About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:02
Regular
 
The Temples of Syrinx
Default Link to cheap Winchester LE ammo (sells to Civilians)

http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=hotpig27&ct=59100


This is the only online place I have seen that sells these (I've never really looked though) and I believe that their prices are pretty reasonable. They also stock the 127gr +p+ 9mm that I heard can defeat certain vests becuase of a manufacturing flaw.

Well enjoy people,
5.56 SS109
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 20:37
Moderator
 
USA
Default Re: Link to cheap Winchester LE ammo (sells to Civilians)

Nice find.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:10
Gauss Gauss is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Link to cheap Winchester LE ammo (sells to Civilians)

Is the Winchester Ranger ammo better than Hydrashocks, Gold Dots, etc.?
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 23:24
Soda_Can_Sniper Soda_Can_Sniper is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Link to cheap Winchester LE ammo (sells to Civilians)

I posted this site a while back so anyone here could get Ranger Talon ammo.

It's some of the best handgun defense ammo around, the only other two I like are Federal HST and Gold Dots.

And seeing as how you get a box of 50 for $20, that's a better buy than most premium ammo. I hope they ship well, as I haven't bought here yet.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:05
Regular
 
The Temples of Syrinx
Default Re: Link to cheap Winchester LE ammo (sells to Civilians)

That's a dumb question, lol. Most anything made by Winchester is top of the line. However, I am a big fan of the Hydrashock (135gr in my XD at the moment) but Rangers are the best IMHO I just never got around to ordering them. I'd also like to pick up some Silvertips though they are "old technology" they have been pumped into more scum than most ammo and I believe they work well, same with Hydrashocks.

Another one of my favorite rounds is the Aguila IQ bullet. It's made of zinc with a HUGE cavity in the front and they move extremely fast (117gr .45 at 1550 fps, for something like 620 ft/lbs) plus they are super penetrative on objects that need penetrating (such as car doors) me and my dad put 5 of these through a 3/16" steel plate at 10 yards. But these rounds also fragment in tissue and produce a (predicted) lethal wounds and several wound channels. So think of it as having the specs of a Glaser without all the downfalls of one. Plus at $7 a box (of 20) who can complain?
 #6 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:49
Big Floppy Titties Big Floppy Titties is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Link to cheap Winchester LE ammo (sells to Civilians)

quote:
RA40TA Winchester Ranger T-Series 165gr 40 S&W 50 rounds 3 $ 20.00
$ 60.00
Subtotal
$ 60.00
Shipping and Handling
$ 11.50
Order Total (USD)
$ 71.50


Not bad.. forty seven cents per round.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics