About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Society > Weapons and Combat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weapons and Combat This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons. This forum is about real weapons - Threads about paintball, airsoft, and other sport related combat may posted in Go Team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-03-15, 07:10
Junyi Junyi is offline
Regular
 
Default I'm not good with guns, so...

Rifle M964 FAL, 7,62 mm, automatic

Machine gun M2 HB, 12,7 mm, automatic

ok, these 2, do you know if they are good guns?
 #2 
Old 2006-03-15, 08:25
GuerillaWhite GuerillaWhite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

Yes. Both excellent guns.
 #3 
Old 2006-03-15, 08:52
Faithless Faithless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

And what game did you get those from then?
 #4 
Old 2006-03-15, 08:58
Junyi Junyi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

lol, I did not get them =P

Since I know nothing of guns, I wanted to check if brazilian army had at least some good ones. Those are some I know they use, but I think they are nothing compared to those other nations like the USA use. Could you compare USA's rifles with these 2, please?
 #5 
Old 2006-03-15, 09:04
Faithless Faithless is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

I haven't shot either rifle.

The FNFAL is heavier in weight and calibre than the American M16/M4 family. This means it is lethal over longer ranges but you carry less ammo in the magazine or on your person.

Have a look here for more info.
 #6 
Old 2006-03-15, 09:11
Junyi Junyi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

Thanks for the URL faithless, now, do you also have a good URL for comparative on military tanks?
 #7 
Old 2006-03-19, 02:58
Myron Mujadi Myron Mujadi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

dude brazil has sick shit. they use only the best small arms. these arent dirty middle easterners were talking about here.

fals are top notch, and the m2 is what we in the united states use also, it kicks ass.

 #8 
Old 2006-03-19, 03:35
ShqipTAR ShqipTAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Myron Mujadi:
dude brazil has sick shit. they use only the best small arms. these arent dirty middle easterners were talking about here.

fals are top notch, and the m2 is what we in the united states use also, it kicks ass.




Eh? Do you even know what the fuck 'dirty middle easterners' use?
 #9 
Old 2006-03-19, 07:10
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Junyi:
lol, I did not get them =P

Since I know nothing of guns, I wanted to check if brazilian army had at least some good ones. Those are some I know they use, but I think they are nothing compared to those other nations like the USA use. Could you compare USA's rifles with these 2, please?



M2 is an american .50 cal machine gun. Very good weapon, been around for a long time.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-19, 14:35
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

Man fucking BRs are taking over the internet. They must have only just developed a telco system or something, they are popping up everywhere.
 #11 
Old 2006-03-19, 18:17
Moderator
 
I live in Heresy
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by PvtVVitt:
M2 is an american .50 cal machine gun. Very good weapon, been around for a long time.



Mind what you call American.
Americanmade, yes.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-19, 20:13
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Mokothar:

Mind what you call American.
American[b]made
, yes.[/B]


It was designed in the USA, how is it not an American machine gun?
 #13 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:06
Junyi Junyi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett:
Man fucking BRs are taking over the internet. They must have only just developed a telco system or something, they are popping up everywhere.


lol, true that there are too many BRs in the internet, but don't worry about us, we are harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Myron Mujadi:
dude brazil has sick shit. they use only the best small arms. these arent dirty middle easterners were talking about here.

fals are top notch, and the m2 is what we in the united states use also, it kicks ass.



We have some good weapons industry such as IMBEL and Taurus here. I could post a link to our army website, but I don't think you speak portuguese, so, if you want, I can list our guns.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-20, 00:33
Big Floppy Titties Big Floppy Titties is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Junyi:
Rifle M964 FAL, 7,62 mm, automatic

Machine gun M2 HB, 12,7 mm, automatic

ok, these 2, do you know if they are good guns?



Either are good; just use god mode!

 #15 
Old 2006-03-20, 01:18
Junyi Junyi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Big Floppy Titties:
Either are good; just use [b]god mode!

[/B]


err, sure...
 #16 
Old 2006-03-20, 02:07
smokeymcpot420 smokeymcpot420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

Any one here ever seene "Lord of War"? The armys just leave them huge ass piles of guns because it cost more to bring them back then to buy new ones. Then, the guy buys the land and sells tehm...
 #17 
Old 2006-03-20, 03:41
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by smokeymcpot420:
Any one here ever seene "Lord of War"? The armys just leave them huge ass piles of guns because it cost more to bring them back then to buy new ones. Then, the guy buys the land and sells tehm...


yeah just look at AK kits. a fully auto AK is worth more cut up and sold as a parts kit to be built into a semi-auto version here in the US than its worth to sell it as a full auto in the home country.
 #18 
Old 2006-03-20, 05:06
Big Floppy Titties Big Floppy Titties is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Junyi:
err, sure...


quote:
Originally posted by Faithless:
And what game did you get those from then?


Err sure yourself.

The question still stands.
 #19 
Old 2006-03-20, 05:33
Junyi Junyi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Big Floppy Titties:
Err sure yourself.

The question still stands.



quote:
Originally posted by Junyi:
lol, I did not get them =P

Since I know nothing of guns, I wanted to check if brazilian army had at least some good ones. Those are some I know they use, but I think they are nothing compared to those other nations like the USA use. Could you compare USA's rifles with these 2, please?

 #20 
Old 2006-03-20, 05:34
Cloaked Dagger Cloaked Dagger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

quote:
Originally posted by Big Floppy Titties:
Err sure yourself.

The question still stands.


He did answer. Appearently those are some of the arms of, his home country, brazil's military. He wanted to make sure his country's military was using good weapons.

[This message has been edited by Cloaked Dagger (edited 03-20-2006).]
 #21 
Old 2006-03-20, 16:55
Myron Mujadi Myron Mujadi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

hey shqiptar are you trying to argue that an ak variant is better than a fal in any way shape or form?

and yeah junyi, post the army link please. i'll wade through the portuguese.
 #22 
Old 2006-03-20, 17:40
Junyi Junyi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I'm not good with guns, so...

Here you go:
http://www.exercito.gov.br/ http://www.exercito.gov.br/03Brafor/armtmuni/indice.htm

the second is a direct link to the weapons area.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics