About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Bitch and Moan
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bitch and Moan Bitch, moan, flame, and complain.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-20, 00:54
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Am I being too much of a nazi???

I got sorta pissed at all the dumbass questions and i've been closing a LOT of threads in bad ideas, am I being TOO harsh on the newbies?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-20, 02:00
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

I feel your pain, no really, I do, it is somewhere around the 3rd sciatic vertabrae and you should have it looked at. But I don't think you are really all that much more harsh on the noobers than any regular poster or moderator. As long as you give some constructive criticism and don't just flame,
ie: "that idea is so stupid you should be shot, were you born on a moron-farm?, did you fall out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down?", then you can go to sleep knowing you were a good totse moderator. Admittedly, some forums have filled up with enough shit to gag a mule, but such is post-bombshock life. There are lots of good, young, posters out there, ones that take totse as seriosly as is possible under the circumstances. I think I should become a moderator, I have a pretty high bullshit tolerance, and am here almost every day. What the hell, eh? Then again, I don't even look at Bad Ideas, I have made my fair share of explosive devices in my time, things I learned making pipe bombs as a teenager have been refined since. Back in Alberta I used a chlorine gas generator and an old math co-processor fan to make a device to force gophers out of their burrows so we could shoot them. Now is that a Bad Idea or what?

[This message has been edited by culinaryoverlord (edited 10-20-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-20, 03:01
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

First off, I commend you for your previous patience and tolerance. You are not being too harsh. It needs to be done.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-20, 03:18
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

I too feel your pain. Yours is a different problem than mine. I have a subject specific forum where yours is a general, catch-all called bad ideas. Newbies gravitate to yours more than mine because they are less threatened by the title. I have nailed some idiots in your forum who I felt crossed the line from bad to felony. I don't know how to handle the morons who just walk the line.

My advice would be to keep in mind the balance between showing ones stupidity, free speech, advocation of a felony, and the all-encompassing 12-year-old-bombshock-wannabe mentality. How does one do that? Just do it your way. Whenever someone starts crying about a heavy hand, refer them to the complaint department run by J.C.Stanton@Totse.com. From what I've seen of how you've run your forum (including moving a topic of mine), you don't need to worry about getting fired. Maybe you need to give a little more latitude, but that is purely a subjective point.

My point ... Keep on doing it your way and quit second-guessing yourself.

For what it's worth.

Nox
 #5 
Old 2002-10-20, 03:56
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

Well I think locking a topic still sets them say what they want, I just lock it so the flames and retarded replies don't keep it at the top.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:05
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

Not enough, really. Being a nazi that is.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:54
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

confuzious, your just trying to get hate threads. I usualy stay pretty silent in there, but i try to check in every once in a while.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-21, 17:05
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

dont be ahsmaed of your nazism, i think its tiome you "came out the closet" and admitted to the world that you are a nazi.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-21, 17:39
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

Yes, and I am conspiring with your school's principal to take over the world!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!
 #10 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:06
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

Fuck the newbies.

Kill them all, then pile their bodies in the great pyre of idiocy. I shall dance around their burning corpses, singing hymns and quaffing psychedelic potions. The smoke of their stupidity shall blot out the sun, and the chosen ones shall create monuments to their own greatness. Darwin damn them all.

In conclusion:

Fuck

Newbies
 #11 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:47
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

We need to concentrate on killing idiots... Sort of like hitler killed jews, but justified because we'd be doing humanity a favor. Anyone dumber than me goes to the gas chamber.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:57
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Am I being too much of a nazi???

quote:
Originally posted by confuzious:
Anyone dumber than me


Is that possible?

*Nox giggles*

Nox
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics