About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Bitch and Moan
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bitch and Moan Bitch, moan, flame, and complain.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-10-26, 07:04
UbiloZ UbiloZ is offline
Regular
 
Default I fucking Give up

Please don't archive this. If you must, then delete my posts. And I'm very surprised at the amount of attention this has received.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-28, 08:51
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: I fucking Give up

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
Meta,

I let the last one of your cleverisms pass without comment. I feel obligated to pounce on this. I noticed it before and was waiting to see if anyone else would comment and since they haven't I will.

For the uninitiated, what Meta is doing is making a pun on a quote from one of the Masters of both wit and sarcasm, Sir Winston Churchill. Winston had once received a letter from a lady criticizing him (Winston) for ending a sentence with a preposition. In his typical Winston style, he retorted thus: "That is an insult, up with which, I will not put".

In my estimation it is a classic which can only be tied, never exceeded.

Nox



That I keep tossing such type things out is proof that even at my advanced state of decrepitude and cynicism hope yet springs eternal.

Many is the time I've posted something waiting for someone to catch it.

And then, when I despair of it ever happening, along comes someone like you to renew my hopes for the generations that follow mine.

Thus hath my faith been restored.


.

.

.

[Was that too over the top do you think?]

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 10-28-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics