|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Politics: Left, Right, and Center National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought. |
 |
|
#1
 2006-03-19, 23:26
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan man who allegedly converted from Islam to Christianity is being prosecuted in a Kabul court and could be sentenced to death, a judge said Sunday. The defendant, Abdul Rahman, was arrested last month after his family went to the police and accused him of becoming a Christian, Judge Ansarullah Mawlavezada told Associated Press in an interview. Such a conversion would violate the country's Islamic laws. Rahman, who is believed to be 41, was charged with rejecting Islam when his trial started last week, the judge said. During the hearing, the defendant allegedly confessed that he converted from Islam to Christianity 16 years ago when he was 25 and working as a medical aid worker for Afghan refugees in neighboring Pakistan, Mawlavezada said. Afghanistan's constitution is based on Shariah law, which states that any Muslim who rejects their religion should be sentenced to death. "We are not against any particular religion in the world. But in Afghanistan, this sort of thing is against the law," the judge said. "It is an attack on Islam. ... The prosecutor is asking for the death penalty." The prosecutor, Abdul Wasi, said the case was the first of its kind in Afghanistan. He said that he had offered to drop the charges if Rahman changed his religion back to Islam, but the defendant refused. Mawlavezada said he would rule on the case within two months. Afghanistan is a deeply conservative society and 99 percent of its 28 million people are Muslim. The rest are mainly Hindus. ____________________________________________________________________ Yes, it is surely Bush and his Christian cohorts that are spurning this war. Christians are the affliction of the world, with their fanaticism and their convictions !  And yet you kids come to this forum, and INSIST that if we only left the nice Muslims alone, everything would be ok. It's time to get your heads out of your asses, and realize that everything is not as ABC would like you to think. Islam doesn't care about anyone or anything. They want complete control, and if someone deviates they will be murdered. There are only two reasons why you rejects would think that this is somehow OUR fault: 1. You're stupid. 2. You hate America. And you call US easily led !
|
|
#2
 2006-03-19, 23:50
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that government come about as a result of America?
|
|
#3
 2006-03-20, 00:25
|
cosmo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that government come about as a result of America?
lol...Time for an invasion! Oh wait... :\
|
|
#4
 2006-03-20, 00:33
|
wearealldamaged 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that government come about as a result of America?
Ha! Nice reply. =) Anyways... 1. "Islam doesn't care about anyone or anything. They want complete control, and if someone deviates they will be murdered." Yes, because the fanatic laws of one country are reason to condem an entire people. I've been over there, there are plenty of perfectly nice, sane muslims as well. 2. Places like Afganistan are still evolving as a society. If I recall correctly, Christianity has a few skeletons in their past *cough cough spanish inquisition cough*. What they need is to develope further, and to not be bombed back into the stone age, because as the phrase implies, it leads to regression rather then progress. 3. I dont hate America (and I'm certianly not stupid), however I do hate the Bush adminastration. I think the war in Afganistan was needed, the talibitches needed a good ass kicking, as did Sadam Insane. However that said, I dont think the U.S. went about either war very well, and I do not consider any unnessesary civilian casualties to be acceptable. Taking the time and spending the money to make sure that the innocent are protected is what is suppose to make us the good guys. (PS. I use the term "us" rather loosely since I'm Canadian =P)
|
|
#5
 2006-03-20, 00:34
|
|
Regular
|
|
The land of milk and honey
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior:
Islam doesn't care about anyone or anything. They want complete control, and if someone deviates they will be murdered.
Look obviously Islam has a problem with fundamentalism, and obviously there are crazy clerics out there and terribly oppressive theocracy's as this is proof of. And yes obviously this incident is an example of all that. Also, like the above poster said, Afghanistan is a third world war ridden country for the most part, of course there's going to be oppression, and because of it's population, that oppression manifests itself as draconian Islamic laws. That being said, there are many many moderate peaceful muslims out there, and a quote like that, while not placing you at the level of a murderous cleric, does obviously show you to be fanatical and unreasonable, just on the side of another religion. You talk like this is some global struggle and like it's nescessary (even more rediculous, possible) to somehow wipe out Islam. In short, your crazy woman. Anyway, I hope this guy gets out alive. Seeing as the Afghani gov. wants Canadian troops there, Canada should pressure for his release. [This message has been edited by great_sage=heaven (edited 03-20-2006).]
|
|
#6
 2006-03-20, 00:36
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
So the entire religion of Islam is evil because people in Afghanistan decide that converting out of Islam is bad? That's like saying Christianity is evil because the Nazis killed Jews.
|
|
#7
 2006-03-20, 00:40
|
cosmo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: originally posted by Digial_Savior: Islam doesn't care about anyone or anything. They want complete control, and if someone deviates they will be murdered.
