About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-18, 18:07
MaximStuff MaximStuff is offline
Regular
 
Default What is it with Vegans anyway?

I went to a party with my sister once, starving because I hadn't eaten all day, and the party thrower was vegetarian. I've never been so sick in my life. Ugh. My littlest sister was a normal wonderful human being, then suddenly went on this vegetarian kick. Personally, I'd rather die a few years earlier than life without meat.

Meat. *grunts* Good.

------------------
So there.
 #2 
Old 2001-05-19, 02:45
Riot Girl Riot Girl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

Doesn't the thought of eating the flesh of something that was walking around disgust you, even a little bit.
 #3 
Old 2001-05-19, 05:03
MaximStuff MaximStuff is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

I'm thinking about it. *hmmmmmm*. Oh yah, NO! Know why? Because we don't eat the flesh. We eat the muscles and whatnot. =o)

------------------
So there.
 #4 
Old 2001-05-19, 07:55
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

not really, if animals are inferior to humans no, if humans are not superior to animals it should be just as wrong for an animal to eat meat as a human, however this is natural therfore it is natural for the naked chimpanzee to eat flesh.
 #5 
Old 2001-05-19, 20:56
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

It's difficult to obtain the nesscesary nutriants from a meat only diet.
 #6 
Old 2001-05-19, 23:57
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

*eats bongman/consumes his soul*
 #7 
Old 2001-05-20, 00:49
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

See, now that would be the proper diet.
 #8 
Old 2001-05-20, 23:58
MaximStuff MaximStuff is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

Heh. I'm definitely not opposed to eating vegetables.. I'm opposed to eating ONLY veggies. Yuck.

What the hell kind of drink would go with a Bongman anyway? I'd like to see the wine experts figure that little mystery out.

------------------
So there.
 #9 
Old 2001-05-21, 00:27
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

Red.
 #10 
Old 2001-05-21, 01:01
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

I went with a pinot noir. I find that kiante is too hakneyed.

[This message has been edited by Alan Smithee (edited 05-21-2001).]
 #11 
Old 2001-05-22, 04:07
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

hey, i didnt fight my way up to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian!
 #12 
Old 2001-05-22, 21:45
Mustard Mustard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

I am a veggie. I never really liked meat, and was always really fussy and a few years ago it became easier to just say I am a vegetarian than say what I would and wouldn't eat. I think when I am older I will eat meat again. I still easy fish and dairy products, always liked them just not meat... Criticize me all you want I never had a thing against the eating or killing of meat just never liked it...

------------------
Do as I say, Not as I do.
Visit my BSS Deaths Kitchen www.fieldings43.freeserve.co.uk/DK.htm
 #13 
Old 2001-05-23, 00:21
Riot Girl Riot Girl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

quote:
not really, if animals are inferior to humans no, if humans are not superior to animals it should be just as wrong for an animal to eat meat as a human, however this is natural therfore it is natural for the naked chimpanzee to eat flesh.


Most of the animals who kill for food could not survive if they didn�t. That is not the case for us. We are better off not eating meat. Many other animals are vegetarians, including some of our closest primate relatives. Why don�t we look to them as our example instead of to carnivores?
 #14 
Old 2001-05-23, 00:52
MaximStuff MaximStuff is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

See? Now there's a vegetarian I can get behind. Someone who doesn't like the taste of meat is easy to understand. Whatever works.. but those who are vegetarians simply because they can't stomach the fact that their food was once living.. well.. did you happen to think about that ear of corn you're eating right now?? It was once the mother of the baby corn that's now all alone in the fields.

Eat that Disney.

------------------
So there.
 #15 
Old 2001-05-23, 01:13
Riot Girl Riot Girl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

There is currently no reason to believe that plants experience pain, devoid as they are of central nervous systems, nerve endings, and brains. It is theorized that the main reason animals have the ability to experience pain is as a form of self-protection. If you touch something that hurts and could possibly injure you, you will learn from the pain it produces to leave it alone in the future. Since plants cannot locomote and do not have the need to learn to avoid certain things, this sensation would be superfluous.

Plants are completely different physiologically from mammals. If you cut off the branch of a plant, it grows another one (the same can't be said for animals' limbs). Unlike animals' body parts, many perennial plants, fruits, and vegetables can be harvested over and over again without resulting in the death of the plant or tree.

If one is concerned about the impact of vegetable agriculture on the environment, a vegetarian diet is still preferable to a meat-based one, since the vast majority of grains and legumes raised today are used as feed for cattle. By eating vegetables directly, rather than eating animals such as cows who must consume 16 pounds of vegetation in order to convert them into 1 pound of flesh, one is saving many more plants' lives (and destroying less land).
 #16 
Old 2001-05-23, 01:38
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

Very good points.

I will now show you my sticker.

*holds up a sticker that says "Animals Are Tasty"*

That, and that alone, is why I eat meat.

Yes, I did get it from unamerican.com.
 #17 
Old 2001-05-23, 07:15
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

broccoli has a nervous system.

My canine and Insizor teeth are my licence to eat meat.
 #18 
Old 2001-05-23, 23:19
MaximStuff MaximStuff is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

I must say Riot.. while I do not agree with your eating habits, I like you.

I like the way you clearly state your point. And a good point. If I wasn't a die hard meatatarian, then I'd consider your views.

Well said.

Long live the chain of life!
 #19 
Old 2001-06-17, 05:16
aradia aradia is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

for some people, i think they become vegan because they subconsiously are trying to limit their food intake...notice how somany veggies/vegans are skinny chicks

im not meaning it offensively but i think some of you do it. veganism could lead to eating dissorders
 #20 
Old 2001-06-17, 21:32
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: What is it with Vegans anyway?

Not that I'm an avid meat eater or anything. I actually have a problem with my digestive system and can't eat very much red meat or else I get sick. But, I truly believe humans are at the top of the food chain right now and that makes just about anything we want to eat open for tasting.

I think that if you don't like meat, or don't like the idea of eating meat, theres no reason to eat it. No ones putting a gun to your head. I mean, just because you're at the buffet doesn't mean you have to eat everything they offer.

But, those who do eat meat shouldn't have to think twice about it being wrong. Cows are breed for eating. If not to be eaten, most of those cows would never have lived at all.

I feel the same way about fur. However, if it's an endangered species, then that's different. Endangered species are offlimits. But, things like chinchila, mink, and rabbit? Why not?

Eat whatever it is you want to eat. Besides, it's been recorded that plants "feel" pain, too.

I learned about it a long time ago on the Discovery Channel. They had this bed of daisies and they hooked up all the daisies to these electro thingies to moniter their electro waves and when one of the daisies got picked all the others started "freaking out".

So, plants feel pain too. So, what are you going to do, not eat anything?

Again, your choice.

*going to go punch down the pizza dough*

Cheers,
Lost
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics