have so many questions to have to ask now would you? Sure reading information almost exclusivly related to your topic is faster, but it is much more likely that you will miss something as it has enivitably been said before, and perhaps no one wants to say it again.
If every noob simply read ALL the PRRTs (are they still archived after the recent "crash"?) we wouldn't have all these crap threads that we have.
They bring noobs up to speed, pose questions, answer questions, explain chemistry/pyro/explosive concepts, and much much more.
Sure its a long read, but you can never have too much information considering your life could potentially depend on it in these hobbies.
Personally i love to read long threads, its a sign that they are stuffed full 'o info! On the other major pyro/chem forums i leave the short threads to check last when i am searching for info on something. BTW, the "my favorite primary explosive" thread on roguesci is a HUGE load of info/ideas/concepts/inspiration on so many different and interesting explosives (7pgs), if you havn't read it, i would strongly suggest doing so. (as long as you have a pretty good understanding of chemistry, otherwise you will be completly lost in technical talk)
Sure, for the most part the PRRT turns in to a big thread to tell everybody what has been going on with you, as in devices, current projects, and ideas, but id rather have it than tons of little threads over them separatly.
|
|
#41
 2006-03-05, 04:02
|
Pyrology 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Oh, and I have a picture, but I hate it
lol. I thought you meant you despised the picture of the marble. But yeah, you actually read my posts! and nitrous acid blue is pwnage.
|
|
#42
 2006-03-05, 04:18
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/wolfhound/ct1.jpg
Hawt. Actually it looks cooler with light shining through it. Lighter blue.
|
|
#43
 2006-03-05, 05:14
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i bought a 2,000 mL beaker today for 12 bucks. its real nice.
|
|
#44
 2006-03-05, 06:14
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by K9: [URL=http: //img.phot obucket.co m/albums/v 78/wolfhou nd/ct1.jpg ]http://im g.photobuc ket.com/albums/v78/wolfhound/ct1.jpg[/URL]
Hawt. Actually it looks cooler with light shining through it. Lighter blue.
When you made your nitrous acid, how long did it take to dissolve the sodium/potassium nitrite in the HCl?
|
|
#45
 2006-03-05, 06:42
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Well, no vacuume gauge, mannitol, brass fittings, or other stuff... But... I started making my sweet ass black denim foundry/carpentry/pyro KILT! Yes, a KILT! I have like 15 safty pins in it now (It actually looks like a full fledged kilt as is) and will have it completed probably by next weekend. I have to make a ton of custom modifications though including a hammer loop, drill loop, specialty CD player/radio/ipod pocket, 2 cargo pockets (probably around 2 beer each capacity wise), possibly a pocket for a lighter, pen loops, measuring tape clip on thing, and some more stuff if i can think of it... so... help me out! Spatula, what would you specifically like to see in a kilt?  No, Seriously though.
|
|
#46
 2006-03-05, 06:45
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I think I would seriously laugh my balls off if Tzar ended up being male.
asilentbob: Pockets. Lots and lots of pockets.
[This message has been edited by TheAlmightyVineMan (edited 03-05-2006).]
|
|
#47
 2006-03-05, 06:49
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Silentbob why do you want to wear a skirt? Affraid of fully coming out of the closet or something? lol jk matey 
|
|
#48
 2006-03-05, 06:52
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
It dissolved easily and turned colour quite quickly.
And no beaker compares to this beast - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/wolfhound/beaker.jpg
|
|
#49
 2006-03-05, 07:02
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: I think I would seriously laugh my balls off if Tzar ended up being male.

|
|
#50
 2006-03-05, 08:06
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: I think I would seriously laugh my balls off if Tzar ended up being male.
It's not quite that simple, but I assure you, everyone will have a good laugh. Bob, how long are you going to make the kilt? Personally I would make it ankle length so it can double as a protective apron. What colour denim? Assuming classic blue, go for dark yellow thread with heavy visible stitches. It needs some sort of decorative hem, maybe a sinusoidal stitch pattern looping around. If you want a bit more flair, cut out patches of the same material in interesting shapes (maybe a cartoonish cannonball bomb, or a stick of dynamite), and sew them on by the border. Details like a lit fuse can be filled in with radial stitches, or embroidery. If you want the skirt to fly outwards when you twirl, add a few lead weights to the hem. Lots of pockets may seem like a good idea, but it also means more places to collect dirt and lint. Stick with loops. Many items will suffice with a single loop, but things like beer bottles will need three: two horizontal and one vertical to prevent it falling down. It will end up looking like a cargo net. The exception is fragile items like music players. They should have a flap of denim covering and protecting them.
|
|
#51
 2006-03-05, 08:13
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: If you want the skirt to fly outwards when you twirl, add a few lead weights to the hem.
Wtf, you'd better be a chick 
|
|
#52
 2006-03-05, 08:23
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: It's not quite that simple, but I assure you, everyone will have a good laugh.
you gay by chance or truly female ? because i know alot of trannys that call them self shes when really they got a sack hanging low and that bugs me not much but it does mainly cause i jokingly hit on some one that i think is a she he says he is a she and she has a sack ... so i dunno care to elaborate in private or on msn at my user name at hotmail dot com
|
|
#53
 2006-03-05, 08:37
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Frankly, you annoy me warweed. I find your superior macho attitude pretentious, especially when you pay no heed to grammar or spelling. It makes me less willing to share with you.
Only Stupid Noob knows my secret, and he respects me too much to tell anyone. I do miss him...
|
|
#54
 2006-03-05, 08:39
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
If its a "secret" then I say tranny too..
|
|
#55
 2006-03-05, 08:56
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
meh i respect your honesty not many people would stand up and say that  if you wish it a secret then a secret it shall be cheers -James Ps i know i have a problem with grammer but then again it is one of my traights
|
|
#56
 2006-03-05, 08:58
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
but if your willing to speak via msn im willing to listen as to better improve myself as a moderator
|
|
#57
 2006-03-05, 12:40
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Hey, a lot of people honestly tought that *I* was female for quite some time. Last time I'll ever post that ninja-chick-pic of mine  [This message has been edited by Mokothar (edited 03-05-2006).]
|
|
#58
 2006-03-05, 15:28
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Only Stupid Noob knows my secret, and he respects me too much to tell anyone. I do miss him...
Where'd he go, I havent seen him lately.
|
|
#59
 2006-03-05, 17:03
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: I think I would seriously laugh my balls off if Tzar ended up being male.
asilentbob: Pockets. Lots and lots of pockets.
Indeed, well, my target audience is hot chicks, gay guy... hot chick... either would sorta be able to make a kilt hot in the eyes of another chick... hopefully. Rest assured, there will be plenty o' pockets. quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: It's not quite that simple, but I assure you, everyone will have a good laugh.
o_O Well... ill still have resprect for you since you are good at chemistry/pyro/Li extraction ideas! quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Bob, how long are you going to make the kilt? 24-25" (not perfect seamstress) Personally I would make it ankle length so it can double as a protective apron. Yep, kinda where the foundry and carpentry come into play. What colour denim? Black. Assuming classic blue, go for dark yellow thread with heavy visible stitches. It needs some sort of decorative hem, maybe a sinusoidal stitch pattern looping around. white yellow, orange and red would go together on black pretty well, id go with a basic flame design, but they are by far way to over used IMO. Perhaps some classic pyro quotes. (He who hath smelt the smoke... etc)
If you want a bit more flair, cut out patches of the same material in interesting shapes (maybe a cartoonish cannonball bomb, or a stick of dynamite), and sew them on by the border. Details like a lit fuse can be filled in with radial stitches, or embroidery. Hmm... perhaps... perhaps... perhaps...
If you want the skirt to fly outwards when you twirl, add a few lead weights to the hem. I'm not one to twirl, besides that, i don't think it would work with the kilt well. Lots of pockets may seem like a good idea, but it also means more places to collect dirt and lint. Stick with loops. Ill have both. Many items will suffice with a single loop, but things like beer bottles will need three: two horizontal and one vertical to prevent it falling down. It will end up looking like a cargo net. Nice idea! The exception is fragile items like music players. They should have a flap of denim covering and protecting them.
Hell, ill just upload 2 pics of it so far in a second. I actually have to get most of it sewed up before i continue as i have ran out of safty pins. Edit: Fixed code to be readable. [This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-05-2006).]
|
|
#60
 2006-03-05, 17:30
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: Where'd he go, I havent seen him lately.
He moved back to his hometown, waiting for his old siren of a girlfriend to get out of jail. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was quite persistent. I think he can get internet access at a library, so I'll try emailing him.
|
|
#61
 2006-03-05, 17:37
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ah that sucks.
|
|
#62
 2006-03-05, 17:43
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Aspirator: aspirator
Kilt: Frount Back
It comes down to about 4-5" below my knee cap, long enough to not flash anyone if i put my foot up on a chair in a "captain morgan" pose. If anyone is interested, i originally got the idea to buy/make a kilt from: Utilikilt.com About a year ago.
|
|
#63
 2006-03-05, 18:01
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar:
Only Stupid Noob knows my secret,
For certain. There are those of us with suspicions. And yes, SN should get back here!
|
|
#64
 2006-03-05, 18:45
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: He moved back to his hometown, waiting for his old siren of a girlfriend to get out of jail. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was quite persistent. I think he can get internet access at a library, so I'll try emailing him.
You serious? Talking to him on msn he once said he was thinking of moving back with her but i thought nothing of it...So no more Joe?  Edit: New totse name, old one was PowerToTheMonkey...I got bored with it... [This message has been edited by ExplodingTeeth (edited 03-05-2006).]
|
|
#65
 2006-03-05, 19:34
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
He said his old girlfriend got arrested for drug charges (apparently she dealt in morphine), and he is going to be there for her when she gets out (years). So he moved back home and got a McJob. I kept telling him he could find better work, and there was no point in waiting in the same city, but he wouldn't listen. Despite everything she's done to him, he's fallen in love with her once again.
I'm sure he'll be back, but I have no idea when. He said he has internet access at the library.
|
|
#66
 2006-03-05, 20:12
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: He said his old girlfriend got arrested for drug charges (apparently she dealt in morphine), and he is going to be there for her when she gets out (years). So he moved back home and got a McJob. I kept telling him he could find better work, and there was no point in waiting in the same city, but he wouldn't listen. Despite everything she's done to him, he's fallen in love with her once again.
I'm sure he'll be back, but I have no idea when. He said he has internet access at the library.
Damnit...I enjoyed talking to joe...He also got me to burn most of my nose hairs : \ Wasn't that the girlfriend who doesn't approve of his explosive hobby? Also I added you on msn Tzar...Same goes with other totseans...
|
|
#67
 2006-03-05, 20:24
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Well, she disapproved of several hobbies.
|
|
#68
 2006-03-05, 20:38
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yeah but I can think of another "hobby" of his that wasn't as good.
Edit: Also Tzar do you have a pic yet? :P
[This message has been edited by ExplodingTeeth (edited 03-05-2006).]
|
|
#69
 2006-03-05, 22:12
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Are we talking ex-girlfriend:
Mother of his daughter? The girl he ended up with after that? Someone he met after he was roomies with some guy?
|
|
#70
 2006-03-05, 22:23
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
From what I heard, that is pathetic. Sorry.
|
|
#71
 2006-03-05, 22:35
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I almost fell off my chair when I saw he was online. 
|
|
#72
 2006-03-05, 22:43
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: Are we talking ex-girlfriend:
Mother of his daughter? The girl he ended up with after that? Someone he met after he was roomies with some guy?
It's Allison, the girl he was with for about three years. She's a bit of a pyro too. He sent me a picture of the two of them breathing fire. Ha! He just IM'd me while writing this! But he left before he could say much.
|
|
#73
 2006-03-05, 22:54
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Hey hey fuckers. Back again.
Took me a few seeks but I got my old mcjob back, they want me to be a manager in about 2 months. The girl (allison0 is in jail for quite a while, and I don't know if I want her or not. It's nice being alone. My pyro will start as soon as I get some cash flow.
And don't worry Tzar, your secret is safe with me. As for the other chick, well, its hard to be fucking a girl when her fiance is in another room. Living a lie like that can be stressful. Not to mention me and her started to fall out. I still like her, and plan on having her come see me if she will.
As for my "down time" nothing but lots of sex and drugs. Oh, and I'm a singer in a heavy metal band now too. e dont have a name, but oh well.
While i was gone, lots and lots of work, around 60 hours a week, then after that just music sex and drugs. I have had no comp to post with, so im using a neighbors. And forgive my spelling and grammar, not much time.
I think theres more, and i will add when i have a chance.
|
|
#74
 2006-03-05, 23:28
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I got this one very small cap thing and drilled it to size of this copper pipe, and what do you know... I finished the burner injector! I have to figure out how im going to stabilize it first, but once i do i can test it and hopefully make a very nice torch flame.
HW...
|
|
#75
 2006-03-05, 23:42
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Stupid noob i love you!! I forgot what I was about to say... Oh yes, ventrilo or w/e is fun and you guys should get it and contact me for the server info until that pyro line is up. Anyway.. James your crazy and I love you  damn canadians.
|
|
#76
 2006-03-05, 23:57
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I think im in love with Tzar, i might start stalking her..well only if she really is a girl.
|
|
#77
 2006-03-05, 23:57
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Good to see you, SN. Haven't been on too much, nor able to check my mail. I need to get in touch with both you and Swany. Been under a lot of pressure lately.
|
|
#78
 2006-03-06, 03:51
|
therealgod 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
So, as to not spam the shit out of BB, I figured i'd post this on PRRT. i was out launching my spud gun today (pneumatic, 4"x12" chamber, 2"x4' barrel) and i was getting distances of about 130 yds at 100 PSI. is there any way that i can get more distance and such? What are distances that you guys get from this type of setup? thanks.
|
|
#79
 2006-03-06, 04:49
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
you barrel to chamber ratio is off try increasing the chamber if 4 inch to 48 inches your barrel to 1.5 to 92 inches as well what kind of valve you using ?
|
|
#80
 2006-03-06, 05:17
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by stupid noob:
As for the other chick, well, its hard to be fucking a girl when her fiance is in another room. Living a lie like that can be stressful.
If that's true, you make me sick. How can you do that knowing she's in a relationship? I know, I'm no better then you, we're all bad, blah, blah, blah, but seriously, that is really bad. SN, I love you and all, but, man, that's messed up. [This message has been edited by Dream of the iris (edited 03-06-2006).]
|
|
#81
 2006-03-06, 05:17
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by ExplodingTeeth: I think im in love with Tzar…
Aren't we all? Anyway, has anyone else sat and watched a vial(probably not the right word, but 6 flights in 4 days killed my brain), of MEKP? I'm seeing tons of little bubbles forming on the blob of MEKP. Kinda interesting, but I think I should use it soon. Roguesci seems to have disappeared... Eerie.
|
|
#82
 2006-03-06, 06:39
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ahem: quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: I'm a transsexua l.
http s://www.to tse.com/bb s/Forum3/H TML/229118 -3.html
Don't curse me, curse my erily accurate memory.
|
|
#83
 2006-03-06, 08:06
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Sentinel: Ahem:
https://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum3/HTML/229118-3.html
Don't curse me, curse my erily accurate memory.
And your inability to link.... *Jumps out window*
|
|
#84
 2006-03-06, 09:08
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Just browsing through some old stuff and found this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/30-06/reasembled.jpg
Wonder how many of you'se remember me taking to my RC plane with 10g flash salutes.
|
|
#85
 2006-03-06, 09:15
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: I'm a transsexual.
hey one of my best friends is a tranny very smart and gifted gal ... nuce red dress she sewed to :P frankly some of the best friends i have ever had are considered "socially" unacceptiable hell i have 3 friends actually that are tranny there all some of the nicest 'gals' i have ever met so tzar if or if not you are in fact a tranny hell your still one of the better pyros we have on here so regardless of me being a asshole im still glad to have you here  -James -Cheers
|
|
#86
 2006-03-06, 09:18
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
pwnt quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Made you look.
|
|
#87
 2006-03-06, 13:15
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Whatever he is, who gives a shit? It shouldent change anything that we do or talk about here.
|
|
#88
 2006-03-06, 13:17
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
spatula is myth
|
|
#89
 2006-03-06, 14:17
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by smokeymcpot420: Whatever he is, who gives a shit? It shouldent change anything that we do or talk about here.
I give a shit. It's just something for us o joke and laugh about. There's allways been little rumors and mysteries such as Viney being black and the test tube of ******* that I have. People keep asking me what it is but it's fun to keep a secrect and have a joke and a laugh at times.
|
|
#90
 2006-03-06, 14:47
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
LoL. Black viney. Ozzy is gay, we all know that. Spatula is cool and smart. starknife is a noob who likes ventrilo and shooting AP with his airsoft gun. warweed is a drunk canadian. 30-06 is a mom loving aussie who won't tell me his age. K9 is a nice man. Moko hasn't been around too much lately, but is in love with his quote page and gets mad at me when i dont say who said the quotes  . asilentbob is [INSERT WORD HERE], or cool heh. DOTI is an HNO3 addict. spunky likes to blow up monkeys. Declan is fascinated by AP. blinky is a nice, cool, not around anymore really guy. hell fire is nice. nuclear is a mean potato sometimes. Spoony likes movies. smokey forgot how to spell and boiles glycerin in his kitchen. freak was great. Aprentice = Totally COOL. lacrima reminds me of my brother. totaljackass sounds like one of my teachers a lot of the time. Arete likes seperatory funnels. Ressotami is a smart guy. RedSky was the biggest noob. Toxicwboy never blew his car up. stupid noob is finally kind of back. Pyrology is the man who started the vent chatrooms lol. Random_Loony is sexy and likes big guns. Swany- When I hear that I think of the little guy getting hit with the toilet- Don't You? EtC.. I'm so bored.. I can't really synth my HDN or ETN today as expected because of the snowy weather. ungodly is a baby and likes to drink yellow HCl.  [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-09-2006).]
|
|
#91
 2006-03-06, 16:10
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Not around often  Sometimes I even post from the uni, during free hours. As for Spatula, she lives in a place far, far away, where down is up, and wasps are unwilling jet-engines.
|
|
#92
 2006-03-06, 16:30
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: and wasps are unwilling jet-engines.
hehe I remeber those. 
|
|
#93
 2006-03-06, 16:37
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
lol.
I just finished taking 10 Lbs of NaNO3 and turned it into a fucking super fine powder with my new coffee grinder. I stole it from my friend.. Unopened.. Cost him 70 bucks ahah, its 1337. I finished conc. H2O2, now I finally have more (100mL of 30% lol). Now I'm going to go out and see if Baquacil is available and get some more NH4NO3 cold packs..
Then I will powder 1 LB of Erythritol I have, make some super shitty HDN real quick, and see if I have time for ETN (not feeling like it)
Laters!
|
|
#94
 2006-03-06, 18:21
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Just a little teaser for you, boys.
Sorry about the bad quality, but the DMV isn't exactly renowned for their photography.
|
|
#95
 2006-03-06, 18:31
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I like your hair.  Just a little teaser for you, boys and girls: http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qsur91 LoL Sorry, like I said I'm real bored.. That's about half of what I have right now, being detted soon. Edit: Yes, I know screw on lid is a no no but I'm careful don't worry.. [This message has been edited by warweed12 (edited 03-06-2006).]
|
|
#96
 2006-03-06, 21:44
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Does anyone here have the IM handbook (also, could someone tell me what "IM" stands for) and the Poor Man's RPG?
I have the Kitchen Improvised Fertlizer Explosives if anyone wants it.
[This message has been edited by Dream of the iris (edited 03-06-2006).]
|
|
#97
 2006-03-06, 22:02
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
ill gladly take a copy 
|
|
#98
 2006-03-06, 22:33
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I think it is the "Improvised Munitions" handbook, i probably have it in some form or another, ill check.
Edit: Nope, sorry, closest i have is improvised primary explosives. I think i have all the KIFEs though...
Edit2: I had a random idea today on how to solve the whole fight for the holy land thing. Basicly it involves china's army locking down the whole area (middle-east) and then going water-drip torture on everyone's ass to get confessions and shit, then it is evacuated completly and deemed a no-mans land.
[This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-06-2006).]
|
|
#99
 2006-03-06, 22:53
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by hell fire: I give a shit.
It's just something for us o joke and laugh about. There's allways been little rumors and mysteries such as Viney being black
My race is nothing to joke about dick 
|
|
#100
 2006-03-06, 22:59
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yeah! Don't be a racist fuck! 
|
|
#101
 2006-03-06, 23:00
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Bob, I think I found it. Thanks anyway, man.
|
|
#102
 2006-03-06, 23:13
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Sorry vineman I was only repeating what I read before I did'nt mean to offend you. Im not racist in any way.
|
|
#103
 2006-03-07, 00:14
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Damn, I need money. And no, I aint gana sell charges, ozzy. I think I might sell myself for money. Off to the street corner in my assless chapps....
|
|
#104
 2006-03-07, 00:31
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by hell fire: Sorry vineman I was only repeating what I read before I did'nt mean to offend you. Im not racist in any way.
im not racsist either. I saw hell fire type that and though he was joking.
|
|
#105
 2006-03-07, 00:40
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Just a little teaser for you, boys.
Sorry about the bad quality, but the DMV isn't exactly renowned for their photography.
haha. Ya should have edited out the background! I know where you live... 
|
|
#106
 2006-03-07, 00:51
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Sentinel: haha. Ya should have edited out the background! I know where you live... 
Really? So do I. Maybe I should post the whole pic some time...
|
|
#107
 2006-03-07, 01:32
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'll do it for you when your ready.
|
|
#108
 2006-03-07, 01:36
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: Not around often 
Sometimes I even post from the uni, during free hours.
As for Spatula, she lives in a place far, far away, where down is up, and wasps are unwilling jet-engines.
That was a cool artical...
|
|
#109
 2006-03-07, 02:13
|
Pyrology 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
All of this is definetly Pyro Related Random thread. and BTW kw, you fuck face, how did i not make your list? i *suggested* the idea of ventrilo.
|
|
#110
 2006-03-07, 02:36
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
5:3:2 KNO3/S/Al Wow that was bright white, I'm practically blind now.
Anybody have experience with golden powder? I'm pretty sure I cooked mine at too high a temperature, 'cause it's quite dark and doesn't burn as I would have expected. More like smoke mix, but it leaves a lot of black ash/slag.
|
|
#111
 2006-03-07, 02:43
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'm not on any lists and it doesn't bother me.
|
|
#112
 2006-03-07, 02:45
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
lol babies. ill add you now 
|
|
#113
 2006-03-07, 03:32
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
What is this list, and how many times am I on it? Because if it's less than thirty...
|
|
#114
 2006-03-07, 03:52
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: LoL. Black viney. Ozzy is gay, we all know that. Spatula is cool and smart. starknife is a noob who likes ventrilo and shooting AP with his airsoft gun. warweed is a drunk canadian. 30-06 is a mom loving aussie who won't tell me his age. K9 is a nice man. Moko hasn't been around too much lately, but is in love with his quote page and gets mad at me when i dont say who said the quotes . asilentbob is [INSERT WORD HERE], or cool heh. DOTI is an HNO3 addict. spunky likes to blow up monkeys. Declan is fascinated by AP. blinky is a nice, cool, not around anymore really guy. hell fire is nice. nuclear is a mean potato sometimes. Spoony likes movies. smokey forgot how to spell and boiles glycerin in his kitchen. freak was great. Aprentice = Totally COOL. lacrima reminds me of my brother. totaljackass sounds like one of my teachers a lot of the time. Arete likes seperatory funnels. Ressotami is a smart guy. RedSky was the biggest noob. Toxicwboy never blew his car up. stupid noob is finally kind of back. Pyrology is the man who started the vent chatrooms lol. Random_Loony is sexy and likes big guns. EtC.. I'm so bored.. I can't really synth my HDN or ETN today as expected because of the snowy weather.
Is this "The list" You guys are complain about? It was on page 2. Damn, 113 posts allrety!
|
|
#115
 2006-03-07, 04:37
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Could someone point me in the direction of some good grinding media that I could find locally?
Cheap and possibly lead?
I hate ordering via internet =\
|
|
#116
 2006-03-07, 06:25
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Dammnit. I didnt make the list.
Hey mister Random Looney, we need to talk sometime. Been a while.
Anything profound happening here? I see PRRT is back.
|
|
#117
 2006-03-07, 08:52
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Swany: Anything profound happening here?
Well, people were discussing the rumors that I might be a lesbian/guy/transsexual, but they seemed to have gone off on pyrotechnics. Let's get back on topic, people.
|
|
#118
 2006-03-07, 11:07
|
CCCP 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'm trying to make HCl from HNO3 and NaCl.Do you guys think it will work.
P:S:My Chem teacher sucks dick
|
|
#119
 2006-03-07, 12:10
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
HNO3 + NaCL -> HCL + NaNO3
( Nitric acid + Sodium Chloride -> Hydrochloric acid + Sodium Nitrate
Then i'd save the NaNO3 and possible make more HNO3 by adding the NaNO3 to some H2SO4
NaNO3 + H2SO4 -> HNO3 + NaSO4
It would be cheaper to just buy HCL and save you'r HNO3.
|
|
#120
 2006-03-07, 12:25
|
DREX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by hell fire: HNO3 + NaC[b]l -> HClNaNO3
( Nitric acid + Sodium Chloride -> Hydrochloric acid + Sodium Nitrate
Then i'd save the NaNO3 and possible make more HNO3 by adding the NaNO3 to some H2SO4
NaNO3 + H2SO4 -> HNO3 + NaSO4
It would be cheaper to just buy HCl and save you'r HNO3. [/B]
I assume you mean NaNO3 + H2SO4 ==> HNO3 + NaHSO4
|
|
#121
 2006-03-07, 12:34
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by DREX: I assume you mean NaNO3 + H2SO4 ==> HNO3 + NaHSO4
oops yeah  thanx DREX
|
|
#122
 2006-03-07, 12:58
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by CCCP: I'm trying to make HCl from HNO3 and NaCl.Do you guys think it will work.
P:S:My Chem teacher sucks dick
You can get HCl at Home Depot for about $2 a gallon.
|
|
#123
 2006-03-07, 12:59
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Just a little teaser for you, boys.
Sorry about the bad quality, but the DMV isn't exactly renowned for their photography.
i think ive seen that pic before [This message has been edited by Ozzy Osbourne (edited 03-07-2006).]
|
|
#124
 2006-03-07, 13:42
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
lol sorry Swany, you're on now.. Who else did I miss?
PS. I never got to make my HDN or ETN because it started to snow the day I was supposed to!! omg wtf hax
Edit: Get HCl at the hardware store etc. under the name Muriatic Acid... Used for etching concrete, changing pH's in pools, cleaning porcelin and metal...
As hell fire said, save your HNO3 for something better.. That would be a waste.
[This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-07-2006).]
|
|
#125
 2006-03-07, 14:39
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Toxicwboy: Could someone point me in the direction of some good grinding media
Cheap and possibly lead?
For a ball mill?. Fishing tackle shops sell big led balls that are fine for ball mills. 
|
|
#126
 2006-03-07, 15:52
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i never found any at fishing shop i just got 50 cal lead shot for muzzle loaders
EDIT IM STARTING A BID AT 1 DOLLAR TO SEE A PIC OF TZAR
[This message has been edited by Ozzy Osbourne (edited 03-07-2006).]
|
|
#127
 2006-03-07, 16:02
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Whered you get your pic from? I have one directly from her but I will not give it out unless I get her permission. Maybe not give it out at all, she can do it if she wants to, so fuckoff Ozzy Noobo.. and I texted you and you didnt reply pussy  ___ LoL.. James: "omg hax".."you rockzorz my sockzorz" Edit: Jesse.. (30-06).. LoL Opera.. You mom loving aussie!! I'm not a cunt eye aha. And james made us do it we were on ventrilo and we had a deal and the drunk canadian fucked us over. ..BACK TO THE FUCKING PYRO RELATED STUFF: I'm going to try and distill some HNO3 on Friday and then make 50g of HDN and try and convert it to RDX, while "distilling" (using my nice hotplate) H2O2 to 30%, while measuring out some stuff for ETN. - James. KClO3+H2SO4... Flash+H2SO4.. Not too much of luck. I know my KClO3 is legit, idk about the KClO4 and Al blah.. Any way to test for legitness? I'll make a quick new topic for it. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-07-2006).]
|
|
#128
 2006-03-07, 16:11
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'd like to publically apologise for posting personal information about one of the regulars here.  I'm very sorry, and hope you can forgive me. Please no replies or questions about this on board, I will not reply or answer to anyone not involved in this.
|
|
#129
 2006-03-07, 17:54
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by CCCP: I'm trying to make HCl from HNO3 and NaCl.Do you guys think it will work.
Nope. The two wont react. But you can use acetic acid. NaCl + HCH3COO -> HCl + NaCH3COO Ozzy, you don't have permission to post my image, and the mods would destroy you if you did. The profit rights are mine. Bidding starts at 10g of KClO3.
|
|
#130
 2006-03-07, 18:39
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Ozzy, you don't have permission to post my image, and the mods would destroy you if you did. The profit rights are mine. Bidding starts at 10g of KClO3.
20 g I can get reagent grade OTC 
|
|
#131
 2006-03-07, 20:01
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
^^Going once...
|
|
#132
 2006-03-07, 20:24
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
lol. I have the pic too!! And cmon Spat.. 10g of KClO3? Ill send you 10g for free if you want  I think I have like 30-50g left and use it for nothing really. Ozzy I can get 100% pure KClO3.. Blah. Less than 20 for 1 Lb. Make that 10g for a nude pic. HAHA  [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-07-2006).]
|
|
#133
 2006-03-07, 21:55
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Kwstag, your boiling to concentrate your H2O2, not distilling, distilling is condensing the vapors. I wore my kilt half the day today, it was pretty comfortable, everyone said it wasn't a kilt till it was tartan or plaid though  ... One suggested adding koozies as specialty beer pockets, neat idea, they might bring a few tomorrow... But anyways... Besides this i am almost finished on a massive painting i started and i am contemplating selling it for $200-500. Only problem is the whole thing was distorted when the frame bent under the massive stress. Whatever... i got connections...
|
|
#134
 2006-03-07, 22:06
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Bob, you know you need to show us a pic of your painting.
|
|
#135
 2006-03-07, 22:07
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Swany: Hey mister Random Looney, we need to talk sometime. Been a while.
Anything profound happening here? I see PRRT is back.
Hey, man. Yeah, I should have some space Fri. to get in touch. Not too much pyro related, unfortunately. Been really busy :-(, especially with family issues.
|
|
#136
 2006-03-07, 22:27
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: You can get HCl at Home Depot for about $2 a gallon.
Concentration?
|
|
#137
 2006-03-07, 22:29
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
31.45% IIRC...
I'd show it, but i don't want to fidgit with uploading pics...
|
|
#138
 2006-03-07, 22:52
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: I'd like to publically apologise for posting personal information about one of the regulars here.
I'm very sorry, and hope you can forgive me.
Please no replies or questions about this on board, I will not reply or answer to anyone not involved in this.
No hard feelings.
|
|
#139
 2006-03-07, 23:06
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
bob your correct. I've been getting really confused lately  I MUST FOCUS!
|
|
#140
 2006-03-07, 23:11
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Instead of spamming up the PRRT, I made a new thread for discussing me. See you there.
|
|
#141
 2006-03-07, 23:26
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i never said i would post a pic
|
|
#142
 2006-03-07, 23:27
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
If you guys need to talk about or give out personal info, dont do it here. This place is constantly "watched" and I dont think they wouldent like having some very personal info on you. However, if you need to post your location dont get any more specific then general location in your country. Example, Midwest USA.
|
|
#143
 2006-03-07, 23:33
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yes, because they couldn't figure that out from your IP address 
|
|
#144
 2006-03-07, 23:43
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Dream of the iris: Yes, because they couldn't figure that out from your IP address 
Ever heard of TOR?
|
|
#145
 2006-03-08, 00:01
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
No.
|
|
#146
 2006-03-08, 00:03
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Ever heard of TOR?
Hehe i've got TOR. It's running but I dont know if it's working lol how can you tell if it's doing what it's suposed to do ?. Im crap with computers. Any help is aprechiated. 
|
|
#147
 2006-03-08, 00:08
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
TOR is aight, but I just use a simple proxy, that goes threw another, that goes threw another. I feel unsafe still...
"Tor can't solve all anonymity problems. It focuses only on protecting the transport of data. You need to use protocol-specific support software if you don't want the sites you visit to see your identifying information."- http://tor.eff.org/overview.html.en
[This message has been edited by smokeymcpot420 (edited 03-08-2006).]
|
|
#148
 2006-03-08, 00:31
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
This link will only work if TOR is installed properly.
|
|
#149
 2006-03-08, 00:49
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
screw proxies. They are slow and sucky. https is good enough for me. I'm sure the BATF has bigger fish to fry than a kid playing with flashpowder in his garage.
|
|
#150
 2006-03-08, 01:07
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Nice going K9, now everyone will spam PRRT talking about me. And why the hell would you ask a question and then lock the thread?
You just lost ten spatual points.
|
|
#151
 2006-03-08, 01:09
|
totaljackass 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I haven't been able to get online for a few days. I missed this place. Haven't done much pyro though, and it sucks.
|
|
#152
 2006-03-08, 01:11
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
My job here is to keep the forum clean and that's what I'm doing. Regardless of any points system.
On that note, I would not like to see any more posting that is so unrelated to our forum in this thread.
|
|
#153
 2006-03-08, 01:12
|
Mr.Ron 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Does anyone know of any flamable binders/ adhesives that are enviromentally safe?
Theyd be used to bind many small paper/ wood chip like particles into blocks. Its for a certain project i might attempt. Any help much apreciated
|
|
#154
 2006-03-08, 01:13
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
So, now that Tzars thread is closed, what do you all think of her picture?
|
|
#155
 2006-03-08, 01:14
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by ExplodingTeeth: So, now that Tzars thread is closed, what do you all think of her picture?
If you really feel the need, make a thread in half baked. This thread is for pyro related matters.
|
|
#156
 2006-03-08, 01:15
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
You're so mean Mr. Doggy mod. It's as if you don't even care about me.
Nitrocellulose will work.
|
|
#157
 2006-03-08, 01:15
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Holy fuck that was fast..
|
|
#158
 2006-03-08, 01:19
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ok let me clear this up here. I did not intend any offense by the lock. I'm just trying to keep the forum clean. That thread did not really need to go here.
I have nothing against you or anyone else. I'll unlock it for now and see what anyone else has to say. But I think I'll just end up relocking or moving it.
|
|
#159
 2006-03-08, 01:21
|
Mr.Ron 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Too fast of a burn rate. I need something with a burn rate perferibly consitant to wood. And the cheaper the better....If anyone has any ideas please shoot em out there. Thanks
|
|
#160
 2006-03-08, 01:21
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
spatula do you have any pic of you spatula collection?
|
|
#161
 2006-03-08, 01:28
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Nitrocellulose mixed with camphor. It can be conviniently found in the form of ping pong balls. Add a bit of wood pulp for an even slower rate.
|
|
#162
 2006-03-08, 02:09
|
deathDiver 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
well i started work on my new lab/blast chamber. most of it will be underground, so i have to dig a lot. my blast chamber is going to be made after i am done with the lab part.
as for the the info...she knows something about something. is it the vineman,moko, warweed lesbian orgy? or do you want to show us how to make a sex toy for men?
|
|
#163
 2006-03-08, 02:12
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Would anyone be interested in a synthesis writeup with pictures for sodium polysulfide for use in DDNP preparation?
|
|
#164
 2006-03-08, 02:17
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
If it's easier then making picric, yes. Make a write up for that R-salt 
|
|
#165
 2006-03-08, 02:24
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
http://www.geocities.com/houseofk9/ctmtna.htm
I did this a while ago actually. Not much different than what I posted here I think.
The sodium polysulfide isn't too hard at all, but it's just used in going from sodium picramate to picramic acid. It's just that sodium sulfide might be a bit tricky to purchase though I know for sure you can get it from chemical suppliers.
[This message has been edited by K9 (edited 03-08-2006).]
|
|
#166
 2006-03-08, 03:42
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Weekend swiftly approaches. I am aware of one monsterous test left, then freedom, sweet freedom all spring break. My father suggested that i work on pyrotechnics, and i surly will for some part, though i am out of potassium nitrate. So i only have like mabey 2lbs. of BP to distribute toward shells and possibly rockets... not much... Atleast i will finally be able to make some nice stars. I may have to try benzolift. So many things to try...
I just had a throught of coating flake Al with NC for rocket additive for some reason.
|
|
#167
 2006-03-08, 04:26
|
ADP9 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Hey doesnt moko live in Belge?
|
|
#168
 2006-03-08, 09:42
|
CCCP 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: You can get HCl at Home Depot for about $2 a gallon.
Yeah , but i would like to keep a ''low profile'' 
|
|
#169
 2006-03-08, 09:59
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
^^Don't wear shoes and hunch a little when you go in there.
|
|
#170
 2006-03-08, 10:43
|
maximusg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Oh Snap!
|
|
#171
 2006-03-08, 12:32
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Acetone + H2O2 = Exotherm. Nothing drastic like boiling, just very warm.
|
|
#172
 2006-03-08, 13:31
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by CCCP: Yeah , but i would like to keep a ''low profile'' 
Yeah because it has no other use except for explosives  I just told the casheer lady that I had to clean up the driveway, she accepted it without a second thought.
|
|
#173
 2006-03-08, 13:33
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by nuclearrabbit: Acetone + H2O2 = Exotherm. Nothing drastic like boiling, just very warm.
True but it doesn't exactly get too warm.
|
|
#174
 2006-03-08, 14:45
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Just buy the acid. You can even get someone else to do it for you, if you dont want to.
K9: Check alternate photo suppliers for a whole plethora of awsome chems, sodium sulfide included, at very reasonable prices.
If you want the direct supplier, shoot me an email. They are the type of company that would ship to Canada, I belive.
|
|
#175
 2006-03-08, 15:59
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Who said this was being monitored? Are we talking about the Aussie Gov. or US?? Because in the future I will be posting all kinds of pictures and videos from me etc.. Little treats for the class  Such as big stupid dets... New stuff.. Lab pics to drool over, hehe 
|
|
#176
 2006-03-08, 16:12
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: Who said this was being monitored? Are we talking about the Aussie Gov. or US?? 
This site and many other sites related to pyrotechnics and drug chem are watched by the authorities from possibly all arround the world.
|
|
#177
 2006-03-08, 16:17
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by ADP9: Hey doesnt moko live in Belge?
Yes, and ...?
|
|
#178
 2006-03-08, 16:54
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
wtf you guys have problems buying hcl ? heh i buy it buy the case
BTW do yu guys do if you can buy acetone by 5 gallon buckets at home depot or lowes?
this roxors my soxors im sittin here surfibg teh intraweb on a lap top in english
|
|
#179
 2006-03-08, 19:25
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Just in case some of you missed it. www.rctparadox.net/dreamoftheiris New vid under "Dust explosion". 
|
|
#180
 2006-03-08, 20:36
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Great.. and on Page 2 I have a pic of 52.0 grams of AP...  Fuck the po-lice. haha
|
|
#181
 2006-03-08, 20:50
|
CCCP 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: Yeah because it has no other use except for explosives 
I just told the casheer lady that I had to clean up the driveway, she accepted it without a second thought.
Thats a good idea.I have a bottle of ''Muriatic acid'',but its very shitty because its not a HCl/water solution,but a HCl/bioingredients and i tried to concentrate it without any success  . Ozzy:I think you can buy acetone ,but 5 gallons would be suspicious. Spatula:I've done the synth and I think ure right.No signs of a reaction,no gas no nothing. P:S:25g KClO3 100% for a nude pic [This message has been edited by CCCP (edited 03-08-2006).]
|
|
#182
 2006-03-08, 21:34
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by 30-06: ^^Don't wear shoes and hunch a little when you go in there.
Hilarious. Two thumbs up.
|
|
#183
 2006-03-08, 22:27
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I have a gallon or so of HCl and it hasn't exactly found many uses besides a bit of Copper chloride, AP, HDN, attempted metal powdering, and dissolving some pennies.
BTW, since your parents are ok with your chemistry hobby, why not do your shopping with them? I see no need to go "covert" trying to get chems when you can just tag along when getting grocerys... dumbasses...
Edit: Yes, that was pretty good 30-06, if i get it that is... and im 80% sure i do.
Edit2: Working in the ATF laboratory would be a pretty sweet job, just analyzing misc samples of substances all day...
Edit3: Whoa! You can take an ATF - Chemistry of Pyrotechnics and Explosives course taught by Dr. John Conklin (A guy who wrote one of those famous pyrotechnics books if im not mistaken) Unfourtunatly, you have to be a Bomb technican whose mission is the disposal of energetic materials.
[This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-08-2006).]
|
|
#184
 2006-03-08, 22:27
|
starknife 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: Yeah because it has no other use except for explosives 
I just told the casheer lady that I had to clean up the driveway, she accepted it without a second thought.
^^ she asked??
|
|
#185
 2006-03-08, 22:46
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
5 GAL of Acetone suspicous? Not at all... It's absolutely not.
|
|
#186
 2006-03-08, 22:58
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: 5 GAL of Acetone suspicous? Not at all... It's absolutely not.
It's all down to the seller to decide if it's suspicious. One day maybe fine then you might do it again and have unwanted people at you door asking you questions about you'r purchase of tone. 5gal of Acetone is alot I would'nt keep that much solvent in the house. 1. You do'nt need that much tone. 2. If there's an acident you'r whole house/lab will go up in flames bringing attention to you'r hobby. Shit would turn from bad to worse in a matter of seconds. 3. Large quantities of tone might actually be watched by the LEO because of what certain people use tone to acomplish. Just think be for you do. This is just basically my opinion on the matter but as everyone will agree safety first. I do'nt want to see anything bad happen to another pyro.
|
|
#187
 2006-03-08, 23:01
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by starknife: ^^ she asked??
Yes, but then again you dont see many 14 year olds (oldschool, yo) buying 2 gallons of HCl. She just asked something like "Whats this stuff for?". Just tell them you spilled oil on the driveway if its an issue.
|
|
#188
 2006-03-08, 23:10
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
True hell fire.. But still it's Acetone. I'm 15 now.. but had no ride at the time.. So I walked to the hardware store by my house and bought 2 Gallons of Acetone, 2L of H2SO4, 1 GAL HCl, and a container of NaOH (Lye..) all at the same time while I was 14 and the guy was like laughing and said what do you need all this for young man, and I told him I was doing a project on drain cleaners and different effects of different types of pipes and he was like "cool. good luck!".
But my dad usually buys me all my shit so I'm good.. But back to the Q.. It's acetone.. Used for hundreds of different things.. Nails.. Paint.. Cleaning etc.. Not too suspicious unless you live in Australia etc.. Where AP is used for terrorism.. USA doesnt have too too much knowledge on AP. Just the ATF and FBI etc..
|
|
#189
 2006-03-08, 23:15
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by CCCP: Ozzy:I think you can buy acetone ,but 5 gallons would be suspicious.
P:S:25g KClO3 100% for a nude pic
Buy a few cans of paint while you're at it to remove suspicion. A mere 25g for nude pictures? I can make $1000 for that, why should I settle for anything less? Oh, and Mokothar, you owe me 20 grams. I'll take the 10g from kwstag too.
|
|
#190
 2006-03-09, 00:43
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
is the hcl you guys buy tinted yellow or is it clear?
|
|
#191
 2006-03-09, 01:23
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Clear. omg hax look ozzy i have a pic of you! http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=r05e1t
ahahaaahha!!
|
|
#192
 2006-03-09, 01:24
|
ungodly 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Have some that's clear, but it turned a pretty yellow-green when I hollowed out some pennies. copper oxide, I believe... correct me if im wrong. But the good stuff should be clear. and Im not on the list. damn you kwstag!  EDIT: Just realized I'm a total fuckhead, its zinc chloride, not copper oxide. lol, selfpwned [This message has been edited by ungodly (edited 03-09-2006).]
|
|
#193
 2006-03-09, 01:32
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Wrong. Zinc chloride. Although the yellow tint could be from impurities on the copper. You can't get oxides in a chlorine solution.
But yes, HCl should be clear.
|
|
#194
 2006-03-09, 01:32
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Omg hax. Look, your there now!  im watching some hot ass chick vacuum ozzys house now lmfao. and fuck using a proxy at my house to go on Totse, i dont give a shit whos watching this..
|
|
#195
 2006-03-09, 02:04
|
ungodly 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Wrong. Zinc chloride. Although the yellow tint could be from impurities on the copper. You can't get oxides in a chlorine solution.
oh yeh, forgot, the coppper doesn't disolve in the acid. heh, I haven't been doing chemistry for a while and I'm just feeling like a fuckhead tonight. oh well. ::goes off to edit::
|
|
#196
 2006-03-09, 02:20
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I walked out of wallmart with 3 bottles of Acetone, 7 bottles of 3%H2O2(all they had), and a bottle of acid. The person at the counter was like WTF!?!? Then I was like, "O, ya" and put a lighter on the counter..... HAHAHA.... God, I need $$.......... 
|
|
#197
 2006-03-09, 02:26
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by ungodly: oh yeh, forgot, the coppper doesn't disolve in the acid.
Copper does react with HCl, just not as much as zinc. A bit of H2O2 or electricity speeds it up.
|
|
#198
 2006-03-09, 03:25
|
ADP9 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
(Moko) Oh I guess that was random ha. I just needed to ask you a question. Can I email you? I dont know what yours is but mine is adp9201 at gmail dot com.
|
|
#199
 2006-03-09, 04:04
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
|
|
#200
 2006-03-09, 04:30
|
maximusg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Not as bad as Brainiac.... man that show was bad.
|
|
#201
 2006-03-09, 04:36
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
This is why Myth Busters rocks.
|
|
#202
 2006-03-09, 05:29
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Spatula, I checked, and tried it, and you rediscovered the Copper oxychloride synthesis, when you electrolyse Cu in HCl. Let it sit for a day or weeks, and you will have copper oxychloride, which is a rather expensive and practical chem for blues...
|
|
#203
 2006-03-09, 06:42
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Can you point me to more info on copper oxychloride? Google is not being friendly. And yes, it does burn blue. This could finally be the ameteur solution to blue stars.
|
|
#204
 2006-03-09, 07:33
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Can you point me to more info on copper oxychloride? Google is not being friendly. And yes, it does burn blue. This could finally be the ameteur solution to blue stars.
Be nicer to google then caused I found heaps on it a while ago. I tryd for months to get a blue comp to work with copper oxichloride, best I got was a white strobe comp that I stumbled on. ..All the blues I got to burn as dry powders were too hard to ignite as a star and never really burnt propperly. If you get one to work let us know cause its a bitch to get a blue star out of it. Had a few tests that made a really cool purple flame with a blue tinge in the center though.
|
|
#205
 2006-03-09, 11:36
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
whoever asked: you an all reach me at: Mokothar@gmail.com
Screw webbots, totse's got a somewhat decent robots.txt
Spatula: I owe you 20 grams how? as in, what for? I'll send you some for free if you can find a way to cover expenses of shipping.
[This message has been edited by Mokothar (edited 03-09-2006).]
|
|
#206
 2006-03-09, 13:14
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by nuclearrabbit: This is why Myth Busters rocks.
Shes a vegetarian, automatic 0.
|
|
#207
 2006-03-09, 13:34
|
maximusg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
She can munch on my cucumber when ever she wants.
|
|
#208
 2006-03-09, 13:40
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Dude, I got to watch some hot bitch vacuum ozzy's house lmao! and i saw his mom and dad. then his mom pwnt the vacuum bitch. and he showed me his tiny wang  ouch
|
|
#209
 2006-03-09, 14:33
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Seems that copper oxychloride decomposes at relitively low temps, about 140, though this may just be a cracking of the molecule. It is used primarily in 'sugar blues' with a strong oxidiser (KClO3), lactose, cu oxychloride, chlorine donor, resin fuel, and dextrin to bind. These all burn relitively cool, and thus color saturation remains good. Medium burn speeds also make it attractive. I cannot quote any exact ratios for you.
Part of a quoted post from the old APC, by Crazy Swede: "...Many modern formulas rely on copper oxychloride (Cux(OH)yClz) which sometimes can produce very good blue stars without any problems with compatibility or hygroscopicity. But because the material can vary in structure and copper content, some brands will work nicely while others might produce lousy results. Actually, not less than 18 different structures of copper oxychloride are known! The most common seems to be Natural Atacamite (Cu2(OH)3Cl) and Brunswick Green (CuCl2 x 3 Cu(OH)2 x 4 H2O).
Some of the best and cheapest blues are based on using a mixture of both copper oxychloride and basic copper carbonate. Some people believe that the reasons for success in this combination are the additional chlorine from the copper oxychloride and the flame expanding property of the basic copper carbonate (from the carbon dioxide that is produced when the carbonate dissociates!)."
[This message has been edited by Swany (edited 03-09-2006).]
|
|
#210
 2006-03-09, 17:18
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: Spatula: I owe you 20 grams how? as in, what for? I'll send you some for free if you can find a way to cover expenses of shipping.
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Ozzy, you don't have permission to post my image, and the mods would destroy you if you did. The profit rights are mine. Bidding starts at 10g of KClO3.
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: 20 g
I can get reagent grade OTC 
|
|
#211
 2006-03-09, 17:22
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
damn stag your hyped about that chick ehh? BTW it only cost $1700 XD
|
|
#212
 2006-03-09, 20:21
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
She had a nice ass.. And a $1m700 vacuum? LMFAO.
Anyway.. I'm still waiting on synthing HDN and ETN.. fucking school / grades.
|
|
#213
 2006-03-09, 22:04
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by nuclearrabbit: This is why Myth Busters rocks.
I know dude, she is hot..... But I think that guy is like.... a little weird.... Talk about a "shrine".....
|
|
#214
 2006-03-09, 22:32
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
vineman whats your proxy addres?
|
|
#215
 2006-03-09, 22:50
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I wish i had 30-06 on msn...and that warweed accepted me on msn...wait...i didnt add warweed...
|
|
#216
 2006-03-09, 22:55
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
^^Why?
|
|
#217
 2006-03-09, 23:14
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I finally finished another explosion video. The first one is filled with water, and the second is filled with ice.
|
|
#218
 2006-03-09, 23:24
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by 30-06: ^^Why?
I dont know, i just want your email...I have Vineman Tzar, modzilla ect..But no warweed or 30-06
|
|
#219
 2006-03-09, 23:42
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
its I_AM_30_06 @ hot mail dot com
|
|
#220
 2006-03-09, 23:44
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by 30-06: its I_AM_30_06 @ hot mail dot com
Yay!
|
|
#221
 2006-03-10, 01:08
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
god damn these forums are slow noone ever posts
|
|
#222
 2006-03-10, 02:07
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Some of us have lives, and even more of us actually do stuff, rather than hit refresh.
My camera is 1000 miles away. No Cr aqueous chemistry pictures today.
|
|
#223
 2006-03-10, 02:30
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I would have posted pics of a sparkler bomb, its all I have to offer, but I dont know where my camera is...
|
|
#224
 2006-03-10, 02:44
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
kwstag, you're a fucking idiot and you're no better than a kewl.
[This message has been edited by TheAlmightyVineMan (edited 03-10-2006).]
|
|
#225
 2006-03-10, 03:39
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I had an idea... AgNO2 + C6H4Cl2(para) ---> AgCl + C6H4N2O4 You should be able to replace Ag with Pb2+, but if i remember correctly p-dichlorobenzene is very stable. I also havn't found much on lead(II) nitrite, probably for some good reason. Perhaps it can be synthesized somewhat along: Pb(OH)2 + NO + NO2 ---> Pb(NO2)2 as i believe i read that sodium nitrite can be synthesized by: NaOH + NO + NO2 ---> NaNO2
I wonder about the feasability of using a Birkeland-Eyde reactor, except passing the gases through NaOH solution to synthesize nitrites instead of dH2O for HNO3...
|
|
#226
 2006-03-10, 03:58
|
AreteVeteran 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by asilentbob: I had an idea... AgNO2 + C6H4Cl2(para) ---> AgCl + C6H4N2O4 You should be able to replace Ag with Pb2+, but if i remember correctly p-dichlorobenzene is very stable. I also havn't found much on lead(II) nitrite, probably for some good reason. Perhaps it can be synthesized somewhat along: Pb(OH)2 + NO + NO2 ---> Pb(NO2)2 as i believe i read that sodium nitrite can be synthesized by: NaOH + NO + NO2 ---> NaNO2
I wonder about the feasability of using a Birkeland-Eyde reactor, except passing the gases through NaOH solution to synthesize nitrites instead of dH2O for HNO3...
dude AgCl is the stuff they use in the auto adjusting glasses, IIRC, and im not sure if youre the other person on this forum who enjoys pottery besides me but you should throw some glass with that mixed and see if you can get it to change in light  that would be some sick shit ive been really busy lately everyone, so sorry i havent been around more MEKP dynamite this weekend, but mostly just running 5 miles everyday and eating good, ive gained 11 lbs since i cut candy, most fast foods, and soda out of my diet, and im running a 4.7 40, which isnt too bad considering it was 2oC outside when i ran it  but ill get back around to pyro soon, and im not sure if ive already posted this, buuut its a funny video of me destroying the remains of that snowman, this was the 4th det in that spot and he was pretty much destroyed except for this rubble. the original was 22 seconds but GV sped it up and cut some out for some reason enjoy http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-598315509095682999&q=150+grams just listen to my friends hahaha makes it all worth it  ~Arete
|
|
#227
 2006-03-10, 03:58
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Kwstag, next time use sulfur. It wont explode, but is every bit as evil.
|
|
#228
 2006-03-10, 04:05
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Oh fuckoff Vine. blah ill delete it since you are pussies.. you dont know what else this kids done to me anyway so stfu.
Edit: Yes, I led the angry, stupid side of me out today.. I just didn't know what to do to the kid.. He's a Soph.. I'm a fresh........ He always fucking bothers me etc...
Stupid action yes, but you still wont understand how bad he is. Great you made me sound like im fucking 5 ^^
[This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-10-2006).]
|
|
#229
 2006-03-10, 04:19
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Thats a very interesting idea arete, i have a friend that has those kind of glasses... I bet the concentration would be pretty low, but it might be worth a shot for the hell of it. Or perhaps if i made a glaze out of it so that you could glaze clear and clear doped with AgCl next to each other and when exposed to light designs would appear.
Hmm... ill have to add this to my ideas list and do some research...
Edit: God damnit, i alway need NaOH!!! This time for lead(II) hydroxide...
Edit2: photo-oxidation Pretty decent info, a ratio of glass to CuCl and AgCl is still needed though... As i see it it should be 1:1 AgCl:CuCl by moles.
Edit3: lilmore Says common .01-.001% AgCl, then again, this is in glasses where just a slight tint is desired. I wonder what a .1% would be like. The biggest barrier i can see is side reactions with the glass/glaze fluxes.
[This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-10-2006).]
|
|
#230
 2006-03-10, 05:03
|
Kid Charlemange 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
yeah im gonna look into that too, it would be nice if anyone over in the art forum liked pottery  its just you and me in here. its a cool idea, and the glass wouldnt necessarily have to be clear, maybe a green would be cool or another color, so you could make a contrast changing sculpture... oh and the thermite thread was a joke for whoever deleted that, my friend just asked me that and i told him murder/suicide lol Kid Charlemange is a kickass name... .KC.
|
|
#231
 2006-03-10, 06:57
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Biggest NC synth in totse history done today?????? Possibly but I highly doubt its biggest but damn was it fucking big. I did a HUGE NC synth today at school, I used 300Mls of 98% H2SO4 and 300mls of HNO3 70% and a lot of cotton balls. I ended up with 81grams of SEXY SEXY BAD ASS SEXY NITROCELLULOSE AKA GUNCOTTON AKA NC. I brought 40grams home and im going to attempt to detonate it with either a Mercury fulminate cap or a Acetone peroxide cap.
Also i finally got my sexy orgasmic trunk of chemicals out of storage. There was moer shit then I even rembebered. I Have so much Iodine, and i got HNO3, Ethanol,H2SO4, LiNO3, SrNO3, Mercury, Methanol, Mg, BaNO3, KMnO4, KClO4, KClO3, Sulfur, and so many many more chemcials and a few graduated cylanders some beakers, tubes over 250ft of fuse, and other shit.
Also I plan on doing some dets tommorow.
|
|
#232
 2006-03-10, 07:54
|
kiknet 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Bleh my mum is starting to have second thoughts about gettng into pyro from when i first asked her, though i think i might of added to her nerves when i said i was going to buy 25kg bag of KNO3 (easer to buy in Bulk) but now i suppose she thinks the neigbourhood is going to blow up if a fly lands on it, any suggestions as to put this in a more positive light?
I was thinking if explained the small yeild of the devices and how there designed to entertain rather then destroy and also how the bulk bag wll be stored safely and sealed away.
Im hoping that when she feels familar and knows that im responsible with LE's then hopefully i can begin synthesising HE's
Also has anyone living in western australia had experince with ordering chems? Are they incredibly suspcious or lax because there are lab reagants that are callng my name but i dont want the police to bust down my door.
|
|
#233
 2006-03-10, 09:15
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
hey guys id like to introduce myself im new here to totse. well not really ive been following up on the posts in BB for like 3 years but never got the chance to sign up for a new name. started from being a kewl following acb then found EP's site when it was still funtional, came to totse learned low explosives, black powder, flashpowder from M80's, done a little bit of the mines. then switched to high explosives , first started with acetone peroxide and MEKP, hmtd then with various nitrations nitroglycerine, nitrocotton using brainfever's site. got caught by cops june2005 and havent done anything since. i just wanna hang around and post.
-shimstar
|
|
#234
 2006-03-10, 12:59
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by SHIMSTAR: got caught by cops june2005 and havent done anything since. i just wanna hang around and post.
-shimstar
what did you do?
|
|
#235
 2006-03-10, 13:07
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: Oh fuckoff Vine. blah ill delete it since you are pussies.. you dont know what else this kids done to me anyway so stfu.
Edit: Yes, I led the angry, stupid side of me out today.. I just didn't know what to do to the kid.. He's a Soph.. I'm a fresh........ He always fucking bothers me etc...
Stupid action yes, but you still wont understand how bad he is. Great you made me sound like im fucking 5 ^^
Explosives are NEVER the answer to a problem between you and another person. Lift some weights and you probably wont have this problem, and if he comes to try and fuck with you again kick him in the balls.
|
|
#236
 2006-03-10, 13:27
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: Explosives are [b]NEVER the answer to a problem between you and another person. Lift some weights and you probably wont have this problem, and if he comes to try and fuck with you again kick him in the balls.[/B]
He's right just wait for the dude to come and before he even has chance to say any thing head but him streight in the face the bitch wont mess with you again. But that's up to you I end up fighting all the time im at court soon for someting bad I did to someone but he should'nt have hurt my girl. Explosives are not the answer. Use you'r fists you'll gain more respect. If he comes back with all his friends and does you in find out where he lives and wait for him coming home on his self and do him again. if he comes back again do him he'll soon realise you'r not gonna give up. Just go crazy when he gets there even if he's got loads of friends with him they'll all be like wow that kid's crazy and wont mess with you. I used to get loads of shit from ppl at school so one day I walked in to class and this geezer was giving me the shit with his friends I thought fuck it. That day he was in DT (design and technology) on his self I walked up he looked at me and before he even had chance to speak I laid him the fuck out. Dont take shit from punks they will think they own you show them you'r not scared and use you'r fists every time they come close to you.
|
|
#237
 2006-03-10, 13:33
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Alright, word of advice accepted. Sorry Vine... You may not be the one I love most here.. But I still have respect for you.
|
|
#238
 2006-03-10, 14:51
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kiknet: Bleh my mum is starting to have second thoughts about gettng into pyro from when i first asked her, though i think i might of added to her nerves when i said i was going to buy 25kg bag of KNO3 (easer to buy in Bulk) but now i suppose she thinks the neigbourhood is going to blow up if a fly lands on it, any suggestions as to put this in a more positive light?
I was thinking if explained the small yeild of the devices and how there designed to entertain rather then destroy and also how the bulk bag wll be stored safely and sealed away.
Im hoping that when she feels familar and knows that im responsible with LE's then hopefully i can begin synthesising HE's
Also has anyone living in western australia had experince with ordering chems? Are they incredibly suspcious or lax because there are lab reagants that are callng my name but i dont want the police to bust down my door.
Good luck trying to get through to your mum, I've been trying for about 6 months now to try and convince her and my dad that I'm not making meth/I'm not going to blow up my school/etc...I really hope you have a mum that remembers what you say, because it's really gay to have to re-explain everything you explained to them a couple of weeks ago. Okay, I'm done complaining about my parents (2nd time already!). I suggest that you don't just talk to her about it at the dinner table, if she isn't one for listening, that is. Sit her down and get her full attention before you begin explaining yourself. When you're done, ask her if she has any questions. That's exactly what I do, every month or so...
|
|
#239
 2006-03-10, 15:06
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'd agree with "explosves are never the answer" ... but  , http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/800/snoodlesk33lj003pl.jpg Nobody remember American Pyro's situation then? EDIT Mods: can't you get IMG tags allowed in BB, W&C has them. [This message has been edited by Mokothar (edited 03-10-2006).]
|
|
#240
 2006-03-10, 15:56
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: I'd agree with "explosves are never the answer" ... but ,
Yes indeed, I agree as well. It's not like I was going to blow him up or anything though but ok, tis over and I learned a little lesson as well.. Back to pyro topics.. This PRRT lacks them. haha snoodles.. I love Snoopy's little kitty! I'm going to distill some HNO3 tomorrow and then run a little ETN synth if possible. Maybe around a 20-25g synth and save it for later.. I have big 4th of July plans though.. Don't comment on my idea if you have nothing good to say.. Because I'm saving all big dets for the 4th, because after all it's the time where 70% of us "go all out". What I have in mind is all kinds of nice rockets.. Aerial shells.. All that good tradional pyrotechnic stuff.. Then, the HE fest will slowly roll in.. My neighborhood gets high of fireworks during the 4th.. That's all you will see/hear.. Plus we have a cop on our block who lives there and doesn't mind. I'm just worried about bigger HE dets.. I can do them in front of my house though.. There's some land there with no houses. I just don't want to damage anything so MAYBE I can just spend my 4th in IN at my aunt's since she has a shitload of land.. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-10-2006).]
|
|
#241
 2006-03-10, 16:05
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
schweeeeeeet i found suplier that only sells "large quantites of chemicals i asked if they sell AN and kno3 and he said yes but he was on his way out the door so i will call when i get home i hope its not over priced and see what else they carry
|
|
#242
 2006-03-10, 16:08
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ozzy just check out DP.. I can get 10 Lbs of KNO3 for 30 bucks from them. You can too  It's not great, but not horrible.. I will check some agricultural places for AN in the summer (50 Lb bags ahah, I'll get my mom to get 1 or 2)
|
|
#243
 2006-03-10, 16:46
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
PWN3D im getting a 50Lbs bag of KNO3 and 50Lbs of NH4NO3
[This message has been edited by Ozzy Osbourne (edited 03-10-2006).]
|
|
#244
 2006-03-10, 22:31
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
You have to remember that that was then, this is now.
Personally i want to get a decent ammount of KNO3 for BP and either buy my HNO3 or get more CN and keep at getting it this way. Then again i don't exactly have the money... Plus most of the things i seem to get interested in involve urea...
I recently read a bit more on the munroe effect, and im thinking that one of my next charges will be an experiment related to it. Oh, i had an idea of making a SC that has an empty space before the metal plate to utilize the munroe effect, but the more i think about it, the more i think that it would be really difficult to get it just right.
|
|
#245
 2006-03-10, 22:55
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Mokothar: I'd agree with "explosves are never the answer" ... but , [URL=http: //img108.i mageshack. us/img108/ 800/snoodl esk33lj003 pl.jpg]htt p://img108 .imageshack.us/img108/800/snoodlesk33lj003pl.jpg[/URL] Nobody remember American Pyro's situation then?
EDIT Mods: can't you get IMG tags allowed in BB, W&C has them.
Hey! Isn't that snoopys kitten? I remember him posting pics of his kitten a long time ago...when i asked about it he flamed me 
|
|
#246
 2006-03-10, 22:56
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: what did you do?
i sold some flash crackers to a person for some quick money. the next day he brought it along to school and he stole stuff at nearby albertsons at lunch and got caught. and while to cops were digging through his bag, he had the flash cracker in there and ratted me out. so i get called during my last period of class and the cops interrogate me in their office and i try to act as innocent as possible saying how i was just making them to experiment and stuff and my motive was not to harm or injure anyone. so they come into my house and dig through my closet, luckily all my stuff was in the garage, hcl , sulfuric, glycerin a bunch of other stuff. so they only found some glassware, a thermometer and such. haha they just told me to throw away everything and not do it again and lectured me about how dangerous explosives could be. I didnt get in any trouble though. not even through school. and the other kid got expelled so..im a damn lucky bitch and i havent synthed anything since then
|
|
#247
 2006-03-10, 23:41
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
dumbass
|
|
#248
 2006-03-10, 23:43
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Did anyone ever try out hexamethylene diperchlorate?
|
|
#249
 2006-03-11, 00:07
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by warweed12: dumbass
i second
|
|
#250
 2006-03-11, 03:36
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by SHIMSTAR: i sold some flash crackers to a person for some quick money. the next day he brought it along to school and he stole stuff at nearby albertsons at lunch and got caught. and while to cops were digging through his bag, he had the flash cracker in there and ratted me out. so i get called during my last period of class and the cops interrogate me in their office and i try to act as innocent as possible saying how i was just making them to experiment and stuff and my motive was not to harm or injure anyone. so they come into my house and dig through my closet, luckily all my stuff was in the garage, hcl , sulfuric, glycerin a bunch of other stuff. so they only found some glassware, a thermometer and such. haha they just told me to throw away everything and not do it again and lectured me about how dangerous explosives could be. I didnt get in any trouble though. not even through school. and the other kid got expelled so..im a damn lucky bitch and i havent synthed anything since then
That is one of the reasions you dont sell explosives. Selling is just dumb, and irrisponsible. Never do it. Today I remebered that I had some charcoal/Kno3 that I was gana mix with S. My S supplyer stopped carying it and I cant find anybody else that has it. So, I took this stuff, mixed it with water, sturred so it was like clumps, then spread it out on a pan. After it dryed in the sun I tested it. They burn slow and white. I'm gana use the chunks for stars.... I made some star mines, with pritty bad results. I need some BP.... Also, my mom was like "I'm gana take you to a counselor for blowing stuff up". I was like "WTF!?!?!".
|
|
#251
 2006-03-11, 03:56
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i know that was my mistake. i was short of money so i needed more chems
|
|
#252
 2006-03-11, 03:58
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
ozzy your stupid.. You sell salutes all the time faggot and your telling him hes stupid.
|
|
#253
 2006-03-11, 04:01
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: ozzy your stupid.. You sell salutes all the time faggot and your telling him hes stupid.
its cause im smart enough not to get caught and sell to random people
|
|
#254
 2006-03-11, 04:05
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: its cause im smart enough not to get caught and sell to random people
Even better 
|
|
#255
 2006-03-11, 04:23
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by smokeymcpot420: That is one of the reasions you dont sell explosives. Selling is just dumb, and irrisponsible. Never do it. Today I remebered that I had some charcoal/Kno3 that I was gana mix with S. My S supplyer stopped carying it and I cant find anybody else that has it. So, I took this stuff, mixed it with water, sturred so it was like clumps, then spread it out on a pan. After it dryed in the sun I tested it. They burn slow and white. I'm gana use the chunks for stars.... I made some star mines, with pritty bad results. I need some BP.... Also, my mom was like "I'm gana take you to a counselor for blowing stuff up". I was like "WTF!?!?!".
quite possibly the worst spelling i have EVER seen lol an i though i was bad
|
|
#256
 2006-03-11, 04:38
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: Even better 
that not how i meant it to be worded ive only sold to 2 people both in the late 30's and ive mad over $260, i said ransom people cause thats what it sounded liek he was doing
|
|
#257
 2006-03-11, 05:33
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: that not how i meant it to be worded ive only sold to 2 people both in the late 30's and ive mad over $260, i said ransom people cause thats what it sounded liek he was doing
Justify it to yourself as much as you want, selling explosives is a very bad idea.
|
|
#258
 2006-03-11, 05:37
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Damnit guys, take fucking English and BCIS; learn to type and spell decently.
I'm thinking that i will prepare some benzoic acid from sodium benzoate to nitrate to m-nitrobenzoic acid. Well... possibly decarboxylate it before or after the nitration, still hampered by lack of a strong base...
I extracted some phenol/water from 3 glowsticks today, i have mabey 25-30mls... TNP? I don't know... I think i read that the yields are significatly less than the ASA route when performed laboratory scale.
|
|
#259
 2006-03-11, 05:44
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by asilentbob: Damnit guys, take fucking English and BCIS; learn to type and spell decently.
They dont teach typing or spelling in BCIS here 
|
|
#260
 2006-03-11, 05:57
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Do you have to "learn" word, excel, and power point? Hmm... what can i remember about my teacher... she was fat... had a triple-chin/neck...
|
|
#261
 2006-03-11, 07:06
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I got to skip that class via reccomendation by my MIT graduated computer scientist brother. He claimed I was competent.
Shimstar eh? I think I remeber you from the old APC, yes, selling is bad, but it is good money, and very lucrative. You can say dumbass all you want, and it is dumb, but you shouldn't be hypocritical. Which at least a few of you were.
I sold one salute in my life, hell, it was more of a trade, for some stuff that was worth the salute about 30 times over, at least. I heard it go off, 2 hours later, when walking back from my lab. The first thing I did when I saw the guy again was mash his face into a locker, drop him on the floor, and kick him in the nuts. We had a deal, and I told him thats what I would do if he broke it. Apparently he didn't take it to heart. Oh well.
|
|
#262
 2006-03-11, 07:23
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by asilentbob: Dammit guys, take fucking English and BCIS; learn to type and spell decently.
For those who are too lazy/stupid, use the SpellBound extension for firefox 1.5. You will also need a language dictionary. I chose the Canadian version for fun. I was a bit disappointed when I didn't receive a single comment on my latest explosion video. Unpraised Tzars are sad Tzars...
|
|
#263
 2006-03-11, 07:33
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'll never sell a damn thing to someone who can't respect it.
|
|
#264
 2006-03-11, 12:27
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Tzar, the second shot, was that milk?
I love snow. I literally silenced a 10g APAN det, with just snow. Bah, I need to go shopping.
|
|
#265
 2006-03-11, 13:43
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: Justify it to yourself as much as you want, selling explosives is a very bad idea.
iknw iknow but its qucik cash
|
|
#266
 2006-03-11, 15:58
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I LOVE your explosion video Spat 
|
|
#267
 2006-03-11, 16:36
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I like the second one.
|
|
#268
 2006-03-11, 17:45
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I sold 2 bottlecap salutes filled with BP. That was a long time ago, when I was kewl. But, I do rember making them sign this disclamer I typed up.... But, now, I regret it. Everyone at school is always like, "Hey, will you make me a bomb so I can blow up a dog?" I get pissed and yell at them, then they ask me the same thing a few days later... God, I hate people...
|
|
#269
 2006-03-11, 17:48
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: I [b]LOVE your explosion video Spat [/B]
See, that's the kind of patronizing praise I crave.  The first one was just water, and the second was a solid block of ice. I did it underground since I didn't know whether to expect ice shards or not. It turned into slush instantly with a 1g AP cap.
|
|
#270
 2006-03-11, 18:03
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
lol that vid i was great i love the video game music
|
|
#271
 2006-03-11, 18:09
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
About 1/4th of the videos i try to watch crash my computer  sorry, im not going to risk it now, its too early in the morning... well... afternoon... i would probably get pissed and kill my mouse... Ok, time to actually work on some project.
|
|
#272
 2006-03-11, 18:13
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by asilentbob: About 1/4th of the videos i try to watch crash my computer sorry, im not going to risk it now, its too early in the morning... well... afternoon... i would probably get pissed and kill my mouse...
Ok, time to actually work on some project.
I got the same problem....
|
|
#273
 2006-03-11, 18:19
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Swany:
Shimstar eh? I think I remeber you from the old APC, yes, selling is bad, but it is good money, and very lucrative. You can say dumbass all you want, and it is dumb, but you shouldn't be hypocritical. Which at least a few of you were.
yea haha i couldnt pass a five dollar deal on a cracker. but anyways what happened to APC no more HE's? its like dead now
|
|
#274
 2006-03-11, 18:27
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
There is but Mumbles is only allowing people he likes in basically... He's a.. Nvm. But new APC blows.
[This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-11-2006).]
|
|
#275
 2006-03-11, 18:30
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by asilentbob: Damnit guys, take fucking English and BCIS; learn to type and spell decently.
I'm thinking that i will prepare some benzoic acid from sodium benzoate to nitrate to m-nitrobenzoic acid. Well... possibly decarboxylate it before or after the nitration, still hampered by lack of a strong base...
I extracted some phenol/water from 3 glowsticks today, i have mabey 25-30mls... TNP? I don't know... I think i read that the yields are significatly less than the ASA route when performed laboratory scale.
Too true. And what I'd give for some potassium tert-butoxide.
|
|
#276
 2006-03-11, 19:17
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
lookey here R_L C4H9OK.  --> http://www.sciencelab.com/page/S/PVAR/23040/SLP1156
|
|
#277
 2006-03-11, 20:09
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
My iron oxide came today, I'm so excited I can finally try a thermite reaction tonight! So, before I kill myself, anybody give me some pointers? I have 450 mesh Al (I know, a waste, but the guy shipped me stuff that was better than what I paid for). So, my plan for the first experiment with it was just to put a quarter-sized amount in a skillet, use a 3 cm length of Mg ribbon (I only have 60 cm, I'm trying to use it sparingly) light it and run. I'll be wearing somewhat thin leather cycling gloves, and aviator sunglasses as they're the only dark ones I have. Are there any obvious flaws in this? Thanks a lot.
|
|
#278
 2006-03-11, 20:58
|
ExplodingTeeth 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: For those who are too lazy/stupid, use the SpellBound extension for firefox 1.5. You will also need a language dictionary. I chose the Canadian version for fun.
I was a bit disappointed when I didn't receive a single comment on my latest explosion video. Unpraised Tzars are sad Tzars...
Tzar you suck  I commented on your Vids on msn...And you forgot!? How could you forget!? Has my stalking gone un-noticed...: '(
|
|
#279
 2006-03-11, 21:26
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Admiral Lanno: My iron oxide came today, I'm so excited I can finally try a thermite reaction tonight! So, before I kill myself, anybody give me some pointers? I have 450 mesh Al (I know, a waste, but the guy shipped me stuff that was better than what I paid for). So, my plan for the first experiment with it was just to put a quarter-sized amount in a skillet, use a 3 cm length of Mg ribbon (I only have 60 cm, I'm trying to use it sparingly) light it and run. I'll be wearing somewhat thin leather cycling gloves, and aviator sunglasses as they're the only dark ones I have. Are there any obvious flaws in this? Thanks a lot.
dont expect it to burn threw the skillet
|
|
#280
 2006-03-11, 21:31
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yea I didn't, I expected to shoot it with a super soaker and see what happened. However, will it burn concrete?
|
|
#281
 2006-03-11, 21:32
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
so I've finally gotten around to buying my supplies for my pneumatic cannon. It's going to be l33t-sk33t.
I had a random thought today. What if you had a giant floor covered in teflon, and you had shoes that had like a U-shaped bottom where the middle was teflon and the edges were rubber. You could skate around all day with teflon skates!
EDIT: hot stuff (like thermite) on concrete is a bad idea. It can superhead air/water pockets and cause an explosion...bad news. Just do it on some sand or an old piece of steel or something
[This message has been edited by Sentinel (edited 03-11-2006).]
|
|
#282
 2006-03-11, 21:34
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Admiral Lanno: Yea I didn't, I expected to shoot it with a super soaker and see what happened. However, will it burn concrete?
Hot metal on concrete is a bad idea, and it can cause the concrete to shatter violently. Thats why you dont cut metal over concrete floors.
|
|
#283
 2006-03-11, 21:56
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Thanks for the warning, steel skillet or old sheet metal it is, then. Will just sticking a length of magnesium ribbon into a small pile (50g) light it? My chemistry teacher told me he didn't think it would. Thanks a lot guys.
|
|
#284
 2006-03-11, 22:03
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Magnesium ribbon will light it.
|
|
#285
 2006-03-11, 22:30
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: I know, I know! But it's quick cash.
No, a 20minutes bycicle ride with a backpack someone gave you to give to someone else is quick cash, selling explosive devices is like playing russian roulette with a deringer. [This message has been edited by Mokothar (edited 03-11-2006).]
|
|
#286
 2006-03-12, 00:28
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
OMFG LIEK CAN ONE OF YUO 1337 MODS LIKE BAN THAT GUY MAKING THREADS ABOUT JOKES WITH EXPLOSIVES
|
|
#287
 2006-03-12, 00:39
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: OMFG LIEK CAN ONE OF YUO 1337 MODS LIKE BAN THAT GUY MAKING THREADS ABOUT JOKES WITH EXPLOSIVES
Id like him gone also, but it would just make my day if both of you were banned.
|
|
#288
 2006-03-12, 01:18
|
lacrima97 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by warweed12: [QUOTE]Originally posted by smokeymcpot420: [b] That is one of the reasions you dont sell explosives. Selling is just dumb, and irrisponsible. Never do it. Today I remebered that I had some charcoal/Kno3 that I was gana mix with S. My S supplyer stopped carying it and I cant find anybody else that has it. So, I took this stuff, mixed it with water, sturred so it was like clumps, then spread it out on a pan. After it dryed in the sun I tested it. They burn slow and white. I'm gana use the chunks for stars.... I made some star mines, with pritty bad results. I need some BP.... Also, my mom was like "I'm gana take you to a counselor for blowing stuff up". I was like "WTF!?!?!".
quite possibly the worst spelling i have EVER seen lol an i though i was bad[/B][/QUOTE] Actually, your grammer, ect. is many times over worse than this.
|
|
#289
 2006-03-12, 01:23
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i said spelling :P grammer i can agree with
|
|
#290
 2006-03-12, 01:27
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Sp: grammar
|
|
#291
 2006-03-12, 01:40
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Grammar, you guys. :-). Ah, this place can be funny. quote: Originally posted by hell fire: lookey here R_L C4H9OK. --> [URL=http: //www.scie ncelab.com /page/S/PV AR/23040/S LP1156]htt p://www.sc iencelab.c om/page/S/PVAR/23040/SLP1156[/URL]
Much appreciated, it's just relatively expensive, and thus prohibitive for me to attain.
|
|
#292
 2006-03-12, 01:46
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Hahaha!
Well i distilled some DCM/methanol/toluene/acetone stripper, taking mabey the first 1/4 of it that came over. I'm hoping this is primarily methanol/acetone/DCM, i think ill try a few test tube scale tests to see if i can some how separate out the DCM, MeOH, and toluene, they make weird solutions together though that don't alway like to stick to the rules.
I wanted to do a nitration today, such as HDN, NG, or NS, but now im thinking i wont... if i do it will probably be NS. Or i suppose i could try to make the isopropyl nitrite that ill eventually need for azides.
|
|
#293
 2006-03-12, 01:49
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ohhh I got pwnt by my HCl.. I was making AP.. like 47 mL to 75 mL.. improvising the 22:34 but didnt get what i wanted.. Blah blah blah added HCl.. then a sparlker out of nowhere fell into my beaker with HCl and it started to smoke and ignited.. So I had to run over there, take it out, put it in water and stopped it. Im trying to figure out how the sparkler got in there.. I'm extremely dissapointed.. Here's the AP forming after 10 mins of mixing. 
|
|
#294
 2006-03-12, 02:45
|
tingtonger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Random sparklers flying around during AP synths? Do you hate your hands that much? :P
|
|
#295
 2006-03-12, 02:48
|
Orange_Crusader 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
IMG tags!!! I haven't seen those used anywhere on totse for I don't know how long. This, folks is (a very close) example of why you should keep your labs/synth locations clean. This would be a lit sparkler, I assume? I can't think of much that would be in a sparkler that could react with the acid/ hydrogen peroxide/acetone. You were lucky with that AP, it was too wet to ignite, obviously. AP should be fine, i think, a bit contaminated, but ok. Just filter it well and you should be fine. 
|
|
#296
 2006-03-12, 03:10
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Id be careful with that thermite if you are using 475mesh Al for it. When i did thermite for the class I used pretty fine mesh Al and the reaction when a bit faster then I had expected. Granted I used less then a gram of it since I was way to lazy to grind that much Al. I mean im not saying its going to explode but yea something bad could happen. Also if you want to insure that the Mg ribbon will light the Thermite put a pile of KNO3 or something to the like around the ribbon it will increase the temperature helping with the ignition.
And yea to the majority of the people that flamed shimster for selling stuff piss off, because you guys sold shit. Warweed you yourself got busted for that exact reason, I mean it was a brother in law who you should have been able to trust but still its just as bad as him. I myself haven't sold any salutes I thought about it but I always made AP or BP salutes which are either way to dangerous to sell(ap ones), or just probably not that great enough to sell(bp ones).
Sadly i got fucking sick as hell on friday so I was unable to do any sort of det at all man friday sucked haha (luckily quite literally ;-) ) but yea I plan on doing it next weekend which is actually better that way I have time to make more NC. I plan to finish nitrating the rest of the cotton I have which is a bit more then what I nitrated on thursday so I should have at least another 100grams of NC. I might buy another bag of cotton and just do a lot of big nitrations next week and do like a half pound det of NC. I need to synth some AP as well for the primary and some MF.
It feels so good to be back into pyro. Im also probaly going to be making some stars this week since I found out I have a sexy thing of dextrin.
|
|
#297
 2006-03-12, 03:19
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by tingtonger: Random sparklers flying around during AP synths? Do you hate your hands that much? :P
LOL You made my day!!
|
|
#298
 2006-03-12, 03:57
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Thanks for the tips AC, I wish I'd seen the KNO3 earlier, and you were right, something bad did happen :P
Nobody got injured, luckily, but this fine Al is a lot wilder than what I saw in chem class.. Another question, anybody know where I can find the burning temp. of really dense plastic. ie: that found on things that would be kept outside, like trash barrels, port-o-potty's, slides?
|
|
#299
 2006-03-12, 04:12
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
What the fuck would you need that for? I'm not even going to tell you where to ask for that because it sounds stupid already.
Edit: Grammar...
And then again what the hell this is Totse.. Check with the manufacurers. Look on the side of the porto-potty for the company etc. and give them a call.
[This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#300
 2006-03-12, 04:15
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yea so what exactly happend? I can guess it was a bit more violent of a reaction then you thougt. Id love to have seen 50grams of thermite with 450+ mesh Al.
Yea that doesnt sound like its going to be too good information.
|
|
#301
 2006-03-12, 04:17
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
It is really stupid, I don't want to explain where everybody can see. It's more something I did, by accident, then something I plan on doing. Oh, and it was a lot more than 50 grams... I'd say at least 250. I wish I'd video taped it but my camera was out of batteries.
[This message has been edited by Admiral Lanno (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#302
 2006-03-12, 04:21
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
You fucking sick. No batteries? Are you mexican?  Just Kidding. LoL Edit: Suck, not Sick. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#303
 2006-03-12, 04:37
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'll video tape it next time... It was definitely pretty cool. I still have about 11 pounds of the stuff.
edit: by cool I mean hot.
Anyways, question, if the fire dept. finds a few small AlO2 bubbles and Fe2, will they be smart enough to figure out its thermite? And back to the plastic, if they find a rather large pile of burnt plastic, will they know it was thermite or are there other things that can easily ignite that stuff? Kerosene, I guess?
[This message has been edited by Admiral Lanno (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#304
 2006-03-12, 04:51
|
doom guy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
The real question you should ask is why would the fire deparment take intrest in such things?
|
|
#305
 2006-03-12, 04:52
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i asked Zok for our image tags back so please do not fuck it up with stupid shit because i will get rid of them just as quick ...
|
|
#306
 2006-03-12, 06:03
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by warweed12: i asked Zok for our image tags back so please do not fuck it up with stupid shit because i will get rid of them just as quick ...
get em killer
|
|
#307
 2006-03-12, 06:26
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Sounds like dick wit up there has been putting thermite on railway tracks or some other stupid place.
|
|
#308
 2006-03-12, 06:33
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ironically, welding railroad tracks is one of the main uses of thermite.
|
|
#309
 2006-03-12, 06:44
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Ironically, welding railroad tracks is one of the main uses of thermite.
i second that i saw it on the boob tube
|
|
#310
 2006-03-12, 07:15
|
30-06 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Indeed, but do you think the people that weld the railway tracks with thermite would be worried about the fire dept. finding there leftovers?
|
|
#311
 2006-03-12, 16:00
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
porto potty accident just say it ..
|
|
#312
 2006-03-12, 16:12
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by 30-06: Indeed, but do you think the people that weld the railway tracks with thermite would be worried about the fire dept. finding there leftovers?
are you talking about the uhhhhhh explsoive slag stuff? they clean that up
|
|
#313
 2006-03-12, 16:52
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum3/HTML/232257.html
|
|
#314
 2006-03-12, 18:46
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Wow, 1g of KMnO4/Al/S (ratios 12:7:10) in a weak tube made a fucking massive explosion. It had all the neighbors coming out going "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?!?!?!?!", I just pray they didnt call the cops.
Edit: No cops yet, and if they reacted like that to a 1g firecracker, how are they going to react to the 50g salute I have in my garage? lol.
[This message has been edited by Spoony (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#315
 2006-03-12, 18:47
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: [URL=http: //www.tots e.com/bbs/ Forum3/HTM L/232257.h tml]http:/ /www.totse .com/bbs/F orum3/HTML/232257.html[/URL]
ozzy is just pissed that he has a small cock and then i told him so and he was like oh yeah prove it so i did and he got pwned
|
|
#316
 2006-03-12, 19:25
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spoony: Wow, 1g of KMnO4/Al/S (ratios 12:7:10) in a weak tube made a fucking massive explosion. It had all the neighbors coming out going "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?!?!?!?!", I just pray they didnt call the cops.
Edit: No cops yet, and if they reacted like that to a 1g firecracker, how are they going to react to the 50g salute I have in my garage? lol.
How are they going to react to my 130g of AP, 60g ETN, and 5 mL NG? That's the real Q... lOl.
|
|
#317
 2006-03-12, 19:28
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Doing medium to big charges in a public area is irresponcible. I would almost hope you get caught.
|
|
#318
 2006-03-12, 19:28
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: How are they going to react to my 130g of AP, 60g ETN, and 5 mL NG? That's the real Q...
lOl.
Lol, but your neighbors arnt stuck up old people with nothing better to do but cause trouble by calling the cops, are they? 
|
|
#319
 2006-03-12, 19:52
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yea it was a port-o-potty accident, I'll take pics of what thermite did to a shitter when I go out there next weekend. (It's like 20 miles from my house)
[This message has been edited by Admiral Lanno (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#320
 2006-03-12, 21:21
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I stood ~40ft away from 120something odd grams of AN/NG dynamite with some Al. It was covered in dirt, as to keep the sound down, but it still sent out an impressive shockwave and scared the camera person badly. A rather neat crater in the ground, albiet frozen ground. The ice axe in the picture is about 70cm, IIRC.
Enjoy.
Link: http://www.apcforum.net/files/alanng.wmv
[This message has been edited by Swany (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#321
 2006-03-12, 21:26
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by asilentbob: Doing medium to big charges in a public area is irresponcible. I would almost hope you get caught.
No shit my friend. I was joking while thinking where I'm going to do my 4th of July shit at the same time.. I have a shitload of land in IN.. Maybe there who knows. (I live in Chicago.. Use imagination. Dets = a nono.) And nope. My neighbors are pretty ok.. I have a cop living on my street anyway.. He's higher than a regular officer and during the 4th my block is free do play with things with fuses. He does stuff himself too with other officer buddies. Beats me why they are that nice but I've known him ever since I was a little baby  . My block is crazy during the 4th.. I'll get a full vid this year of 2006 4th of July on kwstag's block then edit the sitting time of no action. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#322
 2006-03-12, 22:03
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I'm pissed at my AP results.. Final yield was 57.2g... I guess it'll do for now.
|
|
#323
 2006-03-12, 22:50
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
http://www.filecabi.net/video/liquid-oxygen-in-microwave.html Neat. So I got some new sulphuric acid, but I'm seeing people say it's no-good. Advice? That's what I have. [This message has been edited by nuclearrabbit (edited 03-12-2006).]
|
|
#324
 2006-03-12, 22:51
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
That wont work for nitrations, it will work shittily for AP.
|
|
#325
 2006-03-12, 23:00
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Use Rooto. It's 18.1 molar.
|
|
#326
 2006-03-13, 00:55
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Swany, nice explosion  Does anyone know the shelf-life of methyl nitrate dynamite?
|
|
#327
 2006-03-13, 01:00
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yeah that H2SO4 sucks my nuts hehe. It even say s on teknix's page. Rooto is perfect.. I like Black Swan "ZAP" though.. It's what I have right now.
Edit: Yeah because its $4.26 a liter and 93% with slight signs of dye.
Edit2: FUCKING GRAMMAR.
[This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-13-2006).]
|
|
#328
 2006-03-13, 03:02
|
maximusg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
1835g/L OTC H2SO4 cost $48 a litre here in Aus... I got owned by the market 
|
|
#329
 2006-03-13, 03:03
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
New day. New firefox, well... for me atleast.
I have always had thoughts on AP suspended in a binder that will dry to a hard but plastic state, and i think i may make a few small test charges. Regular school glue will probably be first. I'm wondering about linseed oil. I know it is used in oil paints, but im not sure if there is another substance that binds the pigments together after they dry. Perhaps i will try a little acrylic paint. Though it not really what im looking for auto polishing wax may be interesting.
I measured the starch packing peanuts i have, they only weight 4g total but take up enough space for about a liter of liquid. Dissapointing, i thought i had atleast 10g...
I just read a whole bunch on TNP and want to try it, but ill probably forget about it and do some other synth first.
|
|
#330
 2006-03-13, 03:05
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I havnt gotten to TNP yet either.... I want to find a TNT synth using no HNO3. Argh.
|
|
#331
 2006-03-13, 04:37
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
/me thinks tnt is way to advance for you yet and you should slow down and take a breath
|
|
#332
 2006-03-13, 04:56
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
AP/clear-cheapo-washable-school-glue/gel looks promising so far, we will see in about 24 hours if it will live up to its expectations.
|
|
#333
 2006-03-13, 05:56
|
maximusg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I tried AP putty the other day... but it was weird... it dried all bubble and wasn't as dense as i thought it would be... i think i used too much acetone and not enough NC
|
|
#334
 2006-03-13, 07:01
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/7100560520.jpg&s=x10
Does anyone know if that acid is ok for nitrations? It says that it is 95%, it is dyed slighty brown, and is quite thick.
[This message has been edited by Spoony (edited 03-13-2006).]
|
|
#335
 2006-03-13, 07:06
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
if its 95% it should work fine. it would mean that the 5% of the stuff in there is the thick stuff. idk?
|
|
#336
 2006-03-13, 07:34
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Copper hydroxide is such a purdy blue... [img=http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9748/temp0pn.jpg]
Acrylic seems to work fairly well for AP putty. It dries much more solid than NC, but it doesn't contribute to the detonation.
[This message has been edited by Spatula Tzar (edited 03-13-2006).]
|
|
#337
 2006-03-13, 07:39
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Copper hydroxide is such a purdy blue... Stupid image tags don't behave properly... Acrylic seems to work fairly well for AP putty. It dries much more solid than NC, but it doesn't contribute to the detonation.
|
|
#338
 2006-03-13, 13:26
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by warweed12: /me thinks tnt is way to advance for you yet and you should slow down and take a breath
Shit.. Actually, I am already on break. I've been on break for awhile, that's why I've been making nothing but AP, I'm grounded, temporarily banned from pyro related stuff.. I can't even go outside  Got to focus on school before I can get back to pyro. And no, TNT is not too advanced for me. I'm 80% sure I can handle it... Three steps should be fun anyway. Edit: Wee, I just found 115g of Copper Oxide hiding in one of my box- Laaaaboratory- shelves. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-13-2006).]
|
|
#339
 2006-03-13, 15:01
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Hrmm, guess I'll have to use it for, I dunno, cleaning my drains. Now I've gotta find a place that sells good sulphuric.
|
|
#340
 2006-03-13, 15:27
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by nuclearrabbit: Hrmm, guess I'll have to use it for, I dunno, cleaning my drains. Now I've gotta find a place that sells good sulphuric.
Yeah it's best to get it from a chem supplier at 98% rather than mess arround with crappy drain cleaners. I've got some drain cleaner thats 91% H2SO4 and it's purple. But i've only used about 10ml of it i'd rather just spend my money on labgrade H2SO4 that does'nt have any dyes or impurities in it. Or I can get 5litre of 98% acid hardener thats clear and works perfectly for nitrations.  I'd love to have some Oleum 100% fuming sulphuric acid. I just need to find a way of generating SO3. [This message has been edited by hell fire (edited 03-13-2006).]
|
|
#341
 2006-03-13, 15:40
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Copper hydroxide is such a purdy blue... <A HREF="http ://img209. imageshack .us/img209 /9748/temp 0pn.jpg"&g t;[IMG]htt p://img209 .imageshack.us/img209/9748/temp0pn.jpg[/IMG]</A> Stupid image tags don't behave properly...
Acrylic seems to work fairly well for AP putty. It dries much more solid than NC, but it doesn't contribute to the detonation.
may i ask how you produced yours i got a deep green color
|
|
#342
 2006-03-13, 15:42
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
hehehe i dumped it into some water and it went nice blue never mind :P
|
|
#343
 2006-03-13, 16:06
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Oh yeah, just found out I can get 20% off everything at the local hardware store all the time. So that means 1l of 95% H2SO4 for �6.10  [This message has been edited by Spoony (edited 03-13-2006).]
|
|
#344
 2006-03-13, 16:19
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
hehe it's cheaper to get 1 litre lab regent. http://www.labpakchemicals.com/product.asp?ProdID=190&CatID=31
|
|
#345
 2006-03-13, 16:49
|
DREX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Would you rather blow somthing up with drain cleaner cold packs and and glycerine based anal lube for from stuff from a lab supplier I know whcih i prefer.
|
|
#346
 2006-03-13, 17:09
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by hell fire: hehe it's cheaper to get 1 litre lab regent. [URL=http: //www.labp akchemical s.com/prod uct.asp?Pr odID=190&C atID=31]ht tp://www.l abpakchemicals.com/product.asp?ProdID=190&CatID=31[/URL]
Dam, lol. Oh well, its nice to be able to walk down the local hardware store and pick up a few bottles.
|
|
#347
 2006-03-13, 17:49
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by warweed12: may i ask how you produced yours i got a deep green color
It's very easy to make. Simply electrolyse water with copper electrodes.
|
|
#348
 2006-03-13, 19:58
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
What kind of recoil can I expect from my pneumatic potato cannon? The chamber is 3 feet long and with a diameter of 3"; the barrel is also 3' long and has a diameter of 1.5." The reason I ask is that I made a stand for it and want to know whether I should incorperate some elongated 'feet' at the base to absorb the recoil or not.
|
|
#349
 2006-03-13, 20:07
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Dream of the iris: Swany, nice explosion 
Does anyone know the shelf-life of methyl nitrate dynamite?
|
|
#350
 2006-03-13, 22:10
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Right, so out of boredom im going to go ahead and try trinitrophenol from phenol now... scaled down with slightly more acid to compensate for my impure phenol...
Now where the hell did i put that dropper...
|
|
#351
 2006-03-13, 22:23
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Bob, can you explain the process used to get phenol from the glowsticks? I'm very interested in this as the ASA method is harder 
|
|
#352
 2006-03-13, 23:03
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I just clipped off the ends and poured it all through a filter to get the glass out. Then i added some water and it separated out into 2 layers, from what i have read i understand that the top layer is mostly water with a bit of phenol in it, and the bottom is mostly phenol with a bit of water. The numbers are sketchy, ill just be drawing from the bottom layer and using more acids to account for the water and dyes/impuritys in it.
I just remembered that my tongs broke... grr... now i gotta find some wire and improvise something...
Edit: Used a piece of sheet metal and this screw adjucted metal band for a handle. Working like a charm. I'm sorta running out of time for the phenol preparation before nitrating, grr... Ill probably finish this sometime tonight...
[This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-13-2006).]
|
|
#353
 2006-03-13, 23:33
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
How about using phenol from benzaldehyde.  Or am I getting confused with possibly 2 different types of phenols? I spend too much time at WD lol.
|
|
#354
 2006-03-13, 23:45
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I like NaNO3 better than NH4NO3 for nitrations for some reason... Maybe because its just dissolves better for me and I have a lot of it. Who knows..... Whatever floats my boat I guess? Ok here's my Q... I fucked up a nitration bath b/c of the shit weather almighty God sent to Chicago... There are chucks of NaNO3 and its red/yellow/whitish.. Can i filter out the chunks and try and use that nitration bath to nitrate.... Some Erythritol or something?
|
|
#355
 2006-03-13, 23:47
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
So to make Copper Hydrooxide I just put H2O through electrolosis with Copper electrodes? Sounds simple... Do I use copper for both the anode and cathode?
|
|
#356
 2006-03-14, 00:26
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I think i may take the sulfonification step (would this be what it is called?) down from 5-6 hours at ~100C to 3 hours... The color change that is supposed to happen probably wont happen noticibly because of the dyes that have already been attacked by the sulfuric and turned this really grayish blackish oilish look.
Grr... looks like ill have to switch over to using the hotplate to heat this is a little while...
Edit: Yeah, ill do 3h first, i just saw some purple on the sides of the beaker, it was like permanganate purple, it was pretty cool. Anyways... my hotplate doesn't have a setting just under boiling, so im going to have to go back and forth and turn it off every once and a while... Ill have to add water periodicly too... well now im going to go prepare the slightly more diluted H2SO4 solution and stir...
[This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-14-2006).]
|
|
#357
 2006-03-14, 00:58
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ok, I put 2 2" sections of 1/2"ID Copper pipe in a salt/water solution. I connected them to a 12v(10A) computer power supply and turned it on. Amolst instantly it started forming this nice blue stuff at the bottom. Now, 5 min later, the watter is brown, there is a little blue at the bottom, and there is brown and green boubbles floating at the top. I saw this one big H2 bubble and just had to ignight it. It was fun. Deflagged good. 
|
|
#358
 2006-03-14, 00:58
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by smokeymcpot420: So to make Copper Hydrooxide I just put H2O through electrolosis with Copper electrodes? Sounds simple... Do I use copper for both the anode and cathode?
You only need copper at the anode, but you might as well use it for both. You can use AC power that way too. You might need an electrolyte to get it started.
|
|
#359
 2006-03-14, 01:22
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I pulled my electrodes out of my solution to clean them. I took some sand paper to the Positive one and the dust fuckin burnt my nose. It was like fuckin acid! Edit: I got an Idea and sanded this shit into a flame and it flared up a pritty green....  Damn nice. [This message has been edited by smokeymcpot420 (edited 03-14-2006).]
|
|
#360
 2006-03-14, 01:48
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Sentinel: What kind of recoil can I expect from my pneumatic potato cannon? The chamber is 3 feet long and with a diameter of 3"; the barrel is also 3' long and has a diameter of 1.5." The reason I ask is that I made a stand for it and want to know whether I should incorperate some elongated 'feet' at the base to absorb the recoil or not.
|
|
#361
 2006-03-14, 01:59
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Hmm.. Grow some muscles? I think you'd get some interesting recoil out of a 6 foot cannon.
Just playing..... What do you mean by the "feet" thing?
|
|
#362
 2006-03-14, 02:02
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Smokey, the green colour is due to copper chloride from the salt. Use a different electrolyte, and a smaller amount. NaOH seems to work well.
|
|
#363
 2006-03-14, 02:07
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ok, I have a tiny amount of blue powder at the bottom. On top of that is a layer of this orangeish powder. Then the orange/yellow/brown layer of water. Then, the brown/orangeish and green gunk on the top.
|
|
#364
 2006-03-14, 02:25
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: Hmm.. Grow some muscles? I think you'd get some interesting recoil out of a 6 foot cannon.
Just playing..... What do you mean by the "feet" thing?
I have a stand built for it out of wood so I can adjust its trajectory/angle. I need to know if the recoil will be enough to necesiate fitting the stand with stabilizing "feet," long wooden triangles to support the force of the recoil so the whole thing doesn't fly backwards. You know, the whole conservation of momentum, "(M1+M2)*Vi1=Vf1*M1+Vf2*M2" idea.
|
|
#365
 2006-03-14, 03:12
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Smoky, you have a mix of copper oxychloride, copper chloride, and copper hydroxide. I would start over.
Sentinel, use Newton's third law. The recoil depends on the velocity and mass of your projectile. Combine this with the centre of mass and inertia of your setup.
|
|
#366
 2006-03-14, 03:35
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Recoil from a 6ft pneumatic cannon should be quite impressive.
Kwstag: filter=cellulose. Have fun nitrating your filter. I like NaNO3, as the nitration bath is quite thin, even when full of MHN... well, thin is relitive. Higher -NO3 content than K or NH4 as well.
I am making some pyrophoric metals for fun. I need to make some copper oxalate, so I shall prepare some copper hydroxide, or just use sulfate. It needs to be quite pure, so tap water won't due. NaOH electrolyte shouldn't kill anything though...
Wish me luck.
|
|
#367
 2006-03-14, 04:46
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
How does NaNO3 contain more nitrate? NH4NO3 has the most nitrates per mass.
NaOH seems like the best electrolyte, but I don't know what happens to the Na+ ion.
|
|
#368
 2006-03-14, 05:17
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
if that Na+ behaves like the Na+ ion does when you are making chlorate cells, it will just recombine and make the solution more and more basic. That's why you need to periodically add acid to chlorate cells.
|
|
#369
 2006-03-14, 07:15
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Quick question: what colour should I paint my cordless phone? I would do camouflage, but my spray paint template is too large. (If anyone has a smaller template image, I will gladly use it.)
I don't want to give too much away, but this will be part of my third revolutionary pyro idea. (First was to do big dets during thunderstorms, and second was the creation of many chemical using electrolysis.)
Oh, and I'm going to obtain free samples of Fe2o3 and Fe3O4 tomorrow. I'm beginning to like ceramics class after all.
|
|
#370
 2006-03-14, 07:20
|
tingtonger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Paint it black.
|
|
#371
 2006-03-14, 10:18
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
find a betty boop color template ... or if it is being involved in some shenanigans then find a template for the character kenny from southpark
|
|
#372
 2006-03-14, 13:16
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Sentinel:
you wont have much at all but becareful if you put water in there then you will have recoil
|
|
#373
 2006-03-14, 13:40
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Lol Swany.. Fool, I wouldnt dump a nitration bath through a filter lol.. I'd probably scoop out the chunks and add another 10g and heat.. Then cool and try.. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
|
|
#374
 2006-03-14, 16:14
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Stag iirc you said you were making a NaNO3 nitration bath well the solid that is left un dissolved is NaSO4 (or is it Na2SO4 i can not remember) it is not like AN were you have nothing left silly just strain it and add more NaNO3
|
|
#375
 2006-03-14, 16:43
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Spatula, Hot glue gun, green fabric colouring, some burlap and a wire brush come to mind. I'm making a ghillie T-shirt this summer, well ... I'm planning to. Edit, Saptula  , I need to be more carefull typing. [This message has been edited by Mokothar (edited 03-14-2006).]
|
|
#376
 2006-03-14, 19:54
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: I'm beginning to like ceramics class after all.
Damn straight your going to [u]love[/u] ceramics! Have you thrown on the wheel yet? Oh, and id say yellow/black construction/danger stripes. Well... the TNP synth does indeed evolve tons of NOx, but i think (hope?) ill be ok. Now its time to check on the results in the freezer. If anyone decides to attempt i would strongly recommend a fume hood and devising a way to split it up into 2-3 parts so that you don't have to try to do everything in one day. A temperature controlable hotplate would be nice too... Oh, and some oil instead of water as when the water was boiling you had to be there holding the beaker because the air bubbles released would tip it. Edit: I think that the dyes nitrated too as they formed this almost plastic state on top of the acids. [This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-14-2006).]
|
|
#377
 2006-03-14, 20:22
|
nosfera2 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Dets during thunder storms is nothing new. Somebody mentioned it at roguesci or alt.engr.explosives. I forget which one. But then again not everybody reads through all those archives so it's nice somebody introduced it to people here.
|
|
#378
 2006-03-14, 21:54
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Admiral Lanno:
Anyways, question, if the fire dept. finds a few small AlO2 bubbles and Fe2, will they be smart enough to figure out its thermite?
Fuck yes, they will. They're trained with a lot of that kind of stuff. asilentbob, nice work. Swany, that det sounds awesome. Sorry I haven't been able to get on yet. The amount of crap I've been wading through is murder. Well, more like instilling a borderline homicidal divergent personality.
|
|
#379
 2006-03-14, 22:37
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Happy Pi day people. I'm 21 today.
|
|
#380
 2006-03-14, 23:08
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Happy.... Pi day to you too my friend  Ty James, i had forgot what that was too.. my sulfate yes. I hope it didnt freeze haha its outside but idk I think its useless..... I added all the nitrate at once due to no time and weather fucked me up...... I'm going to start having to do nitrations in my lab if the weather doesn't get better... I've done it once before, worked out nicer than it did outside actually. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-14-2006).]
|
|
#381
 2006-03-15, 00:04
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by K9: Happy Pi day people. I'm 21 today.
I feel betrayed. I thought you were about 83% of your actual age. Warweed: the bisulfate is formed, HSO4-. If any of the sulfates were formed during nitrations, it would be a solid block of solidness. For lack of better adjectives. Spatula: I belive I miscalculated. Oh noes. Bob: The phenol reaction is said to bubble up about 10x, but I fear your phenol/bit of water, was a lot of water. Random Looney: Take your time. Its ok, I'm patient. 
|
|
#382
 2006-03-15, 00:20
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Lol... That "Oh noes" thing always makes my day as well as makes me smile.... 
|
|
#383
 2006-03-15, 02:46
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by K9: Happy Pi day people. I'm 21 today.
Interesting, my b-day is also 3/14, though im now 18... Happy Pi day to you too! Swany, it did bubble a bit but it wasn't problematic. It may have had alot of water, but i used my distilled HNO3 (undiluted) which i treated as 90% in the calculations, though it is probably a little higher. I know that something was formed, the solution is yellow with a yellowish precipitate on the bottom, some fine particles some crumb sized pieces that were floating on top during the nitration, i think these bigger pieces are from the nitrated or oxidized dye and DNP... I'll filter it sometime soon and recrystalize.
|
|
#384
 2006-03-15, 02:54
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar:
I don't want to give too much away, but this will be part of my third revolutionary pyro idea. (First was to do big dets during thunderstorms, and second was the creation of many chemical using electrolysis.)
HAH great minds think alike. although we rarely get thunderstorms here about this time last year i had lighning strike in the morning near my neighborhood. i seriously thought that a bomb went off or there was a damn low flying fighter jet. anyways thats a good idea. speaking of thunderstorms, have anyone heard of triggered lightning?..its when you have thunderclouds nearby and you shoot a semi-metallic rocket with free flowing wire and you fire it. if youre lucky you get a lightning strike. of course this is dangerous so ive been thinking maybe i can have a airplane servo attached to the launcher and fire it remotely. is there more to this than just firing a rocket into a thunderstorm? if you look at the video the rocket looks nothing more than a model rocket lol http://tinyurl.com/pnf9g
|
|
#385
 2006-03-15, 03:09
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I've heard about that. I'm very interested if anyone has anymore info on it.
[This message has been edited by Dream of the iris (edited 03-15-2006).]
|
|
#386
 2006-03-15, 03:30
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
yes! I've read about that triggered lighting stuff. They just have a spool of very thin copper wire on the ground attached to the rocket. That would be so fucking cool if you could do it....but you'd need to be so far away (preferably in a car) that you'd need a good video camera to capture it. I think you'd need to have the spool on some bearings so it wouldn't resist the rocket too much.
So now the question is: where to get several hundred meters of thin copper wire?
|
|
#387
 2006-03-15, 03:57
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
your nearby hardware store? or http://tinyurl.com/hpc9p
|
|
#388
 2006-03-15, 04:20
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by asilentbob: Damn straight your going to [u]love[/u] ceramics! Have you thrown on the wheel yet?
I have thrown, and I hate it. The wheel is too short, so it hurts my back, the clay is abrasive to my hands, my wrists hurt from trying to shape it, and I can't make crap with it. Plus the teacher keeps bugging me to cut my nails. (Never!) ---- I've seen triggered lightning, and I plan on doing it. Once I get my lathe and start making decent rocket nozzles, I hope to have my own lightning generation system. I'll get thin copper wire from an old transformer, and carefully loop it into a pile. This will allow it to unravel without any force. A thicker steel wire will be used as a leader on the rocket to prevent the copper from melting in the exhaust. My second idea is even simpler. Since the point of the wire is not to provide a perfect path but merely lower the resistance in air, it does not have to be continuous. So, load up the rocket with a bunch of metal filings. They will be dispersed evenly with the exhaust, leaving a trail of conductive metal. Lightning rockets is the one case where you definitely do not want to use electrical igniters. Either use a timer or fuse. ---- Black and yellow is definitely the colour scheme for me. I'm thinking a base coat of yellow, and black electrical tape on top. This will prevent ugly painting lines, and give it a unique texture.
|
|
#389
 2006-03-15, 04:21
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Where could I find a good ball mill motor?
Approximate weight would be lead media 1 1/2 cm container being half filled and about the size of a protein powder container. http://tinyurl.com/pz5cs
|
|
#390
 2006-03-15, 05:02
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
You can also make shapes out of the lighting 
|
|
#391
 2006-03-15, 05:20
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
i like the idea of summoning lightning during a storm. it gives you a feeling of power. i like that.
|
|
#392
 2006-03-15, 06:11
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
My dream is to casually announce my plans to take over the world, then have lightning strike right as I bring my fingertips together in a gesture of power. I would then cackle melociously.
|
|
#393
 2006-03-15, 06:20
|
TheNextHitler 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I am building a rocket for my senior project, and I am using a potassium nitrate and sucrose fuel with a 65/35 O/F ration and was wondering if anyone could tell me the ignition temperature or give me an idea for igniter setup.
|
|
#394
 2006-03-15, 06:22
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Fuse. KNO3/Su lights at a pretty low temp.
|
|
#395
 2006-03-15, 06:49
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
lets just say, smouldering paper tissue debris. bad experience, enough said
|
|
#396
 2006-03-15, 07:41
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Nothing beats my electrical igniters.
Oh, and a bit of Fe2O3 catalyses the reaction.
|
|
#397
 2006-03-15, 12:55
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
if you guys wanna know what hppend catch me on msn or drop me an e-mail OzzyKKK@hotmail.com and i wont be on msn till at least 3pm casue im at school right now 7:51am
|
|
#398
 2006-03-15, 14:47
|
Swany 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Well, if its real, Congradulations. You lasted about 4 times as long as I thought you would've. Somewhat more seriously, that isnt too good.
Chances are you won't be executed?
|
|
#399
 2006-03-15, 15:47
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ozzy just post the goddam story here!
|
|
#400
 2006-03-15, 18:14
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spoony: Ozzy just post the goddam story here!
|
|
#401
 2006-03-15, 22:26
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
ok you nigger lovers here it goes i was going to order 50Lbs of KNO3 and 50Lbs NH4NO3 and liek the guy wanted my address to come talk to me to make sure i wasnt some sand nigger trying to blow up building but the FBI pulls up and i was liek ok....... nothing wrong just wanted to see what i wanted the stuff for and i told my own "special" fertilzer blend for the AN and rockets fiir the kno3 thank god they didnt say lets have a quick look around casue i had 37 grams of ap drying on my head board about 20 salutes and my dresser 200 grams of flash on my shelf and the basemnet table was full of AP chems and couple pounds of flash and black powder k so they leave every things all peachy but NOOOOOOO my slut moms liek OMG their gonna have a serch warrnet and i was liek why the were not supicios and i was liek w/e so then she has tthis idea ALLLL my pyro stuff is gone for awhile casue the bitch got scared of the FBI asking me questions so yea any furter deatails OzzyKKK@hotmail.com
|
|
#402
 2006-03-15, 22:32
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
and you fat penis fuck STFU
|
|
#403
 2006-03-15, 22:41
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Verry close indeed Ozzy.
|
|
#404
 2006-03-15, 23:01
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I bought a gallon of Toluene and Xylene  today..... 'twas on sale, so I just had to get them.. a gallon of each for now.. I still have to distill some HNO3 so I can make my TNT sometime.. And school is getting better so pyro may be coming back sooner than I expected ( Summer. ) -stag
|
|
#405
 2006-03-16, 00:04
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
TNT is a bitch. how many times to you have to nitrate that thing again?
|
|
#406
 2006-03-16, 00:13
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
if I were you I would use up your salutes and AP and lay low for a bit.
|
|
#407
 2006-03-16, 00:22
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Three times. But there is a synth that requires one, IIRC.
And Ozzy, that was too close for comfort.
|
|
#408
 2006-03-16, 00:45
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
HAH ask swany how close it was
|
|
#409
 2006-03-16, 01:13
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Does anybody know where I can get an ebook or good directions on thermite welding/cutting? Google yielded no results.
Or maybe somebody can help me out? I need to cut a signpost, a few feet off the ground, I guess I can put a lot at the base, but I don't just want to set it on the ground as want to do it as efficiently/quickly as possible. Thanks
|
|
#410
 2006-03-16, 01:28
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Thats the risk you run with HEs... i really wish they would lower the age restriction on manufacturing/use of fireworks. As i have the space.
Anyways, i have some leftover (was stored underwater and agitated every few days) AP and i need to get rid of it. So... im thinking of a long thin loose powder trail of it ignited by fuse or hot wire. A loud bang is not desired as i don't want to disturb the peace. I had this idea quite a while back and never got to it. As for the TNP/N. acids it is diluted, but the crystals are so damn fine that they wont come off the filter.
Now what to do... hmm... mabey test the propane burner...
|
|
#411
 2006-03-16, 01:47
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I have 120g of AP I need to get rid of too.... I got rid of 5g today by lighting small (rather large) piles... a few.. maybe 1.0-1.5g each pile on my hand for kicks.. Works out nice just go light 1g piles outside.. No loud boom just a nice little flame..
As for TNT.. I have a nice 3 step synth.. Its weird how u get MNT and its a liquid then nitrate that to get DNT then nitrate that to get TNT and you eventually end up with yellowish crystals etc...
TNT is a bitch but fun and what the hell.. one of my goals is to make everything I can while still living.
and for fuse, dont waste it.. just make a long pile and light it and youll be fine.. dont make it too thick though. i can do it in my box [lab] - learn the word box for lab- and video it to show you if you dont feel comfortable maybe?
[This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-16-2006).]
|
|
#412
 2006-03-16, 01:55
|
hell fire 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I've got some nice info on trinitrotoluenes, mono and Dinitrotoluenes if you interested stag. hellfire_808@hotmail.com if you'r interested. 
|
|
#413
 2006-03-16, 01:59
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I've got a nice PDF on it if that's what you're talking about? But I'll drop you an e-mail anyway.  Thanks.
|
|
#414
 2006-03-16, 02:18
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Admiral Lanno: Does anybody know where I can get an ebook or good directions on thermite welding/cutting? Google yielded no results.
Or maybe somebody can help me out? I need to cut a signpost, a few feet off the ground, I guess I can put a lot at the base, but I don't just want to set it on the ground as want to do it as efficiently/quickly as possible. Thanks
What kind of sign post? Like a stop sign or a billboard? I suggest a shaped charge... 
|
|
#415
 2006-03-16, 02:20
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Stag, that's very foolish to light a long pile of AP with just a flame. Bob is right for wanting to use a fuse.  And, I'd expect a big bang from that. [This message has been edited by Dream of the iris (edited 03-16-2006).]
|
|
#416
 2006-03-16, 02:54
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Sorry DOTI, but I guess you've never done it bofore  Im making a new quick thread about where I det my stuff (pics too) a lot of people were asking.
|
|
#417
 2006-03-16, 03:04
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ah, just finished my air cannon and it works beautifully!....except for the pressure guage. I've got it up to 40 PSI (according to the tyre compresser I'm using to pressurize it) but my onboard pressure guage reads 0! WTF? I'm using a Husky 0-300 psi guage I found next to the air tools section in home depot. I J-B welded it in to the hole I drilled so getting it out could be a problem...I suspect dirt or something got in the small hole in the bottom where it measures the pressure...what else could it be?
The only other thing I noticed is that when I dry fire it, MOST of the air inside flows right out in a "PSHOOW!" but a little remains if I close the solenoid right after that. If I leave the valve open, the barrel starts resonating (which IS pretty awesome). I'm just wondering if this is usual.
|
|
#418
 2006-03-16, 05:36
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Theodore Gray has a nice writeup on thermite. (Scroll down)
He casted a solid iron chain using graphite molds. His website is great, but it's rather disorganized.
|
|
#419
 2006-03-16, 13:23
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Sentinel: Ah, just finished my air cannon and it works beautifully!....except for the pressure guage. I've got it up to 40 PSI (according to the tyre compresser I'm using to pressurize it) but my onboard pressure guage reads 0! WTF? I'm using a Husky 0-300 psi guage I found next to the air tools section in home depot. I J-B welded it in to the hole I drilled so getting it out could be a problem...I suspect dirt or something got in the small hole in the bottom where it measures the pressure...what else could it be?
The only other thing I noticed is that when I dry fire it, MOST of the air inside flows right out in a "PSHOOW!" but a little remains if I close the solenoid right after that. If I leave the valve open, the barrel starts resonating (which IS pretty awesome). I'm just wondering if this is usual.
liek what kid of vavle are you using a sprinkler valve or what pics plz
|
|
#420
 2006-03-16, 18:26
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Gone, i might get a little mannitol and/or erythritol to try out. As in a few grams.
|
|
#421
 2006-03-16, 21:12
|
nuclearrabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Tzar, when you opened the spray paint, how many marbles did you find inside? I just opened one and got 2 of those little blue guys.
[This message has been edited by nuclearrabbit (edited 03-16-2006).]
|
|
#422
 2006-03-16, 21:45
|
ungodly 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Sentinel, yes, that is perfectly normal with a soleniod, and it will even happen with a smaller air valve. Just make sure you hold the solenoid open until you are positive that all the pressure is gone(at least 2-3 seconds). this is mainly becasue as the pressure in the chamber goes down the rate or air flowing out of the gun of course(im sure you know this already) slows down and by shutting the valve too quickly you let those last dregs get caught in the valve. also, the valve will only open above a certain pressure, at least 20ish for mine, but it could be that becasue you only have the gun at 40psi, then it's very apparent when the pressure frops.
also, are you saying that you didn't drill/tap/tape the whole gauge assembly and simply drilled a hole and glued it in? that could be the problem, glue or sealant getting in the little hole of the guage will cause that problem. if you can take the guage out, use a pin to check the hole for debris
|
|
#423
 2006-03-16, 23:59
|
Project Pyro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Sorry to ask a newb question, but i'v ebeen outta the game for awhile. Does anyone have any good sites on synth of chemicals? or where to find them in everyday stuff?
|
|
#424
 2006-03-17, 00:49
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
www.google.com and some household products site..... Just check google. Or find what chemical you need and we'll help you find it.........
|
|
#425
 2006-03-17, 00:51
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: liek what kid of vavle are you using a sprinkler valve or what pics plz
well my valve is a sprinkler valve but the actual pressure guage is a husky brand one : http://tinyurl.com/mjgm9 I KNOW that my chamber isn't leaking because I can detect pressure with the gauge on the air pump I use.
|
|
#426
 2006-03-17, 00:55
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Project Pyro: Sorry to ask a newb question, but i'v ebeen outta the game for awhile. Does anyone have any good sites on synth of chemicals? or where to find them in everyday stuff?
i was about to pass on some useful sites...until i checked your profile Interests: Explosives, Sabotoge, General Chaos ALL HAIL 4n4RC[-]Y!!11!!! L3TS M4K3 S()/\/\3 1337 SPOLSIVEZZ!!!!
|
|
#427
 2006-03-17, 01:16
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Sentinel: well my valve is a sprinkler valve but the actual pressure guage is a husky brand one : http://tinyurl.com/mjgm9
I KNOW that my chamber isn't leaking because I can detect pressure with the gauge on the air pump I use.
liek you have the valve open electronicly? btw get on msn
|
|
#428
 2006-03-17, 01:33
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by nuclearrabbit: Tzar, when you opened the spray paint, how many marbles did you find inside? I just opened one and got 2 of those little blue guys.
Lucky you, both of the cans I opened only had one.
|
|
#429
 2006-03-17, 02:12
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
My friend is filming a movie for a class project, him and I made this at school for one scene. It's welded well, 2.5 inch diamater pipe, if I remember right, at the back is a fuse hole with a pipe protruding around it about 2 inches, and that guard as well. Any idea for how I can make either a rocket or a fireball come out of this without essentially holding a pipe bomb next to my head? Anybody know if black powder + napathane would work? edit: editing messages screws up image code, fuse hole is 2.5 inches or so from the end of the pipe. [This message has been edited by Admiral Lanno (edited 03-17-2006).]
|
|
#430
 2006-03-17, 02:15
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
wow lanno i have to say that thing looks pretty dank. nice job on it. i think a couple grams of loose bp in there wont hurt to make a simulation effect.
|
|
#431
 2006-03-17, 02:47
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Oh, and anybody know what we should do before we film this? We're planning going to go to a field in my city with no grass on it (sand, basically) at about 6 PM(security is tight here due to terrorism fears) and filming there. The thing is the guy holding the gun will be dressed as a towel head, I'm just worried that the police will shoot first, ask later, or arrest us for who knows what.
|
|
#432
 2006-03-17, 02:49
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
If you're so worried, then ask permission before you film.
|
|
#433
 2006-03-17, 02:51
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Not smart.. Do it in your yard or something...
Here's a nice quote from me.. "If you don't have somewhere safe to do the something you want to do.. Don't do that something until you find somewhere safe to do it"
And another one I found from K9 that I just love... "there's no reason to be ashamed to ask. It's always better to ask and know."
|
|
#434
 2006-03-17, 02:54
|
Admiral Lanno 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yea I guess I'll ask for permission and just say we aren't doing any pyrotechnics, then shoot it and film it and run.
|
|
#435
 2006-03-17, 03:09
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I hope you get caught  Sorry.. I want everyone to learn the hard way if they can't understand safety should be everyones #1 rule..... So they can find out how important it is to find a safe place to do something rather than do it and "omfg run dude.. blah blah blahh .. SHIT COPS!! RUN" etc. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-17-2006).]
|
|
#436
 2006-03-17, 03:31
|
Project Pyro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
"i was about to pass on some useful sites...until i checked your profile
Interests: Explosives, Sabotoge, General Chaos" - Shimstar
Hey man sorry I haven't updated my profile since I joined. I was always on this forum last year. There's still a few people that might remeber me but yea, I updated my profile.
|
|
#437
 2006-03-17, 04:32
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
well then sorry for judging you by your profile
|
|
#438
 2006-03-17, 04:35
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: Not smart.. Do it in your yard or something...
Here's a nice quote from me.. "If you don't have somewhere safe to do the something you want to do.. Don't do that something until you find somewhere safe to do it"
And another one I found from K9 that I just love... "there's no reason to be ashamed to ask. It's always better to ask and know."
I said that? Cool.
|
|
#439
 2006-03-17, 04:42
|
Project Pyro 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Hey man I would have done the same thing. Well anyways I'm good believe it or not wikipedia had the info i needed.
|
|
#440
 2006-03-17, 05:49
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I finished painting my phone: It looks like a bumble bee  I'm working on some circuitry right now, but the unveiling will be soon. Can anyone help me with an idea for my final project in ceramics? It has to be a 25" high sculpture with an 8" miniature. I suck at ideas.
|
|
#441
 2006-03-17, 05:58
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
The phone is sweet! Sorry, i have no ideas on 2 sculptures.
|
|
#442
 2006-03-17, 12:14
|
deathDiver 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
make a huge thing of a mushoom cloud, that would be cool.