Look who's talking...
|
|
#8
 2006-03-20, 00:40
|
buttthrax 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
Not really because the Nazis were not Christian. It is a common liberal lie that they were.
|
|
#9
 2006-03-20, 00:41
|
Niggers_With_Attitude 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
well it looks like we obviously invaded afghanistan to spread freedom
|
|
#10
 2006-03-20, 00:45
|
postdiluvium 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't that government come about as a result of America?
Same thing is going to happen in Iraq. Possibly Iran, if Bush decides to go there.
|
|
#11
 2006-03-20, 00:57
|
Atomical 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior: And yet you kids come to this forum, and INSIST that if we only left the nice Muslims alone, everything would be ok.
So American lives are worth the religious freedom of an Islamic man in a foreign country who has implicitly agreed to follow Islamic laws? I don't see how this affects me.
|
|
#12
 2006-03-20, 00:58
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
What you idiots fail to understand is how, unlike the Soviets, we never tried to forcibly change the people.
Alot of you leftist fucknuts think that this is a war on Islam, and the poor muslims are so oppressed by their Christian invaders when really we've pretty much promoted quasi-Islamic states in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't really like it, but then again the people there are all ignorant anyways. It's not like they know what the fuck separaation of Mosque and the fucking courthouse are. I think Iraq had the potential of becomming secular like 40 years ago, but not now. And Afghanistan is a hill billy country. It'll never change.
|
|
#13
 2006-03-20, 01:10
|
Fuzzball3000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by book em dano: What you idiots fail to understand is how, unlike the Soviets, we never tried to forcibly change the people.
Alot of you leftist fucknuts think that this is a war on Islam, and the poor muslims are so oppressed by their Christian invaders when really we've pretty much promoted quasi-Islamic states in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't really like it, but then again the people there are all ignorant anyways. It's not like they know what the fuck separaation of Mosque and the fucking courthouse are. I think Iraq had the potential of becomming secular like 40 years ago, but not now. And Afghanistan is a hill billy country. It'll never change.
|
|
#14
 2006-03-20, 01:20
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by book em dano: [B][/B]
You seem to miss the point my angry little friend. What happened to all the freedom promised to the Afghanies after the US got rid of the horrible Taliban who were so evil because they executed people over trifling little religious matters?
|
|
#15
 2006-03-20, 01:31
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: You seem to miss the point my angry little friend. What happened to all the freedom promised to the Afghanies after the US got rid of the horrible Taliban who were so evil because they executed people over trifling little religious matters?
The Afghanis have freedom, because now their government is more organized; plus they can actually use a TV or a camera now.. They can't have religious freedom, because religion is too sacred for those people and the country is like 99.9% muslim. If you force them to change that, they'll take offense to it. That's what the Soviets did.
|
|
#16
 2006-03-20, 01:44
|
Niggers_With_Attitude 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
so trite commercialization that no one in afghanistan can afford anyway constitutes freedom?
|
|
#17
 2006-03-20, 01:55
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
You know, let me ask you leftists a good question:
What's so cool about the Taliban?
|
|
#18
 2006-03-20, 02:00
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by book em dano: You know, let me ask you leftists a good question:
What's so cool about the Taliban?
Who said they were good? It's just that this kinda shit was supposed to end.
|
|
#19
 2006-03-20, 02:04
|
wearealldamaged 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Fuzzball3000
quote: Originally posted by book em dano: What you idiots fail to understand is how, unlike the Soviets, we never tried to forcibly change the people.
