|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| My God Can Beat the Shit Out of Your God For discussing any and all religious viewpoints. Intolerance will not be tolerated. Keeping your sense of humor is required. Posting messages about theological paradoxes is encouraged. |
 |
|
#1
 2006-03-18, 18:13
|
-Morb- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
I was having a good debate about this with some friends the other day, and now I'm curious as to what Jesus or the bible says about this most difficult of subjects:
Child molesters can't be cured, and will continue to strike again and again thoughout their lives. I think they should just kill themselves, out of a sense of duty to humanity and for their own sake.
It's tragic, because some of them don't seem to cultivate such a desire, it seems to just spring up in them from an early age (at least if the pedophiles I've heard during interviews on television are to be believed).
For the sake of argument, let's say someone is born with pedophile tendencies which manifest later in life. The only options I see open for that individual according to Christian doctrine are three possiblilities:
1. That person prays for guidance, and hopes that by some extremely rare miracle, they are able to live a life without being a danger to children. Maybe by moving into the woods away from everybody or something, I don't know. Seems irresponsible, like a time bomb waiting to go off.
2. That person seeks counsel, and if the counsel is any good, they will be locked up away from society forever. A fate where suicide begins to look good by comparison.
3. That person, regardless of any praying or counseling measures they've undertaken, simply waits until they give in to temptation, and they harm a child. At which point they turn themselves in to the police. Again, another fate where suicide begins to look good by comparison.
Suicide I know is the ultimate mortal sin, and is never an option according to Christianity. But with this scenario, it seems like it would be the best option for both the pedophile and any potential victims the individual may harm (and "when" is usually more certain than "if"). What is a pedophile supposed to do?
I like to try and understand Christianity, so any serious answers here are appreciated. I consider this to be a very tough question that I've never heard anyone adequately explore before in this context.
[This message has been edited by -Morb- (edited 03-19-2006).]
|
|
#2
 2006-03-18, 18:15
|
Dragonsthrone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
I think that if a child molester was saved, then God would be able to change his life enough that his desires to be with children would disapear.
|
|
#3
 2006-03-18, 18:33
|
-Morb- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by Dragonsthrone: I think that if a child molester was saved, then God would be able to change his life enough that his desires to be with children would disapear.
That makes sense, except is there any recorded case of that happening? I've never heard of anyone being cured by God when it comes to this. I've heard of cancer victims who claim to have been miraculously cured, but never pedophiles. And I've heard of pedophiles who claim to pray to God every day to become cured of their condition. The curse of pedophilia seems to be a particularly unfair one for God to afflict anyone with. There's no option open for the individual that doesn't end in horrible tragedy.
|
|
#4
 2006-03-18, 21:51
|
super chick 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
I think they chould be locked in a cell for the rest of there life . I am a christian and thats why lots of other people on totse dont like what I have to say but here maybe some people that think as I do. I can not give a wright awnser to your question for I do not know the awnser but I will say what I think. put them in jail for life. are you a fallower of christ?
|
|
#5
 2006-03-18, 22:32
|
Atomical 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by Dragonsthrone: I think that if a child molester was saved, then God would be able to change his life enough that his desires to be with children would disapear.
Molesting children is a mental illness. Are you suggesting someone who is saved is free from depression and anxiety?
|
|
#6
 2006-03-18, 22:48
|
nLS 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
nothing wrong with touchin up a kid
|
|
#7
 2006-03-18, 23:51
|
Dragonsthrone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
I wasn't aware child molestation was classified as a mental illness, but if someone is saved, while they arn't free of depression, they would be a lot less likley to fall into it, because they can turn to Jesus. I havn't heard of anyone who was a child molester being saved and cured either, but theres alot i don't know. I also beleive that God is powerful enough to work in their lives and cure them. Its like homosexuals, they never stop looking at the same sex, but with the help of God they overcome their desires.
[This message has been edited by Dragonsthrone (edited 03-19-2006).]
|
|
#8
 2006-03-19, 03:31
|
Atomical 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by Dragonsthrone: I wasn't aware child molestation was classified as a mental illness, but if someone is saved, while they arn't free of depression, they would be a lot less likley to fall into it, because they can turn to Jesus.
You have any proof to support this?
|
|
#9
 2006-03-19, 03:51
|
ohhi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by super chick: I think they chould be locked in a cell for the rest of there life . I am a christian and thats why lots of other people on totse dont like what I have to say but here maybe some people that think as I do. I can not give a wright awnser to your question for I do not know the awnser but I will say what I think. put them in jail for life. are you a fallower of christ?
You are so dumb... it's not even funny.
|
|
#10
 2006-03-19, 05:27
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by Atomical: Molesting children is a mental illness. Are you suggesting someone who is saved is free from depression and anxiety?
But having sex with animals is not. You're a strange fellow, Atomical.
|
|
#11
 2006-03-19, 05:32
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by ohhi: You are so dumb... it's not even funny.
How many times does it need to be pointed out ?
|
|
#12
 2006-03-19, 05:37
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
Any and all sins are forgiven, if a person truly repents.
God can heal all things...including pedophilia.
Homosexuals are healed all the time.
It takes a willing heart. That is the only requirement.
However, there is no scientific evidence that people are born "pedophiles".
Something happens to them along the way (they are molested, or they see something horrible happen, or they are abused by their parents). It's a manifestation of something else that is "broken" inside of them, which means it can be "fixed".
None of the secular psychobabble is going to fix that sort of brokeness, however.
Only God can heal them.
The problem with the logic behind your post is that you are asking us to decide two things, but presenting it as one thing.
God can do all things, including healing and forgiving sinners. That's the answer I think you were really looking for, however you brought up what we should do with these people, as well.
I just wanted to make sure you saw the difference between what man can do, and what God can do.
|
|
#13
 2006-03-19, 07:22
|
Boblong 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
You seem to think they have no choice in the matter. Nothing forces a pedophile to hurt children other than his own desires. They don't need to pray to make the right decisions they can just make them.
|
|
#14
 2006-03-19, 08:46
|
ohhi 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior: How many times does it need to be pointed out ?
It was first one for me? I don't know. Point it out untill she becomes "less dumb"? haha And not all sins can be forgiven, you should know that.
|
|
#15
 2006-03-19, 10:04
|
|
Regular
|
|
.:six degrees of synesthesia:.
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
Are you going from thread to thread, just looking for my posts so you can make childish remarks about them ?  There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven, and that is rejection of God. Do not presume to know more than I do about Christianity.
|
|
#16
 2006-03-19, 12:10
|
napoleon_complex 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
God doesn't "heal" anyone with an illness. He saves them. There should be noted a clear and distinct difference between the two.
A homosexual who looks to God is not "healed or ridden of his homosexuality", he would be saved from it. The homosexuality is still there, just like the pedophile's urges would still be there. However, the difference would be that God gave them the power to overcome their "illness"(whether you want to classify homosexuality as an illness is up to you). It's the same premise as Alcoholics Anonymous. They aren't cured of their alcoholism, but rather, they're given the strength to overcome it.
|
|
#17
 2006-03-19, 15:23
|
-Morb- 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
^^I think I understand what you're talking about, NC, interesting point. But I still have never heard of anyone who has been saved from pedophilia. Even if there were such a person, I still wouldn't want them to, say, babysit my kids (for an extreme example). I would distrust the most convincing example of someone being saved in favor of the welfare of children.
I guess the real question may be is it possible for someone to be born with this sickness, or if it's always something that germinates later on. This particular sickness seems to be so different and so utterly abhorrent compared with practically anything else, that I wonder what purpose it could possibly serve in God's eyes to have people born with it.
In any case, I still think the most responsible thing to do for a pedophile would be to turn themselves in to some institution that would take them out of contact with society forever. Pretty grim.
|
|
#18
 2006-03-19, 16:50
|
Atomical 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by Digital_Savior: But having sex with animals is not.
You're a strange fellow, Atomical.
Until you can prove that the American Psychological Association is actively treating bestiality as a mental illness what I have said stands. EDIT: This is a pretty good example of ad hom. I've become the target of a hate website (butthrax) and now I'm being followed thread to thread with remarks that target my view of beastiality that has NOTHING to do with the thread topic. [This message has been edited by Atomical (edited 03-19-2006).]
|
|
#19
 2006-03-19, 16:56
|
hyroglyphx 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
[QUOTE]Originally posted by -Morb-: ^^I think I understand what you're talking about, NC, interesting point. But I still have never heard of anyone who has been saved from pedophilia. Even if there were such a person, I still wouldn't want them to, say, babysit my kids (for an extreme example). I would distrust the most convincing example of someone being saved in favor of the welfare of children.
I wouldn't let a pedophile, saved or not, babysit my children either... Forgiveness doesn't equal exoneration. For instance, suppose your girlfriend cheats on you. You're absolutely pissed. She calls you asking for forgiveness. You refuse because the wound is still so fresh. A few days goes by and you've evaluated the situation. She calls a again and asks for forgiveness. She made a stupid mistake, you recognize that, realizing that you too could have been tempted in the very same way. So, you forgive her. She breaths a sigh of relief, and asks when she can come over. You say, "Excuse me? Come over?" She's a bit perplexed. "Didn't you just forgive me?" You say, "Uh yeah, I did forgive you. You are forgiven. I hold no grudge against you, but since when does my forgivness force me to remain with you? Sorry, but though I forgive you, I don't want to be with anyone that cheats on me. It destroys trust and the relationship is defiled. Nope. I forgive you, but come pick up your crap from house because I'm moving on."
I guess the real question may be is it possible for someone to be born with this sickness, or if it's always something that germinates later on. This particular sickness seems to be so different and so utterly abhorrent compared with practically anything else, that I wonder what purpose it could possibly serve in God's eyes to have people born with it.
You're starting to fall for the same bait that was posed to the heterosexual by the homosexual community. Do you honestly think there is some glandular disturbance or malfunction is the hypothalamus that can account for wanting to molest children? Morb, its sin. Call it what it is. Sin exists! And the more you engage in it, the more depraved the mind becomes. Just look at the progression people go through when they watch porn. First, its normal intercourse, but that gets 'boring.' Then they get into watching and having anal sex. That gets boring, so they go to bisexual pornography. That gets 'boring.' Then their senses become so dull from sin, they need ridiculous amounts of stimulation, so they engage in masochistic activities. It just snowballs into the most ridiculous things. How are animals sexually attractive? Do you think you're born that way, or that you developed that from sin? Is a little baby sexually attractive or is it due to sin that got progressively worse? Make no excuses for the sinner. Rebuke a sinner firmly, but with love. He will hate you for it, but if he turns, he will realize that what you've done for him was not to placate him but its because you love him.
|
|
#20
 2006-03-19, 17:00
|
Atomical 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by hyroglyphx: [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by -Morb-: [b]Do you honestly think there is some glandular disturbance or malfunction is the hypothalamus that can account for wanting to molest children? Morb, its sin. Call it what it is. Sin exists!
Argument of incredulity.
|
|
#21
 2006-03-19, 18:53
|
Dragonsthrone 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Question for Christians only, what is the answer to this social question?
quote: Originally posted by Atomical: You have any proof to support this?
As i said i havn't heard of anyone being cured from it, but if you believe the Bible you shuold have all the proof you need. 
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|