Sorry for not posting a lot. like i told hell fire,my boss is fisting my ass all the time. I think i'm going to go crazy one day and quit. I see this is back, so warweeds idea craped out. It was a nice try, but owell. As for the science fair, I got first. Now the girl that won last year is my girlfriend, well sorta. I guess I have to give up the carrot rage...fucking carrot.
|
|
#443
 2006-03-17, 12:55
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: I finished painting my phone: <A HREF="http ://img63.i mageshack. us/img63/1 483/temp3a l.jpg"> [IMG]http: //img63.im ageshack.us/img63/1483/temp3al.jpg[/IMG]</A> It looks like a bumble bee I'm working on some circuitry right now, but the unveiling will be soon.
Can anyone help me with an idea for my final project in ceramics? It has to be a 25" high sculpture with an 8" miniature. I suck at ideas.
electrical tape?
|
|
#444
 2006-03-17, 13:42
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yes you said that K9.. It was in your R-salt thread. CTM... something
|
|
#445
 2006-03-17, 16:45
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: electrical tape?
Yes, yes it is.
|
|
#446
 2006-03-17, 20:09
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Yes, yes it is.
well then you you didnt paint it
|
|
#447
 2006-03-17, 20:58
|
ungodly 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by deathDiver: make a huge thing of a mushoom cloud, that would be cool.
I wouldn't suggest that.. You'll be scaring small children and horrifying your pottery teacher with what appears to be a largish sclulpture(can't spell it)of a fairly deformed pen0r. Bad idea.. Oh, you know those pics on ______(can't remember, they post here alot) website, of the "AP ART"? you should do something like that, the molecular structure of xyz.. Or maybe make a large block and blow holes through it with shaped charges.. that would be tricky shit.
|
|
#448
 2006-03-17, 21:10
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: well then you you didn't paint it
It used to be white. I painted it yellow, then added electrical tape for contrast and texture. It's a college class, so there are no little kids. And the teacher would probably find a penis amusing. A molecular structure would be nice, but the stick-and-ball structure is rather difficult to duplicate with clay. I'm thinking of making the slug from Commander Keen. 
|
|
#449
 2006-03-17, 21:29
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
wow, that's a long time ago.
Commander keen (well, that one) also had some mighty nice grapes of wrath (vinyard level) and a nice thundercloud (pyramid IIRC)
Maybe I'll think of something nice and sculptable.
|
|
#450
 2006-03-17, 21:49
|
psyco_1322 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: ....liek....
Why do you spell like,like liek? Were you from?
|
|
#451
 2006-03-17, 22:11
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by deathDiver: make a huge thing of a mushoom cloud, that would be cool.
5 lb BP, unconfined....... Theat should do it... Just find a new filming area and dont be stupid.
|
|
#452
 2006-03-17, 22:11
|
TheAlmightyVineMan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by psyco_1322: Why do you spell like,like liek? Were you from?
It has nothing to do with where he's from, Ozzy is just an idiot.
|
|
#453
 2006-03-17, 22:44
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I wouldn't be to surprised if ozzy was that one guy that i have forgoten that was an extreme idiot. Totsesucks or something... i don't know, can't remember.
|
|
#454
 2006-03-17, 23:01
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
totseisgay. Yes, they do seem like a good match.
|
|
#455
 2006-03-17, 23:37
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by TheAlmightyVineMan: It has nothing to do with where he's from, Ozzy is just an idiot.
PWNT.
|
|
#456
 2006-03-18, 01:02
|
maximusg 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Oh God dont bring back the memories
|
|
#457
 2006-03-18, 02:01
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
LIEK OMFG fire fox roxors my soxors
|
|
#458
 2006-03-18, 02:05
|
Dream of the iris 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: LIEK OMFG fire fox roxors my soxors
 I can't help but laugh whenever you say "roxors my soxors".
|
|
#459
 2006-03-18, 02:52
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
stag, weed, peter i can talk on vent now, i had to reinstall the drivers
|
|
#460
 2006-03-18, 04:45
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Don't steal r0x0rs my s0x0rs from me you phagg0t
|
|
#461
 2006-03-18, 06:02
|
Toxicwboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
we need a totse BB vent.
|
|
#462
 2006-03-18, 07:12
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
V for Vendeta is a GREAT movie in the line of Equilibrium, The Matrix, Farenheight 451, 1984, and other similar books/movies. I STRONGLY recommend EVERYONE to see it.
|
|
#463
 2006-03-18, 09:20
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Equilibrium was great. My friend's father looks exactly like the leader of the underground.
|
|
#464
 2006-03-18, 13:36
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by warweed12: Don't steal r0x0rs my s0x0rs from me you phagg0t
i liek da cock  [This message has been edited by warweed12 (edited 03-18-2006).]
|
|
#465
 2006-03-18, 15:17
|
Panda Ranger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
ok so i have a quick question. i just recently ran out of my 30% H2O2 and my new supply doesnt come in for a week. So is it possible to make HMTD with 3% solution found at a drug store?
yes u have made this before
k thanks
|
|
#466
 2006-03-18, 17:56
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Panda Ranger: ok so i have a quick question. i just recently ran out of my 30% H2O2 and my new supply doesnt come in for a week. So is it possible to make HMTD with 3% solution found at a drug store?
yes u have made this before
k thanks
Just get a ton of it and boil it down. 1/10th of the original volume will give you 30% H2O2. Damn it. I dreamt last night that my pressure gauge on my pneumatic cannon was working...but alas. I J-B welded the thing in there, so I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to get it out.
|
|
#467
 2006-03-18, 18:36
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Ozzy Osbourne: i liek da cock 
I knew it all along. So this is why you like being an asshole.
|
|
#468
 2006-03-18, 18:41
|
|
Moderator
|
|
I live in Heresy
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
damn, talk about owned.
You're a snappy one, aren't you
|
|
#469
 2006-03-18, 19:42
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
warweed you chode
|
|
#470
 2006-03-18, 19:54
|
Spoony 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
 Just did my first HE synth. Made NC, got about 4g using brainfevers synth. Need to dry it now :P I also found myself a blasting site, the only problem is its pretty echoey. A 6g polumna (that had very thick sides and alot of tape around it) echoed about 3 or 4 times. Meh, it'll do.
|
|
#471
 2006-03-18, 20:02
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Ahh yes bitchs more sexy NC. I did another synth this week. It was slightly smaller then the last one using only 250mls of each acid and getting about a 70gram yeild of nitrocellulose. I left half of this at school so the teacher could play with it with the students, so right now I have over 60grams for detonation.
Also I got 10 more thermometers from school and have over 20grams of Mercury extraced. That shit is sexy, I was playing with it today and I put a quater on it and it was cool the quater would stay on top and if you pushed it down under the mercury it would pop back up. Gotta love those super dense liquid metals.
I have some pictures of the NC and mercury as well as the Big cob I plan on doing.
awesome NC http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/SexyNC.jpg
sexy cob http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/SEXYCOB.jpg
my awesome fuse stockpile http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/Myfusestockpile.jpg mercury http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Pyrogangsta/SEXYSEXYHG.jpg
|
|
#472
 2006-03-18, 20:10
|
Panda Ranger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
how much did all that fuse cost? where u get it?
|
|
#473
 2006-03-18, 20:32
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Cannonfuse.com and it cost me probably $30 I think. I got it a LONG time ago like 2 years ago. I got the main 200ft of green fuse for half off. I Had orded some fuse from there and on my mistake thought I had ordered the visco fuse the first time but it was the chinese fuse. SO when I ordered again and got the american it was differnt and bigger and not what I thought and I complained to the guy and he was like "Well I ahve 200ft of some visco that is a little thin on some parts but ill give it to you at 100ft price if youd like for the trouble' And yea so I got it really cheap. Plus he threw in 14inchs of 1/4in time fuse a foot or two of the red, the redwhite and blue american visco and a few feet of the chinese fuse. I was pretty lucky and the guy from cannon fuse is a nice guy.
|
|
#474
 2006-03-18, 20:39
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I....envy you.
But that's okay, because I finally solved my pressure gauge problem. It seems some of the J-B weld I used to seal it in flowed over the hole! No wonder. Now all I need to do is J-B it back on and make sure it doesn't flow over the hole again! I kinda wish it would just seal without any kind of epoxy though...do you think if I put enough teflon tape on the brass threading that it would seal perfectly?
|
|
#475
 2006-03-18, 21:40
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
You could epoxy in a brass fitting that the gauge screws into, then put teflon tape on its threads for a better seal, but i suppose it isn't really necessary, this way you could take it out. Though why you would ever need to take it out is a mystery to me.
In other news im thinking of getting a tablet, tablet as in those neato things that you draw on with a pen and it is sent to the computer via USB. Kinda like those things that you sign on for UPS packages, except like 100x cooler. I may finally be able to use up some of my giftcards (I have ~10)... Oh, software too.
|
|
#476
 2006-03-18, 21:42
|
insaneScorcerer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
hey what do you guys think of pottassium bichcromate and Al for flash.
people have been telling me to make some peroxides for my first HEs but from what ive read about them they are so sensitive that it would be less dangerous to make NG than it would be to make say AP. so why should i start with them.
|
|
#477
 2006-03-18, 21:52
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
The logic is that with something like AP or MEKP, you learn good handling and synthing habits. It is actually quite hard to have an AP reaction run away, but NG is rather easy to have run away and if it does, it can easily kill you from the fumes even if it DOESN'T blow up. Pulmonary edema is not a good way to go.
My first HE was actually nitrocellulose. The synth of it is much more tame than NG.
|
|
#478
 2006-03-18, 21:54
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I have a tablet, and it's not that great. Even with photoshop, it's much more accurate to use a mouse. You always have to switch between the two, as it's nigh impossible to navigate the OS with the pen.
NC itself might be safer than AP, but it is more complex and dangerous to make. If you screw up, you could have lots of toxic gases everywhere. The sensitivity of AP can never be properly described. You have to get a feel for it on your own.
|
|
#479
 2006-03-18, 22:55
|
lacrima97 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Has anyone ever actually detonated nitrocellulose pure?
|
|
#480
 2006-03-18, 22:56
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yea NC is dangerous in that it can runaway but it would take a retarded monkey to screw up an NC synth as long as you use an ICE bath. I mean runaway is hard to get ive done nitrations with no ice bath and had no problem. As long as he adds the cotton semi slowly he will be fine.
You should get LE experince first though instead of going straight to HES. But yes AP may be more sensitive but it is a good first HE. I started with NC and then went to AP. As long as your safe and responsible with it there is not much to worry about its when you get sloppy and irresponsible that bad things happen. Not saying that accidents don't happen.
|
|
#481
 2006-03-18, 23:33
|
Ozzy Osbourne 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by AprenticeChemist: Yea NC is dangerous in that it can runaway but it would take a retarded monkey to screw up an NC synth as long as you use an ICE bath. I mean runaway is hard to get ive done nitrations with no ice bath and had no problem. As long as he adds the cotton semi slowly he will be fine.
You should get LE experince first though instead of going straight to HES. But yes AP may be more sensitive but it is a good first HE. I started with NC and then went to AP. As long as your safe and responsible with it there is not much to worry about its when you get sloppy and irresponsible that bad things happen. Not saying that accidents don't happen.
tell that to starkinfe
|
|
#482
 2006-03-18, 23:35
|
SHIMSTAR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
synthing AP is fairly easy. its just the way you handle and store it and stuff, being extremely careful around it that kinda thing. it was my first HE. Basically synthing HE's are all about following directions, exactly. if you cant do that, maybe you should learn that skill first rather than sything HE's. And it doesnt stop there. You need know how powerful these things are and what not to do and what to do basically experience. If I recall i remember reading on totse about a member who had a APAN charge that wouldnt go off. so he went over and kicked it and then BOOOOOM.
|
|
#483
 2006-03-18, 23:38
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Thanks Tzar, but i really want one, my mouse is crap and i have to zoom in all the way when im trying to get good details, with actually drawing lines zoomed in i will be able to work much faster, i think ill like it. What kind do you have? I'm going to get the Wacom graphire4 4x5 right now. Literally, walking out the door, peace!
|
|
#484
 2006-03-18, 23:39
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by AprenticeChemist: Yea NC is dangerous in that it can runaway but it would take a retarded monkey to screw up an NC synth as long as you use an ICE bath.
I don't mean runaway nitrations. Evolving deadly NOx gas is very easy to do.
|
|
#485
 2006-03-18, 23:58
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
AC, I got one of them CO2 tanks too....  Sentinel, if there is 1 inch of surface area on your gauge and there is 40PSI in the tank there will be 40 lb just begging to blow that bitch out. So, no, just tap the hole or use epoxy. I have made very good NC. I used 1/3 the cotton the synth said. I also let it nitrate for 3 1\2 hours. 
|
|
#486
 2006-03-19, 00:00
|
tingtonger 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
I've got a 4x5 Graphire and it's doing me perfect. In my opinion it's way more accurate than a mouse and it's alot quicker, mainly while doing frame-by-frame animations in flash.
|
|
#487
 2006-03-19, 00:54
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: I don't mean runaway nitrations. Evolving deadly NOx gas is very easy to do.
Yeah white fumes are no fun...but still if you pay attention to what you're doing it's pretty hard to fuck up. The main things you have to do are add your nitrate slowly (like 20 minutes...or even longer) and keep it cool. You also have to add the cotton slowly, although I've thrown a whole 2g batch in right away w/o problems. I think I let that one nitrate in an ice bath though. The only time I've ever had problems with NOx is when I try and take the nitrated cotton out and neutralize it. That was me just being careless though.
|
|
#488
 2006-03-19, 01:14
|
AprenticeChemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Yea the NOx fumes are bad but as long as you do it outside you'll be fine and I doubt anyone is stupid enough to sit there and just keep breathign the fumes. Its easily delt with since you oonly have to stir every five miniutes(well I do anyway) so you only would have to deal with it a little bit.
Wait what happend to starknife?
|
|
#489
 2006-03-19, 01:31
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Spatula, I hate to have to ask this, but can nitrocellulose lacquer be purchased from anyware? Could I use an acrylic coat instead of the NC lacquer? (I have a lot of acrylic coat left from when I coated a car w/ the acrylic coat, so I want to use it in a constructive way, or deconsructive). Thanks!
|
|
#490
 2006-03-19, 01:35
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by lacrima97: Has anyone ever actually detonated nitrocellulose pure?
Me!
|
|
#491
 2006-03-19, 02:10
|
smokeymcpot420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Check this out! http:/ /www.color ado.edu/ph ysics/phet /simulatio ns/project ilemotion/ projectile.swf The site: http://www.colorado.edu/physics/phet/web-pages/index.html
|
|
#492
 2006-03-19, 02:21
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Well, i got it, and im already pleased! Now its time to try to do some real work with it. Navigation is slightly weird, mabey a bit slower, but its kinda like using a different handed persons mouse, it isn't that bad.
Mmmmmmm... calzones first...
|
|
#493
 2006-03-19, 02:36
|
lacrima97 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by kwstag: Me!
Did it partially det, or did it go all the way. It should have about the same power as ng I believe, I think the vod's are similar, and so are the trauzel tests.....
|
|
#494
 2006-03-19, 02:40
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by cartmanblue: Spatula, I hate to have to ask this, but can nitrocellulose lacquer be purchased from anyware? Could I use an acrylic coat instead of the NC lacquer? (I have a lot of acrylic coat left from when I coated a car w/ the acrylic coat, so I want to use it in a constructive way, or deconsructive). Thanks!
Impure nitrocellulose for lacquers can be made from ping pong balls dissolved in acetone. Acrylic also dissolves in acetone. What do you want to do with it?
|
|
#495
 2006-03-19, 03:01
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: Impure nitrocellulose for lacquers can be made from ping pong balls dissolved in acetone. Acrylic also dissolves in acetone. What do you want to do with it?
I was hoping to use acrylic in place of the nitrocellulose lacquer (for the squibs), since I have so much...do you think it will work for squibs?
|
|
#496
 2006-03-19, 03:09
|
kwstag 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by lacrima97: Did it partially det, or did it go all the way. It should have about the same power as ng I believe, I think the vod's are similar, and so are the trauzel tests.....
It was a very small amount but I did get it to det.. I have the vid, you can't tell much but yes. It also made a hole in my yard. It was a full det. VoD NC = 7,300. NG = 7,700 BTW Im packing up pyro tomorrow night until summer comes around bc I'm in trouble and I need to focus on school. I'll still be here and I'll still talk and stuff but no more until summer. [This message has been edited by kwstag (edited 03-19-2006).]
|
|
#497
 2006-03-19, 03:54
|
asilentbob 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Quick_flowe rs_off_the _wall 1024x768, you have been warned! My second quick sketch with the tablet, the first was my hand. When i did this is was in an approximatly 4x5 window, not huge, zoomed out rather than in. I likey me some more o this shiaz! EDIT: link fix Edit2: Ok, lets see if this works... Edit3: Yes, i went overboard with the smearing... [This message has been edited by asilentbob (edited 03-19-2006).]
|
|
#498
 2006-03-19, 04:00
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
bob the ub is fixxed but the link is broken
|
|
#499
 2006-03-19, 04:16
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by cartmanblue: I was hoping to use acrylic in place of the nitrocellulose lacquer (for the squibs), since I have so much...do you think it will work for squibs?
The only problem with acrylic is it requires oxygen to burn, but it might get hot enough to ignite your device anyway. Mixing it with AP or BP might help. Or you might not need a lacquer at all. What are you going to use it in? Firecracker squibs don't need it.
|
|
#500
 2006-03-19, 04:36
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
quote: Originally posted by Spatula Tzar: The only problem with acrylic is it requires oxygen to burn, but it might get hot enough to ignite your device anyway. Mixing it with AP or BP might help. Or you might not need a lacquer at all. What are you going to use it in? Firecracker squibs don't need it.
Thanks, I was thinking about dipping the squibs in the acrylic instead of the NC lacquer. But I guess I can't.
|
|
#501
 2006-03-19, 05:46
|
Spatula Tzar 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Acrylic will work great for coating firecracker squibs. The only chemical reaction takes place inside the cardboard tube; the outside never burns.
|
|
#502
 2006-03-19, 06:05
|
|
|
Re: Pyro Related Random Thread (PRRT) #29
Going, going, going... closed!
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|