Alot of you leftist fucknuts think that this is a war on Islam, and the poor muslims are so oppressed by their Christian invaders when really we've pretty much promoted quasi-Islamic states in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't really like it, but then again the people there are all ignorant anyways. It's not like they know what the fuck separaation of Mosque and the fucking courthouse are. I think Iraq had the potential of becomming secular like 40 years ago, but not now. And Afghanistan is a hill billy country. It'll never change.
|
It'll never change? Bullshit, everything changes sooner or later. The reason people are ignorant is because they've never been educated, the reason they've never been educated is because their country is broke and lacking in social infrastructure. I think the Americans were right to shit kick the Talibitches, but now that it's been done, the country needs actual repair work.
|
|
#20
 2006-03-20, 02:08
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: Who said they were good? It's just that this kinda shit was supposed to end.
You can't take out the fundamentalist element now, expecially now that they've only just begun to heal their country after years of war. Afghanistan is a mostly backwards nation. It's never been really united and funamentalist Islam has always been strong. So I think it's safe to say that expecting a modern, westernized, secular democracy from Afghanistan is pipe dream.
|
|
#21
 2006-03-20, 02:10
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by book em dano: So I think it's safe to say that expecting a modern, westernized, secular democracy from Afghanistan is pipe dream.
I think thats what a lot of supporters of the war were expecting.
|
|
#22
 2006-03-20, 02:11
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by wearealldamaged: It'll never change? Bullshit, everything changes sooner or later. The reason people are ignorant is because they've never been educated, the reason they've never been educated is because their country is broke and lacking in social infrastructure. I think the Americans were right to shit kick the Talibitches, but now that it's been done, the country needs actual repair work.
So what do you propose we do?
|
|
#23
 2006-03-20, 02:49
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by cosmo: Look who's talking...
Who ? Can't be Christians, because our dogma tells us that murdering people is bad, for ANY reason. Now kindly STFU.
|
|
#24
 2006-03-20, 02:53
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Atomical: So American lives are worth the religious freedom of an Islamic man in a foreign country who has implicitly agreed to follow Islamic laws? I don't see how this affects me.
Um....I don't see why I should answer any of your questions, since it's obvious that you are purposely evading the point. The point is, you bastards make America and Christianity out to be these horrific institutions, yet refuse to acknowledge the atrocities that occur in the wonderful world of Islam. It's not a surprise to me that you don't think it affects you when a country kills it's Christian adherents, in the name of Allah, though it concerns you deeply that America is killing terrorists in the name of self-preservation. Really, it's not surprising what a hypocrite you really are.
|
|
#25
 2006-03-20, 02:54
|
wearealldamaged 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by book em dano: So what do you propose we do?
Cancel their debt (if they have one), and help them build/rebuild homes, schools, hospitals, farmland, and so on so forth. Get some sort of economy going, once people are able to make a decent living, they dont tend to be as willing to put up with fanatics/fanaticism. Then once you've helped them back on their feet, leave. Oh, and before anyone accuses me of trying to shift the burden, Canada is there too, and I'd be perfectly happy to pay a little more in taxes if it was going towards helping them rebuild and prosper.
|
|
#26
 2006-03-20, 02:56
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by mistro5000: So the entire religion of Islam is evil because people in Afghanistan decide that converting out of Islam is bad? That's like saying Christianity is evil because the Nazis killed Jews.
Uh, no...we have thousands of other reasons to believe that Islam is evil. Wake up.
|
|
#27
 2006-03-20, 02:59
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: You seem to miss the point my angry little friend. What happened to all the freedom promised to the Afghanies after the US got rid of the horrible Taliban who were so evil because they executed people over trifling little religious matters?
Should we occupy their country FOREVER ? Sometimes people are incapable of being helped. At some point, we have to just take our chips and cash them in. I hardly see how we are responsible for them holding fast to their archaic beliefs. Unfortunately, it's all they've got, besides oil, so I don't see it changing any time soon. America can only promise (and force) so much. This horrific state of affairs is the result of the barbaric tenets of the Qur'an, not anything America did or didn't do.
|
|
#28
 2006-03-20, 03:00
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by buttthrax: Not really because the Nazis were not Christian. It is a common liberal lie that they were.
Yes they were. Hitler met with members of the vatican all the time.
|
|
#29
 2006-03-20, 03:04
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior: Who ?
Can't be Christians, because our dogma tells us that murdering people is bad, for ANY reason.
Now kindly STFU.
Oh, but you do it anyway. Islam tells people that murder is bad, and they do it anyway. People love money, and the easiest way to get money is by killing people. The easiest way to kill people is by convincing yourself that god wants you to.
|
|
#30
 2006-03-20, 03:04
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by wearealldamaged: Cancel their debt (if they have one), and help them build/rebuild homes, schools, hospitals, farmland, and so on so forth. Get some sort of economy going, once people are able to make a decent living, they dont tend to be as willing to put up with fanatics/fanaticism. Then once you've helped them back on their feet, leave.
I'm sorry, but humanity has proven to behave the exact opposite of what you are proposing here. People thrive during times of adversity and trial. If there was EVER a time for the people to revolt against their oppressive governments, war would be the best time. Arabs are just too damn brainwashed. They are terrified of change, and they can't think beyond the walls of their mosques. They don't need houses and schools to overcome this oppression, they need education and desire. At this point, they have very little of either, and I hardly see how it is our responsibility to provide them with either. We built them homes and schools....and now they are killing a Christian man, because he rejects Islam.
|
|
#31
 2006-03-20, 03:07
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by mistro5000: Oh, but you do it anyway. Islam tells people that murder is bad, and they do it anyway.
Where are muslims told that murder is bad ? Also, if you're pegging Bush's war on Christianity, you're an idiot. If a Christian murders, they are in direct violation of God's commandements, and will be judged by Him accordingly. Also, they will be tried for their crimes here on earth. Christianity doesn't condone murder ever. Islam does, though ! quote: People love money, and the easiest way to get money is by killing people. The easiest way to kill people is by convincing yourself that god wants you to.
I fail to see how the Afghan government is going to benefit monetarily from murdering this dood. Way to build a strawman there, doll.
|
|
#32
 2006-03-20, 03:13
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by mistro5000: Yes they were. Hitler met with members of the vatican all the time.
1. Proof ? 2. So what ? Catholic leaders have proven to be the worst "Christians" EVER. God is obviously not the motivation for much of the men in cloth... power is. You are going to have a pretty hard time proving that simply because Hitler saw the power and wealth that Catholics possessed and how it could benefit him, he was a Christian. Everything that man said and did was completely opposite of Christian beliefs. You should judge a Christian by his fruits...meaning, if a person is a murderous tyrant, HE ISN'T A CHRISTIAN !!!  I think I have told you this before, but you really ought to read a Bible so you can actually come up with a decent argument against us. Ignorance does not a good argument make.
|
|
#33
 2006-03-20, 03:14
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior:
America can only promise (and force) so much.
So...what happens to all this freedom that was promised by the US? I mean, that's what they went in for, right? Freedom? Why, in that case, is a US backed president and government behaving like this?
|
|
#34
 2006-03-20, 03:14
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
Ever heard of the Amelekites? God told David to kill everyone (for no reason, btw) and he went and did it. Killed every man, woman, and child.
In the quran, it says that to kill one man is to kill all men, and that to save one man is to save all men. Most of the places in the quran where it says to kill either are preceded by something that makes it painfully obvious that it is in self defence, or it is implied that you should kill this way (strike off heads) as opposed to another way (stab them and wait for them to bleed out). Of course, like the bible, it is all up for interpretation now.
Anyways, the part I put about money is basically saying that the terrorists and killers don't love god, they love money and power, and are using faith to thier advantage.
|
|
#35
 2006-03-20, 03:20
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior: You should judge a Christian by his fruits...meaning, if a person is a murderous tyrant, HE ISN'T A CHRISTIAN !!! 
So why are extremists who claim to be Christian excused but extremists who claim to be Muslim aren't? I mean, using your logic, couldn't you say that you should judge a Muslim by his fruits? If they're a murderous terrorist they're not a muslim.
|
|
#36
 2006-03-20, 03:22
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
I have read a bible, I was a christian for a while, than I converted to Islam. Anyways, If a man kills a helpless civilian who has done nothing wrong, he is not a muslim. Muslims are supposed to stop tyranny, not perpetuate it.
"Let there arise among you a band of people who invite to rightiousness, and enjoin good, and forbid evil" (3:104)
Unfortunately, as I said, this is very open to interpretation, so while my version of good and rightious is leading a humble life of helping people, marrying a wife, and having some babies, their version is killing people and dying soon after.
An in case anyone is wondering, I convertyed out because I didn't believe the who thing about Jesus being god and such. I guess I never really did. Eventually I read the quran, and found that I believed most of it already.
[This message has been edited by mistro5000 (edited 03-20-2006).]
|
|
#37
 2006-03-20, 03:33
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by mistro5000: I have read a bible, I was a christian for a while, than I converted to Islam.
Oh, here we go !!! Now we have the real reason why you defend these maniacs. Why didn't you just say so before ? It's obvious to me that if you did in fact read the Bible, you didn't comprehend a shred of it, or else you'd know that murder is strictly forbidden. If you think the OT tells Christians how to live their lives...well, it's no wonder you converted. *shakes head sadly* quote: Anyways, If a man kills a helpless civilian who has done nothing wrong, he is not a muslim. Muslims are supposed to stop tyranny, not perpetuate it.
Can you tell me where in the Qur'an it says that ? I'm being serious. I am pretty sure rejection of Allah is an offense punishable by death. The Afghan government is acting in accordance with the commandments of Allah, as outlined in the Qur'an. quote: "Let there arise among you a band of people who invite to rightiousness, and enjoin good, and forbid evil" (3:104)
Unfortunately, as I said, this is very open to interpretation, so while my version of good and rightious is leading a humble life of helping people, marrying a wife, and having some babies, their version is killing people and dying soon after.
"Open to interpretation" isn't going to cut it. Either Afghanistan is following the tenets of Islam, or it isn't. Being that 99% of their population is Muslim, I'd find it very hard to believe that this law of "rejection of Islam" isn't based on a Qur'anic commandment.
|
|
#38
 2006-03-20, 03:36
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: So why are extremists who claim to be Christian excused but extremists who claim to be Muslim aren't?
I mean, using your logic, couldn't you say that you should judge a Muslim by his fruits? If they're a murderous terrorist they're not a muslim.
Because Christians are commanded SPECIFICALLY not to murder, while there are several commandments in the Qur'an instructing it's adherents to murder unbelievers. It's never ok to murder...not in Christianity, or elsewhere. I make no excuses for anyone. I am attempting to make sure the facts are clear here, since it is obvious that they aren't. The "fruits" of a Muslim are based on Qur'anic texts. Those texts demand the blood of infidels. End of story.
|
|
#39
 2006-03-20, 03:37
|
napoleon_complex 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior: 2. So what ? Catholic leaders have proven to be the worst "Christians" EVER. God is obviously not the motivation for much of the men in cloth...[b]power is. You are going to have a pretty hard time proving that simply because Hitler saw the power and wealth that Catholics possessed and how it could benefit him, he was a Christian.[/b]
Though they were bad christians, you are definitely giving them a run for their money. You intolerance is mind boggling, not to mention your blatant ignorance. I'm disgusted after reading your posts. quote: You should judge a Christian by his fruits...meaning, if a person is a murderous tyrant, HE ISN'T A CHRISTIAN !!! 
I think I have told you this before, but you really ought to read a Bible so you can actually come up with a decent argument against us.
I'm going to go out on a limb here. Have you EVER thought og applying this same line of thought to other religions? I mean, it's just as stupid to judge christianity by Pat Robertson and other retarded fundamentalists as it is to judge Islam by their retarded fundamentalists. By the way, how much of the Koran have you read? Another thing, there are quite a few threads you and I had going that you've seemed to have forgotten about. What do you propose we do about that? I'd like to continue the discussion, but appears that you don't. If you don't want to talk about the ACLU or Catholicism(for whatever reasons), then just say it. [This message has been edited by napoleon_complex (edited 03-20-2006).]
|
|
#40
 2006-03-20, 03:39
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: So...what happens to all this freedom that was promised by the US? I mean, that's what they went in for, right? Freedom?
You failed to answer my question. Should we occupy Afghanistan forever ? I certainly don't want our soldiers or our tax dollars going toward the eternal occupation of Afghanistan. quote: Why, in that case, is a US backed president and government behaving like this?
Behaving like what, and what exactly does this have to do with the thread ? 
|
|
#41
 2006-03-20, 03:43
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
I have said I was muslim before, but nobody listened, because I making logical arguments and not screaming over the internet. Anyways, All religious holy books are open to interpretation. The bible is, and the quran is. Also, I am not defending terrorists, I am defending normal muslims like myself, who, whether you believe it or not, make up the majority of muslims. You just don't notice them because they are quiet and mostly just live thier lives without making a fuss or killing anyone.
|
|
#42
 2006-03-20, 03:47
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
Wow, this thread has taken off. quote: Originally posted by mistro5000: Yes they were. Hitler met with members of the vatican all the time.
No he didn't. The Nazi's weren't Christian, as Christianity is an Abrahamic religion. The Nazis were atheists and a minority practiced some kind of neo-Norse paganism thing.
|
|
#43
 2006-03-20, 03:48
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior:
We built them homes and schools....and now they are killing a Christian man, because he rejects Islam.
Afghans are not arabs.
|
|
#44
 2006-03-20, 03:51
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
Modern day Islam has a problem with fundamentalism. Don't deny it.
|
|
#45
 2006-03-20, 03:53
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: You failed to answer my question.
Should we occupy Afghanistan forever?
And you failed to answer mine. quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior: Behaving like what, and what exactly does this have to do with the thread ? 
Look at the title of the thread. Why is an American backed government behaving in a similar manner to it's predecessor which was apparently so bad that one of the reasons the they were overthrown was because of actions like this. [This message has been edited by Shotties (edited 03-20-2006).]
|
|
#46
 2006-03-20, 03:53
|
mistro5000 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by book em dano: Modern day Islam has a problem with fundamentalism. Don't deny it.
People have problems with hating each other. The labels we give ourselves are only a tool to hate each other more easily.
|
|
#47
 2006-03-20, 03:55
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior:
The "fruits" of a Muslim are based on Qur'anic texts. Those texts demand the blood of infidels.
End of story.
So how come Christians get to be judged individually on their actions and Muslims as a whole get judged on their holy text?
|
|
#48
 2006-03-20, 03:57
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: Look at the title of the thread. Why is an American backed government behaving in a similar manner to it's predecessor which was apparently so bad that one of the reasons the they were overthrown was because of actions like this.
Wow, I didn't know the current government of Afghanistan welcomed terrorists with open arms.
|
|
#49
 2006-03-20, 03:59
|
book em dano 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by Shotties: So how come Christians get to be judged individually on their actions and Muslims as a whole get judged on their holy text?
'Cause fundamentalist Christians don't cut people's heads off. God, I love that one.
|
|
#50
 2006-03-20, 03:59
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Afghan Man Prosecuted for Converting to Christianity
quote: Originally posted by napoleon_complex: I'm going to go out on a limb here. Have you EVER thought og applying this same line of thought to other religions? I mean, it's just as stupid to judge christianity by Pat Robertson and other retarded fundamentalists as it is to judge Islam by their retarded fundamentalists.
I agree 100%, however I think it is also important to judge the religion by it's tenets. If a Christian murders, they have sinned against God. If they have done so in the name of God, then they can't possibly be Christian. If a Muslim murders, it all depends on WHO they murdered and WHY, when considering whether it is sinful or not. I am not picking out the worst of Islam and saying, "SEE HERE ?!!! SEE WHAT MUSLIMS DO !!!" The scriptures in the Qur'an are clear, and Jihadist's murder out of loyalty to Allah, which is what Allah has commanded them to do. quote: By the way, how much of the Koran have you read?
I'm reading it now (the translated bastardized version, I assume). The verses I found regarding violence against infidels prompted me to read the whole thing. It's not easy to stomach, but I am going to try and get through all of it. On average, it takes 3-4 years to thoroughly read the Bible, and considering language barriers and translation issues, I suspect it will take me at LEAST that long. If you are trying to insinuate that I have no grounds to base my assumptions of Islam on, based on the fact that I haven't read the whole thing, that's utterly ridiculous, since a simple Google search can produce the information I needed to come to the conclusions I have. quote: Another thing, there are quite a few threads you and I had going that you've seemed to have forgotten about. What do you propose we do about that? I'd like to continue the discussion, but appears that you don't. If you don't want to talk about the ACLU or Catholicism(for whatever reasons), then just say it.
I am actively involved in several threads in My God currently...why didn't you bring this up over there ? I do not recall a thread about the ACLU....  As for teh Catholicism thread, I kept meaning to get to it, and then I forgot. Bump it please.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|