About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:18
Gauss Gauss is offline
Regular
 
Default BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

http://tinyurl.com/lfu4z

We've discussed this a little before. This one is an actual ban, most of my guns would become illegal if it passes. I'm not very worried, but it does make me nervous.

Should I turn in my guns if it happens?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:44
Moderator
 
I live in Heresy
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Should I turn in my guns if it happens?



No, but I do think you should send them your ammonution.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:54
Optionryder420 Optionryder420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

There's no way that shit better pass.

Do you think assasinating the Bradys would make these liberal gun grabbing hippies worse?

What if someone did it with a knife?
 #4 
Old 2006-03-18, 18:57
Moderator
 
USA
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

It only claims to ban the sale of the questioned weapons. That means if they eventually confiscate your weapons, they won't reimburse you (it'd be an illegal sale), even though for at least the moment you're fine.
 #5 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:19
Gauss Gauss is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

Well, it seems to have been somewhat voted against already, but I can't find any clear information about what happened to the bill.

This is the bill: http://tinyurl.com/hphvu
 #6 
Old 2006-03-18, 19:59
Regular
 
boston
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by Optionryder420:
There's no way that shit better pass.

Do you think assasinating the Bradys would make these liberal gun grabbing hippies worse?

What if someone did it with a knife?



what if somebody did it with a tie died shirt or tofu?
 #7 
Old 2006-03-18, 22:58
Moderator
 
Wherever I lay my hat
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Should I turn in my guns if it happens?


Yup. One bullet at a time...

From my cold, dead hands.
 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 00:05
Unknown06 Unknown06 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Should I turn in my guns if it happens?


No.

-Unknown06-
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 01:01
Faithless Faithless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

Ultimately most people conform.

A few people will rebel. A few Ruby Ridges.

I'd say oil your weapons, break them down and bury them.

One lesson from history is that rebellion or revolution did not begin at the beginning of a period of crisis.

It happened after every other option had been exhausted and there was no turning back. When crisis had piled on top of crisis.

The worlds got plenty of martyrs. I'd say don't join them unless you are looking for your footnote in history.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-19, 04:55
uebe uebe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by newbreed:
what if somebody did it with a tie died shirt or tofu?


We could do it while wearing a tie-died shirt when they're eating their tofu. With a laser-guided missle!
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:46
MasterPython MasterPython is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by Random_Looney:
That means if they eventually confiscate your weapons, they won't reimburse you (it'd be an illegal sale), even though for at least the moment you're fine.


I though in the states unlike Canada people had property rights and the government had to pay compensation on any legaly owned goods seized or reduced in value? If they don't it basicly means that you do not own your property and you live in either a communist country or a dictatorship. Canada is a dictatorship because in a communist country property is technicaly held in the name of the people while in Canada it is held in the name of the queen.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 10:01
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

This whole from my cold dead hands thing is stupid. I mean, you will die man! If you think this is an issue worth dying over, be my guest, but i think your an idiot.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-19, 16:51
JewDude2 JewDude2 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett:
This whole from my cold dead hands thing is stupid. I mean, you will die man! If you think this is an issue worth dying over, be my guest, but i think your an idiot.



It is an attack on the essential liberties of an American Citizen as described in the second ammendment of the Bill of Rights. As was said by Patrick Henry: "Give me liberty, or give me death".
 #14 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:57
SomethingSimple SomethingSimple is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

Nah not with a gun, a rolled up newspaper.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:58
SomethingSimple SomethingSimple is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
http://tinyurl.com/lfu4z

We've discussed this a little before. This one is an actual [b]ban
, most of my guns would become illegal if it passes. I'm not very worried, but it does make me nervous.

Should I turn in my guns if it happens?[/B]


Which firearems that you own are legal right now? Are you willing to trade or sell them for a firearm that is legal in your area? Do you live in cook county (Chicgo)?

Contact me at just_another_email_box@yahoo.com to if intersted..

[This message has been edited by SomethingSimple (edited 03-19-2006).]
 #16 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:43
Big Floppy Titties Big Floppy Titties is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Support this ban to stop the sale of deadly weapons
like UZIs and AK-47s, and keep our communities

If you would like to help,
call the Governor�s Office at 312/814-3177.


It is time to call the governor's office and tell them "You've lost my vote and the vote of everyone I know and will influence from now until election day."
 #17 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:15
Moderator
 
USA
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

quote:
Originally posted by MasterPython:
I though in the states unlike Canada people had property rights and the government had to pay compensation on any legaly owned goods seized or reduced in value? If they don't it basicly means that you do not own your property and you live in either a communist country or a dictatorship. Canada is a dictatorship because in a communist country property is technicaly held in the name of the people while in Canada it is held in the name of the queen.


Not if the weapons are illegal. If I deal drugs, the feds can take all my stuff. They need no compensation as long as my things can be deemed to be aiding in my illegal business. I have some in my house? Gone. Auctioned off. I might have had some in my car? Gone, too. No recompensation. I'd assume the same could be true for guns. Evidence, at the least, if possessing them is a crime.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-20, 02:45
Gauss Gauss is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: BAN AK-47s and Uzis in IL!

MasterPython, in America, you don't even truly own your land anymore. If the government decides that it could be used better by themselves or a corporation, they can force you off it.

I hate America. But it's the least of the evils, as far as I know.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics