About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Bitch and Moan
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bitch and Moan Bitch, moan, flame, and complain.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-08, 19:27
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Here's your goddamn topic!!

Anger rising...
Must fight it...


I just spent the last 10 minutes or so writing out this great post that I'm sure everyone here would have loved. Satisfied with my work, I clicked on the "submit new topic" button without realising that I had neglected to add a subject to my post. Totse was nice enough to inform me of this problem and asked me to use my back button on my browser to "please try again." I dutifully hit said button only to discover that my eloquent prose had been cruely banished from my browser's editbox. Fuck! Has this ever happened to others, or is it just me.

Fuck you totse!
Fuck everyone here! You don't deserve to read my wonderful thoughts.
Fuck me for being so stupid.
And fuck technology while I'm at it.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-08, 21:51
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

That sucks, yeah I'v lost a few.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-08, 23:09
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

quote:
Originally posted by ytrewq:
I just spent the last 10 minutes or so writing out this great post that I'm sure everyone here would have loved.


A "great post" in Bitch and Moan...sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Nox
 #4 
Old 2002-10-09, 00:11
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
A "great post" in Bitch and Moan...sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Nox



No, you're wrong. I was trying to post in another forum, but came here to post about my trouble. That's the reason for this forum, yes?
 #5 
Old 2002-10-09, 00:27
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

quote:
Originally posted by ytrewq:
No, you're wrong. I was trying to post in another forum, but came here to post about my trouble. That's the reason for this forum, yes?


The additional information makes a lot of difference. And yes, I have had the same thing happen to me. I have gotten in the habit whenever I have to move from the post screen, I hit edit and copy as a precaution.

Nox
 #6 
Old 2002-10-09, 00:37
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
The additional information makes a lot of difference. And yes, I have had the same thing happen to me. I have gotten in the habit whenever I have to move from the post screen, I hit edit and copy as a precaution.

Nox



Wonder how hard it would be to create a link on the error page that contains your post text embedded in it. That way you could jump back to your post if you messed something up. It shouldn't be hard to have the cgi script spit your post text back to you on the error page. I would have done the whole copy/paste thing, but I wasn't expecting the error. I should prolly check my work anyway but I'm pretty lazy.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-09, 00:43
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
The additional information makes a lot of difference.
Nox



Heh. I got distracted and forgot to reply to your actual post. The above statement of yours sounds somewhat sarcastic. If it was not intended as such, then just ignore the rest of this post.

Yes, the additional information does make a lot of difference. You mentioned that a "great post" in the bitch and moan forum was an oxymoron. I was simply telling you that I never intended to post a "great post" into the bitch and moan forum. I was simply posting my bitching and moaning about a posting mishap into the "bitch and moan" forum (where it belongs). So, you're wrong about the oxymoron thing.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-09, 07:03
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

There was no sarcasm and the rest is noted.

Nox
 #9 
Old 2002-10-09, 12:14
Tooth Fairy Tooth Fairy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

Nox, if I weren't married...........
 #10 
Old 2002-10-09, 16:10
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Here's your goddamn topic!!

ewww
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics