About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Bitch and Moan
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bitch and Moan Bitch, moan, flame, and complain.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-18, 05:10
Regular
 
Default GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

Ugh, this pain is unbearable..... Whenever I get a cold, my left ear hurts. When I was a kid I had 6 left ear infections and 3 tubes put in and lost about 50% hearing in my left ear. Now whenever I get a head cold, my ear infection pain comes back.

It feels like a blunt red-hot metal instrument is being shoved into my eardrum every second. It started at 2:00 PM today whilst playing Madden 2003 with a friend and by 4 I was writhing in pain crying on the floor. I wouldn't wish this on anybody. I'm dizzy and can't walk because my equalibrium is fucked up now. I can feel my ear move to my heartbeat and each beat brings pain.....

Just thought I'd rant to someone besides my Dad, or to anyone that can relate....
 #2 
Old 2002-10-18, 05:28
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

Oh god. Poor you. I sympathise. I get migraines, and sometimes lasting for three days, they can be pretty suicide inducing.

What do you take, and isn't there something further the docs can do for you?
 #3 
Old 2002-10-18, 19:58
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

Good LORD sweetheart! I sympathize with BOTH of you! I too get migraines and I have had them last up to 7 days straight! It is by far the most intense pain I could ever describe to you, when I get one all I want to do is die...seriously! But thank God I found a Neurologist that gives me vicodin and darvocet for my pain and also something so I won't puke until I'm dehydrated. Damn ok enough about me....

I suggest you call the doctor and demand something for pain, you condition is real and they should see that. If they don't go to the Emergency Room and they will probably give you demerol. Be sure to let them know how much pain you're in and get them to give you something to take home!!!

Good luck sweety!

Sincerely,

Annabelle
 #4 
Old 2002-10-18, 20:25
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

You may have allergies (I am being serious).

Nox
 #5 
Old 2002-10-18, 21:19
Who's Your Daddy? Who's Your Daddy? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

Nox is right on. Many allergens (even milk) can cause ear aches/infections.
Try to get to a good doctor who specializes in allergies. Many people have a slight allergy to one thing or another.
For a short term cure, go take a shower and sit just out of the shower spray. Then turn the hot water to make and turn off the cold water. Viola, you have a sauna. It will drain you sinus, including the eustation tube (the tubes connecting your ears to the back of your throat.
If you start to get a lot of mucus in your throat, it�s working.

I hope you feel better.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-18, 22:14
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

Tin, I'm just wondering but did you grow up around smokers? Second-hand smoke has been closly linked to ear infections ,espectialy in children.
If you smoke I suggest you quit. If you don't smoke ,thats great.
BTW, when I refer to smoke I mean cigarete\tobbaco smoke. Vile weed.
Get well. Be well.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-19, 03:20
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

Let me start with my [now] usual disclaimer:

In no way am I going to try and dismiss anyone�s pain, nor am I going to try to compare pains.

Fact is: you can't. Pain is a relative thing [you hope that certain relatives get afflicted with a big dose of it....Sorry, couldn't resist].

And no mater who has what, when and/or why, the worst pain in the world is always going to be your pain.

And you can't even say which type is worse when you're talking about different pains that only you have.

Cause in those type situations the answer again is always going to be the: the pain you have at that time is the worst.

I clearly remember as a kid that when I had a headache. And brother [or sister- sorry] let me tell you I had some beauts when I was ages 4 to 6 or there abouts; they would get worse and worse and then taper off. I was given these pills that I was to put under my tongue at the first sign of one. When I was somewhere in my mid teens I realized that they were only placeboes, because I could clearly remember the pills -how they looked and tasted, but I couldn't recall what the headaches felt like. So I figured that they had been [I'm going to save some time later, by apologizing right now, for what I'm about to write: I'm sorry, I wouldn't be me though if I didn't say it...Ok, now to continue:] I figured that the headaches must have been all in my head.

I told my Mom that I had only then figured it out.

Imagine the look of utter amazement on my face when she told me that I was wrong!

Apparently I did have the headaches, and the pills were not fakes. Then she dropped a blockbuster on me: her and my Dad and the Dr. thought I had a brain tumor!

Rare, indeed, are those times that something or someone has left me speechless, but what the hell can you say to something like that?

And, since then, I have on occasion revisited what memories of that time as I could force to the surface, and tried to see it in light of what I had just learned, and then tried to see it the way they did back then, and tried to imagine myself in the same situation with my daughter and I just can't do it - not even for a second.

And my parents were younger than I am now [they are 19 and 20 years older than me, so at that time I was about 5, making Momm 23 and Dadd 24].

I'm sorry, but I just can do it.


....<< The time difference between that above this and that below it is more than an hour and a half. I say this only to show that the was a discontinuity to account for the following shift in the narrative >>....


Damn, I have jumped tracks before on a posting, but never this bad. I'm truly sorry. I tell you, the anonymity of the web sure has an almost narcotic effect on me [though not in any way that would help ease the pain]. I get fingers moving and all too soon my subconscious takes over while the conscience goes for a walk or something.

I mean, this sure ain't the first time I've come back to myself to find that I've posted something that I have never even discussed with my best friend on an acid trip !


Ok. So then, if it's not too late or too out of place and context here, I'd lie to say what I came here to say:

TIN >> I feel for you: I'm the one person [or one of them, I guess] who I wouldn't recommend bitching about pain to. But I had swimmers ear often growing up so I know what an ear ache is like.

But be glad, at least, that you don't have it 24/7, like I've had for more years than I care to think about: I honestly can't remember what no pain was like. Then again with 24/7 pain you learn to live with it and ignore it as best as you can. So much so that any new pain no matter how small in comparison still feels sharper and more severe.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-19, 17:34
RevolutionNov7th RevolutionNov7th is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PAIN!!!

That balancing problem from your ears is pretty fun I think. I had it from the Norwalk virus a few months back, I had just about enough time to enjoy it between bouts of projectile vomiting/shitting.

But on a serious note, yes, you should see a doctor about this. MAKE THE OVERWORKED BASTARD LISTEN though.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics