|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| DIY Do It Yourself! Advice on how to make beer, plant a garden, use power tools, record music, and build things yourself. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2006-03-14, 02:40
|
|
|
DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
As part of a 'project', which SWIM seeks to intervere, he needs a rocketlauncher, similar to this: http:/ /www.class icfighters .co.nz/pho tos/galler ies/cf05_b oyd_01/ima ge/nebelwerfer.jpg
Obviously there are two components to be build: The launcher and the rocket(s)
I have a pretty good idea how to build the launcher, nothing difficult about it actually.
My greatest concern would be the rockets. They need to be light but strong and fly for at least a mile or 3.
Thank you..
|
|
#2
 2006-03-14, 04:41
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
And where, pray tell, are you going to have THREE MILES to safely test these rockets? Remember that you need three miles in all directions because more likely than not your rockets will fly everywhere.
I'm trusting that you are using these for peaceful and civil experiment and not using them for, say, attacks on people you hate. Although my intuition tells me otherwise, hence the "SWIM."
I won't give you any specific information other than a) that the launcher is simply a metal tube and has no real significance
b) you need to start researching propellant chemistry and rocket desing to make something that will fly a mile or more.
c) you will need a metalworking shop and each rocket will take several hours to make, and several tries to make CORRECTLY.
IF you post what your "project" is and I approve, I might help you a bit more.
|
|
#3
 2006-03-16, 13:52
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
quote: Originally posted by Sentinel: And where, pray tell, are you going to have THREE MILES to safely test these rockets? Remember that you need three miles in all directions because more likely than not your rockets will fly everywhere.
I'm trusting that you are using these for peaceful and civil experiment and not using them for, say, attacks on people you hate. Although my intuition tells me otherwise, hence the "SWIM."
I won't give you any specific information other than a) that the launcher is simply a metal tube and has no real significance
b) you need to start researching propellant chemistry and rocket desing to make something that will fly a mile or more.
c) you will need a metalworking shop and each rocket will take several hours to make, and several tries to make CORRECTLY.
IF you post what your "project" is and I approve, I might help you a bit more.
Allright SWIM will tell, SWIM is part of a WWII reenactmentgroup which uses real rifles, and cars. They have a nice forest with bunkers, trenches, barbedwire, craters etc. This group has public gatherings and people watch as they reenact some (fictious) battle's and exercizes. Now SWIM 2 came up with the idea to buy a Nebelwerfer and fire it. But SWIM has found out that they catn but one, so he decides to build one himself. In order to make the show as authentic as possible, all SWIM's weapons and those of SWIM's friends are real. Thus SWIM needs a working nebelwerfer and working rockets SWIM can fire.
|
|
#4
 2006-03-16, 14:22
|
RevolutionNov7th 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
If it's for re-enactment purposes, I doubt you need a three mile-rocket. Regardless, you don't have a chance in hell of getting it past the FAA. Some kinda modified firework full of phosphorus will do.
|
|
#5
 2006-03-16, 21:27
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
quote: Originally posted by RevolutionNov7th: If it's for re-enactment purposes, I doubt you need a three mile-rocket. Regardless, you don't have a chance in hell of getting it past the FAA. Some kinda modified firework full of phosphorus will do.
Fuck FAA, I'm not in America or UK or whatever. Let me worry about the legal isseu's. As long as it isnt guided and I request permission from the firedept. its all OK here.
|
|
#6
 2006-03-16, 21:30
|
Choscura 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
3 miles is a bit far, I'd just make something that you could fire off at a few hundred yard range- so you can see the explosion  and where the hell are you? I want to go there now.
|
|
#7
 2006-03-17, 00:02
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
quote: Originally posted by Choscura: 3 miles is a bit far, I'd just make something that you could fire off at a few hundred yard range- so you can see the explosion 
and where the hell are you? I want to go there now.
Holland
|
|
#8
 2006-03-19, 19:06
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
You're gonna need a metal shop or something, the rockets must be PERFECT. Go over to BB and ask about propellants (sucrose/KMnO4 is your best bet, act like you know something, they hate idiots)
|
|
#9
 2006-03-20, 06:37
|
Kwinniebogan 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
Fixing the link just to see a tiny picture is a bit of a letdown, nice project though KoB
[This message has been edited by Kwinniebogan (edited 03-20-2006).]
|
|
#10
 2006-03-20, 13:44
|
|
|
Re: DIY: Nebelwerfer 41
How hard could this be, its not rocket science!. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . . . . . . .
Doh!
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|