About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-19, 15:29
Regular
 
America
Default sjambok

I am a little skepitical about it because its made out of plastic. Has anyone ever used one, if so then are they anygood.

http://tinyurl.com/fgrn7




[This message has been edited by crackhead (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #2 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:05
Alek Tricity Alek Tricity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sjambok

EDIT : The first post has been fixed.

I dunno. It's about as much efficient as slaping someone to death. Although if you could strike someone's eye or groin in a jab-like fashion, it could be usefull...

[This message has been edited by Alek Tricity (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #3 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:10
JewDude2 JewDude2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sjambok

quote:
Originally posted by Alek Tricity:
Come on, say it with me :

T-I-N-Y U-R-L

T-I-N-Y U-R-L
www.tinyurl.com

a lot of people will avoid the link if it's broken down and long




And he said "let it be tiny" and it was, and he saw that it was good: http://tinyurl.com/erekd
 #4 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:19
Alek Tricity Alek Tricity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sjambok

^^ Praise you, good sir. Praise you.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 17:48
Regular
 
America
Default Re: sjambok

There I changed it in the first post.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:25
TheZombieMan TheZombieMan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sjambok

I guess it really depends on what you're planning on using it for. It is made of plastic, it wont feel good to get whipped with, and it will probly be ok for slapping snakes to death with. Does it serve any real purpose though.....
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 21:53
Regular
 
America
Default Re: sjambok

quote:
Originally posted by TheZombieMan:
I guess it really depends on what you're planning on using it for. It is made of plastic, it wont feel good to get whipped with, and it will probly be ok for slapping snakes to death with. Does it serve any real purpose though.....


I dont know.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 22:00
Regular
 
Sydney
Default Re: sjambok

Boks could introduce you to a whole new level of pain if need be. A lot of the time they can split skin on contact.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:00
Loc Dogg Loc Dogg is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sjambok

quote:
Originally posted by Shotties:
Boks could introduce you to a whole new level of pain if need be. A lot of the time they can split skin on contact.


Indeed.

I've got the Cold Steel sjambok. If you got hit with one of these, you will scream/cry like a little bitch and you will NOT want another. Unless you're on PCP. There is even a verse in the Bible which tells of a man getting hit across the face with a skambok, and his mouth was cut open. No, not his lips, his mouth was now bigger than usual because the side was cut open and the sjambok tore through his face.

Would you like me to whip my leg wtih jeans on as hard as possible and get pics? I'll do it for totse.

EDIT: added more info.

[This message has been edited by Loc Dogg (edited 03-20-2006).]
 #10 
Old 2006-03-20, 05:02
TheZombieMan TheZombieMan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: sjambok

I own two coldsteel sjamboks, the old ones that came with the red tear-the-shit-out-of-your-hand handles. I driled some holes and replaced it with paracord wrapping. I'm not so sure they would just tear open skin. Maybe the real leather ones, but this plastic stuff dosn't really impress me. Yes it would really hurt, but you get maybe one good swing then what? There isn't a desirable amount of force trasnfer and honestly if your dealing with somebody who knows how to take pain it could easily not faze them. No penetration, no force, just dosn't seem effective.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-20, 20:18
Regular
 
Default Re: sjambok

quote:
Originally posted by Loc Dogg:
Indeed.

I've got the Cold Steel sjambok. If you got hit with one of these, you will scream/cry like a little bitch and you will NOT want another. Unless you're on PCP. There is even a verse in the Bible which tells of a man getting hit across the face with a skambok, and his mouth was cut open. No, not his lips, his mouth was now bigger than usual because the side was cut open and the sjambok tore through his face.

Would you like me to whip my leg wtih jeans on as hard as possible and get pics? I'll do it for totse.

EDIT: added more info.




Do it.


NOW.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics