About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Bitch and Moan
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bitch and Moan Bitch, moan, flame, and complain.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-17, 06:46
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Should I go to college?

I have not intent on staying in the US for more than a two years after I finish my education. Long enough to pull together the cash to buy some coastal property in Jamaica a small boat and some savings for when the fishing is in a slump. The thing is, I want to learn about some of these things even if I have no use for them. What are your thoughts?
 #2 
Old 2002-08-17, 09:35
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Should I go to college?

Knowledge is power.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-17, 10:51
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

but is it worth 80 grand? I suppose it's somthing to fall back on if I ever want to give America another shot. Plus I'd be able to do more then just fish. It's worth it for most people because they'll make it back in their salaries, but how is it going to make me money?
 #4 
Old 2002-08-17, 20:55
ThunderChunky ThunderChunky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

You might change your mind while your in college...
 #5 
Old 2002-08-17, 23:00
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

Try learning about plumbing and electricity,that way you have something to fall back on.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-18, 00:41
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

If you're going to go to jamaica, then go to school to get your instructor liscense in scuba diving, or a massage school or somthing like that. You could make a killing at a resort, especially if you hit the gym really hard and get buff.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-18, 08:37
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

Scuba instructer is a good idea. thanks. I suck at massages though and I really wouldn't enjoy it anyway.
 #8 
Old 2002-08-18, 15:24
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

If you were a buff young guy massaging old greased up women you'd make a killing in tips. But then again you would have to go the the bar every night to erase that memory through repetitive heavy doses of our friend alcohol.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-18, 21:32
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Should I go to college?

You would have to get repeated introductions to the good Doctor Jack Daniels.
 #10 
Old 2002-08-18, 22:18
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

quote:
Originally posted by TOWCHBob:
Long enough to pull together the cash to buy some coastal property in Jamaica a small boat and some savings for when the fishing is in a slump


I am planning to retire in Jamaica to, my family home is worth around �190,000 and it isn�t really anything special in Jamaica you can buy a very large fully furnished coastal house for that and still have change for a very nice sports car. The prices are outrageous in the UK at the moment, a problem of having such a strong economy I suppose. I am only 18 myself and I have to decide on a university place this week (I am probably doing a four year computing course at my local uni) so I have a few years yet to decide how I will make my millions and retire young. I hope that is.

VIPER
 #11 
Old 2002-08-19, 00:38
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

I am planning to become a nurse. Since registered nurses are in high demand, I will be able to use my future trade to travel the country and possiblity the world.

I am using the above example for you that if you ever get tired of jamacia, its best to have a skill that allows you to become mobile.
 #12 
Old 2002-08-19, 21:53
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

don't go to college if you plan on waiting tables for the rest of your life.

at least learn a skill like welding or something.
 #13 
Old 2002-08-19, 23:34
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Should I go to college?

Thanks for the insight everyone.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics