About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Entertainment > Anime
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime This forum is for the discussion of Anime, Manga, Hentai, Cosplay, anything related to Anime or Japanese subculture.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-02-01, 06:39
Infernal Infernal is offline
Regular
 
Default Ghost In The Shell

During the TOTSE down-time, I actually caught up with Ghost In The Shell OVAs + Standalone Complex, and I have made a few conclusions:

-The anime rocks
-The Matrix directors ripped off material from the OVAs like crazy
-The english dubs for this anime ain't too shabby
-Japanese audio dubs are better than English dubs
-I missed TOTSE

Yeah.
 #2 
Old 2006-02-01, 15:03
negative_zero negative_zero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

Yeah. I gave up on that anime after viewing the first episode. It didn't seem that interesting and I'm not a fan of female protagonists. Well, about 6 months back, I saw GITS:the movie and I quite liked it. So I might give the OVAs another chance.
 #3 
Old 2006-02-02, 08:05
R_I R_I is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

You could try the 2nd GITS movie too.
 #4 
Old 2006-02-03, 07:07
kenton kenton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

Gosh I love my Ghost in the Shell. It's not that is IS a smart show about the future but that it just feels smart. I havn't seen any of the movies...are they good?
 #5 
Old 2006-02-11, 14:35
ThreeOne ThreeOne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

that movie...i dont understand it..
 #6 
Old 2006-02-13, 18:46
Nemisis Nemisis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

I love Ghost In The Shell series.
 #7 
Old 2006-02-14, 02:31
SonOfABunny SonOfABunny is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

FMA and GITS one after another on saturday during AS rock my socks!
 #8 
Old 2006-02-18, 06:51
Zcon10 Zcon10 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

The GITS grpahic novel/manga was pretty good.
 #9 
Old 2006-03-17, 09:39
Nephilim Nephilim is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

Is this anime any good? Better than FMA?
 #10 
Old 2006-03-18, 06:18
Mahimaki Mahimaki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ghost In The Shell

In my opinion, GITS is better than FMA. But that's because it's more of what I'm interested in. Sure, I'll watch some surly anime that involves decapitation or the chibi kawaii kids running around having silly adventures (i.e. digi-charat), but I really enjoy the tech-ier anime's like GITS, Lain, Gundam, Cashan, etcetera etcetera etcetara. Point being, to me, GITS is leaps and bounds over FMA, but that's me.


SHIROW IS MY GOD!!!!! only to be rivaled by the goddess Rumiko.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics