About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Mother Nature > Green Planet
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Green Planet Environmental issues. The ozone hole. Tree hugging for fun and profit. Toxins in the air, water, and soil. Biotechnological foodstuffs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2006-01-31, 06:03
Project Pyro Project Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default In the wilderness

has anyone ever just left modern day soceity and went and lived in the woods by themselves(besides the Unibomber)?
If so could you please give me the details.
 #2 
Old 2006-01-31, 20:01
hoaxe hoaxe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

it's called camping dude,

try it, do it easy at first, bing some equipment, and then every time you go again, you choose to loose some equipment. try reting a canoe and going someplace that takes a few days of carrying and rowing and camping.

also pick up fishing and then maybe you can go with nothing but a pocket knife and make it for a week in the wilderness.

EDIT: bears love hugs, and so do i. match made in heaven.

[This message has been edited by hoaxe (edited 01-31-2006).]
 #3 
Old 2006-02-01, 02:06
Project Pyro Project Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

no i'm talking way off the grid like living out there and not having anything
 #4 
Old 2006-02-02, 13:08
DesertWolf DesertWolf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

i would like to do that. nothing but a loincloth and a pointy stick to spear food with. i think i'd enjoy that more than my current life. even better than tat would be to make friends with a genuine aboriginal tribe and hang out with them, learning all their bush survival techniqes and that.
 #5 
Old 2006-02-04, 05:40
Project Pyro Project Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

I think it would be fun to dig this huge tunnel somewhere in the boonies in a semi tropical place and then live in the tunnel. I would probably put like a bubble or shell on the enterance just to keep stuff out and dig a drainage tunnel. Keep a milk jug to piss into and then dig another hole away from the first one to shit in and pour the milk jug into. But other than that tunnels rock because they stay warm even in the winter.
 #6 
Old 2006-02-04, 18:11
Run Screaming Run Screaming is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

quote:
Originally posted by Project Pyro:
no i'm talking way off the grid like living out there and not having anything


Did that for a couple of weeks. It changes you, how you think, how you look at the world.

Get your skillset together and practice b4 U go.
 #7 
Old 2006-02-04, 21:11
bynumbers bynumbers is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

quote:
Originally posted by DesertWolf:
i would like to do that. nothing but a loincloth and a pointy stick to spear food with. i think i'd enjoy that more than my current life. even better than tat would be to make friends with a genuine aboriginal tribe and hang out with them, learning all their bush survival techniqes and that.


That would be great fun untill it rained and started to get cold. ...Especially in that loin cloth!

 #8 
Old 2006-02-05, 06:53
Project Pyro Project Pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

I think it would be cool to just do it during the summer and like while your up their you could bring like a video camera with tons of battries and then like study an endangered species or something like that, that's productive. Know?
 #9 
Old 2006-03-05, 07:44
requeth requeth is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

I spent 2 months in England doing something of this a few years back. I was attempting to keep to the backwoods and survive, hopping out every now and again. I recommend having supplies but not being dependant on them, you can always stash them in a hole when not in active use. I agree though, it does change you. I find normal humor annoying, and laugh when others are disgusted. I have heard of this with others as well. On the whole, I recommend doing the backwaters dodging as long as there is a chance of death, you will learn from it.
 #10 
Old 2006-03-07, 17:52
moby_dick moby_dick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

quote:
Originally posted by Project Pyro:
I think it would be fun to dig this huge tunnel somewhere in the boonies in a semi tropical place and then live in the tunnel. I would probably put like a bubble or shell on the enterance just to keep stuff out and dig a drainage tunnel. Keep a milk jug to piss into and then dig another hole away from the first one to shit in and pour the milk jug into. But other than that tunnels rock because they stay warm even in the winter.
What...the...fuck.

Anyway. I've never actually gone and lived out there, as such, but I have done a couple of Woodlore courses, and would highly reccomend any of them to people living in Britain who want to expand their knowledge of living in wild places. www.raymears.com

I could certainly see myself going out and living when I'm older, though.

Requeth: there are no wildernesses in England, Whereabouts did you go? I'd be interested to hear details of your expedition.


 #11 
Old 2006-03-07, 21:29
britishboy britishboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

Anyone ever seen "Homeward bound" the movie?

thats the wilderness Id like to go to. does anyone know what im talking about, and if yes, tell me the name of that wilderness.
 #12 
Old 2006-03-08, 06:09
TheLaUghiNgHeretic TheLaUghiNgHeretic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

Homeward Bound....was that the movie with the talking cat and dogs? I guess you could head to Yellowstone National Park if thats what you're looking for.
 #13 
Old 2006-03-11, 22:08
super chick super chick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

you people are retards.
 #14 
Old 2006-03-11, 22:12
super chick super chick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

I live in the bush for the hole summer and winter and I dont where a loin cloth.and im not crazy. it is not some weird thing, its normal. you guys must live in the city. I love hunting and fishing and I trap cute animals and it is fun.
 #15 
Old 2006-03-18, 00:31
super chick super chick is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: In the wilderness

nothing to say?
 #16 
Old 2006-03-18, 02:54
Moderator
 
Former HB mod.
Default Re: In the wilderness

Ermmmm......get the fuck off TOTSE you semi-literate, triple posting, stupid little whore?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics